And does this abandoned pool
这个废弃的游泳池
belong to one of your foreclosed properties?
是否属于你们持有的法拍屋之一
It belongs to one of the properties
这游泳池属于一位
where the householder could not repay his loan.
未能按期还贷的业主的房屋
And therefore, we exercised our prerogative
因此,银行作为止赎权的权利人
as the bank holding the lease to foreclose.
我们行使了自己的权利
And this pool at 233 Graham Court...
这个位于格雷汉姆苑233号的游泳池...
Can I interrupt here?
我能打断一下吗
It would save us all a lot of time to just stipulate
为了节约大家的时间
that the five swimming pools are part
就直说那五个泳池都属于
of the foreclosure package exercised
亚特兰大商业银行的
by the Atlantic Commerce Bank.
法拍屋吧
Good. If you stipulate to that,
好,既然你明确了这一点
it will save us time.
那大家都省时间了
I'll be right back.
我失陪一会
You okay, Kaley?
你自己呆着,没事吧,凯莉
Yeah. Thank you, Mr. Gardner.
我很好,谢谢你,加德纳先生
How's it going?
进行得怎么样
Pulling teeth.
剑拔弩张
What's that?
这是什么东西
Notice of mediation.
调解通知书
For?
给谁的
Both of us. Wednesday.
我们俩,星期三
Why?
什么事由
The bankruptcy.
破产
We have another five weeks.
我们还有五周时间
I know. We need 60 million by February.
我知道,我们在二月前要筹足6千万
And yet, one of our creditors
但是我们的债权人之一
wants a mediation on our progress.
希望对我们的还款进度进行一次调解
Which one? I don't know.
哪一个,不知道
Check with Clarke.
问问克拉克
If we're being called on the carpet, he is, too.
既然我们被法官召见了,他也跑不了
Hmm. Wouldn't hurt to go in with the 15 million
不妨将亚特兰大商业银行的
from Atlantic Commerce.
1500万作为突破口
We went down to 13.
我们降到了1300万
It would be nice to
和解金额
keep that settlement above ten.
最好高于1000万
I'm doing my best.
我全力以赴
Counsel, please tell your client to stop evading and answer.
律师,请叫你的委托人正面回答问题
Yes, after you rephrase.
可以,你先换个问法
Very simply, sir, you foreclosed on these...
简单地说,先生,你收回了这些...
The homeowners neglected to pay.
业主未能按期还贷
You left these homes abandoned, you left these pools...
你将这些房产弃之不理,将这些泳池...
We did nothing. These pools?
我们什么也没做,你说这些泳池
No, sir. After you kicked the homeowners out,
没错,先生,当你们将业主撵出去后
you did nothing with the swimming pools.
你们未对泳池进行任何处理
You let the water stagnate.
任由其积满死水
The water was stagnant already.
泳池本来就积满了水
And that water drew mosquitoes. These mosquitoes, to be exact.
积水滋生蚊虫,确切地说是滋生这类蚊子
And those mosquitoes carried West Nile virus to my client,
这类蚊子将西尼罗河病毒传染给了我的委托人
Kaley Spence. Oh, come on.
凯莉·斯本司,得了吧
Palsgraf v. Long Island Railroad.
根据帕斯格拉芙诉长岛铁路案,
There is no way that Mr. Millam and his bank
米兰姆先生及其银行不可能
could know of this proximate cause.
预见到这种近因
Good, then let your client testify to that.
好吧,那就让你的委托人就此作证
Because what I have here is a warning from the CDC
因为我这份来自疾控中心的警告
mentioning your pools as the culprit.
提到你的泳池就是肇事者
We were not aware of that. "We"?
我们之前没听说过,我们吗
Are we speaking for the whole bank here?
你现在是代表整个银行吗
I was not aware of that. Well, were you aware
我之前不知道,那你是否知道
of this letter of complaint written
这封包括斯本司夫人等邻居
by the neighbors, including Mrs. Spence,
联名提出的投诉信
about the declining conditions of the foreclosed homes,
内容是关于法拍屋日益恶化的卫生状况
including the pools?
包括游泳池
No. I was not aware of it.
不,我不知道
You can see it was not addressed to me.
你看这不是写给我的
Yes. It was addressed to your bank president, Wilkes Ingersol.
没错,这是写给你们银行的行长,威克斯·英格索尔
Luckily, that's who we're deposing next.
幸运的是,我们的下个取证对象就是他
It's up to you now, Alicia.
现在看你的了,艾丽西娅
They sent it up the line to the bank president.
他们将线索引向了银行行长
I'm supposed to depose him in ten minutes.
我十分钟后就要开始对他取证
How's Minnesota?
明尼苏达怎么样
Quiet.
很安静
Ask the president if he ever saw the letter
问问行长是否见过
from the homeowners. If he lies, we got them.
业主的投诉信,如果他撒谎,我们就逮个正着
They don't know we have the notes
他们不知道我们掌握了
from the bank's quarterly meeting.
银行季度会议的记录
Get his backtracking on record, and we win.
把他不承认见过投诉信的说法记录下来,我们就赢了
Okay. I'll call you back in a few hours.
好的,过几个小时我再联系你们
Wow, look who's here.
瞧瞧谁来了
Everywhere I turn.
你真是无处不在
Alicia. What a pleasant surprise.
艾丽西娅,见到你真是惊喜
How's bankruptcy going?
破产的事怎么样了
That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
杀不死我们的反而使我们更强大
Yeah, well, then you're gonna be pretty strong.
这样啊,那你们会非常强大
So, where are we?
我们去哪里
Uh, the business center.
商务中心
They got a business center here?
他们这里居然有商务中心
For the record, I want to restate our agreement.
我先声明,重申一下我们的协议
Mr. Ingersol's a busy man, and he can only offer you
英格索尔非常繁忙,他只能给你三小时
three hours for your deposition.
进行取证
After that, he has to get back to his ranch.
三小时后,他得回农场去
For his vacation?
去度假吗
His working vacation.
他工作度假两不误
Chopping wood? Milking cows?
伐木?挤奶?
It's hard work.
那都是重活
So, we're in agreement, Mrs. Florrick, about three hours?
福瑞克夫人,三小时我们说好了吧
If it's a true three hours, yes.
只要是实实在在的三小时,没错
And if you're in agreement to have the judge
如果你同意直接连线法官
on call so that she can immediately
那她就能立即裁定
settle any and all objections.
任何反对意见
Yes, of course.
当然同意
Are you getting cell phone coverage here?
你的手机在这里有信号吗
If I stand on my bed and put my arms over my head.
如果我站到床上把手举过头顶就有
Okay, we're ready.
好吧,我们准备好了
So, the clock will start
从他一走进那扇门
as soon as he walks through that door.
就开始计时
As soon as he sits in that chair.
从他一坐在那把椅子上再计时
Oh, let's not quibble.
细节问题我们就别争了
Good. Then the chair.
好,那就椅子
Wilkes Ingersol.
威克斯·英格索尔
I'm the president of the Atlantic Commerce Bank,
我是亚特兰大商业银行的行长
and a trustee of the Mercantile Exchange.
也是商品交易所的监管人
Well, it's nice to finally meet you, Mr. Ingersol.
英格索尔先生,很高兴终于见到你了
You're a hard man to find.
真是贵人难寻
Really? Well...
是吗
that's not what my accountant says.
我的会计师可不是这么说的
We've been trying to depose you for 14 months now.
我们为了给你取证,已经等了14个月
Mrs. Florrick, if you wanted to read that into the record,
福瑞克夫人,如果你要这些话记录在案
you could have done so before Mr. Ingersol arrived.
大可在英格索尔先生到之前说
It's all right, Louis. My apologies, ma'am.
没关系,路易斯,很抱歉,夫人
I don't mean to be flippant.
我不是故意油嘴滑舌
Thank you for arranging this deposition near my ranch.
谢谢你将取证安排在我的农场附近
I hope you weren't inconvenienced.
希望没有给你带来不便
I'm fine.
我没有不便
Now, sir, if we could turn to these foreclosed homes
现在,先生,我们来说说这些法拍屋
and their swimming pools...
