手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《傲骨贤妻》 > 傲骨贤妻第二季 > 正文

傲骨贤妻第二季(MP3+中英字幕):第14集 男朋友出了点小意外

来源:可可英语 编辑:clover   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Previously on the Good Wife,

《傲骨贤妻》前情提要
I need something on a Dr. Randall Booth,
我想调查一下布思医生
We need to kneecap him.
我们得给他点教训
He was beaten with a baseball bat. What?
袭击他的凶器是一根球棒,什么
And your fingerprints were found at the scene.
犯罪现场找到了你的指纹
So what'd you do with my bat?
你怎么处理我的球棒了
I took it.
我拿了
Blake Calamar.
布莱克·卡拉马尔
When he wasn't protecting Bond & Associate interests,
当他不为邦德律所效劳时
he was out protecting Baltimore's biggest meth gang.
他就在保护巴尔的摩最大的贩毒黑帮
If I were you, I'd be careful.
如果我是你,我会小心从事
So it is 76 degrees.
这里是摄氏24度
How nice for you.
你太爽了
Here, it's a balmy ten degrees,
我这里零下12度,清爽怡人
but it's going to get chilly tonight.
不过今晚降温就很冷了
So, anyway,
是这样
I was supposed to fly in today for these depositions,
本来我今天应该飞过去取证
but O'Hare is all messed up.
但芝加哥奥黑尔机场现在一片混乱
I just need you to carry the ball--
我需要你承担起来
all routine depositions, nothing contentious.
承担所有常规取证,没有争议的部分
Sure. What's the case?
行,是个什么案子
Patric Edelstein.
帕特里克·艾德斯坦
Get Will.
把威尔找来
You know Sleuthway.Com?
你知道Sleuthway.com吧
Uh, yes, I do.
是的,我知道
Kid's a billionaire,
那孩子是个亿万富翁
a Mark Zuckerberg in the making.
又一个马克·扎克伯格
$4.2 billion in assets.
资产多达42亿
Have you been following what's going on with this movie?
你知道那部电影最近的事吗
The one about him?
关于他的那部电影?
Yes, he says it's untrue.
对,他说那是不真实的
It is untrue and defamatory, and he wants to sue.
假的,而且诽谤了他,他要起诉
He knows how hard it is to prove defamation?
他知道要证明诽谤有多难吗
He does.
他知道
He's suing because he wants the world to know he's suing.
他起诉是因为他想让全世界知道他在起诉
So, what, it's a crusade?
那这算什么,一场圣战?
Mm, $3.2 million in billable hours,
计费工时有320万美元
a very lucrative one.
非常可观哦
This is a new side of you.
真没看出来你有这么一面
You used to be into Guantanamo detainees.
你以前很关心关塔纳摩囚犯
Yeah, that was before alimony.
对,那是在我需要付赡养费之前
Patric Edelstein?
帕特里克·艾德斯坦?
Yes, but she only wants to rent us for the week.
是的,但她只想用我们一个星期
So I don't get it.
我就不明白了
He's in Silicon Valley, the studio's in L.A.,
他在硅谷,那个制片厂在洛杉矶
and the depos are here?
却在这里取证?
Viola is forum-shopping.
维奥拉择地行诉
Illinois is friendlier to defamation.
伊利诺伊对诽谤罪比较支持
It's not friendly enough.
还不够支持
We lost the Duke Rosco case last year.
去年我们输了杜克·罗斯科的案子
But that's why she thought of us.
所以她才考虑找我们
We were the ones who got the closest.
我们离成功只有一步之遥
Who was the associate on the Rosco case?
负责罗斯科案子的律师是谁
Cary.
凯里
Alicia, too, I think.
艾丽西娅也参加了,我记得
I'll get her on it and we'll talk later.
我会安排她来做,回头咱们再谈
By the way,
顺便说一下
I'm thinking of bringing him back.
我考虑请他回来
Cary. Really, how's that work?
凯里,当真,那行得通吗
He's burned a few too many bridges, hasn't he?
他把很多事做得太绝了吧?
Repairable bridges, I would think.
依我看,裂痕可以修复
Some bridges aren't so easily repaired.
有些裂痕没那么容易修复
Let's not fight, dear. Let me think about it.
咱们别争了,我再想想
Alicia, hey.
艾丽西娅
Uh, sorry to bother you at lunch,
不好意思打扰你吃午饭了
but something pretty big came up.
不过有件大事
Can you come by my office when you get back?
你回来时来一下我办公室好吗
Um, Will, I'm not at lunch.
威尔,我没在吃午饭
Someone's in trouble.
有人有麻烦咯
I'm so sorry.
抱歉
You're gone.
你出远门了
I completely forgot. No, no.
我完全忘了,不,不
Uh, it's just a week. I'll be back Monday.
我就休一周,星期一就回来
Was there something you needed?
有什么需要帮忙的吗
Uh, nothing, some defamation suit--
没什么,有个诽谤案
same as the Duke Rosco case last year.
和去年的杜克·罗斯科案子有点相似
Don't worry, I got it.
别担心,我能搞定
Have fun. Where are you again?
玩得开心,你现在在哪里
Well, right now Oregon, but it's not for fun.
现在在俄勒冈,不过没什么好玩的
Hey.
这是什么话
I'm helping my brother move to Chicago,
我在帮我弟弟搬家到芝加哥
so if you need anything, I...
如果你需要帮忙的话,我
Hello?
还在吗
What do you mean,
你这话什么意思
it is not for fun?
没什么好玩的?
I was talking to work.
我在谈工作
Will, Will Gardner-- that name again,
威尔·加德纳,又是这个人
like a guilty little computer
好像一个罪恶的小计算机
churning out the same name, "Will, Will, Will."
不断地喊着,威尔,威尔,威尔
He's my boss. Oh, I know.
他是我老板,我知道
The sultry-eyed Will.
灼眼之威尔
He does not have sultry eyes.
他没有灼眼
What are sultry eyes, anyway?
对了,灼眼是什么意思
Oh, that's it,
原来是这样
you caught him exactly.
你模仿得很传神
Hey,
Look, first state. You know,
看,第一个州,知道吗
you're getting less and less subtle changing your subjects.
你转移话题的本事越来越差劲了
I think we should take a minute
我想我们花点时间
and talk about this Will some more.
好好谈谈这个威尔
You going to miss Kevin?
你想凯文了吗
Nope.
没有
I like new beginnings.
我喜欢新的开始
But I did like Oregon.
不过我挺喜欢俄勒冈
Why is it that all your music is gospel?
你的音乐怎么都是福音歌
Come on.
来吧
Come on!
来吧
Mr. Edelstein?
艾德斯坦先生?
Mr. Edelstein, are you with us?
艾德斯坦先生,你在听吗
Yes. Sorry. What was the question?
听到了,问题是什么
You were in the midst of discussing damages.
现在正在讨论损失问题
Actually, I think he was in the midst
事实上,我认为
of discussing the emotional toll.
在讨论的是情感创伤
Yes, this movie--
对,这部电影
it shows me creating my Web site so that I could pick up girls,
它宣称我创建网站是为了泡妞
despite the fact that I was engaged to be married
而无视我已经订婚
and had no interest in picking up girls.
并无意泡妞的事实
It shows several of my friends
