手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《傲骨贤妻》 > 傲骨贤妻第三季 > 正文

傲骨贤妻第三季(MP3+中英字幕):第17集 这年头很不适合抱有理想

来源:可可英语 编辑:clover   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

And that's just the beginning.

这还只是个开头
At Herald Equity
在先驱资产集团
we've seen a 31% rise in biotechnology.
我们实现了生物科技股票31%的增值
And a 52% rise in holographic imaging.
以及全息成像技术52%的增值
Thank you stock holders
感谢各位股东
for helping Herald Equity look to the future.
携手先驱资产集团展望未来
Now let's give a big hand to
下面请把掌声献给
the board of directors of Herald Equity.
先驱资产集团的董事会
This isn't about morals. It's about money.
这不是道德问题,是钱的问题
He'll try to make it about your backstory.
他想要扯上你的前科
He needs to go there
他必须这么做
because he can't stand on his record as a CEO.
因为他CEO做得太差了
The bastard.
狗娘养的
But you stay calm. Keep your voice low.
但你要保持冷静,声音要压低
He gets you to raise your voice or lose your cool he wins.
他要是引得你提高调门,或失去冷静,他就赢了
And if he asks me about killing my wife?
万一他问我谋杀妻子的事情呢
Well there's no "If." He will ask you.
不是万一,他肯定会问的
That's his only play.
他就这一招
I was asking my legal consultant.
我是在问我的法律顾问
Mrs. Florrick?
福瑞克夫人?
Say you didn't. It's the truth isn't it?
说你是清白的,这就是事实,对吧
It is.
没错
Thank you.
谢谢
You're trying to take back the company that was stolen from you.
你要夺回被窃走的公司
This is about the 30% decline
自从杰罗德·德烈夏接手后
in stock price since Gerald Drescher took over.
股价跌了30%这才是重点
And the vote is going my way?
投票会偏向我这一边吗
We swung Brynford Mutual your way this morning.
今早我们把布林福德共同基金拉到了你这边
36000 shares. Good.
36000股,很好,
And your firm will have a five percent stake Mrs. Florrick.
你们律所能拿到5%的股票,福瑞克夫人
That must look good for you making so much money.
你肯定有面子,挣了这么多钱
Yes it does. Happy days.
没错,真开心啊
You know others may find your cynicism bracing Mrs. Florrick.
别人或许因为你的愤世嫉俗而感到振奋
I find it charming.
而我觉得这很迷人
Okay here we go. First line?
好的,这就上吧,第一句话是?
I believe in stem cells. That is our future.
我对干细胞项目深信不疑,这是我们的未来
Good!
很好
Boos? Really?
喝倒彩?搞什么
How gauche.
真没素质
Ladies and gentlemen... He's weird with you.
女士们先生们,他对你有些怪,
Yep.
是啊
...my company has been mismanaged.
我的公司没有被正确领导,
It has seen its value drop by 30%...
它的市值下跌了30%
Yeah what's wrong? We're being evicted.
什么事,我们要被驱逐了,
We're not being evicted. Here...
不是驱逐,我来说
That's what he said he said 90 days.
他就是这么说的,他说还有90天
Don't dramatize it. He said it's a condo conversion.
别夸张,他说是公寓租赁权变所有权
Wait wait what's s going ?
等等,到底什么事
Mr. Pedrono from the eighth floor
八楼的佩德罗诺先生来了
he's here to inspect the apartment
他来检查公寓
and tell us to get out in 90 days.
叫我们在90天内搬出
This is going on now?
现在正在检查吗
I can talk to her if she wants.
她愿意的话我可以和她说
Do you want to talk to him? Yeah put him on.
你要和他谈么,好,让他接,
Alicia come on.
艾丽西娅,快点
Mrs. Florrick
福瑞克夫人
I didn't want you to get the wrong impression.
我不希望你误会了
This is good news.
这是好消息
Um what's good news Mr. Pedrono?
什么好消息,佩德罗诺先生
We're giving all the tenants a chance to own and not rent.
我们给所有住户租赁权变所有权的机会
I told your husband about it a year ago.
我一年前跟你丈夫说过
You told Peter? Oh yes.
你和彼得说过? 是的,
We've had this in the works for a while.
我们进行这项工作有一阵子了
Your lease is up in 90 days
你的租约在90天后期满
and we're giving you a chance to purchase.
我们现在给你一个机会买下这所公寓
Um so we're being threatened with eviction?
你是在以驱逐威胁我们吗
No you're being given the chance
不,作为一名租户
of first refusal to purchase
你拥有优先购买权
as is your right as a current tenant.
买下这所公寓
Okay let's talk later today Mr. Pedrono.
好吧,我们今天晚些时候再谈,佩德罗诺先生
But for the moment please delay your inspection okay?
眼下请您推迟您的检查
If that's what you'd like.
悉听尊便
But please get back to me soon we need to know your plans.
不过请尽快联系我,我们想了解您的计划
You'll be the first person I'll call.
我会第一个告诉你的
Multitasking? Like you wouldn't believe.
多任务处理? 别用疑问语气,
So where are we on speakers?
发言者的情况了解得怎样了
Um Drescher's side has five at microphones.
德烈夏那边有5个
Yes Peter when you get this message call me back. Thanks.
彼得,收到这条消息立刻回我电话
There is something else
还有些事
I just happened to overhear Drescher's lawyer on her cell.
我刚才碰巧听见德烈夏的律师打电话
Just happened? More or less.
只是碰巧? 差不多吧,
She was celebrating because they just moved some late shares
她在庆祝最后关头为德烈夏争取到了
to Drescher's column.
一些股份
Wishful thinking? Sounded real.
是她希望如此吗,听起来已经成了,
Sounded like she has enough to beat Sweeney.
听上去她有足够的股份击败斯威尼了
36800 shares.
36800股,
Which mutual fund is in play?
这是哪家共同基金
I don't know. I thought everyone was firmed up.
我不知道啊,我以为大家都敲定了呢
Caitlin hi. Are you in the war room?
凯特琳,你在作战室吗
Yes. Is Diane there?
对,戴安在吗,
No she went out about an hour ago.
没有,她一个小时前出去了
Who do we have with 36800 shares?
我们哪个支持者有36800股
Uh let me check. Uh It's Alicia.
我查查看,是艾丽西娅
Which of the mutual funds has 36800 votes?
哪家共同基金有36800票
We're checking. It doesn't sound familiar.
我们正在查,不过都不熟悉
It doesn't does it? Is Will there?
还真是啊,威尔在吗
Yes in his office.
对,在他办公室
Well this used to be his case
这以前是他的案子
so see if that number rings a bell.
看看他记不记得这个数字
Okay he's in with somebody. Well interrupt him.
他在和人谈话呢,打断他,
We have ten minutes till the vote.
离投票只有十分钟了
You're suspended for six months Will.
你被禁止执业六个月,威尔
This is serious business. I'm not saying it's not.
这事很严肃,我又没说不是,
But I'm more than a lawyer. I run a business here.
但我不只是一个律师,我在这有生意
Which is why the disciplinary board is
所以纪律委员会才允许
allowing you to be here in your office
你跑到你的办公室来
but that's all. Then tell me the rules..
但是仅此而已,那就把规则说清楚,
If you want there to be no crossover
如果你不希望我越界
then tell me what I can't... I'm sorry Mr. Gardner
那就把规则说清楚,抱歉,加德纳先生,
Alicia said she needs an answer right now.
艾丽西娅有件事现在就要问
