手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《傲骨贤妻》 > 傲骨贤妻第三季 > 正文

傲骨贤妻第三季(MP3+中英字幕):第21集 我在和你搞外遇哦

来源:可可英语 编辑:clover   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

I was devastated.

我感觉像个晴天霹雳
All my life savings
我生平所有积蓄
they were gone
全没了
just like that
就那样没了
because of him.
就因为他
The defendant? You blame him for this pyramid scheme?
你指被告?你觉得他应为这一非法传销负责?
Objection calls for speculation.
反对,引导证人推测
Mrs. Florrick
福瑞克夫人
can we save our objections for issues that really matter?
咱把反对留到有意义的问题上,行吗
I'm just trying to keep the prosecution honest
我只是希望控方能够诚实行事
Your Honor.
法官阁下
Oh sure why not?
行行
Well I'm in a good mood today so I'll sustain that.
我今天心情不错,反对有效
I'm uh sorry to do this ladies and gentlemen.
很抱歉,女生们,先生们
I'll need attorneys in chambers.
我得请双方律师进内庭会面
And Shriff if you would return the jury to the jury room please.
法警,请送陪审团回陪审团室
Looks like it might rain right?
似乎要下雨了,是吧
Um yes Your Honor byby this afternoon.
是的,法官阁下,下午会下雨
Yeah I was in Mexico in April not a drop.
我四月份待在墨西哥,一滴雨也没下
Uh was Mexico beautiful?
墨西哥漂亮吗
I liked it I liked it a lot.
我喜欢,很喜欢
I'm declaring a mistrial.
我要宣布无效审判
Did I say that you could all talk?
我允许你们说话了吗
This is not about you.
这和你们无关
I have been put in the penalty box.
我被丢到受罚席了
You'll be assigned a new judge in a month.
一个月后,你们将被指派另外一位法官
I've been transferred to the 13th floor
我被调到13楼了
and all my cases will be reassigned as of uh
我手头所有案子都将重新分派
11:00 a.m. this morning. Great.
今天上午11点生效,太好了,
I'm sorry Your Honor.
我很遗憾,法官阁下
Yeah a 15year judicial career down the drain
是啊,15年的司法生涯付诸流水
but hey politis is politics.
但没办法,政治就是这样
Stop crying Judy.
别哭了,朱迪
So you're all dismissed.
你们可以走了
You can go and gossip to all your lawyer friends.
去跟你们的律师朋友们嚼嚼舌根
Ms. Lockhart could you stay?
洛克哈特女士,你可以留一下吗
Don't worry it's not ex parte.
别担心,这不是单方面交流
The trial is over.
审判已经结束
Get out.
出去
You can head out tooJudy.
你也出去吧,朱迪
Ms. Lockhart have a seat.
洛克哈特女士,请坐
I need a lawyer.
我需要一名律师
Civil or criminal?
民事还是刑事
Possibly both.
可能都需要
Uh what is the case?
是什么案子
You agree to take it?
你同意接了?
Uh no I need to know the case first.
不,我得先知道是什么案子
I was a prosecutor 20 years ago.
20年前我是一名公诉人
I put a wifekiller in prison.
我把一个杀妻犯送进了监狱
And now a recent DNA test has proved that he might not be guilty
最近一份DNA测试证明,他可能是无辜的
and they're looking at how I handled the prosecution.
他们在调查我当初的控诉过程
They're saying I kept things from the defense.
他们说我对辩方有所隐瞒
And that's why the penalty box.
所以你才被丢到受罚席
Yes I'm being investigated by the state's attorney.
是,我正在接受州检察官的调查
I've been transferred to review pauper petitions
我被调去审核穷人诉状
until such time as I am cleared.
直到我被洗清
I want you to know that Mrs. Florrick has no sway over her husband.
希望你知道,福瑞克夫人无法左右她丈夫
Ms. Lockhart you don't know me do you?
洛克哈特女士,看来你不了解我
I'm not hiring you for your political connections.
我聘请你们,不是因为你们的政治关系
I'm hiring you because I respected the way that
而是因为我尊敬加德纳先生
Mr. Gardner battled his recent judicial bribery accusations.
应对前阵子对他司法贿赂的控诉的方式
Now do you think I should be getting another lawyer?
你认为我应该找别人吗
I'm not sure it's a good idea.
我觉得不接为妙
We said we're overburdened as it is.
我们现在已经负担过重了
No new clients until we hire a new litigator.
在聘请一名新律师之前,不要再接新的客户了
It's a judge; a judge is when you make an exception.
他是个法官,法官是特例
Why?
为什么
We represent Cuesta he'll have to recuse himself
如果我们做奎斯塔的律师,以后碰上我们的案子
from any future cases we have before him.
他都得回避
Yes but it's the halo effect.
对,但要看光圈效应
Other judges will know we have their back.
其他法官会知道,我们支持他们
Howard everything all right?
霍华德,有事吗
Yeah I saw you were having a meeting of the name partners
我看到你们在开冠名合伙人会议
and I thought since I'm a name partner
我想我也是个冠名合伙人
I should be here.
应该来开会
Okay.
好吧
Uh we were just talking about whether to take on new client a judge.
我们在讨论要不要接一个新的客户,是名法官
What kind of judge?
哪种法官
A criminal judge.
刑事法官
Oh criminal sounds smart.
刑事法官,听着是个好主意
Okay it's been settled.
好,这就决定了
We should take on Judge Cuesta as a client; Howard approves.
我们应该接奎斯塔法官的案子,霍华德同意了
Then we'll have to hire a new litigator.
那我们得聘一名新律师
Howard isn't that a good idea? Litigator? Yeah.
霍华德,听着不错吧? 律师?不错,
Got a few names if you want.
我有几个人选,如果你们需要的话
Actually Alicia had a suggestion.
艾丽西娅推荐了一个人
Cary Agos. Alicia? Who's Alicia?
凯里·艾格斯,艾丽西娅?谁是艾丽西娅,
Uh I am.
我是
Cary's been demoted at the state'sattorney.
凯里在州检办被降职了
He's ready to make the jump.
他做好跳槽的准备了
But are we ready to be jumped?
但我们做好被跳槽的准备了吗
I've worked on 140 cases since I've been away
我离开律所以后,经办了140宗案子
and I've learned a lot about myself and the law.
对自己,对法律,都有了更深入的了解
We're a bit shorthanded at the moment Cary.
我们现在缺人,凯里
We need someone immediately.
我们需要一个马上能到岗的人
Will that work for you?
你能做到吗
Well I'd need to offer a two week's notice
我得提前两周交辞职信
but uh otherwise yes.
其他都没问题
And why are you leaving the state's attorney's office?
你为什么要离开州检办
My responsibilities have been curtailed
我在州检办的职责被缩减了
and I wanted to face greater challenges.
我希望迎接更大的挑战
Why curtailed?
为什么会被缩减呢
Well unfortunately I'm not in a position to answer that.
抱歉,恕我无法回答
That's confidential state's attorney business.
这是州检办的机密事务
But it shouldn't worry us?
但我们不需要担心?
No.
不,
No Peter will give me a very strong recommendation.
不需要,彼得会给我写封很好的推荐信
And you won't have any difficulty going up against your old boss?
而与旧老板对抗也不会使你为难吗
Didn't have any difficulty going up against you two.
