Ok, we've got the power to the laser.
搞定 激光接上电源了
I should've brought an umbrella.
我应该带把伞来的
What for? It's not gonna rain.
作甚啊 又不会下雨
I know that. But with skin as fair as mine, moon burn is real possibility.
我知道 但我如此白嫩的肌肤还是有可能被月光灼伤的
That's a "Bazinga," Right?
这是个"逗你玩儿" 对吧
One of my best, don't you think?
我的巅峰之作 你觉得呢
Howard, do you want to doublecheck the equatorial mount on the laser?
霍华德 你要不要再检查一下激光上的赤道仪装置
We need it locked onto the Sea of Tranquility. You got it.
我们得把它锁定到"宁静之海"上(月面某部名称) 没问题
Oh, Raj, no. Billions of dollars have gone into inventing the Internet and filling it with pictures of naked women,
天 拉杰 别这样 人们花了无数美元发明了英特网 并在上面发了无数艳照
so we don't have to peep through windows.
就是为了让我们不需要通过窗户来偷窥啊
It's not like that. I'm watching someone's TV. The Good Wife is on.
我才没有呢 我只不过在看别人的电视而已 正在播《傲骨贤妻》呢
I tell you, this is my new Grey's Anatomy.
告诉你 这就是我的新《实习医生格蕾》
Leonard, Leonard. What is that? What is that?
莱纳德 莱纳德 那是啥 那是啥
Relax, it's just a dirty sock.
别紧张 不就是只脏袜子嘛
How on earth can you say
你怎么可以如此淡定的把
"Dirty sock" And "Relax" In the same sentence?
"脏袜子"和"别紧张"放在同一句话里
Sheldon, the world is filled with dirty discarded socks.
谢尔顿 这个世界上到处都有被遗弃的脏袜子
Not my world.
我的世界可没有
Hey, you know who'd really dig seeing this experiment? Penny.
嘿 你们知道谁会非常想看这个实验吗 佩妮
I wasn't aware that lunar ranging was her thing.
我怎么不知道她喜欢月面搜索呢
Although, I suppose the retroreflector left on the moon by Neil Armstrong does qualify as a shiny object.
尽管我可以确定尼尔·阿姆斯特朗留在月球上的回复反射器的确符合了亮晶晶的标准
Why don't you ask her to come up?
那你怎么不叫她上来
I don't know, it's still a little weird since, you know...
不知道 自从那之后就有点怪怪的
She dumped you? She didn't dump me. We were just in different places in the relationship.
她甩了你吗 她没有甩了我 我们只不过在这段关系中处在不同方位罢了
I fail to see how a relationship can have the qualities of a geographic location.
我不明白为什么一段情缘还能有地理位置的特性
Oh, it's very simple. Leonard was living in a little town called "Please don't leave me"
唔 这很简单 莱纳德住在一个叫做"请别离开"的小镇里
while Penny had just moved to the island of "Buhbye."
而佩妮则刚搬到了一个叫"拜拜"的小岛上
Screw you guys. I'm gonna go see if she's home.
去你丫的 我去看看她在不在家
If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to point this at the moon now.
如果方便的话 我想把望远镜瞄准月球了
Wait a second. The good wife is crying. Something's very wrong.
且慢 好老婆正哭呢 出大问题了
Oh, hi. What's going on? We're up on the roof bouncing laser beams off the moon.
嘿 怎么了 我们在屋顶上尝试从月球将激光射回来呢
I'm sorry, what? It's pretty cool. We've got a twometer parabolic reflector and everything.
抱歉 什么 很酷的哦 我们准备了直径两米的反射器和其他仪器
I thought you might want to see it.
我觉得你可能会想来看看
That makes no sense. How can you bounce stuff off the moon? There's no gravity.
这完全说不通啊 你怎么可能从月球上弹射东西 那儿可没有重力
Uh, Leonard, This is Zack. Zack, Leonard. Hey.
呃 莱纳德 这是扎克 扎克 这是莱纳德 嘿
Oh, sorry, I didn't know you were busy. Maybe another time. Yeah, maybe.
抱歉 我不知道你们正忙呢 或许下次吧 嗯 或许吧
Hey, I want to see this laser thing.
