手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《傲骨贤妻》 > 傲骨贤妻第三季 > 正文

傲骨贤妻第三季(MP3+中英字幕):第14集 昨晚不该临阵脱逃

来源:可可英语 编辑:clover   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

to trial for a crime punishable by imprisonment

只有大陪审团对他提出初步控诉
unless the initial charge has been brought by indictment of a grand jury.
才可对其可判处监禁的罪行进行审判
And that's where you come in.
你们的作用就在这里
You are 16 citizens who have been given an immense responsibility.
你们是被赋予了重大责任的16位公民
You must decide a man's fate.
你们必须要决定一个人的命运
My name is Wendy ScottCarr
我叫温迪·斯科特卡尔
and this is Deputy State's Attorney Cary Agos
这是州副检察官凯里·艾格斯
and ASA Dana Lodge.
及助理检察官戴娜·洛奇
We are the prosecution.
我们是检方
Unlike a trial there is no defense.
与审判不同,这里没有辩方
You will only hear our case.
你们只会听到我方陈述
It is up to us to convince you
将由我们来说服各位
that there's probable cause to bring William Paul Gardner to trial.
确有正当理由,让威廉·保罗·加德纳接受审判
Sorry. Thanks for waiting.
不好意思,让你久等了
Is everything all right?
一切还好吗
Uh no. I wanted to talk to you
很糟,在向权益合伙人与其他律师宣布前
before I broke this to the equity partners and associates.
我想跟你谈谈
Is this about Will?
是关于威尔的吗
Yes. A grand jury has been impaneled
对,大陪审团成员已经选定
and our expectation is he will be indicted within the next two days.
我们预计他会在接下来两天内被起诉
I...
What's the charge?
罪名是什么呢
Judicial bribery.
司法贿赂
Of course it's not true.
当然,这是子虚乌有
But the uh...
但是...
the State's Attorney
州检察官认为
believes that Will arranged bets between judges
威尔在他每周三晚的篮球时间
and bookies at his Wednesday night basketball game.
为法官和庄家安排赌局
I...
我,
II didn't know it was that serious. It is.
我没意识到如此严重,确实严重,
Felony bribery three to seven years.
贿赂重罪,可以判刑3到7年
I'm sorry I really should go.
不好意思,我该走了
Is it Wendy ScottCarr or Peter?
是温迪·斯科特卡尔的意思还是彼得?
Uh both I should think.
两人都是,我觉得
Peter has put Wendy ScottCarr in charge of the prosecution.
彼得让温迪·斯科特卡尔负责起诉
What can I do?
我能帮什么忙吗
I don't want you to feel responsible
我不想你觉得自己有责任
or obligated to do anything.
或者有义务去做任何事情
I mean "Responsible" is the wrong word.
"责任"一词有些不妥
We've never considered you an...
我们从未利用过
extension of the State's Attorney's Office
你与州检察官办公室的关系
and you've never acted like one. So...
你也从未这么做过,所以
again I leave it to you.
这一次,仍由你自行决定
Oh Alicia hi.
艾丽西娅
Would you like me to help Mr. Gold today?
今天你要我帮戈德先生的忙吗
Yes. Is there anything that you need help with?
是的,你需要什么帮助吗,
Nope.
不需要
Thank you.
谢谢
Alicia.
艾丽西娅
I just...I have to rush off.
我是来...我有事得赶紧走
What's wrong? What do you need?
出什么事了,有什么麻烦吗
No nothing. It'sit's about Jackie
没事,是杰姬的事
but we can talk about it later.
不过我们可以稍后再谈
Oh well 8:00 tonight?
好吧,今晚8点如何
Sure. Great.
可以,好吧
'Kay.
好的,
I'm sorry.
对不起
No. Why? I am.
不,为什么,应该是我抱歉
I didn't tell you because I didn't want this to become...
我没告诉你,是因为我不想这事变得...
You do not need to explain.
你不用解释
This is legal. It's not personal.
这是法律事务,不是私事
If I told you it would become per...
如果我告诉你,就会变成私...
Will I'm a lawyer.
威尔,我是名律师
I'm a thirdyear associate in your firm.
我是你律所里的一名三年级律师
So use me.
所以把我用上吧
Ms. Tascioni
塔肖尼女士
Hello. Hello again.
你好,又见面了,
We seem to meet under a lot of circumstances like these.
我们似乎总在这类场合碰面
We do.
是啊
I want to help.
我想帮点忙
Okay.
行啊
With what?
怎么帮
With what I know about the State's Attorney.
凭我对州检察官的了解
I was hired as an investigator by the State's Attorney's Office.
我当时是州检办聘用的一名调查员
And in this capacity
在职期间
did you come to review Mr. Gardner's cases?
你是否审查了加德纳先生的案件
I did. And...
是的
I was surprised by how many cases both civil and criminal
我很吃惊,他在民事和刑事案件中
in which he achieved a successful verdict.
胜诉的情况都很多
Could you elaborate?
能否详细说明
On average you would expect a 60% win rate as a ceiling.
平均来说,胜率一般最高能达到60%
And what did you find with Mr. Gardner's cases?
那么加德纳先生的胜率是多少呢
He had 75% wins.
他的胜率是75%
Did you find anything suspicious
你是否发现事有可疑
with regards to which judges
有几位法官对加德纳先生
decided favorably for Mr. Gardner?
总做出有利判决
Yeah. Three judges decided favorably for Mr. Gardner 95% of the time.
是,有三位法官,偏向加德纳的案件达95%
They were Judge Winter Judge Dunaway and Parks.
他们是温特,达纳韦,帕克斯
And what else did you discover about these three judges?
关于这三位法官,你还发现别的疑点吗
They all played regularly in a pickup basketball game
他们都长期参加由加德纳组织的
on Wednesday nights run by Will Gardner.
周三晚间的篮球活动
Thank you Mr. Wiley.
谢谢你,怀利先生
Okay so the strategy is this.
好,我们的策略是这样的
Hello Ms. Lockhart.
你好,洛克哈特女士
Hello. You're uh you're up next.
你好,下一个就是你了,
I know. Thank you. How did the partners take it?
我知道,谢谢,合伙人都什么反应,
They were concerned.
他们都挺担忧
We'll work the phones this afternoon to handhold clients.
今天下午我们会打电话安抚客户
How are things here?
这边进展得怎么样了
Uh we were just... going over strategy.
我们在谈应对策略
Mrs. Florrick.
福瑞克夫人
You can join us.
你可以加入
Yes. Okay so here's the thing.
来吧,好,是这样的,
Grand juries indict; that's what they do
大陪审团总是选择起诉,他们就是这样
hamburgers and all.
连汉堡都能起诉
Ham sandwiches.
是火腿三明治
Yes.
是的
So you're gonna get indicted unless
你将会被起诉,除非
I like that pen.
我喜欢你的笔
Thank you.
谢谢
Unless someone pulls the plug.
除非有人下令停止
Someone higher.
级别更高的人
The State's Attorney.
州检察官
Yes. You have an audience of one in there Ms. Lockhart.
对,洛克哈特女士,里面你的听众只有一个