我与你们对抗时也没有任何为难
Will
威尔
I'm sorry about how all that went down the last few months.
我对这几个月发生的事非常抱歉
You mean the attempted indictment of me?
你是指试图控诉我的事吗
Yes. I want you to know I was assigned that prosecution.
对,我希望你知道我是奉命行事
I never would have chosen it.
若问我本意,我不会那么做
Who would you most want to spend time
你最想和谁一起
with on a desert island?
在荒岛上度日呢
Hey.
嘿,
Heythanks.
嘿,谢谢
They said you put in a good word for me.
他们说你帮我说了好话
You're getting pretty hard to beat in court these days;
你最近在庭上很难对付
better to have you here.
所以把你拉入阵营会更好
How'd it go?
面试情况如何
Good I think but I don't want to jinx it.
感觉不错,不过我不想败人品
Don't tell Peter by the way. I haven't told him yet.
对了,别告诉彼得,我还没跟他说
No problem.
没问题
He's everything we need right now: a gogetter
他正是我们现在需要的人,有进取心
knows ins and outs of the state's attorney's office.
又了解州检办的情况
Conflicts of interests here could sink a battle ship.
他加入的话,利益冲突可能摧毁我们
Are we really suddenly worried about the conflicts of interests?
我们真的突然关心起利益冲突问题了吗
We face fifty between here and the elevator.
从这里到电梯这段路,我们就有50个冲突要面对
I say we hire him.
我们该录用他
I disagree.
我反对
Howard?
霍华德,你说呢
Is he gay?
他是同性恋吗
He only wants to take boys to a desert island.
他只想带男人上荒岛
That's why I'm asking.
所以我想问问
Thurgood Marshall and Keith Richards?
他想带瑟古德·马歇尔和基思·理查德?
Mmhmm. No girls.
对啊,没有女孩
That bothered me.
这让我很困扰
I see.
明白了
And did that uh bother you too Will?
这...也使你困扰了吗,威尔
Well I'm glad we reached such a sensible decision.
很高兴我们做出了如此明智的决定
If we don't find someone better we go back to Cary.
若找不到更好的,我们就雇凯里
It sounds sensible to me.
在我看来,挺明智的
Is Judge Cuesta coming here today?
奎斯特法官今天会来吗
Yes we discuss strategy in a half hour.
会,半小时后要讨论对策
Which is when I have a sitdown with Lemond Bishop.
那个时间我得见莱蒙德·毕夏普
The city's top meth dealer in the waiting room with its top judge.
本城顶级毒枭和顶级法官共享等候室
Yes that qualifies as awkward scheduling.
这安排得够尴尬的
I still think you can keep your stance.
我依然认为你可以坚守立场
Well then why are we arguing?
那我们还争论什么呢
We're not arguing.
我们不是争论
I just don't like being told what I'm doing
我只是不喜欢在我已经行动的时候
is politically smart when I'm doing it anyway.
来指指点点说我这么做是明智的
Okay Peter you're making epically courageous decision.
好吧彼得,你做了一个非常勇敢的决定
How is that?
这么说可以了吧
When did we become an old bickering couple?
我们何时变成一对争论不休的老夫妻了
Oh hey did you kick out that kid um Cary...
哦对,你把那孩子开除了吗
Uh what's his name?
那个叫凯里...什么的
Did I what? That kid.
我干嘛了,那孩子,
I saw him here at Lockhart/ Gardner looking for a job.
我看到他来洛&哈律所找工作
Cary something.
那个叫凯里什么的
Cary Agos?
凯里·艾格斯吗
Yeah yeah yeah I saw him here being interviewed.
对对对,我看到他在面试
I didn't know you were letting him go.
我没听说你要开除他啊
Terri Rooney 24 years old stabbed to death in 1992.
泰里·鲁尼,24岁,1992年被刺死
She was pregnant he didn't want a baby.
她当时怀孕了,丈夫不想要孩子
So he insured her for $850000 and he killed her.
所以给她投了85万美金保险之后杀了她
Her husband Patrick said he returned home from the supermarket
她丈夫帕特里克说他从超市回家后
to find her mutilated with a knife taken from the kitchen.
发现她被自家厨房的刀严重刺伤
But no one at the supermarket remembered him and head no receipt.
但超市里没人记得他,他也没有小票
Yes it was a weak alibi.
对,他的不在场证明很无力
Try nonexistent.
应该说根本不成立
And look he had her blood on his shirt and his jacket.
而且,他衬衫和夹克上还有她的血
The defense claimed that it was from his attempts to revive her.
辩方说是在他抢救她时沾到的
As were the defensive wounds on his face?
那他脸上的防卫伤也是那么来的吗
Okay we're not here to retry this Your Honor.
法官阁下,我们不是在重审案件
Mr. Rooney's sentence has been vacated
鲁尼先生的判决被撤销了
and he has been released and why is that?
他也被释放了,为什么
The killer's hand thrust down on the sharp edge of the knife
杀手在杀她时
when he stabbed her
手碰到了刀刃
leaving his blood it was never tested for DNA
留下了血迹,但当时没有验DNA
until his appellate lawyers petitioned it last year.
他的上诉律师一年前申请做了
Turns out it was somebody else's.
结果血迹是别人的
Look we didn't test DNA back then.
那个时候是不测DNA的
Patrick Rooney was released last August
帕特里克·鲁尼去年8月被释放
when the DNA matched...
DNA结果和...
Just to be clear...
我只是想说明一下...
...a truck driver.
一个卡车司机吻合,
I did nothing less than any prosecutor...
我做的不比任何公诉人少
Yes yes just to be clear
没错没错,但我只是想说明一下
this isn't your court Your Honor.
这里不是你的法庭,法官阁下
This is our offices.
这是我们的办公室
You need to drop the entitlement.
请你放下法官的架子
Excuse me? I thought I was explaining myself.
什么,我只是在解释而已
You were acting as if you were the injured party.
你表现得像你才是受害者
I have been barred from the bench ma'am
我被禁止了法官工作,女士
and I have done nothing wrong.
而我什么错事都没做
No Patrick Rooney did nothing wrong
不,帕特里克·鲁尼什么错事都没做
and he spent 20 years in prison for it.
但他为此在狱中过了20年
He had his wife snatched from him
他妻子的生命被夺走
and then he was accused of her murder.
他还被指控杀了她
Your attitude Your Honor
法官阁下,你的态度
it will do more to condemn you than the evidence.
比证据更容易使你受谴责
You're on this side of the bench now.
你现在是在受审席上
You have to show humility.
你必须得表现得谦恭
Continue.
继续吧
A court of inquiry is being commenced in two days
调查法庭会在两天后开庭
to review the evidence against His Honor
对针对法官阁下的证据进行调查
and decide if criminal charges should be brought.
并决定是否提出刑事指控
Why a court of inquiry?
为什么是调查法庭
My guess is due to the personal animosity of the players.
我想是为了避免法官之间有私人交情吧
All right well it still needs a judge.
好吧,那还是得有个法官
Your Honor knows most of the judges in Cook County.
库克县大多数的法官,法官阁下你都认识
They'll have to recuse themselves so who?
他们都得回避,那会找谁呢
Would you excuse me?
能失陪一下吗
