手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 生活大爆炸 > 生活大爆炸第八季 > 正文

生活大爆炸 第八季:第5集 宅男们的集思会(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Hey, I read that someone invented a way to convert your footsteps into electromagnetic energy so you can charge your cell phone while walking.

嘿,我看到有人发明了一种办法,可以将走路的能量转化成电磁能。这样就一边走一边能给手机充电了。
We had that idea years ago. How come we never did anything with it?
我们几年前就想到了这主意。怎么就没有进一步研究呢?
Probably because we left the diagram of it in the restaurant, and none of us wanted to walk back.
也许是因为我们把图落在了餐厅,没一个愿意走回去取。
I know the real reason you never made progress with that idea. You thought of it September 22,2007.
我知道你不进一步研究的真正原因。你是在2007年9月22日想到的。
Two days later, Penny moved in, and so much blood rushed to your genitals, your brain became a ghost town.
两天后 Penny搬了进来,你的血液都跑去生殖器了,所以大脑就空了。
That's not what happened.
不是这么回事。
I remember it distinctly because I had just composed my annual poem commemorating the anniversary of Dr. Seuss's death.
我记得很清楚,是因为我刚写完每年一次纪念苏斯博士逝世周年的诗歌。
No one wants to hear it. Why, die. Why did he die? Old, told. I was told he was old.
没人想听。为什么会死?为什么他会死?老了,说了。我听说他老了。
Penny is not the reason I didn't pursue that idea.
Penny不是我没有深入研究的原因。
Oh, really? Since meeting her, what have been your greatest accomplishments?
真的?那认识她以后,你最大的成就是什么?
Easy. Sleeping with Penny.
简单。和Penny上床。
Getting Penny to go back out with him after she dumped him.
在Penny甩了他之后,把她争取了回来。
Tricking Penny into getting engaged.
骗Penny订婚。
And a few weeks ago, he almost did a pull-up.
几个星期前,他差点做成一个引体向上。
I think someone owes me an apology.
我觉得有人该道歉。
Well, don't feel bad. I think we've all been distracted since the girls entered our lives.
别自责。我觉得在姑娘们进入我们生活后,我们都被分神了。
You admit Amy's a distraction?
你承认Amy让你分神了?
Oh, very much so. Listen to this. This is from two days ago. "Hi. Hope you're having a good day." Who has time for this constant sexting?
太分神了。听听这个,两天前收到的:"嗨,希望你今天愉快。"有谁会一直这样短信调情?
Well, maybe we have lost our focus.
也许我们分散了注意力。
It wouldn't kill us to get together and brainstorm ideas.
再聚到一起进行头脑风暴也不是件坏事。
Ooh, we could have one of those retreats.
哦,我们可以来一次静思。
Like our own science retreat.
我们独特的科学静思。
My cousin has a cabin out in the woods.
我表哥在森林里有个小木屋。
I'm not going to a cabin in the woods. Did you see the movie Cabin in the Woods?
我可不去森林里的小木屋。你没看过《林中小屋》"吗?
Then we'll go to a hotel. A hotel? Did you see The Shining?
那我们就去酒店。酒店?没看过《闪灵》吗?
We could go up to Big Bear and get a house on the lake. Did you see The Lake House?
我们可以北上去大熊湖,找个湖畔小屋。你没看过《湖边小屋》?
Nothing bad happens in The Lake House.
《湖边小屋》里又没发生什么坏事。
Yeah, well, no, not to them. To me. Time traveling mailbox. The only time that traveled was an hour and half of my life down the toilet.
对他们是没坏事,对我有。什么穿越时空的信箱。对我来说穿越的就只是我穿梭进粪坑里的那一个半小时。
Fine. Then we'll just stay here and do it. Well, you didn't suggest a beach house.
好吧,那我们就留在这里好了。你还没提议海边小屋呢。
You would go to a beach house? Well, good Lord, no...have you seen Jaws?
