手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《傲骨贤妻》 > 傲骨贤妻第三季 > 正文

傲骨贤妻第三季(MP3+中英字幕):第2集 你的网络水军还在吧

来源:可可英语 编辑:clover   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

28000 feet 73mileanhour winds.

海拔8534米,风速每小时117千米,
The South Col.
南隘口
500 climbers all crowding the same route
在三周的时间里,
in the one threeweek period.
500名登山者挤在同一条路上
It's a nightmare on Everest.
这是珠穆朗玛峰的噩梦
That's Hillary Step.
那是希拉里台阶
I shot this just below the summit.
我在珠峰顶下拍摄的
There's always a bottleneck waiting to use the ropes.
总有些需要用绳索才能越过的障碍
And that's where Robert Lambros died?
那是罗伯特·兰博斯丧生的地方吗
Yes.
是的
And that's his body there?
那里是他的尸体吗
Yes. He was a guide.
是的,他是向导
One of the members of his party collapsed
他队里的一名成员垮掉了
and died above Hillary Step
并死在了希拉里台阶上
and Bobby stayed to help and then succumbed too.
鲍比留下帮忙,也被丧生了
I'm sorry.
抱歉
I liked your brother.
我喜欢你哥哥
You okay?
你没事吧
Now regarding his book
现在,根据他的书
the defendant's book have you read it? I have.
被告的书,你看过了吗,看过,
In it he claims that my client Mr. Oliver Cardiff
里面声称我的委托人,奥利佛·卡迪夫先生
came upon the dying Robert Lambros and not only
向垂死的罗伯特·兰博斯走去
stepped over his body to get to the summit
不只是无视他的尸体而直接登顶
but then took his bottled oxygen.
还拿走了他的氧气瓶
You're aware of that accusation? I am.
你知道该指控吗,知道,
And do you disagree? I do. I was
你不同意吗,是的,我登珠峰,
climbing Everest for a documentary
是为了纪录片
and I saw Mr. Cardiff here
我看见卡迪夫先生在这里
climbing with a British team.
和英国的队伍一起登山
And this is below the Hillary Steps? Uh Step.
是在希拉里台阶下面吗,台阶,
Yes.
是的
So Mr. Cardiff couldn't have been near Lambros.
所以,卡迪夫先生不可能在兰博斯先生附近
He was lower on the mountain heading up
他在山上较低的位置,向上前进
Yes that would follow.
是的
So this book is untrue?
这本书的内容是不真实的?
Well I hate to question another climber
我讨厌怀疑另一位登山者
Danny was at base camp and didn't see what I saw.
丹尼在营地,没看见我看到的事
No further questions.
没有问题了
Nothing personal but I have to rip your friend apart.
不是针对个人,但是我要收拾一下你的朋友
Be gentle.
温柔点
Mr. Branch what is the death zone?
布兰奇先生,什么是死亡地带
The death zone?
死亡地带?
In mountaineering parlance
用登山术语说
it's the altitude above 26000 feet
海拔7900米以上
where oxygen is insufficient to sustain life.
没有足以维持生命的氧气的地方
It's also a place where perceptions are not to be fully trusted?
在这种地方人的意识是不是不太可靠?
Sometimes. You believe
有时候是,你相信,
that bottled oxygen has hurt the sport of mountain climbing
氧气瓶损害了登山的运动精神
so you climb with out oxygen?
所以你登山不用氧气
I do.
是的
And an absence of oxygen would increase the likelihood
而缺氧会使得判断失误的可能性
of untrustworthy perceptions?
进一步增大?
Yes. So when you say
是的,那么,当你说,
that you saw the plaintiff below the Hillary Step
看见原告在希拉里台阶下面时
we have to take your word for it
我们要相信你说的话
and yet your word could be colored
而你的话可能
by your oxygendeprived perception.
因缺氧而存在偏差
I believe... that follows.
我承认,的确有可能
Your Honor I'd like to make motion
法官大人,此刻,我想请求
at this time to dismiss this lawsuit.
驳回诉讼
This is a libel suit not a criminal case.
这是诽谤诉讼案,不是刑事案件
The plaintiff needs not only to prove
原告不仅要证明我委托人的书有误
that my client's book was wrong but at he knew it was wrong.
还得证明他知道书的内容有误
Which we're doing. No.
我们正在证明,不,
There is too much inherent uncertainty here.
这里必然存在太多的不确定性
This is a case built on perception and
这案子以感觉作基础
the death zone makes those perceptions essentially suspect.
那些感觉在死亡地带里,其本身就是不可靠的
Wow. He dismissed.
哇,法官驳回了
I'm... I'm stunned.
我...我被震住了
Me too.
我也是
Thank you.
谢谢
The thought of him leaving my brother behind and then
他弃我兄弟于不顾
suing me for everything...
还要把我告上法庭进行赔偿
I know. It's over.
我知道,结束了
Hi Eli. Where are you?
伊莱,你在哪里
The meeting's in ten minutes.
会议十分钟后开
And what meeting was that again?
又是什么会议
Okay don't tease. I'm not the mood.
好的,别闹了,我没心情
I'm heading back there now. In 30 minutes.
我马上回去,30分钟到
Mickey there you are.
米奇,你来了
Any trouble? No.
有麻烦,不,
Took the elevator to the 31st floor
我搭电梯去了31层
Walked on down No nobody saw me.
然后走了下来,没人看见我
You look like crap.
你看起来很糟
Thanks. This way.
谢谢,这边
Who was that?
那是谁
No idea.
不知道
Do you ever get the feeling we're losing control here?
有没有觉得我们正在失去对这里的控制
Every day.
这感觉与日俱增
The state's attorney can hire any law firm he wants
州检察官可以雇佣任何想要的律所
to handle all civil cases against his department.
来处理那些针对他部门的民事诉讼
Glenn Childs had Brimly Tully & Snider.
格伦·查尔兹雇的是BTS律所
God I hated them.
上帝,我讨厌他们
Peter Florrick fired them and is looking for new outside counsel.
彼得·福瑞克炒了他们,正在找新的外聘律师
It's 20$ million a year in new business.
新业务一年2千万
Florrick will never hire us.
福瑞克不会用咱们的
It's his wife's firm
这是他妻子的律所
his campaign manager's firm.
他竞选经理的律所
Which works against us.
这对咱们不利
He doesn't want it to look like a sweetheart deal.
他不想被看成是裙带风作祟
We've been invited in to pitch.
他邀请我们去投标了
How many firms have been invited?
邀请了多少公司
Eight.
八家
Then you should pitch.
那你该去投标
We should pitch.
是我们该去投标
No.
Is there something I should know?
有什么我该知道的吗
About?
什么
I just don't want to be blindsided.
我只是不想被人打穿越球
Have you noticed you're turning into me?
发现你快变成我了吗
All the sports metaphors.
总喜欢用体育术语作比喻
A better version of you.
我可比你强
How the hell is it
我喜欢新车的味道
I can love a new car smell but hate a new office one?
却讨厌新办公室的,你觉得如何
The car means fun
车有意思啊
and an office work.
办公室,只是办公
You getting laid anyways? Me?
不说这个,最近在哪儿风流了,我?
No. You?
没有,你呢
Not since the summer of '08.
从08年夏天开始就没艳福
So you're the flavor of the month these days
所以,这些天你是风靡一时的
in crisis managers.
危机处理人
What happened with Weiner?
你怎么没去帮维纳
Thought you'd be on that one.
以为你会跟进那个呢
Oh God the day politicians discovered Twitter...
天啊,政客们开始用推特简直是……
I hear you're the flavor of the month in strategists.
听说你在战略谋划方面是风云人物
