Sally! Bobby!
萨丽,博比
They sell it at Woolworth's.
伍尔沃斯店有卖
There's a section that says "halloween costumes."
那儿有个万圣节服饰专区
You'll wear it once.
你穿过一次的
Plus it's made out of plastic and it's crap.
是塑料做的,而且奇烂无比
I'm always gonna love minnie mouse.
我一直都喜欢米妮鼠
I'm gonna be an astronaut.
我要装扮成宇航员
Didn't you hear me? The luggage.
没听见我叫吗,拿行李
I'll go get it.
我去拿吧
That's not the point. They don't listen.
不是这个问题,他们根本不听话
There's more? It's a week.
这么多吗,只一个星期而已
We're going for a week? Are we gonna miss Halloween?
要去一个星期吗,那不就错过万圣节了
Hey have Halloween there. You'll go with your cousins.
在那边过就行了,跟你的表亲们玩去
Say goodbye to your father then get the bags.
跟爸爸说再见,然后拿行李去
They have a Woolworth's in Philly too.
费城也有伍尔沃斯店的
I only have $40.
我只有40块现金
Swing by the bank.
顺便去趟银行吧
There should be at least $200 in your checking.
你户头上应该至少还有200块
That's plenty. you have no more money?
差不多够了,你身上没钱吗,
Take care.
保重
Roger I think you remember... Annabelle.
罗杰,你应该记得,安娜贝尔,
You look wonderful.
神采奕奕啊
You look exactly the same.
你也风采不减当年
This is Annabelle what is it again?
这位是安娜贝尔,现在姓什么来着
Mathis.
马西斯
I can't tell if you two know each other or not.
我都搞不清你们俩到底认不认识了
Don Draper. Hello.
唐·德雷柏,幸会,
Please Mrs. Mathis sit.
马西斯夫人,请这边坐
How the hell were you in town and not look me up?
你进城了怎么没联系我呢
I wasn't sure about coming back here.
我之前并没有打算要回这里
I'm running the company now.
我现在经营公司
You divorced what'shisname? No David died
你和那男人离婚了吗,不,大卫去世了,
And because of my father's will
然后基于父亲的遗愿
the company went back to me.
公司重新归我掌管
Oh I'm sorry.
节哀
51 years old. Lung cancer.
51岁,死于肺癌,
That's too bad.
真遗憾
So... So yes if you're open to it.
你来是为...对,你肯接手的话,
Caldecott farms I'm sure you've heard
考尔德科特农场,你肯定听说过
Had a public relations crisis followed by disastrous sales.
因公关危机,造成销售骤减
I hadn't heard.
没听过
"The misfits" the movieClark Gable.
电影《乱点鸳鸯谱》克拉克·盖博主演,
It was about horses being turned into dog food.
讲述把马肉加工成狗粮的故事
There was an expose.
这一行为遭到了曝光
We were singled out. I don't know why.
我们被抖出来了,不明原因
You don't know why?
不明原因吗
She owns a horse farm that makes dog food.
因为你有一座生产狗粮的养马场
We had a 15% share of the market
我们占有15%的市场份额
But now Benton & Bowles has dropped us for gravy train.
但本顿&鲍尔斯公司却放弃我们去别处发大财了(Benton & Bowles名广告公司,天联广告公司的前身)
Well that was a mistake.
那是个错误
Well people eat cow but they call it beef.
人们明明吃的是牛,却改称牛肉
Chicken is poultry. Pig
管鸡叫禽肉,猪叫...
We've got it sweetheart.
了解了,亲爱的
Well there is no other word for horsemeat.
却没有马肉的美化词
I thought maybe you could invent one.
所以我想或许你们可以造一个出来
What do you think Don? I think it's a tall order.
你觉得呢,唐,高难度任务啊,
Do you have to use horsemeat?
一定得用马肉吗
All dog food is horsemeat.
所有的狗粮都是马肉做的
People eat it all over the world.
全世界人们都会吃
I've eaten it. It's delicious. It's like venison.
我吃过,美味,跟鹿肉一样
I've eaten it.
我也吃过
I'll tell you what I'm telling the avenue:
我要向麦迪逊大道上的广告公司宣告
Best idea gets my business.
拥有最佳创意,才能成为我们的代理商
How long do we have?
时限多长
I'm in town until friday
我会在城里待到周五
but only the big firms are rushing.
但只有大公司才有实力赶进度
Well I'm not gonna sit here and brag about how big I am.
放心,我不会干坐着吹嘘自己有多"大"
Roger.
罗杰
Bert.
伯特
I have two simple rules.
我只有两个要求
I don't want to change the recipe. It's all meat.
第一,配方不得更换,坚持马肉
And two my father named it Caldecott farms.
第二,考尔德科特农场由我父亲命名,不得更换
Don't change the name. Don't change the product.
不换品牌,不换产品
Got it.
了解
Walk me out?
送我出去吗
We had their business before
我们以前也做过他们的广告代理
But her father was a son of a bitch.