Which leaves me with two months left on my suspension.
我停职期还有两个月
Still I want you to know Mr. Bishop
还是要跟您说一下,毕夏普先生
your team is intact and firing on all cylinders.
为您服务的团队很稳定,大家也很卖力
And how are you doing?
你过得怎样
How am I doing?
我过得怎样?
I'm good thank you.
挺好的,谢谢
I just worry about my clients.
只是担心我的客户
I'm fine.
我很好
I don't think a lawyer's working hard enough
我觉得,时不时惹上点法律纠纷的律师
unless they get into a little legal trouble now and then.
才叫努力工作呢
Damon is handling your tax issues.
达蒙处理你的税务事宜
Roger your trust. Mark and Eve your criminal.
罗杰负责你的信托基金,马克和伊娃负责刑事诉讼
Jordan and Alicia your civil litigation.
乔丹和艾丽西娅负责你的民事诉讼
Mrs. Florrick hello.
福瑞克夫人,你好
Mr. Bishop.
毕夏普先生
How am I doing civilly?
我民事纠纷方面,有什么问题吗
Well sir no complaints.
先生,挺好的
Good.
好,
Actually where is that little investigator you have?
你们那个小调查员在哪呢
Kalinda? I think she's in another meeting but we can get her.
凯琳达?她在开会,不过可以叫她过来
Please; in fact
请叫她来,事实上
can have a quick word with Mrs. Florrick and Kalinda in private?
我能跟福瑞克夫人和凯琳达私下说几句吗
We've represented lawyers before Your Honor
我们以前也代理过律师,法官阁下
and they all share one trait: backseat driving.
他们都有个共同特点,想指手画脚
They have trouble letting us drive their defense.
总是很难放开让我们给他们辩护
I will uh endeavor to behave.
我会尽量老老实实的
Mr. Bishop wants to talk to us.
毕夏普先生要跟我们谈话
You can give us a minute too Mr. Gardner.
你也回避一下吧,加德纳先生
You sure? yeah legal stuff.
你确定吗,是啊,法律方面的事,
You can't be helping on it anyway
你留下也不能帮忙
your suspension.
你被停职了啊
I was approached by an FBI agent med Lana Delaney.
有个叫拉娜·德兰尼的联邦调查局探员找我
She seems to think I have some tax issues
她好像认为我有税务问题
due to some work you did for me.
源于你帮我干过的事
When did she approach you?
她什么时候找你的
I was surprised by this of course.
当然,我对此很惊讶
I didn't remember you had done work for me
我不记得你帮我干过什么
and I was surprised to have an FBI agent approach me at all.
我对联邦调查局探员找我,也相当吃惊
Yeah I'm surprised too.
我也很惊讶
But you don't pay me to be your client.
但你不是付钱的客户,我是
I pay you.
我付你钱
I pay you not to be surprised.
我付你钱,可不是找惊讶的
That's my fault sir.
是我的错,先生
Due to attorney client privilege
鉴于律师当事人保密特权
I was limited in what I could share with you.
我能告诉你们的有限
You're only limited if she tells you to be limited right?
只限于她告知你要限制的部分,对吧
Yes. So what's my exposure?
是的,那我曝光到什么程度了,
We're taking care of it.
我们会处理好的
Listen to me.
听我说
I don't like the FBI coming to me
我不喜欢联邦调查局的人来找我
so take care of it... fast.
所以请摆平此事,速度
Are we understanding?
明白了吗
We are.
明白
That wasn't good.
情况不妙
No.
不妙
Your FBI friend is gonna get you killed.
你那个探员朋友会害死你的
No word yet on judge?
还是不知道法官是谁?
No it's still a political hot potato.
没有,这依然是个政治上的烫手山芋
The suspicion is they'll choose by lottery.
有人怀疑,可能会抽签决定
Ms. Lockhart.
洛克哈特女士
Counselor.
律师
Judge Cuesta.
奎斯特法官
Seth they put you on this?
赛斯,他们把这活指派给你了?
No I volunteered Your Honor
不,是我主动请缨,法官阁下
Oh how nice
真好
and Brutus volunteered to govern Gaul.
就像布鲁图斯主动请缨看守高卢
If nobody stepped up justice would not be served
如果没人挺身而出,正义就不会得以伸张
so I stepped up.
所以我站出来了
Always watch out for these true believers.
要小心这些正义信徒啊
All stand.
全体起立
The Special Court of Inquiry is now in session.
特别调查法庭现在开庭
The Honorable Murphy Wicks presiding.
有请尊敬的墨菲·威克斯法官
Who the heck? Hi there.
谁啊究竟是,各位好,
Oh please you can all sit down.
请坐,大家都坐下
Uh I'm new to this court
我是新来的
so things may go a little slowly at first here.
可能刚开始会有点慢
I'm I'm Judge Murphy Wicks.
我是墨菲·威克斯法官
Murphy is fine with me.
叫我墨菲就好
I'm from downstate Harrisburg
我来自州南部的哈里斯堡
uh Gateway to the Shawnee National.
肖尼国家森林的大门
Population: 10790.
那儿人口有10790
Yep.
是啊
Oh my gosh he is an idiot.
天哪,他是个白痴
So our defense is simple.
我们的辩护很简单
Prosecutorial discretion is not misconduct.
检控自由裁量不是失职
You cannot convict a prosecutor
你不能因为公诉人在起诉时所做的选择
for the choices he makes in pursuing a prosecution.
而定他的罪
Good and Kalinda is on the judge?
好,凯琳达去查法官了吗
She's checking his background
她在查他的背景
but it seems he's exactly what he says
不过貌似他确实如他所说
just a smalltown judge.
只是个小城来的法官而已
Alicia what do you think of Callie Simko?
艾丽西娅,你对凯莉·西姆科有什么看法
Callie from our last case?
上一件案子那位凯莉吗?
Good a bit cutthroat but smart.
挺好,有点犀利了,不过很聪明
Why?
为什么
What do you think of her coming here to Lockhart/Gardner?
要是她来咱们律所,你觉得如何
In addition to Cary? No.
也录用凯里?不是,
Well I don't know maybe.
我不知道,也许吧
ShShe's smart.
她很聪明
I can't speak to how she'd fit in.
她能不能融入咱们所我就不知道了
Okay thanks.
我知道了,谢谢
So Callie
凯莉
tell us about your life.
跟我们说说你的生活吧
Basically I have no life.
我基本上没什么生活
I live for litigation.
诉讼就是我的全部
And you were suspended for a year?
你曾经被停职一年?
Yes I had some overbilling issues
是的,超额计费问题
mostly because I had a cocaine habit.
主要是因为我有可卡因瘾
I know I think it's best to state that right at the top.
我觉得这种事最好一开始就说清
For the last two years I have been in recovery.
过去两年,我都在康复中
If you have any doubt
要是有什么问题
you should talk to my past employer
你可以去问问我的前雇主
and my clients.
和客户
Thank you I will.
谢谢,我会的
And why are you leaving Hockney & Barnes?
你为什么要离开H&B律所?
Too big too corporate too many fiefdoms
太大,太公司化,拉帮结派作风太浓
and one more reasonyou.
还有一个原因是你
Me? Yes.
我? 是的,
I have respected how you've shattered
我很敬佩你为女律师
the glass ceiling for the rest of us
打破了玻璃天花板(女性升职障碍)
and I'm sorry if it sounds kissbutty but... I'm a fan.
这话听着像是拍你马屁,但我真是你粉丝
Who would you take to a desert island?
你会带谁和你一起去荒岛
Who would I take?
带谁去吗
Yes a serious question.
对,这可是个正经问题
Okay I guess... YoYo Ma.
我会带马友友去
Mmhmm. With his cello.
