手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 生活大爆炸 > 生活大爆炸第七季 > 正文

生活大爆炸第七季:第10集:谢耳朵的错误(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Previously on The Big Bang Theory...

生活大爆炸前情提要
Sheldon, did you just figure out a method for synthesizing a new stable super-heavy element?
谢尔顿,难道你刚刚是想出了合成新型稳定超重元素的方法了?
Did I?!
我有吗?!
Well, that can't be right.
这不太可能
No one's ever done that before.
这事前无古人啊
Except me because I just did it!
除了我,因为我刚刚做到啦!
Sheldon and his brain, yeah!
谢尔顿和他的大脑,万岁!
Sheldon and his brain, yeah!
谢尔顿和他的大脑,万岁!
I've made a horrible mistake.
我犯了一个致命的错误
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
This table, it's in square centimeters, I read it as square meters.
这个表格,单位是平方厘米,我把它当成平方米读了
You know what that means?
你知道意味着什么吗
That Americans can't handle the metric system?
美国人搞不定公制单位?
Amy, I was off by a factor of 10,000.
艾米,我差了整整1万倍
But the Chinese team found the element.
但是中国科学家找到了该元素
Yeah, well, they shouldn't have. My calculations were wrong.
是啊,他们不该找到的,我的计算有误
The greatest scientific achievement of my life is based on a blunder.
我一生中最重要的发现却是来自一个错误
I'm not a genius.
我不是个天才
I'm a fraud.
而是个骗子
You know, Sheldon, in neuroscience, we're forever finding something in one part of the brain that we thought was someplace else.
谢尔顿你要知道,在神经学里,我们永远会在大脑某部分发现本以为在其他地方的东西
Oh, great, now I'm worse than a fraud.
噢,太好了,我现在连骗子都不如
I'm practically a biologist.
我成生物学家了
This is Science Friday. I'm Ira Flatow. My guest today is responsible for the discovery of the first stable super-heavy element.
这是科学星期五,我是艾拉·弗莱托,我们今天的嘉宾是发现首个稳定超重元素的科学家
Welcome, Dr. Sheldon Cooper.
欢迎,谢尔顿·库珀博士
Thank you. Uh, the university made me come here. I didn't want to.
谢谢。唔,学校叫我过来的,我一点也不想来
Uh, big fan of the show.
呃,我是这个节目的粉丝
So, I understand that you actually discovered this element by mistake. Yes.
那么,我知道你实际上是误打误撞才找到这个元素的。是的
And some people in the science community are calling it "The Wonder Blunder."
在科学圈里有人把这个现象称作"神奇的大错误"
Who? Give me their names.
谁说的? 把他们名字告诉我
I bet it's Wolowitz.
我打赌肯定是沃洛维茨
It's just such a fascinating story. Your calculations are way off, but they find the element anyway.
这真是个神奇的故事,你的计算差的十万八千里,但是他们却找到了这个元素
It's like misreading a treasure map and still finding the treasure.
就好像读错了藏宝图却仍找到了宝藏
Can we talk about something else?
我们能聊聊其他的吗?
Do you know that I yodel?
你知道我会约德尔唱法吗?
That's interesting, but this could be taking you down the path toward a Nobel Prize.
有意思,但是这个发现有可能会帮你打通获得诺贝尔奖之路
And in chemistry, no less.
毫无疑问是化学奖
And wouldn't that be unusual?
不是很奇怪吗?
Because you're a physicist.
因为你是个物理学家
Yes, yes, I'd be a physicist with a Nobel in chemistry. Everyone laugh at the circus freak.
是啊,是啊,我将会是个获得诺贝尔化学奖的物理学家,人人都会嘲笑这个马戏团的怪物
You know, I don't need to sit here and take this, Flatow.
你知道吗,弗莱托,我没必要呆在这里忍受这些
It is because of bullies like you, every day more and more Americans are making the switch to television.
正是因为像你这些恶人,越来越多的美国人才选择看电视了
President Seibert, I don't know why you're yelling.
塞伯特校长,我不知道为啥你要冲我吼
You're the one who made me go on the radio.
就是你逼我去上节目的
I was expecting a professional science interview, not an attack by some morning zoo shock jock.
我还以为是一个专业的科学访谈,而不是收到那些哗众取宠的名嘴的攻击
Well, if the university needs money so badly, perhaps you should start a swear jar. Whoa! That one's worth a dollar.
好吧,如果大学这么需要钱,也许你应该准备一个脏话罐(说脏话就要向里面投钱的罐子),哇! 你刚才说的话可要投一美金了
I know you don't like it, but every time you do an interview, it raises the profile of the university.
我知道你不喜欢这样,但是每次你去参加访谈,都会增加学校的声誉
That translates to funding.
那会带来更多的资助
Yeah, well, I'm not just some trained monkey dancing for coins.