但她父亲真是个混球
You know people spend more money
知道吗,现在人们在狗粮上的开销
On dog food than baby food.
比婴儿食品还要多
I'll put the fellas on it.
比成人食品也要多吧
Is that really necessary?
有必要搀着我吗
You've never walked in high heels.
你根本不知道穿高跟鞋的感觉
No coming in here.
等等,转过来
What are you doing here?
你此次到底为何事而来
I wanted to see you and I need something new...
我想见你,而且也想要些新发展
I'll bet you do.
但愿如此
...For my business.
为我的生意,
Besides you're married aren't you?
况且,你不是结婚了吗
I am. Still or again?
确实,旧爱还是新欢,
You know it's again and don't get cute.
你知道是新欢的,别装无知
I heard she's a teenager.
听说还是个妙龄女郎
Probably too jealous to let you
这样的话,她应该会心生嫉妒
Have a business dinner with me.
不会允许你跟我共进晚餐的吧
Gonna need a reason.
何种应酬
Because I know you're good at this
你不是很拿手吗
Advertising I mean.
我是说,广而告之
Tomorrow night. Somewhere french.
明晚,法式餐厅
Avec Plaisir.
荣幸之至
All the lights were on. I figured you'd be home.
所有灯都开着,还以为你在家呢
I knew you were coming over
我知道你要过来
It might be dark when I got home
怕你来的时候太黑了
And I didn't want the McKays to see you turning on the lights.
而且我也不想让麦凯看到你开灯
That's very thoughtful.
真是心思缜密
I'm making Spaghetti with cream butter and cheese.
我要用奶油,奶酪,干酪来做意大利面
And hot pepper? Yes.
再加辣椒,对,
I had it like that in little Italy.
我想做成在意大利吃的那种味道
Oh. I love that place.
我爱那个地方
Believe it or not I get treated very well there.
信吗,我在那儿过得好极了
Oh I wish I could take you there.
真希望你也一起去
I know.
我知道
Don I swear I'm not talking about our future.
唐,我发誓这不是在讨论我们的未来
I entered into this with my eyes open.
说着说着就到那儿了
I pushed you.
我的错
What does it matter?
有什么关系
Here we are and I look at your life.
像现在这样,我旁观着你的生活
And even if I remove myself from the picture
即使将自己从你的生活中抹去
I see a man who is not happy.
你仍然不幸福
I'm happy now.
我现在很幸福啊
What?
怎么了
Okay.
你还好吧
Okay.
我很好
I'm going to lie down.
我去躺一下
Come get me when you want to.
弄好了就叫我
Why did I decide to leave surgery?
我为何决定放弃做外科医生
These last few months have been difficult
最近这几个月过得很不顺意
But I found a reserve of strength
但我发现了在自己体内
In myself I didn't know I had.
还蕴藏着另一股力量
I realized there are other ways to
让我意识到,除了用手术刀给病人做手术
Heal people besides cutting them open.
我还可以用其他的方法治愈人们
What experience have you had with psychiatry?
你有精神学科的相关阅历吗
Well that's kind of personal.
这问题涉及到个人隐私
Greg remember what Steve said
格雷格,记住史蒂夫说的
This is a field about the most intimate details in life.
精神学科本身就涉及的是人们最为私密的领域
More intimate than their organs?
比内脏还私密吗
You know I'm curious why you won't answer the question.
我很好奇,为什么你就是不回答这个问题
What is your experience with psychiatry?
你有精神学科的相关阅历吗
None personally but my dad had a nervous breakdown.
个人没有,但我爸曾经精神崩溃
I didn't know that.
没听你说过
Yeah no one was buying furniture.
因为没人买他的家具
My mom ran away for two weeks because
我妈曾离家出走两个星期
He wouldn't get a christmas tree.
因为他不肯买圣诞树
A headshrinker got him through but
有位神经病医生治好了他
We weren't allowed to talk about it.
但我们家人对这件事都讳莫如深
Greg that's wonderful.
格雷格,太棒了
It was a lot of things Joan.
往事不堪回首,琼
No answer like that.
不是,我说的是你的状态
This is a talking profession.
这是个嘴上功夫的职业
The way you just were with me right now so open
只要你表现得像跟我聊天一样,敞开心扉
He's gonna love you.
他就肯定会喜欢你
The most important thing about an interview
面试最重要的一点就是
Is to express enthusiasm in a believable way.
用适当的方式表现你的热情
No selfdeprecating humor.
不要自我嘲讽,妄自菲薄
You're smart. You're funny. You're great to be around
你很聪明,你很风趣,你很好相处
But you haven't decided if they're the right one.
但你不确定他们是不是可栖的良木
This isn't a beauty pageant.
可面试不是选美
Well I've seen executives crash and burn.
我见过很多面试官崩溃的情形
I can't believe I never told you that.
我怎么会没告诉过你呢
I just...
我只是
Wanted more than I thought I would want.
没想到自己会有这么多的奢望
But it'll pass.
