Our elections are the envy of the world.
全世界都羡慕我们的选举
It's critically important that we not make any mistakes tonight.
我务必强调,今晚不能犯任何错误
We made a small mistake.
我们犯了个小错
We called Michigan when we meant Mississippi.
我们判了密西根,本该是密西西比
You have to retract it. I wonder...
你得收回,我在想...
if maybe it's not necessary to retract.
或许不一定非要收回
I didn't realize that you were president of the Oxford Union.
我都不知道你是牛津辩论社主席啊
Cambridge. I was president of the Cambridge Union.
剑桥,我是剑桥辩论社的主席
I need you to change my Wikipedia page.
我需要你帮我更改我的维基百科页面
It's funny the things people try to control
人们感觉自己失去控制的时候
when they feel like they're not in control.
却努力想要掌控,有意思
You're going to be a named defendant by Jerry Dantana.
你会成为杰利·丹塔纳另一个案子的被告
He's suing me for giving him a bad job recommendation?
他起诉我给他工作打差评
It's just strategy.
这叫策略
Say what you want to say to me. What?
你想对我说什么,就说出来,什么
Fire me. You're the only one who can do it.
开除我吧,只有你能这么做
I think your resignations should be accepted immediately.
我认为你们的辞职应当立即生效
Then why don't you? My mom says I can't.
那你还等什么呢,我妈不让
You have to keep trying. Tomorrow's too late.
那就继续努力,到明天就晚了
You think I'm not firing you because it would make me look bad?
你以为我不想开除你,是因为这不利于我的形象吗
Give me a break, Billy. It's not like you're indifferent.
得了,比利,别装作你真心不在乎
You're fired, end of the broadcast.
报道结束后,你就被开除了
Please don't tell anyone.
请别告诉任何人
We're just past 9:00 P.M. in the East
东部时间刚过晚上9点
and we have another round of projections.
我们继续进行下一轮的预测
ACN is able to project Mitt Romney will win
ACN预测米特·罗姆尼将拿下
the great state of Kansas and its six electoral votes.
堪萨斯,及其六张选票
Moving south to Louisiana, we project...
南部的路易斯安那,我们预测
I'm here.
我在
I want to make sure there's absolutely no confusion.
我要确认这里没有任何误会
You would go on the record. We would use your name.
你愿意公开声明,我们会引用你的名字
I want more. I want a quote.
这还不够,我要引用你的话
I'm gonna handcuff you to this thing.
这事你休想撇清
Did he just say, "A big prize but no surprise"?
他刚刚说"大获全胜,不足为奇"
Yeah.
是啊
He'll be kicking himself for that.
他回头肯定不会放过自己
All right, well, we've got a decision to make here
好的,我们要做个决定
and I'll give you a heads up either way.
不论决定如何我都会告诉你
Thank you and good luck tonight.
谢谢你,祝你们今晚好运
It's as confirmed as anything has ever been.
已经确证无疑
Two GOP congressmen we can quote and identify,
两名共和党议员同意我们点名并引用他们的话
two senior DOJ sources we can identify as two senior DOJ sources.
两名司法部线人允许我们提到消息来自司法部
You wanted me? Yeah.
你找我,是的
All right, I can explain. Nope.
好吧,我可以解释,别
Explain what?
解释什么
Doesn't matter.
没事
Here's what's happening.
是这么回事
Brody in California made a statement this morning
加州的布罗迪今早开始投票后
when the polls opened condemning Todd Akin.
发表声明声讨陶德·艾金
It's a tight race.
竞争很激烈
We figure he saw internal numbers suggesting
我们认为他看到了内部计票数
he needed a bigger cushion with women 1855.
意识到他需要争取更多18到55岁女性的投票
So he went on a local morning show
于是他上了一档早间节目
and slid in a condemnation of Akin,
并且对艾金进行了抨击
but two hours ago, Maggie found a Brody quote
但是两小时前,玛姬找到了布罗迪1990年
in a Students for America publication from 1990.
在SFA出版刊物上刊登的一篇文章
"It's a sad fact, but women cry rape "
可悲的是,女性声称强奸
to avoid embarrassment, to exact revenge,
是为了避免尴尬,实施报复
or just to draw attention.
或者只为吸引注意
If we have rape exceptions to abortion laws,
若在堕胎法中添加强奸的特例
women could now cry rape to terminate an innocent life.
那女性就可以声称强奸,来终结无辜的生命
We should be able to look past the mendacity.
我们应该看透这种谎言
Children are conceived by love, not by rape."
孕育孩子的,是爱,而不是强奸"
How did you find that? Prayer and clean living.
你怎么找到的,祈祷,好好生活
Seriously, how did you find that? It's my job.
别闹,你怎么找到的,这是我的工作
It's my job, too, but I didn't find that.
也是我的,但我就没找到
No, you didn't. Knock it off.
可不是嘛,够了
So, Don calls Brody's chief of staff to get a comment.
唐打给布罗迪的幕僚长想得到他们的评论
John Webb. And Webb says...
约翰·韦布,韦布说
Given a little time, he might be able to feed us a better story
让我给他点时间,他或许能给我们一则更好的新闻
in exchange for holding the SFA quote till after the election.
以交换我们选举结束后再发布SFA刊物的新闻
What's the better story?
更好的新闻是什么
David Petraeus is going to resign on Thursday.
戴维·彼得雷乌斯将于周四辞职
He's been having an affair with a lieutenant colonel in the Reserves.
他在跟一名陆军预备役中校搞外遇
So the question is which story do we run?
问题就是我们发布哪则新闻
'Cause it's one or the other. It's not even a contest.
二者只能选其一,用膝盖想都知道
Brody. Petraeus. Wait.
布罗迪,彼得雷乌斯,慢着
It's 6:00 in the West. The polls are still open.
现在西部是六点,投票还没结束
People are coming home from work.
大家正下班回家呢
Almost 40% of the votes in Brody's district
布罗迪选区有40%的选票
are cast between 5:00 and 8:00.
是在晚5点到8点间投出的
I know, and I fully appreciate that.
我知道,这我理解
But this is a special circumstance. No, it's not.
但情况特殊,不,不特殊
Let me make my case.
让我先说完
We're under siege.
我们腹背受敌
If we break this Petraeus story
如果我们先报到了彼得雷乌斯的新闻
two days before everyone else,
能够早其他新闻机构两天
we'll one: distract from our own problems,
我们就,一,让大家不去纠结于我们的麻烦
and two earn us back some credibility and goodwill.
二,为我们赢得一些信誉和好感
Does the Petraeus story provide any information
彼得雷乌斯的报道对选民
the voters should have before they punch a ballot?
投出选票有任何用处吗
It does not.
没有
Does it do anyone any good
如果我们明天才报道
if we report the Brody quote tomorrow instead of tonight?
布罗迪的新闻对任何人有任何好处吗
It would help Brody out.
对布罗迪有大好处
Call your guy back and tell him thanks, but no, thanks.
打给他,告诉他多谢提供消息,我们不用
We'll report that Petraeus is resigning when Petraeus resigns, right?
我们将等彼得雷乌斯辞职的时候报道这件事
Yeah. Don?
知道啦,唐
I'm agreeing. Do I have to be happy about it?
我没有异议,还非得兴高采烈吗
Put the Brody package together for me to approve.
把布罗迪的新闻整理好拿给我看
I want to get it on the air in 15 minutes.
15分钟内报道出去
Everything all right? Hmm? Yeah.
一切都好吧,嗯,好
Here's how things are looking right now
9点的投票结束刚过
just after the 9:00 P.M. closings.
现在的情况是这样的
Governor Romney is ahead with 152 electoral votes
罗姆尼州长以152张选举人票
to the president's 123.
领先于总统的123票
No projections right now in Arizona, New Mexico...
目前亚利桑那,新墨西哥尚无预测
They've run out of ballots in Racine, Wisconsin.
威斯康辛的拉辛投票站,选票用完了
Elliot's got it and then throw to DC.
埃利奥特提一下,然后转向华盛顿演播室
Elliot, right now President Obama has a lead in Wisconsin,
埃利奥特,奥巴马总统在威斯康辛领先
but we're hearing there are voting problems.
但我们听说,那里的投票出现了问题
Yeah, they've run out of ballots in Racine, Wisconsin.
是的,威斯康辛的拉辛投票站,选票用完了
They've got to get some sort of lastminute ballot supply.
他们得临时补充选票
Taylor Warren, is that a good sign for the president in Wisconsin?
泰勒·沃伦,此事对总统在威斯康辛的选情有利吗
It's a very good sign. Racine, the whole Rust Belt area of the state
很有利,拉辛及该州整个铁锈地带(铁锈地带:指曾经工业繁盛但如今已经衰落的地区)
is a very big sweet spot for the president.
都是一边倒向总统的地区
Coming to you, Jane. Start us off with Colorado.
要转去你那儿了,简,先谈科罗拉多
We're gonna start with Florida.
我们要先谈佛罗里达
Take Jane to Florida.
问简佛罗里达的情况
Let's bring in Jane Barrow and our panel in DC.
现在有请简·巴罗和我们华府的嘉宾
Jane, what are you guys seeing in Florida?
简,佛罗里达情况如何
There's an interesting dynamic in that battleground state right now
现在这个摇摆州的情况在有趣地变化着
and I'd like to go to our panel.
我想请出我们的嘉宾
All right, New York's on an eightminute break.
好了,纽约进入八分钟休息
Don't anyone go too far. And clear.
大家都别走远,切出
Okay, whew.
好的
All right, turn out, turn out.
投票率,投票率
The ground game. You talking to me?
拉人比赛,你在跟我说话吗
I wasn't really talking to anyone.
我就是自言自语
I think you just described the rest of my life.
我觉得你刚刚描述了我的余生
How are you doing?
你还好吗
A group called Stand By Our Troops submitted a petition
一个名叫"支持我们的军队"的组织向AWM
to AWM demanding Charlie and I be fired.
发出了请愿书,要求我和查理辞职
They got 20,000 signatures.
他们拿到了两万个签名
Six and a half times the size of my hometown. I saw.
那是我家乡人数的6.5倍,我看到了
Another group called Concerned Citizens for Truth
另一个名叫"关心真相市民"的组织
got 50,000 signatures.
拿到了五万签名
We hired a polling firm to gauge trust.
我们雇了民调公司做信誉度调查
And? Nobody trusts us.
结果呢,没人相信我们
Men, women, over 49, under 49, Republicans, Democrats
男人,女人, 49岁以上或以下,民主党,共和党
our lack of credibility is immune to demographics.
对我们的不信任跨越了各种人的分界线
The opeds won't stop. They're getting worse.
报纸专栏不肯放手,而且愈演愈烈
And I'm concerned this is
而我担心
finally what's going to kill Charlie Skinner.
这事可能会要了查理·斯金纳的命
Schadenfreude's been made very convenient.
对你们幸灾乐祸实在太容易
Hmm. Yeah.
是啊
You know, I hate to seem like I'm circling,
我不想让人觉得我像秃鹰一样
but I'm setting up a media consulting firm
但是我要组建一家媒体咨询公司
and I wanted to get your blessing to approach Jim Harper.
我希望你不介意我挖吉姆·哈珀的墙脚
About what? About joining the firm.
挖他干什么,来加入我的公司
He hates me, but if I only worked with people who liked me,
他讨厌我,但如果我只跟喜欢我的人公事
I'd have to make my dog Howard a partner.
我就只能让我的狗狗霍华德做合伙人了
I'm lost.
我没懂
There's gonna be a land rush as soon as you guys announce.
等你们一宣布,大家肯定会一涌而上的
There's a lot of talent here.
这里有才干的人很多
Jim just renewed his contract a few months ago.