还得带上他的大提琴
And uh Brad Pitt for a bit of eye candy.
布拉德·皮特,看着养眼
I hope that's not too superficial.
希望这答案不会太肤浅
Oh no.
不会不会
I like her.
这姑娘我喜欢
Good choices for a deserted island.
带上荒岛的人选得很妙啊
Yes let me call some of her references.
我再问问她的推荐人
Whatever.
随便
She'my choice.
反正我选她
Hey Howard. How are you? Eli
霍华德,最近怎样,伊莱,
Hey um you know
这样
I was thinking we should really talk.
我在想,咱俩应该好好谈谈
I can't tell you that I love you
不能把我的爱意说出口
I can't say I think of you...
不能把我的思念说出口,
What do you think?
你怎么想的
What do I...?
我怎么
I don't know I'm just here.
我不知道,就是在这儿啊
What do you think?
你又怎么想的
I think I'm fine.
我想我很好
You didn't need to do it.
你不需要这么做的
I have other options.
我还有其他选择
I what are we talking about?
咱们是在说什么
Work.
工作啊
I have another firm after me.
还有一家律所也对我有兴趣
Huh?
什么
You didn't arrange the inteiew at your firm?
不是你安排我去你们所面试的?
You had an interview at my firm?
你去我们所面试了?
Yeah yesterday.
就昨天啊
They asked if I'd come in again.
他们问我愿不愿意再回去
You didn't have anything to do with that?
真不是你安排的吗
Nothing. Well that's weird.
不是,那很奇怪啊,
Lockhart must have been impressed
洛克哈特肯定是很满意
by our last case together.
我在上个案子的表现
I guess so.
应该是吧
You going home?
你要回家了
Yeah it's getting late.
嗯,有点晚了
So you're weirded out by this?
觉得不太自在吗
This weirded you out?
我去面试让你不自在
No I'm just getting dressed.
不是,我只是穿衣服而已
Lynn Cuesta.
琳恩·奎斯塔
I'm the daughter of... him.
我是…他的女儿
You just nodded to the defendant Richard Cuesta?
你刚刚是冲被告理查德·奎斯塔点头吗
Yes I saw where she nodded.
没错,我看得见她冲哪点头
Thank you Your Honor.
谢谢,法官阁下
And do you remember the events of July 1992
你还记得1992年7月
when your father prosecuted Patric Rooney?
你父亲起诉派翠克·鲁尼的事情吗
Yes he was pretty passionate back then.
记得,他当时很是激情澎湃
He missed my graduation preparing.
为了准备这个案子,错过了我的毕业典礼
And did you strike up a relationship
你是否与那宗案子的一位陪审员
with one of the jurors in that case?
在交往
Objection Your Honor no foundation.
反对,法官阁下,没有根据
Okay wait. Just let her tell her story okay?
行了行了,就让她说完行吗
No more objections for a minute here.
暂时别提反对了
So... what does the prosecutor want you to say?
公诉人想让你说什么
I dated Larry Gibbs one of the jurors.
我和其中一个陪审员拉里·吉布斯交往过
Mmmm and was this a very serious relationship Ms. Cuesta?
奎斯塔小姐,你们是认真交往吗
We were together about a year.
我们在一起差不多1年
I thought we were gonna get married but you know men.
我以为会结婚呢,不过你也知道男人嘛
Yes I'm sorry for our gender.
代表男同胞说声抱歉
And did you and Mr. Gibbs discuss any of this case he was on?
你和吉布斯先生讨论过这个案件吗
Yeah. He liked talking about it.
会,他很喜欢聊这些
His deliberations?
他的评议意见是吧
And did you talk about your knowledge of the case?
你有说起过你对这个案子的了解吗
Yes.
有的
I meean I knew a few things
我是说,我知道一些细枝末节
just from around the dinner table.
都是吃饭时聊到的
I told him that stuff.
我就告诉他了
Okay. I think I get it.
好的,我明白了
Uh is there anything else you wanted to get from her Mr. Klinenberg?
你还想让她说点什么吗,科林尼伯格先生
No thank you Your Honor.
没了,谢谢,法官阁下
Just a few questions Your Honor.
我还有几个问题,法官阁下
No don't don't do that.
别,别提问了
we talked no backseat driving.
理查德,咱们说好了的,不许指手画脚
Lynn
琳恩
do you talk that much to your father?
你和你父亲的交流多吗
No. Why?
不多,为什么呢,
Objection Your Honor relevance.
反对,法官阁下,与本案无关
No no Mr. Klinenberg you got what you wanted.
不,科林尼伯格先生,你得到你想要的了
Now it's their turn.
该轮到他们了
We were never very close.
我们从不曾很亲近
In fact didn't you try to change your last name in 1993?
实际上你是不是在1993年试图改姓呢
So given the difficulties in your relationship with your father
基于你和父亲之间的紧张关系
did you ever tell him about what you learned from this juror?
你和他谈过你从陪审员那儿了解的事情吗
No.
没有
And did he ever ask you
那他问过你
about what you talked about?
关于你们谈过的事情吗
No. In fact did he even know you were dating this juror?
没有,实际上他都不知道你在和陪审员约会对吧,
He never gave a damn who I was dating.
他从不在乎我在和谁约会
The day of my wedding he didn't even send a present.
在我结婚的那天他甚至都没有送礼物
No further questions. Thank you Ms. Cuesta.
没有别的问题了,谢谢,奎斯塔小姐,
Lynn.
琳恩
Too late Dad.
爸爸,太迟了
Are you crazy? I have a gun.
你疯了吗,我有枪的
Just seeing what you're doing special agent Delaney.
就是来看看你在做什么,德兰尼探员
How did you even find me?
你是怎么找到我的
Nice place. Thanks.
家里不错,谢谢,
Getting ready for bed.
我正准备睡了
Yeah I can see that.
我能看出来
Come on I have to get up early.
得了吧,我明早还得早起
I chase you for two years and nothing.
我追了你两年却没有结果
What now you're into me?
怎么,你现在喜欢我了吗
You're gonna get me killed.
你会害我被杀的
I'm getting you what?
我会害你怎样?
You talked to Lemond Bishop.
你和莱蒙德·毕夏普谈过了
So that's what this is about?
原来就因为这事儿啊
You talk to Lemond Bishop you get me killed.
你和莱蒙德·毕夏普谈话,我会没命
No I talk to Lemond Bishop and it turns up the heat.
不,我和莱蒙德·毕夏普谈话,给他施压
He going to kill me Lana.
拉娜,他会杀了我的
Stop it.
收手吧
I can't.
不行
I can't.
不行
It's my job.
这是我的工作
We haven't gotten a new judge yet on the Ponzi scheme
庞氏骗局一案还没找到接任法官
but that gives us time to recalibrate our attack.
但也给我们时间可以重新定位我们的战略
Okay.
好的
And that's what you were doing recalibrating?
你前阵子就是在忙这个?重新定位?
Yes sir.
是的
This case could take a couple of months.
这个案子可能会耗时几个月
You up to it? Yes. It's a good case.
你能应付吗,是的,是个不错的案子,
Ah. You'll see it through?
你会一直跟进吗
I hope to. Why?
我希望如此,怎么了
You know the one thing I prize more than anything Cary?
凯里,你知道我最看重一件事
It's loyalty.
就是忠诚
I had to learn it the hard way scandal.
我从丑闻,进监狱
Going to prison.
这个最艰难的方式中学到的
I thought I knew the people that I could count on.
我原本以为我知道哪些人我能相信
Turns out there's only a handful that stuck by me
结果只有少数几个不离不弃
I got a call.
我接到一个电话
Somebody saw you
有人看见你在
