Hey, ready for lunch? Oh, one sec.
可以去吃午饭了吗,马上好
Is that the prototype drive system for the highG rover?
那是太空探测车的驱动系统原型吗
No, Bernadette got me a Fitbit so she can track how much I'm exercising.
不是啦,伯纳黛特给我买了运动手环,好追查我每天运动量有多少
That'll teach her to care about your health. I can't wait to see the look on her face when I die young.
看她还敢不敢再关心你健康,我真想看看哪天我早死时,她震惊的表情
When was the last actual exercise you got?
你上一次真的去运动是什么时候
The other day, when she tried to put that Fitbit on me and I ran away from her.
前几天她硬要给我戴上手环,我落荒而逃时
According to a recent study, simply thinking about exercise, even while sitting still, can have physical benefits.
最近一份研究指出哪怕你赖着不动,只要心中想着运动,就能给身体带来好处
For all you know, I could be exercising right now.
指不定我现在就在运动呢
Are you? Eh, I'll do it tomorrow.
那你是吗,还是明天再想吧
It wouldn't be the worst thing if we were more active.
我们多运动一点也不是什么坏事啊
Oh. You make an excellent point.
兄台此言甚是有理
Ooh, I think I'm getting a runner's high!
跑步的愉悦感蹭蹭往上飙啊(当运动量超过某一阶段时,体内便会分泌脑内啡,会有如同吗啡一样的止痛和欣快感)
Look at all these activities the university has. Rock climbing club, archery, flag football.
看看大学里的各种运动社团,攀岩社,射箭,夺旗橄榄球
Had me at flag, lost me at football.
旗字让我兴奋,橄榄球让我无力
Yeah, I think it's great you guys want to get more exercise, but do you really think sports is the right choice for you?
我觉得你们想要多动动真的很棒,可是你们真觉得选择运动合适吗
What are you saying? We're not coordinated enough to play sports?
你什么意思?我们身体协调性太差不适合玩体育吗
Okay, Leonard, sweetheart, you twisted your ankle playing Scrabble.
莱纳德,亲爱的,你玩个拼字游戏都能扭伤脚踝
I got a tripleword score with a double letter "Q."
那一次堪比打麻将,连庄还自摸清一色
If that's not a time to bust out the Scrabble dance, what's the point of having one?
此时不跳庆祝嘚瑟舞,那这舞还有啥存在价值
Hey, Barry Kripke started a fencing club.
巴里·克瑞普吉开了一个击剑俱乐部呢
Interesting. Sword fighting does hold a certain elegant appeal. And I would imagine it meets many of our personal criteria for a sport.
有意思,击剑的吸引力在于不失风度,同时也满足了我们几个对运动项目的要求
It's indoors, so no sunscreen. No throwing, no catching, no running.
它在室内进行,不需要擦防晒霜,不需要扔,不需要接,还不需要跑
No gym shorts that can be yanked down. Or worse, up.
不用穿可能会被人脱的体育短裤,或更惨,被人用力往上提
Preach. And as an added bonus, the word "touche" comes from fencing. It would be our only opportunity to use it in a nonmetaphorical sense.
同意,而且有个加分项,"一针见血"这词原是击剑中得分之意,是我们唯一能不带隐喻地使用这词的地方
What about a game of tag on a French schoolyard? Ah, touche.
玩捉人游戏的法国校园中也能吧,你这话"一针见血"
Thanks for coming by. Sure. So how can we help?
多谢你们能来。没事,需要我们帮忙什么
Well, I know more women are buying comics than ever, but for some reason, I-I can't get 'em in here.
我知道现在越来越多女人买漫画书,但不知道为何,我没法把她们吸引进我的店
All right, well, what have you tried so far?
目前你试过哪些揽女客的办法呢
Uh, I've been stocking more femaleoriented titles.
我试着摆出更多女性导向的漫画
Uh, in the bathroom, I folded the end of the toilet paper into a triangle.
洗手间里,我特意把厕纸尾端折成小三角造型
And, uh, you are now sitting in the official breastfeeding area.
