手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法第二季 > 正文

福尔摩斯基本演绎法第二季(MP3+中英字幕) 第7集 银色马的悬案

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Let's do open discussion before we wrap up.

结束之前我们来做个开放讨论
I have kind of a, uh,
我想到一个
different topic in mind.
不太一样的话题
Craziest thoughts about your disease?
对于你们自身疾病的最疯狂的想法
You know what I mean.
你们明白我的意思吧
You know they're nuts,
你明知很疯狂
but they just keep popping into your head anyway.
但却控制不住它们钻进你的脑海
I often wonder if I should have been born in another time.
我经常在想我是否应该出生在另一个年代
Sorry, my name is Sherlock, and I'm an addict.
抱歉,我叫夏洛克,是个瘾君子
Hi, Sherlock.
你好,夏洛克
My-my... My senses are unusually--
我的感官特别
well, one could even say unnaturally-- keen.
甚至可以说是异乎寻常的灵敏
And ours is an era of distraction. It's, uh,
我们这个年代让人心烦意乱
a punishing drumbeat of constant input.
就像持续不断的,让人精疲力尽的鼓点
This-this cacophony
这些刺耳的声音
which follows us into our homes
跟随我们到家里
and into our beds
到床上
and seeps into our...
渗透进
into our souls,
我们的灵魂
for want of a better word.
我想不到更贴切的词
For a long time, uh,
在很长一段时间里
there was only one poultice for my raw nerve endings,
只有一种方法能治疗我的神经末梢
and that was, uh, copious drug use.
就是大量地嗑药
So in my less productive moments, I'm given to wonder...
所以当我没有那么忙的时候,我就在想
...if I'd just been born when it was a little...
如果出生在一个稍微...
quieter out there,
安静点的时代
would I have even become an addict in the first place?
我还会变成一个瘾君子吗
Might I have been more focused?
我是不是能更专注
A more fully realized person?
自我实现得更为彻底
What, like Ancient Greece?
什么时代,古希腊吗
You any idea what passed for dental care in the Hellenic era?
你知道古希腊是怎样进行牙齿护理的吗
No, no, I'd, um,
不,我...
I'd want some of the wonders of modernity.
我还是想要一些现代化的东西
Just before everything got...
只是不想什么都被...
amplified.
放大
Something like what?
那是什么时候
200 years ago?
200年前吗
Mycroft. Web site said it was an open meeting.
麦考夫,网站上说这是个公开会议
I came to support my brother, so please go on.
我是来支持我弟弟的,请继续讲
It's-it's fascinating.
挺吸引人的
No. I, uh,
不,我...
I-I'm so sorry.
我很抱歉
Sorry.
抱歉
Hey, you leaving early?
你要早退吗
Did you really mean what you said in there
你刚才那番话是认真的
or were you just winding them up?
还是故意气他们的
Mycroft. I wouldn't have said anything at all
麦考夫,如果我知道你来了
if I'd known the meeting was compromised.
我压根什么都不会讲
Explain yourself! Your maid told me you'd gone out.
解释清楚,你的女仆说你出去了
I wheedled her a bit to find out where.
我诱骗她说出你的去向
You live in England! Did you know
你住在英格兰,你知道
they've invented a flying conveyance capable
人们发明了可以快速到达
of hurtling its passengers vast distances?
目的地的飞行工具吗
Ha. Joan, delighted to see you.
对了,乔恩,很高兴见到你
Oh, sorry. Oh, dear.
不好意思,天呐
Um, so what are you doing in New York?
那你来纽约做什么
I planned to fly out next month.
我本来计划的是下个月出发
We're opening a branch of my restaurant Diogenes in Tribeca.
我的连锁餐厅第欧根尼要在翠贝卡开分店
I intended to give you plenty of warning, of course,
我本打算提前告诉你们
but, um, circumstances brought me here earlier.
但是因为客观情况,我早到了
Circumstances?
客观情况
Yes, a good friend of ours is in a bit of trouble, Sherlock.
是的,我们的一位朋友有点麻烦
We haven't got any mutual friends.
我们没有共同的朋友
Acquaintance, then, might be a better way of putting it.
好吧,说是老相识要贴切点
I'd like to explain it to you over dinner.
晚餐时我再给你们解释吧
So we're planning on taking a couple of reservations a night.
我们准备每晚提供一些预定位
The rest we'll fill with walk-ins.
其他的留给散客
I want the place to be spontaneous, playful.
我希望这里是自然且有趣的
Qualities you'll no doubt be charging through the nose for.
就这种品质你肯定被人敲了一笔
Oh, I think it's breathtaking.
我觉得这里很动人
Thank you. Once we've set the menu,
谢谢,一旦定好菜单
we should be open in a couple of weeks.
我们几周内就能开业了
I'm meeting with a couple of young chefs while I'm here.
我来这里之后见了一些年轻的厨师
I want to find a new voice.
我想找个与众不同的
Of course.
确实
"Old acquaintance"? Are you joking?
老相识,你在开玩笑吗
Yes, well, I thought it best explained by herself.
没错,我觉得还是她自己来解释最好
Sherlock Holmes, you look dashing as ever.
夏洛克·福尔摩斯,你还是那么精神
Do let me know when you decide to start aging, won't you?
如果你决定开始变老一定告诉我,好吗
Well, I wasn't told you'd be here.
我可不知道你在这
Joan Watson, this is Nigella Mason.
乔恩·华生,这位是尼盖拉·梅森
She's my brother's former fiance.
我哥哥的前任未婚妻
It's nice to meet you.
很高兴见到你
Lovely to meet you.
我也是
Shall we? Yes.
来吧,好
I'm confused. Didn't you and your brother's fiance...
我糊涂了,你不是和你哥哥的未婚妻有...
What? Copulate?
什么,奸情吗
Engage in several bouts of vigorous sex?
有几次激烈的性爱
Yes, yes, we did.
没错,有过
The plates are designed to be shared,
盘子是设计成公用的
but pace yourself, okay?
但还是用自己的,好吗
I've got a lot of food back there.
我在后面准备了很多食物
I know we're not serving alcohol today.
我们今天不提供酒
Are there any other dietary restrictions?
有其他的忌口吗
I lose my appetite in the company of social-climbing trollops.
坐在攀附权贵的荡妇身边让我食欲全无
Uh, no. Thank you, we're fine.
不,谢谢,我们没事了
I realize there's been some awkwardness between the three of us.
我意识到我们三人在一起有些尴尬
I seduced you within weeks of your wedding
在你们婚礼的几周前我勾引你
and exposed your true character to Mycroft.
从而向麦考夫揭露你的本性
I cannot imagine how you've managed to worm your way back into his life.
我无法想象你是用什么手段回来找他的
It's complicated, Sherlock.
夏洛克,事情很复杂
A year after my difficulties with Mycroft,
我和麦考夫分开一年后
I fell in love with and married a man
我爱上了一个叫罗伯特·萨福克的人
by the name of Robert Suffolk.
并和他结婚了
He's also known by his title,
他还有个头衔
the Marquess of Loudwater.
喧水侯爵
"Marquess"?
侯爵
It's mid-level nobility.
中等贵族
It's smack between an earl and a duke.
地位在伯爵和公爵之间
Oh, so that makes you a, um...
所以你就成了...
Marchioness of Loudwater, yes.
是的,喧水侯爵夫人
I retain my title though I no longer retain my husband.
虽然我留不住丈夫,但还是留住了头衔
The marquess turned out to be not as advertised.
侯爵并不像宣传的那样
Not terribly interested in holding up
他对维系婚姻的兴趣
his end of the conjugal side, if you follow.
