LESSON 105 THE DREAM OF CLARENCE
第一百零五课 克拉伦斯的梦
Room in the Tower of London. Enter CLARENCE and BRAKENBURY.
克拉伦斯和布莱肯巴里进入伦敦塔的房间。
Brakenbury says: "Why looks your grace so heavily today?"
布莱肯巴里说:“大人您今儿何以如此愁眉不展?”
Clarence says: "O, I have passed a miserable night, so full of ugly sights, of ghastly dreams,
克拉伦斯说:“啊,我这一夜好难熬过,什么丑陋的形象都有,噩梦连连,
That, as I am a Christian, faithful man, I would not spend another such a night, Though were to buy a world of happy days,
我虽然是个基督徒,也不愿再度过这样的夜晚,即使能换来欢乐逍遥的日子。
So full of dismal terror was the time! What was your dream? I long to hear you tell it.
那种凄凉的景象哪堪受!您做的什么梦?真希望讲给我听听。
Methoughts, that I had broken from the Tower, and was embarked to cross to Burgundy;
我以为自己从塔中脱险出来,上了要渡海去勃艮第船;
And, in my company, my brother Gloster; Who, from my cabin, tempted me to walk upon the hatches;
与我同行的是我弟弟格罗斯特,他从船舱里见唤我上船。
thence we looked toward England, and cited up a thousand fearful times during the wars of York and Lancaster that had befallen us.
倚着舱口,我们遥望英格兰,嗟叹万千艰难时世,在约克郡和兰开斯特郡交战期间,我们遭受的苦难。
As we paced along Upon the giddy footing of the hatches, Methought that Gloster stumbled;
当我们从令人晕眩的舱门口踱步到甲板上时,葛罗斯特跌倒了;
and, in falling, struck me, that thought to stay him, overboard, into the tumbling billows of the main.
本欲拽他却未能,他推了我一下,我摔出舱外,跌进波涛翻滚的大海。