Previously on The Good Wife...
《傲骨贤妻》前情提要
Lemond Bishop, you're under arrest for murder.
雷蒙德·毕夏普,你因涉嫌谋杀被捕了
It's not about your drug business.
不是你的毒品生意
It's about your legit businesses.
是你的合法生意
A confidential informant?
一个秘密线人?
Yeah, you're accused of killing a confidential informant
对,你被控谋杀在旗下一间健身俱乐部
at one of your health clubs.
供职的秘密线人
All those opposed?
反对的请举手
The proposal passes.
提案通过
Next on the agenda, Will...
下一项议程,威尔
I ask for a show of hands to formalize
请各位举手表决
the appointment of equity partner, Alicia Florrick,
是否接纳权益合伙人艾丽西娅·福瑞克
to the steering committee.
加入决策委员会
All those in favor?
赞成的请举手
Great, welcome, Alicia.
很好,欢迎加入,艾丽西娅
I think you have an agenda.
议程表你有了吧
I do, thank you.
有了,谢谢
Can we talk about money now?
现在能谈钱了吗
Yes.
当然
David proposes reacquiring the 27th and the 29th floors.
大卫提议购回27楼和29楼
It's time we look like a real law firm again
是时候恢复一间律所该有的面貌了
and not some Burmese tent city.
不要再挤成缅甸帐篷大会了
I would only argue that we not make the same mistake
我认为别像在经济衰退初期一样
we made at the beginning of the downturn.
犯同样的错误
We overspent and regretted it.
过度开支又追悔莫及
Yes, but in my opinion we're living in a new economy
对,但我认为目前经济形势已经好转
and there's as much danger of us
在开支上过于保守
being too conservative with our finances.
也会令我们面临很大危机
And what might be the danger of being too conservative?
过于保守会有什么危机
Oh, no, Mommy and Daddy are fighting.
不是吧,爹地妈咪又吵架了
Look, we're one of the few all-service firms left standing,
我们是仅存的几间全业务型律所之一
and if we don't expand,
如果我们不扩张
our clients will leave us for someone who will.
客户就会流向有野心的律所
But they haven't up to this point.
但他们还没到这种程度
Because the economy has scared them.
那是因为他们被经济危机吓到了
Okay, no more speeches.
好了,别争了
I propose we lease back the 27th and the 29th floor
我提议在被别的律所赶上之前
before they're snatched up.
租回27楼和29楼
And I propose that if this motion fails,
我提议如果这个提案没通过
we study the economic impact in a subcommittee.
就成立小组委员会研究其经济影响
Oh, yes, by all means,
搞来搞去
form another subcommittee.
又成立个小组委员会
Everyone in favor of David Lee's proposal,
同意大卫·李提案的
please raise their hands.
请举手
Come on, Debbie,
拜托,黛比
stop sucking up to Diane.
别再拍戴安马屁了
All those opposed?
反对的请举手
All right, six for and six against.
好吧,六比六
You are kidding me.
你逗我玩呢
Will, do you mind heading up the subcommittee
威尔,你介意做小组委员会的组长
to study the economic impact of leasing these new floors?
研究租用新楼层的经济影响吗
I don't mind. Good.
不介意,好
So, one more matter:
还有件事
there seems to be some concern about our investigator.
目前有人对我们的调查员有所担忧
With the influx of new business,
随着新业务的扩展
there's a feeling that she is being overtaxed.
她似乎有点不堪重负
I propose we hire a new investigator.
我提议再雇一个调查员
To work with Kalinda?
跟凯琳达共事吗
I don't care, I just want it done.
我无所谓,能解决这事就行
Yes, someone to work with Kalinda.
对,找个人与凯琳达分担工作
When we hired a second investigator a few years ago,
几年前我们多雇了一个调查员
it didn't work out so well.
结果不欢而散
Oh, my God, she's right.
天啊,她说得对
What were we thinking?
我们当时怎么想的
Well, I think we can find a better fit than Blake.
我们应该能找个比布莱克更合适的人选
All those in favor of hiring a second investigator?
同意再雇一个调查员的请举手
Yes, be brave, lone voice in the wilderness.
对,要勇敢,独自在荒野中呐喊吧
Good, I will form a subcommittee for hiring, and with that...
好,我会组成一个招聘小组,然后
No new business, I'm out of here.
没别的事我就走了
Diane.
戴安
Could I be on that subcommittee?
我能参加招聘小组吗
Well, I know you're friends with Kalinda
我知道你跟凯琳达很要好
But you're an equity partner now.
但你现在是权益合伙人了
Your loyalty has to be with the firm. I know.
你要忠于律所的利益,我知道
You cannot tell her anything. I know.
你什么也不能透露给她,我知道
Confidentiality rules.
要遵守保密规则
But certainly you can join the subcommittee. Thank you.
但是你加入招聘小组没问题,谢谢
I think you're late for court, aren't you?
你出庭要迟了吧
Alicia.
艾丽西娅
Liz? Yeah, yeah.
莉兹,是我,是我
I haven't seen you since school.
毕业后就没再见过你了
Look at you, you look exactly the same.
看啊,你一点没变
So do you, wow.
你也是
And, uh, we're on opposite sides again,
我们又是对手了
just like school.
就像在学校里
Good guys, bad guys.
正方,反方
All right, I'll, uh, see you inside.
那我们庭上见
Okay.
好的
Who's that?
那是谁
Liz Lawrence.
莉兹·劳伦斯
My nemesis in law school.
我上学时的死对头
Is she good?
她很厉害吗
Yes.
是的
Mr. Bishop's comfort level
毕夏普先生的舒适度
should not be our concern, Your Honor.
不是我们要担心的问题,法官阁下
This is not about our client's comfort level, Your Honor.
与我方当事人的舒适度无关,法官阁下
This is about his eight-year-old son
而是关于他八岁的儿子
who he has not seen since his arrest.
毕夏普被捕后他就没见过父亲
Then, Mr. Bishop shouldn't have killed
那毕夏普先生就不该杀害
one of our confidential informants.
我方的秘密线人
Excuse me, Mr. Bishop did not kill anyone.
说什么呢,毕夏普先生根本没杀人
We have evidence that the
我方有证据证明
confidential informant's boyfriend, Noah,
那名秘密线人的男友,诺亚
physically abused her on dozens of occasions.
多次对她施以暴力
And where is this evidence?
证据在哪里
We've been hearing about this boyfriend for months now.
被告几个月来多次提起这位男朋友
We are prepared to present this evidence, Your Honor.
我方准备将此证据呈上法庭,法官阁下
But once again the AUSA is simply attempting
但联邦助理检察官纯粹是想再次惩罚
to punish our client... Mrs. Florrick is misinformed.
我方当事人,福瑞克夫人理解错了
I'm attempting to prevent their client from fleeing.
我只是想防止他们的当事人逃跑
Thank you, counselors.
谢谢,律师们
Counselors.
律师们
. . Bishop will be remanded into the custody of a U.S. Marshal
准许毕夏普在联邦法院执行官的监管下
and permitted to visit his son
每周在监狱外
outside of prison two hours every week.
和其子共处两小时
Even in law school, I always let you win one.
即便是在读书时,我也总会让你赢一次
Oh, is that what that was?
是你让我赢的吗
Kalinda found the CI's boyfriend, Noah. Good.
凯琳达找到线人的男友诺亚了,好
What did he say?
他怎么说
She found him in the morgue.
她在停尸房找到他的
He heard the police were looking for him
他听说警方在找他
and shot himself in the head.
就吞枪自杀了
Did he leave a suicide note?
有遗言吗
She's checking.
她正在找
We can still point to him as the most likely suspect.
我们仍能将他指为头号嫌疑人
We have the police reports on Noah's abusiveness.