不是特别大
So...
所以
I turned, in my loneliness, to Dalton,
我找到道尔顿来排解寂寞
the man in charge of Robert's stable of racehorses.
他负责罗伯特赛马的马房
I won't bore you with the details,
细节就不赘述了
but private investigators were hired,
但是他雇了私家侦探
photographs were taken, and the usual ugliness ensued.
拍了照,然后官司就来了
Do you see, finally, the magnitude of the favor that I did you?
你是不是终于意识到我帮了你多大的忙
While Robert and I were courting,
我和罗伯特打官司的时候
I fell quite in love with one of his horses,
我喜欢上了他的一匹马
a champion stallion named Silver Blaze,
一匹叫银光的冠军种马
and thanks to the crafty work of my lawyers,
多亏了律师们的机智
I came out of my marriage with my title and ownership of Silver Blaze.
我在离婚以后保住了头衔和银光的所有权
Now, he can't race anymore, you understand. He's too old,
现在,他没法再比赛了,他太老了
but there is a thriving demand for his studly services.
但还是有很多人想找他配种
So you've become a horse pimp?
所以你现在成了马的皮条客
How fitting. Must be lucrative.
太配了,肯定很赚钱
Silver Blaze is being stabled in Ulster County at the moment.
之前银光在奥斯特郡一直很好
The other night,
前几天夜里
Dalton was coming to the stables
道尔顿去马房
to give the animal his usual medication.
给他进行日常医护
He had a friend in the car, and according to him,
他有个朋友在车里,据他讲
Dalton came upon a man who was trying to break in the stables.
道尔顿看见一个男人正想闯进马厩
Dalton confronted the burglar,
道尔顿和强盗打了照面
and the man shot him.
那人随即对他开枪
He died at the scene.
他当场死亡
I'm so sorry.
深表遗憾
Thank you. It's been awful.
谢谢,这太可怕了
When the murderer fled, he left behind a bag of supplies.
凶手逃之夭夭,留下了一包装备
The police found a syringe full of concentrated potassium,
警方发现了一支装满高浓度钾离子的注射器
and they believe that Dalton's killer
他们推断杀死道尔顿的凶手
intended to poison Silver Blaze.
想要毒死银光
So you want us to find him and protect your meal ticket?
所以你想让我们找出凶手,保护你的饭票吗
And get justice for Dalton.
还有为道尔顿伸张正义
Look, I realize that I've made some mistakes in my life,
我知道我这辈子犯了一些错
but I have made efforts to improve myself,
但我已经尽力让自己改进
and when Mycroft fell sick,
而且当麦考夫生病的时候
he found a way to forgive me.
他找到办法原谅了我
Uh, Nigella, please. And I believe that you can do the same.
尼盖拉,别说了,我想你也一样能做到
Oh, you didn't realize that Mycroft was sick?
你还不知道麦考夫病了吗
Spot of leukemia.
小小的白血病
Bone marrow transplant. I'm better now.
已经接受骨髓移植,现在我好多了
I tried to find different ways to tell you.
我想了各种办法试着告诉你
It just never happened.
不过始终没成功
I'm sincerely sorry for your troubles.
对你的困境深表遗憾
But...
但是...
this is an awful, toxic creature.
这个女人糟糕透顶,蛇蝎心肠
Fortunately, I don't need to sleep with her again
万幸的是,我不用再靠和她睡觉
to get her out of my life, I just need to leave.
来把她赶出我的生活,只要离开就行了
Marchioness.
侯爵夫人再见
Looking for something to solve?
在找案子破吗
My brother makes you uncomfortable.
我哥哥让你不自在了
Your posture stiffens subtly whenever he gets close.
每次他一靠近,你的动作就略显僵硬
I'm pretty sure it doesn't.
我很肯定我没有
I suspected he would try to sleep with you while we were in London,
在伦敦的时候,我怀疑他是想骗你上床
Is that what happened? No.
那发生了吗,没有
Were his advances ungentlemanly in some way?
他追求你的手段是不是有点不那么绅士
There were no advances, and I can't believe
他没有追求我,难以置信
that's what you want to talk about.
你居然还想和我谈这个
Your brother had leukemia, and he didn't tell you about it.
你哥哥身患白血病,却没有告诉你
I know if that happened to me, I would be hurt
如果换作是我,我一定很伤心
and furious and sad and worried.
还会生气,难过,担心
I feel annoyed.
我觉得很烦
Annoyed?
Profoundly.
相当烦
Of course Mycroft's spiritual awakening is tied to some sort of illness.
麦考夫的良心发现当然和某种疾病有关
The man has never met a cliché
那男人永远都和
he didn't have a head-on collision with.
那些陈词滥调的保守思想对着干
Hello.
你好
I know it's late; I'm sorry.
我知道很晚了,抱歉
Pleasant.
房子不错
I owe you an apology. Obviously, I should've told you.
我该向你道歉,显然我应该告诉你的
You needed bone marrow.
你需要骨髓移植
A sibling is the most likely match by far.
亲兄弟是目前最可能配型成功的
I'm trying to be less stubborn now. I think...
现在我试着让自己不那么固执,我觉得...
I hope my illness has made me a more compassionate, better person.
我希望疾病能让我变得更仁慈和善
Well, of course you do.
没错,你当然有
You're following the same narrative
所有恶贯满盈的人
all venal people do when they get sick.
生了病都会这样
A lot of people may go through the same thing,
很多人都可能经历同样的事
but it doesn't make it less real.
但这不代表这些事不是真的
It's like an addiction in that sense, I'd imagine.
我想说,这种感觉会上瘾的
You asked how Nigella got back into my life.
你问我为什么重新接纳了尼盖拉
When I was diagnosed, she got in touch,
我被确诊的时候,她联系我
asked if there was anything she could do to help.
问我她有什么可以帮忙的
When she learned I was looking for a bone marrow donor,
当她得知我正在找骨髓捐赠者的时候
she organized a drive to find one.
她举办了招募活动
Turned it into a cause, got the whole posh crowd
把这变成了一项事业
she was running around with involved.
找了很多人为此奔走忙碌
I found my match because of her.
正因为她,我才能找到配型的捐赠者
One good turn deserves another.
善有善报
Yes, I suppose it does.
是的,我想也是
In any case, I don't think
无论怎样,这件事
this is about the quality of Nigella's character.
和尼盖拉的本质如何无关
I think this is about you and me.
这是你和我之间的事
If we help her, it will prove tangibly
如果我们帮助她,就确实证明
that we've put this whole thing behind us.
我们之间的种种过节就此放下
Or if you're still feeling stubborn,
或者如果你还是觉得别扭
you can just tell yourself it's about solving a murder.
完全可以把这当成解决一起谋杀案那么简单
So, Detective Bell said two NYPD consultants would be coming out.
贝尔警探说,会来两位纽约纽约警局的顾问
Two did; we brought a restaurateur with us.
确实是两位,我们多带了一个饭店老板而已
He also said you'd be moving Silver Blaze to the NYPD stables?
他还说你们会把银光转移到纽约警局的马厩
Yes, it seems the best way to safeguard against further possible attacks.
是的,这是保护他以免再遭毒手的最好方法
So what happened here? Be thorough.
详细彻底地说一下事发当时这里的情况
Well, Dalton Ladd parked his car there.
道尔顿·拉德的车停在那
He'd been out for a drink with his friend Asa,
他出去和朋友艾沙喝酒
who waited in the car
艾沙当时在车里等着
while Mr. Ladd went to give the horse his shot.
