That's all that happened. I was sitting over there, minding my...
事情就是这样,我坐在那里,想着...
Sir, all I'm asking...
先生,我只想问...
all I'm asking... I did nothing wrong.
我只想问,我没什么错
And I didn't say you did anything wrong.
我也没说你做错了
There was no sign saying I couldn't sit in that area.
没有任何指示牌说我不能坐在那里
I just need to know what the problem was back there.
我只想知道到底出了什么问题
The problem was I'm black.
问题就是我是黑人
Hey, sir. No, seriously, all I was doing was
先生,是真的,我只是...
I need you to calm down. - sitting there until it was time
请您冷静一下,坐在那里一直到
to pick up my wife and kids. Sir?
我该去接我妻儿的时间,先生
What's happening, buddy?
怎么了,哥们
Nothing, I've got to go pick up my wife and kids.
没事,我要去接我妻子和孩子
No, you're under arrest. What? I-I didn't do anything wrong.
不行,你被捕了,什么,我什么都没干
Put your hands behind your back. Please take your hands off me.
双手放背后,请别碰我
Put your hands behind your back.
双手放背后
Hey, I did nothing wrong, all right?
我又没做错事,好吗
Don't make me use this. Oh, now you're gonna shoot me?
别逼我用这个,你想开枪打我吗
I said... For what? For...
我说了,凭什么,凭...
No, don't do it.
不要,别这样
No!
不要
No! Oh, my God!
不,上帝啊
You're killing me. Cole!
你杀了我,科尔
Tonight, a jury continues to hear evidence
今晚,陪审团将继续关于
about the death of Cole Willis.
科尔·威利斯致死案的听证
Willis' death at the hands of two police officers,
威利斯死于两名警官之手
Michael and Trenton, places Chicago
分别名为迈克尔和特伦顿
on a growing list of cities protesting racial injustice
这一事件使芝加哥也像其它诸多城市一样
by local law enforcement.
爆发针对执法部门种族歧视的抗议
You'll definitely be asked about this.
你绝对会被问到这件事
Are these two cops guilty of, you know,
这两位警察是否犯有
involuntary manslaughter?
过失杀人罪
Well, I can't comment on it-- the trial's still going on.
我不予置评,目前还在审理中
It's not still going on.
也不尽然
I have a friend in the courthouse.
我在法院有个朋友
The judge just finished jury instructions.
法官刚刚对陪审团做出了指示
Geez, talk about the luck.
天哪,真够走运的
Well, I still can't comment on it.
可我还是不能做出评论
Uh, Prady won't have any problem commenting on it--
普拉迪肯定会毫不犹豫地做出评论
he wants the black vote, he will play up the,
他想要黑人投票,他会使出浑身解数
you know, the blah-blah-blah.
你懂的,各种那啥
Here, let me take the jacket.
来,外套给我
Excuse me, can you do this another time?
抱歉,你不能待会再搞吗
She goes on in 20 minutes. When do you advise I take in the arms?
20分钟后她就上台了,你觉得我该什么时候搞
If you want something to eat, I can make you a sandwich.
你要是想吃点东西,我可以做点三明治
No, nothing to eat, it'll make her want to throw up onstage.
什么都不要吃,不然她在台上会想吐
How about peanuts?
花生酱好不好
No, now go away, crazy lady!
不要,走开,疯女人
Okay, okay, okay, just listen.
好了好了,听好了
You show support to the police,
你应该表现出对警察的支持
but you also argue the best way to support the police...
但你也应坚持对警察最好的支持方法就是...
And let's lose the necklace.
把项链取下来吧
It's less fussy. Why didn't you do this before?
显得很大方,这些你之前怎么不做好呢
I need to see it on the body.
我得看看上身后的效果吧
Okay, we have 18 minutes to go, let's hold it together.
行了,还剩18分钟,咱们再坚持一下
Josh, step away for a second.
乔希,你先离开一下
Me. I'm the only one doing my job.
我,干活的人就只有我一个
Okay, take a breath. Where's Jon?
好,深呼吸,约翰呢
Who? Elfman.
谁,艾尔夫曼
Oh, I don't know.
不知道
He'll be here. Why?
他会来的,怎么了
Never mind.
算了
Take a breath.
深呼吸
Okay, the bad news is you're six points down.
坏消息是你落后了六个点
The good news is this is your chance to take it to him.
好消息是这是你击败他的好机会
Okay?
明白
Prady won't be expecting it.
普拉迪肯定料不到
We've lowered expectations.
我们降低了预期
So don't be afraid to interrupt him.
所以别怕打断他讲话
Tell him, "That's not true!"
就跟他讲,"这不对"
She's eight points down.
她现在落后了八个点
She needs to shake you.
她肯定会来动摇你
She'll interrupt you, try to get you to insist on the rules.
她会打断你谈话,让你过于循规蹈矩
But don't rise to the bait.
千万别上当
Right, just roll with the punches, you're the frontrunner.
只要以柔克刚就好,领先的人是你
Give off the air of the frontrunner,
释放出领先者的气场来
she'll look desperate.
她会很疯狂的
He's a stickler for rules.
他很坚持原则
He'll complain to the moderator,
他会向主持人抱怨
and that'll make him look small.
这样会让他看起来很小气
Uh-oh, you're getting a call from work, a client.
有你电话,客户打来的
No, not right now.
现在不行
What are you doing? We're in countdown mode.
你干吗呢,我们现在都进入倒计时了
She has to focus. They say it's important.
她得集中注意力,他们说这事很重要
Okay, just take a message, I'll call them back.
让他们留个言吧,我会再打回去的
It's Neil Gross.
是尼尔·格罗斯
I have to take it.
我得接一下
He's our biggest client.
他是我们最大的客户
Just give me a second. Alicia!
一下下就好,艾丽西娅
What's the problem, Mr. Gross?
怎么了,格罗斯先生
Yeah, they're saying $30 million.
他们要3000万
$30 million.
3000万啊
I thought I said no higher than $15 million.
我想我说过不能超过1500万
Uh, you did say $15 million.
你是说过1500万
Who's saying $30 million?
谁说要3000万了
I don't know, some guy, your lawyer.
我不知道,你们的某个律师
I don't even know who he is.
我都不知道他是谁
Um, Evan? Oh, Evan.
伊万,伊万啊
Yeah, he's a... he's a good lawyer.
对,他是个...他是个好律师
Yeah, well, you need to protect me-I have a prenup.
你们应该保护我的利益,我有婚前协议
I don't know why I'm paying an arm and a leg.
我不明白为什么要我出这么多钱
Just so you know, Alicia, I'm thinking about leaving.
我跟你讲,艾丽西娅,我在考虑走人了
Oh, don't do that, Mr. Gross.
别这样,格罗斯先生
Why? You're running for office.
为什么,你正忙着竞选州检
I don't even... I don't even recognize these people.
我甚至都...都不认识那些人
Come on, get your clothes on. Okay,
来,快穿上衣服,好吧
let me look into it, and I'll get back to you.
我查一下,我会再打给您
Good.
很好
I'm unhappy.
我很不高兴
Let's put this down here,
把这个放下来
we don't want to make it look like you're trying too hard.
不能让你看起来太过刻意
There's been a last-minute change-- we need to show you something.
最后有点变动,你得看一下
All right, I just need a second.
好,我需要一点时间
Alicia, it's eight minutes until you go on.
艾丽西娅,还有八分钟你就上场了
And they changed the clock.
他们换了计时器
You know, the, uh, the, um, you know, countdown thing.
你知道的,就是倒计时的那个
It's digital now. Okay, I'll tell her,
现在是数字显示,我跟她讲
I'll tell her. I need you to see it...
我会跟她讲的,你需要看着...
Can I have Diane or Cary, please? It's digital now.
能帮我接戴安或凯里吗,现在是数字的了
Ah, thank you, thank you so much.
谢谢,非常感谢
I have to confess, I feel like I'm 60 years older.
我得承认我一下子老了六十岁
But I've missed this, Diane?
但我很是想念,戴安
I miss just-just being,
我很想念这样
talking about something other than going to prison.
随意聊着天而不是关进大狱
Um, but, uh, yeah, it's been...
不过呢,这样...
It's Alicia. I'm back now and I'm ready to pitch in,
是艾丽西娅,我回来了,准备好投入工作
so whatever you guys need, just...
所以大家无论有什么需要,只要...
Alicia, how are you?
艾丽西娅,你好吗
I think you're going on in about two minutes.
我以为你没两分钟就快上场了吧
Yes, um, look, I just got a call from Neil Gross.
是这样,我刚刚接到尼尔·格罗斯的电话
He's very upset about his divorce settlement.
他对他的离婚协议十分不满
He called you? Why?
他给你打电话了,怎么了
He said that Evan is offering $30 million
他说伊万出了3000万的价
and he's threatening to leave the firm.
他威胁说要离开咱们律所
Well, this is a surprise to me.
这我倒是不知道
We agreed to go no higher than $15 million.
我们之前商量好不能超过1500万的
I know. There could be a chance that Evan is freelancing.
我知道,可能是伊万自作主张了
Look, I have to go on, could you take care of it?