它描述说我的好些朋友
referring to me as a creep and a jerk,
都把我看成又蠢又怪的人
despite the fact these friends were inventions,
尽管这些朋友都是虚构的
and what's worse, it shows me... being a creep and a jerk.
更糟的是,它让我显得像是个又蠢又怪的人
It would have been one thing if I was
如果我是个政客,或是什么名人
a politician or a celebrity.
那还好些
Then people have other portrayals and articles
那样的话还有其他的描述和文章
to compare it to, but they don't.
可以供人们对照,可是没有
They have this movie and they think it's true.
人们只看到这部电影,认为它就是真的
Are you saying that you are not a public figure, Mr. Edelstein?
你是说,你不是公众人物吗,艾德斯坦先生
I think that's exactly...
我认为其实是
Shall we let Mr. Edelstein answer?
能不能让艾德斯坦先生自己回答
Look, I know the legal point here.
我懂这里的法律关系
If I'm not a public figure, then my lawyers
如果我不是知名人士,那么
only need to prove negligence, not malice.
我的律师只要证明过失,而不是恶意
Ah. I've been reading the law.
我读过法律
It doesn't make as much sense as code,
没编程那么有意思
but I get it.
不过我懂
I'm a 25-year-old computer programmer.
我是一个25岁的程序员
I've never sought the spotlight.
从未寻求公众的关注
I don't want anything but to do my job.
只想把自己的事做好
I'm not a public figure and, uh, I don't want to be one.
我不是公众人物,也不想成为公众人物
I sympathize, Mr. Edelstein, I do,
我很同情你,艾德斯坦先生,真的
but this is a movie.
但这是个电影
It doesn't pretend to be a documentary.
并没有自称是纪录片
It is an imaginative recreation of events.
这是艺术加工
Well, then they should have made up a name.
那他们就该用虚构的名字
They shouldn't have used mine.
就不应该用我的名字
You're good.
你很棒
Thanks.
谢谢
When do you want me back?
要我什么时候回来
Actually, that's it, we're done.
其实就这些了,你的取证已经结束了
No, the rest of the depositions. Mr. Edelstein,
不,其他的取证,艾德斯坦先生
these depositions are pretty boring
这些取证很无聊
and they'll take the whole week.
要花一整个星期的时间
You know, my mom got a call last week
知道吗,上周我妈妈接到
from my eighth grade teacher.
我八年级老师打来的电话
I loved my eighth grade teacher-Mrs. Hart.
我很喜欢她,哈特太太
She said she just saw the movie and was worried
她说她刚看了这部电影,很担心
that money was turning me into a jerk.
钱把我变成个浑小子
I don't get those calls.
我不接这种电话
My mom does.
我妈接
I'll be here this whole week because this matters to me.
我这一周都会出席,因为这对我很重要
Be back at 2:00.
两点钟回来
Won't work to argue that he's a private figure, will it?
不用证明他不是公众人物吧
No, it doesn't matter that he didn't pursue the public eye.
他是否寻求公众关注并不要紧
The public eye pursued him, so he's a public figure.
公众关注他,他就是公众人物
They can pretty much write anything they want about him.
他们想怎么写他就怎么写
It's too bad.
太糟了
I like him.
我喜欢他
Cary, what's up?
凯里,怎么了
Ms. Sharma.
夏尔马小姐
Ms. Sharma, thanks for coming by.
夏尔马小姐,谢谢你过来
I'm Andrew Wiley; I've been put in charge of the investigation.
我是安德鲁·怀利,我负责本次调查
I just have a few questions for you.
有几个问题要问你
Uh, what investigation?
什么调查
The beating of Dr. Booth,
布思医生遭袭击一案
a Wisconsin psychiatrist who was testifying
去年在洛克哈特&加德纳律所案中
in a Lockhart/Gardner trial last year.
作证的一个威斯康星的精神病医生
Do you have a moment?
你有时间吗
Sure, I have several moments.
当然,我有的是时间
Good. Dr. Booth woke from his coma.
好极了,布思医生从昏迷中醒来了
Unfortunately, the person who beat him wore a mask,
不幸的是,打他的人戴了面具
so Dr. Booth couldn't identify him.
所以布思医生认不出他
Or her.
或者是她
I understand that,
我了解到
that you were there the morning of the beating.
他被打的那天早上你去过那里
That's how your fingerprints wound up on the glass on his desk.
所以你的指纹会出现在他桌上的杯子上
That's right.
说得对
Yeah, see, the odd thing is,
瞧,奇怪的是
Dr. Booth has no memory of your being there.
布思医生根本不记得你去过那里
Right. We thought that might be from his coma.
对,我们认为可能是因为他昏迷了
So what did you ask him?
你问了他什么
I mean, when you went to see Dr. Booth, what did you ask him?
你去看布思医生时,你问了他什么
I asked him if he stood by his testimony
我问他是否仍然认可他的证词
and then I asked him details to see if his testimony held up.
还问了些细节问题看他的证词是否站得住脚
See, just one last thing.
还有最后一件事
Sorry.
抱歉
It's the nanny's day off, isn't it?
保姆放假了啊
Just, um, one last, uh, thing.
只有,呃,最后一件事
It's a bit odd.
有点奇怪
Your fingerprints were on this glass,
你的指纹留在了这个玻璃杯上
but, uh, th-they weren't anywhere else.
但是别处都没有你的指纹
I mean, they weren't on the doorknobs,
我是说,门把手上没有
they weren't on the chair arms or the desktop,
椅子扶手,桌面上,都没有
but just on this glass.
只在这个玻璃杯上
Mm. That is odd.
嗯,的确奇怪
I wonder how that might've happened--
我真的很奇怪
me leaving my fingerprints on just one place.
我只把我的指纹留在了一个玻璃杯上
Well, thank you for coming in, Ms. Sharma.
谢谢你过来这一趟,夏尔马小姐
We'll phone you if we have anything else.
有其他事我们会给你打电话的
Actually, just one last thing.
实际上,还有最后一件事
That's two last things.
这都两件最后一件事了
Yeah, one last thing after the first last thing.
这件事在刚才的最后一件事后面
Uh, did you bring the glass with you?
这个杯子是你自带的吗
Did I bring it with me?
杯子是我自带的?
Yeah, to the doctor's office?
对,带到了医生的办公室?
See, Dr. Booth owned a set but not this one.
布思医生有一组杯子但不包括这个
This is a Riedel H2O long drink glass.
这是个里德尔H2O长款饮水杯
Dr. Booth didn't own any of those,
布思医生没有这样的杯子
but I checked with the Lockhart/Gardner & Bond purchasing invoices,
但我查看了洛克哈特&加德纳律所的采购清单
and they did.
他们有
That is odd.
的确奇怪
Any more last things?
还有别的最后一件事吗
Thank you for coming by.
谢谢你过来这一趟
My pleasure.
不客气
Cary.
凯里
Why didn't you tell me about the glass?
