手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《广告狂人》 > 广告狂人第三季 > 正文

广告狂人第三季(MP3+中英字幕):第13集:唐和妻子发生争吵

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Sorry I'm late.

抱歉我迟到了
That's okay. I was occupied.
没事,我刚刚也正忙着呢
How are you today Don?
今天怎么样,唐
I'm well Connie. Thank you. How are you?
我很好,康尼,多谢,你怎么样
I'm afraid I have some serious business to discuss.
恐怕我有些正经生意要谈
Have a seat.
坐吧
I was at McCann Erickson yesterday
我昨天去了麦肯世界集团
And they let me know
他们告诉我
that effective January 1
他们要收购帕特南鲍威尔洛公司
they're buying Putnam Powell & Lowe.
1月1日起正式生效
What?
什么
I'm sorry but that means I'm going to have to
我很抱歉,但是这意味着我必须
Move my New York properties elsewhere.
重新寻找纽约分部的广告代理商
Why?
为什么
Because P.P.L. Owns Sterling Cooper.
因为斯特林&库珀公司从属于帕特南鲍威尔洛
You're all gonna be part of McCann.
你们都会成为麦肯集团的一部分
So we're all gone. Sterling I don't know.
看来要树倒猢狲散了,斯特林,我不知道,
Cooper will definitely be put on an ice floe.
但库珀将如履薄冰,陷入绝境
But you're a prize pig.
但你是大红人
You'll make more money pick up stock.
你会赚更多的钱,另择良木而栖吧
You won't have to live and die with every account.
你不必在一棵树上吊死
Bulls.
胡扯
It's a sausage factory. I turned them down three years ago.
那地方是个不毛之地,我三年前就拒绝他们了
This happens all the time Don.
这种事总会发生的,唐
It's business.
商场如战场
I'd ask them to put you on the Caribbean hotels
我本来让他们把你带到加勒比饭店的
But I don't think I'm gonna stay there much longer.
但我觉得我不会在那儿待太久
You come and go as you please.
你想来就来,想走就走
Yes I do.
是的,我就是如此
And you don't give a crap that my future
你根本不在乎因为你
Is tied up in this mess because of you?
我的未来被搅进了这烂摊子里
You wanted my account and you were lucky to get it.
你想做我的广告代理,你很幸运地得到了
And you wanted to play with me
可你却诚心玩我
Kick me around knock me down to size while you called me son.
你叫我儿子,让我唯唯诺诺,唯命是从
I get it now Connie.
我明白了,康尼
It's business.
商场如战场
You know...
你知道...
I got everything I have on my own.
我的一切都是白手起家,艰苦奋斗换来的
It's made me immune to those who complain and cry because they can't.
不得志之人的抱怨痛哭,我向来无所动容
I didn't take you for one of them Don.
我没有把你归为那类,唐
Are you?
你是吗
Some other time we'll try again. Yes.
我们另找个时间再谈谈,好的,
Have a nice holiday.
假期愉快
69 cents a bushel.
69美分一蒲式耳(容量单位,约等于8加仑)
That's half last year.
只有去年价格的一半
We ain't gonna make it.
不可能达到去年的价格
It's as fair a shake as we could get
这已经是给我们最公道的价格了
considering that allotment act made no allotment for wheat.
因为补贴条例中没有给种植小麦的补贴
You were supposed to get us a good deal.
你本该替我们谈个好价钱的
There's a surplus. What the hell's he supposed to do?
市场过剩,他又能怎么办
Well I ain't selling at that.
我不会出售的
You've got no choice. Sure I do.
你别无选择,我当然有选择,
I've got a silo.
我有个筒仓
Store it till winter when the price goes up.
将小麦存到冬天,等价格高了再卖
How you gonna pay your mortgage? That's none of your concern.
你怎么付贷款啊,这与你无关,
Settle down. We're all in this together.
冷静,我们都在一条船上
No we ain't thanks to you.
不,我们不是,多谢
I take care of mine. You take care of yours.
我自寻出路,你们解决你们自己的
Damn it Whitman this is a cooperative.
该死,惠特曼,这是合作经营
No more.
不再是了
Now get out of my kitchen.
现在都滚出我的厨房吧
What's so urgent that you had to wake me?
什么这么重要,你要把我弄醒
Conrad Hilton told me
康纳德o希尔顿告诉我
P.P.L. is being sold and us along with it.
帕特南鲍威尔洛公司将附带我们一起出售
So you knew about this?
难道你早知道了吗
No but it makes sense
没有,但这很合情合理
All that shortterm thinking.
都是鼠目寸光的考量
So what do we do?
那我们该怎么办
There's nothing to do. I have a contract.
无计可施,我有合约在身
You have a contract. Roger has a contract.
你也有,罗杰也有
So that's it?
那就只能如此了
You're losing your business and you don't care?
你的事业即将覆灭,你却毫不在乎吗
I lost my business last year.
我的事业去年就覆灭了
Well do something about it.
那现在就该想想对策
If Sterling Cooper is for sale
如果斯特林&库珀公司将要出售
why don't we buy it from P.P.L.?
我们为何不自己买下来
We could put everything back the way it was.
我们可以让一切回归正轨
Young men love risk
年轻人喜欢冒险
Because they can't imagine the consequences.
因为他们不知道掂量后果
And you old men love building golden tombs
你们老头子想安度余生
And sealing the rest of us in with you.
将我们的未来也随你们一起葬送
