手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《傲骨贤妻》 > 傲骨贤妻第三季 > 正文

傲骨贤妻第三季(MP3+中英字幕):第16集 不再是政变的末位候选人

来源:可可英语 编辑:clover   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

This was the morning of Kara Anderson's death.

这就是卡拉安德森离去的那个清晨
I guess I should have known something was wrong.
我早该注意到有些不对劲
She wanted to go sit in her room a minute.
她想要在自己的房间里呆一会
I didn't know she was saying goodbye.
我没有意识到她是在告别
I asked her about studying together
我去找她一起学习
but she wanted to be in the sun all day.
但她想要一整天都呆在屋外
This was the morning of Kara Anderson's death
这就是卡拉安德森离去的那个清晨
because she chose it.
因为她选择了这条道路
Come in.
请进
Oh you look pretty good for an outofwork loser.
你这失业的可怜虫,气色居然还不错
I'm almost done.
我快写完了
You heading straight to court? Yep.
你直接去法庭吗? 对,
So how you handling it one week in?
失业的这一周过得怎么样
I'm devastated
整个人都废了
getting up 9:00 instead of 5:00
以前5点起床,现在9点起
going to the gym instead of racing to court.
以前是赶着上法庭,现在是去体育馆
I miss the law too much.
我太怀念执业的时光了
You're not coming back are you?
你不会回来的,是吧
I haven't checked my cell phone in two hours.
我都两个小时没看过手机了
You know what that feels like?
知道这是种什么感觉吗
Well you are missed at work. I doubt that.
大家都很想你,我很怀疑,
David Lee is probably calculating
大卫·李估计正在丈量
my square footage right now.
我那拐角办公室的尺寸
Okay the disciplinary board says
好的,根据委员会的规定
I can consult on any case strategy
我可以参与
developed before my suspension.
停职之前的案子
So tell Alicia I made notes on this petition
告诉艾丽西娅我在这份诉状上做了笔记
but I can't on this one. You sure?
但我不能在这一份上写,你确定么,
That's the one she needs.
她需要的可是这一份
Those are the rules.
规定就是规定
How's she doing?
她怎么样
Oh worried.
忧心忡忡
Overwhelmed.
不知所措
Tell her Judge Serena likes women more than men anyway.
告诉她,塞林纳法官总归是更喜欢女士一些
And watch out with the client.
留心点我们的委托人
He'll talk too much and get pretentious on the stand.
作证的时候他会说得太多,满场炫耀
Will when I leave you're not going to curl up
威尔,我走的时候,你会不会
into a little ball and cry are you?
蜷成一团,悄悄哭泣?
Tears of joy and relaxation.
那是喜悦与放松的泪水
You really think you can do this for six months?
你真的认为自己能熬过这六个月吗
In a walk. Okay.
轻而易举,好吧,
Call me when you crash.
崩溃了的话打电话给我
I'm sorry.
对不起
This is hard for me and I'm...
这对我来说太不容易了,我...
I'm just a girl from Michigan.
我只是个密歇根来的小姑娘
I can't imagine what it's like for you.
我很难想象您的处境
Yeah just the thought of my daughter out there in this movie it...
光是想到我女儿被拍进了这个电影,就
But you agreed to an interview? Yes.
但是你同意接受采访了?是的,
Our daughter had just died and she...
我们女儿刚刚去世,她...
He said that this documentary
他说这部纪录片
was an attempt to keep people from committing suicide
是为了劝阻自杀的人
and it's just to make money.
其实只是为了挣钱而已
Objection. Your Honor opinion.
反对,法官阁下,意向性证据
To me Your Honor this is the whole point of the case.
法官阁下,在我看来这是整个案件的关键
This is a wrongful death suit.
这是一场过失致死的诉讼
And he sold this movie as an antisuicide documentary
他在兜售电影时宣称这部纪录片是在反对自杀
when in fact it was intended to induce and encourage suicide.
而事实上,却是在鼓励和诱导自杀
Not "In fact" Your Honor.
这可不是事实,法官阁下
In opinion.
这是她的看法
And I wish you would admonish Ms. Crozier
另外我希望您告诫克罗泽小姐
for constantly summarizing her case to the jury.
不要反复地对陪审团总结案情
This is the equivalent of advertising through repetition.
这相当于通过重复的方式向陪审团鼓吹论点
I don't even know what that means.
我都不知道你说的是什么意思
I...
我,
I'm just speaking from the heart.
我只是有感而发
Thank you very much both of you.
感谢你们二位
I take your objections to heart.
我接受你的反对意见
Legally you're on equal footing
法律上来说你们是平等的
and so I think we should continue with the testimony.
所以我们还是继续听证吧
Thank you Your Honor.
谢谢你,法官大人
We would love to continue with the testimony.
我们很愿意继续听证
He could only make notes on the past strategy.
他只能在以前的案子上做笔记
Got it.
懂了
How is he? Good.
他怎么样,不错,
Strangely good.
好得有点奇怪
He was wondering how you're doing.
他很关心你干得怎样
So when you decided to speak to him you didn't know
所以你同意接受他采访时
that he had film of your daughter committing suicide?
并不知道他有你女儿自杀的录像?
That's right. He lied to us.
没错,他骗了我们
And that would have changed your mind about the interview?
而这会改变你接受采访的决定?
Yes definitely.
是的,绝对的
We didn't want our daughter's death
我们不希望女儿的去世
to be turned into a circus.
被搞得像是马戏表演
Now I just... I have to play it again
我还是要再放一遍
just up to there.
放到那里
What is your daughter doing here?
你女儿这是在干什么
She's staring into the camera.
她在看镜头
And before this day
在此之前
had she ever expressed suicidal thoughts? No never.
她有流露出轻生的念头么,从没,
Then why did she do it?
那她为什么要这么做
Because there were cameras on that bridge.
因为这座桥上架设了摄像机
He wanted her
他希望她
or someone like her to jump
或是像她一样的人去跳桥
so that he could film it and sell his film.
这样他就能拍下来卖钱
Objection Your Honor. Calls for speculation.
反对,法官阁下,推断性证词
We will withdraw that Your Honor.
我们撤回这个提问,法官阁下
I'm sorry Frank.
抱歉,弗兰克
I know it's difficult after everything that you've been through
我知道你经历了这样的事情
not to speak from the heart
很难把这些话压在心底
but in court we do have to go by the rules.
但在法庭上,我们要守规矩
Let me ask something
我想,下面这个问题
I think Mrs. Florrick will allow me to ask.
福瑞克夫人会同意我问的
Do you see that there?
注意到这里没
Yes. And what do you see?
是的,你看到什么了,
The camera zooming in.
镜头拉近了
Which tells you what?
这意味着什么
That he was more interested in getting a good shot
他更希望拍出好镜头
than he was in saving my daughter's life.
而不是救我女儿的命
Just listen Aidan.
听着,艾登
She's going to try and draw you
她会试图把你扯进
into a conversation about filmmaking.
电影制作的讨论中
Don't go there.
别上她当
The jury won't like it if you talk about shots.
陪审团不喜欢你去讨论镜头的拍摄手法
I have to answer the questions.
我总得回答问题啊
You have to answer "Yes" Or "No."
你只要回答是或否而已
You don't have to elaborate.
没必要长篇大论