吉姆几个月前才续过约
It's in the air supply around here
这里的空气里都飘着
that senior staff is resigning over Genoa.
高级人员将因热内亚一事辞职的消息
Charlie is resigning and I'm resigning.
查理会辞职,我会辞职
But as of 1:35 this morning,
但是直到今早1点35
Leona Lansing won't even accept our resignations.
莉安娜·兰辛甚至不肯接受我们的辞职
Where did you hear senior staff was resigning?
你在哪听说高级人员要辞职的
Maybe I shouldn't say. Where did you hear that?
或许我不该说,你在哪听到的
From the senior staff.
高级人员亲口说的
I make friends everywhere I go.
我到哪儿都能交上朋友
I want the senior staff in the studio right now.
高级人员现在去演播室
We have seven minutes back. Right now.
还有7分钟就要播报了,马上
The mood here is still upbeat.
这里的气氛还很乐观
They like the internal exits they're seeing.
内部数据让他们很满意
They're not troubled that Obama
他们不介意奥巴马
isn't losing in a single state he needs to win?
需要拿下的州,无一落后吗
They like what they're seeing in Ohio and Florida.
他们对俄亥俄和佛罗里达的情况很乐观
What are they seeing?
他们看的什么数据啊
Honey, I'm starting to get funny looks from people here.
亲爱的,大家看我的眼神都怪怪的
They know I'm Skyping with ACN.
他们知道我在跟ACN的人视频
You're Skyping with me.
你在跟我视频
No one can see or hear us.
没人能看到或听到我们
Hey, Hallie! Hey, Maggie.
你好啊,哈莉,你好,玛姬
Will wants senior staff in the studio.
威尔让高级人员去演播室
I'll be right there.
我就去
It's mostly the bloggers who don't want me helping out old media.
主要是博客圈的人,不希望我帮助老媒体
You know, why don't you tell new media
那你不如告诉新媒体的人
that old media has got a combined audience of about 80 million tonight?
今晚大概共有八千万的观众在关注老媒体
I will, but new media will probably respond by saying
可以,但是新媒体大概会回应说
that the report you just gave about Racine, Wisconsin,
你们刚刚报道的威斯康辛州拉辛
running out of ballots came off Twitter.
选票不够的新闻是来自推特
Then you should reply by telling new media to bite me
那你就让新媒体的人给我去死吧
and my accountability and professionalism.
我的责任感和职业感鄙视他们
Can you get someone else to do this?
你能让别人帮你带话吗
By the way, a little while ago
对了,刚刚
we called the Michigan first for Dan Benishek.
我们判定密西根一区会由丹·贝尼什克当选
If you were thinking of posting something about it, I'd hold off.
如果你打算发表声明,还是再等等吧
Why? I accidently called the wrong race.
为什么,我判定错了选举
I meant Mississippi. You didn't retract it?
本该是密西西比,你没收回
Our decision desk is 100% confident he's going to win.
我们决策台有100%的信心他会获胜
Then why can't you call it? They're not confident enough.
那为什么不判,他们信心不够
You should really retract it.
你真的应该收回
If you were us tonight, would you retract something
要是你在这,你会收回一件
you didn't absolutely have to?
不需要绝对收回的话吗
No. I'm going all in on Benishek.
不会,我全压到贝尼什克身上了
Hang on. They're waiting for me in the studio.
等等,他们在演播室等我呢
I think she cut her own hair.
我觉得她的头发是自己剪的
Tonight's really not the night
今天真的不是...
Cutting off your own hair that's alarming.
自己剪自己的头发,值得担忧啊
Any chance this can wait?
这件事不能再等等
No. Jim's on his way.
不行,吉姆马上就来
I'd like to announce something in the meantime.
我同时也想说一件事
I was supposed to donate a
我应该为桑迪飓风拍卖会
signed copy of my book for the Sandy auction
捐赠一本我签名的书
and I went to see my parents
但我上周去见我父母
last weekend and forgot to leave the book.
忘记了签名这回事
Gary, meaning well, signed a copy of the book
格雷好心的帮我签了这本书
forging my signature and writing the inscription.
伪造了我的签名,并写了题词
In German. Almost.
用德语,大部分是
In German the words for enjoy and shred are a lot alike.
德语中享受和撕碎两个词意思差不多
They're nothing alike, but that's not the point.
差很多,不过重点不在这
Take your time getting to the point, because as you can see,
别着急说重点,因为在我看来
nothing else is happening right now. We've got five minutes.
大家都闲着没事,我们有五分钟
We do not have five minutes.
我们可没有五分钟
The producers don't have five minutes.
制片人可没有五分钟
My point is that someone bought the book for a lot of money
重点是有人花大价钱买了这本书
and Neal's dropping everything to help me find out who it was
尼尔正放弃别的事,帮我找到是谁买的
so that I can give him or her a real signed copy of the book.
这样我可以给他或者她一本有真签名的书
So if there's anyone who was at the fundraiser
所以如果有人在募捐会上
or maybe knows the person who Excuse me.
或者有谁知道,打断一下
You're dropping everything?
你把活都放下了
No, I'm still very much doing my job. Except for right now.
不,我还在干活,除了现在
And when I'm trying to fix your Wikipedia page.
还有除了我在修改你的维基百科页面
Oh, forget that. Drop it, it's stupid.
别管这事了,可没意思
Everybody's here? Yes.
大家都到了,对
Let's go around the room
让我们来四处走动一下
and everybody tell something about themselves.
大家都介绍一下自己
Do you need to go back to the control room? Yes.
你是不是得去控制室,对
Go.
快去
Fix the page. Get it fixed. Copy.
修改主页,修改好,收到
I don't know what the hell you guys are thinking about doing,
我不知道你们在想着要干什么
but you're not doing it.
但你们什么都不许干
Last night, Charlie, Mac, and I
昨晚,查理,麦肯和我
offered our resignations to Mrs. Lansing.
给兰辛女士递交了辞呈
She refused to accept them,
她拒绝接受我们的辞职
believing that the right thing to do was to stand by us.
认为正确的做法是继续支持我们
Charlie is working hard on
查理正在努力
Reese to get him to change his mother's mind.
说服里斯去改变他母亲的想法
The reason, whole reason, we're trying to resign
我们打算辞职的唯一原因
is to allow the rest of you to continue
就是为了能让剩下的你们继续去做我们
to do what we started without the burden of Genoa.
开创的事情,而不用受热那亚牵连
Elliot would take my job. Don would take Mac's.
埃利奥特会接替我,唐会接替麦肯
Sloan would anchor 10:00 and Jim would be her EP.
斯隆会主播十点档,吉姆做她的制片人
So I don't want to hear any more rumors
所以我不想听到任何关于
about the rest of you resigning.
你们这些人要辞职的流言
Is that clear? No.
都明白了吗,没有
It's not clear? No, it's clear.
没说明白,不,说明白了
We're saying no. No to what?
我们说的是不行,什么不行
If Leona accepts your resignations, we're resigning, too.
如果莉安娜接受了你的辞呈,我们也会辞职
Everyone who was involved with Genoa.
所有与热那亚事件有关系的人都会
I'm not going to accept your resignations.
我不会接受你们的辞呈
Due respect, but if Leona accepts yours,
恕我直言,若莉安娜接受了你的辞职
you're not going to be in a position
就轮不到你...
We gave you a bad story. It's our responsibility.
我们给你了一个坏报道,是我们的责任
There are principles of... principle here
这里是有原则的
and character and responsibility.
有性格,有责任的
Who put all this in your head?
你这都是从哪学来的
You did. Now can we go back to work?
你啊,我们现在可以回去工作了吗
You expect me to get choked up?
你指望我哑口无言吗
Meeting's over. Two minutes back.
会议结束,两分钟归位
I think you insulted them a little by not assuming
我觉得你假设他们不会支持你和查理和麦肯
they'd stand behind you and Charlie and Mac.
这一点有点侮辱了他们
Why do you think that?
你为什么这么想
Because you insulted me a little.
因为你有点侮辱了我
Charlie. Hi. Oh, hi.
查理,嗨,嗨
Excuse me. Oh, Charlie.
抱歉,查理
Charlie, a woman in Mesa, Arizona,
查理,亚利桑那方山的一个女人
ran over her husband with
用她家的车轧过了她丈夫
their car because he didn't vote for Romney.
因为他没有投给罗姆尼
Can I have a moment?
能单独跟你说句话吗
Did you hear what I just said?
你听见我说的吗
No. He's in the hospital.
没有,他还在医院呢
They were in a parking lot.
事情是在停车场发生的
She was chasing him around a light pole.
她绕着一个灯杆在追他
He tried to make a run for it and she pinned him at the curb.
他想跑走,然后她在路边轧倒了他
Here's what I find strange about this.
我觉得这件事奇怪的地方在于
First of all, it's not like the husband voted for Obama.
首先,不是说这个丈夫投给了奥巴马
He just didn't vote for Romney. He didn't vote.
他只是没投给罗姆尼,他根本没投票
And second, isn't Romney gonna win the vote
第二,无论如何,罗姆尼
in Arizona by like 200% anyway?
在亚利桑那是一定能赢的
Yeah, but you don't think the strange part
对,但是你不觉得奇怪的地方在于
is the wife driving over her husband with a car?
这个妻子用车轧倒了她丈夫
Well, she's pregnant.
她怀孕了
Where are you getting this from? Twitter.
你们从哪知道这事的,推特
All right, can I have just a second?
好吧,我能跟你说句话吗
Sure.
好啊
A decision has to be made before the court clerk's office
明早九点法庭书记员办公室开门前
opens at 9:00 tomorrow.
必须要做出决定
I appreciate everything you said last night.
我很感谢你昨晚所说的话
I was high last night.
我昨天晚上嗑药了
I know. You told us.
我知道,你说了
But then I got a good night's sleep
但然后,我睡了个好觉
and an early morning swim and a full day's work.
早起游了个泳,而且工作了一天
And then I changed and came here and got high again.
然后我改变主意,又来这嗑药了
God damn it. It's marketing.
该死,这叫营销
They got a stash.
他们藏着好东西
I mean, I don't know how they do it.
我不知道他们是怎么做的
I think they grow their own
我觉得他们是在
in, like, the Galapagos Islands or something.
加拉巴哥群岛还是哪生产的
And I want to get the Allman Brothers back together.
而且我想让奥尔曼兄弟乐队回归(70年代美国南方着名的一支融合布鲁斯、爵士乐以及乡村音乐的乐队)
Rebecca says that it's your intention to sue us if we resign.
丽贝卡说,如果我们辞职,你会起诉我们
For breach of contract, yes. Hey, you want some champagne?
违约合同,对,你想喝香槟吗
No. For two months,
不,两个月来
there's been a mob shouting for our resignations.
一直都有人喊着想让我们辞职
And the mob is right. Are you sure they're not just loud?
而且这些人说得对,你确定他们只是喊吗
What does it matter?
有什么关系呢
They'll keep shouting until Will and I leave the building.
他们会一直喊,直到威尔和我离开这里
And if we don't leave the building,
如果我们不离开这里
what will that do to everyone else?
这对别的人又会有什么影响
From what I understand, if I accept your resignations,
以我来看,如果我接受了你们的辞呈
there won't be anyone left except the DC bureau
除了华盛顿分部,就没人留下来了
because those guys want your jobs.
因为那里的人都想要你的工作
Will and I will convince senior staff to stay.
威尔和我会劝说高级职员留下
I'm not worried about that.
我不担心这个
Here's why you have to let Dantana's lawyers
所以必须在明早书面提交前,让丹塔纳
know you're gonna settle before papers are filed in the morning.
的律师,知道你会解决好这件事
A diary will be made available
我们将会有一本
to any reporter who wants to read it...