但都会过去的
Actually I know for a fact it will.
实际上,我确信它会过去的
I don't want it to pass.
我可不想让它过去
One day I dropped the kids off at school
有天我把孩子们送到学校后
and I saw you in the yard.
看到你站在校园里
I kept wishing for you to get in the car
我真想让你钻进车里
and drive away with me.
和我飞驰而去
Just let it go.
别乱想了
I'll clear my schedule.
我会重排自己的行程
We can go to Mystic or somethin for the rest of the week.
我们可以去米斯蒂克小镇度过这周
Mystic?
米斯蒂克(直译为"仙境")
I can think of someplace if you're serious.
如果你是认真的话,我可以想到好去处
I am.
我是说真的
Okay.
好的
Oh damn it.
该死
Hello. Roger it's Joan.
喂,罗杰,我是琼,
Joan Harris. Jesus.
琼·哈里斯,老天,
You're lucky I answered. Ginger's not in.
幸好是我接的,金吉不在
I know. She has a hair appointment
我知道,她去做头发了
The last tuesday of every month.
每月最后一个星期二
She does?
是吗
And I know that your lunch canceled.
我也知道你的午餐取消了
What am I wearing?
那我现在穿什么衣服
So how are things?
近来如何
Mr. Hooker has rearranged the
胡克先生按姓名首字母
Secretaries in the pool alphabetically.
重新编排了公司里的女秘书们
By cup size?
按罩杯大小吗
Well I know where you'd be sitting.
那样的话我知道你该排在哪儿
You're making me sorry I called you.
你这样会让我后悔给你打电话
I need a favor. I need help finding work.
我需要帮忙,帮忙找工作
Something happen with Dr. Cut up? Not at all.
那个外科医生出了什么事吗,与他无关,
He's pursuing his dream of becoming a psychiatrist
他正在努力追寻自己成为精神医生的梦想
But that means more training
那就意味着更多的学习
and I just don't want him moonlighting all the time.
而我不想让他独自负担我们两个人的生活
Why does it matter?
这很重要吗
It doesn't. None of my business.
没有,也不关我的事
Why don't you come back here?
回来工作如何
Roger I've been replaced
罗杰,我已经被人取而代之了
And a secretary makes less money than
况且做秘书还比不上
If I was working at a department store.
我在百货公司赚得多
I'm so glad you called me.
真高兴你打给我了
I'm sorry it had to be for a favor.
很抱歉因为有所求才打给你
No I like that you thought of me
不,你能想到我我已经很开心了
You know to ask.
至少,你想到了我
You want to be on some people's minds.
希望能被某人记在心上
Some people's you don't.
当然也不想被某些人记住
That's nice. So do you miss it here?
你真好,你想这儿了吗,
Are you asking if I miss you?
你是在问我是否想你了吗
Well I guess I am
大概是吧,因为除了我
because everything else is different.
这儿的一切都已经不同了
I should go.
我该挂了
Well how do I work this if I think of anybody?
如果找到了工作该怎么做
Just give them your number?
直接把你的电话号码给他们吗
Look at you figuring things out for yourself.
随便你,自己看着办吧
Bye bye Joanie.
拜拜,琼妮
Look who's here.
看看谁来了
I'm sorry I missed the funeral.
抱歉错过了葬礼
My grandson was graduating.
我孙子刚好毕业典礼
It was beautiful.
祝贺你
Judy fixed lunch. We don't have to talk right away.
朱蒂安排了午餐,我们可以过会儿再谈
I don't have a lot of time.
我没多少时间
Betty wants to know what the house is worth.
贝蒂想知道这房子价值多少
I'm a lawyer. I'm not a real estate agent.
我是个律师,又不是房产经纪人
Well the house was left to both of us.
房子是我们共同所有的遗产
I don't understand why I shouldn't be able to buy
凭什么我出的价钱是父亲当时买价的两倍
it away from her at double what dad paid for it.
还没法从她手里买过来呢
They bought it in the late '20s.
他们可是20多岁时买的
Dad always said it was the top of the market.
但父亲说这房子在当时炙手可热
Your father intended you to get
你父亲说这话是因为
as much money for it as you could
他想让你们把这房子卖个好价钱
So basically dad gave it to Betty because
相当于父亲已经把房子给了贝蒂
he knew I didn't have any money.
因为他知道我不可能有钱买
This is ugly. You know that?
太可恶了,知道吗
Milton I need to speak to you in confidence.
米尔顿,有些事我想单独跟你谈谈
I need your advice.
我需要听听你的建议
I need complete confidentiality.
你得绝对保守秘密
It's my husband.
有关我丈夫
I just found out some compromising facts.
我发现了一件难以启齿的丑事
He uh he's been married before
他,他以前结过婚
And he
而且
Well it's not even his real name and
用的是假名
he bought her a house his exwife.
还给他的前妻,买了栋房子
II need to know what to do.
我该怎么办
I don't know him Betsy.
我不了解他,贝蒂
I met him at your wedding.