being interviewed at LockhartGardner.
洛克哈特&加德纳接受面试
Sir I wasn't... You weren't being interviewed?
先生,我没有... 你没有去面试?
No I was.
不,我去了
I was intending to tell you.
我本想告诉你的
But it just happened to slip your mind?
但你不小心忘了,是吗
No.
不,
That was wrong.
那是不对的
I didn't know whether I wanted to leave.
我不知道我是否想离开
You wanted to know if there was soft landing before taking off?
你想在起飞前弄清能不能软着陆?
Sir. I have lost respect here ever since I took a step down.
先生,自从我引咎降职后就失去威信了
Yeah I know that. Do you respect me Cary?
我知道,凯里,你尊敬我吗
Of course I respect you.
我当然尊敬你
Not enough to confide in me?
但不足以对我坦白吗
You're right.
你是对的
My mistake.
是我错了
I want you to hand off your cases to Geneva Pine.
把你手头的案子全转交给吉妮瓦·派恩
We'll still offer a month's severance.
我们还是会给你一个月的离职金
Thank you.
谢谢你
I'm sorry it happened like this.
我很抱歉事情发展成这样
You got to do what you got to do.
你得为你自己打算
Frank Peal I reside at the Parnall Correctional Facility
我叫弗兰克·皮埃,住在帕纳尔教养院
in Jackson County Michigan.
在密西根州的杰克逊县
And you testified in the original Patrick Rooney murder case?
你在最初的派翠克·鲁尼谋杀案里作证了吗
Yes I testified for the prosecution.
是的,我是控方证人
Hey Dick.
迪克,你好啊
Okay let me step in here.
让我来问吧
What do you want to say Mr. Peel?
皮埃先生,你想说什么
Well it's not what I want to say.
不是我想说什么
It's that I was a cellmate of Patrick Rooney's
而是因为我是派翠克·鲁尼的狱友
and Dick over there paid me to say that he confessed.
迪克贿赂我来证明鲁尼招供了
Paid you?
他贿赂你?
With money? No.
用钱,不是,
He gave me a conjugal visit with my girlfriend you know.
他给了我一次我和我女朋友的配偶探视
And it was worth it.
很值
Thank you. Anything more Mr. Klinenberg?
谢谢你,科林尼伯格先生还有问题吗
No Your Honor.
法官阁下,没有了
A few questions Your Honor.
法官阁下,我有几个问题
Mr. Peel your testimony is
皮埃先生,你的证词是
you were promised a conjugal visit in trade
你被承诺用一次配偶探视
for your testimony against Rooney?
来交换你对鲁尼不利的证词?
That's right. What I said.
没错,就如我所说
And what was promised to you to testify against Judge Cuesta?
那你对奎斯塔法官不利的证词的又能换来什么呢
What do you mean?
你是什么意思
You're still in prison aren't you?
你还在监狱里,不是吗
Did the prosecution do what prosecutors often
这次控方是否又做了
do when they want damaging testimony? Objection.
他们想得到强力证词时常常做的事呢,反对
No Mr. Klinenberg. Go ahead ma'am.
反对无效,女士,请继续
Did they offer you leniency in trade for your testimony?
他们是不是用宽大处理来交换你的证词呢
Well they offered to speak at my parole hearing
他们提出在我的假释听证会上发言
if that's what you mean
如果你指的是这个的话
but I wouldn't call that paying you know?
但我不认为这是贿赂
It's just what friends do for friends.
这只是朋友间的互相帮助
Okay thank you Mr. Peel.
谢谢你,皮埃先生
We don't need anything more from you.
我们没有别的问题了
That was nicely done.
干得漂亮
Thank you Your Honor.
谢谢,法官阁下
You what?
你什么?
I'm dating her.
我在跟她约会
You're dating Callie Simko?
你在跟凯莉·西姆科约会?
Yes. Just recently.
是的,最近开始的
Will I.. I don't mean to intrude
威尔,我不是干涉你私生活
but could you please keep your pants zipped?
但拜托你能不能裤腰带紧一点
I didn't know you were bringing her in for an interview.
我不知道你让她来应聘了
If you had invited me in for the interview.
如果你也叫我来参与面试就好了
Oh yes I'm the problem.
是啊,问题在我
The only reason we're interviewing anyone at all
说到底我们要面试别人的原因
is because you vetoed Cary.
还不是因为你否决了凯里
She's good isn't she?
她很不错,是吧
Callie.
凯莉
Yes. Howard liked her.
是的,霍华德喜欢她
She wanted men on her deserted island.
她要带着男人上荒岛
Okay let me figure something out.
好吧,让我先琢磨下
See?
看见没
They really don't include you in the group.
他们根本不让你参与决策
They're using you.
他们在利用你
So um...
那,
what do I do?
我该怎么办
Well Julius Cain and I would like you
我和朱利叶斯·凯恩希望你
to join us in voting Will out.
跟我们一起投票让威尔下台
I'm embarrassed to say I used to be a heavy smoker.
这个说来不好意思,我曾是个老烟枪
I'm embarrassed to say... I still am.
这个说来不好意思,我现在仍是
You're kidding Your Honor.
您开玩笑吧,法官阁下
You're killing yourself.
您这可是自杀
Yeah I know. My wife says she's kicking me out unless I quit.
我知道,我妻子说我不戒烟就赶我出去
Have you tried the patch?
您试过戒烟贴吗
No but I will.
没有,但我会试试的
Anyway you were the jury foreman? Yes.
总之,你是当时的首席陪审员? 是的,
And I was one of the last holdouts for not guilty.
而且我是最后几个坚持无罪的人中的一个
But you changed your vote to guilty?
但你后来改投有罪了吗
I'm sorry Your Honor. Do you mind if I take over? Please.
抱歉,法官阁下,介意我来问吗,请便,
Yes. Once I voted guilty we were unanimous.
是的,我一投有罪,我们就达成一致意见了
And why did you change your vote?
你为什么会改变主意
There was this smoking area
当时有个吸烟区
a little courtyard outside the jury room
就是陪审团室外面的一个小院子
and I saw some evidence there during our last lunch break.
最后一次午休的时候我在那里看到了某个证据
First I thought it was left there accidentally.
一开始我以为那证据是不小心被忘在那里的
And what was that evidence?
是什么证据
Photos of the husband
是死者丈夫的照片
Mr. Rooney the accused covered with blood.
被告鲁尼先生浑身是血
And this was evidence that was excluded
这证据因为会引起偏见
from the trial because it was considered prejudicial?
当时已被法庭排除了是吗
Yes I guess we weren't supposed to see it.
是的,我们本不该看到它
And why do you say that this evidence wasn't left there accidentally?
为什么你认为它并非不小心被忘在那里的
Because I saw that man the prosecutor over there
因为我看见那个人,那边那位公诉人
leaving the evidence there in the courtyard.
将证据留在院子里
Well I didn't do that. I would never do that.
我没这么做,我绝不会这么做
We could play off faulty vision.
我们可以说她看错了
The foreman used to wear glasses.
那首席陪审员曾是个近视眼
It'll be hard to undercut her.
想否决她的证词很难
Judge Wicks believed her.
威克斯法官相信她
You had a cocounsel on the case Your Honor?
办这件案时你还有个搭档是吗,法官阁下
Yes an ASA I supervised. Why?
对,是个我下属的助理检察官,怎么了
I saw a photo of him in the file somewhere.
我在某份文件上看见了他的照片
Yes that's Lloyd Bullock.
是的,那是劳埃德·布洛克
