手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《广告狂人》 > 广告狂人第四季 > 正文

广告狂人第四季(MP3+中英字幕):第4集:香烟广告

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Lee. Lee Don doesn't think there's a problem.

李,唐认为没什么问题
Lee those restrictions aren't going to affect Lucky Strike.
那些限制条件不会影响幸福时光香烟广告的
Besides Lee your lawyers came up with them.
况且,这些都是由你的律师提出来的
"No more smoking teenagers" we complied a year ago.
"不得利用青少年做香烟广告"这个我们去年就做到了,
"No more famous athletes"
"不能聘请着名运动员拍香烟广告"
And we have to stop using certain angles.
某些拍摄角度也要弃用了
Low angles wide lenses
低角度,广角镜头
Anything that makes the smoker appear superhuman.
不能让吸烟者显得精神奕奕,超过常人
Why is this empty? because you drank it all.
这瓶酒怎么空了,因为你全喝光了,
He can't hear you. There's kind of a loophole
他又听不见你说话,那些限制条件有个漏洞,
Because even without athletes you can still use sports.
虽然不能聘请运动员,但还是可以用体育运动为题材
Bowling for example seems a natural fit.
比如说,保龄球,就是天作之合
Bowling is a sport Lee.
保龄球当然属于体育运动了,李
Well how about horseracing?
那赛马怎么样
Lee. Lee the jockey smokes the cigarette.
李,李,骑师也抽烟啊
Did either of you ladies bring any ice with you?
你们两个谁带冰了吗
We're sorting out the focus group for pond's
我们正在为旁氏冷霜广告筹备焦点小组
And I haven't gotten the hypothesis in writing anyway.
但我还没拿到纸版的广告创意设想
He said "Don."
他说让唐接电话
We'll do our best.
我们会竭尽全力的
Peggy write it up. You haven't okayed the brief.
佩奇,写下来给她,你还没同意我的设想呢,
I liked your idea. I liked it a lot.
我喜欢你的创意,非常喜欢
The mirror one or the cleansing one?
镜子那个还是清洗那个
What's the mirror one?
镜子那个创意是怎样的
Well I think it's about the ritual
我觉得广告应该强调女人面对镜子时的心理
The multiple applications indulgence.
面部不同部位的涂抹,沉浸其中的心情
"Pond's is the only cold cream that allows me
"唯有旁氏冷霜才能让我,
to stare at myself in the mirror for 20 minutes
连续20分钟看着镜中的自己"
And feel good and not vain."
"自信面庞,娇颜绽放"
That's very good.
这创意很赞
So we're talking about girls 18 to 25.
我们的目标群体是18至25的年轻女性
Can I grab a few from around here?
我可以从公司挑一些适龄女性吗
Yeah help yourself.
当然,请自便
See I would never buy a sailboat.
我是永远不会买帆船的
I don't want to do things myself.
我不喜欢亲自动手
For that price that boat should have a motor.
那么高的价格,那艘船至少要配个马达吧
A what?
配什么
One of those too. Anything else?
那也是必须的,还有什么事吗,
I don't know. Why don't you ask Don about that?
我不知道,不如你问问唐的意见吧
I have to go to the little boys' room.
我得去趟厕所了
I'm sorry Lee can you go through that one more time?
不好意思,李,你能再说一遍吗(亲爱的唐,斯蒂芬妮说我看上去一点儿也不老,安娜)
That's the lucky strike call? Why wasn't I told?
是幸福时光香烟的电话吗,为何没人通知我
Be happy. I saved you an assache.
你就偷着乐吧,我替你免去了一顿骂
So what's so bad he couldn't tell me?
什么情况这么糟糕,他都不能亲口告诉我
Cal Rutledge from chesebroughpond's
旁氏公司的凯文·拉特利奇
Has a wild hair about clearasil.
看克利拉思不顺眼
He thinks they're in conflict.
他觉得二者的广告有相冲之处
Pimple cream and cold cream?
祛痘霜和冷霜有相冲之处吗
That's a rather broad definition. Does it matter?
真不知道他们是怎么下定义的,那有关系吗,
Look Pete we're going to have to resign the clearasil account.
听着,皮特,我们只能放弃克利拉思的广告单了
Why? Lane.
为什么,莱恩你来说,
It can't be up for debate.
答案显而易见
Clearasil is worth $1.25 million in billings
克利拉思的单子价值125万
And pond's over two. No.
而旁氏的单子却价值200万,不,
Do you know what it took to get my fatherinlaw
你知道我花了多大力气才说服我岳父
to join this new firm to begin with?
和我们这家新公司签约的吗
15% of $750000
75万美元的15% (西方广告代理制度规定,代理费用为15%)
Is near $113000.
利益差额有11万多呢
Roger I don't expect him to understand this
罗杰,我不指望他能理解
But do you have any idea
但你知不知道
of what I've had to do to keep that account?
我为了保住这个单子付出了多少努力
The personal toll I've paid?
欠下了多大的人情
I do but you've been good to him
我理解,但你对他一直很好啊
Remember that saleswise.
记住这点,销售达人
Mr. Sterling. I don't believe this.
斯特林先生,简直难以置信,
Roger. Throw yourself on the grenade.
罗杰,别给自己留退路,
Protect the agency. You're a partner now.
以公司利益为重,你现在是合伙人了
This evening if you can.
今晚有空一定记得参加
Over half this agency is dedicated to your needs
大半个公司都在为你们的广告而努力工作
But if you want to get into the linebyline
如果你一定要看那些条条框框的文件
Of the costs we've billed for
核查我们所收的费用
I'll have Lane Pryce at the foot of your bed in 20 minutes.
我会让莱恩·普莱斯20分钟后亲自送给你
Oh my god there's some kind of fire.
噢,老天啊,居然着火了
Right down by radio city.
就在洛克菲勒娱乐城楼下
Roger we should go. Sorry Lee.
罗杰,我们该跑路了,抱歉,李
We gotta go. Okay byebye.
我先挂了,好的,再见
Should I type all this up?
需要我把这些都打印出来吗
Yes and remind me to remind Caroline to tell Lane
是的,记得提醒我让卡罗琳去告诉莱恩
That lucky strike noticed that they're being billed
幸福时光香烟那边已经察觉到
