手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《广告狂人》 > 广告狂人第三季 > 正文

广告狂人第三季(MP3+中英字幕):第5集:萨丽在学校出现反常行为

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

I was expecting the Piersons as well but they're not coming.

我本来是在等皮尔森一家人,可他们不来了
Please.
请坐
My goodness.
我的天啊
Of course. Here take mine.
当然,来坐我的椅子
I appreciate that both of you are here.
非常感谢你们两个今天都能来
What happened?
出什么事了
The children were at the water fountain during gym
体育课的时候他们在饮水器边喝水
And Sally told Becky Pierson she should save some for the fish.
萨丽让贝奇·皮尔森给鱼留点
Becky ignored her.
贝奇没有理她
Sally hit the back of her head
萨丽打了她的后脑勺
And her face went into the spigot.
而她的脸撞上了水龙头
And then Becky went after her...
然后贝奇开始追她
Hair pulling scratching.
扯头发,用指甲抓她
She didn't need stitches in the end I understand?
应该没有严重到需要缝针吧
This girl... this Becky Pierson
这个女孩,这个贝奇·皮尔森
Sally told me she's a bruiser. She's heavy.
萨丽告诉我她很壮,她块头是有点儿大,
The children poke pencils into her sides
她坐着的时候有同学用铅笔戳她
When she's sitting because they think she can't feel it.
因为他们觉得她感觉不到
Sally doesn't do that does she? No...
萨丽没那么做过吧,没有,
But...
不过
This bad behavior is new.
这种出格的行为是最近才出现的
I know that you're expecting a child
我知道你们正在期待一个新生儿的降临
But she already has a little brother.
但是她已经有个弟弟了
I guess what I'm asking is
我想问的是
has anything changed at home recently?
最近您家里有什么变故吗
My...
我,
My father passed away
我父亲过世了
Last week...
就在上周
The week before... two weeks now.
不,已经两周了
I feel terrible for bringing that up for you.
我很抱歉又提起了你的伤心事
Well it... it has not been easy.
的确,这种事很难以释怀
Is this grandpa Gene we're talking about?
是她的吉恩外公吗
Oh that poor thing.
真可怜
Sally didn't mention it?
萨丽没有提起过吗
Why didn't you call us or send a note?
你们为什么不给我们打个电话或送个信
I don't think she missed a day.
她一天都没有缺勤过
Did she go to the funeral?
她去葬礼了吗
Why would we put her through that?
我们不想让她经历这些
I don't think children belong in graveyards.
我觉得墓地不是孩子该去的地方
No of course not.
没错,你说的对
Now I realize why she was asking all those questions
现在我知道她为什么会问这些问题了
About Medgar Evers' murder.
关于麦格·艾佛斯的谋杀案(黑人民权领袖,1963年被谋杀)
She was?
她问过吗
I'm... I'm sorry.
抱歉
I have to use the ladies'room again.
我得再去趟洗手间
We can talk about this another time.
我们可以下次再谈这些
No I'm not as upset as I look.
不用,我没有那么悲伤
I... I can't help this.
我只是忍不住了
I am mortified.
我说错话了
It's not a good time.
确实不应该这时候说这些
No and...
没错
It really should be shouldn't it?
本来不应该这样的,对吗
Sally does need more attention.
你们应该多关心关心萨丽
She's grieving.
她很悲伤
There is a very special pain
在那么小的年龄失去祖父
To losing someone at that age.
对于一个孩子的打击是很大的
I don't know if you can understand that.
我不知道你是否可以理解
I can.
我理解
Mrs. Draper I was just talking to your husband
德雷柏夫人,我刚才和你丈夫谈了
And this really can wait.
这件事真的可以以后再谈的
Are you sure?
你确定吗
Because I just want to put it behind us.
因为我只是想让这件事赶快过去
I just really want everything to be okay when the baby comes.
我希望孩子出生时一切顺利
It's going to be a beautiful summer.
这个夏天会非常美好的
Tip to Barman 75.
酒保的小费,七十五美分
Hatcheck tip to the bar 50.
拿帽子的小费,五十美分
Tap the restaurant. $1.12. Tipped car drive 38.
酒店小费1.12美元,司机费用38美元
Dinner $19.44."
吃饭消费19.44美元
It's better to have a bit of Don Draper than no Don Draper at all.
唐·德雷柏来了总比不来强
I'd like that in writing.
你不如把说的这些写下来
It seems strange that the two of you went
有件事情很奇怪,你们两个
On the same overnight trip and you put in for $70
一起去出差过夜,你报销了70美元
And he put in for $82.
而他报销了82美元
If I were lying wouldn't I have made it a round number?
如果要撒谎我为什么不选个整数
Not that Don's lying.
我也不是说唐在撒谎
I signed his receipts didn't I?
我在他的收据上签了字,不是吗
Which brings us to the undocumented portion of my assessment.
这使得我的费用分配统计无据可查
The amount of pencils pens
铅笔,钢笔
Pads paper and postage
复写纸,纸张和邮票
That are currently being consumed
我们公司这些东西的消耗量
suit a company four times our size.
是我们同类公司的四倍
It has also been brought to my attention
而且我还注意到
that a credenza has disappeared...
有个书柜不见了
A theft that I believe necessitates a conspiracy.
一个小偷肯定需要一个同谋
People forget that Karl Marx was the