拉德先生去给马打针
He came upon a guy trying to pick the lock.
他看到一个人正在撬锁
Asa said he was about six feet tall,
艾沙说那人大概1米83
but he couldn't see much more than that.
但别的他就看不清了
Guy fires twice, he takes off and he leaves his bag.
凶手开了两枪,匆忙逃走,没有拿包
Now, the owner had been getting ready for bed.
马厩的主人当时正准备睡觉
He heard the gunshots. He comes out with a shotgun,
他听见枪声,拿着猎枪冲了出来
but, by that time, the killer had reached that tree line.
可那时,凶手已经逃到那排树那了
Were there any prints on the lock?
锁上有指纹吗
Yeah. Too many.
有,但太多了
People are in and out of here all the time,
这里总有很多人进出
so no prints of value.
没有有价值的指纹
So, did the owner pursue the gunman?
马厩主人去追凶手了吗
Yeah.
是的
Stayed on him for about a quarter mile,
大概追了他400米
till he reached a clearing in the woods.
一直追到了森林里的一片空地
But when he got there, the guy was just gone.
可他追到那的时候,凶手已经不见踪影了
Sorry, it'd be bet... could you just
不好意思,你挡着我的视线了
stay out of the eye line here?
能挪开点吗
You're joking. I was just standing here.
开什么玩笑,我只是站在这
Yes, that's the problem.
是的,问题就在这
Oh, could you show us the clearing?
能带我去看看那块空地吗
So, like I said, the owner chased him this far.
就像我说的,马厩主人追到了这里
But when he got here, the guy was just gone.
可他到这的时候,凶手已经不见踪影
How much of a lead did the gunman have?
凶手离他有多远距离
Well, the owner says he was about a hundred yards behind.
马厩主人说大概是90米
I know-- there's no way that the gunman
我知道,凶手不可能在
would've had time to make it clear across the field.
这么短的时间穿过空地
But I figure...
但我推测
the owner was further back from the gunman than he thought.
可能马厩主人离凶手比他所想的要远
Yes, that's one possible explanation.
是的,这是一种可能性
Another possible explanation is that he didn't disappear at all,
还有一种可能性是他根本没有消失
he just took to higher ground,
他只是到了更高的地方
to see how many people were following him
观察有多少人跟着他
and then planned his escape.
然后计划怎么脱身
These trees are over a hundred years old.
这些树都有超过百岁的树龄了
There's no low-hanging branches.
没有低垂的树枝
But this young oak would work.
但这棵小点的橡树可以爬
He would have to hoist himself up, off that branch.
他必须借助这根树枝,才能爬上去
Yes, which means he had to grab it.
这代表着他必须抓住它
Right.
没错
Fortunately, the bark is smooth on top.
万幸的是,树枝表面很光滑
There.
有了
I'll wager these are the fingerprints of our murderer.
我打赌这些就是凶手的指纹
There's one missing.
少了一个手指
The man we're looking for
我们要找的凶手
is missing the ring finger from his left hand.
没有左手的无名指
Should we see if he's been arrested before?
去查查犯罪数据库有没有相应记录吧
Right. Let's see what a would-be horse assassin
好了,我们看看一个准备刺杀马的杀手
brings on his rounds, shall we?
都带了些什么
Mycroft, if you'd like to be useful
麦考夫,如果你想有点贡献
as something other than a means of transportation,
而不是只当个交通工具
feel free to take notes.
你可以做做笔记
That policeman in Ulster County
阿尔斯特镇的警察只说
said we could look in the bag, not take it away.
我们可以看看包里,没说可以拿走
Yes, well, I find it best not to ask.
是的,我觉得最好不要去问
They can get quite territorial
当你说你想要带走证据时
when you say you want to take evidence with you.
他们会变得很有地盘意识
They certainly weren't using it to solve any crimes.
他们肯定不会用它去破任何案子
Two sets of lock picks...
两套开锁器
one very large knife...
一把很大的刀
three syringes bundled in duct tape
三个用胶带捆绑在一起的注射器
and one map of Ulster County.
还有一张阿尔斯特的地图
Map has pin impressions on it.
地图上有笔头留下的印痕
2501
2501.
Maybe an address?
也许是个地址
Not a useful one.
不是很有用的线索
You guys are swimming in some deep water here.
这案子的水很深
There's a hit on your prints,
你们提供的指纹有重大突破
but it's not to a person, it's to a crime.
只不过不是某个人,而是案件
A series of crimes, actually.
事实上,是连环案件
The index fingerprint you found
你们发现的指纹
matches partials that were found at the site of 13 murders.
和我们在十三起谋杀现场发现的一致
What?!
什么
They happened in two batches.
是分两次发生的
Two mass shootings the DEA thinks are tied
缉毒局认为这两起大规模枪击案
to a war between the Robles Cartel and a couple lieutenants
牵涉到罗布勒黑帮与两个
who tried to go into business for themselves.
试图插足生意的中尉有关
In both cases, they believe the shooter is a Robles assassin
他们认为两起案子里的枪手都是一个
nicknamed "El Mechanico."
外号叫做"机械师"的罗布勒雇的杀手
Would you get in touch with the Marchioness?
你能联系到侯爵夫人吗
I would very much like to ask her
我非常想去问问她
why drug dealers want to murder her horse.
为什么毒贩想要谋杀她的马
What else do we know about this El Mechanico?
关于这位机械师我们还知道什么
Not much.
不多
This first massacre happened at a dock in Tampa.
第一起屠杀发生在坦帕的一个码头上
There was a civilian cleaning his boat
当枪战开始时有位市民
when the shots started flying.
在清洗他的船
He gave a description but...
他给了外貌描述,但...
no one's seen him since.
之后再没人见过他
Nigella says we can see her at her hotel.
尼盖拉说我们可以在她下榻的酒店见她
She's at the Sutner.
她在萨塔娜酒店
Suite 2501.
2501号套房
Hello?
Nigella, listen very carefully:
尼盖拉,请仔细听好
The same man who killed Dalton Ladd is targeting you.
谋杀道尔顿·拉德的凶手也要杀你
What?!
什么
Have you noticed anyone unusual?
你有注意到什么奇怪的人吗
Any deliveries to your room?
有东西送到你房间吗
No, no, no.
没有
It's been quite peaceful, actually.
实际上,这里一直很宁静
I've just been enjoying the view.
我一直在欣赏风景
Your curtains are open?
你的窗帘是开的吗
Yeah, just the one.
对,就开了一面
Would you kindly go into another room at once?
能不能请你马上去另一个房间
Why?
为什么
For God sakes,
看在上帝的份上
of course I don't know anybody in the Robles Cartel.
我当然不认识罗布勒黑帮的任何人
I'm in the peerage.
我是贵族阶层
And I don't understand why they'd want me dead.
我也不明白为什么他们想杀我
I have no idea whatsoever.
我完全不知道是怎么回事
All right, what about your boyfriend?
好吧,那你男朋友呢
You think it's possible he did business with them and...
你觉得他有没有可能背着你
hid it from you? Dalton was an alternate
和他们合作呢,道尔顿在2000年
on the national steeplechase team in 2000 and 2004.
和2004年是全国障碍赛的替补选手
That's her way of saying no.
她的意思是没有
What about your other employees?
那你的其他雇员呢
She's lying.
她在撒谎
I know Miss Mason to be a woman of low character.
我知道梅森小姐是位低俗的女人
You've incurred the wrath of these people,
