手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《广告狂人》 > 广告狂人第三季 > 正文

广告狂人第三季(MP3+中英字幕):第6集:视察

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Daddy don't.

爸爸,别关灯
It's 10:30. Why aren't you asleep?
都10点半了怎么还不睡
I'm afraid. Sally.
我害怕,萨丽,
I know. You're not Thomas Edison.
我知道你不是托马斯·爱迪生
What are you afraid of?
你怕什么呢
I'm afraid of what's going to happen
我害怕你关灯后
When you turn off the lights.
会发生什么事情
I'm home now.
爸爸现在在家呢
Nothing can hurt you...
没什么可以伤害你
Except maybe this mess.
不过在乱糟糟的房间里就难说了
Pick up your room and I'll get you a nightlight.
把房间收拾好,我就买个夜明灯给你
Okay.
好,
Go to sleep.
睡吧
What did you find out? Nothing.
有什么大发现,没有,
I bet they're gonna make us work over the holiday.
我打赌他们假期都不会放我们的假
And Cosgrove's late.
科斯格罗夫还没来
Can we have everyone's attention please?
请大家注意了
This will only take a moment
不会耽误大家太长时间
And it will not be repeated.
我也只会说一遍
That's not true Mr. Hooker.
不是这样的,胡克先生
We've just been informed
我们刚收到通知
That there will be a visit from the
帕特南鲍威尔洛公司的
Director and chairman of the board of putnam powell & lowe
董事长和总经理要来这里视察
The purpose of which is both friendly
他们此行是为了增进与我们的友谊
And of course to evaluate our performance.
同时也是为了评估我们的业绩
Mr. Hooker. The visit will commence tomorrow
胡克先生,他们明天就会开始视察,
That is tuesday at 10:00
也就是周二的10点
And will continue into the next day.
视察会持续到第二天
We apologize. We realize we were to be closed
我们很抱歉,也就是说,我们一直要工作到
Unill Wednesday July 3th.
7月3号星期三才能休息
Oh come on.
不是吧
They were unaware of the holiday.
他们没意识到假期将至
Now we merely need
现在我们需要的是
That everyone continue to operate at the height of their productivity
每个人继续保持高效率的工作模式
And to make sure that their desks and offices
确保每个人的办公桌和办公室
Are shipshape and bristol fashion.
全都井井有条,整整齐齐
And by no means should these preparations interfere
而这些准备工作一定不能
With our work today. Very good then.
妨碍到我们今天的工作,很好
Don may we have a word?
唐,借一步说话
Well isn't this perfect?
这太完美不过了
Well we'll just move it from lunch to the end of the day.
看来我们只能下班后才能实施计划了
I'm having a cake delivered.
我订的蛋糕快送来了
How's that going to look? A cake for what?
那个该怎么办,订蛋糕做什么,
Tomorrow is Joan's last day. I told you that.
明天是琼最后一天在职,我告诉过你的
But if we're working on Wednesday
如果周三还工作
wouldn't that be her last day?
那天才是她的最后一天吧
I don't know why she'd come in.
我不知道她为什么会来
Greg finds out about his residency today or tomorrow
格雷格今天或是明天就要成为住院医生了
I'm not sure. I think they're going away to celebrate.
我不确定,我以为他们会出去庆祝呢
I'm going to get some money. We should buy her something.
我去取点钱,我们得送她点什么
Umm Harry and Pete
哈里和皮特
We will need presentations for wednesday morning
周三早上我们要在州电视台
On the state of television
做个展示报告
And of course account updates.
当然了,业务部有几分钟的露面时间
Just a few minutes each. On each account?
几分钟就够了,每个业务员几分钟吗,
No a few minutes for each of you.
不,你们总共加在一起几分钟
And Mr. Kinsey
金西先生
You might want to shave your beard.
你该刮刮胡子了吧
What?! Who the hell are you people?!
什么,你们算哪根葱
That was a joke.
我开玩笑的
There's no need for panic.
没必要惊慌
Just think of this as the same as any major client visit.
把这个想成是大客户来访就行了
They're flying across the ocean to have their knobs polished?
他们飞洋过海是为了到此寻欢作乐吗
4th of July subtle.
7月4号,真会挑日子,
Get the door will you?
拜托把门关了
The British are coming.
英国人要来了
I assume you know what this is about.
我想你很清楚他们此行意欲何为吧
I have a theory. I believe they're coming to see you.
据我看来,他们是来见你的
Why? They've shown a great deal of interest in you.
为什么,他们似乎对你非常有兴趣,
Ever since you swung around your privates
尤其是你上次在董事会
In the boardroom with Duck last year.
和达克交锋之后
They study and dissect your work
他们认真研究了你的作品
Trying to decipher
试着破解
What is your particular American genius.
你与众不同的天才创意
What do you think it is? The presidency?
你觉得他们会如何决策,让他当总裁吗
No I think it'll be a creative umbrella
不,我觉得他们可能会让唐
With a dual position in London and New York.
在伦敦和纽约担任双重职位
London? Byebye don.
伦敦,再见了,唐,
How congenial you two are.
你们真是绝配了
I hope you can maintain this pretense when they arrive.
我希望他们来后,你们还能这么默契
