手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《傲骨贤妻》 > 傲骨贤妻第四季 > 正文

傲骨贤妻第四季(MP3+中英字幕):第8集 为什么你对她这么有兴趣

来源:可可英语 编辑:clover   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

God, I thought it was you.

天呐,我以为是你呢
I heard "Grace" and I was like, "Oh, God."
一听格蕾丝我心里就咯噔一下
Did you know her?
你认识她吗
No. I-I mean, a little.
不认识,不是很熟
What happened?
发生什么了
Portia said she took a handful of her mom's sleeping pills.
波西亚说她吃了一把她妈妈的安眠药
No, she did it at the hotel
不对,是在宾馆
where she was supposed to go for the prom.
她本该去那里参加舞会
Why?
为什么
I think her boyfriend broke up with her or something.
好像是她男朋友跟她分手了
They said she was in her underwear.
他们说她只穿了内衣
Hannah just tweeted
哈娜刚刚发了推特
it was aspirin, not painkillers.
她吃的是阿司匹林,不是止疼药
Did you guys see Connor just checked in on Foursquare,
你们看到了吗,康纳刚还上了四方网
like, an hour ago? At the library.
大概一个小时之前,在图书馆
What are you doing at the library
在女朋友自杀之后第二天
the day after your girlfriend kills herself?
跑到图书馆去干什么
Ex-girlfriend. They broke up last week.
前女友,他们上周分手了
Did you see he changed his status to "Single"?
你们看到他把状态改成单身了吧
I know. She tweeted a picture of herself last week
是啊,她上周把头发染成红色之后
after she dyed her hair red--
在推特发了一张自己的照片
#YOLO. Yeah, "You only live once."
关键字YOLO 是啊,人生在世须尽欢
She sat two rows behind me in algebra last year.
去年的代数课上,她就坐在我后面两排
I know it's kind of morbid,
我也知道这样做有点变态
but I can't stop looking at her Facebook page.
但我总是忍不住去看她在脸书的主页
And who is this?
他是谁
Mr. Van Zanten.
范赞滕先生
And you shot him four times in the head?
你朝他的头部开了4枪?
Yes.
是的
Why would you do that, Mr. Yates?
你为什么要这样做,耶茨先生
Because she wanted me to.
因为她让我这样做
You're referring to the accused,
你指的是被告人
Gwyneth Van Zanten? Yes.
格温妮丝·范赞滕? 是的
You were her Pilates instructor?
你是他的普拉提教练?
Yes,
是的
but she said she loved me.
但她跟我说她爱我
If I shot her husband...
如果我杀死她丈夫
we would be together.
我们就可以在一起
With his money? Objection. Leading.
还有他的钱?反对,诱导性提问
Sustained.
反对有效
And you...
那么,你
Strike that.
这句划掉
Why did M-Mrs. Van Zanten want you to shoot her husband?
范赞滕夫人为什么让你杀死她丈夫
Objection. Ambiguous.
反对,问题模棱两可
Unfortunately, sustained.
很不幸,反对有效
O-One second.
稍等一下
Oh, did the accused offer you
被告在让你杀人的时候
anything in exchange for this murder?
有没有对你做出什么承诺
Yes, she said we'd split his money.
是的,她说我们可以分掉他的钱
And did Mrs. Van Zanten explain
范赞滕夫人有没有跟你解释
why she wanted her husband killed?
她想杀死她丈夫的原因
He's a rich CEO. They had a prenup.
他是个富有的总裁,他们签了婚前协议
If she divorced him, she got nothing.
如果她提出离婚,她什么都得不到
But if he died,
但如果他死了
she got everything.
她可以得到一切
I see. And what happened after the murder?
我明白了,杀人之后又发生了什么
Objection. Calls for narrative.
反对,问题要求叙事性回答
Ms. Hellinger,
海灵格女士
you are now experiencing ASA Hazing 101.
你现在正经历入门检察官被欺负的第一课
Sustained.
反对有效
Thank you, Your Honor.
谢谢您,法官阁下
Did you text the accused after the murder?
杀人之后你给被告发短信了吗
I did.
发了
And what did your text say?
短信的内容是什么
"It's done.
搞定了
Our problems are over.
我们的问题解决了
Don't go home until 8:00."
8点以后再回家
Why not go home until 8:00?
为什么要8点以后回家
To establish her alibi.
这样她就有不在场证据
Hello, this is the principal at Capstone Preparatory.
你好,我是顶点中学的校长
Over the weekend, there was a tragic incident
上个周末,顶点中学的一名学生
involving a Capstone student.
发生了一起不幸的事件
Please take a moment to discuss this...
请你找时间跟孩子谈谈...
Hey.
Hi.
A bit more rough and tumble than military court.
跟军事法庭比起来,有点混乱
You'll be fine. Just don't retreat.
你会没事的,不要退却
You're either advancing or retreating.
法庭就像逆水行舟,不进则退
Hi, Mom. My daughter.
喂,妈妈,是我女儿
No, thanks.
没事的,谢谢
Grace. Uh, hi. What's going on?
格蕾丝,出什么事了
I just got a call from school.
我刚接到学校打来的电话
Oh, yeah. Grace Baskin OD'd on pills.
哦,是啊,格蕾丝·巴思金吃药自杀了
Oh, my God. When?
哦,天呐,什么时候
Last night.
昨天晚上
We're all wearing yellow today.
我们今天都戴黄色腕带
It was her favorite color.
黄色是她最喜欢的颜色
What happened?
发生什么事情了
Hey, Mom, I have to get to class.
妈妈,我得去上课了
Can I call you back?
下课给你打回去行吗
Are you all right?
你还好吗
Yeah, I mean, it's sad, but I'm good.
我还好,很伤心,但我还好
I'll call you back, okay?
我等会给你打回去吧
It's his fault.
都是他的错
I didn't even think he'd show up at school.
我觉得他根本就不该来学校
And, look, he didn't wear yellow.
你看,他也没戴黄色腕带
I heard he told her to get an abortion.
我听说他让她去堕胎
No, he didn't.
不,他没有
She wasn't even pregnant.
她没有怀孕
Yeah, who told you she got an abortion?
是啊,谁告诉你她去堕胎了
I don't know. Someone re-tweeted it.
我也不知道,有人转发的
Is that even his car?
那是他的车吗
I thought he was a scholarship kid. He is.
我还以为他是拿助学金的学生,他是
I've seen him on the bus.
我在校车上见过他
Do you think he blames himself?
你们觉得他责怪自己吗
Wouldn't you? He breaks up with her,
换你不自责吗,他跟她分手了
then four days later, she kills herself.
四天后,她就自杀了
I know.
我知道
Can you imagine?
你能想象吗
My client has stated that she was faithful to her late husband
我的当事人已经声明她对已故丈夫是忠诚的
and that they were happily married.
并且他们的婚姻很幸福
Yet you claim she was having an affair with you?
但你声称她跟你有私情?
Yes. Do you have any proof of this?
对,你有证据吗
Any love letters? Any...
有情书吗,有...
mementos of this...
这段热恋的
torrid affair?
纪念物品吗
No. I see.
没有,明白
So we're to take your word for it?
我们就相信你的空口白话吗
And this text you sent her-- that it was "Done"--
