This doesn't prove anything.
这说明不了什么
Of course it doesn't prove anything,
当然这说明不了什么
and yet, show that to a jury,
不过,把这个亮给陪审团
and a million dollar suit turns into a $20 million one.
能让100万美元的索赔加码到2000万
And if I get it kicked as prejudicial?
如果我把它作为偏见证据排除呢
It's Judge Abernathy.
法官是阿伯内亚
You're representing a deep-pocketed, big bad internet company
你代理的是财大气粗的恶棍互联网公司
who treated its employees so poorly,
对员工非常恶劣
three of them committed suicide in a month.
一个月内就有三名员工自杀
This one in his own cubicle.
这位就死在自己办公的格子间
What side do you think Abernathy will be on?
你认为阿伯内亚会支持哪一方呢
You've changed.
你变了
I have.
那是
What happened to that cute little housewife that I used to know?
我认识的那个可爱的小主妇怎么变成这样了
When did she grow to be so tall?
什么时候形象变得这么高大的
You know, they say,
知道吗,人们说
you always kill the woman terrorists first.
要首先击毙女恐怖分子
The male ones-- well, they hesitate.
至于男恐怖分子,他们优柔寡断
They fear death.
贪生怕死
Not the women.
女人不这样
Then maybe you should consider settling.
那也许你该考虑和解
I'll talk to my client.
我会跟我的委托人谈谈
Good. Have you been well?
好的,你最近还好吗
I have.
我一直还好
Oh, I heard there was another turnover at Lockhart/Gardner.
听说洛克哈特&加德纳律所又变天了
Yes. It's a new day.
是啊,新气象
A new, new day.
又一个新气象
Sounds like you have one of those things every few months.
听上去你们每隔几个月就要折腾一番
Do they miss me?
他们想念我吗
Oh, terribly, but then, every time we end up
他们无比想念你,不过每当
on the opposite side of a case from you, it eases the pain.
跟你对簿公堂的时候,相思之苦便有所缓解
Oh, and your husband-- oh, I hear he's up by three points.
还有你丈夫,我听说他领先3个百分点
He's doing quite well, thank you.
他情况不错,谢谢你
Playing the race card.
打种族牌
Oh, the suburbs,
城郊居民
how they love their white politicians.
多么热爱他们的白人政客啊
You are going to become a very valuable commodity very soon.
要不了多久,你势必成为他们的无价之宝
How's your daughter, Mr. Stern?
你女儿还好吗,斯特恩先生
Every firm in the city is gonna come out of the woodwork
这城里每家公司都会冒出来
trying to get their hooks into you.
想尽办法把你拉进去
Wife of the State's Attorney, a practicing lawyer,
州检察官的妻子,同时又是执业律师
and not bad to look at, either.
而且长得不错
Have a number to me by 6:00.
6点前给我报个价
Do nothing. Say nothing.
什么也别做,什么也别说
We are three points up with six days to go.
我们领先3个百分点,只剩6天了
The only way Wendy Scott-Carr wins is if we mess up.
温迪·斯科特卡尔要赢的唯一指望就是我们自乱阵脚
If a reporter comes up to you, what does everyone say?
如果记者找上门来,该怎么说
That's right. Nothing.
对,无可奉告
Hello, Petra.
你好,佩拉
What a glorious day it is today.
今天真是个好日子啊
How are you?
你好吗
Eli, you are so counting your chickens.
伊莱,你的如意算盘打得太早了
Why, whatever do you mean?
为什么,你究竟什么意思
I'm just sitting here, chatting with my favorite reporter.
我这不是正在和我最喜欢的记者聊天吗
So, what do you think of the DCC suit?
你对民主党委员会的诉讼怎么看
The DCC suit?
民主党委员会的诉讼?
I don't know. What should I think?
我不知道,我该怎么看
Did you have anything to do with it?
你跟这事有关吗
I am the first one to call you, aren't I?
莫非我是第一个告诉你的人
No. What are we talking about here?
不,你说的这是什么
The Democratic Committee has brought suit against Wendy Scott-Carr,
民主党委员会提起对温迪·斯科特卡尔的诉讼
charging her with a lack of residency status.
起诉她缺少居民身份
Get the DCC now!
现在就打给民主党委员会
So, are you party to this suit?
那么你们和此事有关吗
Are we party? No.
有关吗,没有
In fact, we believe that any question
事实上,我们认为
of our opposition's residency is misguided.
质疑我们对手的居民身份的问题是被误导了
That's a... nice quote.
说得妙
Can you get me another one from the candidate?
你能帮我弄到候选人关于这事的说法吗
What's your deadline?
截止时间是?
Well, online edition in 20 minutes.
网上的版本需要20分钟内提交
I'll call you back.
我待会给你回电话
What the hell were you thinking?!
你他妈到底在想什么
You stupid bastard!
你个蠢货
Let go! We're up by three points!
放开我,我们领先3个点啊
And we're helping!
我们这是在帮忙啊
No!
不
Where did you go to school, you idiot?!
你在哪上的学啊,你这白痴
You stupid son of a bitch.
你这狗娘养的蠢货
You novice!
你个糊涂虫
Wendy's husband's not a resident.
温迪的丈夫不是居民
They spend more time out of Illinois than in it.
他们大部分时间不住在伊利诺伊州
You gave her an issue!
你这是给她找话题
You gave her a reprieve!
给她以可乘之机
The court will invalidate her votes.
法庭会宣判她的选票无效
No, they won't!
不,不会的
A lower court will.
下级法院可能会
It'll look like machine politics.
这样看起来会像党棍政治
We finally positioned ourselves as the enemy of the machine,
我们好不容易把自己树立成党棍政治的对手
and in one fell swoop,
你搞了这一下
you make it clear that Wendy is the enemy of the machine!
简直等于宣布温迪是党棍政治的对手
Well, what's done is done. No, it is not,
覆水难收,不,就要收
because you're gonna drop this suit and apologize.
你马上撤销诉讼并道歉
Say it came from some underling with an itchy trigger finger.
就说是某个冲动的下属干的
Too late. I already gave a quote.
太晚了,我已经发表看法了
You know, I don't have many enemies in life.
我这辈子还没怎么树过敌
I get along with Republicans,
我跟共和党
Protestants, Catholics,
新教徒,天主教徒都能处得来
even a few reporters.
甚至跟一些记者交情也不错
But the one thing I hate
但我最讨厌的就是
is amateurs.
外行
Stern signed off on admitting this video into evidence?
斯特恩签字同意这段视频作为证据
Yes, but I don't think he thought we'd end up in court.
是的,不过我认为我们可能不必上庭
Well, it's now 6:00, and he's not calling with a number,
现在6点了,他还没有打电话来报价
so I think we're ending up in court.
看来还得上庭
It's probably not a bad thing.
也许不是坏事
If I were on this jury, I'd want to punish someone for that.
我要是陪审团的话,我一定会想狠狠惩罚某人
Has she seen this?
她看过这个吗
No, but she knows I have it.
不,不过她知道我有这段视频
Best way to get it into evidence is through her testimony.
最好是通过她的证词把这段证据引入
Can you prep her?
你能帮她做盘问准备吗
You mean show this to her?
你是说给她看这个
You all right with that?
你能行吗
Yes.
行
So, who else are we going to use from the rest of the class?