我只在你们的婚礼上见过他而已
I know your father didn't want him in the will.
但我知道你父亲的遗嘱里没有提到他
So? What do you want to do?
所以呢,你想怎么办,
Do you want a divorce?
想离婚吗
In New York State you need to prove adultery.
在纽约州你需要出示他不忠的证据
Can you?
你有吗
Maybe.
也许吧
I mean prove it in a court of law.
那可是在法庭的众目睽睽之下
That's hard to do.
会很难堪
Unless he wants out but you're not gonna get anything.
除非他主动离婚,但你就什么也分不到了
You won't even be able to buy William out of the house.
也没法从威廉那买回房子的产权了
You'll have to sell it.
除非你将它卖掉
And he can take the children.
而且他可以得到孩子的监护权
That's my legal advice.
以上是法律建议
Do you want the rest of it?
想听听私人建议吗
Are you afraid of him? No.
你怕他吗,不怕,
Is he a good provider?
他是个称职的顶梁柱吗
Well he is but that's not the point.
是吧,但那又怎样
It's a lie so big Milton.
这简直是弥天大谎,米尔顿
I feel like I've been in some dream since I found out.
我发现这事以后就觉得自己一直像在做梦
Just saying it out loud to you
现在对你说出来
This is the first time I'm realizing it's true.
我才意识到这一切都是真的
You have three small children together.
你们还育有三个孩子
At least go home give it a try.
至少先回家去,试试
That's what I'd tell my own daughter.
我跟自己的女儿就是这样建议的
Damn it Betts! This isn't right!
该死,贝蒂,你不能这样做
Look he waited.
看啊,他居然等到现在
This is number three.
这已经是我第三支烟了
What do you want?
想点什么
I'm going to have one of those lovely wines.
我要一瓶可爱的葡萄酒
Why did you have two? Are you nervous?
你怎么都抽了两根了,紧张吗
She'll have one of those lovely wines.
她要一瓶葡萄酒
Bordeaux.
波尔多
Don wants to call in a focus group right away.
唐想马上就为你成立一个策划小组
That's enough business.
真是受宠若惊
I want to know everything that's
我想知道过去二十年
happened in the last 20 years.
发生的所有事情
Longer.
不只吧
It wasn't until years later
因为几年后
that I realized you were the only
我才发现你是我在那段岁月中
person I could remember that time with.
唯一怀念的伴侣
What do you want to remember?
你想听些什么
What I was like at that age
我当年的样子
Paris before the war
战前的巴黎
Eating in cemeteries.
在公墓里吃饭
People were jumping out of windows
人们东躲西藏,疲于奔命时
and we were on vacation.
我们却在悠闲地度假
I don't remember much.
我记不得太多了
Are you trying to tell me when you saw
你是想说看《卡萨布兰卡》的时候
"Casablanca"you didn't think about me?
你压根不会想起我吗,
You mean Peter Lorre?
你是说彼得?洛吗
You seemed so happy to see me and
你上次见到我还很高兴
now you're just being... drunk.
这次怎么...醉醺醺的感觉
Look Annabelle.
听着,安娜贝尔
We were not in "Casablanca."
我们可不是在拍《卡萨布兰卡》的电影
The only similarity is that you left me for another man.
唯一相似的情节就是你抛下我跟别的男人跑了
When she gets on the plane at the end?
最后她登上了飞机吗
That woman got on the plane with a man
那女人是跟一个
who was going to end world war II
能结束二战的男人跑的
Not run her father's dog food company.
可不是为了经营她父亲的狗粮公司
You were adrift. You didn't do anything but spend money.
你当年就是个登徒浪子,只会挥霍金钱
You walked around like you were hoping to
你游走四方,觉得自己能成为
be a character in somebody else's novel.
别人生命中的男主角似的
The boxing.
对拳击的痴迷
I'm not gonna sit here and listen to your reasons.
我不想听你在这儿胡言乱语
Believe it or not I still remember them.
不管你相信与否,我一直都记得
Oh jesus where's the wine?
老天,酒怎么还没来
I don't like the way you're looking at me.
我不喜欢你这样看着我
How am I looking at you?
怎样看着你
With pity.
满是怜悯
I finally found a beautiful carefree
我好不容易找到一个美丽的
girl unconcerned about the future.
不在意将来的无忧无虑的女孩
I was more serious than you. Well I got mine.
我比你认真,我也有认真对待的时候,
I married Mona joined the firm
我娶了莫娜,加入了广告公司
And then I got shipped off to the pacific for the duration.
战争时期还被遣送到太平洋战区
When I came home I went to work while
回来后我开始工作
you were watching "Casablanca."
而你却还沉迷于《卡萨布兰卡》
And I got blamed when we lost the account.
当公司失去一个客户,我被骂得狗血淋头
All I heard was my father said
我只听父亲说过
Bert Cooper had a screw loose.
伯特·库珀打了个大败仗而已
Look you're rich.
听着,你是有钱人
Let someone else take your horsemeat
让别人买走你家的马肉
and slap their label on it.