你给她发的这条短信,内容是"结束了"
what did she write back?
她给你回了什么
She didn't. We talked in person.
她没回,我们当面谈了
Ah. So...
那么...
you admitted killing her husband,
你承认杀了她丈夫
you admitted sending her a text admitting your guilt,
你承认给她发了短信认罪
and my client hasn't admitted a thing?
我的当事人却什么都没承认
Objection, Your Honor, counsel is testifying.
反对,法官阁下,辩方律师在作证
Yes, he is that.
对,确实
Sustained.
反对有效
After you sent this text,
你发完短信之后
my client immediately informed the police, didn't she?
我的当事人立即报警了,是吗
Objection, your Honor. Counsel is still testifying.
反对,法官阁下,辩方律师依然在作证
Not only that, he's asking for hearsay.
不仅如此,他还在探听传闻证据
It goes to the defendant's state of mind, Your Honor.
这关系到被告的心理状态,法官阁下
Actually, no. Mr. Gardner is asking
并不是,加德纳先生是在
for the content of a conversation
询问范赞滕女士和一名警察之间的
between Mrs. Van Zanten and a police detective.
对话内容
If that's what he wants,
如果他想知道
he should put one of them on the stand.
那他应该叫他们中的一人出庭作证
Oh, she's got you there, Mr. Gardner.
你被她逮个正着,加德纳先生
Congratulations, Ms. Hellinger.
恭喜,海灵格小姐
What were you offered in trade
他们为得到你的证词
for your testimony here, Mr. Yates?
提出什么条件作为交易,耶茨先生
Well, I wouldn't say it was a trade.
我不称此为交易
I received a plea bargain.
我收到一份辩诉交易
And what was the plea bargain?
内容是什么
20 years.
20年
For cold-blooded murder?
对如此冷血的凶杀?
Objection, Your Honor. Argumentative.
反对,法官阁下,诱导性提问
Yes. Sustained.
反对有效
And what is the usual sentence for first-degree murder?
通常一级谋杀会如何判刑
Objection, Your Honor. Calls for speculation.
反对,法官阁下,引导证人推测
Yes. Sustained.
反对有效
A murder like this usually draws a 45-year sentence...
这样的凶手一般会判45年的刑
Objection. Counsel is testifying.
反对,辩方律师在作证
Sustained again.
再次反对有效
Are you having trouble getting out what you want, Mr. Gardner?
你的辩护工作是不是遇到困难了,加德纳先生
Nicely played.
表现真不错
Thank you.
谢谢
We used to represent you.
过去我们是你的律师
Yep. Thank you.
是的,谢谢
Go well in court?
庭上进展顺利吗
Everybody feels bad for the underdog.
人人都同情弱者
What about the person who's supposed to do well?
那些被寄予厚望的人呢
No one talks about the pressure we're under.
没人关心我们承受的压力
So, what's up with you?
你怎么样
You've been away from work.
你最近忙的不是工作
No.
没有
Mentally, you have. What's going on?
你的心思没在工作上,怎么了
Oh, just, uh, personal stuff.
只是,一些私事
Uninteresting.
没什么意思
Huh. Judge Creary.
科瑞法官
What are you doing?
你要干嘛
Going to the restroom.
去洗手间
Look, Creary plays by the book.
科瑞是照章办事的人
Then he doesn't have to talk.
那他就无需多言
Kalinda, this single case could drag us out of bankruptcy.
凯琳达,这一件案子就可以让我们免于破产
I want to get a sense of where we stand.
我想知道我们现在局势如何
Oh, Will Gardner! How the hell are you?
威尔·加德纳,你好吗
Judge Creary.
科瑞法官
No, uh, no, I'll call you right back.
不,我回头打给你
Will, hello.
威尔,你好啊
Giada, I... I didn't know you were in town.
吉雅达,我都不知道你在芝加哥呢
Yeah, Orren & Polk, second year.
是啊,奥兰&波克,第二年了
His Honor was just offering me some career advice.
法官阁下刚才在给我一些职业意见
Do you know this bastard?
你认识这混蛋
I do. We met when I was at DePaul,
认识,在德保尔大学是认识的
although we haven't spoken in a while.
尽管我们近来都没怎么联系了
What happened there?
发生了什么
I don't know, I thought it was you.
不知道,我还以为是你的原因
Oh, no, it wasn't me.
不,不是我
Yeah, well, I'd stay away from him.
我会离他远点
He's a bad influence. Oh, I knew that.
近墨者黑,我知道
Will is a bad boy. Disbarred bad boy.
威尔是个坏小子,被取消律师资格的坏小子
Six-months- suspended bad boy.
停职6个月的坏小子
You should've seen him in court today.
你真该看看他今天在庭上的表现
He was completely screwed up.
他被彻底战翻了
Really? I... thought we more than held our own.
真的吗,我以为我们干得不错呢
No, you're gone, you're-you're cooked,
不,你错乱了,被整了
you're... deep-fried cooked.
被深深地整了
Why is that? Your client-- she's guilty.
何出此言,你的当事人,有罪
How do you figure, Your Honor?
你怎么知道的,法官阁下
Actus reus.
有犯罪行为
You're trying to make her out to be a saint.
你试图把她塑造成圣人
She was cheating on her husband.
她对丈夫不忠
No, I'm sorry, Your Honor, that's just not true.
不,抱歉,法官阁下,事实并非如此
I can't for the life of me figure why you wanted a bench trial.
我真想不通你为什么希望无陪审员审判
Except you'd probably do worse with a jury.
虽说有陪审团你可能会更惨
His client is an ice queen.
他的当事人是个冷若冰霜的女人
Looks something like this.
就像这样
I mean it. Your Honor, if you believe that,
真的,法官阁下,如果你相信
you need to recuse yourself.
你得回避本案
Ooh! I love this one! With his ethics!
说的真是好,讲起道德来了
Love the ethics, Will.
道德话说得真漂亮,威尔
Great for a disbarred lawyer.
尤其还出自一个被吊销过执照的律师之口
Bribing judges and stealing.
又贿赂法官又偷窃的
You know, if it was up to me,
如果决定权在我
you wouldn't be allowed to practice law ever again.
你这辈子都不能再当律师了
Maybe the thing is to agree to disagree.
可能求同存异对这行业更好呢
Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.
对,对,是啊
I'm sorry, young lady... for bringing my work here.
抱歉,小姐...抱歉说起了工作上的事
He didn't say that?
他真这么说了?
He said I bribed judges and stole,
他说我又贿赂法官又偷窃
our client is guilty, and I should never practice law again.
我们的当事人有罪,我不应该继续当律师
Well, he was drinking.
好吧,他在喝酒
Which means he's only being more loose-lipped about
这只说明他口无遮拦地
with what he really thinks.
说出了自己的真实想法
Damn it.
该死
Gwyn brings her husband's fortune to us,
格温会给我们带来他丈夫的财产
it gets us out of debt.
这能让我们还清债务
I know, and it's a good case.
我知道,这也是个有把握的案子
In front of another judge, we'd win.