及其附带的游泳池
Yes. Um, could I say something first?
好的,我能先说两句吗
Certainly, sir.
当然可以
I understand there are a lot of homeowners
据我所知有很多业主
who are underwater.
穷困潦倒
I understand many homebuyers were enticed into taking on
也听说很多买家被诱导
adjustable mortgages that eventually bankrupt them.
选择浮动利率贷款而最终导致破产
But what I often think is that banks
但我总认为银行
are made the bad guys in these equations,
在这种情况下被当做了坏人
and that is unwarranted.
这根本是莫须有的
Thank you, sir. But what I wholly condemn
谢谢,先生,但我非常谴责
are any efforts to advance political causes
任何通过法律手段
through legal means.
达到政治目的的行为
I mean, for example,
比如说
uh, communities using eminent domain
一些团体以征用权
to address bank foreclosures.
来干涉银行止赎权
Or here, using this painful circumstance of a young child
或者像本案,利用一个小孩
with West Nile virus
因西尼罗河病毒导致的病痛
to force us to change our methods on foreclosures.
来逼迫我们改变止赎的方式
I think you've been misinformed, Mr. Ingersol.
我想你的消息有误,英格索尔先生
Kaley Spence is suing you for $15 million.
凯莉·斯本司起诉你赔偿1500万
13 million.
1300万
She's suing you because she had a promising career
她起诉你是因为她本来有望成为
as a ballet dancer,
一名芭蕾舞演员
and now she needs full-time care.
而今她需要全天候看护
We don't need the photos. I think we do
这些照片我们用不着,我觉得用得着
Please leave them.
放着吧
She's a lovely girl.
她是个可爱的小姑娘
I have a 15-year-old daughter myself.
我也有个15岁的女儿
Sir, did you see this letter,
先生,你是否见过这封信
written by the residents of the community complaining
由社区居民提出的对法拍屋
about the state of these foreclosed homes?
卫生状况的投诉
Objection. We have no foundation for this letter.
反对,这封信无事实基础
Mr. Canning, this is a deposition.
坎宁先生,这是在取证
There's no need for foundation.
无需事实基础
That's not true, Mrs. Florrick, and I won't have
不是这样,福瑞克夫人,我不能让
Mr. Ingersol sandbagged...
英格索尔先生落入你的圈套
Then let's call the judge.
那我们给法官打电话
She made you sit down for this deposition.
是她让你们来进行这次取证
She will make you address my question.
她会让你们回答我的问题
I'm sorry, Mrs. Florrick.
抱歉,福瑞克夫人
We're gonna have to leave it there.
今天到此为止
No. Wha... wait a minute.
不行,什...等等
I just received an emergency text I have to address.
我刚收到一条紧急信息必须马上处理
Sir, you have barely been here for three minutes.
先生,你来了顶多就三分钟
I have only asked you one question.
我才问了你一个问题
Two. No, one.
两个,不,一个
The judge was explicit in her ruling.
法官的裁决已经说的很清楚了
If we made the effort to be near your ranch,
若是我们尽力来到你农场附近
you must sit down with us
你就必须坐下来
for at least three hours. And I will.
和我们谈三个小时以上,我会的
But, again, this is an emergency. No, sir!
不过再强调一次,这是紧急情况,不行
I'll be back this afternoon at 2:00.
我下午两点回来
Please be patient. You will get your time.
请耐心些,我会给你时间的
I promise you.
我保证
Well, that is unfortunate.
真是不幸啊
No, I think you're doing well.
不,我觉得你干得不错
We expected a bump in Maddie's polling.
我们料到了玛蒂的民调会有上扬
She's the fresh new thing.
她比较新鲜嘛
Yes, we expected that, too.
没错,我们也料到了
We're still beating her 47 to 42.5.
我们仍以47对42.5领先
That's outside the margin of error.
这已经超出误差范围了
I know. We're not worried.
我知道,我们不担心
And yet you're here.
可你还是来了
It's a visit.
拜访一下而已
The Democratic Committee has a lot invested in your boy Florrick.
民主党委员会对你家福瑞克下了大注
We want to make sure he wins.
我们要确保他能赢
And you're worried he won't?
你担心他赢不了吗
I'm worried the sun won't rise tomorrow, Eli.
我这人就是忧心重,伊莱
It's a visit. That's all.
拜访一下,仅此而已
Thank you.
谢谢
Come again sometime.
欢迎下次再来
I heard something.
我听到些风声
Something that worried me.
这让我感到担忧
I heard your offices were raided.
听说你们的办公室被突袭了
It's nothing, Frank.
没事的,弗兰克
It's not nothing.
这不叫没事
No raid is nothing. A raid is something.
没有突袭才没事,有突袭就是有事
It's not about the candidate.
不是针对彼得的
I know it's not about the candidate. It's about you.
我知道不是针对他,是针对你的
I'm not hiding anything from you.
我没有隐瞒你什么
There are forces
司法部内部
within the Justice Department
有些势力
that do not want Peter to win the governorship.
不希望彼得当选州长
Now, they don't have the facts to come after him,
他们没有彼得的把柄
so they're coming after me as a steppingstone to Peter.
所以他们把我当踏板来接近彼得
And they have the facts to come after you? N-No.
他们有你的把柄吗,没有
I'm just saying, they know
我只是说
that Peter without me would be limping.
他们知道彼得没了我不行
So, they want this.
所以这样正中他们下怀
They want you coming to me suggesting...
他们要你来建议我...
What are you suggesting?
你有什么建议?
Not that you resign.
不是要你辞职
You're not an issue yet.
你现在还没有问题
But you need a strong second
但你需要一个强有力的副手
in case you do become an issue.
以防你出了问题
I know you don't like it, Eli.
我知道你不喜欢这样,伊莱
But you need a second.
但你的确需要一名副手
So, 2:00 P.M., huh?
不是说下午两点吗
Yes. I'm not sure what happened.
是的,我也不知道出了什么事
The judge won't be happy.
法官不会高兴的
Mr. Ingersol is a very...
英格索尔先生是个非常...
If I hear one more time how busy Mr. Ingersol is,
我再听你说一次英格索尔先生有多忙
I will strangle you.
我就勒死你
Hello?
喂
Yeah, yeah. I understand.
好,好,我知道了
No, uh, she's here. I'll tell her.
不用,她在,我转达给她
Okay, thank you. Bye.
谢谢,再见
Mr. Ingersol would like to apologize...
英格索尔先生非常抱歉
Let's get the judge on the line. It's an emergency.
打给法官,这是紧急情况
He said he just has to delay until tomorrow morning.
他说他得推迟到明天早上
He set aside three hours starting at 10:00.
他从十点开始预留了三个小时
He won't count today's ten minutes against it.
今天的十分钟不会算进去
He wanted me to apologize to you personally.
他要求我亲自向你道歉
He said he really enjoyed his time with you this morning.
他说今天上午与你交谈很愉快
Let the record reflect
请记录
that Mr. Ingersol has refused to attend...
英格索尔先生拒绝参加...
He didn't refuse to attend. ... failed to appear
他没有拒绝... 没能按时出现
in a court-mandated deposition, despite promising to attend
在法庭命令的庭外取证会上,尽管他保证
between the hours of 2:00 and 5:00 P.M. Today.
在今天下午两点到五点间出席
Alicia, you might want to look at this tonight.
艾丽西娅,也许今晚你该看看这个
The CDC has revised their report.
疾控中心修改了他们的报告
It seems there's another possible cause for the outbreak
似乎除了我们的游泳池之外
of West Nile virus besides just our swimming pools.
西尼罗河病毒还有另一个可能的爆发源
A koi pond?!
一个鲤鱼塘?
Yes, from a house that wasn't foreclosed.
没错,属于一幢没被银行收回的房子
Damn it.
该死
The CDC report isn't saying
疾控中心报告没有确定
it's definitely from the koi pond
病毒究竟是来自这个鲤鱼塘
or from the swimming pools.
还是来自游泳池
But the koi pond also had stagnant water.
只是这个鲤鱼池里也有死水
The bank just got its wiggle room.
这下银行就有回旋余地了
Yup.
是啊
Okay, Alicia, we'll handle this on our end.