那么这批人当中还有谁可以利用
The fired one with the kids.
那位拖家带口的被解雇的
Emily Haas. Yes.
艾米丽·哈斯,对
Thanks for holding them together.
谢谢你把他们团结起来
I'll be right back.
我去去就回
Do you need some help, little girl?
需要帮忙吗,小姑娘
No, I'm good.
不,我很好
Where'd you get these? My sister.
这东西哪来的,我姐姐的
Do you remember Helena?
还记得海莲娜吗
She's staying the weekend.
她过来度周末
She said to say hello. She did not.
让我代她向你问好,没有吧
Well, she said some other things, too.
她还说了点别的话
She doesn't still hold a grudge, does she?
她还记仇呢,不是吧
No, no. The first decade she did.
不,不,头十年她记仇
She wasn't used to people breaking up with her.
她不习惯别人跟她分手
She usually was the heartbreaker.
通常她是爱情杀手
Does she think it's weird we're...?
她觉得别扭吗,我们...
She thinks I'm competing with her.
她认为我在和她争
Well, then you've won.
那你是赢家
We've been with each other longer than her.
我们交往的时间比她长
I got an offer to go to London.
我在伦敦得到一份工作
That's why I'm here.
所以我来这里
They want me to go to London for the Olympics.
他们想让我去伦敦报道奥运会
Next year? No. This year,
明年吗,不,今年
to be their man on the ground in the rev-up.
去当地为报道工作预热
Are you going?
你要去吗
I don't know.
不知道
Okay.
好吧
I get it.
我明白
Good.
很好
What?
怎么
What are we?
我们算什么
No.
不
Should I go to London?
我应该去伦敦吗
It's a good opportunity.
这是个好机会
It's a promotion.
这是晋升
And you want to go?
那你想去吗
That's the subject under discussion.
那是正在讨论的问题
I need some help.
我也很难做决定
I think I should go.
我想我应该去
Okay, then I think that's a smart plan.
好,我觉得是个明智之举
When-When would you leave? Two weeks.
你,你什么时候走,两周后
Wow. Fast.
真快啊
Yup.
是的
Okay.
好吧
See you.
再见
Morning.
早啊
You have the Aubrey client meeting at 9:00.
九点您要见客户奥布里
And the final contracts on your desk for Thompson.
还有您桌上给汤普森的最终合约
I'll give you ten more minutes.
我再给您十分钟
Then I need you on the phone with New York.
然后需要您接听纽约的电话
Yup.
是
Stern is dead.
斯特恩过世了
Okay, who's doing it?
好的,谁在处理呢
Just keep me in touch.
保持联系
When?
什么时候
I don't know.
不知道
Sometime during the night.
晚上的某个时间吧
His secretary just found him this morning.
他的秘书今早刚发现的
Well, that's the end of an era.
那是一个时代的终结
I kind of don't know what to think.
我脑子里有点乱
I mean, he brought us together.
我是说,他把我们拉到一起的
Yeah. Then he took half our clients,
是的,然后带走了我们一半的客户
and he's been bludgeoning us with them ever since.
从那时起他一直在打压我们
When's the funeral?
葬礼什么时候
Tomorrow. Just the family.
明天,只有亲属
But they're sitting shiva for the week.
不过他们要服丧七日
Is it horrible of me?
我这种想法很可怕吗
I don't know, but I was thinking the same thing.
不知道,不过我在想同样的事
We can grab our clients back. Yup.
我们能夺回客户,是的
I already made a list.
我已经列了名单
We can't call them now, can we?
现在不能给他们打电话,是吗
Well, that might seem... opportunistic.
那看起来可能...是投机
What's the etiquette? Tomorrow.
什么时候合适,明天
I mean, if we don't, other firms will jump in.
我是说,如果不打电话,其他律所会插进来的
Other firms without the same sense of restraint?
其他律所可没有这种克制意识
We should call on his wife and daughter.
我们应该拜访他的妻女
Sitting shiva?
在服丧期间?
Sure.
当然
You think his firm's in play?
你觉得他的公司在运转吗
Could be.
应该在运转的
That would be bad.
那就麻烦了
Clients might stay put.
客户或许不会另投他处
I'm sorry.
真遗憾
I know.
我知道
I mean, how awful.
我是说,真可怕
He was dead the whole night.
整个晚上,他就死在那里
Everyone thought it was just another one of his all-nighters.
大家都以为他只是又熬了个通宵
The life of a lawyer.
这就是律师的命啊
I don't want to die like that.
我不想像他那样死去
Then don't.
那就不要那样
Pamela Harriman.
帕米拉·哈里曼
Now that was a death.
她死的才叫体面
Doing laps in the Paris Ritz pool.
死前在巴黎里兹饭店游泳池游几圈
Doesn't matter, does it?
有区别吗
I mean, we all end up in the same place.
我是说,终结的地方都一样
All that's left is... our Wikipedia entry.
剩下的只有...维基百科条目
Well, you're a bundle of joy.
你真会逗笑
Stay healthy.
保持健康
Okay, not too opportunistic.
好的,别太投机
I'm so sorry.
我很遗憾
I'm so sorry for your loss.
请节哀顺变
Solomon Harwell. LSG.
所罗门·哈维尔,物流公司的
We had 11 million of their business last year.
去年我们有他们一千一百万的生意
Yes.
是的
And his son just made it into Harvard.
他儿子刚进了哈佛大学
Solomon, how are you?
所罗门,你好
Counselor, how are you?
律师,你好
We're a stronger firm these days.
这些日子我们律所更强了
The economy knocked out some of our competitors,
经济危机消灭了一些竞争对手
but we survived.
但我们坚持过来了
Oh, I know. I always liked you guys.
我知道,我一直都喜欢你们
But I'm waiting to see who's buying Stern's firm first.
不过我先等着看谁会买下斯特恩律所
Who's buying? What do you mean?
谁会买下,您什么意思
Stern was selling his firm.
斯特恩生前正在出售他的律所
He was retiring.
他要退休
I didn't know that.
我不知道啊
Who was he selling it to?
他卖给谁了
Mrs. Florrick?
福瑞克女士
Funny to see you here.
这里见到你真有意思
Yes, funny.
是啊,有意思
You knew Mr. Stern?
你认识斯特恩先生?
I did.
是的
Not for that long. Just the last four months.
时间不长,他的最后四个月而已
He was helping me become adjusted to Chicago.
他帮助我调整以适应芝加哥
It's a sad day. Yes. Very sad.
真是个悲伤的日子,是啊,很悲伤
But I didn't realize,
我一直都不知道
Mr. Canning, that you were still here.
坎宁先生,你还在芝加哥
I thought you went back to New York.
我以为你回纽约了
Oh, no, no, no.
没有没有
I like it here.
我喜欢这里
In fact, I think we'll be seeing each other in court again soon.
实际上,我想我们很快又会在法庭相见了
We will? Why?
又相见?为什么
Stern's last case.
斯特恩最后的案子
Uh, you're taking over?
你接手了吗
Well... I bought his firm.
我买下了他的律所
Every case, every client.
所有的案子,所有的客户
Looks like we'll be facing off quite a bit now.
看来我们又要针锋相对了
Wendy Scott-Carr is an Illinois resident.
温迪的确是伊州公民
This is her summer home in Forest Lake,
这是她在森湖市的夏宅
not in Michigan as the Democratic Committee suggests.
