Hold. What? Explain your sneeze. I'm sorry?
站住 干嘛 解释你为什么打喷嚏 什么
Do you have allergies? No.
你有过敏症吗 没有
Is there too much pepper on your salad?
你在沙拉上放太多胡椒粉了吗
I don't put pepper on salads.
我没在沙拉上加胡椒粉
I've heard enough. Sit over there.
够了 坐那边去
Oh, come on.I don't want to sit by myself.
别这样 我不想一个人坐
That's what Typhoid Mary said, and clearly, her friends buckled.
当年伤寒玛丽也这么说(美国伤寒带菌者)显然 她朋友让步了所以都病了
Guys, help me. Sheldon, come on.
伙计们 帮帮我 谢尔顿 别这样
Yeah, it's just one sneeze.
不就是一个喷嚏嘛
You're on your own. See you, buddy.
自个坐去吧 再见 兄弟
Oh, Leonard, I have something for you.
莱纳德 我有东西给你看
Per our roommate agreement, this is your 24hour notice that I will be having a nonrelated female spending two nights in our apartment.
根据室友协议 这是提前24小时通知 我有一位无血缘关系的女性要在咱家住两晚
When you say "nonrelated female," you still mean human, right?
你说的无血缘关系的女性 应该指人类吧
Of course. Pets are banned under the roommate agreement, with the exception of service animals, such as seeing-eye dogs
当然 室友协议规定不许有宠物 除了服务性动物 比如导盲犬
And, one day, cyberneticallyenhanced helper monkeys.
及将来出现的 机械装备强化的猴子帮工
Are you planning on kidnapping a woman? Sarcasm?
你打算绑架一个女人吗 讽刺吗
Yes, but mixed with genuine concern.
对 但也包含真诚的关心
For your information, I'll be playing host to Dr. Elizabeth Plimpton.
告诉你们 我将接待伊丽莎白·普林顿博士
The cosmological physicist from Princeton? Yes.
普林斯顿大学的宇宙物理学家 没错
And until you acquire a surgical mask, please address your comments to me through a napkin.
另外 你没戴口罩前 请先用餐巾捂嘴 再发表言论
We've been corresponding for years about our mutual interest in gravitational wave signatures of inflatons in the early universe.
我们通信交流了好几年 共同感兴趣的早期宇宙中膨胀子的引力波特性
And now she's under consideration for a position at our university.
她现在考虑 来我们大学工作
Why didn't you tell me you knew Elizabeth Plimpton?
你怎么没说过你认识伊丽莎白·普林顿
I am a huge fan of hers!
我可是她的铁粉
I didn't realize I was obligated to share my connection with things you're a fan of, but very well.
我不知道我有义务分享我跟你喜欢的事物的联系 好吧
You enjoy Canadian bacon. I've been to Toronto.
你喜欢吃加拿大熏肉 我去过多伦多
Okay, fine. Where is she going to sleep?
行 那她睡哪里
My room, of course. Holy crap! Holy crap!
当然睡我房间 我靠 我靠
Yeah, um, I have a twopart question. Go ahead.
我有个两部分的问题 请说
A: Are you kidding me? And B: Seriously, are you freaking kidding me?
第一 你在开玩笑吗 第二 你丫的开玩笑吧
A: I rarely kid. And B: When I do kid, you will know it by my use of the word "bazinga."
第一 我很少开玩笑 第二 我开玩笑时 你会听到 我用"逗你玩"这个词
So you're saying the two of you are going to be sleeping in the same bed?
这么说你们俩 要睡在同一张床上
Yes. Bazinga. Leonard? Thank you.
对 逗你玩 莱纳德 谢了
Why is a world renowned scientist staying in our apartment instead of a hotel?
为什么一位世界知名的科学家选择住我们家 而不住酒店
Well, she doesn't care for hotels. And who can blame her?
她不喜欢住酒店 这也不能怪她
Windows that don't open, multiuser linens,
打不开的窗户 N个人用过的床单
Keys shaped like credit cards as if one walks around with unassigned slots in one's wallet.
卡式的钥匙 好像谁的钱包都有空的卡槽似的
All right, I believe I have time for one more question. Yes, Raj?
好了 所剩时间只够回答一个问题 说吧 拉杰
When can I sit with you again?
我什么时候能坐回你们旁边
When I've seen Two consecutive negative throat cultures spaced 12 hours apart. You know the drill.
等我看到连续两次 相隔12小时咽拭子检测呈阴性 你知道怎么做
All right, if you'll excuse me, I am off to start a prophylactic course of antibiotics.
好了 诸位失陪了 我要去进行预防性抗生素治疗
I can't believe he's friends with Elizabeth Plimpton.
不敢相信 他居然是伊丽莎白·普林顿的朋友
I can't believe they let him into canada.
