手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 新闻编辑室 > 新闻编辑室第三季 > 正文

新闻编辑室第三季(MP3+中英字幕):第3集 要求供出线人

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Any shock they should try to stem

如果还有什么能震惊他们
'Stead of landing Plymouth Rock
不是在普利茅斯岩上落脚
Plymouth Rock would land on them
而是岩石压在他们身上
In olden days a glimpse of stocking
以前的时候,哪怕露出长筒袜
Was looked on as something shocking
都会被视为出格之举
But now God knows
但如今天晓得
Anything goes
什么都无所谓了
Good authors, too, who once knew better words
还有那些好作家,以前会遣词造句
Now only use fourletter words writing
如今就只会闲扯几句...
What the fuck is going on?
这他妈怎么回事
They're taking our hard drives.
他们要拿走我们的硬盘
Is it Neal's story?
是因为尼尔的报道吗
They've got a warrant to search the hard drives.
他们有搜查硬盘的搜查令
Is this for real? What's your name?
这是动真格的吗,你叫什么
My name? Yeah.
我叫什么,对
It's spelled arrest me or go fuck yourself.
我叫"逮捕我,要么就玩蛋去"
We've been raided.
我们被搜查了
It's Saturday night and you got the graveyard shift.
周六晚上,你来值夜班了
What would I find if I stop and frisk you, Snoop Dogg?
如果我搜你的身会发现什么,饶舌小子
Unless that warrant says you can stick your hand in my pockets,
除非你的搜查令上写着你可以搜我的兜
you're gonna find yourself
你就会涉嫌
in a conversation about illegal search and seizure.
非法搜查与扣押
All right, back off. Everybody just cooperate.
行了,冷静,大家配合他们
My password's NY I don't need your password.
我的密码是NY...我不需要你的密码
That's a comfort. Please stand away from your desk.
太贴心了,请大家离开桌子
Do you know where Neal Sampat is?
你知道尼尔·桑帕特在哪吗
What are my rights in this situation?
我现在有什么权利
You don't answer and you don't get to keep asking that question.
你不用回答,你不能一直纠缠他
Actually, she does, but nobody has to answer.
她可以继续问,但大家不用回答
So just turn down the temperature a litt
大家冷静一点
This is a fucking outrage, Molly. Okay.
这太他妈操蛋了,莫莉,好吧
And this is a fucking warrant from a federal court, Mac.
这他妈还是联邦法院的搜查令呢,麦肯
And we are the physical manifestation of the will of that court.
我们是法院指令的执行人
The fuck are you, Marley's ghost?
你算什么,阴魂不散的鬼吗
You kiss your sources with that mouth?
你跟线人说话嘴也这么甜吗
Don, please stay where you are.
唐,请别乱走动
I'd like to make sure my phones aren't being tapped.
我想去确保我的手机没有被窃听
They don't have permission to tap our phones.
他们没有窃听我们电话的许可
Then I guess this would be the first time
那联调局要破例
the FBI has used a warrantless wiretap.
无搜查令窃听了
Can I save you guys some time?
我能替你们省省时间吗
Neal is a smart guy and there's no way he left a trail
尼尔很聪明,他绝不会把关于一名
to a government source on
政府告密者的线索
something that can be seized by the government.
留在能被政府扣押的东西里的
I've got privileged stock information on my computer.
我电脑上有机密股票信息
I see one of you guys buy a speedboat...
你们手下如果有谁挣了大钱...
They're just doing their jobs.
他们只是在尽本职
And I'm doing mine.
我也一样
Charlie.
查理
It's Charlie Skinner. Give me LA control, please.
我是查理·斯金纳,请给我接洛杉矶控制室
Please put the phone down, Mr. Skinner.
请把电话放下,斯金纳先生
Don, Jim, power up our control room.
唐,吉姆,去启动控制室
Yeah. Gary, grab a camera.
嗯,格雷,去拿摄像机
Can you get me wired? Guys!
给我做准备,伙计们
It's Charlie in New York.
我是纽约的查理
We're gonna be breaking in live in three minutes.
我们三分钟后切入直播
Do you have the first idea how any of this equipment works?
你知道这些设备怎么用吗
I don't know how electricity works. Just start pressing buttons.
我连电力原理都不懂,随便按按钮就是了
We don't know how to broadcast anything.
我们根本不会做放送
Charlie was on the phone with Domino's Pizza.
查理打给的是披萨店
We're not broadcasting anything.
我们不会放送什么的
Just get an inhouse feed up on the monitors.
把室内信号放到显示屏上就行
Don't make things harder on yourselves.
别进一步为难你们自己
I think I'm making things harder for you.
我觉得我是在为难你
Come on, Mac. We've been friends forever.
得了,麦肯,我们是老朋友了
I'm coming to your wedding.
我还要去参加你的婚礼呢
Well, I haven't gotten your RSVP yet, Molly.
我还没收到你的回复呢,莫莉
So how'd you like your name chyroned?
你希望自己的名字印成什么效果的
This is now out of control.
这下失控了
It's not hard to promptly RSVP.
回复一个又没什么难的
It's a common courtesy. 90 seconds.
这是礼貌,90秒了
They're bluffing.
他们是虚张声势
Hook me up, quick.
给我接线
Come on, guys. Find some lights.
赶紧开灯啊
See, I don't think there's gonna be an onoff switch.
我觉得应该没有开关之类的
Check it out. What did you press?
瞧啊,你按哪个按钮了
It's an onoff switch.
一个开关
What is on our air?
这是在播什么
"Red Carpet Roundup." We need a studio feed.
"众星云集红毯" ,我们得切演播室的信号
Can I just say that this
我能不能说
network's Saturday night programming is
咱家电视台周六的节目真是...
Maybe now's not the time. But I do agree. Yeah.
现在不是时候,不过说得对,嗯
How have neither of you in all this time
你们怎么可能在这么长时间里
absorbed any of the technology involved
一丁点都没有学到
with broadcasting the news you, you know, do?
把你们报道的新闻播放出去的技术
Well, I can't speak for Don, but my experience is
我不知道唐的情况,但就我来说...
Shut up.
闭嘴吧
Do we have sound? Can anybody hear me?
声音开启了吗,能听到吗
Is it Kip?
是奇普吗
Your lack of cooperation will be noted for our report.
你的不合作会记录在报告里的
I hope that doesn't leak to the press.
希望这报告不会被泄露给媒体
Oh, I'm gonna make sure it does. I'm being cooperative.
我会确保泄露出去的,我很配合
Can it be noted that some of us are being downright docile?
能记录一下我们有些人很配合吗
So it's Kip? Rodger with a D.
是奇普了,是罗杰,中间有一个D
We're gonna misspell it.
放心,我们一定会拼错的
$210 a plate, Molly.
一块铭牌210呢,莫莉
It's nice to have a head count. He's not made of money.
清楚人数没什么不对,他又不是钱多得没处烧
I do fine. We can afford it.
没事,我们付得起
We're up. That's nice, Gary.
好了,真不错,格雷
Yeah, start on the windbreakers
从风衣开始
and then come over and frame up
然后过来
Special Agent Levy for the hero shot.
给特派探员莱维一个特写
There's a typo. You left out the R.
打错了,不是宗
Where? It says "Beaking news."
什么,你打的"宗大新闻"
Calm down. Can she hear you on the IFB?
冷静,她能听到你说话吗
No. Please, please, pretend you can hear me.
不能,拜托了,装作听得到吧
Copy, I can hear you. She did it!
收到,听到你了,她做到了
She felt my vibe. I think she can really hear you.
这是精神力量啊,我觉得她是真听到了
It says "baking news" now. Fuck!
现在打成"肿大新闻"了,妈的
15 seconds. Good talking to you, Molly.
还剩15秒,和莫莉你聊天很开心
You and your men continue
你和你手下继续
your government raid of an American newsroom.
对美国某家新闻编辑室进行突击检查吧
I'm gonna go executive produce a special report.
我去监制这次特别报道了
Stand them down.
让他们停下吧
Stand down.
停下
Everybody stand down.
所有人,停下
LA control, keep your air.
洛杉矶控制室,继续进行直播
They're stopping!
他们停下了
We did it.
我们成功了
Freedom won and not a bullet was fired.
兵不血刃,赢得了自由
Let this day be recorded in the all
今天应该能被记载史...
Your fly is unzipped.
你裤子拉链没拉
I'm not sure how I feel about new confident Maggie.
玛姬改头换面后,自信到我都不认识了
She's looking good.
还是挺勾人的
I can still hear you.
我还能听到你说话
Do you think there's any chance she's
你觉得有没有可能她是...
I'm not pretending.
我不是装的
Seems like lately a lot of people
看来最近很多人
have been playing fast and loose with the law.
都在法律边缘游走玩火啊
I didn't break any laws.
我可没犯法
It was a solid warrant
他们有搜查令
and they had a solid reason for seeking it.
而且搜查理由也很正当
I'm not at all convinced we're the good guys.
我可不信我们都是好人
Where was he supposed to go? The source?
他本来要去哪,线人吗
Where was he supposed to go? The police?
他本来要去哪,去自首吗
He's not supposed to go anywhere with classified information.
他就不应该怀揣机密文件到处晃悠
That was the Assistant Attorney General,
我刚和联邦司法部长助理
the US Attorney for the Southern District,
南区联邦检察官
and the Deputy Director of the FBI on the phone.
及联调局副局长通过电话
And?
然后呢
We've negotiated a oneweek ceasefire.
我们协商决定暂停搜查一周
Friday night we'll all meet up at Main Justice in DC
周五晚我们在华盛顿的司法部大楼
and try to dig our way out of this.
协商处理这起事件
I'm not holding this story for a week.
要我隐瞒不报新闻一周,我可做不到
Holding the story for a week
瞒报新闻一周
isn't a problem. It's a problem for me.
不是问题,对我来说是
Doesn't it take at least a week
难道不得至少花一周时间
to vet 27,000 documents?
调查这两万七千份文档吗
If you put the same scrupulous attention into vetting this story
要是你投入和之前调查热那亚事件
as you did with Genoa, you should be done in no time.
一样的精力,那调查早就搞定了
You are sitting at the loser table.
你就等着坐屌丝专席吧
At your wedding, what else is available?
你婚礼上除了屌丝还有啥
There goes your plus one.
还有你家那一位啊
All right, look, what I need is an assurance
听着,我需要你们保证
that it's safe for Neal to come out of the dark.
尼尔可以平安无事无需躲藏
