手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 生活大爆炸 > 生活大爆炸第八季 > 正文

生活大爆炸 第八季:第7集 医生跟佩妮告白(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

So, what are you working on these days?

最近在研究什么呢?
I'm studying one-celled organisms to try and find the neurochemicals that lead to the feeling of shame.
我在研究单细胞生物,试图从它们身上找到引发羞愧感的神经化学物质。
What would a one-celled organism have to be embarrassed about?
单细胞生物会有什么需要感到羞耻的事啊?
Same as all of us, getting out of a car without underwear.
跟人类一样,车震完没穿内衣裤下车。
Speaking of underwear, I have some interesting news...Okay, if it's sometimes Howie wears yours, Leonard already told us.
说到内衣,我有件挺有意思的事...如果是华仔偶尔会穿你的内衣,那莱纳德已经告诉过我们了。
He was being funny. I'm pretty sure. Anyway, I was asked to be a part of a magazine article about the 50 sexiest female scientists in California. Isn't that cool?
他只是在搞笑。我挺确定。总之,我受邀参与一篇关于加州最性感的50名女性科学家的杂志专题。挺酷的吧?
I think it's awful. Why would you say that?
我觉得很恶心。你怎么会这么说?
Bernadette is a successful microbiologist. She should be celebrated for her achievements, not her looks. I mean, what kind of message does that send?
伯纳黛特是一位成功的微生物学家。人们应该赞美她的科研成果,而非长相。参与这种杂志专题,人们会怎么想?
I think the message is "Check out the rack on that scientist."
人们大概会想 "快看这童颜科学家的巨乳"。
Why can't someone be thought of as both smart and pretty?
为什么就不能被认为是智慧与美貌并存的呢?
I just don't think a professional woman should have to flaunt her sexuality in order to get ahead.
我只是不觉得一位职场女性需要靠展现自己女性象征来获得成功。
Okay, what's the big deal? Look, if it helps me make a sale with a physician, I don't think it hurts to flirt a little.
这有什么大不了的啊?如果那能帮我多卖点药给医生,我觉得跟人家调情一下也无妨。
I mean, laugh at their joke, touch their arm, maybe crank up the AC in the car beforehand, you know, to wake up the girls.
比如他说笑话就笑一笑,碰碰他们的手臂,下车前开空调冷气,激凸一下,见医生管用。
Maybe it's different in the world of sales, but it's already hard enough for women to be taken seriously in science.
可能在销售业界里不同,但在科学界,女性本来就已经很难被人认真公平对待了。
I was kind of excited about the article, but now you're making me feel bad.
我本来还对参与文章这事挺激动,现在被你说得好难过。
No, I think you should do whatever you want. You know, maybe if fashion magazines had female scientists in them, I would've become a theoretical physicist. Stop smirking at each other.
我觉得你想做什么就去做。当年如果有时尚杂志刊载女性科学家照片,说不定我也去当理论物理学家了。少在那边互相偷笑了。
Thank you.
多谢。
No, thank you. Delivery men are the unsung foot soldiers of our nation's commerce.
是我该谢你。送货员是我们国家贸易界的无名英雄。
It's because of people like you, people like me can limit our human contact. I'd shake your hand, but, well, you know.
因为有你这样的人,像我这样的人才可以尽少接触人。我很想与你握手,但你懂的...
I'm not a delivery man, I I'm a doctor. Although I do often deliver alarming biopsy results to my patients.
我不是送货员,我是名医生。虽然我也常常亲自给病人送结果很不妙的活检报告。
That's humorous. All right.
你真幽默。呵呵。
Yeah, I I bet you leave your patients in stitches. That was also humorous. All right.
我猜你一定常让病人满身缝补(捧腹大笑)。我这也是幽默。呵呵。
Are you bringing flowers to a patient to cushion the blow of a terminal diagnosis?
你手里拿着花是为了安慰得了不治之症的病人吗?
