Previously on the Good Wife,
《傲骨贤妻》前情回顾
Sorry about that, Mr....McVeigh.
抱歉,怎么称呼,麦克维
Oh, my goodness. What an unfortunate name.
我的天,真不幸的名字
Hopefully no relation?
没有血缘关系吧
Oh, um, I've offended you?
我冒犯你了吗
No. No. I'll talk to you soon.
没有,我会联系你的
I think I've just been visited by the Marlboro Man.
我想我是被雷到了
I played craps with that kid's life. Will, you listen,
我拿那孩子的生命当赌注,威尔,听着
I know you did everything.
我知道,你已经尽力了
We're not gonna talk about this.
不说这个
We're not gonna say any more.
不往下说了
We're gonna go to dinner in one week's time,
一周后我们一起吃饭
and we'll talk then.
到时再说
Let's go to the bedroom.
去你卧室吧
No. Here.
就在这
So we can talk now, right?
我们现在可以讨论了,对吧
I mean, the trial's over.We can talk now.
庭审结束了,我们可以讨论了
Yeah, we can talk.
是的,可以讨论
We can swear. We can do whatever we want.
还可以骂街,想做什么都行
Okay, so, we'll do bathroom breaks first,
那么,大家去下洗手间
then, uh, get down to it.
回来进入正题
So, uh, what do you think?
你怎么认为的
Guilty, right? She did it.
有罪,是吧,她干的
Actually, I think we should wait. For everybody.
等等吧,等人到齐了再讨论
Did you see her at the defense table?
你在被告席上看到她了吧
Which her?
哪个她
The one with the televangelist?
和电视布道者一起的那个?
No, no, no. Um,
不不不
the one who sucked the toes.
舔脚趾那个
Oh, come on. What was his name?
哎呀,那男的叫什么名字来着
The prostitute.
招妓那个
You're talking about the defense attorney?
你在说辩护律师啊
She's the wife, right?
她就是那男的妻子,对吧
Right. I thought I recognized her at the defense table.
对,我就知道在被告席上是她
Reasonable doubt.
合理怀疑
What do we mean by reasonable doubt?
合理怀疑,意味着什么
I thought the husband got out. Didn't he get out?
她丈夫出狱了吧,没错吧
Boy, talk about using her.
这是在利用她
Putting her at the defense table like that.
把她放在被告席上博同情
She's there 'cause she's a good lawyer.
她来出庭,是因为她是个好律师
Okay. Okay, okay.
行,行,行
Everybody ready?
都准备好了吗
Do we want to vote first?
要不要先投个票
Right. Good idea.
对,好主意
Um, everyone take a pad.
每人拿张便笺
So when you take that vote,
当你们投票时
you have to ask yourself,
务必扪心自问
is this young woman
这名年轻女子
capable of murder?
下得了杀手吗
Could Bianca Price pick up a gun
比安卡·普莱斯会拿起枪
and shoot her sorority mate in the chest?
射入她"姐妹会"女伴的心脏吗
Okay.
好了
Six guilty, six not guilty.
6票有罪,6票无罪
Of course. Which is so odd,
意料之中,真巧了
given we have six men and six women.
咱们正好6男6女呢
Oh, what are you saying?
说什么呢
This is a sexist thing?
跟性别歧视有关吗
Well, of course not. This has nothing to do with her looks.
无关,跟她的长相完全无关
True. That's right.
没错,说得对
She's just a sweet girl having a threesome.
她只是个搞3P的美女
That's because men can't imagine a pretty woman killing somebody.
男人不相信美女会杀人嘛
Oh, come on.
别这样
It's because the prosecution didn't do their job.
那是因为控方的工作没做好
Exactly. Oh, fine.
确实,好嘛
Sure, I voted not guilty, but not because of her looks.
我确实投了无罪,但并非因为她是美女
Why isn't it just as likely that women are jealous of her looks?
我看还没准是女人嫉妒她漂亮呢
Thank you, brother.
谢了,老兄
You are so over the line.
你太过分了
Thank you. He's right.
谢谢,他说得对
So over the line. He's right.
太过分了,他说得对
Women look at that girl and think home wrecker.
女人一看那女孩,就会想起小三
Except she's not a girl. She's a grown woman.
可惜她不是女孩,是成年女子啦
Okay, but saint-- what-what's her name?
行,但是,那个圣女叫什么来着
Alicia. Right, Alicia Florrick.
艾丽西娅,对,艾丽西娅·福瑞克
She was sitting right next to her, supporting her.
她就坐在她旁边,支持着她
And defense attorneys could never be pulling tricks.
辩护律师从不耍花招呵?
Let's just stick to the facts, huh?
我们还是围绕事实吧
All right, all right, everybody,
好吧,好吧,各位
raised hands, please.
发言请举手,拜托
One at a time.
一个一个来
Marisol.
马里索
Okay, take the cop, the detective.
拿那个警探来说
Back on the first day of testimony,
第一天作证时
He looked right at us and said...
他看着我们,然后说
The accused was covered with blood.
被告浑身是血
And she was the only one in the room with the victim.
而且她是唯一在被害人房间里的人
And the murder weapon?
杀人凶器呢
9mm auto 6-round.
9毫米自动6发手枪
It was the defendant's,
是被告的枪
registered in her name.
登记在她名下
Given to her by her mother for protection.
她母亲给她防身用的
The weapon was found on the ground by her feet?
这枪是在她脚边发现的?
Yes, sir.
是的,先生
With her fingerprints on the trigger.
扳机上还有她的指纹
I have a question.
我有个问题
Who was the girl who entered in the middle of his testimony?
他作证时进来的女孩是什么人
Oh, that's right. He smiled at her.
是啊,他冲她微笑了
I thought she was with the defense.
我还以为她跟被告是一起的
There was a party downstairs for spring break.
当时楼下有个春假派对
30 individuals.
30个人
And they heard the shot? Yes, sir.
他们听到枪声了吗,是的
Within 30 seconds, they burst into the sorority room
不到半分钟,他们就冲进那房间
and found the accused, Bianca Price, standing over the victim.
看到被告比安卡·普莱斯站在被害人身旁
How long after the murder was this photo taken?
这照片是案发多久拍的
Approximately 30 seconds.
大约30秒
It's the good news about murders at colleges these days.
这年头的大学谋杀案,便于侦查之处在于
Everybody has a cell phone camera,
人人都有拍照手机
so it makes it hard to get away with murder. Objection!
逍遥法外可不容易,反对
That wasn't a question, Mr. Gardner.
他没提问题啊,加德纳先生
But I would warn the witness to avoid editorializing.
不过我要提醒证人,不要进行主观判断
My apologies, your honor.