然后另外贴个商标算了
And do what?
然后怎样
Oh I don't want a whole bottle. I'll help.
我喝不了一整瓶,有我呢,
And I told him the closest we ever got to Hemingway
我说我们离海明威最近的一次就是
was sitting in a chair he once sat in.
坐在他坐过的椅子上
And that was in the '20s not the '30s.
那是20岁时的事,不是30岁
And then he said he remembered me
然后他说他还记得我
Because I was the one who'd introduced him to peanut butter.
因为是我把他带入花生酱的美味世界的
Yeah I never understood that.
我一直搞不懂
They had peanuts in Europe.
欧洲明明有花生的啊
No one ever thought of that?
就没人想过把它做成花生酱吗
Look at us. Oh will you stop?
看看外面,你省省好吧,
Roger do I look like a widow?
罗杰,我像个寡妇吗
You look great.
你光彩照人
You still want me.
你还爱我
So what?
那又怎样
I'm married
我结婚了
Newlywed honeymooning.
新婚,蜜月期
How could I have missed the window between Mona and her?
我怎么就错过了你在莫娜和她之间的空挡呢
There really wasn't much of a window.
没什么空挡
It kind of overlapped.
这两段婚姻是重叠的
Well I was there first.
我比她们都要早
We'll just take this and tack it onto that.
让我直接取代她们两个吧
I'm gonna get you a cab.
我给你叫出租车
Are you afraid I'll be disappointed?
是怕你会让我失望吗
You were always good drunk.
你醉酒之后一直都表现得更好
Annabelle let me get you a cab.
安娜贝尔,我去给你叫出租车
It's different with this girl.
我跟她在一起的感觉不一样
I'm sorry.
抱歉
Good night.
晚安
How'd it go?
面试怎样
I screwed up all my answers
回答得一塌糊涂
And I tried to talk about the articles
本来还想谈谈文章
but I couldn't remember anything.
但又什么都不记得了
I made a fool out of myself.
搞得自己跟白痴一样
I am sure that's not true. You weren't there.
没有那么糟的,你又没看见,
Stop acting like you know everything.
别说得好像你洞悉万事一样
You'll have other interviews. I don't want 'em.
还有别的机会的,不感兴趣,
I don't want to be a psychiatrist.
我不想当精神科医生
It's not medicine.
这根本不属于医学范畴
I might as well work at a bank.
跟在银行工作也没什么不同
I don't care what you do as long as you do something.
你只要能找到份工作我就万幸了
We need money.
我们需要钱
I did everything I was supposed to do
我可以做的都尝试过了
Everything they told me
统统按照他们的指示
College med school.
大学,医学院
I wanted to be a surgeon since I was that big.
从这么小我就开始想当外科医生
I'm sorry Greg.
很遗憾,格雷格
Maybe it's time to move on.
你该向前看了
Hey you don't know!
你知道什么
You don't know what it's like to
你根本不知道那种
want something your whole life
努力期盼了一辈子
To plan for it to count on it and not get it!
到头来却什么也没实现的滋味
Okay?
拜托
Ah! Oh shit?
该死
What the hell?!
搞什么
You're insane! You know that?!
你疯了,你知道吗
Why isn't he wearing a white coat?
他怎么不穿白大褂
He looks like a dogfood salesman.
看起来跟个狗食销售员似的
Dogs don't like uniforms.
狗不喜欢制服
Well we're lucky. Everyone has an appetite today.
今天不错,大家都很有胃口
They said we should bring them hungry
他们要求先要让狗饿着
But he does seem to like this.
不过看起来是真喜欢吃
How would you describe your dog's temperament?
形容一下你的狗的性格吧
She's picky and she's nervous sometimes
它很挑剔,有时甚至神经质
But she's very smart. And yours?
但很聪明,你的呢,
He's independent you know?
它很独立,明白吗
He knows what he likes. He's pretty hard to fool.
它知道自己想要什么,很难耍到它
Oh my god they're describing themselves.
老天,他们是在说自己吧
This your first group?
这就是第一组吗
What if I told you
我想说的是
your dogs were enjoying Caldecott Farms?
你们的狗正在享用考尔德科特农场的狗食
What's it called? I wouldn't like it.
什么,不能吃这个,
Bingo stop. I've never heard of it.
宾果,不许吃了,我没听过这牌子,
Well you should. They make it out of ponies.
太不应该了,他们用马肉来做狗食
Goodness gracious. That's this one?
仁慈的主啊,就是这个吗
This is the first I'm hearing of this.
这是我第一次听说这事
I wish you would've told me.
你应该早些告诉我
When people are protesting I'm on board.
人们都在保护动物的时候,我却在残害
Well what brand does your dog prefer?
那您的狗喜欢什么牌子的狗食呢
Why would you do this to us? It's inhumane.
你怎么能这样对我们,简直不人道,
Bingo looks sick. Turn it off.
宾果好像不舒服,关掉,
Could somebody get that? I can't turn it off.