换个法官,我们就会赢
What are you thinking, the same thing?
你怎么想,不会和我想的一样吧
Move for a recusal?
要求他回避?
He says no, you've turned the judge against you.
如果他不同意,法官铁定不站你这边了
He's against me already.
他已经看我不爽了
There will be fallout from the judicial community.
整个法官群体都会和我们对立
Creary is beloved.
科瑞很受人爱戴
He was beloved.
他曾经受人爱戴
Judges know he's a loose cannon.
法官们都知道他这人我行我素
We win this case, we get out from under the trustee.
赢了这个案子,我们就能摆脱监管
We could get the 27th floor back.
我们就能收回27层
Have Cary argue the motion for you.
让凯里帮你提出动议
No, Alicia.
不,让艾丽西娅来
Will... It's not that.
威尔... 别多想
I think Creary's got a thing for the ladies.
我觉得科瑞更喜欢和女士打交道
Oh. Well, don't embarrass him.
好吧,也别太为难他
Ask for the conference in chambers.
请求在内庭进行讨论会
Have Alicia move for the recusal there.
让艾丽西娅在那里提出回避动议
And if he says no?
那如果他拒绝呢
This should be interesting.
这应该会很有趣
Probably too late to take my advice back.
想撤回我的建议或许已经太晚了
Probably.
或许吧
Your Honor,
法官阁下
the defense requests an issues conference in chambers.
辩方请求在内庭进行一个议题讨论
What do you need, Counselor?
什么事,律师
We have a motion, Your Honor.
我们有个动议,法官阁下
But it would be easier to present it in chambers.
在内庭提出更容易一些
Oh? And why is that?
这是为什么
Mr. Gardner?
加德纳先生
It's a personal matter, Your Honor.
是私人事件,法官阁下
Oh, really, a personal matter?
真的吗,私人事件
What kind of personal matter?
什么样的私人事件
Please, Your Honor.
请别这样,法官阁下
Well, in chambers it'll be on the record,
在内庭的谈话都会被记录在案
Mr. Gardner, and-and...?
加德纳先生,和,和...
Alicia Florrick.
艾丽西娅·福瑞克
Ah, the state's attorney's wife.
原来是州检察官的妻子
Very fortuitous.
真是幸运
In there and in here, it'll be on the record,
这里和那里,谈话都会被记录在案
so if you have a motion, let's hear it.
所以,如果你有动议要提,就在这儿说吧
Your Honor, we move that you recuse yourself.
法官阁下,我们请求您回避本案
Oh, really?
真的吗
Now, why should I recuse myself?
我为什么要回避
You have demonstrated bias against the defense.
您明确表露了对辩方的偏见
Still licking your wounds about those objections yesterday,
还对我昨天的那些反对耿耿于怀呢
Mr. Gardner?
加德纳先生
No, Your Honor, this is regarding the biased comments
不是,法官阁下,我们是根据您昨晚
you made to Mr. Gardner
在艾瑞娜酒吧对加德纳先生说出的
in the bar, The Arena, last night.
带有偏见的评论提出的动议
This is dangerous territory, Mrs. Florrick.
你现在的处境很危险,福瑞克夫人
You called our client guilty,
您说我们的当事人是有罪的
and you said that Mr. Gardner was a known liar,
您说加德纳先生是一个人所皆知的骗子
and that he should give up now because he would lose.
还说他现在就该放弃,因为他铁定要输
Well, your motion is denied.
动议被否决
You have any further witnesses?
还有其他证人吗
Your Honor, you showed bias against us.
法官阁下,您表露了对我方的偏见
I have ruled on your motion, Mrs. Florrick.
我已对你的动议进行了裁决,福瑞克夫人
You may sit down now unless you have another witness.
你现在可以坐下了,除非你还有其他证人
You've given us no alternative, Your Honor,
您让我们无路可选,法官阁下
but to file a motion to substitute Your Honor for cause.
只能向法院申请动议,要求变更法官
You what?!
你说什么
We are filing for a substitution hearing.
我们要向法院申请回避听证会
Now, you sit down right now, Mrs. Florrick.
你立即给我坐下,福瑞克夫人
I have ruled!
我已经作出了裁决
And it is not up to you...
这由不得你...
No, sir, it is not up to you.
不,先生,这由不得您
You have no further witnesses,
你没有其他证人
then we will move toward...
我们就可以继续...
Excuse me, Your Honor. No, it is not your right to disrupt my court.
请原谅,法官阁下
You're in contempt.
你藐视法庭
If I make a motion to substitute, Your Honor,
如果我提出了回避的动议,法官阁下
then it is no longer in your hands,
那就不再由您处置
and you must transfer this matter to another judge.
您必须把此事交由另一位法官决定
You don't know what you've just done.
你知道你做了些什么吗
We do, Your Honor,
我们知道,法官阁下
but you've given us no other choice.
但您并没有给我们其他选择
Everybody has a choice. Everybody.
选择每个人都有,每个人
You're fishing for a mistrial here, and you won't get it.
你在寻求一个无效审判,但你不会得逞
You lose this motion,
要是你的这个动议被否决
and I'll be right back here to judge this case.
我会立刻回来审理这个案子
We understand that.
我们知道
So I'll give you one last chance
给你最后一次机会
to step back over that line.
撤回这个申请
I'm sorry, Your Honor, but my motion has been made.
抱歉法官阁下,我的动议已经提出了
We move for a hearing into your bias
我们要求召开听证会
against Mr. Gardner and our client.
确认你对加德纳先生和我方当事人的偏见
We've been ten percent more successful
我们在竞选关键词搜索优化上
in optimizing campaign page keywords,
胜出10%
and that's resulted in a 20% increase in organic search traffic.
这带来了20%的搜索流量增长
We've been employing the BLUF tactic of networking design.
我们一直在采用BLUF策略
That's Bottom Line Up Front.
就是直谏策略
I would say this met with mixed results.
我还得说,这个做法还有其它效应
Wait. There's been a 20% jump in fund-raising?
稍等,资金筹集提高了20%?
How did that happen?
那是怎么做到的
Uh, I.T.'s been better managed.
就是...网站做得更好了
By who? One of the volunteers.
谁做的,一个志愿者
Hire him. Her.
雇下这哥们,是位女士
Do I care?
这个重要吗
You're hired. What?
你被录用了,什么
Just keep doing what you're doing.
继续做你的事就好
Good job, you guys, I'll need you to stay a little later.
干得漂亮,各位,我需要你们加会儿班
You got it. No problem.
可以,没问题
Where are you going, Jay?
你要去哪,杰
Uh, I have to get back home.
我得回家了
Okay. Tomorrow.
好的,明天见
If I can.
我有时间就来
All stand. Court is now in session.
全体起立,现在开庭
The Honorable Peter Dunaway presiding.
有请尊敬的彼得·达纳韦法官
Uh-oh. What?
不妙,怎么了
It's Judge Dunaway.
是达纳韦法官