你已经惹怒了那些人
and it wasn't through an honest difference of opinion.
而且不是因为简单的观念不同
I will give you access to all of our books,
我可以让你们查看我们的账本
records, anything-- but there is no connection
记录,任何东西,但
between these vile people and me.
我和那些卑劣的人没有任何关系
What's this?
这是干嘛
I spent most of the day as a spare wheel.
这一整天我都显得很多余
I thought I'd make myself useful.
我觉得应该让自己有用些
I know you and Joan rarely sit down for a meal.
我知道你和乔恩很少好好吃顿饭
That's by design-- a lingering dinner,
那是计划好的,一顿缠绵的晚餐
especially in the midst of a case, is an indulgence.
尤其是在办案期间,是一种放纵
You think conversation's an indulgence?
你认为交流是放纵吗
The meal itself is an indulgence.
这顿饭本身是放纵
Conversation is an annoyance within an indulgence...
交流是放纵过程中的烦恼
Well, I suppose it's harmless enough.
我觉得你只要不阻碍我工作
As long as you don't try to stop me from working.
这样倒也没什么坏处
You're welcome.
不用谢
So...
那么...
did you learn anything?
你研究出什么了吗
The police believe a man named Joaquin Aguilar
警方认为一位叫华金·阿桂勒的人
heads up the Robles Cartel's East Coast operations.
负责着罗布勒黑帮在东海岸的运作
The Cartel is always at odds with one or another
这个黑帮总是和它的竞争对手有过节
of its rivals, so the man is very rarely seen in public.
所以这个人很少在公共场合露面
In fact, he's only been spotted six times
事实上,过去的两年里
in the last two years.
他总共只被看见过六次
He's always at a private box he maintains
他总待在水道赛道
at the Aqueduct race track.
他自己的私人包间里
He's a horseman. A passionate one.
他是位骑手,很有激情
There's bad behavior to be unearthed here.
会有不好的事被发掘出来
Be prepared for that.
做好准备
You seem quite invested
你似乎很相信
in the idea that Nigella has changed.
尼盖拉已经洗心革面了
From what I can see, change is sloppy.
在我看来,改变是很随性的
It's a process, not an absolute state.
它是个过程,不是明确的状态
Why are you so invested in the idea that
你为什么坚持认为尼盖拉
Nigella has to be a good person to deserve your help?
必须是个好人才配的上你的帮助
What are you doing?
你在干嘛
Something has just occurred to me.
我突然想到点事
This is the best risotto I have ever had.
这是我吃过的最好吃的烩饭
Why are you hiring a chef? You should do it.
你为什么要雇厨师呢,你应该自己做
Owning restaurants is a lot more fun.
当饭店老板更有趣
He means less work.
他的意思是可以少干点活
Yes, I suppose you could say that.
是的,我想你可以这么说
I don't quite believe
我真不敢相信
I'm going to say this to a grown man:
我要跟一个成年人这么说
Your food's getting cold.
你的饭快要凉了
Brilliant.
好极了
I've just heard back from a forensic accountant
我刚收到一位法务会计师的回复
I once helped out of a spot of bother
我曾帮他摆脱过一起涉及到
involving a naked self-portrait of himself-- anyway--
他自身裸体肖像的麻烦
he's confirmed something I already suspected.
他确认了我之前的猜测
I noticed that Joaquin Aguilar
我注意到当两匹赛马中的某一匹比赛时
comes to the race track when one of two horses is racing--
华金·阿桂勒会到赛道上去
both animals are owned by Mariotti Farms,
两匹马都归马里奥蒂农场所有
it's a stable and training facility in New Jersey.
那是一个在新泽西州的马厩和训练场所
Mariotti Farms, I've just learned,
我刚刚发现,马里奥蒂农场
received its initial seed money
从一家有限责任公司
from a limited liability corporation
获得原始种子资金
with substantial holdings in manganese mining
此公司主要经营锰矿开采
and canned foods.
和罐装食品业务
The corporation has, three times,
它先后三次
been investigated by the DEA,
被缉毒局调查
who have long suspected it is a front for...
一直以来被怀疑是
the Robles Cartel.
为罗布勒黑帮做掩护的影子
You think Joaquin Aguilar
你觉得华金·阿桂勒
is the real money behind those horses?
才是那些马的幕后资金来源
It's called shadow ownership.
这叫影子所有权
Happens all the time in racing.
赛马中经常有这种情况
Look at this...
看这个
This is a list of all the horses owned by Mariotti Farms,
这是马里奥蒂农场所拥有的马的名单
this...
这个
is a list of all Silver Blaze's sexual partners
是侯爵夫人给银光找的
since the Marchioness began pimping him out.
所有母马的名单
"Twice for No" is on both these lists.
这两份名单上都有不二
Joaquin Aguilar paid to have one of his mares impregnated
华金·阿桂勒花钱让银光给他的
by Silver Blaze-I need Nigella's records.
这匹母马受孕,我需要尼盖拉的记录
The pairing alleged to a male offspring, born healthy,
这两匹马生出来一匹小公马,很健康
who was then sold... to...
之后被卖给了
a third party.
第三方
That's weird. He paid for a champion
真奇怪,既然他花钱让一匹冠军马
to impregnate his horse.
给他的马受孕
Why would he just sell off the baby?
又为何要把小马卖掉呢
It is curious.
很有意思
The foal is housed at a stables in Long Island,
这匹小马住在长岛的一间马厩里
so I say we go and have a look.
所以我们应该去那里看看
But not till the morning, right?
不过是明早再去,对吧
So does this mean that you can actually sit down
所以你现在能乖乖坐下
and have some dessert?
吃点甜点了吗
Excellent.
太好了
Ah, sorry, I can't do this.
抱歉,我做不到
There's just too much tension.
气氛太紧张了
What are you talking about? There's no tension.
你说什么呢,有什么可紧张的
We're having a nice time.
我们相处得多好
You must be joking.
你在搞笑吧
Watson carries unease between her shoulder blades.
华生的肩胛骨表现出心神不安
Her trapezius muscles are in knots,
她的斜方肌都起疙瘩了
and it's carrying over to her deltoids.
而且还影响到了她的三角肌
My back is fine.
我的后背没事
What happened between you two in London?
你们俩当时在伦敦有什么事
I'm not so sure this is a good idea.
我觉得这样不太好
Thank you for your company.
谢谢你的陪伴
What is the matter with you?
你是怎么回事
Your brother is reaching out to you.
你哥哥都主动示好了
You guys have a chance to fix things, and you're wasting it.
你们兄弟俩本来有机会和好,你却白白浪费
I'm not wrong, though.
但我并没有说错
You're uncomfortable in his presence.
他的出现让你不安了
I am not uncomfortable around Mycroft.
我没有因为麦考夫而不安
I am uncomfortable around you and Mycroft together.
是因为你们俩在一起我才不安
For what reason?
为什么
This is none of your business.
不关你的事
But you're being weird and I don't want you to wreck
你一直举止奇怪,而我不想让你
your relationship with your brother-- again.
再一次毁了你和你哥哥的关系
Okay, we had dinner... I was a little bit nervous
我们一起吃过饭,我有点紧张
because I thought he was gonna hit on me,
因为我觉得他对我有意思
but it became obvious that he just wanted to talk about you.
但很显然他只是想谈你的事
He was sincere and sweet
他很真诚,很体贴
and he's funny, too. Oh, my God.
还很风趣,我的天
I was in London-I didn't know he was gonna come here.