What's wrong? She's at the proxy fight.
什么事,她在进行代理权争夺,
They're worried 36800 shares have switched sides
他们正忧心有36800股的票临阵易帜了
and they don't know which ones.
但却不知道是谁的
Okay here we go Lionel.
这就来了,莱昂内尔
Does my suspension prevent me from answering that question?
我停止执业期间能回答这个问题吗
Well does the question have to do with
这个问题和律所的法律事务相关
the legal side of Lockhart/ Gardner or the business side?
还是和商业事务相关?
Mr. Sweeney is a client we represent
我们既代理斯威尼先生的刑诉案件
both criminally and financially.
也代理他的商务往来
But at the moment we've been asked to consult on his proxy fight.
但眼下,我们正为他的代理权争夺提供咨询
Legally consult? And financially.
法律咨询吗,也有财务上的,
Caitlin.
凯特琳
We're nearing a vote. I know
我们要投票了,我知道,
Mr. Gardner is trying to figuring out whether he can answer
加德纳先生正在弄清他能不能回答
And if Caitlin rephrases the question
如果凯特琳重新组织语言
as a businessonly question?
提出一个只与商务有关的问题呢
Such as?
比如说?
How many proxy votes absent any...
有多少代理权投票...
Will you can't give her the question.
威尔,你不能直接告诉她这个问题
She has to ask the question.
得由她来问
You're kidding.
开玩笑呢吧
To advise a subordinate on a legal question
对下属的一个法律问题提供建议
is to offer legal advice.
就是提供法律意见
Okay then we just sit here.
好,那我们就这么坐着
How about Mr. Gold? Yes.
戈德先生可以吗,对,
Part of our firm is Mr. Gold's crisis management.
戈德先生的危机管理也是律所业务的一部分
Can she ask me a question as to that?
她能问我关于那个的问题吗
Sure go ahead. Take your time.
没事,多想想
She can ask questions regarding the crisis management
她可以问有关危机管理的问题
but she has to formulate the questions.
但是得由她组织语言
Hold on.
等等
Mr. Gold is concerned his client will lose
戈德先生担心他的客户在代理权争夺中
the proxy fight due to the loss of 36800 votes.
会因为失去36800票而失败
Do you have any idea who they might belong to?
你知道这些票可能是谁的吗
Tenley Mutual.
坦利共同基金
Diane's leaving there now. Try her cell and you might get her.
戴安正要离开那里,打她电话也许能找到她
No thank you. We'll be in touch.
不,谢谢,保持联系
Hello Caitlin.
你好,凯特琳
Uh yes I had to switch off during the meeting.
是的,开会时我不得不关机
No we're leaving now.
没有,我们现在要走了
Hold on a minute.
等一会
Mr. Tenle.
坦利先生
Did you just lie to me?
你刚才没对我说实话?
I'm stronger for it.
我如今更加强大
I'm tougher for it.
更加坚定
And I'm ready to retake the reigns
并且准备夺回
of the company I created.
我亲手创建的公司
He said he told you a year ago.
他说他一年前就告诉你了
He's lying. I never met a Mr. Pedrono.
他撒谎,我从没见过什么佩德罗诺先生
You know what he's doing don't you?
你明白他的伎俩,对吧
Establishing a timeline. That's right.
设定时间表,对,
He needs to give fair warning
他得在赶我们出去之前
before he can enforce an eviction.
给出适当的警告
Would you sign an affidavit to that effect?
你会签一份这种效力的书面陈述吗
I will. But you should think about doing it.
我会,但你也该考虑一下
Buying.
考虑买下来
Oh I don't know.
我不知道
You like it.
你喜欢这房子
The kids like it.
孩子们也喜欢
It's a lot of debt to take on.
买房带来的债务太重了
I thought you were making the really big bucks over there.
你不是在那儿挣了很多钱吗
Yeah that's me.
是啊,没错
Okay I'll talk to you later Peter.
好,回头再谈,彼得
Oh uh hey it's Eli. We have a problem.
我是伊莱,我们有麻烦了
When don't we have a problem Eli?
我们什么时候不麻烦,伊莱
Were you just on with Alicia?
你刚才是在和艾丽西娅通话吗
Was I? Yeah why?
是啊,怎么啦
You just sounded... good together.
听上去你们,相处不错
I was standing right next to her.
我就站在她旁边
Eli stop scheming.
伊莱,别动歪脑筋了
Now what's hurting my chances to being governor today?
好了,说说今天有何对竞选州长不利的情况吧
A blog called the "Cook Countyienne."
有个叫做"库克县女士"的博客
It says the State's Attorney's office is a hotbed
上面说州检办成了
of workplace sex and that you approve of it.
办公室性爱的温床,而且得到你的赞成
And when is a blog ever wrong?
博客就是真理哦?
Peter it is specific.
彼得,这事说得很具体
It says that two ASAs had sex on your office couch three nights ago.
说三天前有两个助理检察官在你办公室沙发上做爱
Eli we can't listen to every stupid piece of gossip.
伊莱,我们不能听风就是雨
Yes but we can be responding
是的,但我们要回应
to every piece that involves you and sex.
牵扯到你和桃色绯闻的任何一条消息
We are vulnerable on sex issues Peter
性丑闻是我们的软肋,彼得
for reasons I hope I don't have to spell out.
原因就不用我细说了吧
You swore you would run a clean office. This is dirty.
你发誓说要清清白白做事,现在这事很脏
So we can get him back on our side?
那我们能把他争取回我们这边吗
They'll swing the 36800 shares to Sweeney
如果斯威尼能保证给他们一个董事会席位
if he guarantees them another seat on the board.
他们那36800股就能支持斯威尼
Oh that shouldn't be a problem. And one more thing.
那应该不成问题,还有件事,
No more drama.
不要再有戏剧性事件
That's why Drescher convinced them to peel away.
那就是德烈夏说服他们叛离的原因
Sweeney is too high maintenance.
斯威尼带来的风险太大
You're asking me to guarantee no more drama from Mr. Sweeney?
你是要我保证斯威尼再也不出戏剧性事件吗
Can you guarantee he won't kill anyone in the next five minutes?
你能保证接下来五分钟他不杀人吗
Well I think that shouldn't be a problem.
我想那应该不成问题
Okay well Tenley will call in his vote and he's in our camp.
好,坦利会改变他的投票,他会站在我们阵营
How's Sweeney doing?
斯威尼表现如何?
First of all thank you for that question.
首先,感谢你的提问
Or should I thank your boss Mr. Drescher
或者该谢谢你老板德烈夏先生
for the question he asked you to ask?
感谢他让你提出这个问题
He's very good at this. If I had stock I might even vote for him.
他精于此道,我要是有股份,我可能都会投他
Good. And good job Alicia.
好,干得好,艾丽西娅
I know how hard this Sweeney business is on you.
我知道斯威尼的业务对你来说不容易
Oh I'm fine. But thank you.
我还好,不过谢谢你
In fact Diane um
其实,戴安
can we talk sometime about things?
有时间我们能谈谈吗
Well that sounds ominous.
听起来不妙
Oh no I just I mean salary.
不是,我是说薪水
I hate discussing this but I thought being on the partner track...
我不愿谈这事,但既然要往合伙人方向发展...
Well we'll talk about it.
好,我们回头再谈
Let's just get Sweeney in as CEO
先把斯威尼扶上CEO的位置
and then we can talk about a raise.
我们就谈加薪的事
Okay? Okay. Thanks Diane.
好吗,好的,谢谢,戴安,
Hi I'm Isobel Swift.
你好,我是伊索贝尔·斯威夫特
I work here as a contractor in executive event planning.