你怎么没和我说杯子的事
Cary, thank you for this job.
凯里,谢谢你给我这份工作
I'm enjoying it, I am enjoying getting out of the house.
我很享受,很享受离开家工作的感觉
Don't you ever do that again.
下次不许像刚才那样拆我台了
Yeah, she's not a suspect.
她又不是嫌疑犯
The more you try and help her, the more she is.
你帮她就是越描越黑
Mr. Calamar.
卡拉马尔先生
Hey. Andrew Wiley. Hi.
你好,安德鲁·怀利,你好
You want to come with me?
你和我一起走吗
Yeah, sure.
当然
Legally, there was no reckless disregard for the truth.
法律上来说,我们并没有鲁莽地无视真相
Yes, you said that five times.
这话你都说了五遍了
Now, your studio's movie had a scene
你们制片厂的电影里
where Mr. Edelstein's girlfriend broke up with him,
有一幕艾德斯坦先生的女友和他分手的场景
calling him a... "Loner joke."
称他为"不合群的怪物"
But isn't it true that there was no such break-up because
是不是压根没有这样的分手
there was no such girlfriend?
因为根本没有这么个女友?
I haven't the foggiest.
我完全不清楚
Well, as the lead studio lawyer,
作为制片厂的首席律师
wasn't it your job to get the foggiest?
弄清事实不是你的工作么?
No, it was my job to determine
不对,我的工作是
if there was a reckless disregard for the truth.
判断是否有鲁莽地无视真相
So you would claim
那么你是说
that Mr. Edelstein was not engaged to be married?
艾德斯坦先生当时并没有订婚?
No, I would consider the question irrelevant.
我认为这个问题与本案无关
The truth is irrelevant?
真相与本案无关?
No, the facts of Mr. Edelstein's life
不是,艾德斯坦先生的生活实际
were irrelevant.
与本案无关
What was relevant is whether the filmmakers showed
真正有关的是,制片商是否表现出了
a reckless disregard...
鲁莽地无视...
For the truth!
无视真相!
You do understand these words have to mean something?
你知道说话得有点意义吧?
Please don't, don't yell, Mister,
先生,请别嚷嚷
uh, Mister...
Gardner.
加德纳
Why don't you go ahead and keep that
你留着吧
for the next time you need to ask?
下次就不用问我了
Oh, look, Mr. Gardner,
听着,加德纳先生
we're here, we're in Chicago in seven-degree weather.
我们跑到这儿来,忍受芝加哥零下十三度的气温
We understand the need
对于这种欺侮,我们能理解
for some hazing, but is the shouting really necessary?
但你真的有必要大吼大叫吗
It isn't.
没必要
But it makes it fun for us.
不过真的很有趣
Very well done.
干得好
Thank you.
谢谢
Do you need something?
你需要什么吗
I want to be your friend.
我希望做你的朋友
You...?
你要?
I have a lot of friends.
我已经有很多朋友了
You can't win this.
你们不可能赢的
It's defamation.
如果是诽谤
You have to prove malice; you can't.
你必须证明我们有恶意,而你不能
Even Mr. Edelstein knows he's going to lose.
就连艾德斯坦先生也知道不可能赢
He wants the publicity of the fight, that's all.
他只想借官司吸引公众关注而已
Why don't you do what we're all doing--
为什么你不能随大流
chalking up a staggering amount of billable hours.
挣足计费工时就收手呢
Come on, let's be friends.
好了好了,我们化敌为友吧
Okay.
好吧
How do you get a tan like that?
你的肤色怎么晒得这么好
Ah, Princeville, Kauai.
普林斯维尔,那是在夏威夷考艾岛
I have a beautiful spread-- three acres.
我在那有一片风景优美的地,三亩
If you're ever out that way...
如果你要去...
Thank you.
谢谢你
I'll see you tomorrow.
明天见
Alicia, sorry to do this to you, but I need everything you have
抱歉,艾丽西娅,但我需要在罗斯科一案中
on the Duke Rosco defamation suit.
你所有的资料
How quickly can you get to a land line?
你要多久才能找到有电信线路的地方?
Um... soon.
呃,快了
'Cause we're gonna win this.
我们要赢下这场官司
We're gonna win this big.
要赢就赢个大的
We need to prove the studio not only knew the movie was untrue,
我们要证明,制片厂不仅明知电影不真实
but they were reckless about the possibility of its falsehood.
而且还完全不顾其中的不真实
And they'll never admit to that.
而他们永远不会承认这一点
We have to prove he was a private figure.
我们要证明他并非公众人物
We already tried that.
我们试过了
Edelstein's been written about too much.
有很多人写过艾德斯坦了
Where are you?
你在哪儿呢
The reception's better.
信号好一些了
I found a high spot.
我找到了一个制高点
Here's the question
问题是
What does Edelstein want?
艾德斯坦究竟想要怎样
He's too rich to want money.
他这么富有肯定不在乎这点钱
My guess is he wants an apology, but the studio won't apologize.
我猜他想要一个道歉,而制片厂不肯道歉
Wait.
等等
I don't need the studio to admit reckless disregard.
我不需要制片厂承认他们无视真相
You don't? No.
不需要吗,不用
I need the screenwriter to.
我要编剧承认
Why would the screenwriter admit to reckless disregard?
为什么编剧要承认
Because he wants to.
因为他想这么做
My guess is the writer wants
我猜,编剧想说这是他的故事
to say it's his story, not Edelstein's.
而不是艾德斯坦的
I think he's pissed he can't.
我猜他不能这么宣传一定很恼火
That's right. That's what we did with Duke Rosco.
对了,正是我们对付杜克·罗斯科的招数
Played his ego.
激将法
Great. Get me the notes from the Rosco deposition.
很好,把罗斯科作证的笔记发给我
Oh, I'll need to find Wi-Fi.
那我得找个无线热点了
Soon as you can. Thanks.
尽快吧,谢了
This is a pretty spot.
这地方风景不错
Yeah.
是啊
I've been admiring it for a while now,
我已经站在这寒风中
out here in the cold.
欣赏了好一会了
Cary.
凯里
What's up?
出了什么事
Hey.
Uh, I can't. I'm sorry.
抱歉,我不能这么做
What do you mean?
什么意思
What's Blake saying?
布莱克说了什么
Kalinda, they're beginning
凯琳达,他们开始怀疑你了
to suspect you because we're talking.
因为我们一直在谈
Suspect?
怀疑?
Kalinda, please.
求你了,凯琳达
I'm not protecting myself.
我可不是在自保
I'm protecting you, okay?
我在保护你,懂吗
Good-bye.
再见
歌名:Oh, happy day
歌手:Glen Campbell
I need to find Wi-Fi.
我得找个无线热点
Yeah, yeah, there's Starbucks on every corner here, so,
没问题,这里每个街角都有星巴克
sultry Will is Mr. Georgetown?
灼眼之威尔就是乔治敦先生?
Am I right? I found my journal in the backseat.
对吗,我在后座找到了我的日记
You kept writing about Mr. Georgetown.
你一直在写乔治敦先生
Is-Is that him?
就是威尔吗
Owen, please.
欧文,别闹了
I need to get Wi-Fi.
我要找个无线热点
Oh, talk to me, I'll get you Wi-Fi.
