第二十九课 五月皇后
I.
第一部分
If you're waking, call me early, call me early, mother dear,
亲爱的母亲,如果你清晨醒来,早点叫我,一定早点叫我,
For I would see the sun rise upon the glad New Year:
因为我想看见喜气洋洋的新年里初升的朝阳:
It is the last New Year that I shall ever see;
那将是我看到的最后一个新年;
Then you may lay me low in the mould, and think no more of me.
然后你可以把我入殓安葬,不用再去想我。
To-night I saw the sun set; he set, and left behind
今晚我看到了日落,它凝固并留下了所有
The good old year, the dear old time, and all my peace of mind:
美好的,亲爱的旧日时光,和所有我内心的平和:
And the New Year's coming up, mother; but I shall never see
母亲啊,新年即将来临,可我却再也看不到
The blossom on the black thorn, the leaf upon the tree.
黑色荆棘花蕾的绽开,树枝发出的新叶。
Last May we made a crown of flowers;—we had a merry day!
去年的五月,我们用鲜花做了一个美丽皇冠;——我们度过了愉快的一天!
Beneath the hawthorn on the green they made me Queen of May;
茵茵草地的山楂树下,他们推选我做五月皇后;
And we danced about the May-pole, and in the hazel copse,
在淡褐色的矮树林里,我们欢声笑语,快乐地跳着五月的竹竿舞,
Till Charles's Wain came out above the tall white chimney tops.
直跳到北斗七星出来,高悬在高大的白色烟囱顶部。
There's not a flower on all the hills; the frost is on the pane;
山岗上现在看不见一朵野花;霜花凝结在窗格上;
I only wish to live till the snow-drops come again:
我只希望还能活到雪花再次飘落的时节,
I wish the snow would melt, and the sun come out on high;
我希望积雪融化,太阳高高挂在天空:
I long to see a flower so, before the day I die.
在我死去之前,多么渴望能看到鲜花绽放。
The building rook will caw from the windy, tall elm tree;
屋顶的白嘴鸦会站在风中高大的榆树上呱呱大叫;
And the tufted plover pipe along the fallow lea;
簇绒装饰的千鸟沿着休耕的草地一路尖叫;
And the swallow will come back again with summer o'er the wave;
燕子会随着夏天的波浪再次回来;
But I shall lie alone, mother, within the mouldering grave.
母亲啊,而我却孤零零地躺在腐朽的墓穴之中。
Upon the chancel casement, and upon that grave of mine,
在晨曦初露的清晨,夏日太阳耀眼的光芒照射在,
In the early, early morning, the summer sun will shine,
高高的神坛边的窗扉和我的墓穴之上,
Before the red cock crows from the farm upon the hill,
高岗上农庄的红公鸡喔喔啼鸣之前,
When you are warm asleep, mother, and all the world is still.
母亲啊,你温暖地沉沉入睡,世界一片寂静。