Excuse me? Kiss and make up
什么,言归于好吧,
Before you cost us all something.
否则我们都会遭殃
You're being melodramatic.
你简直是危言耸听
Miss Blankenship
布兰肯希普小姐
Please make an appointment at Angelo's
请为斯特林和德雷柏两位先生
For Mr. Sterling and Draper
预约理发师安吉鲁
The soonest available. I have my own barber.
越快越好,我有专属理发师,
That's not necessary. Enough!
没必要,够了,(美国极富盛名的喜剧组合)
Everyone wants Martin & Lewis.
谁都想成为马丁和里维斯那样的最佳搭档
Reconcile.
和解吧
Damn it!
妈的
It's done! John Deere is done.
完成了,约翰迪尔公司新产品问世
The 110 lawn and garden tractor
110型号草坪花园拖拉机
With snow thrower transparent vinyl enclosure
配有扫雪机,光亮塑料机身
And a key.
和钥匙
Look at him. He just brought in a mastodon.
看看他,他带了个庞然大物过来
Sorry I'm late.
抱歉我来迟了
Big accounts move slowly
大客户总是姗姗来迟
but the John Deere doesn't.
但是约翰迪尔公司的人不会
Listen Mr. Clampett.
听着,克兰帕特先生
You might want to get your iron horse out of reception.
你最好把你的坐骑搬出接待室
I will... after everybody sees it.
我会的,等大家都看过之后我就搬
No P.P.L. Is coming.
不行,帕特南鲍威尔洛公司的人要来了
When? Tomorrow morning.
什么时候,明早,
And we have to work Wednesday.
我们周三还得工作
We have to give presentations.
还要做展示报告
You got that one just in time.
你正好赶上了
Yeah I guess I did.
我想是吧
She's in here!
她在这里
I'm resting and your little brother's sleeping.
我在休息,你的小弟弟在睡觉
All he does is sleep.
他就只会睡觉
What are you doing?
你在干嘛
I'm bored.
我很无聊
Go bang your head against a wall.
去面壁吧
Mom! Only boring people are bored.
妈妈,只有无趣的人才会感到无聊,
Can I pet him?
我能抚摸他吗
Don't wake him.
别弄醒他
Come over here.
过来这边
Go play.
自己玩去
You can sleep all you want little pig in a blanket.
想睡就睡吧,毛毯里的小猪猪
That is quite a shave.
这一刀可真是干净利落
I'm thinking about my toes right now.
帮我把脚指甲也修一下吧
Go to town. He's next.
去镇上吧,下一个帮他弄,
I already had one. See that's not true.
我已经修过了,你显然在说谎,
You think there's something feminine about it?
你觉得只有女人才会修指甲吗
My father was the tallest handsomest vainest man in New York
我父亲是全纽约最高,最帅,最虚荣的人
and he got his nails done.
他的指甲全修过
He had his fourth coronary behind the wheel
他第四次心脏病突发时正在开车
And then hit a tree.
然后撞上了一棵树
Windshield severed his arm
挡风玻璃使他的手臂当场断裂
And he was dead so they never put it back on.
他死了,断臂也永远没被接回去
In the casket he had one hand
他躺在棺材里,只有一只手
The nails were perfect.
可指甲仍然很光鲜
I don't believe that story.
我不相信这个故事
Okay so he hit another car and not a tree.
好吧,他是撞上了另一辆车,不是树
It's my company. Why should I be nervous?
这是我的公司,我为何感到紧张
Because you sold it.
因为你把它卖了
So that's it? That's what I did to you?
就这样吗,我就这样对你的吗
I got you half of a million dollars? I'm really sorry about that.
让你得了50万美元吗,我还真够对不住你的
No one said you did anything.
没人说你做了什么
You sound like Burl Ives.
你说话真像伯尔(著名作家,演员,音乐家)
Part of the problem with Mona
我之所以对莫娜不满,部分原因是
Is that one day she just started judging people.
她开始对别人评头论足了
Never gave a crap before.
她以前从不多嘴多舌的
I'll tell you right now Don
我现在告诉你,唐
I don't like being judged.
我不喜欢别人对我说三道四
Listen Roger
听着,罗杰
I'm okay. I'm okay.
好了,好了
We don't need to talk about this anymore.
我们没必要再说这些了
I promise.
我保证
I was holding out for gratitude
我不胜感激
But I will take that.
以后我也不会再谈起了
Thank you.
谢谢
Well maybe now you'll have the money and the glory.
也许你会钱财和荣耀两者兼得
Call the photographers type service and vendors
告诉摄影师,打印商和推销员
And tell them all deliveries should come between 9:30 and 11:00
所有东西必须在9:30到11点之间送来
So the British can see lots of activity when they arrive.
这样英国人到来时,就会看到一副热火朝天的景象
Now.
现在就做
Are you being short with me
你对我颐指气使是为了
Because you think it'll make parting easier?
不想让离别太难过吗
My mother used to do that.
我妈妈过去也常这么做
I'm noticing for the first time
我今天第一次注意到
That the ladies out here are rather plain
这里的女士们都相貌平平
Present company excluded.
当然,我面前的这两位除外
Well we could hire some prostitutes.
我们可以雇些妓女
I know your prime minister enjoys their company.
我听闻你们的首相很喜欢有妓女相伴左右
The secretary of war
是国防部部长(拉姆顿丑闻事件)
And you'd do best not to bring that up tomorrow.
你最好明天别提这事
I apologize. Well I apologize
我道歉,我也道歉,
That tomorrow's visit will steal from your spotlight.
明天不能为你举办欢送派对了
Perhaps we can reschedule your
