It's done. Do you want to see?
完成了 你想看看吗?
It's well done.
干得好
What's the matter?
怎么了?
Maria knows about us.
玛丽亚知道我们的事
And she's going to tell Cornelis.
她会告诉科内利斯的
Cornelis.
科内利斯
Why are you awake?
你为什么醒着?
God took one child and spared my wife.
上帝带走了一个孩子 放过了我妻子
And when...
当
she was in childbed again, crying out,
她再次在产褥期 哭了出来
I couldn't put the thought away from me.
我无法摆脱一个想法
What thought?
什么想法?
God heard me, and he punishes me still.
上帝听见了 他仍然惩罚我
Because I didn't always treat her well.
因为我并不总是对她好
It was not in your hands.
并不全由你
I asked...
我祈求
that the baby should be spared and...
婴儿应该幸免
not...
却没有
If it were one or the other, that...
哪怕只有一个…
To spare the child and take the mother.
饶了孩子 拿走母亲吧
And God punished me by taking both.
上帝惩罚了我