人们已经淡忘了卡尔·马克思
greatest economist who ever lived.
是史上最伟大的经济学家
And whatever you think of his solution
暂且不论他提出的解决方案
The problem he posed was about
但他提出的问题都是关于
the catastrophic up and down of the marketplace.
灾难性的商海浮沉的
Tell the folks at Admiral that Karl Marx says everything's okay.
告诉艾德蒙的人,卡尔·马克思说不必惊慌
"boom and bust. Bull and bear.
繁荣和衰败,牛市或熊市,
I need a TV. I have a TV."
如果需要电视,该买还是要买的
Damn it Paul
该死,保罗
someone helped Ken cherrypick all of Burt's successful accounts
肯背后有人相助,分到的都是成功客户
And I've been left with the dogs.
而我的客户却和狗屎一样
Admiral is not a dog. Sales are flat.
艾德蒙不是狗屎,他们销售平平,
It's all over their memos.
他们的会议备案里写的全是这个
And now I have to look them in the eye with nothing...
而我现在面对他们却依然脑袋空空
Except maybe new creative.
除非有新的创意
Stop it.
别再发牢骚了
Now you're interested.
现在你感兴趣了
There are some areas of growth and I mean literally areas...
某些地区的销售额是有所增长的,我就事论事
Atlanta Oakland
亚特兰大,奥克兰
Chicago Detroit
芝加哥,底特律
Newark D. C.
纽瓦克,华盛顿特区
Great jazz cities.
都是些不错的爵士之城
And I left out st. Louis and Kansas city... also growing.
还有圣路易斯和堪萨斯,也在增长
What does that mean? Great jazz musicians?
这是什么意思,伟大的爵士音乐家吗,
Seriously is it possible
说真的,黑人有没有可能
that these admirals are being bought by negroes?
成为艾德蒙电视机的主要消费群体呢
Lois caught her scarf putting paper in the xerox.
露易丝往复印机里放纸时,把围巾卡进去了
Maybe when Joan leaves I can finally get rid of her.
估计琼走后我就能彻底摆脱她了
Can you pretend like you're back in the media department
能否劳驾你借用你的旧专业背景
And tell me what this says to you?
帮助分析一下这些图表说明了什么问题
Look at the cities.
看看这些城市
Is it possible that negroes are outbuying other people 2:1?
有可能黑人的购买力是其他人的两倍吗
You could jump to that conclusion I suppose.
单从图表,的确可以得出这样的结论
Did you hear about Lois?
你们听说露易丝的事了吗
You've got a winner there Kinsey. Did you see it?
你说中了,金西,你看到了吗,
I did.
我看见了
So what's everybody doing tonight?
你们今天晚上什么安排
Baby. Married.
已为人父,已为人夫
Kinsey
你呢,金西
Do you want to go to the mets game?
想去看棒球比赛吗
Tickets and a watch.
我这有票还有一块表
Why thank you birds eye.
得此名表,谢伯利兹(Birds Eye美国最大冷冻食品公司,肯的广告客户之一)
Does the watch say "birds eye" on it?
你的表上刻着"伯利兹"三个字吗
No it says "hamilton electric."
没有,上面写着"汉密尔顿电子"
What time is it? What time isn't it?
现在几点了,谁关心呢
Admiral is happy. We're happy.
艾德蒙满意了,我们也开心
They're not happy!
可他们一点也不满意
"Morris comma"
莫里斯,逗号,
"In reference to retooling the factory
考虑到工厂里的童工和年轻劳力,
"For london fog children's and young adults"...
伦敦雾公司应更换老化的生产设备,
I thought I'd bring you the minutes of the meeting
我把会议记录给你带过来了
since you had to run off.
因为你中途离场了
You're wasting paper.
你这才是在浪费纸张
I'd have to make 1000 to keep up with your department.
那我要再浪费一千份才赶得上你的部门
They waste paper because they throw out bad ideas.
他们浪费纸,是因为他们要扔掉垃圾创意
They waste paper
他们浪费纸
because they use it to sop up spilled drinks
是因为他们用纸去擦泼洒的饮料
Right after their midafternoon naps.
那是他们午休后的必备消遣
You came here because we do this better than you
你来这儿是因为我们做的比你们好
And part of that is
而其中的原因之一就是
letting our creatives be unproductive until they are.
我们允许创意人员不断尝试,直到想出最佳创意
Pennies make pounds and pounds make profits.
积少成多,只有节约才会有利润
I don't want to talk to you this way.
我不想跟你谈这些
I've tried it before and it never works.
我之前试过,但全无成效
I'm not usually this emotional.
我平时不会这么激动
You want to make money?
你想赚钱是吗
Start getting your nails dirty with Bert Cooper and Harry Crane.
好好盯紧伯特·库珀和哈里·克雷恩吧
Clients love to pay for media
客户愿意为广告付钱
and creative needs pencils.
而创意人员需要铅笔
I suppose I hadn't necessarily thought of it that way.
我想我没考虑到这一点
And lay off of expense accounts.
还有,取消费用报销制度吧
Think of the men's moral not just your own.
相信别人的品德,不要只相信自己
You've obviously seen "bridge on the river kwai."
你肯定看过《桂河大桥》这部片
I've seen everything. You have my ticket stubs.
我什么都看过,你那里有我的票根
Your uncle Herman is on the line. He won't leave a message.
你赫尔曼叔叔来电,他要直接找你
Uncle Herman?
赫尔曼叔叔
My goodness is aunt Alice all right?
天啊,爱丽丝婶婶还好吗
Who is this? it's Peter
你是谁,我是皮特,
Dottie's boy. You called me.
多蒂的儿子,你打给我的
It's Duck... Duck Phillips.