That wasn't a joke. All right.
刚才不是笑话。呵呵。
These are actually for a nice woman who makes sales calls to my office.
这花是要送给一位打来我办公室推销的好姑娘。
You know, they have delivery people that will do that for you.
你知道有送货员可以代劳这种事吗。
I was hoping to impress her by tracking her down on the Internet and then showing up unannounced at her door.
我是想靠着网上人肉她搜到的资料直接来到她家门口,给她一个惊喜。
Making the extra effort. Good for you.
付出额外的努力。给你按个赞。
Great timing, food just got here. Ooh, Siam Palace? Yes.
时间刚刚好,晚餐刚刚到。泰国菜吗?是的。
Uh, mee krob and chicken satay? Yes.
泰式炒面与鸡肉沙爹?有的。
Uh, extra peanut sauce? No, but you can have mine.
多加花生酱了吗?没,我的给你好了。
Eh, well, very well. Oh, and on the topic of sharing things that are yours, there is a gentleman caller bringing flowers to your fiancee as we speak.
好吧,也行。既然说到了分享你的东西,就在我们说话的这会,有个穿着绅士的访客带着花找你未婚妻。
What? Why didn't you say that first?
什么?你怎么不一进门就说呢?
Why didn't you get extra peanut sauce? We can both play this game.
那你为什么没多加花生酱呢?要斗嘴谁怕谁。
Can I help you? Oh, hi. Uh, does Penny live here?
请问你有事吗?你好。请问佩妮住这里吗?
May I ask why? Well, I I met her at my office, she winked at me. I I came hoping to initiate a romantic relationship.
我能问为什么找她吗?我是在我办公室认识她的,她对我抛媚眼。我来是希望跟她继续发展。
Um, I'm pretty sure she didn't wink at you.
我敢确定她没对你抛媚眼。
Oh, she did. Seductively, like this. And then she touched my arm for two Mississippis. Like, you know, one Mississippi, two...I got it, I got it.
她绝对有。动作很勾人,像这样。然后她摸了我的手臂足足两大秒。像这样:一大秒、 两...我懂了,我懂了。
Listen, um...I think there's been a misunderstanding. See, Penny is my fiancee.
听我说,我想这中间一定是有什么误会。佩妮是我的未婚妻。
Really? I've never seen her wear an engagement ring. Really?
真的吗?我从未看见她手上有戴订婚戒啊。真的吗?
So, am I to presume that her flirtation was just a sales technique? I think so.
所以我可以推测,她挑逗我只是销售技巧的一种罢了。应该是。
When will I learn? It's just like the cute girl at the pet store all over again.
我什么时候才学精啊?宠物店可爱女店员事件又重演了。
Excuse me?
你说什么?
Oh, uh, she touched my arm for five Mississippis, and I bought a $2,000 iguana habitat. Which she was always too busy to come over and see.
那个女孩摸了我的胳膊五大秒,我就花了两千美元买了一个鬣蜥的生态箱。不过她一直很忙,总是没时间来我家看。
You give these to Penny. You're, you're a lucky man. Thank you. Sorry.
这花你送给佩妮吧。你是一个幸运的男人。谢谢。抱歉。
You probably don't want her to see this. It's unnecessarily graphic.
这张卡片还是不要给她看了,里面有点过于"图文并茂"了。
Hold on, Doctor. Leonard, where are your social skills? This man is clearly upset. We should invite him in for a hot beverage.
等等,医生。莱纳德,你的社交礼仪呢?这位先生显然很难过,我们应该邀他进屋喝一杯热饮。
He tried to score with Penny. So have these two, and they're having dinner with us.
可是他想泡佩妮啊。这俩以前也是啊,现在不还跟我们一起吃饭吗。
So, how was work today?
今天工作如何?
It was fine, but you'll be happy to know they pulled the sexy scientists article.
还行,你一定会很高兴得知性感科学家这篇文章取消了。
What happened?
发生什么事了?
I don't know. They just canceled the photo shoot and said they're rethinking it.
我也不知道。杂志社就取消了照片拍摄,还说他们要重新考虑一下。
Well, I'm really sorry, but I think it's for the best. You want people focusing on your achievements, not staring at your breasts in some magazine.