我得上场了,你能处理一下吗
Uh, yes. Good luck, kick ass.
好,祝你好运,打败对方
Kalinda, do you have a minute?
凯琳达,你有时间吗
One second. What's wrong?
等一下,怎么了
I think you may need to suit up sooner than you expected.
我想你要比预计得更早一点整装待发了
My client is ruined, sir.
我的当事人被毁了,先生
She's not "Ruined."
她没有被毁吧
She has the house in Brentwood,
她在布伦特伍德有房产
the apartment in San Francisco.
旧金山有公寓
Emotionally ruined, scarred, distraught.
是感情上被毁了,伤痕累累,悲痛欲绝
You slept with my best friend, I can't believe it.
你跟我最好的朋友上床,我真是难以置信
You slept with my competitor.
你还跟我的对手上床呢
That was a pre-existing relationship.
那是一段旧情好吧
Which you then renewed. Where are we, Evan?
但你又再续前缘了,说到哪儿了,伊万
We're agreeing on an amount.
我们协定了一定的数额
And we said $30 million isn't enough.
我方表示3000万不够
$30 million? How did we get to $30 million?
3000万,怎么就成3000万了
We didn't get to $30 million,
我们没同意3000万
your lawyer offered $30 million, and we said that wasn't enough.
你们的律师提出了3000万,我们说不够
Why did you offer $30 million?
你为什么要3000万
I'll show you why.
我会让你看到原因
Photos.
照片
You may want to avert your eyes, dear.
也许你会想回避一下目光哦,亲爱的
This is you, Mr. Gross, in bed with your ski instructor.
格罗斯先生,这张是你跟你的滑雪教练在床上
That's why your new head of family law,
所以你的家庭法律部新负责人
the one you promoted after I left,
就是我离开后你提拔的这位
offered $30 million to settle.
提出3000万和解
Because these photos will not look good on TMZ.
因为这些照片如果上了名人八卦网会很不好看
That's intimidation, Mr. Lee.
这是恐吓,李先生
A class three felony. Yes, if I indeed threatened you,
三级重罪,是,如果我真威胁了你的话
but I did not. I just know
但我没有,我只是知道
how salacious photos tend to find their way onto the Web.
艳照很容易被传上网
Evan's always been our toughest negotiator.
伊万一直是我们这边最强硬的谈判律师
I don't understand.
我真是想不通了
What changed?
怎么回事
Did David Lee hire Evan originally?
当初是大卫·李聘用他的吗
You think he's intimidated by his old boss?
你觉得他是害怕自己的老上司
I think he might be. No.
我觉得有这个可能,不可能
Could you give me a half hour?
你能给我半小时吗
Why? What's going on?
怎么了,发生什么事了
I think that David Lee is offering him a job,
我觉得大卫·李要给他一份工作
but Evan's too afraid to bite the hand that will feed him.
而伊万不敢对未来老板下手太狠
Okay, so we put a pause in the negotiation,
好吧,那么我们先暂停谈判
see if we should replace Evan.
看看是否需要换掉伊万
What? I've missed this.
怎么了,我好怀念这样
All the usual disasters.
所有的日常麻烦
Do you want some water? You should hydrate.
你要喝水吗,你得补补水
Chris Matthews. I am so glad to be doing this.
克里斯·马修斯,我很高兴能来做主持
Oh, hello, I'm so glad you could.
你好,我也很高兴你能来
With you two running for State's Attorney,
你们两位竞选州检察官
how could I not?
我怎能错过呢
I'll see you out there. See you out there.
外面见吧,外面见
Okay, I know, three minutes till you're on.
好了,距离你上场还有三分钟
Here are the key points again.
再重复一遍要点
Okay, wait, wait, we've got a problem.
等下,等下,出了个问题
I just got a call from one of the reporters,
我从一位记者那里接到电话
and we got to think fast.
我们得快想辙
Which one? Patrick Mancini.
哪一位,帕特里克·曼奇尼
With the, um, Middeleton Herald.
《米德尔顿先驱报》的
He's the one on the end right there.
就是坐在最右边的那个
He's a real jackass. What does he want?
他是个真小人,他想要什么
He's, uh...
他...
got photos of the governor with Ramona Lytton.
有州长和拉蒙娜·利顿的照片
Leaving her apartment.
州长从她公寓离开的照片
From when? When were they taken?
什么时候,他们什么时候拍到的
Uh, two days ago.
两天前
He plans on making that his first question.
他第一个问题准备问那个
Eli, what is going on?
伊莱,现在情况怎么样了
I thought he broke it off.
我以为他已经分手了
Yeah, stuck it in and broke it off.
是的,他先陷进去,然后分了手
Okay, let's not jump to conclusions.
好了,咱们不要急着下结论
I will talk to him, but in the meantime,
我会和他谈的,不过,与此同时
I wouldn't rise to the bait.
我也不会上别人的钩
How do we not rise to the bait? He's got the whole thing documented.
我们怎么不上钩,人家证据确凿
Let my office deal with this-- defer to us.
让我办公室的人来处理吧,交给我们了
We've got three minutes.
我们还有三分钟
Uh, Alicia, you're getting a call.
艾丽西娅,你有电话
No, not now. Uh, from the governor.
不行,现在没空,是州长打来的
Don't take it.
别接
He probably got a call from Mancini, too.
他可能也接到了曼奇尼的电话
There is nothing you can say right now
你现在没什么好说的
that'll make this any easier.
于事无补
Just try and relax.
放宽心态,尽力而为吧
I'm away from my phone at the moment,
我现在不方便接电话
so please leave a message.
有事请留言
Are you ready, Mr. Governor?
您准备好了吗,州长
Yes, I am, Pastor.
我准备好了,牧师
And I want to thank you for inviting me.
谢谢您邀请我来
No, it's best if we can all talk with one voice.
不用谢,如果咱们能统一意见就最好了
Yes. The fate of Officers Michael and Trenton
是的,迈克尔和特伦顿警官的命运
are now in the hands of a jury.
现在正掌握在陪审团的手中
Um, can you just give me one second?
能再等我一小会儿吗
Eli, where are you?
伊莱,你在哪儿
Coming to you.
正往你那儿去
Don't answer any questions about Ramona.
不要回答任何关于拉蒙娜的问题
They have photos of the two of you.
他们手里有你俩的照片
From when?
什么时候的
Two nights ago.
两天前的夜里
Have they asked Alicia about it?
他们问艾丽西娅了吗
Not yet, but they may in the debate.
还没有,不过他们可能会在辩论的时候问
Just don't answer any calls, let me work on this for a while.
不要接任何电话,这件事交给我来处理
It's Bill Duncan.
是比尔·邓肯
Oh, great, it's reached full saturation.
太好了,现在掺合这事的人算到齐了
Mr. Governor, I'll be there in a minute.
州长先生,我马上就到
Bill, hey.
比尔,你好
What are you hearing about the verdict?
你判决那边有什么情况
What?
什么
No.
没有
Are you serious? We are on the verge of a race riot.
你认真的吗,我们已经面临种族暴动边缘了
And you're asking me about the governor's sex life?!
你却还在这儿问我州长的性生活
Race riot?
种族暴动?
Really?
真的吗
No, I will not dignify that.
不,回答这问题太掉价了
Just call me again when you get serious.
你想清楚了再打给我吧
Yep, black people.
对呀,黑人
Just can't help themselves, can they?
就是爱冲动,是吧
I'm not saying you'll riot.
我不是说你要发动暴动
Oh, thanks. Well, you're not like other...
谢谢,你和其他...
...people. What other people?
其他人不一样,什么人
Black people? No.
黑人吗,不是
What, am I not black enough?
你是说我不够黑是吗
No... y-yes...
不是...是...
You're more suburban.
你比较有层次
Why am I even here?
为什么叫我一起来
What?
什么
Eli, you never want me out of the office.
伊莱,你从来不想让我离开办公室
Tonight?
今晚呢
You wanted me with you.
你却让我和你在一起
I thought it was just a perk of the job.
我以为只是让你加点工作呢
Okay.
好吧
Well, I'm your black shield tonight, okay?
今晚我是你的黑人护卫,可以了吗
It's Roger Hailman.
罗杰·海尔曼打来的
Yeah, he's my friend at the courthouse.
是的,他是我在法院那边的朋友
Roger, hey, what's up?
罗杰,怎么样了
Ladies and gentlemen, please take your seats.
女士们,先生们,请就坐
We go live in 90 seconds.
我们将在九十秒后开始直播
You can't defer to governor's office.
你不能按照州长办公室的意见来
That's like throwing the "You know" to the sharks.
这件事就是明摆着的
I agree, but what does she say?
我同意,可是她要怎么说
All marriages have their, uh, their blah-blahs, their trials.
所有的婚姻里都有些不为人知的事
That's acknowledging the premise of the question.
那就等于承认了问题的背景是真的
He slept with prostitutes.
他和妓女出轨
I think the premise has been acknowledged.
我以为这已经众所周知了
"What does this have to do with my job as state's attorney?"
"这些与我竞选州检察官有什么关系吗"
How is that not accepting the premise of the question?
这么说怎么就不算承认问题背景是真的了
Questioning the question.