Who? Cary Agos.
谁,凯里·艾格斯,
He defers to the State's Attorney.
他听命于州检察官
Wendy ScottCarr does not.
温迪·斯科特卡尔却不用
She's...
她是...
No that's right; she's her own person.
没错,她听命于自己
So you need to keep bringing the testimony back to Peter Florrick.
所以你要一直把证词引到彼得·福瑞克身上
That'll get Cary talking to Peter.
那样的话,凯里将会向彼得反映
That's right. If you want to stop this
是的,如果你想要在大陪审团阶段
at the grand jury stage
就把这事结束的话
you need to get the State's Attorney to stop it
你就需要让州检察官下令停止
and he'll only stop it if it looks like it'll hurt him.
唯一办法就是让他觉得,不停止对他有害
You see? Yes. Good.
明白了吗,是的,很好,
Excuse me.
失陪一下
Hello Eli. Hello Alicia.
伊莱,你好,艾丽西娅,你好,
Would you like to guess what's wrong with this picture?
你猜猜,我这儿现在有什么问题
I'm not there?
我不在?
Yes. I ask for Alicia;
是的,我要求的是让你过来
I get Alicia lite.
却来了个艾丽西娅的简化版
This is GLAC Alicia GLAC
艾丽西娅,这可是"GLAC"啊
the Gay and Lesbian Alliance of Chicago.
"芝加哥同性恋联盟"
They need someone to campaign
他们需要有人发起运动
against the Defense of Marriage Act.
反对《婚姻保护法案》
I needed you.
我需要的是你
Why me? Because you...
为什么是我,因为你,
Because you're a gay icon.
因为你是同性恋者的偶像
Excuse me?
什么
I didn't decide it.
不是我定的
Where are you getting this?
你从哪里听来的说法
The gay blogosphere.
同性恋博客圈
You're one of those spurned wives. Oh dear Lord.
你被丈夫冷落,天呐,
Your suffering has made you iconic.
你受的痛苦让你成为偶像
They have a lot of money to fight DOMA.
他们反对法案的运作资金很充足
This means a lot of money.
这意味着给我的回报非常丰厚
Eli as much as it would gratify me
伊莱,虽然我很想去
to sit beside you signing autographs
坐在你旁边给粉丝签名
you are the one they want
你才是他们需要的人
you don't need windowdressing.
你不需要我来装门面
Oh yes Alicia give me a pep talk.
好啊,你就给我鼓气吧
Caitlin is capable. She's smart.
凯特琳能胜任,她很聪明
She's studious. She's David Lee's niece
她很用功,她是大卫·李的侄女
and that means something to Spencer Roth.
这对斯宾塞·罗思,会起到一些作用
She's what?
她是谁
David Lee's niece
大卫·李的侄女
David Lee's niece. The divorce attorney?
大卫·李的侄女,离婚律师吗
Yeah family law. Why?
是的,家庭法律部,怎么了
I'll be waiting by the phone!
我等你电话
You and I need to talk Alicia.
艾丽西娅,我们要谈谈
Don't make me wait. Don't you dare. It'll get ugly.
不要让我久等,否则我可要你好看啊
Eli!
伊莱
Stacie.
史黛西
It's so good to see you! And you.
真高兴见到你,我也是,
We're up for all the same jobs aren't we?
我们总之争一样的工作,不是吗
We should be friends.
我们应该当朋友
We shouldn't be enemies.
我们不应该当敌人
The best of friends.
最好的朋友
So the Defense of Marriage Act
婚姻保护法案这事
what's your pitch on that?
你的口号是什么
It's wrong.
"它是错的"
I want to learn from you Eli.
伊莱,我要向你学习
There's so much I can learn.
从你身上可以学到很多东西
I want to have lunch.
我们一起吃中饭吧
Let's do. No.
一言为定,不,
Not lunch. Drinks.
不吃中饭,一起喝酒
Hot drinks.
热饮
There are these drinks mulled wine with brandy.
有一类饮料,香料热饮酒加白兰地
They're amazing.
好喝极了
Sounds good. I'm gonna call you.
听起来很不错,到时打电话给你,
Gay and Lesbian Alliance of Chicago.
芝加哥同性恋联盟
How may I connect you?
请问你要联系什么人
Hello. This is Stacie Hall's assistant.
你好,我是史黛西·豪尔的助手
I'm having trouble texting her.
我无法给她发短信
Could you get her an immediate message?
你可以给她发个即时信息吗
I know she's in a meeting with Spencer Roth.
我知道她正在见斯宾塞·罗思
Sure. What is it?
当然,信息内容是什么
Could you tell her that her 11:00 meeting with Rush
内容是,她原定11点钟和拉什的会面
has moved to noon.
改到了中午
With Rush? Yes. Limbaugh.
与拉什吗,是的,拉什·林堡,
Do you want me to spell that for you?
需要我告诉你是哪几个字吗
No I think I've got it.
不用了,我知道了
You and Mr. Gardner have known each other for...
你与加德纳先生相识已经有...
how many years? Eight years.
多少年了,八年,
And you were originally partners in opposing firms? Yes.
你们原本在相互竞争的律所当合伙人? 是,
And you knew about
那你知道
his troubles at his first Baltimore firm?
他在巴尔的摩事务所里的问题吗
I'll need more clarity
要回答这个问题
in order to answer that question. My apologies.
你需要再明确一点,是我疏忽了,
You knew that he took $45000
你是否知道他从某当事人的户头里
from a client's account to pay off a gambling debt?
拿出4.5万,来偿还他的赌债
All I knew is what I heard from you
我所知道的,就是你在我办公室里
when you questioned me in my office Ms. ScottCarr
询问我时透露给我的,斯科特卡尔女士
and that Peter Florrick
而州检察官
the State's Attorney doesn't feel there's enough
彼得·福瑞克认为
evidence there to prosecute him.
没有足够证据提出起诉
I can understand your defensiveness.
我可以理解你试图辩护
Really? I didn't think I was being defensive
我有吗,我并不认为我是在辩护
I thought I was being clear.
我只是在阐明事实
Then let's continue to be clear.
那就继续讨论事实吧
Have you ever been to one of Mr. Gardner's pickup games?
你去过加德纳先生的篮球赛吗
No. Why not?
没有,为什么,
I don't play basketball.
我不会打篮球
Has he asked you to go?
他邀请过你吗
Uh yes.
邀请过
And why did he ask you to go
你都不会打篮球
if you didn't play basketball?
他为何还请你去呢
He said it was a good place
他说这是与重要法官
to meet judges and prosecutors who matter.
和公诉人相识的好机会
For example Peter Florrick
比如,彼得·福瑞克
the current State's Attorney often participated in the pickup games.
即现任州检察官,曾多次参加篮球赛
But you decided not to go to these games.
但你最后还是没有去
Now wasn't that because you thought there was something
是不是因为你认为在他们的交往中
corrupt about these relationships?
有腐败行为呢
No. Oddly it was because
不是,很奇怪的
I didn't play basketball.
原因是我不打篮球
I don't think there's anything wrong
我认为法官与律师通过体育运动
for judges and lawyers to unwind over sports.
放松一下,没有什么问题
And my guess is that the current State's Attorney
我猜现任州检察官
doesn't think so either or he wouldn't participate.