我在这里做过执行活动策划的工作
Do you recognize me Mr. Sweeney?
你认得我吗,斯威尼先生?
Um no I'mI'm sorry. Who are you?
不认得,抱歉,你是谁
Uhoh. Uhoh? Why uhoh?
完蛋,完蛋?怎么完蛋
Drama.
戏剧性事件来了
The woman you sexually harassed when you hired me
被你雇用时遭你性骚扰的女人
and who you threatened to fire when I wouldn't sleep with you.
拒绝跟你上床时被你威胁解雇的人
And the women who intends to sue you
将因性骚扰
and Herald Equity for sexual harassment.
而起诉你和先驱资产集团的女人
Young woman
年轻女子
you know for a fact that's not true.
你知道这不是真的
Then how do you explain this?
那你如何解释这个?
Meet your son Mr. Sweeney.
见见你儿子吧,斯威尼先生
The ninth floor northfacing.
9楼,北向
That's some of our best views.
视线一流
I understand Mr. Pedrono. How much are we talking?
我知道,佩德罗诺先生,价格呢
For your four bedroom?
你四居室的价格?
It's three bedroom and a bonus.
是三居室和一点附带
Your threeandahalf bedroom it's $1.2 million.
你的三个半居室,120万美元
But remember you can get great financing.
不过记住,付款方案非常棒
And that's everything in? What do you mean?
这就是全部吗,什么意思,
I mean I know when these tenantconversions go condo
我是说,我知道租户转业主时
they sometimes have addons.
有时会有附加条件
Well you'll have to purchase the parking space.
你得买停车位
And there will be a monthly charge for the association fees.
还有每月要交一笔物业费
And that'll run me...?
那会花我多少钱?
$35000 for the parking
停车位是3万5千,
and 2000 a month for the association.
物业费是每月2000
Thank you. I'll get back to you.
谢谢,我会回电给你
We lost the proxy vote
我们代理权争夺战失败了
but we've applied for an immediate injunction
但我们已经申请
against the vote results. Unfortunately...
对表决结果的即时禁令,不幸的是
There seems to be a narrative of unfortunately's.
似乎总有一股"不幸"的腔调
Yes. Unfortunately we are up against a deadline.
是的,不幸的是,截止日期快到了
Mr. Sweeney lost the proxy fight
斯威尼先生代理权之战落败
so the law requires he liquidate
他依法应在72小时内
his shares in 72 hours.
出售他的股份
So we have 72 hours to win an injunction? Yes.
所以我们要在72小时内赢取禁令? 是的,
And we must prove two things in court.
在法庭上我们要证明两件事
One Isobel Swift's accusations are a lie.
一件是,伊索贝尔·斯威夫特的指控是个谎言
That the paternity is a lie?
证明他不是孩子的父亲?
No the sexual harassment is a lie.
不,证明性骚扰是个谎言
And the only proof of harassment is paternity
而性骚扰的唯一证据就是他是孩子父亲
so I'm applying for an immediate paternity test.
所以我申请立即进行亲子鉴定
Go ahead Caitlin.
继续,凯特琳
And second we have to prove this accusation
第二件事,我们得证明这个指控
was intended to throw the proxy vote.
意在影响代理权投票
If Drescher is behind Isobel's lies
如果德烈夏是伊索贝尔谎言的幕后主使
then Mr. Sweeney will get a revote
那么斯威尼先生将可以重选
and Drescher will be precluded from running.
德烈夏则会被从竞选名单排除
So you need to prove a connection
所以你得证明
between Isobel and Drescher?
伊索贝尔和德烈夏有联系
Yes. I am going to court today.
是的,我今天去上庭
Actually you're going to court today aren't you Alicia?
是你今天要去上庭吧,艾丽西娅
Yes Caitlin and I.
是的,凯特琳和我
Good. And everybody knows the rules
好,每个人都知道
regarding Will's suspension.
有关威尔停止执业的规则了
You can't talk to me about specific legal cases.
你们不能跟我讨论具体的案子
But you can confer with me on issues dealing with Eli's business.
但你们可以跟我协商有关伊莱业务的事情
When in doubt talk to me about
如果有疑问,就跟我谈
what can be discussed with Will and what cannot.
看什么可以和威尔讨论,什么不能
So what does Mr. Sweeney say about this woman?
斯威尼先生是怎么说这个女人的
He didn't touch her. He hired her. But that's all.
他没碰过她,只是雇了她,仅此而已
And we believe him?
我们相信他吗
Well the timing of Isobel's accusations seem suspicious.
伊索贝尔提出指控的时间点显得很可疑
So guardedly yes.
所以,谨慎地说,是的
Good so let's get moving.
很好,那大家行动吧
Thank you.
谢谢
You're on it right?
你在查了,对吧
Finding a connection between Drescher and Isobel?
找出德烈夏和伊索贝尔之间的联系?
Yep.
没错
Alicia. Yeah?
艾丽西娅,怎么,
Watch out for that one.
当心点那个人
I know but I'm tired of being paranoid.
我知道,但我厌倦了疑神疑鬼
She's just hungry. Like a piranha.
她就是急功近利,像条食人鱼,
She's hiding something.
她有事隐瞒
It's not about having sex on my couch.
重点不是在我沙发上发生性行为
It's about perception.
而是对这个问题的认识
I want you to talk to your ASAs.
我希望你们都跟自己的助理检察官谈一下
Informally.
非正式地谈一下
Four days ago who had sex in this office?
四天前,谁在这间办公室发生性关系了
Cary will coordinate.
凯里会负责协调
The rules are very clear people.
规矩很清楚,各位
No fraternization between coworkers.
同事之间禁止不正当交往
I'm not gonna let this office devolve into a frat house.
我不会让这间办公室变成兄弟会
Not gonna happen.
绝不可能
Ironic huh?
真讽刺啊
What's that?
什么意思
You investigating fraternization in the State's Attorney's office
你要调查州检办的办公室恋情
when your relationship with ASA Dana Lodge
而你和助理检察官戴娜·洛奇
might be interpreted as such.
不就是这关系吗
Do you have something you want to say Geneva?
你是要说什么吗,吉妮瓦
Just said it.
说完了
Will I admit to the odd sexual dalliance now and then?
我是否时而逢场作戏?
Course.
当然
I'm human.
我是个人
I like sex.
我喜欢性爱
Don't you Your Honor?
您不喜欢吗,法官阁下
Mr. Sweeney you enjoy being inappropriate
斯威尼先生,你喜欢不按章法
saying things intended to shock.
语出惊人
You'll find that doesn't work here.
但在这里不会有效果
I am not charmed.
我不受用
My apologies your Honor.
抱歉,法官阁下
I will be more circumspect.
我会更注意措辞
Mr. Sweeney you did not have sex
斯威尼先生,你没有和伊索贝尔·斯威夫特
with Isobel Swift did you?
发生过性关系,是吗
No. She's not to my taste. Much too obvious.
没有,她不对我的胃口,这很明显
Objection Your Honor. Sustained.
反对,法官阁下,反对有效,
But you did hire her?
但你确实雇过她?
Of course.
当然
I needed someone at Herald Equity
当生意伙伴来芝加哥时
to entertain associates when they were in town.
我得让先驱资产集团有人招待他们
A sort of Fredo but prettier.
像《教父》里弗雷多那样,但漂亮一些
What happened when Mr. Drescher replaced you as CEO?
当德烈夏先生取代你成为CEO后发生了什么事
Well when I went to prison
当我进监狱时
I cleaned house to make room for his appointments.
我替他清理了门户
I thought that was the gentlemanly thing to do.
我觉得这是君子之道
You fired Isobel?
你解雇了伊索贝尔?
Yes as part of my housecleaning.
是的,作为我清理工作的一部分
And Isobel was rehired by Mr. Drescher?
而伊索贝尔又重新被德烈夏先生雇佣了?