是啊,但是我不是被训练靠跳舞来赚钱的猴子
Of course you're not.
你当然不是
People love trained monkeys.
人们喜欢那些猴子
How can you not be happy?
你有什么好不开心的?
You're tall, thin and famous.
你又高又瘦还出名
Oh, my God, I'm jealous of Sheldon.
偶滴神啊,我居然在嫉妒谢尔顿
Look, you're gonna be doing this stuff for a while. You're just gonna have to find a way to get used to it.
听着,你还得做这些事情做一段时间,你必须找到接受它的方法
But none of you know what this is like.
你们没人能理解这种感受
Being celebrated for something you wish you never did.
别人一直在庆祝一件你希望自己从没干过的事情
Mmm... you clearly haven't been with me at Mardi Gras.
唔,你肯定没跟我去过狂欢节
Want to pause the video game and help me clean up?
可以停一下游戏来帮我打扫一下吗?
I am cleaning up. Look at the mess the Joker made of Gotham City.
我正在打扫呢,看看小丑把这哥谭市弄得一团糟
Come on, it's your friend who's coming to stay here.
拜托,要过来住的可是你哥们
Raj grew up in India. Trust me, he's seen worse.
拉杰在印度长大,相信我,他看过更乱的
Howie! I promise I'll help out the rest of the week.
华仔!我保证在接下来的这一周我会帮你打扫的
The rest of the week?
接下来的这一周?
You said it was just gonna be a night or two.
你说只是住一两天
Yeah, but if I told you a week, would you have said yes? No! Then you left me no choice.
好吧,如果我说住一个礼拜,你会同意吗?不!那你让我没得选啦
I love Raj, but that's a long time for a house guest.
我喜欢拉杰,但是这也住的太久啦
I know, but they're tenting his building. He can't find a hotel he likes that allows dogs.
我知道,但是他们在装修大楼,而且他也找不到既能让狗住又让他满意的酒店
He's bringing Cinnamon? For a whole week! The nerve of some people.
他还要带着肉桂儿?在这住一个礼拜!某些人胆子实在太大了
Here comes the Embarrassment Express.
尴尬快车来了
With stops at Fraudville...
将要在欺诈市
WonderBlunderberg...
神奇的大错误山
and Kansas City.
还有堪萨斯城停车
Because it's a hub.
因为它是个中转站
Sheldon, can I come in?
谢尔顿,我能进来吗
Do you have cookies? No.
你有曲奇饼吗,没有
Good. I don't deserve cookies. Come in.
好,我不配吃曲奇饼,进来吧
Wil...? Hey, Sheldon. It's been a while.
威尔...?嗨,谢尔顿,好久没见
Why are you here?
你来干啥?
Amy said you were having a rough time, and I thought maybe we could talk.
艾米告诉我你最近过的不好,我想也许我们能聊聊
Is that okay? Certainly.
可以吗?当然
Although... right now, I'm having a rough time, because there's three people in my room, and it's starting to feel like a discotheque.
尽管...现在我就感到很不舒,因为有三个人在我的房间里,感觉像是在迪斯科舞厅一样
Sheldon, you said you were unhappy getting attention for something you wished you never did.
谢尔顿你说你因为别人总是注意那些你希望自己从未做过的事而不开心
Yeah, I know a little something about that.
嗯,我处理这些有点经验
Oh, nonsense, Wil.
哦,威尔你胡说
Your endless tweets are not that bad.
你没完没了的微博没有那么挫啦
I remember why it's been a while.
我想起来为什么这么久没见他了
Sheldon, I was actually talking about when I was a kid on Star Trek.
谢尔顿,我说的是我小时候演《星际迷航》的事情
How could you not like getting attention for playing Wesley Crusher?
你怎么会不喜欢扮演魏斯理·克拉歇带来的关注
You were wonderful.
你演的很棒啊
A know-it-all boy genius with an eidetic memory.
一个拥有高清记忆能力无所不知的天才少年
Who couldn't relate to that?
谁不会感同身受?
Well, not everybody felt that way.
额,不是所有人这么想的
A lot of people really hated the character, and some of them hated me because of it.
好多人讨厌那个角色,还有人因为这个角色而讨厌我
I would do interviews, and people would be mean to me.
我上访谈节目,那些人对我也很苛刻
That just happened to me.
我也是这样
Next time you're stuck for a tweet, feel free to say what a jerk Ira Flatow is.
下次你疯狂发微博的时候,你可以吐槽艾拉·弗莱托的坏人品
Sheldon, the point is Wil learned to embrace that part of his life and moved on to bigger and better things.
谢尔顿,关键是威尔学会接受那段生活,然后向更美好的方向继续前行
Yeah, I'm an author now, I do public speaking, and I have my own Web series about board games. Uh...
是啊,我现在是个作家,我还会做一些公共演说,而且我还有一些关于棋盘游戏的网站。额...
We're trying to cheer him up, so...
我们是想让他开心,所以...
I'm just saying that there was a time when I thought I would never get out of Wesley Crusher's shadow.