嗨 我想看看这个激光
Oh, but what about the party?
但那个派对怎么办
It's a surprise party doesn't matter when we get there.
只不过是个惊喜派对而已 什么时候到完全没所谓
Right. Okay, well, yeah, come on up.
那倒是 那好吧 上来吧
So, how'd you guys meet?
你们是如何认识的呢
My company designs the menus for the Cheesecake Factory.
我的公司为芝士工厂设计菜单
Your company? Well, my dad. But me and my sister are VPs.
你的公司 事实上是我爸的 但我和我妹妹是副总
So... menus. I know it sounds easy, but there's a lot of science that goes into designing them.
呃 菜单啊 听起来貌似简单 但在设计当中是包含了不少科学知识的
Happy now? I'm moving the dirty sock.
开心了吧 我把脏袜子丢开了
Thank you. Raj, keep an eye out for the other one.
谢谢 拉杰 时刻注意另外一只
Hey, guys, this is my friend Zack. Hello. Zack. Whoa!
各位 这是我朋友扎克 你好扎克 哇哦
Is that the laser? It's bitchin'. Yes.
这就是那激光吗 太他妈帅了 没错
In 1917, when Albert Einstein established the theoretic foundation for the laser in his paper "Zur Quantentheorie der Strahlung,"
1917年 当爱因斯坦在他的文章《关于辐射的量子理论中》阐述了激光的理论基础时
His fondest hope was that the resultant device be bitchin'.
他最诚挚的希望就是最终的仪器要很他妈的帅
Well, mission accomplished.
唔 那任务达成了
Let me explain what we're doing here.
让我来解释一下我们在做什么
Um, in 1969, the astronauts on Apollo 11 positioned reflectors on the surface of the moon,
1969年,阿波罗11号上的宇航员在月面安置了数个反射器
and we're going to shoot a laser off one of them and let the light bounce back into this photomultiplier.
而我们则要发射激光到其中的一个上面并反射回来 到这个光电倍增器上
Oh! That's very cool. One question. How can you be sure it won't blow up?
哇 那很酷啊 只有一个问题 你怎么确定它不会爆炸
The laser? The moon. See, now this is a man for Penny.
激光吗 月球 看 这才是配得上佩妮的男人
That's a great question, Zack. No, it's not.
问得好 扎克 才不是呢
Sheldon! Play nice.
谢尔顿 要友好
It's not a great question. How could somebody possibly think we're going to blow up the moon?
问得不好 怎么能有人觉得我们会炸掉月球
That's a great question. Don't worry about the moon. WeWe set our laser to stun.
这才叫问得好 不用担心月球 我们把激光调弱了
Smart. Now, we'll be able to see the beam when it leaves, but it won't be strong enough when it comes back to be seen by the naked eye.
聪明 发射时我们能看到光束 但返回时的光束减弱 裸眼看不到
Naked. Right. Uh... funny.
裸 是很搞笑
Uh, that device, there, will measure the photons that return and let us see it on this computer.
那个装置能测量返回的光子 我们能在电脑上看到
Raj, get them some glasses.
拉杰 给他们眼镜
Cool, it's gonna be in 3D?
酷 还有三维效果
Preparing to fire laser at the moon.
准备向月球发射激光
Make it so. There it is. There's the spike!
开始吧 有了 看到峰值了
2.5 seconds for the light to return. That's the moon! We hit the moon!
返回时间2.5秒 是月球 我们击中月球了
That's your big experiment? All that for a line on the screen?
这就是你们的大实验 搞这么多就为了屏幕上的一条线
Yeah, but, uh, think about what this represents.
话虽如此 想想这代表着什么
The fact that we can do this is the only way of definitively proving that there are manmade objects
我们的实验是唯一能证明月球上有人造物体的实验
on the moon, put there by a member of a species that only 60 years before had just invented the airplane.
这个物体是60年前刚发明飞机的种族中一员放上去的
What species is that?
那是什么种族啊
I was wrong. Penny can do better.
我错了 佩妮能找更好的
Okay, guys, thank you, it's been fun. Yeah, thanks.
好了 谢谢各位 很有意思 谢谢
Should we invite them to the party? No, just keep walking.
能请他们参加派对吗 不行 只管走
He must be very skilled at coitus.