This is a hearing to determine whether Judge Harrison Creary
这里是关于哈里森·科瑞法官
is prejudiced against the defendant and defense counsel...
对公诉格温妮丝·范赞滕案的被告和被告律师
...in People V. Gwyneth Van Zanten.
是否存在偏见的听证会
ASA Hellinger,
海灵格助理检察官
do you support Mr. Gardner's motion to substitute?
你支持加德纳先生的回避动议吗
No, Your Honor.
不支持,法官阁下
The People do not believe
控方不认为
Judge Creary has shown bias in this case.
科瑞法官在本案中表现出了偏见
Then you will present the evidence against prejudice,
那你要拿出不存在偏见的证据
Mr. Gardner's representative will present the evidence for it.
加德纳的代理人须拿出存在偏见的证据
This hearing is, in effect,
这个听证会其实
a trial within a trial...
是一个案中案
Your Honor Creary, you don't need to be present at this hearing.
科瑞法官,你不必出席这个听证会的
Are you here to testify?
你是来作证的吗
Uh, no, Your Honor.
不,法官阁下
I don't want to give this...
我不想给这个...
mini-persecution any more attention than it needs.
小型迫害以它不应得的关注
But I do want to face my accusers.
但我确实想直面指责我的人
Well, that is your right, Your Honor.
好吧,这是你的权利,法官阁下
Uh, Judge Creary's prejudice will be this hearing's
科瑞法官偏见问题,是本次听证会的唯一事项
one and only issue, rules of evidence will apply,
听证适用证据规则
and my ruling will be final.
我的裁判是终局裁判
Is that understood by all counselors?
双方律师,都听明白了吗
Yes, Your Honor.
明白,法官阁下
Good. Then we will begin.
很好,那我们开始吧
Hi.
你好
I'm Grace.
我叫格蕾丝
Uh, sorry.
抱歉
Uh, that's my real name.
这是我的真名
Grace Florrick.
格蕾丝·福瑞克
I'm really sorry about the other Grace.
对另一个格蕾丝的事我很遗憾
What do you want?
你想怎么样
Why aren't you in class?
你为什么不去上课
Why aren't you?
你为什么不去
'Cause I saw you come in here.
因为我看见你进这里了
Look, I don't need anything, okay?
我什么都不需要,好吗
We broke up. It was a while ago.
我们分手了,分了有一阵了
She didn't do it 'cause of me.
她不是为我自杀的
You know, you really shouldn't smoke.
你真的不该抽烟
You're the politician's daughter,
你是那个政客的女儿
the one caught with a hooker?
那个招妓被抓现行的政客?
He wasn't caught with a hooker.
他没有招妓被抓现行
Class is in session. Who's in there?
已经上课了,谁在那里
Shh.
Come out now. Right now!
出来,马上出来
If you don't want to get in trouble,
如果不想惹麻烦的话
come out right this minute!
就马上出来
They can't find us here.
他们抓不到我们的
I see you in there.
我看见你在那儿了
Do you need me to deal with this, huh?
需要我来处理吗
All right. All right, bye.
好的好的,再见
Sorry to keep you waiting, Mr. Saverese.
抱歉让你久等了,赛弗里斯先生
Hey, no problem.
没关系
About your losing Tow Truck bid--
关于你拖车服务竞标失败的事
we can't sue Strickler Automotive,
我们无法起诉斯特里克勒汽车公司
but we can appeal on the basis of fraud.
但我们可以以欺诈为由上诉
But just to warn you,
可还得提醒你
they're probably going to say you cheated, too.
他们可能会说你也作假了
Well, I thought your company
你们律所的职责
was protecting me against all that crap.
好像就是确保我免遭这些乱七八糟的事
Yeah. Unfortunately,
对,但不幸的是
Strickler's proven quite litigious.
斯特里克勒实在太爱打官司
Now, there's a chance we may end up in deposition,
我们有可能被要求提供证词
so I have to ask you a few questions.
所以我有几个问题要问你
You were convicted on a drug charge.
你曾因贩毒被定罪
Cocaine. Intent to sell.
可卡因,说我企图贩毒
And how many years were you in?
你入狱几年呢
Two. It was Canadians.
两年,我是被加拿大人判的
You know, they've got soft hearts.
他们心肠都很软,你知道的
And... you're not involved now in drugs?
那...你现在不再沾手毒品了吧
What's that suit you're wearing?
你穿的西装是什么牌子
Suit?
西装
Oh, it's Calvin Klein. Why?
哦,卡尔文·克莱恩,怎么了
You need a lot of suits like that to work here, do you?
在这里工作得有很多套这种西装吧
Yeah. Yeah, some.
对,得有几套吧
But you don't wear suits like that when you're out and about?
但平时出门就不穿成这样了吧
I mean, on weekends, you don't wear suits like that, do you?
比如周末,你就不这么穿,对吗
No.
Good, 'cause then people might think you're gay or something.
是啊,否则别人就该以为你是同性恋了
Oh... you're not gay, are you?
你不是同性恋吧,对吗
I'm sorry if...
抱歉啊要是我...
Is something... the matter, Mr. Saverese?
有什么不妥吗,赛弗里斯先生
What, like you being gay?
什么,如果你是同性恋吗
I don't mind gay people.
我不介意和同性恋相处
Why don't we take this up tomorrow?
要不我们明天再谈这事吧
Why? Did I offend you?
为什么,我说话冒犯你了吗
No. No, I just...
没有,没有,我只是
I think we should take this up tomorrow
我觉得还是等明天
when Alicia's back in the office.
艾丽西娅回来了再谈吧
Sure. Sure.
好的,好的
Yeah. I mean, why not pay for two lawyers, not just one?
没问题,请两位律师好过一位嘛
Yeah, that's, uh...
是啊,那样的话
That sounds good.
听起来不错
Okay.
好的
I was walking to the bar's restroom
我正走向酒吧厕所时
when I ran into Judge Creary.
遇到了科瑞法官
Did you approach him?
你主动跟他打招呼了吗
No. I was walking past him, and he called me.
没有,我正要经过他时,他叫了我
And what did you talk about?
你们谈了些什么
He told me I was losing and that my client was guilty.
他说我会输,说我的当事人有罪
Actus reus
Actus reus.
A guilty act?
意思是"犯罪行为"吗
Yes. I told him he hadn't yet heard all the evidence,
是,我告诉他法庭证据尚未提交完毕
and that's when he accused me of being a disbarred lawyer
接着他就说我被取消了律师资格
and of bribing judges.
说我贿赂法官
Objection. Your Honor,
反对,法官阁下
if Judge Creary would like to testify, he is welcome,
科瑞法官如欲作证,大可上庭
but he should refrain from editorializing.
否则还请他别做点评
Excuse me. I think his Honor has shown great patience, young lady.
抱歉,我认为他已表现出很大耐心了,女士
I know what you think, Your Honor.
我知道您的想法,法官阁下
Does that mean you overrule my objection?
您这是要驳回我的反对吗
The gallery should remain silent.
旁听席应保持肃静
How did the conversation end
谈话的最后
with Judge Creary, Mr. Gardner?
科瑞法官说了什么,加德纳先生