我们有诺亚施暴的警方报告
And we have witnesses who saw him fleeing the murder.
还有看见他逃离现场的目击证人
Yeah, but the boyfriend's dead.
没错,但他已经死了
Hey, Dad,
爸爸
watch this.
看好了
Derrick Rose better watch his back.
德里克·罗斯可要防着你了
Judy, could you give me a second with Mrs. Florrick?
朱迪,能让我和福瑞克夫人单独谈谈吗
Uh, sure.
没问题
Do you need anything?
要点什么东西吗
No, I'm good. Thanks, sis.
不用了,谢谢,妹妹
Look, this isn't over.
我们并非束手无策
We still have the testimony backing up your alibi.
我们仍有证词支持你的不在场证据
My sister's testimony, yeah.
我妹妹的证词
They'll think she's lying to protect me.
他们会觉得她是在包庇我
They want to get me.
他们一心想整我
There's a lawyer I know.
我认识一个律师
Charles Lester.
查尔斯·莱斯特
I want you to take him with you.
我希望你们跟他合作
Mr. Bishop, if you're unhappy
毕夏普先生,如果你对我们的
with your representation... Stop it.
法律服务不满意... 不是的
What I want is for you to work with Charles Lester.
我只是希望你们和查尔斯·莱斯特合作
Dad, come on.
爸爸,来呀
Can you believe it?
你能相信吗
They might convict me for the one thing I didn't do.
这次我是清白的,却有可能被他们定罪
Need something to do?
有事吗
No, I seem to have a subcommittee to head up.
没有,我要带领小组委员会讨论
It's nice of you to volunteer.
谢谢你主动请缨
Actually, I think I was volunteered.
其实我觉得我是被主动了
What's going on?
怎么回事
We're six to six.
现在是六比六
Looking into the economic impact.
因此要研究下经济影响
No, you're filibustering.
不,是你在阻挠决策
We escaped the executioner, Will.
我们刚刚逃过一劫,威尔
Now that we have some reserves,
如今略有盈余
why are we so anxious to spend them?
为什么要急着花掉
Because we need to grow.
因为我们要成长
We need to hire and add offices.
我们要雇人手,要增加办公室
And end up right where we started?
然后周而复始吗
No, you were the one who wanted to open an office
不,当初是你想在纽约开一间分所
in New York and go after Canning's firm.
来对付坎宁的律所
Yes, I was angry.
是的,当时我很生气
Well, get angry again.
那你就再生回气
We are responsible for 300 employees.
我们对300名员工负有责任
We aren't rebels, we're not gamblers.
我们既不是叛逆者,也不是赌徒
Wait.
等等
What?
怎么
Stern said that when you have a partnership disagreement,
斯特恩说过,当合伙人意见有分歧时
you look at your mission statement.
就去读读自己的使命宣言
What mission statement?
什么使命宣言
Exactly.
不知道就对了
You guys are great.
你们很棒
Just keep it up.
要继续保持
Cheers.
干杯
Cheers.
干杯
That's the CI, Christina Diaz,
这就是秘密线人,克里斯汀娜·迪亚兹
three months before she was murdered.
这是她被杀三个月前
The one Bishop said he never met.
毕夏普说从未见过她
Things just keep getting worse.
真是每况愈下
Where'd you find it?
你在哪里找到的
One of the gym workers.
一个健身房员工录的
They were having a celebration
他们在为业绩最好的销售人员
for the most membership sales. He taped it.
开庆祝会,他录了下来
Do the Feds know about it?
联邦调查员知道这东西吗
The tape? No, not yet.
录影带吗,还不知道
We can't destroy it.
我们不能销毁它
I know, but we don't need to tell them
我知道,但我们也不用告诉他们
that it exists.
它的存在
This is just a copy.
这只是拷贝件
Yeah, they'll just find it anyway, won't they?
是啊,他们迟早会找到的吧
Well, sometimes they're not as good at their jobs.
有时候他们也不是那么厉害
Yeah.
是我
Okay.
好的
Need to go meet our new cocounsel.
得去会会我们新的协理律师了
Cocounsel?
协理律师?
Someone Bishop wants us to use.
毕夏普指定的人
You heard?
你听说了吗
Yes, Charles Lester is here.
听说了,查尔斯·莱斯特来了
This should be interesting.
肯定很有意思
What does Mr. Bishop's personal lawyer look like?
毕夏普先生的私人律师会是什么样
Yeah.
是啊
Mr. Lester.
莱斯特先生
Yes.
我在这里
Mr. Charles Lester?
查尔斯·莱斯特先生吗
Yes.
是的
And you're...
你是...
Alicia Florrick.
艾丽西娅·福瑞克
And Cary Agos.
你一定是凯里·艾格斯
Yes.
是的
Well, you're not at all what I expected.
你们和我想象的完全不同
Really? No, you both look much younger.
真的吗,你们比我想象的年轻多了
Oh, well, that's nice.
您真会说话
Should we get going on these witness interviews?
我们出发去采访证人吧
Yes, I think first we're going to go and see, um...
好,我想我们第一个要找的是...
Ike Kramer.
艾克·克雷默
Uh, no, I-I...
不,我...
Don't you hate it when you write something down
真烦人,明明写在纸上以防自己忘了
on a piece of paper and then...
却找不到...
Oh, thanks.
谢了
Ike Kramer.
艾克·克雷默
He's a, uh, trainer at, uh,
他是个教练
one of Mr. Bishop's gymnasiums.
在毕夏普先生的一家健身房工作
Oh, good, so you have the address?
好,你知道地址对吧
Yes, I do.
是的,我知道
It's, um...
在...
it's over on, um...
就在...
I already talked to the Feds.
我已经跟联邦政府的人说过了
Yeah, we know. Just, just tell us what you told them.
我们知道,告诉我们你跟他们说了什么
Look, I'm not trying to hurt Mr. Bishop,
听着,我不是想害毕夏普先生
I'm just trying to tell the truth.
我只是想说出事实真相
He had us in a meeting.
他给我们开了个会
He told us that if he caught anyone skimming,
他说如果谁被他发现隐瞒收入
he would kill them.
他就杀了谁
Those were his exact words?
那是他的原话吗
He would kill them?
他说他要杀了他们
Not get rid of in the sense of fire?
而不是说"干掉"表示要开除他们吗
No, look, we all knew Christina was skimming.
不是,我们都知道克里斯汀娜隐瞒收入
Bishop didn't know she was a CI.
毕夏普不知道她是秘密线人
None of us did.
我们都不知道
But I think he killed her
但我认为他杀了她
because she was skimming.
因为她隐瞒收入
Couldn't he have been using the work jokingly?
他有没有可能是开玩笑地说要杀人
Well, no one laughed.
没人觉得好笑
I mean, I like Mr. Bishop a lot,
我很喜欢毕夏普先生
but he has a...
但他有着...
serious side.
很严肃的一面
Okay.
好吧
Mr. Lester, do you have any questions?
莱斯特先生,你有什么问题要问吗
Uh, yes.
有
Uh, just a second.
稍等一下
There we go.
找到了
What are the hours here?
这里的营业时间是几点
8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
早8点到晚10点
8:00 to 10:00-- that's pretty standard?
8点到10点,是标准营业时间对吧
Yes.
是啊
And what is that?
那是什么
That over there.
那张图
It's a chart about body weight.
是关于体重的图表
Really, and you're interested in body weight?
是吗,你对体重很感兴趣吗
Yes... I... am.
是的,感兴趣
Okay, good.
好,很好
That's it for me.
我问完了
That's-- no more questions?
这...你没别的问题了吗
Uh, no.
没了
We have a problem.
我们遇到个问题
We'd rather keep this confidential.
我们不想让这事张扬出去
You know our client, Seth De Luca?