反问回去
Okay, guys, guys.
好了,各位
I am gonna say it's none of their business.
我要说的是,这不关他们的事
It is their business, and that'll make you look defensive.
当然关,而且那样会让你看起来防御心太强
Say Peter and you have to trust each other.
就说彼得和你需要信任对方
No, she'll look like a doormat.
不,那样会显得像个受气包
Can you let me finish?
你能让我把话说完吗
What?
什么
Dad just texted me. He can't get ahold of you.
爸爸刚才给我发短信,他联系不上你
The last one we want to hear from right now is the governor.
现在我们最不想听到的就是州长的消息
No, the jury is coming in.
不是,是陪审团回来了
What, wait, what?
什么,等等
The Cole Willis jury is coming in right now.
科尔·威利斯案的陪审团真在回法庭上
They just went out, are you kidding me?
他们刚刚出去,你开什么玩笑
They deliberated for ten minutes.
他们刚讨论了十分钟
Well, we need a response, they're gonna ask... See, look.
我们需要一个回答,他们会问,看
Okay, if they find the cops guilty...
好吧,如果他们定警察有罪
They're not gonna find the cops guilty.
他们不会定警察有罪的
Not after ten minutes of blah-ing.
他们只说了十分钟废话
If the verdict comes back not guilty,
如果判决无罪
then we have to make a comment.
我们必须要表个态
No, it's too early
不,现在说这些还太早了
we don't know where this is going yet.
我们还不知道具体情况
I'm not saying she has to come out pro-cop or anti-cop...
我不是说她必须要支持警察还是反对警察
Guys, guys.
各位,各位
Okay, thanks.
好了,谢谢
Good evening, and welcome to the debate
晚上好,欢迎来到库克县
for Cook County State's Attorney,
州检察官竞选辩论现场
coming to you from the ballroom of the Bonaventure Hotel.
这里是博纳温彻酒店的宴会厅
Remember, in terms of the affair,
记住,关于那个绯闻
the charges are unsubstantiated.
那些指控并未得到证实
And you want to handle it
你想控制事态
within the sanctity of your marriage.
同时保卫你们婚姻的圣洁
And don't get provocative with the jury verdict.
别对陪审团的裁决有过激言论
That could go either way.
情况还不确定
Don't be thrown by the countdown clock--- it's, uh, digital.
不要因为计时器紧张,计时器是数字的
Blinks green when you have ten seconds left.
当你们还剩十秒钟的时候计时器会变成绿色
Green? Why does it blink green?
绿色,为什么是绿色
Why not red? I don't know.
为什么不是红色,我不知道
To screw with us.
为了影响我们
Oh, and meet Prady halfway across the stage to shake his hand.
在台上见到普拉迪的时候过去和他握手
Your mic is live, so say,
你的话筒是现场直播的,你要说
"Good to see you, Frank."
"很高兴见到你,弗兰克"
You got it? What?
听见了吗,什么
You got it?
听见了吗
"Good to see you, Frank."
"很高兴见到你,弗兰克"
And now I'd like to introduce the two candidates,
现在,我为大家介绍两位候选人
Alicia Florrick and Frank Prady.
艾丽西娅·福瑞克和弗兰克·普拉迪
Good luck, you'll be great.
祝你好运,好好表现
Good to see you again, Alicia.
很高兴又见面了,艾丽西娅
Good to see you, too, Frank.
很高兴见到你,弗兰克
There are limits on the applause later,
辩论开始将禁止鼓掌
but for now, why don't we all give them a big hand?
不过现在,让我们给他们送上最热烈的掌声
"Take thou away from me the noise of thy songs,
"不要再用你们烦人的歌声打扰我"
"for I will not hear the melody of thy viols.
"我不会听古提琴演奏出的旋律"
"But let justice roll down as waters
"可是,请让正义的水滴滚落吧
and righteousness as a mighty stream."
汇成一条公正的大河"
Now, that's why we're here.
这就是我们聚在这里的原因
Not for the sweet words of flattery,
我们聚在这里,不是为了说什么花言巧语
but for justice, peace.
而是为了正义,为了和平
You can't get ahold of him?
你联系不上他吗
What do you mean, you can't get ahold of him?
你联系不上他是什么意思
The mayor is in New Hampshire.
市长在新罕布什尔
You're kidding.
你开什么玩笑
It's not a bad thing.
这倒未必是件坏事
Looks like rank selfishness on his part.
这会显得他很自私
Yes, except we're trying to stop a riot from happening here.
是的,但我们现在正试图阻止一场暴动
interrupt the debate...
打断辩论
All right, get me his chief of staff.
好吧,给我接他的办公室主任
I have her on hold right now.
我已经接通了
So what? He's taking a run for president?
所以呢,他要去竞选总统是吗
Eli! Sorry to keep you waiting.
伊莱,抱歉,让你久等了
This must be about the verdict.
你一定是为了审判结果吧
Yes. The governor is worried
是的,州长担心
about the mayor being indisposed.
市长可能没法处理事态
Okay, well, tell him not to worry, Eli.
好了,告诉他不用担心了,伊莱
The mayor and I have been on the phone for the last hour.
之前一小时我和市长一直在通话
Really? How'd he do that?
是吗,怎么可能
I've been watching him on a live feed at a fund-raiser in Concord.
我才看到他正在康科德一个直播募捐现场
Are you and I gonna have trouble tonight, Eli?
你我今晚会有麻烦吗,伊莱
Not unless this explodes on us.
只要事件不爆发,影响到我们
Okay, it won't explode.
好了,不会爆发的
The mayor canceled all furloughs,
市长取消了所有休假
we have 800 extra officers on the street,
现在有八百名支援警力带着防暴装备
in riot gear, with tear gas.
和催泪瓦斯守在街上
They're going full Ferguson on this, sir.
他们完全准备以弗格森事件的手段处理
Oh, come on, Eli, this is hardly an equivalent situation.
得了,伊莱,这可不是一回事
Put me on with her.
让我和她说话
Hold on.
等一下
Hello, Franny.
你好,弗兰妮
Listen to me. Can you hear me?
听我说,你能听到吗
Uh, yes, Mr. Governor. How are you this evening?
可以,州长先生,您今晚过得还好吗
I'm fine. I'm at the interdenominational conference downtown
我很好,我在市中心参加一个宗教联合会议
and I need you to get your ass down here right now,
我需要你马上给我过来
or I'm gonna drag the mayor through the mud.
不然我就让他出出丑
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what mud you're talking about.
抱歉,我不知道您说的是什么丑
You know damn well what mud I'm talking about.
你很清楚我在说什么
Now, I gave the mayor early warning on this verdict,
我之前就警告过市长会有暴动
and he's still sitting on his ass in New Hampshire,
可他还是安安稳稳地窝在新罕布什尔
thinking he can sit this out and blame me.
想要置身事外,把一切推到我的头上
Well, you can tell him
你可以跟他说
that I'm the one in front of the cameras with the megaphone.
我才是拿着话筒站在摄像机前的那个人
You have to understand,
你要知道
there were no flights, so it's...
现在没有航班,所以
Wow. All right, let's go.
好了,咱们走吧
Questions will be asked of both candidates on a rotating basis,
两位候选人将被轮流提问
with the first candidate given 45 seconds to respond,
第一位候选人有45秒的时间作答
the second candidate, 30 seconds of rebuttal.
第二位候选人有30秒的时间进行反驳
If that rebuttal mentions the other candidate by name,
如果反驳过程中提到了另一位候选人的名字
that candidate will have 20 seconds to respond.
那位候选人将有20秒的时间回应
Both candidates will also have ten seconds to ask the other
两位参选人各有10秒钟的时间向对方提出
a direct question.
一个问题
Unless, of course, the candidate has exceeded his or her time,
除非候选人超时
and then, that candidate will have the option
如果超时,候选人可以选择增加时长
of adding to their time, but only by subtracting it
不过要在他们最后总结陈述的时间里
from their closing arguments.
减去这段时长
There will also be a lightning round in which both candidates
同样,在闪电问答环节里,每位候选人
will have ten seconds to respond.
将有10秒钟的时间作答
Mr. Prady, you have 15 seconds.
普拉迪先生,你有15秒的时间
I come in with a clean slate.
我参加这场选举,身家清白
I have no bureaucratic grudges.
我没有官场上的那些积怨
Nothing to prove.
无需什么证明
All I see
我看到的
is a city that needs a new way,
是一座需要新鲜血液的城市
and I want to be that new way.
我希望能成为这股新鲜血液
Mrs. Florrick.
福瑞克夫人
I hear that a lot.
我听了很多这样的话
A new way, a new approach to crime on our streets.
解决街头犯罪的新方式,新办法
But no matter what,
但不管怎么样
whenever I vote for that person,
只要我投了这个新人
we end up right where we started.
我们就回到了原点
We end up with...
我们得到的是
um, uh, the murder rate continually climbing.
谋杀率持续上升
We end up...
我们得到的是
In short, inexperience is not a value. .
简而言之,经验不足不是什么价值
Mrs. Florrick, your time is up. It is something to be..