抱歉,法官大人
Now, this happened at her sorority house?
凶案发生在她的姐妹会房间里?
Yes, sir.
是的,先生
There was blood all over her.
她浑身是血
And this was taken within 30 seconds of the gunshot,
这是枪响后30秒内拍的照片
and here she is with the gun at her feet.
她就在这儿,脚边有枪
She said she was in the bathroom, and she came out.
她说她当时在卫生间,后来才出来的
No, she didn't say that.
她没有这样说
Her lawyer said that.
是她的律师说的
Now Bianca has said she was in the bathroom when she heard the shot.
比安卡说枪响时,她在卫生间里
Objection, your honor. Not in evidence.
反对,法官大人,没有证据
Mr. Gardner, I expect more of you.
加德纳先生,你真让我失望
Your honor, I'm sorry. My mistake.
法官大人对不起,是我的错
Okay, I'll say it.
好吧,让我说的话
I didn't trust that cop.
我不相信那个警察
And his earring. What was that?
他还戴个耳钉,这叫什么玩意
Men wear earrings these days.
这年头男人戴耳钉很正常
And what about the five o'clock shadow?
那满脸胡茬呢
So what are you saying?
什么意思
You don't trust him because he didn't shave?
因为他不刮胡子所以不值得信任吗
So, detective Burton, you were the first officer on the scene?
伯顿探员,你是第一个赶到案发现场的?
Yes, Mr. Gardner.
是的,加德纳先生
And where was your partner?
那你的搭档呢
He was out sick.
他请病假了
So you were there unobserved?
所以没人监督你的行为?
Yes, I was unobserved,
的确如此
except for the two dozen other college students in the room.
不过当场还有二十多名大学生
And you've never tampered with evidence, detective?
那么你从没对证据做手脚,对吗
That's correct, sir.
没有
I've never tampered with evidence.
我从没那样干过
And so if I asked you about this internal affairs report...
那么下面这份局内违纪报告...
Objection, your honor!
反对,法官大人
Mr. Gardner, really.
加德纳先生,太过分了
Up here.
都过来
Then what about the internal affairs report?
那么,局内违纪报告呢?
What internal affairs report?!
什么局内违纪报告
We didn't hear anything about that.
咱不知道内情
It could have been completely innocent.
可能根本就没什么
Are you serious?
你是认真的吗
This charge is irrelevant, and it was minor.
那是无关指控,而且微不足道
Drinking beer on duty?
只是上班时饮酒而已
You are playing with fire here, Mr. Gardner.
加德纳先生,小心玩火自焚
Your honor,
法官大人
any internal affairs charge is completely relevant.
局内违纪报告和本案绝对有关系
No, sir. You're trying to imply to the jury
不,你企图暗示陪审团
that something more nefarious is going on here--
有更加恶劣的事情
that detective Burton planted evidence.
你想证明伯顿探员伪造证据
Let's at least be adults here
别玩过家家了
and admit to each other what you're doing.
你就是这个意思
Your honor, no. Oh-oh, my god,
法官大人,我没有
No. No. I...
我并没有...
Look, I will admonish the jury.
我会告诫陪审团的
That's all I can do, Mr. Brody.
我只能做到这些,布罗迪先生
And you watch it, Mr. Gardner.
加德纳先生,请你注意点
Go to hell.
见鬼去吧
Having fun?
你很开心呵?
Wait. Wait. Wait.
等等,等等
The judge admonished us not to consider it.
法官告诫我们不要考虑这些
All right, I won't consider it,
好吧,我不会考虑的
but I still don't trust speedy.
但我依旧不相信那个警察
We'll reconvene here 9:30 tomorrow.
明早9:30重新开庭
So, you enjoy tarnishing my reputation?
玷污我的名誉很有趣呵?
Best part of my day.
其乐无穷
Hey, Jimmy, man.
你好,吉米
What's up?
怎么样了
I don't think they liked me.
我觉得他们不喜欢我
Who, the jury? No. You can never tell.
陪审团?不要言之过早
I just...
我只是...
Sound so terrible.
说来真让人绝望
I think I'd find me guilty.
若我是陪审团,我也会判定有罪
No, that's just the prosecution's case.
那只是控方的陈词而已
You wait for our turn.
我们还没出手呢
Thank you.
谢谢你
You're welcome. Any time.
不客气,随时效劳
Thank you.
谢谢你
I'll see you, mom.
回头见,妈妈
How did it go, did you think?
你觉得情况如何
It's a good start.
是个好的开始
I'm sorry, but we're playing catch-up here.
很抱歉,我们是在亡羊补牢
Your previous lawyers did no investigation,
你此前聘的律师没做任何调查
and cuesta isn't allowing a delay,
法庭上动作决不能慢
so we're gonna hit a few bumps.
所以我们会有些挫折
We're gonna need to spend some more money
我们要多花些钱
on a better ballistics expert.
请一个更好的弹道专家
Are you all right with that?
可以吗
Whatever it takes.
花多少都行
She's my only child.
我就这么一个孩子
The thought of her in prison is...
一想到她要进监狱...
Good work.
干得不错
Thanks.
谢谢
Is everything okay?
你还好吗
Yeah. Why? Yeah. Good.
当然,怎么了,我很好
I heard you did well.
我听说你表现得很好
There's more women on this jury than I wanted.
陪审团里的女性比我希望的要多
Sometimes I think
有时候我觉得
justice would be better served with a coin flip.
扔硬币判决,可能会更公正些
Who's that?
那是谁
Oh, uh, Mother Jones.
杂志社的人
Doing a profile.
正在做访谈
Sorry about that.
不好意思
We're knee-deep in the Bianca Price trial.
我们正为比安卡·普莱斯的案子焦头烂额
You were just saying about pro-choice.
你刚才正说到堕胎自由的问题
Oh, yes, it's an irony of our times
对,我们这个时代的一大讽刺就是
that "activist judge" used to be a charge hurled by Republicans at...
共和党人士总是把"激进法官"的帽子扣给...
Democrats?
民主党人士?
Excuse me?
你说什么
Hurled at democrats?
扣给民主党人士?
Oh, uh, yes.
没错
I was, um...
我是说...
The charge of activist judge,
激进法官的帽子
especially with regards to...
尤其是关于...
My goodness, I forgot what I was, uh, saying.
我的天,我忘了刚才说到哪了
Choice is endangered.
自由选择权处于濒危状态
Oh, yes, choice.
没错,选择权
It is.
确实
Could you give me a minute?
等我一会好吗
Thank you for the Sarah Palin biography.
谢谢你送我萨拉·佩林的自传
Oh, I, uh, I thought you'd like that.
我觉得你应该会喜欢
The chapter where she brings big oil to heel.