也许假期过后我们可以
surprise party till after the holiday?
再为你举办惊喜派对
Why did you do that?
你为什么要说出来
Do what?
说什么
Mrs. Harris knows everything.
哈里斯夫人知晓一切
I'm sure she was expecting it.
我敢肯定她一定非常期待
I'm going to go home and make a celebratory dinner for my husband.
我现在要回家去为我丈夫做庆功晚餐
And when you wake up in the middle of the night
如果你在半夜醒来
And wonder what you forgot don't call me.
想不起忘记什么了,别打电话问我
Well that's smooth. I got a shave.
脸颊很光滑嘛,我刮了胡子,
Why? They ordered me to do it.
为什么,他们命令我这么做,
We have an inspection tomorrow the British.
英国人明天要来视察
Well you look very successful.
看来你要飞黄腾达了
Hot or cold?
吃热食还是冷食
Swedish meatballs or chicken salad?
瑞典肉丸还是鸡肉沙拉
Chicken salad.
鸡肉沙拉
Did you pick up a nightlight?
你买夜明灯了吗
I did and I read her to sleep.
买了,我还读书伴她睡觉了
She was still clingy.
她还是那么依赖我
I don't remember her being that resentful when Bobby was born.
我记得博比出生时,她好像没有这么怨愤
I don't know that she resents him.
我怎么没发现她不满小家伙的降生
Well she won't go near him.
她甚至都不愿意靠近他
She won't even go in his room unless I make her.
除非我叫她去,否则她根本不会去婴儿房
Why are they visiting? We don't know.
他们为什么要来视察,不知道,
Delayed everybody's vacation plans.
耽误了所有人的假期计划
He was perfect today.
他今天表现非常好
Who? Gene.
谁,吉恩,
Would you ever want to live in London?
你想过在伦敦定居吗
I'm serious.
我是认真的
Of course.
当然
I could get a pram and a real nanny.
我可以买辆婴儿车,雇个全职保姆
What do you know?
你听到了什么消息
Nothing.
没什么
Where the hell were you?
你到底去哪了
I told youI was going for drinks with the Docs.
我告诉过你我跟一帮医生同事去喝酒了
You didn't tell me anything. You didn't call me.
你什么都没说,你根本没给我打电话
I called you at work.
我上班的时候打给你了
That's a lie.
你撒谎
I just ate dinner for two.
我一个人吃了双份的晚餐
Get over here.
过来
I know you're drunk.
我知道你醉了
Come sit next to me.
过来坐我旁边
So what happened?
发生什么事了
I uh...
我...
I didn't get it.
我没得到那份工作
What happened?
怎么了
It doesn't say anything except
这上面什么都没说
That they made Doug Hutchinson chief resident.
只说让道格·哈金森担任首席住院医师
And I felt the floor open up under me.
我只觉得天颤地动
So you'll get it next year.
你明年还是有希望的
You knew it was possible.
你知道这可能性很大
I ran into Eddinger about a half hour before the letter came.
我在通告信下达之前的一小时遇到了艾丁加
I could tell something was wrong.
我当时就知道有什么不对劲
He wouldn't look me in the eye.
他都不敢正视我
I figured he felt bad
我以为他会心怀愧疚
And that I'd at least find out what the hell happened.
这样的话,我至少会搞清楚到底发生了什么
But he didn't feel bad.
可他根本毫无愧疚
What are you talking about? He loves you.
说什么呢,他喜欢你
He sat me down in his office
他让我坐在他的办公室里
He poured a drink and he said
倒了一杯酒,然后他说
He said I had no brains in my fingers.
他说我做手术不用头脑
But he wrote you all those nice evaluations.
但他为你写的评语都是正面的
Damn it Joan! Doctors don't write bad things about each other.
该死,琼,医生是不会相互抨击的
So you'll go to another hospital.
你要去别的医院另谋高就吗
Not in new york.
不会在纽约了
If I want to stay in surgery
如果我想继续待在外科门诊
I can go to Alabama or something.
我可以去阿拉巴马州或其他地方
So what happens?
到底发生什么事了
You're still a doctor right?
你仍然是位医生,对吧
I am.
没错
Just not a surgeon
只不过不再是外科医生
And I will never be a surgeon.
也永远无法成为外科医生
Did they fire you?
他们解雇你了吗
I don't want to talk about it Joanie okay?
我现在不想谈这个,琼
I was hoping you were asleep.
我原本希望你已经睡了
I have another year of residency.
我还得再当一年住院医师
You're not gonna be able to leave your job.
你不能辞职
Greg that's done.
格雷格,我已经辞了
Well get another one.
那就再找一份工作
Honey.
亲爱的
Listen.
听着
You are still a doctor.
你仍是医生
I married you for your heart not your hands.
我嫁给你是因为你的心,不是因为你的职业
They all went out to celebrate.
他们都出去庆祝了
I couldn't do it.
我却做不到
I just couldn't do it. I couldn't fake it.
我做不到,我无法强颜欢笑
I've been sitting in the Dublin house since 2:00.
我2点开始就坐在都柏林酒吧里了
Go lay down. I'll undress you.
去躺下,我帮你脱衣服
Just let me close the light.
我来关灯
Mr. Hooker you neglected to tell
胡克先生,你忘记通知我
me that our guests have arrived.
我们的客人已经到了
To what do I owe the pleasure?
能否有幸认识一下这位小姐
This is Mrs. Harris.
这位是哈里斯夫人
She was the office manager before me
她是我的前任办公室经理
But she is off to greener pastures.
但她另谋高就了
well that's a shame. Guy Mackendrick. Joan Harris.