You're done. You know that right?
你的人生也就如此了,你知道的,是不是
So I should just throw away my fortune?
难道我应该将所有的资产都投进去吗
I don't have the rest of my life to earn it back.
我可没命再把它们赚回来
I understand. I'll let you get back to sleep.
我明白了,你回去睡觉吧
Why do you care?
你为何这么在乎呢
Because I'm sick of
因为我已经厌倦了
being batted aroundlike a pingpong ball.
像乒乓球一样被打来打去
Who the hell is in charge?
到底谁是主管
A bunch of accountants trying make $1 into $1.10?
一帮业务员成天为蝇头小利奔波劳碌
I want to work. I want to build something of my own.
我想要工作,我想创立自己的事业
How do you not understand that?
你怎么能不理解
You did it yourself 40 years ago.
你40年前就是这样做的
That's true.
这倒是真的
But I'm not sure you have a stomach for the realities.
但我不知你在现实面前还有没有足够的胆识
Try me.
放马过来吧
Well we're gonna need accounts.
那么,我们需要有业务
American Tobacco
美国烟草公司
That's most of Sterling Cooper.
那是斯特林&库珀公司最大的业务
But that's Roger.
但那得看罗杰的
I understand that.
我明白
Did Hilton tell you when this blessed event is supposed to take place?
希尔顿有没有告诉你出售的具体日期
New Year's Day.
元旦
We have to talk to Roger now. You talk to him.
我们现在就得找罗杰谈,你去谈吧,
Do you want to do this or not?
你到底想不想干
Honey.
亲爱的
Honey he probably feels bad about
亲爱的,他可能感觉很糟糕
The president getting shot on his watch.
毕竟总统是在他的看手下被杀的
Now stop reading the paper.
不要再看报纸了
She's obsessed.
她心神不宁
It's the most interest that girl's ever had in a book depository.
这是她第一次对报刊书籍这么感兴趣
McCann is buying P.P.L.
麦肯公司要收购帕特南鲍威尔洛
And is absorbing Sterling Cooper along with it.
而且要将斯特林&库珀公司附带收购
What?
什么
Conrad Hilton told me this morning.
康纳德·希尔顿今天早上告诉我的
Christ. From one John's bed to the next.
天啊,像个球一样被人踢来踢去
What a joke.
真是开玩笑
Don and I have been discussing the idea that we buy the company back.
唐和我商量着出资把公司买下来
Really? Why?
是吗,为什么
Because we don't want to go to McCann.
因为我们不想去麦肯公司
And now you're sniffing around
现在你又拉下面子来找我
because I have a golden pork chop dangling from my neck.
因为我手上握有重要股份
It's more than that.
不止是这样
You know Bert's done for.
你知道伯特肯定不行的
Now it's about Bert huh?
现在又拿伯特说事儿了啊
I want to see what you look like with your tail between your legs.
我倒是想看看你夹着尾巴的样子
You sold your birthright so you could marry that trollop.
你为了取那个婊子,卖掉了你手中的股份
Here we go. This is your pitch?
又来了,这就是你们的态度吗
Well move along.
省省吧
I'm not gonna throw it all away
我可不想把钱都砸进去
because he doesn't want to work at McCann.
就因为他不想替麦肯公司工作
Do you want to work there?
你想替他们工作吗
You don't value what I do anymore than they do.
我的工作,在你和他们眼中都一样可有可无
I was wrong.
我错了
I learned that with Hilton.
我已经从希尔顿那儿吸取了教训
I can sell ideas but I'm not an account man.
我可以卖创意,但我不擅长处理客户关系
You're not good at relationships because you don't value them.
你不善于人际交流,因为你觉得这毫无意义
I value my relationship with you.
我看重你我之间的关系
You do now. I do.
你现在是了吗,是的,
I'm sorry. I've got points stock.
抱歉,我明白了,股票
If I'm useless so be it.
要是我没用了,就这样吧
There's a deck chair somewhere with my name on it.
至少这张躺椅上还刻有我的名字
You're right Roger.
你说得对,罗杰
If you've lost your appetite you should retire.
如果你失去了野心,你就应该退休了
Of course I've seen that before so have you.
当然,你我都曾经见过这样的事
Men my age even younger
人到我这个年纪,甚至更年轻一些
They play golf
他们沉迷于高尔夫
Go on vacation
度假狂欢
Lose their appetite.
再也没了野心
In three years... Join or die?
三年后...升天还是入地,
Jesus Bert he was doing better.
上帝,伯特,他更有说服力
You know it's true.
你知道我们说的都是实话
You're still gonna outlive me.
你还是会活得比我长
We have to try.
我们得拼一下
So you do want to be in advertising after all.
所以你真的是想在广告业大展宏图
Go upstairs.
上楼吧
Daddy just got home. I'll be up.
爸爸才回来,我一会儿也上去,
Do you want me to go too?
你想让我也上去吗
Please sit down.
请坐下
I made an appointment with a divorce attorney
我预约了离婚律师
And I suggest you do the same.
我建议你也找一个
Come on Betts.
别这样,贝蒂
What are you doing seeing a lawyer?
你去找律师干什么
I want to be civilized about this.
我想要和平理智地处理这件事
Please don't act surprised. You haven't been yourself.
别装作惊讶,你都不像你了,
Maybe you need to see a doctorA good one this time.
你应该去看看大夫,医术高超的大夫
Because I'd have to be sick to want out of this?
我想摆脱婚姻就说明我有病吗