我之前在伦敦,不知道他会来这里
You had sex with my brother.
你跟我哥哥上床了
Willingly?
还是自愿的
Great-- you had to push, so now you know.
很好,你一直想知道,现在你知道了
Two consenting adults went to bed together.
两个成年人一起睡了一觉
Okay? You can let that
好吧,你可以因为这事
ruin your relationship with your brother, or not.
跟你哥哥闹翻,或者不闹翻
Your call.
你决定吧
Watson, I've decided not to hold your dalliance against you.
华生,我决定不拿这件事压着你了
As you said, you're a grown woman.
像你说的,你是成年人了
I'm disappointed in you.
我对你很失望
I thought you were attempting
我之前还以为你不会
to move beyond petty revenge tactics.
用这种卑鄙的报复手段
It wasn't revenge.
这不是报复
I-I have just one question for the both of you.
我只有一个问题想问你们俩
Is this going to be an ongoing arrangement?
你们打算一直维持这种关系吗
Because, if it is, I'll need to plan accordingly.
如果是的话,我得准备相应的对策
You haven't discussed it.
你们还没谈过这事
Well, get it sorted immediately, would you?
你们赶紧谈清楚,好吧
It's the least you could do.
至少做到这样
Just out of curiosity-- was he any good?
好奇问一句,他技术好吗
My brother.
我哥哥
Does he have a talent for the act of coitus?
他在性交的时候有什么过人之处吗
Mycroft, your thoughts on Watson?
麦考夫,你对华生有什么评价
We were real surprised
我们当时很意外
we even got a shot to bid on a foal
竟然能够有机会竞标
from Silver Blaze and Twice for No.
银光和不二的小马驹
This little guy cost us big.
这匹小马花了我们不少钱
Here he is-Nutmeg.
就是他,肉豆蔻
You pet him, you got yourself a friend for life.
你宠爱他,他就是你一辈子的朋友了
Hi, Nutmeg.
你好啊,肉豆蔻
You mind telling me why
能不能告诉我
the NYPD's so keen to see a baby horse?
为什么纽约警局想要见这个小马驹
It's a winding tale.
因为一件麻烦的案子
It involves the British peerage,
涉及到一个被注射了
syringes full of concentrated potassium
浓缩钾的英国贵族
and 13 drug-related murders.
以及十三起跟药物有关的谋杀案
You want to tell me what we're looking at here?
能告诉我要找什么吗
Whorls. Whirls?
螺纹,螺旋
Whorls-- small patches of hair which grow
是螺纹,一些小撮的毛发
in the opposite direction to the rest of the coat.
与身上其它毛发的方向相反
I'll only be a moment.
很快就好
If you can't wait patiently,
如果你没有耐心等
feel free to find something to occupy your time.
就去做点什么事打发时间
Have sex with my brother, perhaps.
或许可以跟我哥哥去上床
Well, it gives me absolutely
虽然我并不对此感到高兴
no pleasure to say, "I told you so,"
但我还是要说"我早说了吧"
but Nigella Mason is a horrid witch.
尼盖拉·梅森是个可怕的女巫
If it gives you no pleasure, why you looking so satisfied?
如果你不高兴,那为什么你看上去很满意呢
Because I know why Joaquin Aguilar is angry with her.
因为我知道为什么华金·阿桂勒对她很生气了
Summon the Marchioness.
去找侯爵夫人吧
Did you know there have been
你是否知道
several studies done on whether or not
有很多项关于确定一匹马的螺纹所在位置
the placement of whorls on horses is a heritable trait?
是否是遗传特征的研究已经取得成功
I beg your pardon?
你说什么
The placement of those little cowlicks is inherited.
那些鬈发的位置是遗传的
And why are you telling me this?
你为什么要跟我说这些
Well, it's not something that most people would look for,
很多人都不会去注意这个地方
but appears to be true.
但这是真的
I'll show you.
我来给你看
This...
这张
is a photograph of Silver Blaze.
是银光的照片
You will observe
你能看到
there is a whorl directly between his eyes.
在他的两眼中间有一处螺纹
The same is true of Twice for No,
不二也有这样的螺纹
who recently birthed Silver Blaze's son.
也就是给生下银光小马驹的那匹母马
Now, the laws of nature tell us that their offspring
大自然的规律告诉我们他们的后代
should also have whorls between his eyes.
也应该在两眼之间有这样的螺纹
We looked at this young beast this morning.
我们今天上午看过那匹小马驹
Nutmeg has whorls positioned
肉豆蔻的螺纹
well above his eyes.
在他的双眼之上
Which leads me to the pertinent question:
所以我由此想到了一个问题
What exactly happened to the real Silver Blaze?
真正的银光怎么了
Is he dead?
他死了吗
Dead?
死了
You saw him yourself yesterday.
你昨天见过他
Well, I saw a horse that certainly looked like Silver Blaze.
我昨天见到的是一匹很像银光的马
But you and I both know
但你我都知道
that the horse whose sexual favors
那匹每次配种都能让你
you are selling for upwards of 100,000 a pop
获利十万块钱的马
is an imposter.
是冒牌货
You have no idea the battles that I fought
你们不知道我费了多大劲
to get ownership of Silver Blaze
才让银光的所有权
included in my prenuptials with the Marquess.
记入我跟侯爵的婚前协议里
And why shouldn't I have something to show
因为那男人的谎言我献出了数年年华
for giving years of my life to that man's lie?
我怎么就不能留点纪念呢
You were married for 22 months.
你的婚姻只维持了22个月
Yes, and I earned that horse
是的,而且我就是在那段时间
during that stretch-- believe me.
挣得了那匹马,相信我
I earned a pack of horses.
我挣得的不止一匹
And, of course, it wasn't ten weeks
当然,在我们
after we signed the papers
签署文件十周之后
that I get a call out of the blue--
我突然接到个电话
3:00 a.m., heart failure.
凌晨三点,心脏衰竭
So you hatched a plan to keep the money rolling in.
所以你想了个计划让财路不断
Where did you find the imposter?
你在哪儿找到的冒充者
Silver Blaze has a brother.
银光有一个兄弟
He never amounted to much.
他没有那么光辉的成就
But their markings are almost identical.
但他们长得几乎一样
We bought him for a few hundred quid,
我们花了点钱买下他
applied a bit of hair dye here and there.
全身各处染点颜色
Dye? You're charging these people
染色,你收了这些人
hundreds of thousands of dollars.
成千上万的钞票
Don't they want to have proof that it's the real horse?
他们难道不需要你证明这匹马是真的吗
Yes. Well, the racing world's always been a little bit backward.
对,但赛马界总是有点落后
With studding,
在配种的时候
most of the scrutiny falls on the mare.
绝大多数检查都用在母马身上了
They're screened for disease,
她们被透视检查疾病
for the tendency to inflict injury during the live cover.
以防在怀孕期间发生伤害
And the stud, well,
至于种马
the whole world knew that Silver Blaze was mine.
全世界都知道银光是我的
There were some requests for genetic testing.
的确有一些基因测试的要求
We took some hair and some blood
但我们在处理掉尸体之前
before we got rid of the body.
取了一些毛发和血液
So, really, we didn't run into that many problems.
所以我们其实没遇到什么麻烦
You're the first three people who have figured it out.
你们是最先发现问题的三个人
Actually, we're not.
其实,我们不是
Joaquin Aguilar caught on, too.
华金·阿桂勒也发现了
But he couldn't just expose you.
但他不能揭发你
That would destroy the value of the foal born to his mare.
那会损害他的母马所产马驹的价值