福瑞克夫人,时间到了,是一种被
Mr. Prady, in about ten minutes
普拉迪先生,大约十分钟后
we'll have a verdict
我们就会得到
in the Cole Willis manslaughter case.
科尔·威利斯杀人案的判决结果
Do you have a comment on that trial?
你对这个案件有何见解
Well, Chris, uh, I will in about ten minutes.
克里斯,大约十分钟后我会有看法
For now, all I can say is I think we have to
现在,我能说的只有我们应该
take a look at police training.
审视一下警队的培训
Why is she frowning?
她为什么皱着眉头
You have her frowning. Well, this is all new to her.
你让她皱眉了,她对这个不熟
Give her a second.
给她一点时间
No, you prepped her wrong.
不,你的准备工作没做到
You got... I got to go.
你得,我要挂了
Yeah, Eli, I just got off the phone with the mayor.
伊莱,我刚结束跟市长的通话
We're not gonna leave the police exposed.
我们不会让警察空手出动
No one said they'll be exposed.
没人说要他们空着手
But they go in with riot gear,
但如果带着防暴装备去
they'll create a riot.
他们本身就会制造出暴乱
That's what happened in Ferguson.
弗格森事件就是这样发生的
Okay, but with all due respect to the governor,
好,但恕我直言
we're deferring to the police on this.
这件事上我们尊重警察
No, no, no. You're playing politics
不,不,你在玩政治手段
because you want police support in four years.
因为你想在下一个任期内得到警察的支持
Okay, and you want
好吧,而你想得到
the African-American support, sir.
非裔美国人的支持,州长先生
No one's winning a Nobel Peace Prize here.
这里没谁比谁的动机单纯
No one wins if there's a riot. Pastor!
如果发生暴乱这里没有赢家,牧师
Come on, let's not play
得了吧,我们别在这玩
dueling pastors here. Pastor Jeremiah,
争取牧师支持游戏了,耶利米牧师
I believe you know the mayor's chief of staff.
我想你认识市长的办公室主任吧
Yes, I do. Good evening.
是的,我认识,晚上好
Good evening. She believes the police
晚上好,她认为警察
should be ready with riot gear and tear gas.
应该准备好防爆装置和催泪瓦斯
Uh, that would be a terrible mistake.
那会是个严重的错误
I mean, the people want to see justice done,
人民希望看到正义被伸张
but they will protest peaceably
他们会和平地抗议
unless they are provoked. Franny?
除非有人激怒他们,弗兰妮
The mayor goes in like storm troopers,
市长如果要像突击队一样去应对的话
he'll be blamed.
他会受到责备的
That attitude is contagious.
情绪是会传染的
It diffuses a situation.
它会使事态扩大化
And it's all cyclical.
这又是一个循环
How's she doing? I can't tell.
她表现得怎么样,不好说
There's some bad body language there.
有些糟糕的肢体语言
Take a look at police training.
审视警队培训
And your time is up, Mr. Prady.
你的时间到了,普拉迪先生
Lightning round.
闪电回合
Do you believe the police were at fault
你认为警察在弗格森事件中
in Ferguson, Mrs. Florrick?
做错了吗,福瑞克夫人
Well, I'm not sure...
我不确定
Actually, it's the lightning round.
事实上,这是闪电回合
You only have five seconds.
你只有5秒钟来回答
It's complicated.
情况比较复杂
Mr. Prady? It's a systemic problem.
普拉迪先生,是制度问题
Good. Next question. Talk to us about
很好,下一个问题,跟我们说说
race relations in Chicago, Mrs. Florrick.
芝加哥的种族关系问题,福瑞克夫人
You've got 45 seconds.
你有45秒作答
Hi. It's, uh, a work in progress.
值得改进
You found out something about Evan?
你发现伊万的料了吗
He's working with David Lee?
他在跟大卫·李合作吗
No. Then why is he caving?
没有,那他为什么会屈服
His son was undergoing surgery to remove histiocytosis tumors
他儿子今天在卢瑞儿童医院接受
at the Lurie Children's Hospital today.
组织细胞增多肿瘤切除手术
Did you know that? No.
你知道这个吗,不知道
The operation was successful.
手术很成功
He just found out an hour ago.
他一小时前知道的
Well, I'm glad.
我很高兴
But... Yes, it was just before
但是,是的,事情就在他
he made the $30 million settlement offer.
提出3000万和解费之前发生的
He's become nice.
他变得温和了
Uh-oh. We should send him home.
我们应该辞掉他
No.
不
We could open ourselves to a malpractice suit
那样尼尔·格罗斯可能告我们
from Neil Gross.
玩忽职守
Then, we step in.
那我们介入
Yes.
是的
Supply the backbone. Kalinda, did you
提供主力支持,凯琳达
do any background work on Mrs. Gross
你之前调查过格罗斯太太的
before their marriage? Yes.
婚前生活吗,调查过
And afterwards.
还有婚后的
Freelance work for David Lee? Yes.
为大卫·李做的私活吗,是的
He wanted to see if she was cheating on him.
他想看看她有没有背叛他
Is there anything interesting there?
有什么有趣的发现吗
Yes.
有
Photos.
照片
Good. Poetic justice.
很好,罪有应得
Using David Lee's work against him.
用大卫·李自己做的好事来对付他
Mrs. Florrick?
福瑞克夫人
You have ten seconds to respond.
你有10秒钟回答
Uh, crime is crime.
犯罪就是犯罪
Black and white shouldn't matter.
跟肤色无关
It often does, but that shouldn't prevent
通常会有关系,但那不能阻止
the state's attorney from... Your time is up.
州检察官,你的时间到了
But why don't you finish that sentence?
但你为什么不说完那句话呢
...doing my job.
做我的本职工作
Good. Now, let's turn to our journalists.
很好,现在,我们交给记者发问
First up, Patrick Mancini
首先,来自《米德尔顿先驱报》的
from The Middeleton Herald.
帕特里克·曼奇尼
Do you have a question?
你有问题要问吗
I do. Thank you.
有,谢谢
Mrs. Florrick, your husband has not
福瑞克夫人,在婚姻中你丈夫
always been faithful to you in your marriage.
对你并不是很忠诚
In 2009 he, in fact, resigned from the office
事实上,在2009年,他从你
you're now seeking partly because he was caught
正在竞选的职位辞职,部分是因为
in a sexual scandal...
他在性丑闻中被捉到现行
I'm gonna interrupt you right there, Mr. Mancini.
我要在这打断你,曼奇尼先生
Actually, I'm not finished, ma'am.
事实上,我还没说完,夫人
Yes. But you already called my campaign manager
是的,但你已经打给我的竞选经理
with your question, so I'm going
问过这个问题了,所以我就
to save you the trouble. Oh, my God.
免去你的麻烦了,我的天
What is she doing? You have photos
她在干嘛,你有我丈夫
of my husband supposedly at the apartment of his legal counsel--
在他法律顾问的公寓的照片
is that correct? I wish you'd just let me answer my question,
对吗,我希望你能让我回答我的问题
Mrs. Florrick... I mean, ask my question,
福瑞克夫人,我是说...问完我的问题
Mrs. Florrick...
福瑞克夫人
My daughter is in the audience tonight, sir,
今晚我女儿在观众席,先生
and I would like to do her the favor
为了她,我打算
of addressing your question, not answering it.
仅仅回应你的问题,而非回答
Holy... Ow, stop!
我的,别碰我
This is how I would answer your question,
我会这样回答你的问题
Mr. Mancini.
曼奇尼先生
How dare you, sir?
你怎么敢这样,先生
Do you have a personal life?
你有私人生活吗
Do you have a spouse?
你有配偶吗
Do you know what it would be like
你知道把你的私人生活
to have your personal life spilled
像这样摆到台面上来说
across the stage like this?
会是什么样吗
Broadcasted
被直播
into the homes of your friends, your workmates,
让你的朋友,同事
your daughter's friends at school?
你女儿的同学在家里都能看到
Do you know what that would be like?
你知道那会是怎样吗
Ma'am, I'm only reporting...
夫人,我只想报道
It would be one thing if my job
如果我丈夫的不忠与我的工作
had anything to do with my husband's infidelity.
相关的话,那就另当别论了
I'm not even sure what job that would be.
我难以想象什么工作能跟那扯上关系
But your question would at least then be pertinent.
不过那样你的问题至少算是切题
But I'm running for state's attorney.
但我竞选的是州检察官的工作
I am running to be someone to put
我在竞选成为一个可以
a dent in crime in this town.
减少城里犯罪率的人
What does that have to do with my married life?
那跟我的婚姻生活有什么关系
That was terrific.
棒极了
Uh-oh. She's brought her own pastor.
她带了自己的牧师过来了
All right, I'll deal with that.
好了,我来处理那个
Why don't you make sure the police don't overreact?
你去确保警察不会反应过度好不好
Because it's the only story... This is gonna be fine.
因为那是唯一的报道,会很好的
Gonna be fine. Actually, Mrs. Florrick...
会好的,事实上,福瑞克夫人
I know that I am past my time.
我知道我超时了
But let me just finish up.
但让我说完
We are real people up here.
我们是真实的人
Mr. Prady and myself.
普拉迪和我都是
We're not cartoons.