我是达克,达克·菲利普斯
Duck. Sorry for the cloak and dagger.
达克,这样偷偷摸摸的,真是抱歉,
I didn't want to set off any alarm bells.
我不想引起别人的注意
My name is Herman you know that.
我的名字里有赫尔曼,你知道的
Except that I actually have an uncle Herman and he's 91.
不过我有个叔叔也叫赫尔曼,他已经91岁了
That's a sick joke. I apologize.
抱歉给你造成了误会
It's been too long.
好久没你消息了
I don't know if you heard but I'm at Grey now.
不知道你听说没有,我现在在格雷公司任职
What's that like?
那里怎么样
People walking around the halls all the time
人们总在大厅里走来走去
Laughing their heads off?
互相对着傻笑吗
We're going to have lunch you know.
我们一起去吃午饭吧
I don't know Duck. It doesn't sound like a good idea.
我不知道,达克,听起来不是个好主意
Campbell this is beyond "no hard feelings."
坎贝尔,这是冰释前嫌的好机会
I won't waste your time.
我不会浪费你时间的
Haven't I always been on your side?
我一直都站在你那边,不是吗
When? I'll have my girl call your girl.
几点,我会让我的秘书通知你的秘书,
I'll say it's Clorox.
我会说是高乐氏打来的
Hello?
有人吗
Anyone home?
有人在家吗
I'll get it.
我来接
Mr. Draper? Yes.
德雷柏先生吗,是我,
This is Suzanne Farrell
我是苏珊娜·法雷尔
Sally's teacher.
萨丽的老师
I'm not interrupting dinner am I?
没打扰到您吃饭吧
No
没有
I just felt I should call and apologize
我只是觉得应该打个电话道歉
About our meeting this morning.
因为今天见面时我很失礼
Why?
什么意思
Well I...
我...
What I mean is
我是想说
My father died when I was eight
我8岁的时候父亲就去世了
And I might have overdone it
我的反应可能有点过火
Relating to Sally in that way.
不应该那样说萨丽
I didn't mean to upset your wife.
我不是故意惹您夫人伤心
I guess I can get a little caught up in things
我觉得我有点感情用事
And lose perspective.
而且有点失去理智
I don't know why I'm calling. I'm embarrassing myself.
我不知道为什么要打这个电话让自己尴尬
No you're fine.
没事,没那么严重
If there's anything I can do...
如果有什么我能做的
Don Betts
唐,贝蒂,
Thanks for the call.
谢谢你的来电
It's time to go.
该走了
Okay we're going. Let me get my keys.
没问题,马上,我拿一下钥匙
They're in your hand.
钥匙就在你手里
Francine took the kids.
弗朗辛会来照顾孩子
Who was that?
刚才是谁打电话
No one.
没谁
If you're parked in emergency
如果你的车停在急诊车位的话
you'll have to move soon.
你最好赶快换个地方
Of course let's make sure it's not a false alarm.
我们要确定一下这是不是假的妊娠反应
This is my third time.
这是我第三次了
We sent you home before?
之前已经出现过假反应了吗
No third baby.
不,我是说这是我第三次生产
Your job's done. The solarium's down the hall to the right.
你只能送到这,休息室在大厅的右边
Hang in there Betts.
加油,贝蒂
I came in early to cover for a friend
我提前来这是替一个朋友的班
so there's a chance i'll see you the whole way through.
所以有可能是我全程照看你
Daddy!
爸爸
You can scream and yell as much as you want in this hallway
在这个走廊你可以随便大喊大叫
But we're about to pass the nursery.
但我们马上就要经过育儿室了
Of course.
好吧
Excuse me.
不好意思
I know it's silly
我知道有点傻
But I seem to be having trouble with this pen.
不过这根笔没法用
I believe it's empty. I've gotta go.
我猜是没水了,我得挂了,
Are you planning to give the baby the breast?
你准备让婴儿喝母乳吗
No
不,
The last time you ate?
你上次进餐的时间
Lunch...
中午
Toast cottage cheese pineapple.
吃了烤面包,软干酪,和菠萝
Pineapple?
菠萝
What were you thinking? Anything else sweetheart?
你到底在想什么,还有别的吗
Life savers.
他要出来了
Has your water broken? My water never breaks.
你的羊水破了吗,从来都没破过,
When will dr. Aldridge be here?
奥尔德里奇医生会来吗
Joseph Waddell?
约瑟夫·瓦德尔在吗
I'm Dennis Hobart. That's good to know.
我是丹尼斯·霍巴特,很高兴认识你,
I haven't seen anybody an hour. What's going on?
我等了一个小时,却什么消息也没有,怎么回事
We've had a shift change. My wife Pam
我们换班了,我妻子名叫帕姆,
Pamela Hobart. She's fine.
全名帕梅拉·霍巴特,她很好,
The baby's breech. We're calling in a specialist.
婴儿胎位冲下,我们正在找专家
What? Didn't somebody get your permission?
什么意思,没人找你签字吗,
Damn it what is with you people? I don't know a damn thing!
该死,你们怎么回事,我什么都不知道
Please don't raise your voice.
请你小声点
Now I apologize but we need your permission.
我现在向你道歉,不过我们需要你的签字
Do whatever you have to do.
务必尽你们一切所能
We'll update you religiously. I promise.
我们会随时通知您新情况的,我保证
This is not how I pictured it.
我设想的场面可不是这样的
Where's all the backslapping?
根本没有我预想中的喜悦和欢庆
You know
你知道吗
I brought this because I thought it'd be a party in here.
我买了这个,因为我以为会有个派对的
It's not but I'll have one. Right now?
虽然没有,不过我愿意来一杯,现在吗,
Whenever you want.
随时奉陪
I left work this morning.
我今天早上就请了假