ACN内部行为日志提供给任何
Which will be every reporter.
所有的人都会想去看
...of the internal operations of ACN.
想要去阅读的记者
And AWM and that diary will be written by lawyers
还有AWM,那本由律师写的日志
whose only objective is to make us look silly.
只会让我们看起来更傻
I don't feel silly. You want to split a pizza?
我不觉得啊,你想分吃披萨吗
Can you understand me right now?!
你听见我说的吗
Well, when you speak at that volume, I think everyone can.
你要是用这个音调说,大家都能听见的
I drove them into this fucking nightmare.
是我让他们陷入了这个梦魇中
I led, they followed.
是我领导的,他们跟着我
And it's like I led them to Cape Fear
这就像是我带着他们到了《恐怖角》
'cause everyone we've pissed off
因为被我们惹到的每个人
every congressman, every reporter,
每个国会议员,每个记者
every citizen journalist
每一个公民记者
I understand the reality.
我了解这个情况
You know who I am.
你知道我是谁
Reese agrees with us.
里斯同意我们辞职
Oh, the irony that it's come down to you and Reese agreeing.
你和里斯居然能意见一致,好讽刺啊
Your son and I seldom agree.
你儿子很少和我意见一致
You disrespect him, Charlie.
你不尊重他,查理
He's given me reasons to. No, no, he hasn't.
他给了我理由啊,不不,他没有
He's given you reasons to disagree with him,
他给了你和他意见不同的理由
but not to disrespect him.
但是没有让你不尊重他
Well, we're not disagreeing now.
我们现在意见一致了
He's thinking very clearly about this.
他对此想的很清楚
He's being a smart executive.
他现在是个聪明的总裁
And now is exactly the right time to listen to him.
现在正是时候,听从他的意见
Well, I'm doing a lot more than listening to him.
我做的可不仅仅是听他的意见
I'm letting him make the decision.
我让他做决定
You are? Yeah.
是吗,对
Leona, come on. Reese is making the decision.
莉安娜,拜托,里斯自己在做决定
He went out to take a walk.
他出去走了走
Why? Clear his head.
干吗,整理思绪
I meant Maybe get a panini.
我是说...说不定去吃个意式三文治
I meant why are you letting Reese make the decision?
我是说为什么你让里斯做决定
'Cause I'm not really sure Elizabeth Windsor
因为我不太确定伊丽莎白二世
is the world's greatest mom.
是世界上最伟大的母亲
I mean, why doesn't she just give her son the throne?
为什么她不直接把王位给她儿子
On the other hand, I think being queen is what keeps her alive.
但话说回来,做女王是她活下去的动力
But doesn't she want to be alive to see her son be king?
但是,难道她不想活着见到他儿子变成国王
Except that that's not how it works.
可惜的是,规矩不允许
It's prince by birth, king by death. Yet
出生既为王子,现任死了才能做国王,但是
Do you have any idea what you're talking about right now?
你知不知道现在到底在说什么
Don't think I do, no.
别以为我知道,我不知道
But I want to see how Reese handles this.
但是我想看看里斯如何处理
He's already told us how he's gonna
他已经告诉我们他要...
Okay.
好吧
I'm relieved.
我解脱了
I can tell.
能看出来
Enjoy the party.
享受派对吧
Oh, my God!
我的天哪
I'm sorry. Are you all right?
抱歉,你没事吧
I'm sorry. It was my fault.
抱歉,这是我的错
I wasn't looking. Did I hurt you?
我没看见,我伤到你了吗
No, no, I'm fine.
没事,我没事
Have we met? You look familiar.
我们见过吗,你看起来很脸熟
I'm Maggie Jordan's roommate.
我是玛姬·乔丹的室友
Sure. I'm Lisa.
对了,我叫利萨
Lisa.
利萨
I'm sorry, Lisa. Are you all okay?
抱歉,利萨,你没事吧
Yes. Okay.
好吧,好吧
Oh, Mr. Skinner, could I ask you a favor?
斯金纳先生,能帮我个忙吗
Would you mind not mentioning
你能不能别告诉
to Jim Harper that I'm working up here tonight?
吉姆·哈珀,我今晚在这工作
Yeah, sure. Why would I mention it to Jim?
好啊,为什么我会告诉他
Oh, 'cause you guys were got it.
对,因为你们俩...明白了
Thank you.
谢谢
We're ready to make an important projection
我们即将做出一个重大的预测
At 9:25 with 27% of the vote counted.
9点25分,已有27%的票数被统计
ACN is projecting that Pennsylvania
ACN预测宾夕法尼亚
will be won by the president.
将被总统收入囊中
Pennsylvania, a crucial battleground state
宾州是一个重要的摇摆州
which was won by the president
四年前总统赢得了他们的支持
four years ago, will stay in his column.
而今天它仍将站在总统这边
Suzannah Marquez is on the scene for us
苏珊娜·马克兹此刻正在
at Obama headquarters in Chicago.
奥巴马的芝加哥大本营带来报道
Suzannah, was this much of a surprise where you are?
苏珊娜,那里的人对此表现得惊喜吗
Will, they're not surprised,
威尔,他们并不惊讶
but they're certainly relieved.
但确实松了一口气
This was a state President Obama was determined to hold
这是奥巴马总统志在顶住罗姆尼州长
against a late push from Governor Romney to take it.
最近的攻势而守住的一州
There's also something instructive in these numbers.
我们也可以读到这些数据背后隐藏的涵义
According to senior campaign
据一位与我整日保有联系的
officials I've been speaking to all day...
竞选团队高级官员说...
It's not from you? Mmmm.
不是你递的吗,不是
...was the high AfricanAmerican turnout.
...有赖于黑人的高投票率,莉安娜让里斯决定
And that's a pattern they said
他们说这一情况
they've been seeing in a number of states today.
今日在许多州都有所见
But, of course, the night
但毋庸置疑,现在为时尚早
is early and we'll have much more later.
稍后我们会得到更多信息
Will? Thank you, Suzannah Marquez.
威尔,感谢苏珊娜·马克兹带来的报道
We'll be hearing more from
我们今晚将与你
you as the night moves on. Battleground update.
保持联系,更新摇摆州情况
Checking in with our other battleground states
来关注一下其他摇摆州的情况
in Florida with 84% of the vote in,
佛罗里达州已收到84%的选票
the race is as close as it gets
竞争十分激烈
with the president holding a 5049 lead.
总统现以50%比49%领先
It looks like... It's close.
看起来,太接近了
Hit refresh.
刷新一下
It just got closer.
更接近了
657 votes.
657票
Kathy? Very busy now, Jim.
凯西,忙着呢,吉姆
Can I see you one second?
能出来一下吗
I'll have to shield my eyes. Go ahead.
那我又要蒙上眼睛了,不用了
I'm not allowed to see other networks.
我不能看到其他预测
Just look down. Aim your gaze at the floor.
低头看地就行了
The Michigan first is getting tighter.
密西根一区越来越焦灼了
Benishek is only up by 600 votes.
贝尼什克只领先600票了
657.
657票
There was a moment in the race when it was 10, right?
竞选中总有一刻是一比零对吧
That's not yes, but And then the second vote got counted.
对,但是... 等到第二票计入统计
You're still confident he's going to win? Yes.
你仍然确定他会赢吗,是的
And you're just as confident he's going to win. 5149 red.
还像刚才一样确定吗, 51比49归红
Or, if you want to be more exact... I do.
你想要更准确的数据吗,我要
50.6 to 49.4.
50.6比49.4
That's literally as close as a race can be.
再激烈的竞争也不过如此吧
That's why we haven't called it. We did call it.
这就是为什么我们还没判定,我们可是已经判了
You called it. What's the abbreviation for Michigan?
你自己判定的,密西根的缩写是什么
MI. What's the abbreviation for Mississippi?
MI,密西西比呢
MISS. Okay, you're not here as an abbreviation expert. MISS
得了,你不是来当缩写专家的
I'm 100% confident in those abbreviations.
我对这些缩写100%确定
Go back in your lair.
回你老窝去吧啊
Jim. Yeah?
吉姆,什么事
Rachel Corey is on the phone and wants to talk to you.
瑞秋·科瑞打电话来找你
She's a pollster with the
他是贝尼什克竞选团队
Benishek campaign in the Michigan first.
在密歇根一区的民调员
Here it comes.
找上门了
Tam, will you transfer that call to Maggie's line?
塔玛你能把电话转到玛姬这线上吗
Yeah.
好的
This is Jim Harper.
这里是吉姆·哈珀
Jim, this is Rachel Corey
吉姆,这里是瑞秋·科瑞
with Dan Benishek's campaign in Michigan.
代表丹·贝尼什克在密西根的竞选团队
Congratulations! That's why I'm on the phone.
恭喜啊,我就是为这事打电话来的
ACN called the race a while ago, but no one else has.
ACN判定我们获胜好久了,别家却都没报
Well, I can't speak for the other networks,
我不能代表其他电视台
but ACN has the congressman holding his seat.
但ACN确定议员保住了他的位子
Our numbers show he's only up by 600 votes.
我们的数据显示他只领先600票
657. 632.
657票,632了
What the hell is going on, Jim?
到底怎么回事啊,吉姆
Do I send my guy out to make a victory speech?
我能让候选人出去发表胜利演说了吗
I would.
我觉得能
Look, I don't want to kick you guys when you're down,
我也不想落井下石
but you haven't had the most awesome history of being right lately.
但你们最近的正确史可不是咋地啊
Well, first, you can't bounce the words history and lately
首先,历史和最近不能
off each other in the same sentence.
放在一句话里说
Also, in my entire time here covering national elections,
再有,我参与报道的所有选举中
ACN hasn't missed a single call.
ACN没有报错过一个
How many elections have you been there for?
你参与了几次啊
This is my second.
这是第二次
Did we win the election or not? You did.
我们到底赢没赢,赢了
Then why has no one else called it?
那为什么别家不判
You're forcing me to brag, but it may just be
你这是在逼我吹嘘啊
that we have better people working the numbers.
很可能是因为我们的数据专家更牛
You won't be offended if we
如果我们要等别家判了
wait until someone else has called it, will you?
再宣布我们获胜,你不会生气吧
No, ma'am. I am a little offended.
不会的,女士,我确实有点生气
Even though you're lying? She doesn't know that.
即便你说了谎,可她不知道啊
We've got a problem upstairs. At the party?
楼上出了点状况,派对吗
The guests were supposed
客人们应该上交手机
to hand over their phones and someone didn't,
但有个人没交
because they tweeted a picture.
因为他"推"了一张照片
There are people up there who are hearing information we don't want leaked.
楼上有人听到了我们不想泄露的信息
And also this is a shot of Charlie
这还有一张查理在楼上
on the floor with broken champagne glasses,
打翻了香槟酒杯的照片
which isn't the best optic for us right now.
这对我们来说很不利啊
I don't have the muscle to get security to That's Lisa.
我没资格叫保安...这是利萨啊
Kneeling on the floor, that's Lisa. That is Lisa.
跪在地上那个是利萨啊,是利萨
She didn't want you to know she was here tonight.
她不想让你知道她今晚在这
She's been working for a caterer to earn extra money.
她给一个酒席供应商打工赚外快
Why didn't she want me to know she was here?
为什么她不想让我知道她在这
This is where I'm gonna check out.
听到这我就该闪人了
But someone upstairs has a phone and they're using it.
但楼上有人正用着手机呢
You know, it might be a
我觉得这可能是个
good time for you guys to patch things up.
你俩冰释前嫌的好机会
You really think this is a good time?
你真这么想的吗
What if none of us are here tomorrow?
这可能是我们最后一天在这工作了
599.
599了
Checking back in with our analysts.
