手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《美少女的谎言》 > 美少女的谎言第一季 > 正文

美少女的谎言第一季(MP3+中英字幕):第17集 学校召开家长会

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Previously on "Pretty Little Liars"

《美少女的谎言》前情提要
Have a good day.
祝你今天开心
Hey, if you need a place to stay...
如果你需要一个容身之处的话
There's an old couch in my basement.
我家地下室里有个旧沙发
My mom will never know.
我妈不会知道的
Was there a second watch? Was anyone else keeping time?
有其他计时器吗,或是有其他人计时吗
It was a tie, Paige. You and Emily tied.
是平局,佩奇,你和艾米丽不分胜负
You need to be home where you're safe.
你需要回家,回到安全的地方
You could chain me to this porch,
你可以把我囚禁在这个门廊上
and I'd still never touch you like that again.
但我永远不会再像那样碰你了
I just got off the phone with Mrs. Potter's housekeeper.
我刚和波特女士的管家通完电话
Mrs. Potter had a heart attack.
波特女士心脏病突发
Paige?
佩奇
I'm sorry, Emily.
对不起,艾米丽
I just wanted you to know that.
我只是想让你知道我很抱歉
I think maybe you're being framed.
我觉得你可能是被陷害的
What changed your mind?
是什么改变了你的看法
I think somebody might be trying to do the same thing to me.
我觉得或许有人企图对我故技重施
So, this is what a real date with Ezra Fitz looks like.
原来跟以斯拉·费兹约会是这排场
Lead the way.
你带路呗
I gave your mom the museum ticket.
是我把艺术馆的票给你妈的
Why would you do that?
你为什么那么做
"A" Has something on me.
A手上有我的把柄
"A" Has something on all of us, Hanna.
A有我们所有人的把柄,汉娜
Okay, Your sister's pregnant. How'd that happen?
你姐姐怀孕了,如何发生的
I figure pretty much the usual way.
就这么发生了呗
It's not really a "How" question.
你不应该问"如何"
It's more of a "Why" question.
而该问"为什么"
Well, I mean, I guess Melissa could have gone all maternal,
我想梅丽莎可能是母性爆发了吧
but I doubt it.
但我有点怀疑
This is so creepy.
这也太恐怖了
Where are they now?
他们现在在哪儿
Philadelphia. Shopping.
在费城大采购呢
What do you think this means?
你觉得这是什么意思
I don't know, but Toby wanted us to have it.
不知道,但是托比给了我们这个
There.
这儿
It's in braille, so...
是用盲文写的,所以
You want to see this, Aria? No.
你想过来看这个吗,艾瑞亚,不
I can see just fine from here.
我在这儿看就挺好的
Okay.
好的
The first letter is a "B".
第一个字母是B
"A". It's an "A".
A,是A
I think it's gonna tell us who "A" is.
我觉得这是要告诉我们A是谁吧
"D".
D
BAD.
BAD.
"Bad."
"坏蛋"
That's the whole message? "Bad?"
这就是所有的信息吗,"坏蛋"
What's it supposed to mean?
这应该是什么意思呢
It means you got punked.
意思就是你被耍了
Toby doesn't trust us. I don't blame him.
托比不信任我们,我不怪他
No, I don't think he'd mess with us like this.
不,我觉得他不会这样耍我们的
You'd be surprised what people are capable of.
你会对人的潜能大吃一惊的
You guys, we have to figure this out.
姐妹们,我们得搞清楚这是什么意思
This might be a joke, but it could be something real.
这也许是个玩笑,但也可能是真的
Look, either way, Toby's not the enemy.
不管怎样,托比都不是我们的敌人
You know what, guys? I'm gonna go.
姐妹们,我要走了
What was that all about?
她怎么回事
How should I know?
我怎么知道
Doesn't look like very much.
看起来不怎么多啊
Well, it's all we have.
这是我们的全部家当了
The rest is gone.
剩下的都没了
You know, mom, Mrs. Potter doesn't need that money anymore.
妈妈,波特女士不再需要那笔钱了
No, but we can't keep it.
是不需要,但我们也不能留着这笔钱
No, not keep it,
不,不是留着
But I don't know, maybe we could
我也不知道,或许我们可以
give it to somebody who needs it.
把钱给那些需要它的人
I love you for thinking that,
我很高兴你能这么想
but I just want this nightmare to be over.
但我只想早点结束这场噩梦
I'm putting the money back in the safe deposit box, what is left of it.
我准备把剩下的钱放回保险箱里
I'll see you tonight. All right.
晚上见,好的
Bye, mom.
再见,妈妈
I left a wakeup call for nine.
我设了九点的闹钟
Do you want something to eat?
你想吃点什么吗
You mean this is one of those basement breakfast places?
你是说这儿也是地下室早餐点之一吗
I don't know how long we can keep doing this.
我不知道我们能这样下去多久
Well, it won't be long.
不会很久的
You'd go back to your foster parents?
你要回养父母那儿去吗
Not a chance.
怎么可能
But I've almost saved up enough to get out to Arizona.
但我已经差不多攒够去亚利桑那州的钱了
I have a friend in Flagstaff.
我有个朋友在旗杆市
You gonna miss me?
你会想我吗
Well, it was nice knowing
知道半夜听到的碰撞声
when something goes bump in the night, it's you.
是你发出的,这点还挺好的
What have you got to be afraid of?
是什么让你感到害怕呢
Forgot this.
忘带这个了
Honey? Put on gloves if you're gonna do the dishes.
亲爱的,要洗碗的话,把手套带上
Right.
好的
Hey.
I can't do this anymore.
我不能再这么下去了
Last night after I left I felt awful.
我昨晚离开后感觉糟透了
I'm sorry for what I did and
我对我做的一切
and what almost happened.
和差点酿成的大祸感到很抱歉
I should have figured it out.
我应该想明白的
At least I should have listened to you.
起码我应该听你解释
Yeah, well, it was terrible, but...
是啊,这是挺糟的,但是
All I could think about was my mom.