For all the work we do for everybody else at this agency.
公司的所有运作费用都是由他们在支付
You know what? I don't want that on paper.
刚这句话别记下来
Who is that? A dear friend.
那是谁,一个好朋友,
Is that the letter from california?
那封信是加州寄来的吗
Yes.
是的
I hate this office.
我讨厌这间办公室
You wanted to be close to Roger.
当初是你想和罗杰的办公室靠的近一些
Make yourself at home why don't you?
把办公室当家一样随意,你怎么不干这蠢事呢
Did you see Sunday's paper?
你看了周日的报纸吗
If this is about the Playtex ad they keep complaining about
如果你说的是公众对倍得适广告的责难的话
I've been told the printer swapped paper stocks.
我已经查明,是印刷工弄错了纸张
And I don't care if she looks like a puerto rican.
我才懒得管她看上去是不是像个波多黎各人
Puerto rican girls buy brassieres.
波多黎各的女孩也要买胸罩的啊
Not that they need to.
那可不一定
I saw this one on the subway
我就在地铁看过一个女孩儿
In one of those striped Jean Seberg shirts
穿着珍·茜宝(著名女星)式的条纹衬衫
Red rag in her hair nipples
用碎布条扎着头发,乳头都...
I'm not in the mood. What do you want?
我没心情谈论这个,你到底想说什么
Cosgrove's getting married. So?
科斯格罗夫要结婚了,那又如何,
He took us to the opera last month
他上个月请我们去看歌剧了
Great seats and now I know why.
贵宾座,现在我终于明白为什么了
It turns out her father shits gold ingots. What does he do?
原来他岳父是个大富翁,他是干什么的,
C.F.O. Of Corning.
康宁集团的财务总监
My fatherinlaw's a bus driver.
我岳父是个公交车驾驶员
The only place he can take me is to the Moon.
倒是可以幻想他带我登上月球
Ken's the competition. Why are you going to the opera with him?
肯是我们的竞争对手,你为何与他一同去看歌剧
Geyer is twice our size
盖尔广告公司可比我们大多了
And we're friends aren't we?
况且我们是朋友,不是吗
Friends.
朋友
Why are you always looking for a job?
你为何总是一心想高攀
What?
什么
Look Pete.
听着,皮特
There's a group of us we're all coming up together.
我们一群人约好了,到时候都会一起去的
You don't think Kenny's a comer?
你不觉得可以从肯身上获得好处吗
You know he has Mountain Dew? That's pepsi.
你知道他手上有激浪的广告单吧,那可是百事公司的产品
We're having lunch tomorrow. Tag along.
我们明天一起吃午饭,一起去啊
He always asks about you. Of course he does.
他总是问起你呢,他当然会问起我了,
Worst case Kenny'll brag too much
或许肯到时候会过度自吹自擂
and you can steal a client from him.
然后你可以从他那儿偷走一个客户
Hello.
你好
I'm sorry. That looks like bad news.
我很遗憾,看上去像是坏消息
Oh it's not mine. I'm Joyce.
噢,那不是我的,我叫乔伊斯
I work at "Life" assistant photo editor.
我在《生活》杂志工作,助理图片编辑员
Peggy Olson
我叫佩奇·奥尔森
Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce copywriter.
斯库德普广告公司,我是个文案
Really?
是吗
"Life"MagazineI love your photos.
《生活》杂志,我喜欢里面的图片,
Well you'll never see these.
这些图片你在杂志上可看不到
I have to admit I'd be shocked.
我必须承认我深受震撼
He's my friend and my boss hates nudes.
摄影师是我一个朋友,但我老板讨厌裸体照片
Who hates nudes?
有谁会讨厌裸体艺术呢
That's a beautiful one.
那张真漂亮
I'm going to the mailroom.
我要去邮件收发室了
Peggy right? 37th floor?
佩奇,对吧,在37层楼工作
Tom you're 15 minutes early.
汤姆,你早到了15分钟
So are you. Sit down.
彼此彼此,请坐
We can eat anytime or not at all.
我们可以随时开吃,或者干脆不吃了
Excuse me. Dewar's on the rocks.
这边,迪沃斯威士忌加冰
What's so important?
有何要事相商
Well Tom
是这么回事,汤姆
How are you feeling?
你觉得怎么样
Couldn't be better.
很好
I hope you know I've always done my best to make you happy.
希望你能明白,我一直尽力取悦你
I do.
我知道
And there's no reason as far as I'm concerned
我认为我们没有必要
that there should be any change in the way that we deal with each other.
改变长期以来的相处方式
Tom I
汤姆,我...
This is very hard for me to say.
这对我来说难以启齿
I honestly don't know how you're going to take this
我真的不知道你将如何接受
and it's been very hard to separate
想要我们后半辈子
our business relationship from the rest of our life
没有生意来往很困难
But they should be separate.
但是,生意应该与私人关系分开
You are some kind of high wasp all right.
你唠唠叨叨我头都大了
Look I can't keep this up.
听着,我憋不住了
Keep what up?
什么憋不住了
I heard. You know?
我听说了,你已经知道了,
You crazy kid.
你很厉害嘛
What are you talking about?
你在说什么呢
Jeannie was with Trudy at the doctor.
珍妮带特鲁迪去看了医生
Congratulations!
祝贺你
What?
什么
Oh shit.
我靠
Jesus Mary and Joseph.
我的天哪
It was Monday for crying out loud.
这都星期一的事情了,搞什么名堂
Why hasn't she told you?
她怎么还没跟你说
I don't know.
不知道
Well it may be her news but it is good news.
可能她还不想跟你说,但这个是好消息
You can't tell her that I told you. You can't.
你不能告诉她是我跟你说的,绝对不能
I'm going to be a father?
我要当爸爸了
Can you believe it? Huh?
难以置信,是吧
I'm going to be a father. Yeah.
我要当爸爸了,没错,
I feel like my heart's going to burst.
我觉得我心都要跳出来了
Champagne right here. Bring a bottle.
拿一瓶香槟过来
We're going to tie one on.
我们要一醉方休
If it's a boy it's $1000;
是个男孩的话,小礼1000美金
A girl $500.
女孩的话就500
I'll do what I can do.
我尽我所能
You really can't tell Trudy.
你真的不能跟特鲁迪说
I don't know how I let the cat out of the bag.
我不知道为什么管不住自己的破嘴
