This is my office?
这是我的办公室吗
Yes.
是的
You have a $10,000 stipend to decorate,
你有一万美金的装修预算
and there is an art loan program for equity partners.
权益合伙人还享有艺术藏品借贷
Here are your keys.
这是你的钥匙
And welcome.
欢迎
Thank you.
谢谢
Uh, we'll have this, uh, cleared out soon,
我们会尽快把这里清空
but, uh...
但是...
this should be good in the meantime.
在此期间,这样应该也行
You are highly valued here, Cary.
凯里,你在这里表现很好
Good to hear.
很高兴听到这评价
Please keep this between us, but there is a good chance
这事不要跟别人说,但是很有可能
we will lose a partner in the next six months.
我们六个月内会失去一个合伙人
Which partner?
谁
Well, I can't say, unfortunately, but...
抱歉,不能透露,但是
I would like to see you join our ranks.
我很想看到你加入到我们的队伍中
Before she became a partner,
在艾丽西娅成为合伙人之前
Alicia made herself valuable by interviewing
她成功面试并聘用了
and hiring a new associate.
一名新同事
We would like you to do the same.
我们希望你也能做到
These are resumes.
这些是简历
Please look them over and just keep us posted.
请你看一遍,并随时告诉我们结果
I need to hire you.
我要雇用你
Okay.
好吧
What are you working on at the moment?
你现在在忙什么
Employee background checks.
员工背景调查
Pass that off to the new investigator.
交给新来的调查员
I need you to do a background check on a partner.
我需要你对一名合伙人做背景调查
Who?
谁
Me.
我
Give me a minute, please.
请稍等一会
No calls.
别转电话进来
Peter Florrick has offered me
彼得·福瑞克如果赢得竞选
the vacated Illinois Supreme Court seat
他会让我接任
if he wins the governorship.
州最高法院法官一职
I know there are always attempts
我知道总会有人想要
to smear a potential judge,
丑化潜在法官
so I want to know where I'm vulnerable.
所以我想知道我的弱点在哪里
Congratulations.
恭喜
Thank you.
谢谢
Hi. Where are you, and what are you on?
你在哪,在忙什么
What am I on?
我在忙什么
What case?
哪个案子
Oh, uh, Sweeney. Why?
斯威尼的,怎么了
Okay, I need you take over my employee background checks.
好,我需要你接手员工背景调查
I'm innocent.
我是无辜的
Yes, you've said.
是的,你说过了
But you don't believe me.
但是你不相信我
I think you like that I don't believe you.
我觉得你喜欢我不相信你
I think you like that I represent you
我觉得你喜欢我代理你
even when I know you're guilty.
即使我知道你有罪
I like a lot of things about you, Mrs. Florrick.
福瑞克夫人,我喜欢你很多地方
I must have had issues as a child.
小时候我一定是有问题
You feed my Mary Poppins obsession.
你满足了我对玛丽·波平斯的痴迷,童话故事人物
Here's the thing, Mr. Sweeney.
是这样的,斯威尼先生
I think you threw a birthday party that got out of hand
我觉得你办了一场失控的生日派对
and ended up costing the Hirschorn Club $80,000 in damage.
结果造成赫斯科恩俱乐部八万的损失
That's all. I think that the prosecution is overreacting.
就这样,我觉得公诉方反应过度了
And I hate to disappoint you,
我也不想让你失望
but I think you're innocent.
但是我的确认为你是无辜的
You're right, it's not as much fun when you believe me.
你说得对,你相信我反而没乐趣了
I thought so.
我也这么觉得
Ah, Isobel.
伊索贝尔
You know Alicia.
你见过艾丽西娅吧
Yes, I do.
是的
She questioned me in court a year ago.
一年前,她在法庭上讯问过我
Oh, yes-- when we were all on opposite sides.
对,当时我们还是互相敌对呢
My, how the wheel turns.
我的天,风水轮流转啊
"Mutability is our tragedy, but it's also our hope""
"易变是不幸但也是希望"
Oh, I love it when he talks like that.
我超爱他说出这句话的样子
Alicia. Hello.
艾丽西娅,你好
Laura, hi. Good to see you.
劳拉,很高兴见到你
Uh, first-name basis?
互称名字
Should I be jealous?
我该嫉妒吗
What, that I like her more than I like you?
嫉妒我喜欢她过多喜欢你吗
Sure.
当然
Prosecution has been dragging its feet on discovery!
控方在拖延开示证据的时间
...all evidence currently. The State needs more time,
现有的证据,州检办需要更多时间
Your Honor. It has been six months
法官阁下,已经六个月了
since Mr. Sweeney has been accused of disorderly conduct,
自从斯威尼先生被控扰乱社会治安
Your Honor-- a Class C misdemeanor.
法官阁下,这只是一项C等轻罪
No, he fired a gun at this party!
不是,他在派对上开枪了
And given the fact that it was a private club that served alcohol,
鉴于那是一个提供酒精饮料的私人俱乐部
that's a Class 4 felony.
这可是4级重罪
Okay, I get it.
好了,我知道了
I get it. We're both angry.
我知道了,大家都很生气
And we like to express our anger in loud voices.
所以我们喜欢提高音量来表达愤怒
But, see, here's the thing:
但是,瞧,现在是这样的情况
I'm a judge.
我是法官
I'm unfazed by loud voices.
我不反对高声称述
So here's the long and the short of it.
那我来说事情的重点
You plead this out!
你们谈认罪减刑协议吧
Get it out of my court!
不要拿到我法庭上来吵
This was a party that got out of hand, Madam ASA.
那是一场失控的派对,州检察官女士
No one died, and as far as I can tell,
据我所知,没人死了
no one even got hurt! No one did.
甚至没人受伤,的确如此
Oh, Mr. Sweeney, please know that
斯威尼先生,请你记住
you can only hurt your cause by opening your friggin' mouth.
你开口只会对自己不利
Okay, you two, come on, get up here.
好了,你们俩,过来,上前来
Court-mandated bargaining. Come on.
法庭强制交涉,过来
We want to plead this out, Your Honor,
法官阁下,我们也想接受认罪协议
but Ms. Hellinger... Shut up.
但是海灵格小姐,闭嘴
Nobody talks until I ask.
我让你们说话你们再说
Now, what will you take, Counselor?
律师,你的条件是什么
Exoneration-- my client didn't do it.
免罪,我的委托人是清白的
Your client is a psychopath who's lucky
你的委托人是个神经病
he didn't get convicted for killing his wife.
没因为杀死他老婆而定罪算他走运
And what will you take?
你的条件是什么
Six years, the maximum.
六年,最高刑
One year, two years probation.
一年,缓刑两年
No, Your Honor. Two years probation.
不行,法官阁下,两年缓刑可以
Good. Compromise.
很好,和解
See? There we go.
看见没,多好
No. Six years, the maximum.
不行,六年,最高刑
We're not bending.
我们不会让步
It's been six months, and they're still not bargaining?
已经六个月了,还是不肯协议解决吗
They still insist it's a Class 4.
还是坚持是四级重罪
It's about the election.
事关选举
State's Attorney doesn't want to bargain
州检察官不想和
with Mr. Sweeney and look weak on crime.
斯威尼先生和解,在罪案上显弱
Really?