Uh Your Honor I'm not sure why Mrs. Florrick rewards the men
法官阁下,我不明白为什么福瑞克夫人在提问中
in her narrative with a formal honorific
对男性就尊称姓氏
but women are demoted to their Christian names.
对女性就直呼其名
Well clearly it's because I want to influence the judge somehow...
显然我是想影响法官的判断
Are you suggesting that I'm trying to influence the judge?
你意思是我想影响法官的判断吗
Thank you.
谢谢二位
Given that there was no objection
既然没人提出反对
please continue Mr. Sweeney.
请继续说,斯威尼先生
Thank you Your Honor.
谢谢您,法官阁下
Yes Mr. Drescher rehired her.
是的,德烈夏先生重新雇佣了她
I imagine he was impressed by Ms. Swift's tremendous work
我估计他是被斯威夫特女士
in softcore movies.
在色情片中出色的表演给打动了
Objection Your Honor. Relevance.
反对,法官阁下,无相关性
There's no jury Ms. Adler.
这里没有陪审团,阿德勒女士
This is an emergency injunction.
是在审查紧急禁令
I know Ms. Swift worked in softcore movies
我知道斯威夫特女士转行之前
before she changed careers.
拍过色情电影
Overruled. I myself was impressed by her
反对无效,我个人就被她,
tremendous skills in this area
在这一领域的出色技巧深深吸引
especially with one particular film
尤其是在其中一部影片里
where she...
她...
But of course
但是当然
I was surprised that Gerald kept her on.
我没想到杰罗德会重新雇她
Gerald is of course
当然,杰罗德
Mr. Drescher over there.
也就是那边的德烈夏先生
That's why I think she's accusing me.
我估计这也就是她起诉我的原因
Because she's angry with me...
因为她生我的气
Objection.
反对
I'll withdraw that.
这句我收回
Save everybody time.
节约大家时间
Two dinner receipts one belonging to Gerald Drescher.
两张晚饭收据,一张是德烈夏的
He's the CEO of Herald Equity.
他是先驱资产集团的CEO
And the other belonging to Isobel Swift his employee.
另一张是他的员工伊索贝尔·斯威夫特的
Both for exactly the same amount down to the penny.
两张的金额一模一样,精确到分
Meaning?
意味着什么
They both had dinner together
他们共进晚餐
split the bill in half and then expenseaccounted it.
AA制买单然后报销
And you want to know...?
你是想知道什么
How close they were.
他们的关系有多近
Did they leave together?
他们一起离开的吗
Are they...
他们有没有
Sleeping with each other?
上过床吗
Well waitresses do have the best gossip.
服务员消息最灵通
Well I've seen them together.
我见过他们在一起
They did seem pretty close.
他们看上去确实很亲密
But she's a CEO slut.
但她就是个钓凯子的荡妇
She's always hanging on the CEOs.
她总是去勾搭老总
Like that other guy.
比如另外那个人
What other guy? The one accused of murder.
哪个人,被指控谋杀那个,
Colin Sweeney? Yeah.
科林·斯威尼吗,是的,
She was here with him before he went to jail.
在他进监狱前,她和他来过这里
And you observed them together?
你见过他们在一起吗
Well if by "Together" you mean did I observe them
如果你所说的在一起是指
slip into the men's room for about 20 minutes
我是不是看见他们溜进男洗手间
and come out half undressed?
20分钟后衣冠不整地出来的话
Yes.
是的
All right. There was oral sex.
好吧,有过口交
But it was before I hired her.
但那是在我雇她之前
There wasn't sexual harassment.
并不存在性骚扰
You perjured yourself Mr. Sweeney.
你作伪证了,斯威尼先生
How do you figure?
凭什么这么说
You said you never had sex ever.
因为你说从未和她有过性关系
There was no real sex. There was oral sex.
没有真正的性关系,是口交
You didn't ask me about oral sex.
你又没问我口交的事
Oh my God.
天呐
So there was no vaginal sex is that right?
也就是说没发生阴交,是吧
Yeah. You're sure?
是的,你确定吗,
Yes.
确定
She performed oral sex on five occasions.
她为我口交过5次
Nothing special.
没什么特别的
I found her businesslike and...
我觉得她技法娴熟而且...
Okay.
好了
What are you thinking?
你怎么看
The paternity test.
亲子鉴定
It'll come back negative.
结果应该是否定的
That's right.
对的
It's as if i'm telling the truth.
等于我说的还是实话
Say a client perjured himself.
假如一个委托人做了伪证
Just any client?
泛指任何委托人吗
Yes.
是的
Because if this were a specific client
因为如果特指某个委托人
I could not legally answer.
我就不能提供法律意见
Any client.
任何委托人
And you discover after putting him on the stand he perjured himself.
你让他出庭作证后,发现他做了伪证
Without knowing it you suborned perjury?
你在不知情的情况下,让他做了伪证?
Then you can't question him further pursuant to
那根据《职业行为规范》
the Code of Professional Responsibility
你就不能再询问他了
not without knowingly suborning more perjury. Right.
不能在明知的情况下让他作伪证,没错,
But now the opposing attorney
但现在对方律师
intends to put another witness on the stand to contradict him.
打算传召另一位证人上庭反驳他
With the truth? Or another lie I don't know.
以真相反驳他? 或是谎言,我不知道,
Can I use this perjured testimony now in the record
我能利用现已记录在案的伪证
to question this opposing witness?
来盘问这位证人吗
You must represent the interests of your client.
你必须代表委托人的利益
You were not aware of the perjury when it happened.
他作伪证时,你并不知情
To not use that perjured testimony
不对伪证加以利用
would be to poorly represent your client.
意味着你没做好律师的本职
So yes you can use it.
所以,你可以利用伪证
As if it were the truth?
把它当做事实吗
No as if it's in the record as the testimony of your client.
不,把它当做已记录在案的委托人的证词
That's what I thought.
我想也是
The law is an odd thing.
法律是样奇特的事物
It is indeed.
确实
Of course you're getting legal advice from a suspended lawyer.
当然,你现在不就在听取停职律师的法律建议嘛
The only problem:
唯一的问题在于
if the opposing attorney wants to
如果对方律师想
put your client back on the stand
重新传召你的委托人上庭
your hands are tied.
你就要受约束了
I can't elicit further testimony that I know is perjured?
因为我不能对已知伪证进一步获取证言?
Yes.
是的
That'll make it one hard redirect.
这会是个棘手的二次盘问呢
So you were working that night
那晚你在工作
but you didn't go into Peter's office?
但并未进入彼得的办公室吗
No. We were working the 65th Street burglaries.
是的,我们在处理65街的入室行窃案
And you didn't go onto the executive floor?
你没来行政楼层吗
No.
是的
See here's the problem.
可问题在这儿
The log shows you accessed this floor on three occasions.
记录显示你曾三度来到行政楼层
Just tell me.
告诉我吧
Jeremy.
杰里米
We didn't do anything wrong.
我们什么都没做错
But you had sex in Peter's office?
但你在彼得办公室里发生了性行为吗
If I say "Yes" w what will happen?
如果我说是会怎么样
Peter just wants to make sure it won't happen again.
彼得只想确保下不为例
Nothing in my permanent record?
不会永久记录在案?
That's right.
当然不会
We got bigger fish to fry.