不敢相信 他们居然让他进加拿大
Whoa, whoa, whoa. You heard the man. Where's your throat cultures? Kidding. Sit down.
喂 你刚刚没听到吗 你的咽拭子检测结果呢 开玩笑 坐吧
Hey, Sheldon. Oh, Penny, excellent. I have a question about these maxi pads.
谢尔顿 佩妮 正好 我对加长型卫生棉有个疑问
Are the wings truly functional or have I fallen victim to marketing hype?
这个护翼真的有用吗 还是我沦为广告宣传的受害者了
What? Why are you doing with what?
什么 你干嘛买...什么
The stock boy at Walgreens was frustratingly uninformed on the subject.
沃格林的男售货员根本没给我提供什么信息
Sheldon, what are you doing with maxi pads?
谢尔顿 你买卫生棉干嘛
I have a lady friend who will be staying with me for a few days. What?
我有个女性朋友 要在我这里住几天 什么
I want her to feel at home.
我想让她宾至如归
I also bought scented soaps, pantyhose, midol, Calcium chews and what is apparently a yogurt
我还买了香皂 裤袜 痛经药 咀嚼钙 还有这种酸奶
Specifically designed to regulate the female bowel.
专门调节女性肠道的
Wait, wait, hold on, back up. You're having a woman stay with you?
等等 前面一句 有个女人要跟你住在一起
Yes. Why does that seem to flabbergast everybody?
对 怎么每个人听到都大吃一惊
Oh... no, no, no, no. I'm not flabbergasted. I'm... puzzled.
不 不是 我不是吃惊 我是...疑惑
Yeah, let's go with puzzled. A word of warning.
就是疑惑 友情提示
My guest is a noted physicist and the leading expert on quantum cosmology,
这位客人是着名物理学家 量子宇宙论的权威专家
So please try to avoid wasting her time with female jibber jabber.
请不要跟她聊女性无聊话题浪费她的时间
Female jibber jabber?
什么叫女性无聊话题
Shoe sales, hair styles, mud masks, gossip about your friends Brad and Angelina.
鞋子特价 发型 泥面膜还有你朋友布莱德和安吉丽娜的八卦
Oh, they're not my friends.
他们不是我的朋友
I'm not surprised, considering the way you talk about them behind their backs.
我知道 鉴于你在背后 说了他们那么多坏话
She's here, she's here. How do I look? Do I look smart?
她来了 她来了 我看上去怎么样 聪明吗
Oh, good grief. This isn't about you. Coming!
老天爷 这又不是你的事 来了
Now, listen. One of the great minds of the 21st century is about to play host to one of the other great minds of the 21st century.
听好 21世纪最杰出的头脑之一将以东道的身份迎接另一位杰出头脑
So pay attention. Years from now, my biographer might ask you about this event.
你要仔细看着 没准儿多年以后 我的传记作者问起你这个伟大时刻
Oh, I have so many things to tell your biographer.
我有太多话想跟你的传记作者说
Dr. Cooper, thank goodness. I completely forgot your address.
库珀博士 谢天谢地 我完全不记得你的地址
But then I remembered that I'd written it on my hand.
还好我还记得写在了手上
Lucky for me, I didn't confuse it with what I'd written on my other hand,
幸好 我没记成另外一只手
which are the coordinates for a newly discovered neutron star.
那只写的是一颗最新发现的中子星的坐标
'cause if I tried to go there, I'd be crushed by hypergravity.
因为想去那儿的话 我会被超重力压碎的
Anyway, hello. Hello. Nice to finally meet you in person.
不说这些了 你好啊 你好 很高兴能见到你的本尊哦
I would imagine it is. This is my friend and roommate, Dr. Leonard Hofstadter.
我猜也是 这位是我朋友兼室友 莱纳德·霍夫斯塔德博士
Hilo. " II started to say "hi," and then I switched to "hello" in the middle. It came out "hilo."
你嗨 我 我本来想说"你好 中途又想说"嗨" 结果就成了"你嗨"
Uh, it's nice to meet you. II've read both your books and most of your papers.
很高兴见到你 我拜读过你的书和许多论文
II'm Leonard, I live here, you're brilliant.
我叫莱纳德 就住这儿 你太有才了
I apologize. He's only an experimental physicist.
真不好意思 他只是个搞实验物理的
No need to apologize. Some of my best friends are experimental physicists.
没关系 我有几个好朋友也是搞实验的
Well, not my best friends, but I know them.
其实也不算好朋友 就是认识而已
My best friend is a molecular chemist named Wendy.
我最要好的朋友是一位名叫温迪的分子化学家
I'm sorry, I'm rambling.
真不好意思 我话太多了
Hilo. Are you hungry, thirsty? Can I offer you anything?