话题转回我们的分析师
Taylor, you've been looking over the exits and working your phone.
泰勒,你一直在看出口民调和你的手机
Tell us what you're seeing and hearing.
跟我们说说你都得知了那些信息
We're seeing movement in Florida.
我们看到了佛罗里达州的动向
The last exit polls showed Mitt Romney up by three.
上一个的民调显示米特·罗姆尼领先三个百分点
The latest show the president up by one. So that's a fluid race.
而最近的显示总统以一个百分点领先,情势还不明朗
But senior campaign sources in Boston
但波士顿的竞选高层告诉我
are telling me they like the precinct breakdown.
选区数据对它们很有利
The Romney people still feeling good about Florida?
罗姆尼团队仍然对佛州很有信心吗
Take us to break. Florida and Ohio.
进段广告,佛罗里达和俄亥俄
And hopefully we'll be able
希望我们能尽快
to bring those calls to you soon.
向您汇报结果
But right now, what we know is that Pennsylvania,
但现在我们所掌握的有,宾夕法尼亚
the first of the big contested states...
大竞选州中第一个...
Play in and stand by animation. Standing.
切入,动画准备,就位
Stay tuned for more of ACN's continuing coverage
敬请期待ACN对
of Election Night 2012.
2012大选之夜的持续报道
We're out.
结束
Two minutes back. That's two and no change.
两分钟,两分钟,没有余数
Will, we're ready to call the House for the Republicans.
威尔,我们判定共和党拿下了众议院多数席位
All right, I'll take care of things out here.
好的,这边我来办
You do it in there. Take care of what things?
你负责办好你那里,办什么啊
Come sit in this chair.
过来坐这个椅子上
Why?
为什么
When we come back from commercial, you're gonna call the House
广告回来,你来判定共和党
for the Republicans and go to Sloan for the breakdown.
拿下众议院多数席位,然后交给斯隆进行分析
Where are you going? I'm taking a break.
那你干嘛,我休息一下
What do you mean, you're taking
什么意思啊,休息一下
I want our audience to get used to seeing you break big news.
我想让观众们习惯看你报道重大新闻
That's not gonna be necessary.
这没必要
Take the chair. No.
坐这来,不
Then there's gonna be a camera pointed at an empty chair.
那一会摄像机就会对着一把空椅子
Oh, fuck. Will!
该死,威尔
Don. Yeah?
唐,啥事
We're gonna call the House after the break.
广告回来,判定众议院多数席位
We've got Boehner, Cantor, and Pelosi,
已联系到博纳,坎特,佩洛西(众议院的前三把交椅)
but we have to wait in line for a while, so you'll need to vamp.
但还要等一会,你得即兴编词了
You'll need to vamp. I'm gonna step out of the room.
是你得即兴编词了,我要出去了
60 seconds back. What?
60秒后直播,什么
You've got your cards, you've got your producers,
你手上有记录,有制片人
you've got Elliot at the desk.
主播台上有埃利奥特
What's happening right now?
到底怎么回事
We just want to show Reese and Leona you guys are good at this.
我们想让里斯和莉安娜看到你们能做得很好
You guys are good at this. See you in eight minutes.
你们能做得很好, 8分钟后见
The Republicans are keeping the House. Let's get that graphic up.
共和党保住了众议院,打上去
G0445 standing. Elliot.
G0445号带准备,埃利奥特
I'm here.
我在呢
You're gonna ask Sloan how we're able to make that call.
你要问斯隆我们判定的凭据
Copy. Sloan, most of the competitive House races
收到,斯隆,说大多数竞争激烈的席位
were in states where polls closed at 8:00.
都集中在8点钟结束投票的州里
Republicans were ahead in 12, Democrats in three,
共和党在其中12场领先,民主党只有3场
and that's how we're able to call it.
这就是判定的凭据
You copy? This is getting out of hand.
收到吗,这简直失控了
Ah, don't worry about that right now, okay?
现在别担心这个了
Copy.
收到
Welcome back.
欢迎回来
We are ready to make a big call.
我们将做出一个重大判定
ACN's ready to project that the Republican Party
ACN预测共和党
will be the majority party in the House of Representatives
将在接下来的至少两年中
for at least two more years.
成为众议院多数党
So far, so good.
还不错
ACN is projecting at this time that the Republicans
ACN现在预测共和党
will hold on to the majority of the House.
将继续掌握众议院多数席位
We'll be speaking with
我们马上将和
Majority Leader Eric Cantor in just a moment.
多数党领袖,埃里克·坎特连线
But before we do, Sloan Sabbith,
在那之前,斯隆·莎碧斯
you've been reviewing all the information as far as the House is concerned.
你一直在关注所有众议院竞选的信息
You've been speaking with our decision desk.
也一直和我们的决策台交流
How are we able to call this?
能告诉我们这一判定是怎么来的吗
Well, Elliot, the Democrats
埃利奥特,民主党
needed a net gain of 25 seats to take the House
需要增加至少25个席位才能拿下众议院
and 20 of the most competitive races closed at 8:00.
而20个争夺最激烈的席位,已在8点完成投票
I was wrong to think the reason you weren't firing me was vanity.
我以为你不解雇我是为了虚荣心,是我错了
I was wrong to think the reason
我以为你不解雇我
you weren't firing me was that it would look bad.
是为了面子上过得去,我错了
I'm sorry for that.
对不起
You want your job back?
你想让我收回解雇吗
I don't think it'll make that much difference now.
我觉得没区别
Charlie told me Leona is letting Reese make the decision.
查理跟我说莉安娜要让里斯决定
Yeah.
是啊
I tried to explain it
从我第一天来,第一秒见你
my first day here the second I saw you.
我就想解释
Do you remember?
记得吗
I was hung up on him because he had rejected me.
我放不下是因为他拒绝过我
That's normal.
这很正常
I liked that he hated I was dating you.
看他不喜欢我和你约会让我很高兴
We weren't just dating.
咱俩不仅仅是在约会而已
Later. We weren't just dating later.
那是之后,后来咱俩不只是在约会
At the beginning we were, though.
最初咱俩确实只是在约会
And I was using you to get,
我利用你来...
you know.
你明白的
And then I fell in love with you
接着我爱上了你
and I never saw him again.
就再也没有去见他了
And if I hadn't told you,
如果我不告诉你真相
you'd never have known.
你永远都不会知道
So why did you tell me?
那你为什么要告诉我
If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't,
如果一切可以重来,我不会告诉你
but I had never been in a relationship as serious as ours
我以前从来没有如此认真的感情
and I thought it was what I was supposed to do.
我以为我就该这样做的
You sure you didn't tell me 'cause you wanted to break up?
你确定你不告诉我是因为你想分手吗
Oh, fuck you.
去你的吧
It's a reasonable Yeah, I'm sure.
这是个合理的...对,我确定
Are you sure you're not just a massive bag of douche?
你确定你不是个彻头彻尾的白痴吗
'Cause let me tell you something, it's just plain weird
我这么说吧,你当时的做法很奇葩
that you were prepared to marry me,
你准备和我结婚
that you'd bought a ring,
买了枚戒指
but were unwilling to read any of my emails
但却不想看我写给你的邮件
or answer any of my calls.
不回我的电话
Yeah, I'm sorry for this, but the ring was a practical joke.
是,我很抱歉,戒指只是个恶作剧
You were having the staff vet me, remember?
你让他们查我,记得吧
I knew you were gonna find the offer
我知道你会找到
from when we were together
当我们还在一起时
for me to do something on the West Coast.
请我去西海岸工作的邀请
I knew you were gonna come into the office waving it and saying,
我知道你会到办公室来晃着邀请说
"Aha, you were never as serious as you said,
你可没有像你说的那样认真
'cause if you were, you'd have told me about a job
如果有的话,你不会不告诉我
you were considering on the other side of the country."
你打算去美国的另一边工作了
And that's what happened.
事实上还真就发生了
You know, I heard, "The ring was a practical joke..."
我听到"戒指是个恶作剧"后
and then I didn't hear anything after that.
下面的话什么都没听进去
It wasn't a joke. It was a rejoinder. It wasn't a joke.
不是恶作剧,是个反驳,不是恶作剧
You took out a ring and showed it to me
你拿出一枚戒指给我看
as proof that your intention had been to marry me.
证明你曾想过要娶我
I bought the ring that morning.
我是那天早上买的戒指
Scott's assistant did.
斯考特的助理买的
Your agent's assistant went to Tiffany's
你代理人的助理那天早上
and bought the ring that morning?
去蒂凡尼买了那枚戒指
Yes. I'm sorry. And you were never supposed to know.
是,我很抱歉,你本来不会知道的
So I get the irony and I am really sorry.
我知道这很讽刺,真得很抱歉
That ring had to have cost a quarter of a million dollars.
那枚戒指得花掉25万美元
I'm not really sure.
我不清楚
We returned it that afternoon.
那天下午就退回去了
I asked them to get a nice one.
我让他们买枚漂亮的
You once described a ring you saw in a movie.
你有次跟我说过你在电影里看到的戒指
Okay. Mac.
好了,麦肯
You know, no kidding. I'm gonna step away.
别开玩笑,我要出去了
Hang on. Because the thing is I'm serious.
等下,我是很认真的
I feel like I'm gonna hit you and you have to be back on the air.
我觉得我会打你,而你还得上节目
You're not going to hit me. I'm worried that I am.
你不会打我的,我担心我会
And I'm the executive producer of the show.
我是这个节目的执行制片
I can defend my
我能挡得住
Stand on the other side of the room.
去那边站着
This is stupid. There is a reasonable chance,
太傻了,我很有可能
a credible threat that I'm gonna hit you
我很确信会打你的
and I don't want you to have a bloody lip
我不想让你广告后回到节目上
when we come back from commercial.
嘴角上挂着血
That should make sense to you.
这你应该明白吧
Like I said, if I ever thought
像我说的,如果我曾认为
there was a chance you'd find out...
你会发现...
You just told me!
你自己刚刚告诉我的
I brutally hurt you and that's a fact.
我很残忍地伤害了你,那是事实
And facts don't change. But in my lifetime...
事实不会改变,但在我的人生中
I've never done it intentionally.
我从来没有故意伤害你
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
Recap the House and then look at Colorado when we come back.
广告回来后,回顾众议院,接着讨论科罗拉多
Yeah.
好的
Did you find out anything? Yes.
查到什么了吗,查到了
A woman at the auction management company
一个拍卖管理公司的女人
was moved by your story
被你的故事打动了
and a little concerned about going to jail for fraud,
同时有点害怕会因诈骗而坐牢
so she was happy
所以她很乐意
to fax over the name and contact information
把拍下假签名书那人的
of the person who bought the forged book,
姓名和联系方式传真过来
but you're not gonna be happy.
但你是不会开心起来的
Was it bought by an inmate?
是个犯人买的
I have a small, slightly disturbed following among whitecollar criminals.
我的信众里有一小撮是白领罪犯
The book was bought by Sidney Falco.
书是被西德尼·法尔科买去的
I don't know who that is. It's Tony Curtis.
我不认识这人,也就是托尼·柯尔提斯
Sidney Falco is a character from "Sweet Smell of Success."
西德尼·法尔科是电影《成功的滋味》里的角色
The highest bid was anonymous?
最高出价人是匿名的
All the bids are anonymous.
所有出价人都是匿名的
Joe Gillis is "Sunset Boulevard."
乔·吉利斯是《日落大道》里的角色
Walter Neff from "Double Indemnity."
沃尔特·奈夫来自《双倍赔偿》
Archibald Craven from "The Secret Garden."
阿奇博尔德·柯瑞文是《秘密花园》里的
I don't understand this at all.