I've been here all day.
在这里待了一整天
I am so bored.
无聊透顶
I even called in.
我还打电话询问了工作进展
Like the prison can't run without me.
就像监狱没我就没法运转一样
Have you done this before?
你以前经历过这事吗
Twice.
已经两次了
You know I never thought to bring a bottle.
但我从没想过要带瓶酒来
Well what are we supposed to do?
那我们该干点什么
My daughter took forever.
我女儿出生时我等了很久
I remember being pretty worked up.
我记得当时兴奋不已
And there's a said "don't forget"
曾经有人说,别忘了
"Your wife's in the boat; you're on the shore."
你妻子在里面受苦,你却只能在外旁观,
The other one a boy?
另外那个是个男孩吗
Yes.
是的
You throw the ball around?
你心满意足了吗
Not enough.
还没有
All right Mrs. Draper
好了,德雷柏夫人
I'm going to need you to get on the bed
我需要你躺到床上去
So I can prepare you for delivery.
这样我才能帮你准备生产
This part should be familiar.
你应该很熟悉这个过程
I'll shave you and then give you a quick low enema.
我会给你剃毛然后,再注射点灌肠剂
The good news is time has stopped.
好消息是时间停了
I'd like to have a gold watch one day but I can't you know?
我也想有块金表,可我却不能
You don't want to have anything on you like that.
你身上不能有任何值钱的东西
Do they attack you?
他们会袭击你吗
I knew it was just a matter of time
我就知道你迟早
Before you started with the questions.
会问这样的问题(sing sing纽约新新监狱)
I bet you have a nightmare where you end up in sing sing right?
你肯定做过这样的噩梦,梦见自己锒铛入狱
Everybody does.
每个人都有过
I do.
确实
So what's it like?
梦中监狱是什么样的
You're outnumbered
虽然狱警人数不敌囚犯
But you've got the power.
但你手中有掌控权
Kind of like being a king.
就像国王一样
Except your subjects want to kill you.
只是你的属下想杀了你
Maybe
有可能
But they don't 'cause they know I'm dangerous
不过他们不会的,因为他们知道我很危险
And I've got a badge which they respect.
而且我还有徽章,他们对此很敬畏
How do they know you're dangerous?
他们怎么知道你很危险
Well they're not all bad. There's extremes.
他们也不是都很坏,只是有些人走了极端
We've got death row and then we've got the baseball team.
我们有死囚区,但我们也有个棒球队
In'29 they played the Yankees.
29年时他们还和扬基队打过一场比赛
Everybody in stripes.
所有人都穿着囚服上阵吗
You're a funny one.
你太有趣了
I tell a lot of jokes at work.
我工作时也会讲很多笑话
You hear some doozies.
很多事都不可思议
I have to watch what I do when I leave work
我下班时必须收起我工作时的态度
Be careful not to bring it home.
小心翼翼地不将那种状态带回家
Especially with a kid right?
尤其是有了孩子之后,对吗
Just yesterday I was in a block
昨天我在一间牢房里
And I thought "every single one of these animals"
然后我就想,所有这些禽兽
"their mother had them they were a baby."
都有自己的妈妈,他们当初都是婴儿,
And I think "there they are on the other side of the fence."
而现在,他们却身陷囹圄,魂断监狱
And you know what?
你知道吗
Every one of them blamed their mom and dad.
他们所有人都责怪他们的父母
That's a bullshit excuse. That's true Don.
真是狗屎理由,说的没错,唐,
You have little veins.
你的血管真细
Breathe and think about the beauty parlor.
深呼吸并想象自己在美容院里
Do you need to call someone else in?
你能找别人来替你吗
It's in.
进去了
The medication will help with the pain
这是止痛药
And put you in a twilight sleep.
同时会让你昏昏欲睡
Where is dr. Aldridge? He's in the city.
奥尔德里奇医生在哪,他进城了,
He went to MaMa Leone's for his anniversary.
他去利昂妈妈饭店庆祝结婚纪念日了(MaMa Leone意大利餐馆名)
Isn't that sweet? Is he drinking?
多甜蜜啊,他喝酒吗,
Dr. Mendelowitz the obstetrician is on duty
产科医师门德洛维茨先生今天值班
and will fill in.
他会帮你接生的
I don't want him. I don't know him.
我不需要他来帮我,我不认识他
He's our top man.
他是我们的首席医师
I want dr. Aldridge.
我想要奥尔德里奇医生
You have absolutely nothing to worry about.
你真的什么都不需要担心
I don't want another doctor. I want my doctor.
我不要其他医生,我要我的医生
Sit back.
躺好
You're at 5cm.
宫口已经开了五厘米了
That's halfway from here to the Hebrides
在地图上,从这儿到赫布里底山脉的距离
and other mountain ranges
是这个数字的一倍
Which we are currently studying in chapter 12.
我们正在学习12章的内容
The doctor will be here and there.
每一处都会有医生的
The Hebrides are islands.
赫布里底是群岛
Try it now.
再试试
Thank you sister.
谢谢你,护士
What do you make her for? 16?
你觉得她多大,16吗
Pam was screaming at me in the car.
帕姆之前在车里冲我尖叫
I don't think that's unusual.
我觉得那很正常
That's my girl in there.
她是我的心肝
If something happens to her
要是她出了什么事
I just don't know what I'd do.
我真不知道该怎么办
And then there'd be that baby.
还有那个婴儿
How could I love that baby?
我怎么能爱这个孩子
Our worst fears lie in anticipation.
一旦胡思乱想,恐惧即随之袭来