Talk about why you made the film.
谈谈你为什么要拍这部电影
Why you care about suicide.
你为什么关注自杀这个话题
Maybe we should delay the trial
我们是不是应该推迟庭审
and wait for Will to come back.
等威尔回来
Aidan listen to me.
艾登,听我说
I've worked on this case just as long as Will has.
我和威尔几乎同时开始办这桩案子
He's given the case to Alicia because he trusts her.
他把案子交给艾丽西娅是因为信任她
The judge doesn't trust her. Doesn't matter.
可法官不信任她,无所谓,
It's who the jury trusts.
关键看陪审团信任谁
That's why you need to...
所以你就...
Not get drawn into a conversation about aesthetics.
不要,被拖进审美学角度的讨论
Good. Right.
很好,说得对
Okay take a deep breath.
好了,做个深呼吸
Eli I am already tripletasked with this trial as it is.
伊莱,现在我在这案子上事情很多
I can't do any more... I'm not asking.
我不能再... 我不是请你帮忙,
This isn't about work.
不是工作上的事
It's about you and Peter.
是你和彼得的事
Eli can we do this later?
伊莱,这事能迟点说么
We're meeting with Donna Brazile this afternoon.
今天下午我们要和唐娜·巴兹莉会面
She is going to decide if Peter is the keynote speaker
她要决定彼得能否在民主党大会上
at the Democratic Convention.
作主旨发言
Really? Really.
真的吗,真的,
Hey I am a good campaign strategist.
喂,我可是个很强的竞选经理
But I need to know if you're divorcing Peter.
但我要知道你是不是打算和彼得离婚
Donna Brazile will not agree to the keynote if you are.
如果是的话,唐娜就不会同意
She won't...?
她不会?
Uh it's none of her business.
那跟她无关
David Lee says he's your divorce attorney.
大卫·李说他是你的离婚律师
Wait.
等等
David Lee said what?
大卫·李说什么?
He said that he is your divorce attorney.
他说他是你的离婚律师
Two weeks ago.
两周前说的
He said that due to attorneyclient privilege
他说,根据律师当事人保密特权
he can't say much. He can't say anything.
他不能多说,他什么也不能说,
I know. And I think you know
我知道,我想你也知道
that David Lee is not the greatest respecter of the niceties.
大卫·李可没注意到其中的微小差别
So...
所以
I just worry that if he tells me
我是担心如果他能跟我说
he'll tell more people.
也会跟其他人说
What?
干嘛
All right.
好吧
We're back to you manipulating me.
你又试图操纵我了
No. No.
不,不是
I just thought you should know
我只是觉得你应该知道
what David Lee is saying behind your back.
大卫·李在你背后都说了什么
I'm just saying
我只是说
I discussed it with the disciplinary board.
我和委员会讨论过了
Due to the fact that you are a name partner
由于你还是冠名合伙人
and therefore have business interests here
所以这里也还有你的商业利益
they have allowed you access to your office.
他们同意你可以来办公室
So come back Little Sheba.
所以回来吧,小辛巴
You hear that Diane?
你听到没,戴安
That's the sound of chapter five being finished.
那是我写完第五章的声音
A Failure of Principle: War's Impact on Supreme Court Decisions.
《原则的失败:战争对最高法院决策的影响》
It sounds like a best seller.
听起来像本畅销书
Why don't you write your magnum opus here?
你怎么不来这里完成你的巨作?
We miss you Will.
我们想你,威尔
I miss you.
我想你
Come by here.
来这吧
It's quiet here.
这很安静
It's peaceful.
很平和
Yeah I'm tempted.
是啊,我有点动心了
We'll talk.
回头再聊
Goodbye.
再见
Okay one at a time.
好吧,一个一个来
Hey Willy. Guess who.
小威,猜猜谁来了
I... What are you doing here?
我,你来这干吗呢
Making you feel better!
来安慰你啊
I heard you got fired. I didn't get fired.
听说你被炒了,我没被炒,
So I got on an airplane and I rushed out here.
所以我就搭上飞机赶紧来这了
That's what sisters do.
做姐姐的就该这样
And how long are you thinking of... Of staying?
那你打算,待多久?
Long as it takes to get you back on your feet.
待到你重振旗鼓为止
Diane do you have a minute?
戴安,有时间吗
I know. We're all under stress.
我知道,我们都压力很大
I'm looking for someone to join you in litigation. No.
我在给你的法务部物色帮手,不,
Uh well yes that's a part of it.
是,这只是其中一件事
I'm hoping to hire someone in the next two weeks.
希望能在两周内找得到人
Uh we just have to move
我们不得不行动起来
for as many continuances as we can. Yes.
以保证连续运作,是的,
And uh fortunately we haven't lost any of Will's clients.
幸运的是,我们没失去威尔的客户
Okay so that's part of it?
所以,这就是你要说的
What's the other part?
另外要说的是什么
Nature abhors a vacuum.
位子老空着不行
So does our letterhead.
咱们的信纸头衔也不能空
I want to replace Will on the letterhead
我想取代威尔在信纸上的头衔
and I want to take his office.
我还想要他的办公室
Really?
当真?
Yes.
当真
I'm taking on half his load a third of his clients.
我接了他的一半工作,三分之一的客户
And what about Will?
那威尔怎么办
Well I think it's just realistic to assume
我想更现实的想法应该是
that when he comes back he'll have to struggle
当他回来时,他得非常努力
to reclaim the respect and business of his clients.
才能赢回他那些客户的生意和尊重
So you want to be a name partner.
所以你想当冠名合伙人
I do.
是的
I think I've made that clear from the beginning.
我想我一开始就把这点说清楚了
I think this is an opportune moment to make that shift.
我认为目前是进行交接的最好时机
Caitlin how are you?
凯特琳,你过得怎么样
Hi. Good. How are you?
挺好,你呢
Good.
挺好
I think I'm going to need your help in the next few days.
接下来几天我可能需要你帮忙
Sure anything you need.
好,悉听尊便
Yes.
是的
But didn't you want the images
难道你不想这些图像
to have the beauty of your heroes?
展示出主人公美丽的一面么
Martin Scorsese.
像马丁·斯科塞斯
Right?
对吗
That's what you said in your deposition.
你取证时是这么说的
He did Hugo right?
他拍了新片《雨果》对吧
Ah I loved Hugo.
我超爱这部片子的
Yes he did do Hugo.
是的,他的确拍了《雨果》
But he also does very violent films that you love.
但他也拍了非常暴力的影片,你也很喜欢
Gang movies.
黑帮片
Yes he makes gang movies.
是的,他拍黑帮片
And isn't that what this was about?
你这片子不也是同样的主旨吗
The beauty of violence?
暴力之美?
No.
不,
Could you extrapolate?
你能具体说说吗
No.
不能
No further questions.
没有别的问题了
Aidan.
艾登
Was your cameraman zooming in on this shot
是你的摄影师当时拉近了这个镜头
instead of keeping Kara from committing suicide?
而没有去阻止卡拉自杀吗?
No. There was no cameraman.
不,没有摄影师
We just locked off a camera
我们只是装了个摄影机在那
and digitally fed it to the production office.
然后影片通过数据传送到制作办公室
Well then how is it zooming in?
那这里镜头怎么会拉近的
It's not. I did that in the editing room.
并没有拉近,我们在剪辑室里做的放大
We can digitally make it look like that to imitate a zoom.
通过数字处理,我们能使它显得像是在拉近
You didn't want Kara to commit suicide? No.
你不想要卡拉自杀,不想,
My aunt committed suicide.
我阿姨就是自杀的