I thought you knew what I was talking about.
我以为你知道我说什么
What did you think I was talking about?
你觉得我说的是什么
What? Why did you have to see me?
什么,你找我有什么事,
I just wanted to
我想要
We're putting new creative on Clearasil.
我们要为克利拉思做新的广告创意
Oh fine. Who cares?
随便,管它的
May you know this feeling many times.
愿你常记今日所感
Mmm. I only had the one
嗯,我只有一个爱女
and I love her to death but I wish we'd had more.
她是我的掌上明珠,但我总希望自己儿女成群
Jeannie had her uterus removed
珍妮做了子宫切除手术
Some kind of a cyst or something.
说是子宫囊肿什么的
Trudy.
特鲁迪
I'm sick Peter. I'm so sick about this.
我烦透了,皮特,我再也忍不下去了
Daddy just called me from a pay phone
爸爸刚才用公用电话打给我
drunk and in tears.
他喝醉了,又哭
I know what you think.
我知道你在想什么
I just wanted to wait till our anniversary to tell you.
我只想等到结婚纪念日再告诉你
I don't care Trudy.
我不在意,特鲁迪
I don't care how I heard.
我不在意是谁告诉我这个消息的
Oh Peter.
哦,皮特
How did this happen?
怎么突然就怀上了
What did the doctor say?
医生怎么说的
He said I was going to have a baby.
他说我要当妈妈了
I want to pick you up and spin you around
我多想把你抱起来转上一圈
But I don't want to damage anything in there.
但我又怕伤到肚子里的孩子
I'm so happy you're happy.
你高兴我就高兴
I don't know. It feels much different than I expected.
我不知道,跟我想象中的感觉完全不一样
How would you know what this feels like?
你怎么知道会是什么感觉
Come get off your feet.
来,坐下歇会儿吧
How are you feeling?
你感觉如何
Tell me you'll forgive my father.
向我保证你会原谅我父亲
They already think you hate them
他们本来就觉得你不喜欢他们
And honestly it's my fault.
说实话,都是我的过错
I don't hate them.
我不讨厌他们
I shouldn't have taken my mother to the doctor
我不应该和我妈一起去看医生
not that doctor.
至少不是那个医生
It's just I thought something was going on
我就是觉得有点不太对劲
and I was so prepared to be disappointed
我已经准备面对不好的结果
or that god forbid something was really wrong.
但愿不要发生什么事
Trudy I had to talk to him.
特鲁迪,我得和他谈谈
Because the agency has to drop Clearasil.
因为公司已经准备放弃克利拉思
Why? There's another product that's similar
为什么,有另外的产品与之相似,
And we can't a conflict.
我们不能,引起冲突,
Peter I'm familiar with the term. You use it all the time.
我听惯这个词了,你经常用
I invited him there
我邀请他去了酒吧
And his good news trumped my bad news.
但是他说了个大好消息,让我不忍开口
And the funny thing is that was the moment to tell him.
有趣的是,那应该是告诉他的最佳时机
I was so bowled over.
我被兴奋冲昏了头脑
We did it.
我们成功了
Why don't you let my father hear this from me?
不如让我去告诉父亲这件事吧
He's already so guilty he'll never feel the knife go in.
他已经很内疚了,他不会感到伤心了
I can't let you do that.
我不能让你那么做
But I'm the one who talked him
但一开始就是我劝他
into returning to the agency to begin with.
与你们的新公司签单的
We needed him. And now you don't.
我们当时需要他,但你们现在不需要了,
He'll be fine. Tomorrow night.
他会没事的,明天晚上就去说
Yankee pot roast.
美式炖肉
Let's go. Caroline will be watching your desk.
走吧,卡罗琳替你的班
Why don't you have to do this?
为什么你不用去开会
You don't have to do this. You're getting paid.
你也可以不去,工资照发
We're old and we're married. They don't want us.
我们已婚而且人老珠黄了,他们不需要我们
But I use Pond's. I do.
但是我在用旁氏,真的
Come on.
来吧
Girls find your places.
女士们,各自就座
Megan help me with the curtains.
梅根,把窗帘拉上
No matter how late I come I'm always waiting for someone.
我来得再晚,都有人比我更晚
I had to wait until the girls left the ladies' room to change.
我得等到她们离开洗手间才能换衣服
You could've used my office but I don't have one.
你本来可以用我的办公室,可惜我没有
This isn't right.
这个不对
I thought you wanted "Faye" Not "Dr. Miller."
我还以为你要我写菲娅,而不是米勒博士
Yes but I told someone to leave the "E" Off of "Faye."
没错,但是我让你们把姓名中的E去掉
I like to be able to correct it in front of the girls.
我想当着姑娘们的面纠正
It makes them trust me.
好赢取她们的信任
Because your name is spelled wrong?
就因为你名字拼错了吗
Because I'm obviously not that important. I don't need it.
是因为我明显没那么重要,我不需要这个了
I have to warn you there's lots of perfume.
我得提醒你,里面香水味很浓
There always is.
一直都这样
Why everyone has a nifty name tag.
为何每个人都有一个精致的姓名标签呢
Very well then. I suppose
好吧,我想我应该
I'll work in Mr. Sterling's office.
去斯特林先生的办公室工作
He won't be coming.
他不会来了
As I said my name is Faye.
刚才说过,我名字叫菲娅
I don't have a name tag.
我没有姓名标签
I guess they forgot about me.
我想是他们把我忘了
Well they got mine wrong.
他们把我的名字写错了
I'm Dotty.
我叫多蒂
I mean I'm not a dotty person.
我不是说我很古怪(Dotty意译为古怪)
That's my name.
那只是我的名字
Hello Dotty.
多蒂,你好
So there's no reason to be anxious.
没必要紧张
We have to enjoy the fact that
我们要乐于享受
we're all getting paid not to work for a little bit.
偶尔不工作也能拿工资
But don't worry that's our little secret.
但是别担心,这是我们的小秘密
And I'd like you to think that this is just a bunch of your friends