好的,艾丽西娅,我们来处理这个
You just get the bank president on record
你只要把取得银行老板
about the neighbors' letter.
关于邻里来信的证词
When is he supposed to arrive?
他什么时候能到
10:00 A.M. tomorrow, but I think I'm getting the runaround.
明早十点,但我觉得他们在推诿
Yeah. They'll probably wait until you're out get
他们可能会趁着你吃早饭什么的时候来找你
breakfast or something, then they'll tell the judge
然后告诉法官
the witness was available, but they couldn't find you.
证人准备好了却找不到你
Mm. Unfortunately, you'll have to outwait them.
不幸的是,你得耗得过他们
Stay close to your room so they can't say you were out.
别离开太远,这样他们不能说找不到你
Oh. Yeah, okay. But I was only planning to stay for one night.
好的,可我本来只打算待一个晚上
We'll get clothes and incidentals out to you.
我们会把衣物和杂物带给你的
Mr. Hayden.
海登先生
Hello. I've been trying to get to you all day.
你好,我找了你一天了
Yes. I've been in meetings
是的,我一直在开会
Do you have a minute? No, actually, I don't.
有空么,不,没有
Have you, uh, received a notice of mediation?
你有没有收到调解的通知?
No.
没有
But you...
可你
Mr. Hayden, is-is there something I should know?
海登先生,有没有什么我该知道的
I requested the mediation.
是我要求的调解
You?
你?
Why?
为什么
You need to be removed from your positions.
你们两个应该被去职
The firm can't be merged with you in control.
你们两个掌控下的公司不可能合并
Mr. Hayden, this is...
海登先生,这实在是...
We've been nothing but cordial.
我们一直以热忱待您
This is not about cordial.
这与热忱无关
I had a firm ready to merge,
我本有一家公司可以合并
to pay off your creditors, and you sabotaged it.
偿清你们的债务,你们却毁了这机会
It was a bad deal. They wanted to break us up.
那不是桩好买卖,他们想分拆我们
Yes, they did. That's exactly the point, Ms. Lockhart.
没错,问题就在这,洛克哈特小姐
You have creditors, you owe them money.
你有一堆债主,你欠他们钱
They are not interested in your self-fulfillment.
他们对你们的自我实现不感兴趣
They are interested in their money.
他们关心的是他们的钱
Then let us make them their money.
那就让我们给他们挣钱
Well, you'll have a chance to argue that in mediation.
你可以在调解的时候说啊
If we merge the firm, the creditors will receive
如果我们让公司合并,债主马上就可以
70 cents on the dollar right now.
收回七成投资
Or they can trust that you will bring this firm back.
或者他们会相信你能让公司起死回生
Either way, I'll see you in mediation.
不管怎样,调解会上见了
No, no, take it. No, no.
不,你拿吧,不用
I'm fine. You.
我没事,你拿吧
I probably have more in my room.
我房间里可能还有
Are you sure? I can split it with you.
你确定吗,我们可以分分
No, that'd be messy.
不用,那样就乱了
Thanks. I think the next store is 50 miles away.
谢谢,我估计最近的店离这也有50里地
Are you here for the air show?
你是来参观航空展的吗
No.
不是
There's an air show? Yeah, I think so.
有航空展?我想是吧
The hotel clerk kept talking about it. It was...
旅馆店员一直在谈,真是...
Oh. Excuse me. I have to run.
抱歉,我得走了
Mr. Canning! Hi. I'm here. I'm here. What's up?
坎宁先生,我在这,什么事
Oh, yeah, Alicia, I was... I was just about to leave you a note.
艾丽西娅,我正要给你留便条
Mr. Ingersol can come in earlier this morning.
英格索尔先生今早能来
Right now, as a matter of fact.
就现在,实际上
Uh, we thought we'd missed you.
我们本以为错过你了
I'm ready. I will meet you at the business center.
我准备好了,商务中心见
Right.
好的
Must have been delayed.
肯定是被拖延了
That seems to happen a lot.
似乎是常态了
I have a friend who... who's dying.
我有个朋友,快死了
Wants me to give the eulogy at-at his funeral.
希望我在他葬礼上致悼词
He just e-mailed me.
他刚给我来了电子邮件
He's dying, and he sent you an e-mail?
快死的人了还能发电子邮件?
His wife did.
他妻子发的
I hate that people my age are starting to die.
我恨我这个年纪的人已经开始去世了
It's really horrible.
太可怕了
It is.
是啊
He was my roommate in college.
他是我大学的室友
Ian Keyes.
伊恩·奇斯
Smartest guy I ever met.
我见过的最聪明的家伙
Ever give a eulogy?
你致过悼词吗
Yes.
有过
To someone close?
给亲近的人?
Yes.
是的
Who?
谁
My father.
我父亲
I'm sorry.
抱歉
How old was he when he died?
他去世时几岁
60
60.
That's young.
还很年轻啊
It is.
没错
Am I upsetting you?
我让你烦心了吗
No. Um, why don't you call Mr. Ingersol,
没有,你能不能打给英格索尔先生
and see what time he's gonna be here?
看看他什么时候能到这里
I'm not playing you, Alicia. He's coming.
我没有在玩你,他是在路上了
I know.
我知道
Yeah. We're here.
是的,我们到了
No?
不行吗
Okay, wh-when?
好吧,那什么时候
All right, well, just keep me in touch.
好的,保持联系
2:00 this afternoon.
下午两点
Let the record reflect
请记录
that Mr. Ingersol has refused to appear
英格索尔先生
at a court-mandated deposition...
拒绝出席法庭命令的庭外取证会
again.
是再一次拒绝
You sure you want to do this?
你确定要这么做吗
What's the downside?
可能会有什么负面影响吗
You're a low priority.
你的案子优先级比较低
Provoking them with a harassment suit
用骚扰诉讼刺激他们
could make you a high priority.
可能会让你成为优先目标
I don't think I have any option.
我想我没得选了
I'm sorry to keep you waiting.
抱歉让你们久等了
I'm brand-new on this case, and there was a disagreement
我刚接手这个案子,在谁来开会的问题上
about who should take this meeting.
我们有点分歧
Ms. Lockhart, Mr. Gold,
洛克哈特女士,戈德先生
good to see you again.
很高兴再次见到你们
Oh, come on!
拜托
This is a conflict of interest.
你跟案子有利害冲突
What's that, Mr. Gold?
什么利害冲突,戈德先生
You ran against my boss. You lost.
你和我老板竞选,你输了
I beat you. Yes, that's true.
我打败了你,对,没错
Two years ago.
但那是两年前的事了
You asked for a proffer against Mr. Florrick.
你曾要求我提供对福瑞克先生的不利证言
That is a conflict of interest.
那就是利害冲突
No, that was my investigator, Mr. LaGuardia.
不,那是我的调查员拉瓜地亚先生提的
I have since rescinded that offer.
我已经把它撤销了
Discounts for donations is a serious business, Mr. Gold.
以打折服务换取捐款,可是很严重的,戈德先生
The DOJ takes it very seriously.
司法部对待此事非常严肃
God. No one disappears.
天呐,谁都不会消失
They all come back, like zombies.
个个阴魂不散,像僵尸一样
Eli. This is a complaint, Ms. Scott-Carr,
伊莱,这是份投诉,斯科特卡尔女士
against the DOJ and your department.
对司法部和你部门的投诉
We are charging you with harassment.
我们告你骚扰
Please read it. I will.
请读一下吧,我会的
And I'll have my secretary contact you
之后我会让秘书联系你
about a time to interview.
确定访问时间的
You want to beat Peter, do it at the ballot box.
你想打败彼得,那就在竞选上来
Don't use this petty ploy.
别用这些小手段
This is not about beating Peter.
这和打败彼得没关系
So you're angry at me now?
那你现在是生我的气了
Do I look angry?
我看起来像在生气吗
My directive here is simple:
我在这里的任务很简单
clean up political corruption.
清除政治腐败
That's all.
仅此而已
You underestimate me
如果你觉得我在凭偏见做事
if you think I'm working from bias.
那就太低估我了
I'll be in touch.
我会再联系你的
And you'll read our complaint?