我当时只顾着想我妈了
I'm sorry. I was so mean.
对不起,我对你太坏了
Well, I had it coming.
没事,我有心理准备
No.
I was thinking
我在想
"A" could have given that ticket to my mom,
A可以直接把那张票给我妈
but they made you do it
但是却让你去做
just to make it hurt more.
只为造成更大的伤害
I want to say that it's all "A's" fault,
我很想说这都是A的错
but I'm the one who gave your mom that ticket.
但确实是我把票给你妈的
And I don't like knowing what I'm capable of.
我真后悔自己会这么做
Yeah, but you didn't go through with it.
是啊,但你及时停止了
Okay? That's the difference.
知道吗,这就是区别
It was a silent auction,
当时参加了一场无声拍卖
and a private book signing and coffee with the author.
私人签名售书,还和作者一起喝了咖啡
I really liked his early work,
我很喜欢他早期那部
that book about the teacher in Newark.
讲述一个在纽瓦克市的老师的书
So, do you want coffee with Leonard Adams
那你想和伦纳德·亚当斯一起喝咖啡
and an autographed book? Count me in.
并得到他亲笔签名的书吗,算我一个
What was the name of the newark book?
那部讲纽瓦克的书叫什么名字
Loose leaf.
《活页》
That was good, wasn't it?
那书不错,是吧
Well, why don't you come with us, Ella?
埃拉,你干嘛不和我们一起去呢
How many people can you bring?
你能带多少人去
Asas many as I want.
想带多少带多少
Well, come with us, Ella.
那跟我们一起去吧,埃拉
All right, I will.
好的,我会去的
You know, Aria might be right about this.
或许艾瑞亚说得对
Toby does have every reason to give us a hard time.
托比完全有理由给我们制造麻烦
I suppose, but that's just not the feeling
我也这么想,但我和他谈话时
that I got from talking to him.
他给我的感觉不是这样的
Do you know what I mean? Yeah, I do.
你懂我的意思吗,我懂
What is with you and the artful dodger?
你和那个逃难者是怎么一回事啊
Who? Caleb.
谁,凯勒
I thought that thing at the swim meet was a oneoff.
我以为上次游泳比赛见过就完了呢
It was. We just saw you talking to him.
是啊,可我们刚看见你又和他说话了
And you gave him something that looked like a wet oven mitt.
你好像给了他一双湿的微波炉手套
It was his hat. What are you doing with his hat?
那是他的帽子,你拿他帽子干嘛
Why shouldn't I have his hat?
我就不能拿他帽子吗
Hanna, maybe you're looking
汉娜,或许你和肖恩分手后
for something a little edgier after Sean.
想找个更犀利点的
But this guy is dark.
不过这家伙很邪恶
Spencer, he's not that dark.
斯宾塞,他没那么坏
He's dark enough.
坏透了
Well, he's no arthur dodger, whoever that is.
他才不是什么逃难者呢
Yeah, he's just had it tough.
他只是生活上有点困难罢了
Are you two on speaking terms again?
你们俩又和好了吗
Of course we are.
当然了
You need to be really careful about that guy.
你真得防着点那家伙
Well, it seems to me we had this conversation once about Toby.
貌似我们以前也是这么说托比的吧
I'm looking for coach Walton.
我来找沃尔顿教练
Is the coach expecting you?
你跟她预约了吗
The coach is avoiding me. That's what the coach is doing.
她在躲着我,这就是她的回应
Are you a parent?
你是家长吗
Yes, I'm a parent. Nick McCullers.
是的,我是家长,尼克·麦卡勒斯
My daughter is Paige McCullers.
佩奇·麦卡勒斯是我女儿
I have your daughter in English comp.
我是你女儿的英文课老师
I'm Ezra Fitz.
我是以斯拉·费兹
The coach.
教练呢
Tell you what, why don't we walk down to the principal's office
要不我们去校长室看看
and see if we can't find coach Walton?
能不能找到沃尔顿教练吧
Actually, I've seen the principal, and all I got
事实上,我已经见过校长了
was a lot of politically correct doubletalk
他说了一堆关于什么权利平等的漂亮话
about the agenda in this place that's penalizing my daughter,
而实际上我女儿受到了不公的待遇
taking opportunities away from her
把明明是属于她的机会
and giving them to someone who doesn't deserve them!
让给其他不够格的运动员
Everybody gets a fair chance here, Mr. McCullers.
麦卡勒斯先生,这里每个人都是平等的
We go out of our way to make sure that that's how it works.
我们都特别用心地工作来达到这一标准
My girl is the best swimmer on that team,
我女儿是游泳队里最棒的
and you can't give it to somebody just because
你们不能把机会让给别人就因为...
Yor're in a cafeteria, Mr. McCullers,
这里是食堂,麦卡勒斯先生
filled with kids trying to have lunch.
都是些来吃午饭的学生
I don't think that's the audience you want, is it?
你也不想在他们面前吵架吧
Hello, Mrs. Marin. I'm James Lehand.
你好,玛琳女士,我是詹姆斯·利兰
Have a seat, Mr.Leland.
请坐,利兰先生
I'm sorry, my regular assistant didn't make your appointment.
抱歉,我的日常助理没和您预约
All I know is, you need to speak to an officer.
据我所知,你想找个主管谈
I'm Esther Potter's nephew.
我是艾斯特·波特的外甥
She died recently.
她最近去世了
Yes, I'm sorry. She was a loyal customer.
是的,我很遗憾,她是我们的忠实客户
I'd like to talk to you about her accounts,
我是来跟你谈她的账户的
her safety deposit box.
她的保险箱
Um... Actually,
实际上
we were under the impression
据我们所知
Mrs. Potter had no living relatives.
波特女士没有亲戚在世
She certainly was the last of the Potters.
她确实是波特家的最后一脉香火了
But her sister married my grandfather
但是她姐姐和我爷爷是在锡拉库扎
up in Syracuse, where I'm from.
结婚的,也就是我的家乡
I think technically that makes me a greatnephew.