The government is not going to make a move on either of you
警方在周五之前不会逮捕你们任何一个人
until Friday, and then hopefully never.
但愿永远都不会逮捕你们
They're still walking out of here with
他们不还是扣走了我们好多...
Agents Levy, Hutchinson, thank you very much.
莱维探员,哈奇森探员,辛苦你们了
Thank you. Thank you.
没事,没事
You're getting the fish and the fish is gonna suck!
到时候给你上鱼,上臭鱼
You're talking about your own wedding.
你可是在说你自己的婚礼哦
She's got a point. Where's Neal?
她说的没错,尼尔人呢
I don't know. Come on.
我不知道,快说吧
I don't know where he is. Good.
我真不知道他在哪,很好
You did something right. He's safe.
你这样就对了,他很安全
What?
什么
He's safe. That's all I know.
他很安全,我只知道这点
And don't ask me about it again, okay? Yeah.
别再问我尼尔的事了好吗,好的
Can I speak with you?
我能和你谈谈吗
I'm not sure I like the deal you just made.
我对你们刚刚达成的协议不太满意
I don't care. How do you know he's safe?
你不满意不关我事,你怎么知道他安全
It's a premonition.
纯属直觉
Did you fucking hell.
你难道...他妈的
Did you tell him where to go? No.
你告诉他躲去哪了,没有
Did you give him money? A bus ticket? No.
你给他钱给他车票了,没有
What happens Friday night?
周五晚上会怎么样
The investigators are gonna ask you and Neal
调查员将询问你和尼尔
to tell them everything you can without revealing the source.
你们得在不暴露线人的前提下回答所有问题
If they can connect the dots
如果他们无需知晓线人身份
without the identity of the source, great.
就能搞清楚事件全貌,那就好
If they can't?
要是他们不能呢
I don't know a district court judge who's ever let a reporter
我还从来没听说过有哪位法官
keep his source when national security was involved.
在涉及国家安全问题上,允许记者保密线人身份
And who decides if national security is involved?
那由谁来决定此事是否涉及国家安全
The judge. You see my problem?
法官,知道我为什么不满意了吧
The judge is the one who's supposed to decide,
本来就该由法官来判断决定(是否向苏联发射核弹的生杀大权交由他决定)
not Matthew Broderick in "War Games",
不是由《战争游戏》的马修·布鲁德里克
not Neal, and not me.
也不是由我和尼尔决定
That's a prosecutor talking. Yes, it is.
检察官才会这么说话,没错
And how are we supposed to be in DC Friday night?
我们这周五要怎么赶去华盛顿
We do the news here at 8:00.
我们八点还要在这做新闻
The meeting's at midnight.
协商会议午夜开始
All right, obviously we'll talk more before then.
好吧,显然在会议前我们还有很多事要谈
But for now just go drink home. Just go home.
现在我们去喝...回家吧,都回家吧
That stunt with the cameras, that wasn't cool.
对搜查进行拍摄播报这一招可不够君子
Neither am I.
我本来也不君子
All right.
好吧
We give them everything they want,
我们供出所有他们想要的信息
and in exchange we get to not go to jail?
以此换来我们免受牢狱之灾吗
We also get to run the story.
我们还要播报那条新闻
We get the guidance we need to run the story
我们按照规章指导播报此条新闻
without risking national security or anyone's life.
而不威胁国家安全及任何人性命
Good night.
晚安
I'm only going to ask you once.
我最后问你一次
Do you really know the identity of the source?
你真的知道线人的身份吗
Yes. That was stupid.
是的,那真是太傻了
That was something I would do.
我才会做这样的傻事
They're not gonna lock me up. I'm too big to jail.
我不会坐牢的,牢里装不下我这种大腕
Until about half an hour ago,
半小时之前
I thought they wouldn't raid a newsroom.
我都没想到他们会来突查新闻编辑室
They've got his hard drive now and if there's anything
他们扣下了他的硬盘,要是在那里面
on there that shows he's aided and abetted,
有任何他被人教唆的证据
then you and Neal are in two very different situations.
那你和尼尔最后的结果就相差甚远了
He used an airgapped computer, remember?
他用的是网闸电脑,不记得了吗
And where is he? I don't know.
他在哪,我不知道
Are you lying to me? No.
你是在骗我吗,没有
You know, since it's not possible
既然不可能让大家
for everyone to like you, I really think
都喜欢你,我真的觉得...
I wasn't trying to get the FBI to like me.
我从没想让联调局的人喜欢我
They just happen to be the only ones in the room
他们刚好是这间屋里
authorized to do what they're doing.
仅有的有权做事的人
Why do we have a loser table?
我们为什么要设屌丝专席
Your friends. All right.
你的朋友啊,好吧
Hi! I have here an EPA report that's been
早,我手头有一份环保署报告
Hi!
Hi! I have here an EPA report that's been embargoed.
早,我手头有一份环保署的秘密报告
How did you get it? It doesn't matter.
你怎么拿到的,这不重要
The Scripps Institution of Oceanography in San Diego
圣地亚哥的斯克里普斯海洋研究所
measured the levels of carbon dioxide
测量了位于夏威夷的莫纳罗亚火山
atop Mauna Loa, a volcano in Hawaii,
上方的二氧化碳浓度
and found that it's passed a longfeared milestone,
发现已经远远超过了长期警戒线
400 parts per million, which is a concentration
400PPM(百万分之一)这是
not seen on Earth in millions of years.
数百万年不见的浓度
Here's what happened.
情况是这样的
You started talking about CO2 levels
你开始说二氧化碳浓度的事情
and I started thinking about other things in my head.
我脑子里开始在想别的事情
CO2 is a gas.
二氧化碳是一种气体
The Scripps Institution of Oceanography,
由行业科学家组成的
which is made up of professional scientists,
斯克里普斯海洋研究所
measured the level of CO2 in the air and found
测量了空气中的二氧化碳浓度,发现
The Mets need speed. The Mets need power. The Mets need pitching.
大都会队需要速度,需要力量,需要投球
That's what I'm thinking about right now.
我现在想的是这些
Living things need oxygen to stay alive.
生物需要氧气才能生存
I want a hot dog right now. Look
我现在想吃热狗,听着
Have you come to me for help?
你是来找我帮忙的吗
Have I Come to me for help?
我,找我帮忙的吗
No. What can I do for you?
不是,要我帮你做什么
I'd like some advice.
我需要点建议
What's another word for advice?
建议的另一种说法是什么
Look You showed a lot of wisdom coming to me for help.
听着,你来找我帮忙是明智之举
I don't need help. Great.
我不需要帮忙,很好
I need help. Hit me.
我需要帮忙,说吧(打我)
Yeah, I think you know what I meant.
好,我想你没理解错
Yeah, I think I did.
对,肯定没错
This is an embargoed EPA report.
这是一份环保署的秘密报告
How'd you get it? Doesn't matter.
你怎么拿到的,不重要
The last time the levels
上一次浓度这么高
were this high was three million years ago.
还是三百万年前
We survived it then, right? No, there were no humans.
但我们活下来了对吧,那时候还没有人类
It wiped out all the humans?
是它导致了人类灭绝吗
There were no humans before, you moron.
那之前还没有人类呢,你个白痴
Talking like that is no way to get me to help you.
你这么说话,我可没法儿帮你
The last time the CO2 level was this high,
上次二氧化碳浓度这么高时
the climate was far warmer, the ice caps were smaller,
气候比现在暖和得多,冰盖更小
the sea levels 6080 feet higher.
海平面比现在高20到25米
Scientists believe that humanity
科学家认为人类活动
is precipitating a return to those conditions, only this time
正在使地球重回那种状态,只是这一次
Billions of people are in harm's way. Yes.
几十亿人身处危急,对
I would take any one of the three speed, power, or pitching.
我会选择速度,力量,或者投球其中之一
And this is my problem.
我的问题是
That environmental stories aren't exciting? Right.
环境新闻都不激动人心,没错
I've been doing a dramatic rendering of that problem.
我一直在生动演绎这个问题
This report says the world is coming to an end.
这份报告说世界正在走向灭亡
I am preparing an interview for Will to conduct on Friday
我在为威尔周五采访
with the the Deputy Assistant Administrator of the EPA.
环保署副助理主管做准备
On Friday when everybody watches the news.
周五,好像大家都会看新闻似的
Mac's put it in the B block.
麦肯会放在第二段
When I asked her what story
我问她在她看来
she felt was going to trump the end of the world,
什么报道才能比世界末日更吸引人时
she said, "I don't know, but I'm sure something will come up."
她说"不知道,但我敢肯定总会有的"
So you want this to feel more like a Jim Harper segment
所以你想让这篇报道更有吉姆·哈珀版块的感觉
and less like a Maggie Jordan segment?
而不是玛姬·乔丹版块的感觉是吗
Just say yes.
说没错
Yes. Have you marked this up?
没错,你标出重点了吗
Yeah.
标了
There's nothing unimportant in there.
每句话都很重要
Then what was the point of highlighting it?
那你为什么要标记出来
To amplify its importance.
增强重要性
And how much time do we have
我们有多长时间
to tell our audience about the end of the world?
向我们的观众介绍世界末日的情况
Four minutes and 10 seconds. Who's the interview with?
4分10秒,要采访谁
The Deputy Assistant Administrator of the EPA.
环保署副助理主管
We can't get the head of the EPA?
我们请不到环保署主管吗
There is no head of the EPA.
环保署没有主管
Tell me when you're done reading the report
你读完报告跟我说
so I can explain it to you. I'll be able to understand it.
我好跟你解释一下,我自己能读懂
Without Neal here to help? I know how to use a dictionary.
没有尼尔帮你也能吗,我知道字典怎么用
Without Neal here to show you?
没有尼尔教你也行吗
Looking forward to working with you.
非常期待与你合作
I'm dreading it. Have a good day.
我担心死了,祝你过得愉快
How'd you get the report?
你怎么拿到这份报告的
Ahem, CO2 means two parts of oxygen for every one part of carbon.
二氧化碳的意思是每个碳原子与两个氧原子相连
I know that. Wait yeah, I know that.
我知道,等等,对,这我知道
Yeah, I'll let him know. Thanks.
对,我会告诉他的,谢谢
Reese and Mrs. Lansing are on their way down to see you.
里斯和兰辛女士要来见你
They're coming down here? Yeah.
他们要来这里吗,对