你会看我们的申诉吗
Oh, yes. I have it right here.
当然,我好好拿着呢
Sorry, I have to get to my next meeting.
抱歉,我要去开下一个会了
Hello?
你好
Oh, hi.
你好
I just saw you had to run off, so, I...
我看到你急匆匆走了,就...
Oh, my gosh.
天呐
You didn't have to do that.
你太客气了
I know. It was nothing.
我知道,没什么的
Well, thank you.
谢谢你
Uh... what do I owe you?
我得还你多少钱
No, no, no, nothing.
不不不,什么都不用
Well, I have to pay you something.
我必须得把钱还你
No, you don't. No. Next time. I'm Simone.
不用了,下次吧,我叫西蒙
Oh, um, Alicia.
我叫艾丽西娅
There aren't many people around here. Yes, I know.
这附近真没什么人来,对,我知道
It's so strange that they built this big hotel up here.
所以他们在这里建这么大个饭店挺奇怪的
So, are you here for vacation or something?
那你来这里是旅行还是做什么
Oh, no. Work. You?
不是旅行,为了工作,你呢
Oh, my husband's here for work.
我丈夫到这里出差
You are probably the lawyer that he's here to meet.
你应该就是他要来见的律师吧
Are you Mrs. Canning?
你是坎宁夫人吗
Yes. Are you Mrs. Florrick?
对,你是福瑞克夫人?
Yes. My husband speaks so highly of you.
对,我丈夫对你评价很高
He does? Yes.
真的,真的
He does. He thinks you're fantastic.
是真的,他觉得你非常好
For a while there, I thought I should be jealous.
有一阵我还觉得很吃醋
I'm joking.
我开玩笑的
But we should have breakfast sometime.
我们有时间一起吃早饭吧
You know, if we're going to be here for a while.
如果我们还要在这里待几天的话
Are we going to be here for a while?
我们还会在这里待几天吗
I don't know. You tell me.
我不知道,你说呢
Well, it was really nice to meet you.
认识你真的很高兴
So, I'll call you for breakfast?
我回头打电话约你吃早餐?
Good. Yeah. Okay.
好的,没问题,好
Simone?
西蒙
Yes?
怎么
I was so sorry to hear about your husband's friend.
我为你丈夫的朋友感到很惋惜
The one who's dying?
那个将不久于人世的朋友
Who's that?
是谁
Oh, never mind. It was my mistake.
别管了,是我想错了
It was lovely to meet you, Simone.
认识你很高兴,西蒙
You, as well, Alicia.
我也是,艾丽西娅
Good job, Kalinda. He's sure?
干得漂亮,凯琳达,他确定吗
Yeah. Look, as far as I can tell,
对,就目前我所了解的情况
the Aedus... Eedus...? Aed...?
白纹...百纹...白什么
Aedes albopictus.
白纹伊蚊
The...
那个...
this kind of mosquito breed doesn't transmit West Nile,
这种蚊子不会传播西尼罗河病毒
so it couldn't have come from the koi pond.
所以病毒不可能来自鲤鱼塘
That virus is transmitted by the ae-aed...
病毒是由艾...
The other one? Aedes aegypti.
另一种叫什么,埃及伊蚊
Aedes aegypti.
埃及伊蚊
By a different type of mosquito.
由另一种蚊子传播的
Excellent. Very good.
太棒了,非常好
Just get him on the record.
给他做证言记录
Ah, that'll be fun.
好,那会很有意思的
We'll call you back, Kalinda.
我们一会打给你
What's going on out there?
外面那是怎么了
He's getting Cary in line to testify against us.
他在争取凯里作对我们不利的证明
I just want to make sure we're on the same page.
我只想确定我们是有共识的
I think we are. Yeah.
我觉得我们有,没问题
Good. Thank you, Cary.
好的,谢谢你,凯里
Cary?
凯里
Yes?
怎么
What was Clarke discussing with you?
克拉克跟你聊了什么
Uh, nothing. He just wanted to know
没什么,就是想了解一下
about the clients who left last week.
上周离开的那个客户的情况
And what did you say?
你说了什么
I said nothing.
什么也没说
I just listened. We're just a little
我就听了,我们有点担心
worried he's trying to line up a case against us, Cary.
他在试图搜索对我们不利的证据,凯里
And that he might use you.
而他可能会利用你
Do you think that's a possibility?
你觉得有可能吗
He didn't say anything about that.
他没提相关的事
Can we, um, talk to you, Cary,
凯里,我们...能认为
about possibly testifying for us?
你有可能帮我们作证吗
2:30. And here we are again.
两点半,我们依然如此
Why don't you go for a walk? I'll get you when he comes.
你干嘛不去散个步,他来了我叫你
How's your friend who's dying?
你那个将死的朋友怎么样了
Have you heard any more from him?
你有收到更多的消息吗
No. Why?
没有,怎么了
Maybe you should call him.
你也许该给他打个电话
Maybe he's dead.
也许他已经死了
Excuse me?
抱歉,你什么意思
Oh, I'm sorry.
不好意思
Am I being insensitive?
是我太口无遮拦了吗
How's the eulogy coming?
悼词写得怎么样了
I mean, maybe you could ask Simone to help you on that.
我是说,你也许可以让西蒙帮你写
You met my wife.
你见过我妻子了
Yes, I did.
对,我见了
She's wonderful.
她人很好
Yes, she's... my better half.
对,她是...我更好的那一半
She's your only half.
她是你唯一的一半
Funny, she'd never heard of Ian Keyes, your roommate.
有趣的是,她从未听说过你室友伊恩·奇斯
Yeah, well...
对,这个...
I don't share everything with her.
我不会把所有事都跟她说
Your lies, for example.
比如,你的谎言
You don't share your lies?
你不跟她分享你的谎言?
No.
对
Those I save for you.
谎言是留给你的
What was even the point
编一个自己朋友将不久人世的谎言
of lying about a dying friend?
能有什么意义呢
I don't know. It was a way of connecting.
我也不知道,只是引起一点共鸣
Didn't you feel we were connected?
你不觉得我们当时有共鸣吗
How does a bastard like you end up with such a wonderful wife?
你这么个混蛋怎么找到那么好的妻子的
Women like bastards.
女人喜欢混蛋
Didn't you notice that? It's like a challenge.
你没发现吗,就像挑战一样
Beauty and the Beast.
美女与野兽
It fits in with all the fairy tales you grew up consuming.
完全吻合与你们从小到大看的各种童话
Oh, my God.
天呐
Oh, there's Godot.
戈多来了
Hello.
你好
All right. Really?
好的,真的吗
Let the record show that Mr. Ingersol has refused
请记录,英格索尔先生
to attend a court-mandated deposition for the fourth time.
第四次拒绝出席法庭命令的庭外取证会
He was literally a minute away when he had another call.
他接到另一个电话时真只离这一分钟路程了
Oh, really? Just a minute away? Wow.
真的?就一分钟路远了?
He says he can reschedule for tomorrow at 10:00.
他说他可以改约明早十点
Okay, sure. Um, it'll just...
好的,没问题,正好...
It'll give you some time to read this.
给你点时间看看这个
It's saying that the CDC is updating their report again.
上面说疾控中心更新了报告
The mosquito carrying
携带西尼罗河病毒的文字
the West Nile virus could not have come from the koi pond.
不可能来自鲤鱼塘
That's the wrong kind of mosquito.
那种蚊子品种不对
The right kind of mosquito could only
正确的品种只可能
have come from the swimming pools.
来自游泳池
So, nice try, Mr. Canning, but you lost.
所以坎宁先生,你出的招不错,但你输了
And every day that this deposition is delayed,
而这作证会每延迟一天
the judge is getting angrier, so...
法官都会更愤怒,所以...
...might want to rethink your strategy.
你可能愿意重新思考一下策略了
Yeah, it's me.
对,是我
Yeah, I need you to look into something.
对,我需要你帮我查点东西
So, Kaley, hi.
凯莉,你好
Hi.
你好
I just want to ask you a few questions,
我想问你几个问题
and I know they might seem odd to you,
可能这些问题对你来说会比较奇怪
but please bear with me.