真是太遗憾了,但我认为这是一件好事。你会想人们关注你的科研成就,而不是盯着某本杂志上的你的咪咪。
I guess. It's really not that important. Hey, up here.
大概吧。上杂志也没那么重要。喂,我眼睛在这呢。
Sorry, we're...we were talking about them.
抱歉,说到了就忍不住看一下。
So, look, I I wasn't going to say anything, but since you seem to be okay with the article being canceled, I have a little confession. I'm the reason it was pulled.
听着,我本来不打算说的,但既然你对于文章被取消没意见,我要向你坦白件事。文章取消是因为我。
What? How? I sent the editors of the magazine a pretty scathing e-mail.
什么?怎么回事?我给杂志社的编辑发了一封严厉斥责的电邮。
Amy, what did you say?
艾米,你说了什么?
I simply pointed out that they would never consider doing an article ranking male scientists on their sexuality, let alone showing them in various stages of undress.
我只是简单指出他们绝对不会考虑做一篇关于男性科学家性感指数排名的文章,更不会刊登他们不同程度宽衣解带的照片。
Because no one wants to see Neil deGrasse Tyson in a wet T-shirt, bent over the hood of a Porsche.
因为没人会想看奈尔?德葛拉司?泰森湿身在一辆保时捷的引擎盖上弯腰撅屁股。
Well, it doesn't make a difference, because they agreed it was in bad taste, and now you agree, so...Amy saves the day.
这没什么两样,反正杂志社也认为这的确不得体。现在你也这么认为,所以...艾米成功挽救大局。
No, what happened was you got jealous, so you took away a chance for me to get some publicity.
错,事实是你嫉妒我,所以你夺走了我宣传自己的机会。
But it was bad publicity. That's for me to decide, not you.
但那是负面宣传。负不负面我说了算,而不是你。
I disagree. As a female scientist, I think what you do affects all of us.
我不同意。我认为你的所作所为会影响我们所有女性科学家。
And I think you don't like people expressing their sexuality because no one wants you to express yours. Oh, Amy, I'm so sorry. That was over the line.
我认为你不喜欢人们展现性感的一面,因为没人会要求你展现。艾米,非常对不起。我说的太过分了。
You have a nice night.
祝你有个愉快的夜晚。拜托别走。
Please don't go. Up until my vicious attack, you were the one in the wrong.
在我没有恶意攻击你前,错的人一直是你啊。
Here you go, Doctor. Red Zinger with one teaspoon of honey.
医生,请喝。红木槿活力茶,加一勺蜂蜜。
Thank you. Neat Star Trek mug. I actually have one of the phasers from the original TV show.
谢谢。这《星际迷航》的杯子不错。其实我有一把来自老版电视剧的光枪。
Oh, cool. How'd you get that? Oh, easy, Gene Roddenberry needed a vasectomy.
酷。你怎么搞到的?简单,吉恩?罗登贝瑞要做结扎手术。
Wait a minute. You've snipped Gene Roddenberry's vas deferens? Yes.
等一下。你居然切掉了《星际迷航》之父的输精管?是的。
Wow, he really went where no man has gone before.
他真是去了"前人未至之境"啊。
I don't like to brag, but, uh, you see, I'm kind of the doctor to the stars' urinary tracts. Wow!
我不喜欢吹嘘,但你们要知道,我是专门帮明星们看尿路的医生。我靠!
Uh, you, you want to see James Cameron's kidney stone?
你们想看詹姆斯?卡梅隆的肾结石吗?

重点单词   查看全部解释    
flaunt [flɔ:nt]

想一想再看

v. 挥动,夸耀,(厚颜无耻地)炫耀,飘扬,张扬

联想记忆
physician [fi'ziʃən]

想一想再看

n. 内科医生

 
touched [tʌtʃt]

想一想再看

adj. 受感动的 adj. 精神失常的

 
kidney ['kidni]

想一想再看

n. 肾,腰子,类型

 
smart [smɑ:t]

想一想再看

adj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的

 
upset [ʌp'set]

想一想再看

adj. 心烦的,苦恼的,不安的
v. 推翻,

联想记忆
social ['səuʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社会的,社交的
n. 社交聚会

 
habitat ['hæbitæt]

想一想再看

n. (动植物的)产地,栖息地

联想记忆
delivery [di'livəri]

想一想再看

n. 递送,交付,分娩

 
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。