你想去海边小屋?天啊,当然不想... 没看过《大白鲨》吗?
Hey. Hey. So, the guys and I are talking about having kind of a science retreat this weekend. I just wanted to know if that's okay.
嘿。嘿。我和兄弟们讨论,想要在这个周末做个科学静思。只是想问问你可以吗。
You and I had talked about going to brunch on Sunday...Want to go to Vegas this weekend? Of course I do.
我们本来说好星期天一起吃早午餐的...周末想去拉斯维加斯吗?当然想去。
Bernadette? Girl's weekend. Vegas. You in? Hell, yeah! Yes!
Bernadette呢?女生周末去维加斯,一起吗?当然啦!一起去!
I'll check flights. I'll check hotels.
我来查机票。我来查酒店。
I'll check my underpants. I'm so excited, I think I peed.
我来查内裤,我可能兴奋到尿裤子了。
They seem okay with it.
她们好像不反对。
Hey. Hey. Hey. I didn't think you'd make it. Why not?
嘿。嘿。嘿,我还以为你来不了呢。为什么?
Well, 'cause you have a steady girlfriend now, and we assumed you'd have to stay home to lower the food down to her in the pit.
因为你现在有了固定女朋友,所以我们觉得你得待在家里,陪她做点饭后运动。
For your information, Emily is working tonight.
那我得告诉你,Emily今晚要干活。
Yeah, one would assume, on getting out of the pit.
是啊,要结束"运动"也是蛮拼的呢。
Okay, let's focus. The girls are gone, we have 48 hours. There are no distractions. Let's change the world.
好了,集中注意力。姑娘们走了,我们有48个小时。没人能让我们分神,一起改变世界吧。
Thinking caps on. Here we go. Ooh, this is exciting. We're innovating. I feel like we're in the Facebook movie.
思考状态启动。我们开始。哦,太兴奋了。我们在创新。感觉就像在演《脸书》电影。
Oh. I never saw that. Yeah. Really?
我没看过。不是吧?
Oh. It's wonderful, and I swear I'm not saying that because Justin Timberlake is in it.
哦。超好看的,而且我发誓不是因为男神贾斯汀?汀布莱克参演了才这么说的。
Yeah, I have it on Blu-ray. We should watch it. Cool. I'll make the popcorn.
我有蓝光盘。我们应该看看。好。我做点爆米花。
Guys...in 30 seconds, we went from "Let's change the world" to "Let's watch TV."
各位...过了30秒,我们就从"一起改变世界"变成"一起看电影"了。
I'm sorry. Is that a "no"?
抱歉,你是说“不看”吗?
Okay. No. Leonard's right. We're here to focus.
好吧,不看了。Leonard说得对,我们得集中精力。
Didn't we used to have a list of all our ideas? I...I think I still have it.
我们以前不是有点子清单吗?我好像还留着。
I did not get a clear answer. I'm gonna set this down now. Ah, here it is.
我还没听到明确答复,所以我先把光盘放下。找到了。
Whoa. I haven't looked at these in years. "Robot girlfriend."
哇哦。我好多年都没看过了。"机器人女友"。
Mm, that was mine. "Robot prostitute." Also mine.
是我的主意。"机器人妓女"。还是我的。
Wait. I'm confused. Why would you need both a robot girlfriend and a robot prostitute?
等等,我有点奇怪。你为什么会想要机器人女友又要机器人妓女呢?
There's just some things you don't do with your robot girlfriend.
因为有些“事情”你没法跟机器人女友做。
Boy, when you met Bernadette, the field of robotics really took a hit.
兄弟,你遇到Bernadette之后,机器人研究领域受到了重创啊。
Okay, let's just skip all the inventions you can have sex with.
好吧,我们就跳过那些能"搞"的发明。
All right, no...here we go: "Ergonomic heated seat cushion" No, it vibrates. Keep going.
好吧... 有了:"符合人体工程学的加热坐垫"。那个会震动。接着翻。
You know, let's just come up with something new. You know, a number of significant innovations have been inspired by science fiction.
好吧,我们还是想些新点子吧。要知道,相当一部分的伟大创新,都是从科幻作品里找到的灵感。
The...the geosynchronous satellite from Arthur C.Clarke.