但还是请你好好回答
Have you ever heard of Aedes aegypti?
你知道埃及伊蚊吗
No.
不知道
Well, I can understand why.
我明白原因
That's a very long word for a very small mosquito.
对小蚊子来说这名字是太长了
You don't have to patronize her. She's not eight years old.
你没必要循循善诱的,她又不是才八岁
Thank you, Mr. Agos.
谢谢提醒,艾格斯先生
This is an Aedes aegypti, Kaley.
这就是埃及伊蚊,凯莉
This is the breed of mosquito that carries the West Nile virus.
就是这种蚊子携带有西尼罗病毒
We didn't know that until your attorneys pointed it out,
我们也是经你的律师提醒才知道的
so thank you,
所以也谢谢你们了
Mr. Gardner, Mr. Agos.
加德纳先生,艾格斯先生
What do you have?
你有什么牌
Now here are diagrams of the five abandoned swimming pools
这里是有这种蚊子滋生的
that bred the mosquitoes.
五个废弃泳池的结构图
Seems you've dropped the "Supposedly""
既然你没说"据推测"
Are we in agreement,
那你们是同意我们的说法了
the pools bred these mosquitoes?
这种蚊子是你们的池子里滋生的?
Yes, we are. Hallelujah.
是的,哈利路亚
Now, here are five diagrams of the five backyards,
这里分别是五个场地的五张图表
and do you see here?
看到这里没
Here are the distances between the pools and the perimeter fences.
这都是泳池和外围栅栏之间的距离
30 yards, 40 yards. And so on.
30码(27.4米)40码(36.6米)等等
Do you see? Yes.
明白了吗,是的
The thing about Aedes aegypti:
埃及伊蚊的特点是
they are peridomestic mosquitoes.
它们是近家栖类的蚊子
That means they exhibit short flight ranges
就是说它们只能在不到50英尺(15.24米)的
of less than 50 feet.
短距离范围内活动
That means there is no way they could have flown beyond
也就是说它们根本不可能飞出
their respective yards.
它们各自的场地
Are you testifying here, Martha?
你这是在作证吗,玛莎
All preamble.
铺垫罢了
Here's my question.
我的问题是
Kaley, did you climb the fence
凯莉,你有没有爬过栅栏
into one of these abandoned yards?
进入其中的一个废弃场地
Sorry to ask you again, Kaley,
抱歉还得问一遍,凯莉
but you must tell the truth here.
但你必须说实话
Did you climb the fence
你有没有爬过栅栏
into one or more of the yards of these abandoned houses?
进入其中的一个或几个废弃场地
One.
一个
With my friends.
和我的朋友一起
Then, I'm sorry, but the plaintiff
我很抱歉,但原告擅自闯入了
trespassed onto our property,
我们的领地
and we cannot be held liable for that trespass.
我们对擅自闯入引发的后果不负责任
This suit is over.
这案子了结了
My name is Serafina Norvey, and before we get started,
我是瑟拉芬娜·诺威,在我们开始之前
I'd like to set the ground rules for this mediation.
我想先把这次调解的规矩说清楚
Granted, we're in your offices, and outside those doors,
虽然我们是在你们的办公室,在这扇门外
you may all be bosses,
你们或许都是老板
but in here, I am the empress.
但在这儿,我是女皇
Now, I understand,
好了,我知道
as the court-appointed trustee,
法院委任的监管人的意见是
you'd like to have the two principals removed as managing partners?
你想撤销这两位负责人的管理职位
Yes. They blocked a merger of the firm
是的,他们阻挠了我安排的
that I'd arranged with Burl Preston.
与伯尔·普雷斯顿的合并计划
That merger would have met all the financial obligations
那个合并本来可以解决所有的
of the bankruptcy. Is that true?
由破产引起的债务问题,是这样吗
A merger was never part of the original arrangement.
最初的计划中没有合并这个选项
Mr. Hayden overstepped his authority
在还未满5个月的期限下
when he tried to arrange that deal
海登先生就试着安排合并交易
before the full term of the five-month deadline.
这属越权行为
My job was
我的工作是
to satisfy the terms set down by the court.
满足法院规定的条款
Actually, it was against the terms of the court,
但实际上,这和法院条款相违背
in that it did not honor the original timeframe.
它没有遵守最初的时间表
Also, it worked to undermine our progress.
并且,它还妨碍了我们的进度
What progress?
什么进度
We've managed to raise a great deal of money
我们在很短的时间内
in a short amount of time.
成功筹到了一大笔钱
How much?
多少
Excuse me?
你说什么
How much money?
多少钱
$20 million.
二千万
Which is 40 million short of what they need.
就是说还有四千万的缺口
And we are very close to finalizing a $13 million settlement
我们和亚特兰大商业银行的一笔
with Atlantic Commerce Bank.
1300万的交易也很接近了
They are not "Very close."
算不上什么"很接近"
They are in deposition.
只是在取证而已
Which is how it works, Mr. Hayden.
都是这么进行的,海登先生
You negotiate in depositions.
在取证中谈判
You try to stay out of court.
避免上法庭
Ma'am, if we had a trustee who understood the law...
女士,要是我们的监管人懂法...
Excuse me. I know as much as anyone...!
抱歉,我和其他人懂得一样多...
All right, all right.
好了,好了
This is not marriage court.
这不是在打离婚官司
I'm not here to make you like each other.
我不是来让你们互相喜欢的
But, Ms. Lockhart, Mr. Gardner,
但是,洛克哈特夫人,加德纳先生
I think you're losing sight of the big picture here.
我认为你们没有看清大局
This isn't about you.
重要的不是你们
This is about your creditors.
是你们的债权人
Yes, Your Honor. "Ma'am."
是的,法官阁下,"女士"就行了
I'm not a judge.
我不是法官
Excuse me, ma'am.
抱歉,女士
Our creditors are voting with their pocketbook
我们的债权人掏钱将我们的债务买下
by buying up our debt.
正是信任我们的表现
They are? Yes.
是吗,是的
We recently got in touch with our creditors
我们最近联系了我们原本的债权人
about this mediation,
想讨论一下这次调解
and they informed us that they no longer are our creditors.
他们通知我们,他们不再是我们的债权人了
A consortium of financiers called Encinal Equity
一个叫橡树资产的金融家财团
has purchased their debt.
购买了他们的债务
And people don't buy bad debt.
有人买的债,不会是坏债
Yes, but by that logic,
不错,但根据这个逻辑
your creditors are fleeing your debt by selling it.
你们原本的债权人通过转让,把你们的债甩掉
People don't sell good debt.
有人卖的债,不会是好债
Ma'am, all we ask is
女士,我们所要求的
for enough time to present our arguments.
就是有足够的时间来展示我们的理由
This mediation has come as quite a surprise to us.
这次调解让我们有点措手不及
How long will you need?
你们需要多久
We should be prepared to present
我们应该下周就可以
witnesses and evidence by next week.
准备好证人和证词了
Tomorrow.
明天
Let's talk about the swimming pool
我们来谈谈这个位于
at 233 Graham Court.
格雷汉姆苑233号的游泳池
This one here.
就是这个
This pool had several water features, correct?
这个泳池有好几个水上项目,对吗
I'm not sure? what you mean.
我不明白你的意思,
In addition to having a deep end and a shallow end,
除了有深水和浅水区
there was also a diving board, a waterfall, and a grotto?
还有跳水板,瀑布和洞穴
Okay. I agree.
是的,我同意
Was the grotto boarded up after the bank took possession?
银行接管后,洞穴封闭了吗
No.
不是
Did you receive reports from neighbors
你有没有从邻居那听说
that the waterfall feature was being used by skateboarders?
滑板爱好者经常利用这些水上项目
Where's this going, gentlemen?
你要说什么,先生
Mr. Millam, would you admit
米兰姆先生,你认同该泳池
the pool was an attractive nuisance?
属诱惑性损害吗
Objection.
反对
That does not apply here.
这不适用于本案
Kaley climbed a fence to reach the pool.
凯莉是爬过栅栏才进入的泳池
Which makes it a textbook case of attractive nuisance.