你知道我们的客户赛斯·德·卢卡吧
The restaurateur?
那个餐馆老板
Exactly.
没错
He was one of Stern's first clients.
他是斯特恩最早的客户之一
Eight years with us.
与我们合作八年了
Okay, what's wrong?
好吧,怎么了
He paid his bill on time.
他按时付了钱给我们
In full?
全款支付
Down to the cent.
一分不差
You think he's leaving?
你们觉得他要换律所了
That's the worry.
就是这样
Just check and see if he's meeting other firms.
去查查看他是否在约见其他律所
We don't want to lose old clients
我们不想在开拓新客户的同时
while we're pursuing new ones.
却失去了老客户
I'm on it.
我会去查
You saw, uh,
你看到
Thao, Crowne & Associates went bankrupt?
邵&克劳恩律所破产的消息了吧
Yeah, I did.
看到了
Any friends there out of work?
那家律所有你认识的朋友吗
A few-- two investigators.
有几个,我认识他们两个调查员
Why?
怎么了
Oh, no reason.
没事
Thank you.
谢谢你
Your Honor, this is merely a preliminary hearing.
法官阁下,这只是预审而已
If there isn't enough evidence,
如果没有足够的证据
Mr. Bishop should be free.
就应该放了毕夏普先生
The defense is trying to get two cracks at bat:
贪婪的被告想占据两次盘问机会
here, during this hearing,
先是在这次预审中
and then again during trial. Your Honor,
然后在审讯中还要盘问,法官阁下
the prosecution is shirking... Let them cross-examine
检方在推卸,让他们到审讯时
during the trial. - ...its responsibilities.
再盘问我们的证人,他们的责任
They will have plenty of time...
到时他们有足够的时间
Counsel... Counselors!
律师,律师们
Question your witness, Ms. Lawrence.
劳伦斯女士,向你的证人发问
Show me there's enough to prosecute.
向我展示你有足够的证据起诉
Thank you, Your Honor.
谢谢您,法官阁下
Mr. Kramer, thank you for making yourself available.
克雷默先生,感谢你前来作证
Don't worry. We're gonna lose here,
别担心,我们虽在预审中输掉
but it will prepare us for trial, okay?
但这能让我们为审讯做好准备
you work at Mr. Bishop's gym
你在毕夏普先生的健身房
Fine Fitness?
富强健身房工作对吗
Yes, I'm a trainer there. Now, Mr. Kramer,
是,我是那的教练,克雷默先生
you heard Mr. Bishop make a pronouncement
你听到了毕夏普先生在一次会议中
about skimming in one of his meetings, didn't you?
就隐瞒收入问题作出的警告,对吗
Yeah.
是的
And what was that pronouncement?
他说了什么
That he wouldn't tolerate anybody skimming.
他说他不能容忍任何人隐瞒收入
And didn't he say that he would murder anybody caught skimming?
他是否说他要谋杀被发现隐瞒收入的员工
No.
没有
I...
我
He didn't?
他没有吗
I'm sorry.
抱歉
Did he say that he would kill anybody caught skimming?
他是否说他会杀死被发现隐瞒收入的员工
No.
没有
You told our investigators he did.
你对我们的调查员说过他是那么说的
No.
没有
I said Mr. Bishop said
我说的是毕夏普先生
that he would "Get rid of" anybody he caught skimming.
说他会"干掉"被他发现隐瞒收入的员工
And by that he meant "Kill."
"干掉"的意思就是"杀死"
No. He meant "Fire."
不,他的意思是"开除"
Uh, Your Honor, uh...
法官阁下
we need some time to discuss this.
我们需要时间讨论一下
Sure, but we immediately request
当然,但我们请求
a dismissal, Your Honor.
立即驳回此案,法官阁下
Your Honor, the witness is changing his tune...
法官阁下,证人改变了他的证词
Absent that, we ask for bail.
如不驳回,我们申请保释
There isn't enough sufficient evidence...
检方没有足够的证据...
Please, that's enough.
停下,够了
So what happened there?
那是怎么回事
Witness recanted. Yes...
证人改变立场了,是
but why? Oh, I have no idea.
但为什么,我不知道
Maybe we intimidated him.
也许我们震慑住了他
I mean, who else? It was just us.
还能有谁,只有我们在场
Hi.
你们好
Say, could I take a gander at
能让我看一眼
the other evidence against Mr. Bishop?
其他对毕夏普先生不利的证据吗
I heard there was a videotape
我听说有一卷录影带
that could be a bit damaging.
可能会给我们造成麻烦
22 years on the force, got my pension.
从军22年,拿了抚恤金
Since then I've been doing freelance investigative work.
从那以后就开始做兼职调查员
Thank you, Sergeant.
谢谢你,军士
Please... Walt.
叫我沃特就好
Good old Walt.
老沃
Walt.
沃特
And so you're currently ready to work?
那你现在准备好上岗了吗
Am I currently ready? Yeah.
我现在准备好了吗,当然
I got my coffee thermos right here.
我都准备好喝这儿的咖啡了
Any more questions?
还有其他问题吗
Yes. Um, Walt, do you have much experience working with women?
有,沃特,你有和女性共事的经验吗
Oh, sure.
当然有
And how do you feel about working with a female investigator?
那你怎么看待与一位女性调查员合作
No complaints here.
完全没问题
I love the ladies,
我喜欢和女性相处
and the ladies love me.
女性朋友们也喜欢我
Sergeant Wilkins,
威尔金斯军士
they're almost ready for you.
他们马上就好
Am I being replaced?
你们要找人取代我吗
No. There are three ex-cops in Reception.
没有,前台那里坐着三个退休警察
Really?
真的吗
And how do you know they're ex-cops?
你怎么知道他们是退休警察
You're not being replaced.
我们没有要取代你
You're interviewing investigators.
你们在面试调查员
Why would you be interviewing investigators,
如果不是要招第二个调查员
unless you want a second one?
你们为什么要找人面试
Yes.
是的
We're expanding your department.
我们要扩大你的部门
My department? Yes.
我的部门?是的
You're a department now.
你现在是个部门了
Congratulations.
恭喜你
The Office of Legal Investigators.
律所调查人员办公室
I don't have a desk but I have a department?
我连办公桌都没有,却有部门了
We'll get you a desk.
我们会给你弄张办公桌
And how you doing with our wayward restaurateur?
我们那位不忠诚的餐馆老板查得怎样了
Any reason why he paid on time?
查到他按时付款的原因了吗
So this other investigator...
这个新调查员...
the second investigator.
第二个调查员
He'll work under me?
他会在我手下工作吗
Not necessarily.
不一定
So you're expanding my department,
所以你要扩张我的部门
but I'm not the head of my department?
但我却不是我自己部门的头儿
Basically.
基本上是这样
Will, I should be in there
威尔,我应该在那里面
interviewing the second investigator.
面试第二个调查员
The first investigator
首席调查员
should be in there interviewing the second.
应该参与面试第二个调查员
This is a partner-level decision.
这事是由合伙人来决定的
Yeah. Which partners?
是吗,哪些合伙人
Diane, Rick,
戴安,里克
Bob from Litigation,
诉讼部的鲍勃
Alicia.
艾丽西娅
Yes.
是的
Your back is covered.
有人罩着你
This is a good thing, Kalinda.
这是件好事,凯琳达
More work, more money,
活儿更多,收入更多
more prestige.
威信也更高
You know, somehow, when people say "More prestige,"
不知怎的,当人们说"威信更高"时
they usually mean "Less power."
往往意味着"权利更小"
Check on Chef De Luca!
去查查德·卢卡大厨
Is he leaving us?
他要换律所了吗
Look, I'm from Lockhart/Gardner,
我是洛克哈特&加德纳律所的
and I'm here to make sure that you're happy.