You sure they didn't want me to come up there?
你确定他们没让我过去吗
No, they're on their way.
没有,他们在过来
Everyone knows something's going on.
大家都知道出了状况
We just don't know what.
只是不知道具体是什么
Yeah, I know.
是啊,我知道
Just show them in when they get here.
他们到了直接带进来
They're here.
他们到了
Thank you.
谢谢
Leona, I didn't know you knew where my office was.
莉安娜,你居然知道我的办公室在哪
I followed Reese.
里斯带的路
I'm assuming you didn't come down to tell me
我猜你不是来告诉我
you found $4 billion in the glove compartment.
你在副驾驶储物箱里发现了40亿美元吧
Well, I tried.
我还真找过
The glove compartment may be the only place I haven't looked.
储物箱可能是我唯一还没找的地方了
Where do you look for that kind of money, just out of curiosity?
我想问问你要上哪儿找那么多钱
We offered shares to a special investor
我们让一位特殊投资人
to buy up a portion of the company
收购一定比例的公司股份
and dilute the ownership stake of the twins,
稀释了双胞胎的股权比例
but we hit a roadblock with the board.
但是我们在董事会碰到了麻烦
We thought about changing the bylaws,
我们打算改变公司章程
but the lawyer said it wouldn't hold.
但律师说那样没用
We tried banks and hedge funds,
我们尝试向银行和对冲基金求助
but they know we're already too leveraged.
但他们知道我们的负债率已经很高了
I have a $58 million Jackson Pollock,
我有一幅价值5800万美元的杰克逊·波洛克的画
$140 million yacht.
一亿四千万美元的游艇
It's not nearly enough collateral.
远远不够做担保
Boy, listen closely, you can almost hear someone singing
听好,你几乎都能听见有人唱
"Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?"
兄弟,能给我一毛钱吗
Yeah, I know. I had a perfectly good idea.
是,我知道,我有个好主意
No, you didn't. What was it?
不,你没有,什么主意
Poison them. Poison my halfbrother and sister.
毒死他们,毒死我同父异母的弟弟妹妹
Just go Shakespeare on their ass.
上演莎士比亚的情节
I know people, you know people. I don't know people.
我认识人,你也认识人,我不认识
All right, well, there's no such thing as a bad idea.
好吧,没有烂主意这说法哦
Yes, there is such a thing as a bad idea.
有,有烂主意这个说法
Horizontal stripes. That.
横纹衫和你那个主意都是
I think I know what's coming.
我猜到你们要干什么了
Charlie. Yeah?
查理,嗯
Randy and Blair, but especially Blair, and mostly Blair,
兰迪和布莱尔,尤其布莱尔,主要是布莱尔
have to be stopped from selling their shares to Savannah.
必须阻止他们把股份卖给萨凡纳
The only way to raise the money before they
唯一能及时筹钱的法子
is to spin off ACN.
就是分拆ACN
Yeah.
The buyer is a man named Lucas Pruit. He's 43 and lives
买家名叫卢卡斯·普鲁特, 43岁,住在
In Palo Alto. No wife, no kids.
帕洛阿尔托,没有妻儿
Stanford '92. Harvard MBA.
斯坦福92届学生,哈佛工商管理硕士
Goldman for five years as a tech analyst,
在高盛做了五年技术分析师
then he left to start his own company.
然后离职创办了自己的公司
Yeah, I don't know what they do.
嗯,我不知道他们做什么
They made a WiFi accelerator.
他们制造了WiFi提速器
He's the 1,398th richest person in the world.
他是世界上排名第1398的富翁
Can I ask some questions?
我能问个问题吗
Did they try to dilute the twins' ownership stake? Yes.
他们想稀释双胞胎的所有权股本,是
Changing the bylaws? Lawyer said no.
改变章程,律师说不
Offering longterm contracts and platinum
提供长期合同和巨额销售量
They tried everything.
他们想尽了办法
What about selling another division? Why us?
卖别的部门不行吗,为什么选我们
Tax consequences. We were the right price.
缴税问题,我们身价刚好
And... It's a trophy sale.
以及,这笔生意名声好
Yeah. Owning a news network's
对,拥有新闻网
cooler than owning a location detection software company.
比拥有定位软件公司酷多了
Would you coven of kneejerk, lefty bigots
你能控制下本等反应
not condemn the man until after he's said hello?
等他打完招呼再谴责他吗
I know he's committed the unpardonable crime
我知道他犯下了
of making a lot of money,
挣钱太多的重罪
but perhaps in spite of his talent, hard work,
可也许他除了有才华,努力
and enormous accomplishments, he's still a decent guy.
成就颇丰外,还很正派
Yeah, whose ideas are worth listening to.
嗯,是值得听取意见的人
Yeah. Wait, what?
嗯,等下,什么
He has ideas? Yeah.
他有主意,对
So here's what I need us to do.
所以我打算这么做
What you need us to do or what the Lansings need us to do?
你的打算还是兰辛母子的打算
At this moment, what the Lansings want is what I want.
现在,我和兰辛母子一条心
They spent the last year doing nothing but standing by us
他们去年除了支持我们没干别的
when it made a lot more sense to not. Not to. Not to stand by
虽然更应该不,不,不支持
to not stand by
支不持
I'm saying it would have made more sense...
我是说不管我们
Find your way home.
放轻松
...to dump us. I agree.
更讲得通,同意
And since the alternative to selling ACN to Pruit
既然把ACN卖给普鲁特
is ACN being dissolved by Savannah Capital,
能避免让萨凡纳资本解体ACN
we're gonna love his ideas. Sure.
我们就要喜欢他的主意,当然
Saturday night at the Correspondents' Dinner.
周六晚上,白宫记者晚宴
We're not going to the Correspondents' Dinner.
我们不参加白宫记者晚宴
We are now. I can't.
现在我们得去,我不能去
The Justice Department is Friday night
司法部是周五晚上
and the Correspondents' Dinner is Saturday.
白宫记者晚宴是周六
We can't go because last year
我们去不了是因为去年
he railed against the Correspondents' Dinner
他责骂了白宫记者晚宴
and said we'd no longer be going.
还说我们再也不去了
Where? To the Correspondents' Dinner.
哪儿,白宫记者晚宴
Where did you rail against it? On TV.
你在哪儿骂的,在电视上
What network? This one. My show.
哪个电视台,这个,我的节目
I think I remember now.
我想我记起来了
"ACN won't be attending
ACN不会出席
the Saturnalia of incestuous ingratiation"...
乱伦狂欢的酒神节
Oh, brother. ..."that does little to instill confidence
大哥啊,这个活动努力想令大众相信
in the public that the press isn't ensorcelled by the powerful."
媒体并未被权力所迷惑,但收效甚微
I think I was trying to quit smoking that week.
我想那周我正试着戒烟
Well, don't do that again,
别再那么干了
'cause that was some huckleberrybad writing.
写得太烂了
What do you want us to do? Go anyway.
你想要我们怎么做,怎样都得去
Yeah, you got to eat it.
对,你得自食苦果
Hope nobody remembers your onair
希望没人记得你直播的那场
bacchanal of boisterous buffoonery
聒噪打诨的酒神节
'cause Pruit wants to meet you.
因为普鲁特想见你
And Leona says he wants to be charmed.
莉安娜说他要被惊艳到
What do I do? Be the charming one.
我做什么,你负责惊艳
And what do you do? Clean up when she goes berserk.
你做什么,她发飙时候负责善后
I do not go berserk,
我才不发飙
you addleminded bit of American tripe.
你个昏聩的美国佬
This is a sad day for dignity.
那天要体面可不容易
I'll need a dress.
我需要件礼服
This is the part I keep tripping on.
这部分我总看不懂
What's that? I'm still looking at your contract.
什么,我还在看你的合同
45K. 45 large, my young friend.
四万五,年轻人
45 Grover Clevelands.
45张格罗弗·克利夫兰
Grover Cleveland's on the $1,000 bill?
千元钞上有格罗弗·克利夫兰吗
Back when we printed them.
过去印过
They're not in circulation anymore, but imagine 45 of them.
已经不流通了,但想象一下有45张
That'll give you a sense of my annual salary beginning Monday.
你就知道我从周一起要拿的年薪有多少了
It's not Jim Harper money, but it'll pay the rent.
虽然没有吉姆·哈珀拿得多,但够付房租了
As long as I don't pay any other bills.
只要我不再付其他账单
It's more than 45 with the incentives.
算上奖金有四万五千多
I know, but I'm not counting my chickens.
我知道,但我不会蛋未孵前先数鸡
Do you feel like Just my Clevelands.
你觉得,只数克利夫兰
Okay.
好吧
What were you gonna say? Nothing.
你想说什么,没什么
What? The incentives.
什么,奖金
James, they're not incentives, they're bonuses.
吉姆,那不是奖金,是津贴
For page views. Yeah.
访问量的津贴,是的
The more page views you get, the more money you're paid.
你的浏览量越大,得到的钱越多
Welcome to capitalism. We're happy to have you.
资本主义社会热情欢迎你的加入
They're bonuses, they're not incentives.
那是津贴,不是奖金
Hallie, look. What?
哈莉,听着,什么
If you're okay with it, be okay with it. I am.
如果你觉得没事就没事,我没事啊
If you were, then you wouldn't need to call it something else.
如果你真的没事,那你也不会给它起个名字
It says bonuses right there.
那上面就写着奖励
I'm not the one calling it something else.
又不是我起的名字
If you're writing about a Cabinet Secretary
如果你要写一则关于内阁部长
who testified in front of the House Oversight Committee,
在众议院监督委员会前作证的报道的话
are you more likely to write about the content of the testimony
你会更偏向于写证词的内容
or "Cabinet Secretary Blasts Darrell Issa"?
还是说《内阁部长炮轰达雷尔·伊萨》
Your hero is Will McAvoy, right?
你的偶像是威尔·麦卡沃伊吧
He's getting there. Your hero is Ed Murrow, right?
他还差一丁点,你的偶像是爱德华·莫罗吧
Yeah. Will is paid millions of dollars a year
没错,威尔一年挣几百万
and Murrow was paid the equivalent of millions of dollars a year
莫罗一年也有几百万的收入
for the same reason
他们赚钱的理由跟
anyone in the private sector is paid anything
私营企业的人挣钱的理由一样
their ability to make money for other people.
那就是他们为他人敛财的能力
Will doesn't get paid per view or per story.
威尔不是按报道或评论的点击量收钱的
That's either heartstopping naiveté or denial.
你要么是很傻很天真,要么拒绝认清现实
Our rundown meetings don't include
咱们的台本讨论会可不包含