并不像民主党委员会说的那样在密歇根
And why isn't Wendy's team showing me that?
为什么不是温迪的团队给我看这个
'Cause they're three points down, and they want the DCC
因为他们落后三个百分点
to continue to shoot themselves in the foot.
他们希望民主党委员会继续自毁长城
They actually seem to be shooting you in the foot.
貌似毁的是你的长城
All the more reason to print it.
那就更要发表了
I got a background quote that Florrick has bimbo issues.
匿名人士爆料说福瑞克有桃色新闻
Had bimbo issues.
曾经有
No, I-I think I got the tense right.
不,我觉得不是过去式
You're not gonna print it. Am I not?
你不能发表这个,不能吗
If it's untrue, you're not.
若果这消息是假的,你就不能发表
And we know this how?
我们怎知真假
Because Peter is a reformed man.
因为彼得已经改过自新了
This is pretty convincing stuff.
这次的爆料言之凿凿
He, uh... he slept with a coworker,
他和一位同事上床了
and is actively trying to hide it from his wife.
而且他正全力避免他妻子得知此事
And I hear the State's Attorney has an investigator
此外我还听说,州检察官派了一位调查员
named Andrew Wiley snooping around.
安德鲁·怀利,四处打探此事
There are some very real human beings
这场闹剧涉及到
in this little drama.
几个实实在在的人
Yes, and I know that is always your first concern.
是的,我知道你最关心的就是这个
Get me a quote from the wife. No.
让他的妻子给我评论下,不行
Then I'll run what I have. You'll run a rumor.
那我就发表了,你发表的是谣言
Half our newspaper is a rumor.
我们的报纸有一半是谣言
How do you think news becomes news?
你知道新闻都是怎么来的吗
Get Mrs. Florrick on the phone with me.
让福瑞克夫人打电话给我
Maybe I'll run something else.
或许我会发表些别的
Give me 48 hours.
给我48小时
24.
24小时
Thank you. Please.
谢谢,请坐
I didn't know
除了在这里的几次见面
Jonas Stern outside of our few shared moments here,
我之前并不太认识乔纳斯·斯特恩
but it's always worth a moment
但是花点时间
to reflect on how... fleeting life is.
回望生命如白驹过隙,还是值得的
How we really only...
我们手中
hold so much... sand in our hands.
所掌握的只是时之沙
Tant'è amara che poco
生亦何欢
è pi u morte, as they say.
死亦何苦
Anyway,
好了
I hear that negotiations have broken down,
我听说谈判已经破裂
and we're ready to go.
大家都准备好了
Yes? Then let's call the jury.
是吧,请陪审团入场吧
And when would you say things changed, Mr. Yellins?
事情是什么时候开始起变化的,叶林斯先生
Well, about six months ago.
大约六个月之前
After Kim Palmieri took over as CEO.
金·帕梅里接任行政总裁的时候
Kim Palmieri, the defendant?
被告金·帕梅里吗
Yes. It started with little things.
是的,一开始是些小事
They closed the employee break room,
他们关闭了员工休息室
they cut our sick days.
削减病假
They laid people off so the rest of us were forced
他们裁减员工,我们这些剩下的就不得不
to come in on the weekends and take up the slack.
周末来加班以补上缺漏
The air conditioning was off, so the place was an oven.
空调也给关了,办公室热得像炉子一样
Finally, I came in to my office one day,
最终,有一天我来上班
and my desk was gone.
我的桌子不见了
Where did it go?
桌子去哪儿了
They'd moved it to the copy room.
被挪到复印室了
My supervisor, Kevin,
我的上司,凯文
made me gather my things into a box
让我把自己的东西收到一个盒子里
and walk over to the copy room with everybody staring at me,
搬到复印室去,所有人都盯着我
and that was the most humiliating...
这实在太侮辱人了
Uh, so after that, I couldn't go back there.
之后,我没法回去工作了
I quit.
我辞职了
No further questions.
没有问题了
So... they, uh... they closed the break room?
他们把员工休息室关了?
Yes.
是的
I see. I'm... sorry.
明白了,我很抱歉
And the air conditioner being turned off-- that was tough.
空调也关了,很不好过吧
Well, it was the idea of-of working on the weekends.
最可恶的是周末还要工作
I understand.
我明白
And this moved desk-- how far was that?
你的桌子被移动了多远
Uh, I don't know. The end of the building.
我不清楚,到了大楼的尽头
And everybody's eyes were on you?
大家都盯着你?
The whole firm's.
整个公司都盯着我
That must have been humiliating, with everyone...
大家都看着你
watching you.
一定很伤自尊
How-How far was it, do you think, 50 feet?
你觉得到底有多远,15米?
Um, I don't know. Well, let's...
我不知道,那么
Let's-Let's try it.
我们就来试试看
Was it this far, your humiliating walk?
你的屈辱之旅,有这么远吗
The one with everyone staring at you?
那时大家都盯着你
Uh, no, it was further.
不,比这远
Okay, was it... was it a straight line,
好,你走的是直线
or was-was something in your way, or...?
还是说路上有别的东西挡着
Uh, I don't think you're getting the point.
我觉得你没抓住要点
The point is that it was painful and humiliating.
要点是痛苦和屈辱
I mean, that's... that's why you're suing.
我是说,你正是因为这个起诉
And I'm just trying to ascertain the extent of your humiliation.
我只是想确认你受到了多深的羞辱
Was it this far, your-your walk with everybody
大家都盯着你的时候
watching you?
你走了有这么远吗
We need to hit the videotaped hanging harder.
我们得在自杀录像上加把劲了
Kalinda, what do you have?
凯琳达,查到什么没
Their financials.
他们的账目
The company claims
公司声称
they cut employee perks because of the economy,
他们削减员工津贴是因为经济形势不好
but I found this buried under a miscellaneous line item.
但我在他们的支出杂项里找到了这个
Two point seven million
270万美金
paid to a company called Haver Associates.
付给了一家哈沃公司
A human resources consultant.
人力资源顾问公司
They tell you how to fire people.
他们教你怎么炒掉员工
This should have been turned over in discovery.
这个在文件透露程序中应该提交的
Yup. Looks like they were trying to hide it.
是啊,看来他们在竭力隐瞒
Good. Stay on it.
好,继续跟进
And so your husband took his own life?
于是你丈夫就自尽了?
Yes.
是的
He called me
他打电话来
and asked me to hug our daughters,
叫我拥抱着女儿们
to read them Goodnight Moon.
给她们读《晚安月亮》
He loved reading them that.
他很爱给她们读那首诗
And then he took an extension cord,
然后他拿了根电线
and stood on his desk and hung himself.
站上自己的桌子,上吊了
And you've seen the surveillance video of your husband's suic...?
你已看过你丈夫自杀的监控...
Objection!
反对
Your Honor, Mr. Canning...
法官大人,坎宁先生...
This is completely absurd, Your Honor.
这简直荒谬透顶,法官大人
It's decided.
已经定了
No, it's not.
不,没定
This was already settled.
早就达成协议了
With another lawyer. Your Honor?
和另一个律师达成的,法官大人
Over here.
过来
I find lawyers less aggressive when seated. Please.
我发现律师们坐着的时候没那么咄咄逼人
Everybody, please take a seat.
各位,请坐
And no leaning forward.
