What happened? Where is Sir Eustace?
发生什么了尤斯塔斯爵士在哪
Dead
死了
You really mustn't blame yourself, you know
你不能怪自己
No, you're quite right
是 你说得对
I'm glad you're seeing sense
很高兴你在逐渐开悟
Watson is equally culpable
华生也应该受谴责
Between us we've managed to botch this whole case
我们搞砸了整个案子
I gave an undertaking to protect that man
我做出承诺要保护那个人
now he's lying there with a dagger in his breast
结果他现在胸口插着匕首倒在那里
In fact, you gave an undertaking to investigate his murder
其实你承诺的是调查他的谋杀案
In the confident expectation, I would not have to!
满怀没这个必要的自信
Anything you can tell us, Doctor?
你能告诉我们什么吗医生
Well, he's been stabbed with considerable force
凶手刺杀他的力度可不小
It's a man then?
这么说是男性
Possibly
可能是
A very keen blade so it could conceivably have been a woman?
刀刃非常锋利也可能是女性
In theory, yes
从理论上说是的
but we know who it was I saw her
但我们知道是谁我看见她了
Watson! I saw the ghost with my own eyes!
华生 我看见鬼魂了亲眼所见
You saw nothing! You saw what you were supposed to see!
你什么也没看见 你看到了别人演的
You said yourself I have no imagination
你自己说过的我没有想象力
Then use your brain such as it is to eliminate the impossible which in this case is the ghost
那就动动脑去掉不可能的情况 在这桩案子中就是鬼魂
and observe what remains which in this case is a solution
并且观察余下的 就此而言就是答案
so blindingly obvious even Lestrade could work it out!
十分明显就连雷斯垂德也能想明白
Thank you!
谢谢