a discussion of what's grabby.
争论什么才是贪婪
And after a week of covering Boston,
报道了一礼拜波士顿的事后
you're now in fourth place.
你现在都排第四了
And Charlie makes sure we don't care. That's my point.
我的意思是查理确保了咱们不去理会这些
I understand how market forces work in the news,
我理解市场力量在新闻中的作用
but journalists have always
但是新闻记者一直
been the people pushing back against them.
是在与其作斗争
And now you're being incentivized to
现在你的动机...
My incentives are no different
我的动机和
than a reporter at "The New York Times."
《纽约时报》的记者的动机无异
If those reporters were
要是那些记者
being paid per person reading their story,
按照他们新闻的浏览量收钱的话
the front page of the "Times" would look a lot different.
《时报》的首页估计会大不一样
And because it doesn't look a lot different,
就因为没有怎么不一样
there are a lot fewer people reading their stories.
他们的读者才会越来越少
Who, Hallie, gives a genuine shit
哈莉,如果报道的新闻是炒作
how many people are reading a story if the story is hyped?
谁还在乎有多少人来看
Someone who gets paid per page view.
只有那些凭浏览量收钱的人
Your confidence in my integrity
你对我人格的信心
moves me in ways I don't even know what to do.
让我感动得手足无措
Don't take this job.
不要接这个工作
This is an exciting startup founded by people
这是个令人激动的新兴公司,由那些...
Who are selfserving tools.
自私的混蛋们创建起来的
That's exactly what they say about you.
他们也是这么形容你的
And you don't think that has
你不觉得这跟
something to do with why they want to hire you?
他们会雇用你有点关系吗
Hmm? Someone who just got fired from ACN
你可刚因为在推特上发了个刻薄的笑话
for tweeting a snarky joke?
而被ACN解雇
I think my talent has
我觉得他们会雇佣我
something to do with why they want to hire me.
跟我自己本身的才能有关系
Of course your talent is why they want to hire you,
你的才能当然是他们雇佣你的原因
but are you the only talented person that they interviewed?
但难道你是他们面试过唯一有才能的人吗
I'm the most talented person that they interviewed.
我是他们面试过的最有才能的人
I believe that. You believe they want to hire me
我相信你,你相信他们会雇我
because I have an ax to grind with ACN,
是因为我跟ACN之间有恩怨
which, for the 100th time, I do not.
但我已经说了一百遍了,我没有
You know a lot of things, Hallie, because of me.
哈莉,因为我的关系你知道很多内情
You know a lot about Genoa.
你知道"热那亚"的很多事
You know a lot about private behavior in the newsroom.
你知道新闻编辑室的很多私人行为
Look And you know some things about Neal.
听着,你也知道尼尔的一些事
Not everything, but you know some things.
虽然不是全知道,但你知道一些
And it's really dangerous.
这真的很危险
You think I'd tell secrets?
你觉得我会把秘密泄露出去吗
Things you've told me in this room?
你跟我在这个房间里说过的那些
What's your bonus again?
你的奖金是什么来着
Holy shit. I was kidding.
我的天,我开玩笑的
The only way for you to get out of this conversation alive
你要是想活着结束这次谈话
is to roll over, turn off the light, and go to sleep.
就把灯关了翻个身睡觉
I was kidding. Do what I said.
我是开玩笑的,照我说的做
We're not supposed to go to bed mad.
我们不能带着怒气睡觉
Honey, it would take a Bradley Fighting Vehicle
亲爱的,你得开着布莱德里战车才能
to move me to mad from my current level of furious.
让我从现在的怒火降低到怒气的级别上
So turn off the fucking light, go to sleep,
所以把那该死的灯关上
and we'll try this again tomorrow.
咱们明天再讨论这事
Okay.
好吧
Don't go to sleep. We're gonna talk about this.
别睡,咱们来好好谈谈
Okay.
好的
They should be here any second.
他们应该马上就到了
You're the first person I've ever met named Wyatt.
我第一次碰到取名叫怀亚特的人
It's a family name.
那是我的姓氏
How'd you like to have Earp as a last name?
你有没有考虑过用厄普当姓
That had to be tough on the playground, hmm?
估计会让你显得特别有范儿,是吧
Maybe that's how he got so tough.
说不定这就是他这么有范儿的原因啊
Am I making you nervous?
我是不是让你很紧张
No.
没有啊
Sometimes people get nervous around HR.
有些人在人力资源部的人面前特别紧张
I don't get nervous. You know who gets nervous?
我才不紧张呢,你知道谁会紧张吗
Criminals.
罪犯
Come on in.
进来吧
Gary Cooper, Alex Thacker, this is Wyatt Geary
格雷·库珀,亚历克斯·查克,这位是怀亚特·吉里
and he is the new VP of Human Resources for AWM.
他是AWM人力资源的新副总裁
Please have a seat. There are no chairs left.
请坐,没空椅子了
Alex, HR received a complaint from you.
亚历克斯,人力资源部接到你的投诉
That's right.
没错
And it was kicked down the chain from Charlie to Mac to me.
这事被踢给查理再到麦肯最后给我
So why don't you tell us what happened?
你来说说到底发生了什么吧
It's in the report I wrote that's in front of you.
你面前我写的报告里就有
Yes, I want them to tell me in their own words.
我知道,我希望他们能亲口告诉我
Don, it's really nothing. I have no doubt.
唐,其实没什么,我也觉得
It's not nothing. Okay.
不是没什么,好吧
You asked for 20 seconds of copy for Elliot
你要求给埃利奥特一份20秒的有关
on Justin Bieber visiting Anne Frank's house.
贾斯汀·比伯拜访安妮·弗兰克的房子的报道
Why, you know, in the world would I do that?
我什么要干这种事
Because Bieber signed the guestbook on his way out
因为比伯在来访记录本上签名
and wrote "Hopefully she would have been a Belieber."
还写道"希望她是个比伯粉"
And then you and Elliot got drunk and
然后你和埃利奥喝醉了
you told him you'd give him $100
你告诉他要是他能
if he could read the story off the prompter without laughing.
一本正经地把报道读出来,你就给他100块
Once again, this is the new HR rep for our parent company.
再说一遍,这是咱们总公司的人力资源代表
The copy should have been assigned to me,
那份稿件应该让我写
but Gary assigned it to Stacey.
但是格雷把它给了史黛丝
Once I give it to Gary, Gary gets to make that call.
我把任务交给给格雷,这事就他说了算了
Based on merit, not based on who
这应该基于个人能力,而不是基于
he prefers to sleep with at any particular moment.
他那时候喜欢跟谁上床
I'm not sleeping and I've never slept with Stacey.
我没睡觉,而且我从没睡过史黛丝
That may or may not be, but probably is a lie.
谁知道是真是假,说不定是假的
What we know for sure is Gary flirted with me,
但可以确定的是格雷跟我调情
hit on me, took me out five times, slept with me twice,
挑逗我,跟我约会了五次,睡了两次
and then dumped me in a pile with
然后就把我丢到了
the rest of the staffers he's used for his pleasure.
他之前寻欢的那堆员工中
I can't emphasize this enough this is the new HR rep.
我不能说的更清楚了,这是新人资代表
And I'm fine with all of that.
但这些我都接受
So we're cool. No.
这么说没事了,不
What I am not fine with is
我不能接受的是
being passed over for an assignment at work
他因为我个人生活中的糟糕选择
because I exercised poor judgment in my personal life.
而不给我本来该我做的工作
I gave it to her because she's better at this kind of thing.
我给她是因为她更擅长这种新闻
What kind of thing?
哪种新闻
The intersection of pop culture and the Holocaust.
流行文化和大屠杀的交叉新闻
That might sound crazy. It did.
这可能听起来很疯狂,确实
Look, I've gone out with several of the women in this building.
我跟这栋建筑中的很多女性都约会过
Maybe you don't understand what HR does.
或许你不知道人资是干什么的
You're saying Stacey is a better writer than I am?
你是说史黛丝在撰稿方面比我更好
She's a different writer than you. Different?
她是个不同的撰稿人,不同的
Like I'm tired of this one, so I'll try a different one?
就好像我对这个烦了,就换个不同的
I told Gary to give it to Stacey, all right?
是我让格雷给史黛丝的,好吗
He is covering for me.
他这是在替我打掩护
I told him to give it to her
我让他把新闻交给她
because she is a better writer than you are.
是因为她在撰稿方面比你更好
Well, what am I supposed to do?
那我应该怎么做
Write better.
下次写好些
That's it. Thank you both.
就这样吧,谢谢你们
Thank you.
谢谢
All right. Close the books on that one.
好了,算是把这事解决了
Fraternization between superiors and subordinates
上级和下级之间的深交
exposes the company to all kinds of problems,
会让公司面对各种问题
including the one you just saw.
包括你刚才见到的这个
And we don't tolerate it.
所以我们不允许啊
You're the EP of the 10:00 hour. I am.
你是十点档新闻的制片人,对
Which is sometimes anchored by Sloan Sabbith. Yes.
斯隆·莎碧斯有时候会主持,对
So if you and Sloan Sabbith were in a relationship,
所以如果你和斯隆·莎碧斯在谈恋爱
there's a chance we'd have
说不定我们就要
to move one of you to a different bureau.
把你们中的一个调到别的部门了
DC or LA. Yeah, but we're not.
华盛顿或洛杉矶,对,但我们没有
Are you sure about that? Am I sure?
你确定吗,我确定吗
Yes. Yes.
对,确定
Because then lying about it would make it worse.
因为撒谎的结果只能更糟
I can see that.
我明白
My predecessor was pretty relaxed about this kind of thing.
我的前任对这种事太过放松
And we're already in a
而且因为威尔
tricky spot with Will McAvoy marrying his EP.
和他的制片人结婚,我们就很尴尬了
But no one's gonna mess with Will,
但是没人会去管威尔
so I guess my point is if you're going to date a subordinate,
所以我的意思是如果你要和下级约会
you better have stronger ratings.
你的收视率最好高一点
I don't see our ratings going up any time soon,
我们的收视率最近是不会上升了
so I guess I'll just keep the company directory in the drawer.
所以我还是把公司目录放抽屉里吧
Okay. Okay.
对的,好的
Can you tell me how to get to Sloan Sabbith's office?
能告诉我怎么去斯隆·莎碧斯的办公室吗
Back to the elevators and it's on 22.
走电梯, 22楼
Thank you.