I found her dead in our garage when I was eight.
我8岁时发现她死在我家车库
I know what you're going through.
我明白你的经历
That's why I wanted to make this movie.
所以我想拍这部影片
To wake people up to the warning signs
警醒人们注意到
that someone in their family might commit suicide.
家人可能自杀时的警告信号
And what did you do when you saw
当你看到传送过来的资料显示
on the digital feed someone intending to jump?
有人想轻生,你是怎么做的
I called 911 of course.
我打了911报警,当然
Objection Your Honor
反对,法官阁下
counsel has produced no record of this call.
辩方尚未提交过有关这个电话的记录
It's not in evidence.
这个没有被列入证物表
Yes Mrs. Florrick.
是的,福瑞克太太
Ms. Crozier has a good point.
克罗泽小姐说得对
Bring in proof of this 911 call
把这个911报警电话的证据带来
then you can put it in the record.
就可列在记录中了
The difficulty is the City erases all 911 calls after 30 days.
困难在于,911电话记录只保存30天
Can you get it from the 911 operator?
能从911接线员那里获得吗
Possibly but I'm not getting much cooperation
有可能,但库克县当局那边
from Cook County.
不太合作
Even Cary?
连凯里也不行
Especially Cary.
尤其是凯里
I'm not going to talk about my marriage.
我不打算谈论我的婚姻
I know but if she asks about your marriage
我明白,但如果她问及你的婚姻
just say every relationship has a few bumps
就说每段感情都不免磕磕碰碰
but you're working things out.
但你们正在想法解决
Peter do you want the keynote?
彼得,你还想作主旨发言吗
I want to not sound like an idiot.
我不想显得像个白痴
Well put it into your own words then but be vague.
好,用你自己的话说,但尽量含糊其词
I'm not gonna lie.
我不打算撒谎
It's not lying.
这不是撒谎
Aren't you working things out?
你们解决了吗
I don't know what we're doing.
我不知道我们在干吗
That's working things out.
那就是正在解决中
Mr. Florrick how are you?
福瑞克先生,你好吗
Ms. Brazile it's a pleasure. Call me Donna.
巴兹莉女士,见到你很高兴,叫我唐娜,
Donna I respect you mightily.
唐娜,久仰大名
Oh come on you do not.
行了,别客套了
I'm just a pain in the ass.
我就像是屁股上的痔疮
Well I respect pains in the ass the most.
那我最敬重痔疮一样的人物了
Speaking of Eli hello Eli.
说到伊莱,你好啊
Yes sure make me the butt of your jokes.
谢谢,就当我是笑话里面的屁股吧
So Donna
我直说了,唐娜
I want the keynote.
我要做那个演讲
What do I have to do to get it?
要怎样才能给我
Impress me.
让我信服
Why do you want it?
你为何想做演讲
I want to talk about a country that gives second chances.
我要谈谈这个给人第二次机会的国家
It gave me a second chance to do some good.
它给了我重新来过,造福社会的机会
I had to tell him I'll announce when I'm ready to.
我得告诉他,我准备好时就会宣布
Why do people not like him?
为何会大家不喜欢他
Peter? People like Peter.
彼得吗,大家都喜欢彼得
I called around to check up on him
我打过电话,询问别人的意见
no one speaks up for him.
没有人推举他
Depends on who you call. No it doesn't.
看你打给谁了,不管是谁,
I called his supporters or I thought they were his supporters.
我询问的是他的支持者,至少我认为是
Who? I'm not doing your job for you Eli.
是谁,这可是你的工作,伊莱,
Help me out.
帮我就是帮你
I want him to speak at the convention
我希望由他在会议上做演讲
but you need to get some people to support him.
但你得找到人支持他才行
Support breeds support.
这样会带来更多的支持
We should start our own music group.
我们应该成立个乐队
A brother and sister group.
姐弟二人组
You don't like being a lawyer anyway.
反正你也不喜欢当律师
What are you talking about? Yeah I do.
你瞎说什么,我喜欢
No you don't; you never did.
不,你不喜欢,从来没有
You only did it 'cause Dad wanted you to.
你从事这行只是因为老爸希望如此
I did it because it was a smart thing to do.
我当律师是因为这是明智之举
So you did it; now do something else.
好吧,你做过律师了,现在该换换了
You know I have a big firm now?
你知道我有家大型事务所吧
Now I know you guys think I'm just some schmuck in Chicago
我知道你们认为我只是芝加哥的一个蠢蛋
but I have 300 employees waiting on my word.
但我有三百个员工听我调遣
Sounds great.
听着不错
I swear I could win the Nobel Prize
我敢保证,即便我得了诺贝尔奖
and you'd still think I gave up my calling.
你还是认为我放弃了人生的追求
You didn't call Sara did you?
你没告诉萨拉吧
Sara our sister?
萨拉,我们的姐姐吗
Why would I call her? You did.
我干嘛要打给她,你真告诉她了,
I didn't. Come on Aubrey.
我没有,得了吧,奥布丽,
I got work to do around here.
我还有正事要干
She'll just boss me around.
她只会颐指气使
I did not call her.
我没打给她
Okay I did.
好吧,我打了
But I knew if I didn't
但我知道如果我没这么做
she'd kill me.
她非得杀了我
When is she arriving?
她什么时候到
Her flight in about an hour.
飞机一个小时后到
I told her you'd pick her up.
我告诉她你会去接她
Hello?
喂,
Hey it's me; I'm just checking in.
是我,我只是问问你怎么样
Hi how's it going?
你怎么样
Good. Our client did well on the stand.
不错,当事人出庭表现很好
Thanks for the advice.
谢谢你的建议
No problem. Who's that?
不客气,是谁的电话,
You've got your sweet voice on.
你的声音变得好温柔啊
Shh I do not.
嘘,我才没有
Yes you do.
你有
I um...
我...
Will I just wanted to ask...
威尔,我只是想问...
I think they're putting the editor on next.
我认为他们的下个证人是编辑
You think it's an easy objection?
他很容易被驳倒吗
Tyler v. Hasserbach. It's a cinch.
引用泰勒诉海瑟巴赫的案例,稳赢的
Okay thanks bye.
好的,谢谢,拜拜
So you edit this stuff together?
是你剪辑出成品的吗
The film? Yes uh with the director.
这部影片,是的,与导演一起,
We place the music where it is
我们加上背景音乐
and we also manipulate the images.
并对图像做了处理
So can you tell us how some of the images were manipulated?
你能告诉我们图像是怎么处理的吗
Objection Your Honor relevance?
反对,法官阁下,与本案无关
The images were manipulated to romanticize suicide.
影片被处理过,以将自杀浪漫化
Even if what Ms. Crozier is saying is true Your Honor...
即便克罗泽小姐说得对,法官阁下...
Your Honor?
法官阁下
The images were the result of Kara's suicide not the cause.
这些镜头是卡拉自杀的结果,并非原因
Tyler v. Hasserbach. Yes except
泰勒诉海瑟巴赫案,是的,不过,
for the YouTube promo put on the Internet by your client.
YouTube上你们的宣传片就不是这样了
Why don't we let this go on a bit Mrs. Florrick?
我们为何不先听听看,福瑞克夫人
Overruled.
反对无效
So during the editing did Mr. Stoddard
在剪辑中,斯托达德先生
ever voice concern about the project?
有没有对此项目表示过担心
Yes uh he was afraid
是的,他担心
there wasn't enough footage from the suicide bridge.
不能从桥上获得足够的影像
There's usually 15 suicides a year from that bridge.
一般每年有15人在那座桥上自杀
Uh he had his cameras up for nine months
他将摄影机架设了九个月
but there was only one.
但只拍到了一个
This one.
这个人吗
Yes Cynthia Caracetti.