But he had nothing to do with the crime scene evidence.
但他与那犯罪现场的证据毫无关系
He was a good man. And you were balding then too in 1992?
他是个好人,1992年时你也是几乎秃顶吗,
He had nothing to do with the crime scene evidence.
他与那犯罪现场的证据毫无关系
Yes but during delibertiaons
是的,但是在陪审团合议期间
you weren't in complete control of that evidence.
那证据并非完全归你保管
No I was.
不,完全归我管
Your Honor they're saying that you leaked
法官阁下,他们说你为了让一个无辜的人被定罪
excluded evidence to the jury to win a verdict against an innocent man.
而向陪审团泄漏已排除的证据
Which you did not do right?
而你并没这么做,对吗
That's correct.
没错
Then we need to point our finger at someone else.
那我们就要把矛头指向其他人
Yes but not at someone who's innocent.
对,但是不能指向无辜的人
Well how do you know he's innocent?
你怎么知道他是无辜的
I mean this was a photo that was leaked.
被泄漏的是一张照片
You had access to it.
你能拿到
Your cocounsel had access to it.
你的搭档也能拿到
He was with me during deliberations.
合议期间他和我在一起
That's how I know that he didn't do it.
所以我知道不是他干的
During the whole deliberations? Yes.
整个合议期间都是吗,是的,
And you know that for a fact? I do.
你确定吗,我确定,
He didn't leave you once even to go to the restroom?
他一次也没离开你,连洗手间都没去过吗
Oh come on what is this the third grade?
得了吧,这是干什么,当我三年级小孩吗
I'm not naive. I know what you're doing here.
我不傻,我知道你们想做什么
You're defense attorneys.
你们是辩护律师
You poke holes in the prosecution's case
你们在公诉的论据里找漏洞
which is everything I've been disgusted by my entire life.
这是我这辈子最讨厌的行为
Playing games with the truth.
玩弄真相
And when you're back on the bench you can be disgusted again
等你坐回审判席,你可以继续讨厌
but for the moment we need to defend you
但是目前我们得为你辩护
or you won't get back on the bench.
否则你别想坐回审判席
Hey Callie.
凯莉
I'm not going to be able to make it tonight.
我今晚来不了了
Yeah I'm sorry.
是的,抱歉
Family stuff. Yeah.
家里有点事,是的
Yeah I'll talk to you.
好,回头再跟你说
What do you think?
你怎么看
Don't touch it.
别去管
It'll take care of itself.
它会自生自灭
My name is Lloyd Bullock.
我是劳埃德·布洛克
I was an ASA and His Honor Cuesta's cocounsel in 1992.
92年时我任助理检察官和奎斯特法官的搭档
Hey Richard.
你好,理查德
Lloyd.
劳埃德
And you looked nothing like you do now back then?
你如今的外观也跟当年发生了很大变化吧
Well we've all gotten older.
我们都变老了
Not all of us.
除了你
I'm sorry to be delving into this sir but your hair...
很抱歉要深究这事,先生,不过你的头发
Objection Your Honor. Relevance.
反对,法官阁下,与本案无关
No I see where Mrs. Florrick is going with this.
反对无效,我看得出福瑞克夫人的目的
You used to be bald Mr. Bullock?
你以前是秃顶的对吗,布洛克先生
Balding. Yes this is a hairweave.
近乎秃顶,没错,这些是植发
Ah very good one.
效果很好啊
Thank you. I'm in real estate now.
谢谢,我现在在做房地产
It's almost an occupational necessity.
这几乎算是本职业必需
So you used to look a bit like Judge Cuesta in 1992?
那在92年,你跟奎斯特法官长得有点像?
I guess. With glasses my hairline...
可能吧,戴上眼镜的话,我的发际线...
And you were a smoker back then in 1992 weren't you?
而且那时候你也吸烟,对吗
Yes. Not a heavy one but yes.
对,烟瘾不重,但我吸烟
And so you had access
所以,你是可以进入
to the courtyard smoking area outside the jury room?
陪审团室外的吸烟用的院子的,对吗
Well yeah it was the one smoking area.
是,那是唯一的吸烟区
And you were left in charge of all the evidence during deliberations?
在合议过程中,是你负责所有的证据管理?
No.
不是
You weren't in charge of the prosecutorial evidence?
不是你负责控方的证据管理的?
No.
不是
My mistake. But you did have access to it?
我的错,不过你确实可以接触到证据对吗
And you were to keep charge of
而且你是负责管理
admissible and inadmissible evidence?
所有被采纳和不被采纳的证据的人?
I think they are trying to suggest you left some
我觉得他们在暗示你在吸烟区留下了一些
inadmissible evidence in this smoking area to be seen by a juror.
不被采纳的证据,以便被陪审员看到
Is that what happened? No Your Honor.
是不是这样,不是,法官阁下,
No further questions.
我没有问题了
Yeah well I have a few.
我有问题
Mr. Bullock did you go out into that courtyard during deliberations?
布洛克先生,在合议阶段你有没有进入那个院子
No Your Honor. Where were you during deliberations?
没有,法官阁下,那你当时在哪里,
With Mr. Cuesta.
跟奎斯特先生在一起
We were together the whole time.
我们一直都呆在一起
That true Judge?
真的吗,法官
Objection. Judge Cuesta isn't on the stand Your Honor.
反对,奎斯特法官不是证人,法官阁下
Yes and if this were a trial and not a Court of Inquiry
没错,如果这是审判而不是调查法庭
I wouldn't be doing this but I am doing this.
我不会这样做,但我现在要这么做
Your honor as one judge to another
法官阁下,同为法官,请回答我
was Mr. Bullock with you during deliberations
在合议阶段,布洛克先生是不是和你在一起
and therefore unable to leave this excluded evidence for a juror?
因而不可能将被排除的证据泄露给陪审员?
Yes Your Honor he was with me.
是的,法官阁下,他和我在一起
For the whole deliberations?
整个合议阶段都是吗
Yes for the whole deliberations.
是的,整个阶段
Thank you.
谢谢你
Think we can excuse this witness.
我们可以让这位证人离席了
Just a few questions.
还有几个问题
Quit while you're ahead Mr. Klinenberg.
见好就收,科林尼伯格先生
These are the checks in question from Mr. Bishop's corporation.
这就是那些毕夏普先生的公司开的支票
But this.. is a copy of an email from Will Gardner.
这是威尔·加德纳的一封电邮
You will note
你可以注意到
that it is dated three weeks prior to the first check.
上面的日期是在第一张支票发出前三个星期
"Kalinda the client asked me to have you look
"凯琳达,客户让我叫你查一下,
into matters we discussed in the meeting.
我们在会上讨论的问题
Please keep me posted.
请随时跟我汇报进度
Thanks. Will"
谢谢,威尔"
Seriously?
你逗我玩吧?
It was work that was done for LockhartGardner and as such
工作是为洛克哈特&加德纳律所做,照此
it is covered by attorneyclient privilege.
它受律师与当事人保密特权约束
If this is work done for LockhartGardner
如果这是为了洛克哈特&加德纳律所办事
then why did Lemond Bishop pay Kanda directly?
为什么莱蒙德·毕夏普会直接付款给凯琳达
That was an accounting error.
那是因为会计出错了
Mr. Bishop... Come on.
毕夏普先生... 少来这套,
Mr. Bishop's business manager
毕夏普先生的业务经理
incorrectly cut the checks to Ms. Sharma directly.
