88.I,m Sorry for Being Late
真对不起,迟到了
Scene 1
场景1
Tom :I'm sorry for being late.
汤姆:抱歉我迟到了。
Teacher:You're supposed to stand here quietly until the flag- raising ceremony is over.
老师:你应该无声地站在这里,直到旗——提高仪式结束了。
Tom :About what time can I go to my own class?
汤姆:什么时候我能去我自己的课吗?
Teacher:When everything is over .
老师:当一切结束
Tom :Now that it is all over. can I go now?
汤姆:现在,一切结束。我可以走了吗?
Teacher:Not yet. You should stand still for another few minutes. Latecomers must be recorded.
老师:还没有。你应该站着不动另一个几分钟。 后来者必须被记录下来。
Tom :That's too bad!
汤姆:那太糟了!
Scene 2
场景2
Miss Brown:Why are you so late?
布朗小姐:你为什么这么晚吗?
Tom:I've been through a lot today. I forgot to set my alarm clock last night, so I woke up late this morning. And what is worse, I missed the school bus.
汤姆:我已经经历了很多今天。我忘记设置闹钟,昨晚所以我醒来今天早上来晚了。而更糟的是,我错过了校车。
Miss Brown:That's enough. Sit down.
布朗小姐:那是足够的。坐下来。
WORD BANK
词汇回顾
suppose v.[常用被动语态]认为必须(或应该)
until prep.直到……为止
ceremony n仪式,典礼
flag-raising ceremony升旗仪式
now that既.然
still/stil/adj,静止的,不动的
record v.记录,记载
be through经历;完成