是的,辛西娅·凯拉莘蒂
So Mr. Stoddard decided to
而后斯托达德先生决定
create a YouTube video?
制作一段YouTube视频
Yes to gain attention that's what he said.
是的,以引起关注,这是他的原话
I needed financing that's all.
我需要资金,就这么简单
So how did you manipulate the image
这个年轻女士自杀的图像
of this young woman committing suicide?
你们做了哪些处理
We digitally enhanced the sky
通过数字手段,我们加深了天空的颜色
making it softer bluer.
使其变得更柔和,更蓝
Those clouds were added and we uh
云朵是加上去的,我们还...
added some greenery to the trees.
给树木加上了树叶
I see. Is this the original image?
明白了,这是原镜头吗
Yes oh and uh we added mist to the waterfall.
是的,对了,我们还给瀑布添了水雾
Excuse me that's what filmmakers do beautify.
打断一下,但电影人都这么做,美化镜头
Mr. Stoddard that's enough please.
斯托达德先生,请注意秩序
Thank you Your Honor. Now let's discuss the music.
谢谢,法官阁下,我们谈谈音乐
How did Mr. Stoddard choose the music?
斯托达德先生是怎么选择音乐的
Aidan wanted the most romantic and sad music possible.
艾登想用最浪漫最伤感的音乐
And how many songs did you try against it?
你建议过多少首不同的歌
I don't know uh 30.
记不清了,有30首吧
We tried the Celine Dion song "My Heart Will Go On."
我们想用席琳·迪翁的《我心永恒》
But it was too expensive.
但版权太贵了
And after the YouTube video
在你们把视频
was posted on the Internet
发布到网上后
how many suicides were there?
那里发生了多少起自杀
Our cameras caught five in the next two months.
摄像机在接下来两个月拍到了五个
Come on Horton.
得了吧,霍顿
I'm not saying I did. I'm not saying I didn't.
我可没承认,也没有否认
Which means you did.
那你就是承认了
Donna Brazile called me.
唐娜·巴兹莉打给我过
I was honest.
我是实话实说
I used to like Peter but I think he's lost his way.
我以前很喜欢彼得,但他迷失了方向
How has he lost his way?
他怎么迷失方向了
He thinks he can go it on his own so be my guest.
他认为一切靠他自己就行,悉听尊便
Meaning he didn't offer you a position
你是指他没在州检察官办公室里
in the state's attorney's office.
给你留个职位
He didn't offer me anything.
他什么都没给我
It's a bad economy.
经济并不景气
I had to accept a job at a think tank.
我只能在智库混口饭
It isn't just me.
并非只有我如此
There are people that got Peter Florrick elected
很多人帮彼得·福瑞克竞选成功
and he didn't return the favor.
他却不知回报
He's trying to run a clean office Horton.
他是想清清白白做事,霍顿
He's basing hiring on merit.
以能力为雇佣标准
Well that's how you offend a friend isn't it?
你这么说真是让朋友心寒,不是吗
I guess I don't merit.
是说我能力不够吗
They call it patronage for a reason Eli.
所谓赞助并不是无偿的,伊莱
You want a favor
你需要我帮忙
you want me to praise Peter to Donna Brazile
希望我在唐娜·巴兹莉面前支持彼得
I want a job.
我需要一份工作
Mrs. Florrick?
福瑞克夫人
You needed me?
你找我吗
Yes Caitlin you know how we're all shorthanded
是的,凯特琳,你知道加德纳先生离职
around here with Mr. Gardner out
大家分担他的案子
and everyone picking up the slack?
人手有些不够
Yes how is Mr. Gardner? He's good.
加德纳先生怎么样,他很好
Um you're up on the Aidan Stoddard case?
你在参与艾登·斯托达德的案子
I am I think it's fascinating. Good.
是的,我觉得这案子很吸引人,很好
I need you in court today.
我需要你今天上庭
In what capacity?
做什么
Crossexamination.
交叉质询
Mrs. Florrick I...
福瑞克太太,我...
This will be my first time.
这是我第一次
I know.
我知道
You did well in arbitration
你在仲裁案中表现很好
and everyone needs a first time.
每个人都有第一次的
Caitlin you can do this believe me.
凯特琳,相信我,你能行
Okay if that's what you want.
好的,如果你希望的话
No I think it's a good idea.
不,我觉得这是个好主意
Is she ready for court?
她准备好出庭了吗
You don't put fruit in the refrigerator Will.
不要把水果放在冰箱里,威尔
You just buy new fruit.
要买新鲜水果
Good the key is getting the Facebook evidence in.
很好,关键是要把脸谱网上的证据用上
Good.
很好
Who was that?
谁啊
Someone from work.
工作上的人
Am I gonna recognize my kitchen when you're done Sara?
你弄完后我还认得出我的厨房吗,萨拉
I hope not.
我希望不
That's why we put coffee filters by the coffee.
所以我们要把咖啡滤纸放在咖啡机旁边
Doesn't that make sense?
这样才有道理嘛
Problem is he needs a girlfriend.
问题在于,他得有个女朋友
Did you even try to fight the suspension Will?
你有没有努力争取过免除这次停职,威尔
Did you? Wasn't something you fought.
有吗,这不是能争取来的
Where has the beer been reorganized?
啤酒都放哪儿了
I could have Roger make a call.
我可以让罗杰托托关系
Sara your husband's a port master.
萨拉,你老公是港口管理员
Will's not trying to locate a boat.
威尔又不是要给游艇找泊位
He knows people that's all I'm saying.
他认识人啊
And it's better than sitting around all day playing guitar.
怎么也比呆坐着弹吉他强吧
Maybe you should get another job.
也许你该另找份工作
You guys do know my firm has $38 million in yearly assets right?
你们知道我的律所年营业额3800万美元吗
Roger could call his friend at the Bar Association.
罗杰可以给他律师委员会的朋友打电话
He knows people.
他上面有人
You know I'm fine. I have money... Or
我很好,我有钱,或者
maybe he could refer you to someone to get another job.
他可以走走后门帮你另找个工作
I just said that.
我才说过
Why do you always take what I say and repeat ?
你怎么老是重复我说的话
It doesn'mamatter who said it; it's if it's true.
谁说的并不重要,关键这是事实
Yeah but I said it.
是啊,不过这是我说的
Ok I'm gonna go over here
好吧,我要去那里
and talk to myself..
自言自语
Wait what about a girlfriend??
慢着,女朋友呢
Why aren't you seeing someone?
你怎么不去交个女友
He is the woman on the phone.
他有,电话上的那个
Who's she? Some lawyer.
她是谁,什么律师,
It makes him u uet when we talk about it.
我们谈起的时候他会心烦
Does it Will? Who is she?
是吗,威尔,她是谁
How long are you two staying?
你们俩准备待多久
Where's your yearbook?
你的毕业纪念册呢
There were some girls in high school remember?
高中里有几个女生的,还记得吗
No he likes younger women.
不可能,他喜欢年轻女人
Your Honor not only is this facebook page irrelevant
法官阁下,这脸谱网页面不仅与本案无关
but it's a bit of a desecration of poor Kara
用在法庭上也是对可怜的卡拉的
to use it in court.
一种亵渎
Your Honor I think I need your help.
法官阁下,我想请教一下
With what Miss...?
怎么了,您是?
D'Arcy.
达希
I don't understand how this evidence pertaining
我不明白,既然这份证据
to the cause of Kara's suicide can be irrelevant
与卡拉自杀的原因有关
when that's what the plaintiff is suing us for.
而原告正是控告我们是自杀的原因
for being that cause.
那这怎么会无关
But that's not what this is.
但这不是
This is Kara's Facebook page
这是卡拉的脸谱网主页
and to make it seem...
而且看上去像...