别往前靠
Everybody take a deep breath.
大家深呼吸
Good. Mr. Canning, let's start with you.
好,坎宁先生,你先说
It's prejudicial, Your Honor.
这是偏见证据,法官大人
It's a surveillance video of Mr. Joyce committing suicide by hanging himself.
这是乔伊斯先生上吊自杀过程的监控录像
It serves no probative value, other than to inflame the jury.
它没有证明价值,只会引起陪审团反感
Uh, Mr. Gardner, Mrs. Florrick.
加德纳先生,福瑞克太太
It goes to pain and suffering.
它能证明痛苦与折磨
Mrs. Joyce not only had to suffer her husband's suicide,
乔伊斯太太既得忍受失去丈夫的痛苦
she had to see the surveillance video.
又得忍受看监控录像的折磨
Because you showed it to her.
还不是你给她看的
Uh-uh-uh. Mr. Canning, you'll have your chance.
坎宁先生,会轮到你说话
Mr. Canning's predecessor counsel,
坎宁先生的前任律师
Mr. Stern, already signed off on our evidence list.
斯特恩先生,已经签署同意了证据清单
He had no objection to this video.
他不反对这个录像
That's true, Mr. Canning.
没错,坎宁先生
Why are we reopening this particular can of worms?
为什么我们要来回折腾呢
No, no. Don't lean forward.
不,不,别往前靠
Just... I just have to get something from my case, Your Honor. Oh.
我只是得从包里拿点东西,法官大人
In going over our records with our medical carrier,
我在检查本所医药供应商记录的过程中
I discovered several prescriptions for Donepezil
发现几份盐酸多奈哌齐的处方
made out to Mr. Stern.
都是开给斯特恩先生的
It's a drug commonly used for
这是通常用于
treatment of Alzheimer's and dementia.
治疗老年痴呆症的药物
It's a scourge of the elderly, as you know.
您也知道,这病对老年人很是折磨
Yes. My nana suffered from it.
是的,我奶奶得了这病
She hardly knew me at the end.
她最后几乎不认得我了
Oh, that's terrible. It was the same with my mom
噢,那真糟糕,我去老人院看我妈时
when I visited her at the care center.
她也是如此
Is there some reason for...?
讨论这个干嘛
I believe Lockhart/Gardner was aware of
我相信洛克哈特&加德纳律所
Mr. Stern's condition, and took advantage of a disabled man
已知晓斯特恩先生的身体状况并加以利用
who didn't know what he was signing.
他并不知道自己签了什么
This is ridiculous.
简直荒谬
I had no idea whatsoever, Your Honor.
我毫不知情,法官大人
Mrs. Florrick?
福瑞克太太呢
Mrs. Florrick?
福瑞克太太
Were you aware of Mr. Stern's diminished condition?
你知道斯特恩先生的不良身体状况吗
Your Honor, I...
法官大人,我
I regret I can't answer that question,
很抱歉根据律师与当事人之间的保密协议
due to the bond of attorney-client privilege.
我不能回答这个问题
Ah. Well, then, you leave me no choice
那么,除了领悟言外之意
but to read between the lines here.
我别无选择了
Uh, Mr. Stern's evidentiary agreement no longer holds sway,
斯特恩先生的证据协议不再有效
and Mr. Canning's objection to the videotape is sustained.
坎宁先生关于录像的反对有效
So what, we're keeping secrets here?
怎样,我们之间也要保密吗
No, we're keeping privilege.
不,我们要遵守保密协议
Okay, so hypothetically then.
好,那么假设来说
You're an associate,
你是一个律师
and a partner at your firm asks you to represent him.
你所里的合伙人要你代理他
Yes.
是的
And during the course of that representation,
在代理的过程中
you learn certain things about that partner,
你得知了这个合伙人的某些事情
and he instructs you not to inform anyone.
他要求你不能告诉任何人
Including the other partners, yes.
包括其他合伙人,是的
Hypothetically in that situation,
假设来说,在此情况下
I would be bound by that, even after his death.
我就得受其约束,甚至他死后
Great. Stern's dead, and he's still screwing us.
很好,斯特恩死了都还要搞得我们一团糟
Here comes the monster!
怪兽来啦
Oh, I'm gonna get you.
我会来抓你的
Hey, thanks for dropping by.
谢谢顺路过来
No problem, Wiley.
没关系,怀利
What are you investigating now?
你现在在调查什么
Uh, Childs has me on a. Huh.
查尔兹要我查个,呃
Where did I put that?
我放哪儿去了
What's your wife working on?
你妻子做的这是什么
Uh, a spaceship.
一艘太空飞船
For Richard Branson. Virgin Galactic.
维珍太空的理查德·布兰森
She's designing one of his rockets.
她为他设计一艘火箭
Okay, why did she marry you anyway?
她到底为什么嫁给你
Because of my sense of humor.
因为我的幽默感
Hey, I want clothes on, teeth brushed in five minutes!
五分钟之内穿好衣服刷完牙
So Childs has me on this last interview Blake gave.
查尔兹要我调查给布莱克最后做的这次谈话
What do you mean?
什么意思
I mean, the investigation into Kalinda Sharma.
有关凯琳达·夏尔马的调查
He gave one last interview about her.
布雷克和他又谈了一次
To who? Matan.
谁做的,马坦
I was supposed to collate all these interview notes of this.
我本该整理好这次谈话的全部笔录
And this is what Matan sent to me.
这是马坦给我的
It's, uh... it's supposed to be five pages.
这个本该有五页
Two are missing.
有两页不见了
Okay. Happens all the time.
时有发生
He tell you anything about the missing pages?
他跟你说过缺失的笔录吗
Did Matan? No. Why?
马坦吗,没有,怎么了
He said he did.
他说他说过
Trying to catch me in a lie, good buddy?
你是在对我测谎吗,兄弟
Are you still protecting your friend Kalinda, good buddy?
你还是要护着你的朋友凯琳达吗,兄弟
It was my understanding the investigation was over.
据我所知那个调查已经结束了
The investigation's never over.
调查永远不会结束
Mr. Childs, it's Andrew Wiley.
查尔兹先生,我是安德鲁·怀利
Yeah, hold on. Let me put you on speaker.
是的,别挂,我开免提
Okay, uh, Mr. Childs, you're on.
查尔兹先生,请讲
I'm here with Cary.
凯里也在这儿
Look, Cary, the department is divided,
凯里,办公室里现在内部分化
so I need you two to find out
所以我需要你们俩查明
what's going on with these missing notes.
那些缺失笔录是怎么回事
I think Matan is playing politics here,
我觉得马坦在玩政治把戏
trying to pad his resume for whoever takes over.
想看谁会接任好见风使舵
You want us to interview Matan?
要我们跟马坦当面谈吗
No, he'll say it's just a mistake.
不,他会说这只是个失误
I want you to find out what's in those missing notes.
我要你找出缺失笔录的内容
Cary?
凯里
Uh, yeah?
我在呢
Why did Matan say he talked to you about these missing pages?
为什么马坦说他和你说过这些丢失文件的内容
I have no idea.
我不知道
Okay, find me these two pages so we can wrap this up.
好吧,给我找出这两页丢失的文件好结案
Hello. Oh, hi.
你好,你好啊
Did you see Will?
你见过威尔了吗
No.
没有
Oh... do you want to?