真的吗
Your husband doesn't like me?
你老公不喜欢我
Wait out the prosecution.
拖着控方
In one month, the gubernatorial race will be over,
一个月内,州长竞选就会结束
and I bet they let Mr. Sweeney go
我打赌到时他们就会同意
with two months' probation.
给斯威尼先生缓刑两个月
Good. We delay.
好,那我们就拖着
That's always best.
拖延永远是最好的战术
Well, then let's turn to
那我们来谈谈
your business holdings, Mr. Sweeney.
你持有的商业股份,斯威尼先生
Alicia, Cary, thank you.
艾丽西娅,凯里,谢谢你们
Oh. Ms. Swift, hello.
斯威夫特小姐,你好
I'm supposed to be in the ladies' room.
我本来该在洗手间的
Just down the hall.
就在大厅那边
Colin fires lawyers once a week.
科林每周都会换一次律师
But he's kept you on.
但他却一直在用你
You're probably the most successful relationship in his life.
你可能是他这辈子维持最久的一段关系了
I wouldn't call it a relationship.
我不认为我们之间称得上关系
He talks about you.
他总提起你
Don't you want to know how he talks about you?
你不想知道他是怎么评价你的吗
No, actually, I don't.
实际上,不,我不想知道
Not sexually. Well...
不是和性有关的
not all the time sexually.
不总是和性有关
You are pristine to him.
他觉得你很质朴
He asked me if I found you desirable,
他问我是否觉得你很性感
but I find everyone desirable.
但我觉得所有人都很性感
He asked me to marry him.
他向我求婚了
I'm not sure I will.
我不确定要不要答应
Oh, I like him enough.
我很喜欢他
He's rich.
他很有钱
But the question is,
但问题是
if I marry him, will he kill me?
如果我嫁给他,他会杀了我吗
As his lawyer, I can't
作为他的律师,我不能
speak to the rumors that he killed his first wife.
就他杀死他前妻的传闻发表意见
But I do know the supposed reason for the killing
但我确实知道那起谋杀假定的动机
was his wife's money.
是他前妻的财产
And... you have no money, to speak of.
而值得一提的是,你没有财产
So... there would be no reason to kill you.
所以他没有理由要杀你
Your hair would look prettier shorter.
你的头发剪短些会更好看
Your first interview is here.
第一个来面试的人到了
You want a rundown?
需要给你介绍下情况吗
Yeah.
好的
Have a seat on my lovely couch.
请坐在我可爱的沙发上吧
Gregory Steck--
他叫格雷戈里·斯特克
he graduated from Harvard Law School in 2006.
06年毕业于哈佛法学院
You can just say Harvard.
你说哈佛就可以了
Graduated from Harvard in 2006.
06年毕业于哈佛
Currently clerks for Judge Wallace.
现任华莱士法官的书记员
Illinois Supreme Court Justice Wallace?
伊州最高法院法官华莱士吗
Yes, Illinois Supreme Court justice.
是的,伊州最高法院法官
Uh, his Facebook page was scrubbed clean.
他的Facebook页面很干净
Nothing too dramatic.
没有过于夸张的言论
Okay. And here he is.
好的,他来了
He's expecting $150,000 a year.
他的期望年薪是15万美元
Other firms are pursuing.
有其他律所想雇他
No, no, no. Stay.
别走别走,留下
M-Me stay?
让我留下吗
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Look better with two.
是的是的,两个人面试更有排场
Should I say something?
我该说些什么吗
No. Don't smile. Look severe.
不用,别笑,表情严肃些
Greg, how are you? Cary Agos.
格雷戈,你好吗,我是凯里·艾格斯
Cary, good to meet you.
凯里,很高兴认识你
Thanks for your interest.
感谢你给我面试机会
And this is Robyn Burdine, one of our top lawyers.
这是罗宾·伯丁,我们的顶级律师之一
I built my own canoe.
我造了自己的小船
You built your own canoe?
你造了自己的小船
Is that a metaphor?
这是什么比喻的说法吗
No, no. When I was home over Christmas,
不,不是,我回家过圣诞时
I actually built one.
真的自己动手造了条船
And I realized I like to get my fingernails dirty.
然后我意识到,我喜欢把指甲弄脏
You know, like last night,
就像昨晚
I was writing Wallace's majority opinion on Miles,
我在为华莱士写迈尔斯案的主要意见书
and I thought, what am I doing?
然后我想,我在干什么
You know, if I die today,
如果我今天死了
no one will know I did anything.
没人会知道我做过什么
You clerk for a Supreme Court justice long enough,
为最高法院法官做书记员一段时间以后
you want to see the law in action.
就会想亲自实践法律知识
Well, Robyn can tell you--
罗宾可以告诉你
most associates never see
大部分初级律师
the inside of a courtroom for a few years.
很多年都没机会上法庭的
Oh, well, that won't bother me.
那我倒不介意
I've been Wallace's go-to on draft opinions long enough.
我为华莱士起草意见书够久了
I've done his last four.
他最近的四份意见书都是我写的
I need new fields, new streams.
我需要新的领域,新的潮流
Do I know you from Harvard or someplace?
我是不是在哈佛或是哪里见过你
No. Robyn's from Georgetown.
不,罗宾毕业于乔治城大学
Oh, Georgetown. Really? How'd you like it?
乔治城大学,是吗,那里怎么样
Humid.
气候挺湿润的
So, what'd you think?
你觉得怎么样
He is a braggart.
他很爱自吹自擂
Is that a bad thing?
那样不好吗
I don't know, do you want a braggart?
不知道,你想招个爱自吹自擂的人吗
If he's got something to brag about, sure.
如果他有可吹嘘的资本,那何尝不可
Well, people who have something to brag about usually don't brag.
真正有资本的人一般都不会自吹自擂
Hello.
你好
I'm awake. The interview today with Steck--
我醒着呢,今天面试斯特克时
what did he say about an opinion he was working on?
关于他在起草的意见书,他是怎么说的
"I was writing Wallace's majority opinion on Miles..."
我在为华莱士写迈尔斯案的主要意见书
He said "Miles," didn't he?
他说的是"迈尔斯案"对吧
Yeah. Why?
是啊,怎么了
I think I know why
我想我知道为什么
they won't plead on Sweeney.
他们不给斯威尼认罪协议了
And it has nothing to do with the election.
和竞选一点关系都没有
Hey. Hello.
你好,你好
Sorry. I'm Cary Agos
抱歉打扰,我是凯里·艾格斯
from your mom's work, and I just...
你妈妈的同事,我...
Cary Argus is here.
凯里·阿哥斯找你
He's from your work.
是你的同事
Who?
谁
The People v. Miles decision
人民诉迈尔斯案的结论
will affect Sweeney's sentencing.
会影响对斯威尼的判刑
That's why the State's Attorney's office won't bargain--
所以州检办才不愿意和解
it's a delaying tactic.
这是拖延战术
How do you know? An interview today.
你怎么知道的,今天的一个面试中
Someone who clerks for Wallace, the conservative justice;
保守派法官华莱士的书记员
he finished writing the majority opinion.
说他已经写完了主要意见书
That would make the gun-firing his third strike.