也认同我的看法,不然他就不会参加
What's she doing? Tying Peter to it.
她是在干什么,把彼得扯进来,
Let's talk about one particular lawsuit
让我们谈谈一宗案子吧
the McDermott case.
麦克德莫特案
Now this was a lawsuit brought by a family
这起官司的原告是一对家长
whose child died from eating food tainted with peanut oil.
他们的孩子因食用混有花生油的食物而身亡
Yes. And this was a client
是的,而这个客户,
you brought into the firm. Yes.
是你带来的,是的,
But Will Gardner requested to take it over from you.
威尔·加德纳要求由他来接手
Yes.
是的
Why?
为什么
He thought he would be better.
他认为他更合适
But it was only after a change of courts
但这是发生在换庭之后
after Judge Parks had taken over the case
即帕克斯法官接手了本案
that Will requested this switch?
威尔才提出了这个要求?
Take your time Ms. Lockhart.
慢慢想,洛克哈特女士
Yes.
是的
And didn't you explain this switch to your associates
你向贵所律师解释调动的原因
as being due to the fact that
是否是
Mr. Gardner had a better relationship with Judge Parks?
加德纳先生与帕克斯法官有更好的私交?
Yes.
是的
How did it go?
怎么样
Will do you have a moment?
威尔,能借一步说话吗
Why did we win the McDermott case?
麦克德莫特那个案子是怎么赢的
They asked you about the McDermott case?
他们问麦克德莫特案了?
They asked me almost exclusively about the McDermott case.
他们基本上就只问了麦克德莫特案
Why did we win it?
我们怎么赢的
It was a good case.
案子本身就好赢
No it wasn't.
不,并不好赢
We argued it well.
我们辩论得好
You argued it well.
是你辩论得好
I wasn't there.
我没有参与
Then I argued it well.
那就是我辩得好
They asked me questions
他们问的问题
about my conversations with the associates.
是关于我和同事的谈话
How would they know that?
他们怎么知道的
You and I should talk.
我们得谈一谈
I don't want to see Alicia prosecuted either.
我也不想艾丽西娅被起诉
I need more.
但我要更多
The McDermott file doesn't connect the dots.
麦克德莫特案还不足够
It's not me. It's Wendy.
不是我要,是温迪
Give me more and we'll tear it up.
再透露一点,我们就把材料销毁
The rider evidence that can hurt Alicia?
会伤害艾丽西娅的那份附加条款
We'll tear it up.
我们会销毁掉
You got to smile.
你得微笑才行
I got to smile?
要我微笑
Yes 'cause the grand jury will perceive your attitude as hostile if it's...
是的,因为大陪审团会认为你有敌意,如果你...
hostile.
有敌意
Please?
麻烦了
Since you said "Please."
看在你这么恳切的份上
So we were worried about the McDermott case
我们曾担心麦克德莫特案
and here we are
而现在
dealing with questions about the McDermott case.
我们要应付关于麦克德莫特案的问题
Yes we were just discussing that.
是的,我们正在讨论
And their questions would suggest
他们的问题似乎显示出
some deeper familiarity as if someone were...
他们对内情有更深入的了解,仿佛是有人...
talking to them.
给他们泄密
I'm gonna check into it. Good.
我去查,好的,
She's great. Yeah.
她很棒,没错,
Please stay on the line
请不要挂断
and your call will be answered...
您的电话将...
Mr. Gold?
戈登先生
Here are your xeroxes. Oh good. Thanks.
这是你要的影印件,好的,谢谢你,
And could you get a few things from downstairs?
你能帮我从楼下拿几样东西上来吗
Here's a list.
这是清单
Um sure definitely.
好的,没问题
I will be right back. Good.
我很快就回来,好的,
Sooner the better.
越快越好
And hello Alicia. Hello.
你好啊,艾丽西娅,你好,
Getting close to Caitlin are we?
和凯特琳熟悉了吧
Yes. She's a real gogetter.
没错,她还真是个充满干劲的人啊
Not a moment of complaint.
一点儿也不抱怨
She made these copies for you?
她帮你复印的这些文件吗
Yup. Very important stuff.
没错,很重要的文件
These are from last year. Yes.
这些是去年的,没错,
And who knows when I may need them again.
说不定哪天我就又用上了呢
So who are we acting out against Eli? David Lee?
你这是做给谁看呢,大卫·李?
Me? The concept of firstyear associates?
我?抑或是第一年律师就该如此?
Might there be a simpler explanation?
有更简单的解释吗
I need someone to free me up so I can... work.
我需要别人的帮助,让我全心工作
There are paralegals for that.
这应该去找助理来做
I like Caitlin.
我喜欢凯特琳
You wanted to talk?
你是想找我聊聊?
Yes about attitudes and let's start with yours.
对,是态度问题,先说说你的吧
Alicia?
艾丽西娅
I outrank you.
我比你的职位高
I am an equity partner you're a thirdyear associate.
我是权益合伙人,而你是三年级律师
And I feel
而我觉得
and yes you are making me resort to marriage counseling speak
没错,你让我说话像做婚姻咨询似的
I feel that you're treating me
我觉得你对我漠视的态度
with the same degree of disregard
和当年我作你丈夫的竞选经理时
as when I was your husband's campaign strategist
没什么两样
and I think that is wrong.
我认为这是不对的
Not killapuppy wrong but wrong as in incorrect.
不是原则上的错误,但确实不正确
Working off old information.
该从旧角色里转换出来了
And I think we all need
我认为我们都有必要
to reevaluate our working relationship here.
重新审视我们的工作关系
You're right.
你说得没错
What do you need?
需要我做什么
I need you to help me with my pitch.
我需要你帮我想口号
Spencer Roth has asked us in
斯宾塞·罗思邀请我们周三
to pitch to all of GLAC on Wednesday.
向所有GLAC的成员做宣讲
Okay. Let's get going.
好的,那我们就行动起来吧
No.
不,
I'm sorry. I think I interrupted you.
不好意思,我觉得是我打断了你
You said in an interview in Chicago magazine
在芝加哥杂志的一次采访中
quote "What I love about Will Gardner is he is as sneaky
你的原话是"我喜欢威尔·加德纳
as I am" End quote.
是因为他和我一样狡猾"
Do you still believe that?
你还记得吗
I think I meant "Sneakily charming."
我想我的意思是"狡猾的魅力"
So that's why the next line reads:
所以,你接下来一句是
"The sneaky thing is to cross that ethical line
"所谓狡猾,即越过道德的边界,
and not lose track of your client."
且随时掌握客户动向"
Is that what you meant?
这是你的意思吗
Uh... something like that.
差不多就是这个意思吧
You did contract work for Judge Parks didn't you?
你为帕克斯法官起草过合同,对吗
I did. His wife was ill
没错,他妻子病了,
and you helped him with the will and his children's trust?
你帮他起草了遗嘱和孩子的信托?
If by "Helped" You mean he paid me yes.
如果你所说的帮助是他付了钱的业务,没错
But he paid you less than what was usual for this type of work?
