手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《傲骨贤妻》 > 傲骨贤妻第三季 > 正文

傲骨贤妻第三季(MP3+中英字幕):第12集 证词是你的最佳记忆

来源:可可英语 编辑:clover   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Do you want the spot?

你要站在这里吗
Do I want the spot?
站在这里?
Oh I'm sorry I thought...
抱歉,我以为...
Nothing.
没什么
What's the spot?
站在这里有什么
Oh well if you stand right here you can see
如果你站在这个点上
the painter's signature.
你能看见画家的签名
The light catches it just right.
这里的光线正好
Ah then sure yeah I do want the spot.
啊,当然了,我愿意站在这里
Where am I looking?
签名在哪儿啊
Oh... the inside top of the right thigh.
右边大腿内侧
That wasn't a pickup line.
我可不是和你搭讪
I did think you wanted the spot.
我是以为你想站在那里
I know I just like your voice.
我知道,我只是喜欢你的声音
I wanted to hear it again.
我想再听一遍
That's a madeup accent isn't it?
你这口音是装出来的吧
Yes I use it to impress women in museums.
是的,我用这口音来吸引博物馆里的女人
Australians don't ask what people do?
澳洲人不问别人的职业?
Oh we do. We just wait. For?
问的,只是要等机会,什么机会,
Events to evolve.
要等话题展开
Oh and how might they evolve?
要怎么展开话题呢
Well you will ask me in a few minutes
几分钟内你就会问我
what I do for a living.
我是做什么工作的
Because I'm an American?
因为我是个美国人吗
Mmhmm yes and because it's a natural question
嗯,而且这也是个自然的问题
and that is why I have to ask you to dinner.
所以我得先请你共进晚餐
You have to ask me to dinner before I ask you what you do?
你得先请我共进晚餐,然后我才能问你的职业?
Yes do you promise to meet me?
是的,你保证会来吗
I can't do that.
我不能保证啊
First tell me what you do and then I'll decide.
先告诉我你是做什么的,然后我再决定
I like you Diane.
我喜欢你,戴安
And I'm only doing this because this is my job.
我只是职责在身
You've been served.
你被传唤了
You're not becoming one of those over protective moms are you?
你不会成为一个过度保护儿女的妈妈吧
I might be.
有可能哦
Mrs. Hartly?
哈特利太太?
Wasn't she your teacher in middle school? Yeah.
她不是你们初中时的老师吗,对,
Lillian and Mrs. Brooks.
莉莉安和布鲁克斯太太
Where have they been?
他们上哪儿去了
"Those poor disadvantaged children."
"那些贫穷困苦的孩子"
"Can you imagine going to a public school?"
"你能想象上公立学校是怎样的情形吗"
Since when did I raise such sarcastic kids?
我家孩子怎么变得这么会挖苦人了
Who's that?
那是谁
I think that's Kelsey's dad.
好像是凯尔西的爸爸
No I think they moved away.
不对,我记得他家人都搬走了
I think he wants you.
看上去他要找你
Maybe he's a teacher?
说不定他是个老师
Yes?
你好
Mrs. Florrick?
福瑞克太太吗
Yes.
是的
So are you dating anyone?
你现在有女友吗
Off and on.
分合聚散
You are the definition of "Off and on" Will.
你就是万花丛中过的典范,威尔
You gotta get serious sometime.
你迟早得严肃恋爱一次
Who says?
谁说的
The Pope I think.
大概是教皇吧
Well your time's up
好了,你的时间到了
and someone's wait to cut in.
有人要找你
Where are you Will?
威尔,你在哪儿
Leaving a wedding.
刚从一个婚礼出来
I think Wendy ScottCarr is coming after me
我觉得温迪·斯科特卡尔
with a grand jury summons.
要传唤我去接受大陪审团调查了
I uh Will we're on speakerphone.
威尔,我们开了免提
Uh the summons isn't about you.
传唤不是针对你的
We got served too Alicia myself and David Lee.
艾丽西娅,我,大卫·李,也被传唤了
What? Why?
什么,为什么
It's one of David Lee's divorces the Huntley divorce.
是大卫·李的一桩离婚案,亨特利离婚案
The wife of the venture capitalist?
风险投资家的老婆?
We did well by her didn't we?
我们干的不错啊,是不是
Half his business assets the house in Highland Park
她拿到了他一半的财产,高地公园的房子
and sole custody of their daughter.
还有他们女儿的单独监护权
She's not suing .
起诉的人不是她
The husband is.
是她老公
What for being too effective?
起诉我们干得太好了吗
No.
不是
Alienation of affection.
离间夫妻感情
You're kidding.
开玩笑呢吧
What is this the '30s?
这算什么罪名,30年代的?
No we're one of seven states that still has it on the books.
不,我们是全国最后七个还有这罪名的州之一
Yeah as a joke
对,就是个笑料
as a Depressionera curiosity.
就是大萧条时期遗留下来的古董法律
What he's saying we split them up?
他说我们害他们离婚吗
That's crazy.
太扯淡了
Yes and his lawyer is coming here in a few hours
是的,他的律师几小时内就到
to talk settlement.
来谈调解方案
You think the timing's suspicious?
你觉得这个时间很可疑?
I do. Three days bere we refinance?
是的,三天后我们就要重新融资
We're going through a short term liquidity problem
我们遇上了短期流动资产问题
nothing to worry about.
没什么可担心的
Okay I'm coming in.
好的,我来了
We need to get this off the books fast.
我们得赶快解决这个问题
Where's David Lee? What's he saying about this?
大卫·李在哪儿,他怎么说
What the hell?
搞什么搞
Now I'm being penalized for doing my job well?
我工作做得好也要受惩罚?
I uh uh sssee you in a few minutes Will.
待会见,威尔
You know what?
知道吗
We countersue.
我们要反诉
It's the principle of the thing.
这就是我们的应对原则
So David not to pry but did you enlist?
大卫,不是我问东问西,你入伍了?
Yes I was getting bored.
对,我干律师干得无聊了
The Yale Club.
是耶鲁大学俱乐部
I was served backstage during Gilbert and Sullivan.
我在歌剧吉尔伯特和苏利文的后台收到了传票
Alicia you were on the Huntley divorce your first year.
艾丽西娅,你是工作第一年时处理的亨特利离婚案
He was sleeping with some stripper.
他在和某个脱衣舞女偷腥
Good that's what we need.
好,要的就是这个
There can't be alienation of affection
老公在外面偷腥
if the husband was cheating.
怎么还能说我们离间夫妻感情
Get Kalinda.
去找凯琳达
There's uh there's nothing I need to know here
这事没什么内情吧
is there David? What do you mean?
是吗,大卫,什么意思,
I think you know what I mean.
我想你懂我意思
This was a straight division of assets.
这就是一次直截了当的财产分割
We were there for her we did right by her.
我们一直帮她,也做得很好
Good.
那好
Doesn't let up does it? Not often.
总有麻烦事,是吧,差不多,
Is everything all right?
一切还好吧
Yeah I was at a wedding.
是的,我在参加婚礼
No I mean the Wendy ScottCarr thing.
不,我是说温迪那件事
Yeah don't worry something I'm handling you know.
嗯,别担心,我正处理着呢
This is an easy lawsuit.
这是件简单的案子
We just need to get to the wife. She...
我们只需要联系一下他老婆,她
I thought I'd dress up for this lawyer.
我觉得我要打扮一番见这个律师
We just need to get to the wife get her on record.
我们只需要联系他老婆,让她作证
What's her name? April Huntley.
她叫什么,艾波·亨特利,
Right she hired us he didn't.
对,是她雇的我们,不是她老公
She's the one who wanted the divorce.
是女方想要离婚
We didn't force anything on her.
我们什么都没强迫她做