What campaign are you on?
你要帮哪个竞选
I need your help.
我需要你的帮助
But I can't tell you who this help is for.
但我不能告诉你帮谁的忙
Okay. I've been hired by
好,我被候选人雇佣
a candidate who's setting up an exploratory committee.
他设立了竞选委员会
For what? I can't tell you.
竞选什么,不能说,
But he's got a problem.
不过他遇到个问题
A real problem. Financial or sexual?
真正的问题,财还是色,
Uh I can't tell you. Oh come on Mickey.
不能说,得了吧,米奇,
You want me to crisis manage a crisis you can't tell me?
你要我危机处理又不告诉我吗
This guy wants options okay?
这个人要看看有什么选择,行吗
He wants to know this scandal can be handled
如果参选,他希望丑闻能被处理好
if he chooses to run but he doesn't want the scandal
如果选择不参选
to get out if he chooses not to run.
他不想丑闻外泄
This is BS.
狗屁
It's a bakeoff without any ingredients.
又要马儿跑,又要马儿不吃草
Buyer's market Eli.
这是买方市场,伊莱
If you choose not to play there are others who will.
如果你不玩,还有别人愿意玩
Now I'm meeting with three crisis managers.
现在,我手头有三个危机处理人
Whoever has got the best play that's who we're going with.
谁的表现最好,我们就跟谁合作
Alicia I'd like you to meet a good friend Mickey Gunn.
艾丽西娅,认识下我的好友,米奇·甘恩
Yeah I get it. You got Saint Alicia our on your team.
我懂了,你想靠圣母艾丽西娅压阵
I'll heard from you by Thursday buddy.
周四前给我回复,哥们
Hi.
你好
That was the big meeting?
这就是你说的重要会面吗
Who's the investigator here?
这里的调查员是谁
Kalinda Sharma. Why?
凯琳达·夏尔马,有事吗
I need her to investigate a scandal before it happens.
我需要她在一起丑闻被曝光前,调查清楚
Mrs. Florrick.
福瑞克夫人
Hello.
你好
Hi.
你好
Are you here to see someone? Yes you.
你来这里是来找谁吗,是的,就是你,
James Thrush.
我是詹姆斯·萨什
Very please to meet you.
见到你很高兴
And you.
我也是
How may I help you?
找我有什么事吗
Do you know the key distinction
你知道美国和我国
between the libel laws our in your country and mine?
在诽谤法上的主要区别是什么吗
Burden of proof is reversed.
举证责任互换
In America it is up to the person libeled
在美国,证明诽谤言论为
to prove the accusations against them are either
蓄意或不负责任制造的虚假事实的责任
knowingly or recklessly false.
在被诽谤人一方
In England it is up to the person libeling
在英格兰,则要由诽谤者
your writing client Mr. Lambros
即你的当事人,兰博斯先生
to prove what he says is true.
证明他的言论属实
This is already adjudicated Mr. Cardiff.
此案已经裁定完毕,卡迪夫先生
Yes. In the United States.
是的,在美国
Danny didn't sell any books in England.
丹尼并没有在英格兰销售他的书
Actually I'm afraid he did.
事实上,我恐怕他有
This in fact is one.
我手上就是一本
Purchased not two weeks ago
两周前买的
from your wonderful Internet site Amazon.
从你们无比快捷的网站,亚马逊
You can't... Actually I'm afraid I can.
你不能,事实上,我恐怕我可以,
I am a Queen's Counsel of the Royal Courts of Justice
我是皇家法庭的女皇御用律师
and this is a writ of new proceedings for libel.
这是这起新诽谤诉讼的传票
You had this ready for the day you lost.
你在输的那天就准备好了
Mr. Cardiff wished to exhaust the American courts first.
卡迪夫先生希望先走美国的法律途径
You're going after the wrong man Danny did nothing wrong.
你们告错人了,丹尼并没做错
He accused me of killing his brother.
他指责我杀了他哥哥
He ruined my reputation.
损害了我的名誉
Read the charge.
具体指控你自己看
I am suing him for 20 million pounds.
我要求他赔偿两千万英镑
He's not rich. He doesn't have your money.
他不像你这般有钱
Oh let's not make this a classist issue shall we?
我们都别带上等级偏见的眼镜,好吗
I know he's not rich.
我知道他并不富有
Now he'll be poor.
我要让他一无所有
Mr. Ash Brannon?
阿什·布朗南先生
So sorry to keep you waiting.
真抱歉让你等了这么久
I'm Alicia Florrick. Yes. Hello. Sorry.
我是艾丽西娅·福瑞克,你好,不好意思,
Florrick? Right. Two Rs?
福瑞克,名字里有两个R吗
Yes. Right.
是的
Come with me. Certainly.
请这边走,好的,
Filial Airrock
Filial Airrock.
Excuse me? An anagram.
您说什么,你名字的变形词,
Sorry. It's a nervous habit. Sorry.
不好意思,我一紧张就会这样
Okay.
好吧
So you are the barrister that Danny hired.
你就是丹尼雇的巴律师吧
Is that correct? Actually no. The solicitor.
我说对了吗,事实上我是名沙律师,
Not as posh as a barrister but we try harder.
不像巴律师那么光鲜,但我们够勤奋
Sorry I'm a bit punchy.
对不起,我话有点太多了
Just uh first trip to the States.
但这是我第一次来美国
You know just off the plane.
刚下飞机
Where are the Olsen twins?
奥尔森姐妹在哪里,好莱坞着名双胞胎童星
Would you like a cup of coffee? Will!
要不要喝杯咖啡,威尔
This is Mr. Timothy Ash Brannon.
这位是蒂莫西·阿什·布朗南先生
Oh yes the barrister. Will Gardner.
是那位巴律师,我是威尔·加德纳
Actually solicitor. No thank you on the coffee.
实际上是沙律师,咖啡就不用了,谢谢
Oh okay. Warden Grill.
好的,格里尔典狱长
Anagrams.
变形词
It's not a deposition.
这不算一次取证
It's a letter rogatory.
是执行调查委托书
And that's?
那是什么意思
Well basically it's a uh...
基本上,那就是...
It's a deposition.
和证词类似
Evidence given before a trial.
庭审前获得的证据
The witnesses are primarily in America
绝大多数证人都在美国
so His Lordship has agreed to allow it to be videotaped here.
法官阁下同意在这里进行视频通话
Good then we try to get this kicked before trial.
很好,我们要尽量在庭审前解决
Or we stall it.
或者我们拖延下去
Stall what?
拖延什么
Cardiff doesn't need the money from this suit.
卡迪夫并不需要金钱赔偿
He wants the publicity. That's why he's expediting this.
他关心的是公众影响,所以才会如此心急
So? We can't just sit back.
那又如何,我们不能什么都不做
We get this kicked there won't be any publicity.
解决这个案子,就没有公众影响的问题了
But the burden of proof works against us now.
但现在举证责任对我们不利
We would have to prove that Danny's book is true.
我们要证明丹尼的书写的是事实
Which we can't do.
但我们无法证明
We can't stall.
我们不能拖延
My wife's house it's in Toronto.
我妻子的房子在多伦多
My business too.
我的公司也是
Canada is a British Commonwealth.
加拿大是英联邦国家
They froze your assets? Yes.
你的资产被冻结了吗,是的,
What was your strategy in court?
你之前在法庭上的策略是什么
Show there could be no certainty about the events on Everest.
说明我们无法确定珠峰上发生的事情
Therefore there could be no libel.
因此,也就没有诽谤一说
Well that strategy just went out the window.
这个办法现在行不通了
What do we have?
我们有什么证据
To prove Cardiff took Lambros's oxygen?
证明卡迪夫拿了兰博斯的氧气瓶吗
Well nothing. The goal wasn't to prove it.
什么都没有,之前并不需要证明
Can we though? Can we prove it?
但问题是我们能证明吗
What about the satellite call?
卫星电话如何
Robert talked to his wife
鲁伯特·在临死前
