手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 生活大爆炸 > 生活大爆炸第八季 > 正文

生活大爆炸 第八季:第6集 谢尔顿的矿井实验(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

I like your suit. Oh, thanks. Got a couple new outfits for work.

我喜欢你的西装。谢谢,我买了几身上班穿的新衣服。
How does it feel knowing your fiancee's job is to go out and flirt with doctors, looking like that, while you sit here, you know...looking like this?
你未婚妻的工作是穿成那样去和医生调情,美艳动人。而你却是坐在这里...黯淡无光。你有何感想?
She doesn't flirt with doctors. Yeah. It's all very professional.
她没有和医生调情。是啊,我的工作可是相当专业。
You know when you bend over, I can see down your shirt? Okay, good.
你知道你弯腰的时候,我可以看见你的胸部吗?知道,很好。
Speaking of new careers, how are things going with dark matter, Sheldon?
说到新事业,你的暗物质研究进行得怎么样了,谢尔顿?
Oh, yeah, I'd have to say it's the most exiting time in the history of the field.
我得说此刻是这领域历史上最激动人心的时刻。
Oh. What's going on?
发生了什么?
I started doing it.
我加入了这领域。
You know, the government funded the biggest experiment yet to detect dark matter.
你们知道吗,政府资助了一项研究,是目前为止最大规模探测暗物质的的实验。
Oh, yeah, I've read about that, they're sending research teams down into abandoned salt mines.
是的,我读过相关报道,他们把研究小队送到废弃的盐矿里。
Sheldon, if we apply to be one of those teams, we could be on the ground floor of something big-- not just for theoretical physics but for astrophysics as well.
谢尔顿,如果我们能申请加入这些小组,就能成为某个重大发现奠基人...这既是理论物理学,也是天体物理学的大事。
Wait, hang on-- you guys are gonna work in a mine? Why not?
等等,你们要去矿井里工作?有何不可?
You had a panic attack when we went through the car wash.
上次车子一开进自助洗车器,你恐慌症都发作了。
Perhaps the emotion you're referring to was shock at you having something cleaned.
你指的这种情绪应该是震惊之情,震惊自己居然会去清洁东西。
I think what Penny meant is, the thought of you two in a mine is kind of funny, it's like a cat riding a Roomba.
我想佩妮的意思是,想到你俩下矿井的画面挺有趣的,就像一只猫骑着自动吸尘机。
If they get scared, they'll have those hats with the lights on them, 'cause down there it's night-night all the time!
如果他们害怕了,就会戴上顶上有灯的帽子。因为矿井下面,一直都是黑黑的哟!
Maybe they could ride around in one of those mine carts that go, ee-oo-ee-oo-ee-oo.
他们也可以坐在矿车里四处溜达。嘎吱嘎吱嘎吱。
Yeah, it'll help them get away when they see a gh-gh-ghost...!
对,看见鬼的时候也跑得更快!
Are they making fun of us? Yup. I miss the old days when I couldn't tell.
他们在取笑咱俩吗?对。好怀念我听不出言外之意的那些日子。
So, one of my favorite video games of all time is called Shadow of the Colossus, and it was only for PlayStation 2, but then they came out with a new version for PS3 with better graphics.
我最爱的电子游戏之一叫做《汪达与巨像》,是PS2独占游戏。但是后来他们为PS3提供了画质更好的新版本。
I finally got the chance to play it, and for some reason, it just wasn't as good as the first one. Or something about yoga.
我终于有机会玩这个游戏了,由于某些原因,PS3的版本并没有PS2的好。或者我们来聊瑜伽吧。
I'm sorry I was thinking about work.
对不起,我在想工作的事情。
Well, I was just saying that there was this video game...Yeah, that's when I started thinking about work.
我刚在说,有个电子游戏...我就是从那个时候开始想工作的事情。