但他付的比一般同类型业务的价格低?
No he paid what was fair
不,他付的价格很合理
considering the will and trust
考虑到他这个遗嘱和信托
were simpler than most.
比一般同类型业务都容易
Who brought Judge Parks to you as a client?
是谁把帕克斯法官的业务介绍给你的呢
Wasn't it Will Gardner? That's probably right.
是威尔·加德纳吗,对吧,
And wasn't the work a payoff for Judge Parks
难道那不是对帕克斯法官
deciding the McDermott case for you?
在麦克德莫特案上帮忙的回报吗
It's an odd payoff to charge him for work I did.
他给我们付钱算是我们回报他?真奇怪
Isn't that a conflict of interest sir?
先生,不存在利益冲突吗
No more than the trust work I did for Peter Florrick
不比我为彼得·福瑞克的信托业务更存在利益冲突
the current State's Attorney.
也就是现任州检察官
Please answer the question Mr. Lee.
李先生,请回答问题
Oh I thought I was ma'am.
我觉得我回答了呢,女士
I'm making an honest comparison
我是在诚实地拿为你老板彼得·福瑞克
to other work I did for your boss Peter Florrick
做的工作来做比较
trust work for which I charged even less than Judge Parks.
我收他的钱比帕克斯法官还低
If this is a conflict of interest... isn't that?
如果这是利益冲突,那彼得呢
That's how a pro does it.
专业人士就是这么干的
You're welcome.
不用谢
What did they ask?
他们问了什么
You and Judge Parks.
你和帕克斯法官
Everything was you and Judge Parks.
所有问题都是你和帕克斯法官
Daddy's a balloon.
爸爸是个气球
Where's the pin?
别针在哪儿呢
Oh hey there. I'm sorry.
你好,不好意思
Um I was wondering if you might know
请问是否知道
where there was a restroom that had a changing table?
哪儿有带换尿布的桌子的卫生间吗
Oh my goodness look at that face.
天啊,看看这小脸蛋儿
Yeah she's waking up.
嗯,她要醒了
Are you gonna go to the park?
你想去公园玩吗
I have a sweet tooth.
我爱吃甜食
Yeah I can see that.
看出来了
Does it taste better with whipped cream?
就着掼打奶油一起吃味道会更好吗
Is there anything that doesn't taste better with whipped cream?
有什么东西就着掼打奶油吃,味道不会更好呢
Tell me when.
够了就吱一声
When. When.
吱,吱
To Eli and Stacie new friends.
致伊莱和史黛西,一对新朋友
Hmm. It's very very sweet.
真是非常非常甜
Mmm wait till you get to the bottom.
等你快喝完时会更甜
So Rush Limbaugh huh?
那么,拉什·林堡呵?
Yeah.
是的
How do you explain that one?
你是如何向他们解释的
Mm. I was meeting him to argue against DOMA.
我是要与他见面,对《婚姻保护法案》提出异议
Nice. And they believed you?
太好了,那他们相信吗
Oh I'm convincing when I have to be.
必要的时候,我总是很有说服力
Mmm. Fish. It burns. Fish?
擦,酒好辣,擦?
Oh I'm trying not to swear.
我在努力不骂脏
Everybody swears these days. Have you noticed?
这年头人人都会骂脏,你注意到了吗
Old ladies young girls.
老太太,小姑娘
Really everybody.
真的是所有人
I have to tell you something.
我有事要告诉你
Okay.
好的
All right.
好,
But I have to steel myself first.
但我得先壮壮胆
I desire you.
我想要你
I'm serious.
我是认真的
I desire you Eli.
我想要你,伊莱
Every part of you.
想要你的一切
Your eyes
你的双眸
your hair.
你的发丝
I want to take you right now right here
我想在此时此刻
on the floor of this bar.
就把你推倒在酒吧的地板上
Well go ahead.
好啊,来吧
I'm serious. I know you are.
我是认真的,我知道,
Make the first move.
先进攻吧
Right here.
就在这里
I'm ready.
我准备好了
You.
你先来
No you're the one who desires me.
不,你是想要我的那个人
I'm pliable.
我来者不拒
So...
所以...
ply me.
征服我吧
It's Sun Tzu hmm?
是《孙子兵法》吧
Destabilizing your enemy?
扰乱敌心
You know the only problem with Sun Tzu?
你知道孙子唯一的问题在哪里吗
He never fought the Jews.
他从没和犹太人交过战
We're Masada baby.
亲爱的,我们坚守马察达
We don't mess around with mind games.
不玩心理游戏
We use knives.
只用武力解决
You're Jewish?
你是犹太人吗
You're a nice girl.
你挺好的
With your sweet little drinks and your giggle
喜欢酒里加甜点,爱咯咯傻笑
but you're not playing in the little leagues anymore.
但你再不能玩这些三脚猫功夫了
Put out your hand. Why?
把手伸出来,为什么,
Put it out.
伸出来
And this is supposed to what?
这是要干什么
Okay this is... this is lacking subtlety.
好吧,这可...不太含蓄
No tell me about Masada.
不,和我说说马察达吧
960 dead?
死了960人吗,
All those big strong Jewish warriors?
都是又高又壮的犹太勇士吗
I'll talk to Jackie.
我会和杰姬说的
Good thank you.
好极了,谢谢你
I just don't want things turning sour.
我只是不想弄得很不愉快
They won't. They won't.
不会的
How are things here?
你们过得如何
Good.
挺好的
Work is hard
工作上有难处
of course because of this grand jury investigation.
因为大陪审团调查这件事
What's going on Peter?
这是怎么回事,彼得
I don't think we can have this conversation.
我认为我们不该谈这事
Actually we need to have this conversation.
我们需要谈谈这事
It has nothing to do with us.
这和我们无关
Peter how can it not?
彼得,怎么可能无关呢
Because I won't let it;
因为我不会把我们卷进去
that's why I chose Wendy ScottCarr
所以我选了温迪·斯科特卡尔
so that it wouldn't.
这样就不会有关了
She's making it worse. No she isn't.
她让事情变得更糟了,不,她没有,
She's not me; I don't control her.
她不是我,我不能操控她
But that's the problem Peter.
这就是问题所在,彼得
It keeps your hands clean at the expense of...
你撇清关系,却牺牲了...
At the expense of who?
却牺牲了谁
Will? No my firm.
威尔?不,我的律所,
And Will. Yes my boss.
还有威尔,对,我的老板,
The boss who you're sleeping with?
是和你上床的老板吗
Peter if that's the issue here
彼得,如果这就是问题所在
then let's talk about that.
那我们就谈一下
Of course that's the issue!
这当然就是问题所在
There's nothing between us.
我们之间什么都没有
My God you have changed.
我的天呐,你变了
I used to be able to tell when you lied.
以前你撒谎时,我一眼就能看出来
You think I'm lying?
你觉得我在撒谎吗
I think you're manipulating the truth like a pro.
我觉得你现在信口雌黄像个老手
Well you would know about pros.
你最清楚什么叫老手,(pro既可指老手,也可指妓女)
Well you got me there.
这我没话说了
What do you want Alicia?
你想怎样,艾丽西娅
I want you to stop this grand jury.
我希望你停止这次大陪审团听证
No.
不行
That's what I used to do.
那是我以前的做法
Things that worked but were wrong.
虽行之有效,却是错的
Not doing that anymore.
我不会再这么做了
Peter your...