You've had a tough couple of weeks.
你这几周经历了太多的痛苦
We all have.
我们都是
I've had a tough year.
我这一年都很痛苦
I felt I should tell you rather than
我觉得我应该当面跟你说清楚
just let you get a phone call at work.
免得你接到律师的电话感到意外
Well forget it.
省省吧
I'm not gonna let you break up this family.
我不会让你毁了这个家的
I didn't break up this family.
毁了这个家的人不是我
Lane
莱恩
please shut the door and have a seat.
请你关上门,然后过来坐下
Certainly.
当然
We know McCann Erickson bought P.P.L.
我们知道麦肯公司要收购帕特南鲍威尔洛
And we know that makes Sterling Cooper chattel.
我们也知道斯特林&库珀公司也会被出售
Who told you that?
谁告诉你们的
Someone outside of this building who knows.
知情的局外人
Well they're wrong.
那么,他们说错了
Lane we've worked next to each other for a year.
莱恩,我们在一起共事一年了
Don't act like a stranger. We've got tea.
别像陌生人一样,我们准备了茶
Well I suppose you'll find out soon enough
我想你们也很快会知道的
But your information isn't completely correct
但是你们的消息不是全对...
Only Sterling Cooper is being sold.
只有斯特林&库珀公司会被卖掉
P.P.L. well will remain P.P.L.
帕特南鲍威尔洛公司还是不变
That doesn't change our plans.
这不会改变我们的计划
We want to buy back the company.
我们要出资买下公司
We're willing to offer the purchase price plus 12%.
我们在市价基础上加价12%
It's worth more than that now.
现在不止这个价了
What did you get?
那你们开价多少
I'm not going to say but more than that.
我不能告诉你们,但肯定比那多
I apologize you had to find out this way.
我很抱歉,你们得通过小道消息得知这个决定
Believe me it wasn't my decision.
相信我,这不是我的决定
I've quite enjoyed it here.
我很喜欢在这里工作
Well they've only got me for a year.
我还有一年的合约期限
You for what three?
你呢,三年吧
We'll make another run at it.
我们再试试吧
The only grounds for divorce in this state
只有出现如下情况,本州法律才会允许离婚
Are absence of a spouse incurable insanity
配偶失踪,不可愈精神疾病
life imprisonment or adultery.
配偶被判无期徒刑或通奸
Well he hasn't been faithful.
他的确对我不忠
Do you have any witnesses or corroboration?
你有证人或证据吗
Not really.
没有
It wouldn't matter anyway with both parties at fault.
如果双方都有外遇,法律将不适用
NNo. We haven't we aren't
不不,我们还没有,我们不是
Ken. Ken what are you doing?
肯,肯,你在干什么
You think the governor needs another scandal on the ticket?
你希望将这事捅出去给州长抹黑吗
I am sorry for presuming Mrs. Draper. That was wrong.
我为我的冒昧道歉,德雷柏太太,我错了
So what do I do?
那我该怎么办
I know it's hard to understand
我知道这可能很难理解
But the state of New York doesn't want anyone to get divorced.
但是在纽约州不会轻易判离婚
That's why people go to Reno.
所以人们都去了里诺(内华达州)
It's painless.
在那儿要简单得多
I met my second wife.
我就是这样娶了我的第二任妻子
You stay there for six weeks to establish residency.
你们在那里呆上六周拿到居住权
Mr. Draper doesn't even need to go just consent.
德雷柏太太甚至不用去,有批文就行
I see.
我明白了
We need to discuss what you want in terms of settlement.
我们该讨论一下财产分割问题
Whatever I'm entitled to.
我要得到一切属于我的财产
Give us a second.
让我们先谈谈
You don't need what he can provide.
你不需要他提供任何东西
Henry I have three children.
亨利,我有三个孩子
I'll take care of them and I'll take care of you.
我会照顾好他们,也会好好照顾你
I don't want you owing him anything.
我不想你欠他任何东西
We want to get this done as soon as possible.
我们希望尽快搞定这件事情
Saint John I'm glad I caught you.
圣约翰,很高兴联系到你
What is it?
怎么了
Mr. Sterling Cooper and Draper have learned of the sale.
斯特林,库珀和德雷柏听说公司出售的事了
What do they know?
他们知道多少
It was a mixture of truth and half truth.
道听途说,半真半假
They knew about McCann but they were under the belief
他们知道麦肯公司的收购计划,但是他们以为
That P.P.L. was being sold as well.
帕特南鲍威尔洛公司也要出售了
And what did you tell them? That they were wrong.
那你怎么跟他们说的,我说他们错了,
They even wanted to bid for Sterling Cooper
他们还想要买回斯特林&库珀公司
12% above our purchase price.
在买入价的基础上加价12%
Listen I apologize Lane.
听着,我得道歉,莱恩
Obviously the news is getting out.
看来消息已经走漏了
What news?
什么消息
P.P.L. is being sold as well.
帕特南鲍威尔洛公司也要被卖掉了
What? Why wasn't I told?
什么,怎么没人告诉我
Didn't seem pertinent.
没有找到合适的时机
Trying to keep our company calm as well as theirs.
这是为了避免引起双方公司内部的恐慌
Well where's my place in this?
那我该何去何从
With McCann I suppose.
我想你要去麦肯公司了吧
There there Lane.
冷静,莱恩
They know you're essential to the transition.
他们知道你对公司顺利转手的重要性
And then what?
那又怎么样