错误地将支票直接汇给了夏尔马小姐
Having done so the firm didn't want to doublebill their client
木已成舟,律所不想向客户重复收费
so they let it stand.
所以就没有再理了
You do realize I don't believe a word of this don't you?
你知道这托辞在我面前不管用的,对吧
Whatever.
算了
You tell Kalinda this isn't over.
你告诉凯琳达事情还没完
I think what we should do is push Diane out also.
我想我们应该把戴安也一起挤掉
Hmm? I mean the question is "Value added""
对吗,重点是"增值"
Who adds who doesn't right?
有用的留,没用的走,对吧
Yeah. Yeah you're right.
没错,没错,完全正确
Hey you.
你,
Coffee lid on the coffee cup.
咖啡盖要放在咖啡杯上
What are you thiinkng?
你脑子烧坏了吗
Excuse me Howard. I got to make a call.
不好意思,霍华德,我要打个电话
I think we should make our move before the summer.
我们应该在夏天到来前行动
Summer's when things slow down.
夏天会使人松懈
You know?
懂吗
I don't know Howard.
不懂,霍华德
I really don't know.
我真的一头雾水
Please just forget I said anything.
当我什么都没跟你说过
Can we just go back to us not talking? Please?
咱们回到不相往来的状态,行吗,拜托了
Excuse me. You uh Mara Stokes?
打扰你了,你是玛拉·斯托克斯吗
You prosecution or defense?
你是代表控方还是辩方的
I'm sorry?
你的意思是?
When I heard that Cuesta's head was on the chopping block
当我得知奎斯特的头在砧板上时
I figured one of you would come looking his investigator up.
就知道控方或者辩方会来找他的调查员问话
Plus this place doesn't get too many customers like you.
还有,这地方不太有你这种客人光顾
Then maybe you could help me.
那也许你能帮我这个忙
Did Cuesta bend the rules to get a conviction on Patrick Rooney?
奎斯特有没有为了将派翠克·鲁尼入罪而做越界的事
Straight shooter.
单刀直入
I like your M.O.
我喜欢你的风格
Kalinda.
我叫凯琳达
Well Kalinda
好吧,凯琳达
Richard Cuesta fancied himself a true public servant
理查德·奎斯特把他自己视为人民公仆
and he was gonna nail Patrick Rooney
无论遇见什么困难
come hell or high water.
他都会摆平派翠克·鲁尼
And did hell or high water ever come?
那他遇见什么困难了吗
May have.
可能有
If you're like me
如果你像我一样的话
you have access to the state's attorney evidence locker right?
你可以打开州检办的证据柜,对吗
Yeah.
是的
Well there's something that never... quiet...
有些东西
sat right with me.
我相当不喜欢
What is it? Well you'll find out.
是什么,你会找出答案的,
Thanks.
谢谢
Can I offer you a little life advice Kalinda.
凯琳达,可以给你提个建议吗
Sure.
当然
Get out while you can.
身后还有路的时候就退出吧
Just don't go into retail.
就是不要干零售
Four purchases all on Terri Rooney's credit card
在泰里·鲁尼死后一天
the day after her death.
她的信用卡有4笔支出
And more importantly
更重要的是
the day after Patrick Rooney was in custody.
这发生在派翠克·鲁尼被拘留后一天
Meaning Rooney probably wasn't the killer.
意味着派翠克极可能不是凶手
You never saw these?
你从没有见过这些吗
Do you have any idea how much evidence I had to sift through?
你知道我要筛选多少证据吗
Plus I was carrying a dozen other cases... Your Honor
加上我还有很多其他的案子,法官阁下,
that is not an answer.
你没有回答我的问题
It was 20 years ago okay?
那时20年前的事,好吧
I don't remember.
我记不得了
I do not... recall seeing this evidence.
我不记得是否看到这个证据
You used to carry a big case load.
你过去要处理很多案子
Would you review every piece of evidence on every case?
每件案子的每个证据都是你亲自检查的吗
That depended on how busy I was
那取决于我有多忙
So what would you do with the evidence you couldn't review?
那你怎么处理那些你没有检查的证据
I'd farm it out. To your cocounsel?
转交给别人处理,比如说你的搭档?
No.
不能推给他
I have to draw a line somewhere. Really?
我必须有底线,真的吗,
And this is where you choose to draw it?
你决定把底线划在这儿?
Yes. You had prosecutorial blinders on.
是的,公诉人的角色,蒙蔽了你的双眼,
You saw these photos of a mutilated wife
你看见被残害的女人的照片
and you wanted to put someone away.
你希望有人为此负责,被关进监狱
That makes you focus on the evidence that helped
因此你只专注于对你的控诉有利的证据
and ignore the evidence that hurt.
忽视了不利于这个结论的证据
Well then... I'm guilty.
那我就认罪
Your Honor if you farmed out the review
法官阁下,如果你把证据审核工作
of this evidence to Lloyd Bullock
分配给劳埃德·布洛克
and he didn't inform you of it
但他没有把情况知照你
then this really is his fault not yours.
那这就是他的错,而不是你的
Do you think there's a hell?
你认为有地狱吗
No.
没有
I don't either.
我也觉得没有
But then I meet lawyers
在和律师打交道之后
and I change my mind.
我改变了看法
Callie.
凯莉
I thought we were gonna...
我以为我们...
I didn't take the job.
我没有接受那份工作
I just called Diane and told her.
我打电话告诉戴安了
You didn't take the job? Nope.
你拒绝这份工作? 是的,
Look I feel like I need to be very clear here.
我觉得我得把事情讲清楚
I never asked you... Oh Will just be quiet.
我从没有让你... 威尔,不要说话,
You think it's about you?
你觉得这是因为你吗
Men always think it's about them.
男人总是觉得事情与自己有关
I got a better offer
我得到了更好的工作
Bonnie Abrams & O'Connell.
邦妮,艾布勒姆斯&奥康内尔律所
They're gonna make me junior partner.
他们让我当初级合伙人
Plus it's closer to my apartment.
而且,离我的公寓也更近
I have baggage.
我是个有包袱的人
Well let's see it.
那咱们来看看你的包袱吧
Come on.
来吧
You'll see it soon enough.
保证你很快就会见到
Oh yeah?
是吗
Promises promises.
总有各种保证
This is... this is very generous.
你们非常大方
We think the salary is befitting our first choice.
你是我们的第一人选,我们认为这份薪水很合适
This is where you grew up Cary.
这是你成长的地方,凯里
We'd love to have you come home.
很高兴你能重新回来
I'd be honored.
我很荣幸能回来工作
Oh we're gonna need you to hit the ground sprinting
我们需要你马上投入工作
we're stretched pretty thin right now.
我们现在过度超负荷运作了
Load me up.
交给我吧
Oh I'm needed in court.
我要上庭了
Welcome back Cary.
欢迎回来,凯里
Thank you.
谢谢
Yeah. Look the only way this is gonna work
你回来工作
is if we start with a clean slate.
我们必须既往不咎
So I hereby declare any unresolved issues
我现在宣布我们之前
between us...
未解开的过节
officially resolved.
正式结束
Thank you.
谢谢
I'll get you an office lined up.
我会给你准备办公室
And given your experience as Deputy A.S.A.
鉴于你有担任州副检察官的经验
we'd like you to take on some managerial responsibilities.
我们想让你承担一些管理职责
Personnel related if you're game.
人事方面的工作,如果你愿意
Yeah sure. What is it?
当然,是什么
