But I own my spirits ran away with me this morning, I will obey you better in future,
今天早晨我心情非常舒畅,以后我会更顺从你的,
for they tell me you are a very worthy, good sort of old gentleman.
因为他们告诉我说你是一位非常值得尊敬的老派绅士。
Now who had the familiar impudence to tell you that? Old rusty, there. Why Humphrey, you didn't?
谁这么放肆竟然告诉你这些?都是一些陈年旧事。为什么,亨弗莱,不会是你吧?
Hum. Yes, but I did though. Yes, he did, and on that score I shall be anxious to show you obedience,
不是,尽管我只说了两句。是的,他说了,就因为这个我才急于向你表示顺从,
for it is as meritorious to attempt sharing a good man's heart,
就像企图分享一个好人的善念乃值得称赞之举一样,
as it is paltry to have designs upon a rich man's money.
对一位富人的钱财动心思是可鄙的行为。
A noble nature aims its attentions full breast high, uncle; a mean mind levels its dirty assiduities at the pocket.
叔叔,高贵的秉性在于敞开心扉,卑微的心灵之所以大献殷勤,意在别人的口袋。
(Shaking him by the hand.) Jump out of every window I have in my house, hunt my deer into high fevers, my fine fellow!
(摇着的手)我家的窗户你随便挑,我花园里的鹿你随便追!
Ay, that's right. This is spunk, and plain speaking.
当然,你说的对。这是勇敢质朴的表白。
Give me a man who is always flinging his dissent to my doctrines smack in my teeth.
来找我的人总是将他的异议与我的信条相抵触。
I disagree with you there, uncle. Hum. And so do I. You! you forward puppy!
我不赞同你的说法,叔叔。我也是。你!你这个浅薄的家伙!
If you were not so old, I'd knock you down.
要不是你年纪很大了的话,我会把你臭扁一顿的。
I'll knock you down, if you do. I won't have my servants thumped into dumb flattery.
如果你敢放肆,说不定谁扁谁呢。我可没有这么愚蠢地奉承的仆人。