谁去弄一下,我关不掉啊,
It's actually happening. Turn off the sound.
这是真实场景啊,把声音关掉,
I already know how people feel.
我知道人们是什么反应
It's your job to change that.
所以才让你改变这种状况
Any agency that does not change the name
如果哪个广告公司告诉你可以不必更换品牌名
is stealing your money.
那一定是在骗你的钱
The product is good it's high quality
你的产品很好,质量上乘
Dodogs love it but the name has been poisoned.
狗狗喜爱,但这品牌现在是臭名昭着
That name got us where we are.
我们凭着这品牌一路走来
Do you think that was just luck?
你觉得只是靠运气吗
I'm not saying a new name is easy to find
我并不是说换个新名字很容易
And we will give you a lot of options
虽然我们可以为你提供很多选择
But it's a label on a can.
但那始终只是罐子上的商标而已
It will be true because it will promise the quality
诚然,罐里所装的食物质量如何
of the product that's inside.
品牌名是一种重要的保障
Well I'm going to wait it out
我还是到外面去等吧
And not for these morons
我已经不指望你们这些蠢货了
but for another agency to solve my problem.
还是找别的广告公司来解决我的问题吧
Jesus Annabelle let it go.
老天,安娜贝尔,你放手吧
The name is done.
那品牌已经完了
It's unfair but it's over.
是不公平,但完了就是完了
Annabelle! Are you ready for the next group?
安娜贝尔,准备好进行下一组了吗,
I don't like the way you're speaking to me.
我不喜欢你跟我说话的语气
Everybody out.
大家回避一下
Is this about last night?
是昨晚的迁怒吗
I don't even remember last night.
我早已忘却昨晚发生了何事
Oh well you threw yourself at me and I turned you down.
你扑到我身上,但我把你推开了
I'm right. You want to hurt me.
我没猜错,你恶意针对我
No. No I don't.
不,我没有
You want to know if it was a great time?
想听我说当年是段美好时光吗
It was.
是的
Do you want to know if you broke my heart?
想听我说你伤了我的心吗
Obviously.
毫无疑问
Well it was a mistake.
是我的错
It's nice to hear but it doesn't matter anymore.
听你这么说我感到安慰,但已经无所谓了
It does to me.
对我有所谓
When I was burying this man
当我给那个男人送葬的时候
All I thought was
我脑海中只有一个念头
I'd have rather had my heart broken every day by you.
我宁愿我心日日为你碎,也要与你在一起
You were the one.
你就是我命中注定的男人
You weren't.
可惜你不是我命中注定的女人
Well you're lucky you found her.
你很幸运,因为你最终找到了那个女人
Goodbye Roger.
再见,罗杰
I think it's about four hours to Norwich
大概还有四小时到诺威奇吧
But the Norwich Inn might be a little past it
但诺威奇旅店可能更远一些
And we can check in till midnight. We'll be fine.
午夜前都可以登记入住,没事的
I'll be right out.
马上回来
Daddy?
爸爸
I'll be right back Salamander.
我马上就回来,小宝贝
Daddy!
爸爸
I left my hat in the car.
我把帽子忘在车里了
Get it later.
一会儿再拿
I need to talk to you.
我有话对你说
Go upstairs. We want to say hi to daddy.
上楼去,我们想跟爸爸打招呼,
Upstairs.
上楼
You're home early. What did William do now?
你提前回家了,威廉现在怎么样
Not right now Don.
现在不是说这个的时候,唐
Why didn't you just call the office?
为什么你不直接打电话到办公室
I came home to feed the dog and change shirts.
我回来给狗喂食,换件衣服
I have a client dinner in the city.
一会儿在城里有个应酬
I need to show you something.
我要给你看点东西
What's going on? Open this drawer.
到底怎么了,把抽屉打开,
Betts that's my desk.
贝蒂,那是我的桌子
Open the drawer or I will.
你不打开的话,我会亲自动手
Fine.
好吧
Betty this is my desk.
贝蒂,这是我的桌子
It's private.
私人领域
Where did you get these?
你从哪儿拿的钥匙
You left them in the pocket of your bathrobe
你忘在浴袍口袋里了
But I could've had a locksmith in here anytime I wanted.
我随时可以找个锁匠将它强行打开
I respected your privacy too long.
我尊重你的隐私已经太久了
Open it.
打开
No.
不,
You know I know what's in there.
你很清楚我知道里面有什么
I can explain.
我可以解释
You didn't have to look at my things.
你没必要翻我的东西
Which things Don?
什么东西,唐
The pictures covered with other people's names?
写着另一个名字的你的照片吗
Is that you?
是你吗
Dick is that your name?
迪克,是你的名字吗
People change their names Betts.
人都有可能改名字的,贝蒂
You did. I did
你也改过,我是改过,
I took your name.
从了你的姓
And so did this Anna woman whoever she is.
这个叫安娜的女人也一样,虽然我不知道她是谁
I can explain. I know. I know you can.
听我解释,我知道,你能解释,
You're a very very gifted storyteller.