You'll prove yourself irreplaceable.
你会证明你自己是不可取代的
You always do.
你一直都能
Lane.
莱恩
Yes?
什么
Don't be disheartened.
别灰心丧气
I'll put in a good word for you.
我会为你美言的
Thank you. No thank you.
多谢,不,谢谢你,
We've got a month till winter
还有一个月就到冬天了
then we'll be set.
然后一切都会好起来的
This is what I showed the man from the bank today.
今天银行的人过来,我说这是我们全部的家底
What are they gonna do sell this place?
他们能怎么做,把我们的房子卖了吗
The bank's gonna get their payday right after me.
我一有钱就会偿还银行贷款的
We got nothing and we're about to have less.
我们一无所有,而且情况还会更糟
Fine!
好吧
I'll sell. I'll sell my crop for nothing.
我去卖了,我把谷物都贱卖了
Dick.
迪克
What are you doing? I'll drive it to Chicago tonight.
你要干什么去,我今晚开车到芝加哥,
You're drunk.
你喝多了
Go. He can barely stand.
去吧,他都快站不住了
Calm down.
冷静
Here.
到这儿来
Calm down.
冷静
It ain't gonna rain.
不会下雨的
Pa! Daddy! Daddy!
爸,爸爸,爸爸
Your guests have arrived.
您的客人到了
Close the door. Have a seat.
关门,请坐
What's he doing here?
他在这里干吗
You gonna read us your will? I want the Cadillac.
你要宣布遗嘱吗,我要你那辆卡迪拉克
I couldn't sleep.
我睡不着
And I thought why don't we go to McCann directly?
然后我想,为什么我们不直接去找麦肯公司
Because you can't. It's done.
因为你不能,交易已经结束了
You're not even gonna ask? I did yesterday.
你连问都懒得去问吗,我问了,昨天,
And you were rightP.P.L. is being sold
你说的对,帕特南鲍威尔洛公司也要被出售
So it seems we're all going to McCann.
看来我们都得去麦肯公司了
They cut you loose.
他们把你甩了
I want you to find out what the price was and give us a shot.
我希望你去打探一下价钱,我们可以来个最后一搏
Enough.
够了
I should fire you for even trying to involve me in this conspiracy.
你们居然想拉我入伙,我应该直接把你开了
Go ahead. It's the only thing you did well here.
开吧,你除了开人还会干什么
Don let it go.
唐,算了
I did a great many things here.
我在这里干了很多了不起的事
Have another. It's 9:30 for god's sake.
接着吵啊,才9:30呢
Jes that's right.
上帝啊,说的对
You have absolute authority to fire anyone.
你绝对有权利炒了任何人
Fire us.
炒了我们吧
Fire us. Sever our contracts. Let us go.
炒了我们,终止合同,放我们走
Can you do that? Why would I?
你能做到吗,我为什么要这样做,
Because once this sale goes through
因为一旦你的公司被出售
You'll be thrown overboard
你就会被他们甩掉
and you'll be a corpse knocking against their hull.
你对他们来说简直如同怨鬼幽灵
Nothing good ever came from seeking revenge.
寻仇报复可没有什么好处
Nonsense. We'll make you a partner.
胡扯,我们让你当合伙人
I should think this is worth more than that.
这好像还不够吧
So we're negotiating. We'll put your name on the door.
我们还有商量的余地,我们会给你间办公室
I don't know.
我不知道
Do you know how to do what he does? I don't.
你知道怎么做他的工作吗,我不懂,
It could be done but getting you
这倒是可行,但是把你们...
Us out of here isn't the difficult part.
我们弄出去不是最难的部分
We need accounts.
我们需要客户
Let's say we have Lucky Strike.
我们有幸福时光香烟
And although that's let's see $23 million in Billings
即便如此,我们看看,2300万的资产
24.
2400万,
We'd still need another third for cash flow.
我们还需要另外3笔新业务做流动资金
I can't take anyone else
我不能再负责别的客户了
or Lee Garner sr. Won't think that he's special.
这样老李·加勒就感受不到独家待遇了
What about Hilton? No.
希尔顿怎么样,不行,
Can we get any of our other accounts?
我们还能得到哪些客户
We'll get them.
我们会争取到的
If I were to send a telex in at noon today
如果我今天中午发电报
That you've all been sacked
说你们都被解雇了
It's after close of business in London.
伦敦那边正好是结业时间
It would remain unnoticed until Monday morning there
可能直到星期一早上才会有人注意到
2:00 A.M. here.
也就是这边的凌晨2点,
That gives us today and the weekend
我们有今天和周末的时间
To first gather accounts
首先要召集客户
and then a skeleton staff to service them.
然后让公司骨干成员提供最好的服务
And of course we would have to obtain all the materials
当然我们还必须拿到所有法律文件
required for continuity of service.
以确保公司可以继续运作
Obtain? We heve to steal everything.
"拿到"那些材料我们得去偷出来
Anyone approached must be a certainty.
我们只能联系那些可靠的人
If news spreads they'll lock us out.
如果消息泄露,我们的计划会彻底粉碎
Do we vote or something?
我们需要投票还是别的什么
Well gentlemen I suppose you're fired.
好的,先生们,我想你们被炒了
We'll it's official.
下面是正式通告
Friday December 13th 1963
1963年12月13日星期五
Four guys shot their own legs off.
4位壮士自断其臂
Allison Mr. Pryce has requested an officewide memo
艾莉森,普莱斯先生要求发布全员通知
"the office is closed this weekend."