谢谢
Welcome to the company.
欢迎来到公司
We're not dating.
我们没有在约会
Okay.
"What forms of alternative energy are real options "
什么样的能源是替代煤和汽油的
to replace coal and gasoline, and why are they taking so long
最佳选择,为什么这么长时间
to assume sizable parts of the marketplace?"
都没有取得可观的市场份额"
Great question. Yeah, you wrote it.
好问题,对,是你写的
I thought the idea was to figure out a way
我以为我们本来要找到一个方法
to capture people's attention with the report
让人们对这份报告
and the interview with the head of the EPA.
和对环保署负责人的访谈感兴趣
You said he was the Deputy Assistant Administrator of the EPA.
你说他是环保署的副助理主管
So let's be sure we identify him, you know, right.
所以我们要确定认对人
Yeah, but I think that's the least of our problems.
行,但我觉得这是最次要的问题
No, it's not. It's just the first of our problems.
不,这是我们第一个要考虑的
And I'm saying the guy has
我是说这个人
a job and a title and can we not hype it up?
有工作和职位,我们能不能别夸大宣传
I have confidence in the graphic, but where I need your help
我相信图像的本事,但我需要你帮忙
is in hyping it up.
来夸大宣传
The air has a very dangerous level of poison gas in it.
空气中有种很危险的毒气
Why do we have to write Will questions like it's a sex test
为什么我们要把威尔的问题写成性测试
in "Sex," You know, "Magazine" or something?
就像在"性爱杂志"或者别的那种
"Sex Magazine"? Yeah, I couldn't think of a real
"性爱杂志" ,对,我想不起来
We've switched sides.
我们已经换边站了
Yesterday you told me I was boring you.
昨天你说你觉得我这条新闻无聊
I was wrong.
我错了
"China's demand for coal is increasing "
随着中国城镇化和工业化的进程
as it continues to urbanize and industrialize,
中国对煤矿的需求会不断增长
but so has its demand for solar power and wind energy."
包括其对太阳能和风能的需求也会增长"
That isn't even a question. No, look.
这都不算个问题,不,你看
"Your thoughts?"
"你的想法是"
I want to hear his thoughts.
我想听听他的想法
I came over and told you about the EPA report
我来是告诉你关于这个环保署的报告
and the interview Friday with Richard Westbrook. Yeah.
还有周五和理查德·维斯布鲁克的访谈,对
You told me I was boring you.
你跟我说你觉得无聊
I asked for help. You gloated.
我来找你帮忙,你还幸灾乐祸
And then what?
然后呢
Did you know there are online news outlets
你知道有网上的新闻机构
that offer bonuses to their reporters for page views?
会按照页面访问量给记者奖金吗
Yes. I didn't know that.
知道,我都不知道
That's because you live in the time of King Arthur
那是因为你和唐,威尔,查理
along with Don, Will, and Charlie.
都活在亚瑟王时代
I don't live in the time of King Arthur.
我才没有活在亚瑟王时代
You live in the time of King Arthur.
你明明就是
You don't see an immediate danger
你没有发现掏钱看
in offering cash for trash on a news site?
网站中的垃圾的紧迫危险吗
I understand.
我明白了
Thank you.
谢谢
You were a dick to Hallie.
你对哈莉犯浑了
No, I wasn't. Tiny bit dicky?
我没有,犯了一点点浑
What am I supposed to say when she comes home
当她拿着一个叫"肉食动物"网站
with a contract for a job
和她签订的工作合同回家时
at a new website called "Carnivore"?
我应该怎么做
"Congratulations."
"祝贺你"
I said congratulations. I supported her ass off.
我说了啊,我完全支持她
And then? I saw the contract.
然后呢,我看见了合同
And you were a dick. I wasn't.
然后你就变成混蛋了,我没有
A little bit Dickensian in your special way
用你特殊的略带狄更斯味道的话
that says, "I love you, but you suck."
说道, "我爱你,但你太差劲了"
She got fired. She was humiliated.
她被炒了,被羞辱了
And I'm sure you were there for her,
我知道你一直支持她
but I'm also 100% certain
不过我也百分百确定
there was something in your voice that said, "You deserved it."
你的腔调听着像在说, "你活该"
Ahem, I don't want what I'm about to say
我希望你不要以为我接下来要说的话
to be misconstrued as agreeing with you,
是在同意你的观点
but I'll try to be conscious of that and do better.
不过我会记住这点,努力做得更好
Good.
很好
Who are you bringing to the Correspondents' Dinner?
你带谁去记者晚宴
I met a really nice guy on the train back from Boston.
从波士顿回来的火车上我遇到一个很好的人
Guess what he teaches at Fordham Law School.
猜猜他在福特汉姆法学院教什么
What? Ethics.
什么,伦理学
Leave it to you to find the only person in the world
只有你才能找到全世界唯一那个
who can make money being ethical.
靠伦理挣钱的人
I know.
我知道
How did you get the EPA report and the exclusive interview?
你怎么得到环保署报告和独家专访的
This was really the best place to meet?
真的只能在这见面吗
Yeah. Were you followed? No.
对,你被跟踪了吗,没有
You were followed. By who?
你被跟踪了,是谁
Me, just to show you that I can.
我,就想让你知道我能
Just stand up a second.
站起来一下
You asked for the meeting.
是你要见面的
Please.
请站起来
We've known each other since we were too young to rent a car.
我们小时候,还不能租车时就认识了
That's the only reason I'm here.
所以我才会来这
If anyone knew I was,
如果有人知道了
I'd be asked to hand over my badge and my gun
我就得上交证件和佩枪
and I would never in my life be able to get a job
我这辈子也再得不到
that required trustworthiness.
需要可信度的工作
Can you think of a job that doesn't?
你能想出不需要可信度的工作吗
No. So there we are.
不能,所以我们在这见面
We found some compelling evidence on Neal's hard drive
我们在尼尔的硬盘上找到了有力证据
that he helped his source transfer the docs from the SIPRNet.
证明他帮助线人从密协路由网传输文件
How compelling?
多有力
If you're able to contact him
如果你能联系上他
I don't know if you are
我不知道你能不能做到
but if someone is able to contact him,
如果有人能联系上他
they should tell him to come in.
应该劝他来自首
He needs a lawyer and he needs to cooperate.
他需要律师,需要合作
To commit the crime you're suggesting,
要承认你所说的罪行
Neal would have had to have had knowledge he was committing a crime,
尼尔需要知道他当时是在犯罪
knowledge he couldn't possibly have had
可线人联系他时
when the source contacted him.
他根本不知道
A reporter you'd be willing to work with
一个你愿意与之共事的记者
can't tell the difference between a credible source and a fugazi?
分不清可靠线人和假消息吗
Yes, I'd be willing to work with Dan Rather and CBS News.
我们也会和CBS新闻的丹·拉瑟合作
We don't want Neal.
我们不想抓尼尔
We want we have to have his source.
我们想,我们必须知道他的线人
This is a bad guy.
他是个坏家伙
And what are you gonna do to Neal to get his name?
你们要怎么让尼尔说出名字来
We're not gonna throw a bag over his head.
我们不会对他严刑逼供的
But you are gonna threaten
不过你们会用
him with conspiracy to commit espionage.
间谍罪共犯来威胁他
It's not gonna be an idle threat.
这种威胁并非空穴来风
Our experts were very impressed
我们的审问专家经验丰富
with his technical sophistication.
技巧娴熟
You can bring him in
你可以带他自首
or we can kick his door down.
或者我们踢破他的门
Okay.
好吧
You know you just revealed to me
明不明白你刚告诉我
that you knew he helped with the document transfer.
你知道他帮助了传输文件
Yeah.
是啊
Trust.
信任
Thanks for meeting me so late.
谢谢这么晚来见我
What's going on?
出什么事了
I want to ask you something and I want you to tell me the truth,
我要问你们点事,你们要实话实说
but I don't want you to tell me any more than you're asked.
不过我没问的不要答
All right.
没问题
Is anyone in touch with Neal?
你们有人联系过尼尔吗
Through an uncle who talks to his cousin? Anything?
通过远房亲戚之类的
Yes, somebody's in touch with Neal.
是的,有人和尼尔有联系
Get a message to him to come in.
给他传个信,让他来自首
Friday night in DC at Main Justice.
周五华盛顿司法部总部
He'll have immunity at the meeting.
会上他有豁免权
What about after the meeting?
会后呢
No reporter's ever been charged under the Espionage Act.
从未有记者因违《反间谍法》被起诉
All right.
知道了
Okay.
好了
Anzar Tsarnaev, the father of...
安扎尔,察尔纳耶夫,作为凶手的父亲...
Stand by, G7 and 7A. Standing.
准备,G7和7A ,准备中
will be traveling from Russia to the US this week.
本周将从俄罗斯来到美国
Meanwhile, Jahar remains hospitalized
同时,焦哈尔仍在住院
and no date yet has been set for his arraignment. Go 7.
传讯时间依然未定,进七号带
Today the federal government released a startling finding
今天联邦政府公布了一项令人震惊的发现
on the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
事关大气中二氧化碳含量
We'll have EPA Deputy Assistant Administrator Richard...
我们会采访环保署的副助理主管理查德
Ready SOT4. Ready.
四号新闻带预备,预备好
But first, ACN's Maggie jordan
不过首先,ACN的玛姬·乔丹
filed this report. Go SOT4.
带来以下报道,进四号新闻带
A grave warning today from scientists
从美国国家大气和海洋管理局
at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
今天科学家带来了一则严正警告
The world has passed a longfeared milestone.
二氧化碳浓度严重超标
Mr. Westbrook? Yeah.
威斯布鲁克先生,是我
I'll take you to the studio now.
我带你进直播间
Okay.
好的
reaching a concentration not seen on the Earth
二氧化碳在地球大气中的浓度
for millions of years.
为几百万年未见
Scientists took this reading...
科学家认为这个浓度
Will, we're running light.
威尔,我们时间不够了
Can you tease the interview out another 40 seconds? Yeah.
你能把采访缩短四十秒吗,知道
30 seconds.
三十秒倒数
How are you? I'm Will. Nice to meet you.
你好吗,我是威尔,很高兴见到你
So there won't be any hard questions.
不会有很难的问题
I'm just gonna ask you to expand on the report.