from his satellite phone just before he died.
用卫星电话跟他妻子通过话
We never needed the tape.
我们之前并不需要那段录音
I'm on it.
我这就去找
Are you the investigator?
你是调查员吗
I am.
是的
Do you have a minute?
你现在有空吗
Do you want me to have a minute?
你有什么事情吗
So there's a scandal of some kind
就是说,有个潜在的丑闻
but you don't know who or what it is?
但你不知道是谁,又是何事
Yes. Can you find out?
是的,你能调查出来吗
How does this work when I investigate for you?
我为你做调查,这是个什么情况
I have no idea.
我也不知道
But you are one of my bosses now?
但你现在是我的老板之一
Yes. I think so.
是的,我想是如此
You probably invoice in some way.
你最后把账单给我就好
I have to pitch to a campaign manager
这个周四,我去一个竞选经理那里
on Thursday on how to manage a scandal
参加投标,具体是如何处理丑闻
but he's afraid the scandal will be exposed
但对方害怕丑闻会被曝光
so he won't give me any information
所以没给我任何信息
and I need that information to pitch.
而我必须有所了解才能去争
Do you want to sit down? No.
你需要坐下谈吗,不用,
You want the information so he's forced to hire you
你需要这些信息,让他不得不雇你
or you'll expose it?
不然你就揭他的老底
How have I never met you before?
我怎么以前不认识你呢
We move in different circles.
我们的圈子不同
Sorry about that.
非常抱歉
It's amazing how my life has gone from no calls
我的生活从门可罗雀,变成现在一天85个电话
to a call sheet of 85 a day.
真是不可思议
Yes it's quite a change
是的,变化很大
from prison back to the state's attorney's office.
从监狱回到州检察官办公室
How you doing?
你感觉怎么样
I love it. I really love it.
我很喜欢,非常喜欢这份工作
You don't mind if Cary sits in on this do you?
你不介意凯里加入我们的谈话吧
No not at all.
不,一点也不
Hi Cary. Diane.
你好,凯里,戴安,
He gives me insight into all the Lockhart/Gardner matters.
他向我透露了不少你们事务所的内幕
So you guys are the survivors.
你们在这么不景气的经济中
Of the economy.
存活了下来
I looked at the roll of Chicago firms
我看了下我离任前
since I was last in this seat.
芝加哥的律所名单
They're practically all gone.
几乎都破产了
Well there's been some tough times but we're fighters.
日子确实很艰辛,不过我们敢于打拼
Well you've beaten us a few times.
有好几次,连我们都败下阵来
No hard feelings?
没有心怀不满吧
Hey that's the reason you're in that seat.
别忘了,要不是那样的话你也不会坐这了
We're hiring an outside caretaker for our civil cases
我们要找民事案件的外部代理
lawsuits against County Hospital the police
打理对于县医院,警局
or SA's office
或检察官办公室的起诉案
and we need to decide between three firms.
需要从三个律所中选一个
Really? I thought there were eight.
是吗,我以为是八个
There were. We whittled it down.
本来是八个,我们筛了一些
I'm honored.
深感荣幸
The only problem is we have some concerns.
唯一的问题在于,我们有些顾虑
If it's about Alicia and Eli Gold
如果是因为艾丽西娅和伊莱·戈德
we've established a Chinese wall between their work
我们已经建立了他们工作与州检察官事务的
and SA business. No no no.
隔绝制度,不,不是,
I'm not going to reject a law firm
我不会因为公众对我们之间关系的看法
because it might look bad to the public.
而放弃你们律所
Lemond Bishop.
是因为莱蒙德·毕夏普
The drug dealer.
那个大毒枭
We only handle his legitimate business.
我们只打理他的合法生意
And I'm sure you'll find that every major law firm
并且我确信每个主流律所
has a few potentially unsavory clients.
都会有些不那么体面的客户
We have to have some assurances that your money isn't tainted.
我们得确信你们的钱是清白的
Is that a fair word? It is.
这样说合适吗,够清楚了,
Diane look I'm running a new office
戴安,我要用全新的方法做事
and I know that every state's attorney says that
我知道每个州检察官都这么说
I said it my first term
我以前也这么说过
but this time it's different.
但这次不一样,我是来真的
Now you're one of three law firms that I'm considering
现在,你们是我考虑雇佣为代理的
to hire as my attorney.
三个律所之一
I need to know that you're clean.
我得知道你们够清白才行
So we just need you to voluntarily submit
所以我们需要你们自愿接受
to an audit by the Illinois State Department of Taxation.
伊利诺伊州税务局的审计
And that won't violate attorneyclient privilege.
那也不会违反律师当事人保密特权
It gives me an independent confirmation
这样我就能确信
that your hands are free of drug money.
你们的钱与毒品无关
You're asking us to voluntarily submit to an audit?
你是要我们自愿接受审计吗
Yes. If you want the job.
是的,如果你们想干这活的话
Well uh that's significant.
事关重大
I'll need to talk to my partner.
我得和我的合伙人谈谈
Of course.
当然
Will? Yes.
威尔? 是的,
You two know each other don't you?
你们俩也认识,是吧
We do.
认识
Why don't you bring him in next time
下次你何不带他一起来
and we'll all talk about the possibility
我们大家谈谈
of uh making this all work?
一起合作的可能性
86th call.
第86个电话,
If you'll excuse me.
失陪了
Yeah.
喂,
Hey Dad. I'm coming over early tomorrow night.
爸爸,我明天晚上要早点过来
8:00 okay?
8点钟行吗,
Okay.
行,
Is everything all right? Yeah everything's fine.
没什么事吧,没事,
I just wanted to come early.
我就是想早点来
Okay good. Well I'll make dinner.
行,好,我会做好晚饭
Well thanks for the vote of confidence Zach.
谢谢你对我投了信任票,扎克
I think it might be appropriate to respond "Good morning."
我想回应"早上好"可能比较合适
I understand the arguments for "Good evening"
我理解你们可能会觉得应该说"晚上好"
but the court of record is in London
但记录上法庭在伦敦
not in the United States.
而不是美国
And as you can see
你们也可以看到
it is morning here.
现在这里是早上
Your Lordship I will gladly defer.
法官阁下,我乐于从命
Good morning to all.
大家早上好
And good evening to you Mr. Thrush.
晚上好,萨什先生
Who is the barrister representing the responder?
谁是代表被告的巴律师
A solicitor Your Lordship.
应该是沙律师,法官阁下
Uh one Timothy O'Brannon.
是个叫蒂莫西·奥'布朗南的
Brannon Your Lordship.
是布朗南,法官阁下
No "O".
没有O
Mr. Brannon
布朗南先生
are there any applications
在我们开始之前
to the court before we commence?
还有什么申请吗
There are Your Honor.
有,法官大人
Uh Your Lordship.
该说"法官阁下"
Your Lordship.
法官阁下
This is a sham of a lawsuit.
这是一桩假诉讼
It's libel tourism pure and simple.
明显就是一场马拉松式的诽谤诉讼
Rich plaintiffs like Roman Polanski
像罗曼·波兰斯基和施瓦辛格
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Mr. Cardiff
和卡迪夫先生这样有钱的原告
can't win their libel suits in American courts
在美国的法庭上赢不了官司
so they take them to England.
就跑到英国来起诉
Sir I understand your passion in this matter
先生,我理解你对此案的热情
but I would ask you to address this court
但请你对法庭陈词时
with a greater degree of restraint.
保持更多的克制
I...