Like her thoughts just before she died...
像她在去世之前的想法
No.
不,
That's not what I was saying.
我说的不是这个
I'm sorry I interrupted.
很抱歉,打断你了
Yes you did I'm... If I could continue...
是的,如果能继续的话
It's a desecration.
这是对死者的亵渎
Yes you said that.
是的,你说过了
Nicely done.
干得漂亮
You take the questioning.
你来提问
She doesn't like me does she?
她不喜欢我,对吧
Not one bit.
一点也不
We started going out two years ago.
我们两年前开始约会的
And you were her tutor before that?
在那之前你是她的家庭教师?
Yes and after that every Tuesday and Thursday.
是的,之后还是,每周二和周四
Now you claimed in your testimony
你在证词中说
um that...
那个...
One second.
稍等
Go right for the YouTube.
直接问YouTube的事
Sorry about that Your Honor.
我很抱歉,法官阁下
My first time in court.
我第一次上庭
Objection.
我反对
Your Honor do we really need the personal touch?
法官阁下,难道我们还需要建立私交吗
No you're right sustained.
你说的对,反对有效
Sorry about that.
抱歉
Just nervous.
就是有点紧张
You're doing fine. Thank you.
你做得很好,谢谢,
Now Derek you claimed
德里克,你提到
that Kara didn't consider suicide
卡拉在看到我客户那则
until after she saw my client's YouTube preview of the suicide.
有关自杀的预告片之前从没想过要自杀
Yeah that's right. It was right around then.
对,这就是她自杀前的事
Good.
很好
Do you recognize this?
你认识这个吗
Yes that's Kara's Facebook page.
是的,这是卡拉的脸谱网页面
Could you read the quote she posted?
你能念一下她发布的留言吗
"Down in the graveyard they're all quiet
"坟墓之中,寂静无声,
and the women have got to hold their tongues."
妇人们不再嚼舌根"
Right.
对,
What's that from?
这话引自哪里
Ethan Frome.
《伊坦·弗洛美》
Which is a novel about hopeless lovers
这是本讲述绝望的情人
who resort to suicide?
最终自杀的小说对吗
Yes. And she added this to her Facebook page
是的,她是在看过那段视频6个月之前
six months before she saw the YouTube video?
在她的脸谱网主页上写下这段话的对吗
Objection.
我反对
Your Honor is Miss D'Arcy really trying to blame a novel?
法官阁下,达希小姐是在怪罪一本小说吗
Seems to make about as much sense as blaming a video.
貌似跟怪罪一则视频差不多
Well I see both your points.
我明白你们的意思
what did she write on her Facebook page there?
她在脸谱网上又写了什么呢
"For her life which will be so much happier without me."
"在她的生命中,没有我将会更幸福"
And that's from Kurt Cobain's suicide note isn't it?
这是科特·柯本的自杀遗书,对吗
Yes.
是的
And finally
最后
this is three months before seeing the YouTube video
这是在看过视频之前3个月的留言
could you read that?
你能读一下吗
I understand.
我理解
I'll read it.
我来读
"Every time you leave me
"你每次离我而去,
you push me closer to the edge."
都是在把我往绝路上推"
And that's under a photo of you isn't it?
上面是张你的照片,对吧
She took it down right after she wrote it.
她写完之后就删掉了
Wouldn't you say that reflected suicidal tendencies?
你依然不认为那是自杀倾向吗
No she talked she always talked
不,她老是在说,她一直在说
but she didn't really want to do it until she watched his video.
但她在看过视频之前从来没有想真的自杀
She played it over and over.
她放了一遍又一遍
Just as she read Ethan Frome over and over?
正如她看了《伊坦·弗洛美》一遍又一遍?
That's not the same thing. Why isn't it?
那不是一回事,怎么说
One's a book and one's a video.
一个是书,一个是视频
I don't know. It's just different.
我不知道,就是不一样
Derek you and Kara were supposed
德里克,在她死之前
to go out the weekend before she diedweren't you?
你跟卡拉本来计划一起去度周末的,对吗
What happened? What do you mean?
发生了什么事,你是指什么
I mean you didn't go out did you? Why?
我是说你没去,对吗,为什么
I was busy. I didn't even speak to her that weekend.
我很忙,我那个周末连话都没跟她说
Because you were actually on a lastminute skiing trip
因为你在最后时刻决定跟朋友去滑雪了
with friends weren't you?
是吗
That has nothing to do with this. Nothing.
那跟这事毫无关系
She knew I was going. Really?
她知道我要去,是吗
"Every time you leave me
每次你的离去,
you push me closer to the edge."
都使我离边缘更近一步
I did not cause this.
这不是我造成的
Thank you. No further questions.
谢谢,我问完了
Wow that was amazing Caitlin.
表现相当出色,凯特琳
Thank you Ms. Lockhart.
谢谢您,洛克哈特女士
We'll have to talk.
回头我们谈谈
Then be clean. I'm not telling you how to run your office.
那就廉洁好了,我不干涉你对州检办的管理
You are telling me how to run my office
如果你要我雇一个不能胜任的人
if you're telling me to hire someone that's inadequate.
你就是在干涉我
He's not inadequate.
他怎么会不能胜任
Horton Baker is one of the best lawyers in town.
霍顿·贝克是全市最棒的律师之一
Horton Baker is a friend of mine.
霍顿·贝克是我的朋友
I told you that I wasn't hiring any friends.
我说过不会雇佣任何朋友
Do you see how crazy this is?
你明白这有多疯狂吗
Your friends get penalized your enemies get promotions.
排除同道,提拔异己
Eli we have to make a separation between what
伊莱,我们必须在各自的工作范围间
you do and what I do. I have to run this office.
划清界限,我负责管理州检办
You have to get me elected.
你负责让我当选州长
And I can't do that Peter.
这我办不到,彼得
That's why I'm coming to you. I can't do it.
这也是我来找你的原因,我办不到
You're not getting the keynote.
你得不到主旨发言的机会了
Why? I thought that was a good meeting.
怎么会,上次见面谈得不错啊
It was a good meeting.
是谈得不错
Donna Brazile likes you but your friends...
唐娜·巴兹莉喜欢你,但你那些朋友
...are speaking ill of you.
却在说你的坏话,
There's still a chance of a convention spot earlier in the week.
这周初还有一个谈话节目的机会
Prime time?
黄金时段吗
Maybe.
可能吧
You need friends Peter.
你需要朋友,彼得
You need people to call up on your behalf.
你需要有人替你说话
It's not unclean to offer patronage.
为朋友谋职不算腐败
It's the way things are done.
世道如此
It's the way things have always been done.
世道一向如此
I get it. Thanks Eli.
我明白了,谢谢,伊莱
Peter if you're not taking the governorship seriously
彼得,要是你不把竞选州长当回事
I need time to plan my future.
提前告诉我,我好早做打算
How much time?
要提前多久
All 911 calls are erased.
所以911通话记录都被清除了
After 30 days. Yes I know that.
超过30天就清除,这我知道
But your office is prosecuting a robbery
但你们州检办起诉了同一晚发生
that happened that same night.
的一起抢劫案
So the tape was preserved.
所以那份录音带保存下来了
So send a subpoena. You know the drill.
那就发传票吧,流程你懂的
You'll have it in a few weeks.
过个几周你就能拿到了
I need it today.
我今天就得要
Cary?
凯里
Cary Cary the tape?
凯里,凯里,录音带
I'll look into it.
我会找找看
I think I see a man on Glenhurst Bridge