彼得,你的
problem wasn't that you did things that were wrong.
问题不在于你犯下过失
Your problem was that you did things that were wrong against your family.
而是在于你对家人犯下了过失
That may be so but that has nothing to do with this.
或许是吧,但与这事无关
Will Gardner is not my family.
威尔·加德纳不是我的家人
Good night.
晚安
Please state your name for the record? Robert Parks.
请报上姓名以便记录在案,罗伯特·帕克斯,
I'm a presiding justice in Cook County's third municipal district.
我是库克县第三市政区法院的一名主审法官
Thank you sir. Your Honor.
谢谢,先生,是法官阁下,
Thank you Your Honor.
谢谢,法官阁下
Is it fair to say that you are
是否可以说您今天是
a reluctant witness here today Your Honor?
勉强前来作证的,法官阁下
It is fair to say that I believe this is a witch hunt.
可以说,我相信这是一起政治迫害
And I think you're trying to criminalize behavior
我看你是试图将根本不是犯罪的行为
that is far from criminal.
定性为犯罪
And what behavior is that?
您指的是什么行为呢
Friendship and acquaintances between justices and attorneys outside work.
法官与律师在工作之外的友谊与交情
Did the attorney Will Gardner ever offer you a bribe Your Honor?
律师威尔·加德纳是否曾向您行贿,法官阁下
Upon the advice of counsel I am here today to assert my right
根据律师的建议,我在此主张
under the Fifth Amendment against selfincrimination.
宪法第五修正案所赋予的权利,拒绝自证其罪
Did you ever make a illegal bets through Will Gardner
您是否曾通过威尔·加德纳
with the bookie Jonathan Meade?
参与庄家乔纳森·米德的非法赌博呢
Upon the advice of counsel my answer to this question and all your questions
根据律师的建议,我对此问题及你所有的问题
will be to assert my right under the Fifth Amendment against selfincrimination.
都将主张第五修正案所赋予的权利,拒绝自证其罪
I understand Your Honor.
我明白了,法官阁下
You don't understand a thing.
你根本没明白
You're attempting to suggest that
你明知任何一个被你拽到这儿来的法官
there is something nefarious here when you know for a fact
都会援引第五修正案
that any judge you haul in here would take the Fifth.
却还在试图暗示这里有不法勾当
Excuse me Your Honor?
抱歉,法官阁下
You either take the Fifth
您要么援引第五修正案
or you leave yourself open to questions.
要么就回答问题
Did you meet with Will Gardner yesterday?
您昨天是否见过威尔·加德纳
Upon the advice of counsel
根据律师的建议
I continue to assert my rights under the Fifth Amendment.
我继续主张第五修正案所赋予的权利
Is this a photo of you meeting with Will Gardner yesterday?
这是不是昨天你与威尔·加德纳见面的照片
Upon the advice of counsel I insist on my Fifth Amendment rights.
根据律师建议,我坚持行使第五修正案的权利
You setting me up?
你在陷害我?
Excuse me Your Honor?
您说什么,法官阁下
They have a photo from yesterday.
他们有张昨天的照片
You brought them to me.
你把他们引向了我
You go down you're not taking me.
你栽了,别想拉我垫背
Okay I can see there is some kind of strategy going on here.
好吧,看得出来你俩正在搞点小阴谋
We can't say.
不能跟你说
I just want to know one thing.
我只想知道一件事
Is it illegal?
是非法的吗
No. Good.
不是,那就好,
You two behave now.
你俩乖乖的哦
Yeah? I just wanted to see how you're doing.
怎么了,就是问问你怎么样了,
I'm good.
我很好
Up next. Probably another 30 minutes.
下个就到我,大概再等30分钟
Are you...?
你是不是
I'm fine.
我没事
No are you taking the Fifth?
不是,你会援引第五修正案吗
I don't know.
我不知道
Elsbeth thinks I should.
埃尔斯贝特认为应该这样
It's the smart move.
这是明智之举
Will... I'm sorry.
威尔,我很抱歉
Don't be. I am.
别这样,我说真的,
Well then be sorry because it's happening.
你可以为我的窘境感到遗憾
Don't be sorry because of anything else.
不要因为别的事情抱歉
Okay. Do good.
好吧,好好表现
Always.
一向如此
Well well it's family law darkening my halls.
看呀看呀,家庭法大神光临,蓬荜黯然啊
Nora could you ask Caitlin to come in here please?
诺拉,请叫凯特琳过来好吗
Something fell off my desk.
有东西掉我桌子底下了
So...
那么
So...
那么
Caitlin's not cleaning this up.
凯特琳不会给你收拾的
Oh yes she is.
不,她得给我收拾
It's such a doubleedged sword isn't it?
真是一把双刃剑,对吧
Nepotism gets you the job but then you catch all the poop
裙带关系帮你得到了工作,但你从此就得
your uncle should. "Poop"?
替叔叔擦屁股,擦屁股?
I'm trying not to swear so much.
我在努力少骂点脏话
How's the campaign going for Peter Florrick?
彼得·福瑞克的竞选活动进行得如何
I hope well.
我希望还不错
Because his wife and I have been chatting.
因为我和他妻子聊过
As her divorce lawyer
作为她的离婚律师
of course attorneyclient privilege applies
律师委托人保密特权当然适用
and I can't really share anything
所以我什么都不能告诉你
but uh I hope the campaign is going well.
但我希望竞选活动进行得顺利
Yes Mr. Gold?
你找我吗,戈德先生
Oh hi.
噢,你也在
Hi Caitlin. How are you?
凯特琳,你好吗
Good. Uh what was it you needed?
挺好,你需要我做些什么
No nothing. Eli's fine.
不用了,伊莱没事
Okay.
好的
Well give a call if you need anything.
如果你需要任何事请尽管找我
And I have your xeroxes.
你交给我的文件我复印好了
Thanks Caitlin.
辛苦了,凯特琳
There's not much I love in life. I like money.
生活中我爱的东西不多,我喜欢钱
I don't love money. Is this going to be long?
但不至于爱钱,你不会要长篇大论吧,
But I do love my niece.
但是我爱我的侄女
She is all that is good in the world.
她集合了世界上所有的美好于一身
And I think you ought to clean that up.
我认为你应该自己收拾桌上的烂摊子
Good afternoon Mr. Gardner.
下午好,加德纳先生
Ms. ScottCarr.
下午好,斯科特卡尔小姐
Shall we start from the beginning here?
我们需要从头开始吗
Did you meet with Judge Parks yesterday?
昨天你是否见过帕克斯法官
Yes I did meet with Judge Parks yesterday.
是的,昨天我是见过帕克斯法官
I see. Um thank you sir.
这样,谢谢,先生
And thank you for not taking the Fifth.
感谢你没有援引第五修正案
You're welcome.
不用客气
This is you in this picture?
照片中的人是你吗
Yes.
是的
And what is in this envelope
在你递给帕克斯法官的信封中
you handed to Judge Parks?
放的是什么
Money.
钱,
Okay.
好的
And um was there an agreement
你与帕克斯法官
between you and Judge Parks based on the exchange of this cash?
是否就这笔钱,达成某种协议
Yes.
是的
And what was that?