You're so sure about that?
你肯定吗
I want to go home you bitch! Please relax.
我要回家,你这老妖妇,请放松,
Let go of me! Get your hands off me!
放开我,把你的手拿开
Where's Don? He's in the waiting room.
唐在哪,他在休息室里,
She can't hear you. The hell I can't.
她听不到你说话,我当然听不到,
Where is he? Where's Don?!
他在哪,唐在哪
He's in the waiting room. Bullshit.
他在休息室,放屁,
He's never where you expect him to be.
你希望他出现的时候,他永远都不出现
Have you seen him? Have you been with him?
你看到他了吗,你跟他在一起过吗
7cm.
七厘米了,
She's starting transition. Someone call him.
她马上要生产了,谁去叫他一下,
I don't want to be here.
我不想在这待着
A push of demerol 25mg.
注射25毫克镇痛药
I'm just a housewife.
我只是个家庭主妇
Why are you doing this to me?
你们为什么这样对我
Mr. Hobart?
霍巴特先生吗
Congratulations. You have a little baby boy.
恭喜你,是个男孩
My god.
我的天
Your wife and your baby are doing fine.
母子都平安无事
Can I go in? Can I see her?
我能进去看看她吗
Not right now. She lost a lot of blood and had a transfusion.
现在不行,她因为大出血,现在正在输血
What? Please I have to see her.
什么意思,求你让我见见她吧
Please she's in recovery resting.
她需要休息才能恢复
But you can go to the nursery and look in at your son.
不过你可以去育儿室看看你的儿子
It's just down the hall. Thank you.
就在走廊尽头,谢谢你,
A baby boy.
一个男孩
Congratulations. You're all right Don.
恭喜你,你说对了,唐,
I'm sure yours is gonna be good too.
我肯定你妻子也会平安无事的
You know what?
你知道吗
I know it.
肯定会没事的
Thanks Dennis.
谢谢你,丹尼斯
You're an honest guy.
你是个诚实的人
Believe me. I'm an expert.
相信我,我是专家
Go see your baby.
去看你的孩子吧
Why do they put up with us?
她们为什么要为我们受罪呢
We don't deserve it.
我们不配
This is a fresh start.
这是个全新的开始
I don't know who's up there
我不知道上天是否会应验誓言
So I'm saying this to you.
但我想告诉你
I'm gonna be better.
我会变得更好的
I'm gonna be a better man.
我会变成更好的男人
Tell me you heard me.
告诉我你都听到了
I heard you.
我听到了
Don't fight the urge to bear down.
放松一些,用力,不要拧着劲来
I can't.
我不行
I can't.
我不行
I can't do it.
我真的不行
Either you can do it or we will
要么你自己来,要么我们来
But it's going to come out some way.
反正婴儿就要出来了
Daddy?
爸爸
Who are you? It's me.
你是谁,是我啊,
I don't know you.
我不认识你
It's me... Elizabeth.
是我,伊丽莎白
You do know me.
你认识我的
Okay so it's me.
好吧,确实是我
What are you doing here? I had to go away.
你来这里干什么,我必须走了,
Well don't you miss me? Of course.
你不想念我吗,当然想,
Listen.
听着
Nobody knows I'm here okay?
没人知道我在这,明白吗
Am I dying?
我是要死了吗
Ask your mother.
问你妈妈吧
Tell her Ruthie.
告诉她,鲁西
Elizabeth.
伊丽莎白
Shut your mouth. You'll catch flies.
闭上你的嘴,会进苍蝇的
I left my lunch pail on the bus
我把午餐盒落在公车上了
And I'm having a baby.
而且我正在生孩子
Do you see what happens to people who speak up?
你知道大声说话的人会怎样吗
Be happy with what you have.
要懂得满足
You'll be okay.
你会没事的
You're a house cat... you're very important
你是贤内助,你非常的重要
And you have little to do.
你什么都不用做
She's beautiful.
她真漂亮
That's a boy.
这是个男孩
You look terrible.
你看起来真糟
How do you feel?
你感觉如何
I need to put my face on.
我需要补补妆
You look beautiful Betts.
你看起来漂亮极了,贝蒂
Gene.
吉恩
What did you say?
你说什么
His name is Eugene.
给他取名叫尤金
We don't have to decide that now.
我们没必要现在就决定
Gene.
吉恩
Did you get any sleep?
你昨晚睡觉了吗
No and I don't expect to for the next six months.
没有,估计以后六个月都睡不好了
I wasn't sure where to put it all.
我不知道把这些放在哪里好
Mr. Draper's office.
德雷柏办公室
Please hold.
等等
It's Mr. Sterling. Are you in?
是斯特林先生,要接吗
Roger
罗杰
Dada.
爸爸
Where are you? Down the hall.
你在哪,会议室,
How's Betty? Did she perform like a champ?
贝蒂怎么样,她表现的非常好吧
She did. I need his initials.
她确实很棒,我需要他名字的首字母,
Jane's gonna put them on the back of her yacht
简想刻在她的游艇后面
or something for him.
还有给你们的贺礼上
No name yet.
还没起名字
There's a lot of guys twiddling their thumbs down in art.
美术部很多人闲得发慌
Why were you in the art department? Lane was.
你怎么会知道美工部的情况,是莱恩,
Apparently we're all backed up.
显然我们现在陷入了停滞状态
No one will move forward without your approval.
没有你的参与,我们无法正常运作
I missed half a day. Betty had the baby not you.
我只请了半天假,是贝蒂生孩子,不是你,
I'll see what I can do. Good.
我看看能做些什么,很好,
That guy's a tick.
那家伙是个讨厌鬼
See you at the traffic meeting.
会上再见
Can I get some coffee?
能给我点咖啡吗
You know what it's like in that office.
你知道那里的情况