你们大家要觉得这只是一伙朋友
as if maybe this is a sorority
就像妇女联谊会一样
Or a bridal shower... with tea.
或者新娘的婚前派对,一杯清茶
Or just a bunch of us celebrating say
又或者是我们一群人
Allison's birthday at my apartment.
在我的公寓庆祝艾莉森的生日
You shouldn't be surprised
你们不必诧异
looking around the room
看看这屋子
that we're here to talk about
我们在此谈一谈...
Beauty.
美,
What are the things we all do to keep ourselves beautiful
平时我们都怎么保持美丽容颜
or simply to enhance it?
或者使自己更美丽
Please pass a Danish.
麻烦把丹麦点心递给我
You don't have to raise your hand.
大家不必举手,请直接发言
Anyone?
有人来开个头吗
I can say it.
我抛砖引玉一下
I have a routine.
我老是有个习惯
I brush my hair 100 times
就是梳头一百次
Just like I did when I was a little girl
我还是个小女孩儿的时候就这么做的
But of course only the night before I have it set.
当然只是在我做头发之前
Very cute. Can you imagine?
有意思,你能想象吗,
Your financial future's in the hands
你未来的钱途可就掌握在
Of a roomful of 22yearold girls.
这一屋子二十二岁的女孩儿手上
Not mine.
不是我的
Okay.
好的
Sometimes I watch my weight.
有时候我会注意一下体重
No one's hungry?
没人想吃吗
I'd like a Danish.
我也想吃丹麦点心
I don't use Pond's if that's what you're asking.
我不用旁氏冷霜,如果你是想问这个的话
Mmm that's okay.
嗯,不要紧
I'm of French extraction and my mother has beautiful skin.
我有法国血统,我妈妈皮肤很好
She never washes her face.
她从来不洗护皮肤
She's not dirty. She uses water but nothing else.
当然不是说脏,她只用清水洗脸
And you do what she does?
你跟她一样吗
What does she do?
她具体怎么做的
She stands at the sink and she runs the water
她站在洗脸台前,把水打开
Until it's just the perfect temperature not too hot.
把水温调到合适,不能太烫
And she splashes it on her face
然后她把水洒在脸上
And she pats her cheeks with her fingertips.
用指尖轻轻拍打脸部
And she looks at herself?
然后她就照镜子吧
Yes she does.
是,没错
She's amazing.
她棒极了
I sit at my vanity
我坐在梳妆台前
and I have this night cream
涂抹晚霜
my boyfriend laughed at me.
我男朋友就笑我
What was so funny about it?
有什么好笑的
It was just you know one time.
因为,有一次
At christmas eve we were staying up late
平安夜的时候,我们玩到很晚
And we were playing house I guess.
好像是在玩过家家
You shouldn't do things for them.
女人不该为男人苦心保养容颜
They don't appreciate it.
他们根本不会感激你的付出
You don't think they appreciate you being beautiful?
你觉得你变漂亮了他们也无动于衷吗
We broke up a year ago.
我们一年前分手了
Actually I don't know what he noticed
我不知道他注意到什么了
But it wasn't me I guess.
但我想肯定不是我
It's worse then they notice sometimes.
有时候他们注意到你,才更加糟糕
Allison please continue.
艾莉森,请继续
It it's nothing.
没,没什么
Are you in there? Yes.
你在里面吗,在,
I asked your girl to inform me of your arrival.
我跟你秘书说了,让你回来了就通知我
She's in that group.
她在开会
Did you speak with Tom?
你和汤姆谈过了吗
I'm sorry. It didn't happen.
不好意思,没谈成
The opportunity passed.
我错过了机会
Well then we shall endeavor to recreate it.
那我们应该想办法再创造机会
Perhaps lunch today?
今天午饭怎么样
I'm afraid Roger has already informed Pond's
恐怕罗杰已经跟旁氏那边说
that this was attended to.
这件事已经办妥了
That's sloppy.
真够草率的
I have a lunch but I'm seeing him tonight.
我已经吃了午餐,晚上再约他吧
Dame it.
该死的
Lane.
莱恩
I just found out I'm going to be a father.
我刚知道我要当爸爸了
Well now that should take the sting out of all of this.
恭喜啊,真是个难得的好消息
I suppose.
我想是的
Uh I apologize.
抱歉
That's the very best news.
应该是个天大的好消息
Congratulations. Thank you.
祝贺你,谢谢,
And I just kept thinking
我一直在想
"Why does he stare at other girls?"
"他为什么要盯着别的女孩看"
Well men do that but
当然,男人爱这么做,但
But does he look at me that way?
但他会这样盯着我看吗
And we're not married so who am I?
而且我们没结婚,那我算什么呢
How the hell did this get so sad so fast?
她们怎么会这么快入戏
Shh! I know I'm speaking for everyone here.
嘘,我知道我说的也是大家的心声,
You can't think it has anything to do with how you look Dotty.
这与你的相貌没有任何关系,多蒂
You can only do your best with what god gave you.
上帝赐给你一张脸,你只能尽力使它好看一些
What about makeup?
那化妆呢
I feel like it doesn't matter what I see.
自己觉得好看没用
It matters what he sees.
他觉得好看才行
I feel like I gave him everything
我感觉我为他付出所有
and I got nothing.
却毫无回报
I could see she was gonna crack.
早料到她会崩溃
Allison?
艾莉森
Are you all right dear?
亲爱的,你还好吗
It's okay. She'll be all right. Should I
别紧张,她会没事的,我是不是该...
If she wanted to be around us she would've stayed.
如果她想人陪,就不会走开了
Sarah what do you do that makes you feel good about the way you look?
莎拉,你是如何让自己自信面对容颜的呢
I feel kind of responsible. Do you mind?
我觉得应该去看看她,可以吗
Is there any kind of ritual?
有什么"独门美容秘笈"吗
I think my strategy was right.
我觉得我的广告创意是对的
They just want to get married
女人们就想结婚
And they'll buy anything that'll help.
而且不惜在这上面花钱
Are you all right? Oh it's you.
你没事吧,是你啊,