"本周末办公室一律关闭"
"All work is suspended. Carpet cleaning."
"所有工作暂停,进行地毯清洗"
Can you get me Mr. Campbell?
你能把坎贝尔先生叫来吗
He didn't come in today. He's sick.
他病了,今天没来上班
Call his house. It's important.
打到他家,紧急事件
Peggy my office.
佩奇,到我办公室来
What do I bring?
我犯事儿了吗
Shut the door. Sit down.
关门,坐下
I know we have to roll out Western Union by New Year's.
我知道我们必须在新年之前搞定西部联盟的广告
I don't have art. There's no one there.
我没有插图,美术部没人
They're selling the company.
他们要将公司出售了
Again?
又卖
I'm starting a new agency.
我要成立新公司了
I need you here Sunday evening to get your things
我要你周日晚上到这儿来收你的东西
And to help us collect whatever accounts we end up taking.
帮我们收集拉到的客户
Really? Yes.
真的吗,是的,
Who else is going?
还有谁会一起
Why do you need to know that? Because it's important.
你为何要问这个,因为这很重要,
I can't tell you. Peggy we are being bought my McCann.
我不能告诉你,佩奇,我们正被麦肯公司收购
Do you know what that means?
你知道这意味着什么吗
You just assume I'll do whatever you say...
你以为我会对你言听计从...
Just follow you like some nervous poodle.
像无知的小狗一样跟着你
I'm not going to beg you. Beg me? You didn't even ask me.
我不会求你的,求我,你问都没问,
Fine I'm asking you.
好吧,我现在问你
I've had other offers you know
你知道,我还有别的选择
That came with a sales pitch about opportunity.
我有的是机会
Everyone thinks you do all my work.
大家都认为我的工作是你完成的
Even you.
甚至你也一样
I don't want to make a career out of being there
我可不想跟着你创业
So you can kick me when you fail.
你万一失败,就会把我一脚踢开
I guess I'll have to talk to Kurt and Smitty.
我看我得去找库特和斯密特谈了
I guess so.
我想也是
Where the hell are my pajamas?
我睡衣他妈的哪儿去了
Will you please relax?
你能不能放松点儿
Trudy I called in sick today because I had my interview with Ogilvy.
特鲁迪,我今天装病请假去奥美公司面试
I have to look sick. You do.
我得显现出一些病态,你装得很像,
What a pleasant surprise.
真是让人惊喜
Sorry to drop in.
抱歉,贸然来访
How are you? Better than my husband.
你怎么样,比我老公好,
And how are you? We've been calling all day.
那你呢,我们打了一天的电话
May I take your coats? We're fine.
需要我帮你拿外套吗,不用了,
I'm going to change the sheets.
我去换床单
Is everything okay?
有什么事吗
McCann bought P.P.L. and us.
麦肯公司将我们和帕特南鲍威尔洛一起收购了
What? Again? We need to talk to you.
什么,又卖了,我们得找你谈谈,
It's serious. We're not firing you.
这很重要,我们不是要开除你,
Oh am I getting a few more adjectives added to my title?
我的头衔前会多几个无用的形容词吗
Don't bother. I have other plans.
别麻烦了,我自有打算
Peter may I speak to you for a moment?
皮特,我能跟你谈谈吗
Pete we're starting a new agency.
皮特,我们要成立新公司
We're here to talk to you about joining us.
我们想跟你谈谈,看你是否有意加入
Wait a minute. They're letting you go?
等等,他们愿意终止你们的合同吗
Keep it to yourself but I'm taking American Tobacco.
你必须保密,我要带走美国烟草公司
We need another $7$10 million in billings for cash flow or something.
我们还缺7001000万的流动资金
What do you have in your saddlebag so far?
你私藏了哪些客户
I don't have a saddlebag.
我可没私藏什么客户
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你们在说什么
Pete i don't blame you for bailing out the way
皮特,你在公司受到那样的待遇
you've been treated.
我不怪你想要叛逃
So Kenny turned you down?
你们一定是被肯尼拒绝了才来找我的吧
We haven't spoken to Ken... yet.
我们没去找肯,现在还没有
And yes we want your accounts
当然,我们需要你的客户
but we also want your talent.
但我们也需要你杰出的才能
Really? And what are my talents?
是吗,我有什么杰出的才能
You'll do what it takes.
你为了成功可以不择手段
No I want to hear it from him.
不,我要听他说
It's not hard for me to say Pete.
要我说并不难,皮特
You saw this coming we didn't.
你预见了这事的到来,我们却没有
In fact you've been ahead on a lot of things
事实上很多事情你都走在前面
Aeronautics teenagers the negro market.
航空领域,青少年市场,黑人市场
We need you to keep us looking forward.
我们需要你的高瞻远瞩
I do anyway.
反正我很需要你
I want to be a partner and I want my name in the lobby.
我想成为合伙人,名字写在大厅里
There's not gonna be a lobby.
我们不会造一个大厅的
North American Aviation Secor laxatives
北美航空,赛可通便剂
Gillette Jai Alai maybe Pampers
吉列,回力球,可能还有帮宝适
That's close to $8 million already.
光是这些客户已经差不多800万了
I don't think you get conditions.
我觉得你们不是很了解状况
We'll make you a partner if you can deliver by Sunday.
如果你周日前能拿下这些客户,就可以当合伙人
Sunday?
周日
We'll leave the name and the title as a goal.