我来是想问问您是否满意我们的服务
Needs more cheese.
得再加点奶酪
You paid your bill in full, on time.
您按时并全额付清了帐款
That usually suggests that a client is leaving.
客户那样做通常意味着他要离开我们
I'm fine.
我很好
Good.
那就好
Because we're offering clients
因为我们正在给
a five-percent discount on services
预付聘金的客户
in exchange for a retainer.
提供5%的折扣
Lately your firm has stopped making me feel...
近来你们律所让我感觉自己
special.
没那么特殊了
Okay. So...
好吧,那...
how can we make you feel special again?
我们怎么能再让您感到特殊呢
In my experience
以我的经验来看
the larger the firm,
律所规模越大
the harder it is to change their behavior.
就越难改变它的行为
It's not about teaching an old dog new tricks,
这与教老狗学新把戏不同
it's about teaching a big dog.
这是教一只大狗
So you're considering using a smaller dog.
所以你在考虑换只小狗
Might you tell me
能告诉我
which dog you're speaking with?
您在和哪只小狗谈吗
Sure.
当然
It's one of your lawyers.
是你们公司的律师
Trying to convince me to jump ship with him.
想要说服我和他一起离开你们那儿
Which of our lawyers?
具体哪一位
I... no.
我...不行
You'll just get him fired. No. I won't.
你会害他被开除,不,我不会
Well, don't you think it's fair
难道你不觉得告诉我们
you tell us who we're competing with?
竞争对手是谁才够公平吗
Someone who's good on my cases.
是个对我的案子很了解的律师
That's all I'll say.
只能说到这了
Cary Agos?
凯里·艾格斯吗
That's all I ll say.
不能多说了
But it is Cary Agos?
是凯里·艾格斯吧
That's all I'm saying.
我只能说到这里
I looked into your background, Mr. Lester.
我查了你的背景,莱斯特先生
That sounds dramatic.
听起来好可怕呢
You've been a lawyer for 25 years,
你做了25年律师
but you've never tried a single case.
却从来没参加过庭审
Well, I don't like court.
我不喜欢法庭
You've never written one brief.
你也没写过辩诉状
None that I could find, anyway.
反正我是没找到
I don't like putting things in writing.
我不喜欢把事情写下来
You don't have a firm, and from what I can tell,
你没有公司背景,而且据我所知
you don't have an office either.
你也没有办公室
Well, I like working from home.
我喜欢在家工作
You've had one client for the last ten years:
过去十年你只有一个客户
Lemond Bishop.
莱蒙德·毕夏普
And before that, you had one client for 12 years.
在那之前,你12年只有一个客户
Anthony Grozzi, until he was murdered in 2003.
安东尼·格罗兹,直到03年他被杀害
Guilty. So what exactly...
有罪的,你到底...
do you do?
是干什么的
I have only one client because
我只有一个客户是因为
I don't like to work very much.
我不喜欢工作地太辛苦
I like working at home
我喜欢在家工作
because I like spending time with my wife.
是因为我喜欢和我太太在一起
What I do for Mr. Bishop is...
我为毕夏普先生所做的...
I offer dedicated service.
就是尽心为他服务
I update him,
我向他汇报情况
I keep an eye out for problems,
帮他留心问题出现的苗头
and when I think things are going wrong, I tell him.
当我认为要出现问题时,我就告诉他
I'm a small-town lawyer
我是个小镇来的律师
with a small-time practice.
执业时间也不长
Like Abraham Lincoln.
和亚伯拉罕·林肯一样
This case is winnable, Mr. Lester.
这个案子赢面很大,莱斯特先生
I didn't say it wasn't.
我也没说它不是啊
Mr. Bishop didn't do it.
毕夏普先生没杀人
He's innocent, and I can prove it.
他是清白的,我可以证明这点
Good.
很好
That's all he wants.
这就够了
Thanks for meeting me here. Sorry, I...
谢谢你们来这见我,抱歉,我...
I get the kids once a week.
我一周只能见孩子一面
I'm gonna say to you the same thing I said to the prosecutor,
要说的我已经对公诉人说过了
so I don't know what you need to know.
我不懂你还想知道些什么
I work for Mr. Bishop at a club that he owns,
我在毕夏普先生的一家俱乐部工作
and I saw him getting into a tan Honda
受害者失踪的那一晚
the night that the victim disappeared.
我看见他进了一辆茶褐色本田车
Was it this car?
是这辆车吗
Look, like I said,
我说了
I didn't see him kill anyone, all right?
我没看见他杀任何人,好吗
I just saw him get into that car.
我只是看见他进了那辆车
Her body was found in this car.
她的尸体是在这辆车上发现的
Yeah, I know. Okay, thanks.
我知道,好的,谢谢
How old are your kids?
你的孩子多大了
Five and seven.
一个五岁一个七岁
I remember when my daughters were that age.
我还记得我的女儿们这么大的时候
It's a lot of fun until they turn 13.
13岁前还挺欢乐一家亲的
And then... watch out.
但那之后...保重啊兄弟
His kids were cute.
他的孩子很可爱
That's why I asked him how old they were.
所以我就问了下她们的年龄
Didn't you think they were cute? Yes.
你不觉得她们很可爱吗,可爱
You thought I was, what, implying some kind of threat?
你觉得我是在暗示要恐吓他吗
I don't know.
我不知道
Well, he didn't change his testimony, so...
他没改变证词,所以...
I must not be very effective.
我的效力看来也就一般
"Lockhart/Gardner
洛克哈特/加德纳是一家
is an all-service law firm intent on..."
提供全方位服务的事务所,坚持于
"Intent on" sounds odd.
"坚持于"感觉有点别扭
"Dedicated to." "Dedicated to...
致力于,致力于
"Offering our clients the best...
为我们的客户提供最好的...
legal and professional services available..."
专业化的法律服务...
Great, Diane, that means nothing.
好嘛,戴安,这和没说一样
Who doesn't want to give their clients the best service?
谁不想给客户提供最好的服务
Then... what do you want it to say?
那...你觉得应该怎么写
"Lockhart/Gardner wants it all.
洛克哈特/加德纳野心勃勃
We want to be the biggest and the best."
我们想成为业界的翘楚
What?
怎么了
Can we just have a moment when we're not struggling?
我们能不能在不困难的时候稍微放松一下
Please? Can we just take a breath?
好吗,能不能先喘口气
We did take a breath.
我们喘过气了
No, we didn't.
不,我们没有
Well, then go ahead and take a vacation, and I'll do this.
那你去休个假好了,我来搞定这个
What?
怎么
I just have to make some calls.
我得去打几个电话
Diane, wait.
戴安,等一下
You weren't the one paying the bills, Will.
不是你付的账单,威尔
You weren't the one trying to delay our creditors.
也不是你去恳求债权人放宽期限的
I can't go back to that.
我不能再来一次了
My guess is, I-I thought I saw Mr. Bishop
我是说,我以为我看见毕夏普先生
getting into the car, but...
进了那辆车,但是...
But you were under the influence of oxycodone? Yeah.
你当时受到了止痛药的影响,没错
Your Honor, I...
法官阁下,我...
This is...
这太...
I am very distressed by this.
我要被搞崩溃了
As am I.
我也是
This is where I'd ask for a dismissal.
赶紧请求驳回起诉啊
As you can see, Your Honor,
如您所见,法官阁下
the government does not have the testimony to support their case...
检方没有足够证据支持他们的指控
What we have, Your Honor, is the testimony
法官阁下,我们有他的
of his health club manager, plus we have new evidence--
健身房经理的证词,我们还有新证据
we have a videotape
一盘录有毕夏普先生
that shows Mr. Bishop at a social gathering with the victim.
在一次聚会上和受害者见面的录像带
Your Honor, none of this is sufficient to warrant the indictment...