我们另有要事去做
Just tell me what happened.
只要告诉我发生什么事就行了
And so Mr. Sweeney always met you in hotel rooms?
这么说斯威尼先生总在宾馆房里和你见面
To have sex yes.
对,为了和我发生性关系
And that was on how many occasions?
这样的情况有多少次
Eight occasions.
八次
Before he wento to jail.
在他进监狱之前
While you were working at Herald Equity.
也是你在先驱资产集团工作之时
And then the last time
而在最后一次
when you resisted him you were fired?
你拒绝了他,然后被解雇了?
Yes.
对,
Thank you Ms. Swift.
谢谢你,斯威夫特女士
So Isobel...
那么,伊索贝尔...
Mr. Sweeney insists you never had sex.
斯威尼先生坚称你俩没有发生过性关系
Isn't it a fact that you're lying to us today?
你今天所说不是谎言吗
No.
不,
He testified on his whereabouts
他对你声称发生性关系那几晚的
on all the nights you claimed to have had sex.
行踪已提供了证词
Isn't it a fact? He's lying.
这难道不是事实吗,他在撒谎,
And yet this is your only argument in response?
这就是你作为回应的唯一论据吗
"He's lying."
"他在撒谎"
Yes.
是的
He sexually harassed me.
他对我性骚扰
Ms. Swift my client took this stand
斯威夫特女士,我的委托人来到庭上
and he swore to tell the truth.
宣誓说出事实
He swore he didn't touch you.
他曾发誓说没碰过你
He testified in great detail on all the...
他对你声称发生性关系那几晚的...
on all the nights you claim he was having sex with you
行踪提供了非常细致的证词
that he was somewhere else.
他当时正在别处
How is this not a classic hesaid/shesaid?
这不正是典型的公说公有理婆说婆有理吗
Because it's not.
不是的
Because... I'm telling the truth.
因为我说的是事实
And that's all you have to say?
这就是你要说的全部吗
That is why we should believe you?
我们因此就应该相信你吗
Nothing further.
我问完了
You're excused.
你可以退席了
Your Honor we'd like to recall
法官阁下,我们请求重新传唤
Mr. Sweeney to the stand.
斯威尼先生上庭
We strongly object Your Honor.
强烈反对,法官阁下
Mr. Sweeney has already testified.
斯威尼先生已作过证了
This is not a full trial.
这并不是全面庭审
We are merely asking for an emergency injunction.
我们只是在申请法庭紧急禁令
Yes and Counselor Adler
没错,而阿德勒律师
is merely requesting a simple recall of your witness.
只是想重新传召贵方证人而已
I see no reason to deny her.
我找不到拒绝的理由
We will adjourn until tomorrow.
明天再开庭
And the square footage?
面积是多大
Oh it's not what you have now but you can put up a wall
不如你现在住的大,但你可以在
and split that bedroom into two for the kids.
那间卧室里建面墙,隔成两间给孩子住
Oh any bigger kitchens?
没有大些的厨房了吗
Told you not to prejudge it.
和你说过别先预判了
You're prejudging it.
你现在就在做预判
This is really the best I can do?
这真是我供得起的最好公寓了?
In your budget range
既要在你的预算范围内
near the private school
又要离私立学校近
in a good neighborhood yes.
还要在好社区里,就只有它了
But more will come on the market this summer.
但今年夏天还会有更多的房源上市
You know what's funny?
知道有意思的事是什么吗
What? I have the perfect place for you.
什么,有一处房子很适合你,
You do? Where? A house.
真的吗,在哪里,是幢...
In fact you've seen it.
事实上你早已见过的房子
When? Oh the last time we looked?
什么时候,是我们上次看过的?
No before that.
不,在这之前
Your house.
你的房子
My...?
我的...
The people who bought your old house in Highland Park
在高地公园曾买走你旧房子的人
they're upside down on it and very very motivated.
他们还不起贷款了,非常有意向出售
No.
不,
That's what I thought.
我想也是
It's a little out of your range anyway.
反正超出了你的预算
Uh and weird.
也诡异
I mean it would be weird.
我是说,住回去会很诡异
You had 15 happy years there.
你在那里曾度过快乐的15年
Why would it be weird?
怎么会诡异呢
Because it it would.
因为就会变成这样
Maybe we're all like salmon
也许我们就像鲑鱼
just trying to swim upstream to get back to our homes again.
拼命往上游只为了再次回到我们的家中
Oh there's your cell phone again.
你又有电话来了
Diane hi.
戴安,你好
Yes.
是的
They recalled Sweeney to the stand
他们重新传唤斯威尼上庭
and the judge overruled my objection.
而法官驳回了我的反对意见
So I think we... Yes Caitlin already filled me in.
所以我想,对,凯特琳告诉我了,
I think her idea is right.
我觉得她的主意不错
Her idea?
她的主意?
Prepping Sweeney.
为斯威尼进行作证预演
You need to question him again on redirect.
你得在二次盘问中质询他
And the only way to avoid further perjury
避免更多伪证的唯一方法就是
is to prep him for it.
为他作预演
It's a tight ethical line he has to walk.
他只能去走这个道德钢丝
Yes it is.
是的
Good luck with it.
祝你好运
Have Caitlin keep me posted.
记得让凯特琳和我汇报情况
She has good instincts for a firstyear don't you think?
作为一年级律师,她有着很好的直觉
I do.
是的
So as long as it's my word against hers I'm fine right?
只要我的话总是和她的话相反,就没事了对吗
Your word is the problem here.
你说的话就是症结所在
The other lawyer will ask you
对方律师会问你一些
about things that actually happened.
真实已发生过的事
And this time you have to tell the truth. Of course.
这次你得说实话,当然,
We can't advise you for example
比如,如果斯威夫特做出一些未经证实的陈述
to dispute Ms. Swift's uncorroborated statements
而你知道它们是真实的
if you know them to be true
我们无法建议你去进行反驳
or attack Ms. Swift's credibility any chance you get.
也不建议你在任何时候去攻击她的可信度
Yes I appreciate your not advising me to do those things.
是的,很感激你不建议我这么做
I'll also be asking questions on redirect Mr. Sweeney
二次盘问中,我也会问你问题,斯威尼先生
and you need to answer me truthfully. Do you understand?
你必须真实作答,明白吗
That is the only way I can question you.
只有这样,我才能质询你
Scout's honor Mrs. Florrick.
以童子军的荣誉起誓,福瑞克夫人
Now if you'll excuse me
现在,请二位理解
I have to get my beauty rest before court.
我得在开庭前睡个美容觉去
Telling the truth is so... tiring.
说实话实在太...无聊了
This will be good for a laugh.
这会是个大笑话的
Caitlin.
凯特琳
Can I talk to you? Uh yes.
能跟你说句话吗,当然,
We haven't had much of a chance to talk. I know.
我们最近没什么机会说话,我知道,
And I want you to take what
我希望你把我下面说的话
I'm about to say as constructive advice from a mentor.
看成是师傅的建设性建议
Okay.
好的
Don't ever undercut your mentor again.
再也不要拆你师傅的台
Under... What do you mean?
拆...你在说什么
Your strategy
你的策略
was to prep Sweeney to avoid further perjury?
是帮斯威尼进行作证预演以避免进一步做假证?
Oh my God. Diane cornered me coming back from court.
哦,天呐,我从法庭回来后戴安找我谈话
She just wanted to know where we were
她想知道我们进行得如何
and I was just updating her.
而我只是向她汇报了一下进度
I don't want any explanations.
我不想听任何解释
I just want you to be proud
我只是希望你能为