她让石油巨头就范的那个章节
Just gripping.
真是太引人入胜了
I bought a, uh... a Hillary bio
我买了本希拉里的自传
for 50 cents on eBay.
在eBay买的,只花了50美分
So you're, uh...
那么你...
Will says he wants you on the Bianca Price murder?
威尔说,希望你参与比安卡杀人案
Yeah. Yeah.
是,是啊
I'm, uh... I'm in Town testifying on another case.
我...我正在城里给另外一个案子作证
Good.
这样啊
Well, I-I just wanted to say hello.
我,我就想过来说句你好
Hello.
你好
You betcha.
很好
Uh, you know my rules.
你知道我的原则
If, uh... If I find out the client's guilty, I quit.
如果...我发现当事人有罪,就退出
Yup. I like your rules.
对,我喜欢你的原则
Even more, I like your fees.
更喜欢你公道的价格
Well, th...
那么...
Yeah?
什么事
I thought I'd sit in.
我认为我该旁听
Miss Lockhart.
洛克哈特小姐
Mr. McVeigh.
麦克维先生
So, the problem is,
好了,问题在于
The mom fired her previous lawyers
当事人的母亲解聘了上一任律师
because they wanted to plead this out.
因为他们想通过认罪求宽大处理
So they lined up Jim Crosby as a ballistics expert.
所以他们请了吉姆·克洛斯比作弹道专家
Well, I agreed to meet with you.
我同意了跟你见面
You did. Thanks.
你做到了,谢谢
And I agreed to look over the evidence, give you a bid.
我同意了看看证据,然后出个价
Which is?
什么价
I'm not taking this case.
我不会接这个案子
She's guilty.
她有罪
Sorry.
抱歉
I can give you some names of people who will say differently,
我可以推荐一些人,他们会有不同说法
But I wouldn't go with Crosby.
不过我不会推荐克洛斯比
He's not convincing enough.
他不够有说服力
Um, you're positive?
你确定?
She's guilty?
她有罪?
Given the evidence, yes.
根据已有证据,是的
If I were you, I'd plead out.
如果我是你,我会做有罪答辩
Good luck.
祝你好运
The jury needs to be told a story.
我们需要告诉陪审团一件事
The prosecution's story is simple:
控方的陈述很简单
Bianca shot her best friend out of jealousy after a threesome.
3P之后,比安卡出于妒忌枪杀了她最好的朋友
Our story needs to be just as simple:
我们的陈述必须同样简单
Bianca didn't shoot Heather.
比安卡没有枪杀海瑟
Yes, it was Bianca's gun,
不错,那是比安卡的枪
But her mother had given it her for protection.
但那是她母亲给她防身用的
What we need to tell the jury is who else had access to Bianca's gun?
我们要告诉陪审团,还有谁可以用比安卡的枪
Joshua Mundy...
乔什·芒迪
See any difference?
看到什么不同了吗
He was with the girls for the threesome,
他是3P男主角
who shot Heather while Bianca was in the bathroom.
是他趁比安卡在卫生间时,枪杀了海瑟
No. Why?
没看出,怎么了
Regarding the witness prep, Cary, Alicia,
关于证人预演,凯里,艾丽西娅
We're gonna have to delay on the ballistics expert.
弹道专家出庭只能推后了
Why? We lost him.
为什么,他不同意出庭
We're shopping.
得再找个专家
Okay, that's everything.
好了,就这么多
We got court in one hour, so let's go.
一小时内要上庭,我们走
Will?
威尔
What's up?
什么事
This cell phone photo on Jenny Bauer's student page,
珍妮·鲍尔学生网页上的手机照片
It's different than the one she gave to the police.
和她给警察的那张不一样
There. On this one, that guy's foot is on the rug,
那里,这张上面,这个人的脚在地毯上
And on this one it's not.
这张上面却没有
She took another picture?
她拍了2张照片?
Only a split second between both shots.
瞬间的2组镜头
It's on video.
这是视频截图
Cell phone video.
手机视频
Find it.
找到它
I'll get that for you.
我帮你拿电脑
Thanks.
谢谢
I don't know if we're gonna put Bianca on the stand yet,
我不知道是否该让比安卡作证
but if we do,
如果这么做
Are you all right questioning her?
你准备好盘问她了吗
I'm... Yes.
我...是的
But I think
但我觉得
Cary would do a better job.
凯里会做得比我好
Why?
为什么
They seem to have bonded.
他们似乎处得不错
15 years of doing this and I still can never tell
做了15年律师,我还是说不清
who's innocent and who's guilty.
谁是无罪的谁是有罪的
Everybody's a mystery from the outside,
从外表看每个人都是一个谜
Including Bianca.
包括比安卡
We still haven't had our dinner.
我们那顿晚饭还没吃呢
I know.
我知道
You worried about Peter?
你担心彼得?
I'm worried about everything.
我担心所有的事
I'm not.
我不担心
All right, all right,
好了,好了
All right! Everybody, let's talk one at a time, please.
好了,一个一个说
Marisol.
马里索
Of course he was scuzzy.
他的确很恶心
I don't want to marry him. I just believe him.
我绝不跟这种人结婚,我只是相信他的话
It was Heather's idea.
那是海瑟的主意
Heather Cross, the victim? Yeah.
海瑟·克洛斯,也就是被害人?是的
She's never done a three-way before on zolpidem, and she wanted to.
她没玩过"唑吡坦安眠药"3P法,她想试试
This was the night before spring break. Yeah-huh.
这是春假的前一晚?是的
She came to me downstairs, and she was, like, um...
她来到我楼下,她那意思是...
Do you want me to quote?
想让我引述吗
'cause if I quote, I have to use that word.
因为如果我引述,必须用那个词
Oh, no, you don't, Mr. Mundy, not in my court.
别引述,芒迪先生,在我的法庭不要这样
When you feel so inclined,
当你想引述的时候
You are welcome to use the word "Fluff."
你可以说"干那事"
And Judy-- delicate flower that she is--
而朱迪,我们漂亮的书记员...
will translate it into its proper form. Yes, Judy?
会用适当的词语记录之,对吧,朱迪?
Okay. So, um...
好吧,那么...
There was, like...
她的意思是...
"Do you want to go... fluff upstairs with Bianca on zolpidem?"
"想上楼和比安卡干那事吗,用安眠药法"
And I was, like...
而我则...
It was something she read in the whole Tiger Woods thing--
这是她从泰格·伍兹的绯闻报道中读到的
Zolpidem sex, you know? Relaxed and crazy.
安眠药性爱,既放松又疯狂
And I was, like, you know?
而我则...知道吧
No, I don't know, Mr. Mundy.