He told me, if it was up to him,
他说如果当初让他来定
I would never practice law again.
我就别想再做律师
Thank you, no further questions.
谢谢你,没有其它问题了
Hello, Mr. Gardner.
你好,加德纳先生
Hi, Counselor.
你好,律师
You say Judge Creary accused you of being a disbarred lawyer,
你说科瑞法官指出你被取消了律师资格
and that was untrue?
实际上却不然
Yes, I was suspended for six months
没错,我只是暂停执业半年
but not permanently disbarred.
并非永久性取消资格
Congratulations.
恭喜你了
Objection.
反对
I'll withdraw that, Counselor.
我收回,律师
Do you know what the first search result is
你知道在查查网搜索"威尔·加德纳"
when you type "Will Gardner" into a Chumhum search engine?
第一条答案是什么吗
That was a practical joke by an opponent.
那条是对手客户搞的恶作剧
Would you mind reading what it says there?
你介意读出此处内容吗
"Do you want 'Will Gardner Disbarred Lawyer'?"
你要找的是"被取消执业资格的威尔·加德纳"吗
But, again, this is a joke.
但这仍是一句玩笑话
But you can understand why he might mistake you
但这样你就明白为什么他会误认为
for a disbarred lawyer.
你已被取消执业资格了
The fact that I was arguing in his court might suggest otherwise.
我能参加他的庭审,正好说明我有执业资格
But it's no secret you've had troubles this past year.
但谁都知道你去年麻烦重重
You were suspended for stealing money from a client.
你因盗取客户钱财而被暂停执业资格
Is that correct? Yes, but I replaced it.
是这样吗,是的,但我归还了
Judge Creary called you a thief and a liar.
科瑞法官称你为小偷和骗子
Can you really say those characterizations are inaccurate?
你真敢说这种描述不准确吗
Objection, Your Honor.
反对,法官阁下
The question is whether or not Judge Creary showed bias
争论点在于科瑞法官的言辞能否
by making these comments,
说明他带偏见
not whether or not they were true.
而无关言辞内容真实性
Sustained.
反对有效
Wow, that's some defense.
辩论得真不错呢
Our lawyer may be a thief and a liar,
就是说我们的律师可以是小偷和骗子
but the judge really can't say it.
但法官可说不得
Objection.
反对
Sustained.
反对有效
No further questions, Your Honor.
没有其它问题了,法官阁下
I'd like to call Judge Creary to the stand.
我想请科瑞法官上庭
He's had a change of heart and would like to testify.
他改变主意了,想作证
You've heard Mr. Gardner's accusations against you?
你已听清加德纳先生对你的指责吗
I have.
是的
And did you, in fact, call him a thief?
你是否称他为小偷
No, I did not.
不,我没有
Did you offer your opinions on the current case?
你是否对自己正在审理的案件发表了意见
I did not.
我没有
Oh, my God, you're lying.
天呐,你撒谎
Mr. Gardner,
加德纳先生
you'll find yourself in contempt.
你再这样我就裁定你藐视法庭
Do you know why Mr. Gardner would be accusing you of this?
你是否知道加德纳先生为何如此指责你
Well, I can only guess that he had...
我只能猜测...
he had many objections sustained against him that day
那天我当庭多次驳回了他的反对要求
and he thought I was biased.
他认为我带偏见
But everything else he said about this...
他所说的你们在酒吧相遇的整件事情
bar encounter is a lie?
都是谎言吗
Yes.
We need to find a witness from the bar.
我们需要找个酒吧证人
Hi.
你好
Hi.
你好
That was nice, getting a call.
接到你的电话我很开心
I'm sorry, did I stop calling you or you stop calling me?
抱歉,后来是我没打给你还是你没打给我
No, I called you-- you just didn't return.
不是,我打给你了,你没回我
Three times. Ah, I'm sorry. I'm a jerk.
打了三次,抱歉,我是坏蛋
Mm, so... how much is this one worth? $80 a glass?
这杯酒多少钱,80美元一杯吗
No, four dollars.
不,4美元
Things are tough in Spain these days.
西班牙最近经济形势可不大好
Oh, of course.
那倒是
How is the family fortune?
家族生意怎么样
Reduced by 70%.
缩减了百分之七十
Ouch. Things are not great all over.
看来大家日子都不好过
No.
是啊
I read about your firm.
我看到了关于你律所的消息
And you.
还有关于你的
Where are you going after this?
一会儿你去哪
Where am I going?
我去哪
I don't know. What about you?
我不知道,你呢
I was gonna go home and read a briefing.
我本来打算回家看看简报
A big long brief about farm subsidies.
一份冗长的关于农产品补贴的简报
Sounds like a Thursday night.
听着真惬意
Light some candles, run a bath,
点几根蜡烛,放好洗澡水
read about the viability of ethanol as a fuel supplement.
读读乙醇作为补充燃料的可行性
How viable is it?
可行吗
Pretty damn viable.
相当可行
More so than you might think.
比你想的要更加可行
That's not bad for four dollars.
这4美元的酒还挺不错
Oh, I lied-- it's Dominio de Pingus.
我骗你的,这是萍姑酒庄的,
It's $180 a glass.
180美元一杯
I'll count pennies tomorrow.
我明天再开始省钱
Why aren't you reading your e-mails?
你为什么不看邮件
I sent you three e-mails today.
我今天给你发了三封邮件
I am reading my e-mails.
我在看邮件
Just not mine?
就是不看我发的
Well, I always know when it's important,
我知道如果有要紧事
you'll seek me out, and...
你肯定就来找我了
here you are.
你这不就来了吗
Uh... that one... that one there.
那封,就在那里
Click on it.
点开
And now the attachment. Click on it.
看附件,打开
Have you been hanging around schools, Eli?
你都晃荡到学校去了吗,伊莱
It's not ours.
不是我们的人拍的
This is a tracker from the other side.
是对手派了人跟踪
That always sounds so sci-fi.
听着总像科幻小说里的情节
Eli... It's the other campaign.
伊莱,是对手的人拍的
They're looking for vulnerabilities.
他们在找我们的弱点
She was followed to school?
她被跟踪到学校?
This campaign has become about family values.
这次竞选已经成了家庭观念的角逐
Kresteva has a kid with leukemia--
克里斯特瓦有个患白血病的儿子
he wants to make it seem
他想让公众认为
that you have a smoker who cuts class.
你们有个抽烟又逃课的女儿
What is going on with my life?
怎么诸事不顺啊
Where are you? We need you over here.
你在哪里,我们这里需要你
Appreciate the opportunity...
感谢你给我这个机会
It's not about the opportunity.
这跟机会无关
The campaign needs you, Jay.
竞选工作需要你,杰
Things are falling apart here, and they're getting angry at me.
事情一团糟,他们都冲我发火
I can't work full-time.
我没法全职工作
What about after school?
那放学后过来可以吗
Did you see anyone follow you to school? No.