She's still a client?
她还是我们客户吗
Julius is primary on her business holdings.
朱利叶斯主管她的商业财产
I'll call him?
我找他?
No Will you talk to her.
不,威尔,你来和她说
Why?
为什么
Because Will can talk to her.
因为威尔能和她说上话
Do we know her husband's attorney?
知道她丈夫的律师是谁吗
No someone from L.A.
不知道,洛杉矶来的一个人
L.A.? Why L.A.?
洛杉矶,为什么从洛杉矶找人
It's freezing outside.
外面冻死人了
Yes I know it's January.
是啊,这可是一月份
All this affection for seasons.
人们这么喜欢季节变化
I don't understand.
我真是不懂
I think it's about change.
我觉得就是变化吧
Yeah change it's monstrous.
是啊,变化,变化最可怕
Hmm. May I help you?
有什么能帮你的吗
I'm Burl Preston for Diane Lockhart.
我叫伯尔·普雷斯顿,找戴安·洛克哈特
He's really suing us.
他真的起诉我们了
We thought you could sign an affidavit
我们想让你签一份书面陈述
saying you asked us for the divorce.
说明是你让我们打离婚官司的
Jake is such a turd.
杰克真是个混蛋
He'really suing you?
他真的起诉你们了?
April how does Jake know Burl Preston?
艾波,杰克怎么认识伯尔·普雷斯顿的
Burl who?
伯尔什么
Preston.
普雷斯顿
He's an L.A. lawyer a top L.A. Lawyer.
他是洛杉矶的律师,顶级律师
Oh it must be from one of his companies.
一定是在他的公司里认识的
Why?
怎么了
I'm just surprised he would take this case.
我很奇怪他会接这个案子
Maybe he wants part of the $44 million.
可能他想从这4400万分一杯羹
Will you there?
威尔,你还在吗
Yes I'm here.
是,我在
How did you know your husband was suing for $44 million?
你怎么知道你丈夫要索赔4400万
How did I know?
我怎么知道的
You said.
你刚说的
No I didn't.
不,我没说
Ms. Lockhart
洛克哈特女士
I always seem to visiting you during the cold months.
我好像总是在冷天拜访你
Yes I don't suppose you would fly us out to L.A. for the depositions?
是啊,我觉得你不会让我们飞去洛杉矶作证吧
Ah now there's an idea.
你这主意不错
I uh I don't think you've met.
你俩应该没见过
Captain David Lee I was the divorce attorney.
我是大卫·李上尉,我就是那个离婚律师
So you're the one who wrested control of my client's companies?
你就是夺取了我委托人公司的那个了
Uh no I think he should look to his wife for that.
不,我认为他应该找他老婆去
We just got her... David stop.
我们只不过让她... 打住,大卫,
Mr. Gardner hello.
加德纳先生,你好
Good to see you again. They have her.
很高兴再次见到你,她在他们一边,
They have Mrs. Huntley.
亨特利太太在他们一边
That's right Mr. And Mrs. Huntley have reconciled.
没错,亨特利夫妇和好了
You broke up their marriage
你们拆散了他们的婚姻
and hastily sold off their most valuable asset.
仓促地卖掉了他们最有价值的资产
It was a fair division of assets.
那是公平的财产分割
For you yes.
对你们而言,是的
Bubble Elastic was a company owned by Mr. Huntley.
BE公司是亨特利先生的企业
Mrs. Huntley gained control of it during the divorce.
离婚期间,亨特利太太获得了它的控制权
Exactly she gained control.
没错,她获得了控制权
Until you helped her sell it earlier this year at a loss.
直到今年初你们折价帮她出售了公司
It's now worth $44 million.
这家公司现在价值4400万
This is not a harassment suit.
这不是一起骚扰诉讼
You conspired to end this marriage for your financial gain.
你们为己之利阴谋拆散这桩婚姻
As a result my client lost out on a $44 million windfall
结果我的委托人损失了4400万
and that is the amount you will pay.
这就是你们要偿付的代价
Wait a minute!
等等再说
This was always part of the equity partner agreement.
这是写在权益合伙人协议里的
I have no control over family law.
家庭法律部不归我管
Why should I be held accountable for his screwups?
我为什么要为他搞砸的事埋单
My screwups? I did not...
我搞砸的事?我没搞砸
Okay okay hold it together guys.
好了好了,淡定点伙计们
No I'm not going to take that from him.
不,我不接受这个人这样说我
Him? Julius.
这个人?朱利叶斯
My name is Julius. All right all right listen up!
我叫朱利叶斯,好啦,听我说,
We need to win.
我们要赢
Malpractice insurance won't cover this.
失职保险不管这个
It's an intentional tort
我们被诉故意侵权
so we are all on the hook for $1.2 million.
所以我们每人要赔120万
Excuse me?
什么
We're on the hook for $1.2 million.
我们每人赔120万
All of the equity partners share everything
所有权益合伙人都有份
in sickness and in health.
同甘共苦
Who is he?
他是谁
Um I just signed the equity partner agreement last week
我上周才签了权益合伙人协议
and you're telling me I owe you $1.2 million?
你现在告诉我我欠你120万?
Only if we lose Eli.
如果我们输了的话,伊莱
Which given David Lee and his methods
根据大卫·李和他的手段
seems highly likely.
输的可能性大大的
Oh go to hell Julius.
去死吧,朱利叶斯
There I said your name. Happy?
我叫你名字了,开心了?
I'll be happy when you're disbarred.
你被吊销执照我才开心呢
How about that? You're a moron!
这个怎么样,你是个蠢货
Bring it on.
放马过来吧
What is going on here?
这是在干嘛呐
One happy family.
相亲相爱一家人啊
Could you uh buzz Diane Lockhart?
能请你给戴安·洛克哈特打个电话吗
Excuse me this is a place of business.
打扰了,这是办公场所
Yes hi.
是的,你好
Tori get security.
托里,叫保安
If you want to serve someone
如果你要给某人送传票
you can leave it with the receptionist.
你可以把它留在前台
No I'm not here to...
不,我不是来送传票的
I'm here for Diane on a personal matter.
我来找戴安是有私事
Yeah it's all personal.
是啊,都是私事
Mike can you escort this process server
迈克,你能把这位传票送达员
down to the lobby please?
送到大厅吗,谢谢
Sir.
请走吧先生
Please give this to her okay?
请把这个给她,好吗
You can leave it with the receptionist.
你可以放在前台
The photos are real.
照片是真的
He did meet and sleep with the stripper.
他确实与脱衣舞女上床了
But...?
但是呢
It wasn't purely spontaneous.
但并不完全是他自愿的
We did not.
不会是我们下的套吧
No we didn't.
倒也不是
Mrs. Huntley wanted full custody of her daughter.
亨特利太太想要女儿的完全监护权
That was unlikely
那太难了
so David Lee asked me to set up a DUI trap.
所以大卫·李让我弄个酒驾陷阱
The stripper wasn't supposed to sleep with him
那个舞女并不是被派去跟他上床
just get him drinking above the legal limit
任务只是让他饮酒过量
and then a cop I called pulled him over.
而后,我叫的警察拦下了他
I mean it worked.
这办法确实奏效了
The husband had a DUI just before the custody hearing.
丈夫在监护权听证前有了酒驾记录
He lost custody.
便失去了监护权
You have such lofty goals when you start a law firm
带着那么崇高的目标开个律所
dreams of fighting injustice righting wrongs.
梦想着为正义奋斗,矫正不公
Again the point wasn't to get him to sleep with her.
再次声明,本来目标不是让他们上床的
Mr. Huntley acted on his own there.
亨特利先生正好表现了本性而已
Was this discussed with the client?
这事和委托人说过吗
Mrs. Huntley?
亨特利太太?
Not to my knowledge.
这我就不清楚了