地球同步人造卫星是借鉴了Arthur C. Clarke的作品。
The Motorola flip phone...that came from Star Trek.
摩托罗拉翻盖手机... 借鉴了"星际迷航"。
Yeah, and I've long suspected that the idea of an AfricanAmerican President was stolen from the movie Deep Impact.
我已经怀疑了很久,一个非洲裔美国人当总统这主意是从《天地大冲撞》里偷来的。
Hey, the future they show in Back to the Future II is only a year away. A lot of the things in that movie haven't been invented yet.
嘿,他们在《回到未来2》里说的未来就是明年。那电影里面有好多东西还没发明出来呢。
How cool would that be if we could make one of those a reality?
如果我们能把其中一个在现实中制造出来有多棒呀?
If we could figure out the scientific basis for Marty's hover board, that would have universal application.
如果我们能弄明白马蒂悬浮滑板的科学理论依据,就能在全世界投入应用了。
Well, it's...it's possible at absolute zero, but we would have to remove the temperature restrictions.
这东西... 只适用于绝对零度,但我们得想办法解决温度的限制。
Oh, I have an idea. I think I have the same one.
我有个主意。我觉得我也想到了。
We got to watch Back to the Future II! I'll make the popcorn.
我们得看一遍《回到未来2》!我去做爆米花。
So, where should we go first? Ooh. There's a cover band in the lounge. Nah.
我们先去哪里?哦,酒吧有翻唱乐队表演。不去。
But they play Barry Manilow. No. But they're called "Fairly Manilow""
但他们唱的是巴瑞?曼尼洛的歌。不去。但他们叫"酷似曼尼洛"。
Oh. Okay. Great! No! Well, what do you want to do?
好吧。太好了!不去!那你想干什么?
Well, we're in Vegas. I want to go downstairs, get a bucket of margaritas, dance until I vomit all over a roulette wheel and watch it go everywhere.
我们在维加斯。我想去楼下,来一大杯玛格丽特鸡尾酒,跳舞跳到吐在轮盘赌桌上,然后看它飞溅四方。
What if we don't want to vomit?
如果我们不想吐呢?
Oh, you will. That's why they give you the bucket. Uh-oh. What?
你会吐的,所以他们才卖一大杯。糟糕。怎么了?
It's my boss. They moved my field ride up to Monday.
我老板来短信,他们把我的现场实习提前到了周一。
What does that mean?
那是什么意思?
It means instead of having a week to study, I only have two days.
就意味着我没有一个星期可以看材料了,只有两天。
That sucks. Can you start in the morning?
太糟糕了。你能早上再看吗?
Uh, it's kind of a lot. You know, let me do a little tonight, and I'll catch up with you guys later.
有很多东西要看。好吧,我今晚看一些,晚点再和你们一起玩。
You sure? Yeah, it's okay. Go ahead. So, um, now that Penny's not coming...We're not seeing Fairly Manilow. Okay.
你确定吗?没关系的,你们去吧。现在Penny不去了...我们不去看"酷似曼尼洛" 好吧。
Hold on. Pause. Something doesn't make sense.
等等,暂停。有地方不对劲。
Look...In 2015, Biff steals the sports almanac and takes the time machine back to 1955, to give it to his younger self.
你们看...2015年,Biff偷了运动年鉴,然后拿了时光机器回到1955年,就为了把年鉴给年轻的自己。
But as soon as he does that, he changes the future, so the 2015 he returns to would be a different 2015, not the 2015 that Marty and Doc were in.
但一旦他这么做了,他就改变了未来。所以他回到的那个2015年就是个不一样的2015年,而不是Marty和博士在的2015年了。
This is Hot Tub Time Machine all over again.
这和《热浴盆时光机》完全一样。
If future Biff goes back to 2015 right after he gives young Biff the almanac, he could get back to the 2015 with Marty and Doc in it.
如果未来的Biff一把年鉴交给年轻Biff就回2015年的话,他就能回到有Marty和博士的那个2015年。
Because it wasn't until his 21st birthday that 1955 Biff placed his first bet.
因为,1955年的Biff是到了21岁生日的时候才赌了第一次。