而且呢,你们现在坐的地方正是特选"哺乳区"
Really? In a comic book store?
在漫画店里这样好吗
Oh, don't worry. II've got a camera right up here, so I could watch from the counter and make sure guys aren't being pervs.
不用担心,我在这里正上方装了监控,这样我就能从收银台监视确保没有变态男客偷看
Anyway, so what do I got to do to get you in the door?
总之,我该怎么样做才能揽进女客呢
Well, for starters, you might want to rethink some of this artwork. I mean, this woman's actually on a leash like a dog.
首先呢,你得重新考量一下店里的摆设,比如这个女人像条狗一样被链子拴住
Well, you don't know the backstory. Maybe she kept jumping up on the couch.
你又不知道图画的背景故事,或许她整天乱蹦到沙发上,才被拴住
I feel cool. Like Puss in Boots. I always wanted to be a swashbuckler when I was a kid.
我感觉自己好酷啊,就像穿靴子的猫,我小时候一直都梦想当个咻当侠盗
Technically, "swashbuckler" is a combination of two terms. "Swash" referring to the sound of the sword. " Swash.
其实"咻当"这词是两个字的组合,咻"指的是挥剑的声音,咻
And then "buckler" meaning a small shield, which you don't have.
而"当"原意是指一个小手盾,可是你没有
We can still be swashers. Well said, Puss.
那我们还是能当咻咻侠盗啊,说得好,靴猫剑客(孬种)
Gentlemen, welcome to the fencing club. Before we start, I just want to warn you, fencing isn't a joke.
先生们,欢迎来到击剑俱乐部。在开始之前,我想警告你们,击剑可不是闹着玩
I hope you're not here because you think it's going to be like Star Wars.
我希望你们来上课不是因为觉得,这会像《星球大战》一样
That's not why we're here.
我们不是为那个而来的
Yeah, I'm here because I think it's gonna be like Game of Thrones. And maybe a little Princess Bride.
我来是以为会像《权力的游戏》中那样,或许跟《公主新娘》也沾点边
Ooh, ooh! I forgot about Princess Bride! That's my answer!
我忘了还有《公主新娘》,这才是我来的主因
Well, sorry to disappoint you, but fencing is a serious sport.
那很抱歉你们要失望了,击剑是很严肃的运动
If you're not willing to put in the effort, you might as well just leave now.
如果你们不愿意全身心投入训练,那还是趁早离开吧
We're not afraid of physical activity. I already ran 18 miles today.
我们不怕做体力活动,我今天已经"跑"了29公里了
All right. Let's begin with some fundamentals. This is the en garde position.
好吧,那先从一些基本动作开始。这是起势,预备姿势
Feet are in an "L." Heels in a straight line. Elbow is about a fist from the rib cage. Notice my dominant leg faces forward.
双脚成"L"形,脚跟在同一线上,持剑手臂与躯干有一拳距离,注意我的主导腿向前(主导腿根据惯用手而定,左撇子则是左腿在前)
Oh, dear. What's wrong, Cooper?
天啊,怎么了,库珀
Well, I'm not sure I have a dominant leg. They're both pretty submissive.
我不太确定我的主导腿是哪条,这两条腿都很听话不争宠
When you're in a public restroom, which foot do you flush the toilet with?
你在公共厕所时习惯用哪只脚冲厕所
Right. Always right. He's a righty.
右腿,一直用右腿,他是右撇子
Okay, show me en garde. Good. Knees bent, slightly over the toe. Nonsword hand up for balance.
好的,预备姿势,很好,膝盖弯曲,略微超过脚尖,非持剑的手臂抬起保持平衡
I am going to feel this tomorrow.
我明天一定浑身酸疼
The first move is called an advance. You move your front foot forward, heel to toe. Back foot follows.
第一式叫向前移步,前脚往前迈一步,脚跟先着地,后脚跟上前
So front foot forward, heel to toe. Back foot follows. Now you try. Advance. And advance. And advance.