真遗憾,我是盖尔·麦肯克,琼·哈里斯,
This is Mr. Harold Ford
这位是哈罗德·弗德先生
And you recall Saint John Powell.
你一定还记得圣约翰·鲍威尔先生
we've spoken on the phone.
我们在电话里聊过
I believe that's true. I just wanted to tell you
没错,我只是想告诉你们
I made a reservation at La Grenouille at 6:00
我在La Grenouille预订了6点的座位(法式餐馆)
And got you two tickets to "Oliver."
还买了两张《奥利弗》的票
It's a wonderful show.
这节目精彩绝伦
I've heard that a tragedy with a happy ending.
我听说过,以喜剧结尾的悲剧
My favorite kind.
是我喜欢的类型
Thank you Joan. Shall I give you the threepenny tour?
谢谢你,琼,我能带你们简略参观一下吗
Please let everyone know that they're here.
告诉大家他们来了
We have you scheduled to meet
我们为你们安排了和
With Sterling Cooper and Draper and then with Mr. Pryce.
斯特林,库珀,德雷柏和普莱斯先生的见面
Then a light lunch in the conference room
然后在会议厅和你要求见面的员工
With the personnel you requested.
享用一次简单的午餐
Tomorrow the presentations and client meetings.
明天,将举行展示报告和客户会议
Saint John good to see you again. Peter Campbell.
圣约翰,很高兴又见面了,我是皮特·坎贝尔,
this is Guy Mackendrick. I know everything about you.
这位是盖尔·麦肯克,我可是对你知根知底呀,
You're a very impressive fellow.
你是个令人印象深刻的员工
I wish I could return the compliment.
但愿有一天我也能跟你一样,用这样的话赞美员工
Well perhaps one day you shall.
你会有这么一天的
Good morning gentlemen.
早上好,先生们
Hello.
你们好
Miss Olson one of our copywriters.
奥尔森小姐,是我们的一位文案
I know everything about you.
我很了解你
You are a very impressive young woman.
你是个让人印象深刻的年轻女士
Well thank you.
谢谢你
I was just writing copy.
我刚正在写广告文案
As you were. I hope we chat later.
我想也是,希望待会儿我们能好好聊聊,
Mr. Draper is waiting for you in Mr. Cooper's office.
德雷柏先生在库珀的办公室里等你
This way.
这边走
That is a very handsome man.
那男的真帅
Good to see all of you. It's a pleasure.
很高兴见到大家,幸会,
Don. No worse for wear I see.
唐,你总是穿得这么得体
What a delightful custom. From the far east I assume?
房间的风格不错,是远东风格吗
Japan. How was your trip?
日本风格,旅途如何,
Gentlemen I'd like you to meet Harold Ford
先生们,这位是哈罗德·弗德
And this young man is Guy Mackendrick.
而这位年轻人是盖尔·麦肯克
Mr. Cooper.
库珀先生
Mr. Sterling what an honor. Call me Roger.
斯特林先生,幸会,叫我罗杰,
And you must be Don Draper. I am.
你一定是唐·德雷柏,没错,
I can't tell you how exciting it is to finally meet you.
终于见面了,激动之情难以言表啊
That's very flattering.
太过奖了
Guy here has done a study of your work
盖尔认真研究过你的广告作品
And that's quite a compliment.
那的确是发自内心的赞赏
You see in addition to his inestimable charm
除了他无法估量的魅力之外
Guy here has degrees from Cambridge University
盖尔还获得了剑桥大学
And the London school of economics.
和伦敦经济学校的学位
Three years at the bank two years at Mccann
曾在银行任职3年,麦肯公司任职两年
And his most recent CoupMercedes Benz.
而最近的职场经历是在奔驰公司
That's very impressive. I apologize.
非常了不起,抱歉,
I didn't realize he was going to recite
我没意识到他要背出
My entire curriculum vitae.
我全部的个人简历
You left out "modest."
你真是不懂得"谦虚"
Well we're going to debrief Mr. Pryce
我们要去向普莱斯先生简单汇报一下
And the plan is for you to join us for luncheon.
希望你们能与我们共进午餐
In the conference room at 1:00.
1点在会议室
Sounds like Agatha Christie.
真像阿加莎·克里斯蒂悬疑小说里的情节啊
Well apparently our tour continues.
显然我们的参观还得继续
I look forward to how do you say? Catching up.
我很期待,怎么说来着,与你好好谈谈
I as well.
我也是
Well that was strange.
太奇怪了
Look at that.
你看看他
The suspense is killing him.
他简直心急如焚
Yes?
请进
Mr. Powell and Mr. Ford are here to see you.
鲍威尔先生和弗德先生要见你
Spectacles. Oh right.
您的眼镜,哦,对,
Send them in.
让他们进来
Gentlemen.
先生们
Greetings Saint John.
热烈欢迎,圣约翰
Harold what a pleasure.
哈罗德,太荣幸了
Please see to it that Guy has a space to prepare.
请确保盖尔有个做活动准备的地方
Right away. Gentlemen.
马上办,先生们,
There's coffee and cake.
这里有咖啡和蛋糕
We're very impressed Lane.
莱恩,新公司让我们印象深刻
Very very impressed indeed.
应该说非常非常深刻
In nine months you've trimmed every bit of excess
在九个月的时间里,你削减了额外开支
Increased billings and we haven't heard a word of complaint.
为公司创利,而我们从未听到任何不满的声音
Yes well Pax Romana and all that.
就像罗马统治下的和平时期
Bravo. We've decided to offer you something
太棒了,我们决定送给你一些东西
That we hope you'll view as a reward and a challenge.
希望你视作奖励和挑战
Is it in the box?
是盒子里的吗
In a manner of speaking.