法官阁下,这些都不足以支持这次公诉
Perhaps Mrs. Florrick has forgotten,
或许福瑞克夫人忘记了
but the purpose of a preliminary hearing is
预审会的目的是
to determine whether probable cause exists.
决定是否存在合理依据
Agreed, and I find the affidavit
是的,我认为健身俱乐部经理
of the health club manager, Mr. Dexter Roja,
迪克斯特·罗哈的书面证词
quite persuasive. I'll hear his testimony.
很具说服力,我会听取他的证词
Bishop is using you to intimidate these witnesses.
毕夏普是在利用你恐吓这些证人
Oh, come on. Every single time you question one, they recant.
拜托,被你询问的证人都改了证词
Have you ever thought that you
你就没想过
might've intimidated these witnesses to get them to testify?
这些证人可能是经你的恐吓才来作证的吗
You know, we used to feel bad for you.
我们之前很同情你
The old gang from school.
大学时的那些死党
We all called each other
那场新闻发布会播出后
after your press conference and said,
我们互相打电话说
"Can you believe it,
你能相信吗
having your husband admit to sleeping with prostitutes?"
自己的丈夫承认和妓女睡过觉
Now I see.
现在我明白了
You were made for each other.
你和他彼此彼此
Do you know what I've thought of you since school?
你知道毕业后我想过你什么吗
What?
什么
Nothing.
一根毛都没想过
So, you want to check out this videotape?
去看下录像带是怎么回事吗
Yes, I think we should.
是的,我想我们得看看
Well, the problem is Dexter Roja.
问题在迪克斯特·罗哈身上
We're interviewing him next. You and...
我们等会去见他,你和...
Lester both? Yes.
莱斯特一起吗,是的
Mrs. Florrick and I are becoming quite the team.
福瑞克夫人和我合作得越来越融洽了
Good.
很好
Mrs. Florrick, if you don't mind,
福瑞克夫人,如果你不介意
Charles and I have another matter to discuss.
查尔斯和我有别的事要讨论
If it has to do with the case, I should...
如果和案子有关,我应该...
No, it's another matter.
不,是另一件事
It will just take a minute.
就一小会儿
Okay.
好吧
What happens if this Dexter guy
如果这位迪克斯特不能
can't supply any information to help the Feds?
给联邦政府提供任何信息会怎么样
Our hope is, either they drop the charges
我们的希望是,要么他们撤诉
or the judge grants a motion to dismiss.
要么法官批准驳回诉讼
Ma'am, there's a call for you.
女士,有你的电话
Are you sure? Yes.
你确定吗,是的
Mrs. Florrick?
你是福瑞克夫人吧
We're driving home,
我开车回家
and I turn to my son in the backseat,
回头看后座上我的儿子时
and that's when I noticed a black Escalade following us.
注意到一辆黑色埃斯卡拉迪车跟着我们
And at home I pointed it out to my husband.
到家时我向我丈夫指出了那辆车
And as soon as he stepped outside,
他刚走出去
it skidded away.
那车就开走了
Now, apparently,
显然
Mr. Bishop is no longer content with just intimidating witnesses.
毕夏普先生已不满足于只恐吓证人了
Excuse me, Your Honor,
对不起,法官阁下
but that is an appalling accusation.
但这个指控也太离谱了
Then what happened?
然后发生了什么
So, then my son tells me that a man approached him
我儿子跟我说在幼儿园
at his preschool and he was asking him about his mommy.
有个男的接近他,问他妈妈的事
About what time she was coming to pick him up
问他几点钟妈妈会来接他
and when his birthday was. His birthday?
他的生日是哪天,他的生日
Yes. And then he asked him what he wanted for his birthday.
是的,还问他想要什么生日礼物
And when my son started to walk away, the man said that
我儿子要走开的时候,他又说
"Maybe your mommy was working too hard
可能你妈妈工作太卖力
to be there for your birthday."
撑不到给你过生日了
You gave the police a description?
你向警察说明情况了吗
Yes.
是的
And the Department of Justice is offering you security
司法部也会给你和你的儿子
for your son and yourself?
提供安保服务
Yes, yes, Your Honor.
是的,法官阁下
But that-that-that's not the issue here!
但这都不是问题的关键
I know. Thank you.
我知道,谢谢
I... Mrs. Florrick, to your knowledge,
我...福瑞克夫人,据你所知
has anyone from Mr. Bishop's organization
毕夏普先生的组织中有没有任何人
attempted to intimidate the AUSA's family?
试图恐吓助理检察官的家人
No, Your Honor.
没有,法官阁下
Of course she doesn't know.
她当然不会知道
Mrs. Florrick, to your knowledge,
福瑞克夫人,据你所知
has anyone from Mr. Bishop's
毕夏普先生的组织中
organization intimidated witnesses?
有没有任何人对证人进行了恐吓
Not to my knowledge.
据我所知没有
This is a lie!
她在说谎
Excuse me, Your Honor,
对不起,法官阁下
I am appalled by what happened to Ms. Lawrence.
我对发生在劳伦斯女士身上的事深感震惊
Thanks.
谢了
But we have no proof that
但我们并没有证据证明
my client had anything to do with this.
这与我的当事人有任何关系
What other cases is Ms. Lawrence pursuing?
劳伦斯女士手头还在处理什么案子
Oh, come on! You are a mother!
不是吧,你也是位母亲啊
I mean, what if this happened to your kids?
这要是发生在你孩子身上呢
Okay... intimidating witnesses is a disbarrable offense.
好了,恐吓证人足以取消你的律师资格
You know that. It's also illegal.
你知道的,那同样也是违法的
I'm not saying it happened.
我不是说它真的发生了
I'm not saying anything other than:
我只是说
if you have any knowledge
如果你知道任何有关恐吓的事
of any such intimidation, or if you so much as wink at it,
或者如果你只是默许了这种行为
you are subject to arrest.
我们有权逮捕你
Do you understand that?
你明白吗
I do understand that.
我明白
Good. Then everyone can go.
很好,你们可以走了
Thank you.
谢谢
When did you sell your soul?
你什么时候把灵魂也出卖了
Okay, um, I was supposed to come in earlier this morning,
好的,我本来是约了早些时候来的
but your human resources people called and they canceled;
但你们人事部的人跟我说面试取消了
and then they called me back and they said,
然后他们又打电话过来说
"Come in right now."
"立马过来"
And I said, "I'm not dressed."
我说"我还没穿好衣服"
'Cause I was babysitting for my sister's kids.
因为当时我正在照看我姐姐的孩子
This, uh, that's not baby vomit, by the way.
说一下,这不是婴儿的呕吐物
Um, I usually, I dress pretty nice.
我通常穿着很得体
Um, more like a college student, you know?
更像一个大学生
And you were a Treasury Enforcement Agent?
你以前是财政部执法人员
Two years. I liked it.
干了两年,我挺喜欢那份工作
People were really nice.
同事都很好
Um, but, you know, it's a bit stiff.
但你懂的,有点枯燥
The thing is, Ms. Burdine,
问题时,伯丁小姐
uh, we have a particular tone here.
我们这里有特殊的格调
I can do tone. I have a much better tone.
我可以有格调,我的格调可以好很多
Uh, maybe I should come back tomorrow better dressed.
也许我该明天穿好点再来
Do you usually work alone or with someone else?
你一般独立工作还是与人合作呢
Oh, we usually worked solo.
我们一般独立做事
But if you want me to work with someone,
但如果你想让我跟人合作
I can do that. I'm good. I'm there.
没问题,我很擅长合作,时刻准备着
A bachelor's in criminal justice from the University of Illinois
伊利诺伊大学刑事司法学士
and a minor in dance?
辅修舞蹈?
Yeah. Ballet.