老实交代,我给你找无线热点
Get me Wi-Fi, and I'll talk.
给我找到无线热点,我才说
All right. Look up there.
好吧,看上面的显示
Yeah. They're both password-protected.
看见了,都有密码保护
Which one has stronger signal strength?
哪个信号强度最好?
Rotterbear2.
流氓熊2
Type, "Go to rotterbear2."
输入密码,进入流氓熊2
That's what tech support gives novice computer users
客服就是这么教电脑初学者的
so they don't forget their password.
防止他们忘记密码
I can't do that!
我不能这么做!
It's someone else's Wi-Fi.
这是别人的无线热点
Right, and you're borrowing it.
没错,而你只是借来用用而已
It's like you're throwing your soda can in someone's trash.
就好像你把空汽水罐扔进别人的垃圾箱
It is not.
不是一回事
You are so prim and proper.
你还真是伟光正啊
We're in the middle of nowhere.
我们在这荒无人烟的地方
Rotterbear2 is probably some Unabomber
流氓熊2说不定是个邮件炸弹客
who uses the internet to surf porn all day.
天天就用这无线网看色情网站
Well, it's gone anyway.
反正现在没信号了
You know what I've noticed about you?
你知道我对你怎么看么
You're willing to do naughty things
只要我给你点鼓励
if I give you a little encouragement.
你还是愿意干点小坏事的
Look, there's more cabins coming up here.
看,前面还有不少小木屋
Keep looking.
继续找
Now, what is the deal with Will?
现在,该说说威尔了
He's my boss.
他是我老板
Yeah... but I've seen the way you two guys talk to each other.
是哦,我可看过你俩对视时候的眼神
That is a... telling pause.
你这是,无语了
I like Will.
我喜欢威尔
He likes me.
他也喜欢我
We work well together.
我们一起工作
Making sweet music?
爱的协奏曲?
Alicia?
艾丽西娅?
I don't know, okay?
不知道,好吗
What am I doing?
我在干吗
I like work.
我喜欢工作
I don't want to screw up work.
不想搞砸它
Are you... are you sleeping with him?
你...你和他睡觉了?
No.
没有
But you want to?
可你想那样?
I want to...
我想...
not think about it, okay?
不再去想它,好吗
Okay.
好的
Look.
Free Wi-Fi.
免费无线上网
Hey, big-time FBI lady.
一流的联邦女探员
I'll meet you at the car. All right.
我们车里见吧,好的
Kalinda, I've missed you.
凯琳达,我很惦记你
How are you?
你好吗
Good.
很好
Have you missed me?
你惦记过我吗
At times.
有时会
Look, um, I need something.
我想要一些东西
Of course you do.
你当然想
Do you know Blake Calamar?
知道布莱克·卡拉马尔吗
He used to work for MS-13.
他曾效力于黑帮团伙
I don't know that name, but I do know MS-13.
我不知道名字,但知道黑帮团伙
And?
还有呢
No, no, no, no, no.
不,不,不
What happened to the preliminaries, Kalinda?
开场白怎么这样,凯琳达
A girl likes to be wined and dined first.
一个姑娘总喜欢先受到热情款待
How's work?
工作如何
Okay, MS-13 is growing.
好吧,黑帮团伙在壮大
Now, a meth gang is like a shark.
毒品黑帮是条鲨鱼
It has to keep moving, or it dies.
要是不游动,就死定了
And from what I hear, it's moving to Chicago.
据我听说,他们转移到芝加哥了
Joining forces with a local gang.
和当地黑帮强强联合
A entrepreneur that you might know.
主事人你可能认识
Who?
Lemond Bishop?
莱蒙德·毕夏普
Look, maybe we can help each other.
瞧,或许我们可以互相帮助
What are you doing for dinner this Friday?
这周五晚餐你有什么安排
Eating with you.
和你吃饭
No, you... you know what I find funny?
不,你,你知道我感到很可笑么
That you're suing me, Mr. Edelstein.
你为什么起诉我,艾德斯坦先生
I mean, why not the director?
我是说,为什么不是导演
Oh, yes.
是的
That's when you know
那是当你知道
"A film by" credit is a lie.
"由谁谁是导演"是个谎言的时候
When there is a lawsuit.
当有诉讼的时候
Do you want that on the record?
你想要记录在案吗
Sure.
当然
Let's get everything in the record.
把每件事都记录下来
I'm Rand Blaylock. I'm the writer.
我叫兰德·拜洛克,我是编剧
I had chicken salad for lunch.
中午吃的鸡丁沙拉
What research materials did you use for the scene
你用什么研究资料作为我的客户
of my client breaking up with his girlfriend, Mr. Blaylock?
和他女友分手的场景,拜洛克先生
What research materials? These.
什么研究资料?是这些
Your imagination? Yes.
你的想象力?是的
If that's not a dirty word here.
如果在这里不算是脏话
Far from it. So you made it up?
远非如此,所以是你虚构的?
Yes, I did what writers have done since Aristophanes.
是,从阿里斯托芬时代起就是想象力在创作
I made up a scene
我虚构了一个场景
in which Mr. Edelstein breaks up with his girlfriend,
艾德斯坦先生和他女朋友分手
because I felt that it conveyed the truth of a character.
因为我觉得那样才能表达角色的真实性
Truth of a character. What-What do you mean by that?
角色的真实性,那是什么意思
I think he is speaking artistically.
我认为他是从艺术的角度说的
I know. They're trying to use my artistic words against me.
我知道,他们想用我的艺术语言攻击我
Don't worry. I will be circumspect.
别担心,我会谨慎的
Truth of a character means more than just factual truth.
角色的真实性意思不仅局限于事实真理
It means, who is this person?
意味着,这个人是谁
How do they fit into a narrative?
他们如何融进故事的叙述中
What do you mean, narrative?
故事的叙述是什么意思
I mean that I am trying to tell a story,
我是说我要讲故事
and I need a character to help me tell that story.
需要角色帮我完成这个故事
And what was the story you were trying to tell here?
你试图讲的是什么故事呢
The story of the Internet, this age we're in.
因特网的故事,我们所处的时代
Where people just criticize each other anonymously.
人们匿名评论彼此的因特网
Where all these tiny little loners
那些小小的孤独者
in their tiny little rooms order out for pizza
在他们小小的房间里要外卖批萨
and just flame at each other all the time.
没完没了地相互攻讦
Or when those same loners blog about your drug use?
是不是那些孤独者的博客说你吸毒了?
Yes, I'm guilty, lawyer-man.
是的,我有罪,律师先生
You found it. Malice.
被你发现了,存在恶意
This whole movie-- it was just my attempt
整部电影,都只是我企图
at getting back at the Internet.
报复因特网
Take that, Internet!
受死吧,因特网
You wanted Mr. Edelstein's character in the movie
通过艾德斯坦先生在电影里的角色
to show that the internet was alienating people?
你是想要展现因特网在疏远人际关系?
Not just that, but, yes, that.
不仅是那样,不过,是那样
So it didn't really matter what Mr. Edelstein's