你想见吗
No, I... My sister is staying with me.
不用了,我姐姐住在我家
I just needed to get out of the house.
我只是想出来透透风
My sister used to date Will.
我姐姐与威尔谈过恋爱
Yes, I know.
这我知道
She was talking about Will breaking up with her,
她一直和我说威尔伤透了她的心
and the reason he broke up with her,
和他分手的原因
and... the-the person
是因为一个人
he broke up with her for, it's you, isn't it?
是因为你而分手的,对吧
Yes.
是的
Oh!
果然如此
I'm married.
我是有夫之妇
I've moved on; Will has moved on.
我都已经放下了,威尔也是
We were kids.
我们当时太年轻
We're not kids anymore.
可现在不是了
I don't know; Will still is.
这我倒不同意,威尔还是
No.
不是
He isn't.
他才不是
He thinks he is.
他只是以为他还是而已
Sorry, I'm late.
抱歉,我要迟到了
I got it from Haver Associates.
我从哈沃公司那里搞来的
The H.R. Consultants. Yep.
人力资源顾问公司,没错
"In addition to restructuring 20% of human resources..."
除了重组20%的人力资源之外
Meaning firing two out of every ten employees.
意思每十个人中解雇两人
...they said that Palmieri could recognize "Significant savings
他们说,如果恰当数量的的员工
"If a meaningful percentage of labor
能主动请辞
could be induced to resign,
而非被辞退
rather than being terminated."
帕梅里能极大地节省开支
Meaning make people so miserable they'll quit,
就是让人们感到不快,他们会主动请辞
and you'll save a bundle in severance.
这样能省下一大笔解雇金
They did it intentionally.
他们故意这么做的
That's the smoking gun.
这可是确凿的证据
They deliberately created a hostile work environment
他们故意制造一个充满敌意的工作环境
to get people to quit.
好让人们主动请辞
Well, with this, we can get the hanging video back in.
要是这样,我们就能让录像重新呈堂
We can show that their conduct
我们能让证明领导的行为
was designed to make him depressed.
是有意让他消沉的
We can do more than that.
不止能这样
It's an intentional tort.
这可是故意的民事侵权行为
That opens 'em up to punitive damages.
这就可以向他们索取惩罚性的损失赔偿
They made three people kill themselves.
他们导致了三个人自杀身亡
So... we'll make them pay for it.
我们一定要让他们为此付出代价
Is there anybody here
在座有人认为
who thinks Marty is good at his job?
马蒂能胜任他的工作吗
Huh? Anybody?
有人吗
Aw, come on, there must be somebody.
别不敢说,肯定有人这么认为
Madelyn?
麦德林
That's quite a performance, Ms. Palmieri.
演的可真好啊,帕梅里女士
I admit, I can be passionate.
我承认,我有点太过头了
But as CEO, I'm responsible.
可作为一名行政总裁,这是我应做的
Do you recognize this document?
你认得出这文件吗
Uh, yes, it's part of a consulting report we commissioned.
是的,这是我们委托的一份咨询报告
Can you read...
你能帮我们读下
that paragraph for us, Ms. Palmieri?
这一段吗,帕梅里女士
"In addition to restructuring 20% of human resources,
除了重组20%的人力资源外
"Significant savings could be realized
如果恰当数量的的员工能主动请辞
"If a meaniful percentr could be induced to resign,
而非被辞退的话
rather than being terminated."
可以节省巨大开支
If you got people to quit instead of firing them,
要是你能让人们主动请辞而不是解雇他们
you'd save money.
你将省下一大笔开销
No severance package, no benefits-- is that it?
没有解雇补偿费,没有补贴,是吗
It was one strategy that was suggested by the outside consultancy
这只是一个咨询公司提供的一个策略
we didn't follow it.
可我们并没有执行
Did you know that six hours after your... motivational meeting,
那你知道在你召开动员大会之后6小时
Martin Joyce committed suicide?
马丁·乔伊斯就自杀了吗
I did know that.
我知道
No further questions.
没有其他问题了
Ms. Palmieri,
帕梅里女士
your management style, it's a bit, uh...
你的管理风格有点...
"Confrontational," I think is what you said.
用你的话说就是,太激进了
It can be, yes.
没错,就是这样
And in your experience, is that is that unusual? No.
以你经验看来,这正常吗,很正常
Times are tough.
最近日子很不好过
Employers face severe financial restrictions.
我们面临严重的金融危机
So there's reason for your being confrontational?
所以你之所以如此激进是有原因的?
Yes. If we don't squeeze every drop
是的,如果我们不用尽
of productivity from our employees,
我们每个员工的才能
we'll be forced to ship their jobs overseas,
我们将被迫将他们的工作外包给
where labor costs are considerably cheaper.
那些劳务费更低的地方
So you were trying to keep jobs in America.
这么说,你是试图把工作机会留给美国人
Yes, I was.
是的,没错
Can I help you?
有什么事吗
You're being investigated.
你被调查了
By?
被谁
Andrew Wiley.
安德鲁·怀利
He noticed two pages of notes
他发现你与布莱克谈话的
were missing from your interview with Blake.
报告缺了两页
Childs thinks you're hiding something criminal,
查尔兹认为你在为凯琳达隐瞒
something Blake told you about Kalinda.
某些布莱克告诉你的犯罪事实
It's not criminal.
不是犯罪事实
It's personal.
是个人隐私
Okay.
好吧
Personal to-to who, to Kalinda?
谁的个人隐私,凯琳达?
Since when do you care about protecting Kalinda?
你什么时候开始护着凯琳达了
I don't. I care about protecting this office.
我才不管她呢,我关心的是整个部门的荣誉
What does Kalinda have to do with this office?
凯琳达和整个部门有什么关系
Not the current inhabitant of this office.
可不是现在的这些班底
Kalinda and Peter Florrick?
凯琳达和彼得·福瑞克?
It's got nothing to do with Childs.
和查尔兹没有关系
But if he gets ahold of it, it's scorched earth.
要是他抓住了这个把柄,肯定会作最后一搏的
They had an affair?
他们有奸情?
A one-nighter.
一夜情
Back when Kalinda worked here.
那还是在凯琳达在这工作之时
Blake had details, verifiable ones.
布莱克有详细资料,确凿的证据
Florrick will do anything to cover it up.
福瑞克会尽一切努力掩盖它
He promised to keep me in this job.
他答应我会保住我的饭碗
I need to tell Wiley it's not criminal,
我需要告诉怀利,这不是犯罪事实
but the problem is, is that he may go to Childs with it anyway.
可问题是,他会不告诉查尔兹吗
So what do you suggest we do?
那你认为我们该怎么做
Mrs. Florrick? Excuse me. Mrs. Florrick?
福瑞克夫人,麻烦让一下,福瑞克夫人
This is kind of awkward--
这说起来有点尴尬
my, uh, my driver went home sick,
可我的司机卧病在家
and I was wondering if I could trouble...
是否能麻烦您
See, this is what I love about Chicago.
我就喜欢芝加哥这一点
It's a real community.
社区非常和谐
People helping each other out.
人们互帮互助
Your driver isn't really sick, is he, Mr. Canning?
你的司机没生病吧,坎宁先生
Mrs. Florrick, there's got to be a word for people
福瑞克夫人,有个词专门用来形容
who are always finding hidden motives in things.