我想理论上来说,我也算是个甥孙了
Yes.
是的
Well, the state revenue agency will need to see your I.D.
你需要向州税局出示你的身份证
before I can release any information
我才能提供保险箱的信息
or give you access to the safe deposit box.
或是给你保险箱的钥匙
I thought so.
我也是这么想的
I brought copies.
我把复印件带来了
Oh...Good.
很好
Leland & Daley?
利兰&戴利
Yes, we're architects.
是的,我们是建筑师
I will get these to the revenue agency.
我会把复印件送到税务局的
It's a little late in the day to expect a response.
今天有点晚了,可能等不到答复了
I have business in the area.
我正好在这儿有点生意要谈
I'm here for a few days.
会在这里逗留几天
My cell number's on there.
我的电话号码在名片上
Of course.
好的
Were you and your aunt... close?
你和你的姨母亲近吗
For most of my life,
她给我的印象基本上
she was a birthday card with a $5 bill in it.
就是张夹着五美元的生日贺卡
But she never missed a birthday.
不过她每次生日都会记得
I understand.
我明白了
How about you? How well did you know my aunt?
你呢,你了解我姨母吗
My greataunt.
我的姨祖母
She came in once a year,
她一年来一次
like santa claus.
跟圣诞老人一样
She was very sweet.
她是个很好的人
When I called, they told me
我打电话的时候,他们告诉我说
that you had spoken to her just before she died.
你在她死之前和她聊过天
I'd like to know what you thought of her.
我想知道你对她的看法
I don't know what I could tell you.
我也不知道能告诉你些什么
We could talk about it over drinks.
我们可以边喝边聊
I don't know.
我也不知道
Consider it. You've got the number.
考虑一下,你有我号码的
I will get these to the revenue office.
我会把复印件送去税务局的
Thank you.
谢谢你
Listen, I didn't know my dad was coming.
听着,我不知道我爸爸会来
He wanted to know how somebody could beat me.
他想知道怎么会有人能打败我
He wanted to know if I slacked off, but I didn't.
想看看我是不是偷懒了,但我没有
You know I didn't.
你知道我没有
I told him we tied but you got the slot.
我跟他说我们平手,但你却得以上场
Because I'm gay? No.
就因为我是同性恋吗,不是
I didn't say anything. He must have asked around.
我什么都没说,他一定是四处打听知道的
But I didn't tell him. I swear.
我真没告诉他,我发誓
I have to go to class.
我要去上课了
So you can't make it to any of
那你就是一个家长会
the teacher conferences?
也去不了咯
No. I can do them.
是的,去也行
I just need to reschedule them for tomorrow.
但是明天的行程就都得重新安排了
You don't have to see all of them.
你不用每个老师都见的
You should meet her French teacher, Mr. Carinci,
你该去见见她的法语老师,柯伦斯先生
and...Oh, are you going to meet Ezra? Ezra?
对了,你要去见以斯拉吗,以斯拉
Ezra Fitz, her English teacher.
以斯拉·费兹,她的英语老师
Aria's crazy about him,
艾瑞亚对他可崇拜了
and I can see why.
我现在知道是为什么了
He's very smart, he's attractive, sensitive.
他思维敏捷,很吸引人,又感性
Does he also play guitar?
他也弹吉他吗
Uh, not that I know of,
这我倒不知道
but he does know how to handle a loose cannon.
不过他挺会对付那些我行我素的人的
Today Nick McCullers showed up.
今天尼克·麦卡勒斯来学校了
McCullers. From the library board?
麦卡勒斯,图书馆委员会的那个吗
The same one,with the very same paranoia.
就是那个人,还是一样那么偏执
He was about to launch into the gay agenda
他居然准备在食堂里
right there in the cafeteria.
说些同性恋权利的言论
Ezra totally calmed the waters,
是以斯拉平息了风波
completely defused the situation.
缓和了场面
It was something to see.
值得一看
Hmm. Well, I'm sorry I missed that.
真可惜我没看到
You should meet him. You'll like him.
你该见见他,你会喜欢他的
I'm late. Listen, Ella.
我要迟到了,对了,埃拉
I thought maybe we could just pick up from where we left off.
我想我们或许可以重修旧好
Maybe next friday?
下周五怎么样
Sure.
好的
Uh, I can't. I'm actually
呃,我不行,我跟以斯拉
going to a book signing with Ezra. Leonard Adams.
约好去参加伦纳德·亚当斯的签名售书会
Aadams? I thought you hated Adams.
亚当斯,我还以为你讨厌亚当斯呢
I liked his early stuff. Rain check?
我喜欢他早期的作品,改天吧
Yeah, rain check.
好的,改天
Toby?
托比
Can I talk to you a second?
我能跟你说几句吗
I can't talk.
我没时间说话
Something's up with the D.A.
地方检察官找我有事
The lawyer's driving me over to my dad's office.
律师要把我送去我爸的办公室
Just tell me Was that supposed to be a joke?
告诉我,那是个玩笑吗
Were you just trying to get back at me? Because if you were
你是想报复我的吗,要真这样的话
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说什么
I'm talking about what I found in my book.
我说的是我在书里找到的东西
The braille that you wanted me to have.
你给我的那行盲文
That was no joke.
那不是玩笑
"Bad"?
"坏蛋"
The whole message was "Bad." What does that mean?
整个信息就是"坏蛋",什么意思
Am I supposed to go buy an old Michael Jackson album?
难道要我去买张MJ的旧专辑吗
You're reading it wrong.
你读的方式不对
I can't do this now. Come back Saturday in the morning.
我现在没法跟你解释,周六早上过来吧
Jenna is out at her flute lesson.
詹娜出去上长笛课了
I think you're taking a big chance with this guy.
我觉得你跟他在一起是在冒险
I am a very good judge of character.
我看人很准的
Is that why you fixed Aria up with an old con?
所以你就撮合艾瑞亚跟一老骗子吗