Wait. Whoa, whoa. Is "placed" right? What do you mean?
等等,等等。用"赌了"不对吧?你是什么意思?
Is "placed" the right tense for something that would have happened in the future of a past that was affected by something from the future?
用"赌了"来形容本该在被未来某物影响的过去的未来发生的事情 时态对吗?
Had will have placed? That's my boy.
在未来的过去的未来赌了?干得漂亮。
Okay, so, it wasn't until his 21st birthday that Biff had will have placed his first bet and made his millions. That's when he altered the timeline.
好吧,1955年的Biff是到了21岁生日的时候,才在未来的过去的未来赌了第一次赚了百万。那时候他才改变了时间线。
Yeah, but he had will haven't placed it! What? !
没错,但他没有在过去的未来的过去赌!什么?!
Unlike Hot Tub Time Machine, this couldn't be more simple.
和《热浴盆时光机》不同,这个简直太简单了。
When Biff gets the almanac in 1955, the alternate future he creates isn't the one in which Marty and Doc Brown ever use the time machine to travel to 2015.
当Biff在1955年拿到了年鉴,他创造的未来就不是Marty和Brown博士会用时光机器去的2015年。
Therefore, in the new timeline, Marty and Doc never brought the time machine...W Wait.
因此在新的时间线里,Marty和Doc从来没有带过来那个时间机器...等... 等等。
Is "brought" right?
“带来”?
Marty and Doc never had have had brought?
Marty和Doc从来没有过已经带来过?
I don't know. You did it to me.
我不知道。你刚才就这么给我挑刺来着。
Oh, I'm going with it. Marty and Doc never had have had brought the time machine to 2015.
哦,那就这么用了。Marty和Doc从来没有过已经把时间机器带到2015年。
That means 2015 Biff could also not had have had brought the almanac to 1955 Biff.
那就意味着,2015年的BIff也没有过已经带给1955年的Biff过年鉴。
Therefore, the timeline in which 1955 Biff gets the almanac is also the timeline in which 1955 Biff never gets the almanac.
所以,在1955年Biff得到年鉴的时间线,也同样是没有得到年鉴的1955年的Biff所在的时间线。
And not just "never gets." Never have, never hasn't, never had have hasn't.
并且还不仅仅是“没有得到”,从来没有过,没有不是过,从来没有没有过。
He's right. Also, what kind of name is Biff? Sounds like when you pop open a can of Pillsbury dough. Biff.
他说得对。而且,Biff是什么鬼名字?听起来像开装面团罐子的声音。哔夫。
Oh, that stuff is so good wrapped around cocktail weenies.
喔,那东西卷上维也纳迷你香肠,简直是人间美味。
Guys...Do you know that the word "wiener" comes from the German name of the Austrian capital Vienna, or "Wien"?
又来了...你们知道“维也纳香肠”这个词来自于德语中的奥地利首都Vienna,或是“Wien”?
Do you know if you look at Austria on a map it actually looks like a wiener?
你知不知道奥地利的地图看起来就像是一个鸡鸡?
Guys, what are we doing? W We sent the girls away so we could focus.
伙计们,我们在干嘛啊?我们把姑娘们都打发走了,这样我们就能专注一点。
I don't think it worked.
好像没用。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
wheel [wi:l]

想一想再看

n. 轮子,车轮,方向盘,周期,旋转
vi.

 
assume [ə'sju:m]

想一想再看

vt. 假定,设想,承担; (想当然的)认为

联想记忆
remove [ri'mu:v]

想一想再看

v. 消除,除去,脱掉,搬迁
n. 去除

联想记忆
composed [kəm'pəuzd]

想一想再看

adj. 镇静的,沉着的

联想记忆
steady ['stedi]

想一想再看

adj. 稳定的,稳固的,坚定的
v. 使稳固

 
assumed [ə'sju:md]

想一想再看

adj. 假装的;假定的

 
pursue [pə'sju:]

想一想再看

v. 追捕,追求,继续从事

联想记忆
skip [skip]

想一想再看

v. 跳过,略过,遗漏
n. 跳跃,跳读

 
apology [ə'pɔlədʒi]

想一想再看

n. 道歉;勉强的替代物

联想记忆
distinctly [di'stiŋktli]

想一想再看

adv. 清楚地,显然地,明显地

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。