可以这么说
Open it.
打开吧
Ooh! What is that?
哦,这是什么
It looks like a snake.
看起来像条蛇
Fancy that.
真有趣
Is it real? It was.
是真蛇吗,是的,
It's for our snake charmer.
给我们耍蛇者的礼物
We're sending you to Bombay.
我们要派你去孟买
Bombay?
孟买
What would I do there?
我去那做什么
Well hopefully the same thing you accomplished here.
希望你去那边能再续这里所创的辉煌
Where shall I put this?
我该把这个放哪儿
I guess I needn't find a spot for it
我猜不需要找地方放了
If I'm simply moving again. Don't pout.
因为我很快就会被再次调职,别抱怨,
One of your greatest qualities is you always do as you're told.
你最好的品德之一就是言听计从
No it's just the logistics
不,只是给我的生活造成了很多麻烦
my wife just settled
我妻子刚搬来
My son just accepted to school and now we're moving on.
我儿子刚在这儿入学,现在我们又要再次搬走
Nonsense. You're moving up.
胡说,你高升了
That's the spirit.
那种精神就对了
So without further ado
我不再赘言
I will give the floor to Guy Mackendrick.
接下来有请盖尔·麦肯克先生做报告
Let me begin by offering my warmest wishes
首先,我想表达最美好的祝愿和崇敬之情
And admiration for Lane Pryce and his exemplary work.
感谢莱恩·普莱斯先生以及他杰出的工作
It'll be hard to lose him
失去这样的人才实在让人惋惜
But there's no doubt that our loss is India's gain.
但无疑,只有我们肯割爱,印度分公司才会辉煌
Now let me say there's no cause for anxiety.
我想告诉诸位,不必惶恐
There will be no further reductions in the ranks.
不会再出现高层裁员的情况
Yes that's good news
真是个好消息
If I might I'd like to walk you
如果可以,我想和你们一起
through this slight reorganization.
经历这小小的改革
As before P.P.L. London will be the head of this body
与之前一样,伦敦总公司仍然是领头军
And Sterling Cooper now more than ever our American presence;
斯特林库珀公司,则是我们在美国的业务代表
Our business maturity with your creative edge.
你们的创造性才能让公司不断走向成熟
A triumvirate of Don myself and Mr. Cooper
唐,库伯先生和我,将实行三头管理
Our chairman emeritus
我们的总裁将就此离职
We will see three streamlines of our partners.
从今以后一切由我们三方决定
Creative art and copy
创意和文案
Account management
客户管理部门
that's Mr. Cosgrove and Mr. Campbell for the present
由现任总监科斯格罗夫先生和坎贝尔负责
And a combined television media department headed by Mr. Crane.
重新整合后的电视部将由克雷恩先生主管
Mr. Sterling's not on that chart at all.
斯特林先生根本就没在名单内
That's true.
没错
Oh. Well that was an oversight.
哦,这是我的疏忽
As you can see nothing much has really changed.
你们也看到了,其实变动不大
Frankly my presence here is just
坦白说,我今天来
to ensure thorough communication
只想与大家来次彻底的对话
That we help each other on both sides of the pond
确保我们大家能互利互惠
Whether it be a sharing of creative genius
分享大家的创造性才能
Media savvy
新闻敏感度
Or the unbridled acquisition of new business.
或是创造更多商机
I'm sure you all have 1000 questions.
我确信你们肯定满腹狐疑
But for the time being I say we inform the troops
不过目前我们已经通知了大家
So that the transition can begin immediately after the holiday.
所以假期后我们可以马上进行改革
Shall I have Mr. Hooker prepare a memo?
需要胡克先生做会议备案吗
No. Nonsense. I don't want this to be the kind of place
不用,我不想改革的消息通过
Where such news is delivered that way.
备案来传达给大家
Shall we?
请,
Gosh we're really going to miss you.
哎呀,我们会非常想你的
What the hell just happened? They reorganized us
究竟发生了什么,他们对公司进行了整顿,
And you're the only one in this room who got a promotion.
你是本公司唯一晋升的人
Really? Yes really.
真的吗,千真万确,
I apologize for my wild imagination.
抱歉,我之前的猜测太不靠谱了
See? It's clean.
瞧,我收拾好了
That's not what I want to talk to you about.
我不是想和你说这个
What's this?
这是什么
It's for you.
是给你的
"for my new big sister the best in the world."
给我的新大姐姐,世界上最好的人,
And my goodness it's from baby Gene.
天啊,这是吉恩宝宝给你的吗
Look.
看看啊
Baby Gene can't write.
吉恩宝宝不会写字
Tsk. Babies get fairies to do things.
精灵们乐于帮助婴儿做事
You know that.
你知道的
It's really from him. I'm not kidding.
真的是他写的,我没开玩笑
I think you should open it.
我想你该打开它
What is it? It's a barbie.
是什么,芭比娃娃,
I think he wants you to know
他想让你知道
That he wants to be your friend.
他想和你做朋友
And you are very important to me too.
你对我也非常重要
I'm sure you all have 1000 questions
我确信你们也满腹狐疑
But before I raise a glass to Sterling Cooper's future
在我举杯为斯特林&库珀的未来祝贺前
I should like to recognize its past
我想先回顾过去的工作
Most recently the inspired stewardship of Lane Pryce.
尤其是这段日子以来,莱恩·普莱斯卓越的管理工作
Hear hear!
举杯同庆