只是让你详细解释一下报告
Pretend you're an expert witness and I'm your lawyer.
就像你是专家证人,我是你的律师
Sounds good. In 10.
没问题,十秒倒数
Here we go. Stand by, camera one.
准备开始,一号机准备
the 450 parts per million will soon be crossed.
很快会超过百万分之450
The question remains, how will we respond?
问题在于,我们该如何应对
And joining us now in studio is Richard Westbrook,
现加入我们的是环保署的副助理主管
Deputy Assistant Administrator of the EPA.
理查德·维斯布鲁克先生
Welcome. Thank you.
欢迎你,谢谢
Mr. Westbrook, you've spent most of your professional career
维斯布鲁克先生,你大部分的职业生涯
as a climate scientist in the public sector.
都是一名为公共事业服务的气象学家
Yes, 10 years as a supervisory management analyst
是的,我在环境信息办公室
in the Office of Environmental Information.
担任监督管理分析师已有十年
And before that, I was a program specialist
而在此之前,我曾是环保署
in the EPA's Resource Management Division.
资源管理部门的一位项目专家
And you have a PhD in climate science from Stanford.
而且你还有斯坦福大学的气候学博士学位
Yes, and another in chemistry with a masters in biology.
是的,以及化学博士学位和生物学硕士学位
Okay. Tell us about the
好的,和我们说说
findings in the report that was just released.
这份刚公布报告里的发现
The latest measurements taken at Mauna Loa in Hawaii
最近在夏威夷莫纳罗亚山的测量数据
indicate a CO2 level of 400 parts per million.
指出二氧化碳浓度为百万分之400
Just so we know what we're talking about,
我们说的明白一点
if you were a doctor and we were the patient,
假如你是医生,而我们是病患
what's your prognosis? 1,000 years? 2,000 years?
你预测还有多久,一千年吗,还是两千年
A person has already been born who will die
现在活着的人正面临
due to catastrophic failure of the planet.
地球灾害的死亡威胁
What did he just say?
他刚才说了什么
Okay, can you expand on that?
能详细解说一下吗
Sure.
没问题
The last time there was this much CO2 in the air,
在上次空气中二氧化碳浓度达到这么高时
the oceans were 80 feet higher than they are now.
海平面比现如今高出了24米
Two things you should know half the world's population
你需要了解两件事,世界上一半人口
lives within 120 miles of an ocean.
居住在离海岸线120英里范围内
And the other? Humans can't breathe under water.
另外一件呢,人是无法在水下呼吸的
You're saying the situation's dire?
你是说情况已经非常危急了对吗
Not exactly.
并不全是
Your house is burning to the ground, the situation's dire.
如果房子正在着火,说明情况危急
Your house has already
但如果你的房子已经
burned to the ground, the situation's over.
被烧成了灰,那么一切就结束了
So what can we do to reverse this?
那我们该怎么去扭转这个局面
There's a lot we could do. Good.
我们可以做很多事情,那就好
If it were 20 years ago or even 10 years ago.
但只限于二十年年前甚至十年前
But now... no.
现在为时已晚
Can you make an analogy that might help us understand?
你能打个比方来帮我们理解一下这话吗
Sure. It's as if you're sitting in your car
好的,就像是你坐在车内
in your garage with the engine running and the door closed
而车被关在车库,车引擎还在运转
and you've slipped into unconsciousness.
接着你会渐渐陷入昏迷
And that that's it.
接着,就没有然后了
What if someone comes and opens the door?
要是能有人过来打开车库门呢
You're already dead. What if the person got there in time?
但你已经死了,若对方能及时赶到呢
You'd be saved. Okay.
那就得救了,好吧
So now what's the CO2 equivalent of the getting there on time?
那如何用这个比喻来说明二氧化碳的问题呢
Shutting off the car 20 years ago.
在二十年前关掉引擎
You sound like you're saying it's hopeless.
你的意思是已经没救了吗
Yeah.
是的
Is that the administration's position or yours?
这是环保署官方结论还是你个人看法
There isn't a position on this any more than
这已经不是哪方面的看法了
there's a position on the temperature at which water boils.
就跟水的沸点一样是不争的事实
The administration let me try to your administration...
那么环保署,或者说你所在的机构
And don't forget I need you to stretch 40.
别忘了我们要拖延出40秒
...clean coal, nuclear power,
清洁燃煤,核能
raising fuel economy standards
提高了燃料经济标准
and building a more efficient electrical grid.
创造了一个更高效的输电网络
Yes. And?
是的,还有吗
That would have been great.
早那么做就好了
Let's see if we can't find a better spin.
让我们看看能不能换个角度
People are starting their weekends.
毕竟大家都准备要过周末了
The report says we can release 565 more gigatons of CO2
报告称,我们在不造成破坏的情况下
without the effects being calamitous.
还能被允许排放565千兆吨的二氧化碳
It says we can only release 565 gigatons.
意思是我们只能排放565千兆吨
So, what if we only release 564?
要是我们只排放了564千兆吨呢
Well, then we would have a reasonable shot at some form
那说不定能在
of dystopian, postapocalyptic life.
浩劫之后有一线生机
But the carbon dioxide in the oil
但在我们现有的石油中
that we've already leased is 2,795 gigatons.
已经有2795千兆吨的排放量了
So...
所以
What would all this look like?
这会造成什么情况
Well, mass migrations, food and water shortages,
造成大型人口迁移,食物和水的短缺
spread of deadly disease, endless wildfires.
致命疾病的传播,以及烧不尽的野火
Way too many to keep under control.
太多状况了,是人力无法控制的
Storms that have the power to level cities,
风暴会席卷平原城市
blacken out the sky, and create permanent darkness.
天空变黑,形成永久性的黑暗
Are you gonna get in trouble for saying this publically?
你公开发表这样的说辞不会有麻烦吗
Who cares?
谁会在乎
Mr. Westbrook, we want to inform people,
维斯布鲁克先生,我们想告诉人们真相
but we don't want to alarm them.
但不是去过度警醒造成恐慌
Can you give us a reason to be optimistic?
你能给我们一个乐观的理由吗
Well, that's the thing, Will.
事情是这样的,威尔
Americans are optimistic by nature.
美国人民生性乐观
And if we face this problem head on,
假如我们能正面问题
if we listen to our best scientists,
如果我们听取最顶尖科学家的意见
and act decisively and passionately,
并且果断积极地采取措施
I still don't see any way we can survive.
我还是不认为我们有生存的可能
Okay, Richard Westbrook,
好的,以上来自理查德·维斯布鲁克
Deputy Assistant Administrator of the EPA.
环保署的副助理主管
Thank you for joining us. Thanks for having me.
感谢你能加入我们,多谢邀请
This is "News Night." We'll be back right after this.
这里是《晚间新闻》 我们稍后回来
Herb?
赫布
Yeah, yeah. We're out.
好的,切断信号
Is this a tactic, making us wait?
让我们这么等着算是什么策略吗
Have you done this?
你以前干过这事吗
Look, US, US, US, US.
看,美国,美国,美国还是美国
We're on the same team.
我们都是一条阵线的
But, yes, it's a tactic.
但你说得对,这是一种策略
When we meet Pruit tomorrow night, let's not mention this.
明晚见普鲁伊特时,别提这件事
He's gonna find out sooner or later.
他迟早会发现的
I want it to be later, after his check clears.
那就迟点,等他结清支票后再说
Maybe he's Don't get up.
说不定他,别起身
I'm Barry Lasenthal, Assistant Attorney General
我是贝瑞·拉森索尔,负责国家安全案例的
for National Security.
助理总检察官
You're Rebecca Halliday? Yes, sir.
你就是丽贝卡·哈里戴,是的先生
You've let your clients
你是否通知了你的委托人
know there'll be no record of this meeting?
这次会面不会被记录在案
Yes. I wish there was.
通知了,真希望有记录
What's that? I said I wish there was.
你说什么,我说我希望能有记录
Do you mind if I ask why you're sitting so far away?
介意我问下您为什么坐这么远吗
I do mind. Would you like to register a complaint?
我介意,你要投诉吗
Reporters having their asses hauled into the
一群被拖进司法部门的新闻工作者
Justice Department doesn't sit well
没有得到...
I'll see that your concerns make it straight to the children
我保证会把你的关心转达给
of undercover agents who've been killed
那些因暴露身份而被灭口的
when their identities were made known.
卧底探员的子女那里
You're bringing out your queen a little early, aren't you?
这时候就亮出王牌,是不是太早了
Mr. Lasenthal, our intention is to work with the FBI
拉森索尔先生,我们的初衷是
or any relevant officials as we've always done in the past
同以往一样与FBI或是有关当局合作
to ensure the story is responsibly reported.
负责任地报道这篇新闻
But it'll be reported.
但是一定会报道出来
Not my pig, not my farm.
事不关己,高高挂起
I don't know that expression.
我还没听过这种说法
He's saying someone else is handling the story.
他是说有别人在处理那篇报道
See, Will is from Nebraska, too.
看见没,威尔也来自内布拉斯加州
But I wasn't recruited by Nebraska,
不过内布拉斯加大学没录取我
so I played fullback at A&M.
于是我去了德州农工大学打后卫
And we lost to Nebraska all four years I was there.
结果我在的四年间一直败给内布拉斯加队
The story is someone else's concern.
那篇报道是其他人的忧虑
But I can tell you if you
不过我可以告诉你们
report news that was gathered illegally,
若你们采用非法收集的信息进行新闻报道
you'll face criminal fines in an amount that will bankrupt you.
你们面临的巨额罚款会让你们倾家荡产
They understand that. Let's begin.
他们懂了,可以开始了
My problem is what's on that flash drive.
我的问题是闪盘里到底有什么
Let's begin. Are you running this meeting?
开始吧,这次会议由你主导吗
When I need to.
我觉得有必要的话
How about we cool it, OK?
大家都冷静些,好吧
You want to see what information we can give you
在不供出线人的情况下
without us naming the source, and that's fair.
让我们向你提供信息,这很合理
But any conversation has to start
但是在我们开口之前
with our knowing that Neal Sampat is safe from prosecution.
我们要确保尼尔·桑帕特不会被起诉
He is safe from prosecution.
他不会被起诉
We need that in writing.
我们要白纸黑字的凭证