我一点头绪也没有
Someone wanted to create
有人想要制造
the impression of a bidding war.
拍卖竞争的假象
So a total of nobody bid on the book?
所以其实根本没人竞拍这本书
Except Sidney Falco from "Sweet Smell of Success"
除了《成功的滋味》里的西德尼·法尔科
who, for some reason,
他出于某种原因
bid himself up with other fictional characters.
与其他虚构的角色竞争
Who cares? Someone gave $1,000 to Sandy relief
谁在乎,有人出一千美元来给桑迪救灾
and they think they have your signature.
并认为书上是你的亲笔签名
I'm gonna get to the bottom of this.
我要把这事彻底查清
You're at the bottom.
你已经查清了
There are clues here. I don't think so.
这里有线索,我没觉得有
There could be clues. There aren't.
可能存在线索的,不存在
And you don't want to start looking for anagrams
你不会是想做字母易位...
Let's start looking for anagrams of Sidney Falco
先把西德尼·法尔科这名字做字母易位
and "Sweet Smell of Success."
还有《成功的滋味》
Okay.
好吧
I got your text.
我收到你的短信了
I've decided to countersue Jerry. Of course.
我决定反诉杰利,是吗
I'm fighting back. What are you suing him for?
我要反击,诉讼原因
To fight back. I meant exactly what are you
为了反击,我是说你具体告他什么...
You ready? I'm sorry?
准备好了吗,什么
I said you ready? Give it to me.
我说你准备好了吗,说吧
Intentional affliction of emotional distress.
蓄意导致他人情感痛苦
How do you even know? I Googled it.
你怎么会知道,谷歌上查的
There are four elements. One: he acted intentionally.
有四个元素,一,他的行为是蓄意为之
By doctoring the tape.
他剪辑了带子
Two: his conduct was extreme and outrageous.
二,行为极端不可接受
He doctored the tape. Three: you suffered distress.
他剪辑了带子,三,你承受了痛苦
I am in extreme distress.
我现在极度痛苦
And four: his act caused your distress.
四,你的痛苦由他造成
He doctored the motherfucking tape, Rebecca.
他他妈的剪辑了带子,丽贝卡
You sound upset. Do I?
你听上去很沮丧,是吧
He doctored the tape and he gets to sue us?
是他剪辑了带子,反倒起诉我们
I gave him a bad job recommendation 'cause he doctored the tape
因为他剪辑了带子我才没给他好的工作推荐
and he gets to sue me?
他倒来起诉我
The people who want tort reform, they got a point. Yes.
想要改革侵权法的人做得对,确实
The things you're allowed to sue for and be taken seriously.
看看这些可以拿来诉讼还能被人当回事的东西
And so we come facetoface
让我们正面了解
with just how stupid lawyers worry we are.
到底律师以为我们有多蠢
I lost you in the middle of that.
中间那句没明白
You know what it says on a box of chocolate pudding mix?
你知道巧克力布丁盒子上写什么吗
"Caution, pudding will get hot when heated."
"小心,布丁加热后会变热"
Go to a hotel,
去住宾馆
you know what it says on the shower cap in the bathroom?
你知道浴室里的浴帽上写什么吗
"Fits one head."
"只适合一颗脑袋"
You wear a shower cap? I read.
你带浴帽吗, 我读了说明
And I'm dying to know the suit
我就想知道是什么案子
that prompted lawyers to insist on the shower cap directions.
能让律师们坚持给浴帽写使用说明
Look at the box your iron came in.
看看你熨斗的包装
It says, "Warning, do not iron clothes while wearing them."
写着, "警告,不要穿着衣服时熨烫"
Do we really have to slow down for these people?
我们真的要因为这些人而放慢脚步吗
Leona's leaving the decision to Reese.
莉安娜把决定权交给里斯了
I know.
我知道
That's not what you wanted.
那不是你想要的
I don't know what I want.
我不知道我想要什么
I want to keep doing the news.
我想要继续做新闻
Here.
在这里
With Elliot for Charlie.
和埃利奥特一起在查理手下做新闻
I want to keep arguing with Mac and Will.
我想和麦肯和威尔继续争辩讨论
I want Dantana to iron his clothes while wearing them.
我想让丹塔纳熨正穿在身上的衣服
Could I get another Grey Goose on the rocks with three olives?
我能来再一杯灰雁伏特加加冰加三颗橄榄吗
Sure. And you can just bring me some more champagne
当然,如果香槟没全被你的衣服吸收了
if it hasn't all been soaked up by your clothes.
就帮我再拿一些来吧
No, there's plenty more. Just joking with you.
没有,还有很多,开个玩笑
I'll be right back. Okay.
马上来,好的
Don't shoot.
别开枪
Charlie Skinner wasn't supposed to tell you I was here.
查理·斯金纳不该告诉你我在这里的
He didn't. Someone tweeted a picture of you on the floor.
他没说,有人推特了你蹲在地上的照片
The center of gravity on champagne glasses is too high.
香槟杯子的重心太高了
That's what I've always said.
我总是这么说的
And what happened to the oldfashioned ones from the movies?
电影里的老式酒杯都去哪了
They're too wide. They let the bubbles out.
杯口太宽,把气泡都放走了
I'm working right now.
我在工作
Yeah, Maggie said you were working for a caterer.
对,玛姬说你给酒席供应商打工
On the side. I still work at the store.
作为兼职,我还在店里工作的
It was good seeing you.
很高兴见到你
I just have a minute. We're waiting for some Senate information.
我只有一分钟,我们在等参议院的消息
I think Sherrod Brown is gonna keep his seat
我想谢罗德·布朗会保住他的位置
and it's looking like McCaskill's gonna beat Todd Akin.
看起来麦卡斯吉尔将会打败托德·艾金
Do you know how frustrating this is? Careful.
你知道这有多令人沮丧吗,小心
I want to kick your ass right now,
我想现在扁你一顿
but I can't 'cause everyone else is. There's no room.
但我不能,你已经被揍惨了,我没处下手
So I have to feel bad for you instead.
我只能在心里可怜你了
If those are the only choices, I'd rather you kick my ass.
如果只有两个选择,我宁愿你扁我一顿
You don't get to decide. You know why? I do.
不由你决定,知道为何吗,知道
Do you remember standing in front of me and swearing... Yes.
你记得站在我面前发誓,我记得
...swearing that you didn't have feelings I meant it.
发誓你对...没有感觉,我是认真的
You know that I found out
你知道我是从那个
from that fucking YouTube video, you asshole?
他妈的YouTube视频上知道的吗
I don't think there's a way it could have been worse.
我知道没有比这更糟的了
Excuse me, Lisa. Is there a problem? No.
抱歉,利萨,有问题吗,没有
It seems like there is because you're speaking rudely to a guest.
看起来有,因为你和客人讲话很粗鲁
And the incident earlier,
还有之前的小插曲
that man was the president There's no problem.
那人是主席,没有问题
And considering the circumstances, she's being remarkably polite.
考虑到实际情况,她已经很有礼貌了
On the other hand, one of your servers is tweeting pictures
另一方面,您的一个服务生在推派对照片
from the party and you signed a confidentiality agreement.
而您是签了保密协议的
Well, if that's true, it's serious.
如果是真的,这事可严重了
It is. I'll take care of it.
是实情,我会处理的
Lisa, please be working. I'm coming now.
利萨,请去工作,我马上来
How do you know it was one of the servers?
你怎么知道是服务生发的
It probably wasn't. I have to go.
可能不是,我得走了
I meant it. When I stood in front of you
我是认真的,我站在你的面前
and when I swore, I meant it.
发誓的时候,我是认真的
I believe you. Do you?
我相信你,真的吗
Yes, it wasn't till after
是的,直到你
you got to know me that you rejected me.
了解我之后拒绝了我
Champagne? No, thank you, I'm good.
香槟,不了,谢谢
I didn't reject you.
我没有拒绝你
And there isn't a way it could have been worse.
也没有更坏的情况了
Grey Goose up, three olives.
灰雁伏特加,三颗橄榄
Because at that point, my worst fear was realized.
因为在那个时刻,我最害怕的事情发生了
Spiders? You get a kick out of yourself, don't you?
蜘蛛吗,你觉得很好笑是吗
I actually ordered this on the rocks.
我点的是加冰块的
My fault. I'll fix that.
我的错,我会解决
She got the number of olives right. She's making progress.
她放对橄榄了,也算进步了
What was that? I beg your pardon?
你说什么,你说什么
Jim.
吉姆
I don't know what your worst fear is.
我不知道你最害怕什么
That you think I'm stupid.
我最害怕你当我是笨蛋
And stop trying to make up for it by defending my honor
别想着在一个你能打扁的人面前
to a guy you can obviously beat the shit out of.
维护我了,这弥补不了什么
Stop. I can't.
站住,不行
Do you think I think you're stupid?
你认为我觉得你是笨蛋
I have to circulate. The whole time you thought
我必须得传酒,一直以来你都以为
I'm smart enough to know that I'm not smart enough.
我聪明到可以意识到自己的愚蠢
For what? You.
为什么,你
Stop walking. Can we drop it?
别走了,我们能不说了吗
Lisa.
利萨
I don't get you. Maggie is downstairs being a news producer.
我没明白你要说什么,玛姬在楼下当新闻制片人
Your new girlfriend's in Boston covering
你的新女友在波士顿
a presidential candidate for her own website.
为她自己的网站报道总统候选人
And I'm up here passing out drinks. What evidence
而我在这倒酒,什么证据
You're working two jobs.
你打两份工
You're thoughtful and you're authentic.
你很体贴而且真实
And I have never seen you sneer at anyone or anything.
我也从来没见过你嘲笑过任何人任何事
There is, believe me, no one that you're not good enough for
相信我,没有你配不上的人
and there is hardly anyone who's good enough for you,
而且大部分人都配不上你
including, it turned out, me.
当然,这样也就包括了我
I'm about to turn 30.
我马上就要奔三了
And you could just as easily be someone's date here tonight
而你能很容易的在今晚这群人里找到人和你约会
or married to their black Am Ex.
或者嫁给他们的黑色贵宾美国运通卡
If they can make me laugh, I'd take a green one.
如果他们能让我笑,我会选绿色的
Did Maggie cut her own hair?
玛姬是自己剪的头发吗
I don't speak to Maggie. You live in the same apartment.
我不和玛姬说话,你们住在同一套公寓里
We have our own lives. Champagne?
我们有自己的生活,要香槟吗
Strictly speaking, champagne should be poured
严格意义上来讲,香槟应该在
immediately after the bottle's been uncorked,
开瓶后立即倒到酒杯里
but because you're very beautiful, I'll make an exception.
但是因为你很漂亮,我决定破次例
Yeah, yeah. Take the glass.
行了,行了,赶紧拿杯子
Maggie's in bad shape. I don't care.
玛姬现在状态不好,我不关心
I don't speak to Maggie. Please change that policy.
我不和玛姬说话,拜托你改变一下政策
No. She's in bad shape.
不,她现在状态很差
Because you're dating that reporter from the bus?
因为你在和大巴上的那个记者约会
It's hard for me to sympathize. Not because of me.
这让我很难产生同情心,不是因为我
Because of Africa. What do you mean?
因为非洲,什么意思
I don't care. Champagne?
我不关心,要香槟吗
They don't want champagne.
他们不想要香槟
Are you saying Maggie didn't tell you what happened in Uganda?
你是说玛姬没告诉你在乌干达发生的事情吗
No. And again, I don't care.
没有,再说一遍,我不关心
Did she get hurt?
她受到伤害了吗
Did somebody what are you saying?
有人,你在说什么
You have to ask her.
你得自己去问她
I can't tell you if she doesn't want you to know.