An old con who had everyone fooled.
一个耍了所有人的老骗子
Maybe Caleb is the same.
也许凯勒也是一样
It's...Only Hanna.
只是汉娜而已
I wasn't asking you who you were on the phone with.
我并没问你跟谁打电话
Do you want the last bit of cobbler?
你想要最后一点果馅饼吗
I can bring it up for you.
我可以给你拿过来
No, thanks.
不用,谢谢
Okay.
好吧
What do you mean, "Only Hanna?" It's my mom.
什么叫"只是汉娜而已",是我妈
Things are still subzero around here.
我跟她还在冷战
Did you tell her about Paige's dad coming to school?
你告诉她佩奇她爸来学校的事了吗
No point. She'll say it's my fault
没用的,她会说是我自作自受
for choosing a disgusting lifestyle.
谁叫我选了这么个恶心的生活方式呢
Paige is such a nob.
佩奇真是欠揍
I don't think it's all her fault.
我觉得也不全是她的错
What do you mean?
你什么意思
What's going on between you and Aria?
你跟艾瑞亚之间是怎么回事啊
It's nothing you have to worry about.
你没什么好担心的
You were snarking at each other
你们俩冷眼相对
like you were on a reality show.
好像在演真人秀似的
"The Real Teens of Rosewood."
"玫瑰镇青少年的真实生活"
Oh, tell me about Toby.
跟我说说托比吧
He says we have what he wanted us to have.
他说那个就是他想给我们的东西
It's the right message,
信息没错
I'm just reading it wrong.
只是我读的方式不对
He wants me to come to his house Saturday.
他想让我周六去他家
Are you going?
你去吗
If I don't, how are we gonna figure this out?
我不去的话,我们又怎么查出真相呢
I'm shut out with Melissa and Ian.
我已经被梅丽莎和伊恩排斥在外了
Where are you?
你在哪儿
What do you mean? I'm right here.
你什么意思,我就在家啊
Any fire truck you can hear at your house I can hear at mine.
消防车的声音我们两家应该都能听到
Oh, my god! Are you in his apartment?
天啊,你是在他家吗
Are you on the bed?
你是在床上吗
No. I'm not on the bed.
不是,我没在床上
Is he there?
他在吗
Nnot exactly.
暂时不在
Is he taking a shower?
他在洗澡吗
He's getting takeout for dinner.
我出去买外卖了
And this call's becoming very 1900.
这电话开始变成10086了吗
"To talk to a hot English teacher, press 3."
"与火辣英文老师讲话,请按3"
Call ending now.
我要挂了
Tomorrow? Yeah, tomorrow.
明天吗,没错,明天
Hey. Hi there.
嘿,好啊
Sorry it took so long.
抱歉去了这么久
It's okay.
没事
Looks like Rose of Sharon has been discovered.
看来大家都发现了木槿小吃店
Big crowd at the takeout counter.
外卖窗口外一大堆人
I meet your dad tomorrow.
我明天要和你爸见面
I know.
我知道
I was thinking this is gonna be a bit more complex
我在想这将会比平常的家长会
than the usual parentteacher discussion.
要稍微复杂些
I mean, I can see your mom's a colleague, she's safe.
我可以将你妈视为同事,没什么大碍
But your dad is your dad, which is complex.
但你爸就是你爸,有点复杂
You will like him, he'll like you.
你会喜欢他,他会喜欢你
Just be your normal incredible self.
就像你平时那么出色就行了
What is he after?
他想要什么
He's probably just what he says he is,
他可能就像他所说的那样
a nephew cleaning up after a distant relative.
来处理远房姨母的后事吧
"Probably"?
"可能"
I'll know more after the second martini.
得跟他喝完酒,我才能了解到更多
Hello.
你们好
Caleb. Wow.
凯勒,哇哦
Hello, Mrs. Marin.
你好,玛琳女士
Hanna thought it was about time you and me met.
汉娜觉得是时候让咱们见见面了
I did?
有吗
I did. Um...Mom, this is caleb.
是的,妈,这是凯勒
Rivers.
里弗斯
Nice to meet you, Caleb.
很高心见到你,凯勒
Mrs. Marin, you have a lovely home
就我所见,玛琳女士
from what I've seen of it.
您的家真漂亮
Caleb is new to Rosewood this year.
凯勒今年新到玫瑰镇
They brought me in to class the place up.
他们让我进班补上空的那个
I see.
我明白了
Hanna, can I talk to you for a second?
汉娜,我能和你说几句吗
Is he some sort of rebound from Sean?
他是你和肖恩分手的过渡期吗
What?! No.
什么,不是
I don't want you alone with him in the house.
我不想让你单独和他待在家里
Go out. If you're gonna study, go to the library.
出去吧,若你们要学习的话就去图书馆
You let me study here with Sean.
可你让我在这儿和肖恩学习的呀
Well, I knew Sean. Sean was a minister's son.
我了解肖恩,他是牧师的儿子
Sean called you "Hanna Banana."
肖恩还叫你"汉娜甜心"呢
I'll get that for you.
我为你们开门吧
Hi.
你好
Hello. I'm looking for Mrs. Marin.
你好,我是来找玛琳女士的
Come on in.
进来吧
She's in the kitchen with Hanna.
她跟汉娜在厨房
Hanna? Her daughter.
汉娜,是她女儿
Are you her son?
你是她儿子吗
No. I'm just the guy who opens the door.
不是,我只是帮忙开门而已
Mr. Leland,
利兰先生
this is my daughter Hanna.
这是我女儿汉娜
Hello. Hello, Hanna.
你好,你好,汉娜
Oh, I forgot to get your signature on this.
我忘了让你在这上面签字了
It's just part of authorizing you
这是授权给你看保险箱
to look at the safety deposit box.
手续的一部分
Sure.
好的
Thank you.
谢谢
Okay.
好了
I won't be late. Okay.
我不会很晚回来的,好的
What are you doing?
你在干什么
Coming to the front door like that?
居然这样堂而皇之地从前门进来
I thought it was a better way to meet your mom
我觉得这样认识你妈总比
than her tripping over me behind the furnace.
哪天我躲在炉子时绊倒她要好
Yeah, but just knocking on the door?
但就这样敲门而入
Why couldn't you ask me? You would have said no?
你怎么不问问我,你不会同意的
My mom thinks you're trouble.