这样一来本次开枪事件就是他第三次犯罪
Yeah. Sweeney's already been convicted
是的,斯威尼已经犯下
of two other major felonies.
其他两起重罪
Double enhancement means
双倍加重意味着
not only would Sweeney's firing of the gun
斯威尼这次开枪事件不仅会
be bumped up to a felony,
因前两次罪行而被升级为重罪
but it would count as his third strike.
而且还会因为第三次犯罪被判为惯犯
He would get life in prison.
他会被判终身监禁
That's right. No judicial discretion--
没错,司法自由裁量权不适用
Sweeney loses the case,
斯威尼会输掉官司
he goes to prison for life.
被判终身监禁
Oh, my God.
天哪
From a possible misdemeanor to life in prison.
从可能的轻罪一下子升级成了终身监禁
Another thing.
另外
You were at Sweeney's arraignment,
对斯威尼传讯时你在场
weren't you? Yes.
对吧,对
And you automatically asked for a speedy trial, right?
你一定提出快速审理的要求了吧
Yes, by rote.
是的,被告律师都会申请
Uh... are we past 160 days?
160天已经过了吗
No.
没有
Tomorrow.
明天才到
We're not ready to go to trial.
我们还没准备好进入庭审
I know.
我知道
But the prosecution isn't either.
但控方也没准备好
They were thinking of slow-playing this
他们想一直拖下去
until the Supreme Court opinion came down.
直到最高法院的意见书出来
So we would have to rush this. Yeah.
所以我们得赶快,没错
You have to conduct a defense
你得引导辩护
and get it to deliberations
让案子在最高法院意见书
before the Supreme Court opinion comes down.
出来之前进入审议
Or Sweeney faces life in prison.
否则斯威尼就面临终身牢狱之灾了
That's right.
一点没错
We have to run the fastest trial in history.
我们得进行史上最快的庭审
Excuse me?
你说什么
We want to exercise Mr. Sweeney's right to a speedy trial.
我们要行使斯威尼先生的快速审理权
Your Honor, I... we're not ready.
法官阁下,我...我们还没准备好
You want a speedy trial now?
你现在就要开始快速审理吗
Well, we wanted a speedy trial 159 days ago
我们159天前就想进行快速审理
at Mr. Sweeney's arraignment when we requested it,
斯威尼先生被传讯时,我们就提出了
as you can see here from the arraignment transcript.
您可以在传讯记录上看到
Your Honor, this is...
法官阁下,这是...
every defense attorney insists on that by rote.
每个辩护律师都会那么要求
Yes, but we meant it. And we still do.
对,但我们真的想要,现在依然想
Are you ready to go to trial, Mrs. Florrick?
你们准备好进入庭审了吗,福瑞克夫人
We are, Your Honor.
准备好了,法官阁下
ASA Hellinger?
海灵格助理检察官呢
We're absolutely not.
完全没有
That really doesn't matter,
那并不重要
Your Honor, given that the speedy trial statute
法官阁下,根据快速审理条款要求
imposes a 160-day time limit.
提出指控后160天内必须开始庭审
The prosecution must go to trial today
控方必须今天进行庭审
or release our client.
否则就该放了我的当事人
Quiet down.
安静
We have an unusual situation here.
我们遇到了不寻常的情况
We have court in two and a half hours,
两个半小时后我们有一场庭审
and we were preparing for court in four months.
一场我们以为四个月后才会进行的庭审
So we'll need all hands on deck.
所以我们需要全部人手支持
Do we have a ballistics expert?
我们找到弹道专家了吗
Not yet. We were planning
还没,我们本来想
to find out who the prosecution hired.
先查查公诉方请了谁
Who do we know is free? Who's the best?
我们认识的谁有空,谁最好
Well, Kurt McVeigh is the best.
库尔特·麦克维最好
I think he's working on a case.
他可能在忙案子
Maybe someone could call him and see
也许有人能打个电话问问他
if he'd make himself available.
能不能抽空帮忙
Am I missing something here?
我是不是错过了什么好戏
No. I'll try him.
没有,我试试
Good. Cary, Robyn,
很好,凯里,罗宾
see if you can get more information
试试能不能打探出
on when the opinion will be published. We'll try.
意见书发布的时间,我们尽力
And I want one of the partners on this.
我想要一个合伙人参与案子
Alicia is a partner.
艾丽西娅是合伙人
No, one of the name partners.
不,我要一个冠名合伙人
My apologies, Mrs. Florrick,
抱歉,福瑞克夫人
but I want the biggest guns.
但我想要最厉害的人出手
Ah, good. Will is free.
好的,威尔有空
You take the Sweeney case. I can't.
你接手斯威尼的案子吧,我不能接
Why not?
为什么
You're the litigator.
你是诉讼律师啊
I'm... involved.
我...有利害关系
With whom? Judge Politi?
跟谁,波利迪法官吗
The ASA, Laura Hellinger.
助理检察官,劳拉·海灵格
You're kidding? You're dating her?
开玩笑吧,你在和她交往吗
I... for a week.
我...交往一周了
Diane?
戴安
Uh, I have something for you.
我有事跟你说
Oh, uh, one second.
稍等
Just get a sign-off from Sweeney,
那就让斯威尼同意你参与
and we're protected on malpractice.
那样我们就不会被控渎职了
Maybe it's good.
也许这是好事呢
Hi. Mr. Sweeney, could I speak to you for a minute?
斯威尼先生,我能跟你说句话吗
Out here.
出来说
Certainly.
当然
Are we confessing?
我们得认罪了吗
No, no.
不,不是
You've asked for a partner to second chair your case.
你要求冠名合伙人联合代理你的案子
I feel obligated to warn you that
我觉得有责任告诉你
I'm in a relationship with the prosecutor in your case.
我和你案子的公诉人有个人关系
A sexual relationship?
性关系吗
I'd rather not go into detail.
细节我不想多说
Yes, I know. You'd rather not.
明白,你不想多说
But I'm your client,
但我是你的客户
and I bring 22 million a year into your firm.
每年给你的律所带来2千2百万收入
And before I sign off, I want to know.
在我同意之前,我得了解
Is it a sexual relatiohihip?
是性关系吗
Not currently.
目前没有
But you intend it to be?
但你想有
Mr. Sweeney, it is your prerogative
斯威尼先生,你有权力
to insist on another lawyer. I...
要求换律师,我...
That's why I love this place.
所以我才爱这个地方啊
Everybody sleeps with everybody else.
所有人都能搅到一张床上
Come on. Yes, I sign off.
拜托,我同意
As long as I get details.
只要我能了解细节
All right, so we invite him back.
好吧,我们请他回来
For a callback interview?
要再面试一次吗
Yeah, and to fish around for the release date of the opinion.
对,然后打探一下意见书发布日期
He's a braggart.
他那么爱吹嘘
Maybe he'll brag about when it's being published.
没准他会吹嘘一下意见书公布时间
Um, so, you... you found something?
你...发现什么了吗
Yeah.
对
Look, I'll only tell you as much as you want to know,
我只会告诉你你想知道的
so, at any moment, you can say, "Stop."
所以你可以在任何时候喊停
"Elena knew it was wrong to want Damon.
"埃琳娜知道喜欢戴蒙是不对的
"She was about to marry Stefan, after all.