She just wanted full custody of her daughter.
她只是想要女儿的完全监护权而已
This was David Lee going the extra mile.
是大卫·李想出这么个超常规的办法
Yep good old David Lee.
没错,我们亲爱的大卫·李
Was this written down anywhere this DUI trap?
这个酒驾陷阱有书面记录吗
Possibly in David's notes but I'm not sure.
大卫可能做了笔记,我不确定
Okay we'll try to limit discovery.
好吧,我们要努力缩小信息披露的范围
Kalinda you do a document sweep.
凯琳达,你去做档案查询
We need to know what skeletons are rattling around.
我们得知道哪些部分有问题
And Alicia you're the David Lee wrangler.
艾丽西娅,你去呵护大卫·李
Will do you have a minute?
威尔,有时间谈一下吗
Thank you Alicia Kalinda.
谢谢你们,艾丽西娅,凯琳达
We can't catch a breath can we?
我们连喘口气的时间都没,是吧
You need to hire a lawyer.
你得请个律师
We can handle this. No.
我们能处理好,我们不行,
I mean Wendy ScottCarr.
我指的是温迪·斯科特卡尔那事
I have a few names.
我有个推荐律师名单
No it's all right.
不用,我能搞定
I'm interviewing Jason Cline and Lionel Deerfield.
我即将面试克莱恩和迪尔菲尔德
They're good.
他们很不错
We don't want this to go to a grand jury.
我们不希望这事闹到大陪审团面前去
I know.
我知道
You're okay? I am.
你还好? 很好,
If this starts impacting the firm
如果这件事开始影响律所的利益
we'll have to talk.
我们就需要好好谈谈了
Will there is nothing we'll ever have to talk about.
威尔,我们不需要谈任何事
This is a State's Attorney witch hunt.
这只是州检察官的政治迫害行为
That's all.
仅此而已
We're in this together.
我和你站在一起
It's probably too early to drink.
现在就喝一杯好像还有点早
Another two hours.
再等两个小时吧
You need a lawyer.
你需要个律师
I need a lawyer.
我需要个律师
Thanks for coming in Jason.
多谢你过来,杰森
I seem to be the State's Attorney's target of the month.
我成了州检察官的本月目标
Yeah. I think this investigation
没错,我觉得这个关于,
into judicial bribery is getting more serious.
司法贿赂的调查越来越来真的了
Don't worry. You'll be fine.
不用担心,你会没事的
I will?
会吗
Oh yeah.
当然
This is a little hiccup.
这只是个暂时的小问题
The State's Attorney just needs to...
州检察官只是需要...
throw its weight around a little bit.
展示一下自己的手腕
What about a grand jury?
那大陪审团呢
Oh. Grand juries.
大陪审团嘛
They're a joke.
他们就是个笑话
I'm a fighter.
我是个斗士
We'll fight them together.
我们去跟他们干一仗
He told me my husband was cheating on me.
他说我丈夫出轨了
He showed me pictures.
他给我看了照片
I was stunned.
我都惊呆了
I trusted my lawyer. I trusted my firm.
我相信了我的律师和我的律所
But your husband did cheat on you?
但你丈夫确实出轨了啊
No. He said he had never met that woman before.
没有,他说他之前从没见过那女人
She sat down next to him and offered to buy a drink.
她在他身边坐下,请了他一杯酒
But this is him kissing her isn't it?
但照片里是他在吻她,不是吗
It was a peck a peck on the cheek.
那只是在脸颊上象征性的一吻
And didn't he say this was a setup by your divorce lawyer?
他还说这些都是被你的律师陷害的,对吗
Would you like to take over the questioning Mr. Preston?
你想做质询方吗,普雷斯顿先生
No but I thought we might cut to the chase.
不,但我觉得该谈重点问题了
Okay. Here's the chase.
好的,那我来谈重点
You came to David Lee to divorce your husband?
你当初找大卫·李,是为了离婚吗
No. I came to David Lee for advice.
不,我是找他寻求建议
Is this your signature
这是你在律师当事人
on the attorneyclient retainer agreement?
代理合同上签的字吗
And what does it say on the top there?
合同开头写的什么呢
"Intent to divorce."
自愿离婚,
April did you try
艾波,你在决定离婚前
to reconcile with your husband before the divorce?
曾尝试过和丈夫和解吗
Yes twice.
试过,两次
And when you told your divorce attorney this?
当你把这种想法告诉律师时,他怎么说
He showed me these pictures.
他给我看了这些照片
Of course I showed her the pictures.
当然,我给她看了照片
She was wanting to reconcile with the bum.
她想跟那个混蛋和好
And you didn't want that?
而你不希望这样,是吗
If I'm a shoe salesman and you come to buy shoes
如果我是个卖鞋商人,你来买鞋
it's not my job to talk you out of it.
我没理由说服你不要买吧
It's my job to find a good shoe for you.
我的工作是给你找双好鞋
Twice she tried to reconcile.
她两次尝试和好
Twice she came to you to call off the divorce.
她两次来找你撤销离婚诉讼
Twice you convinced her not to.
你两次说服了她不要撤销
Because he was shtupping a stripper.
因为她丈夫和一个脱衣舞娘有染
That was not proven. Mr. Huntley denies...
这并无证据,亨特利先生否认...
Oh my God. He does?
哦天呐,他否认
How could I have been so mistaken?
我怎么犯了这么大的错哟
Mr. Lee was speaking sarcastically.
李先生在讽刺
Who do you call a true friend?
你认为什么样的人是真正的朋友呢
The one who sees your husband shtupping a stripper
看到你丈夫跟脱衣舞娘上床后告诉你的人呢
and says nothing or the one who says something?
还是什么都不说的人
Did you hire the stripper?
你雇的那个脱衣舞娘吗
Did I what? Did I hire this woman? Are you crazy?
我什么,我雇的脱衣舞娘?你疯了吗
Please answer the question.
请正面回答这个问题
No I did not hire the stripper.
不,我没有雇她
You perjure yourself in here sir
你如果在这里作伪证
it's the equivalent of perjuring yourself court.
效果等同于在法庭上作伪证
Thank you.
多谢你
Go ahead and ask the question again.
你重问一遍问题吧
Did you hire this woman?
你雇了这个女人吗
No I did not hire the stripper pictured in those photos.
不,我没有雇照片里的那个脱衣舞女
I did lose my virginity when I was 14.
但我却在14岁时失去了童贞
I do have a secret crush on Jacqueline Onassis.
而且我暗恋杰奎琳·欧纳西
Okay thank you.
好的,谢谢
I didn't cry when the Challenger exploded.
挑战者号航天飞机爆炸时,我没哭
Thank you.
谢谢
Basically you're in trouble.
你有麻烦了
Thanks.
谢谢
I'm not here to sugarcoat it Will.
我不想捡好听的话哄你,威尔
You hire me I'll give it to you straight.
你要雇用我,我就实话实说
They're investigating you for arranging bribery
他们调查你行贿
and from the sound of it they have something.
看上去,他们手上有些证据
They have circumstantial something.
他们有些间接证据
For a grand jury that's enough.
对于大陪审团来说,那些足够了
And your defense?
你打算怎么辩护
Turn evidence.
检举同犯,争取立功
Against who? I don't have anything.
检举谁,我什么证据都没有
Everybody has something.
肯定有
Give it to them.
展示出来就是了
For a lighter sentence.
换取较轻的刑罚
How light?
多轻的刑罚
Two years maybe.
或许两年
Probation?
缓刑吗
No. Minimum security.
不,最低警戒监狱
Loss of your law license.
吊销律师执照
I could never practice law again?
那我再也不能从事律师行业了吗
That's right.
是的
God you're a bundle of laughs.
天呐,你真会说笑
Yep.
是的
Old age.
年纪大了
My cynicism seeping through like oil through a garden of leaves.