Neal Sampat is in Maracaibo, Venezuela.
尼尔·桑帕特在委内瑞拉的马拉开波湾
He flew there yesterday from
他昨天飞过去的
Calgary International Airport by way of Cuba.
从卡尔加里国际机场起飞,途径古巴
Not for nothing, but this is a building full of lawyers
本来没什么,但这座楼里有的是律师
who'd have no problem making that look an awful lot to a jury
可以不费吹灰之力地说服陪审团
like tradecraft from a darkskinned young man.
他是个搞谍报工作的
Now maybe it's just a coincidence,
也许只是巧合
but in all three of those pictures,
但在这三张照片里
he's looking over his shoulder a little.
他都是一副小心提防的样子
He'll be doing that for the rest of his life.
他下半辈子都要在惊恐中度过了
That's his punishment. Punishment for what?
算是他的惩罚,因什么受惩罚
I don't believe what his punishment?
难以置信...他的惩罚吗
Punishment for what?
因什么受惩罚
We're a couple of inches away from being able
我很快就能证明
to show he induced his source to commit a felony.
他诱导他的线人犯下重罪
You're a long way off from
你离能证明
demonstrating that he had knowledge he was committing a crime.
他是在知情下犯罪都还差得远
Closer now that he's vacationing
但足够让他
in a country with no extradition treaty.
跑到没有引渡条款的国家避风头
Jesus Christ, you scared the shit out of this kid.
上帝啊,你们把那孩子吓坏了
I've seen some things, you know?
我也是算是经过风浪
I have been around,
饱经沧桑了
but we've got to work on getting him back now.
但我们现在得他接回来
Counsel, ask your questions.
律师,请发问吧
What time did Mr. Sampat first make contact?
桑帕特先生第一次联系他是什么时候
Monday evening, April 15. A week ago Monday.
周一早上,四月十五号,上星期一
Where was he at the time?
那个时候他在哪
His desk at ACN's New York bureau.
在ACN纽约部门的办公桌前
The source made contact with Mr. Sampat, not the other way.
是线人主动联系桑帕特先生,他是被动
My next question was how was contact made.
下一个问题是怎么联系上的
The source contacted Neal over ACN.com
线人通过ACN官网找到尼尔
and asked for his encryption key.
问他索要密匙
And what was his response? To give it to him.
他的回应是什么,把密匙给线人了
And then the source asked for a higher level of encryption?
然后线人要求增加密码难度吗
I won't answer that at this time.
此刻不方便回应
Did Mr. Sampat tell you the name of the source?
桑帕特先生告诉你线人的名字了吗
Yes. Did he tell you anything else about the source?
是的,关于线人他还说什么了吗
Yes. Will you tell us the name of the source?
是的,你能告诉我们线人的名字吗
No, sir.
不能,先生
Will you tell us anything else about the source?
你能提供一些线人的信息吗
No.
不能
Well, you've got a problem.
那你就有麻烦了
For one thing,
首先
it's a myth that the First Amendment
你认为这种情况下第一修正案能保护你
protects you in situations like this. Branzburg v. Hayes
那你错了, "布莱兹伯格案"...
Justice Powell made it clear the exception exists.
鲍威尔法官明确表示存在例外
Not clear enough.
还不够明确
A laptop computer was purchased with your American Express card
有人刷了你的信用卡在曼哈顿的百思买
at the Best Buy at 44th and 5th in Manhattan,
买了一台笔记本电脑
but the signature on the receipt doesn't match your handwriting.
但是收据上的签名却不是你的笔迹
You gave your credit card to Neal Sampat
你把你的信用卡给了尼尔·桑帕特
to buy an airgapped computer, right?
让他买了一台网闸电脑,对吧
This ends our cooperation.
我们的配合到此结束
What I think is this is exactly where you were going.
我觉得这就是你想要的结果
See, what I think is that
我认为,要么你想保护尼尔
either to protect Neal or be a hero or both,
要么你想当英雄,要么两者皆是
you engineered this whole thing so that Neal was cleared out
你策划了整件事,这样尼尔脱身了
and you were left holding the bag.
就由你来背这个黑锅
But you forgot what else was in the bag.
但是你忘了包里有什么
This receipt.
这张收据
Who's the source, Will?
线人是谁,威尔
No one has to know you gave him up.
没人会知道是你供出他的
No one has to know it was you.
此事绝对保密
I'll tell you what, Mr. Lasenthal. Yeah?
这么说吧,拉森索尔先生,说
You're bad at this. Is that right?
你真不擅长这活儿,是吗
You come in here like Brian Dennehy.
你进门时看起来像布赖恩·丹内利
You're at the other end of the table
你跑到桌子另一边坐下
'cause it's some Jedi mind shit
因为这是你从希尔顿
you were taught at a threeday seminar in Hilton Head.
为期三天的讲座上学来的心理战术
I was the one most apt to cooperate.
我这个人最配合了
The agents must have reported that to you.
探员们一定跟你汇报过了
That's the signal I was sending you.
我也是这样暗示你的
But you insulted our lawyer and you insulted my producer
但你侮辱我的律师,对我的制片人不敬
who happens to be my fiance, which you also know.
她还是我未婚妻,这一点你也知道
And you insulted Charlie Skinner,
你还不尊重查理·斯金纳
which your people would have
而你的人应该告诉你
told you wasn't gonna make any of us happy.
对他不敬就是跟我们所有人过不去
And you threatened to bankrupt us
你威胁让我们倾家荡产
and to have the same PR operation
聘用那个导致三十八人死亡的公关团队
that got 38 people killed turn Neal into a radical.
把尼尔写成激进分子
Yeah, I moved the pieces so they'd end up looking like this.
是,我搞了小动作,呈现这样的结果
Except Neal's supposed to be in a Super 8
只不过尼尔应该在新泽西州巴约讷的
in Bayonne, New Jersey, and not South America.
Super 8酒店,而不是在南美洲
And I did it because, while I have no doubt
我这么做是因为,尽管我毫不怀疑
that you'd shake Neal up and down until he gave you the source,
你会一直逼问尼尔直到他交出线人
which would never happen,
而这事永远不会发生
your jawdropping government overreach
你那耸人听闻的政府管辖
simply won't extend to putting a TV star in jail for contempt.
不可能自不量力地让电视明星因蔑视罪而入狱
You bungled this and I can't help you anymore.
是你自己搞砸了,我帮不了你
That's it.
事实就是如此
I fucking hated losing to Nebraska.
我讨厌输给内布拉斯加
I'd have thought you'd have gotten used to it.
我以为你已经习惯了
I look, I get it.
我懂你的意思
These days I look in the mirror and I have to admit
这些日子,我看着镜子里的自己,不得不承认
I'm not the strapping young Muslim Socialist that I used to be.
我不再是曾经那个高大年轻的穆斯林社会主义者了
Time passes,
时光飞逝
you get a little grey.
两鬓斑白
Hallie Shea, Jim Harper,
哈莉·谢伊,吉姆·哈珀
this is Jack Spaniel.
这是杰克·斯班尼尔
Nice to meet you. It's nice to meet you.
很高兴见到你,很高兴见到你
How'd you two meet?
你们俩怎么认识的
It was on a train coming back from Boston.
在一辆从波士顿返程的火车上认识的
Maggie overheard a man talking to a reporter,
玛姬听到一个男人在和记者打电话
but passed on the story because she didn't like
但她没有报道那篇新闻,因为她不喜欢
that she slid down in her seat to get it.
这种通过滑下座椅得来的新闻
The man she overheard was so impressed by her ethics
而被她偷听到的那个男人,被她的职业道德感动
that he gave her an exclusive.
决定给她一篇独家新闻
I teach Ethics,
我教的是伦理法
so I was vocationally attracted to the situation.
我出于职业习惯,被当时的情形迷住了
And the story you got in
而你作为交换得到的故事
exchange was that the world was coming to an end.
告诉我们世界末日就要来了
Pretty good for a Friday.
周五听到这些消息挺好的
It almost sounds like something you read in a tabloid.
感觉就像是从小报上看到这些消息
Hey, nothing's wrong with tabloids.
看小报又没错
Elvis ever comes back,
要是猫王复出
you're not gonna read about it in "The Washington Post."
《华盛顿邮报》上可看不到这些消息
Good point.
说得对
We are gonna get something to eat.
我们得吃点东西
Oh, okay.
好的
Was that for me, the ethics parable?
那个是说给我的吗,那个伦理小寓言
I hadn't heard that story until just now.
我刚刚才听到这个故事呢
Charlie wants to see everyone in five minutes
查理要每个人在五分钟内
in the kitchen in the west side of the building.
去大楼西边的厨房见他
Okay.
好的
You're the one who asked how they met.
是你先问起他们如何相识的
I sent in at least three jokes that would have killed.
我给他们发了至少三个绝妙的笑话
Those guys never use my jokes. You know why?
他们从来都不肯用我的笑话,知道为什么吗
I do. Speech writer snobbery.
我知道,因为写稿子的人太势利
I think it's something else.
我觉得不是这个原因
Taste this. It's fantastic.
尝尝这个,太好吃了
What is it?
这是什么
I don't believe it. He's here.
真不敢相信,他在这里
Sir, you really have to try this.
先生,你必须得尝尝这个
Delicious, right?
很美味,不是吗
Don, Sloan.
唐,斯隆
What a coincidence seeing you together.
这么巧,在这里碰见你们俩在一起
Not really. The whole staff is here.
并不巧,所有的人都在这里
It's a little bit more unusual that you're here.
在这里碰见你反倒是挺稀奇的
I'm a vice president at the
我是世界上第七大
seventh largest media company in the world.
媒体公司的副总裁
Wyatt thinks we're dating. You and him?
怀亚特认为我们在约会,你和他约会
Me and you. Are you serious?
我和你,你说真的吗
Yep. Don and me?
真的,唐和我
Have you googled my romantic history?
你有没有好好查过我的感情史
I date guys called Mr. Chairman.
我和各种主席约会
I date first round draft picks,
我和每年第一轮选秀的获胜者约会
high second round if it's a skill position.
要是打技巧性位置,第二轮选秀的也可以
You think I'm dating the EP of a 10:00 PM newscast
你认为我会和个十点档新闻的执行制片人约会
that barely outrates a rerun of "Just Shoot Me"?
他的节目勉强比《其父"奇"女》的重播收视率高
I absolutely do. And I'm gonna nail you.
我就是这样认为的,而且我会找到证据的
Charlie wants to see everyone in the kitchen
查理要每个人在五分钟内
in the west end of the building in five minutes.
去大楼西边的厨房见他
Okay.