我看见一个男人在格伦赫斯特大桥上
and he's about to jump. Please hurry.
他想跳下去,请快点来
It took them 42 minutes to send a patrol car?
他们花了42分钟才派来一辆巡逻车吗
And I discovered that it takes the police 48 minutes
而且我发现警方平均要花48分钟
on average to respond to a call.
才对一通紧急电话做出回应
And the suicide hotline phones on the bridge are out of order.
桥上的自杀救助热线电话也坏了
We can implead the City.
我们可以起诉政府
Make them our codefendants.
让他们成为我们的共同被告
And give them an incentive to move faster on the 911 call.
也好激励他们迅速回应紧急电话
Good work. Thanks.
干得好,谢谢,
One more thing.
还有件事
I've been reassigned your tax case.
你那件税务案分给我了
The one Will was handling.
威尔之前在办那件
The IRS is claiming that the businesses you reported
税务局称你申报个人收入的
receiving income from don't exist.
业务不存在
Well they're wrong.
他们搞错了
You have proof?
你有证据吗
Yeah what's up?
找我什么事
Oh I just had a question.
我有个问题想问你
Okay. I can get proof.
好的,我能找到证据,
Okay thanks.
好的,谢谢
I've been looking over my priorities for the year David
我刚回顾了自己这一年的首要任务,大卫
and I wanted to thank you for setting up my children's trusts
我想谢谢你帮我设立的子女信托基金
but I won't need any more help.
但我不再需要其他帮助了
You're dismissing me?
你想打发掉我吗
No. I've decided not to divorce.
不,我决定不离婚了
Really?
是吗
It's a bad time.
现在时机不合适
Well I can wait till it's a good time.
我可以等到时机成熟时
No thank you.
不用了,谢谢你
I've decided to go another way.
我决定维持婚姻关系
Sure. Why not?
不客气,没问题
Whatever you want.
你想怎样都行
The customer's always right huh?
顾客永远是对的
Thank you David for all your hard...
谢谢你,大卫,一直尽心
Alicia look at me.
艾丽西娅,看着我
I don't give a damn.
我无所谓的
Will is gone
威尔走了
and Diane is alone at the top.
戴安独揽大权
And that's bad?
那不好吗
That's an imbalance.
那就失衡了
This firm needs two at the top.
律所高层需要两个人分庭抗礼
Why?
为什么
Because Diane is an ideologue.
因为戴安是个理想主义者
She pursues cases that cost us money
她总是倒贴钱地去承办一些案件
because they are "Right" Not because they're worthy.
仅仅因为它们符合正义,而不是有价值
So you're looking to me
所以你想让我
to support you in a vote to replace Will?
在接替威尔人选的投票中支持你吗
Yes. And in turn I will support you.
是的,而作为回报,我将来也会支持你
In what?
在哪方面
In any way you want.
你想哪方面都行
You and David Lee don't like each other.
你和大卫·李互相看不顺眼
I don't think that has anything to do with this.
我觉得跟这事没关系
Sure you get enough votes together
当然,你拉足选票
I'll support you.
我会支持你
Good. Thank you Eli.
很好,谢谢你,伊莱
Let's just keep this between you and I okay?
这事保密,好吗
Sure.
没问题
Keep me in touch on this Julius.
这事有进展就告诉我,朱利叶斯
You want a magazine or something?
你要来本杂志什么的吗
Who was that lacrosse player you dated senior year?
你高三那年约会的那个长曲棍球选手叫什么
Jane something.
简什么的
Jane Trout? Why?
简·特劳特吗,怎么了
Just seeing what Jane Trout is up to these days.
看看简·特劳特最近怎么样了
Are you trying to find all of my exes online?
你想在网上把我所有前女友都找出来吗
Oh look she still lives in Chicago.
瞧,她还住在芝加哥
Didn't you give her your class ring?
你不是把你的班级戒指送给她了吗
I didn't give her my class ring.
我没有送给她
She stole it. She was a kleptomaniac.
她偷去的,她有盗窃癖
Why don't we look up someone for you Aubrey?
为什么不查查你的前男友呢,奥布丽
Because I'm a committed Buddhist.
因为我是虔诚的佛教徒
You are not. You're making things up.
你才不是呢,你就编吧
And since when have Buddhists been unable to date?
几时起信佛的不能约会了
See how he did that?
你看出他的招数没
He changed the conversation to me? She's right.
他往我身上转移话题,没错,
How's your job going Sara?
你的工作怎么样,萨拉
Oh no no. Here's the thing.
别来这套,这么跟你们说吧,
I'm taking a break: from the law from dating
我要休息一阵,没有法律,没有约会
from even thinking about dating.
甚至不去想关于约会的事情
I like not thinking... just for a moment.
我喜欢一阵子放空的感觉
She's cute.
这个漂亮
Go for it.
那你上啊
I promise not to tell your husband.
我保证不告诉你老公
So who was this woman on the phone?
打电话来的这个女人是谁
No idea.
不知道
Someone on the suicide case.
一个在办自杀案件的
Yes sir?
什么事,长官
Yeah uh so we need to make room for a new ASA.
我们要给一个新来的助理检察官腾个地方
I didn't know we were hiring.
我还不知道要招新人
We weren't but now we are.
之前没计划,现在开始了
We need some new blood in this place.
我们需要注入些新鲜血液
I'll put out some feelers.
我去找些人接触一下
No no no. I've already hired someone.
不,不用,我已经雇了人来
Horton Baker.
霍顿·贝克
I see.
明白了
You see?
明白什么
I see you needed to hire someone.
明白你需要雇人来
Yeah.
没错
What department?
去哪个部门
Head of felony review.
做重罪科主管
And sir do you want any consultation on any of this?
要征求一下意见吗
No I don't want any consultation.
不,我不需要什么意见
I just want you to do it.
你把这事办了就行
Okay.
好的
ASA Pine is the current head of felony review.
助理检察官派恩现在是重罪科的头
I'll have to move her out.
我得给她挪个地方
Move her out.
那就给她挪个地方
I'm on it.
这就去办
Your Honor the defense is just trying to shift blame.
法官大人,被告是想推卸责任
Yes to the guilty party.
对,推给真正的责任者
It was the City's negligence that was responsible.
这是市政府的疏忽
All we ask is that
我们要求的只是
they be made a thirdparty defendant in our suit.
他们作为第三方出庭
Because of a broken hotline phone?
因为报警电话坏了吗
And their delayed 911 response time.
还因为他们急救反应时间太长了
Here are the timelines from five separate incidents.
这是五次紧急情况的反应时间表
The City has also refused to put barriers on the bridge.
市政府还拒绝在桥上安装栅栏
They've prioritized aesthetics over saving lives.
他们更注重美观,而不是救人性命
This is just a bald attempt to force the City
他们只是想强迫市政府
to hand over a tape of Aidan's 911 call.
拿出艾登的报警电话录音
We are just trying to help Ms. Crozier
我们只是想帮助克罗泽小姐
and her clients punish the true culprits here.
和她的当事人给真正的过错方惩罚
Thank you. I think we're doing just fine on our own.
谢谢,但我们用自己的方式进行得很好
It really takes them 48 minutes?
他们真的花了48分钟才赶到吗
She's shown tremendous promise
她显示出了惊人的潜力
and you've been an exceptional mentor.
而你是个非常杰出的导师
Thank you.
谢谢
That's why I want you to be the first to know
所以我要第一个告诉你
I have decided to make Caitlin a full litigator.
我决定让凯特琳做独立诉讼律师的人
I know it's fast.
我知道这太快了
But with Will gone we need everybody to step up.