如果她不想让你知道,那我也没法告诉你
But she wants you to know, so you have to ask her.
如果她想告诉你,你就要自己去问她
No.
不
Did she cut her own hair off?
是她自己剪的头发吗
There was hair on the bathroom floor.
厕所地板上有头发
We're gonna make the Senate call in Missouri and Ohio
我们会判定密苏里和俄亥俄的参议院选举结果
and we'll be throwing it to DC in 10 or 11 minutes.
然后在10到11分钟后转到华盛顿画面
Copy. But if we're able to call Florida,
收到,但如果我们不能判定佛罗里达的结果
or for that matter, the race, just send it back.
或者因此不能判定选举的结果,把结果发回来
You're not gonna let DC call the race?
你不打算让华盛顿宣布判定结果
Just send it back.
只管发回来
We'll try not to drop sarin gas on anyone while we do.
我们发回去的时候会尽量不投放沙林毒气的
If you've got something to say, Jane, you should say it to me
简,你有话应该对我说
and not to the people in this control room
而不是控制室里的人
who simply did what I told them to do and did it well.
这些人只是听从我的命令并很好的完成了工作
And I have people here who
而我这里的人
could live without Genoa on their resumes,
简历里没有热那亚的字样还能活下去
so I'm not sure from where you
我不知道你从哪来的勇气
get the nerve to insist that Will call the race.
让威尔判定选举结果
I get the nerve from my mother.
我从我妈那遗传的
But for the record, it was a DC producer
但是先说明,制造假新闻的
who committed journalistic malpractice.
是来自华盛顿的制片人
And if I were you, I'd be going through every story
如果我是你,我会一帧一帧地检查
he ever produced for you frame by frame
他为你制作的每一条新闻
to find out what else he's cooked along the way.
来看看他还有什么新闻是造假
Good advice. Let me know if you have any recommendations
好建议,等我接手威尔在纽约的工作时
for your job when I take Will's chair in New York.
一定给我推荐一个接替你工作的人选
It's Charlie Skinner, Jane.
我是查理·斯金纳,简
Send it back to New York when Mac tells you to.
听麦肯的指示把画面转回纽约
Copy that. The desk says go on Senate.
收到,决策台说参议院的结果出了
We're ready to go on the Senate. McCaskill and Brown.
参议院的结果出了,麦卡斯基和布朗
Because this is something that needs to be kept in mind.
因为这是你应该牢记的事情
The entire world Sorry, we're gonna make an important call.
整个世界,抱歉,我们有一个重要判定要宣布
Two big races in the US Senate.
美国参议院的两个重量级选举
ACN is projecting that in Ohio, Sherrod Brown,
ACN预测俄亥俄的谢罗德·布朗
the Democratic incumbent, will be reelected
民主党现任参议员,将会获得连任
and Claire McCaskill, the Democrat from Missouri,
克莱尔·麦卡斯基,来自密苏里的民主党人
will keep her seat as well.
也会获得连任
Elliot, what does that mean for the Senate?
埃利奥特,这对于参议院来说意味着什么
It's now mathematically impossible for the Republicans to take control of the Senate,
现在,共和党已彻底无望控制参议院了
even if Romney wins tonight and Paul Ryan becomes the tiebreaker.
哪怕罗姆尼今晚获胜,保罗·瑞恩投下关键票
So we're projecting now that Harry Reid
所以我们预测哈里·瑞德
will stay in the majority leader's office.
会继续出任多数党领袖
Taylor, should the Democrats be sending the Tea Party
泰勒,民主党人是不是应该
a basket of mini muffins and a thankyou card for that?
给茶党送上一篮小松饼和感谢贺卡呢
I think the Democrats have a lot of gift baskets to hand out.
我觉得民主党人肯定有很多礼品篮要送
Chris Christie, the media
克里斯·克里斯蒂,媒体
Whoa. Okay. Hold the phone.
天呢,等等,等等
I can feel warmth about to happen.
我感觉到有激烈的对话要发生了
What media are you talking about when you say media?
你说媒体是指什么媒体
'Cause there are a lot of us. ACN? Yes.
因为有很多个媒体, ACN吗,是的
Ah, well. Please continue.
好的,请继续
I worked in the Romney press shop
我曾在罗姆尼的媒体部门工作
and I can tell you that on average over the last six months,
我可以告诉你,在过去六个月的时间里
"News Night" did 14 negative stories
"晚间新闻"报道的共和党负面新闻
about Republicans to every one...
是对民主党负面新闻的14倍
Hey, Molly. It's New York.
莫里,这里是纽约
Copy. Coming to you shortly. Stand by.
收到,马上到你了,准备好
If Republicans do 14 crazy things in a month,
如果共和党人在一个月里干了14件疯事
does that mean the unbiased thing to do
难道我们为了公正
would be for us to concoct 13 additional crazy Democrat stories?
就得捏造出13件民主党人做的疯事吗
Are we doing this now? We're doing this.
我们现在正在这样做吗,我们正在这样做
Go to Molly in St. Louis.
转到圣路易斯的莫里
Then let me give you another statistic.
让我给你另一组统计数据
Almost nobody No, we're going to St. Louis first.
几乎没有人,我们先转到圣路易斯
Okay. Molly Sadler is with the McCaskill campaign
好,莫里·塞勒此刻正在欧姆尼会议中心
at the Omni Convention Center.
跟踪报道麦卡斯基的竞选
Molly, do I have to ask what the mood is there?
莫里,我是否需要问问你那边的气氛如何
I would say the mood is jubilation, Will.
这边的气氛非常欢乐,威尔
Is there a chance I can get you to ask Hallie a favor for me?
你能否让哈莉帮我一个忙
What's the favor? I need her to post a story tonight.
什么忙,我需要她今晚发布一篇新闻
Which I've already written
我已经写下来了
about the effect the debates had on the outcome.
关于辩论对竞选结果影响的
In this story she quotes Mac, who's identified
在这篇新闻中,她援引麦肯的一段话
both as the EP of "News Night"
不仅作为"晚间新闻"的执行制片人
and a former president of the Cambridge Union.
同时也作为剑桥辩论社的前主席
That's the only way to get Wikipedia to change the entry?
这是唯一能让维基百科更改词条的办法吗
Yeah. Are you proud of your army of citizen journalists?
是的,你现在还对你的公民记者大军感到骄傲吗
Have you called any more elections on your own?
你又擅自判定其他的选举结果了吗
No. Just the one?
没有,只有一个
I'll ask her. But, you know, she's a little busy.
我会问她,但是,她有些忙
And ethical.
而且很有道德感
I'd like to do this for Mac tonight as a gift.
我帮麦肯这个忙,算是今晚给她的一个礼物
I'll do it when I have a minute.
等我有时间我就去
The left doesn't have a version of the Tea Party.
左派没有像茶党这样的组织
What's OWS?
那OWS呢
There wasn't an OWS candidate on the ballot tonight.
今晚没有OWS的候选人参选
The left's crazy people hardly ever run for office.
那些左派的疯狂人士几乎从来不参加竞选
And when they do, they don't win.
而且就算参加了,也赢不了
Who's Allen West on the left?
谁是左派的艾伦·韦斯特
" Who's Joe Walsh or Michele Bachmann?
谁是乔·沃尔什,米歇尔·巴赫曼
A 141 ratio of negative stories and your takeaway
14比1的负面新闻发生率,而你却认为
is that there's a problem with the storyteller.
是报道新闻的人错了
What are your thoughts about that, Taylor Warren?
你对此的看法是什么,泰勒·沃伦
Cannot remember the question. Any word from Reese?
想不起问题是什么了,里斯有消息吗
He's still walking. He's what?
他还在散步,他在干什么
He's walking.
散步
He's walking around the neighborhood with a Rockette.
陪一个大腿舞女郎在附近散步
Presumably trying to decide how to announce the personnel changes
大概是在想怎么宣布人事决定
and how much money to pay Dantana to not file in the morning.
该花多少钱才能让丹塔纳明早不上诉
What's a Rockette? The dancers.
大腿舞女郎是什么,跳舞的
He's dating a Rockette. A real one.
他在和大腿舞女郎约会,货真价实的
Is there anything that'll convince you it wasn't your fault?
还有什么事能让你相信这不是你的错吗
Get together with Sloan and talk about
跟斯隆讨论一下
a 90second segment on income and voting preferences.
花90秒谈谈收入和投票倾向的联系
Okay, Jane, we're coming to you. If I can jump in...
好的,简,准备到你了,容我插句话
Let's go to DC for a whiparound on the Senate.
准备把画面转到华盛顿,继续报道参议院选情
I have to cut you off there and throw to Jane Barrow
我得打断你,把画面交给简·巴罗
and our panel in Washington.
和华盛顿的嘉宾
Jane, the Republicans will control the House
简,共和党将会控制众议院
and the Democrats will control the Senate.
民主党将会控制参议院
A billion dollars later, are we right back where we were?
花费十亿美元之后,我们又回到了原点吗
That's the question I want to put to our panel... We're out.
这正是我想要问的问题,结束了
DC has the con.
画面转给华盛顿
5:30 back.
5分30秒
No.
没有
No what?
没有什么
There's nothing that'll convince me.
没有什么事情能让我相信
I just got an email with an attachment.
我刚刚收到一封带有附件的邮件
From me? Yes.
我发的,是的
The attachment was an article about the effect of the debates on the election.
附件是一篇关于辩论对竞选影响的文章
Yeah. You know who wrote it?
是啊,你知道谁写的吗
Neal. Nope.
尼尔,不是
I can explain. The byline says I did.
我能解释,署名写的是我
He knew you were busy. What the hell is going on?
他知道你很忙,这是怎么回事
We need someone who doesn't work here to post an article
我们需要不在这里工作的一个人发表一篇文章
that contains the information that MacKenzie
里面要说明麦肯兹
was president of the Cambridge Union and not the Oxford Union
是剑桥辩论社的主席,而非牛津辩论社
so that Wikipedia would edit her page.
这样维基百科才会重新编辑她的页面
You know, now that I'm saying it Not until just now?
我这话说出口后,觉得...才觉得啊
What's the mood there? What's the mood there?
那边的情绪如何,那边的情绪如何
I know. I know. Okay, well, I have to go.
我知道,我知道,好了,我得走了
It's starting to sink in that they're gonna lose Florida.
大家开始认为,要输掉佛罗里达了
And between you and me, he didn't write a concession speech.
告诉你个秘密,他都没写败选演讲
Can I ask you something? I really do have to go.
我能问你点事吗,我真得走了
So do I, but...
我也是,但是
do I ever make you feel like you're dumb?
我有没有让你觉得自己很笨
Seriously, honey, what's going on there?
亲爱的,发生什么事了
I'm asking because I really like you and I don't want to blow it.
我这么问,因为我真心喜欢你,不想搞砸了
Well, first of all, you're not smart enough to make me feel like I'm dumb.
首先,你还没聪明到让我觉得自己笨的地步
I was hoping you'd say that.
我希望你会这么说
And I really like you, too. You're not blowing it.
我也真心喜欢你,你没搞砸
I knew there had to be a reason why I liked you so much.
我就知道,我那么喜欢你,是有原因的
'Cause just physically, you're hard to look at.
因为,相貌方面,你不咋地
You're not so much homely...Talk to you soon.
也不是不好看,拜拜
...as you are just weirdlooking.
只是长相有点怪异
Jim. Yeah?
吉姆,怎么
Maggie says to tell you they're 93 votes apart now
玛姬让我告诉你,只差93票了
and you'd know what that means.
她说你会明白
Thank you.
谢谢
The gender income gap starts at 50K.
性别收入分水岭在5万
Men 50K and above are breaking for Romney.
男性5万年薪以上的,倾向于罗姆尼
Women at 50200K were more likely to vote for the president.