前脚往前迈,脚跟先着地,后脚跟上前。现在你们试试,向前,向前, 向前
This is easy. I didn't need to wear a cup.
这太简单了,根本不用穿护裆罩
Good. The next move is called a retreat. Step back. Back foot first, toe to heel. Front foot follows. On three.
很好,下一式叫向后移步,后退,后脚后移一步,前脚掌先着地,前脚跟着后移,数到三
Excuse me, Barry? Yes. When can I stab one of my friends?
我有个问题,说。我何时能用剑刺我的朋友
In fencing, we don't call it a stab. We call it a touch.
在击剑里,那个动作不叫"刺",叫"击中"(触摸)。
Uh, yes, I'm aware. But if I say I want to touch one of my friends, I'll get called into Human Resources.
我知道,可如果我说我想"触摸"我的朋友,我会被人事部叫去训话
Okay, on three, Cooper and Koothrappali advance, the other two retreat.
好的,数到三,库珀和库萨帕里向前,其余两人向后
One, two, three. Very good. Switch it up. One, two, three. Switch again. One, two, three.
一,二,三,非常好,动作互换,一,二,三,再换,一,二,三
Excuse me. Can I call you back? No, I'm teaching a class. Sure. Sure. An hour, tops. Yeah. Okay. Okay. Yeah. Okay. Thanks. And one, two, three.
失陪一下,我晚点打回去好吗?不,我在教课呢,当然,当然,最多一小时吧,对,好的,好的,好,多谢,一,二,三
Have you thought about advertising directly to females? Hmm, okay. Well... All right.
你有想过直接面向女性做宣传吗?好吧,也行
What if I put up a sign in the window that said, "Women, come in. Don't be afraid."
这主意怎么样,在橱窗竖一块牌子写着“女人们,进来吧,别害怕”
Uh, have you read the online reviews for this place?
你看过网上对这地方的评价吗
Eh, the Internet's so negative. I try to avoid it.
互联网阴暗负面,我尽量不看呢
All right, well, Heather H. Says, "The owner stared at me the whole time and didn't blink once."
好吧,希瑟一号说"店主全程都盯着我看,眼睛都不眨一下"
Kelly M. Says, "The creepy guy who runs it asked me out, then called himself stupid before I could say no."
凯丽二号说,"开这家店的怪胎想约我,我还没来得及拒绝,他就说自己蠢"
Jessica K. Says, "I told the weird owner that I liked his shirt. He took it off and gave it to me." See? Negative.
杰西卡三号说, "我跟变态店主说我喜欢他的衣服,结果他立马脱下给我"。瞧,太负面了
With your foil extended, kick your front leg up and push off with your back leg. Now you try. And again.And again.
伸出花剑,前腿前踢,后腿反推身体向前,你们试试,再来,再来
Look at us! We're like the Rockettes!
瞧瞧咱们,就像火箭女郎(百老汇踢踏舞团,以华丽整齐的大腿舞而闻名于世)
En garde, Leonard. Prepare yourself for a rigorous touching.
预备,莱纳德,准备好接受我狂风暴雨般的攻击(触摸)
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
我叫埃尼戈·蒙托亚,你杀了我的父亲,准备受死吧
I thought you were Puss in Boots.
我以为你要演穿靴子的猫呢
Oh, yeah, right. Sorry. My name is Puss in Boots. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
对哦,抱歉,我是穿靴子的猫,你杀了我的父亲,准备受死吧
I'm looking forward to him teaching us gloveslapping. What?
我还等着他教咱们用手套扇脸呢,什么
You know, when my honor is insulted, and I need to challenge someone to a duel by slapping them across the face with my glove.
就是当我的尊严被侵犯时,我需要跟某人决斗,挑衅的方式就是,甩手套扇那人的脸
When was your honor insulted? My last physical.
你的尊严什么时候被侵犯了?上次做体检的时候
Again, that doctor didn't insult your honor. Just checked your prostate.
再说一次,医生并没有侵犯你的尊严,他只是检查你的前列腺