所以艾德斯坦本人是什么样的
real character was?
真的没关系
He didn't say that.
他没那么说
Nor do I think that. Oh, I have a legal obligation, Counselor.
我也没这么想,我有法律义务,律师
But, yes, there's nothing wrong with having
不过,是的,角色服务于主题
a character express theme.
并没有任何错
The First Amendment protects me
第一修正案让我有权
from your stupid, dumb-ass questions.
不回答你愚蠢糟糕透顶的问题
Ah, shall we all take a little break?
我们能休息一下吗
No, I know what he wants me to say, Burl.
不,我知道他想让我说什么,伯尔
Here, I'm gonna say it.
在这里我要说
I don't give a rat's ass about facts.
我一点也不关心事实
I give more than a rat's ass--
我更在意的是
in fact, every breath I breathe-- about truth.
无时无刻不在意的是,真理
Shakespeare's truth, Tolstoy's truth.
莎士比亚式的真理,托尔斯泰式的真理
Not this legal mumbo-jumbo.
不是法律的不知所云
That's just the graffiti on a Roman temple.
那就好像罗马庙宇上的涂鸦
Forgotten in a year.
一年后就会被遗忘
But there was no malice, right?
不过你没有恶意,对吗
There was no malice. None.
没有恶意,完全没有
You wanted to get back at bloggers
那些博主们匿名批评你吸毒
who anonymously criticized you for your drug use
为了报复他们
by ascribing those supposed characteristics
你把他们的缺点
of those same bloggers to Mr. Edelstein,
强加于艾德斯坦先生
but there was no malice?
这还算是没有恶意?
That's right. And you know what?
没错,你知道吗
God bless America. I'm free to do that.
上帝保佑美国,我有自由那么做
And you know what else, Mr. Atticus Finch?
知道么,阿提克斯·芬奇先生
You do the same thing.
你可以以牙还牙
You write your own movie,
你写属于自己的电影
making fun of me, my drug use,
拿我开涮,说我吸毒
and then go get Mr. Edelstein to finance it.
然后让艾德斯坦先生投资拍摄
What? Nothing further.
怎么,没有问题了
What? Are you gonna go finance your own movie?
怎么,你会负担自己的电影经费吗
We've been going after the wrong thing.
我们跟错线了
Defamation?
诽谤吗
Yes. It's unwinnable.
是的,赢不了
So why are we going after something that's unwinnable?
我们为何要跟赢不了的线呢
What's winnable?
哪条线能赢
Diane and I have decided to change the strategy
我和戴安决定改变策略
and go after something winnable.
跟条能赢的线
Right of publicity?
形象权吗
Yeah, we've been going after the wrong thing.
是的,我们跟错线了
We can't win defamation.
诽谤赢不了的
That's about intent.
是有关意图的
We don't need intent to prove the studio infringed
我们不需要意图证明电影厂
on Edelstein's right of publicity.
侵犯了艾德斯坦的形象权
Why is that?
为什么呢
Sorry. That's Owen.
抱歉,是欧文
Oh, hello, Owen.
你好,欧文
Sorry to take your sister away.
抱歉占用了你姐姐
Oh, don't worry.
别担心
I don't think she minds being taken away.
我认为她不介意被占用
I'm going now.
我马上走
Um, you know, right of publicity sounds good to me.
形象权听起来不错
And Blaylock, in his deposition, said Edelstein had a right
拜洛克的证言说艾德斯坦有权
to make his own movie, and that's the point.
做自己的电影,那是关键
The studio used him to make money,
电影厂利用他赚钱
and now they owe him that money.
现在他们欠他钱
Sam Moore v. The Weinsteins.
山姆·摩尔诉温斯坦电影公司一案
They're arguing
他们称
the movie Soul Men prevents them from being
电影《灵魂歌手》侵犯了他们作为
the ultimate beneficiaries of their trademarks.
他们商标权的最终受益人的权利
The only problem is, the studio can argue
唯一的问题是,电影厂可以说
it's a transformative work of art.
这经过了艺术的加工
Unless you start to chip away at it.
你可以一点一点地驳斥
How?
怎么驳斥
Look into their product placement.
调查他们的植入式广告
Okay. Everybody read, and we'll get together tomorrow.
好,大家看看,明天再会面
Be ready at 8:00.
八点准备好
Okay.
There were other people on that call, you know?
电话上还有别人呢,知道吗
I know. I was trying to embarrass you.
我知道,我想让你难堪
Oh, come on!
拜托
This isn't high school.
又不是在高中
What? This is medical marijuana.
怎么了,是医用大麻
It is not.
不是
Owen, put it out.
欧文,别抽了
It is. I have bad joints.
真的,我关节不好
This isn't Oregon.
这不是俄勒冈州
Put it out, Owen, or I'm...
别抽了,欧文,不然我...
I'll call Mom.
我给妈妈打电话
I'm dialing.
我拨号了
This is Mom and Dad's fault, you know.
这是妈和爸的错,你知道的
I had a difficult childhood.
我的童年很艰难
This is how I cope.
这是我的应对方式
I don't want to bail you out of jail.
我不想去监狱保释你
You never did it?
你从没做过?
Never! With Will?
没有,和威尔呢
Will's gonna be your go-to from now on, isn't it?
从现在起威尔是话题核心,不是吗
No. I just... I like the thought of you trying things
不,我只是...喜欢你尝试新事物的想法
and breaking rules that you never broke in high school.
高中没违反校规,现在可以补上
Come on.
来吧
I am having wine, and I am very happy.
我在喝酒,而且很开心
Thank you.
谢谢
Search warrant?
搜查证呢
Nice paintings.
画得不错
Thanks.
谢谢
You want to buy one?
你想买一幅吗
They're yours?
它们是你的吗
You're hurting your girlfriend.
你在伤害你的女朋友
My girlfriend. Kalinda.
我的女朋友? 凯琳达
You're hurting her by doing her bidding.
你听她的话是在害她
Oh, buddy, I don't do anything except for me.
兄弟,除了为我自己我什么都不做
We got a lot in common then.
那我们共同点还真多
Guys, don't forget the bedroom.
伙计们,别忘了卧室
You see, I don't mind this--
你看,我不介意...
random searches, hostile questions--
你们的突袭搜查或是尖酸的问题什么的
but I have friends
但我有些朋友
and they won't like this.
而这些人不喜欢你们这种做法
Oh, scary.
好可怕
Yeah, it's funny.
有趣的是
I'm always intimidated by threats
在我搜查人们的居所以前
until I search people's homes.
总是接到他们的恐吓
Then I see what books they own,
可在看过他们收藏的书以后
and it's hard to take their threats seriously after that.
就很难把之前的恐吓当真了
I like this one.
我喜欢这张
Don't you?
你难道不喜欢吗
It's just-- it's so raw.
这是原生态的
You've seen our search warrant?
你看过我们的搜查令了吧
Uh... I have,
看过了
but, uh, you didn't need one.
不过,其实你们不需要那玩意
I would have welcomed you in.
我很欢迎你们来
We found an e-mail on your computer