这股子愤世嫉俗挡都挡不住
Are you guys being sued?
你们被起诉了吧
I saw Burl Preston out there.
我看到伯尔·普雷斯顿在这儿了
Goodbye Lionel.
再见,莱昂内尔
Thank you.
谢谢
Is it true?
是真的吗
What? The Challenger?
什么,关于挑战者号航天飞机的事吗
Yes I didn't cry.
是的,我没哭
David.
大卫
Did you hire that stripper for a DUI trap?
是你雇用脱衣舞娘为他设下酒驾陷阱的吗
$44 million.
4400万美元,
That's what I just saved you in there.
我刚才的回答为你省了这笔钱
They can't prove we hired that stripper
他们没法证明我们雇用脱衣舞娘
the lawsuit goes away.
于是我们就能摆脱这案子
And you want to question that?
你对此有异议吗
I want to question you perjuring yourself.
我对你作伪证有异议
I told him the truth I did not hire her.
我说了真话,我没有雇用她
Kalinda did?
是凯琳达雇用的吗
This is an adult's game Diane.
戴安,这是个成人游戏
I'm fine if you don't want to play
如果你不配合的话,我没意见
but then don't ask the questions.
但是请你不要过问
And what about Alicia?
那么艾丽西娅呢
What about her? She's being deposed next.
艾丽西娅怎么了,她下一个作证,
Will she contradict you?
她的证词和你的会有出入吗
When you had your troubles with the Treasury the Treasury monitor...
那会儿财政部监察员找你麻烦的时候
Yes? The lawyer you used she was good?
怎么,你雇用的律师,她很不错吧,
Yeah she was great. What was her name?
是的,她棒极了,她叫什么名字,
Elsbeth Tascioni.
埃尔斯贝特·塔肖尼
Are you looking for a lawyer?
你在物色律师吗
I might be.
可能需要
Too bad there are none here.
真可惜你在我们律所找不到人
What's going on Will?
威尔,出什么事了
You don't have to tell me. It's not anything.
你不必告诉我,没什么,
I just don't want to make life more complicated.
我只是不想让生活变得更复杂
She's discreet this woman? Yes.
这个女人,她很谨慎吧,是的,
Um she's also different.
她还有些另类
I'm not sure how well you'll get along.
不知道你们能不能好好相处
Well is it worth a meeting?
她值得一见吗
It is.
是的
Don't judge by first impressions.
不要被初次印象所误导
Promise.
一定不会
Hi. Alicia how are you?
艾丽西娅,你好吗
Good. David what's up?
很好,大卫,什么事
I've done something for you.
我为你做了一些事
Your children's trust I decided to get a jump on it.
这是你孩子的信托合同,我提早做出来了
Okay thanks. No problem.
谢谢,没事,
Had to get done.
必须要做的
It was complicated because it had to anticipate
这比较复杂,因为要预测到
all the ways you might go with your husband.
你和你丈夫以后所有可能发生的情况
Separation divorce.
分居,离婚
So... you know my memory
我的记忆
not so good.
不是特别好
Anyway with your upcoming deposition
总之,你就要作证了
I just wanted to check my facts with you
我想核对一些情况
make sure we're in agreement.
以确保我们保持一致
You know?
你知道吗
Will they ever dump David Lee?
他们会把大卫·李踢出局吗
No. He brings in too much money.
不会,他带来了大量的收入
What if he was costing too much money?
如果因他损失了太多的钱呢
Well depends on how much money.
那要取决于是多少钱
It's not about love; it's about commerce.
这不是感情问题,是利益问题
So if I made a play?
如果我算计他呢
It would depend on the play.
那就取决于你的计策了
Okay. Thanks a lot.
好的,谢谢
But if you go after David Lee
如果你要算计大卫·李
you'd better win or it won't be pretty.
你最好有把握赢,要不然你会很惨
It's kind of nerveracking in here isn't it?
真伤脑筋,不是吗
Everybody ducking and covering?
每个人都在躲避,掩饰
No it seems fine to me.
不,我觉得没什么问题
Really?
真的吗
Then you're made of stronger stuff.
你真坚强
You uh...
你,
you know the penalty for perjury Mrs. Florrick?
福瑞克夫人,你知道作伪证的后果吗
I do.
是的
What is it?
后果是什么
Perjury is a class three felony resulting in imprisonment
作伪证是三级重罪
for no less than two years and no more than five.
罪犯要面临2至5年的监禁
Good.
很好
Thank you.
谢谢
In what capacity
在亨特利离婚案中
did you assist David Lee on the Huntley divorce?
你是怎么协助大卫·李的
Under his supervision I helped negotiate
在他的指导之下
the division of assets and execute the paperwork.
我协助协商资产分割事项和文件方面的工作
And what else?
还有什么
I'm not sure what you mean.
我不太确定你的意思
Didn't you also function as something of a handholder
你是不是也对我的委托人
for my client?
进行了安慰鼓励呢
No.
没有
You didn't?
你没有吗
I didn't.
我没有
Oh. I see.
我明白了
Let me try again.
我重问一遍
Did you function as handholder to April Huntley
你有没有对我委托人的妻子
the wife of my client?
艾波·亨特利进行安慰鼓励呢
I tried to comfort her. Yes.
是的,我试着安慰她
You told her you had also dealt with an unfaithful spouse?
你告诉她,你也经历过配偶不忠的情形?
We commiserated over similarities in our personal lives.
我们由于私生活中的相似经历而同病相怜
Did you express what a relief it was
你是否表达过离开不忠的丈夫
to be away from a cheating husband
是一种解脱
saying "You can't imagine the relief
原话是,"你无法想象
you feel that first night
当你离开他的第一晚
just being alone having a glass of wine"?
独自喝杯红酒时的解脱的感觉"?
Objection Mr. Preston.
反对,普雷斯顿先生
Are we really delving into Mrs. Florrick's private life?
有必要探寻福瑞克夫人的私生活吗
Only as far as Mrs. Florrick delved
只因为福瑞克夫人自己愿意
into it to further the firm's interests.
分享经历来为律所争取利益
Did you exploit your marital status
你是否利用了自己的婚姻状况
to influence my client's wife?
来影响我的委托人的妻子呢
Mrs. Huntley asked me about my own experiences
亨特利夫人询问了我的经历
and I shared those with her in an attempt to comfort.
我便讲出了我的经历,以求安慰她
That is all. To your knowledge
只是这样,据你所知,
did David Lee hire the stripper Alexandria
大卫·李是否雇佣了脱衣舞女亚历山德丽亚
to seduce my client?
来引诱我的委托人
No.
没有
You're under oath Mrs. Florrick.
福瑞克夫人,你宣过誓的
Yes I recognize that and my answer is still no.
是的,我知道,我的回答依然是没有
That seems to be your case Mr. Preston.
普雷斯顿先生,这就是你的问题的回答了
Shall we call it a day?
可以结束了吗
Uh just... just one more thing.
再问一个问题
Mrs. Florrick
福瑞克夫人
what is this?
这是什么
It appears to be a contract for the sale of Bubble Elastic.
看上去是一份出售BE公司的合同
It is in fact.
对的
Your law firm negotiated that sale?
是你的律所协商的这次出售吗
We did.
是的
Do you see that last line?
你看到最后一行了吗
What percentage did your law firm negotiate
根据协商,BE公司的未来收益,
for Bubble Elastic's future profits?
你律所将分得多少
It says five
这上面写的是5%
but I was not involved in that.
但我没有参与协商
I know.
我知道
But I thought a thirdyear associate who perjured herself...
但我认为一名作伪证的第三年的律师...
Objection.
反对
...would be the best one to read
会是最佳的,
about the demise of Lockhart/Gardner.