对,芭蕾舞
Oh, my parents they threw a fit.
我父母为此大发雷霆
Um, they are reformed hippies.
他们是改良派嬉皮士
Eight kids in an RV.
在一辆房车里养大8个孩子
Uh, but I liked the criminal justice thing anyway.
但我就是喜欢刑事司法那些东西
I like to figure out why people do bad things.
想弄清楚为什么人会做坏事
Are you serious?
你们说真的吗
Look at her resume.
看她的简历
The Treasury put her on tracking terrorist financing.
财政部让她追查恐怖分子的财务
Yes, when they took her off of it...
是,但他们辞掉她时...
No, she quit.
是她自己辞职的
And that's a good thing?
那算是好事吗
Look, I know she's a different choice,
我知道她是个不同寻常的选择
Kalinda was a different choice.
凯琳达曾经也是
There were five ex-cops out in that reception,
当初和她一起来面试的五个人
and one Kalinda. You remember?
都是前警官,记得吗
I see. So this is about Kalinda.
我知道了,这都是为了凯琳达
You two are arguing for her
你们想雇她
because you know she won't challenge Kalinda?
是因为知道她不会挑战凯琳达?
No. I think investigators work best
不,我认为越是让人
when you don't see them coming.
意想不到的调查员,能力越强
When they walk into your business
那种面试时穿得
and they look like a babysitter and not an ex-cop.
像个保姆而不是前警官的往往才最好
I am arguing for her because she won't challenge Kalinda.
我为她说话是因为她不会挑战凯琳达
They're more likely to work well together.
她们更有可能合作愉快
That's a good thing.
那样很好
Take her on for a month.
试用她一个月
Let Kalinda train her. If we don't like the results,
让凯琳达带她,如果结果我们不喜欢
we'll go with one of the sergeants.
我们就请个警官来
Did you have someone threaten Liz Lawrence?
你找人威胁莉兹·劳伦斯了吗
Did...? Who's that?
什么...那是谁
Liz Lawrence. Our opponent.
莉兹·劳伦斯,我们的对手
The AUSA?
那个联邦助理检察官
Did you have someone follow her kid to school
你找人跟踪她的孩子去学校
and threaten her family?
威胁她家人了吗
I thought you didn't like her.
我以为你不喜欢她呢
I don't. Did you have someone threaten her family?
我不喜欢,你找人威胁她家人了吗
No.
没有
I won't stand for it, Mr. Lester.
我不会容忍这种事,莱斯特先生
Well, good for you!
了不起
I said no.
我说了没有
We don't need to play a tough guy's game.
我们不必用强硬手段
There are other ways to win this.
我们有别的办法取胜
Mrs. Florrick, I'm not sure
福瑞克夫人,我不确定
how many other ways there are to say this!
还有什么方式来表达这点
I haven't done anything wrong.
我没有做任何错事
I read up on your work with the Grozzi family.
我研究过你为格罗兹家做的事
Deaths and assassinations
死亡和暗杀
all after you joined the defense team.
都是在你加入辩护团队后开始的
Really?
真的吗
And I've read up on your work with Colin Sweeney.
我也研究过你为科林·斯威尼做的事
Another woman dead after you joined his team.
你加入他的团队后又死了个女人
Defense attorneys are in the business
辩护律师的工作
of being misunderstood, Mrs. Florrick.
总是容易被误解的,福瑞克夫人
You should know that.
你应该知道
I'd like to handle Dexter's interview alone.
我想独自访问迪克斯特
I don't think that would be wise.
我觉得那是不明智的
Mr. Bishop...
毕夏普先生...
Is my client, not yours.
是我的客户,不是你的
He's advised you to bring me along.
他建议你与我合作
Are you saying I don't have an option?
你是说我没得选吗
I'm saying he's advised you to bring me along, that's all.
我是说他建议你与我合作,仅此而已
Let's be friends.
我们还是做朋友吧
Look, Bishop is my boy.
毕夏普是我哥们
I don't want to testify against him,
我也不想作证指控他
but I don't have a choice.
但我没得选
So the AUSA is pressuring you to testify?
联邦助理检察官给你施压,要你作证?
They found my DNA on Christina's body.
他们在克里斯汀娜身上发现了我的DNA
Under her fingernails.
就在她指甲里
Strange they're not going after you for the murder.
他们不起诉你谋杀真是奇怪
They agreed, in exchange for my testimony,
他们同意只要我作证
they wouldn't prosecute me.
就不起诉我
They said that they found your DNA under her fingernails?
他们说在她指甲里发现了你的DNA?
And I don't know how it happened.
我不知道怎么会这样
We were sleeping together.
我们的确上过床
I didn't kill her.
但我没杀她
It's true. Seth De Luca is thinking of leaving us.
是真的,赛斯·德·卢卡在考虑换律所
That's why he paid his bill in full.
所以他才付清了帐
Do we know who else is in the mix for his business?
知道是谁在抢他的业务吗
Uh, he didn't say.
他没说
He didn't say, but you can guess?
他没说,但你能猜到吗
No.
猜不到
But you asked?
但你问了吧
Yeah. And what did he say?
对,他怎么说
Uh, he didn't say.
什么也没说
Kalinda, what am I missing here?
凯琳达,你是怎么回事
Well, he's looking into small start-up firms.
他想找一家刚起步的小律所
One-man firms. That's all.
个人律所,就是这样
But what firms?
但能找哪家
John Michaels closed shop. Who else is out there?
约翰·麦克已经关门了,还能有谁
Is it one of our lawyers? Someone from our staff?
是我们的律师吗,我们职员里的人
No.
不是
Okay, let's give him a call. Thanks.
好,我们给他打个电话吧,谢谢
Oh, one more thing, Kalinda.
还有件事,凯琳达
We have some good news.
我们有好消息告诉你
I know you've been stretched a little thin lately.
我知道你最近被拉扯得很辛苦
We thought adding another investigator could help.
我们觉得增加一名调查员能帮到你
Her name's Robyn Burdine.
她叫罗宾·伯丁
She's from the Treasury.
从财政部出来的
Very young, very green.
很年轻,是个菜鸟
She's never worked at a law firm before.
她从没在律所工作过
We'd like you to train her.
我们希望你能教教她
Train her?
教她
Uh, yes.
对
In what?
教什么
What you do.
你的工作
If you're up for it.
如果你愿意的话
And if I'm not?
如果我不愿意呢
Well, unfortunately, the firm is growing.
很遗憾,律所在成长
Uh, we need more hands on deck, so...
我们需要更多人手,所以...
we're asking you as a favor.
我们是在请你帮忙
Okay.
好吧
Why does everything feel like we're pulling teeth here?
为什么每件事都像拔牙一样艰难
The family's growing.
家族要扩张了
As long as we got each other
只要我们还有彼此
We got the world spinning right in our hands
我们就能牢牢掌握世界
Oh, dear God. Growing Pains.
上帝,《成长的烦恼》主题曲耶
The luckiest dreamers who never quit dreaming
最幸运的梦想家从未放弃梦想
As long as we keep on...
只要我们坚持...
You're Kalinda?
你是凯琳达
Yep. Hi. Robyn.
对,我是罗宾
Hi.
你好
I know, I can't believe they hired me either.
我知道,我也不敢相信他们雇了我
You were a Treasury agent?
你之前是财政部工作人员
Yeah. People here sure must have a lot of money for clothes.
对,这里的人真有钱买衣服啊
I've never seen clothes like this.
我从没见过这么炫丽的服装
Okay, so the AUSA is claiming
联邦助理检察官说
Dexter's skin cells were found.
发现了迪克斯特的皮肤细胞
Hello. Hi. Um, Robyn Burdine.
你好,我是罗宾·伯丁
I'm the other investigator.
另一个调查员
Really?