这种总是试着挖掘阴暗动机的人
Right?
正确?
I want you to come and work for me.
我希望你能来为我工作
My new law firm.
我的新律所
Fast-track to full partnership,
你很快就能成为正式合伙人
percentage of plaintiffs' contingency fees.
从原告的风险代理费中获得一定比例的分红
Why would you do that?
你为什么要邀请我
Because you beat me in court last time.
因为你上次在法庭上击败了我
No. Will and Diane beat you.
不是我,是威尔和戴安击败了你
Well, you're cheaper.
你的要价低一些
Probably doesn't hurt that my husband's going to be Stats Attorney.
我的丈夫就要成为州检察官了,这就更好了吧
No, you're right, that doesn't hurt.
没错,的确更好了
I don't think we're a good fit, Mr. Canning.
我觉得我们合不来,坎宁先生
But thank you.
不过还是谢谢
Do you know the sign of an immature person?
你知道不成熟的人有个什么特点吗
When they can't distinguish
他们没法
between morality at home and morality at work.
把工作道德和家庭道德区分开
Oh, is that... is that me, now?
你说的是我吗
I do what I need to do at work to win.
我在工作上不择手段只求胜利
I go home, I cuddle with my wife,
回家后,我会和妻子拥抱
I cuddle with my kids,
和孩子拥抱
and I tell them pretty storiesabout heroism and Heaven.
给他们讲英雄和天堂的美妙故事
And what do I do? You go home and feel bad about it.
而我呢,你带着一肚子负罪感回家
Oh, this is me.
我到家了
Thank you.
谢谢你
It's a good job offer.
工作的待遇很优厚
Twice what you're making now.
报酬是你现在工作的两倍
Think about it.
考虑下
You look deep in thought.
你在沉思啊
I was.
刚才在
You must be very happy.
你一定很高兴
Yes. Except for the DCC trying to kill us 'cause they're a bunch of idiots.
是的,只是民主党委员会的白痴快把我们弄死了
The residency suit; I saw. Yes, well,
居民身份诉讼,我听说了,是啊
in the waning days of a campaign the mudslinging can get...
到了竞选的末期,揭短行为愈发...
pretty ugly.
下作
Sounds like you're preparing me for something.
似乎你是在让我做好心理准备
Petra Moritz, the reporter,
那个记者,佩拉·莫里兹
has a rumor.
收到一条谣言
Okay.
好吧
It's completely bogus,
完全是捏造的
but she wants a quote from you.
但她希望你能评论一下
And the rumor?
谣言说的什么
There was another woman in Peter's past.
彼得过去还和另一个女人上过床
I wouldn't drag you into this,
我本不想拖你下水
but unless I can get you on the phone with her,
但是除非我允许她电话采访你
she's gonna run with it.
她就要发表这消息了
And I know I promised never to ask you, but...
我知道我曾答应绝不来麻烦你,可是...
Peter's so close.
彼得离胜利只有一步之遥
And this kind of rumor, it could ruin us.
这种谣言会毁了我们的
I'll think about it.
我会考虑的
I need to know soon.
尽快给我回音
I'll think about it.
我会考虑的
Nothing further, Your Honor.
没有问题了,法官大人
Mrs. Joyce...
乔伊斯夫人
first of all, let me just say how sorry I am for your loss.
首先,对您丈夫的去世我感到非常遗憾
I mean, my wife means everything to me.
我的妻子就是我的一切
And I... I can't imagine how you feel.
我无法想象你的感受
Unfortunately, this is a trial, so I have to ask you
遗憾的是,这是一场审判,因此我不得不...
some... tough questions.
问你一些尖锐的问题
Ask away.
问吧
Were you and your husband having marital difficulties?
你和丈夫之间是否存在婚姻危机
We'd had some issues, on and off,
我们的婚姻断断续续地有过问题
but we were working through them.
不过他生前我们正努力解决
In fact, you had an affair, is that right?
实际上,你出轨了,是吗
No. I was unfaithful to my husband once,
不对,我曾有一次对丈夫不忠
on a business trip.
是在出差途中
It was hardly an affair.
算不上出轨
But your husband, he knew?
你的丈夫知道了,对吗
Your Honor, i think we've ascertained the facts here.
法官大人,我想这些事实我们都已经弄清了
I'm inclined to agree. Mr. Canning.
我同意,坎宁先生
Of course, Your Honor,
好的,法官大人
I'm just trying to establish
我只是试着证明
that there could've been alternative causes
马丁·乔伊斯的自杀
for Martin Joyce's suicide.
可能有多种原因
My husband was depressed
我丈夫在公司受到了不良待遇
because of how they treated him at his job.
因此感到抑郁才自杀的
But he was depressed.
他本来就抑郁
Did he seek treatment?
他有寻求治疗吗
Yes. He saw our doctor and a therapist.
是的,他去看了我们的医生和一个心理专家
And did those doctors prescribe any medications?
这些医生给他开了什么药吗
He prescribed a number of drugs.
医生给他开了很多药
Escitalopram, uh, Bupropion.
依他普仑,安非他酮
None of them seemed to help.
似乎都没作用
What about Elvatyl?
他有服用艾哇泰吗
Did he prescribe a drug called Elvatyl?
医生有没有给他开艾哇泰
Yes.
有
Mrs. Joyce, are you aware of the side effects of Elvatyl?
乔伊斯夫人,您了解艾哇泰的副作用吗
Objection, Your Honor.
反对,法官大人
Okay, deep breath.
好的,深吸一口气平静下
This is a complete conflict of interest, Your Honor.
这是严重的利害冲突,法官大人
Mr. Canning defended the makers of Elvatyl
就在去年,坎宁先生代表艾哇泰的制造者
just last year in a lawsuit against us.
和我们对簿公堂
And now he intends to pin Mr. Joyce's suicide
而现在他想把乔伊斯先生的死
on the side effects of his former client's product?
归咎于他之前客户产品的副作用?
Actually, that company no longer exists, Your Honor.
法官大人,这家公司实际上已经不存在了
The rights to the name Elvatyl were sold to a new company,
艾哇泰这个商标已经卖给了一家新公司
and I owe them no duty.
我对他们并不负有责任
And what evidence do you intend to present? Uh...
你想提交什么证据
It's a video showing how
是一段视频
Elvatyl results in violent and suicidal behavior.
能证明艾哇泰会导致暴力和自杀行为
Now, as you'll see...
如您所见
Your Honor, last year we
法官大人,就在去年
had exactly the same... We had this very...
我们用的就是这段视频
Okay, okay, one at a time.
好,好,一个一个说
This is our exhibit, Your Honor.
这是我们的证物,法官大人
We used it last year
去年我们控告坎宁先生的当事人时
in a lawsuit against Mr. Canning's client.
用的正是这段视频
That's why they should have no objection to me using it
正是如此,他们对我使用这段视频不该有异议
for the same purpose,
我要证明的是同一点
to show that Elvatyl causes suicidal thoughts.
就是艾哇泰会导致自杀的想法
This is outrageous, Your Honor.
这太过分了,法官大人
My goodness.
天啊
They're really going at it, aren't they?
它们还真是狂暴,不是吗
Look, I got another hour here.
我又有工作要做了
I just want to talk, that's all.
我只是想谈谈
So give me a call when you get this.