宣告洛克哈特&加德纳律所死讯的人
Is this a deposition or an attack?
这是取证会还是人身攻击啊
A little of both actually.
事实上,两者都有
That line there five percent means you made more
那一行,5%意味着你们从公司
from that company than Mrs. Huntley.
获取的利润比亨特利夫人还多
Does that sound fair Mrs. Florrick?
福瑞克夫人,这听上去合理吗
It sounds like a judgment call.
这听上去是你的主观见解
A legal judgment call.
是符合法律的主观见解
Ms. Lockhart is right.
洛克哈特女士是对的
I may not have you on alienation of affection
我确实不能以离间感情起诉你们
but I now have you on fraud.
但现在我可以起诉你们欺诈
We're done here. Thank you.
今天到此为止,谢谢你
Oh no.
别啊
We're just beginning.
我们才刚刚开始
It was money.
是为了赚钱
I was trying to make the firm money.
我只是想为律所赚钱
I'm not going to pay for his mistake.
我不会为他的错误埋单的
Well I'm not paying for yours.
我也不会为你的错误埋单
Okay let's all raise hands one at a time.
好了,让我们一个个的说
I got a five percent return on the company sale
我在公司交易中获得了5%的未来利润
I can't help it if David Lee got his client less.
是大卫·李没为他的委托人争取足够的份额
What? Are you kidding?
什么,你在开玩笑吗
And now he's abdicating responsibility.
这是他的渎职
Your left hand does not know what your right hand is doing.
看来你的左右手平时都不交流的
Why am I being persecuted for doing my job?
为什么我要因为忠于本职而被迫害
Because you didn't tell us and now it's fraud
因为你没告诉我们,现在这被当成欺诈了
you stupid...
你这个蠢...
Stupid what?
蠢什么
Ooh. Come on say it. I didn't say anything.
来吧,说出来,我什么也没说,
I wasn't going to say anything and I'm
我什么也没要说
really offended that you think I would say...
而你却认为我要说什么,这是对我的冒犯
Oh are you offended David? Thank you very much.
大卫,你被冒犯了吗,谢谢你们,
Are you offended David? Thank you.
大卫,你被冒犯了吗,谢谢你们,
Did the client sign a conflict of interest waiver?
委托人签署利益冲突豁免条款了吗
That's right she did. It's standard for us.
没错,她签了,这是标准流程
Good we're protected. It can't be fraud if she signed off
很好,有保护了,如果她签了潜在利益冲突条款
on any potential conflict of interest.
就不存在欺诈了
Why don't I find it in discovery?
我怎么找不到
Because you're blind.
因为你瞎了
It's there. It's a standard rider.
就在那儿,那是标准附加条款
All right where David? It's a rider.
好吧,大卫,在哪儿,是个附加条款,
If it's not with the hard copy it's in the database.
如果纸版没有,那就在数据库里
I'll get Kalinda on it. Diane.
我去找凯琳达办这事,戴安,
We need to talk.
我们得谈谈
Clause 63.
第63项条款
In a malpractice case the partners can vote
在执业过失案件里,合伙人可以投票
to hold only the negligent partner liable
决定只由过失合伙人
for the entirety of damages.
对全部损失负责
We're not throwing anyone under the bus Eli.
伊莱,我们不会丢下任何人的
Last time I looked we're all under the bus.
依我看,我们所有人处境都不妙
This was a clause insisted on by David Lee.
这是大卫·李坚持添加的条款
He was the one... Who told you that?
他是那个... 谁告诉你的,
Who told me David Lee insisted on it? Kalinda.
谁告诉我大卫·李要求的吗,凯琳达
He was afraid to be at the mercy
他害怕为别人的错误埋单
of other people's mistakes. It seems only fitting...
那么看起来最合理的是...
David Lee brought in 30% of the firm's business this year.
大卫·李今年带来律所30%的生意
And 100% of the malpractice suits.
以及100%的执业过失诉讼
You are a profit participant now Eli.
伊莱,你现在是权益合伙人了
Throwing David Lee overboard is shortsighted.
抛弃大卫·李太短视了
It is reacting to shortterm circumstances
这是对短期情形采取长期措施
with longterm measures and I won't do it.
我不会这么做的
No you won't do it.
你当然不会做
Because you have a failed romantic notion
因为你有个失败的浪漫主义观念
that what you're running here is a family.
那就是把这里当成一个家庭
It's not a family Diane.
戴安,这里不是家庭
A family can't fire you.
家庭不会炒掉你
A family doesn't cost me $1.2 million.
家庭也不会让我付出120万的代价
We're not doing it Eli.
我们不会这么做,伊莱
If David Lee came to me wanting to dump you
如果换做是大卫·李想踢你出局
I would have that same answer.
我也一样会给否定回答
I can outvote you.
我可以用投票驳倒你
All I need is a majority of the equity partners.
只需得到大多数权益合伙人的支持就行了
Well that's true.
没错
Too bad you haven't been fostering relationships.
可惜你还没和他们培养好关系
No time like the present.
现在不比平时
Oh sorry.
抱歉
They're painting.
这里正在粉刷
They keep trying to improve my office
他们不断地希望改善我的办公环境
Oh no wait wait wait!
不要,等等,别坐
Oh no.
还好
That's okay.
没事了
The painters are practical jokers.
这些油漆工总爱恶作剧
Thanks for meeting me Ms. Tascioni.
非常感谢你能见我,塔肖尼女士
I've met a lot of lawyers
我见过很多律师
but Mrs. Florrick swears by you.
但福瑞克太太对你赞赏有加
She's very nice.
她人真好
So they're accusing you of bribing judges?
那么,他们指控你贿赂法官是吗
The state's attorney's office yes.
对,是州检察官办公室
But they're not saying which ones? No.
但他们没说是哪些法官吗,是的,
Do you hear that?
你听见了吗
Yes.
听见了
Fantasia someone's calling!
樊塔莎,有人来电话了
Fantasia!
樊塔莎
Why don't I come back another time?
不如我改天再来吧
No no. This'll just take...
没关系,这个只要...
Uh call back!
我们会回电的
If you can hear me call back!
听见了吗,待会给你回电
You know let me arrange another time
要不我们再找时间
for us to meet. No no. Mr. Gardner
见面吧,不,加德纳先生,
who are the three most honest judges in Cook County?
谁是库克县最诚实的三大法官
The three most honest?
最诚实的三个
I don't know.
我不太清楚
Howard Spinelli Kotter.
可能是霍华德,斯比内利和考特
Why?
怎么了
And you're just waiting around for a grand jury right?
眼下你就干等着面对大陪审团了,对吗
Yes.
是的
That's a mistake.
这可不对
You have to apply pressure to the special prosecutor.
你得给特别检察官施加些压力
How do I do that?
我该怎么做
No you don't do anything. I do that.
你不用做,我会做的
And how do you do that?
那你会怎么做
I have no idea.
我还没有头绪
But...
不过...
I'm just starting.
我正开始理出头绪
Okay?
就这样吧
Okay. Okay.
好的,好,
I think that's a different one.
应该是另外一个人打来的
Fantasia!
樊塔莎
If it's logged in it's logged in.
如果它被录入了电脑,那就在里面了
Yeah but I checked the database. The contract's on there
对,我查了数据库,合同确实在里面
but there's one page missing: the rider.
可却少了一页附加条款
It's one page. So what?
就一页,那又怎样
$44 million depends on that one page.
这一页关乎着4400万,
Well here's a suggestion.
还有一种可能
Maybe it doesn't exist.
可能没被存进电脑
Whoever logged it in messed up never got the rider signed.