Uh, listen, I've got some good news. This is for you.
听着,我有个好消息。这是给你的。
What is this? Well, you know how they gave me the company car?
这是什么?你知道公司给我配了一辆车吧?
Didn't make sense to have two, so I sold the other one. The one I gave you?
我没必要要两辆车,所以我卖了另外一辆。你卖了我送你的那辆吗?
Yeah. And there's your money back and now we're even. How great is that?
对,这是还你的钱,现在我们两清了。很棒吧?
Uh, yeah. What? Nothing.
额,是啊。怎么了?没什么。
Oh, come on, Leonard, I know the car was a thoughtful gesture and I really appreciate it, but it doesn't make sense to have both.
莱纳德,别这样。我知道那辆车是你的好意,我也很感激。但是我没必要坐拥两辆车。
You're right. What should I have done?
你说得对。那我应该怎么做?
Taken a picture of us in the car and put it in a pink frame with puffy paint around it that says "Best Fiance Ever"?
拍一张咱俩在车里的照片放进粉色相框里,周围用发泡彩笔写上"世上最好的未婚夫"吗?
Doesn't sound that bad.
听起来不错啊。
Well, good, because...that's why I did! Uh! Thank you. That-that is so sweet.
很好,因为...我就是这么做了!啊!谢谢。你真是太好了。
No, it's not that sweet...I paid for the frame with your money and then got a massage.
不,我其实没那么好...我用你的钱买了相框,还做了个按摩。
You know what, you don't have to give me this. You keep it.
其实你不必还我钱。你留着吧。
Why? The car was a gift, it was something you needed. I was happy to help you out.
为什么?那辆车是我送你的礼物,是你需要的东西。我很高兴能帮得上忙。
And I really appreciate it, but now I don't need it, so...here you go.
我真的很感激,不过我现在不需要了,你拿着吧。
Well, this is silly, so you don't need the car, but you could use it to buy yourself something else, like a...new purse to put all this money in.
这样太蠢了,虽然你不需要车,不过你可以用这笔钱来买别的东西。比如,买个钱包来放这些钱。
Sweetie, I can buy my own stuff. I have a good job now.
亲爱的,我自己有钱买东西。我现在有份好工作。
I know, and I'm proud of you, but that doesn't mean I can't do something nice. Like this.
我知道,我也以你为傲,但我也可以为你做点事啊。比如这样。
Okay, I don't want this to turn into a fight. I don't, either.
我不想为了这事跟你吵架。我也不想。
Great. Thank you. Can you pass the salt, please? Sure.
很好。谢谢。能把盐给我吗?谢谢。好的。
In my mind, that broke the tension with comedy and led to sex.
在我看来,这么做不仅用幽默打破了僵局,还会勾起性欲。
Hey, Sheldon, you busy? I'm always busy.
谢尔顿,你忙吗?我一直都很忙。
This mind is capable of advanced multitasking.
我的大脑能够处理复杂的多重任务。
You know, currently, I'm attempting to solve the Penrose conjecture.
最近我一直在致力于证实英国数学物理学家彭罗斯猜想。
I'm composing my Nobel acceptance speech for when I've solved the Penrose conjecture, and I'm wondering how mermaids have babies.
我还在构思我证实彭罗斯猜想后,被授予诺贝尔奖时的获奖感言。同时我还在想美人鱼怎么生孩子。
Don't they lay eggs on a rock?
她们不是把蛋产在石头上的吗?
Now I've got room for another thing. What do you want?
现在我的大脑有空位想新事情了。你有什么事?
So, I did a little research on what the conditions are like in the mines, and the guys might be right, sounds pretty rough down there.
我对矿井里的情况做了一些调查。他们可能说得对,井下情况艰苦啊。
For starters, it's very humid, and about a hundred degrees.
首先,井下很潮湿,气温在37度左右。
Well, I'm from Texas and you're from India, we're no strangers to the fragrant armpit. Next.