我不知道,芒迪先生
You'll have to use your words.
你必须用你自己的话说
I was, like, "Sure."
我这样说,"当然"
I mean, um... "Fluff, yeah."
我是说..."干那事,当然"
Oh, the joy my life is.
我很欣慰
Have you got that, Judy?
你记下了吗,朱迪
And you and Bianca had been dating?
你当时在和比安卡交往吗
Yeah.
是的
And she was always kinda freaking out about women,
而她总是因为其他女人发疯
so I was surprised that she agreed to go with us.
所以我奇怪她会同意3P
"Freaking out" meaning jealous?
你所说的发疯是指嫉妒吗
Yes.
是的
Then what happened?
然后发生了什么
Well, we... fluffed.
我们就...干那事
And I mean fluffed.
我是说,"干那事"
And, uh, I left the two of them
然后我离开她俩
Kinda out of it in Bianca's room,
在比安卡的房间我都神志不清了
and I went downstairs to grab a brew.
于是我下楼喝点酒
And that's when we heard the shot.
然后就听到枪声了
And I raced upstairs,
我跑上楼
and I found Heather on the floor, you know, like,
发现海瑟倒在地上
Really red with blood and the gun on the floor.
全身是血,枪在地上
Oh, that's right.
对了
You're here on another case.
你为了另一个案子来的
That's right. We're ready.
是的,我们准备好了
You want to watch?
你来看吗
Oh, well, I-I would,
我很想看
But I'm late.
但我迟到了
Dinner?
吃个晚饭吧
Tomorrow night, 8:00 p.m., the Westin.
明晚8点在维斯汀怎样
I, uh,
我...
Uh, o-okay.
好的
So, you'd been dating Bianca for a while?
你当时已和比安卡交往一阵了?
Uh, a little while, yeah.
有一阵了
A little while, as in two dates?
有一阵,是指2次约会吗
Yeah, I guess.
好像是这样
And by "dates," we mean you slept with her twice?
2次约会,等于2次上床?
Yeah.
是的
You have that effect on women?
你对女人有那么大吸引力吗
They get jealous after two dates?
2次约会就为你吃醋?
Objection. Argumentative.
反对,诱导性提问
Sustained, regrettably.
很遗憾,反对有效
Now about this zolpidem that Heather and Bianca took, you took it, too?
海瑟和比安卡吃的唑吡坦安眠药,你也吃了?
Yeah.
是的
And you know zolpidem is a non-benzodiazepine hypnotic?
你知道唑吡坦是非苯二氮安眠药吗
What?
什么
You can hallucinate on it.
吃了会产生幻觉
You might also get diarrhea.
也许还会腹泻
well, I...I didn't get diarrhea.
我没有腹泻
Good. I'm so glad.
很好,不错
But did you hallucinate?
但你产生幻觉了吗
No.
没有
It's also a drug that can cause memory loss.
这种药还会导致失去记忆
Did you know that?
你知道吗
No.
不知道
In fact, let's do an experiment.
好,我们做个试验
Objection.
反对
You know I like experiments, Mr. Brody.
你知道我喜欢试验,布若迪先生
Overruled.
反对无效
What color panties was Bianca wearing that night?
那天晚上比安卡穿的内裤什么颜色
What color? Uh...
什么颜色...
White.
白的
Well, that is a very good guess, Mr. Mundy,
挺会猜的,芒迪先生
Given that 85% of the panties sold in the U.S. are white.
因为美国出售的女式内裤85%都是白色的
And yet you're wrong.
但你猜错了
They were black.
是黑色的
See? That was silly.
懂不,这太傻了
Men don't remember things like that.
男人不会记得这些事
The color of a woman's panties? Are you kidding me?
不记得女人内裤的颜色?别开玩笑了
Not at that moment.
那种时候能看到内裤呀?
And you're telling me
你难道是说
she's having sex with her boyfriend, another girl,
她男友和别的女孩做爱
and she's not jealous?
她不会嫉妒吗
Well, actually, that was a stretch for me.
这事儿其实我挺难理解
I mean, she only slept with the guy twice.
我是说,她只和他睡了2次
That doesn't make him a boyfriend.
不代表他就是男朋友了
So are you changing sides?
你易帜了?
Now you're not guilty?
你支持无罪了吗
No. I don't know.
没有,我不知道
I just...
只是
The motive seemed ridiculous.
作案动机有点荒唐
College today-- a threesome doesn't mean anything.
现在的大学,3P不算什么
I'm getting old.
我古董了
I'm going back to college.
我要回大学念书
All right.
好吧
I think we should take another vote with our hands.
我们得再举手表决一次
All those in favor of not guilty?
认为无罪的举手
Seven to five.
7比5
Now we're getting somewhere.
有进步
I want to know how those voting not guilty can explain the picture.
我想知道,觉得无罪的人怎么解释那照片
What I don't understand, Miss Bauer,
鲍尔小姐,我不明白的是
is I looked at your student page, and there's a different shot.
我看了你的页面,发现了另一张照片
See, this one's from an earlier frame,
这张是上一幕的截图
and this one's from a later one...
而这张是下一幕
from your cell phone video.
都是从你的手机视频里截取的
Are you with the cops?
你和警察一伙的?
Well, I've been assigned to investigate.
我被派来调查
I erased it.
我删了
The video?
视频吗
I don't believe you.
我不相信
Anyone who brags about helping the police
任何在网上炫耀协助警察办案的人
on their student page isn't gonna erase anything.
都不会删掉任何东西
Look, I wasn't trying to hide anything from the police.
听着,我不是想对警察隐瞒什么
I know you weren't.
我知道
It's just I'd never done it before.
只是我从没做过这事
Done what?
什么事
Okay, Tim,
好的,蒂姆
I do this for you...
我这样做
You do this for me.
你也得照做
I was drunk. We were just sexting.
我醉了,我们只是在发性短信
If my parents saw this...
如果我父母看到了...
It's okay.
没事
We don't need to tell them.
我们不必告诉他们
Josh went up before the gunshot.
乔什在枪击前就上楼了
What?
什么
Josh went up before the gunshot.
他在枪击前上楼的
He said he went up afterwards.
他却说是之后上去的
Oh, my god!
老天
We need to get out of here.
我们得离开
Who's Josh talking to?
乔什在和谁说话
Who's that?
那是谁
I've seen him at the gym.
我在健身房见过他
Josh is always hanging out with him.
乔什总和他一起玩
I think he's on the coaching staff or something.
我想他是健身教练之类的吧
This guy. Who is he?
这人是谁
Oh, Ernie Suarez, assistant to the athletic director.
厄尼·苏亚雷斯,体育教练的助手
Does he have a locker here-Ernie?