可能是录入的人搞错了,没附上附加条款
Well can you find out who logged it in?
那你能查出是谁录入的吗
If they log it in it's in my database.
只要有人录入,名单都会在数据库中
Computers don't make things up people make things up.
电脑不会编造事实,只有人才会
There. That's who logged it in.
这里,这个就是录入人
That's who made the mistake not me.
是这人犯的错,不是我
Is something wrong?
有什么事吗
Uh the Huntleys that was your first divorce?
亨特利案是你跟的第一单离婚案吗
Second. And you were at the firm for how long?
是第二单,那时你来律所多久了,
A half a year. Why?
半年吧,怎么了
You supervised the signing of the contract?
你督导了整个签署合同的过程吗
Yes.
是的
What's wrong?
出什么事了
I'm finding some difficulties in the filing.
我在查找备案文档时遇到了困难
There was no rider.
那里没有附加条款
In the hard copy I know.
纸版确实是没有
You have to check the database.
你得去查数据库
I did.
我查了
I can't find it there either.
那里我也没有找到
There was a rider.
应该有的
You sure?
你确定吗
I saw her sign it.
我看着她签的
I was there when she signed it.
她签字时,我就在旁边
I had to sign it too.
因为我也得签字
Oh my God.
我的天呐
Are you sure?
你确定吗
This whole lawsuit depends on that rider.
那附加条款事关这整件案子
Look it was your first year here.
那时是你来这儿工作的第一年
Is there any chance you could've... No.
有没有可能是你... 不可能,
No I mean is there any chance
不,我的意思是,你是否
you could've filed it somewhere else?
将它归档到别处了
I don't think so no.
我觉得不可能
I have to tell Diane.
我得告诉戴安
Wait a minute.
等一下
I'm in the lobby Alicia. I can't hear.
艾丽西娅,我现在在大厅,听不清楚
I'm on my way up.
我准备上楼了
Well look who's here.
看看谁来了
Yep.
就是在下
Hi. Mr. Copeland
你好,考普兰先生,
thank you for the poster but the answer is no.
谢谢你的海报,但我的回答还是不
I'm not interested in having...
我没兴趣...
Would you excuse me? Just for a second.
能容我失陪下吗,就一会
Mr. Dobbs?
是多布斯先生吗
Hello.
你好
Apologies.
非常抱歉
That's not me.
那可不是我
The summons is delivered sir when...
传票已送到,先生,当...
The summons is accepted when you acknowledge your name.
一旦承认是本人,就视作你已接受传票
Do you understand?
明白了吗
Please stop struggling.
所以,别再挣扎了
I'll let you go Mr. Dobbs
多布斯先生,只要你保证不反抗
if you promise not to fight.
我就放开你
Now do you promise not to fight?
你能保证不反抗吗
Yes.
我保证
Just take a few breaths.
深吸几口气
You'll be fine.
你就会没事了
I'll sue your ass!
我要起诉你这混蛋
That's your first impulse
这是你的冲动反应
but I've documented everything and we got witnesses.
但我都记录在案了,而且还有人证
You have been served Mr. Dobbs.
你被传唤了,多布斯先生
You were saying?
你刚才说什么
That happens all the time?
经常会这样吗
No no.
没有,没有
Sometimes.
偶尔
Most people are pretty good about it.
大部分人都好好地收下了
I wasn't here to see you.
我不是来找你的
It was the same building; I serve this district.
被传唤对象也在这栋大厦,我负责这个片区
Oh I see.
我明白了
Well I... I misunderstood.
我误会了
It was very nice to see you again.
很高兴再见到你
Very nice to see you.
我也是
What happened?
出什么事了
We can't find the rider.
我们找不到附加条款了
I filed it but we can't find it.
我归档了,但找不到了
The rider was signed.
附加条款是签过名的
I was supervising Alicia;
当时我负责指导艾丽西娅
I know it was signed. Then where is it?
我知道签过名,那它在哪里呢,
Would you stop cheering for disaster?
你能不能别那么幸灾乐祸
I'm not cheering for anything.
我没幸灾乐祸
This is an I.T. problem. No it's not.
这是电脑问题,不是,
It's all our problem.
这是我们大家的问题
I'm sorry.
对不起
I know I logged it.
我确实录入了的
It was your first year Alicia.
那是你入职第一年,艾丽西娅
Are you sure?
你确定吗
Yes.
确定
Thank you Alicia.
谢谢你,艾丽西娅
So Clause 63?
想对我用第63条?
Yeah. Clause 63.
没错,第63条
People have come after me random people here and there
找我麻烦的人形形色色,层出不穷
but you're the first to do it so baldly.
但你是第一个出手这么直截了当的
Nice office.
办公室不错啊
Thank you. A lot of square footage.
谢谢,面积不小啊,
I don't keep track.
我不知道具体数字
How much are you bringing in each year?
你一年能给律所带来多少进项
I haven't been here long enough to judge.
我来的时间不长,还说不准
Yet you feel comfortable enough to try to get me dumped.
你却还心安理得地想踢我下船
Yeah I guess I do.
对,是的
Is this a gettoknow eachother session
我们这是在交心呢
or are we confronting each other?
还是在对峙呢
You are gone.
你完蛋了
You are so gone you might as well clean out your desk.
你彻底完蛋了,你可以收拾桌子了
Really?
真的吗
Uh why is that?
为什么啊
Because I will insist on it.
因为我一定会赶你走
Oh no. Mmm. I'm sorry.
不见得,抱歉
You don't Clause 63 me. I Clause 63 you.
没你对我用63条的份,只有我对你用
Yeah that might've worked at another time
换个场合你也许有机会
but you screwed up buddy.
但这次是你搞砸了,兄弟
And people who screw up can't act like they didn't.
谁搞砸了都不能装作没事
They have to act contrite.
而应该有点悔过表现
And just so you know contrite is not this.
告诉你一声,悔过可不是你这个样子
Okay. This was fun.
好吧,真有意思
Just so you know
告诉你吧
I was going to leave.
我本来要走了
I had plans to leave.
我本来计划要走
But now you made it worth my while.
但现在,冲着你我要再待上一阵
Nice to meet you. Buddy.
认识你很高兴,兄弟
Do you have a moment?
有空吗
Sure.
当然
Diane has asked me to get your best memory of what happened.
戴安叫我来帮你好好回忆一下事情经过
Sure. Let's go for it.
没问题,我们开始吧
Okay.
好的
Do you remember what time of day the contract was signed?
你记得那天是什么时候签订合同的吗
After refreshing my memory with my day planner.
通过我的日程表回忆
It was signed at 11:00 A.M.
是上午11点签的
I'm sorry um I have to ask you this
抱歉,我必须得问你这个
but where did you go afterward?
签完后你去哪里了
According to my day planner I had a function at school.
根据我的日程表,我在学校有个活动
Grace's school an assembly.
格蕾丝的学校,开家长会
And before you left you filed the contract?
在你离开前,你把合同归档了吗
Yes.
是的
Mrs. Huntley and her lawyer
亨特利夫人及其律师
retained two executed copies and we retained one.
持两份生效副本,我们持一份
Which you filed?
然后你把它归档了?
Yes. In the active drawer.
是的,放在抽屉里
And you made the photocopy or did a paralegal?
是你做的影印本还是助理做的
I did. And I personally filed it in the archive.
我做的,而且我亲自放到了卷宗里
And the rider was separate?
那附加条款是单独放的吗
I don't remember.
我不记得了
Do you remember having to attach the rider to the contract?
你是否记得将附加条款跟合同钉在一起了
No.
不,
You don't remember?