Come with me.
跟我来
People cry in these things all the time grown men.
女人总是为了男人伤心流泪
I was in a bunch when I first started working here.
刚来这儿时大家都是这个样子
I'd say half the time somebody cries.
我敢说半数人哭泣都是因为这个原因
Really?
真的吗
I think it just feels good to talk.
跟人谈谈心就没事了
I can't even say anything
我什么都不能说
because I know he's right out there
因为我知道他就在外面
right through the glass.
就隔着那玻璃坐着
Who?
谁,
I don't know how you stand it.
不知道你是怎么熬过来的
The way he turns on the charm one minute
他一下温柔无比
and then yanks it away.
一下又当什么事都没发生过
How can you even talk to him?
你到底怎么跟他交流
Don?
唐,
Would you stop it?
别装了行吗
I realize you must've gone through everything I've gone through.
我知道发生在我身上的事,你肯定也经历过
But now I know. It's just he's a drunk.
但我知道,当时他只是醉了
And they get away with murder because they forget everything.
酒后乱性就不用负责任
I don't know what you think.
自己别瞎猜
Forget it.
算了
Your problem is not my problem.
我不存在你那种问题
Fine. And honestly you should get over it.
好吧,说句实话,你应该把这事给忘了,
please leave me alone.
请你快走吧
Thank you. Thanks.
谢谢,谢谢,
Bye. Bye.
拜,拜,
Did she go home? No she's fine.
她回去了吗,没,她没事,
Nothing else good happened.
后面没什么精彩的
That went very well.
进行得非常不错
You can stop the tape.
可以停止录音了
Is she oka
她没事吧
Who? Yeah she's fine.
谁,是的,她没事,
All right. Let's talk preliminary results.
好了,我们来谈谈初步结论
Is it all right if we put this back the way it goes?
不介意把这地方还给我们吧
We can go to my office. Let's go in there.
去我办公室吧,我们去那边吧,
That's big big news.
这可是天大的消息
If you need any baby crap Jen and I have a closetful.
如果你们需要育儿经,我们经验丰富
Hello fellas. Good to see you Kenny.
各位好,肯尼,见到你真好,
Pete. How are you Ken?
皮特,还好吗,肯,
Mr. Crane. Over here gil.
克雷恩先生,我才是,
There's a phone call for you.
有您的电话
I've gotta get this.
我得去接
Those goniffs at C.B.S. are screwing me again.
C.B.S电视网的那些混球又来给我找麻烦了
Those what? Order for me caesar salad no dressing.
那些什么,帮我点餐,凯撒沙拉,免调料,
You want to take a look?
要看看菜单吗
Sure.
当然
Listen. I've got to get this out of the way.
听着,我想开诚布公地跟你谈谈
But I would appreciate it for the future
我希望你以后
if you would not say shit things about me behind my back.
不要在背后说我的坏话
What?
什么
Come on. Are you gonna deny it and make it worse?
拜托,大男人要敢做敢当
I don't know what you've heard but it's not true.
我不知道你听到了什么风言风语,但那都不是真的
You didn't call me an allamerican idiot who fell into everything?
你难道没说我是个处处失败的美国傻B吗
Whom did I supposedly say this to?
我会跟谁讲这些呢
Does it matter?
这重要吗
Well I'd like to defend myself.
我总得替自己辩解下吧
I heard that you told your wife that I was driving the tractor
我听闻你跟你妻子说事故发生时(第三季中的办公室事故)
When the accident happened. What?
开拖拉机的人是我,什么,
I don't think so.
我可没这么说
What I probably said was that you were involved
我说的好像是,你跟那件事脱不了关系
We all were and that it was your account.
我们都有责任,而且那是你的客户
And crane told me yesterday
昨天克雷恩还告诉我
you said I was marrying for money.
你说我是看上了岳父家的钱才结婚
I didn't say that. He did.
不是我,是他说的
Well he's like that and everybody who knows him knows that.
他就是那样的人,认识他的人都知道这一点
But when you say it and
但从你嘴里说出来
especially when it gets back to my fiancee
而且还传到我未婚妻的耳朵去了
Trudy knows her you know some garden club.
特鲁迪认识她,她们同属某个园艺俱乐部
I was unaware of that.
我无心的
Look. You know what?
听我说
I apologize mea culpa.
我道歉,是我不对
That's textbook Harry.
哈里真他妈的跟录音机一样
You know what? He's buying lunch.
知道吗,这顿他请
I don't really care. I'm just glad to be out of the office.
我无所谓,能出来透透气就很满足了
Mmm it is nice especially without having to listen
确实不错,尤其是不用听
to some client yammering about how dirty the city is.
某些客户抱怨这城市有多脏
How's it going?
在那边怎么样
I've been floating along laterally
我一直都只是随便玩玩
but I don't know that it's a love affair.
没想到后来却产生了强烈的兴趣
It's better than Mccann. What was that like?
比麦肯广告公司要好,之前那家怎么样,
Are you kidding me? It's the worst agency I've ever seen.
你在开玩笑吗,它是我见过最烂的公司
The worst.
烂中之最
My mother was a nurse at the state hospital in Vermont
我妈曾是佛蒙特州立医院的护士
and that was the last time
我还以为我再也不会
I saw so many retarded people in one building.
在一栋楼里见到成群的弱智
So you're getting married. Congratulations.
不管怎么样,你快结婚了,恭喜
It's all that really matters right?
这才是最重要的,对吧
Actually I have a bit of news of my own.
事实上,我也有个小消息告诉你
Trudy is with child.
特鲁迪怀孕了
Good for you. Good for you.
真不错,真不错
I'll be honestI can't wait.
老实说,我等不及了
It's very good so far.
目前情况不错
Hmm. A new family a new agency
新生命,新公司
It has to be exciting.
振奋人心
Well you know wherever you do this job You're doing this job.