我妈觉得你是问题少年
And you don't like her new boyfriend.
你不喜欢她的新男友
He's not her boyfriend. He's a customer at the bank.
那个不是她男友,只是个银行客户
Some architect from Syracuse.
什么锡拉库扎的建筑设计师
Really.
真的啊
What do you mean "Really"?
你这话是什么意思
He had a crappy plastic pen.
他有只很烂的塑料笔
So?
那又怎样
So, architects draw for a living.
建筑设计师可是以画画为生的
They tend to be pen snobs,
他们就是钢笔控
strictly Mont Blanc and beyond.
起码得用万宝龙以上档次的笔
Why does he creep you out?
你为什么那么恐惧他
He doesn't creep me out.
我没恐惧他
Yes, he does. You get a bad vibe from the guy.
明明就有,你跟那家伙气场很不对
It's complicated. Tell me.
事情很复杂,跟我讲讲
I like complicated.
我就喜欢复杂的东西
Aria does a great deal of independent reading.
艾瑞亚课外阅读量挺丰富的
You can see she's excited by the idea of fiction.
看得出来她很喜欢小说的构思
It's one of the things that makes her such a good student.
这也是她如此优秀的原因之一
So you're taking my wife out.
你要约我太太出去
Uhsorry?
什么
Well, you're going out with my wife
你打算约我太太出去
to some book event?
参加什么书的活动
Right, right. The book signing next week.
是的是的,下周有个签名售书活动
It's an event for an author we both like, Leonard Adams.
我俩都喜欢那个作家,伦纳德·亚当斯
Leonard Adams. Do you
伦纳德·亚当斯,你
Do you think he's good?
你觉得他很出色吗
I like some of his stuff very much.
我非常欣赏他的一些作品
Ella's a fan, too.
埃拉也是他的粉丝
Well, I think he's a fake, very overrated.
我觉得他很做作,有点名不副实
He has his critics.
是有人批评他
He certainly wouldn't fit in to
他肯定不适合作为
what I'm trying to do with Aria's class.
我给艾瑞亚他们上课的内容
Is he really your idea of a good writer?
他真是你心目中所谓的好作家吗
WellI like a lot of writers
我喜欢很多作家
for a lot of different reasons.
出自不同的理由
Yeah. Ella used to hate him.
埃拉以前不喜欢他的
I mean, I can remember she
我还记得她曾经
threw his latest novel clear across our bedroom.
把他的新作从我们卧室扔出去
She was so angry.
她当时非常不爽
But, uh, look at you. You've turned her around.
不过,瞧瞧你,竟改变了她的看法
How'd you manage to do that?
你是怎么做到的
A silent auction.
那是个无声拍卖
For charity.
为慈善而办的
When are you supposed to see Toby?
你什么时候去见托比
Tomorrow, while Jenna's at her music lesson.
明天,詹娜上音乐课的时候
Take it. No.
你买吧,不要
No, you take it.
不,你买吧
The storm has passed.
雨过天晴咯
What was going on with you two?
你们两个怎么回事
Okay, so, you know how I went to that museum with Ezra?
好吧,都知道我和以斯拉看展览的事吧
Well, "A" tried to get hanna to ruin it.
A想让汉娜去搞破坏
Ruin it how?
怎么破坏
"A" gave me another ticket
A给了我另一张票
and made me give it to Aria's mom.
逼我把票给艾瑞亚的妈妈
God! Hanna, why didn't you tell us what was happening?
天啊,汉娜,你怎么不告诉我们这事
Well, I tried to stop it.
我试图阻止这一切
I mean, her mom's car didn't just stall.
她妈妈的车并非无故抛锚的
Caleb fixed it to keep from getting there,
凯勒在车上动了手脚,没让她妈去成
and that's why I owe him.
所以我欠了他的人情
Yeah, and he's the one who's
而且是他打劫了
been breaking into vending machines at school.
学校的自动售货机
I mean, he's practically living there.
我是说,他其实住在那儿
In school?
住在学校
They found his stuff,
他们发现了他的东西
so he's not sleeping there anymore.
所以他不能再住那儿了
He's sleeping in my basement.
他现在住在我家地下室里
Wait. Rewind that a little for me.
等等,你再说一遍
Does your mom know? No, but
你妈知道吗,不知道,但
It's just for a couple of nights, so...A couple of nights?
也就住几个晚上,几个晚上
Are you crazy?
你没疯吧
Guys.
姐妹们
Oh, wow. Hold on. Turn around.
稍等,转一下身
It fits perfectly.
这真的很适合你
Let me just pull this over it.
让我把它拉过来
And you know the length. The length looks great.
长度刚好合适
It's beautiful.
非常漂亮
I want it to be perfect.
我希望能完美无缺
He likes lace.
他喜欢蕾丝
I'm not misinterpreting.
我没曲解他的意思
I'm telling you, your dad came in there
我告诉你,你父亲来这儿
like he wanted to chop me off at the knees.
像是要把我的腿砍断一样
And I'm telling you that's not my dad.
那我告诉你,那肯定不是我爸
I recognized him from the picture
我认得他
you showed me of everybody on the glacier.
你给我看过你们全家在冰川上的照片
I'm serious. So am I.
我没开玩笑,我也是
I'm trying to act like I'm not in love with his daughter,
我试着表现出没有爱上他女儿的样子
and he's acting like he wants to challenge me to a duel
他却表现出一副要为了你妈
over your mother.
同我决一死战的样子
I don't understand. I do.
我不明白,我明白
He hates me. He doesn't hate you.
他讨厌我,他不讨厌你
He hates me, or he's crazy.
他讨厌我,或者就是他疯了
No, he does not hate you. He couldn't.
不,他不讨厌你,这不可能
Then he's crazy.
那他就是疯了
Pam.
帕姆
Oh, hey, Ella. How are you?
你好,埃拉,你好吗
I'm okay. I was gonna call you.
还可以,我本来要打电话给你的
But then I saw you were coming in for the parentteacher conferences.
但后来我看到你要来参加家长会就没打
I just want you to know that the school
我只是想让你知道
is not gonna be bullied by Nick McCullers.