是什么样的协议
That he would give it to UNICEF
他会把钱转交给联合国儿童基金会
for their immunization drive in Uganda.
投入他们在乌干达的疫苗接种项目
Uh and um howhow much money did you give him?
你给了他多少钱
$2000.
2000美元,
For UNICEF?
捐给联合国儿童基金会?
I mean isn't that
我是说
a lot of money to be giving to UNICEF?
这笔捐款似乎非常丰厚啊
It is.
的确
And why did you give him all that?
那你为什么要把这么多钱交给他
Because I think kids in Uganda should be immunized.
因为我觉得乌干达的儿童应该接种疫苗
And isn't this just a little bit suspicious
但是你在作证的前一天
that you gave this money on the eve
把这笔钱交给他
of your testifying here?
不会显得有点可疑吗
I don't know. I hadn't thought of it.
我不知道,我没考虑到这些
And why should we trust you
我们凭什么相信你说的
that this money was in fact for UNICEF?
这笔钱是捐给了联合国儿童基金会
Because I have a receipt.
因为我有收据
Okay. Let's see.
好的,接下去
I have some notes here from...
我这里有一份文件,来自...
Thank you.
谢谢
This is a copy of an email from you to Judge Parks
这是一封你发给帕克斯法官的电邮
exchanging information about which settlement
邮件中你们交换了一些信息
would be agreeable to your client.
讨论你的客户会接受何种和解条约
Really? Where did you get it?
真的吗,你是从哪里获得这封邮件的
When I am the subject of a grand jury investigation Mr. Gardner
当我成为大陪审团的听证对象时,加德纳先生
you may ask me that.
你可以问我这个问题
Are these emails from you to Judge Parks?
这些邮件是你写给帕克斯法官的吗
No.
不是
Could you read there?
你能把那行念出来吗
To whom are these emails addressed?
邮件的接收者是谁?
It says "Judge Parks"
上面写着"帕克斯法官"
but I never sent these to him.
但我从没有发过这些邮件给他
Someone must've typed over the real addressee.
肯定是有人改掉了真正的收件人
And why would someone do that?
别人为什么要这么做
I have no idea you just handed it to me
我不知道,你刚把这些邮件交给我看
but the original emails...
但是这些邮件的原件...
...are here.
...就在这里,
Let's turn now to Judge Parks.
接下来我们谈一下帕克斯法官
But don't you want to know who the emails were really addressed to?
你不想知道这些信件的真实收件人是谁吗
No that's not necessary.
不用,没有必要
They were addressed to my partner Diane Lockhart.
它们是发给我的合伙人,戴安·洛克哈特
Excuse me Mr. Gardner?
请停下来,加德纳先生
And it seemed only natural to discuss the award amount.
与她谈论酬金数额似乎很正常
Mr. Gardner that was not my question.
加德纳先生,我没有问你这些
Please strike that from the record!
请把以上内容从记录中移除
You fooled me?
你耍了我?
Yeah.
是的
Go ahead.
动手吧
What?
你说什么
Hit me.
打我
It'll make you feel better.
这样你会好受一点
Okay thank you. Thank you for that.
好的,谢谢,非常感谢
I owe you.
我欠你一个人情
No you don't.
你没有
Okay you two it's not over yet.
你们俩听着,还没结束
She promised a new subpoena.
她说会发出新的传票
What I'm worried is she...
我担心的是...
It's not Kalinda...
不会是凯琳达...
But she's angry now.
但她现在非常愤怒
So she goes where?
她下一步会如何行动
The whole firm?
针对整个律所?
Personal. She...
应该会针对个人,她...
You're vulnerable somewhere right?
你是有把柄可抓的,是吗
You gave her the McDermott case as some big fat juicy...
你用麦克德莫特案作饵送上去给她
bait right?
是吗
So she wouldn't go after your real vulnerability?
这样避免她去抓你真正的把柄
Yes. So...
对,那么...
Who would she subpoena now?
她接着会传唤谁呢
Any word on Mr. Gardner?
有加德纳先生的消息吗
Not yet.
还没有
Did I do something wrong?
我做错什么事了吗
Did you...?
你...
Do you know why Mr. Gold is being so cold to me now?
你知道戈德先生为什么对我这么冷漠吗
Oh I didn't think he was.
我没觉得他对你冷漠啊
I thought he was overworking you.
我还觉得他给了你太多活儿干呢
No. He's not even talking to me now.
没有,他现在都不跟我说话了
Did I do something wrong?
我做错什么事了吗
No. I wouldn't worry.
没有,不用担心
He seems distracted.
他似乎在琢磨别的事
I wanted to tell him something about the meeting
我想告诉他一些关于这次会议的事
but he won't listen. What?
但他不听我说,说什么,
Yeah what do you need?
喂,什么事
Well I'm in bed thinking of you.
我在床上,想你
No you're not.
不,你没想我
You know my meeting's in five minutes
你知道我还有五分钟就要开会
and you're trying to throw me off my game.
你想打乱我阵脚
Well that's true but I'm still thinking of you.
没错,但我也确实在想你
Of course you are. Do you hear my voice?
你当然想我啦,你能听见我吗
I am not thrown.
我没有被打乱阵脚
Well you shouldn't have wimped out last night Eli.
你昨晚不该临阵脱逃的,伊莱
You'd be right here in my bed with me.
不然,此刻你就正躺在我的床上
I gotta go now Ms. Hall and kick your ass.
我得挂了,豪尔女士,我要去打败你
But it's been nice talking to you.
但跟你聊得很愉快
Eli sorry to keep you waiting.
伊莱,抱歉让你久等了
Spencer no trouble.
斯宾塞,没关系
Remember Mrs. Florrick?
还记得福瑞克夫人吗
I promised I'd drag her along.
我答应你要把她拉来的
Yes hello Alicia.
记得,你好,艾丽西亚
That's a beautiful suit.
套装很漂亮
Oh thank you. Um
谢谢
do you mind if we just take one second?
你介意我们私聊几分钟吗
No problem. I'll be right back.
没关系,我一会儿回来
What the heck?
搞什么
Tell him Caitlin.
跟他说,凯特琳
I'm sorry. I wanted to get to you earlier.
抱歉,我先前就想跟你说的
This is not about the Defense of Marriage Act Eli.
他们的目标不是《婚姻保护法案》伊莱
I was studying up on this meeting
我研究了这次会议
and one thing that didn't make sense
有一点很不合常理
is why GLAC needed a crisis manager
为什么GLAC需要一个危机管理专家
to fight against the Defense of Marriage Act
来反抗《婚姻保护法案》呢
when in fact the National Committee was handling it.
况且国家同性恋委员会已经在处理这事
And then I was reading some gay blogs...
然后我读了一些同性恋博客...
Can we talk about this after the meeting?
我们能会开完再说吗
Eli this is the meeting.
伊莱,这就是会议的内容
Spencer Roth wrote a letter
斯宾塞·罗思以GLAC代理主席的身份
in support of the proposed AT&T merger
写信支持AT&T和TMoble
with TMobile as acting head of GLAC.
这两大通信公司的合并
AT&T supposedly gave GLAC a $60000 grant.
据传,AT&T给了GLAC六万资金,
When was this?
这事什么时候发生的
Last week.
上周
This isn't about the Defense of Marriage Act.