这样就更是典型的诱惑性损害了
It's the responsibility of the homeowner--
房产主人
in this case, Atlantic Commerce Bank to secure the swimming pool
即亚特兰大商行,有责任做好泳池的安全措施
and make sure it did not become a danger to children.
确保它不会对儿童构成危害
Once again, there was a fence,
再说一次,那儿是有栅栏的
and your client is not a child.
你的当事人也并非儿童
Kaley Spence was 12 years old at the time.
凯莉·斯本司当时只有12岁
A very young, sheltered 12.
一个幼小的,不谙世事的12岁小女孩
So you were sheltered? Is that it, Kaley?
你当时不谙世事?是么,凯莉
You want to question our client, depose her.
要问我们当事人问题,走采证程序
Oh, you sure are well-dressed.
你打扮得真讲究哪
Thanks.
谢谢
And you are in my office.
而你在我的办公室
Oh, I see you two have met.
你们见面了啊
Eli Gold, Jordan Karahalios.
伊莱·戈登,乔丹·卡拉利赫斯
The boy wonder.
原来是神奇小子
God, I hate that name.
老天,我讨厌这个名字
The ever-quotable Rahm Emanuel.
拉姆·伊曼纽尔叫过我这个,
Never gonna live that down.
看来是摆脱不了这个名字了
We were headed out to see Peter.
我们正要去见彼得
I figured you two should meet first.
但我想你们应该先见一下
Because...?
因为...
That thing we discussed before,
我们之前讨论过的那事
about how you needed a second.
你需要一个助手什么的
I like Peter.
我喜欢彼得
He's not one of those processed sales jobs.
他不是那种加工过的推销品
He's got grit.
他很有性格
Jordan wants to offer you guys some time.
乔丹想为你们工作
He's had lots of offers.
他可是有一大堆工作机会的
Even Maddie Hayward, isn't that right?
甚至玛蒂·海沃德都给他工作了,对吗
Yeah, she's great.
没错,她很棒
A little green, maybe.
或许嫩了点
So, you think you two can work together?
你觉得你们能一起工作吗
I heard you like to work alone, Jordan.
我听说你喜欢单独工作,乔丹
I do.
是的
But I also like to learn from my elders.
但我也喜欢向老前辈学习
I just want to get an idea
我只是想弄清楚
how you might handle certain situations, okay?
在一些特定情况下你会怎么做,好吗
Okay.
好的
Would you ever go into a store and take something
你会去商店
without paying for it?
拿了东西却不付钱吗
No.
不会
If you got lost in an airport, what would you do?
如果在机场迷路了,你会怎么办
Find a policeman and ask him to help.
找到警察,向他求助
Were you ever allowed to stay home alone
你有没有被允许在没有保姆的情况下
without a babysitter?
一个人呆在家里过
Sometimes.
有时会
Well, I used to.
那是以前的事
Not now, because of what happened to me.
现在我的身体情况已不允许了
Thank you, Kaley.
谢谢你,凯莉
That's all.
就这样
Your client is mature enough to understand right and wrong.
你们的委托人足够成熟,能分辨是非
Attractive nuisance does not apply here.
诱惑性损害对本案不适用
That's not for you to decide.
这不是你能决定的
That's right. It's for a jury.
你说得对,那是由陪审团决定的
Which means court.
也就意味着要上法庭
Which means we're not negotiating a settlement.
而上法庭意味着我们不会庭外和解
Damn it.
该死
Still in a holding pattern.
还在等着呢
He's supposed to be here in an hour,
我们约定一小时后开始
but I'm not holding my breath.
但我不觉得他会准时到达
We really need Ingersol.
英格索尔的证词至关重要
The case is going down the drain.
不然我们就前功尽弃了
I think it's about this merger with Corsica Pacific.
我觉得和科西嘉太平洋公司的并购案有关
What do you mean?
你什么意思
Alicia, they're stalling
艾丽西娅,他们一直拖着
because they don't want a $13 million settlement
是因为不想让一笔1300万的赔偿金
to mess up this merger. Well, we can't wait.
毁掉并购计划,我们等不了
Alicia, is there any way you can
艾丽西娅,你能找到证据
get proof they're stalling?
证明他们故意拖延吗
Bad news, unfortunately.
很不幸,又得改时间
Really? What a surprise.
真的吗,太出乎意料了
Yeah, it'll have to be pushed till this afternoon.
是的,恐怕要改到今天下午了
Something came up at the last minute.
临时出了些紧急情况
I say, it's pushed till this afternoon.
没听见吗,取证会推迟到下午了
I thought we would use this time to depose someone else.
我们可以用这个时间来采集其他人的证词
What, for practice? Rita!
什么,彩排吗,丽塔
What's going on here, Alicia?
你要干什么,艾丽西娅
Please have a seat, Ms. Neves.
请坐,内维斯小姐
Would you state your name and your occupation for the record?
请说出你的姓名与职业以供记录
Rita Neves.
丽塔·内维斯
I am a housekeeper here at the Janesville Mountain Retreat.
我是金斯维尔山庄酒店的保洁员
What, are we playing games here?
搞什么,你玩过家家呢
And this morning, were you near enough
今天早上,你是否在坎宁先生附近
to Mr. Canning to overhear his telephone conversation?
并听到他在打电话
Yes. I was in his room cleaning
是的,我去打扫他的房间
while he was talking on the phone.
他当时正在打电话
Objection. That's hearsay.
反对,这是传闻证据
Can you describe what you heard?
请描述你听到了什么
He say, "No, don't come now.
他说,"别,先别过来
I call when Florrick steps out""
等福瑞克走了我打给你"
Objection.
反对
That had nothing to do with Wilkes Ingersol.
那通电话与威克斯·英格索尔无关
Is that statement for the record?
你这话要作为呈堂证供吗
This conversation is totally taken out of context.
你这完全是断章取义
It had nothing to do with Wilkes Ingersol.
那段话与威克斯·英格索尔毫无关系
It was to my... partners in Chicago.
我是在打给我...芝加哥律所的合伙人
Ed, you can come in now!
艾德,进来吧
What now, Mrs. Florrick?
你又要搞什么,福瑞克夫人
You got some farmers you want to depose?
采集某个农夫的证词吗
Can you state your name and occupation?
请说出你的姓名与职业
Ed Jeffries. I work at the front desk.
艾德·杰弗瑞,我在前台工作
And, um, can you tell me how many calls were made
可以告诉我,共有几通电话
from Mr. Canning's hotel room?
从坎宁先生的房间拨出吗
Objection.
反对
Your objection has been preserved for the record.
您的反对已被记录在案
Please tell me how many calls
请告诉我有几通电话
were placed from Mr. Canning's room?
从坎宁先生的房间拨出
Four. That is private information.
四通,那是我的隐私
And were all those calls placed to the same number?
四通电话都是打给同一个号码吗
Three to the Ingersol Ranch,
三通是打给英格索尔农场的
one to another local number.
另一通是一个当地号码
So no calls were placed
所以没有任何一通电话
to Mr. Canning's partners in Chicago?
是打给坎宁先生芝加哥律所的合伙人对吗
Well, there were no calls to Chicago.
没有打到芝加哥的电话
Thank you, Ed.
谢谢你,艾德
Don't you want to stay for my call to the judge?
你不留下来等我给法官打电话吗
Or do you want to be held in contempt in absentia?
还是你想因缺席而被判藐视法庭呢
Given this evidence, Mr. Canning,
坎宁先生,依据这些证据
I rule for the plaintiff.
我支持原告
Present the witness or be held in contempt.
让证人来作证,否则我会判你藐视法庭
When is the earliest he can be deposed?
他最早什么时候能来作证
Tomorrow morning at 10:00.
明早十点
Your Honor, Mr. Canning has been saying that for two days now.
法官阁下,坎宁先生已这样拖了两天了
Mr. Ingersol is dealing with an ongoing emergency.
英格索尔先生在处理一个突发事件
Mr. Canning, have your client there
坎宁先生,让你的委托人明早十点
10:00 a.m. or be held in contempt.
前来作证,否则你会被判藐视法庭
Do you understand?
听明白了吗
I do.
明白
I'll see you at 10:00.
明早十点见
I don't need a lawyer.