我们不是卡通人物
When you hurt us, we actually do bleed.
当你伤害我们时,我们是会受伤的
I know that that is hard for you to remember,
我知道你很难记住这点
Mr. Mancini, but it is worth trying.
曼奇尼先生,但还是值得试一试
If not for me, then for my daughter.
如果不为我的话,就算是为我的女儿
I, um... Yes, thank you. Mr. Prady?
我,是,谢谢,普拉迪先生
Do you have a response?
你有回复吗
I never finished my question.
我都没说完我的问题
Sure, if you want to finish your question.
当然可以,如果你想说完你的问题
I'm breaking a story tomorrow
我明天会发布一条
about the governor sleeping with his legal counsel.
关于州长跟他的法律顾问上床的报道
I didn't create the story.
事情又不是我造出来的
I'm just reporting on it.
我只是报道出来
Why don't I turn to Frank Prady?
为何不转向弗兰克·普拉迪呢
Uh, 15 seconds.
15秒的时间
Do you have a rebuttal?
你有需要反驳的吗
Uh, I don't have a rebuttal, no.
我没有要反驳的,没有
But I, uh, I will say this.
但我,我得说这个
I think Mrs. Florrick deserves an apology
我想媒体欠福瑞克夫人
from the press.
一个道歉
Ah, my own handiwork.
我亲手所为
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
David had you followed when he was representing your spouse.
大卫在当你丈夫的代表律师时派人跟踪了你
That's why your prenup is void.
那就是为什么你的婚前协议无效
Isn't that right, Evan?
是这样吗,伊万
Yes, it is.
是,是这样
David, $15 million is as high as we go.
大卫,我们最高可以出1500万
No. I'll keep these.
不行,我要留着这些
We have the originals, David.
我们有底片,大卫
Good. Keep them.
很好,留着吧
These are good enough for TMZ.
这些放在名人八卦网上是很棒的
Not that I'll give it to them.
但不是说我会爆料
I'm not sure you're getting this, David--
你好像没搞清楚,大卫
your client broke her vows. Yes.
你的当事人违背诺言了,是的
By sleeping with Mr. Gross' biggest competitor.
因为跟格罗斯先生的最大竞争对手睡觉
That'll look good for you,
那看起来会对你有利
won't it, Mr. Gross?
对吗,格罗斯先生
Your wife prefers SleuthWay over Chumhum?
比起查查网,你老婆更喜欢思路威
Amazing.
令人惊讶
Just amazing.
真是令人惊讶
Half my life is about lawyers these days,
现在我一半的生活都是跟律师打交道
and just when I think I have reached bottom,
就在我觉得已经跌倒最深的
the ninth circle of hell,
地狱第九层时
there is always a circle lower.
总会发现还有更差的时候
After he calms down,
在他冷静后
tell him we'll settle for $100 million.
告诉他我们的和解价是一亿
You have three hours or we're out of here.
你有三个小时考虑,否则我们就走人了
Governor Florrick.
福瑞克州长
Pastor.
牧师
Hello, Father.
你好,父亲
Son.
孩子
Mr. Governor, Pastor Isaiah believes
州长先生,以赛亚牧师相信
the mayor's plan
市长的计划
is the best way to handle any possible violence.
是应对一切潜在暴力最好的办法
Really?
真的吗
Is that what you believe?
你也这么认为
I just know about a deal between you
我只知道你和我的父亲
and my father. What deal?
之间有个协议,什么协议
An $80,000 religious study?
八万美元的宗教研究费
And I think it will be evident to those upset by the verdict
而且我认为那些为判决愤怒的人会很清楚
that they're being misled.
他们被误导了
Why do you hate me so much, son?
为什么你这么恨我,儿子
I don't hate you, Father.
我不恨你,父亲
I just believe you're being misled by politics.
我只是觉得你被政治牵着走了
It's your mother, isn't it? She put you up to this.
是你的母亲吧,她让你这么做的
Okay, the mayor's plan has been implemented, Mr. Governor.
市长的计划已经开始实施了,州长先生
He asks that you assist in his efforts
他需要你支持他的努力
by not withholding the National Guard reserves.
别扣住国民警卫队的资源
Well, this isn't good.
这可不妙
The verdict is in. Oh, crap.
裁决出来了,该死
I'm calling the mayor. Get out the National Guard.
我打给市长,派出国民警卫队吧
Franny, if the mayor goes in with this warrior stance,
弗兰妮,如果市长要以好战的姿态示人
there's going to be violence. Mr. Prady?
会引起暴力,普拉迪先生
The point is, drug arrests have been on the rise
关键是这几年打击毒品势头渐长
for years now and the sentencing guidelines are crazily wrong.
而量刑标准却错得离谱
I'm sorry. Time's up, Mr. Prady.
抱歉,时间到,普拉迪先生
Mrs. Florrick, you have ten seconds for a rebuttal.
福瑞克夫人,你有10秒反驳
Yes, well, talking about guidelines,
好的,谈到标准
if there were guidelines that we...
如果什么标准我们...
I'm sorry again. One second.
抱歉再打断一下,稍等
Excuse me.
抱歉
Our live feed has been interrupted.
我们的直播被打断了
Uh, what the hell?
搞什么鬼
Damn it. She was just getting into a rhythm.
见鬼,她刚进入状态
We're being asked to take a pause here.
我们得就此暂停了
The Cole Willis verdict is in.
科尔·威利斯的裁决出来了
And we're switching over to live coverage.
我们得切换去直播那个新闻
Uh, the hope is that in one or two hours,
希望过一两个小时
they'll switch back to the debate.
能切回到辩论直播上
Stay tuned.
请继续收看
Great job. You're kicking ass.
做得好,这一仗打得漂亮
Way to neutralize the sex stuff.
可以抵消性丑闻
Do you want some water? No, where's the food?
你想喝点水吗,不,哪有吃的
I'm starving. In the hotel kitchen.
我饿死了,酒店厨房有
You want me to make you a plate?
你要我弄一盘给你吗
You're doing great, Mom.
你表现得很好,妈妈
The verdict is in, and the two police officers
裁决出来了,两位在一般逮捕行动中
who killed suspected gang member Cole Willis
射杀黑帮成员嫌疑人
during a routine arrest were found innocent of all charges.
科尔·威利斯的警官认定无罪
Suspected gang member.
黑帮成员嫌疑人
Really? The suburban father of two?
真的吗,郊区两个孩子的父亲
Okay, let's not get upset.
好的,别难过
Why? You afraid I'm gonna riot?
为什么,你怕我暴乱
Nora.
诺拉
This is your Giuliani moment, sir.
这是你打翻身仗的时候,先生
Careers are built on moments like... Eli.
职业生涯就靠这种时刻... 伊莱
I'm not saying you take advantage of it,
我不是说要你利用它
but no one will talk about Ramona
但是如果你处理得好
if you handle this properly. Eli, you need to stop.
没人会提拉蒙娜,伊莱,你该消停一下
Oh, good, I'm starved.
太好了,我快饿死了
Did they tell you not to eat, too?
他们也叫你别吃东西吗
Yes.
对
So, how do you think it's going?
你觉得辩论得如何
I don't know.
不知道
Every time I get started, they say, "Time's up."
每次我一张口,他们就喊"时间到"
You had a good answer to that one reporter.
你回答那个记者的那番话很精彩
You were good with the racial question.
种族主义那题你也回答得很棒
It's all artificial, isn't it?
都是虚伪的,不是吗
We agree on more than we don't.
我们意见一致之处远多于不一致
We should debate now.
我们现在该来辩论一下
See if we disagree on anything.
看看我们是否有意见不一致的地方
Our handlers won't be happy.
我们的竞选人员可不会高兴
Okay, you start.
好,你先开始
It helps no one to throw the baby out
不分好坏的摈弃
with the bath water.
可没什么帮助
The system need to be tweaked, not overhauled.
这个体系需要调整,而不是推倒重建
You really believe that?
你真这么觉得
I do.
真的
We're on the verge of another Ferguson...
我们面临着另一个弗格森事件...
No, no, no, that was just about jury selection.
不不不,这起事件是陪审团成员挑选的问题
The prosecution screwed up on voir dire.
控方在陪审团选择上搞砸了
That's why those two cops were found not guilty.
所以那些警官才被判无罪
No, they were found not guilty because the system
不,他们被判无罪是因为这个体系
is inherently racist. Ask anyone.
生来就带有种族主义,随便问个人
So what do you do then? If the system is racist,
那你打算怎么做,如果体系带有种族主义
what is the state's attorney supposed...? You start with hiring.
州检察官该怎么...从雇人开始
The racial diversity in the office is a joke.
种族多样性在州检就是个笑话
How many white prosecutors...
有多少白人检察官
No, but the exact opposite needs to be done.
不,该做的事情其实完全相反
It needs to be a pure meritocracy.
我们需要纯粹的精英政治
No cronyism. To consider race
不任人唯亲,考虑种族
That's not cronyism.
这不是任人唯亲
Yes, it is.
是的
We need good prosecutors.
我们需要好的检察官
There are a dozen defense attorneys I know
我知道许多年收入40万美金的
making $400,000 a year
辩护律师会抓住一切机会
that would jump at the chance to put criminals away.