I'm also aware of a rather significant milestone.
我还意识到一个意义非凡的重要事件
Mrs. Harris
哈里斯夫人
From those who have known you only hours
无论是刚认识你的人
To those who have cherished your nearly 10 years of service
抑或是难舍你近10年辛勤付出的人
I wish your caviar and children
我祝愿你锦衣玉食,子孙满堂
And all that is good in your new life.
在你全新的人生中,享受一切美好的东西
Oh there there. That wasn't my intention.
哦,我可不是想惹你落泪
Mrs. Harris please.
哈里斯夫人,有请
We'll have our presentations tomorrow.
明天我们将要做展示报告
Let this afternoon be a fete worthy of Joan.
今天下午就为琼庆贺吧
Enjoy the liquor and delicatessen.
好好享用酒和美食
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you all.
谢谢大家
This is completely unnecessary.
这完全没必要
You'll be sorely missed.
我们会非常想念你的
We got you the cake.
我们帮你订的蛋糕
So what now? They keep adding people above us.
现在呢,他们不断派高层过来,凌驾于我们之上
One more promotion and we're going to be answering phones.
再有人晋升的话,我们都要去做接线员了
We should go say hi.
我们得去打声招呼
This is good champagne.
香槟不错
I don't think so.
我可不这么认为
I'm going to get something to eat.
我得吃点东西了
Mr. Draper Conrad Hilton's office is on the line.
德雷柏先生,康纳德·希尔顿办公室打来电话
What? Conrad Hilton
什么,康纳德·希尔顿,
The hotel owner.
希尔顿酒店的老板
Yeah I know what he does. Why is he calling?
我知道,他打电话来什么事
I don't know.
我不知道
And he's calling for me? Yes. Well his office is.
他找我吗,没错,他办公室打来电话,
Put him through.
接进来
Donald Draper.
唐纳德·德雷柏
Mr. Draper this is miss Wakeman.
德雷柏先生,我是维克曼小姐
Mr. Hilton has expressed a desire to meet with you.
希尔顿先生特别想见你
May I ask what this is regarding?
我能问问为什么吗
I just set his schedule.
我只负责安排他的行程
When are you available?
你什么时候方便
How about right now? "Right now. " please hold.
现在怎么样,现在吗,请等等,
How far are you from the Waldorf Astoria?
你离华尔道夫饭店有多远
15minutes.
15分钟,
It's the presidential suite.
在总统套房会面
I'm on my way.
我马上就到
Mmm. Where's Miss Blankenship?
布兰肯希普小姐在哪
She's down there saluting Union Jack.
她在下面讨好那些英国人呢
What is that?
那是什么
Chocolate pudding.
巧克力布丁
I wasn't even on the chart.
我名字都没出现在名单上
My name's on the wall out there.
公司标牌上都有我名字呢
You want some? No.
你想吃点吗,不了,
I like to think "I'm rich. They can't hurt me."
我只能这样想,"我很有钱,他们伤害不了我"
That's a mistake.
这是不对的
I'm being punished for making my job look easy.
我工作看上去似乎轻松简单,所以他们看不顺眼
Although that kid guy he has a spark.
不过那个小屁孩还是有闪光点的
He is a pure account man.
他就是个纯粹的业务员
And what is that job all about?
那工作是干什么的
I don't know. It's about listening to people
不知道,应该是对别人言听计从
And never saying what's really on your mind.
而从不发表自己的真实观点
No. It's about letting things go
错了,是放下心中的不快
So you can get what you want.
才能得到自己想要的
Have a nice holiday. Enjoy the fireworks.
假期快乐,好好享受烟火
We took their money.
我们拿他们的钱
We have to do what they say.
我们得照他们说的做
My dad keeps talking about Vietnam.
我爸总说起越南
Like he wants me to get drafted.
他想让我参军
First of all they're hardly drafting anybody.
首先,他们几乎不征兵了
Second of all you're too old.
再者,你太老了
Third of all
第三
I have a friend in the army
我在军队里有个朋友
And if you're smart you're set.
如果你够聪明,你就有福了
He sits behind a desk at Fort Dix
他坐在迪克斯堡军事基地的办公桌后
And screws secretaries all day.
整天和秘书鬼混
Does he shoot the peoples?
他杀过人吗
I don't know. I've gotta take a piss.
不知道,我要去撒尿
Joan. Yes?
琼,什么事,
May I speak with you? Thank you.
可以和你聊聊吗,谢谢,
I just I wanted to get you a card or a present.
我想送你张卡片或是礼物
It'd be nice if I gave you a gift for once
如果我送过你礼物就好了
And you didn't wonder if I wanted something.
你就不会认为我是想要你的回报了
Knock yourself out.
你有话直说吧
I don't want you to think I never listen to you.
我不想你认为我从不听你的话
It's just we can't all be you.
不可能每个人都跟你一样
Be that as it may I do take some credit for your success here.
即使如此,你的成功也的确有我的功劳
Hey put that back.
嘿,放回原处
I'm going home!
我要回家
I can't believe I'm going to miss this!
真不敢相信我会想念这一切了
I'm really happy that you got what you wanted.
真高兴你梦想成真了
I remember on my first day you said
我记得我来的第一天你说
That could happen to me if I played my cards right.
如果我牌出得对,梦想是会成真的
Are you getting sentimental?
你这么伤感做什么
Oh! Oh my god.
哦,天啊
Don't worry. I'm sure we'll see each other all the time.