其实,不管在哪家公司,还不是一样工作
I know you're all slaves to Draper over there
我明白在那边,你们都得听命于德雷柏
but I'd rather be a slave to creative than some old fart.
但跟着有创意的人,总比跟着些老废物好
Whoever pours the last drink gets all the credit
功劳都被上司抢去了
And you're spinning your wheels half the time.
而你很多时候都得累死累活的
Right now we're chasing Mountain Dew.
现在我们在抢激浪这单生意
Supposedly we're going to turn it into Pepsi
理想的话,我们可以和百事签约
but the only reason Pepsi would do it
但除非我们打败天联广告公司
is to make B.B.D.O. sweat.
百事才会把单子交给我们
This whole idea that we'd get the bigger company is a joke.
我们扩大公司的想法简直是个笑话
We'd just end up with a bunch of little pieces.
最后我们只是一盘散沙
Well the grass is always greener.
别担心,总会有你施展抱负的机会的
Oh who am I kidding?
我在开什么玩笑呢
Look how lucky we are.
看看我们多幸运
Another Campbell that's just what the world needs.
世界还需要一个你这样的人才
Can I come in? It's your office.
我能进来吗,这本来就是你的办公室,
Glad to see you're feeling better.
你没事我就放心了
If you don't feel like working...
如果你没心情工作...
What?
有事吗
I'm very embarrassed.
我感觉非常尴尬
People cry in those groups all the time Allison.
这种调查小组经常会有人哭的,艾莉森
That's not what I'm embarrassed about.
我不是因为这个
This actually happened.
那晚发生的事无法否认
I know.
我懂了
I know.
明白了
We made a mistake
我们犯了错
and I feel like it's awkward
这让我感觉很尴尬
And it's better for both of us if I move on.
如果我离开的话,对我们俩都好
I don't think that's necessary. We're both adults.
其实没这个必要,我们都是成年人
No I really would feel better about it.
不是,这样我真的会感觉好些
A friend of mine told me about a job at a magazine
我一个朋友告诉我,杂志社在招人
and I thought that might be interesting working for a woman.
我想,替一个女老板工作的话,应该也挺有意思的
Anyway I
总之,我
I would appreciate it if you could write me a recommendation.
你如果能写封推荐信,我感激不敬
Absolutely. What would probably be even better
没问题,你希望得到怎样的评价
is if you type up whatever you want and I'll sign it.
自己打出来,我直接签名就行
What? You've been sparkling in your duties.
什么,你工作表现极佳,
Just put it on my stationery put whatever you want and I'll sign it.
无论你在推荐信上写什么,我都会签字
I don't say this easily
我不喜欢骂人
but you're not a good person.
但你真是个混蛋
Allison hold on.
艾莉森,等下
What's going on?
怎么回事
I'm gonna need a new secretary.
帮我找个新秘书
And this cleaned up.
再把这里清干净
Would you be open to allison returning in a couple of days?
还愿意给艾莉森一次机会吗
If that's what she wants.
如果她愿意的话
Really?
真的吗
No.
不要了
There's a Joyce Ramsey to see you at reception.
接待处有一位乔伊斯·拉姆齐要见你
So at this point you've read everything out here?
这么说,上面内容的你都会看
I don't even like magazines
我并不喜欢杂志
but I brought in a book and they told me it didn't look right.
但工作时间带书来看又不太适合
Do you want to come back and see my office?
想进我的办公室看看吗
Another time.
下次吧
Listen my friend the photographer
我那个摄影师朋友
Mr. Reject he's having a...
就是之前被拒绝采用的那个,他要举办一个...
I don't even know what to call it... downtown.
我也不知道叫什么,在市中心
Are you inviting me?
你是在邀请我吗
Are you afraid of the subway? Of course not.
你害怕坐地铁吗,当然不怕,
Thanks sweetheart.
谢谢你,甜妞
Washington Market
华盛顿交易所
Unless you have to work or have plans that are more interesting.
要是没有工作或更有趣的事要忙
It starts at 9:00. I'll be there at 10:00.
九点开始,我十点会到
She's kind of pretentious.
她颇有点自命不凡
I know.
我知道
Darling we're so excited.
亲爱的,我们太高兴了
Is that you Peter?
是你回来了吗,皮特
I'm gonna keep my mouth shut from now on.
从现在起,我主动禁言
Well hello there.
你回来啦
How are you feeling?
感觉如何
A little behind.
没什么感觉呢
Why don't you let me fix my father and you a drink
不如我去给父亲和你倒杯酒
And you can show my mother
你可以带我妈看看
what we have planned for the maid's room.
我们给女佣准备的房间
I'll make the drinks. I don't care.
我去倒酒就可以了,不用客气
No why don't you show your mother the maid's room?
不,你带妈妈去看女佣的房间吧
I don't know that I'm an expert.
那些我可不大懂
Oh okay.
好吧
Come along mother.
妈,跟我来吧
We're a couple of lucky ducks aren't we?
我们真是幸运,不是吗
We are. Tom let me ask you something.
是啊,汤姆,我有事得问问你
What are you having? In a minute. Listen
你这有什么酒,稍等,是这样的,
Oh I know what you're gonna say.
我知道你想说什么
You need a bigger apartment. I get it.
你们得换套更大的公寓,我懂
Every time you jump to conclusions
每次你急于定论
Tom you make me respect you less.
汤姆,就让我对你少点敬意
What? Look.
什么,是这样的,
You gave us Clearasil and we're extremely grateful
你把克利拉斯的案子给我们,我们深表感激
But there's only so much business it's going to do.
但我们目前手头实在忙不过来
Yeah well that's kind of in your hands isn't it?
但这个广告案归你管,不是吗
I'm done auditioning.
我不准备接了
You gave us this under a certain pretext.
你给我们这案子是有条件的
I've done well by you. And the idea was
我也接受了,但问题是
