96.The Traffic Light Was Red then
信号灯是红色然后
Scene 1
场景1
Sam:Oh, Oh! Are you hurt?
山姆:哦,哦!你受伤了吗?
John:I don't think so. I'm just shaken up a little.
约翰:我不这么认为。我只是动摇了一点。
Sam:Maybe I'd better call an ambulance.
山姆:也许我最好叫辆救护车。
John:No, don't bother. I think I'm OK.
约翰:不,别打扰。我认为我很好。
Sam:Are you sure?
山姆:你确定吗?
John:Yes, it's OK.
约翰:是的,这是好的。
Scene 2
场景2
Policeman: OK. What's the story here?
警察:好的。发生了什么事?
John :I was just coming through the intersection when he pulled out right in front of me.
约翰:我正要穿过路口当 他拿出正好在我的前面。
Policeman:Is he right?
警察:他是正确的吗?
Mr Green:Yes, he's right. But I thought he would stop there.
格林先生:是的,他是对的。但是我想他会停止那里。
Policeman:Didn't you stop at the intersection?
警察:难道你没停在十字路口吗?
John :No. I didn't . Should I?
约翰:不。我没有。我应该吗?
Policeman:Yes, the traffic light was red then.
警察:是的,信号灯是红色然后。
John :I see. I'm very sorry.
约翰:我明白了。我很抱歉。
WORD BANK
shake v.摇动,晃动;震动
shake up使震惊;使受惊吓
ambulance n.护车
don't bother不用麻烦
intersection/mta'sekfan/ n.交叉
路口
pull out(把)(车、船等)驶出