我们会把名字和头衔当放在那儿
Like it or not that works with you.
至于喜不喜欢,那就是你的事了
I'd like to say I'll think about it
我想我会考虑的
But I don't think that's an option is it?
但我觉得我别无选择了,不是吗
I'm not really sick.
我不是真的病了
Welcome aboard.
欢迎加入
Good night Trudy. Good night gentlemen.
晚安,特鲁迪,晚安,先生们,
What if I come up short? That's not an option.
如果我无法完成任务呢,你别无选择,
Good night.
晚安
I want you to call Hubert Adams as Secor.
我要你打电话给赛可公司的休伯特o亚当斯
His number's in my Rolodex.
他的号码在我的名片夹里
I threw it under the bed. Try him at home.
我扔床底下了,给他家里打
Tell him I'll meet him at the St. Regis at 7:30
告诉他7:30在瑞吉酒店见面
And sound like a secretary.
你要装成秘书的身份
I have to get dressed.
我得去穿衣服
I can't believe he was gonna leave.
我真不敢相信他打算离开
That little shit.
小混蛋
Look they still have a picture of Kennedy up.
看,上面还挂着肯尼迪的照片
Although what are they gonna do
是啊,要不怎么办
Take it down and put up Lyndon Johnson?
弄下来换成林顿·约翰逊的吗
Not in this place.
别在这儿说
I've acted like I've started a business my whole life
我的事业,我一直表现的像是我一手创立的
But I inherited it.
但其实我是子承父业
I need an attorney.
我需要个律师
Divorce.
离婚
So it's true huh?
所以传闻是真的了
What are you talking about? Henry Francis.
你说什么呢,亨利·弗朗西斯,
Who?
谁,
Jesus.
上帝啊
Right when things were almost normal.
我不该在这时候说的
I need you to tell me what you know.
你要你告诉我到底是怎么一回事
Margaret's friends with his daughter.
玛格丽特是他女儿的朋友
Are they sleeping together? I don't know.
他们上床了吗,我不知道,
It came from his daughter.
是他女儿说的
He talks about her.
他谈论她
It sounds like it's serious.
听起来像是认真的
I was gonna tell you
我本来要告诉你的...
No I wasn't.
不,我没打算
I thought you knew.
我以为你已经知道了呢
I'm sorry I told you.
对不起,我告诉了你
Believe me.
相信我
I'm sorry about that.
我很抱歉
Wake up. Shh he's sleeping.
醒醒,嘘,他在睡觉呢,
I don't care. Who the hell is Henry Francis?
我不在乎,亨利·弗朗西斯是他妈的谁
No one.
谁也不是
Stop it. Stop it!
住手,住手
Who the hell is he? Why do you care?
他妈的到底是谁,你问这个干嘛,
Because you're good and everyone else in the world is bad.
因为这个世界除了你,再也没有好人
You're drunk.
你喝多了
You're so hurt so brave with your little white nose in the air.
你心中伤痕累累,却整天装得如无其事
All along you've been building a life raft.
其实你一直在为自己准备后路
Get out.
出去
You never forgave me. Forgave what?
你从来就没有原谅过我,原谅你什么,
That I've never been enough?
我一个人对你来说还不够吗
You got everything you ever wantedEverything!
你已经得到你要的一切了...一切
And you loved it.
你也曾深爱这一切
And now I'm not good enough for some spoiled mainline brat?
我现在又配不上你这宠坏的富家小姐吗
That's right!
是的
You won't get a nickel.
你什么也别想得到
And I'll take the kids.
抚养权归我
God knows they'll be better off.
我会让他们过得更好
I'm going to Reno
我要搬去里诺
you're going to consent and that's the end of this.
你必须签同意书,一切都结束了
Don't threaten me. I know all about you.
别威胁我,我对你知根知底
You're a whore.
你是个婊子
You know that?
你知道吗
I want you out of the house.
你想你滚出这个家
Hold the elevator.
按住电梯
They called you in too? Yes they did.
他们也叫你了吗,是的,
I'll admit itI'm a little scared. Of what?
我承认,我有点吓到了,为什么,
Why are you here? I don't know.
你来公司干什么,我不知道,
Cooper called me.
库珀叫我来的
First they're cleaning the carpets now they're not.
之前说是要清洗地毯,后来又取消了
Why are you here? Um work.
你来公司干嘛,工作,
Hey everybody Harry Crane is here.
嘿,各位,哈里·克雷恩来了
Relax Pete we're expecting him.
冷静,皮特,我们也在等他呢
What's going on? Why are you here?
怎么了,为什么你也在这儿
I'm sorry what's going on?
抱歉问一下,到底怎么了
P.P.L. has been sold to McCann.
麦肯公司收购了帕特南鲍威尔洛
We're starting a new agency.
我们要另起炉灶
We'd like you to join us as our new head of media.
我们希望你加入我们,做媒体部的主管
Are you kidding? Yes. Yes we are.
你开玩笑呢吧,是的,我们开玩笑呢,
Happy birthday.
生日快乐
We need your answer.
我们需要你的答复
I should really call my wife.
我得问问我妻子
Mr. CraneHarry
克雷恩先生,哈里
This matter is secret and time sensitive.
这是秘密会议,而且现在是敏感时期
If you turned us down
如果你拒绝我们
and elect to be a midlevel cog at McCann Erickson
甘愿去麦肯公司当一个普通的工薪阶层
We'll have to lock you in the storeroom until morning.
我们就得把你锁进储藏室,直到明天早上
I'm sure you understand.
我相信你能理解
Pete.
皮特
We were hoping you could decipher these job sheets.
我们希望你能破解一下这些工作记录