If we do well by this account
如果我们这个案子做得很好
You'll give us a shot at the big one
你应该给我们一个机会去接更大的广告案
Because right now I have bigger business than Clearasil.
现在,我们手头有个单子可比克利拉斯大多了
Are you mad at me?
你这是在生我气吗
No. Clearasil was conflicted out by a bigger company
不,旁氏公司觉得自身产品和克利拉斯有冲突
And I'm trying to build a business here.
我只是为了业务考虑而已
Well what do you want?Do you want the cough syrup?
那你想怎么样,还想要咳嗽糖浆那个
I want all of it.
我都想要
I want the formula 44 mixture
我希望拿下维克斯44系列所有产品的广告案
The cough drops the inhaler VapoRub.
咳嗽糖浆,吸入器,伤风膏
Who's doing a better job for you than I have?
我一心为你服务,有谁会比我做得更好呢
Well you've given me something to think about.
我得好好想想
Really?
真的
I think it's pretty simple.
其实这事很简单
What can I get you?
想喝什么
Trudy do we have any ice?
特鲁迪,有冰块吗
You son of a bitch.
你这个混蛋
Tom you have to come see this.
汤姆,快来看看这个
Joyce!
乔伊斯
I made it. You look so elegant.
终于到了,你看上去真像个名媛,
Okay.
谢谢
Peggy works in the same building.
佩奇跟我在同一幢楼里工作
Sharon was one of Davey's models.
雪伦是戴维的模特
What did your mother say? Oh she doesn't know.
你妈对你做裸体模特怎么说,她不知道,
What is that? He screws around with movies too.
那是什么,他还捣鼓点电影,
He's not as good at it.
但水平差强人意
I can't believe how big this place is.
真不敢相信这地方这么大
I think it was a sweatshop.
以前应该是家血汗工厂
Is there beer or something?
有啤酒什么的吗
I thought I saw someone with a beer.
好像看到有人喝啤酒
Jesus.
天呐
I thought I needed a lot of attention.
在这里真该多加小心才是
Listen I'm already high
我已经抽过了
But this is easier than finding a beer.
这个绝对要比啤酒更带劲儿
If you'd like?
要试试吗
I'd love it.
乐意尝试
I'm hungry.
我很饥渴
I have a boyfriend.
我有男朋友的
He doesn't own your vagina.
你的阴道又不属于他
No but he's renting it.
但被他租用中
This film is more interesting than I thought.
这电影比我想象中有趣多了
It's rhythmic.
很有节奏感
Yeah.
是啊
I thought I was gonna get to meet him.
还以为能一睹摄影师的真容
Abe!
艾博
Where the hell's Kellogg?
凯洛格人呢
Hey. Abe.
你好,我是艾博
Are you with Joyce? Are you?
你跟乔伊斯一起的吗,是吗,
I'm peggy. Peggy's a writer.
我是佩奇,佩奇是个作家,
So am I. What do you write?
我也是,你写什么的
I'm a copywriter.
我是广告文案
But what do you write?
到底写什么的
That is writing.
就是写广告的
You're not working on something else?
不做其他工作吗
Davey Kellogg this is Peggy Olson.
戴维·凯洛格,这位是佩奇·奥尔森
She wanted to meet you. I'm catholic.
她想见你,我是天主教徒,
So do you like it?
那你喜欢裸体艺术吗
I don't think I'm supposed to.
我的确不该有此喜好
I love your nudes. We're looking for photographers.
我喜欢你拍的裸体艺术照,我们正好在找摄影师
I'm glad I was here to see this.
我很高兴适逢其会
Who's "We"? I work at Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce
你们是谁,我在斯库德普公司工作,
Advertising. Why would I ever do that?
是家广告公司,我有何理由要加入,
So you can get paid to practice your art.
这样你就能得到报酬,实践你的艺术
Art in advertising?
广告中寻求艺术
Why would anyone do that after Warhol?
沃霍尔之后,还有谁会这么干(安迪·沃霍尔,波普艺术的倡导者和领袖,不但是优秀广告人,还是明星式艺术家)
Sorry for somebody to sell their soul
抱歉,想售卖灵魂的话
They've got to have one.
那也得有灵魂才行
It's a raid!
是警察来临检
This way.
这边走
Wait wait.
等等
Nobody move!
都不许动
you know I've been arrested before.
其实,我之前被捕过
for what?
所为何事
I was writing about this Boycott in Harlem
我当时在写哈林区黑人抵抗运动的报道
And they wouldn't leave so I didn't leave.
他们不放弃,我当然不会离开
Oh. Did you go to jail?
那你入狱了吗
No.
没,
My sister came and got me.
我姐姐保释了我
I feel like I should kiss you.
你让我情不自禁想吻你
Come on.
快走
They chased everybody down the fire escape.
他们把所有人都堵截在了防火梯那边
Are they beating people? They took the film.
他们打人吗,拿走了影片,
I should see this. It could be a story.
我得去看看,定会是篇好报道
How can I find you? I know where she is.
以后怎么找你,我知道她在哪,
Nice to see you miss Blankenship.
你好,布兰肯希普小姐
I look forward to hearing that every day.
我每天都盼望听到这句话
There's coffee and a roll on your desk
咖啡和卷饼在你桌上
And Mr. Sterling would like to see you.
斯特林先生想见你
Roger he's here.
罗杰,他来了
Could you get the others?
帮我叫下其他人
Blankenship? Boy.
布兰肯希普,天呐
Hello? Could you fetch Campbell and Pryce Lane misters.
你好,帮我接坎贝尔和莱恩·普莱斯先生
What did you do to make them take her out of mothballs?
你做了什么好事,居然把她给请出山了
She was working in Cooper's apartment.
她不是在库珀家做的吗
Allison found a better opportunity.
艾莉森另有高就
Do you know he works without pants?
你知道他喜欢光着下身工作吗
Morning Don.
早上好,唐
Don. Morning.
唐,早
I'd like to say in front of this informal partners' meeting
非正式合伙人会议前,我想先宣布一下
That I am in the midst of signing Vicks Chemical
我争取到了维克斯制药公司的大单
The entire cough line. It bills at around $6 million
整个感冒用品产线,这单约值六百万
And they love television. It's truly spectacular news.
他们喜欢做电视广告,真是天大的好消息,