你看到有人跟踪你到学校吗,没有
I don't know.
我不知道
I'll call you again.
我会再打给你
Hey, n-n-no... This is so creepy.
别,别挂,太可怕了
I was sitting on a bench talking to a friend.
我只是坐在台阶上和一个朋友聊天
What's wrong with that?
这有什么问题吗
Who's the friend?
这个朋友是谁
Connor. Who's Connor?
康纳,康纳是谁
A boy.
一个男生
Grace...
格蕾丝
I'm not smoking.
我没抽烟
I know. I didn't say you were.
我知道,我没有说你抽烟
These trackers...
这些跟踪你的人
they will find any opportunity
他们会找任何机会抓你的把柄
to paint you in a negative light, Grace.
把你说成坏孩子,格蕾丝
I know. Is that it?
我知道,就是这事吗
Mom...
妈妈
Zach, could you give us a second?
扎克,你能回避一下吗
The girl who...
那个...
committed suicide--
自杀的女生
Why?
为什么
Why did she do it?
她为什么要自杀
I don't know.
我不知道
She was cutting.
她原来就割自己
She w...
她什么
Cutting herself?
用刀割自己?
It's not that weird; a lot of girls do it.
并没有多奇怪,好多女孩都那样
Cut themselves? Why?
用刀割自己吗,为什么
Why would they do that?
她们为什么要那么做
I don't know. Self-hatred?
我不知道,自怨自艾?
I... I think it feels good to heal.
我,我觉得她们喜欢伤口愈合的感觉
You would tell me if there's anything wrong?
你要是遇到问题会跟我说的,对吗
I'm not cutting, Mom. I know.
妈,我没有在伤害自己,我知道
It doesn't have to be that.
不一定非是那件事
I just...
我只是...
I love you, Grace.
我爱你,格蕾丝
I love you, too.
我也爱你
I know.
我知道
You're a good girl.
你是个好孩子
So, what do you need, Will?
好了,威尔,你有什么事
What do I need? Why do you think I need anything?
我有什么事,你为什么觉得我有事
That look on your face.
你脸上那表情
You're beautiful.
你真美
Oh, yeah?
是吗
The other night with Judge Creary...
碰上科瑞法官那晚
What? No, I thought it was that.
怎么了,没事,我猜到是那件事
He denied it. It's my word against his.
他不承认,我空口无凭
You were there.
但你当时在场
So that's why you're here?
所以你就是因为这事来找我?
No.
But it wouldn't hurt.
你就顺便一提是吧
This is why I am not gonna do it.
这正是为什么我不会那么做
Do what?
做什么
Testify for you.
为你作证
Creary was just showing off for me
科瑞只是在我面前表现他自己
and giving you a hard time 'cause we dated.
并让你难堪,因为你我以前约会过
And you're the one who blew it out of proportion.
是你在夸大其词
He said my client was guilty.
他说我的委托人有罪
People say a lot of things.
人都是信口开河的
You said that you returned my phone call.
你还说你回了我电话呢
So this is about not returning your calls?
你不帮我就因为我没回你电话吗
No, this is about not seeing the upside of crossing a judge.
不是,是因为我觉得对抗法官没好处
The upside is: it's the truth.
好处就是,说出了真相
And that's your real goal here?
你这么费心就是为了这个目的吗
The truth.
真相
We could subpoena you.
我们可以给你发传票
Yeah, you could.
是啊,你可以
Whoa. Cary Agos.
凯里·艾格斯
What, you come to tell us how the other half lives?
来给我们普及高级生活的定义吗
Still a $200 buy-in?
还是200美元起吗
I don't know-- might be time to raise it.
不知道,也许可以提个价码
So, you happy to be back at your old firm?
回到老东家高兴吗
Ah, Gardner-- he's got it out for me.
加德纳让我挺头疼的
Yeah? Man, he's got it out for everyone.
是吗,每个人都对他挺头疼的
Oh, yeah, your boss, he must be pissed.
是啊,你老板,他一定很生气
You still clerking with Creary?
你还是科瑞的书记员吗
Yeah. He is not happy.
是啊,他很不高兴
But, well, he hasn't been happy for a while.
不过,他不高兴也不是一天两天了
Oh, yeah? Why is that, the double shifts?
是吗,因为什么事,老加班吗
No, his wife.
不,他妻子
Well, I guess his ex-wife.
应该说,他前妻
Is it fair to consider you a reluctant witness here, Mr. Chapin?
查平先生,你来作证是否并非自愿
It is fair to consider me both reluctant and really pissed.
应该说我既不愿意又很生气
Because you've been subpoenaed? Yes.
因为你是被传唤的,对
And because I thought I was talking to a friend.
而且我还以为跟我聊天的是朋友
Now, you are Judge Creary's law clerk?
那么,你是科瑞法官的书记员吗
Yes. I'm sorry, sir.
是的,对不起,先生
Don't worry.
没关系
After Will Gardner's suspension,
在威尔·加德纳被吊销执照之后
what did you observe Judge Creary saying about Mr. Gardner?
你听到科瑞法官是怎样谈论加德纳先生的
He called Mr. Gardner a liar and a thief.
他说加德纳先生是骗子和小偷
And these are the same words that Judge Creary
而科瑞法官却否认
denied speaking in their recent bar encounter?
在酒吧见面时,说了同样的话
Objection, Your Honor.
反对,法官阁下
Sustained.
反对有效
To your knowledge,
据你所知
Mr. Chapin, is Judge Creary the only judge in Cook County
查平先生,库克县法官中是否只有科瑞法官
who made derogatory comments about Will during his suspension?
在威尔暂停执业期间对他有过负面评论
No. Everyone was talking about it.
不,每个人都在谈论这件事
And all the judges were joking about it, too.
所有的法官都在开此事的玩笑
Which judges in particular do you recall made comments?
你还记得具体有哪些法官谈论过此事吗
Paver, um...
佩佛
Worth... Ferraro...
沃斯,费拉罗
Judge John Ferraro?
约翰·费拉罗法官吗
Didn't he recently rule in favor of Will Gardner
他前几天在裁决一个驾车过失杀人案时
on a vehicular manslaughter suit?
不是支持了威尔·加德纳吗
I believe so. Objection, Your Honor. Relevance.
是的,反对,法官阁下,与本案无关
It's relevant because it proves
与本案有关,因为这证明
a judge is fully capable of putting personal feelings
一个法官在裁决案件时
about defense counsel aside when deciding a case.
能完全不掺杂个人情绪
I quite agree.
我非常同意
Overruled.
反对无效
We need to move off of the personal animus strategy.
不能继续采用个人仇恨的作战策略了
The key is his prejudging our client's guilt.
关键在于他提前判定了委托人有罪
Well, what about the witness at the bar?
在酒吧的那位证人呢
She won't testify.
她不愿意出庭作证
Can't we subpoena her?
我们不能直接传唤她吗
I'm not sure she'll tell the truth.
我觉得她不一定会说实话
What else did your friend say about Creary?
关于科瑞,你朋友还说了什么
You mean my ex-friend?
你是说我的"前"朋友吗
Well, since Creary's divorce, he's been struggling with alcohol.
自从他跟妻子离婚后,就一直在努力戒酒
Going to AA? Yes. Why?