这和《婚姻保护法案》无关
This is about damage control.
而是为了控制损害
The GLAC board doesn't want to be criticized
GLAC董事会不想因涉及此次合并
for its involvement in this merger.
而被批评
But why say it's about the Defense of Marriage?
但为什么宣称和《婚姻保护法案》有关呢
Because they don't want to make it public
因为他们不想让
they're shopping for crisis managers.
正在物色危机管理专家的消息传出去
We have to change the pitch right now.
我们得马上调整口号
Attacking the GLAC board is attacking gays.
"攻击GLAC董事会就是攻击同性恋"
Eli.
伊莱
Too cynical?
太极端了?
Thank Caitlin.
你应该谢谢凯特琳
Thank you.
谢谢你
Uhoh. This is about Will.
是威尔的事
I'll catch up.
你们先聊
Hello.
你好
I don't understand. I know.
我不太明白,我知道,
I thought Wendy ScottCarr
我以为温迪·斯科特卡尔
was targeting the McDermott case.
揪着麦克德莫特的案子呢
I never worked on that.
我都没参与过那个案子
I know.
我知道
So... why?
那...为什么呢
Well she'll probably push you on things
她可能会逼你问你一些
Mr. Gardner did that she
加德纳先生做过的
could paint as legally questionable.
她可以渲染为不太合法的事
A prosecutor can ask anything at a grand jury hearing.
检方可以在大陪审团听证时问任何问题
So what do you know that could hurt him?
你知道什么可能对他不利的事吗
Alicia Florrick.
艾丽西娅·福瑞克
Florrick
福瑞克
The same spelling as my husband Peter the State's Attorney.
姓的拼写和我丈夫州检察官彼得的一样
Thank you.
谢谢
For the sake of disclosure
为公开起见
have we met before?
我们之前见过吗
Yes last year during the State's Attorney election.
见过,去年,州检察官选举期间
I believe you lost to my husband.
你输给了我丈夫
How long have you worked at Lockhart/Gardner Mrs. Florrick?
你在洛&加律所工作多久了,福瑞克夫人
Two and a half years.
两年半
Who hired you?
谁雇的你呢
Will Gardner.
威尔·加德纳
You were friends in college?
你们大学期间是朋友
Yes at Georgetown.
是,在乔治城大学
How long had it been since you'd last practiced law?
你受雇时,多久没有从事法律职业了
13 years.
13年,
I took time off to raise my children.
我用这段时间养育孩子了
A 13year layoff.
13年不曾工作
That was quite generous of Mr. Gardner.
加德纳先生的雇佣真是慷慨
Have you ever seen Mr. Gardner do anything that you'd consider illegal?
你见过加德纳先生做任何你认为违法的事情吗
Not that I recall.
就我回忆,没有
Since joining his firm at any time
你加入他的律所后
have you been engaged in a sexual relationship with Mr. Gardner?
你和加德纳先生,发生过性关系吗
I don't see how that's relevant.
我不明白这有什么关系
The jury is entitled
陪审团有权知道
to know the true nature of your relationship with him.
你和他关系的性质
This line of questioning is inappropriate.
你这么问不合宜
The jury needs to know she has an incentive to protect him.
陪审团需要知道,她有动机保护他
You asked me what I thought about their relationship
你问我认为他们的关系如何
and I told you... in confidence.
我告诉了你,私下说的
If you're not comfortable Mr. Agos
如果你不满意,艾格斯先生
you are free to step out.
你可以离开
Mrs. Florrick one more time.
福瑞克女士,再问一次
While working at his firm at any time
你在他的律所工作期间
have you and Will Gardner engaged
你与威尔·加德纳有过
in a sexual relationship?
性关系吗
Yes.
有过
Is this sexual relationship still active?
现在仍保持性关系吗
No.
不,
When did this relationship begin?
你们这种关系何时开始的
In the spring.
春天
And when did it end?
何时结束的
A few months ago.
几个月前
During the course of this relationship with Mr. Gardner
在与加德纳先生保持这种关系期间
was your office moved to the 28th floor
你的办公室是否搬到了28楼
the same floor as the senior partners'?
与高级合伙人同一楼层
Yes.
是的
And in that time had you been advised
那时你是否被告知
that you were on a track to make partner?
你正走在成为合伙人的道路上
Mrs. Florrick would you please take your seat?
福瑞克女士,可否请你坐下
No.
不,
I need to ask you to sit.
我要求你坐下
No. Thank you.
不,谢谢
The witness has not been excused!
证人还不能离开
You are out of control.
你太离谱了
Mrs. Florrick if you do not sit back down
福瑞克女士,如果你不坐回去
I will have you held in contempt.
你将被视作藐视当庭
Fine. Arrest me.
好啊,逮捕我吧
Mrs. Florrick?
福瑞克夫人
Hi. You zipped out of there.
你这么快就出来了
I didn't get a chance to do a postmortem.
我还没机会和你讨论这次听证呢
The transcript of the hearing it'll be released to the public?
听证记录,会对外公开吗
Only if Mr. Gardner's indicted.
如果加德纳先生被起诉的话
Otherwise it stays sealed.
不然,就会封存
What happened in there?
里面发生了什么事
I've got to talk to my kids.
我得和孩子们谈谈
You're so funny.
你真有趣
You're so spontaneous.
你真率性
Like a youth in May. Say when.
像初生牛犊,你说停我就停
Keep going. Keep... Yeah that's perfect.
继续倒,继续...够了
So what's the surprise?
什么惊喜
You called saying you had a surprise?
你打电话说有个惊喜
Yes um...
是的...
The surprise is...
惊喜是...
I desire you too.
我也想要你
Oh now you're just trying to throw me off my game?
现在你想打乱我的阵脚
I am but I still desire you.
我是想,不过我的确想要你
Really? Okay? Well then let's go do something about it.
真的吗,那么,我们干点什么吧
My apartment's 15 minutes away.
我的公寓离这里15分钟
Mine's ten. You're playing chicken.
我家10分钟哦,你在跟我玩比胆量
I am and I'm good at it.
是的,这游戏我很拿手
Mm. You don't see me swerving off the road.
我可不会避开
Then don't.
那就不要避开
We're gonna crash.
那我们要撞车了哦
Unless you swerve.
除非你躲避
I got the GLAC account.
我得到了GLAC这个客户
Oh what's happened?
怎么回事
Where's that desire?
你的欲望哪去了
I don't believe you.
我不相信
You were expecting a call from GLAC about an hour ago.
一小时前GLAC就该给你打电话
You didn't get it.
你却没等到
I did. Oh fish.
我等到了,擦,
I still desire you Stacie.
我还是想要你,史黛西
The way a victor desires his spoils.
就像胜利者想要他的战利品
That's right.
没错
Get those tiny little wheels turning in your head.
动动你的小脑瓜子
"Which way should I play this?
"我该表现出什么反应"
Contrite and compliant or tough and brash?"
授首请降,还是负隅顽抗
Okay. Let's go.