我来自德克萨斯州,你来自印度。我们对腋下汗味一点都不陌生。下一个。
It's also a live mine, so there'll be dynamite explosions going off in the distance.
第二,那是个活矿井,所以远处可能会发生爆炸声。
Yeah, I have a lactose-intolerant roommate with a taste for ice cream. Next.
我有一个患有乳糖不耐症却还爱吃冰激凌的室友(放屁)。下一个。
Oh, you have to be down there for 12 hours at a time.
你每次得在底下待12个小时。
Yeah? We have to be somewhere.
那又怎样?反正都得找地方待。
Well, there's no toilets, we'll have to do our business in a bucket.
对了,那里没厕所,我们都得排泄在一个桶里。
So it's settled...we're not doing it.
答案揭晓 ...我们不去了。
Look, I get it, but...before we pass up on an incredible opportunity, I was thinking about when Howard was training to go to space, they put him in a simulated environment.
我明白,但是...在拒绝这个难得的机会之前,我想到在霍华德要上太空的时候,曾在一个模拟环境里受训。
Interesting. You're suggesting that we recreate the conditions of the mine to see if we can handle it. Exactly.
有意思。你是建议我们重现一下矿井的坏境,看看咱俩能否适应吗。对。
Very well. Anything else? Well, I'll just Google "Hot, dark and moist," see what comes up.
不错嘛。还要别的吗?我来搜"炙热(性感)、黑暗(黑皮肤) 、湿润"几个关键词,看看能搜出什么。
Uh, Sheldon...Oh, there, well, look, there's all kinds of videos.
那个,谢尔顿...快看,搜出了好多视频呢。
Hey, you got a sec? Hi. Sure.
你有空吗?当然有。
I was hoping we could talk about the money again. Oh, sweetie, just forget about it.
我希望能再谈一下那些钱的事。亲爱的,算了吧。
No, no, no, no, hear me out. I know things got a little weird last night.
不,不行,听我说。我知道昨晚事情发展得有点诡异。
Well, leaving an envelope full of cash on my dresser after sex would count as weird.
上完床后,在我床头柜上留下装满钱的信封,的确算得上诡异。
Well, I think I came up with a pretty good solution.
我想出了一个很好的解决办法。
Why don't we just put the money in a joint account?
我们何不把这钱存进一个共同账户里?
It'll be our first money together. We can use it for the wedding, the honeymoon, whatever.
这将是我们的第一笔共同资产。我们可以用它办婚礼,蜜月旅行,什么都可以。
You know what, that's great. I love that!
这主意太好了。我喜欢!
Yeah, of course you do. I'm not just a genius in bed.......
你当然会喜欢啦,我可不止是床上小天才哦。
You sure are, baby. You two want to be alone?
你当然是啦,宝贝。你要和这笔钱独处一下吗?
I want you to know I get why you don't want the money that you've got this new job, you're excited about being financially independent and I am nothing but proud of you.
我明白你不愿意留着这笔钱的原因。你找到了新工作,你很高兴自己终于经济独立了。我也无比为你感到骄傲。
Oh, thank you so much. It feels so good to hear you say that.
谢谢你。听你这么说真是太开心了。
And I want you to know that I get this job kind of changes the balance in our relationship, and...I'm trying to be sensitive to that.
我也希望你知道,我有了工作以后,我俩之间的平衡发生了改变。我也在小心翼翼地处理这件事。
What?
什么意思?
Well, I just think that maybe you're a little hung up on the money because I'm less reliant on you now, and that's a little scary.
我只是觉得也许你纠结这笔钱,是因为我现在不再依赖你了,所以你感到害怕了。
Hmm. Maybe. Or maybe I tried to do something nice and maybe you had a problem with it because of your control issues.
嗯,可能吧。也有可能我是想对你好一点,结果可能你反而适应不了。因为你是个控制狂。
Control issues? Maybe.
控制狂?可能吧。