但现在威尔不在,大家要赶紧成长起来
I understand.
我明白
But you disagree?
但你不同意
I think Caitlin is good. She's very quick.
我认为凯特琳很优秀,进步很快
I think she needs some time to get comfortable.
但她需要更多时间适应
I threw you in over your head
我一股脑丢给你很多事
and you didn't take long to get comfortable.
你也没用多久就适应了
That's true.
是这样
Good. Then can I ask you a favor?
很好,那我能麻烦你件事吗
Would you mind sharing your assistant?
你是否可以暂时和她共用一下助理呢
Just until we get one?
到我们招到人就好
Sure. Great.
当然可以,太好了,
It's just for a few weeks.
只要几周时间就好
And it'll give you a chance to help supervise her.
这也可以让你更好地指导她
Thanks.
谢谢
Hello there.
你好
And David.
你好,大卫
What do you need?
有什么事吗
I have never shown an interest in management.
我从未表现过当管理者的兴趣
No you haven't.
对,确实没有
I like doing. I don't like...
我喜欢做事,不喜欢...
helping others do.
帮别人做事
But I'm stepping up
我站出来
because I think there are people
是因为我认为
who have an eye on Will's office.
有人盯上了威尔的位子
They pretend to have the firm's interests at heart
他们假装心怀律所的利益核心
but what they really want
但真正想要的
is their name on the letterhead
是成为冠名合伙人
and an equal vote with you.
并和你有同等的投票权
And you're stepping up for...?
那你站出来是为了...
Taking Will's place.
坐上威尔的位子
No David. You would hate it.
不,大卫,你会恨那个位子的
You hate people. I don't hate people.
你恨所有人,我不是恨所有人,
I hate... some people.
是恨...某些人而已
I am being selfless here.
我这么做是很无私的
Well um let me consider it.
那,让我考虑一下吧
Here's the thing.
这么说吧
When Will comes back you know I'll give up the seat.
威尔回来时,你清楚我会让出位子
I don't want the seat.
我不想要那个
So you know I'll give it up.
所以你可以相信我会放弃它
Thank you David.
谢谢你,大卫
I hear the 911 tape miraculously surfaced.
我听说报警电话录音神奇地出现了
I told you I would look into it.
我说了我会查的
Yeah. I just thought you needed a little... nudge.
知道,但我想你需要我...推动一下
Next time don't drag the City into your mess.
下次,别把市政府拉去蹚浑水
You're in a bad mood.
你情绪很差
I am.
对,
So you'll drop the request to implead?
你们得放弃诉讼要求
What's your emergency? 911
您遇到了什么状况,911.
Oh my God she's going to jump.
天呐,她要跳下去了
Who is going to jump?
谁要跳下去了
There's a girl on the Glenhurst Bridge.
格伦赫斯特桥上有个女孩
She climbed over the railing. I can't get to her.
她翻过了栏杆,我没法接近她
We're dispatching an officer now.
我们马上派警员过去
Please hurry!
请快点
Your Honor this tape has not been authenticated.
法官大人,这份录音未经鉴定
We obtained it directly from the state's attorney's office.
我们直接从州检察官办公室拿到的
Overruled.
反对无效
Your Honor we ask for a short recess.
法官大人,我们请求暂时休庭
Granted.
同意
She's scrambling.
她在做最后挣扎
You screw up a grand jury investigation
你搞砸了大陪审团调查
and I'm the one getting the demotion?
我却被降职了?
It's... it's not a demotion.
这...这不是降职
I'm being moved out of felony review.
我被调出了重罪科
That's a demotion.
这就是降职
Toto free you up more for court.
这是为了让你有更多时间出庭
Did your girlfriend put you up to this?
你女朋友让你这么干的吗
ASA Lodge is not my girlfriend
助理检察官洛奇不是我女友
and this is my decision.
而这是我个人决定
Good thing you're not the final word around here.
还好这里不是你说了算
Deputy.
副检察官
LockhartGold.
洛克哈特&戈德
Sounds almost regal doesn't it?
听起来挺高级的,不是吗
Let me just save you the energy
我还是帮你省省力气
and repeat what I've already told the others...
先重复一下我跟其他人说过的话
I... am not the others. Eli.
我可不是其他人,伊莱,
You only just became an equity partner a few months ago.
你几个月前刚成为合伙人
And Obama was only a U.S. Senator for two years
奥巴马在当选前
before he announced his candidacy.
只当了两年的国会参议员
Eli... You're going to be running the governor's campaign.
伊莱,你马上要为州长竞选奔忙了
I don't know if I am.
我不知道我是不是要忙那个了
Things are in flux.
这事最近有变动
Well I'm holding the spot for Will.
好吧,我要为威尔留住这个位置
We can outvote you.
我们可以投票赶走你
We?
你们
Me and my... fostered relationships.
我和我...培养的合作者们
So you're no longer the last kid picked for the mutiny.
所以你不再是政变的末位候选人了
Congratulations.
恭喜你
It's your choice Diane.
这是你的选择,戴安
Either you decide or...
你要做决定,或者...
you let the others decide for you.
让别人帮你做决定
Hi there.
你好
Hi. Uh...
你好,呃...
I'm looking for Will?
我来找威尔
He's in the shower.
他在洗澡呢
I'm his sister Sara. Come on in.
我是他姐姐萨拉,进来吧
And this is his younger sister Aubrey.
这位是他的妹妹奥布丽
Hi. Hello.
你好,你好,
Uh I'm Kalinda.
我叫凯琳达
Oh what a sweet name.
哦,名字真好听
Thank you.
谢谢
So it's odd.
太奇怪了
William has this whole other life we never get to glimpse.
威尔还有我们完全没见过的另一种生活
Do you work with him?
你是他的同事吗
I do.
是,
On this case he's on? The suicide case?
在办他手上的案子,那个自杀案
Yeah.
对,
Sit down. Here. We don't bite.
来,坐这,我们不会咬人
Not hard anyway.
总之,不会太用力
Can I get you anything to drink Kalinda?
凯琳达,你要喝点什么吗
A beer maybe some wine?
啤酒,或者葡萄酒,可以吗
Are you on the clock right now?
你现在赶时间吗
Kalinda. Hi.
凯琳达
William.
威廉
We were just getting better acquainted with Kalinda.
我们刚刚跟凯琳达聊了会儿
She says you're not dating.
她说你没有和别人约会
Oh. Dear God. Do you have a moment Will?
天呐,你有空吗,威尔,
Oh I'm sorry you guys probably want to talk in private.
不好意思,你们两个或许想要单独谈谈
Just ignore them.
不用理她们
Nice meeting you.
很高兴见到你
So. Family huh?
家人啊
Yeah. What's going on?
是的,发生什么事了
You need to get back to work.
你最好回公司
I'm suspended Kalinda.
我被停职了,凯琳达
There's a lot of movement.
公司最近小动作很多
Yeah. David Lee and Julius. I figured.
我猜是大卫·李和朱利叶斯
Eli too.
还有伊莱
They want to fill the vacuum.
他们都想要你的职位
Just... just show your face. No.
你去公司露下脸吧,不,
Thanks but... I need to make a go of this.
谢谢,但我得学会适应这种生活
Everything good with Alicia's case?
艾丽西娅的案子进展顺利吗
Yeah. You uh... you gave her my case too?
是的,你把我的案子也给她了吗
Will... if this is your way
威尔,如果你想
of trying to make things better between us...
让我们的关系好转
No.
不,
It's my way of trying to save your ass.
我是在救你
Your uh sisters seem interesting.
你姐妹们看起来很有趣
Yep.
是的
Could you get them arrested?
你可以把她们逮捕走吗
Ms. Norris.
诺里斯女士