你不记得吗
I don't remember.
我不记得了
Do you remember signing the rider also?
那你是否记得签署附加条款呢
You had to sign it to act as a witness to her signature.
你得签署附加条款作为对她签名的见证
I'm gonna write that down as a "Yes."
这个回答我就写"是"了
I don't remember.
我不记得了
I'm gonna write that down as a "Yes." No.
这个回答我就写"是"了,不,
I don't remember.
我不记得了
Alicia Florrick.
艾丽西娅·福瑞克
Yes?
怎么
We found the rider.
我们找到附加条款了
Where? Oh.
在哪里,天啊
Cary's files.
在凯里的卷宗里
They had been moved into storage when we did the expansion.
律所扩展时把文件搬到储藏室了
We found a hard copy.
我们找到一张复印件
We have it.
我们有附加条款
We're good we're good.
我们没事了,我们没事了
We're okay.
我们安全了
You must've been killing yourself.
你一定吓坏了
Yes. Thanks.
是的,谢谢
So I'll get on the phone with Mr. Preston.
那我打电话告诉普雷斯顿先生
Why should we delay the good news from him?
这好消息可得赶紧告诉他
Oh there it is.
就是这个
The rider April Huntley's signature
附加条款,艾波·亨特利的签名
and there's your confirming signature.
这里是你的确认签名
Well David we dodged the bullet.
大卫,我们逃过一劫
Yes we did.
没错
Oh I can't wait to see his face.
我真想看他什么反应
But... you're not sure?
但是,你不确定是吗
Am I sure that this rider is something David Lee slipped to me to sign?
我是否确定附加条款是他偷偷让我签的?
No.
不确定
I just...
我只是...
I think there were six pages in my children's
我记得,孩子的信托合同
trust that I signed and now there are five.
我签了6页,现在只有5页
But you're not certain?
但你不确定
100% certain?
百分之百确定吗,
No.
不,
Then I think you have to commit to your best memory of events.
那我认为你要以最佳记忆为准
I don't understand.
我不明白
You remember seeing this rider being signed two years ago?
你记得两年前看见签署这个附加条款?
Yes.
是的
You're sure of that? Yes.
你确定吗,确定,
And you're not sure whether this rider page is different?
但你不确定这份附加条款是否是伪造的?
That's correct.
没错
Testimony is about your best memory.
证词是你的最佳记忆
You go with your best memory.
最佳记忆才算数
What if it's wrong?
如果错了呢
Testimony isn't about right or wrong Alicia.
证词不关乎对错,艾丽西娅
It's about the facts as established by your best memory of events.
而只关乎于你根据最佳记忆构筑起的事实
Your memory is this.
你的记忆如此
You saw the rider being signed.
看见附件签署过
Then that's the fact.
那这就是事实
It's not up to me to do my opponent's job for him.
我没义务帮我的对手找问题
It's up to Mr. Preston to poke holes in your testimony.
而要由普雷斯顿先生找你证词的漏洞
You do not poke holes in your own.
你不要给他暴露出漏洞
Do you understand?
明白吗
I do.
明白
Thank you.
谢谢
Okay now point this down and don't run.
好了,把这个给他,别乱跑
Okay? He's right over there.
好吗,他就在那里
I heard this play was really good.
听说这个演出很不错
I like anything with bears.
跟熊熊有关的我都喜欢
Yes.
是的
You're Wendy ScottCarr?
你是温迪·斯科特卡尔吗
I am.
我是
Do you work at the state's attorney's office? No.
你在州检察官办公室工作? 不,
No. I'm a lawyer representing Will Gardner.
不,我是威尔·加德纳的律师
Elsbeth Tascioni.
埃尔斯贝特·塔肖尼
I see.
这样啊
He hired a lawyer?
他雇了个律师?
What? Yes.
什么,是的
Although um we haven't worked out all the details yet.
尽管,我们还没搞定所有细节
But I know that you met with my client
不过我知道你见过我的委托人
and I don't think you should
我认为你不应该
do that again without me being there okay?
在我不在场时再见他,好吗
If that's what you'd like. It is. If you don't mind?
如果你希望这样,没问题,是的,如果你不介意,
Wow. Let me see.
让我看看
Oh he even put your names in it.
他还写下了你的名字
Why don't you go see
你为什么不去看看
if you can get one from the lion too okay?
能不能从狮子那里也拿一个呢,好吗
Oh! Go ahead.
去吧
Say "Hi" for me.
代我问个好
Your client bribed several judges Ms. Tascioni.
你的委托人贿赂了几位法官,塔肖尼女士
Yes well funny you should bring that up.
是,你提起这个还真巧呢
A reporter called me today from the Chicago Tribune.
芝加哥论坛报的记者今天打电话给我
Very nice man.
很不错的一个人
And um he asked me about these three judges
问我关于加德纳先生
that Mr. Gardner supposedly bribed...
可能贿赂的三位法官
I didn't say anything to the press.
我跟媒体什么都没说
No I know. I didn't think you did.
不,我知道,我也认为你没说
Anyway he asked me
总之,他问我
if they were in fact Howard Spinelli and Kotter.
是不是霍华德,斯比内利和考特
And I said I didn't know.
我说不知道
I'm not investigating them.
我没调查他们
I know I thought probably not.
我知道,我也觉得不太可能
Because as I said to this reporter
因为,就像我跟记者说的
those are three of the most honest
那是三位最受尊敬
and beloved judges on the bench and you know
和爱戴的法官,还有,你知道的
that would put you in a very difficult position
如果那些法官都很生你的气
at the courthouse with all those judges very angry...
会让你在法院很...
at you. You leaked those names?
难堪的,你透露了那些名字?
I can bring obstruction of justice charges
我现在就能以妨碍司法公正
against you right now.
起诉你
Yes unfortunately you'll need a judge
是,不幸的是,你需要一名法官
to sanction any such charge and I think you'll find
认可这样的指控,我想你会发现
those judges in an uncooperative mood right now.
那些法官现在很不愿配合你
Here we are.
孩子回来了
Your client better get ready for an indictment.
你的委托人就准备接起诉书吧
Um no he doesn't need to be ready
不,他不需要准备
because you know I am.
因为,是我准备
Then I'm sure we'll meet again.
那我肯定我们会再见的
Oh I can't wait.
真是迫不及待啊
This is absurd.
这真荒谬
Pardon? Do you expect me to believe
什么,你指望我相信,
this critical document surfaced at precisely the right time?
这份关键的文件恰好这时候冒出来?
What are you suggesting?
你想说什么
That it's a forgery? I am.
说这是伪造的吗,是的,
Then I'm offended.
我感到很受冒犯
Then we'd like to redepose the parties involved
那么我们要向当事人重新取证
to vouch for the document's legitimacy.
以保证文件的合法性
And another firstyear associate
还有一个第一年工作
who worked on the divorce we've yet to depose
参与这件离婚案的律师尚未作证
Cary Agos.
凯里·艾格斯
Certainly.
没问题
Why don't we arrange a time tomorrow?
约个时间明天见吧
Working late? No.
加班? 不是,
You're not? Nope.
不是吗,不是,
Well then what are you doing here?
那么,你在这里干什么
There's something I thought might help you with your um... summons.
有个东西我觉得能帮到你传票的事
My summons?
我的传票?
Yes your lawsuit.
是的,你的诉讼
Mr. Huntley had to sign off
亨特利先生必须先签字
on the summons before I delivered them. Yes?