校方是不会屈服于尼克·麦卡勒斯的
Everybody here loves Emily.
这里所有人都喜欢艾米丽
What about Nick McCullers?
尼克·麦卡勒斯怎么了
Uh, well, he came in making a big deal
他跑来无事生非
about how he thinks Emily's
说他觉得艾米丽得到了特殊的待遇
getting special treatment because she's gay.
只因为她是同性恋的缘故
Everybody knows Emily's the better swimmer,
大家都知道艾米丽游得更好
except McCullers.
除了麦卡勒斯
He came here to school and said that?
他跑到学校说的这些话吗
In front of everyone. Students, teachers.
当着所有人的面,学生,老师
Was Emily there? She was.
艾米丽在场吗,是的
Hello?
有人吗
You better put that back.
你最好把它放回去
Put it back where you got it or she'll know you were in here.
把它放回原处,要不她会知道你来过的
I'm sorry. I knocked. The door was open.
抱歉,我敲过门了,门是开着的
I heard you, but I couldn't answer the door.
我听到了,但我没法应门
I was on the phone.
我刚在打电话
My lawyer called.
我的律师打来的
The D.A. is dropping the charges against me.
地方检察官撤销了对我的指控
They're not gonna charge you with killing Alison?
他们不指控你谋杀艾莉森了吗
I didn't get the details,
具体情况我还不清楚
but he said the blood evidence was corrupted.
但他说血迹证据被毁了
The district attorney can't go to trial without it.
没有那个,地方检察官无法审讯我
They're finished with you? Not finished.
他们放过你了吗,还没
They can charge me anytime they find new evidence. But...
一旦找到新的证据,他们还会起诉我
For right now, I'm free,
但至少现在,我自由了
once I get this ball and chain off my leg.
只须等我卸下这副镣铐即可
I'm waiting for my dad to take me to the courthouse for that.
我现在在等我爸带我去法院
I could drive you,
我可以载你去
if you want me to.
如果你愿意的话
So, your mom didn't believe you
所以,你跟你妈说利兰很可疑时
when you said Leland was shady.
她不相信吧
You don't sound very surprised.
你看起来很淡定啊
I'm used to that,
我习惯了
that's why I called Syracuse University,
所以我打电话到锡拉库扎大学
talked to a nice lady at the school of architecture
和一位迷人的女士聊了聊该校的建筑系
about how I was thinking of applying
以及我打算报考的愿望
and did she know a local guy
顺便问下她认不认识
named James Leland.
一个叫詹姆斯·利兰德的当地人
You just called up and asked?
你就这么打电话问她吗
People love to talk.
人都是喜欢唠嗑的
And guess what?
结果你猜怎么着
James leland went to S.U. and opened an office in town.
詹姆斯·利兰大学毕业后开了家公司
See? He's legit.
我说的吧,他是合法继承人
Yeah, he was a pretty good architect,
他曾是一位相当出色的建筑师
right up until he dropped dead two years ago.
直到两年前他去世
Introducing James Leland.
给你介绍下詹姆斯·利兰
Wait. My mom said his I.D. checked out.
等等,我妈说验过他的身份了
Right. You ask a computer
没错,你可以问问电脑先生
"Is James Leland related to this Potter lady?"
"詹姆斯·利兰和这位波特女士有关系吗"
The computer says yes.
电脑先生回答有
But you didn't ask if James Leland was still alive.
但你可没问詹姆斯·利兰是否还活着
Knowing the right questions
问对问题
is better than having all the right answers.
胜过知道所有答案
Toby?
托比
Mr. Dugan called with the good news. Did you hear?
杜根先生打电话报喜来了,你听说了吗
He told me.
他告诉过我了
We can get that awful thing off your leg right now.
你现在能把那破玩意儿从你脚上拿下来了
The cab's waiting.
车子等着呢
That's all right. I've got a ride.
不必了,有人送我了
Emily.
艾米丽
No, it's me.
不,是我
Spencer.
斯宾塞
It's really very nice of you, but I'm here now.
谢谢你的好意,但这儿有我呢
I'm going with Spencer.
我要和斯宾塞一起去
I see.
我明白了
Hanna, the man's I.D. checked out.
汉娜,那人的身份已经验过了
It checked out because there was a
验过了只能说明
James Leland related to Mrs. Potter.
确实有个叫詹姆斯·利兰的是波特的亲戚
But this isn't him. This is somebody else.
但不是他,而是另有其人
If I tell the state people
如果我告诉警察
some story about the man being an imposter,
有个冒牌货招摇撞骗的话
it'll just draw attention, which we do not want.
这只会引人注目,这可不是我们想要的
Well, we have to do something.
可我们总得做点什么吧
I'm not doing anything based on what this boy Caleb says.
我可不会听信这个叫凯勒的男孩说的话
Leland's coming to the bank this afternoon,
利兰下午来银行
I will show him the safe deposit box.
我会给他看保险箱的
And we will go from there.
然后我们就毫无瓜葛了
All right, well, call me when he leaves.
好吧,他走了告诉我一声
I will.
好的
Hey. I thought you were gonna be gone all day.
我还以为你一整天都不在家呢
Uh, change of plans.
呃,计划有变
Good. I'll take you and Mike out for dinner later. Okay?
那好,等下我带你和迈克出去吃饭吧
Hey, Dad?
嘿,爸爸
How were the parentteacher meetings?
家长会开得怎么样
Oh, they were fine.
你的老师们都蛮好的
You know, I really like that one teacher, your French teacher.
我特别喜欢你的法语老师
Well, how do you like Mr. Fitz?
你觉得费兹老师怎么样
He was okay.
他还行吧
"Okay"?
"还行"
All right, listen, I'm gonna tell you the truth.
好吧,我跟你说实话
I thought he was a lightweight.
我觉得他就是个无名之辈
What do you mean?
你这话什么意思
Well, there's just not a lot of depth there.
就是没什么内涵
Boy, that's...That's funny,
天啊,真有趣
'cause I like him. He's a good teacher.