So he did what drug kingpins are wont to do.
所以他采取了毒枭常用的措施
He planned his revenge.
他计划了自己的复仇
Poisoned your horse.
给你的马下毒
And after you watched it die over several days,
在你看着他挣扎数天死掉之后
he would then come for you and your consort.
他就回来找你和你的同伴
Dalton.
道尔顿
Are you going to tell the police what I've done?
你准备把我的所作所为告诉警察吗
I see. I'm at the mercy of the Holmes brothers.
我懂了,我在福尔摩斯兄弟掌握之中了
I knew it was a drug deal.
我知道那是在贩毒
That's why I stayed hidden,
所以我一直躲着
even after I heard the gunshots.
甚至是在听到枪声之后
I heard men screaming.
我听到男人的尖叫
I got up to run, and I saw him.
我起来要逃走,然后看见了他
He was sitting there like a statue.
他坐在那里,像一座雕像
His eyes, I...
他的眼睛,我...
I don't know.
我不知道
They were just cold.
冷冰冰的
Like the Arctic.
像北极一样
The only man to ever lay eyes on El Mecanico
唯一一个看见机械师的人
has a weakness for unhelpful metaphors.
却喜欢乱用毫无帮助的比喻
Are you still sulking about Mycroft? No.
你还在生麦考夫的气吗,不
I hope you don't expect me to apologize.
我希望你不是在等我道歉
Look, if I had a sister,
如果我有个姐妹
would you even hesitate for a second before you slept with her?
你跟她上床之前会有半点犹豫吗
It's not the act itself that gives me pause.
并不是行为本身让我犹豫
It's that I can't put it into context.
我只是觉得那样不合适
There is a certain... intimacy
有一种亲密关系
which is a byproduct of our partnership.
是我们搭档关系的副产品
We work well together,
我们合作得很好
and I think we both value that fact.
我觉得我们都珍视这个事实
Right?
对吗
You must have known that I would deduce
你一定知道我能推理出
that you had slept with my brother.
你跟我哥哥上床了
It is unlike you to introduce such a free radical
让这样一个不稳定因素加入
into an otherwise highly functional relationship.
一个高功能性的关系中不像你会做的事
Unless, of course, the unlikelihood was precisely the point.
当然,除非你正是要表现出这种异样
Do you think you're maybe overthinking this?
你有没有想过也许只是你想太多了
You wanted to demonstrate that I don't have a monopoly on boorish or outrageous behavior.
你想要证明不是只有我会做出粗鲁惊人的行为
That you won't become a slave to the roles we have assigned each other.
你不会在我们彼此认可的关系中成为被奴役的一方
I'm glad we cleared the air.
很高兴我们说开了
Message received.
明白你的意思了
There was no message.
我根本没有这意思
Does that man's reliance on hazy metaphor
你有没有觉得那个乱用比喻的人
seem almost willful to you?
有点太刻意了
What do you mean?
什么意思
I guess I thought he looked like...
我觉得他看起来像
vengeance.
复仇
Vengeance. Okay.
复仇,好吧
He's selling an idea, not describing a person.
他在兜售概念,而不是描述一个人
I guess I thought he looked like...
我觉得他看起来像
vengeance.
复仇
Vengeance. Okay.
复仇,好吧
Can you be more specific?
能说的具体点吗
You're a crafty cow, aren't you?
你真是个狡猾的家伙
Look at his hand.
看他的手
He's missing his ring finger.
他没有无名指
As is the man who murdered Dalton Ladd the other night.
跟那天晚上谋杀道尔顿·拉德的人一样
I don't think we're looking at the witness to a massacre.
我想我们看着的不是凶案目击者
I think he's the perpetrator.
我认为他就是行凶者
That's El Mecanico.
他就是机械师
This is the guy the Feds have been chasing for years?
这就是联调局追查多年的人吗
If that's true, why did he even bother
如果是真的,那他为什么还要费劲
giving this statement?
留下这份口供
We think that the police got to the scene of the massacre
我们认为警察在他逃走之前
before he could get away.
就赶到了凶案现场
He had to come up with a cover story.
所以他不得不编个故事掩护自己
We're dealing with an exceptionally cunning opponent.
我们要对付的是一个非常狡猾的对手
He'd have to have this identity
他将这个身份
in place as a fail-safe.
作为失效保险
Once the authorities arrived, he crafted a tale
一旦警方到达现场
that took advantage of everyone's preconceived notions
他就按照人们心目中杀手的形象
of what a cartel hit man should look like.
编好一个故事
He sent the DEA hunting for a myth.
他让缉毒局去追查一个虚构的人
And no one noticed that the guy's
没有人注意到这个人
missing a finger on his left hand?
左手少了一根手指吗
They've been working off of partial fingerprints.
他们一直在查不完整的指纹
No one knew that they were pursuing a four-fingered man
在我们在道尔顿·拉德的凶案现场
until we found a complete set of prints
找到完整的指纹组之前
at the scene of Dalton Ladd's murder.
没有人知道他们要找的人缺根手指
That's him.
就是他
We're about to apprehend El Mecanico.
我们准备逮捕机械师
Well, let's say you're right.
就算你说的是对的
This guy told the Feds his name was Kent Jenkins.
这家伙跟联调局说他叫肯特·詹金斯
I'm guessing that's an alias.
那应该是个化名吧
All right, so we know
好吧,所以我们知道
what he looks like-- that's more than we had--
他长什么样子,已经大有进步了
but I don't see how we're about to put cuffs on the guy.
但是我不知道要怎么才能把他抓起来
We know what he looks like, and we know what he wants.
我们知道他的长相,也知道他想干什么
El Mecanico is nothing if not thorough.
机械师做事很彻底
He was contracted to kill Nigella Mason.
有人雇他去杀尼盖拉·梅森
Rest assured he's going to try and do exactly that.
他肯定会继续尝试直到干掉她
We don't use civilians as bait.
我们不会拿平民当诱饵
There's no need to put her directly in his crosshairs.
不需要把她送到他的枪口下
No.
没必要
There's no doubt he's monitoring her movements.
毫无疑问,他掌握了她的行踪
One of the simplest ways to do that
达成目的最简单的方法是
is listen in on her phone conversations.
监听她的电话
Anyone with 50 pounds to spend
只要花50英镑
can buy the software which lets them
任何人都能够买到一款
listen in on virtually any wireless call.
能窃听所有无线电话的软件
That's why we told her not to use her cell. Yeah.
所以我们让她别用手机,对
So, what if she slips up?
万一她不小心用了怎么办
Miss Mason told her friend
梅森小姐告诉她的朋友
she'd be at the bar at quarter to 5:00.
她四点四十五到酒吧
We can expect this guy to set up shop early.
那这个人可能会提前来准备
Be ready.
准备好
He'll definitely want
在采取行动前
the lay of the land before he makes a move.
他肯定会探查好周围环境
Hi there.
嗨,老兄
Don't move.
别动
Hands behind your back.
手放背后
Get on the ground.
跪在地上
I'll thank you not to refer to my client as "El Mecanico" again.
请别再称呼我的当事人为机械师
He's a gainfully employed citizen.
他是个有工作有收入的公民
He's on the books
但他的名字出现在
at one of Joaquin Aguilar's front companies.
华金·阿桂勒某个影子公司的账本上
Thank you.
多谢
Your text said you found him.
你发短信说找到他了
El Mecanico's real name is Keith Newell.
机械师真名吉斯·纽厄尔
I don't envy his attorney at the moment.
他的律师现在一定不好受
Your "gainfully employed" client