No one ever buys me lunch.
从来没有人请我共进午餐
I like the turtleneck. Really?
你的高领毛衣真好看,真的吗,
Come. Join us. What is she doing here?
快点,快过来,她怎么在这,
Don't worry about it. I know what I'm doing.
别担心,我知道我在干什么
No you don't. Have a nosh.
不,你不知道,来吃些点心吧,
Two months at Grey and you're already having a nosh?
在格雷公司才干了两个月,你已经锦衣玉食了吗
I didn't know until I got here.
来之前我什么也不知道
Look.
听着
I woke up one day and had a realization.
我有一天醒来,然后突然意识到
You two have a secret relationship.
你们两个在秘密交往
What? That's ridiculous. Come on.
什么,太荒谬了,别装了,
The way you handled that Freddy Rumsen thing
你那样处理弗雷迪o拉姆森的事
so that she could move up?
就是为了让她升职
I've been doing this a long time. I know what I saw.
我在这方面很有经验,我相信我看到的
That's not what happened. You can be modest if you want to
不是那样的,你可以不承认,
But that kind of focused ambition is rare in advertising.
但是这份专一和抱负在广告界可不多见
Thank you.
谢谢你
I want to take you both with me to the promised land.
我想带你们一起共赴乐土
At Grey an account man is expected to have ideas
在格雷公司,业务员都可以提出创意
And creatives are expected to be geniuses.
而创意人员通常都被视作天才
You'll be sitting on velvet pillows
你们会坐在天鹅绒的垫子上
Showered with riches awards.
得到金钱和奖励
We're not going anywhere. Well she can.
我们哪都不会去的,当然,她可以去
Do we have to go together?
我们必须一起去吗
Pete I know you have ideas and you're a risktaker.
皮特,我知道你创意新奇,而且很爱冒险
Sterling Cooper is never going to reward that.
斯特林&库珀公司永远无法让你施展抱负
Well thank you.
好吧,谢谢你
Anything else? Don't be a baby.
还有其他事吗,别像个孩子一样,
You should be taking meetings like this twice a week.
我们应该像这样每周见两次面
If you want to woo me you'll have to buy me my own lunch.
如果你想挖我,那就要按我的方式来
Maybe I should leave too. Why would you do that?
或许我也该走了,为什么,
You're so talented. You should strike while they iron's hot.
你非常有天赋,你应该趁热打铁
What does that mean? It means the sky's the limit.
什么意思,意思就是你应该飞的更高,
No mortgage no family.
没有奉献怎么会有收获
You're a freegoing career gal with great ideas.
你是个有理想,有创意的事业型女孩
Am I wrong?
我说错了吗
I don't know.
我不知道
This is your time Peggy.
你飞黄腾达的时候到了,佩奇
Let me ask you something Hollis
我问你点事情,霍利斯
What type of TV do you have?
你的电视是什么牌子的
An RCA. Really?
美国无线电公司产的,是吗,(RCA率先生产第一台黑白电视机,1985年被通用电气并购)
Color?
彩色的吗
Why did you get it? To watch TV.
你为什么要买它,为了看电视,
But why an RCA specifically?
但为什么买美国无线电公司的呢
I didn't see any difference I guess.
我觉得都差不多
16.
16层到了,
Good afternoon.
下午好
A lot of negroes prefer Admiral.
很多黑人更喜欢艾德蒙公司产的
I've done research.
我做过研究
I have an RCA.
我的是美国无线电产的
So do your friends buy Admirals?
你的朋友买艾德蒙牌的吗
I'm sorry sir. I can't really say.
对不起,我真的说不准
Look.
听着
This is important and I'd really like to
这非常重要而且
Have an honest conversation with you.
我希望能听你说实话
I don't want to get into trouble.
我并不想惹麻烦
It's just us.
只是个问题而已
It's just Hollis and... Mr. Campbell.
只是霍利斯和,坎贝尔先生,
Do you think I'm a bigot?
你觉得我是个偏执狂吗
I just want to know why you bought your TV.
我只是想知道你选择电视的原因
I don't know. I don't remember. It's your TV.
我不知道,我不记得了,那是你的电视,
It's a big purchase. I don't even watch the damn thing.
那可是大宗消费,我其实不经常看的,
Really? Why not? Why should I?
是吗,为什么,为什么要看,
We've got bigger problems to worry about than TV okay?
相比看电视,我们还有其他更重要的事要做
You're thinking about this in a very narrow way.
你考虑问题的角度太狭隘了
The idea is that everyone is going to have a house a car
理想状态是我们都会有房子,车子
A television... the american dream.
一台电视,美国梦
It's my job.
那是我的工作
Every job has it's ups and downs.
工作都有顺和不顺的时候
You don't watch baseball? I don't believe you.
你不看棒球吗,我不信
What are you doing out of bed?
你不睡觉起来干嘛
I smelled something.
我闻到味道了
What are you making? A snack.
你在做什么,夜宵,
Do you want some?
你要来点吗
I didn't know you could cook.
我不知道你会做饭
Mommy's much better at it.
手艺比不上妈妈
Are you looking for a chick? I am.
你在找小鸡吗,是的,
Miss Farrell told us about that when we went to the farm.
法雷尔小姐在我们去农场时告诉我们的
But she says that those eggs can never become a chicken
但她说这些鸡蛋永远不会变成小鸡
Even though they come out of a chicken.
尽管他们是鸡生出来的
Why's that? Because they're from the store.
为什么呢,因为他们是从商店买来的,