我,
Apologies Your...
抱歉,法官
Lordship. Lordship.
阁下,阁下,
That might be an artifact of the Polycom.
可能是视频会议系统给您造成的错觉
I merely wanted to stress that
我只是想强调一下
there were only 18 copies of our client's books
我们委托人的书在英国
sold in the United Kingdom.
只售出了18本
They were all bought online
全都是网上购买
and they were all bought by Mr. Cardiff's staff.
而且全都是卡迪夫先生的职员购买的
As my learned colleague well knows Your Lordship
渊博的对方律师非常清楚,法官阁下
where and who purchased these books is irrelevant.
这些书的购买地点和购买者与本案无关
Excuse me. Mr. Cardiff bought the books
对不起,引起这桩诉讼的
that he is now bringing suit to here.
正是卡迪夫先生买的这些书
Mr. Gardner what are you doing?
加德纳先生,你这是在干吗
What am I doing? Your body.
我在干吗,你的身体,
The disposition of your body.
你身体的朝向
You turned your back to the judge.
你背对着法官了
Are you kidding me?
你是开玩笑吧
Ok maybe you should let me argue...
能否让我说
Apologies apologies Your Lordship.
抱歉,抱歉,法官阁下
I am... I am new to your court.
我,初来乍到
We would argue that your parliament
我们将辩称,贵国议会
is in the midst of rewriting these libel laws
正在考虑重修诽谤法
to prevent exactly this type of libel tourism.
正是为了禁止此类马拉松式诽谤诉讼
Your Lordship parliament was indeed considering
法官阁下,议会确实在考虑
revising these very laws until Mr. Rupert Murdoch
修订这些法律,直到发生了默多克旗下
and his recent News of the World contretemps.
世界新闻报丑闻事件
I would argue that only 23 copies
我将辩称《资助邪恶》
of Funding Evil were purchased through the Internet
只在网上售出了23本
yet this court ordered that book's destruction...
然而法庭还是宣判那本书有损...
I think you'd better argue instead.
我认为应该由你来辩护
The judge likes demure.
这法官喜欢严肃端庄型的
Mr.Thrush made fine point we'll continue.
萨什先生说得好,我们继续
If I may Your Lordship.
我可以说句话吗,法官阁下
Yes Mr. O'Brannon.
行,O'布朗南先生,
Uh Brannon Your Lordship.
是布朗南,法官阁下
We ask the court's indulgence
我们请求法庭容许
in hearing evidence intended to refute the applicant's charge.
听取意在驳回控方控告的证据
Proceed.
准许
I love you.
我爱你
I'm sorry. It's so cold.
对不起,太冷了
Bobby do me a favor
鲍比,拜托你
just get up .
站起来
You can do it.
你能行
Please.
求你了
I'm just so tired..
我太累了
I know.
我知道
Your son needs you Bobby.
你儿子需要你,鲍比
He's here.
他就在这里
He needs his father. So get up and walk.
他需要他父亲,站起来,走
And this is your husband? Yes.
电话里是你丈夫? 是的,
He had a satellitehone. he called from the South Col.
他有一部卫星电话,他从南隘口打来的
He always called at noon.
他总是中午打来
And you recorded that.
然后你录下来了
Yes.
是的
I wanted his son to remember him.
我想让儿子记得他
Use the oxygen Bobby. Please.
用氧气吧,鲍比,求你了
And get up and walk.
站起来,走
Over here! Here!
在这里,这里
Is someone there?
那边有人吗
Bobby!
鲍比
It's the British team.
是英国队
Hold on.
等一下
But they didn't stop for him.
但他们没有为他停下脚步
And they took your husband's oxygen tank.
他们拿走了你丈夫的氧气罐
Yes. I asked him to use his oxygen tank
是的,我让他用氧气罐
but it was gone.
但是已经没了
No apology no money.
不道歉,不给钱
But we'll agree not to print the book in Great Britain.
但我们会同意不在英国出版此书
Very emotional in there.
真是感人啊
Nice touch using the female lawyer.
用女律师这招不错呀
You Americans certainly do enjoy your drama.
你们美国人肯定很欣赏自己的好戏
So does His Lordship.Did you see him?
法官阁下也很欣赏呢,你看到了吗
1.2 million pounds and an apology.
一百二十万镑,外加道歉,
So is this some of that famous
这就是你们英国人常说的
stiffupperlip stuff I've heard about?
死硬到底吗
God I do love you Yanks.
上帝,我真是喜欢你们美国佬
You are so easy to distract.
你们的注意力真容易转移
With our accents
我们有我们的口音
and our periwigs and our tea and crumpets.
我们的假发,英国茶,还有松脆饼
And Benny Hill. Don't forget Benny Hill.
还有小帅哥本尼·希尔,别忘了本尼·希尔
But I am not the England of Big Ben and bobbies.
但我不是来自那个有着大本钟和傻警察的英国
I'm not the England of doilies and cucumber sandwiches.
不是来自有着小杯垫和黄瓜三明治的英国
I'm the England of football hooligans
我来自满是足球流氓的英国
and Jack the Ripper.
以及有着开膛手杰克的英国
And this England don't play nice and it don't play fair
这个英国不会很正大光明,公平行事
and it don't ever stop.
也永不停步
Here's some advice Mr. uh... Thrush.
我有些建议,萨什先生
When you want to intimidate someone
你要威胁别人的时候
don't use so many words.
别说那么多话
Intimidation isn't a sonnet.
威胁不是十四行诗
It seems we understand each other perfectly.
看起来我们都完全理解对方
Shall we?
我们开始吧
Mrs. Lambros
兰博斯太太
you used to be a mountaineer yourself?
你自己过去就是个登山者?
Yes until I became pregnant.
是的,直到我怀孕
And why did you stop then?
为何那时你不爬山了
Why? I couldn't risk it with a son.
为何,我不能冒险失去儿子
Yes of course.
是,当然
Your husband kept climbing after you gave birth?
你生完孩子后你丈夫继续爬山
Yes. He was a guide. It was his job.
是的,他是个向导,这是他的工作
But he was offered other
但是有些不那么危险的
climbing jobs on less dangerous peaks.
登山工作也找过他的
In the Alps for instance.
比如说,阿尔卑斯山
Don't need to answer that. We understand.
不需回答,我们明白的
Tell me about hypoxia.
和我说说组织缺氧
Uh hypoxia is an extreme form
组织缺氧是缺氧的极端状态
of oxygen deprivation prevalent at high altitudes.
在高纬度地区很常见
Thank you. Now isn't one of the potential
谢谢,组织缺氧的一个潜在
side effects of hypoxia hallucinations?
副作用是出现幻觉吗
Potentially.
有这个潜在可能
Mrs. Lambros I put it to you that your husband
兰博斯太太,我认为你的丈夫
was hallucinating on that telephone call.
打电话时出现了幻觉
I put it to you that your husband
我认为你的丈夫
saw what he wished to see
看见了他想看到的
the British team coming to save him.
一支英国队伍来救他
Oh come on.
算了吧
You're kidding me.
你开玩笑吧
I beg your pardon.
对不起你说什么
You really think that Robert Lambros hallucinated
你真的认为罗伯特·兰博斯产生了幻觉
Cardiff taking his oxygen tank?
以为卡迪夫拿走了他的氧气罐
Really? How does that work?
真的吗,怎么做到的
I think my l...
我认为,我的
Your Lordship I...
法官阁下,我
No seriously how does he hallucinate
不,严肃地说,他怎么会出现幻觉
the loss of his oxygen tank?
他没有氧气罐了呢
It was my contention that he
我的观点是最开始
hallucinated its existence in the first place.
他幻觉中以为有氧气罐
If you're going to blame the victim
如果你要怪罪受害者
at least use some better logic.
至少逻辑好一点
Your Lordship I object to the tone that this...