Where exactly are these materials?
那些材料到底在哪儿
I never look at these.
我从来没看到过
Can't we just take everything?
我们不能拿走一切吗
That's good thinking but we don't know where anything is.
这想法很好,但我们不知道一切材料在哪儿
No one knows how this works?
没人知道该怎么做吗
Let me make a phone call.
让我打个电话
I'll take care of this. No. No more conspirators.
我来搞定,别再找人了,
I'll be discreet.
我会小心的
Where's Don?
唐哪儿去了
What did we do?
我们做错什么了
Nothing.
没什么
Then why are we in the living room?
那我们都坐在客厅干什么
We want to tell you something because
我们要告诉你一些事情
Well it's going to be a little bit of a change.
家里会有些变化
Your father is going to be moving out.
你们的爸爸会搬走
Now we'll still be living here and he'll come to visit.
我们还会住在这里,他会来看望你们
Then why is he going?
那他为什么要离开
Because...
因为...
It'll just be temporary.
这只是暂时的
Like when you lived in the hotel?
就好像你之前住在酒店那样吗
Yes. It'll be different.
是的,会有些不同,
Is it because I lost your cufflinks?
是因为我把你的袖扣弄丢了吗
No it has nothing to do with you.
不,这与你们无关
That's not what I mean.
我不是那个意思
I love you both. You know that.
我爱你们俩,你们知道的
Then why are you going?
那你为什么还要离开
I'm not going.
我不会离开的
I'm just...living elsewhere.
我只是,住在别处
That's going.
那就是离开
You say things and you don't mean them.
你说的话总是做不到
You can't just do that. Sally sweetheart
你不能这样,萨丽,亲爱的,
Go away. Sally stop it.
走开,萨丽别这样,
You said you'd always come home.
你说你会一直回家的
I will.
我会的
It's just a different home.
那会是个不一样的家
Will you be here for Christmas?
圣诞节你会在吗
You'll get to have two Christmases.
你们会过两个圣诞节的
I only want one.
我只想要一个
Did you make him leave?
是你让他走的吗
No. We both decided.
不是,我们共同决定的
You made him sleep in Gene's room and it's scary in there.
你让他睡在吉恩的房间,那里很吓人
Listen to me both of you.
都听我说,你们两个
I will be here.
我不会离开的
You can call me I will answer and I will be here.
你们可以打电话给我,我会接的
Sally. Sally. Let her go.
萨丽,萨丽,让她去吧,
Please don't go. I don't want you to.
求你别走,我不想你走
Nobody wants to do this.
没人想这样
I need you to be a big boy.
我要你成为一个小男子汉
You look awful. Can I come in?
你看起来很糟糕,我能进来吗,
Do you want anything?
你有什么需要吗
Yes I do.
是的,我有
You were right.
你说得对
I've taken you for granted and I've been hard on you
我一直无视你的存在,一直对你很苛刻
But only because I think
我想,那是因为
I see you as an extension of myself.
很多时候我都把你当做自我的延伸
And you're not.
可你毕竟不是
Well thank you for stopping by.
那么,多谢你来访
Please. Sit down.
请坐下
Do you know why I don't want to go to McCann?
你知道我为什么不想去麦肯吗
Because you can't work for anyone else.
因为你不想屈居人下
No.
不,
Because there are people out there who buy things
因为世界上有很多人,他们要买东西
People like you and me
像你我一样的人
And something happened
然后发生了一些事
Something terrible.
一些可怕的事
And the way that they saw themselves...
而他们看待自己的方式...
Is gone.
不复存在了
And nobody understands that.
没人理解这一点
But you do.
但是你理解
And that's very valuable.
这很难得
Is it?
是吗
With you or without you I'm moving on.
有没有你,我都会继续
And I don't know if I can do it alone.
而我不知道我能不能独自撑下去
Will you help me?
你能帮我吗
What if I say no?
如果我说不呢
You'll never speak to me again.
你就再也不和我说话了吗
No.
不会的
I will spend the rest of my life trying to hire you.
我会用我的余生来劝你为我工作
Mrs. Harris what a pleasure to see you.
哈里斯太太,见到你太高兴了
What is she doing here? I said I'd be discreet.
她来这儿干嘛,我说了我会谨慎的,
Tell them what to do.
告诉他们怎么做
I made a list and I called some movers.
我列了个名单,还打电话给一些搬家公司
Can you read these? Do you know where this stuff is?
你能读懂这个吗,你知道这些都在那儿吗
Yes. Of course you'll need the job bags on all these accounts.
是的,你们必定需要这些客户的资料袋
We'll also need logo files
我们还需要商标文件
all the film we can find
还有我们能找到的所有胶片
And negatives which aren't actually here.
还有所有底片,当然那些不在这里
There you go.
看看
Very good. Now I can pack. Sorry I'm late.
非常好,我现在可以打包了,对不起我迟到了,
Hi.
嗨,
Joan.
琼,
What a good idea.
棋高一着啊
Well you're here. Who did you bring?
你来了啊,带来了哪些客户
North American aviation Secor Jai alai samsonite.
北美航空,赛可通便剂,回力球,新秀丽
Clearasil. Really?
还有克利拉思,真的吗,
I made it.
我做到了
Where do we start?
我们从哪里开始
Well I'd start in the art department.
我们从美术部开始
It's locked.
上锁了