而女性5万至20万年薪的,倾向于总统
And it's the top 1% of female earners that went red.
女性偏向共和党的,是收入最高的1%
Now here's where I'd like us to focus because this is crucial.
其中有一点非常关键
I'm sorry, but they need you.
打扰了,他们找你
They're calling Ohio. We're on our way.
要判俄亥俄了,我们马上来
You're back in 90 seconds. We'll pick this up after, okay?
你90秒后要直播,我们之后再谈吧
We're calling both, and we're ready to go to Chicago.
两个都要判,准备连线芝加哥
Tess. I'll get estimates from Boston.
特丝,我问一下波士顿的情况
Thank you. And let's get Ben standing by
谢谢,让本准备就绪
I don't see Sloan. Is that Sloan out there?
没见到斯隆,那人是斯隆吗
We'll go without her.
不等她了
We're calling it. Get in the studio.
马上要判了,快回演播室去
...go blue, and that takes the president to 262.
...归了蓝,令总统的票数达到262票
At that point, he has a lot of different roads to 270.
此时,他达到270票的途径有很多
Colorado, Florida, Ohio and Virginia in that scenario.
科罗拉多,佛罗里达,俄亥俄,弗吉尼亚
Any one of those states would throw the president over the top.
赢得其中任意一州,就能获胜
Getting Mitt Romney to 270 at this point seems very, very difficult.
此时,米特·罗姆尼达到270票则非常难
So the president's getting closer and closer to that magic number: 270.
总统正一步步逼近那决定性的数字,270
He's winning in the states he needs to win...
他在需要赢下的各州,都处于领先
What I have can't be taught. Get her in the chair!
此乃天赋,教不会的,让她做回椅子上
I mean, it really started in the last hour
在最后的时刻
when Florida started to slip away.
佛罗里达开始渐渐无望
We're hearing from very unhappy Republicans.
共和党人都很伤心
But right now we're going to Will McAvoy in New York
现在转向纽约演播室的威尔·麦卡沃伊
who's got a new projection. Will.
他又有预测可报,威尔
It's 11:14 in the East and ACN is able to project
现在是东部时间11点14分,ACN可以预测
that Barack Obama will be living in government housing
巴拉克·奥巴马将继续住在政府官邸
for the next four years.
又是四年
President Obama has been reelected president of the United States,
奥巴马总统已成功连任为美利坚总统
Ohio having just put him over the top.
俄亥俄的胜利,令他赢得选举
Once again, the ACN decision desk
特此重申,ACN决策台
is calling Ohio and the White House for President Barack Obama.
判定俄亥俄和白宫都归于巴拉克·奥巴马总统
We're gonna go live to Suzannah Marquez
下面连线苏珊娜·马克兹
and show you some images from Chicago where the celebration is under way.
向您展示芝加哥正在欢庆的人们
Will, as you can see,
威尔,如你所见
the news has gone through this crowd and the celebration has begun.
消息已传遍人群,欢庆已然开始
How about "Binders full of women"?
不如谈谈"几文件夹的女性"
Was the media response to "Binders full of women" in rational proportion?
媒体对"几文件夹的女性"的反应难道不夸张吗
That's a perfectly good question.
你问得很好
Thanks, I was asking it to you.
谢谢,我是向你发问的
And now he's losing.
他开始落后了
Why'd you cut your hair?
你为什么剪头发
I wanted a change.
想换换形象
I'm not crazy about it either.
我也不是很喜欢
The stylist kind of talked me into it.
发型师强烈推荐的
Maybe I'll get used to it. There wasn't a stylist.
也许久了就适应了,没有发型师
You cut it yourself.
你自己剪的
You cut off your hair and dyed it a different color.
你剪了自己的头发,然后染了新色
Lisa told me.
利萨说的
How would Lisa know?
利萨怎能知道
How did you not tell her what happened in Africa?
你怎么没告诉她非洲的事
Did you? No.
你告诉她了,没
Don't. How did you not tell your best friend?
别,你怎么不告诉你最好的朋友
It's been a year. And it's been a year since we were friends.
都已经一年了,我们绝交已经一年了
He's losing by 17 votes with 8,000 votes uncounted.
他现在落后17票,只剩八千票未统计了
Why did you cut your hair?
你为什么剪掉头发
He'd never seen blonde hair before.
他以前从没见过金发
While I was reading to him, he was playing with my hair.
我给他读故事时,他在玩我的头发
So I cut my hair.
所以我剪掉了头发
How'd it work? It didn't.
效果如何,毫无效果
Right.
对啊
I'm trying to find out where the uncounted votes are, but even if...
我想找出,未统计的票在什么区域,但就算...
Listen. Listen for a second.
你听我说
You went back into the building.
你跑回了楼里
You went back in there.
你跑了回去
You and Gary.
你和格雷
You pulled him out from under the bed.
你们把他从床底拽出来
You weren't going without him. He was safer under the bed.
你们不愿丢下他,他躲在床底更安全
Bullshit, Maggie.
胡扯,玛姬
You pulled him out and you carried him on your back to the bus.
你把他拽出来,背着他上车
What was your crime?
你错在哪了
You turned around when you heard Gary fall down.
你听见格雷摔倒后,转了身而已
There's a difference between being tough and wanting to be.
坚强和想要变得坚强,是两码事
You and Mac are tough.
你和麦肯都很坚强
Don's tough. I want to be.
唐很坚强,而我想变得坚强
You are.
你很坚强
You know when I first noticed you?
你知道我第一次注意到你,是什么时候
When I ran into the room and got tackled by Mac's luggage?
我跑进编辑室,被麦肯的行李绊倒时
Did you know...
你知道吗...
No. It was funny, but I didn't notice you until later.
不,那一幕很好笑,但我后来才注意到你
There was a beep. It was an iNews alert.
你听到一声"哔",是iNews的预警
But it was yellow.
但只是黄色预警
You've got a news alert.
有新闻预警
Nobody was paying attention to it. It was yellow.
没有人在意,只是黄色预警
You clicked on it anyway.
你还是点开看了
You couldn't help yourself.
你忍不住
You ran back into the building.
你跑回了楼里
He's dead and I'm alive.
他死了,而我还活着
That's what I'd keep in mind.
希望你能记住
It's after midnight now and I feel like I can ask a question.
已经过了午夜,有个问题我觉得可以问了
Sure. I meant to Will.
请问,我想问威尔
Yes.
好吧
Who did you vote for today?
你投给了谁
You know I'm not answering that.
你知道我不会回答的
I thought you might
我以为你会
because you revealed your party affiliation on the air last year.
因为你去年直播时,已表明了你的党派关系
I did. I identified myself as a Republican
是的,我表明我是共和党人
because I thought it was fair
为了公平起见
to give to the viewer given the commentary I was delivering.
在我发表言论前,有必要向观众坦白
A commentary that ended with
那番言论的最后
you calling the Tea Party the American Taliban.
你称茶党为美国塔利班
Yes. And in the body of the commentary
是的,而且那番言论的主体
was a blistering indictment of Republicans. Exactly the opposite.
是对共和党人的激烈批判,恰恰相反
It was a blistering indictment of people who aren't Republicans.
那是对非共和党人的激烈批判
Well, who's to say who is and who isn't?
谁有资格评判,谁是谁不是呢
On that night, I did.
那晚,我评判了
I want to remind you you asked me to pursue this area.
请你记得,是你要求我追问这方面问题的
I understand. And I'm wondering, with all respect,
我明白,无意冒犯,但我在想
do you call yourself a Republican
你自称是共和党人
so you can make a claim to credibility when you attack the GOP?
是否因为,从这角度攻击共和党,更令人可信
No, I call myself a Republican 'cause I am one.
不,我自称是共和党人,因为我是
I believe in market solutions
我相信市场化的解决方案
and I believe in common sense realities
我相信常识性的现实
and the necessity to defend ourselves
也相信有必要保卫自己
against a dangerous world and that's about it.
抵御危险的世界,就这些了
Problem is now I have to be homophobic.
问题是,我现在必须恐同
I have to count the number of times people go to church.
必须历数他人去教堂的次数
I have to deny facts and think scientific research is a long con.
必须否认事实,必须认为科学研究是骗局
I have to think poor people are getting a sweet ride.
必须认为穷人在白拿好处
And I have to have such a stunning inferiority complex
我必须心怀无比的劣等感
that I fear education and intellect
恐惧教育与智力
in the 21st century.
这是21世纪啊
But most of all, the biggest new requirement,
但主要的是,一条最大的新要求
really the only requirement,
其实也是唯一的要求
is that I have to hate Democrats.
那就是,我必须恨民主党人
And I have to hate Chris Christie
还必须痛恨克里斯·克里斯蒂
for not spitting on the president when he got off Air Force One.
因为总统下飞机时,他没朝总统吐唾沫
The twoparty system is crucial to the whole operation.
两党制对国家的运作至关重要
There's honor in being the loyal opposition.
做个忠诚的反对党,是荣誉
And I'm a Republican for the same reasons you are.
我加入共和党的原因跟你一样
So I hope your voice gets louder in the next four years.
所以我希望,今后四年,你的话语能越来越响
Well, I don't like losing, so count on it.
我不喜欢输的感觉,所以你不会失望
You know, just jumping on top of that idea...
顺便提一个相关的...
I'm sorry, Sloan. Come on!
抱歉,斯隆,啊啊啊
We're gonna go to Jane Barrow in Washington
现在转向华盛顿演播室的简·巴罗
for an update on some West Coast House races.
她将送上最新的西海岸众议院选情
Plenty more coverage coming tonight. Jane?
今晚还有不少结果要出,简
And clear. Are you doing it on purpose now?
切出,你故意的吧
No, it's just working out unbelievably well.
不是,实在太巧了而已
You ever read Jedediah Purdy, "For Common Things"?
你有没有读过杰迪戴亚·普尔迪的《共同的东西》
No.
没
He talks about cynical times.
他提到犬儒主义的时代
People having terminal irony with a studied refusal to hope or care openly.
人类的终极讽刺,故意且公开地摒弃希望和关心
Does that sound like us? No.
听着像我们吗,不像
No.
不像
Have you asked yourself tonight
你今晚有没有问过自己
why we never reported the Petraeus story?
为什么我们没有报道彼得雷乌斯
The Petraeus? Remember?
彼得雷乌斯,记得吗
David Petraeus is resigning on Thursday.
戴维·彼得雷乌斯将于周四辞职
We didn't report it. That's funny. I forgot.
我们没报,真好笑,我忘了
Yeah. It's because we never made the trade.
对,因为我们没有交易
The decision was that the other story
决定的理由是,另一则报道
had information voters needed, the Petraeus story didn't.
含有选民需要的信息,彼得雷乌斯故事没有
Not that many voters.
事关的选民不多
It would have affected maybe a few thousand, tops.
最多也就能影响到几千人
In one district, one seat.
事关一个选区,一个席位而已
As opposed to breaking two days early
另一边,我们能提早两天报道
what will be a giant story.
绝对是巨大新闻
Breaking it in front of an Election Night audience.
在大选之夜的观众面前,插播突发新闻
And the decision to decline the trade was made instantly
众人当即就决定拒绝交易
and unanimously.
且全票通过
Don pushed back reflexively,
唐出自本能地反对
but he came around in seven seconds.
但七秒后,他就想通了
Don.
唐啊
We've come a long way.
我们都成长了许多
I'm not resigning.
我不辞职了
And neither are you.
你也是
What, are we out of our fucking minds?
怎么,我们脑子进水了吗
Dantana doctored the tape. That's what happened, Will.
丹塔纳篡改了录像,这是真相,威尔
We know the truth and the mob doesn't.