你有工作有收入的当事人
was carrying a $10,000 handgun when we picked him up.
被捕时身上携带着价值一万美元的手枪
That weapon is registered.
那枪是注册过的
We have him on videotape
我们还有他在缉毒局面前
lying through his teeth to the DEA.
撒下弥天大谎的录像带
I'm not completely convinced that's my client.
我不相信你们说的是我的当事人
We have his fingerprints at three different murder scenes.
在三个不同的凶杀现场我们都发现了他的指纹
You should be begging
你现在应该
to talk to me right now.
求着多跟我说几句辩解的话
You've just caught a mass murderer.
你刚刚抓获一个连环杀手
People have been hunting for this guy for a decade.
人们已经追捕他十年了
Well done.
干得好
And thank you.
还有,谢谢你
What's going on?
怎么了
Be right back.
我马上回来
I just got a call from Latent Prints.
我刚接到隐藏指纹处理处的电话
Something wrong?
有什么问题
We just compared that guy's prints
我们把这家伙的指纹
to the ones we found at all the murders.
和在谋杀现场找到的进行了对比
They don't match.
不吻合
What? Not even close.
什么,完全不一样
No, there's been a mistake. We ran it three times.
肯定出错了,我们比对了三次
Do it again. That man lied on videotape,
再比对一遍,这人在录像中撒过谎
he's missing a finger on his left hand,
他左手少了一根手指
and he was carrying a designer handgun
他还带着一把高级手枪
which he intended to use to murder Nigella Mason.
企图谋杀尼盖拉·梅森
Holmes, are you listening? The prints don't match.
福尔摩斯,你没听到吗,指纹不匹配
We can hold him for trespassing,
我们能以非法入侵罪拘留他
but he'll make bail soon.
但他很快会提出保释
And when he does, we're going to have to let him go.
如果这样的话,我们就必须放了他
Must be a hazard in your line of work.
这对你的工作不太好吧
Frustration.
沮丧的情绪
What? No, I'm just saying
什么,我只是说
you've both built a brilliant case.
你们俩构造了一个合理的案件过程
I really thought you had your man.
我真以为你抓到了凶手
It must be frustrating being wrong.
发现自己错了一定非常沮丧
It's true we've reached a crossroads,
我们的确遇到了瓶颈
but we're not wrong. Keith Newell is El Mecanico.
但我们没错,吉斯·纽厄尔就是机械师
And his fingerprint didn't match.
但指纹不吻合
That's a factor which needs to be accounted for.
这只是一个需要解释的问题
There's only one explanation I can come up with.
我现在只能想到一种解释
Which means there's only one explanation
所以也就意味着
that we need to investigate.
我们只需调查一种可能性
Fake fingerprints.
假指纹
Fake fingerprints?
假指纹
It makes perfect sense.
非常合理
El Mecanico, he's a cautious man in a hazardous line of work.
机械师是个做危险工作的谨慎的人
He has a set of false fingerprints as a last line of defense
他肯定有很多假指纹当救命稻草
against exactly the kind of meeting he had today.
以便应对如今天这种局面
I get it. But fake fingerprints?
我懂了,但是制造假指纹
Is that even possible?
这可能吗
Yeah, of course it is.
当然可以
They're rarely seen in the underworld.
这很少出现在下层社会
To make a top-notch pair,
要做一副完美的假指纹
you need a high-resolution camera,
需要高分辨率相机
you need a industrial-grade chemistry lab,
还需要工业级别的化学实验室
and ideally, a set of human hands for your prints.
理想地说,还需要一双人手来提供指纹
El Mecanico works for a cartel,
机械师为黑帮
so money's no issue,
钱不是问题
and I imagine they're awash with severed hands.
我想他们那里也有许多手可供使用
Yeah, that's how he's done it. Fake fingerprints.
所以他能做出假指纹
He must have peeled them off
他们把他带到警局去的时候
while they were bringing him to the station.
他肯定把假指纹撕掉了
Uh! Why are you poking me with your single stick?
你干嘛用棍子戳我
I'm poking the covers to determine whether or not
我戳被子是想看看
my brother is in there with you.
我哥哥是不是跟你一起在被子里
It's just me.
只有我
We should get in touch with him right away.
我们得马上与他取得联系
We're going to Denning.
我们要去丹宁
What's in Denning?
丹宁有什么
Well, it's where Keith Newell lives, for one thing.
至少吉斯·纽厄尔住在那
And why do we need to see where he lives?
我们为什么要去他住的地方
From the DEA files.
因为缉毒局的文件
Did you know that the partial prints
你知道机械师的几处不完整指纹
attributed to El Mecanico were found at three different crime scenes?
是在三个不同的犯罪现场被发现的吧
I thought it was two murders.
我以为是两起谋杀
Two murders, three crimes.
两起谋杀,三场犯罪
So they found the same print
在酒品店抢劫案中
at the scene of a liquor store robbery?
警察找到了同样的指纹
Someone stole all the Strawdog wine in the place.
有人把那里所有的草狗牌酒全部偷走了
Well, that doesn't make any sense.
可这说不通啊
Newell, or El Mecanico, or whatever you want to call him,
纽厄尔,或者说机械师,随便你怎么叫
he works for a billion-dollar business.
为身家数十亿的黑帮工作
He's got to be paid well,
肯定报酬丰厚
so I doubt he drinks cheap wine.
所以他不可能喝这么便宜的酒
And if he does, he can pay for it himself.
就算喝,他也付得起钱
Which is how I arrived at my theory:
所以我得出如下结论
Newell committed the massacres
纽厄尔戴着别人的指纹
wearing someone else's fingerprints.
犯下了那些谋杀案
But he didn't do the robbery.
但他没有抢劫
The robbery happened six months before the first murders.
抢劫是在第一次凶杀前六个月发生的
It was perpetrated by the original owner of the fingerprints,
是指纹真正的主人犯下的案子
who then donated their hands to El Mecanico,
之后他把自己的手捐给了机械师
presumably not voluntarily.
应该不是自愿的
Mm. Was there a suspect?
那个案子有嫌疑人吗
There's no mention of one.
这里面没有提到
The sheriff who looked into the robbery
调查这件案子的治安官
retired some time ago, but she has agreed to speak with us.
不久前退休了,但她同意和我们谈谈
I remember what you're talking about, sure,
我记得你说的那件事,当然
but it's a stretch to call it a case.
但说是案子也言过其实了
Why is that?
为什么
Someone stole all the Strawdog.
有人偷走了所有的草狗牌酒
Just the Strawdog.
只偷了草狗
We used to have a handful of homeless people in town,
镇上曾经有一些流浪汉
not more than ten or 12, but I kept tabs on them.
大约十个或十二个,我知道他们
I was sheriff, it was my job to know what was going on.
我曾是治安官,了解他们是我的工作
A month or two before Schultz's liquor store was robbed,
在舒尔茨的酒品店被抢前一两个月
this new guy drifted into town.
这个新来的家伙到镇上来了
Jed something. I can't remember his last name,
杰德什么的,我不记得他姓啥了
because everybody just called him "Strawdog Jed."
因为所有人都叫他"草狗杰德"
This guy spent most of his day
那家伙每天大部分时间
panhandling out by the lot where he slept.
都在他睡的那块地上乞讨
I went to pi him up.
我去逮捕他
Found about ten unopened bottles of Strawdog,
只找到十瓶没开的草狗酒
but no Jed.
但是杰德不见了
I figured he pulled up stakes
我想他应该是抢完商店
after he robbed the store.