of the way you conduct yourself here.
自己在这里的行为自豪
Being an associate in a law firm people judge you.
在律所里做律师,人们会评价你
The point is
关键是
all you want to be judged on is your work.
你得到的评价,应该针对你的工作
Your work.
你自己的工作
I understand. Good.
我明白,很好,
I'll see you in court.
我们庭上见
Yes these are receipts from the Evanston Tavern.
对,这些是埃文斯顿餐厅的收据
I went there often with Ms. Swift in 2008.
我2008年时经常和斯威夫特女士去那里
For what purpose?
去那里做什么
To discuss events she was planning.
讨论她在策划的活动
Given that she was an events planner.
她当时是活动策划
So these were business meetings?
所以这些都是工作会议了
Held 20 miles from your office.
餐厅距你办公室20英里远
Because you couldn't find a single restaurant
你在芝加哥找不到别的餐厅
in Chicago that had a table.
能给你提供一张桌子了吗
Not one that can make an authentic coq au vin no.
别家没有那么地道的酒烹嫩炸鸡
Mr. Sweeney isn't it true
斯威尼先生,你是否
that you and Ms. Swift repaired to the bathroom
和斯威夫特女士前往埃文斯顿餐厅的卫生间
at the Evanston Tavern to engage in oral sex?
进行了口交
Objection Your Honor. Relevance.
反对,法官阁下,与案情无关
Isn't it relevant whether Mr. Sweeney and Ms. Swift
斯威尼先生和斯威夫特女士是否进行了口交
engaged in oral sex?
与案情无关吗
Overruled.
反对无效
Mr. Sweeney please answer the question.
斯威尼先生,请你回答问题
Did I engage in oral sex with Ms. Swift?
我是否和斯威夫特女士进行了口交
No.
没有
Mr. Sweeney you realize you are under oath?
斯威尼先生,你知道你发过誓的吧
Your Honor. That'll do Ms. Adler.
法官阁下,可以了,阿德勒女士,
Nothing further Your Honor.
没有问题了,法官阁下
Just to confirm Mr. Sweeney
我想证实一下,斯威尼先生
prior to Ms. Swift's allegations
在斯威夫特女士的指控之前
no one had ever accused you of
没有人指责你
having a sexual relationship with an employee?
与员工有性关系,对吗
That is correct.
是的
And at the time no one ever accused you of having a sexual relationship
同时也没人指责你与斯威夫特女士
with Ms. Swift?
有性关系,对吗
And that is correct. Good.
是的,很好,
And I want to be clear here.
我想在这里澄清一点
Not only did I never have oral sex with that woman
我不仅从未与她有过口交
or any sex but I was suffering...
或者别的什么性关系,我当时正...
from a skin condition at the time.
被皮肤病折磨
I couldn't have had oral sex.
我不可能和任何人进行口交
Mrs. Florrick?
福瑞克夫人
Do you have anything further?
你还有问题吗
Your Honor uh...
法官阁下...
pursuant to the Code of Professional Responsibility
根据《职业行为规范》
I have no further questions at this time.
我目前没有其它问题了
Their excuses?
他们怎么辩解的呢
No excuses.
他们没有辩解
Just abject apologies.
只是可怜地道歉
Levitas is the head of the financial crimes unit
李维塔是经济犯罪科的头
and Cooper's a second year who works under him.
库珀是他手下的二年级律师
So his direct supervisor?
是他的直接主管吗
Yes. But...
对,但是...
But what?
但是什么
Disciplining two gay men
为两个同性恋之间的性关系
for having gay sex is gonna look bad.
而惩罚他们,似乎不好看
Well I'm not disciplining them for their sexual orientation
我不是为他们的性取向
or the type of sex they're having.
或性行为方式而惩罚他们
I'm disciplining them for having sex in this office.
是为他们在这间办公室发生性行为
I'm just saying.
我只是说说而已
There are rules Cary.
规矩已经定下了,凯里
And one of them is zero tolerance
其中一条就是对工作环境中的
for sexual liaisons in the workplace.
性关系绝不姑息
Especially
特别是
if you're in a supervisory position.
其中一个有主管地位
I found the connection between Drescher and Isobel.
我发现了德烈夏和伊索贝尔之间的关系
He made payments to her anonymously
他曾匿名给她付钱
from a shell company in the Caymans.
从开曼群岛一个皮包公司的账户转入的
Fantastic. Tell Diane I'm on my way.
太棒了,告诉戴安,我马上就过来
That idiot! That bastard!
那个蠢货,那个混蛋
Sweeney? What'd he do now?
斯威尼吗,他做了什么
He fathered a son.
他生了个儿子
Oh no. Oh yes.
哦不是吧,没错,
Paternity test came back. Positive.
亲子鉴定结果出来了,是他的孩子
It's Sweeney's kid.
那孩子是斯威尼的
For the last time I did not sleep with that woman.
最后一次说明,我没有跟那个女人上床
Well unfortunately the court does not recognize the
但不幸的是,法庭不会接受
doctrine of immaculate conception.
圣灵感孕的说法
Okay look.
好吧,听着
Taking you and your word which we have no reason to
我们没理由相信你和你的话
how could this happen?
这事怎么发生的
No idea.
我不知道
We never had vaginal sex.
我们从未有过阴交
I had a client who lost a paternity suit a few years back.
几年前我有个客户输了场亲子关系确认案
He claimed there was only oral sex.
他声称只发生过口交
Turns out his girlfriend had a turkey baster.
结果是,他的女朋友有个烤火鸡的浇油管
And so it devolves:
所以现在
from hopes ideals dreams
我们从希望,理想,梦想
the glory of the law to a turkey baster.
法律的荣耀,转向了烤火鸡的浇油管
Immediately after Isobel fellated you
伊索贝尔和你口交之后
what happened?
发生了什么
She repaired to the bathroom right?
她去了盥洗室,对吗
Purse in hand.
拿着手袋
She closed the door.
关上门
Emerges a few minutes later
几分钟后出来
rosy bloom on her cheeks.
脸色红润
Oh dear Lord.
我的天呐
Mazel tov Mr. Sweeney.
恭喜你,斯威尼先生
You're the proud father of 18 years of child support.
你得到了支付18年抚养费的荣耀
Can we make a fraud argument?
我们能以对方欺诈来辩护吗
Contraceptive fraud? Yes.
避孕措施欺诈吗,对,
Well it'd offset the child support.
这可以对抗抚养费请求
But Isobel will claim Mr. Sweeney's sperma was a gift.
但伊索贝尔会说斯威尼先生的精子是礼物
She could do with it as she pleased.
她可以任意支配
To get the revote
为了发起重新投票
first we had to show fraud on Isobel's part.
我们得先证明伊索贝尔这里有欺诈存在
If we can demonstrate
若我们可以证明
Mr. Drescher's knowledge of contraceptive fraud
德烈夏先生知道避孕措施欺诈的事
the court will order a new election
法庭就会裁定重新投票
and he'll be precluded from running.
而后,他会被禁止参选
Okay I'll revise the injunction...
我会修改禁令...
What the hell did you do to Caitlin?
你他妈对凯特琳做了什么
What did I...
我对...
She's resigning. She's quitting the firm.
她要辞职,她要离开律所
Why? You never wanted to hire her to begin with.
为什么,你一开始就不想雇她,
And I see the way you treat her.
我也知道你待她的方式
The jealousy. The mean girl act.
你的嫉妒心,那些刻薄女人的行径
You were supposed to mentor her not haze her.
你的职责是指导她而不是欺侮她
David I have no idea what...
大卫,我不知道
You don't make enemies. That's what you don't do.
在这里你不要树敌,不要树敌
Peter fired Jeremy.
彼得解雇了杰里米
I know.
我知道
Zero tolerance is zero tolerance.
零容忍还来真的