法官阁下,我反对这个腔调这
This what?
这什么
This American lawyer? Is that what you were going to say?
这个美国律师,这就是你要说的吗
Let us take a short break.
短暂休庭
Demure huh?
严肃端庄,呵呵
Change of plans.
计划有变
I think I'm having American Revolution fantasies.
我觉得我开始幻想美国革命
That turned me on.
让我很兴奋
Well I can dress up.
我可以玩角色扮演
I want to take you now.
我想现在就来
Well that might prove difficult.
这倒有点困难
In my bathroom.
去我的洗手间
We have ten minutes.
我们有十分钟
I'll go first.
我先过去
Oh Will we're being watched.
威尔,有人看我们呢
Where is that book? Hmm...
那本书在哪儿呢
To be continued.
未完待续
We can't do that.
我们不能那么做
I know.
我知道
He said it was about Lemond Bishop.
他说是莱蒙德·毕夏普的事
They wanted to make sure none of our billing
他们想确定我们的收入
came from drug money.
没有获益于毒品交易
It's like putting a bull'seye on our back for the IRS.
这就如同在我们背上放个靶给国税局
I know.
我知道
Do you think he's after us?
你认为他是要整咱们吗
Florrick?
福瑞克
I don't know.
我不知道
Glenn Childs was this close to a RICO charge.
格伦·查尔兹差点告咱们诈骗操纵和贿赂
Maybe Florrick's taking up the hunt.
福瑞克说不定接手继续查咱们
You really think he would do that to his wife's firm?
你真的认为他会对老婆所在公司做这种事
I think he's trying to run a clean office.
我认为他想廉洁行政
What if we offer to open up our books
我们把账目公开给
to an independent accounting firm?
一家独立会计事务所怎样
Florrick might just be looking for a gesture like that.
福瑞克要的可能就是这么个姿态
I think if he's serious it's worth a try.
我觉得如果他是认真的,就值得一试
But let's not expose ourselves on a subway platform
但是别把我们自己暴露在大庭广众之下
unless we have to.
除非逼不得已
Well what a colorful and pointless metaphor.
多么生动又无意义的隐喻啊
Thank you.
谢谢
It's the Brits.
都怪英国人
I think I'm picking up their accents.
我觉得我都沾上他们的口音了
I noticed.
我发现了
It really classes up the joint.
档次都上来了
And here's Mr. Gunn meeting outside of his office.
这是甘恩先生在办公室外和人会面
And here... is the SUV license plate.
这儿,是车牌号
Here it is driving away.
这张是车开走了
And here is the occupant.
这张是车上的人
Harold Burke? Yup.
哈罗德·伯克,对,
Exsenator.
前任参议员
Here's a photo of him with his family.
这是他和家人的一张照片
Any whiff of a scandal?
嗅到了丑闻气息了么
Here's the children's nanny.
这是孩子们的保姆
You're kidding.
不会吧
Here's a photo of her leaving work.
这张照片显示她做完工作离开
Here's a photo of Mr. Burke leaving work.
这张是伯克先生离开工作场所
And here is a photo of them...
这张照片是他俩
...at their destination.
在他们的幽会地点,
Nicely done.
干得漂亮
Thanks.
谢谢
How do I know you?
我怎么认识你的
You don't.
你不认识
And yet you look so familiar.
但是你看起来好面熟
I just have one of those faces.
我长了张大众脸
I'll need you again.
我会再找你的
Then invoice.
那就开发票
Hey Grace set the table please.
格蕾丝,摆一下桌子吧
Dad. Yeah?
爸爸,嗯,
Why is Mom doing this?
妈妈为什么要这么做
Doing what?
做什么
Kicking you out.
把你赶出门
We were just getting back to normal.
本来我们都要恢复到平常了
I don't get it.
我不明白
What did your mom tell you?
你妈怎么和你说的
She said that she wanted to make the marriage work
她说她想要维护好婚姻
but it didn't.
但没成功
You don't kick someone out for no reason.
总不会无缘无故就赶人出门啊
I wasn't always good to your mom Zach.
我并没有对你妈妈一直很好,扎克
But that was a long time ago.
但那都是以前的事了
And she stayed.
她却放不下
It wasn't just...
这不仅仅是
There were other things.
还有别的事情
What do you mean?
什么意思
I mean...
我的意思是...
I hurt your mom with other things.
我还做了其他伤害你妈妈的事情
With someone else?
你还和别人有染吗
I think we should just leave it at that.
我觉得我们就谈到这儿吧
Dad there's something wrong with the computer.
爸爸,电脑出了点问题
Okay. Let's have a look.
我们去看看吧
So where are you from Mr. Brannon?
布朗南先生,你从哪里来
I'm sorry where am I from?
抱歉,你是问我从哪里来吗
Yes. County Cork? County Clare?
对,是从科克郡或克莱尔郡来的吗
Tipperary?
还是蒂珀雷里郡呢
Have a bit of an ear for accents.
听出了点儿你的口音
I'm just trying to place your Irish brogue.
想确定你到底是哪儿的爱尔兰口音
County Kerry.
凯里郡的
A bit of the old potato famine emigration was it?
是土豆饥荒时移民的后代,对吧
Well fair play lad.
玩儿的开心,小伙子
And good luck to you me boy.
并祝你好运
What's his anagram?
他名字的变形词是什么
Jams her tush.
"塞满她的犬牙"
There is this inbred deference I have to greater rank.
面对这些高人一等的家伙我只能顺从
Yeah I know. Me too.
我明白,我也一样
Really? You don't seem so.
真的吗,你看起来不像啊
I'm trying very hard to change.
我正努力试图改变这一情况
I'm not welldisposed to change.
我倒是不怎么想改变
No me neither.
我也一样
Mandy Cox.
曼迪·考克斯
I am a music executive working in A&R.
我在A&R部门担任音乐执行工作
Thank you Ms. Cox.
谢谢你,考克斯小姐
And you were intending to summit Everest
你在本事件发生之时
at the same time as the events in question?
正在攀爬珠峰对吧
Yes sir.
是的,先生
It's always been a dream of mine.
攀珠峰一直是我的一个梦想
Everest. My mountain.
珠穆朗玛峰,是属于我的山峰
I've paid two guides over the past two years to get me to the top.
我花钱请了两名领路帮助我登顶
And you observed Mr. Cardiff on the South Col
你在南隘口看到卡迪夫先生了
is that correct? Yes.
对吗,是的
Our Sherpa was injured in an icefall the day before
我们的夏尔巴领路人前一天被冰瀑砸伤了
and Mr. Cardiff was kind enough to share one of his with us
卡迪夫先生很善良地将他的一个领路人
for the final assault.
借给我们帮助登顶
So you made the last assault on Everest with Mr. Cardiff?
那就是说你最后的冲刺是与卡迪夫先生一起的吗
My goodness that was not mentioned in Mr. Lambros's book.
兰博斯先生的书里可没提到这点啊
There were a lot of things not in Danny's book.
丹尼的书里很多都没有提到
Many of us in the climbing community
我们登山团队里的很多人
were outraged at the many distortions.
都对一些扭曲事实的描述很愤怒
Did you ever see Mr. Cardiff step over a body
你看到过卡迪夫先生踏过一具尸体
or take anyone's oxygen tank?
或是拿走别人的氧气罐吗
Of course not. As far as I could tell
当然没有,就我所知
he was the perfect gentleman.
他是名完美的绅士
Thank you Ms. Cox.
谢谢你,考克斯小姐
Ms. Cox were you sleeping with Mr. Cardiff at base camp?
考克斯小姐,你在营地和卡迪夫先生发生关系了吗
If I may interrupt. I might suggest to my learned colleague
容我打断,我认为这些如同
that these News of the World type smear tactics
世界新闻报般的诽谤战术
are beneath the dignity of the court.
有损法庭尊严
I would tend to agree Mrs. Florrick.
我同意,福瑞克夫人
I'm sorry.
很抱歉
Please move on.
请继续