你可是讲故事的好手
Betts I
贝蒂,我
I need a drink.
我需要酒
Are you thinking of what to say or
你是在酝酿要怎么说吗
are you just looking at that door?
还是想着要从这扇门出去
I'm not going anywhere.
我哪儿也不去
I'll get you a drink. Just sit down.
我给你拿喝的,你坐
You bought her a house.
你给她买了房子
Where do you want me to start?
你想让我从哪儿讲起
What's your name?
你叫什么
Donald Draper...
唐纳德·德雷柏
But it used to be Dick Whitman.
但我以前叫迪克·惠特曼
And who's that woman? Your other wife.
那女人是谁,另一个妻子吗
It wasn't...
我跟她...
Romantic.
并非男女爱情关系
I ended up married to her because I ran away to join the army.
因为我去参军,我们之间的婚姻也到了尽头
There was an accident.
战场上出了事故
This guy was killed and I was injured.
有个人死了,我也受了重伤
But they made a mistake.
但他们登记错了
All I had to do was be him and I could leave Korea.
而我只要借用他的身份就可以离开韩国
Be who?
谁的身份
Donald Draper.
唐纳德·德雷柏
You took his name?
你用了他的名字
Yes.
是的
Isn't that against the law?
这不是犯法的吗
Yes.
是的
I found out it was easier to be him than to start over.
但我发现以他的身份生活比从头再来简单得多
It turned out he was married to that woman
后来我发现他已有家室
so I took care of her.
所以我得照顾她
And then I divorced her the minute I met you.
我与你相识之后,就与她办了离婚手续
You divorced her on Valentine's Day 1953
你跟她在1953年的情人节离婚
Three months before we got married.
我们结婚的三个月前
Why didn't you tell me?
你为什么不告诉我
Why couldn't you tell me any of this?
你为什么把这一切都紧紧地瞒着我
When? The day we met?
什么时候告诉你,相遇那天吗
On our first date? On our wedding night?
初次约会那天吗,新婚当晚吗
Why did you need to know?
你为什么非得知道呢
You don't get to ask any questions.
你没资格问问题
You have a family.
你还有家人
No I don't.
不,我没有
All this time I thought you were some football hero
我一直以为你是某个足球明星
who hated his father.
因与父亲不和而隐姓埋名
I knew you were poor.
我知道你出身贫困
I knew you were ashamed of it.
我知道你以此为耻
I see how you are with money. You don't understand it.
我知道你的金钱观,你完全没有概念
I was very poor.
我是很穷
Did you see her when you were in California?
你之前去加州的时候见她了吗
I did...
是的
And she reminded me that I loved you.
但她更加让我知道,我爱你
What would you do if you were me?
如果你是我,你会如何
Would you love you?
你还会爱这样一个男人吗
I was surprised that you ever loved me.
我很怀疑你是否真的爱过我
Am I supposed to feel sorry for you?
我是不是该同情你啊
I don't know.
不知道
You obviously wanted me to know this
你显然是想让我知道这些事
or you wouldn't have left your keys
否则你不会故意丢下钥匙
You wouldn't have kept all of this in my house.
不会把这些证据统统放在我的房子里
Say something.
说话啊
I didn't think I had a choice...
我觉得我别无选择
And I don't know what the difference is.
我也不知道这有什么不同
This is our house and those are our children.
这是我们共同的房子,我们两个的孩子
Well there's a big difference
当然不同
You lied to me every day.
你每天都对我撒谎
I can't trust you. I don't know who you are.
我无法信任你,我都不知道你是谁
Yes you do.
你知道的
We're not done.
这事没完
Betts I'm in here.
贝蒂,我在这儿
How is he?
他怎样了
He kicked his blankets off.
踢被子了
Sit with me.
坐我旁边
This was my father Archibald.
这是我父亲,阿基保尔
But this
但这位
That's not my mother.
这不是我母亲
My mother was a 22yearold prostitute
我母亲是个22岁的妓女
who died having me.
生我时难产而死
This woman
这个女人
Abigail Archie's wife
阿比盖尔,阿基保尔的妻子
She raised me.
她养育了我
When I was 10
我十岁的时候
Arch died and we moved.
阿基保尔去世,我们搬了家
And Abigail took up with him
然后阿比盖尔和他在一起了
Mack.
马克
Uncle Mack.
马克叔叔
He was nice to me.
他对我很好
What happened to them?
他们后来怎么了
They're all dead.
都去世了
Even Adam?
亚当也是吗
The little boy in all the pictures.
有个小男孩几乎出现在每一张照片里
I assume he's your brother.
我猜是你的弟弟
He was my halfbrother.
是同父异母的弟弟
And he died.
他也死了
He killed himself.
自杀
He came to me because he wanted help...
他需要帮忙,所以来找我
And I turned him away.
但我拒绝了他
He didn't even want help. He just
其实他不是需要帮忙,只是
He just wanted to be part of my life...
只是想要和我一起生活
And I couldn't risk all of this.