我才能去送这些传票,然后呢,
And he wasn't at his wife's apartment.
可他却不在他妻子的公寓
Really?
真的?
Do you recognize this document?
认得这份文件吗
No.
不,
You've never seen it before? No.
之前从没见过吗,没见过,
Thank you.
谢谢
You worked on this divorce case alongside Alicia Florrick
你当初在艾丽西娅·福瑞克的协助
and under the supervision of David Lee?
与大卫·李的指导下,办理的这个离婚案?
Yes.
是的
So you were in a perfect position to see such a document?
所以这种文件如果存在,你应该看到过才对
Not necessarily.
这倒未必
But you worked closely on this case?
但你对此案接触很深
Yes but that doesn't mean anything.
是,但这不能说明什么问题
It's been two years.
两年前的事了
I couldn't tell you a single document that's in that file to be honest.
坦白讲,档案里的每一份文件我都无法确认
Do you have any idea how a document
你是否知道
signed by Alicia Florrick got into your files in the first place?
一份艾丽西娅签署的文件,如何会跑到你的卷宗里
Sure. We shared an assistant.
当然,我们共用一个助手
Things got mixed up sometimes.
有时候会把事情弄混淆
You were fired from this firm is that right? Yes.
你当初被这所律所解雇了,是吗,是的,
So your testimony may be influenced
所以你的证词可能会受到
by the fact that you want your job back?
你想重返律所工作的愿望的影响?
I can see that you got a yarn you want to spin
我知道你想把故事编成什么样
Mr. Preston so let me just go ahead and lay this out clearly for you.
普雷斯顿先生,那我就先给你打开天窗说亮话
I have absolutely no reason
我没有任何理由
to believe that document is a forgery.
相信这份文件是伪造的
I knew Mrs. Florrick and Mr. Lee to be outstanding
在此律所供职期间,我认识到福瑞克夫人
competent and ethical attorneys throughout my time at the firm.
和李先生,都是杰出能干且富有道德的律师
And as for me
至于我
I have no vested interest in the outcome of this case.
我对此案的结果没有任何既得利益
I don't work here and I don't intend to.
我已不在此工作,也没有意向重返此律所
Any additional questions?
还有其它问题吗
Thank you.
谢谢你
You're welcome.
客气了
I... I don't get it.
我,我不明白
What's so funny?
有什么好笑的
Things change.
世事无常
They do.
确实如此
I like working with your husband.
和你丈夫共事我很愉快
He likes working with you.
他也喜欢与你共事
Given that you've been unable to establish
鉴于你们无法证明
the waiver is anything but perfectly legitimate
这份弃权协议有任何不合法之处
you are not left with much of a case.
这官司没什么可打的了
We disagree. We intend to obtain a forensic analysis
我们不同意,我们决定实施对文件墨水的
of the ink on the document
司法鉴定
to determine whether it's actually two years or two days old.
以确认这字到底是两年前还是两天前签的
That's ambitious. And will run you about $30000.
野心不小啊,这大概得花3万美金吧
So we would offer that same $30000
那么我们会提供一笔同等金额
as a um goodwill gesture.
以示善意
Absolutely not.
绝对不行
Well then... this is our final offer.
那么,这是我们的最终报价
Okay those are fake.
这些是伪造的
You'll probably have to do better than that.
瞎话得编得再好点
They were probably taken when we were split up.
这八成是我们分开的时候拍的
I bought you that shirt last week.
这衬衣是我上周买给你的
Okay hon just stay calm.
亲爱的,镇定
You disgusting shameless piece of...
你个下流,无耻的...
Let's just take a breath... April.
冷静一下,艾波
April please. Please. Please honey.
艾波,求你了,求你了,亲爱的,
It's not true Your Honor.
这不是真的,法官阁下
Yes there is an investigation
是的,确有如是调查
but the article as reported is not true.
但文章报道并不真实
His Honor Kotter.
是考特法官
Your Honor I have a judge on the other line.
法官阁下,另有法官在给我致电
No no I'llI'll call you back.
不,不,我会给你回电的
Judge Howard is in the waiting room.
霍华德法官在等候室
We have to take the fight back to her.
我们得占据对她的主动
Back to...?
对谁
We have to indict Will Gardner.
我们得起诉威尔·加德纳
He is a liability Diane.
他是个祸害,戴安
And frankly you're better off without him.
坦白说,没有他你会更好
Thursday would be just fine for me.
我觉得周四可以
All I really need is two weeks.
我只需要两周时间
Stop it both of you!
你俩都打住
Stop what? I'm not bluffing.
打住什么,我可不是虚张声势
You work at opposite ends of the building.
你俩办公室隔得老远
You barely see each other.
基本见不着面
It's not about seeing each other.
这不是见得着见不着的问题
It's about his methods costing me $1.2 million.
是他的做事方法要让我付出120万代价的问题
If you'd like me to go somewhere else
你若是想让我另谋高就
Diane just say the word.
戴安,就实话实说
No David.
不,大卫
You will stay here because we leave you alone.
你要留下,因为我们不干涉你
Somewhere else will leave me just as alone.
别处也能不干涉我
No they won't.
不,他们不会
Not the way we will and you know it.
别人不可能像我们这样给你自主权,你明白的
It's a new economy. People have to divorce.
现在是新经济,离婚的人总是存在,
This lawsuit cost you. And that is a simple fact.
这案子给你带来极大负面影响,这点毫无疑问
Everybody knows you're a risk
谁都知道你是个危险人物
so stop threatening.
所以别再威胁我了
And Eli you're staying
而伊莱,你也留下
because this job is a temporary one for you
因为这对你来说,只是州长竞选前
until the governor's campaign.
一份暂时的工作
Tell me I'm wrong.
你敢说我错了吗
Good. This is an office of expediency.
好的,这是你权且栖身的好地方
That is its strength.
这就是它的价值
So stop bickering...
所以停止争吵
and stop pretending like you'll leave.
也别再摆出要另寻出路的样子
I won't have it.
我不吃这套
I'm going back to work.
我回去工作了
Good.
很好
Eli?
伊莱
You're back?
你又来了?
How are you?
你好吗
I'm fine. How are you?
我很好,你呢
Fine.
很好
Well then we're both fine.
那么,咱俩都很好
I have to apologize again.
再次向你道歉
I requested this job
我特地要了这份活儿
so I'd see you again.
以便再次见到你
Why is that?
怎么了
Mr. Gardner?
加德纳先生
You have been served.
你的传票

重点单词   查看全部解释    
legal ['li:gəl]

想一想再看

adj. 法律的,合法的,法定的

联想记忆
storage ['stɔridʒ]

想一想再看

n. 贮藏,存储,保管,保管费,仓库,[计]存储器

 
filing ['failiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 锉(文件的整理汇集)

 
established [is'tæbliʃt]

想一想再看

adj. 已被确认的,确定的,建立的,制定的 动词est

 
forgery ['fɔ:dʒəri]

想一想再看

n. 伪造,伪造罪,伪造物

 
intend [in'tend]

想一想再看

vt. 想要,计划,打算,意指

联想记忆
security [si'kju:riti]

想一想再看

n. 安全,防护措施,保证,抵押,债券,证券

 
district ['distrikt]

想一想再看

n. 区,地区,行政区
vt. 把 ... 划

 
ambitious [æm'biʃəs]

想一想再看

adj. 有雄心的,有抱负的,野心勃勃的

联想记忆
conflict ['kɔnflikt]

想一想再看

n. 冲突,矛盾,斗争,战斗
vi. 冲突,争

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。