Or...maybe...now that I'm no longer an out-of-work actress who can't pay for her own dinner, that makes you a little insecure.
也有...可能现在我不再是失业的演员,不会再付不起自己的饭钱,让你有点没安全感了。
Well, I can't believe you'd say that. You know how insecure I am about my insecurities.
真不敢相信你会这么说。你明知道我对于"没安全感"这事特别没安全感。
You know what? I'm sorry. It's stupid to fight over money.
好吧,对不起。为钱吵架这种事太愚蠢了。
Yeah, I'm sorry, too. We're about to share the rest of our lives together. It's our money, who cares who has it?
我也很抱歉。我们还要一起共度余生呢。这是我俩的钱,谁拿着又有什么关系?
Ugh! You're right, who cares?
你说得对!有什么关系呢?
Get that money out of my back pocket or I will break your fingers.
把钱从我裤子口袋拿出来,否则我拧断你手指。
All this time I never knew there were steam tunnels down here.
我从来不知道这下面里有蒸汽通道。
Most universities have them. When I was an undergrad, I spent three days in one pledging a sorority.
大部分大学都有这个。我读大学时,为求加入姐妹会,曾在里面待了3天。
Did you get in?
最后你加入了吗?
No. They forgot I was there. But it really opened up my pores.
没。她们忘记了我在下面。但我浑身的毛孔都被蒸开了。
Well, according to my research, the steam tunnels below this access point should be the closest analog to the mines.
根据我的调查,这个入口下面的蒸汽通道和矿井的环境最为相似。
This is gonna be so much more accurate than the steam room at the gym.
这个会比健身房里的桑拿房更接近真实环境吧。
Plus, there's almost no chance we'll see any of our coworkers half naked.
而且我们基本不可能看到任何一位同事的半裸。
Or totally naked. I love Howard, but the dude needs a little shame.
或者是全裸。我爱霍华德,可这混小子真是毫无节操啊。
All right, Amy, this walkie-talkie is yours. If we run into any problems, I'll contact you. And if anything bad happens, what's the rule?
好了,艾米,这是你的对讲机。如果我们遇到问题,我就联系你。如果有情况发生,还记得规矩吗?
Save you first; come back for Raj only if there's time.
先救你,有时间的话再回来救拉杰。
We're going to be fine.
我们不会有事的。
Sheldon, I'm really impressed you're willing to try this.
谢尔顿,我非常惊讶,你居然愿意来亲身体验。
Well, admittedly, this brushes up against my well-known aversions:
不可否认,此举触及到了我所有广为人知的死穴:
To heat, small places, going below floor-level, dampness, hatches, ladders, darkness, echoes, and eliminating in Home Depot buckets.
怕热 、怕狭窄、怕往地下走、怕湿、 怕舱口 、怕梯子、怕黑、 怕回声,还有怕在塑料桶里排泄。
That last one is quite new, but I have a feeling that's gonna rocket to the top of the list.
最后这项是新添的,但我感觉它将压倒群雄,荣登名单宝座。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
fragrant ['freigrənt]

想一想再看

adj. 芬香的,馥郁的

联想记忆
rough [rʌf]

想一想再看

adj. 粗糙的,粗略的,粗暴的,艰难的,讨厌的,不适的

 
theoretical [θiə'retikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 理论上的

 
colossus [kə'lɔsəs]

想一想再看

n. 巨大,巨型雕像

 
tension ['tenʃən]

想一想再看

n. 紧张,拉力,张力,紧张状态,[电]电压

联想记忆
panic ['pænik]

想一想再看

n. 恐慌
adj. 惊慌的
vt.

联想记忆
control [kən'trəul]

想一想再看

n. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置
vt. 控制

 
bend [bend]

想一想再看

v. 弯曲,使弯曲,屈服,屈从
n. 弯曲,弯

 
dynamite ['dainəmait]

想一想再看

n. 炸药,(用)炸药(爆破), 引起轰动的人(或物)

联想记忆
advanced [əd'vɑ:nst]

想一想再看

adj. 高级的,先进的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。