然后就逃走了
It's odd, don't you think,
这很奇怪,你不觉得吗
someone called Strawdog Jed steals
一个叫草狗杰德的人偷了
great quantities of his favorite drink
很多他最爱的饮料
and then he just leaves it all behind?
却把它们都扔下了
His drinking buddy sure thought it was weird.
他的酒友确实觉得很奇怪
He swore up and down that something must've
他信誓旦旦地说杰德一定
happened to Jed.
发生了什么事
This lot where he slept,
他曾经露宿的地方
do you think you could show it to us?
你能带我们看看吗
The town redeveloped the lot with stimulus money.
镇上花钱把那块地翻修了
It's been a park for about five years now.
五年前那就成了一个公园
And where was it that Jed slept?
杰德以前睡在哪
Oh, I guess
我想
right around there.
就在这里
So what was the ground like before the lot was converted?
那块地被改造之前是什么样的
Was there greenery?
那里曾经有植物吗
Oh, maybe a weed or two. Other than that,
可能有几丛杂草,除此之外
it was just a patch of hardscrabble dirt.
那就是一小块贫瘠的土地
Excellent.
很好
Why is that excellent?
好在什么地方
Well, everything would have been planted
所有树应该都是
at roughly the same time
在这块地变成公园时
when the lot was converted into a park.
一起种下的
So everything's of uniform age.
所有东西看起来都是一个年龄的
Well, except for this oak tree.
除了这棵橡树
This tree's the same age as the others,
这棵树跟其他的树年龄一样
just taller and lusher and healthier.
但是更高更繁茂更健康
Maybe it got more food than the other ones.
也许它得到的养料比别的树多
Precisely.
说得对
Something in the soil's provided extra nutrients for this tree.
土壤里有东西给它提供额外的营养
You think something was decomposing down there.
你觉得下面有东西在腐烂
We're gonna need the police, some men with shovels.
我们得叫警察来,让他们带着铲子
But I think we might be standing
但我觉得我们应该正站在
on the grave of Strawdog Jed.
草狗杰德的坟墓上
Mr. Newell, on behalf of the City of New York,
纽厄尔先生,作为纽约市的代表
we'd like to thank you for providing us
我们感谢你为我们提供
with your fingerprints and your DNA sample.
你的指纹和DNA样本
We are unable to link them to either the mass killings
我们没能把它们和跟罗布勒黑帮
associated with the Robles Narcotics Cartel.
有关的连环杀人案联系起来
So we wanted to apologize
所以我们想为浪费
for any imposition on your time.
你的时间而道歉
We appreciate that.
非常感谢
However, we have been in touch
但是,我们与纽约丹宁警察局
with the police department of Denning, New York.
取得了联系
It seems that they have a new lead
他们好像对一个名叫
in the disappearance of a man named
杰德·艾珅的人的失踪案
Jed Eichen.
有了新线索
You might remember him as "Strawdog Jed."
你应该记得他叫"草狗杰德"
Turns out someone killed him.
原来有人杀了他
Buried him right there in town.
而且把他埋在了镇上
No hands.
他的手没了
But we did find some hairs
但我们找到了跟他埋在一起的
that weren't Mr. Eichen's buried right in there with him.
一些不属于艾珅先生的头发
Care to guess whose DNA they matched?
想猜猜跟谁的DNA相符吗
As part of a plea bargain,
作为辩诉交易的一部分
New York resident Keith Newell confessed today
纽约居民基斯·纽厄尔今天供认了
to working as a hired gunman for the Robles Narcotics Cartel.
为罗布勒黑帮当雇佣杀手的事实
It remains unclear
目前还不清楚
exactly how many murders Newell...
纽厄尔到底杀害了多少...
Hi.
你好
I'm here for Sherlock.
我是来找夏洛克的
I'm sure he'll be right up.
他应该马上就上来了
We've hired a chef.
我们为我的餐厅
For the restaurant.
雇了一个主厨
That's great.
很好
We'll be refining the menu over the next couple of days.
这几天我们要重做菜单
Congratulations.
恭喜
Thank you.
谢谢
I-I was wondering...
我在想...
...would you be my guest for the opening?
能不能请你去参加餐厅开幕
Wow, that's so nice. I would l...
太好了,我很乐...
Do you think that's gonna complicate things?
你觉得那会让事情更复杂吗
Look, uh...
听着...
setting aside the events of London,
把伦敦发生的事放在一边
I've come to think of you
我觉得你
as an extraordinary person.
是一个很棒的人
I'm so grateful you're in my brother's life.
我很感激你出现在我弟弟的生命里
And I would like very much the chance for you and I...
而且我很希望能和你
to become friends.
成为朋友
Marchioness.
侯爵夫人
So, you'll be pleased to hear I have reached out
你应该很乐意知道
to certain attorneys known to associate with Joaquin Aguilar.
我去找了华金·阿桂勒的律师
I made it quite clear that if any harm comes to you,
我告诉他如果你受到任何伤害
I will expose the fact that Aguilar knowingly sold a foal
我就会揭发阿桂勒
with fraudulent bloodlines.
贩卖一匹伪造血统的马
I'm confident he'll cut his losses.
我相信他会慎重掂量的
You should be safe.
你应该安全了
Thank you.
谢谢你
And what about me?
那我该怎么办
Why, that's up to my brother to decide.
那取决于我哥哥想怎么办
You are, as of this moment,
从现在开始你
out of the stud business.
不能再做给马配种的生意了
You're not gonna report me?
你不打算揭发我吗
I'm not done.
我还没说完
We've seen your records.
我们看了你的记录
Between the insurance payments
用你由道尔顿·拉德的死
you'll get for Dalton Ladd's death
得到的保险金
and the money you've saved, you'll have enough
再加上你的存款,你有足够的钱
to repay the victims of your scam.
赔偿那些受害人
You can keep the money Joaquin Aguilar gave you.
你可以留着华金·阿桂勒给你的钱
Use it to fund a new, hopefully more respectable
用那些钱开始一段正当一点的
start in life.
新生活
Sherlock and I will, of course, oversee the repayments.
我和夏洛克会监督那些补偿
Thank you.
谢谢你
It's been lovely seeing you again, Nigella.
很高兴能再见到你,尼盖拉
But if it's all the same with you,
但如果你不介意的话
I'd like to have a coffee with my brother.
我想跟我弟弟喝杯咖啡
I won't discuss the holidays, you know.
我不会跟你讨论假期计划的
That's fine.
没关系
I've no interest in covering our past
我可不想用乡愁掩盖
in a glaze of nostalgia. I accept your terms completely.
我们的过去,我完全接受
Where does that leave us, then?
那我们应该聊点什么
What would you like to talk about?
你想聊点什么

重点单词   查看全部解释    
blaze [bleiz]

想一想再看

n. 火焰,烈火
vi. 燃烧,发光

 
syringe ['sirindʒ]

想一想再看

n. 注射器 vt. 注射

联想记忆
suspect [səs'pekt]

想一想再看

n. 嫌疑犯
adj. 令人怀疑的,不可信的<

联想记忆
setting ['setiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 安装,放置,周围,环境,(为诗等谱写的)乐曲

 
duct [dʌkt]

想一想再看

n. 管道,导管

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
occupy ['ɔkjupai]

想一想再看

vt. 占领,占用,占据,使忙碌,使从事

联想记忆
factor ['fæktə]

想一想再看

n. 因素,因子
vt. 把 ... 因素包括

联想记忆
grave [greiv]

想一想再看

n. 坟墓,墓穴
adj. 严肃的,严重的,庄

 
deserve [di'zə:v]

想一想再看

vi. 应该得到
vt. 应受,值得

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。