去参加AA了吗,是的,怎么了
Are we sure we want to go there? I don't know.
真要用这招吗,我不知道
If you go nuclear, don't leave missiles in your silo.
都使出核武器了,就别留着导弹了
So, are you gonna go to the funeral?
那么,你会去参加她的葬礼吗
You should go to the funeral.
你应该去参加
Why are you so interested in her?
为什么你对她这么有兴趣
What do you mean? I'm not interested in her.
什么意思,我没有啊
All you want to do is talk about her.
你一直在谈论她
I don't know.
我不知道
I just feel bad.
我只是觉得难过
I thought you didn't know her.
你不是不认识她吗
I know, but I could still feel bad.
是啊,但我还是觉得很难过
It's just weird.
这事太不可思议了
Her being dead.
关于她的死
It's not weird.
这没有不可思议
Do you believe in God?
你相信上帝吗
No. Why not?
不,为什么
Why is that funny to you?
这有什么好笑的
You're funny.
你很好笑
Girls don't come here to... talk about God.
女孩们来这里通常不会,谈论上帝
They come in here to have sex?
她们来这里是为了做爱
Is that what she did?
她就是这样的吗
The other Grace?
另一个格蕾丝
Uh-huh.
We're not gonna have sex.
我不会跟你做爱的
I didn't ask you.
我又没问你
You're right.
你说得对
No.
So that's it?
就这样
I'm late to class.
我上课要迟到了
Tomorrow?
那明天见
Yeah?
怎么了
Oh, hi.
你好
No, no, that's good.
不,不用,没关系的
Do you mind looking into Judge Creary's drinking?
你能调查一下科瑞法官酗酒的事吗
Okay. Everything okay?
好的,没出什么事吧
Yeah, my daughter's two steps away from dating Keith Moon,
没事,我女儿差点就跟凯斯·穆恩在一起了
but everything's fine.
但一切都还好
Look, if you want to go out for a drink or
如果想出去喝一杯
you want to speak, just give me a call, all right,
或者想要谈谈,打给电话给我,好吗
and I'll get onto that.
那事我会去查的
All right, take care.
好的,保重
Who's that?
谁的电话
Work.
工作上的
The place where I work.
我工作的地方打过来的
Was it Cary?
是凯里吗
It wasn't Cary.
不是凯里
You need to give it a rest on the whole alpha male thing.
你就别那么大男子主义了
I don't understand.
我不懂
How can we take a ten percent dive in I.T.?
我们的电脑数据怎会跌了百分之十
We were in the middle of a reorganization,
我们正在进行人事改组
and we've hit a bump.
而且我们遇到了麻烦
What bump?
什么麻烦
I lost my volunteers.
有些自愿者走了
Well, get new ones.
那就再招一些
No, there was one I needed.
不,有一个我特别需要
And what happened? He's in school.
怎么回事,他是学生
He can't work anymore. Are you insane?
他不能再干了,你疯了吗
He's in school and he can't work anymore?
他是学生,他就不能再做了吗
You tell him he has to work.
你告诉他必须工作
He's new. He's not very committed...
他是新来的,还不是很投入
Okay, shut up.
好了,别说了
Is he here?
他在这吗
Where?
哪里
Jay, this is Eli Gold.
杰,这位是伊莱·戈德
Jay is a new volunteer.
杰是新的自愿者
Where are you going?
你要去哪
No, kid, you're staying.
小孩,你要留下来
Mr. Gold would like to offer you a job.
戈德先生要给你份工作
No, let him go.
不,让他走吧
Damn it.
该死
Are you pacing me?
你在跟我拼酒吗
Another round, please.
再来一轮
Two more beers? Sure.
再来两杯啤酒吗,好的
Want me to get her number for you?
要我去帮你要她电话吗
Do you ever get jealous?
你曾经嫉妒过吗
Do I get jealous? Yeah, why?
我曾经嫉妒过吗,是的,怎么了
Of who?
嫉妒谁
I don't know.
不知道
People I'm dating.
我的约会对象
When they meet someone else.
当她们见其他人时
I'm narcissistic enough to think
我自恋到以为
women should give up sex altogether after me.
女人失去我之后就不会再有性趣了
You jealous of someone?
你在嫉妒谁吗
How do you stop being jealous?
怎样才能不再嫉妒
You stop caring.
不再在乎
Start seeing other people.
开始去见其他人
Like anything, it wears off after a while.
就像所有事,时间一长就淡了
Yeah.
是的
Or... you tell the person,
或者,你告诉那人
"I don't want you to see other people."
我不想你再去见其他人
But then you have to be ready to back it up.
但那时你要做好准备
Thank you.
谢谢
You're welcome.
不客气
That's a very genuine "Thank you" from you.
你这句谢谢是发自内心的
I have to go to an AA meeting now.
我现在得去AA会了
Hi, thank you. Welcome.
谢谢,欢迎
Hello. Welcome. Hi.
你好,欢迎,你好
Oh, is this your first time?
你是第一次来吗
At this meeting, yeah.
来这里,是的
I usually go to the one across town.
我通常都是去城市另一头的那个
That's great. Well, welcome.
很好,欢迎
Thank you.
谢谢
Actually, I'm looking for a friend of mine, Harrison.
事实上,我想要找我朋友,哈里森
Do you know if he's coming tonight?
他今晚会来吗
I don't. He's usually here by now.
不知道,他通常都是这个时间到
He's doing well, isn't he?
他恢复得很不错,是吗
Thank you, Mrs. Vaughn.
范恩夫人,谢谢
Do you attend Alcoholics Anonymous meetings
你和哈里森·科瑞法官
with Judge Harrison Creary?
一起参加嗜酒者互诫协会吗
Mrs. Vaughn?
范恩夫人
I do.
是的
What does the judge share with the group at these meetings?
法官在小组里都说了什么
Your Honor, this is truly outrageous.
法官阁下,这真是太离谱了
Alcoholics Anonymous has a strict code of confidentiality.
嗜酒者互诫协会有严格的保密规定
Yes, Counselor, unfortunately, AA is not covered
对,律师,不幸的是嗜酒者互诫协会
by client, patient, or clergy privileges,
不包括在客户,病人或牧师保密特权内
and answers can be compelled here.
因此必须作答
I don't agree with this, but the law is the law.
我也不愿这么做,但是法律就是法律
Again, what has the judge shared at these meetings, ma'am?
夫人,法官在小组里都说了什么
He recently returned to addiction when his wife left him.
他最近因为妻子离开又开始酗酒
This is cruel.
太残酷了
And did he say what happened when he drank?
他有没有说过自己喝醉了会怎样
He blacked out.
他会昏过去
Therefore, if Judge Creary had indeed prejudged
因此,如果科瑞法官真的预先判定了
Mrs. Van Zanten for-- what did he call it?-- her actus reus--
他所谓的范赞腾夫人的犯罪行为
and if he said as much to Mr. Gardner at the bar,
如果他在酒吧里对加德纳先生说过这话
then due to his blackouts, he might not remember it now?
由于他喝醉昏过去了,现在也不记得了吧
Ms. Hellinger, aren't you going to object?
海灵格小姐,你不反对吗
Am I going to...?
我是否要
Yes. Thank you, Your Honor.
是的,法官阁下,谢谢
Sustained. Leading.
反对有效,诱导证人