真的吗
The other investigator?
另一名调查员
What do you need, Cary?
你需要什么,凯里
Uh... what was I saying?
我...说到哪了
Uh, the AUSA is claiming that Dexter's skin cells were...
联邦助理检察官说迪克斯特的皮肤细胞
Yes.
对
Dexter's skin cells were found
发现了迪克斯特的皮肤细胞
underneath the victim's nails,
就在受害人的指甲里
and the AUSA is using that
而联邦助理检察官利用那点
as a way to intimidate Dexter into testifying.
胁迫迪克斯特出庭作证
So we're looking for a way to knock it out.
我们要找个办法击倒这点
Okay.
好
You have a sidekick now? Batman.
你现在有你的罗宾了,蝙蝠侠
You need to cool it.
你得悠着点
Need to cool what?
悠着点什么
Will and Diane asked me to find out
威尔和戴安让我去查我们的客户
if our client Seth De Luca was pursuing another firm.
赛斯·德·卢卡是不是想换律所
You talked to Seth?
你和赛斯聊过了
I did. And he said that you solicited him.
是的,他说你招揽过他
I didn't go out of my way to solicit him.
不是我千方百计要招揽他
He was complaining about overbilling.
他在抱怨被多收钱
Yeah, but you mentioned you
但你提到了
were going out on your own.
你要自立门户
Might be going out on my own.
也许会自立门户
Cary, if they find out,
凯里,如果他们发现
they'll fire you.
会开除你的
Did you tell them?
你告诉他们了吗
No.
没有
You didn't?
没有吗
No, I didn't.
没有
Thank you.
谢谢你
Don't do it again.
别再这么做了
I'm serious.
我是认真的
Tell me what you're looking for, and I'll help.
告诉我你在找什么,我帮你
Look...
听着...
Oh... just... huh.
只是...惊讶一下
Let's just keep our huhs to ourselves, okay?
我们还是把惊讶留给自己吧,好吗
Okay.
好
Denatonium.
苯甲地那铵
What about it?
怎么了
It's in her system-- it's a bittering agent.
她身体里有,是种苦味剂
Was she poisoned?
她被毒死的吗
No. Shot.
不是,枪杀
There's not enough here to be poisoned, anyway.
反正这些量也不够毒死人
What?
怎么了
Nail-biting.
咬指甲
Nail-biting?
咬指甲
Yeah, that makes sense--
对,那就说通了
lots of women put Denatonium on their nails to keep from biting.
很多女人涂苯甲地那铵以防自己咬指甲
Your Honor, this is coercion, pure and simple.
法官阁下,这是强迫,显而易见
Give me a break.
拜托
The medical examiner confirmed that skin cells were never collected
法医证实从未在受害者的指甲里
from underneath the victim's fingernails,
采集到皮肤细胞
because there were no fingernails.
因为受害者没有指甲
There were no fingernails?
没有指甲
The victim was a nail-biter.
受害者有咬指甲的习惯
Your Honor, this report is the height of irrelevancy.
法官阁下,报告完全与案情无关
No, this report means the AUSA threatened the witness.
不,报告说明联邦助理检察官威胁证人
Your Honor... She threatened Dexter Roja with information she knew
法官阁下,她用明知错误的信息
to be false in order to coerce him into testifying.
要挟迪克斯特·罗哈作证
Your Honor, this defense is based on smears.
法官阁下,这种辩护完全是诽谤
Dexter Roja is one of Mr. Bishop's lieutenants...
迪克斯特·罗哈是毕夏普先生的手下
Health club managers.
是健身房经理
His testimony is vital to our case.
他的证词对我们的案子至关重要
Yes, but Ms.-Ms. Lawrence has accused us of intimidating witnesses.
对,但劳伦斯女士指控我们胁迫证人
Shouldn't she be held to the same standard?
难道她不该受同样的标准约束吗
Yes, she should.
是的,她应该
Threatening a witness with lies in order to get him to testify
用谎言胁迫证人使其作证
leaves me with no other choice but to exclude said testimony.
让我别无选择,只有排除其证言
Unless you have any other witnesses,
除非你有别的证人
I am going to be forced to dismiss.
否则我不得不驳回此案了
Your Honor, the government disagrees
法官阁下,政府不同意
with your characterization of our actions,
您对我们的行为所做的定义
but we do have one more witness that we would like to call.
但是我们还有一名想要传唤的证人
A witness who will question Mr. Bishop's alibi.
将要质疑毕夏普先生不在场证明的证人
We would like to amend the witness list to include Judy Bishop,
我们要将朱迪·毕夏普加入证人名单
the sister of the accused.
被告的妹妹
Judy?
朱迪
Please don't speak to our witness.
请不要和我们的证人说话
Judy, this is wrong.
朱迪,这样不对
Now what?
现在是怎样
I have no idea.
不知道
My brother asked me to babysit Dylan.
我哥哥让我照看迪伦
He said he would only be out for a few hours.
他说他只出去几个小时
And this was the night of October 24?
是十月二十四日晚上吗
The night that Christina Diaz was killed?
克里斯汀娜·迪亚兹被杀的当晚
Yes. Mr. Bishop claims that
是的,毕夏普先生声称
he returned home from his horse farm around 9:00 p.m. that night.
那晚大约9点他就从马场回到了家中
Is that your recollection?
你记得是否是这样呢
No.
不是
He didn't return home until just before midnight.
他直到快午夜才回来
And what was Mr. Bishop's temperament when he got home?
那么毕夏普先生到家时心情如何
Uh, agitated.
焦虑不安
A little nervous.
有点紧张
He took a shower right away.
他立刻去洗了澡
And then you left?
你是那时离开的吗
He asked me how to use the washer first.
他先问了我怎么使用洗衣机
Guess he never learned how. Never had to.
我猜他从没学过怎么用,永远不用学
She's lying. She wants custody of Dylan.
她在说谎,她想要迪伦的抚养权
And what did he need to wash so urgently?
他有什么东西需要如此着急清洗呢
The clothes he was wearing.
他当时穿的衣服
Trying to get rid of evidence?
想要毁灭证据吗
Objection, Your Honor.
法官大人,反对
Sustained.
反对有效
No further questions.
没有其他问题了
Judy, two years ago,
朱迪,两年前
when your brother was getting a divorce,
当你哥哥离婚时
you wrote a character reference letter.
你写了一封推荐信
In which you called him honorable and a wonderful father.
信中你说他是可敬可亲的父亲
That was before I knew everything he was involved in.
那是在我还没了解他所做的一切之前
I didn't want to believe the rumors.
我本不想轻信谣言
I see. And what made you believe the rumors?
我明白了,那你为什么又相信谣言了呢
A young woman was shot to death.
一位年轻的女士被开枪打死
If he had a hand in it, then he needs to be punished.
如果是他做的,他就需要受到惩罚
You love your nephew very much,
你非常爱你的侄子
don't you? Like he's my own son. Yes.
是吗,对,就像他是我儿子一样
And as his guardian,
作为他的监护人
you would be petitioning for full custody
如果毕夏普先生被判有罪
if Mr. Bishop was found guilty.
你会申请完全监护权
Objection. How is this relevant?
反对,和本案无关
Your Honor, this quid pro quo
法官大人,这样的交换条件
makes this witness unreliable.
使得证人不可靠
She will say anything in order to gain custody.
为了赢得监护权,她什么都可以说
I only want what's best for Dylan.
我只想给迪伦最好的
That's all.
仅此而已
You are hurting Dylan.
你在伤害迪伦
Don't you see that?
难道你不明白吗
Your Honor, Mr. Bishop no longer has an alibi
法官大人,迪伦先生在谋杀发生时
for the time of the murder,
没有不在场证明
which we know, based on lividity,
而我们知道,根据尸斑
happened between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.