"毕竟她要和斯特凡结婚了
"Yet when Damon drew her close,
"但当戴蒙将她拉近时
"Elena found herself unable to resist his vampire charms.
"埃琳娜无法抵挡他的吸血鬼魅力
"When Damon's fangs dug into her neck,
"当戴蒙的尖牙刺入她的脖子
"Her whole body pulsed with desire.
"她整个身体都充满了欲望
"She needed him.
"她需要他
"She needed him bad."
"她非常需要他"
I... Huh?
我...这是什么
It's fan fiction for the TV show Vampire Diaries.
这是电视剧《吸血鬼日记》的同人文
So? I...
所以呢,我...
You wrote it.
是你写的
You... I wrote what? That?
你,我写了什么,那段话
Yeah.
对
Kalinda, I've never even heard of the TV show Vampire Diaries.
凯琳达,我都没听说过《吸血鬼日记》
And if I had, I wouldn't feel compelled to write something like...
即使知道,我也写不出那样的话
Does it go on like that? It does.
下面还有吗,是的
Elena and Damon have sex in the end in a pickup truck.
埃琳娜和戴蒙在一辆皮卡后座做爱了
I'm happy for them.
我为他们高兴
It came from your IP address,
文章是从你的IP地址发出的
and your e-mail account.
还用了你的邮箱账号
Kalinda, I... I don't know what to say.
凯琳达,我...不知道该说什么
Who else has access to your computer?
有别人能碰你的电脑吗
No one. No...
没有,没...
Oh.
我知道了
Who?
谁
My housekeeper.
我的管家
Okay. What's her name?
好吧,她叫什么
I'll talk to her.
我会跟她谈的
Diane, I don't think you understand.
戴安,我想你没明白
You have to fire her, and I do need her name.
你必须辞了她,我真的需要她的名字
No. She is a nice lady with three kids.
不行,她人很好,还有三个孩子
I mean, she just, obviously,
我是说,很明显
doesn't have any sense of boundaries.
她没有界限的概念
No. You need to create
不行,你需要制造
a paper trail to separate yourself from her.
和她划清界限的书面记录
You're wanting to become
你想要成为
an Illinois Supreme Court justice, Diane.
伊利诺伊州最高法院法官,戴安
If your name becomes associated with vampire fan fiction,
如果你的名字和吸血鬼同人小说扯上关系
the ridicule factor's going to be hard to beat.
笑柄效应是很棘手的
You need to fire her.
你必须辞了她
You shot that, Mr. Catalini?
这是你拍的吗,卡特里尼先生
Uh, it's Catalani.
是卡特拉尼
Yeah, the video?
这个视频吗
Yeah, I shot that on my cell phone.
是的,是我用手机拍的
I thought the party was getting out of hand.
我觉得那个聚会有点失控了
And you... I...
那么你,我
Just to be clear, you're wearing those gym clothes
确认一下,你穿着健身服是因为
because you came straight from the gym?
你是直接从健身房过来的对吧
Yeah, I got your call,
是的,我接到你的电话时
and, um, I was on the treadmill.
正在跑步机上
I was watching the news, uh, you know,
我一边跑步一边看新闻
up there above the treadmill, and, um, and I got your call...
然后我接到你的电话
Okay, I think we've established the reason
好吧,我想我们已经可以理解
for the witness's clothes.
证人为什么这么穿着了
Can we move on?
可以继续吗
Yes. Okay, so...
可以,那么
Str... uh... strike that, and, uh...
收...收回这句
Sorry, Your Honor.
对不起,法官大人
I usually have more time to prepare.
通常我都有更多时间准备
I sympathize.
我表示同情
We're all actors without a script.
我们都是没有剧本的演员
So, Mr. Catalini-Catalani,
那么,卡特里尼先生,卡特拉尼
uh, you saw Mr. Sweeney, the defendant over there,
你看见斯威尼先生,那位被告
with a gun-- this gun...
拿着枪,这把枪
right?
是吗
Yeah, that's it. It's supposed to be Capone's gun,
是的,就是这把,是着名的卡蓬的枪
and Sweeney wanted to play William Tell.
斯威尼拿来扮演威廉·泰尔
He was talking about how some author
他说某个作家对自己的老婆
did the same thing with his wife.
也做了同样的事
William Burroughs. Shut up.
是威廉·伯罗斯,闭嘴
Ah, thank you, Mr. Sweeney.
谢谢,斯威尼先生
Mr. Sweeney wanted to use this gun
斯威尼先生是想用这把枪
to shoot an apple off his girlfriend's head?
把苹果从他女朋友头上射下来吗
Someone's head, yeah. Nothing further.
是从某个人的头上,没别的问题了
Do you hold a grudge, Mr. Catalani?
你还怀恨在心吗,卡特拉尼先生
No. Did Mr. Sweeney fire you?
不,斯威尼先生开除了你吗
No. Um, there was a general downsizing,
不是,公司的确曾精简人员
but, no, I wasn't fired.
但我不是被开除的
Was the... the downsizing at the behest of Mr. Sweeney?
精简人员是斯威尼提出的要求吗
Yeah, I guess.
我猜是的
Nothing further, Your Honor.
没别的问题了,法官大人
We're ready for the next witness.
我们准备好询问下一位证人了
Oh, unfortunately, we're not.
很遗憾,我们没准备好
Our ballistics expert is stuck in Salt Lake City...
我们的弹道专家在盐湖城被耽搁了
Your Honor, the defense is ready.
法官大人,被告方准备好了
We can't help Ms. Hellinger's problems.
海灵格小姐的难处我们帮不了
Yes, well, you can present him as a rebuttal witness
好吧,他来了你可以把他作为反驳证人
when he arrives, Ms. Hellinger.
海灵格小姐
Please proceed.
请继续
As you can see, the bullet entered the body,
你们可以看到,子弹进入身体
and left what we call a tail splash.
会留下我们称为尾迹喷溅的痕迹
Now, this is basically the hurling
基本上就是受伤的组织
of injured tissue behind.
留下的痕迹
The bullet moves through the body and creates a...
子弹穿过身体,制造出
The bullet...
子弹
the bullet moving through the body...
子弹穿过身体
You can see here the bullet as it...
你们可以看到,子弹在
As... I'm sorry.
在,对不起
Uh, what was the question again?
问题能再问一遍吗
Thank you.
谢谢
You were wonderful.
你讲得真精彩
I was not wonderful. I was... distracted.
才不是,我分心了
You were wonderfully distracted.
你被很精彩地分心了
Sorry about Mr. Romney.
罗姆尼先生的事我很抱歉
I almost called you on election night.
我差点儿在选举夜给你打电话
To gloat? No, to sympathize.
幸灾乐祸,不,是同情一下
I know how it feels.
我知道那种感受
Kerry in 2004.
2004年的凯里
Are we really comparing Kerry to Romney?
我们真的要把凯里与罗姆尼作比较吗
I need your help.
我需要你的帮助
With? A case.
帮什么,一个案子
An innocent man.
一个无辜的人
Who?
谁
Just give this a chance.
给他一个机会
Colin Sweeney.
科林·斯威尼
Kurt, just look at this.
科特,就帮忙看看
Even guilty people can be innocent sometimes.
有时候罪犯也有可能是无辜的
Just do it for me, please?