Great.
太好了
I'll start in my office..
我从我的办公室开始
Joanie I can't read your writing.
琼,我看不懂你的字
It's perfectly clear"correspondence".
相当清楚的,信件
Oh I'm tired.
我累了
Peggy can you get me some coffee? No.
佩奇,能拿点儿咖啡来吗,不,
Did you wash your hands?
你洗手了吗
Hold the elevator.
按住电梯
Greg is going to kill me.
格雷格会杀了我的
I'm at the Roosevelt
我暂住罗斯福酒店
but I'll need you to find me an apartment.
但是我需要你替我找间公寓
Furnished? For the time being.
全部装修的吗,只是临时住处,
Sorry. Good night.
抱歉,晚安
Go ahead fellas.
继续,兄弟们
How long do you think it'll take us to be in a place like this again?
你觉得我们得花多久才能再拥有这样一个地方
I never saw myself working in a place like this.
我从没发现原来自己在这样的地方工作
Don't bother.
别麻烦了
We've been robbed!
我们被洗劫了
He's waiting on the line. It's his third attempt.
他在线等着呢,打了三次了
Saint John how are you?
圣约翰,你怎么样啊
What in god's name is going on over there?
老天啊,你那里到底怎么回事
I think at this point it should be very clear.
我想这点看起来很明显
You're fired.
你被炒了
You're fired for costing this company millions of pounds.
你被炒,因为你让公司损失了数百万英镑
You're fired for insubordination!
你被炒,因为你拒绝服从命令
You're fired for lack of character!
你被炒,因为你品质低下,道德败坏
Very good. Happy Christmas.
太好了,圣诞节愉快
Mr. Hooker. I've been sacked.
胡克先生,我被抄了
Please have my office and things
请把我办公室的个人物品
put in storage at this address.
送到位于这个地址的仓库里
What's happened?You're a sharp boy. You'll figure it out.
发生什么事了,你很聪明,你会明白的,
So let's see. I have Peggy and Pete sharing the desk.
让我看看,佩奇和皮特共用这个桌子
Don we'll replace one of these couches
唐,我们得换换这个沙发
With a table for you and we're adding two additional phone lines.
给你准备张桌子,我们再增加两通电话
Media will be in the bedroom with the television.
媒体部设在那边的卧室,配有电视
Accounts gets the bed.
床归客户部
And no one is to come to this office.
别把人带到办公室来
If you have meetings please take them elsewhere.
如果你们要开会,请另找地方
I don't want them in the lobby or the bar of this hotel.
我不想看到他们在这个酒店的大厅和酒吧
Well look at that.
好的,看看吧
Good morning.
早上好
Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce.
斯特林&库珀&德雷柏&普莱斯公司
How may I help you?
你需要什么服务
Yes Harry it's room 435.
是的,哈里,435房间
He didn't leave a noteNothing.
他都没有留字条,什么都没有
Where is he?
他去哪儿了
I just heard from John Deere
我刚刚听约翰·迪尔说...
Pete tried to poach them on Saturday.
皮特周六试着将他带走
He must have gone with Draper.
他一定跟德雷柏走了
Damn it.
该死的
Sure. Everything is exactly the same.
是的,一切照旧
Don and I will both be on the account.
唐和我都会负责这个客户
Thanks Bill. Okay bye bye.
谢谢你,比尔,好的,拜拜
Hello everybody. Lovely what are you doing here?
你们好,各位,亲爱的,你干嘛来了,
I brought lunch.
我带午餐来了
There's every kind of sandwich imaginable and a cake.
这里有各种三明治,还有蛋糕
Thank you Trudy.
谢谢你,特鲁迪
Isn't this exciting? It is.
真令人激动,是的,
This looks great Trudy.
看起来真棒,特鲁迪
I know how you boys and girls can be.
我了解你们这些小伙子和小姑娘的口味
There's food. Thank god.
有吃的了,感谢上帝,
Draper residence.
德雷柏住宅
It's me.
是我
I'm not sure where I'm staying right now
我不知道我会住哪里
but I'll be working out of the Pierre.
但我在皮埃尔酒店工作
Okay.
好的
Listen Betts I want you to know I'm not going to fight you.
是这样,贝蒂,我想告诉你我不会和你争
Thank you.
谢谢
I hope you get what you always wanted.
我希望你得到你想要的
You will always be their father.
你永远是他们的父亲
Okay.
好的
Well goodbye.
那么,再见
Goodbye.
再见
You know if you leave your shoes outside the door here
你知道,如果你把鞋留在门外
somebody polishes them.
有人会帮你上油的
Hello Don.
你好,唐
How was your morning?
早上怎么样
Very productive.
非常富有成效

重点单词   查看全部解释    
residence ['rezidəns]

想一想再看

n. 住处,住宅,居住

联想记忆
occupied

想一想再看

adj. 已占用的;使用中的;无空闲的 v. 占有(oc

 
fault [fɔ:lt]

想一想再看

n. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层

 
bother ['bɔðə]

想一想再看

v. 使恼怒,使不安,烦扰,费心
n. 烦扰,

联想记忆
scandal ['skændl]

想一想再看

n. 丑闻,中伤,反感,耻辱

 
hull [hʌl]

想一想再看

n. (水果、种子等的)壳,船身,船体,[植]花萼 v.

 
discreet [di'skri:t]

想一想再看

adj. 谨慎的

 
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
conspiracy [kən'spirəsi]

想一想再看

n. 阴谋

联想记忆
collect [kə'lekt]

想一想再看

v. 收集,聚集
v. 推论

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。