We need to find another way to shake her.
我们得找到另一个打击她信誉度的方法
Yes but unfortunately the judge agreed with her.
是的,但不幸的是,法官相信她
I know. Where's Kalinda?
我知道,凯琳达在哪儿
This is my associate Kalinda Sharma.
这是我的同事,凯琳达·夏尔马
She's been helping me prepare for this meeting.
她帮助我筹备这次会议
And these are my associates.
这些是我的同事
I don't know their names but they're very expensive.
我不知道他们的名字,但他们价码很高
So let's hear it Eli.
我洗耳恭听,伊莱
Threeday plan.
计划分三步走
Day one I meet your candidate.
第一步,我与你的候选人见面
I tell him that scandals are owned by the first man in.
告诉他丑闻由首先介入的人拥有
Breitbart owned the Weiner scandal.
布雷巴特就拥有维纳的丑闻
If Weiner had released those tweets with his spin
如果维纳把那些推文和他的团队看了
he would still be in office today.
他现在应该还在政坛
Day two I don't ask your candidate to tell me everything
第二步,我不用你的候选人告诉我所有事情
because candidates lie.
因为候选人总是说谎的
I'm falling asleep here Eli.
伊莱,我要睡着了
But I do tell him we have to get the nanny's story straight
但我会告诉他我们已经掌握了保姆丑闻了
so that she doesn't hop off to The National Enquirer.
这样她就不会向爆料了
Day three we acknowledge there is some entertainment value
第三步,我们承认这三个孩子的父亲和保姆睡觉
in a father of three sleeping with his nanny.
确实有些娱乐价值
And the goal is not to smother that value but to harness it.
目标不是扼杀全部价值,而是利用好
That's very interesting. Thank you.
这很有意思,谢谢你,
Only problem is it ain't Burke.
唯一的问题是,候选人不是伯克
Burke asked me to run his campaign but I said no.
伯克邀请我协助他的竞选,我拒绝了
And that's what you saw when you accidentally followed me.
这就是你无意间跟踪我时所看到的
You're lying.
你在撒谎
No I'm not.
不,我没有
And here's the thing come on you follow any candidate
事实是,你跟踪任何候选人
you're gonna find a nanny a hooker
都会发现一个与其有染的保姆或是妓女
a mistress or an intern.
情妇或是实习生
But thanks for the pitch buddy.
但兄弟,谢谢你的努力
I'll see ya.
以后再见吧
Give me one more chance.
再给我一次机会
I'm deciding Monday.
我周一决定
There are no other candidates.
没有别的候选人了
I checked.
我查过的
They all have strategists already.
他们都已经有策略分析家了
Unless we go local.
除非是本地的候选人
Nah nah he's a national kind of guy.
不,他只跟进全国竞选
He may have gone with someone new
他可能在为一个新人工作
but why pick a rotten apple from the tree?
但为什么不捡个好果子呢
Maybe it's a celebrity.
或许是个明星
No. I can't see him tolerating that.
不,他肯定受不了那些人
What?
怎么了
I get it.
我明白了
He's flipping sides.
他变换阵营了
It's a Republican.
是个共和党人
He wanted to play in the presidential primaries.
他想在总统预选里大显身手
I'm on it.
我马上去查
Mazel tov.
祝你好运
Thank you for returning Ms. Cox. No problem.
考克斯小姐,感谢你回来,没关系,
Before you went on your climb to Everest
在你去攀登珠峰之前
did you have any surgery performed?
你做过什么手术吗
No.
没有
What do you mean?
你是什么意思
I mean did you have any surgery performed?
我的意思是你做过什么手术吗
No.
没有
What do you mean like an appendix out? No.
你是指类似切除阑尾吗,没有
Or LASIK surgery?
做过激光矫正术吗
Oh. Yeah.
是的
No II thought you meant
我还以为你指的是
like major surgery.
大型手术
Yeah LASIK.
是做过激光矫正术
That was a while ago.
有段日子了
I had contacts for farsightedness
我有远视隐形眼镜
and I didn't want to deal with them on the mountain.
但我不想在山上的时候用它们
Good.
好的
And did you know that LASIK reacts poorly
你知道激光矫正术在
to decreased atmospheric pressure?
较低大气压力下作用很小吗
I...
我...
I don't...
我不...
What are you asking?
你想问什么
I'm asking if you knew that.
我在问,你知道这一点吗
No.
不知道
The vision of LASIK patients
激光矫正术的患者的视力
becomes blurry at high altitudes in the weeks following surgery
由于低大气压的影响
due to decreased atmospheric pressure.
术后数周内在高海拔地区都是模糊的
Was your vision blurry Ms. Cox? No.
你当时视力模糊吗,考克斯小姐,不模糊,
Isn't that why you had Mr. Cardiff's Sherpa carry you
这就是你让卡迪夫的领路人扶着你走完
the last thousand feet up Everest?
最后登顶珠峰的几千英尺距离的原因吗
That's a lie.
这不是真的
People keep saying that but I wasn't carried.
人们都这么说,但我不是被扶上去的
Your Lordship this is a sworn affidavit from
法官大人,这是一份发过誓的宣誓书表格
Tenji Gelu the Sherpa in question.
滕吉·格鲁,接受质询的夏尔巴指路人
Now he swears that Ms. Cox had blurry vision
他发誓说考克斯小姐当时视力模糊
and could not have seen
无法看清
any of the events in question.
被质疑问题中的任何事件
He's lying.
他在撒谎
He was always lying.
他总是撒谎
He hated me because I accused him
他讨厌我,因为我曾指责他
of stealing my satellite phone.
偷了我的卫星电话
Your Lordship given the circumstances
法官阁下,在此情况下
we ask that Ms. Cox be removed
我们要求从原告证人名单上
from the claimant's witness list.
划去考克斯小姐的名字
I would regretfully agree.
很遗憾,但我赞同
I got it.
让我来吧
Oh no that's okay.
不用,我没事
Mom I got it.
妈妈,我来吧
Are you okay?
你没事吧
What because I'm cleaning?
怎么了,就因为我要洗碗吗
Yes.
是的
You have work.
你还有工作
I thought I'd let you do it.
我觉得应该让你去工作
Oh you are so adorable.
你太可爱了
Oh come on.
快过来
You know it's gonna happen so just let it happen.
躲不掉的,来吧
Mm. Good. Thank you.
好孩子,谢谢你
How's Dad?
爸爸过得怎样
He's good.
挺好的
Are you good with him?
你和他处得好吗
Am I?
我吗
Mmhmm. Yeah.
对,不错,
I mean you know.
也就那样吧
What?
怎么了
Do you think I'm like him?
你觉得我像他吗
Do I think you are?
在问我吗
No.
不像
Really?
真的吗
You're different.
你跟他不一样
Very different.
很不一样
Why?
怎么了
I just wanted to know.
我只是想知道
I'll get it.
我去开门
Diane.
戴安
Yes.
是我
I'm sorry Alicia. I'm here...um...
抱歉,艾丽西娅,我来是...
I'm trying to get in touch with Peter
我一直在打电话联系彼得
and the office said he was at home.
他办公室里的人说他回家了
Uh well no he'she's not here.
不,他...他不在这里
I'm so sorry Alicia.
很抱歉,艾丽西娅
I would I would never do this to you
我绝不会再这么做了
but do you have a minute?
但你现在有空聊几句吗
We're competing with two other law firms
我们正在和另两家律所竞争
for the state's attorney civil business.
争取获得州检察官的民事案代理
It would be very lucrative as you know.
你知道的,这非常有赚头
But Peter's asked that we be audited
但彼得要求我们必须接受
by the Department of Taxation.
税务部门的审计
And that well that would be quite invasive.
而这样显然侵害了我们的利益
Grace I'll be there in a minute.
格蕾斯,我等一下就过来
How old?
她多大了
Fourteen.
十四岁
That's a sweet age.
花一样的年纪啊
Anyway II suggested to the state's attorney