别担心,我们会一直见面的
If we don't I just have to say
如果不会,那我得说
Oh for the love of christ!
仁慈的上帝啊
Oh my god.
天啊
Oh my foot! Call an ambulance!
我的脚,叫救护车,
Holy crap! Jesus!
糟了,老天啊,
There's a tourniquet in the first aid kit.
第一个急救箱里有止血带
You're gonna be okay.
你会没事的
Dear god.
我的主啊
I can't feel a thing.
我失去知觉了
Oh god! What did I do?!
天啊,我都做了什么啊
Get her out of here!
带她离开这儿
The ambulance is on its way.
救护车正赶过来
I'm Donald Draper. We've met before.
我是唐纳德·德雷柏,我们之前见过,
We have haven't we?
我们是见过,对吧
Yellow rock country club.
黄石乡村俱乐部
We had a drink. Of course.
我们一起喝过酒,当然,
You fixed it for me. Let me return the favor.
那次是你请我,这次换我请吧
I can't believe you're Conrad Hilton.
我不敢相信你居然是康纳德·希尔顿
Connie.
康尼
Don.
唐,
Food?
吃点东西吗
Best kitchen in the world got a salad named after it.
世上最好的厨房,以沙拉名字命名的
I'm fine. I really should have known that.
不用了,我早该猜到的
I don't know. Now uh...
我不知道,现在
After this comes out
等这个出版以后
Next week
下周
Well they don't do that for everyone.
可不是每个人都有这样的待遇
I think I look like an Arab.
我想我看起来像个阿拉伯人
How did you find me?
你怎么找到我的
I called around told people I had a long chat
我四处打电话,跟别人说我和一个
With a handsome fella from Sterling Cooper
斯特林&库珀公司的帅哥长谈过
And your name never came up.
可没有一个人会想到是你
Apparently you don't have long chats with people.
显然大家都认为你不可能和别人长谈
Well here I am.
我来了
What can I do for you?
我能为你做什么
What do you think?
你觉得如何
I think you wouldn't be in the presidential suite right now
如果你每次都是免费工作的话
If you worked for free.
你现在可住不进总统套房
Don this is friendly.
唐,我这是出于礼貌
Connie this is my profession. What do you want me to do?
康尼,这是我的职业,我实话实说罢了
I want you to give me one for free.
我希望你免费为我工作一次
I don't think anybody wants to think about a mouse in a hotel.
我认为人们不会喜欢住在酒店里的老鼠
Well that was my idea.
这是我的想法
You got something better?
你还有更好的想法吗
I might.
也许吧
So...
那么
What do you want?
你想要什么
I'm not gonna lie I'd love a chance at your business.
我不想撒谎,我希望能够成为你们的广告代理商
Okay...
没问题
But the next time somebody like me asks you
但下次若有像我这样的人
A question like that
为你同样的问题
You need to think bigger.
你得好好考虑下再回答了
Well Connie
康尼
There are snakes that go months without eating
蛇可以数月不吃东西
And then they finally catch something
直到最终捕获到食物
But they're so hungry
但它们由于太饥饿了
That they suffocate while they're eating.
在进食的时候会窒息而死
One opportunity at a time.
一生也就一次机会
Sorry to interrupt.
抱歉打断你们
Mr. Draper you have an emergency call.
德雷柏先生,你有紧急电话
Home or office?
家里还是办公室打来的
Do you understand what's happened here?
你明白现在的状况吗
That we're not to be trusted? She's an idiot.
别人不信任我们,她是个笨蛋,
I didn't know she couldn't drive.
我不知道她不会开车
You took the machine out.
是你把那机器开出来的
You have to have respect for that equipment.
你得敬畏那台机器
It's very safe when operated correctly.
使用得当的话,是非常安全的
We had the world handed to us on a plate
我们本可以如鱼得水,大有作为
And then you swing in on a chandelierdrop your pants and crap on it.
可因你而起的事故却将这一切毁于一旦
Jesus it's like Iwo Jima out there.
天啊,外面就像是个大战场一样
We should put a rubber mat down so Cooper can get around.
我们得铺上橡胶毯子,这样库珀才方便走动
They're changing the carpeting.
他们正在换地毯
Any news?
有什么新闻吗
He might lose his foot.
他可能会失去一只脚
Right when he got it in the door.
他早该料到的
Oh god.
天啊
Sit down sissy Mary. You're pale.
坐吧,玛丽小妞,你面色苍白
I take full responsibility.
我负全责
Believe me somewhere in this businessthis has happened before.
相信我,这行业里,曾经也发生过这事
Joan my god.
琼,老天啊
I know. It's ruined.
我知道,全毁了
How is he? I didn't expect you to come over.
他怎么样了,我没打算叫你过来,
I just thought you should know.
我只是觉得该让你知道
Honestly when I called you I thought he might die.
老实说,我打给你的时候,我以为他会死
But he's not going to?
但他不会死的,是吧
No. He's lost the foot.
他失去了一只脚
Jesus. That's awful.
天啊,太糟糕了
Lane went to retrieve Powe and Ford from dinner.
鲍威尔和弗德还在吃晚餐,莱恩去叫了
They've already talked to the doctor.
他们和医生谈过了
I'll wait.
我会等的
Despite the circus today
先不说今天的闹剧
I hope you know that you are going to be terribly missed.
我希望你知道,大家都会非常想你的
That's nice to hear
很高兴听到这个
Especially from you Don.
特别是从你口中说出来,唐