收到这段信息的话请给打我电话
We still have the other two employees who committed suicide
我们还有两个自杀的员工
who weren't taking Elvatyl.
他们没有服用艾哇泰
It's odd about Stern, isn't it?
斯特恩的事真够离奇,不是吗
It was so sudden.
太突然了
Yeah. I saw him the day before.
是啊,就前一天我还看见他来着
He seemed normal.
他看起来很正常
Tammy?
塔米吗
Yes.
对
She talked to me the other day.
那天才和她聊过
Here.
就在这里
Her sister told her I was the reason you broke up with her.
她姐姐跟她说你和她分手是为了我
I told Tammy
我告诉塔米
there was nothing anymore.
我们之间已经没有什么了
Whatever was between us back then.
不管以前有什么纠葛
Thank you. It's complicated.
谢谢你,这很复杂
I know.
我懂
Everything is.
所有事都一样
Okay, who's Karen?
凯伦是谁
Karen who?
哪个凯伦
Is there anybody here
这里有人
who thinks Marty is good at his job?
认为马蒂工作干的很棒吗
Huh? Anybody?
有吗
Oh, come on, there must be somebody. Madelyn?
拜托,总有人支持他吧,麦德林
Phil? What about you, Karen?
菲尔,你呢,凯伦
The other names joined our class action.
提到的另外两人都参与了集体诉讼
Who's Karen?
凯伦是谁
Karen Jennings.
凯伦·詹宁斯
She worked in the benefits department,
她是公司福利部的
and she was a friend of Martin Joyce's.
也是马丁·乔伊斯的朋友
She didn't want to join the class.
她不愿加入集体诉讼
Why not?
为何不呢
Thank you.
谢谢
Five minutes.
就五分钟
The key with Petra is to keep cool.
对付佩拉得保持冷静才行
She'll try to get a rise out of you.
她会想方设法让你情绪激动
Petra.
佩拉
Yes, Ms. Moritz, it's Alicia Florrick.
莫里兹女士,我是艾丽西娅·福瑞克
Ah, right on time. I appreciate that.
很准时,非常感谢
I'm here, too, Petra.
我也听着呢,佩拉
You have five minutes.
你有五分钟时间
Oh, Eli. Like a guardian angel.
伊莱,你可真是个守护神
I better get started, then.
那赶紧进入正题吧
So, Mrs. Florrick, your husband cheated on you
福瑞克夫人,你丈夫此前背叛过你
with a prostitute named Amber Madison.
与一名名叫安贝儿·麦迪逊的妓女私通
Are you aware of any other infidelities?
除此之外还有其他私通事件吗
No.
没
Specifically someone from his past.
尤其是与他过去相交的人
Maybe someone that he worked with,
有没有某个工作同僚
or someone you both knew socially?
或者你们在社交场合共同认识的人
No.
没有
Because you're aware that a source has approached me
请你明白我现已得到一个
with what are claimed to be substantiated
确切的消息表明
allegations of sexual conduct?
还有其他类似事件的存在
Mr. Gold informed me of this.
这点戈德先生已经告诉我了
I think the closer we get to an election,
我认为越是大选将近的时候
the more the rumor-mongering turns less into a sport
造谣这种事就越发偏离本性
and more into a strategy.
而成为一种策略
Uh... tell me what you mean by that.
请解释下你这句话的意思
Voters are often moved by last-minute rumors
临近选期的谣言总能让选民在最后一刻改选
because there is no adequate time to refute them,
因为没有足够的时间来证实谣言的真实性
and so that's why they become part of a strategy
正因如此,这种攻击对手的手段
to hurt your opponent.
已成为竞选策略的一部分
So, you believe that Wendy Scott-Carr
也就是说你觉得幕后黑手是
is behind these rumors?
温迪·斯科特卡尔咯
No.
不
I think there are people who want to hurt both candidates.
我认为有人想同时攻击两个候选人
So, your husband has sworn to you
那么,你丈夫对你发誓
that there was only the prostitute?
只有那个妓女是吗
I won't discuss personal conversations.
我不想谈论私人对话
That sounds like you're saying no.
貌似你的答案是否定的
No, that's saying that what my husband and I discuss
不,我的意思是我与我丈夫的对话
is not your business.
与你无关
Because there's a private sphere and a public sphere?
是说这种东西分私人的和公开性的吗
Yes. And
对,那么
if your husband abused his office by sleeping with a coworker,
如果你的丈夫亵渎公职,与同事私通
and he lied to the people closest to him--
并就此事对他的亲人撒谎
his wife and his children,
他的妻子,孩子
do you think the electorate should trust him?
这样的话选民还应相信他吗
Mrs. Florrick?
福瑞克夫人
So...
那么
let me ask you one last question.
我问最后一个问题
Did you have an AIDS test?
你去做过艾滋测试吗
How dare you, Petra! Go to hell!
你好大胆子,佩拉,去死吧
So keep my cool, huh?
保持冷静,对吧
Yeah, I-I don't always follow my own advice.
我有时也不按自己的规矩来
What are you doing here?
你在这干嘛呢
My job. You?
干活呗,你呢
I'm following you.
我在跟踪你
Look... Wiley knows.
听着,怀利知道了
He knows something's missing from Matan's interview with Blake,
他发现马坦对布莱克的询问记录不完整
and I know Andrew Wiley.
我了解安德鲁·怀利
He's not gonna stop until he finds out what it is.
他不查个水落石出是不会善罢甘休的
So, I talked to Matan again.
所以我又找马坦谈了一次
He's sitting on it.
他仍然按兵不动
As long as Peter wins, he'll keep quiet.
只要彼得当选,他会一直保持沉默
It's Wiley you have to worry about.
怀利才是你需要担心的
Why did you just say that?
你刚说的是什么意思
What?
什么
"As long as Peter wins."
只要彼得当选
You know.
你知道了
Why didn't you just tell Alicia?
你干嘛不直接和艾丽西娅坦白
If you just would have been upfront with her,
只要你对她实话实说,老实交代
none of this would matter. Cary.
其他的都不重要,凯里
Or is that why you became friends with her in the first place?
还是说就因为这事你才主动和她当朋友的
So, uh, Martin was a friend of yours?
马丁和你是朋友吧
Work friends, you know.
单位里的朋友,你懂的
Were you aware that he was taking anti-depressants?
你知道他在服用抗抑郁药物吗
You know, the defense have suggested
被告方提出
that he might have had a reaction
他的死亡有可能是
to his last medication.
他最后服用的药物导致的
You mean the Elvatyl?
你是指艾哇泰吗
Yeah.
对
I-I don't see how. He never took it.
这不可能,他没服过那药
He...? How-How do you know?
他...你怎么知道的
When he told me he was going on it,
他告诉我他要吃那个药时
I gave him articles on the side effects.
我给他看了一些关于副作用的文章
He got scared.
他被吓坏了
Ms. Jennings, we're gonna need you to testify.
詹宁斯女士,我们需要你出庭作证
I don't want to get involved.
我不想趟这摊浑水
Where do you work now? Where?
你现在在哪儿工作,哪里
Yeah. Company fired you a year ago,
公司在一年以前炒了你
so did you manage to find a new job?
后来你找到新工作了吗
That's none of your business.
这跟你无关
I was just wondering
我只是好奇
how you afforded the new Mercedes in your driveway.
你怎么买得起屋外那辆新奔驰呢
They looted the pension fund.