将罪犯绳之以法
They're sick of what they're doing now and...
他们厌倦了现在的所作所为...
W-Why don't they?
为什么
What? You said they'd jump
什么,你说他们会
at the chance to be a prosecutor.
抓住一切机会成为检察官
Well, what's stopping them?
什么阻止了他们这么做呢
Well, what's stopping them
阻止他们这么做的
is that the office is poorly run.
就是州检糟糕的运作
They know they're gonna spend half their time
他们知道得花一半时间
dealing with a stupid bureaucracy.
处理无聊的官僚事物
No, no, they don't jump
不不,他们不跳槽
because it's easier to talk
是因为知易行难
about doing good than it is to actually do good.
说永远比做容易
And you call me cynical?
你还说我愤世嫉俗
Chicago is on the verge of another Ferguson,
芝加哥马上要爆发另一起弗格森事件了
because the system is all white.
就是因为整个体系里都是白人
Because African-Americans don't see someone
因为非裔美国人没有看到
who shares their experience.
能够体谅他们的人
You know what's really stupid?
你们知道最傻的事是什么吗
You're two white people arguing
你们两个白人在这里
about why black people are rioting.
争论为什么黑人要暴动
That's what's stupid.
这就是最傻的事
And you're saying there needs to be more black people in office,
你说需要更多黑人检察官
and that's why we need two more white people running.
所以我们该有两个白人竞选
Okay.
好吧
So what do you do?
你会怎么做
Stop prosecuting so many drug crimes.
别起诉那么多毒品犯罪了
That's exactly my plan for office. Exactly!
那就是我的执政计划,没错
That's why you should vote for me.
这就是你们选我的理由
They put a guy in prison
上周他们因为一个人
for killing a dog just last week.
杀了条狗就把他关进监狱
Then these two cops kill a black man,
后来那两个警察杀了一个黑人
and what happens?
结果呢
They go free? We should go there.
他们无罪释放,我们该去那儿
Now. What?
现在,什么
Pastor Isaiah, would you like to come with me?
以赛亚牧师,你想和我一起去吗
Where you going?
你要去哪里
There. ...to express their outrage
那儿,表达他们对无罪裁决的
over the innocent verdict...
愤怒之情
Are you serious?
你是认真的吗
Yes.
是的
Yes, let's go.
好,我们走
...where hundreds of people protesting
...有好几百人抗议
the Cole Willis verdict have begun gathering
科尔·威利斯裁决,人们目前
outside the city courthouse.
已聚集在法院门口
I'm gonna have trouble getting home tonight.
我今晚回家估计会有问题了
You might as well start home now.
你或许现在就该回家
You want these photos on TMZ? We do.
你想这些照片公布在名人八卦网,没错
I don't bluff, Diane. You know I don't.
我不是吓唬你,戴安,你知道的
I don't, either. What's this?
我也不是开玩笑,这是什么
Deena's employment contract as in-house counsel
迪娜在查查网作为内部顾问的
at Chumhum. Evan, what's going on?
雇佣合同,伊万,这是怎么回事
There's a standard non-compete clause
合同里有一条标准的
in the contracts. Oh, come on.
竞业禁止条款,别来这套
Deena was sleeping with the CEO of Chumhum's
在合同期间,迪娜和查查网
greatest competitor during the time of that contract.
最大的竞争对手的总裁上床了
If you ask me, that violates her non-compete.
如果你问我,这肯定违反了竞业条款
That opens her up to a suit.
我们可以起诉她
God, you guys are terrible.
天哪,你们这些坏人
Evan, do you agree
伊万,你同意
with these kind of tactics?
这种策略吗
I'm sorry, David.
抱歉,大卫
Yes, we're all sorry.
我们很遗憾
$15 million.
1500万
You have an hour to accept or it goes away.
你们有一个小时考虑否则作废
My law partner, Cary Agos,
我的法律合伙人,凯里·艾格斯
was prosecuted on trumped-up drug charges,
因一起捏造的毒品交易被起诉
so I understand this issue.
所以我理解这种情况
Yeah, and he had all the advantages
是,他作为白人商人
of a white entitled businessman.
得到了一切应有的辩护
He's a lawyer, he knew lawyers,
他是一名律师,他认识很多律师
and he knew how to work the system,
他明白这个体系如何运作
but you take any African-American up
但你让任何非裔美国人
on drug charges... Alicia. Here you are.
面对这种起诉,艾丽西娅,你在这
Why don't we head back to the greenroom?
我们回到直播间吧
No, I'll meet you there.
不,我们回头见
No, I think we should go together. Hey, let them talk.
不,我们该一起走,让他们说
She said she'd see you later. So what?
她说了一会儿见你,所以呢
You would just stop prosecuting all drug crime?
你就这么放弃起诉毒品犯罪
No, nonviolent drug crimes.
不,是不涉及暴力的毒品犯罪
I would de-emphasize them.
我会不那么强调这些案件
You can just do that? I can,
你可以做到吗,可以
but I'm not sure Alicia can.
但我不太确定艾丽西娅可以
Why is that?
为什么
Politics.
政治
I believe she'd want
我相信她想
to de-emphasize drug crimes,
不再强调毒品犯罪
but her critics would suggest
但她的批评家会暗示
she was doing this as a favor to her old client,
她这么做是为了讨好老客户
Lemond Bishop,
雷蒙德·毕夏普
a top drug dealer.
那位首屈一指的毒贩子
And they would be wrong.
那他们就错了
Which wouldn't matter.
但这有什么关系
The politics would work against her
政治会让她无法
relaxing drug prosecutions.
放松毒品起诉
But I don't have any history here.
但我没有这种包袱
I am free and clear to act.
我可以自由地行动
Okay, folks, I think we're done here.
伙计们,我觉得我们完事了
Why would you want to stop prosecuting drug crimes?
你们为什么想停止起诉毒品犯罪呢
I can barely walk home at night
有那些毒贩在街上晃荡
with all the dealers on my street.
我晚上都不敢走回家
'Cause it's mostly putting blacks in prison.
因为这种案子都会把黑人抓起来
Yeah, well, maybe they should be in prison.
说不定他们就该被抓起来
Excuse me, why is this all about black people?
不好意思,为什么要关心黑人
Most of the trouble I have in my neighborhood
我家附近出的很多乱子
is because of the blacks.
都是因为那些黑人
Okay, wait, wait, what?
好吧,等等,什么
I'm just telling you what happens in my neighborhood.
我只是告诉你们我家附近发生的事
No, you're spouting racist bull.
不,你在进行种族歧视
That's not what I'm doing.
我没那么做
Actually, you know what, man?
实际上这样吧,伙计
there's no taping in here.
这里不能录像
Uh, it's a proprietary issue with the hotel.
是酒店规定
How have you been, Pastor?
你最近怎么样,牧师
I'm well.
我很好
I see that you have been, too.
看起来你也不错
I have.
是的
It's been a while.
好久不见
It has.
没错
How are you and Alicia?
你和艾丽西娅怎么样
Fine.
挺好的
No.
不
No, you haven't been.
不,你们不好
Well, life's...
生活很...
complicated.
复杂
It is.
没错
Still believe?
还信吗
Do I believe in God?
我还信奉上帝吗
At times.
偶尔吧
You still pray?
你还祈祷吗
No.
不
Do you want me to pray for you?
你想让我为你祈祷吗
I don't know what I'd have you pray for.
我不知道要让你为我祈祷些什么
That you be a good man.
让你成为一个好人
Do you want to be good?
你想成为好人吗
I think it's a little late for that.
我觉得现在为时已晚
I want to be...
我想变得
effective.
有能力
Does one discount the other?
这两者矛盾吗
It can.
会矛盾
Tonight, for example...
比如说,今晚
I need to be effective.
我就要展现我的能力
Pray for that.
为此祈祷吧
Okay, then what do you do?
那你做了些什么
You talk about equality,
你口中说着平等
you talk about overcoming racism.
你说着克服种族歧视
Because that's the point.
因为那就是重点所在
No, that's the poetry.
不,那只是嘴上说说
That makes people feel good when you say it,
你说这种话时会让别人觉得很舒服
but that is not the S.A.'s job,
但这不是检察官的职责
and it wouldn't make a bit of a difference.
这样做不会带来任何改变
That's cynicism talking.
这说法太愤世嫉俗了
No, that's a defense attorney talking,
不,这是辩护律师的说法
saying that I have seen firsthand what prosecutors do wrong.
我亲眼见过公诉人做错事的后果
And I know how to correct it.
我知道该如何纠正
That's why I'll be better at it than you.
所以这方面我要强于你
You're not... Because I'm not trying
你不是... 因为我不会
to remake the world.
想改造这个世界
I don't think I can change people.
我不觉得我能让人们有所改变
I think I can change the office.
我觉得我可以改变的是州检办公室
You know what, go ahead and shoot whatever you want.
你知道吗,随便拍吧
I can put defense attorneys in office
我可以将那些渴望
who are hungry to put criminals away.
将罪犯绳之以法的辩护律师纳入麾下
I can go after the top crooks because I know who they are.