And you know what else?
你还知道些什么
If you hold an egg up and it has veins in it
如果你拿起一个鸡蛋,里面有血管
You can shake it then eat it.
你就可以晃一晃之后吃掉它
Really?
真的吗
It's called addling.
那叫做变质的蛋
Is the baby gonna live in grandpa Gene's room?
那个婴儿要住在吉恩外公的屋里吗
It's not grandpa Gene's room. It's the baby's room.
那不是吉恩外公的房间,那是婴儿房
I thought it was gonna be a girl.
我本以为会是个女孩
Well I thought you were gonna be a boy.
是吗,当年我也以为你会是个男孩
Not all surprises are bad.
出人意料并非总是坏事
Everything's gonna be fine. That's what miss Farrell said.
一切都会好起来的,法雷尔小姐也这么说,
Well then I guess it must be true.
那么这一定是真的了
Burt Peterson's firing was undignified.
伯特o皮特森当时形象全无
Building security... that's all I'll say.
我们甚至出动了大楼保安,我只能透露这么多
Confirm a couple of rumors.
证实了一些谣言
Did he throw a desk chair against a window
他用椅子砸向窗户
Only to have it bounce back and knock him over?
结果椅子却弹回来把他撞倒了是吗
Not that I know of.
据我所知不是这样的
Did he make a #2 in a file cabinet?
他在档案柜里大便了吗
Burt Peterson lived hard and loved hard.
伯特·皮特森活得辛苦,爱得艰难
Harry here is an expert in media.
哈里是媒体方面的专家
Television... the air not the sets.
电视,电视台方面,不是电视机
Now Admiral television sales are flat...
艾德蒙电视的销售业绩平平
We know that.
我们知道
But as we studied your indices
但我们研究了你们的数据
We realized that they're not flat everywhere.
我们发现并不是所有地方都很平淡
In fact
实际上
Among negroes sales are actually growing.
在黑人中销售额有所上升
We know that too. You do?
这个我们也知道,是吗,
No of course you do.
当然,你们当然知道
These are your numbers but I think we've discovered
这是你们的数据,但我认为我们发现了
An interesting strategy.
一个有利可图的策略
This is "ebony."
这个杂志叫做《黑檀》
By negroes for negroes.
由黑人所写,面向黑人读者
"jet."
黑玉,
Space in these magazines costs far less than
这些杂志上的广告费
What you currently spend...
比你们现在的广告费便宜很多
Daily newspapers that go just to this market
日报上针对黑人市场所刊登的广告
for pennies on the dollar.
广告费也非常低廉
And?
然后呢
Shift a portion of the media budget
把一部分媒体预算
From lowerindexing white areas
从指数较低的白人区
To this market where it can do more good.
投入到这个更有利润的市场去
They already like it we can make them
他们本来就喜欢这个品牌
buy more by increasing the exposure.
曝光率的上升会带动购买率的上升
A 5% sales bump in detroit alone
在底特律投入5%的广告预算
Would make you the same profit as a 2% increase systemwide.
就能使总收入提高2%
And ads on television geared to this market
黑人市场的广告效应
And white markets
和白人市场的广告效应相结合
Will have double the effect.
将会使效果更加明显
A negro ad and a white ad?
针对黑人奴隶和白人的不同广告
So Campbell you're making twice the ads for us now.
坎贝尔,你这是让我们做两则不同的广告
No do them together.
不,同时进行
Integrate it.
相互融合
I don't think that's legal.
我觉得这似乎是违法的吧
Of course it's legal.
这当然是合法的
Look this conversation is not worth having.
听着,我们根本没有谈下去的必要了
Who's to say that negroes aren't buying admiral televisions
谁告诉你黑人不买艾德蒙公司产的电视
Because they think white people want them?
因为他们认为这是白人的专属品
Miss Olson is here to see you.
奥尔森小姐求见
Send her in.
让她进来
Oh sorry.
抱歉,打扰了
I know he doesn't need clothes but don't return it.
我知道他不缺衣服,但请不要回绝
I'm the youngest. I never had anything new.
我是家里最小的,我穿的从来都是旧衣服
you didn't have to do that. I did.
你不必这么做的,我当然需要,
No one told me they were all going in on it together.
没人通知我他们要集体凑钱买贺礼
I heard you were back at work
我听说你回来工作了
but now I wonder if that's true.
现在我怀疑是不是真如此
I invited you in.
是我带你入行的
I don't know if this is the best time.
我不知道现在是不是谈这事的最佳时机
I don't know. It's kind of serious.
我不知道,我并非是小题大做
I've been thinking about my situation here
我认真地思考了我在公司的处境
And I'm so grateful to you for all you've done.
对你所做的一切,我都充满感激
I just...
只是我...
Well you know
你知道
I'm paid very little.
我的薪酬很低
My secretary doesn't respect me
我的秘书对我毫无尊重
Because I make $71 more a week than she does.
因为我每周的工资只比她多71美元
Maybe we need to get you a cheaper secretary.
或许我们该为你找个更廉价的秘书
Paul Kinsey does the same work that I do
保罗·金西和我干着同样的工作
And not as well sometimes.
有时还不如我出色
And I don't know if you read it in the paper
我不知道你有没有看报纸
But they passed a law
最近新通过了一项法律
where women who do the same work as men will get paid the same thing.
规定男女同工必须同筹
Equal pay.
同等的报酬
It's not a good time.