We need a slush fund.
我们需要行贿基金
Slush fund. Yeah.
行贿基金,是的,
For uh discretionary expenses. You know.
用来支付自由开支
Getting clients laid.
为顾客招妓
This isn't my first lousy economy.
我不是第一次遇上国家经济危机了
That's a surefire way
这是保住生意的
to keep business from walking out that door.
不二法门
Excuse me.
不好意思
Hey. So you're back.
你回来了
I am.
是的
It's gonna be OK for you?
你不会有问题吧
Why wouldn't it?
怎么会有问题呢
Um I'm going for a drink later with some of the thirdyears.
我准备和几个三年级律师出去喝一杯
You want to meet us?
一起去吧?
I don't know. I...
我不知道,我...
I have a lot on... At Brando's.
还有很多事情... 在布兰多斯,
But thanks. Um maybe next time.
还是算了,下次吧
Nope.
没有
Never seen those credit card receipts before in my life.
这辈子都没见过这些信用卡收据
There are four receipts from Ms. Rooney's credit card
鲁尼太太有四张信用卡收据
all after Patrick Rooney was in custody.
均出自派翠克·鲁尼收监之后
I can understand missing one but four?
漏掉一张我能理解,但四张都漏了?
Objection. Asked and answered. Withdrawn.
反对,自问自答,我收回,
Was one of the tasks delegated to you by my client
我的当事人是否把整理案中
the compiling of all financial information in this case? Yes.
所有财务类信息的任务交给了你,是的,
So all the credit card receipts
就是说所有的信用卡收据
would have to cross your desk first
必然先由你经手
and then it would be your responsibility
之后也是由你负责
to alert ASA Cuesta?
告知当时的助理检察官奎斯塔?
If they had been discovered.
如果这些收据被发现了的话
And if they had yes
是,如果当时我发现了
I would have turned them over to Richard.
我会把它们交给理查德
You were injured in a car accident earlier in the year?
那年早些时候你在一场车祸中受伤了是吗
New Year's? Yes. So?
新年的时候,是的,所以呢,
In May of that year
那年五月
two months before Terri Rooney's case
泰里·鲁尼案子发生两个月前
did you register yourself at the CLR Clinic
你是否为自己在戒毒所登了记
for an addiction to hydrocodone
因为你在那场事故后的治疗期间
that you developed after that accident?
对氢可酮上了瘾
Objection. Your Honor this credit card information
反对,法官阁下,这个信用卡信息
it really incriminates the accused not Mr. Bullock.
应该说明被告有罪,而非布洛克先生
Except the accused is not the one addicted to painkillers.
但被告不是那个对止痛药上瘾的人
Which has nothing to do with the credit card receipts.
没有发现信用卡收据与此无关
Credit card receipts you didn't even know existed
这些信用卡收据在我们提交庭上之前
until we brought them to this court's attention.
你们根本不知道它们的存在
Yes which you're only doing to reassign blame.
没错,你们这么做就是为了找个替罪羊
Excuse me? Why would we do that?
不好意思,我们为什么要这么做
Why would we bring forward evidence
我们为什么提出一份
that would be damaging to us?
会害到我们自己的证据
Because you were afraid I would bring it forward
因为你们害怕我会先提出来
Oh Your Honor I'm not sure
法官阁下,我不知道
whether to be flattered or outraged
我该觉得荣幸之至还是愤怒之极
by the prosecutor's regard for our malevolence
看到公诉人把我们想得如此恶毒
and our... Okay okay. Okay.
如此... 好了,好了,
Both said your piece? Good.
双方观点都说完了吗,好的
Let's just sit on down stop posturing.
都坐下吧,不要故作姿态了
Let's just talk okay?
冷静地谈话,好吗
Mr. Bullock...
布洛克先生
were you addicted to painkillers in 1992?
你在1992年是否对止疼药上了瘾
Yes Your Honor
是的,法官阁下
I had a dependency problem but I never...
我有依赖药物的问题,但我从没...
I understand that sir.
我理解,先生
Did you mention this dependency to your cocounsel over there?
你是否向你的搭档谈及过这个问题
No.
没有
Okay.
好的
Judge Cuesta...
奎斯塔法官
did you ever see any of these credit card receipts?
你是否曾见过这些收据中的任何一张
No.
没有
And who had the responsibility for this evidence?
谁当时负责这份证据
Your Honor... Wait your turn sir.
法官阁下,没轮到你呢,先生,
I'm asking His Honor.
我在问法官阁下
Judge?
法官?
My cocounsel had the responsibility.
我的搭档对此负有责任
That is not true.
这不是真的
Thank you Mr. Bullock.
谢谢你,布洛克先生
Okay.
好吧
You may step down sir.
你可以下去了,先生
I have no more questions.
我没有问题了
To Cary Agos.
致凯里·艾格斯
Welcome back to the dark side.
欢迎回到黑暗这边
To the dark side!
致黑暗这边
And to Alicia Florrick
也致艾丽西娅·福瑞克
who got a judge off today.
她今天为一名法官脱罪了
Correction
更正
got a judge out of the penalty box today.
是把法官从受罚席上弄了下来
Congratulations!
恭喜
You're running with the pack these days.
你融合地很好
What?
什么
You are doing well.
你做得不错
You're light.
没有心理负担
Oh I don't know Cary.
我不知道,凯里
Sometimes I get it I get the law
有些时候我明白,明白法律
I get what I'm doing here
我知道我在做什么
and then there are moments where I think "What the...
但有些时刻我却会想,"我他...
what am I doing?"
我到底在干什么"
Um... you're helping people.
你在帮助别人啊
A judge like today?
比如说今天的这位法官吗
Wasn't he innocent?
他不是无辜的吗
Does it matter?
重要吗
Alicia...
艾丽西娅
I went away for two years
我离开了这儿两年
now I'm back
现在我回来了
and I haven't learned a thing.
却什么都没学到
Two years of my life gone
我生命中的两年就这样没有了
and I'm just as stupid as I... I was when I left law school.
我还是和离开法学院的时候一样傻
Oh it's okay.
这没什么
What is there to learn?
有什么好学的呢
That people lie.
有一课,是人都说谎
And the people who judge they lie the most.
而那些裁定别人的人,说的谎最多
What?
怎么了
I'm here cheating with you.
我在和你搞外遇哦
Would you excuse me?
失陪一下

重点单词   查看全部解释    
peel [pi:l]

想一想再看

n. 果皮
vt. 削皮,剥落
vi

 
honorable ['ɔnərəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 光荣的,可敬的,尊敬的
=honou

 
shattered ['ʃætəd]

想一想再看

adj. 破碎的;极度疲劳的 v. 打碎;削弱;使心烦意

 
courageous [kə'reidʒəs]

想一想再看

adj. 勇敢的

 
reside [ri'zaid]

想一想再看

vi. 居留,属于

联想记忆
respected [ri'spektid]

想一想再看

adj. 受尊敬的 v. 尊敬;重视(respect的过

 
speculation [.spekju'leiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 沉思,推测,投机

联想记忆
foundation [faun'deiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 基础,根据,建立
n. 粉底霜,基

联想记忆
candy ['kændi]

想一想再看

n. 糖果
vt. 用糖煮,使结晶为砂糖

 
voting ['vəutiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 投票 动词vote的现在分词形式

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。