我能扳倒那些蛀虫,因为我知道他们的身份
Because you represented them.
因为你代理过他们
Yes!
没错
And I know how they work.
我知道他们怎么办事
I'm not going in, hoping for pie in the sky.
我不会等着天上掉馅饼
We've had enough pretty words.
我们说的好话够多了
We've had enough of novices who talk a good game
我们受够了那些嘴上说着大话
but then throw their hands up when they realize
但一旦发现自己无力阻止种族歧视时
they can't stop racism.
就甩手不管的新手
They can't make everyone good.
他们帮不了任何人
That's why people should vote for me and not you.
所以人们应该选我,而不是你
Frank!
弗兰克
Let's go.
我们走
Now. You're eight points up.
你领先八个点呢
Don't squander it.
别瞎搞
Oh. We can get a photo.
我们来拍张照
Ready? One, two, three.
准备好了吗,一,二,三
How many people died of Ebola in America? One.
美国死于埃博拉有几人,一人
A black man who did everything he was supposed to do.
那是一个黑人,尽了自己最大的努力
He went to the hospital. What did they do?
他去了医院,而他们干了什么
They sent him home with some aspirin.
他们给了他几片阿司匹林就打发走了
Everybody white got cured.
每个白人都得到了治疗
Just the black guy they sent home with some pills.
就给了黑人几片药,让他回家了
Let's go.
我们走
George, how are you?
乔治,你怎么样
So you lucked out, Eli. What are you talking about?
你真走运,伊莱,你在说什么
The governor is sleeping with his lawyer,
州长和他的律师上床
and what's the headline? A race riot?
头条是什么来着,种族暴动吗
How dare you, George?
你怎么敢这么说,乔治
The governor is facing one of the biggest challenges of his life.
州长正面临人生中最严峻的挑战
Am I quoting you now?
我要引用你的话吗
No, just background.
不,只是些背景材料
And you're obsessing about some stupid, unsubstantiated sideshow?
而你却在关注一些又蠢又无聊的边角新闻
Okay, okay, so what do you want me to quote?
好吧,那你希望我怎么引用你的话
Well, the governor is pulling up right now. I want you to...
州长正在停车,我希望你...
to look over there
你去看看那里发生了什么
and I will bring the governor to you.
然后我会让州长来见你
Why? What's going on? Do you want access, George?
发生了什么,你想要采访权吗,乔治
Then go over there.
那就去那看看
What are you doing here?
你在这干什么
Are you insane?
你疯了吗
The governor asked for me.
州长想见我
Have you seen the news? No one's reporting it.
你没看新闻吗,没人会报道的
Because I've been killing myself
因为我拼了我的老命
trying to keep it out of the news. If they see you here...
想把新闻压下来,要是他们看到...
It's my job, Eli.
是公事,伊莱
The governor wants to discuss the legal implications of
州长想和我讨论关闭附近发射塔的
closing down the nearest cell tower.
具体法律细节
No, no, there are so many things wrong with that sentence.
不,不行,这句话里漏洞百出
Just go home. Hey, Ramona.
回家吧,拉蒙娜
You got a minute?
你有时间吗
Peter, no, you can't be seen with her.
彼得,不行,你不能和她见面
That'll bring Ramona back into the news.
拉蒙娜会再次上新闻的
Just need ten minutes, that's all.
只要十分钟就好
Can you give me ten minutes, Pastor?
能给我十分钟吗,牧师
Sure, Peter, take the time you need.
好的,彼得,你随便
Ramona, I have a question for you.
拉蒙娜,我有问题要问你
Dear God.
要命了
Are you all right, Eli?
你没事吧,伊莱
No.
不
I'm not.
我有事
I just realize that I work very hard,
我刚发现我工作非常努力
and I am not appreciated.
别人却不领情
You want to talk about it?
你想聊聊吗
Okay, we're back in about ten minutes.
好的,我们十分钟后继续
What's going on out there?
外面发生了什么
Any violence?
有暴力事件吗
Some sporadic. Nothing cohesive yet.
有点,但没大规模暴动
Yeah, nothing visual.
是的,看上去没事
The news is getting bored.
新闻媒体有些疲软了
That's why they're cutting back to the debate.
所以他们来播报辩论的进展
You'll get more samplers than usual,
观众会比平时多
so keep up the pressure.
你要继续施压
Yeah, and although it was unorthodox,
是的,虽然这不正规
your extracurricular debate with Prady
你和普拉迪的非正式辩论
has got his people really scared.
震住了他的团队
Yeah, so just keep up the pressure.
所以继续施压
Yeah, I'm thinking of voting for you now.
我现在都想给你投票了
That's how good you were. Great.
你就是这么棒,好
I need to talk to Jon alone for a minute.
我要和约翰单独谈一会
You weren't gonna vote for her before?
你原来不想投票给她吗
No, I'm not a big voter.
不,我对投票没什么兴趣
I'm in my 20s.
我才二十多岁
Alicia, I'm not sure it's such a good idea...
艾丽西娅,我不知道这是不是个好主意
Wait. Listen.
等等,听着
It didn't mean anything.
我没别的意思
What?
什么
In the parking garage?
在停车场里
I was in a mood.
我当时心情很好
It didn't mean anything.
没别的意思
Jon, you can look at me.
约翰,你可以看着我
It's fine. It's fine, really.
没事,真的没事
It just surprised me is all.
我只是有点惊讶
It's a version of transference.
这可能是一种转移
You know, sometimes candidates or their wives,
你知道的,有时候候选人或他们的妻子
they, uh, they develop feelings of affection for their handlers.
会对自己的团队产生情感
It's not... Okay, let's not do that.
这不是,我们别那样做
Okay.
好的
You don't need to instruct me about my feelings.
你不用教我怎么控制感情
Sorry.
对不起
That's how I deal with things.
我就是这么处世的
It's, uh, it's whatever.
其实,其实没什么
You still can't look at me, can you?
你还是不敢看我,对吗
Look at me.
看着我
I don't have feelings for you.
我对你没有产生私情
We're good.
我们很好
It just... happened.
只是发生了而已
I... What?
我... 什么
We've got a problem.
我们有问题了
What's-what's wrong?
怎么回事
We're calling the debate off tonight.
今晚辩论暂停
Really? Why?
真的吗,为什么
Frank Prady. He wants to delay.
弗兰克·普拉迪想延期
Did he say why?
他有说为什么吗
Tonight is not a night for political posturing
今天晚上不适合做政治作态
and 30-second canned responses to questions
以及用区区三十秒录音来回应
about racial stratification.
种族隔离划分问题
Tonight is a night for action.
今晚我们要付诸于行动
By action, you mean running away?
您的付诸行动是指脚底抹油吗
That is why I am asking my opponent to join me
所以我要请求我的对手和我一起
in taking to the streets.
走上街头
Now is the time to listen.
是时候聆听了
So, is it the time to listen or the time for action?
所以到底是该聆听还是该付诸行动呢
Jackass, get your story straight.
混蛋,故事编得像样点
This is perfect; he just made a mistake.
太棒了,他犯了个错
Okay, here's what we're gonna do.
我们接下来要这么做
You're gonna get out there... Get out where?
你要去那里... 去哪里
At your podium, and you're gonna tell the reporters
去台上,然后告诉那些记者
you're ready to debate.
你准备好辩论了
We get a photo with you standing at your podium facing no one.
我们会拍一张你站在辩论台上但没有对手的照片
"I paid for this mic."
起名"这话筒我也出了钱"
Here's the thing, Alicia.
问题是这样,艾丽西娅
This is the turning point of the campaign.
这是竞选的转折点
They just made a mistake.
他们刚犯了个错误
Yeah, that's something Americans understand. Cowardice.
那是美国人都理解的,懦夫行为
The dog ate my... uh, blah-blah.
狗吃了我的...那啥啥啥的
You ready? Can you do it?
你准备好了吗,能行吗
Let's go.
我们走
No, I'm coming there now.
我马上过去
It's an irritant.
很令人恼火
We can handle it.
但我们能处理
Okay.
好
What happened, Neil?
怎么了,尼尔
Deena used her knowledge with the Chumhum board.
迪娜利用她了解的内幕去找查查网董事会
Knowledge of what?
什么内幕
The Fappening.
艳照事件
What? What is that?
什么,那是什么
It's naked photos of celebrities hacked online.
网上传出的名人裸照
Yes, my ex-wife called the board
对,我前妻给董事会打电话
and accuses me of not doing enough to stop the hacking.
指责我没能阻止黑客行为
Leaves us open to a suit.
这让我们可能面对诉讼
In what way "Open"?
哪种意义的面对
Yeah, well, here's the thing.
我这么说吧
You're fired.
你们被解雇了
I'm sorry, what?
抱歉,你说什么
You're fired.
你们被解雇了
You needed to close this down immediately.
你们本应该立刻遏制事态
You didn't.
但你们没有
Now I have to settle for $75 million.
现在我得出7500万和解
You cost me $60 million.
你们让我多花了6000万
I'm done.
我受够了
Mr. Gross, no other firm could've done anything else.
格罗斯先生,别的律所也不能做得更好
You know what, Cary, save it.
