feast
n.宴会;飨宴 vt.盛宴款待 vi.享用(与介词on并用)
We have a big Thanksgiving Day feast every year.
我们每年都有盛大的感恩节大餐宴会。
The film festival should be a real feast for moviegoers.
电影节对爰看电影的人来说应该是一大飨宴。
I feasted my eyes on the beauty of the valley, feeling as if I were in heaven.
我饱览山谷之美,觉得自己彷佛置身于天堂般。
Tonight we are going to feast on turkey and mashed potatoes.
今晚我们要吃一顿火鸡还有马铃薯泥大餐。
fierce
a.激烈的
The price war sparked off fierce competition between the two companies.
价格战引发了这两家公司间的激烈竞争。
fireplace
n.壁炉
I enjoy sitting by the fireplace reading a novel.
我喜欢坐在壁炉旁边看小说。
flatter
vt.谄媚,拍……的马屁;使受宠若惊(常用被动)
Don't trust people who flatter you.
不要相信那些拍你马屁的人。
I was flattered when he said that I was handsome.
当他说我很潇洒时,我受宠若惊。
fluent
a.流利的
"I'm afraid I'll never be fluent in Chinese," said Mack.
梅克说;“恐怕我的中国话永远都说不流利。”
Jane has never been to the States, but she speaks fluent English.
阿珍从未去过美国,不过却能说一口流利的英语。
fluently
adv.流利地
Only by constant practice can you speak English fluently.=Only by constant practice can you speak English with ease.
你唯有不断苦练才能流利地说英语。
stingy
a.小器的
The stingy old man won't give any money to charity.
那个吝啬的老头一毛钱也不会捐给慈善机构。
flush
vt. vi.冲水;脸红 n.冲洗;红晕
Don't forget to flush the toilet after use.=Don't forget to give the toilet a flush after use.
使用厕所后别忘了要冲马桶。
Anna flushed when Charles touched her hand.=Anna blushed when Charles touched her hand.
查尔斯碰她的手时,安娜脸红了。
Peter felt a flush of anger when he saw the man yell at his mother.
彼得看到那名男子对他母亲大叫时感到一阵愤怒。
blush
vt. vt.使脸红
I'm quite shy, so I blush easily.
我很害羞所以我很容易脸红。
fossil
n.化石
If you are lucky, you can find some animal fossils on the beach.
你运气够好的话,在海滩上会找到一些动物化石。