就算是为了我,求你了
Alicia.
艾丽西娅
Laura, I'm sorry about how crazy the trial got.
劳拉,抱歉庭审进行得那么疯狂
We just had... Can I ask you...
我们刚刚,我可以问问你
do you have a relationship with Will?
你跟威尔有关系吗
What?
什么
Are you two romantically involved?
你们两个有恋爱关系吗
No.
没有
We're not involved.
我们没在恋爱
We were,
曾经有
once, but it was a long time ago.
就一次,那是很久以前的事了
It's not still going on?
现在没有继续了吗
No, it's over, I swear.
没,已经结束了,我发誓
Laura, you're my friend.
劳拉,你是我的朋友
So is Will, and I think it's great that you two are...
威尔也是,我觉得你们两个在一起很好
whatever you are.
不管你们发展到什么地步了
Okay.
好吧
We're late.
我们要迟到了
So, your testimony,
那么按照你的证词
Ms. Swift, is that Mr. Sweeney
斯威夫特小姐,是不是说斯威尼先生
could not have been firing this gun,
不可能开过这把枪
because at that point, he was with you?
因为那个时候他和你在一起
Yes, in the Rose Salon. And that's here?
是的,在玫瑰沙龙,是这里吗
Uh, sorry, Your Honor.
对不起,法官大人
We didn't have time to put it on a slide.
我们没时间放到幻灯片上去
That's all right. Just plop it up here on the bench.
没关系,就放在这里吧
Yeah, that's the Rose Salon right there off the main lounge.
玫瑰沙龙在这儿,在中庭大厅旁边
Mm-hmm, and what were you doing there?
你当时在干什么
Anal.
肛交
Well, I think that's clear.
我觉得她说得很清楚了
No further questions.
没别的问题了
So you were having...
你是说开枪的时候
you... anal intercourse
你和斯威尼先生
with Mr. Sweeney at the time of the gunshot?
在进行肛交
Yes, that is correct, ma'am.
是的,没错,夫人
And you're Mr. Sweeney's live-in girlfriend,
你是斯威尼先生的同居女友
is that right, Ms. Swift?
对吗,斯威夫特小姐
Yes, I am.
是的
So, why shouldn't this court dismiss your testimony
那么为什么法庭不能以有偏见为由
as biased?
驳回你的证词呢
Because I'm not.
因为我没有偏见
But don't you intend to marry him?
但你不是打算要嫁给他吗
I'm not so sure about that.
我不太确定
I have my concerns.
我有些担心
Oh, really?
真的吗
What might those be?
担心什么
Well, he killed his first wife.
他杀死了他的第一任妻子
Ms. Hellinger, any more questions?
海灵格小姐,还有什么问题吗
I guess not.
我想没有了
I think your girlfriend's gonna need some makeup sex
看来你得和她好好云雨一番赔不是咯
I won't say I was surprised to get the call, it's just...
我不想说接到电话很吃惊,只是...
Well, it's good to be asked back.
被再次叫来面试是件好事
Oh, I felt like we just
我觉得我们还没能
scratched the surface of Greg Steck.
对你有深入的了解
Ro... Robyn and I-- we-we looked at each other
面试后,罗宾和我
after our interview, and... and we realized
我们相互交流后发现
we hadn't asked you anything
我们还没有问
about your duties at the Supreme Court.
你在最高法院的职责是什么
Oh, well, you have another three hours?
你们还有多余的三个小时吗
We might.
可能有
So you've been writing up
所有华莱士的意见书
all of Wallace's opinions?
都是由你写的吗
Oh, pretty much. I mean, you know how it is.
大部分都是,你也知道是怎样的
Judges do none of the work, get all the glory.
法官什么都不干,荣誉却都是他们拿
And the, uh...
还有
the-the...
那个
the Miles opinion--
迈尔斯案的意见书
did the justice give you notes on that?
法官有给你相关的笔记吗
No, no.
没有
He's been taking it out on his, uh...
这个由他...
I'm sorry.
不好意思
This might be my mom; she's in the hospital.
可能是我妈,她在医院
Sorry, Cary,
对不起,凯里
Robyn.
罗宾
That was Hockney & Barnes.
是霍克尼&巴恩斯律所
They just hired me.
他们决定聘用我了
Wait. What?
等下,什么
Yeah, I told them to get back to me by 3:00 p.m.
我让他们在下午三点之前给我消息
That was them. Thanks for your interest.
刚才就是他们,谢谢你们的诚意
Wait. We may want to hire you.
等下,我们可能想要聘用你
Okay.
好吧
Uh, I'll check with my friends in Springfield,
我问下我在斯普林菲尔德的朋友
see if they know anything about Miles.
看他们是否有迈尔斯案的消息
No, I'll go after him.
不,我去找他
It won't make a difference. He got a job.
那没用的,他已经找到工作了
I won't go after him about a job.
我不会用工作吸引他的
Okay, this is the prosecution's ballistics re-creation.
这是公诉方的弹道再现图
That's the spot where they recovered the bullet.
这是他们发现子弹的地方
And here, their experts say that
在这里,他们的专家说
they can prove that the bullet was fired
他们可以证明子弹是从
from the doorway to this room.
通往这个房间的门道射出的
The Rose Salon.
玫瑰沙龙
That's where we proved Sweeney was having sex. Damn it.
这是我们证明斯威尼做爱的地方,该死
So, we rebut the expert.
那我们要反驳专家的意见
That's our only option.
这是我们唯一的选择
Kurt?
库尔特
Yeah?
什么事
We only have a few hours to rebut their testimony.
我们只有几个小时来反驳他们的证词
Kurt, where are you going?
库尔特,你要去哪
Out.
外面
Where?
哪里
To rebut their testimony.
去反驳他们的证词
There was some debate whether to spackle it over,
我们还讨论是要把它抹平
or wear it as a badge of honor.
还是留做纪念
As you might expect, inertia took over.
如你所想,最后还是惰性占了上风
Thank you, Mr. Creed.
谢谢你,克里德先生
Do you want me to hold that light for you?
要我帮你拿着手电筒吗
It'll take as long as it takes.
你再催我我也还是需要花时间的
No, I didn't say anything.
我没说什么
So... Obamacare.
奥巴马医改
I'm just joking.
我开玩笑的
Sorry, something about you makes me want to tease you.
对不起,我总忍不住想和你开玩笑
What is that?
那是什么
A laser.
激光
So, are you still with your protege?
你还是和你的门徒在一起吗
My... Protege. Miranda.
我的...门徒,米兰达
Last time I saw you, she was spreading
上次我见到你的时候
her Fox News pixie dust all over you.
她正在用福克斯新闻诱惑你
She's heading up the San Diego crime lab.
她现在是圣地亚哥罪证实验室的头儿
Oh, how nice for her.
真不错
Very warm there.
那里很暖和
Like Baywatch PD.
就像海岸救生队似的
Am I bothering you?
我让你心烦了吗
No. No, this is entertaining. Please.
不,挺有意思的,继续
What room is that?
那是什么房间
The Rose Salon.
玫瑰沙龙
Isn't that bad?
那岂不是不太妙
Yes.
是的
Is it still bad?
还是不妙吗
Yes.
是的
Well, you'll tell me when it becomes good?