这个厄尼,在这儿有储物柜吗
Yeah, a coach locker, but he hasn't cleared it out yet.
有个教练储物柜,但东西还没拿走
It's right there.
就在那儿
You got the keys?
你有钥匙吗
Um, don't you need a warrant or something?
不需要出示搜查证吗
Yeah, if I were a cop.
我不是警察
I can get bolt cutters in here,
我可以去弄把钳子来
But it'd be easier if you just opened it.
不如你直接打开,好省些事儿
So you're not a cop?
你不是警察吗
No.
不是
And you're not with campus police?
和校警也没关系?
So who are you?
那你是什么人
Kalinda.
凯琳达
Someone's been busy.
某人没闲着
Campus police checked the serial number on the computers.
校警检查了电脑的序列号
They're from a series of 30 campus burglaries over the last year.
全是过去1年中校园内失窃的30台
Good. So the narrative is this:
很好,如此看来
Josh killed Heather after she discovered him burglarizing her room.
乔什在海瑟房内盗窃被发现,杀她灭口
Listen, I'm gonna go catch a ride with campus police
我一会儿要跟着校警去出勤
when they go check Josh's room for more stolen goods.
他们要去乔什的房间搜查其它赃物
Good.
很好
Is that our ballistics expert?
那是我们的弹道专家吗
We'll see. I'm interviewing him now.
过会儿就知道了,我正要见他
God help us.
上帝保佑
What's going on? What?
怎么回事,什么
...is going on?
怎么回事
Will doesn't even look at you anymore.
威尔没再看过你一眼
He does.
有看过
You been a bad girl?
你干坏事啦?
Going now.
走了
In other news,
其它新闻
Sarah Palin spoke to party members in Texas
莎拉·佩林于得州会见党内成员
as part of her nationwide tour.
作为全国政巡的一部分
Palin took aim at the president again over national security.
佩林再次就国家安全问题,炮轰总统
We need a commander in chief,
我们需要的是一位总司令
not a professor of law standing at the lectern.
而不是讲台上的法学教授
America is ready...
美国已准备好...
So, professor, you're saying this is consistent
教授,你的鉴定结果表明
with the prosecution witness, Josh Mundy,
控方证人乔什·芒迪
firing the weapon that killed the victim?
开枪杀死了被害人
Yes. This is... Yes, I am.
是,是的
Even without evidence of gunshot residue on his hands?
哪怕他手上并未发现枪击残留物?
Yes, that's right.
是,没错
Could you explain?
能否解释一下
Well, yes, I, um...
可以,我...
Uh, let's see, uh...
我们来看
Here we go.
来看看
So the path of the bullet,
子弹的发射路径
Darn it.
见鬼
The gun was at chest level,
枪的高度在胸口位置
held by someone as tall as the accused,
持枪人身高与被告接近
and was shot from three feet away.
开枪距离,3呎
The defense ballistic expert--
辩方的弹道专家
when he finally got his laser pointer working...Objection.
好不容易修好激光笔之后...反对
Withdrawn.
我收回
He argued that the gunshot residue found on Bianca Price's hands
他主张,从比安卡手上发现的枪击残留物
could have come from her contact with the victim.
可能是通过与被害人的接触而来
Does that seem likely to you?
你认为这可能吗
No.
不
I don't know.
真搞不明白
Two experts say the exact opposite thing,
两位专家的结论截然相反
and they're both 100% certain.
双方还都100%肯定
So what do we do with that?
我们该怎么办
There was this CSI: New York,
《犯罪现场调查》某一集里
where the gun residue
枪击残留物
was transferred from one person to another.
从某人身上传到了另一人身上
They say it happens all the time.
据说这事常有发生
But that's TV.
那是电视剧
Yeah, but I've heard it some other place.
没错,但我听说过此类真实案件
Me, too.
我也听说过
So it's not impossible.
所以,不无可能
It's also weird how little there is, you know, physical evidence.
实物证据这么少,这点也很奇怪
There's the GSR.
不是有枪击残留物嘛
Yeah, but what about the forensic stuff?
是,但法医鉴定呢
The DNA?
DNA检测呢
So, wait, you two are changing your minds?
怎么,你们俩改主意了?
So, let's take another vote.
那我们再来投票
All those in favor of not guilty.
赞成无罪的举手
Okay, six to six.
好,6比6
Yeah, but it's a different six, so that's progress.
但阵营变了,这也算进展
Campus police. Coming in.
校警,我们进来了
All right, go ahead, check it out.
请检查
Anything?
有发现吗
Is your plan just to follow me?
你就打算一直跟着我吗
Yep. It's the only way I can get more from you than you from me.
是,唯有如此,我才能比你知道的更多
What's up?
怎么了
Josh finishes his threesome, goes downstairs to get a beer
乔什3P之后,下楼拿啤酒
in his shirtsleeves.
穿的是衬衫
Where did you get this?
照片哪里弄来的
Josh heads back upstairs.
后来乔什回楼上
Bianca in the bathroom hears the gunshot.
比安卡在卫生间里听到枪声
Everybody runs up and seconds later, as if by magic,
所有人急忙跑上去,几秒后,神奇般地
Josh in his leather jacket.
乔什穿上了皮夹克
He's cold. He puts on a jacket, it happens.
他觉得冷,穿上夹克,很正常
Or he uses it to cover the gunshot residue off his hands.
或者他用夹克包着手,挡住枪击残留物
Are you writing fiction these days?
你开始写小说了?
There's only one way to find out.
要弄清真相,只有一个办法
Check that for gunshot residue.
对夹克进行检测
Where would I go?
我会去哪儿
What do you mean?
什么意思
What prison?
哪所监狱
Dwight correctional center.
杜怀特惩教中心
Is that big?
大监狱吗
I don't know.
不清楚
We've got a really good case. I know.
这件案子,我们胜算很大,我知道
Just the people at school, they don't visit.
只是学校的朋友,他们不来探访
If my roommate were in prison, I guess I wouldn't either.
换我室友坐牢,我估计我也不会去探访
I don't know.
我不知道
45 years.
45年
That's a worst-case scenario.
那是最坏情况
Would you visit me?
你会来探监吗
Yes.
我会
Thank you.
谢谢你
I'm being stupid.
我太傻了
No.
怎么会
No, you're not being stupid.
你一点也不傻
This silently stoic thing--
所谓沉默克己
that's all just a pose, right?
只是故作姿态,对吧
When you get home, you start spouting Proust?
回家后,你就开始诵读普鲁斯特著作?
Yep.
完全正确
Yep.
完全正确
Well, to cowboys.
这杯是敬牛仔的
Who knew I loved cowboys?