我们在你电脑里发现了你给毕夏普的邮件
to Lemond Bishop, discussing "ten pounds of office supplies"
关于十磅办公用品什么的
Here's a copy.
这是复本
It's not my e-mail.
那不是我写的邮件
Really?
真的吗
This was on your server.
是从你的服务器端口发出的
Yeah. Hacked, most probably.
对,估计我被黑客攻击了
So you don't know Lemond Bishop.
也就是说你不认识莱蒙德·毕夏普对吧
No, in my workday I have had dealings with Mr. Bishop,
不,我的工作让我与毕夏普先生有过交往
but they're all legal, and all licensed.
但都是合法的往来,有许可的
And that is not my e-mail.
那不是我写的邮件
What, someone broke into your place
就是说,有人闯入你家
to type an e-mail on your computer?
用你的电脑发过这样一封邮件对吗
Yeah.
Sure. That could happen.
当然,这是有可能的
I like this one.
我真的喜欢这张
Will phoned me to tell me something,
威尔之前给我打过电话想告诉我什么
but I never got the message.
但我却没收到那段留言
What?
什么
Will... phoned me, to tell me something...
威尔给我打过电话,表白他的
passionate, and I never heard it.
心声,但我却没听到
How did you never hear it?
你怎么会没听到
I don't know.
我不知道
My phone gobbles things.
也许是我手机把留言吃了吧
It doesn't gobble things.
手机才不会自动删东西呢
What are, what are you, like, four?
你多大了,四岁吗
No, I-- the pictures I sent Mom...
不,还记得那次我传给妈妈的照片
Look, that is because you didn't include it as an attachment.
那次是因为你没把它们加在附件里
Please?
拜托
Can we not talk about my technological ineptness?
能不能不讨论我是个电子白痴这个问题了
Yeah, but how do you know
好吧,但是要是你没收到留言的话
he phoned if you didn't get the message?
你怎么知道他打过电话呢
I can't tell you, it's confidential.
我不能告诉你,来源是保密的
Your love life is confidential?
你的感情生活是保密的,是吗
Do I talk to him, that's the question.
关键的问题是,我问过他没有
Do I ask him what he said?
我有没有问过他他当时说了什么
Do you ask Will... what he said to you?
"你有没有问过威尔他对你说的是什么"对吗
Yes.
But he's in love with somebody.
但现在他与另一个人相爱了
I mean, not "in love," in something.
也许不是相爱,但是他们在交往
And she's nice, I really like her.
而且她人很好,我真的很喜欢她
And they like sports together.
他们都热爱体育
Always talking about
老是说什么
three-pointer this and three-pointer that.
这个三分,那个三分的
I know I just made fun of her voice, but
我只是在取笑她的声音
I do think that it would really be a mistake to ask him.
但我真的认为不该去问他
I'm conflicted.
我很矛盾
You're in love.
你坠入爱河了
I can't be.
不可能
Happens to the best of us.
谁都会有这么一天的
What do I do?
我该怎么办
What do I want you to do?
是我希望你怎么做
Or... what will you do?
还是,你会怎么办
Which one will I like more?
我会更喜欢哪一个
We get home.
我们回家
You... clean up a little,
你要好好梳洗一番
'cause you're looking a little rough around the edges.
因为你现在脸色不太好
You comb your hair, and you put on something nice--
好好梳梳头发,穿上漂亮衣服
but businesslike, you know, not too slutty--
工装,别穿得太性感了
and you go to him.
然后你去找他
And you say,
告诉他
"Will, I need a moment of your time."
"威尔,我想和你说点事"
And he'll be like, "Okay."
然后他会说,"好的"
Like that, kind of manly, like.
语气很男人那种
And then you say...
然后,你说
What?
什么
I've been watching you for 15 years.
我默默注视了你15年
I'm tired of shoving love to the side
我已经厌倦了把自己的感情掩埋起来
and serving other people.
成全他人之美
I can't think of anything more important
现在我想不出我的生活里
in my life right now,
还有什么事
than the feeling of your breath on my neck,
能比让你现在就同我
your hands on my breasts.
翻云覆雨更重要
I can't do that.
我才不会那么说呢
It's Alicia-time.
艾丽西娅的时光
Shut up.
别说了
Good to have you back, ma'am.
很高兴再见到你,女士
Did you try to buy
你是否试图购买
the rights to Mr. Edelstein's story?
关于艾德斯坦先生的故事的版权
Yes, among others.
是的,还有其他几个想买的
And why did he turn you down?
他为何拒绝了你
Well, I imagine he can tell you that.
我想这个问题应该由他来回答
But he said he didn't want his story told.
他当时说他不希望宣扬自己的故事
Do you know what this is?
你知道这是什么吗
That's a T-shirt,
是件T恤
with a likeness of the actor
印着电影里面
who plays the part of Patric Edelstein.
演帕特里克·艾德斯坦的演员
That's right.
没错
I purchased it downstairs, not a half-hour ago,
我不到半个小时以前在楼下买的
for $23.99.
23.99美元
Was it licensed by your studio, ma'am?
这是你们制片厂授权的吗,女士
I don't think Mr. Preston has the answer to that.
我不认为普莱斯顿先生能回答这个问题
Yes, it was licensed by our studio.
对,是我们制片厂授权的
And you're also selling a book
而且你们也在卖一本
about the "Making Of". Is that right?
关于拍摄花絮的书,对吗
Excuse me, Ms. Lockhart.
抱歉插一句,洛克哈特女士
We would argue that our movie's a transformative work of art.
我们的电影是一个经过加工的艺术作品
And therefore impervious to any "right of publicity" claim
因此我们不存在任何艾德斯坦先生
by Mr. Edelstein.
所提的版权问题
Meaning it's a work of art,
也就是说这是一个艺术作品
and not a work of commerce? That's correct.
而不具有商业用途对吗,没错
The Supreme Court has shown great bias
最高法院对非盈利的这种艺术表述
for free, non-commercial expression.
总是持偏爱态度的
Thank you for that clarification. You're welcome.
感谢你澄清这点,不客气
Anything to save us some time here.
我们只是尽量为大家节省时间
So, ma'am, talk to me about
那么,女士,请谈谈
the product placement in the movie.
电影的广告植入情况
Objection. That's irrelevant to this deposition.
反对,这与这次作证无关
Shall we let the court determine what's what, Mr. Preston?
要让法院来裁决一切吗,普莱斯顿先生
Ma'am, could you tell me how many companies
女士,你能告诉我有多少家公司
placed their products in your movie?
在电影里植入了广告吗
Twenty-three.
二十三家
My goodness. That's a lot of artistic expression to divvy up.
我的天,表现艺术的形式还真是多种多样啊
And how many products did these 23 companies place in the movie?
那这23家公司在电影里展示了多少种商品呢
I'd like to call a halt to these proceedings
我呼吁暂停一下
till after lunch. Thank you.
午饭后继续,谢谢