他肯定交媾技能很强
I'm telling you, dude, the only way to feel better about Penny going out with other guys is for you to get back on the whores.
告诉你 唯一能让你接受佩妮结交新欢的办法就是再奸再厉
Horse. What? The phrase is "Get back on the horse," not "Whores."
接 什么 那个词是"再接再厉" 不是"奸"
That's disgusting, dude.
老兄 你真恶心
No, it's not... Never mind. He is right, though.
不是 算了 不过他说得对
If you want, I can turn you on to this great new dating site I found. No, thanks.
你愿意的话 我可以给你介绍我找到的新交友网 不了 谢谢
You sure? They say they can find a match for anybody. Have they found a match for you?
你确定 上面说能给任何人牵红线 他们给你牵了吗
Tons. I've had, like, eight dates in the last month. And 12 if you count the ones who showed up and left.
多着呢 上个月就有八个呢 如果算上见我就闪的 有12个呢
I can't bring the nitrogen tank down.
我无法搬氮气罐下来
Why not? All right, let me restate that.It's very heavy, and I don't want to.
为什么 我重申一遍 它很重 我不想搬
I'll help you. Thank you.
我去搬吧 谢谢
Lift with your knees, not your back. Good night.
用膝盖 别用背 晚安
You know what would be fun? Signing Sheldon up for online dating.
知道什么才好玩吗 帮谢尔顿申请网上交友
Yeah, right. No, think about it. We make it an experiment.
算了吧 不 想一想 我们当实验做
Like when Frankenstein's monster was lonely and he found a wife.
就像寂寞的科学怪人找了个老婆
He didn't find a wife. They built him a wife out of dead body parts.
他没有找老婆 而是用死尸器官造了个老婆
Okay, we'll call that plan B.
那可以作为后备计划
Coming! Damn you, you rat bastard.
来了 你个该死的混蛋
Are you drunk? Zack was a perfectly nice guy, and then you ruined him!
你醉啦 扎克是个绝好男友 你把他毁了
How did I ruin him?
我怎么把他毁了
'Cause in the olden days, I never would've known he was so stupid.
因为以前我绝不会觉得他傻
Come on, he wasn't that stupid.
拜托 他没那么傻
Yes, he was! He thought you were gonna blow up the moon!
不 他是傻 他觉得你们会炸掉月球
Okay, yeah, he's stupid. He spent the entire night bragging about how he invented the word "Appeteasers."
对 他确实很傻 他一整晚都在吹嘘自己怎么造出"阑胃菜"这个词
How is that my fault?
这不是我的错吧
You have destroyed my ability to tolerate idiots. Now, come with me.
你毁了我容忍傻逼的能力 现在跟我走
WhWhere are we going? We're gonna have sex.
去哪 我们去做爱
Why? I mean, okay.
为啥 不过我没意见
What's going on?
怎么回事
Put on your noisecanceling headphones, 'cause it's gonna get loud.
把你的降噪耳机戴上 这边会很吵的
Oh! Not this again. In what universe is this lowpulp?
怎么又来了 这怎么可能是少果肉呢
Good morning, Penny. What, do you have eyes in the back of your head?
早啊 佩妮 你后脑勺长眼睛了吗
When one gets beaten up every other day in school, one of necessity develops a keen sense of hearing.
隔天就在学校挨揍的某人 必然会进化出更敏锐的听觉
Incidentally, one can get beaten up in school simply by referring to oneself as "One."
而且 在学校挨揍的某人 通常都把自己称为"某人"
I'm making English muffins. Would you like an English muffin?
我准备做英式松饼 你想吃吗
Oh, thanks, I'm not hungry. FYI, my noisecanceling headphones proved ineffective last night.
不了 我不饿 另外昨晚证明我的降噪耳机无效
Yeah, sorry about that. As a native Texan,I must say I've never heard the phrase "Yeehaw" used in quite that context.
不好意思 作为本土德州人 我得说"驾"这个词在交媾中很少用到
Oh, God. "Oh, God." That I've heard on multiple occasions.
天呐 天呐 这个我倒是听过很多次
In what universe is that lightly toasted? This has to be the worst day of my life.
这算哪门子"微"烤 今天真是我一生之中最扯淡的一天