那等情况好转时,你会告诉我吧
You heading back to the country tonight?
你今晚要回乡下吗
No.
不
You at the Edgewater?
你住在滨水市酒店吗
Yeah, why?
是的,怎么了
No reason.
没什么
Dinner?
一起吃晚餐?
Yes. Good.
可以,好
What is this?
这是什么
Where the bullet came from.
这是子弹射出的地方
It's called the rainbow effect.
这叫做彩虹效应
To determine where a shooter stood,
要推测射手的位置
you need to calculate the bullet's trajectory.
就要计算子弹的轨道
And the arch of a bullet can look like a rainbow.
子弹的飞行弧线就像彩虹
And do bullets create different types of... rainbows?
不同子弹可以制造出不同的...彩虹吗
Yes, guns do.
对,枪支可以
In this case, you have a 1929 pistol
本案中是1929年的手枪
firing a 38-caliber lead bullet
发射1930年左右制造的
made circa 1930.
38口径铅弹头子弹
And is the fact that it was made in 1930 important?
子弹是1930年制造的,这重要吗
Yes. Old ammunition doesn't have as much power,
重要,旧弹药没有很大的威力
which means that gravity pulls it down faster.
意味着重力会让它更快地往下掉
Modern bullets are typically copper-jacketed
现代的子弹一般都是镀铜的
so they shoot flatter.
所以它们的飞行轨道会更平
So, in your expert opinion,
那么,从您的专家意见来看
is the prosecution re-creation accurate?
公诉方的现场再现图精确吗
No. Based on my calculations,
不,根据我的计算
the bullet was fired not from outside the Rose Salon,
子弹不是从玫瑰沙龙外发射出来的
but from here.
而是从这里
And that would be the Camelia Room?
那是山茶花厅吗
Yes.
是的
Thank you, Mr. McVeigh.
谢谢你,麦克维先生
More skeletons in my closet?
又发现了我什么不可告人的秘密吗
One or two.
一两个吧
Let's, uh... start the dentist's drill.
那我们就开始吧
Do you know the name Jacob Greenberg?
你认识雅各布·格林伯格吗
No.
不认识
He used to work with your father.
他以前和你父亲一起工作
Oh, Jake Greenburg. Yes.
杰克·格林伯格啊,想起来了
They taught together at law school.
他们在法学院一起教书
Yeah, until Greenburg was brought before the House Committee
是,直到格林伯格被带到
on Un-American Activities.
非美活动调查委员会面前
I... I know.
我,我知道
He was accused of being a communist sympathizer.
他被控支持共产主义
He lost his job and committed suicide.
丢了工作最后自杀了
Yes.
是的
I-I'm not sure, um...
我不太明白
I mean, what is this, Kalinda?
我是说,这怎么了,凯琳达
My father was Jake's best friend.
我父亲是杰克最好的朋友
He stood by him.
他一直支持他
In fact, he...
事实上,他
he was one of the only people who stood by him.
他是极少数支持他的人之一
At great personal expense.
付出了很大的代价
I know. So, I...
我知道,所以,我
I don't know what you think.
我不知道你是怎么想的
Diane, you don't have to hear this.
戴安,你不必听到这些
Well, will it affect the judgeship?
这会影响我任职法官吗
I don't know.
我不确定
It might.
有这个可能
Well, then... yes.
那么,我要听
I mean, tell me.
告诉我吧
Private meetings were held between House Committee
非美活动调查委员会和几位
on Un-American Activities and several...
有影响力的教授召开了
influential professors.
几次秘密会议
And they met with my father? Yes.
他们会见过我父亲,是的
A-And you're saying that...
你是说
that he named Jake?
他告发了杰克吗
But that's a rumor, right?
但那只是谣言,对吧
I mean, it was-- there were private meetings,
那...会议是秘密进行的
so there was no...
所以不会有...
Minutes were taken.
有会议纪要
No... Yes.
不,停下吧
I... I think we should stop.
我想我们到此为止吧
Thank you, Kalinda.
谢谢你,凯琳达
I just, um...
我只是
I need to...
我需要
Don't stop investigating, please.
请不要停止调查
Okay.
好的
We recall Isobel Swift.
我方再次传唤伊索贝尔·斯威夫特
You testified that you and Mr. Sweeney were
你作证说你和斯威尼先生
having sex at the moment he allegedly fired the gun.
在据称他开枪的时刻正在做爱
Yes. Would you say the sex was...
是的,你觉得当时
pretty wild?
很狂野吗
Well... yes.
是的
And this sexual activity took place in the Rose Salon?
这场性爱活动发生在玫瑰沙龙吗
Actually, I believe I was mistaken when I said that.
实际上,我觉得我当时说错了
Upon further reflection,
进一步回想一下
I remembered we were actually in the Camelia Room.
我想起来我们是在山茶花厅
Objection, Your Honor.
反对,法官阁下
Asked and answered.
重复问题
The witness is entitled to change
证人有权改变证言
her testimony if her recollection
如果她对被询问事件的
of the events in question changes.
记忆有了变化
She's badgering the witness, Your Honor.
她这是在纠缠证人,法官阁下
She doesn't look badgered to me. Overruled.
在我看来她没被纠缠,反对无效
So, Ms. Swift, just to be clear,
那么,斯威夫特小姐,为清楚起见
you're absolutely positive that the two of you
你完全肯定你们俩当时
were in the Camelia Room,
是在山茶花厅
the very room from which the gun was fired,
也就是据被告方自己的专家确认
according to the defense's own expert?
子弹射出的那个房间吗
Yes.
是的
You were not.
你才没有
I was.
真的有
Six months in juvie.
少管所里待了六个月
It was involuntary manslaughter.
过失杀人
I shot my own brother.
我枪击了我自己的哥哥
Oh, well, as long as that's all it was.
只要仅此而已就行
It was an accident, of course.
当然了,那是起意外
And it was my dad's huntin' rifle.
是我爸的猎枪
How was I supposed to know it was loaded?
我怎么知道里面有子弹呢
But... judge didn't care.
但是,法官才不管呢
You can look it up in the Ohio Department of Corrections.
你可以在俄亥俄州管教部查到
Say hello to J479361.
向J479361号犯人打个招呼
Wow. A felon.
还是重罪呢
So, Mr. Fancy Supreme Court Clerk.
最高法院书记员先生
What's it like helping shape the law?
帮助决定法律的进程是什么感觉
The truth?
要听实话吗
Intoxicating.
太令人兴奋了
I mean, the breadth of power those nine people have.
我是指那九个人所拥有的权力之大
The Miles opinion sure could
迈尔斯案意见书肯定会
make things harder for criminals with guns.
让持枪犯罪的人更不好过
It's going to. Soon.
的确会的,很快
Really? You sound like you know what you're talking about.
是吗,听起来你好像知道些什么
Wallace sent over his revisions for me
华莱士把他的修订本发给我看了
to check out-- not that he changed much.
他没改什么
Can I read it?
我能看一下吗
I'd love to, but that's against the rules.
我倒是乐意,但是这不符合规定
You can read it in...
你马上就能看到
40 hours.
40个小时后
That's what he said.
他是这么说的
Pizza?
披萨
Go ahead.