That was fun.
这很有趣
The last thing they'll want to do is open their books.
他们简直不想再谈下去了
Thank you. Both of you.
谢谢你们
You're, uh, making this an entertaining ride.
你们把这事变得有意思起来了
Trying to give you your money's worth.
我们只是想让你的钱花得值当
Oh, no.
不好
How dare you.
你怎么能这样
What's wrong, Viola?
怎么了,维奥拉
Sit down.
坐下说
You're stealing him!
你在拉拢他
You are trying to steal Edelstein.
你在想方设法抢走艾德斯坦
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
I told you it was a loser.
我告诉过你这官司该输
I shared the wealth,
我和你分享了这份财富
I could've shared it with anybody in Chicago!
我可以在芝加哥找任何人做这件事
We're trying to win a case for your client, Viola.
我们只是在想办法帮你的客户胜诉,维奥拉
Oh, no!
别说了
Don't, don't try to turn it noble.
别把你做的事说的那么高尚
You are showing off for him.
你这是在他面前卖弄
And what's worse,
更糟糕的是
I have to hear it from Preston.
我还得从普莱斯顿口中知道的这消息
I have to hear it from the opposition!
我是从对手那里知道这一切的
You heard it from our opposition
你从他那得到消息是因为
because he's afraid we're beating him.
他害怕我们打败他
Just... go to hell!
去死吧
It's no wonder that they call you
难怪他们在背后
an ice queen behind your back.
都叫你冷血女王
Where is this coming from, Viola?
你这股怒气到底从何而来,维奥拉
I've been nothing but straightforward with you--
我从头到尾都在真诚待你
You've been nothing but a conniving bitch!
你是个老谋深算的荡妇
And another thing.
另外
You're fired.
你被解雇了
Ms. Walsh...
沃尔什女士
you're fired.
你被解雇了
Thank you for coming in, Mr. Abaire.
谢谢你来这里,阿拜耳先生
And you've worked for your automotive company for how long?
你在你的汽车公司工作多久了
Ten happy years.
愉快的十年
Our tin anniversary.
还有这么个纪念章呢
And you work in their product integration department?
你在他们的产品集成部门工作对吗
Yes.
And you negotiated with the studio
你负责与制片厂协商
to have your automobiles placed in their movie?
在电影里插入你们汽车的广告对吗
Yes. The 2011 La Havre.
对,2011年款勒哈弗尔
Uh, two passive placements, and one integrated placement.
两个被动置入,一个整合置入
"Passive" meaning beauty shots-- and "Integrated"?
被动指的是特写镜头,那整合呢
Uh, meaning there had to be at least one mention of the automobile's features.
就是必须有至少一处提及汽车特征
For example,
比如
our voice-activated onboard navigation system.
我们汽车的声控导航系统
And how was this movie sold to you?
你觉得这部电影的卖点在哪呢
Uh... well, I... I don't understand.
我,我不明白
Was Mr. Edelstein's name used
艾德斯坦先生的大名
in trying to convince you to place your cars in the movie?
是你在这部电影里投入广告的原因吗
Oh, yeah, of course.
是的,当然了
It was between this movie and Social Network.
当时我们在这部电影和《社交网络》中选择
Would you have agreed to pay the studio
如果这部电影与艾德斯坦先生无关的话
if the movie had been not about Mr. Edelstein?
你还会付广告费给制片厂吗
For example, if it had been about
比如,如果电影讲述的是
a fictional computer programmer.
一个虚构的电脑专家
Oh, uh, no. Of course not.
不,当然不会了
I think we can call a halt to this.
我想我们需要暂停一下了
Really? I think we have a few more questions.
是吗,我们还有几个问题没问完呢
You won.
你们赢了
Take yes for an answer.
我们答应你们的条件
$35 million.
三千五百万美元
And an apology.
还要道歉
We're sorry.
我们很抱歉
Thought you had a home.
你在这儿有房子吧
I do. Lake Forest.
恩,在森林湖
When I work past 11:00, the government is required
如果我过了夜里11点还要工作,政府会
to pay for in-town accommodations.
负责我在城里的住宿费用
How nice. My tax dollars at work.
真好啊,我交的税原来是这么花掉的
So Blake Calamar, huh?
关于布莱克·卡拉马尔?
That's a new name to us.
这可是个新名字
Really?
真的吗
I'm surprised.
没想到
We've been juggling a lot of balls at the FBI.
我在联邦调查局抓了很多人
But I guess you have, too.
我猜你也一样
I'm taking off my shoe.
我把鞋脱下了
See?
瞧见了吗
I can see.
我看见了
I'm stretching out my foot.
我伸展一下我的脚
Are you all right with that?
你不介意吧
You have to stretch, you have to stretch.
你要伸展,那就伸展呗
I have an offer for you.
我想提供你一个职位
Come work for me.
来我这里工作吧
It's not good at Lockhart/Gardner.
洛克哈特&加德纳律所不怎么样
And it won't be good for quite some time.
这公司过很久也好不起来
And why is that?
此话怎讲
Your firm is representing Bishop.
你们公司代理毕夏普的业务
The drug dealer.
那个大毒枭
Yeah, his legitimate interests.
保护他的合法权益而已
He has no legitimate interests.
他没有合法权益
The firm is in danger.
这个公司正处危机之中
Come work for me.
来我这儿工作吧
We've had this conversation.
我们已经谈过这事了
I... I like it where I am.
我喜欢我的现状
Why do you like men?
为什么你喜欢男人
Why do I like men?
为什么我喜欢男人
Yes. Sex with men.
对,和男人上床
Why do you like it?
为什么你喜欢这个
I don't distinguish.
我觉得都一样
You... don't have a preference?
你...没有偏好吗
You were saying?
你的意思呢
I was saying...
我觉得
Italian, Mexican, Thai,
意大利菜,墨西哥菜,泰国菜
why does one choose one food over the other?
为什么非要从中选一个更喜欢的呢
Because sex is not food.
因为性不是食物
Because of love?
因为爱吗
Or intimacy.
或者亲密的关系
Don't you want intimacy?
你不想要那种亲密的感觉吗
No.
I have to get that.
我得接这个电话
Then you're going to need your foot back.
那你得把脚伸回去了
You following me?
你在跟踪我吗
We need to talk.
我们得谈谈
Sure, let's talk.
当然,我们谈吧
Let's all talk.
把什么都说出来
What do you need?
你想知道什么
You talking to the Feds?
你在和联邦调查特工互通消息吗
I was having dinner with a Fed.
我只是和特工共进晚餐
One Fed.
一个特工
Why? Jealous?
怎么,吃醋了吗
Kalinda, the kids have all gone to bed, okay?
凯琳达,这里没有小孩子
It's just me and you-- the adults.
只有你和我,都是成年人了
It's time to be honest.
该坦诚相待了
You start.
你先说
Are you armed?
你带武器了吗
You missed a spot.
你漏了个地方
You unclasp it at the top.
你解开上面的扣子
My turn.
到我了
Why? Need more access?
怎么了,想开后门?
TSA. You know the drill.
运输安全局的检查套路,你知道的