现在不是说这个的时候
It's not a good time for me Don.
对我来说现在是最佳时机,唐
Do you know how expensive the city is?
你知道住在城里花销有多大吗
It's not gonna happen Peggy not now.
这是不可能实现的,至少现在不行,佩奇
I'm fighting for paperclips around here.
我还有大堆的工作要做呢
Third time.
第三次了
It must be old hat.
一定是老式的
you're gonna be fine Peggy. I look at you and I think
你会没事的,佩奇,我看着你,然后就会想,
"I want what he has."
"我也想拥有他所拥有的一切"
Really?
是吗
You have everything
你拥有一切
And so much of it.
可以说无所不有
I suppose that's probably true.
我想可能的确是这样
What do you want me to say?
你想让我说什么
I don't think I could have been any clearer.
我要是能想得更清楚一些就好了
You see what's been going on here the last six months?
你难道没目睹过去半年这里所发生的一切吗
What if this is my time?
如果女性的时代就要到来了呢
where are you going? to the ladies' room.
你去哪儿,洗手间,
You want to join me?
你想一起吗
did you tell Don about Duck? that's none of your business.
你跟唐说了达克的事吗,与你无关,
Sure. They hear you're shopping around they'll want you more.
当然了,你四处推销自己,他们就会越发需要你
But me I'm sharing my job with kenny.
而我呢,却要和肯共享一份工作
I'm already redundant.
我完全是多余的
You have relationships with your clients. That's leverage.
你和你的客户之间有良好的关系,这就是筹码
did you say something? it's my decision Pete.
你是不是说了什么,那是我的决定,皮特,
Your decisions affact me.
你的决定已经影响到了我
If it isn't Martin Luther King.
如果不是因为马丁·路德·金
I should drop kick you off the roof.
我一定会将你踢下楼去
Admiral television has no interest in becoming
艾德蒙电视公司可不想
A colored television company.
被贴上种族歧视的标签
But they are.
但事实就是如此
It seems illogical to me
如果他们甘心放弃赚大钱的机会
that they would reject an opportunity to make more money.
在我看来简直不可思议
then again I'm in advertising.
你们肯定又要说,我是个广告人
This is a sensitive issue.
这是一个敏感问题
businesses hate that. let me put it in account terms.
是商业的大忌,我还是从业务角度来说好了,
Are you aware of the number of hand jobs I'm gonna have to give?
你清楚我们将因此失去多少工作岗位吗
Am I being taken off the account?
是不是要取消我业务主管的资格
I'm going to have to pretend I had you killed!
我倒是希望你死了的好
Sales are flat. I had to do something.
销售量平平,我不得不采取些行动
I don't know if anyone's ever told you that half the time
我不知道有没有人告诉过你,绝大多数时候
This business comes down to "I don't like that guy."
业务没谈成都是因为,客户不喜欢那个业务员
Are we done with the flogging?
批评教育到此结束了吗
It's never as good as you think it's gonna be.
结果永远不会有你设想的那样好
If I may. Burt Roger
请允许我说句话,伯特,罗杰
It does seem as though there's money to be made in the negro market.
似乎黑人市场的确有利可图
Obviously not with admiral
不过很显然,艾德蒙电视不行
But I don't think it would be wrong of us
不过,我觉得这也没什么错
to pursue it in some way.
起码可以考虑一下
Really?
是吗
I've just moved here.
我初来乍到
I'm a stranger in a strange land
我绝对是个身处异地的异乡人
But I can tell you that there's definitely something going on.
但我可以向你保证,局势正在悄悄发生变化
We'll look into it.
我们会注意的
You can go.
你可以走了
we're here! she's here!
我们回来了,她回来啦,
Welcome welcome.
欢迎,欢迎
mommy! careful.
妈咪,小心,
Here let me take him.
来,让我抱抱他
I missed you so much.
我真想你
Wait till you see your fridge.
好好看看你的冰箱吧
If there's a power outage
如果突然断电的话
You can feed the entire street for a month.
冰箱里的食物足以供整条街的人吃一个月
Hi baby. I'm your brother Bobby.
嗨,宝宝,我是你哥哥博比
You have to be careful.
你可要小心点
How was it?
感觉怎么样
You know.
你知道的
Was all a fog.
晕乎乎的
You're making a mistake not forcing Carla to stay.
你没有坚持让卡拉留下,真是个大错
She's been away from her family
她离家也很久了
and I can manage. I know some girls.
我可以应付得过来,我倒是认识一些女佣,
you want something to eat? sure.
你想吃东西吗,当然,
I've got it. Come on.
我去弄,来吧

重点单词   查看全部解释    
permission [pə'miʃən]

想一想再看

n. 同意,许可,允许

联想记忆
mortgage ['mɔ:gidʒ]

想一想再看

n. 按揭,抵押贷款
vt. 抵押

联想记忆
row [rəu,rau]

想一想再看

n. 排,船游,吵闹
vt. 划船,成排

 
perspective [pə'spektiv]

想一想再看

n. 远景,看法,透视
adj. 透视的

联想记忆
bigot ['bigət]

想一想再看

n. (宗教,政治等的)盲信者,顽固者

联想记忆
yacht [jɔt]

想一想再看

n. 游艇,快艇 vi. 驾快艇

联想记忆
talented ['tæləntid]

想一想再看

adj. 有才能的,有天赋的

 
purchase ['pə:tʃəs]

想一想再看

vt. 买,购买
n. 购买,购买的物品

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
apologize [ə'pɔlədʒaiz]

想一想再看

vi. 道歉,谢罪

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。