When you worked on this film were there rules for the crew
你在公司时,对于挽救有自杀倾向者
as to how to handle potential jumpers?
你们公司是怎么规定的
Yes. The rules were carefully spelled out.
公司的规定非常谨慎
If someone stepped over the railing onto the ledge
如果有人跨过栏杆走到桥边上的话
we were to call 911. I see.
我们要报警,我知道了,
So if someone was standing on the bridge
如果有人站在桥上
for say 40 minutes looking down at the water crying
比如说,看着水流,哭了四十分钟
that wouldn't trigger a 911 call?
那样的话需要报警吗
No. Just someone over the railing.
不,只有当他们站在栏杆之外时才报警
The defense has admitted evidence that it takes on average
被告刚刚承认警察通常需要
48 minutes for the police to respond to a potential jumper.
48分钟才能赶赴现场,
If you wait until someone is on the ledge
如果你要等他们走到桥边才报警
how many lives did you actually save?
实际上,你救了多少人
No one.
没有
It was nice to hear from you again so soon Donna.
唐娜,真高兴这么快又见到你
I've been told by your friends
你的朋友推荐说
you are someone worth getting to know better.
你是一个值得深入了解的人
They've been filling up my phone sheet all week.
这个星期他们一直打电话给我
I hope they haven't been too aggressive.
我希望他们没有表现得太热情
There's nothing wrong with aggressive.
热情没什么不好的
Long as they don't start showing up at my house.
只要他们不来我家就好了
Well I'm an open book. What would you like to know?
我是个坦率的人,你想知道什么
Forgive me for being blunt...
请原谅我的直率
but are you and your wife still living apart?
你和妻子还分居吗
We are.
是的
For the moment.
目前是
But we're committed to making our marriage work.
但是我们一直都尽力地修复婚姻
I'm glad to hear that.
很高兴听见你这么说
It would be my pleasure to meet her someday.
我很希望可以见到她
Maybe someday in September?
不如九月份吧
In Charlotte?
在夏洛特的党大会上见,好吗
I already said she knew I was going on a ski trip.
我已经说过了,她知道我要去滑雪
Yeah but you also said
但是你也说过
that you didn't speak with her that weekend.
那个星期你都没有跟她说话
And we have phone records to show
但是电话记录显示
that you spoke with her for 37 minutes.
你和她通话了三十七分钟
You argued didn't you?
你们吵架了,对吧
No. Stop blaming me for this.
不要一直责备我
You lied on the stand Derek.
德里克,你在证人席上说谎了
What did you argue about?
你们为什么吵架
We didn't argue.
我们没有吵架
All right. Then you talked.
好吧,你们谈话了
What did you talk about?
你们谈了什么
She said she wasn't coming back to school next year.
她说她明年不会来学校了
Because of you? No.
因为你吗,不,
It wasn't her choice.
不是她的决定
Look I'm sorry lied.
对不起,我说谎了
I just didn't want anyone to think I was responsible.
我只是不想让别人认为,这是我引起的
Then who is responsible?
那是谁引起的
I'm sorry Mr. Anderson.
不好意思,安德森先生
I know this is difficult for you.
我了解,你现在很难过
I just have one question. All right.
我只问一个问题,好吧,
When did you inform your daughter that you would
你是什么时候跟你女儿说
no longer be paying her college tuition?
你不再支付她的大学学费了
Objection Your Honor. Relevance?
法官大人,反对,与本案无关
Any financial hardship or pressure placed
任何受害人所经受的经济困难和经济压力
on the victim is relevant to a lawsuit
都与本案所探讨的受害人自杀动机
about what motivated her to commit suicide.
受害人自杀动机有关
Please answer the question Mr. Anderson.
安德森先生,请回答这个问题
We had an agreement that she had to maintain at least a 3.8 GPA.
我们约好她的绩点必须在3.8分以上
But she failed her final exams.
但是她期末考砸了
I understand.
我了解了
But my question was:
但我的问题是
when did you tell her you were no longer supporting her?
你什么时候告诉她,不再支付她的学费
Two days before she died.
在她死前两天
Thank you.
谢谢
We'll give you a disclaimer at the beginning of the movie.
我们可以在电影片头给你们加上免责声明
Your client can still be held liable.
但是你的顾客还是要对此负责
It doesn't matter who else you try and blame.
你们要把责任转嫁给谁都没有影响
It does to a jury.
对于陪审团来说这有影响
A disclaimer plus a donation of half the film's profits
免责,再加上把影片一半的利润
to a suicide awareness campaign.
捐献给自杀意识运动
So how does Mexican sound for dinner?
晚餐吃墨西哥菜怎么样
Should we make a reservation for three or four?
我们定位子要定三还是四
P.M.? No people.
下午三四点吗,不,三四人,
My math's a little rusty but...
我的数学不太好,但是
Oh no no. Come on.
不,拜托
We want to get to know Kalinda better.
我们想要深入了解凯琳达
I like her.
我喜欢她
And I don't like any of your girlfriends.
我不喜欢你以前的女朋友
I am not dating Kalinda.
我没有和凯琳达约会
I am not dating anyone. You're pining for her.
我没任何人约会,你为她形销骨立,
I can see... You work together.
我看得出来,你们一起工作,
It's natural.
这很自然
You need someone special in your life Will.
威尔,你的生活中需要特别的人出现
You need organization.
你需要有人帮你打理
You're not getting any younger.
你年纪也不小了
Women think it's cute now.
女人现在可能还认为你有魅力
In another five years...
如果再过五年
Roger did so much for my life.
罗杰对我的生活影响很大
You think you don't need a spouse.
你以为你不需要一个伴侣
Especially now.
尤其是现在
You're out of work.
你失业了
You need someone.
你需要一个人陪你
You lasted a full week.
你坚持了一个星期
I'm impressed.
我很吃惊
Could have lasted longer.
本来可以再坚持久一些的
You have my sisters to thank for that.
这点你可以谢谢我的姐妹
I'll send flowers.
我会送花表示谢意的
You know I can't practice law.
我现在不能执业
I know. But you can offer updates on your ongoing cases.
我知道,但你可以为你的案子提供信息
Did we fire Caitlin? No.
我们解雇凯特琳了吗,没有,
We promoted her.
她升职了
Anything else I should know about?
还有需要我知道的事情吗
Just that I can't promise that everyone will be
不是每个人
quite so pleased to see you back.
都希望看见你回来

重点单词   查看全部解释    
speculation [.spekju'leiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 沉思,推测,投机

联想记忆
hardship ['hɑ:dʃip]

想一想再看

n. 艰难,困苦

联想记忆
opportune ['ɔpətju:n]

想一想再看

adj. 合适的,适当的

联想记忆
reclaim [ri'kleim]

想一想再看

v. 开垦,纠正,收回

联想记忆
potential [pə'tenʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 可能的,潜在的
n. 潜力,潜能

 
trial ['traiəl]

想一想再看

adj. 尝试性的; 审讯的
n. 尝试,努力

 
prime [praim]

想一想再看

adj. 最初的,首要的,最好的,典型的
n.

联想记忆
lawsuit ['lɔ:sju:t]

想一想再看

n. 诉讼,控诉

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
donation [dəu'neiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 捐赠物,捐款,捐赠

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。