He fires Wendy ScottCarr.
他解雇了温迪·斯科特卡尔
He fires Jeremy.
他解雇了杰里米
He demotes Dana.
他降职了戴娜
He promotes you over Matan.
他让你升到马坦头上
He promotes you over me.
让你升到我头上
Three ASAs who had double or triple
这三个助理检察官拥有
your experience and seniority
两倍于你或三倍于你的经验和资历
And the only difference was the color of our skin.
而你和他们唯一的区别就是肤色
Go tell him.
那你去和他说
If you believe that go tell him.
如果你真那样认为,自己去跟他说
What that his bias is showing?
跟他说他表露出了偏见?
No that Dana and I were fraternizing.
不,告诉他戴娜和我有私情
That's what you want to say.
你想说的是这个
Zero tolerance right?
零容忍,不是吗
Go. No.
快去,不去,
Why not? Because I don't do that.
为什么,因为我不是这种人,
You want him to know you tell him.
你若想让他知道,你自己去说
That's right.
对啊
It's a bad economy for ideals.
这年头很不适合抱有理想
So we're moving?
我们是不是要搬家了
Well I don't know what we're doing.
目前还不知道呢
But we have to move right?
可我们不得不搬,对吧
We have to do something.
是得做出决策了
I'm looking at our options.
我正在权衡各种选择
What?
怎么了
Your realtor friend came by and dropped this off.
你的房产经纪人带来了这东西
It's not...
别乱想
She was just saying it was on the market.
她只是提到这房子正在销售
Do you see they still have the old swing there?
你看他们还保留着那老秋千
You broke your leg on that swing.
你还在这上面摔断过腿呢
That swing almost killed you.
那秋千差点要了你的命
I know just I remember Dad pushing me on it.
我知道,我还记得老爸当时还在后面推我
They painted it see.
看,他们还重新粉刷过了
I like the old color better.
我还是喜欢以前的颜色
We don't have the money.
我们钱不够
I wish we did kids but it's a lot.
我希望钱能够,可价格实在太高
Alicia Caitlin has given notice.
艾丽西娅,凯特琳说准备辞职了
Yes I've heard.
我听说了
I'm surprised.
我很惊讶
I'll stay as long as you need to finish my work.
我会呆到工作完成的
But why Caitlin?
可为什么呢,凯特琳
I... I thought you were liking it here.
我以为你很喜欢在这儿工作
I am...
的确如此
So much.
十分喜欢
I just...
只是
I got the results back two weeks ago.
两周前我刚得到结果
I'm pregnant.
我怀孕了
I'm getting married.
我要结婚了
I...
我,
Yes.
没错
Congratulations. It's wonderful news.
恭喜你,真是个好消息,
I explained how supportive the firm can be
我和她说了律所对于这种情况
in situations like these.
能给员工很大支持
We have a generous maternity leave package.
我们有很慷慨的产假制度
And child care. And several telecommuting options.
还有婴儿照料,以及多种在家办公的选择
And I really am grateful.
对此我十分感谢
Really I am. I just um...
发自内心的感谢,只是
I just uh I want to be... What?
只是我真心想当... 当什么,
A mom.
一位母亲
Thank you.
谢谢你们
Well...
那么
Yes?
怎么
You should talk to her.
你该和她去谈谈
I will.
我会的
Mr. Sweeney's sperm was not a gift.
斯威尼先生的精子不具有赠与性质
Your Honor even assuming this turkey baster fiction is true
法官阁下,即使这烤火鸡烧油管的臆断是真的
the sperm at issue was donated without expectation of return.
精子在这种情况下给予是没有期望其归还的
Ergo a gift.
因此证明具有赠与性质
Mr. Lee you're arguing contraceptive fraud.
李先生,你主张避孕欺诈
Your position is Mr. Sweeney's
你的观点是斯威尼先生的
property has been... misappropriated?
"财产"被盗用?
Your Honor does this even merit a response?
法官阁下,这简直是荒谬至极
The concept here is that if
我的观点是
the property were not put to its proper use...
要是"财产"没有被正确地使用...
Wait a minute. If we agree to call it "Property" Your Honor
等等,要是我们同意称其为"财产"
then it was abandoned property.
那它就属于被抛弃的"财产"
And whoever claims abandoned property
而取得被抛弃"财产"的人
has the right to put it to any use.
都有权依照自己的意愿使用
Okay enough.
好了,够了
I'm intrigued enough to allow plaintiff to argue contraceptive fraud.
我允许对于避孕欺诈的主张
Disgusted but intrigued.
我觉得很恶心,但是觉得有道理
Thank you Your Honor.
谢谢,法官阁下
With the caveat...
给你提个醒
...that I have heard no evidence to substantiate such a claim.
我没发现有证据能证实这么一个说法,
And the burden of proof remains with Mr. Sweeney.
举证责任在斯威尼先生这边
Then we would like to recall a witness to the stand.
那我们得重新传唤一位证人出庭
These invoices reflect payments Mr. Drescher made to you.
这些发票可以看出,德烈夏先生给过你钱
How do you explain them?
你怎么解释
Compensation.
这是补偿金
Gerald recognizes the value of a good employee.
杰罗德善于发现有价值的员工
But compensation from his shell company?
从他的皮包公司拿来的补偿金?
I didn't know where it came from. I just accepted it.
我不知道这钱从哪来,我只是收了钱
And there was no quid pro quo?
难道没有其它抵偿条件?
No...?
没有什么
No tradeoff?
没有其它交换条件?
No expectations Mr. Drescher
德烈夏先生没有希望
would receive something in return? No.
得到任何回报? 没有,
Just to clarify Isobel
说明一下,伊索贝尔
Ms. Swift your testimony
斯威夫特女士,你的证词是
is that your child is the result of consensual sex
你的孩子是你和我们当事人
between you and our client?
自愿性行为的结果?
Yes of course.
是的,没错
In February of 2008 did you take a class
在2008年的2月,你是否参加了
about artificial insemination at the Kenwood Learning Center?
在肯伍德学习中心开办的人工授精课程?
Do you need a moment ms. Swift? No.
需要想想吗,斯威夫特女士,不用,
I just needed to remember.
我只是得回忆下
Yes I did take such a class.
是的,我上过这课程
And did you ask the teacher of that class
那你有没有问过那课程老师
how long sperm could survive in a turkey baster?
精子能在烤火鸡浇油管里存活多久?
Your Honor objection. Hearsay.
反对,法官阁下,这是传闻证据
Actually the question is properly phrased.
这问题措辞很得当
If Ms. D'Arcy went further
要是达西女士更进一步
and asked for the teacher's response
询问老师的回答
that would be hearsay
那才是传闻证据
So you may answer the question.
你可以回答这个问题
I don't remember what I asked.
我不记得我问过什么了
I might have; I might not have.
也许问过,也许没问过
Nothing further Your Honor.
没有问题了,法官阁下
Ms. Swift
斯威夫特女士
for the record
郑重证明下
you never had any quid pro quo with
你从来没有和德烈夏先生有过
or tradeoffs with Mr. Drescher?
任何的交换条件?
No I never did. Thank you.
没有,我从来没有过,谢谢,
So if... And I wasn't going to say this
这么说来,我本来不想说的,
but since I'm being called a liar
可既然我已经被称为骗子了
I never asked anybody about a turkey baster.
我从来没问过关于烤火鸡浇油管的事情
Never.
从来都没有
Counselor
律师女士
anything further?
还有什么问题吗
Actually Your Honor
法官阁下
pursuant to the Code of Professional Responsibility
根据《职业行为规范》
I have no further questions.
我没有其它问题了
You did great today Caitlin.