总之,我向州检察官建议
that we use an independent auditor
我们聘用独立审计师
but he insisted on a departmental audit.
但他坚持要由税务部门审计
And that would open up our books
这样做不禁令人担忧
in an alarming way.
我们的账目就一目了然了
Um I'm not sure I...
我不确定...
I checked with the two other law firms under consideration
我调查了那两家考虑在内的律所
and they have not been asked to do the same.
他们还没有被要求这么做
So I was wondering
所以我很好奇
is there something I should know
是不是有什么我该了解的隐情呢
about why Peter's only asking us?
为什么彼得只要求我们这样做
Diane I've worked hard
戴安,我很努力地
to keep my home life separate from my work life.
把家庭生活和工作生活区分开
I know and I respect that.
我知道,对此我表示尊重
But I need to know if Peter is doing the same.
不过我想知道是否彼得也这么做了
I don't know how to answer that.
我不知道该怎么回答
Well let me ask you this.
那我这么问吧
If you were assisting me in this decision
要是你帮我下这个决定
how would you advise?
你有什么建议吗
Agree to the audit or not?
同意交由审计部门还是不同意
I would advise you not to.
我建议你不要同意
Uh you really have a very lovely apartment Alicia.
你的公寓非常温馨,艾丽西娅
Thank you.
谢谢
Take two.
成对了
Morning.
早上好
So let's hear what you got.
让我们来听听你查到了什么
Actually Ms. Sharma and I discussed it
事实上,我和夏尔马小姐讨论过了
and we've decided to pass on your polite offer to pitch.
我们决定把你这好心的提议让给别人
But thank you.
但还是感谢你
You're kidding me right?
你在开玩笑,对吧
Nope. But thanks.
没有,但谢了
I mean what the hell is that?
我说,这到底算什么事
Don't you think you could've told me that over the phone?
你不能在电话里和我说吗
I could've but that would've taken up less of your time.
我能,不过那样做会节约你很多时间
Go to hell.
见鬼去吧
What's going on?
发生了什么事
I don't like being used.
我不喜欢被利用
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
How did I use you?
我怎么利用你了
You're considering joining a Republican presidential campaign.
你想加入共和党人的总统竞选团队
No comment. But the guy's too clean.
无可奉告,但那个人完全没有污点,
You can't find a single thing wrong with him.
你从他身上找不到一点毛病
He's too good to be true.
他好得令人难以置信
I don't know who you're talking about.
我不知道你说的是谁
Okay.
好吧
And?
接着呢
And you didn't have the money to vet him
但你没有钱去调查他
so you hinted that you wanted to hire me
所以你暗示想雇用我
so I would vet him for you.
然后让我替你去调查
Poor man's crawfishing.
就像穷人抓龙虾那样
You let the tourist set the bacon trap
你让别人设下诱人的陷阱
and then you go in and raid them.
而你只需做收尾工作就行了
Yeah Mickey uh tell me the last time
好了米奇,你自己说说
you were in the bayou.
你什么时候做过老实人
So cut the Trapper John crap okay?
所以别再说设陷阱这种废话了,好吗
Oh you going to offend me now?
你是在惹我生气吗
Oh yeah. I'm just getting started.
是的,我才刚要开始
Okay.
好吧
What did you find out?
你发现了什么
No. Come on.
不告诉你,别这样,
I'll hire you.
我会雇你的
No here's how it works.
不要,这件事该这么做
You first offer your services to your Republican
你先争取那个共和党人,让他雇佣你
then you hire me.
然后再来聘用我
I already did. He hired me.
我已经成功了,他雇了我
Nope. He's had two meetings
没有,他和他见过两次
but he hasn't jumped yet.
但他还没有加入阵营
Go get hired.
去争取到聘用
And you'll work for a Republican?
你要为一个共和党人工作了吗
I don't mind this guy. He's not bad.
我不介意,他这人还不坏
Okay.
好吧
I'll call you tomorrow.
我明天给你打电话
No hard feelings right?
你不记仇吧
Go. Hey. It's business.
快走,这只是桩生意,
Go! All right. I'll see you.
走,好的,下次见,
I'll be calling on you again.
我会再找你的
It's your dime.
只要你给钱,我随时恭候
Mr. Cardiff good evening.
卡迪夫先生,晚上好
Actually good morning.
应该是早上好
Yes.
是的
Of course. Good morning.
当然,早上好
A year before you climbed Everest Mr. Cardiff
在你登珠穆朗玛峰的前一年,卡迪夫先生
you successfully summited the Trango Towers in Pakistan.
你曾成功登顶巴基斯坦的川口塔峰群
Is that correct?
有这件事吗
Trango II to be exact.
准确地说是川口二峰
Trango II.
川口二峰
You came upon a team
你在那次登山中
of Japanese mountaineers during that climb did you not?
跟着一队日本登山员,对吗
Let's see. It's uh... it's been so long.
让我想想,时隔太久了
In fact you not only came upon them
实际上,你不仅跟着他们
you took the ropes and pitons
你还从一名濒死的日本登山客身上
from a dying Japanese climber.
取走了绳索和岩钉
If I may quickly ask my learned colleague
我想问一下这位知识渊博的对方律师
to which materials he is referring here.
他究竟有什么材料作为根据
The book Only in May the account
这本书,《只在五月》
of a French climbing expedition to the Trango Towers.
记载了一支法国探险队在川口岩壁的历程
Yes that was my worry.
果然不出我所料
Your Lordship Mr. Cardiff previously brought suit
法官阁下,卡迪夫先生之前已经
brought successful suit
对这本书的出版商提起了诉讼
against the publisher of that very book.
并且胜诉了
It has been deemed libelous and therefore
这本书已经被裁定具有诽谤性质
cannot be mentioned in these proceedings.
因此在这里不应被提及
Well then let me ask you this.
好吧,那我再问你一个问题
In that expedition
在那次探险中
the one that I was just talking about...
就是我刚才提到的这个...
Apologies for interrupting again Your Lordship
抱歉再次打断,法官阁下
but as part of the successful suit against the aforementioned book
不过这也是针对前述这本书的裁定的一部分
Mr. Cardiff instigated a superinjunction
卡迪夫先生已经申请了强制令
which of course means not only are we prevented
这就意味着
from discussing the book here
我们不仅不能在这里讨论这本书
we are prevented from even discussing
甚至不能讨论
the supposed events alluded to in that book.
书中所影射的那些事件
Oh come on.
得了吧
Even the request by my learned colleague here
甚至是对方律师刚才的请求
must be stricken from the record.
也该从法庭记录中删去
It is as if the book and its events
这本书,以及与书有关的事件
and even events questioning the events never happened.
以及提到这些事件的事件,都应视作从未发生
Unless of course
当然了,除非这些事情
it's discussed in the English press Your Lordship.
在英国媒体上已经被热烈讨论了,法官阁下
Yes and we would ask for a superinjunction
正是,因此我们请求法庭发布强制令
to prevent the mention of the superinjunction.
禁止提及之前的强制令
Only in England.
英国特色啊
Look I'm sorry but that is not necessary.
我很抱歉,那些完全没必要的
We need to get that book in.
我们必须提及那本书
The climb to Trango Towers.
川口岩壁的那次攀登
It shows a pattern of abuse.
这能证明他一贯的恶行
Where are you going?
你上哪儿去
I have an idea.
我有办法了
No there's nothing there. I... what am I looking for?