好的
See ya.
再见
Was that too much before? That was way, way too much.
那样是不是太过了,早就已经过了
Excuse me.
打扰一下
Excuse me, do you happen to have any Schweppes Bitter Lemon?
打扰一下,你有没有怡泉甘柠水(汽水)
Yes, ma'am. You have Schweppes?
有,女士,你有怡泉
It's Canada Dry, I think.
我们有加拿大干姜水
My boss has to have Schweppes.
我老板一定要喝怡泉
Do you happen to know if
你知道这附近哪里还有
there's a nearby liquor store or a grocery store?
别的酒水店或者杂货店吗
I think you'd have to ask someone else.
我想你得问问别人
They can carbonate lemon juice.
他们可以往柠檬汁里充二氧化碳
Your boss won't know the difference.
你的老板喝不出区别
He will. He sounds like a dream come true.
他喝得出,听起来像是个大好人
He's actually a Charlie Skinner?
他其实是个,查理·斯金纳
Mr. Pruit. Lucas.
普鲁伊特先生,叫我卢卡斯
You're the man I've been waiting for.
你就是我一直在等的人
I looked for you in the ballroom.
我在宴会厅里找你来着
I had to step out for a while to take a call.
我得出去接个电话
I knew I'd see you here. It's no problem.
我就知道我会在这里碰见你,没关系
I just looked for you in the ballroom.
我就在宴会厅里找过你
I'm sorry about that. No, no need.
很抱歉,不要这么说
Like I said,
就像我说的
I had to take a call and I knew I'd see you here.
我得接个电话,而且我知道会在这遇见你
Not a problem. What are you drinking?
没问题,你要喝点什么
Unflavored Absolute Vodka with a capful of Schweppes Bitter Lemon
纯伏特加,洛克杯加冰
poured over ice in a rocks glass.
最后加怡泉甘柠水
They don't have Schweppes Bitter Lemon.
他们没有怡泉甘柠水
It eludes me why that should ever be the case, you know?
我真想不明白为什么会这样
It just eludes me. I'll go out to a store.
我真是搞不明白,我会去店里看看的
Gwen. Yeah?
格温,怎么了
I'm not insane. Just enjoy the party.
我又没疯,好好享受派对吧
Thank you.
谢谢你
I don't think she's gonna work out.
我看她干不了这份工作
We'll make sure our refrigerators are stocked.
我会确保冰箱里一直有存货的
Leona told me I'd be meeting you in the ballroom
莉安娜跟我说,我会在宴会厅里见到你
and then I'd be talking to you here at the party.
然后我会在派对上和你聊天
That was the plan.
计划就是这样的
But then, unfortunately, I had to take a call
但后来,我得出去接电话
Work related? The call.
是工作上的事吗,我说那通电话
Was the call
那通电话
no, it was my daughter, as a matter of fact.
不是,其实是我女儿
So we've met and now we're here
既然我们现在在这儿见到了
and I'm looking forward to talking.
我很期待与您的谈话
As I understand it, you're our last best hope
据我所知,您是我们电视台
for the network to stay on the air.
能继续播出唯一希望了
If I was a man with no choices, I'd kill myself.
我要是沦落到无路可走,我就去自杀
Well, I guess that means I have a choice, so...
那说明我还剩一条路可以走吧,那么
Would you like to talk about my intentions for the network?
你想听听我对电台未来的打算吗
Yes, sir, I would.
想的,先生
My name is Lilly.
我叫莉莉
Pleased to meet you. You're MacKenzie?
很高兴认识你,你是麦肯兹吗
ACN.
来自ACN新闻
You're the one who decides if and when to air a story?
你就是决定是否播出及何时播出的人吗
I'm sorry, can I ask what this is about?
不好意思,我可以请问您有何贵干吗
I spoke to someone who works for you.
我和你的一个下属聊过
About what?
聊什么
I spoke to Neal.
是和尼尔
Are you saying I'm the source.
你是说,我就是那个线人
Prove that.
证明你自己
38 people died in a riot
由于我们捏造散播的谣言
in Kundu because of disinformation we planted.
38人在坎都死于暴乱
Okay. Three of them
够了,其中三人是
I sent Neal 27,000 Stop talking.
我给尼尔发了27000页,别说了
Let me tell you what we're about.
让我告诉你我们是做什么的
Let me tell you what I'm about.
还是让我告诉你我是做什么的吧
Disruption.
破坏
I can see fear in your eyes.
我能看见你眼里充满恐慌
There almost always is.
我眼里基本上一直充满恐慌
What's an example of disruption
从新闻电视台的角度来说
as it would apply to a news network?
什么叫破坏呢
Usergenerated content. Crowdsourcing the news.
由用户发布新闻内容,网络众包取材
I'll tell you, Lucas, we just had in Boston
我告诉你,卢卡斯,我们刚刚在波士顿事件中
Boston was a bad instance of crowdsourcing,
波士顿的网络众包取材做得不好
but it was still disruption.
但依然有破坏性
Why one channel? Why not 500?
为什么只有一家电视台,为什么不是500家
With no cost for content.
这些信息完全免费
No cost for content on the other 499?
是剩下的499家才完全免费吧
I'm just trying
我只是想说
I'm not talking about guys with headcams in Syria.
我不是说叙利亚那些背着摄像机的家伙们
I don't know. Maybe I am. A disaster channel.
我不知道,可能也行,一台专播灾难
A stalker channel. I just did three. Now you.
跟踪者频道,我刚举了三个例子,轮到你了
A channel where professionals investigate and report the news.
一台由专业人士考证调查后播出的新闻
Danny Glover just came to mind.
我突然想到丹尼·格洛弗
We could have a channel
我们可以打造一台专门
devoted to people who are stalking Danny Glover.
为跟踪丹尼·格洛弗的人而设的电视台
You think I'm kidding. No, I don't.
你觉得我在开玩笑,我不这么觉得
They're gathering. Thanks.
他们都快到了,谢谢
I have to step away for a few minutes,
我得暂时离开几分钟
but I'm looking forward to talking more about this.
但我很期待能继续讨论这个话题
No, you're not, but you will anyway.
你才不期待呢,但你还是得讨论
Yeah.
没错
You're at a party with nothing
你现在身处的这个派对里
but reporters and government officials.
除了记者就都是政府官员
They don't know they're looking for me.
没人知道我就是他们要找的人
Why hasn't the story aired yet?
新闻为什么到现在都没播
You said we. "We planted disinformation."
你刚刚说我们, "我们捏造散播的谣言"
You work for BCD? Yeah.
你在BCD工作吗,没错
They're looking for someone inside the Pentagon.
他们还在五角大楼里找线人呢
When is the story running?
新闻什么时候才播报
It's going to be reported. It's been a week.
会播报的,已经一周了
We promised some people we'd hold a moment.
我们答应了一些人,暂时不播报
The government.
答应了政府
We have to work with them on national security.
由于国家安全问题,我们必须和他们合作
They're gonna tell you everything is national security.
他们会说什么都是国家安全问题
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.
周日,周一,周二,周三
If I don't see the story on your air by Wednesday,
若是周三前我在你们台都看不到这则新闻
I'm uploading it myself. You can't do that.
我就自己去散播,不行啊
I'll just dump it on Gwyneth Paltrow's blog.
我发上格温妮丝·帕特洛的博客就行了
We don't know everything that's in it yet.
我们还没看过那些文件的所有内容
We have to work with the government.
我们必须得和政府合作
I don't like that you're working with the government.
我不喜欢你们和政府合作这件事
We don't want to get people killed.
我们不想导致有人被杀
What about
可那些
What about them?
他们怎么办
A lot of people are sacrificing for you.
很多人都在为你做出牺牲
I expect your cooperation in return.
作为回报,我希望你可以合作
You'll have my cooperation for 96 hours.
96小时之内,我会合作
That should give you the time to do what you need to do.
这段时间应该够你准备了
Mac. Yeah?
麦肯,在
Charlie's gathering everyone
查理让大家在这栋楼
in the kitchen on the west side of the building.
西面的厨房里集合
Okay.
The man had made his peace with the end of the world.
那人已经向世界毁灭妥协了
Hi. Did you know the interview was gonna be like that?
你好,你事先知道采访会变成这样吗
Um, Mr. McAvoy.
麦卡沃伊先生
That's not what we were expecting, was it, Maggie?
跟我们想的不太一样吧,玛姬
No. After 20 years at the EPA hi
是的,在美国环保署呆了20年,你好
400 parts per million was
他的逻辑思维也就只能承受
about all his sense of logic could handle
百万分之400的二氧化碳浓度
and his mind packed up. I saw the interview, too.
然后脑子就不够用了,那场采访我也看了
When we went to commercial,
我们切进广告后
I asked him if he'd changed his behaviour at all.
我问他知道消息后生活行为有没有改变
He said he stopped buying lottery tickets. Mr. McAvoy.
他说他再也没买过彩票,麦卡沃伊先生
I understand his frustration. Sir!
他的焦虑我能理解,先生
Guys, I'm sorry, could you give me just a second?
不好意思,能不能让我耽误一会儿
I'm here all night. Just a second.
我整晚都在这里,就一会儿
That's a subpoena in your pocket, right?
你口袋里的是张传票,没错吧
Sir, my name is Eli Shapiro.
先生,我的名字是伊莱·沙皮罗
I work for the US Department of Justice.
我为美国司法部工作
They sent an intern. I'm Rebecca Halliday.
他们派了个实习生来,我是丽贝卡·哈里戴
You're supposed to give that to me.
那个应该给我
Uh, Mr. Mc
麦卡沃伊先生
I'm sorry. Go ahead. Don't be nervous.
抱歉,说吧,别紧张
Mr. McAvoy, this is a subpoena for you to be sworn in
麦卡沃伊先生,这张传票召唤您
before an investigative grand jury at 1 St. Andrew's Plaza,
在4月29日周一早十点,于圣安德鲁广场1号
Monday, April 29 at 10:00 AM.
出席大陪审团的调查
You think it's possible I'm not as big a TV star as I thought?
你觉得我是不是没我想象的有名

重点单词   查看全部解释    
milestone ['mailstəun]

想一想再看

n. 里程碑

 
volcano [vɔl'keinəu]

想一想再看

n. 火山

联想记忆
identify [ai'dentifai]

想一想再看

vt. 识别,认明,鉴定
vi. 认同,感同身

 
contempt [kən'tempt]

想一想再看

n. 轻视,轻蔑

联想记忆
threat [θret]

想一想再看

n. 威胁,凶兆
vt. 威胁, 恐吓

 
drawer ['drɔ:ə]

想一想再看

n. 抽屉,拖曳者,制图员,开票人
(复)dr

联想记忆
atmospheric [.ætməs'ferik]

想一想再看

adj. 大气的,大气层的,制造气氛的

 
draft [dræft]

想一想再看

n. 草稿,草图,汇票,徵兵
vt. 起草,征

 
courtesy ['kə:tisi]

想一想再看

n. 礼貌,好意,恩惠

 
unusual [ʌn'ju:ʒuəl]

想一想再看

adj. 不平常的,异常的

联想记忆


关键字: 美剧 新闻编辑室

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。