我们了解真相,而无知群众并不了解
When did we decide it was an institutional failure?
我们何时承认这是机制问题
We waited 11 months.
我们等了11个月
We know people who would have gone
要知道换做别人,怕是在第二次
after the second red team meeting or even the first.
甚至第一次红队会议后就报道了
You agree with what I'm saying?
你同意我说的吗
I believe, except for the
我相信,除了我们做错的事情
things we did wrong, we did everything right.
我们做的一切都是对的
And I can't live with Mac taking the blame for
我不能忍受麦肯背黑锅
We'll get the audience's trust back.
我们要赢回观众的信任
Like Leona said,
如莉安娜所说的
we're gonna overcome the terminal irony
我们要克服这终极讽刺
and the laundry list of embarrassing things in the complaint?
以及投诉中那一场串丢脸的事情
I've got to tell you, I'm not embarrassed.
我告诉你,我一点儿也不觉得丢脸
The Zimmerman tape, Jim going to New Hampshire,
齐默尔曼的录音,吉姆去新罕布什
Sloan punching a guy in arbitrage
斯隆一拳打上那个做商业套利的家伙
I actually like that one.
我还挺喜欢这个的
I can't tell what you're thinking.
我看不出你在想什么
Will?
威尔
It's gotten strange now.
这可太诡异了
Are you able to hear me speaking?
你能听得到我说话吗
She except for the things she did wrong,
她,除了她做错的事情
she did everything right, too.
她所做的一切也都是对的
The rest was me. I'm lost.
其他的是我的错,我听不明白
Uh, yes.
没错
We're going to do the things you just said
听了你刚刚说的原因
for the reasons you just gave.
我们要按你说的去做
I missed parts of what you were saying at the end,
我没听到你最后说的那些话
but that's just gonna have to be
但是情况就是
I'll be right back. Yes!
我很快就回来,没错
Way to go.
就该这样
Yeah, no, I'm definitely resigning.
算了,我还是辞职吧
Does anyone know where MacKenzie is?
谁知道麦肯兹在哪儿
I think she's in the hair and makeup room. She's not.
我想她在化妆间,她不在
Did you look in her office?
你去她办公室看了吗
So, no, no one knows where she is?
也不在,没人知道她在哪儿吗
We're back in seven minutes, so she's gonna turn up.
七分钟后直播,她会出现的
Have you seen Mac? I haven't.
你看到麦肯了吗,没有
But I have facts about the Great Lakes region.
但我有一条关于五大湖地区的消息
Right this moment is the least
现在这节骨眼儿上
I've ever cared about the Great Lakes region.
我一点儿也不关心五大湖地区
Has anyone seen Mac?
有人看麦肯吗
I'm right here.
我在这儿啊
Okay. I didn't
好,我没有
Could you come here away from the cameras? Yeah.
你能过来这边,远离摄像头吗,好
There's okay, okay
有个,好了好了
There's a story. What?
有个故事,什么
There's a story about a little kid who keeps shredding paper
有个小孩老是不停地撕纸
and his parents take him to all
他的父母带他看遍医生
kinds of doctors to get him to stop shredding paper.
让他别再撕纸
And finally they take him
最后他们带他去看
to the most expensive doctor in the world
世界上最昂贵的医生
who turns to the kid and he says,
他转身对小孩说
"Kid, if you stop shredding paper,
"孩子,只要你不再撕纸
your parents will stop dragging you to doctors."
你父母就不会再拖着你看医生了"
And the kid turns to his parents and says,
孩子转身问父母
"Why didn't you just say so?"
"你们为什么不早说"
Well, all right, then. The point of the story
那好吧,这个故事的意义在于
is that the kid could make himself happy by just stopping.
孩子只要学会住手,就能获得快乐
I think that's the point. I don't know.
我想这就是故事的意义,我不知道
I've been trying to figure it out.
我一直在试图搞清楚
But I didn't return it.
但我没有退回去
Because I'm in love with you.
因为我爱上你了
What did you say? And because of will you marry me?
你说什么,因为...你愿意嫁给我吗
Wait. I said will you marry me?
等等,我说,你愿意嫁给我吗
And before that, I said I'm in love with you.
前面一句话是,我爱上你了
That's that's that's what I'm getting at.
那就是,那是,那就是我想说的
I feel like I can do this so much better if I can have a second.
我想要是再给我点时间,我会做得更好
What in the fuck is happening right now?
这他妈到底是什么情况
If if I I don't ever want to not be no.
要是,要是我,我不想,不对
I love you. I'm gonna go back to that. And will you marry me?
我爱你,我要再来一次,你愿意嫁给我吗
And let me just say I really think you should.
容我再还说一句,你真的应该
I think you should say yes.
你真的应该答应
But no matter what you say,
但无论你说什么
there's no chance I am ever gonna hurt you again.
我绝对不会再伤害你了
And no matter what you say,
无论你说什么
I'm gonna be in love with you for the rest of my life.
我会用我的余生好好爱你
There's no way out of that.
除此之外,再无他法
That's just a physical law of the universe.
这是宇宙的自然法则
You own me. No matter what you say... Yes.
你拥有我,无论你说什么,愿意
...I will never stop Yes. I'm saying yes.
我不会停止,愿意,我说我愿意
You're saying yes?
你是说你愿意吗
Yes.
愿意
Thank God.
谢天谢地
Took you long enough.
你动作可真够慢的
Seriously? That's what your
真的吗,这就是你的
Shut it.
闭嘴
So your mother was a Rockette?
你母亲是大腿舞女郎
That's right. And her mother, too.
没错,她的母亲也是
Third generation Rockette? Yes.
第三代大腿舞女郎,对
How great is that?
真了不起
And if you were to have a daughter... Crazy lady.
如果你生了个女儿,疯婆娘
...which would be my granddaughter,
也就是我的孙女
would it be important to you that she also be a Rockette?
她是否成为大腿舞女郎,对你来说重要吗
I don't think important, but if she Okay, good.
我倒不觉得重要,但要是,那就好
Charlie. 'Cause over here you have a Harvard MBA.
查理,因为这里是一位哈佛工商管理学硕士
Over here you have a line of synchronized nutcrackers.
另一边是一排, 动作整齐的大腿舞演员
Charlie. Reese.
查理,里斯
Leona. Rebecca.
莉安娜,丽贝卡
I'm sorry, I don't know who Jackie. I'm here with Reese.
抱歉,我不知道这是,杰姬,我跟里斯一起来的
Third generation Rockette. That's how we roll.
第三代大腿舞女郎,我们就是这么牛叉
I've studied the findings of the report
我研究了报道里的发现
and I've consulted with counsel
也咨询了律师
and I've reached the conclusion that the news division
最后我得出了结论,新闻组处理热那亚的方式
handled Genoa as well as I'd want it handled.
跟我理想的一样
Furthermore, this company will give Dantana money
而且,想要我公司给丹塔纳钱
when a federal judge orders us to do so.
除非联邦法官命令我们给
And furthermore after that, I don't take my instructions from a petition.
再而且,我从不理会什么请愿书
If you read Jedediah Purdy's excellent book "For Common Things"
如果你读过杰迪戴亚·普尔迪《共同的东西》
What, did you email everybody excerpts?
怎么,你给所有人都发了摘录
Yep. I'm not accepting your resignations.
对,我不接受你们的辞职
We're not resigning.
我们不辞职了
That's fine, but I'm surprising you by taking the high road
很好,但我要以高尚的决定,给你们惊喜
and I'm not accepting your resignations.
不接受你们的辞职
We're not offering them.
我们不打算辞职
This isn't about the bottom line.
这不是原则问题
This is a bad business decision, but it's a good decision.
这是糟糕的商业决定,却是个好决定
I'm doing the right thing. There's no right thing to do.
我在做正确的决定,没有正确的决定给你做
I've already made the decision that we're staying.
我已经决定,我们要留下来
The wrong thing to do would be to accept your resignation.
错误的决定,就是接受你们的辞职
That's not an option, 'cause we're not offering them.
已不存在这选项,因为我们不辞职
You two about done?
你们俩闹完了吗
History should reflect that I acted admirably.
让历史记下一笔,我的表现令人钦佩
There's really no way of knowing that.
那就不得而知了
Is it possible the greater glory belongs to me?
有没有可能,至高荣誉归功于我
You're all idiots. Not you, you're sweet.
你们都是蠢货,除了你,你很讨喜
Everyone, just listen up for just a second.
各位,请听我说一会儿
This'll just take a second.
只要一会儿
First of all, no one's resigning.
首先,谁都不许辞职
And the only reason you need is 'cause I said so.
原因就是,我说了算
Also I think we're just starting to get the hang of this.
而且我认为,我们才刚刚学到点窍门
More importantly, I would like to introduce
更重要的是,我要向各位介绍
the future Mrs. MacKenzie Morgan McHale McAv
未来的麦肯兹·摩根·麦克黑尔·麦卡沃伊太太
that's not gonna work.
太绕口了
What?!
什么
I'll be damned! I know.
这是真的吗,我知道
I know. I know.
我知道,我知道
"Let My Love Open The Door" by Pete Townshend When people keep repeating
当人们不断重复
That you'll never fall into love
你不会再恋爱的话语
When everybody keeps retreating
当所有人都退缩
But you can't seem to get enough
你却还不感到满足
Let my love open the door
用我的爱打开那扇门
Wake him up. Cynthia's office should draft a statement.
叫醒他,辛西娅的办公室应该起草一份声明
Let's start identifying who our friends are.
咱们得开始认认谁是我们的朋友了
That shouldn't take long.
应该不用很久
Let my love open the door
用我的爱打开那扇门
To your heart
通往你的心
When everything feels all over
当一切都将结束
And everybody seems unkind
人们并不友善
I'll give you fourleaf clover
我会给你一片幸运草
Take all the worries out of your mind
将一切烦恼赶出脑外
Let my love open the door
用我的爱打开那扇门
What did you do?
你干什么了
I wrote it myself.
我自己写的
A gift from new media.
来自新媒体的礼物
Thanks for that Romney interview.
谢谢那次罗姆尼的专访
To your heart (Let my love open the door)
通往你的心(用我的爱打开那扇门)
Let my love open the door
用我的爱打开那扇门
To your heart (Let my love open the door)
通往你的心(用我的爱打开那扇门)
I have the only key to your heart
我手握唯一一把能开启你心房的钥匙
I can stop you falling apart
我不会再让你崩溃
Release yourself from misery
从悲痛中释放自己
Only one thing's gonna set you free
只有一物能使你自由
That's my love (Let my love open the door)
那就是我的爱(用我的爱打开那扇门)
Let my love open the door
用我的爱打开那扇门
That's my love (Let my love open the door)
那就是我的爱(用我的爱打开那扇门)
Let my love open the door
用我的爱打开那扇门
When tragedy befalls you
当悲剧降临在你身上
Don't let 'em bring you down
别被他们击垮
Love can cure your problems
爱能治愈你的问题
You're lucky I'm around
你是如此幸运有我在身旁
Let my love open the door
用我的爱打开那扇门
To your heart (Let my love open the door)
通往你的心(用我的爱打开那扇门)
My love (Let my love open the door)
我的爱(用我的爱打开那扇门)
Only my love (Let my love open the door)
唯有我的爱(用我的爱打开那扇门)
The door to your heart (Let my love open the door)
通往你内心的门(用我的爱打开那扇门)
Oh, it's my love (Let my love open the door)
那就是我的爱(用我的爱打开那扇门)
It's my love (Let my love open the door)
那就是我的爱(用我的爱打开那扇门)
Let my love open the door
用我的爱打开那扇门
I'm gonna, I'm gonna get you
我会,我会找到你
Let my love open the door
用我的爱打开那扇门