我没在找律师
Yes, but you never know about the future, Mr. Ellstrom.
我知道,但以后的事谁也说不准,埃斯特伦先生
Tobin.
叫我托宾
I'm not in politics anymore, Ms. Lockhart.
我已经不搞政治了,洛克哈特小姐
The Department of Justice is making moves
司法部正在采取行动
against past and current campaign managers,
审查以往和当下的竞选经理人
so I think that you should review your past campaigns.
我认为您应该审查一下您以前的竞选活动
"Making moves"?
采取行动?
On what issue?
要查什么
Discounts for donations.
为拉赞助给出的优惠条件
Campaign managers offering discounted legal services
竞选经理为赞助者提供优惠的法律服务
in exchange for campaign contributions.
以换取竞选活动赞助
That's just Chicago politics.
这不是芝加哥政坛潜规则嘛
And since you were a lawyer prior to your work
考虑到您在做温迪·斯科特卡尔的
as Wendy Scott-Carr's campaign strategist,
竞选经理前曾是名律师
I thought there might be some issue there.
我认为您也许会被找上麻烦
This is about Wendy Scott-Carr?
这事跟温迪的竞选有关
No.
不
It's about all your campaign work.
是跟您所有的竞选工作有关
But Wendy Scott-Carr especially?
但尤其是温迪的竞选对吗
Okay.
好吧
I'll think about it.
我会考虑的
Certainly. Here's my card.
好的,这是我的名片
Don't forget.
别忘了
Hello, Tobin.
你好,托宾
How nice to hear from you.
真高兴接到你的电话
Do you know a lawyer named Diane Lockhart?
你认识一个叫戴安·洛克哈特的律师吗
Yes, I do. Why?
认识,怎么了
She just approached me about my past work with you.
她刚刚找我说我以前帮你竞选的事
She did?
真的吗
Yeah, she said the Department of Justice is investigating
是的,她说司法部在查竞选经理
discounts for donations,
为拉赞助给出的优惠条件
and that I might be implicated.
说我有可能被牵连
She wanted you to call me.
她是故意想让你打给我
What?
什么
She wanted you to call me
她的目的就是让你打给我
so I would know that if I pursue them
为了告诉我,若我以清查竞选经理为由
on discounts for donations, they'll pull you in.
找他们麻烦,他们也会把我拖下水
No, she just wanted me to hire her.
不是,她只是想让我雇她做我律师
No, Tobin, she didn't.
不,托宾,她意不在此
This was a warning shot across my bow.
这是他们给我的一个警告
So what are you gonna do?
那你打算怎么办
We ran a clean campaign, Tobin, didn't we?
我们当时的竞选活动是清廉的对吗,托宾
Well, yes, but nothing's 100%.
是的,但事情都不是绝对的
No, we ran
不,我们的
a clean campaign.
竞选活动是清廉的
Just don't talk to her again.
别再理她了
Kalinda.
凯琳达
And clothes.
还带着衣服
And incidentals.
还有杂物
God, it's quiet.
老天,真够安静的
Yeah.
是啊
You've had two days of this?
你两天以来一直这样吗
And two nights.
两天两夜
It's not that bad, actually.
其实也没那么糟糕
Really?
真的吗
I'd kill someone.
是我就想杀人了
You know what I miss about my old life?
你知道我最怀念旧时光什么吗
Before the glamour of the law?
在从事光荣的法律事业前
What?
什么
The quiet.
那些安静的时刻
At home, in the afternoons,
每天下午,在家里
I would drink every day at 3:00.
到了三点的时候,我都会喝上
A glass of red wine.
一杯红酒
Waiting for the kids to come home.
等孩子们放学回家
I miss the silence in the house at 3:00.
我怀念每天下午三点家里那份寂静
Just...
感觉
...nothing going on.
时间静止了
I miss this.
我怀念与你交心
Yeah.
是啊
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
I know.
我知道
You know, I don't think
你知道吗,我觉得
Ingersol's gonna show up tomorrow at 10:00.
英格索尔明早十点不会出现
I know.
我知道
Cary thinks that they're trying to avoid
凯里说他们在努力避免
a road bump in their merger.
让此案破坏他们的并购计划
Do you have that other number Canning was calling?
坎宁拨过另一个号码,你有那号码吗
There were three to the ranch
他拨了三通电话给农场
and one to a local number.
一通给一个当地号码
Yeah.
是的
What's your thinking?
你怎么看
I don't know.
还不知道
Maybe there's a real emergency.
也许他们真的有突发情况
Cary Agos.
我是凯里·艾格斯
A fourth-year associate at Lockhart/Gardner.
克哈特&加德纳律所的四年律师
And were you asked by Mr. Hayden for your assistance
过去三个月,海登先生是否曾向你寻求
over the last three months? Yes.
法律上的帮助,是的
And for how many hours a week were you asked to help him?
你每周有多少个小时用来帮助他
Roughly...
粗略统计
ten hours a week.
每周十个小时
And this was done on your time?
你是用私人时间帮他吗
As a fourth-year associate,
作为一个四年律师
very few hours in a day actually constitute my time.
每天的私人时间是少之又少的
But you managed?
但你还是顾得过来
Yes. Yes, I did manage.
是的,我顾得过来
And what did Mr. Hayden ask of you?
海登先生要你帮他什么
He asked me to be his tutor.
他让我做他的辅导员
His tutor?
辅导员?
Yes.
是的
He asked me to help him study for the upcoming bar exam.
他让我帮他准备他的律师资格考试
And what prompted that arrangement?
是什么促成了这件事
Mr. Hayden had attended law school years earlier,
海登先生很多年前就读了法学专业
but never attempted to pass the bar.
却从没有参加过律师考试
Now working at Lockhart/Gardner had reinvigorated him.
在洛克哈特&加德纳律所的工作激励了他
And did you feel you had any choice in the matter but to help him?
你觉得这件事上,你有选择的自由吗
No.
没有
Thank you, Mr. Agos.
谢谢你,艾格斯先生
Anything, Mr. Hayden?
有要说的吗,海登先生
Uh, yes.
有
Uh, you stated that fourth-year associates
你刚刚说,四年律师
rarely have time of their own.
基本没有自己的时间
Yes.
对
But you found the time to help me?
但你却有时间帮我?
I didn't feel as if I had a choice.
我当时根本没有别的选择
You held sway over the entire firm.
整个公司都在你掌控下
Isn't it true that I offered to pay you for your assistance?
我是不是提议过,付钱请你来帮我
Yes, you did.
你确实提过
And did you refuse my offer? Yes.
而你拒绝了我的提议,对
Did I ever state or imply that you would be afforded
我是否声明或暗示过,因为你的帮助
preferential treatment for your help?
我会给你提供其他优先待遇
No, you did not.
不,你没有
Did I ever state or imply
我是否声明或暗示过
that you would be penalized if you refused to help me?
如果你拒绝提供帮助,我会惩罚你
No, you did not.
不,你没有
Your Honor...
法官大人
"Ma'am."
叫"女士"
Ma'am.
女士
Lockhart/Gardner...
洛克哈特&加德纳律所
has no shame
不知廉耻地
in trying to besmirch my name for their own personal gain.
试图通过玷污我的名誉来谋取私利
It goes to their...
因为他们有种不合逻辑的狂热
illogical passion for winning at all costs.
为了胜利可以不择手段
Once again, I ask that Diane Lockhart and Will Gardner
我再次要求,将戴安·洛克哈特和威尔·加德纳
be removed from their managerial positions at the firm.
从公司的管理阶层除名
I'll take your words under advisement, Mr. Hayden.
我会对你的话予以考虑,海登先生
Ingersol's not dodging the depositions
英格索尔拖延取证进程
because of the merger.
不是因为合并的事
Why then?
那是为什么
He's been seeking treatment at an experimental cancer center.
他一直在癌症研究实验中心接受治疗
He's... Since when?
他,什么时候开始的
A few months ago. The number Canning
几个月前,坎宁从这里拨出去的电话
dialed from here was a center run by Vivek Assadullah,
是打给维克·艾瑟顿开的研究中心
a cancer specialist.