他们私吞养老基金
The executives-- 35 million.
公司管理人员,吞了3千5百万
That's why they were so desperate to shed workers.
所以他们才那么急切地想摆脱员工
It wasn't to keep jobs from being sent overseas.
才不是什么要防止工作外包
They needed to cut expenses
他们要裁剪开支
so they could use their funds to cover the shortfall.
好用他们所剩无几的基金去弥补亏空
How do you know this? Karen Jennings.
你怎么知道的,凯伦·詹宁斯
She uncovered the fraud
她在公司福利部门工作的时候
when she was working in the benefits department.
发现了养老金诈骗
She went to Kim Palmieri with it.
她去找金·帕梅里摊牌
And Palmieri bought her off?
然后帕梅里把她收买了?
It's criminal fraud.
这是刑事欺诈
Maybe even a RICO case.
甚至可能涉及到诈骗操纵和贿赂组织
Yeah, but it doesn't help us.
是,但对我们并非利好消息
Once it goes public,
一旦事件公诸于众
sure, the executives will go to jail, but...
公司管理人员肯定是要蹲监狱,不过...
The Feds seize the company's assets.
联邦调查局会冻结公司资产
Yes. Oh, that's perfect.
是的,简直棒极了
We're sitting on knowledge of a massive fraud,
明明获悉了对方涉嫌巨额欺诈
and we can't do anything about it
我们却依然束手无策
because we need the company to stay viable.
因为我们得让这公司存活下去
Maybe we can do something with it.
或许咱们还是可以有所做为的
All rise.
全体起立
I... seem to have misplaced my gavel.
我...不知道把木槌放哪儿了
Uh, I hope that doesn't undercut my authority here.
希望这没有降低我的威信
Court is now in session.
现在开庭
Do you have any more witnesses, Mr. Gardner?
你还有其他证人吗,加德纳先生
Yes, Your Honor.
有的,法官阁下
The Plaintiffs call Karen Jennings to the stand.
原告要求凯伦·詹宁斯出庭作证
Uh, Your Honor,
法官阁下
this witness was not on the Plaintiffs' witness list.
原告提供的证人名单上没有这名证人
Not by name, Your Honor, but we specifically
没有具其姓名,法官阁下,但是
reserved the right to call any former company employees,
我们特别保留了传召任何公司前雇员的权利
and Your Honor does like to err on the side of admitting evidence.
相信法官阁下也愿意尽量多地采纳证据
Uh, yes, I do.
是的,我愿意
I also like to be unpredictable.
我也很喜欢出人意料
And yet here I find myself the height of predictability.
但是这会儿我发现自己很容易被看穿
Uh, I will allow.
我批准
Your Honor, we'd like to ask for a recess at this time.
法官阁下,我们申请暂时休庭
Oh, I think it can wait until
我认为你们可以等到
it's your turn for a cross-examine, Mr. Canning.
你方的交叉盘问阶段再提出申请,坎宁先生
Your Honor...
法官阁下...
...we'd like to ask for a recess to confer with opposing counsel.
我们申请暂时休庭,以便与对方律师协商
Looks like the rocket ship's coming along.
看来火箭飞船进展不小啊
Yeah. So, what's up?
是啊,你那怎么样了
Talked to Matan.
我跟马坦谈了
He stonewalled me, too, but,
他还是跟我打太极,但是
uh, I think I-I know what he's after.
我想我知道他在隐瞒什么了
I'm just asking you to show a little discretion.
我提醒你还是谨慎些
With?
关于?
It's not what you think.
事情不是你想的那样
It's-It's personal. It's not criminal.
只是私事,不是刑事
But Childs will use it.
但是对查尔兹很有用
Why are you protecting her, Cary?
你为什么要保护她,凯里
I'm-I'm not protecting her.
我没在保护她啊
You went to see her after you talked to Matan.
你跟马坦谈完话立刻去找她了
What, are you following me?
什么,你跟踪我?
I'm doing my job.
我尽职工作而已
Just wondering why you're not doing yours.
我只是奇怪你为什么没有尽职
The company executives were looting the pension fund.
公司管理人员私吞养老金
Well, if that's true, it's a problem.
如果真是这样,那确实很麻烦
But it's also a problem for you.
但是对你们来说也是麻烦呢
You can't go to the authorities with it,
你们不能向当局告发此事
not unless you want to kiss your settlement good-bye.
否则你们的和解协议就黄了
Oh, we're talking settlement now?
我们在讨论和解协议了吗
It depends on the number.
这要看你们的要价
Without admitting anything,
这样说不代表承认任何事
it's gonna be hard for the company to afford much
不过如果公司没法弥补这所谓的诈骗亏空
without running out of money to pay back the alleged fraud.
那么赔偿金额也不可能有多少
Yes. Which is why Kim Palmieri is going to make up the difference,
是的,所以金·帕梅里才得努力弥补差额
Mr. Canning, personally.
坎宁先生,她得自掏腰包
Why would she do that?
她为什么要这样
Because Karen Jennings
因为凯伦·詹宁斯
kept a record of every executive who took part in the fraud,
记录下了参与欺诈的管理人员名单
and Kim Palmieri's name is on that list.
金·帕梅里也榜上有名
So either she ponies up,
所以,她要么付钱
or we'll see how the U.S. Attorney reacts.
要么,我们就来看看联邦检察官怎么说
My guess is he'll start by freezing the company assets,
我猜,他会先冻结公司资产
and then he'll move on to hers.
然后冻结她个人资产
Double the salary.
双倍工资
You deserve it.
你应得的
I'm happy, but thank you.
我很荣幸,总之谢谢你
Hey, get on. We'll talk about it on the way down.
上来吧,我们可以在电梯里接着谈
No, but again, thank you.
不了,但还是谢谢你
I don't bite.
我又不咬人
Actually, I think you do.
说真的,我觉得你会咬的
Look, this isn't about your husband.
听着,这跟你丈夫无关
I think you're a good lawyer.
我觉得你是名好律师
I also think you're this close to being a great lawyer,
我甚至认为你离伟大律师就只差这么一点点
and Lockhart& Gardner is not gonna get you there.
而这家律所帮不了你
They encourage weakness.
他们助长你的缺点
And yet, we've beaten you again.
可是,我们又打败了你
Do I look beaten?
我像被打败的样子吗
You called?
你打我电话了?
You forgot your glasses.
你眼镜落这儿了
I won a case,
我赢了桩案子
and I realized
但却发现
I didn't have anyone to call.
我不知道打给谁去分享喜悦
Who do you usually call when you win a case?
一般你赢了案子都打给谁
No one.
没人
Okay. Is this... Is this going somewhere?
好吧,这是...这是在暗示什么吗
A lawyer I know died a few days ago,
前几天,一位我熟识的律师去世了
and it was like he was never here.
他消失得好像从未出现过
Everyone just went back to normal.
人人都一如往常
Death.
死亡
I should sit down for death, right?
我该坐下来听,对吗
Don't go to London.
别去伦敦了
I know it's selfish of me to say,
我知道这样说很自私
but I don't want you to go to London.
但我不想你去伦敦
Maybe you should go to London.
或许你还是该去伦敦
Shut up. Shut up.
别说了,别说了
It's your career.
那是你的事业
So what do we do now?
那我们现在该怎样
I don't know.
我也不知道