但我却不肯冒险
He hung himself.
最后他上吊了
I'm sorry. I am.
我很抱歉,真的
Bob how are you?
鲍勃,最近如何
Listen I've got a favor to ask you.
听着,帮我个忙
I know this girl actually you met her once
有个女孩,你见过一次的
Joan Holloway
琼·霍洛韦
Well Harris. Redhead.
现在姓哈里斯,红头发
Yes she's beautiful.
对,很美的那个
Anyway she's expensive
当然,她的工资要求也很高
But you're always complaining about
你不是一直念叨着
needing someone to whip your place into shape
想找个人帮你打理生意吗
So think about it.
考虑一下她吧
Yeah I want to help her out.
对,我想帮她找工作
She's important to me.
她对我很重要
Oh Jane's fine. Thanks for asking.
简很好,多谢关心
Don't be a stranger.
别不给我面子哦
I'm sorry Joanie.
对不起,琼妮
And I'm gonna buy you another vase to put those in.
我会给你买个新花瓶来装这些花的
I'm gonna buy you a lot of things.
我会给你买很多东西
It's not about buying things.
不是买东西的事
I know I know but I've been an ass
我知道,我知道,我一直很混蛋
Feeling sorry for myself
我为自己感到可耻
because I couldn't solve this problem.
因为我连工作也解决不了
And it was so easy Joanie.
但其实很简单,琼妮
The answer was right in front of me.
答案就在眼前
I joined the army Joanie.
我参军了,琼妮
You're gonna be taken care of.
你会得到很好的待遇
We're gonna be taken care of.
我们都会得到很好的待遇
And the best part is I get to be a surgeon.
而且我还可以当外科医生
They need them.
他们需要医生
You joined the army?
你参了军吗
I know I should've asked you but I'll do
我知道应该提前征求你的意见
six weeks of basic training. That's it.
但我要做六个月的基本训练,就是这样
I'll do my residency in New York.
我会在纽约参加实习
And then what? And then I might have to go somewhere.
然后呢,然后我就会被派遣,
West Germany maybe Vietnam if that's still going on
西德,如果战争没完的话还可能是越南
But a lot of docs don't have to go anywhere
但大多数医生不会被派遣
especially if they have families.
尤其是那些有家室的
And I'll go in as a captain.
而且我是以上尉的身份参军
Do you know what that means?
知道这代表着什么吗
You don't have to work anymore.
你不用再工作了
I don't know what to say. oh Joanie
我不知道该说什么,琼妮,
Please tell me this will make you happy
说你为我感到高兴吧
Because it will make me happy to give you everything you want.
因为能给你想要的一切,是我最大的幸福
It's wonderful Greg.
太棒了,格雷格
And no more soup.
别再弄汤了
Get your coat. We're going out.
穿上外套,我们出去吃
We should. That's my girl.
好的,我的好女孩儿,
Do you want something?
需要些什么吗
Are you gonna have something?
你有给我准备吗
Daddy are you going to trick or treat?
爸爸,你要跟我们一起出去要糖果吗
Yes of course.
当然
I'll see you tonight.
今晚再见
I didn't think you were coming in today.
我没想到您今天要来
I canceled my plans.
我把出行计划取消了
Do you want me to reschedule your lunch
需要我重新安排您与联合水果公司的
with Jeff Stansbury at United Fruit?
杰夫·斯坦斯伯里先生之间的午餐吗
No I have plenty to do.
不用,我有很多事要忙
Hello. I stopped by earlier.
喂,我刚去过你那儿,
No one answered. I was running all morning.
没人应门,我整个早晨都在跑步,
About last night What happened?
关于昨晚,发生什么了,
Did you get caught?
被抓住了吗
It's more complicated than that.
比你想的要复杂得多
So I suppose I'm not going to see you anymore?
意思就是我不能再见你了吗
Not right now.
暂时不能
No.
不能
Are you okay?
你还好吧
Only you would ask about me right now.
现在也只有你会关心我了
Do I have to worry about my job?
我的工作不会有问题吧
No.
不会
Okay.
好的
I should go.
我该走了
Goodbye.
再见
Goodbye Suzanne.
再见,苏珊娜
He's home! Let's go!
他回来了,出发
Shh. You'll wake the baby.
嘘,小心把宝宝吵醒了
Do I look like a gypsy? Yes.
我像吉普赛人吗,像,
Let's go let's go!
出发,出发
Do you want anything? No.
需要什么吗,不需要,
Should I take the carriage or just carry him?
用拿婴儿车载他出去还是直接抱着
It's cold out there.
外面很冷
You can stay here with him or I can.
你在家里陪他吧,要不我来
No.
不,
Good.
行,
What's taking so long?
别磨磨蹭蹭啦
Trick or treat!
不给糖就捣蛋
Well hello there. Look at this.
你们好啊,看看你们
We've got a gypsy and a hobo.
一个吉普赛人,一个流浪汉
And who are you supposed to be?
后面两位是谁呢