谁知道我爱牛仔呢
Maybe it's in our DNA.
也许这是我们骨子里的东西
Part of being American.
美国人就是爱牛仔
You don't need to talk like that.
你没必要这么说话
I do need to talk like that, because that's how I talk.
还真得这么说话,因为我就是这么说话
You know, there's a selfishness to the silence of the cowboy--
牛仔的沉默,其实挺自私的
Forcing everybody else to carry the weight of the conversation.
把谈话的压力全压在别人头上了
Whew, what am I doing?
天,我到底在干嘛
No, I mean, really, what am I doing?
说真的,我到底在干嘛
You're having dinner.
你正在与我共进晚餐
I mean, you like Sarah Palin, and I-I...
你喜欢萨拉·佩林,而我...
I think she's the devil incarnate.
我认为她是恶魔的化身
Yep.
好吧
And choice--
至于选择...
I mean, how can you be for back alley abortions?
你怎么能支持非法堕胎呢
The murder of 1.2...
谋杀案的...
Don't-don't talk.
打住
Stoically silent?
沉默克己?
I can't.
我不能
I can't, I'm sorry.
我不能,抱歉
I want to, but I-I can't.
我真的想,但真不能
You have to go?
你要走吗
I want to stay,
我想留下
But 3 generations of democratic ancestors are screaming out in protest.
但脑海中三代民主先驱在呐喊抗议
That's a lot of generations.
有这么多代呀
I hope it's good.
希望情况对我们有利
We're struggling here.
因为我们这边正举步维艰
Potentially good.
可能对我们有利
They found gunshot residue on Josh's jacket.
他们在乔什的夹克上发现了枪击残留物
His... Where are you?
他的...你在哪儿
Police station.
警局
Listen, they found something else on it, too--
听好了,在那上面还有其它的发现
Heather's blood.
海瑟的血
They're interrogating Josh now.
他们正在审问乔什
Okay, I'll have to get a continuance.
好吧,我得去申请个诉讼延期
You may not have to. The cops are all over this.
也许不必了,警察把重点全放这儿了
Look, I'm outside the interrogation room.
我正在审讯室外面
Phone me when you get something.
一有什么情况就给我打电话
I'll call the troops, we'll line up the witnesses.
我会召集人马,然后把证人找好
A different ballistics expert.
换个弹道专家
Ahead of you.
早想到了
What?
什么情况
Malt ball?
要麦芽糖吗
What happened, Burton?
到底怎样了,伯顿
Well, he did burglarize those dorm rooms.
他的确盗窃了那些宿舍
He was actually in league with Heather.
事实上,他和海瑟是一伙的
They were planning to rob your client.
他们正计划在你当事人的宿舍行窃
Makes sense.
说得通嘿
Trying to kill his cohort in crime.
犯罪过程中试图杀掉同伙
And the lab confirms that is GSR on the jacket and Heather's blood.
实验室证实,夹克上有枪击残留物和海瑟的血
Okay...
好吧...
I'm not seeing how this is bad yet.
我没看到有什么不利之处
Well, it's not-- for me.
当然,对我是没什么不利的
The blood and the GSR were on the inside lining of the jacket.
血和枪击残留物,是在夹克的内衬上
So he wrapped it around his shooting hand.
那说明他用夹克包住了用枪的手
Josh said the jacket was on the floor of the bedroom.
乔什说夹克在卧室的地板上
He heard the shot, got into the room,
他听到了枪响,然后跑进房间
Grabbed the jacket from between Bianca and Heather,
抓起压在比安卡和海瑟之间的夹克
put it on and wore it home.
穿上以后就回家了
Because he's guilty.
因为他有罪
Yes... of burglary.
的确有罪,入室盗窃罪
I'm not an advocate here, Kalinda.
我可不是辩方律师,凯琳达
I don't lie to make things better for a client.
我不会为了帮助当事人而撒谎
I just look at the facts.
我只看事实证据
And the facts are against you.
而事实证据对你不利
Right.
好吧
Yeah.
喂
Oh, sorry, Alicia. It's late, I know.
抱歉这么晚打扰,艾丽西娅
No, no, no, no, I'm up.
没有,我没睡
Look, we ran into a problem with the narrative.
我们在案情构建上出了问题
I think we may need to put Bianca on the stand.
我们可能要让比安卡作证了
I thought Kalinda had something.
我还以为凯琳达有进展了
It didn't pan out.
没起作用
Do you think you'll be able to handle questioning her?
你觉得你能胜任盘问她吗
Yes.
能
We're in a weird place, I know.
我俩目前处境尴尬
It's okay.
没事的
No. I don't like being in a weird place.
不,我不喜欢尴尬
I know.
我知道
Me neither.
我也不想
When I look at you during the day,
当我在白天看着你时
I want to know what you're thinking.
我想知道你是怎么想的
Sometimes I don't even know what I'm thinking.
有时我也不知道我在想什么
Will...
威尔...
Yeah?
什么
If it had been differently...
如果当初情况不是这样...
...At Georgetown, if-if it had been us and not Peter,
在乔治城大学,若是我们在一起,而不是和彼得
We would have lasted a week.
最多也就在一起一周吧
No, we wouldn't have.
不会吧
We would have.
会的
It's romantic because it didn't happen.
距离产生美,得不到的才是最好的
If it had happened, it would have just...
要真得到了,只会是...
been life.
平淡如常
Will don't say that, please.
威尔别这样,求你了
I don't understand.
我没搞懂
9mm auto shot 6
9毫米自动6发手枪
They don't make them anymore 'cause they have a hair trigger.
这种枪已经停产,因为有微力扳机
The slightest pressure fires the mechanism.
极轻微的扣动都会走火
An accidental firing?
你说这是意外走火?
Yeah, but not the one that you'd expect.
对,但实际情形会出乎你们意料
The prosecution was correct.
控方是正确的
The shot came from three feet away.
枪击的确来自3呎之外
The weapon was in the drawer of your client's bureau.
枪就在你们当事人柜子的抽屉里
Heather was a thief,
海瑟是盗贼
and when Bianca was in the bathroom,
当比安卡在卫生间的时候
Heather checked the drawer for valuables, money.
海瑟在抽屉里找贵重物品和钱财
Oh, my god.
天哪
She checked the drawer with the weapon...
她翻找那个放枪的抽屉
...reached in to take it,
把手伸进去拿它
And...
然后
You're kidding.
不是吧
The shot was fired from three feet away,
枪击是在3呎之外
But vertically, not horizontally.
不过是垂直射击,并非水平
And it was accidentally fired by Heather.
是海瑟自己意外触动扳机
There's no service in here.
这里没有信号
And once it was fired,
射击完毕后
the gun fell to the floor.