你嗨 你饿吗 渴吗 我来招待你吧
No, she's my guest. If anyone should offer her anything, it should be me.
不用了 她是我的客人 要招待她的话 也该由我来吧
Elizabeth, can I get you something?
伊丽莎白 我能为你效劳吗
Perhaps a feminine hygiene product or a bowelregulating yogurt?
你想要女性卫生用品还是调节肠道的酸奶
Interesting choices. Based on my current needs, I guess I'd pick the yogurt.
这俩选项都很有意思嘛 考虑到我现在的需求 还是酸奶吧
Excellent. If the yogurt works, I bought some delightful scented candles.
好极了 要是这酸奶起作用的话 我还买了些香薰蜡烛
Look, it's you. Thank you so much for opening up your home to me.
这是你耶 非常感谢你们让我住在这里
Well, who wants to stay in a hotel? Windows that don't open, those crazy cardshaped keys.
谁愿意住宾馆啊 窗户又打不开 诡异的卡片式钥匙
I'm so glad you understand.
知音啊 我太高兴了
No, he doesn't understand. I understand.
不对 他不是你的知音 我才是
Well, I understand, too. You're just misappropriating my understanding.
我也是啊 你剽窃了我的想法
I think any university would want you. Except, of course, any university that had already had you.
我觉得任何一所大学都想要你 当然 除了那些 已经接纳你的大学
Because they would've already wanted you before they, you know, got you.
因为他们在接纳你之前 已经想要你了
From the mind that brought you "hilo." Let me show you to your room.
这就是跟你说"你嗨"的那位 我带你去房间看看吧
All right. I guess I am tired. Good night, Leonard.
好啊 我也觉得我困了 晚安 莱纳德
Uh, sleep night. I mean, obviously, good night.
好安 我想说 晚安
I started to say "sleep tight," then I changed my mind in the middle.
我本来想说"好梦" 然后我又中途改了主意
I swear to god, I'm smart.
我对天发誓 我很聪明的
Get it together, man.
说都不会话了 伙计
All right, let me show you some of the features of the room.
好的 给你展示一下这个房间里的一些功能吧
First, windows. Conventional. Open, closed. Open, closed.
首先 窗户 很常见 打开 关上 打开 关上
Halfway open. Or halfway closed, depending on your philosophical bent.
开一半或者说关一半 这取决于你的哲学取向
Over here is my comic book collection. Feel free to browse.
这里是我的漫画收藏 可以随意浏览
There's a box of disposable reading gloves on the night stand.
这里有一盒阅读专用的一次性手套 就在床头柜上
Good to know. In here, you'll find emergency provisions.
很好 在这里 你可以找到应急储备
An eightday supply of food and water, a crossbow,
足够八天的食物和水 一把弩
Season 2 of Star Trek the original series on a highdensity flash drive.
一个高密度优盘里面有原版的《星际迷航》第二季
What if there's a disaster that destroys all the USB ports?
那要是所有的USB接口都在灾难中坏掉了呢
Then there's really no reason to live, is there?
那就真的没法儿活了 不是吗
Can I ask a question about your roommate?
我能问个关于你室友的问题吗
He's an odd duck, isn't he?
他是个蠢货 对吧
What's his relationship status?
他的情感生活是个什么状态
Well, there was a misbegotten adventure with a waitress who lives across the hall.
他跟住在走廊对面的那个女服务员有过一段奸情
It ended as inexplicably as it began.
莫名其妙开始 又莫名其妙结束
They had very little in common, except for carnal activity.
他俩没有什么共同点 除了床笫之欢
That's why I acquired these noisecanceling headphones.
这就是为什么我准备了这副隔音耳麦
If you decide to use them, please clean the ear pieces afterwards with the wet wipes you'll find in the bathroom.
如果你打算用它的话 请记得戴完之后用湿巾把耳罩擦干净 湿巾就在卫生间里
They're in the drawer labeled "wet wipes." Okay.
有个贴着"湿巾"标签的抽屉 行
Good. I'll leave you to your nighttime ablutions.
很好 那就不打扰你晚上梳洗时间了
I've emailed you the morning bathroom schedule.
早上卫生间的使用时间表已经发你邮箱
You'll also find a laminated copy in your welcome packet.
欢迎礼包里还有一份塑封过的版本
It's on the back of the emergency escape route diagram.
就印在紧急逃生线路图的背面
How thoughtful. Sleep well, my friend. You, too.
真体贴 睡个好觉 朋友 你也是
Oh, let me just get one thing. It's my backup emergency supply kit.
让我再拿一样东西 这是我的备用应急储备包
The living room escape route doesn't pass through here.
客厅的紧急逃生路线不经过这边
Now, good night. And if there's an apocalypse, good luck.
晚安 如果世界末日降临的话 祝你好运