你今天干得很好,凯特琳
Really great.
真的很棒
You don't have to be nice.
你不必刻意恭维
I'm fine.
我没事
Those are...?
这些是?
Invitations.
参加婚礼的
To the wedding.
请帖
Sorry yesterday I must've seemed crazy
对不起,我昨天要把这些藏起来
hiding them from you.
肯定看起来神经兮兮的
I was just embarrassed.
只是因为我觉得尴尬
I'm...
我...
I'm sorry if I came down on you hard before.
如果我以前对你要求苛刻的话,我深表歉意
I think I may have misinterpreted a few things.
我想我可能对一些事情理解有偏差
Office politics around here can tend to make people paranoid.
这里的办公室政治容易让人疑神疑鬼
You didn't come down hard Alicia.
艾丽西娅,你没有对我苛刻
You were great.
你很好
You're a good lawyer Caitlin.
凯特琳,你是个很棒的律师
You're smart and clever
你聪明灵活
and you handled today's questioning like a pro.
你今天的盘问相当专业
You can't give this up.
你不能放弃这些啊
If you give this up for someone
如果你为了某人而放弃这些
even someone important to you
即便是对你很重要的某个人
there's a chance you'll regret it.
你以后很可能会为此后悔的
I'm not giving it up for my fiancé.
我不是为了我的未婚夫而放弃事业的
I'm giving it up for myself.
我是为自己而放弃的
I like the law but I love my fiancé.
我喜欢法律,但我爱我的未婚夫
But you don't need to choose.
但你不必二者选其一啊
There's no reason why you can't work
工作,做妻子,当母亲
be a wife and a mother.
完全可以并行不悖啊
But I want to choose.
但是我想选择
Maybe it's different for my generation but...
可能对我的同龄人不一样,但
I don't have to prove anything.
我不必去证明什么事情
Or if I have to I don't want to.
即便我必须证明的话,我也不想
I'm in love.
我有我深爱的另一半
Thank you.
谢谢
I'm sorry I wasn't a great mentor Caitlin.
凯特琳,对不起,我不是个好师傅
You were a great mentor.
你是个好师傅
Thank you.
谢谢
This is Daddy's law firm Stanton.
这是爸爸的律师事务所,斯坦顿
Oh and these are Daddy's lawyers.
这是爸爸的律师团
Mr. Sweeney
斯威尼先生
this is... unexpected.
这,太出乎意料了
Yes well Isobel and I have reached
是的,伊索贝尔和我达成了
a sensible accommodation haven't we?
明智的和解,是吗
We have.
是的
An affidavit pursuant to which my beloved acknowledges
根据一份宣誓过的声明,我的心爱之人承认
she was impregnated by shall we say unconventional means.
她是通过非传统方式受孕的
And further acknowledges Mr. Drescher's involvement.
同时她也承认了德烈夏先生对此事的参与
Remarkable.
精彩
Yes I'm always happy to swap legal fees
把律师费换成一个上市公司2000万的股票
for a $20 million stake in a public company.
我永远乐于接受
Um so uh
呃,那么
the two of you are now...?
你们二位现在是
Raising a child.
共同抚养一个孩子
Ain't it grand?
难道这不棒吗
Uh Mr. Sweeney?
斯威尼先生
Oh I'll be right there.
我一会儿就过来
Get the elevator Stanton.
去按电梯,斯坦顿
I'm happy if you two
如果你们二位已经做好了
have reached an amicable arrangement.
和睦的安排的话,我很高兴
But... are you sure you're ready for this?
但是,你确定你对此准备妥当了吗
What being a dad?
对什么,做父亲吗
Oh sure.
当然
How hard could it be?
有什么难的呢
I'll call if I need any childrearing advice.
如果需要什么抚养孩子的建议,我会打电话来的
Come on Stanton.
走吧,斯坦顿
Daddy knows a wonderful place...
爸爸知道一个好玩的地方
Oh. We can do this later.
我们可以等会再继续
I've looked over the department records.
我已经查看了部门的记录了
Actually...
事实上
Sir per your request that I notify you of all violations
长官,你要求我
of the antifraternization policy
将一切同事间私情告知于你
and in the spirit of full disclosure...
同时我也本着充分披露的精神...
You don't need to offer me any more names okay?
你没必要给我说更多的名字了,好吗
Actually I do.
事实上,我需要说
I dated Dana Lodge.
我和戴娜·洛奇约会过
How recent was this?
多久之前的事
We ended it a few weeks ago.
我们几周前结束了
Was this before we demoted her or after?
这是在她降职之前,还是之后
After.
之后
Not good.
不好
I want to be clear that we did not have sex in your office.
但要强调,我们没有在你的办公室发生性行为
Well I'm relieved to hear that.
真欣慰听到这个
Bottom line I thought it was wrong for me to be pointing fingers
底线是,我以为如果我不揭发自己
if I wasn't going to point one at myself.
却去揭发别人,是不对的
Well I appreciate your coming forward.
我很赞赏你能主动坦白
It's brave.
这很勇敢
And it shows character.
体现了你的品格
Thank you.
谢谢
So let's just leave it at that.
那么,此事到此为止吧
At...
到... ?
Whatwhatwhat do you mean?
这...这...这是什么意思呢
Cary I don't condone what you did
凯里,我并不宽恕你的行为
but I know you.
但我了解你
And I know your heart is in the right place.
我知道你本质上用心是好的
So.... let's just leave it at that.
所以,此事到此为止吧
I'm sorry
对不起
sir you said the rules have to apply to everybody.
长官,你说过那些规则必须适用于所有人
They do. But not to me?
是的,但对我失效吗,
Does anyone else know about you and Dana? Yeah.
还有别人知道你和戴娜的事情吗,是的,
I think I need to resign.
我想我得辞职
Absolutely not.
绝对不行
Then I think I need to be placed on temporary leave.
那么我认为我需要被暂时停职
There has to be some consequence
我必须承受一些后果
or I'm going to lose respect around here
不然我在这里将威信扫地
and so are you.
你也一样
Let me...
让我
Let me think about it okay?
容我三思,行吗
Thank you.
谢谢
I don't think there's much to get.
我不认为我们有什么可以争取的
She's not very conflicted.
她内心并不矛盾
I'm not sure the glass ceiling was broken for this.
我们好像没有为此打破女性升职障碍
Actually it probably was.
实际上,恐怕已经打破了
She'll be back in 15 years.
她15年后会回到这里的
Like you.
跟你一样
No I don't think so.
不,我不这么认为
You wanted to discuss salary?
你前段时间想谈薪水的事?
I did.
是的
I do.
现在也是
Well let me gather with Will and see what we can do.
那么,我会找来威尔,然后看我们能做些什么
It might not be everything you want.
可能不会完全满足你的要求
I understand.
可以理解
Four bedrooms four baths
四间卧室,四间浴室
but it's definitely adaptable.
但是绝对可以改造

重点单词   查看全部解释    
formulate ['fɔ:mjuleit]

想一想再看

vt. 用公式表示,系统地阐述

联想记忆
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
withdraw [wið'drɔ:]

想一想再看

vt. 撤回,取回,撤退
vi. 退回,撤退,

联想记忆
gather ['gæðə]

想一想再看

v. 聚集,聚拢,集合
n. 集合,聚集

 
vulnerable ['vʌlnərəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 易受伤害的,有弱点的

联想记忆
clarify ['klærifai]

想一想再看

vt. 澄清,阐明,使 ... 明晰

联想记忆
bonus ['bəunəs]

想一想再看

n. 奖金,红利

联想记忆
strategy ['strætidʒi]

想一想再看

n. 战略,策略

 
executive [ig'zekjutiv]

想一想再看

adj. 行政的,决策的,经营的,[计算机]执行指令

 
evidence ['evidəns]

想一想再看

n. 根据,证据
v. 证实,证明

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。