请随意
You know, he really wasn't such a bad guy.
他其实人还行
He was kind of sensitive.
有点感性
He was talking about Jackson Pollack.
他还谈到了杰克逊·波拉克
You know Jackson Pollack?
你知道杰克逊·波拉克吗
You didn't drive here, did you?
你不是开车来的吧
Alicia, it's Cary.
艾丽西娅,我是凯里
People v. Miles is coming down in 40 hours.
迈尔斯案意见书会在40个小时后发布
Give me a call when you pick this up.
听到留言请给我回电话
I did not drive; I jogged.
我没开车,我跑着来的
You don't like Jackson Pollack?
你不喜欢杰克逊·波拉克吗
He was in a car accident.
他出过车祸哦
Yes, I know.
是的,我知道
You're really smart.
你真是个聪明人
Let me take you home. No.
我送你回家吧,不
Come on. Time to go home.
走吧,该回家了
I want more pizza.
我还想再吃点披萨
Okay.
好吧
What time is it, anyway?
不过现在几点了
I idolized my father.
我曾以我父亲为偶像
People are always more than one thing, Diane.
人都不止一面,戴安
Maybe.
可能吧
But if he was a hypocrite,
但如果他是个伪君子
what does that make me?
那我成什么了
I patterned my life after his.
我的一生就是以他为榜样
You patterned your life after the things
你引以为榜样的是你
that you admired about him.
仰慕他的那些方面
You don't need to answer for...
你不必对
sins you didn't even know about.
你根本不知道的罪过负责
You're good at this.
你真的很会安慰人
Why do we keep running away from each other?
我们为什么要不停地逃避彼此
I don't know.
我不知道
We should get married.
我们应该结婚
Did I just say that?
我刚才真的说出来了吗
You did.
是的
Okay, I'm... I'm in a transitional place right now,
我,我现在正处于过渡期
and I...
而且我
I think I'm just saying things.
我想我就是随口说说
Okay.
好吧
Okay.
好吧
Well, now I'm embarrassed.
现在我很尴尬
Forget I just said that.
忘了我刚才说的话吧
You're sure?
你确定
Our intetelligence is pretty good.
我们的情报很可靠
The Supreme Court will announce their decision tomorrow.
最高法院明日就会宣布他们的决定
So... where does that leave me?
那我该怎么办
We have to wrap this case up today.
我们今天就得把案子结了
In other words, I'm screwed.
换句话说,我死定了
Isobel hurt us in court yesterday.
伊索贝尔昨天在庭上给我们致命一击
There is still time to turn her around,
我们还是能让她回心转意的
but to do that,
但要想成功
I need to know what's going on.
我需要了解到底发生了什么
You flatter me, Mrs. Florrick.
你过奖了,福瑞克女士
You assume that, like you, I know and understand
你以为我和你一样
the person I'm romantically involved with, but...
会了解和我谈恋爱的人,可是
unfortunately, I'm not you.
很不幸,我不是你
Get down! Get down!
卧倒,卧倒
Uh, so, this is how this should work.
事情最好是这样
You come to me saying,
你进来对我说
"I discovered I was wrong about your father,
"我发现在你父亲的事上,我弄错了
and there's something on this computer that will prove that."
这台电脑里有证据能证明"
I'm sorry
抱歉
No. Let's do it.
没关系,开始吧
We looked at Christmas past,
以前盼望着圣诞节
we looked at Christmas present;
现在盼望着圣诞节
now for Christmas yet to come.
现在圣诞节还没来
Just let me know when you want me to stop it.
想停下的时候告诉我
There's a reason that those first ten amendments were passed.
前十项修正案被通过是有原因的
The founding fathers
国父们
had first hand experience with tyranny.
对暴政是有亲身经历的
And I find it curious that Mr. Obama thinks himself
我好奇地发现奥巴马先生认为他自己
wiser than Thomas Jefferson or James Madison
在自由携带武器权利一事上要比
when it comes to my right to bear arms.
托马斯·杰斐逊和詹姆斯·麦迪逊更明智
Now, is it enough for me to want to secede from the union?
可是这足以让我退出联盟吗
I don't know.
我不知道
And-and I hope I never have to find out.
而且我希望我永远都不需要知道
But I would not stand in the way of others who wanted to do so,
但我也不想阻挡那些想这样做的人
that much I do know.
这一点我还是清楚的
Would it be too ironic to ask you to shoot me?
要是我让你一枪杀了我会不会很讽刺
Look, the problem is not with the court.
这与最高法院无关
The problem is with the campaign.
而是和竞选有关
The secession talk.
那套"分离派"言论
Yes.
是啊
Whatever your relationship is with McVeigh,
无论你和麦克维是什么关系
I would advise that you put it on hold
我都建议你,在被任命前
until you've been appointed.
把这件事先放放
Six months.
六个月
I know you have concerns about Mr. Sweeney's history,
我知道你对斯威尼先生的过去有所顾虑
but if your testimony...
可你的证言
His history?
他的过去
The other day.
那天
You said you had concerns.
你说你有所顾虑
Oh, that.
那个啊
I was kidding.
我是开玩笑的
I'm not worried about that.
我担心的不是那个
I have every intention of being Mrs. Colin Sweeney.
我非常想要成为科林·斯威尼夫人
Then...
那么
I don't want a prenup.
我不想签婚前协议
Colin's insisting on one.
科林坚持要签
So that's why...
所以这就是...
I lied in court, yeah.
我在庭上说谎的原因,对
Tell him to forget the prenup, and I'll be good.
告诉他放弃婚前协议,我就改口
You know, I think I was wrong about your hair.
关于你的发型,我可能错了
It looks good.
这样就很不错
Thanks.
谢谢
Greg.
格雷戈
What are you doing here?
你来做什么
Well, I couldn't get you to return my texts,
你不回我的短信
so I thought I'd try you in person.
所以我就来见你本人了
Bad hangover.
昨天喝多了
Yeah. Mine's pretty bad, too.
我也一样
Look, I know what you were after last night.
听着,我知道你昨晚的目的是什么
What do you mean? I was after a good time.
你什么意思,我就想要开心一下
Yeah. I saw the coverage of the Sweeney case,
我看到斯威尼案件的报道了
and I looked you up, too, you never passed the bar.
我也调查了你,你从没考过律师资格证
Sorry.
抱歉
The Miles opinion comes out today at 5:00 P.M.
迈尔斯案意见书今晚五点发布
The chief justice has a wedding in Bermuda,
首席法官要去百慕大参加婚礼
and he wants the extra day.
他想提前发布,好休一天假
So I'd hurry.
得抓紧了
Thank you, Greg.
多谢了,格雷戈
You're welcome.
不客气
Can I see you again?
我还能再见你吗
No. But... thanks.
不能,但还是谢了
The lamp you're referring to was classic Tiffany style.
你说的台灯是蒂芙尼经典样式
The glass was shattered in the tumult.
玻璃碎片呈流动感
But we had each individual pane
但我们已在原来的每一个框架上
replaced in the original frame.
换上了与众不同的碎片
Here is it.
就在这里
That's the one.
就是这个
See?
看见了吗
The lamp was intact.
台灯是完好无损的
Yeah. It got knocked over.
台灯被碰倒了
No, it was hit.