好吧,我们走
Let's have intercourse.
我们去性交
Ladies and gentlemen of the grand jury
大陪审团的女士们先生们
the hour has grown late.
时间不早了
If there are no further questions
如果没有其它问题
the People of Illinois ask that you vote a true bill
伊利诺斯州检方请求你们投票决定
to indict Mr. Gardner on the charges of conspiracy to commit bribery
以行贿和妨碍司法人员的罪名
and interfering with a judicial officer
正式起诉加德纳先生
class three and class two felonies.
三级和二级重罪
Please signify by raising your hands.
请举手示意
I've got a question?
我有个问题
Excuse me?
什么
You said if there are no further questions.
你说,如果没有问题了,就开始投票
I have a question.
我有个问题
Yes. I'm sorry please.
是,抱歉,请说
Who is this Peter everyone was talking about?
大家都提到的彼得是谁
That would be Peter Florrick the State's Attorney.
那是彼得·福瑞克,州检察官
He hired Ms. ScottCarr
他聘任了斯科特卡尔女士
to conduct this investigation.
进行此项调查
Uhhuh okay.
好吧
So then isn't it weird to bring in his wife?
那让他老婆作证不是很奇怪吗
I'm sorry.
我,我很抱歉
By law we are permitted to only answer questions
根据法律,我们只能回答
about the facts of the case
与案情有关的问题
but if you're asking...
但如果你是问...
I mean who cares who she sleeps with?
我的意思是,谁在乎她跟谁睡觉
If she's getting some great.
如果她爽到了,那恭喜
Here's what I don't get.
我不明白的是
Why even go after Will Gardner?
何必去搞这威尔·加德纳呢
Why not that judge guy?
为什么不是那个法官
Well again by law we are not permitted..
还是那句话,根据法律,我们不能回答...
I mean at least Will Gardner answered the questions
至少威尔·加德纳回答了问题
The judge just kept taking the Fifth. I know.
那法官就知道引用第五修正案,就是啊,
I didn't get that eith.
我也搞不懂
Maybe this judge knows Peter Florrick.
说不定这法官认识彼得·福瑞克
Maybe they should both be arrested...
也许应该把他们俩都抓起来...
You know what? That'sthat's not...
是这样,这不是...
I think Florrick and the judge are in it together.
我认为福瑞克和那法官是一伙的
Yeahyeah why don't you bring in that guy?
没错,你们怎么不让他出庭
That was some good fishing
擦,很爽哟
Hey ummcould you grab my robe for me please?
你能把睡袍递给我吗
Oh yeah. Hey what do you think of that?
对哦,你觉得那怎么样
I mean it's just a mockup.
这只是个样本
I told Vanessa a deeper blue border
我跟凡妮莎讲,深蓝色边框
would really make it pop.
让传单更显眼
You're working on my exwife's campaign?
你在帮我前妻竞选?
Only 'cause she asked me.
那是因为她拜托我的嘛
She threw me a lot of business in D.C.
在华盛顿,她给我带来不少生意
That's why I'm here. To see this?
你就为了这让我来的,就为了看这个?
Eli I desire you.
伊莱,我想要你
You're home early.
你回家挺早啊
What's wrong?
怎么了
Nothing. I just... Um...
没什么,我只是
I want to talk to you.
我想跟你们谈谈
What did we do?
我们做错什么了
You didn't do anything. It...
你们没做错什么,是...
God paranoid... You were thinking the same thing.
你真是受虐妄想狂,你不跟我想的一样嘛,
Hello? Hi. It's Kalinda.
你好,嗨,我凯琳达,
I know. What's wrong?
我知道,怎么了
Nothing.
没啥
No bill.
拒绝起诉了
What? I don't... I don't understand.
什么,我不明白
They didn't indict a ham sandwich.
大陪审团没有起诉"火腿三明治"
You're kidding?
你开玩笑吧
No. Will is free.
没,威尔没事了
How is that possible?
这怎么可能
Um we don't know.
我们也不知道
We're still trying to figure that out.
我们也想弄明白
You should come on down here. We're having a party.
你该过来,我们在开派对
Oh um no. Thanks though.
不了,谢谢
And... Kalinda th... thank you for calling.
还有,凯琳达,谢谢你打过来
No problem.
没什么
Come on let's dance. Oh no I don't dance.
来吧,咱们跳舞,不,我不会跳,
No I have to drink a lot to dance
不行,我要喝很多酒才能跳舞
and I don't like to drink a lot no.
但我不想喝太多酒,别
Well this is the one exception. Come on.
今天是唯一的例外,来吧
No no. Seriously you do it.
别别,真的,你跳吧
That was a close one. Yes.
这次很惊险,是的,
Let's try and reduce the excitement level from now on shall we?
以后咱们别再玩得这么刺激啦,如何
What is it Mom?
妈,什么事
Nothing. Just something at work.
没什么,工作上的事
Was it good?
是好事吗
Yes...
是的
It is oddly.
虽然离奇,但的确是
You wanted to talk to us?
你要跟我们谈谈?
I did didn't I?
的确,是要谈
I haven't been the best of moms.
这阵子我这个妈妈有些失职
Mom. How?
妈,怎么会,
I want to change all that.
我想做出改变
I um...
我,
I think I should take a week off work
我觉得我该请一周假
and we should go on vacation.
我们一起去度个假
Ms. ScottCarr.
斯科特卡尔女士
I wanted to thank you for your service.
我想要感谢你的效力
You're excused.
你可以走了
Peter we can still indict Will Gardner.
彼得,我们还是可以指控威尔·加德纳
With the next grand jury I'll I'll take... No.
下个大陪审团,我会让... 不
No.
不,
We're done.
结束了
There are other ways.
还有别的方法
Like calling my wife?
比如传唤我的妻子?
It was a strategic move.
这只是种策略
Thank you for your service.
感谢你的效力
My assistant will validate your parking.
我的助理会处理你的停车票
I'm sending these infractions of Mr. Gardner's to the bar association.
我要把加德纳的这些违规行为上报到律师协会
If you won't pursue him they will.
如果你不追究,他们会
Do what you got to do.
你该干嘛干嘛
Now get out of my office.
现在给我出去

重点单词   查看全部解释    
corrupt [kə'rʌpt]

想一想再看

adj. 腐败的,堕落的
vt. 使 ...

联想记忆
victor ['viktə]

想一想再看

n. 胜利者 Victor: 维克托(男子名)

联想记忆
senior ['si:njə]

想一想再看

adj. 年长的,高级的,资深的,地位较高的

联想记忆
grant [grɑ:nt]

想一想再看

n. 授予物,补助金; 同意,给予
n. 财产

 
prosecute ['prɔsikju:t]

想一想再看

vt. 对 ... 提起公诉,彻底进行,追捕,经营,从事

联想记忆
jury ['dʒuəri]

想一想再看

n. 陪审团,评委会
adj. 临时用的

联想记忆
charming ['tʃɑ:miŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 迷人的

联想记忆
familiarity [fə.mili'æriti]

想一想再看

n. 亲密,熟悉,精通,不拘礼节

联想记忆
track [træk]

想一想再看

n. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲
v. 跟踪

 
strategist ['strætidʒist]

想一想再看

n. 战略家,军事家,策士

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。