No further questions, Your Honor.
没有其他问题了,法官阁下
I'll keep this short and sweet.
我要讲的很简洁明了
You want to work for your dad's campaign, I won't stop you.
你想要帮你爸爸竞选,我不会阻止你
But I can't speak for your mother.
但是我不能帮你跟妈妈说
Now, if you want some advice
至于如何告诉你母亲
as to how to present it to your mother, I would offer it.
如果你需要意见,我倒能指点一二
Who's that?
那是谁
Connor.
康纳
Who's Connor?
康纳是谁
Grace's friend.
格蕾丝的朋友
Grace.
格蕾丝
Mr. Gold.
戈德先生
About my mom.
如何告诉我妈妈
Yes, yes, the best way to present it to your mom
对,对,最好的方式就是让她明白
is that you're becoming a part of the campaign anyway.
你无论如何都已是竞选活动的一部分了
You don't want to hate yourself by making your dad lose
你也不想将来怨自己,爸爸落选
when there's a chance you could help your dad win.
就是因为少了你的一臂之力
Okay.
好吧
Best not to say I was here.
最好还别提我到过这儿
You weren't here.
你没来过
I am ready to rule.
本席现在进行裁决
This trial has been, above all, angering.
首先,此次庭审令人愤怒
I believe the defense-- the ostensible defense--
我认为辩方,表面上是辩方
at the moment it seems to be the prosecution--
此刻反倒像是控方
they have resorted to rank character assassination.
他们采取了令人不齿的人格攻击的方式
They have inflicted on Judge Harrison Creary a personal examination
以谁都承受不住的私人调查
that none of us could survive.
向哈里森·科瑞法官施压
They...
他们
They have dug through his confessions.
他们甚至揪出了他戒酒会的自白
They have subpoenaed innocent bystanders
他们传讯无辜受殃者
and forced them to testify.
强迫其出庭作证
I am, to be frank, disgusted.
老实说,我对此厌恶至极
Your Honor... No, sit down.
法官阁下,不,坐下
Unfortunately I believe the defense has proven its case.
遗憾的是,我认为被告证明了其控诉
I have doubts about Judge Creary's memory
我对科瑞法官当晚的记忆
of the evening in question.
持有疑虑
To be factually correct does not mean to be right.
事实正确并不意味着公正
Therefore, I am granting the defense's motion to substitute.
因此,我准许被告更换法官的动议
This case will be assigned to a new judge.
这个案件将派一名新法官审理
Next time in front of a jury.
下次胜利就是在陪审团前了
I think you'll want to consider taking a plea first-- 25 years?
我猜你愿意先考虑一下25年的认罪条件
And why would we do that?
为什么
Because your client was cheating on her husband.
因为你的当事人对丈夫不忠
Actus reus No.
Actus reus--,不
it's not just Latin for "Guilty act."
不仅是拉丁文里的"犯罪行为"
It's an online forum for cheating spouses.
也是一个外遇配偶论坛的名字
That's why Judge Creary said "Actus reus."
所以科瑞法官才会说这个词
Before his divorce he visited the forum.
他在离婚前曾访问过那个论坛
That's when he saw your client's profile.
他在那时看到了你的当事人的档案
Still doesn't mean she killed him.
仍然不能说明她杀了他
You're right, but we're checking the Actus Reus logs,
对,但我们正在查这个论坛的记录
and my guess is, we'll find somebody else
依我猜测,很可能会找到被你当事人
your client solicited to murder her husband.
教唆去杀害她丈夫的真凶
Or you can take the 25 years.
再考虑一下25年的条件吧
You know I share an office now.
我现在和别人共用一间办公室
So? So I don't think Cary would appreciate
所以,所以我觉得凯里或许会介意
you sitting at his desk.
你坐在他的位置上
I've just gotten word that the trackers are following Zach, too.
我刚得到消息,那些人还跟踪扎克
Yeah, we knew that.
我们已经知道了
Yes.
是的
I just wanted to let you know
我只想让你明白
that they're involving your children in the campaign.
他们想把你的孩子也卷进竞选中
I knew that, too.
这我也清楚
I thought you might consider allowing them to be interviewed.
我想你可以考虑让他们接受采访
No.
不行
If Peter loses, you don't want your kids to blame themselves.
你也不想孩子们为彼得落选而自责吧
Eli, I'm tired.
伊莱,我累了
Please just go.
请你出去吧
Okay.
好的
Can't say I didn't try.
我尽力了
I won't.
我知道
Oh. Hey, I'm sorry, buddy.
抱歉,兄弟
Are you all right?
你还好吗
I hope I didn't ruin your suit.
希望我没把你的西装弄坏了
Hey, sorry, sorry.
对不起,对不起
Sorry about that.
真是抱歉啊
Hey, let, let me help you up.
让我扶你一把吧
What is that, Calvin Klein?
那是什么,卡尔文·克莱恩
Hello.
怎么了
I want to help with Dad's campaign.
我想帮爸爸竞选
Okay, let's talk.
好吧,我们谈谈
I can help,
我能帮上忙
and Grace and I are already part of the campaign
不管格蕾丝和我想不想
whether we want to be involved or not.
都已经卷进了竞选里
I don't want to be part of the problem,
我不想成为一个难题
I want to be part of the solution.
我想解决难题
And how do you become part of the solution?
你要如何解决难题
By helping at the campaign office.
到竞选办公室帮忙
I'd work on their computers after school.
我放学后去帮他们处理电脑问题
It's only a 30-minute drive, and I'd go straight there.
只是30分钟车程,我可以直接过去
And you'd only work in the campaign office?
你只在竞选办公室里工作吗
Yes, Mom,
没错,妈妈
and I'd still do my homework afterwards,
之后我还是会完成作业
everything, I promise.
和其他任务,我保证
Should I come back?
我要回避吗
No, we're fine.
不,没事
Okay, I'll think about it.
好吧,我会考虑一下
Okay.
You will?
真的吗
I will.
真的
What was that about?
你们在讨论什么
You smell like cigarette smoke.
你身上有股香烟味
It's not me.
我没抽烟
It's him? Yeah.
他抽烟吗,对

重点单词   查看全部解释    
contempt [kən'tempt]

想一想再看

n. 轻视,轻蔑

联想记忆
code [kəud]

想一想再看

n. 码,密码,法规,准则
vt. 把 ...

 
substitute ['sʌbstitju:t]

想一想再看

n. 代替者,代用品
vt. 用 ... 代替

联想记忆
patience ['peiʃəns]

想一想再看

n. 耐心,忍耐,毅力
n. 单人玩的牌

联想记忆
objection [əb'dʒekʃən]

想一想再看

n. 反对,异议

联想记忆
prejudice ['predʒudis]

想一想再看

n. 偏见,伤害
vt. 使 ... 存偏见,

联想记忆
suspension [səs'penʃən]

想一想再看

n. 悬挂,悬浮液,暂缓,未决,中止

联想记忆
retreat [ri'tri:t]

想一想再看

n. 休息寓所,撤退,隐居
v. 撤退,向后倾

联想记忆
arena [ə'ri:nə]

想一想再看

n. 竞技场

联想记忆
saint [seint]

想一想再看

n. 圣人,圣徒
vt. 把 ... 封为圣人

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。