凯里,省省吧
Your attorney screwed up.
你们的律师把事情搞砸了
David Lee took advantage of you.
大卫·李占了上风
That is why I'm stuck where I am.
所以我才被困在这样的处境里
I don't like losing $60 million.
我不喜欢损失6000万
I especially don't like losing it
特别是不喜欢把它付给
to a wife who cheated on me.
背着我偷人的前妻
You need to get your act together.
你们得好好收整收整了
That was unfortunate.
真不幸
It was.
是的
You know what we need to do.
你知道我们应该做什么
I think I do.
我应该知道
Well, hello.
你们好啊
You want to offer me more than $100 million?
你们想给我个过一亿的出价吗
No.
不想
We know you're not happy with Canning.
我知道你跟坎宁合作得不愉快
He's sick, and you've been carrying all the weight.
他病了,你得扛起所有重担
Well, well.
不错不错
Kalinda's really been working overtime for you.
凯琳达真是为你们加班加点干活了
We want you back, David.
我们希望你回来,大卫
I guess you just can't quit me, can you?
你们就是离不开我,对吗
What do you want, David?
你要什么,大卫
We get no justice, you get no peace.
不给公正,不得安宁
We get no justice, you get no peace.
不给公正,不得安宁
We get no justice, you get no peace.
不给公正,不得安宁
Eli, we need to talk now.
伊莱,我们需要立刻谈谈
Yeah, I know.
我知道
...you get no peace.
不得安宁
We get no justice,
不给公正
you get no peace. Black lives matter!
不得安宁,黑人生命也宝贵
Black lives matter!
黑人生命也宝贵
Black lives matter!
黑人生命也宝贵
Black lives matter! Black lives matter!
黑人生命也宝贵,黑人生命也宝贵
Black lives matter!
黑人生命也宝贵
Black lives matter!
黑人生命也宝贵
Black lives matter!
黑人生命也宝贵
Black lives matter!
黑人生命也宝贵
Ramona, I need you to not talk to anyone.
拉蒙娜,我需要你保持缄默
I know how it works, Eli.
我知道事情会怎么发展,伊莱
What happened?
发生了什么
He said good-bye.
他说了再见
So that's it.
所以就这样吧
Good-bye.
再见
Good-bye, Ramona.
再见,拉蒙娜
Black lives matter!
黑人生命也宝贵
Did you have any luck, Pastor?
你运气还好吗,牧师
She's here.
她来了
Black lives matter! Black lives matter!
黑人生命也宝贵,黑人生命也宝贵
It's good to meet you, Deidre.
很高兴见到你,黛德莉
I'm sorry about the death of your husband.
我为你丈夫的死而遗憾
Thank you.
谢谢你
I think we all want the same thing.
我想我们想要的都一样
We get no justice, you get no peace!
不给公正,不得安宁
The mayor's on his way from the airport.
市长正从机场过来
Good. Good for him.
好,很好
Eli, he's asking that you hold
伊莱,他要你把记者招待会
the press conference for 20 minutes.
拖上二十分钟
Franny, this is not a press conference.
弗兰妮,这不是记者招待会
This is an urgent need to stop a riot.
这是制止暴乱的迫切需要
No, it's not. No one's rioting.
不,没有人暴乱
You're trying to take advantage... Seriously.
你是想利用...说实话
The governor is stepping in for an absentee mayor
州长是在替市长做事
in the city's time of need.
替那个城市需要他,却不在场的市长
You don't want to make an enemy.
你也不想树敌的吧
No, you don't.
不,不想树敌的人是你
Cole! Cole! Cole!
科尔,科尔,科尔
Cole! Cole! Cole!
科尔,科尔,科尔
Cole! Cole! Cole! Cole!
科尔,科尔,科尔
Cole! Cole! Cole!
科尔,科尔,科尔
Cole! Cole! Cole! Cole!
科尔,科尔,科尔
Cole! Cole! Cole!
科尔,科尔,科尔
Cole! Cole! Cole! Cole!
科尔,科尔,科尔
Cole! Cole! Cole!
科尔,科尔,科尔
Cole! Cole! Cole! Cole!
科尔,科尔,科尔
Cole! Cole! Cole!
科尔,科尔,科尔
Thank you.
谢谢你
I'm sorry that we have to meet under such circumstances,
很抱歉我们得在这种情况下见面
but I wanted you to hear
但我希望大家能听听
from the person who should be the angriest at tonight's events.
在今晚事件中最为愤怒的人所说的话
Deidre.
黛德莉
Cole was a good man.
科尔是个好人
If he were here right now,
如果今晚他在这里
he'd be saying what I'm saying to you now.
会说出我将要说的话
This is not the time to break things.
现在不是破坏的时候
This is the time to fix them.
而是弥补的时候
Tonight,
今晚
we are not black or white,
我们不是黑人,也不是白人
rich or poor...
不是富人,也不是穷人
That is Governor Florrick
以上是州长福瑞克
speaking from the Cook County Courthouse steps
在这样一个特别的夜晚
on an extraordinary night
于库克县法院前台阶上
of protests and outrage.
对抗议者和愤怒人群的讲话
It's odd as we're looking at these images of protesting downtown.
跟市中心抗议队伍的画面一起看很奇怪
You go about your life, not even thinking
各人有着各人的生活,都没有想过
about the injustices suffered by others.
其他人所遭受的不公
And that's part of the problem.
这就是问题的一部分
But tonight we all...
但今晚,我们都...
Hello?
你好
I like what you've done with it.
我喜欢你的处理
What's up, David?
怎么了,大卫
I like this office.
我喜欢这间办公室
It gets the morning light.
能看到早晨的阳光
I'm glad.
多谢夸奖
What are you doing here?
你在这里做什么
I've come home, Alicia.
我回家了,艾丽西娅
We're partners again.
我们又是合作伙伴了
Isn't that great?
很棒对吧
Did what we had to do,
我们做了必须做的事
and we're gonna keep doing it...
我们还会继续做这样的事
What happened? Oh, Alicia.
发生了什么,艾丽西娅
How did the debate go?
辩论怎么样
We're not sure; we think good.
还不确定,我们觉得不错
What's going on?
怎么了
David Lee was just in my office,
大卫·李刚才在我办公室里
saying he's coming back.
说他要回来
Yes, we're replacing Evan.
对,我们要换掉伊万
As of when?
什么时候的事
An hour ago.
一小时前
Are you serious?
你们认真的吗
You...
你们...
when did you decide this?
什么时候决定的
An hour ago.
一小时前
But you can't just...
你们不能....
Don't you think it was important to talk to me?
你们不觉得应该先跟我说一下吗
Well, we tried calling you, but we had to decide right away.
我们给你打电话了,但当时需要马上做决定
I'm a name partner.
我是命名合伙人
This is a decision for all of us. No, it isn't,
这应该由我们共同决定,不,不是
Alicia, not anymore.
艾丽西娅,以后都不是了
Your running for state's attorney--
你在竞选州检察长
that was a decision for all of us.
那是我们共同决定的
I told you two... That it was about Castro.
我说过... 竞选是因为卡斯特罗
It was about Cary being prosecuted by him.
是因为凯里被他提起公诉了
Well, Castro's not in the race anymore,
但卡斯特罗已经退出竞选了
so why are you still in?
你为什么还在呢
I have 90 volunteers working for me,
我有九十个志愿者为我工作
five paid consultants,
五个付费顾问
small donations from 38,000 people,
三万八千人捐的一小笔款项
all trying to help me win.
全都在帮我取得胜利
And you're asking why am I still in?
你们问我为什么还在竞选
Look, let's just take...
我们先...
No! If I were a man...
不,如果我是个男人
Oh, come on. You never would've...
拜托,你绝不会...
This is about two people trying to run a law firm.
这只是两个人努力经营律所的事
This has nothing to do with sexism.
跟性别歧视没有关系
Like hell it doesn't.
见鬼的没关系
I want to win.
我想赢
I want to beat my opponent.
我想打败对手
You wouldn't even blink if a man had said that.
要是个男人说这话,你们眼都不会眨一下
Why am I still in?
我为什么还在竞选
Because I think I would make a better state's attorney.
因为我觉得我能做个更好的州检察官
There.
就因为这个
You have a problem with that?
你们有什么问题吗
Okay, we need to ready
好,我们需要准备好
a statement for tomorrow's Sun-Times,
明天《太阳时报》上的声明
and I need you to get on the phone
我还需要你跟
with Michael Sneed in five minutes.
迈克·斯妮德通话五分钟
What's wrong?
怎么了
Nothing. Everything's great.
没事,一切都很好
I'm gonna win.
我会赢
Yes, you are.
没错,你会的
Uh, but we've got to keep the momentum going.
但我们得保持势头
Prady took a hit tonight, but we've got to close the deal.
普拉迪今晚失手了,我们得乘胜追击
So, uh, Michael Sneed is a great lady.
迈克·斯妮德是个很好的人
I've known her for a long time.
我认识她很久了
She's not gonna come at you with anything crazy.
她不会问你任何过分的问题
She's gonna talk about family,
只会聊聊家庭
uh, why you got into law in the first place...
你当初为何选择法律...