不,是被击倒了
Ricochet.
回弹
Sir.
先生
Oh, uh, excuse me.
失陪一下
Don't be embarrassed, Diane.
别觉得尴尬,戴安
I'm...
我
I'm not rejecting it.
我不是拒绝你
Rejecting what?
拒绝什么
Marriage.
婚姻
I just...
我只是
need time to think.
需要时间考虑
Point of ricochet.
回弹点
Meaning?
什么意思
As much as I hate to say it,
尽管我很不愿说出来
your guy's still innocent.
你的委托人是清白的
I based part of my calculations on witness testimony,
我之前是根据证人证词做出的计算
which of course is inherently unreliable,
但证词不可信,计算结果也就不可靠
unlike physical evidence.
这点与物证不同
I...
我
Here, you can see that the lamp is still intact.
这里,你可以看到台灯是完好无损的
It was standing on the opposite side of the room
台灯放在正对着通往
from the doorway into the Camelia Room.
山茶花厅的门道的地方
The club thought it was broken in the melee at the party,
俱乐部以为台灯在派对混乱时被打碎了
which is why it was excluded from the crime scene evidence.
所以并没有将它包括在犯罪现场证据中
But it wasn't broken in the melee?
但它不是在混乱中被打碎的吗
No. It was shot at.
不是,它是被枪击中了
Objection. Foundation.
反对,没有根据
Defense Exhibit K, Your Honor.
辩方证物十一号,法官阁下
It's an affidavit from the manager of the Hirschorn Club,
是赫斯科恩俱乐部经理的证词
verifying the provenance of the lamp.
证明台灯的确来自现场
Mr. McVeigh, can you tell us...
麦克维先生,你能告诉我们
Counselor? Excuse me.
律师,不好意思
I have to rule.
你要等我裁决
Uh, yes, I'm sorry, Your Honor.
不好意思,法官阁下
Overruled.
反对无效
Can you tell the court what that mark is on the lampshade?
你能告诉我们灯罩上那个痕迹是什么吗
It's a nick, consistent with being hit by a bullet.
那是个弹痕,与枪击痕迹一致
And does this change your original conclusion?
这个发现改变了你原先的结论吗
Yes, it means that the shooter also had to be standing
是的,这说明开枪者必须站在
on the opposite side of the room from the Camelia Room doorway.
对着通往山茶花厅的门道的地方
You mean, where the witness, Michael Catalani,
也就是证人迈克尔·卡特拉尼
testified he was standing?
作证说他所站的地方吗
Given the physics involved, yes.
从物理上看来,是的
Excuse me, Your Honor. Objection.
不好意思,法官阁下,我反对
To?
反对什么呢
Something two questions ago.
两个问题之前一样的理由
S-Speculation.
任意猜测
Oh, okay. Overruled.
好吧,反对无效
Nothing further, Your Honor.
没有问题了,法官阁下
And no more witnesses.
也没别的证人了
Defense rests. We have our summation ready.
辩护完毕,我们准备好结案陈词了
Okay, sure. You're excused, Mr. McVeigh.
好的,麦克维先生,你可以离席了
Go ahead, Counselor.
开始吧,律师
We're ready for your summation.
我们可以听你的结案陈词了
The evidence proves that Mr. Colin Sweeney
证据证明并不是科林·斯维尼先生
did not shoot the gun, Your Honor.
开的枪,法官阁下
He's innocent.
他是无辜的
Good. I like this new way to conduct trials.
好,我喜欢这种新的庭审方式
Hi again.
又见面了
Hello.
你好
Dropping off your invoice?
送你的收费清单来了吗
Sorry.
抱歉
It's been an odd series of days.
这几天过得很别扭
Any word?
有消息了吗
No. Judge Politi's still deliberating.
没有,波利迪法官还在考虑
I wish I could say "Good luck" on that.
我希望我能说"祝你好运"
Sweeney's a hard man to cheer for.
为斯维尼高兴的确是件难事
I think we should wait and think about marriage.
我觉得应该等等,再想清楚结婚的事
I don't know.
我不知道
I worry we'll always be waiting.
我担心我们等不到头
Maybe that's fine.
也许那样也好
I'll talk to you.
再联系
Wait.
等等
I don't want to wait.
我不想再等了
Please.
请留下
I don't want to wait.
我不想再等了
I don't.
我不想
And then what?
那怎么办
So, I've arrived at a decision.
我已经作出判决了
And unfortunately, Ms. Hellinger,
很遗憾,海灵格小姐
I find that there simply isn't enough evidence
我发现实在没有足够的证据
to prove the gun charge against Mr. Sweeney.
证明斯维尼先生开了枪
Accordingly, I must find him not guilty on this charge.
据此,我必须判他无罪
However, Mr. Sweeney,
但是,斯维尼先生
you're pretty much a scumbag.
你就是个卑鄙小人
I know I'll probably get censured for that,
我知道这么说大概会受到谴责
but I really don't care.
但是我真心不在乎
I do find you guilty of disorderly conduct,
你妨碍治安罪名成立
and I sentence you to a $1,500 fine,
我判罚你1500元罚款
30 days incarceration to be served immediately.
及30天监禁,立即生效
We're done here.
今天到此为止
Thank God.
谢天谢地
Thank you. Again.
再次感谢你
You still have to serve 30 days.
你还是得被监禁30天
I know, but, uh...
我知道,但是
at least I have something to look forward to on my release.
至少我在牢里有所期盼
So, you decided no prenup?
你决定放弃婚前协议了吗
I love her too much.
我太爱她了,没办法
She's going to cheat you.
她会骗惨你的
I know. It's okay. I'll just kill her.
我知道,没关系,那我就杀了她呗
Once again, it's happening...
往事又重演了一遭
I'll wait for you.
我会等你的
I know, love.
我知道,亲爱的
Can he have these?
他能把这个带上吗
Oh... This love is unrequited
这段爱得不到回报
Hold 'em for me.
留着等我出来
twice the pain the suffering
双倍的疼痛与煎熬
Oh my love is unrequited
我的爱得不到回报
Oh, my love is unrequited...
我的爱得不到回报
Hello.
喂
Will, are you busy?
威尔,你在忙吗
Um, no. What's up?
没有,怎么了
Nothing, um, just something with work.
没什么,就是些工作的事
What is going on?
怎么了
Are you guys trying to save on electricity?
你们这是想省电吗
I will call you back. I'm fine.
下次再说,我没事
And get back what I gave my men
我的付出要向我的爱人们索要
Get back...
索要
Who was that, Alicia?
是谁,艾丽西娅吗
Yeah.
嗯
Oh, the shame this crying game
可惜哭泣这招
Oh, my love...
我的爱
Yes?
怎么了
I'm not being honest.
我有事瞒着你
You're not?
是吗
No, and I should be.
是的,我不应该这么做
There was a guy I dated in the military.
我之前在军队里约会过的一个人
He's recently come back into my life.
我们最近又在一起了
I'm sorry, but I...
对不起,但是我
No, no. Hey. No, I get it.
不,不,没事,我懂的
Congratulations.
祝贺你
For?
祝贺我什么
The case.
赢了官司
Oh, my love Is unrequited
我的爱得不到回报
Oh, my love is unrequited...
我的爱得不到回报