我很喜欢他,他是个好老师
Well, I can see why he's a hit with the kids,
我知道他为什么受你们这些孩子欢迎
I mean, he's a nicelooking guy, he's easygoing.
我是说,他人长得帅,又随和
He does that boyish smile thing a little too much,
还常常挂着孩子气的微笑
but I figure that must work for him.
我猜他这招肯定百试不爽
What's that thing about judging a book by its cover?
知道什么叫以貌取人吗
Well, sometimes you can get a pretty good idea
有的时候光看外表
what's inside based on the cover.
就能了解得差不多了
Well, you know, he's published.
人家还出过书的
Online journals aren't "Published."
线上期刊可算不上出版
"Published" is ink and paper.
出版指的是白纸黑字
Well, you were with him like, what, half an hour?
你就和他谈了半个小时而已
I'm in his class every day.
我可是天天上他的课
Well, every english department has one,
每个英语教学部
full of charm and promise. It's
都有一位迷人又有才的老师
Look, I understand that you
听着,我知道你
and your mother see more of him than I do,
还有你妈比我更常见到他
but perhaps that's why I have a clearer perspective.
但是旁观者清
What's mom have to do with this?
这和我妈有什么关系
Well, she's not immune to that kind of charm.
她无法抵挡这种魅力
This book signing thing he's taking her to...
他带她去的那个签售会
That's not just mom. Half of the teachers
不只我妈去,英语教学部的
in the english department are going.
一半老师都会去
Well...
这样啊
Listen, when Mike comes home, we'll pick a place for dinner.
等迈克回来,我们就去找个地方吃晚饭
Three thousand dollars?
三千元
Three thousand, two hundred seventyfive.
三千两百七十五
It's funny...
真有意思
You don't have expectations,
本没抱希望而来
and then you end up having expectations.
却抱着希望而离开
The family myth was that
家族一直传言说
aunt Esther had a lot of cash socked away somewhere.
艾斯特婶婶存着很多钱
A lot more than three thousand.
远远不止三千
The bank doesn't encourage people to keep cash
银行不鼓励客户
in safe deposit boxes.
把钱存在保险箱里
So, she spoke to you about keeping money in here?
她告诉过你她把钱存在这里了吗
No. We never talked about it.
她从没和我说过这个
Who else besides you would have access to this box?
除了你,还有谁可以开启这盒子
Any officer.
任何主管
Of course, you'd have to have the customer's key,
当然你得有客户的钥匙
or the master, like I used.
或者万能钥匙,就像我用的这把
What are you thinking?
你在想什么
Just thinking.
随便想想罢了
Where do you bank, James?
詹姆斯,你要把钱存到哪儿去
In Syracuse?
锡拉库扎市吗
Where do I bank?
什么我把钱存哪儿
Your personal accounts, business accounts.
你的私人账户,商业账户
What's the name of your bank?
那家银行叫什么名字
It doesn't matter.
没关系的
The rules on access are the same, industrywide.
开保险箱的规矩都一样,这是行规
Call them and ask?
要打电话问吗
They have Saturday hours, don't they?
他们周末有空吧
Like I said, it was just a family myth.
就像我说的,这只是家庭的传言罢了
Great meet, guys. Way to go, Sharks.
很高兴见到你们,加油,鲨鱼队
Come here.
过来
I don't need a ride. My car is in the parking lot.
我不需要你送,我车就停在停车场
No, I need to ask you a question.
不是,我要问你一个问题
I need to know something before I talk to the school.
在我跟校方谈话前我需要了解点事
Talk to the school about what?
你要跟校方谈什么
Is it true what Aria's mom told me
艾瑞亚的母亲告诉我
about Mr. McCullers coming to the school
麦卡勒斯跑到学校并在大庭广众之下说
and saying you got some kind of preferential treatment?
你得到了特殊待遇,这是真的吗
I don't want to talk about it.
我不想谈这事
Emily, is it true?
艾米丽,这是真的吗
I mean, is this true? Because
这是真的吗,因为
Yeah, it's true.
没错,这是真的
Why didn't you tell me?
你怎么不告诉我
You really don't know why I wouldn't tell you?
你真不知道我不告诉你的原因吗
It's because I know what you think of me.
因为我知道你对我的看法
I know what you'd say.
我知道你会说什么
It doesn't matter who I am,
但这改变不了我的性取向
I better get used to people looking at me only one way.
我已经习惯了人们片面地看待我
Nick.
尼克
Hello, Pam.
你好,帕姆
We need to talk.
我们需要谈谈
I was wondering when I'd hear from you.
我也正有此意
This isn't personal.
我不是针对她
You deal with your family problems any way that you want.
你的家庭内部问题,你想怎么解决都行
This is about what the school is doing to my daughter.
但这关系到校方如何对待我的女儿
Yeah. It's about your daughter.
没错,是关系到你女儿
It's about you trying to
关系到你想把你女儿
make her into some kind of professional victim
说成某种专业受害者
and using my daughter to do it.
并利用我女儿来达此目的
I didn't expect you to understand. Oh, I understand.
我不指望你能理解,我理解
I understand that you always thinks there's someone else to blame
我理解当事情不合你意时
When things don't go your way.
你总会把责任推到别人身上
Okay, you're upset. No, not yet.
你很生气,不,还没
But I'm getting there.
但我离生气不远了
My daughter never got anything she didn't earn.
我女儿从未不劳而获过
That's how we raised her. That it who she is.
这是我们的教育方式,她就是这样的人
So you drop this, Nick.
所以你到此为止吧,尼克
Drop it, or I'll show you what a real agenda looks like.