Congratulations. How'd you swing that?
恭喜,你怎么搞定的
I guess as the president would say
正如总统的名言所说
I turned chickenshit into chicken salad.
我化腐朽为神奇了
I thought I'd kick Clearasil over to Geyer.
克利拉思那个可以扔给盖尔公司了
Anyone but Chaough.
除了赵给谁都行
We're taking Philip Coakmeyer and Tom Vogel to luncheon today.
今天还约了菲利普·科玛尔和汤姆·沃科一起吃午餐
Don't worry we already checked it with your uh girl.
别担心,跟你"小秘"确认过时间了
Keep it up. Thank you Don.
再接再厉,谢谢,唐,
Please reschedule Dr. Miller.
跟米勒博士的会议,帮我改期
They're not really pornography per se.
那不是色情艺术或色情作品
They're just nudes.
就是人体摄影
They're like renaissance paintings.
就像文艺复兴时期的画作
The party sounds fun. We had nude models in school.
那派对听着不错,我们学校也有裸体模特
You know right away whoever has the best drawing
非常直接,谁画得最棒
is going to get her.
谁就能泡上她
Did you know Malcolm X was shot last Sunday?
你知道马尔科姆·艾克斯上周日被刺杀了吗(马尔科姆·艾克斯,美国黑人领袖)
Yes Peggy.
知道,佩奇
Did you know who he was?
那你知道他是谁吗
You ever read the stuff between the ads?
除了广告,你难道还看其他东西吗
A few of us are sending a bottle of champagne to the Campbells.
我们几个准备送瓶香槟给坎贝尔夫妇
I'll sign the card.
我在卡上签名就好
I was hoping for a contribution. No thank you.
希望你也能出一份钱,那就敬谢不敏了,(白鹳被认为是送子鸟,通常用来祝贺喜得贵子)
Trudy's pregnant?
特鲁迪怀孕了吗
I can't believe that guy's married to her.
真不敢相信那家伙能娶到她
I would get her so pregnant.
换我早就让她怀孕了
Hello.
你好
Congratulations.
恭喜你
Yes.
谢谢
A $6million account should shut Lane up for a while.
六百万美元的大单,能让莱恩消停一阵了
No I mean about the baby.
不,我是祝贺你喜得贵子
Yes. I guess that's news.
是,确实是好消息
I just wanted to let you know how happy I am for you...
我只想告诉你,我非常为你高兴
Both.
为你们俩
Thank you.
谢谢
Dr. Miller is here to see you.
米勒博士求见
It's a she.
是个女的
Send her in.
请她进来
What do you want? Nothing. I moved the meeting.
找我何事,没,会议我改期了,
Oh your secretary said you needed to see me immediately.
可你秘书让我马上来见你
We're still working things out.
我们还处在磨合期
Well I've done everything but finish the report.
我这边的工作都完成了,就剩报告还没完成
How'd we do?
情况如何
Well it turns out the hypothesis was rejected.
事实证明之前的假设是不对的
I'd recommend a strategy that
我推荐采用新的策略
links Pond's cold cream to matrimony
将旁氏冷霜与婚姻联系起来
A veiled promise.
作出隐形承诺
Hello 1925.
那都老过时了
I'm not gonna do that
我不准备采用
So what are we gonna tell the client?
我们准备怎么跟客户交代
I can't change the truth.
事实不容置疑
How do you know that's the truth?
你怎么能肯定那就是事实
A new idea is something they don't know yet
所谓新点子,就是前所未知的
So of course it's not gonna come up as an option.
当然不可能事先预知结果
Put my campaign on TV for a year
我的广告在电视上播出一年之后
Then hold your group again maybe it'll show up.
再次让你召开会议,可能才能知道结果
Well I tried everything.
因为所有尝试都已试过
I said "Routine." I tried "Ritual."
比如说旁氏是日常保养,是"美容秘笈"
All they care about is a husband.
但女孩子们只关心找个好丈夫
You were there. I'll show you the transcripts.
你也看到的,我还有文字记录可供参考
You can't tell how people are going to behave
但你不可能根据他们过去种种
Based on how they have behaved.
就断言今后一定如何
Why are you being so hostile?
为何你这样敌意重重
You think I've never had this argument before?
你以为我之前从未经历如此的质疑吗
Because you go in there
因为你仅仅是走进去
and you stick your finger in people's brains
对她们灌输某种观念
And they just start talking blah blah blah just to be heard.
她们就只是不断倾诉,就想找人倾听
And you know what? Not only does it have
你知道吗,这样的结果
Nothing to do with what I do but it's nobody's business
不仅不关我的事,也不关任何人的事
Well you're the client.
好吧,客户说了算
That's right.
就是这样
Hello. It's Joyce.
你好,我是乔伊斯,
Lunch five minutes.
一起午餐吧,五分钟后见
Um sure.
当然好
Meet you in the lobby? No my friends want to see Megan.
楼下大厅见,不,我朋友想见见梅根,
Pete you remember Phil Coakmeyer.
彼得,记得菲利普·科玛尔吗
A pleasure to see you again. Shall we?
幸会,能走了吗,
We're just waiting on Don.
再等等唐
Hi.
各位好
You want to join us? I can't.
一起去吗,我走不开,
Did you get pears?
你买梨了吗
Did you get pears?
你买梨了吗
Did you get pears?
你买梨了吗
We'll discuss it inside.
进屋再说

重点单词   查看全部解释    
rhythmic ['riðmik]

想一想再看

adj. 有节奏的,有韵律的

 
miller ['milə]

想一想再看

n. 磨坊主,铣床(工)

 
ritual ['ritjuəl]

想一想再看

n. 仪式,典礼,宗教仪式,固定程序
adj.

 
wasp [wɔsp]

想一想再看

n. 黄蜂,胡蜂

 
brush [brʌʃ]

想一想再看

n. 刷子,画笔
n. 灌木丛
n.

 
unaware ['ʌnə'wɛə]

想一想再看

adj. 没有发觉的,不知道的

联想记忆
perfume ['pə:fju:m,pə'fju:m]

想一想再看

n. 香水,香气
vt. 使香气弥漫

联想记忆
jockey ['dʒɔki]

想一想再看

vt. 驾驶;欺骗;移动 n. 驾驶员;操作工;赛马的骑

联想记忆
swing [swiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 摇摆,改变,冲力
v. 摇摆,旋转,动摇

联想记忆
contribution [.kɔntri'bju:ʃən]

想一想再看

n. 贡献,捐款(赠)

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。