我想说的是我曾经一度以为我再也无法逃脱魏斯理·克拉歇的阴影的
But now, it's just one small part of a pretty great life, and it's a part that I'm happy is there.
但是现在,那只是我快乐生活的一小部分,而且我很高兴我度过了那样一段时光
I do see what you're saying. That helps. Good.
我知道你想说什么了。很有帮助。太好了
Would you two like to stay and play trains with me?
你们俩想留下来和我一起玩火车游戏吗?
Sure. Okay. Oh, great! Now...
当然,没问题。太好了。现在...
I work the controls.
我负责控制
I say "All aboard" You sit quietly and watch.
我说"开动了"你们就静静的坐着看
Can I blow the whistle?
我能吹口哨吗?
You should probably go.
你还是走吧
You're gonna brush your teeth on my couch?
你这是要在我沙发上刷牙么?
No, I'm gonna brush Cinnamon's teeth.
不,我是要刷肉桂儿的牙
Why bother? She spends half the time licking her butt.
何必呢?一半的时间她都是在舔屁屁
And the other half licking my face. That's why I'm brushing her teeth.
还有一半时间是在舔我的脸,所以我要给她刷牙
Hey, guys. Sorry I'm so late.
嘿,不好意思回来晚了
Did you already have dinner?
你们吃过晚饭了吗?
No, we were waiting for you.
没呢,在等你
Aw, that's so sweet.
你们太贴心了
Yeah. So what do you feel like making?
那当然,所以你打算做什么晚饭?
Howard, the poor thing just got home from work.
霍华德,你的小可怜刚刚工作回来呢
Let me get you a glass of wine.
我去给你倒杯酒
I'll cook dinner.
我来做饭
Oh, Raj, you're our guest. Don't be silly. Sit. You look like you've had a long day.
别啊拉杰,你是客人,客气啥呢,你坐,看起来你累了一天了
No, she always looks like that.
她看起来总是那样
Because she married an idiot.
因为她嫁给了一个白痴
Thank you, Raj.
谢谢你,拉杰
Please, this is my way of thanking you for letting me stay here.
没事儿,这是我感谢的方式,谢谢你们让我住在这
Now, tell us all about your day.
来,说说你今天怎么样
Okay, um, well, first, I was late to a meeting 'cause I was stuck in traffic. Well, I keep telling you to put that traffic app on your phone. Hey,
好的呢,首先呢,我开会迟到了,因为堵在路上了,我一直叫你手机里安一个实时交通软件的。喂喂,
when you got home today complaining that you felt sick from eating too many jelly beans, did I tell you how to fix it? No.
你今天回家抱怨吃太多软糖不大舒服的时候,我对你指手画脚了吗?没有!
I said, "Aw, that must hurt," and I rubbed your belly.
我跟你说了,"一定很难受吧",然后摸了摸你的肚子
I thought of you the whole time.
我一直都在想着你
All I'm saying is there's a time to just listen.
我想说的就是,有时候你就该安静倾听。
Thank you. There's also a time to stop eating too many jelly beans. And it's when you're ten.
谢谢。有时候你也得控制不吃太多软糖,你十岁的时候就该这么做了
Hello, President Seibert.
你好,塞伯特主席
Thank you for taking my call.
谢谢你接了我的电话
I just wanted you to know that you can now expect enthusiastic participation from me regarding my discovery.
我只是想告诉你,本人现在会非常有热情的参加你鉴于我的重大发现安排的活动
Oh, no, no, no, no. No need to thank me.
不不不不不。没必要谢我
Thank my friend, Wil Wheaton.
谢谢我的朋友,威尔·惠顿
For your information, I have nine friends, hmm?
我可以告诉你, 我可是有9位朋友
Ten if we include you.
算上你的话有10位哦
Nine it is.
那就9位吧
Ah, it's ten. I'll count Wolowitz.
还是算10位吧,沃洛维茨也算上
Hello, friend Leonard.
你好,我的朋友莱纳德
Hey, you're in a good mood.
你心情不错哟
I'm in a great mood.
我心情大好
Well, you're about to be in an even better one.
你马上就要心情更好了
I didn't want to say anything until I knew for sure, but...
本来还不确定的时候我不想说的,但是...
I've been re-running the tests on your element in my lab and I disproved it.
我一直在实验室重复测试你的元素,而且我已经证明它错误了
Your element does not exist!
你的元素根本不存在

重点单词   查看全部解释    
hub [hʌb]

想一想再看

n. 毂,木片,中心

 
achievement [ə'tʃi:vmənt]

想一想再看

n. 成就,成绩,完成,达到

 
rough [rʌf]

想一想再看

adj. 粗糙的,粗略的,粗暴的,艰难的,讨厌的,不适的

 
deserve [di'zə:v]

想一想再看

vi. 应该得到
vt. 应受,值得

联想记忆
shadow ['ʃædəu]

想一想再看

n. 阴影,影子,荫,阴暗,暗处
vt. 投阴

 
embarrassment [im'bærəsmənt]

想一想再看

n. 困窘,尴尬,困难

 
unhappy [ʌn'hæpi]

想一想再看

adj. 不快乐的,不高兴的

 
element ['elimənt]

想一想再看

n. 元素,成分,组成部分,(复数)恶劣天气

 
embrace [im'breis]

想一想再看

v. 拥抱,包含,包围,接受,信奉
n. 拥抱

联想记忆
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。