他是一位癌症专家
Ingersol's battling non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
英格索尔患有非霍奇金淋巴瘤
That's not public knowledge.
这件事鲜有人知啊
No, it's not.
是的
Thanks, Kalinda. Is Alicia there?
谢谢你,凯琳达,艾丽西娅在吗
Sure. Alicia.
在,艾丽西娅
Yeah?
喂
Use it. They don't want it to come out before the merger.
这消息要利用,在合并前爆出来对他们不利
I know. I'm on it.
我知道,我去办
What the hell?
什么情况
Oh, no. Ms. Scott-Carr, do you have an appointment?
不是吧,斯科特卡尔小姐,你有预约吗
No. We're here to confiscate Eli Gold's files.
不,我们是来查收伊莱·戈德的文件
He operated his crisis management firm out of these offices,
他的危机管理业务是在你们的律所里操作的
which makes Lockhart/Gardner
也就是说洛克哈特&加德纳律所
open to investigation as well.
也有可能接受检查
That is bizarrely tenuous.
这个理由太站不住脚了
And yet, supported by the judge.
这一决定,受法官支持
Thank you...
谢谢
for the warning shot.
你的鸣枪警告
It gave me time to acquire the warrant.
正好给了我时间申请搜查令
This investigation is so hypocritical.
你的调查真虚伪
Okay, the files in here first.
好的,先从这里的文件开始
Don't worry. He's coming.
别担心,他会来的
He's just... a few minutes late.
他只是,会迟到一会
O ye of little faith.
你这小信的人哪(语出旧约马太福音)
Good afternoon, Mr. Ingersol,
下午好,英格索尔先生
and welcome back. Thank you.
欢迎回来,谢谢
How are you feeling today?
你今天怎么样
Good. Why?
很好啊,怎么了
Just a pleasantry.
寒暄一下而已
Well... thank you.
是吗,谢谢
I'm good.
我很好
Good. Why don't we pick up where we left off.
好的,那我们继续上次未完的谈话吧
Did you see this letter
你有没有看过这封
that was written by the residents of the community,
来自邻居们的信
complaining about the state of the five foreclosed homes
信里投诉那五栋法拍屋及其游泳池
and their swimming pools?
管理不善
I, uh, did not.
我,没看过
You see it's addressed to you?
这封信确实是寄给你的
I do.
是的
If I read every letter addressed to me,
但是如果每一封寄给我的信我都看完
I wouldn't have time to... shave or sleep.
我根本没时间,洗漱或睡觉
So that answers that, Alicia.
所以这就是答案了,艾丽西娅
Any other questions?
还有别的问题吗
Mr. Ingersol, are you aware
英格索尔先生,你知道吗
that it is an SEC violation to withhold an illness
向股东隐瞒病情
from shareholders?
是违反证交会的规定的
Objection. Relevance.
反对,与本案无关
Your objection has been noted.
你的反对我已知道
Are you aware that it is an SEC violation?
你是否知道这是违反证交会规定的
Yes, but I'm not sure what this has to do with your lawsuit.
我知道,但是我不知道这跟本案有什么关系
It has to do with your intent to delay, Mr. Ingersol.
跟你意欲拖延有关,英格索尔先生
Atlantic Commerce is a publicly held company.
亚特兰大商业银行是个上市公司
The shareholders have a right to know if the leader
股东有权知道
is facing a critical illness.
领导者患有重病
And according to his profile,
根据档案
Dr. Vivek Assadullah is a specialist
维克·艾瑟顿医生是一名
who conducts experimental treatments
治疗非霍奇金淋巴瘤的
for non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Objection.
研究专家,反对
This is beneath you, Alicia.
这手段太低级了,不是你的做派
No, unfortunately, it's not.
不,很不幸,你高估我了
The emergency you were dealing with, Mr. Ingersol, was...
英格索尔先生,你面临的紧急情况是
Uh, Ms. Court Reporter,
法庭记录员女士
do you mind stepping out for a moment, please?
你能不能让我们私下聊聊
My name is Mika.
我叫米卡
So sorry. Mika. Of course.
很抱歉,米卡,谢谢
You were being treated for non-Hodgkin lymphoma,
你一直在接受非霍奇金淋巴瘤的治疗
and you didn't want this knowledge made public
而你不愿将这个消息公之于众
before your merger with Corsica Pacific.
因为你要跟科西嘉太平洋公司合并
This does not have to go on the record, Mr. Ingersol.
这一事实我们可以不记录,英格索尔先生
We have been trying for weeks now
我们已经连续几周
to negotiate with Mr. Canning.
试图跟坎宁先生进行谈判
And if you approve this settlement of $15 million,
如果你同意支付1500万和解费
the questioning can end right here.
这件事绝对不会泄露出去
Uh, one second, Eli.
稍等一下,伊莱
Alicia?
艾丽西娅怎样
Yes. $12 million.
是的,1200万
$3 million to us.
300万是我们的
Uh, good. I'll be right there. Yeah.
好的,我马上过去,好
As I was saying, Eli, unfortunately,
就像我说过的那样,伊莱,很不幸
this changes everything.
这样一来,情况就急转直下
Wendy's doing this so you can't be my lawyer.
温迪这样做,就是不想你们做我的律师
I know. But now that we're part of this...
我知道,不过既然我们已经被卷入
probe into your practices,
针对你竞选活动的调查
we are precluded from representing you.
我们就不能再代理你了
We have a list of potential attorneys.
我们认识一些你可以考虑的律师
I've called the top three.
我已经联系了最强的三个
All are ready for your call.
都等你电话呢
And so it goes,
然后就开始了
the endless cycle of Chicago investigations.
没完没了,周而复始的芝加哥式调查
Hey, guys. Do you know when the old man is coming back?
知不知道那个老男人什么时候回来
Eli. There you are.
伊莱,你在这啊
Let's talk about debate prep.
来谈谈准备辩论的事
Let's. Maddie Hayward is putting all her time into prep.
好啊,玛蒂·海沃德一直在准备
That's when she really wants to make her mark.
她想利用这次机会大赚人气
And I looked at the schedule, and you...
我看了一下时间表,你
you barely have Peter down.
根本没给彼特排出时间
We received a settlement offer today for $12 million.
我们今天接到了一个1200万和解的邀请
And just today, Encinal Equity
而就在今天,橡树资产
completed their purchase of Lockhart/Gardner debt.
购入了洛克哈特&加德纳律所的债务
They are invested in our financial health,
他们对我们的财政有信心,愿对我们投资
and we intend to honor that commitment.
我们绝不会辜负这份信任
Mr. Hayden,
海登先生
I understand your disappointment in losing a merger opportunity,
我理解你失去合并机会的失望心情
but I do believe this purchase of debt suggests
不过我认为这次的债务购入
the financial community has faith in management.
说明金融机构对他们的管理有信心
Therefore, I have determined
因此,我决定
Ms. Lockhart and Mr. Gardner not
洛克哈特女士和加德纳先生
be removed as managing partners
不会从管理层除名
and that they continue to work, with your guidance,
他们将继续在你的带领下
toward financial health.
度过财政危机
After the deadline, five weeks from now,
在五周的截止期限过后
Mr. Hayden, then you might find a merger partner.
海登先生,你才能开始寻找合并人
That's my ruling.
我的决定就这些
Escaped the executioner.
总算逃过一劫
For now.
暂时的
We can never meet a five-week deadline.
我们肯定赶不上五周的期限
I know.
我知道
We talk to the new creditor.
我们去找新的债权人谈
Get an extension?
搞个延期?
Alicia.
艾丽西娅
I'm so sorry we didn't get to have that breakfast.
很遗憾没找到机会一起吃早餐
Oh, me, too.
我也是
You heading out?
你们要离开了吗
Yeah, Louis has business, so...
是的,路易斯还有工作,所以
no rest.
总有事
Be seeing you soon.
我们还会再见的
And why's that?
为什么呢
Oh, you didn't hear?
你没听说吗
I purchased the Lockhart/Gardner debt.
我买下了洛克哈特&加德纳律所的债务
I'm your new creditor.
我是你们的新债权人
You two will be working together?
你们要一起工作了?
That's fantastic.
太棒了啊