LESSON 32 The may queen
第三十二课 五月皇后
I thought to pass away before, and yet alive I am;
我之前以为自己已经死去了,但是现在我却依然活着;
And in the fields all round I hear the bleating of the lamb.
我身边的田野里充斥着小羊羔的叫声。
How sadly, I remember, rose the morning of the year!
我记得,那是今年多么悲伤的一个早晨!
To die before the snowdrop came—and now the violet's here.
在雪莲花开放前死去——现在紫罗兰已经盛开。
It seemed so hard at first, mother, to leave the blessed sun;
妈妈,一开始要离开这幸福的阳光看起来很难;
And now it seems as hard to stay; and yet,—His will be done!
现在看来要留下来也一样很难;但是,——终究能做到的!
But still I think it can't be long before I find release;
但我还是认为,在我找到释怀之前这不会太长久;
And that good man, the clergyman, has told me words of peace.
那个善良的牧师已经向我传达了和平的信息。
O blessings on his kindly voice, and on his silver hair!
噢!他那亲切的声音中和他的银发上满是祝福!
And blessings on his whole life long, until he meet me there!
祝福他的一生,直到他在那个地方遇见我!
O blessings on his kindly heart, and on his silver head!
哦!为他善良的心地和满头华发祝福吧!
A thousand times I blessed him as he knelt beside my bed.
他跪在我的床边,我给了他一千次祝福。