里面什么都没有,要我看什么
I don't understand what the purpose of this whole page is.
我不明白这一整页说的是什么
Eli you still have your geek squad together right?
伊莱,你的网络水军还在吧
Well hello Alicia. How are you?
你好,艾丽西娅,你好吗
You still have your Internet trolls who tweet anonymously?
你那些匿名发推特的网络水军还在吗
Yeah. Why? What do you need?
是的,怎么了,你要干什么
I need some tweeting.
我要发一些推特
The tweeting fairies did their work during the night.
水军大神们昨晚干得不错啊
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不明白你在说些什么
100000 tweet followers Your Lordship.
十万个推特收听者,法官阁下,
The superinjunction and Mr. Cardiff's actions
那条禁制令和卡迪夫先生的所作所为
are now a matter of discussion in the English press.
已经成为英国媒体热议的对象了
This is an obscenity Your Lordship.
这是极其下流的举动,法官阁下
In this morning's Chronicle:
这是今天头条
"What did Oliver Cardiff do on the slopes of Trango II?"
奥利佛·卡迪夫在川口二峰上把绳索怎么了,
Your Lordship where is the respect for our laws
法官阁下,要是那些有电脑和推特账户的小流氓
when any young thug with a computer and a Twitter account
都能令法院的禁制令无效
can circumvent a lawful injunction...
那么法律的尊严何在
I'm sorry Mr. Thrush
对不起,萨什先生
but I haven't finished.
我还没说完
Yes.
正是
Please continue Mr. Brannon.
请继续说,布朗南先生
The subject of Mr. Cardiff's actions
卡迪夫先生在巴基斯坦
during his Pakistani climbing expedition
攀登探险期间的所作所为
are now a subject of concern
正被英国媒体
in the English press Your Lordship.
热烈报道,法官阁下
Therefore I do not need
因此,我并不需要
the manuscript of Only in May
《只在五月》这本书的原稿
in order to ask these questions.
作为我问题的佐证
We still believe the stricture
我们认为禁制令的限制仍然有效
of the superinjunction applies Your Lordship.
法官大人
I did nothing wrong.
我没做错什么
You didn't take the rope and climbing gear
在川口二峰,难道你没有从日本登山队那里
from the Japanese team on Trango Tower Trango II?
拿走绳索和攀岩工具
I did nothing wrong.
我没做错什么
Then why did the French team say they found you
那为什么法国探险队说
with the Japanese pitons?
他们看见你拿着日本岩钉
We do not use pitons.
我们根本不用岩钉
We're clean climbers.
我们有环保意识
We use chockstones and quickdraws.
我们用的是楔子和快扣
Yes which you took from a Japanese climber.
没错,都是你从日本登山者那里夺来的
He was dying.
他都快死了
The hypocrisy here is amazing.
你们居然这般虚伪
You Danny
你,丹尼
you were on K2 when a Korean climber died.
在乔戈里峰上,你看到一个濒死的韩国登山者
I know for a personal fact
我知道你出于一己之私
you passed him on the way to the summit.
你无视了他,直奔顶峰
That was different.
那不一样
How was that different?
有什么不同
Because he wasn't your brother?
只因为他不是你哥哥?
He froze to death and you left him.
他被冻得快要死了,而你却弃他而去
I left him. Every climber left him.
我也抛弃了他,所有登山者都抛弃了他
And why?
为什么
Because we would have died carrying him down.
因为要是背着他,我们都得死
It is the law of the death zone.
这就是死亡地带的法则
We all know we can't be carried out.
我们都知道别人不会来背自己
And so you did it on Everest.
这正是你在珠峰上所做的
The events as described in Danny's book are a lie.
丹尼书中所写的是一个谎言
Even though you passed a dying Robert Lambros on Everest?
尽管你在珠峰上对濒死的罗伯特·兰博斯见死不救?
The book as told is a lie.
如我所说,这本书是个谎言
Mr. Cardliff are you planning another climbing expedition?
卡迪夫先生,你是不是在策划新的攀登探险
Yes.
是的
When?
什么时候
Don't answer that.
别回答
Patagonia in one month.
巴塔哥尼亚,一个月内
Your Lordship there is qualified privilege
法官阁下,这里的受约制特权
as an exception to our libel laws.
是我们诽谤法体系中的特例
And what is that Mr. Brannon?
此话怎讲,布朗南先生
When they are a warning.
当他们具有警示作用时
Mr. Cardiff has demonstrated a predisposition
卡迪夫先生在高海拔地区会无视濒死的登山者
for bypassing stranded climbers at altitude.
这一癖性已经表露无遗
Now if this book is a warning to climbers in the future
如果这本书能够警示今后的登山者
then it is no longer held to the same burden of proof
那么它就不必照诽谤法所说
maintained by our libel laws.
担负起证实自己真实性的责任
I therefore ask that this suit be dismissed
因为本书具有警示作用
because this book Your Lordship is a warning.
故我向您法官阁下提出撤销诉讼
Your Lordship that is a strange interpretation of the law.
法官阁下,这是曲解法律
No Mr. Thrush. I'm sorry.
不,萨什先生,抱歉
I don't think it's a strange interpretation of the law at all.
我完全不认为这是曲解
In fact it seems right.
事实上这看上去很有道理
We would agree with Mr. Brannon
法庭赞同布朗南先生的意见
and therefore dismiss the suit in letter rogatory.
同时撤销本案的调查委托书
Oh. Uh apologies Your Lordship.
哦,我向您道歉,法官阁下
Thank you. Seriously.
说真的,谢谢你
It's been a pleasure.
合作愉快
So you decided against an audit.
那么你决定拒绝审计
Smart.
明智之举
Have Alicia and her husband separated?
艾丽西娅是不是和她丈夫分居了
Is it any of our business?
关我们什么事
If there is blowback on our firm
要是我们律所因此受报复
then yes it is our business.
那么当然有我们的事
Is there blowback on our firm?
我们律所受到报复了吗
Will.
威尔
This is my life.
这是我一生的心血
It's yours too.
也是你的
Have Alicia and her husband separated?
艾丽西娅有没有和她丈夫分居
Ask her.
你去问她
We can't be the enemy of the State's Attorney.
我们不能得罪州检察官
We're not. He wanted to audit us.
我们没得罪他,他想审计我们,
Because he wants to run a clean office.
因为他想确保他的办公室廉洁
This is crazy.
真是疯狂
She's supposed to work for us.
她本该为我们工作
If she's working against we should let her go.
要是她的存在反而不利于我们,她就得走人
She's not.
她没有
But if she is?
但如果有呢
Then... we'll let her go.
那我们就让她走人
If she works against us we are letting her go.
要是她的存在反而不利于我们,她就得走人
I can hold you to that?
我能在这一点上相信你吗
Yes.
绝对

重点单词   查看全部解释    
campaign [kæm'pein]

想一想再看

n. 运动,活动,战役,竞选运动
v. 从事运

联想记忆
appropriate [ə'prəupriət]

想一想再看

adj. 适当的,相称的
vt. 拨出(款项)

联想记忆
gear [giə]

想一想再看

n. 齿轮,传动装置,设备,工具
v. 使适应

联想记忆
documentary [.dɔkju'mentəri]

想一想再看

adj. 文献的
n. 纪录片

 
trial ['traiəl]

想一想再看

adj. 尝试性的; 审讯的
n. 尝试,努力

 
intended [in'tendid]

想一想再看

adj. 故意的,有意的;打算中的 n. 已订婚者 v.

联想记忆
prevent [pri'vent]

想一想再看

v. 预防,防止

联想记忆
anagram ['ænəgræm]

想一想再看

n. 变位词,字谜游戏

联想记忆
emigration [.emi'greiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 移民

 
colleague ['kɔli:g]

想一想再看

n. 同事

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。