You wrote that e-mail to Bishop.
那封给毕夏普的信是你写的
And you planted it in my apartment
你故意把它放在我公寓里
for your boyfriend to find.
给你男朋友去找
The ASA? Cary?
那位检察官助理,凯里?
You didn't come to Lockhart/Gardner as an investigator.
你来洛克哈特/加德纳律所不是当调查员的
Come on. Honesty.
拜托,说实话
You wearing a wire?
你戴了窃听器?
I'm a fixer.
我是收拾烂摊子的
Bond wants something to happen,
邦德想做成某件事
doesn't want to know how it happened, that's me.
但不想了解其中的过程,就由我出面搞定
I didn't plant anything in your apartment.
我没在你公寓里放任何东西
You should look elsewhere.
你该查查别人
And what about your meeting with the Feds?
那你见联邦探员是做什么
She wants me to leave Lockhart/Gardner, join her.
她想让我离开洛克哈特&加德纳律所,加入她那
She knows that MS-13
她知道MS-13
is joining forces with Bishop.
正要毕夏普联手
What does Bond want you to fix?
邦德要你搞定什么
He wanted me to investigate everyone at the firm,
他要我调查律所里的每个人
see who was a threat to a takeover,
看谁对他接管不利
and who was an asset.
谁值得留下
Your connection to Will-- what is it?
你跟威尔,是什么关系
I did, uh...
I did some work for him at his first firm in Baltimore.
他在巴尔的摩开第一家律所时我帮他做过些事
Illegal work?
非法的
He owes me.
他欠我的
You know, Donna thinks that...
唐娜觉得
you like women more than men.
你更喜欢女人
Sometimes.
有时候吧
Depends.
看情况
Where's my baseball bat?
我的球棒在哪
It's in my bag.
在我包里
I want it back.
我想拿回来
So you'll lay off?
那你会放手吗
Lay off what?
放手什么
Everything.
所有一切
Yeah.
是的
Why do you care about Leela?
你为什么担心利拉
I don't.
我不担心
Then... what do you care about?
那,你担心什么
It's all right.
没事
You'll have trouble breathing for a minute.
你会暂时喘不过气来
Hi. Uh, my boyfriend's had an accident,
你好,我男朋友出了点小意外
and he's injured his chest.
他胸部受了伤
He's having problems breathing.
现在呼吸有点困难
Could you send someone up please?
能派个人来吗
Thank you.
谢谢
Wait... I'm going now, Blake.
等等,我要走了,布莱克
You trying to say something?
你想说什么
Leela...
利拉
Yeah.
说吧
You keep going with that.
你总是念念不忘
Leela, I...
利拉,我
Why don't you try taking a breath, hmm?
你干嘛不喘口气再说
I phoned...
我打了电话
I phoned... your husband...
我打了电话,给你丈夫
You want to come in?
要进来吗
No, I better get moved in.
不,我还是回去收拾吧
So... Oh, thanks. Sure.
那,谢谢,没事
What did you mean, what I will do?
你说的"我会怎么做"是什么意思
What?
什么
About Will-- you said,
关于威尔,你说的
"What you want me to do, and what I will do""
你希望我做的,和,我会做的
What will I do?
我会怎么做?
Oh...
哦...
You're a good person, Alicia.
你是个正直的人,艾丽西娅
You're pretending that you're not--
你假装你不是
that this recent unpleasantness has changed you,
假装最近的不愉快改变了你
but it hasn't.
事实不是这样的
You are who you are.
你就是你
You... can't cheat.
你不会背叛婚姻的
It's not in your makeup.
你天性如此
Thanks for the company.
多谢你的陪伴
I'll see you soon.Okay.
回见,好
Well, uh, according to the lawyers,
呃,据律师们说
I have to say this.
我必须作如下声明
My Patric Edelstein is not
我笔下的帕特里克·艾德斯坦
the real Patric Edelstein.
并非真实的帕特里克·艾德斯坦
to which I have my own legal one word retort-- duh.
我只能用这样的词合法地反驳他,切
Yes, we lost the lawsuit.
是的,我们败诉了
Yes, there is fiction in every fact.
电影中所述事实存在虚构
But you know what I hate? I think I know what he hates.
你知道我讨厌什么吗,我猜我知道
Our litigious society and a world
我恨这个喜欢打官司的社会
where lawyers find cleverer and cleverer ways
还有那些律师
to make end runs around the First Amendment.
想出了各种办法绕开了第一修正案
Hey, he called us clever.
嘿,他说我们聪明
What happens to writers
要是每次冒犯了人
and to satirists if every time they offend someone
就会因侵犯形象权被起诉
they're sued based on right of publicity?
编剧和讽刺作家还怎么活?
He's not wrong.
他没说错
Of course he's not wrong.
当然没说错
The last refuge of the loser is to not be wrong.
正确是失败者最后的庇护所
Hey. How was, uh... everywhere?
嗨,你怎么样
It was good. Good!
很好,不错
Well, good job on the road.
路上干得不错
The studio apologized.
制片厂道歉了
And we did pretty well.
我们干得很不错
Will, I need a moment of your time.
威尔我得和你谈谈
Okay.
好的
I never got the second message to my cell phone.
我没有收到手机上的第二条语音留言
I don't know why.
我不知为什么
The second?
第二条?
No, you got everything.
你都收到了啊
When you phoned Peter's press conference,
你在彼得的记者会上打来电话
you left two messages, but I didn't get the second.
你留下两条留言,我没收到第二条
I only got the first.
只收到第一条
I hate missed connections and that stuff, so...
我讨厌这种事
can I ask, what did you say?
我能问问你究竟说了什么吗
In my second message?
在我的第二条留言里?
Yes.
是的
You don't have to say.
你并不一定要说
Well, I will.
我会说的
I said, I think you made the right decision
我认为你的决定是正确的
with Peter.
和彼得在一起
And I didn't want us to be uncomfortable at work.
我不希望工作中会产生尴尬
Okay.
好吧
Good.
那就好
And we're not.
我们没有尴尬
And we're not.
我们没有尴尬
Okay.
I should get back to work.
我该回去工作了
It's good to have you back.
你回来真好
It's good to be back.
我也很高兴回来

重点单词   查看全部解释    
coma ['kəumə]

想一想再看

n. 昏迷

联想记忆
boring ['bɔ:riŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人厌烦的

 
contentious [kən'tenʃəs]

想一想再看

adj. 好辩的,好争吵的,有争议的

 
associate [ə'səuʃieit]

想一想再看

n. 同伴,伙伴,合伙人
n. 准学士学位获得

联想记忆
strategy ['strætidʒi]

想一想再看

n. 战略,策略

 
honesty ['ɔnisti]

想一想再看

n. 诚实,正直

 
sympathize ['simpəθaiz]

想一想再看

v. 同情,同感

 
artistic [ɑ:'tistik]

想一想再看

adj. 艺术的

联想记忆
tin [tin]

想一想再看

n. 罐头,锡,听头
adj. 锡制的

 
integration [.inti'greiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 综合,集成,同化

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。