枪就坠落到了地上
The problem was there was no blood or gunshot residue below the impact.
讨厌的是,地上没有血迹或枪击残留物
That's why I didn't see it.
所以我当初没想到这种可能
He took his jacket. That's right.
他拿走了夹克,是的
Mr. Mundy took his leather jacket from the floor,
芒迪从地上捡起皮夹克
and that had the blood and the GSR on it.
夹克上留有血迹和枪击残留物
You'll testify to this?
你会出庭作证吗
Of course. Usual fee.
当然,收费不变
The problem is, it's not a good story.
问题在于,这故事有点离奇
It's just a freak accident. There are no villains.
这只是离奇的意外,没人是凶手
But if it's true...
如果这是真的...
But it doesn't sound true.
但听起来不像真的
The prosecution's story sounds like the truth--
控方的说法才更像真的
There's a villain: Bianca, there's a motive: Jealousy.
凶手是比安卡,杀人动机是嫉妒
This story just says there's no rhyme or reason.
咱这个故事则是说,一切都没有条理
Everything's random.
都是随机的
Well, we're not trying to teach a lesson.
我们不是要教训他们
Just win a verdict. There's another problem.
只是要赢官司而已,但还有个问题
We've already set our story that Josh did it.
我们之前已经认定是乔西做的
Even our own ballistics expert supported that.
连我们的弹道学家也支持这个观点
Right. We'd have to contradict our own ballistics expert.
是的,我们得否掉自己的弹道专家
Well, there's an another way to settle this:
还有个办法
Ask the client.
去问当事人
So that's what happened?
这就是事情的经过?
That's what our ballistics expert said happened.
是我们的弹道专家所说的经过
So, I don't know. Do we put this new evidence on the stand or not?
那你们是否要将此作为呈堂证供
Which is smarter?
哪一种做法更合理
Well, that's up for discussion.
这正是我们要讨论的
Our worry is we tried one defense with the jury,
我们担心的是,我们先前是一种辩护主张
And now if we try another, we might do two things:
现在又换另一种,可能导致2种后果
Undercut our credibility
一是损害我们的可信度
and hurt our chances if the jury was believing our first defense,
二是如果陪审团已经相信是乔什作为
that Josh did it.
我们此举适得其反
So what should I do?
那我该怎么做
You go with the truth.
实事求是
The truth has the advantage of being true,
真相的优势就在于它是真的
and on some level, the truth is always more believable.
某种程度上来讲,真相永远更加可信
Then that's what we go with, the truth.
那我们就实事求是
And you believe the gunshot was self-inflicted?
你坚信枪击是自己造成的?
Well, I don't believe.
不是我坚信
The science points there.
科学事实摆在那里
The gunshot was accidentally self-inflicted.
枪是自己偶然引发的
Thank you, Mr. Mcveigh.
谢谢,麦克维先生
No problem.
不客气
As you said, Mr. Mcveigh,
如您所说,麦克维先生
You originally didn't want to testify in this case?
起初你并不愿意上庭作证
Yes. I thought Miss Price was guilty. Right.
是的,起初我认为普莱斯小姐有罪,好
Then two days ago you had an epiphany?
那两天前你顿悟了
Well, if by epiphany you mean a new piece of evidence--
如果你所说的顿悟,是指新证据
this jacket with bloodstain and GSR--
以及带血的夹克和枪击残留物
Then yes, I did have that.
那么是的,我顿悟了
A change of heart?
改变主意了?
Not my choice of words, but I won't object to 'em.
我不愿这么说,不过我不反对这种说法
You're staying at the Westin
你目前住在维斯汀酒店
while you testify in another case?
替另外一个案子作证
Yes.
是的
This is a hotel where many prosecutors house their witnesses?
许多检察官,将证人安排住于此地?
Yes, I believe that's true.
是的
It's a hotel where several prosecutors observed you
几名检察官看到你
meeting with another lawyer.
和一名律师在那里见面
Is that a question?
这算个问题吗
No.
不是
Here's the question:
我的问题是
Two nights ago before you magically changed your mind
在你神奇地改变主意前,前天晚上
about this case, did you have dinner with a partner
你和洛克哈特&加德纳律所的一位合伙人
from the law firm, Stern, Lockhart & Gardner?
共进晚餐了?
Yes. Objection!
是的,反对
The question's been answered, Mr. Gardner.
加德纳先生,问题已被回答
Yes, your honor, I'm sorry, but it was answered too quickly.
法官大人,抱歉,不过回答得过于迅速
Well let me overrule just as quickly.
那我也迅速地宣布反对无效
And after this dinner, the partner in question,
晚餐后,这位合伙人
Diane Lockhart,
戴安·洛克哈特
joined you in your hotel room?
去了你在宾馆的房间?
Yes.
是的
And did you have sexual relations?
你们发生性关系了吗
Objection, your honor! How is this relevant?
反对,法官大人,这与本案有什么关联
Well, I would imagine that Mr. Brody would say
我估计布罗迪先生是要说
that the witness's testimony was bought these alleged sexual relations,
他所声称的性关系,才使证人给出这些证词
isn't that correct, Mr. Brody?
对吗,布罗迪先生
It is, your honor.
是的,法官大人
Well, Mr. Brody, I will sustain Mr. Gardner's objections,
布罗迪先生,我宣布加德纳先生的反对有效
But I don't think you'll mind much
但我觉得你不会在意
because you just threw a stink bomb into the lap of the jury,
因为你刚给陪审团扔了一枚臭气弹
And now you're running for cover.
你可以去找掩体了
Your honor, this is an instance...
法官大人,这样一个例子...
And, Mr. Gardner, yes,
加德纳先生
I see the outrage on your face,
你面带愠色
which I might be more moved by if you hadn't done
如果你当初没对伯顿警探的证词如法炮制
the exact same thing with Detective Burton's testimony.
我还能多同情你一点
Excuse me, your honor, with all dues respect... Please, your honor...
不好意思,法官大人,恕我直言,法官大人
No, no, no.
打住打住
This one we're calling a draw, gentlemen.
这方面算你们打平了
You have both been playing fast and loose
你们的做法都不够君子
with implications, not facts,
都是推断,而非事实
so we're gonna try and let justice take care of itself.
所以,咱还是等待公正的结果吧
You have any more questions, Mr. Brody? No, your honor,
有问题吗,布罗迪先生,没有,法官大人
But we do request a limiting instruction.
但我方请求对陪审团做出指引
Members of the jury,
各位陪审员
in weighing Mr. Mcveigh's testimony, you may consider any potential bias
权衡麦克维先生的证词时
in assessing the weight you want to give to what he had to say.