谋杀恰好发生在十月二十四日
on the night of the 24th.
晚九点至十一点
She's gonna decide against us.
她要作出不利于我们的判决
Um, Your Honor,
法官大人
given the last minute addition to the witness list,
由于临时增加了证人名单
we ask for a recess to prepare a rebuttal.
我们请求休庭以准备反证
So, how you want to handle this?
你想要怎么办
You want me to just watch?
你想让我就这么看着
Yeah?
怎么
What do you need?
你想要什么
Hi, uh, just a few questions.
有几个问题
We're from Bishop's law firm. Yeah?
我们是毕夏普的律所的人,然后
Is he gonna get out?
他会被释放吗
Well, we're working on it.
我们在努力
Look, Mr. Bishop claims that he was here
毕夏普声称十月二十四日
arount 9:00 p.m. on the night
谋杀发生当晚九点
of the murder, October the 24th.
他在这里
Is there a chance anyone might have seen him?
有没有可能其他人看到了他
Nah, we're all long gone by 6:00 p.m.
没有,我们六点就不在了
Okay, well, I see you have security cameras.
那么,我看到你们有监控摄像头
Is there a chance
有没有可能
they might have caught something?
摄像头录下了什么
No. They weren't on the night of the 24th.
不可能,二十四号晚摄像头没打开
Feds already tried to confiscate them.
联邦探员已经试图检查了
Someone manually turned them off?
有人手动关了吗
Not sure.
不清楚
Sometimes a storm will knock 'em out.
有时候暴风雨也会让它们罢工
Uh, that gate, does it open and close
那个门,每次有人进出
every time someone comes and goes? Yeah.
它都会开关一下,是的
And that's the only way on and off the property?
那是进出这里的唯一路径吗
We asked our investigators to look into your alibi.
我们让调查员查了你的不在场证明
You said you were alone at the horse farm
你说谋杀发生时你独自一人
at the time of the murder? Yes.
在马场,是的
The electronic log at the farm,
农场的电子计程仪
it shows that someone
显示八点三十二分时
was buzzed in from inside the corral
有人从畜栏内
at 8:32 p.m.
放了人进来
Okay.
是吧
You let someone in?
你让别人进来了吗
If you did, you need to tell us.
如果是这样,你得告诉我们
Whoever you let in can alibi you.
不管是谁,都能帮你做不在场证明
Mr. Bishop,
毕夏普先生
please, we need to use this person.
拜托,我们需要这个人来作证
I had a meeting.
我当时有个会议
A meeting you didn't want caught on camera?
不想被摄像头拍到的会议
Some associates.
和一些合作人
From another... organization.
是其他,组织的
Will they corroborate your alibi?
他们能给你做不在场证明吗
It doesn't matter.
这不重要
I can't admit on the stand that I was meeting with them.
我不能在证人席上承认当晚和他们见面了
It's the only way to
那是唯一能反驳
refute your sister's testimony. No.
你妹妹证词的办法,不行
I'll lose Dylan.
我会失去迪伦
You'll have the best family law attorney in Chicago.
你会有芝加哥最好的家庭法律师
And what? Supervised visitation
然后呢,每隔一周周六
every other Saturday?
才能有一次监督探视权
We can roll the dice and go to trial.
我们可以孤注一掷进行庭审
But your sister's testimony will be damaging.
但是你妹妹的证词非常不利
What do you think?
你怎么想
I think you know
我想你知道
what you have to do.
自己该做什么
Good work on that horse farm.
马场的事干得漂亮
I think it might turn things around.
我想可能会扭转局面
And, uh...
还有
talked to Seth De Luca.
我和赛斯·德·卢卡谈了
He's not going to say anything to Will and Diane, so...
他不会对威尔和戴安说什么,所以
Good.
很好
Yeah.
对
Thanks for that.
谢谢
Warning me.
提醒我
Ah, it's all in a day's work.
这都是日常工作
No.
不是
It wasn't.
不是的
Wasn't in a day's work.
不是日常的工作
Okay...
好吧
Cary, what do you want?
凯里,你想要什么
No.
不行
Why?
为什么
Because you want more,
因为你想要更多
and I can't give you more.
而我不能给你更多
Because of women?
因为女人
No.
不是
Because we work together?
因为我们在一起工作
Yeah. Well, I'm thinking of leaving, so...
是的,我在考虑离开,所以
Well, then, say something nice.
那么说点好听的
You look great.
你看起来很美
The way that your hair hangs...
你的头发这样...
All right.
好了
What?
干嘛
Just said, "Hey."
只是打个招呼
Any word on Bishop?
有毕夏普的消息吗
Not yet.
暂时还没
Alicia's heading out to court.
艾丽西娅在去法庭的路上
Okay.
好吧
That's that.
就这样
Hello, Judy.
你好,朱迪
You mind if I come in?
你介意我进来吗
Please, no more mission statements.
拜托,别再说什么使命宣言了
What are we toasting?
我们为什么要喝酒
We never celebrated.
我们从来不庆祝的
When things go right,
当一切顺利
you need to celebrate.
就得庆祝
But what are we celebrating?
但是我们在庆祝什么呢
We came back from the dead.
起死回生
To beating bankruptcy.
没有破产
Beating bankruptcy.
没有破产
We were wound up for so long,
我们紧张了很久了
we never unwound.
从来没有松懈
We breezed right through winning.
我们轻而易举赢得了胜利
What's that?
那是什么
It's for you.
给你的
It's from the 27th floor.
是27楼的
I saved it from the Dumpster.
我从垃圾装卸卡车上捡回来的
It was so close, wasn't it?
差一点,不是吗
The end.
全部结束
Our careers in ruin.
我们的事业毁于一旦
Yes. I don't want that to happen again.
是的,我不想再发生这样的事
I know. It won't.
我知道,不会了
We're smarter now, we're better at it.
我们现在更聪明了,更优秀了
I don't know if that matters.
我不知道这是否重要
It does.
很重要
Okay, I'll change my vote.
好吧,我会改变投票
Good.
很好
You're supposed to say, "You don't have to."
你应该说,"你不必"
You don't have to.
你不必
But I'm glad you did.
但是我跟高兴你这么做了
Well...
那么
Mrs. Florrick.
福瑞克夫人
How do you manage to look so refreshed
通宵之后你怎么能保持
after an all-nighter?
如此精神呢
I knew if I dug deep enough,
我知道如果我深入调查
I'd find precedents to get Judy's testimony kicked.
我能找到让朱迪证词失效的判例
And did you?
找到了吗
USA v. East.
美国诉东部案
When a prosecutor offers aid
当公诉人在民事审判中
to a witness in a civil trial
对证人提供援助
as a quid pro quo for testimony...
作为证词的交换条件
It's okay.
没事
You sold me.
你说动我了
Time to knock Liz's teeth out.
是时候打败莉兹了
All rise.
全体起立
Your Honor, I know the AUSA has not yet arrived,
法官阁下,我知道助理检察官还没来
but I have prepared a brief in support of my motion
但是我已准备好简述为何要废除
to exclude Judy Bishop's testimony.
朱迪·毕夏普的证词
That won't be necessary, Mrs. Florrick.
没必要了,福瑞克夫人
Uh, but, Your Honor...
但是,法官大人
Ms. Bishop has withdrawn her testimony.
毕夏普小姐已经撤回了证词
And, given the government's lack of evidence and witnesses,
由于政府缺乏证据和证人
I am releasing you, Mr. Bishop.
我打算释放你,毕夏普先生
Yes!
太好了
Cindy, Cindy where have you gone?
辛迪辛迪你去哪了
You wore your lipstick just to tell me good-bye
你涂上唇膏就是来跟我道别吗
And I'm blue, blue, blue without you
没有你我好忧郁忧郁