到此为止,否则我会让你好好见识一下
Mom. Are you okay?
妈,你没事吧
I'm fine. Come on, I'll take you home.
我没事,走吧,我带你回家
My car's in the lot.
我车就在停车场
Right, OK. So I'll just meet you at home when you get there.
对哦,那我在家等你回来
Mom...
Emily
艾米丽
I still don't understand...
我还是想不通
But I love you.
但是我爱你
You are my child, and nobody hurts my child.
你是我的孩子,谁都不能动你一根汗毛
I'm so sorry if I...
我很抱歉如果我
You could just keep going.
你可以一直走下去
If that's what you wanted.
如果这是你梦寐以求的话
They could pull me back whenever they want.
他们可以随时把我抓回去的
Anyway...I don't like running.
不管怎样,我不喜欢逃亡
I've done too much of it.
我已经逃过太多次了
You could start to get your life back.
你可以开始让你的生活恢复原样了
I'm not so sure I want it back.
我还不确定自己是否想恢复原样
Not the way it was. I have to make some changes.
至少不是以前的样子,我得做点改变
I figured out what the message means.
我弄清楚那条信息的意思了
Braille uses the same symbols for letters and numbers.
在盲文里字母和数字是一个符号
It wasn't bad, it was the number 214.
它不是bad,而是214
What does that mean?
那是什么意思
I don't know. Toby.
我不知道,托比
I heard Jenna in her room
我听见詹娜在她的房间
on the phone talking to somebody.
和一个人打电话
I don't know who. They were talking about you.
我不知道对方是谁,她们提到了你
Talking about me?
提到了我
Jenny used the embosser attached to her computer,
詹妮的盲文打字机和电脑是连在一起的
and I slipped in and made a rubbing of what she printed out.
我溜了进去,摹拓了她打的内容
Two one four.
214
Does that number mean anything to you?
这串数字对你有什么意义吗
It could be anything.
它可以是任何号码
A house number, an area code
门牌号,电话区号
We have to figure it out, for both our sakes.
我们必须要弄清楚,为了我们俩
Are you afraid of Jenna?
你害怕詹娜吗
I was.
曾经害怕
I still have to be careful not to cross her.
我现在仍得小心谨慎,以免惹怒她
She's got the power in that house.
她在家里权力很大
But...
不过
I'm not afraid of her the way I used to be.
我已经不像过去那样害怕她了
That makes her nervous.
这让她很紧张
You make her nervous.
你让她紧张
I do?
我吗
I think she's afraid of you,
我觉得她害怕你
And the rest of Alison's friends
还有其他艾莉森的朋友
All of you who were there the night of the fire.
火灾那晚在场的所有人
Listen, it's like your mom said,
听着,就像你母亲说的那样
my dad is always looking for somebody to blame.
我爸总是怪这个怪那个的
I have to go home. My mom's waiting for me.
我要回家了,我妈在等我呢
Right. Your mom's waiting.
是啊,你妈在等你
God, why is everything
天啊,为什么所有事情
so easy for you?
在你这儿都变得如此简单
Easy? What planet do you live on?
简单,你是外星人吗
I've spent most of my life trying not to feel the way I feel.
我人生的大部分时间都在压抑自己的感情
I come out, and they ship
我出柜了,然后他们就把
my first girlfriend off to godknowswhere,
我的女朋友送到了个鸟不拉屎的地方
and now maybe she's done with me.
而且现在她或许已经甩了我了
So, yeah, it's all about Emily all Em, all the time.
所以,没错,一直都是我艾米丽的错
Don't tell.
别告诉别人
Hey, not all of it. My mom will notice.
不要全部倒完,我妈会察觉到的
Tell her it's evaporation.
告诉她果汁蒸发了
Walk me home?
送我一程
Uh, so maybe your mom will let me hang around on the surface now?
也许你妈现在允许我出来乱晃了
And I thought you were in such a hurry to get to Arizona.
我还以为你急着要去亚利桑那州呢
Arizona will be there whenever I decide to show up.
亚利桑那州又不会长腿跑了
Thank you for today.
今天谢谢你
You're welcome.
不用谢
Are you "A"? Excuse me?
你是A吗,什么
Somebody called for an estimate.
有人打电话让我过来检查
Said you had some kind of infestation in your basement.
说你家地下室里害虫横行
Only name they left was "A". Is that you?
只留下了A这个名字,是你吗
Uh, no. You have the wrong house.
不是,你找错地方了
Mr. Fitz, this is Byron Montgomery,
费兹先生,我是拜伦·蒙哥马利
Aria's dad.
艾瑞亚的父亲
Look, I'm sorry about how our meeting went.
上次的见面我很抱歉
I owe you a makegood on that.
那事是我不对,我欠你的
I've read your stories and I'd like to talk to you.
我读了你的文章,想和你讨论一下
So maybe we could have a beer?
或许我们可以去喝杯啤酒怎么样
Give me a call, okay? Thanks.
给我回个电话,好吗,谢谢
So, you want an egg roll? Sounds good.
你想吃蛋卷吗,听起来不错

重点单词   查看全部解释    
independent [indi'pendənt]

想一想再看

adj. 独立的,自主的,有主见的
n. 独立

联想记忆
symbols ['simbəls]

想一想再看

n. 符号;象征;标志;符号表(symbol的复数)

 
stall [stɔ:l]

想一想再看

n. 货摊,摊位,厩,畜栏,(飞行器)失速
v

 
architect ['ɑ:kitekt]

想一想再看

n. 建筑师

联想记忆
agenda [ə'dʒendə]

想一想再看

n. 议事日程

联想记忆
smart [smɑ:t]

想一想再看

adj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的

 
evaporation [i.væpə'reiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 蒸发,消失,脱水,干燥

 
foster ['fɔstə]

想一想再看

vt. 养育,培养,促进,鼓励,抱有(希望等)

联想记忆
charm [tʃɑ:m]

想一想再看

n. 魅力,迷人,吸引力,美貌
v. (使)陶

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 


关键字: 美剧 美少女的谎言

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。