你们可以考虑他是否存有偏向
You know, I think it's almost medieval.
这简直是中世纪的做法
They toss us in here, they lock the door,
他们把我们扔在这儿,锁上门
They throw a lot of contradictory evidence at us,
他们拿出一堆互相矛盾的证据
And then they expect us to come up with a fair decision.
却指望我们得出公正的结论
I mean, come on.
大家说说吧
So...
那么...
...Shall we take another vote?
我们是不是应该再投一次票
I am finished with this conversation.You're in my office.
我不跟你说了,你在我办公室呢
You don't have the courtesy...
你真是无礼
You don't understand what you did to this firm.
你没意识到你把公司害惨了
Okay, I'm getting out of here.
好,我要走了
Did it even occur to you to tell me?
你有想过要告诉我吗
No, it didn't.
没有
I was under the mistaken impression that it was my life
我错以为,这是我的生活
It's your life when it doesn't impact our clients.
只有不影响当事人时候,才是你的生活
It didn't impact our clients.
这没有影响当事人
Diane, the jury ate it up.
戴安,陪审团很受影响
It was sex.
重点只剩下性
It wasn't GSR or ballistics, it was sex.
枪击残留物和弹道报告都不重要了,只剩性
I'm going home.
我要回家了
If you had just told me.
但凡你当初告诉我就好
If you had just given me a sign!
哪怕给个迹象
Come on. Come on.
得了,得了
Don't be a hypocrite.
别伪君子了
A hypocrite? How am I a hypocrite?
伪君子?我怎么伪君子了
Alicia.
艾丽西娅
That's supposed to what, make me quake,
你这话该起到啥效果?使我发抖?
Make me humble?
使我卑躬屈膝?
Make you honest.
使你诚实
There's nothing going on with Alicia.
我和艾丽西娅什么事都没有
That's not true.
撒谎
It is true.
事实如此
Will... I have two eyes.
威尔,我有眼睛
Then use them.
那就睁大眼仔细盯着
Watch me.
盯着我
Watch us.
盯着我们
There's nothing going on with Alicia.
我和艾丽西娅什么事都没有
Turn out the lights.
关灯吧
Prosecution's come in with a last-minute offer:
控方最后给了个条件
Second-degree murder, ten years.
二级谋杀,10年监禁
We don't have a lot of time.
我们时间不多
When the verdict comes in, the offer goes away.
陪审团裁决一出来,条件就失效
You'd be 34 years old, baby.
宝贝儿,你34岁就能出来
You'd still...
那时你还能...
You'd still have a life.
还能有自己的人生
But if they find you guilty...
但如果陪审团认定有罪
45 years, no parole.
45年监禁,不得假释
2055. I-I...
那是2055年,我...
What do you think?
你的意见是?
I think you didn't do it...
我觉得你无罪...
And the jury will see that.
陪审团会看清这点的
Really?
真的吗
Yes.
嗯
You only need one juror.
只需要1个陪审员支持你就行
Yes, but if you're wrong, you'll go back to work,
没错,但如果你判断错了,你回去上班了
and I watch my daught...
我只能看着我女儿...
Oh, my god, I can't do this.
我的天,我冒不了这个险
I know.
我知道
Can you give us a minute?
让我们单独呆会好吗
Mom...
妈...
It's gonna be okay. It's gonna be okay.
会好的,会好的
Listen, listen, they were just arguing the opposite!
听着,他们只是想方设法证明她没杀人
Which they're allowed to.
他们有权这样
They're the defense.
他们是辩方
But two ballistic experts, one saying one thing,
但他们的2个弹道专家,一个这么说
The other saying...They're the defense.
一个那么说,他们是辩方
The whole point is to poke holes in the prosecution's case.
他们要做的,就是找控方陈述的漏洞
Yes, but this ballistics expert said
对,但那个弹道专家说
two days ago he thought one thing, now he's thinking another--
2天前他那么觉得,现在又这么觉得
Right! And what if in three days more he thinks something else?
没错,如果3天后他又改主意了呢
Hey, doc,
嗨,医生
You look depleted.
你似乎累坏了
I guess I am.
大概是吧
I don't know.
说不清
I sit here listening to everybody talk,
听着大家的争论
And I just feel like we weren't given enough information.
我只是觉得,我们得到的信息不足
So what do we do?
怎么办
Do you have reasonable doubt?
你们觉得,有合理怀疑吗
I don't know.
说不清
I just have...
我只是有...
Reasonable ignorance.
合理的不知情
Kalinda, we've got a problem.
凯琳达,有麻烦了
The bailiff's warning that the verdict's coming in.
法警说陪审团裁决要出来了
Okay.
哦
Bianca and her mother want to talk to us.
比安卡和她母亲要和我们谈谈
Oh, no.
天
Yep. Where's Cary? We need Cary.
凯里在哪儿,得找他来
Why?
为什么
She likes him. Maybe he can talk to her.
她喜欢他,也许他能跟她谈谈
Okay.
好
Okay...
好了
We're unanimous.
意见一致了
Oh! Yes!
哦耶
Finally. Good job.
总算搞定了,干得不错
Democracy in action.
民主实践
All for $15 a day.
一天15块钱嘿
I bet a lot of jurors trade numbers and say they'll stay in touch.
很多陪审员都会互留电话保持联系
but I bet nobody does.
但我敢说咱们不会
Why don't we just save time and not trade numbers?
咱省省时间,别留号码了
Hello, judge.
你好,法官
I thought I'd just join you in here and thank you for your service.
我以为我会只是来感谢你们
Unfortunately, I now need to excuse you and thank you for your service.
很遗憾,我现在得撤销你们的任务,并感谢你们
What did we do? Nothing.
我们做错什么了,没有
You did your job well.
你们做得很好
This happens sometimes,
但有时就是这样
And there's no way to prepare for it.
让人猝不及防
The prosecution and defense have agreed to a plea bargain just seconds ago.
就在刚才,控辩双方达成了一项辩诉交易
You're kidding me?
开玩笑吧?
No, I'm sorry, I'm not.
抱歉,是真的
This happens sometimes
有时候就是这样
when one side or the other worries about the outcome.
因为某一方对结果过于担心
So again, thank you.
抱歉,再次谢谢各位
I hope this doesn't diminish your enthusiasm for the court system
我希望这不会影响你们对法庭的热情
Because in another year you're gonna get another summons.
因为1年以后你们又会得到法庭召唤
So what happened?
最后怎么样了
What was the plea bargain?
辩诉交易是什么内容
Oh. Miss Price agreed to a charge of second-degree murder.
普莱斯小姐接受了二级谋杀指控
Ten years.
10年监禁
Thanks again.
再次感谢各位