I bet he felt great when he woke up this morning.
我打赌今早他醒来,一定觉得很好
I'm sure you're right.
我想你说的很对
But that's life.
可那就是人生
One minute you're on top of the world
一分钟前你是世界的佼佼者
The next minute some secretary is
而下一分钟却被某个秘书
running you over with a lawn mower.
开着割草机碾压了一只脚
I'm heartbroken. It's a terrible tragedy.
我心都碎了,真是个天大的悲剧,
One that surely could have been avoided
本来是可以避免的
Although Mrs. Harris thank you for your quick thinking.
但是,哈里斯夫人,还是要感谢你的果断
You may have saved his life. Such as it is.
这也许会救他一命,当然了,
He was a great account man a prodigy.
他是位优秀的业务员,一位天才
He could talk a Scotsman out of a penny.
他可以轻易说服一个苏格兰人
Now that's all over.
可现在这一切都完结了
I don't know if that's true.
我不知道是否是这样
The man is missing a foot.
那个男人断了一只脚
How is he going to work? He can't walk.
他怎么工作,他不能走路了
The doctor said he'll never golf again.
医生说他再也不能打高尔夫了
I'm afraid we have to reevaluate our entire strategy.
恐怕我们得重新调整我们整个计划
Lane will remain here indefinitely.
莱恩会一直留在这里
We'll close the office tomorrow obviously.
显然明天得放假了
Mrs. Harris please allow the company to reimburse you for that dress
哈里斯夫人,请允许公司补偿你这条裙子
Just as a token of our gratitude.
作为我们的感激之情
I think Saint John and I should see him if we can.
如果可以,我和圣约翰应该进去看看他
Of course.
当然
You should get home to that lucky husband.
你该回去陪伴你的幸运丈夫
Yes.
没错
Can I get you one?
你要喝点吗
Sure.
好的
I've been reading a lot of American literature lately.
我最近读了很多美国文学着作
"Tom Sawyer." That's a good one.
例如《汤姆索亚历险记》那是本好书,
I feel like I just went to my own funeral.
我感觉自己在自掘坟墓
I didn't like the eulogy.
我不喜欢颂词
Hey. Hey hey hey hey. Hey hey. Daddy!
嘿,嘿,嘿,嘿,嘿,爸爸,
Hey. I've got you.
我在这儿呢
I've got you. Just breathe.
我在这儿呢,深呼吸
Get him out daddy!
把他弄出去,爸爸
I don't even know what to say.
我都不知道该说什么了
Daddy.
爸爸
Okay calm down
好了,冷静
And tell me what's going on.
告诉我怎么了
Grandpa Gene
吉恩外公
He's not supposed to be here anymore.
他不该再出现在这里了
He's not. He's called Gene
他不在这儿啊,宝宝也叫吉恩,
He sleeps in his room he looks just like him
他睡在外公的房间,他长得也像他
And I bet when he starts talking
我打赌他一开口讲话
He's gonna sound just like him too.
声音也会很像他的
He's a baby. That's it.
他是个婴儿,仅此而已
I want you to go to sleep.
你得休息了
There's no such thing as ghosts.
世上没有什么鬼魂的
Betts this has to stop.
贝蒂,这事必须到此为止
There's nothing I can do.
我无能为力
She's jealous of her little brother.
她嫉妒她的小弟弟
No she's not jealous. She's scared
她不是嫉妒,她是害怕
And it's all because he has that name.
全是因为他的名字
"that name." you've never liked it
你从没喜欢过那个名字,
You haven't hidden it well and now you're bringing her into this.
你骗不了我,现在她也这样
That's ridiculous. Let's talk about Sally.
太荒谬了,说说萨丽
She's a child. She'll get over it.
她还是个孩子,都会过去的
Now you have to.
而现在你得先克服
He was my father and that was his name.
他是我父亲,宝宝也就叫那个名字不改了
It's what people do Don.
唐,大家都这么做的
It's how they keep the memory alive.
人们就是这样怀念逝去的人
He hated me and I hated him.
他讨厌我,我也讨厌他
That's the memory. That's his name.
这就是我全部的记忆,那就是他的名字,
I'm really sorry.
我很抱歉
I didn't mean to wake him.
我没想吵醒他
That's okay honey.
亲爱的,没事
Everything's fine.
一切都很正常
Come on. Let's get you to sleep.
去吧,去睡觉吧
Come over here.
过来
You see? It's all right.
瞧,没事吧
This is your little brother
这是你的小弟弟
And he's only a baby.
他还只是个婴儿
We don't know who he is yet
我们都还不知道他是怎样的一个人
Or who he's going to be.
或者他会变成怎样的一个人
And that is a wonderful thing.
而这,是一件美好的事情

重点单词   查看全部解释    
thorough ['θʌrə]

想一想再看

adj. 彻底的,完全的,详尽的,精心的

 
assume [ə'sju:m]

想一想再看

vt. 假定,设想,承担; (想当然的)认为

联想记忆
suffocate ['sʌfəkeit]

想一想再看

vt. 使窒息,使缺氧,阻碍 vi. 窒息,窒息而亡,阻

联想记忆
strategy ['strætidʒi]

想一想再看

n. 战略,策略

 
subtle ['sʌtl]

想一想再看

adj. 微妙的,敏感的,精细的,狡诈的,不明显的

 
credit ['kredit]

想一想再看

n. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方

联想记忆
inform [in'fɔ:m]

想一想再看

v. 通知,告诉,向 ... 报告,告发

联想记忆
compliment ['kɔmplimənt]

想一想再看

n. 称赞,恭维,(复数)致意
vt. 称赞,

联想记忆
curriculum [kə'rikjuləm]

想一想再看

n. 课程,全部课程
curricula(复数

联想记忆
gratitude ['grætitju:d]

想一想再看

n. 感恩之心

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。