手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法第一季 > 正文

福尔摩斯基本演绎法第一季(MP3+中英字幕) 第20集 销毁勒索文件

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Close your mouth, Watson. You'll catch a fly.

华生,闭上嘴,不然苍蝇会飞进去
I didn't you had one of those machines.
我不知道你还有一套刺青设备
Only needle these arms see anymore.
只在刺手臂时才拿出来
I keep it for the occasional touch-up.
我是为了偶尔补色而准备的
Well, wouldn't it be easier if someone else did it,
让其他人来做不是更好
like an actual tattoo artist?
譬如一个专业纹身师
I am an actual tattoo artist.
我就是专业纹身师
I did a lot of these myself.
早就熟能生巧了
How'd you...? Ambidextrous.
你怎么能... 我左右手都很灵活
Of course you are.
看出来了
Can I interest you in some ink of your own?
我可以给你推荐个纹身图案吗
Syringe with a line through it, perhaps,
一条线穿过一根注射器或许不错
in honor of your former career as a sober companion?
以此向你之前康戒陪护的工作致敬
I think I'm good, thanks.
还是免了吧,谢谢
I wanted to plan something for your anniversary.
我想计划一下你的周年庆
You're gonna be one-year sober in a few days.
再过些天,你就戒毒满一年了
They're gonna give you your one-year chip at your next meeting.
下次互助会他们要给你发一周年徽章
It's a big deal, Sherlock. You should be proud.
夏洛克,这很了不起,你应该引以为傲
You've been talking to Alfredo.
你和阿弗雷多谈过吧
He's been hounding me about my soberversary for weeks now.
他最近几周一直跟我唠叨戒毒一周年的事
Of course he has. He's your sponsor.
必须的啊,他是你的担保人
Which is why I have not had the heart to tell him
所以我不忍心告诉他
I've absolutely no intention of accepting that chip.
我压根没准备接受那个徽章
And why wouldn't you accept it?
为什么不接受
It is absurd to measure sobriety in units of time.
用时间来衡量戒毒是很荒谬的
It is a state of being. One is either in it or out of it.
那是一种生存状态,要么戒,要么不戒
In my case, I am in it permanently.
而我已经永远不会吸毒了
Amassing a collection of cheap plastic discs seems infantile.
攒一堆廉价的塑料片有点幼稚
Unless, of course, I could trade them in for a prize.
除非,我可以拿它们换个奖品
A brood of sea monkeys, perhaps.
或许可以换一窝咸水虾
Sherlock...
夏洛克
You're a ex-sober companion.
你现在不是康戒陪护了
It is no longer your calling to nag me, police me or reproach me.
你不必再唠叨我,监督我,指责我
If I require your opinion with regards to my sobriety,
如果我需要你关于戒毒的建议
I will ask for it.
我会直说的
You are right.
那是当然
Alfredo, your ears must have been burning.
阿弗雷多,我们正说着你呢
Hope I'm not calling too early. I'm with a friend.
希望这电话不算太早,我跟个朋友在一起
I think he could use your help.
我觉得他需要你的帮助
Sherlock Holmes and Joan Watson.
我们是夏洛克·福尔摩斯和乔恩·华生
We're here to see Ken Whitman.
来找肯·惠特曼
Uh, my dad. He said someone was coming by.
是我爸爸,他说过有人要来
Come in.
进来吧
You're quite good.
你人很不错
Eva. Thanks.
谢谢,我叫伊娃
Uh, Dad's in the den, just... down the hall.
爸爸在客厅,就在那边
I told you when I met you that I had a great sponsor.
我以前跟你们说过我有个很好的担保人
This is him.
就是他
The only one in the group willing to take a chance
小组里唯一愿意给我这个偷车贼
on a half-reformed ex-car thief.
一次改过自新机会的人
Alfredo said you were in trouble.
阿弗雷多说你有麻烦了
Two years ago, Eva used a fake I.D. to get into a club in the city.
两年前,伊娃用假身份混进了一个酒吧
A man named Brent Garvey slipped something into her drink.
一个叫布伦特·加维的人在她酒里下了药
He took her to his apartment and...
他把她带回公寓,然后...
The next morning she told me and her mom everything.
第二天早上她把整件事告诉了我和他妈妈
We took her to the police and they found Garvey.
我们带她去报警,并抓到了加维
She picked him out of a lineup.
她从一群嫌疑人里认出了他
Brave girl.
她真勇敢
After Garvey was charged, two other victims came forward.
加维被指控后,又有两名受害者站出来
He ended up cutting a deal.
他最后同检控官达成协议
Pled guilty for a reduced sentence.
认罪以获得减刑
Technically, it was over.
严格说来,事情就此结束了
But not for you and your family.
但对于你们家则未必
For Eva, it was hard.
对伊娃来说很艰难
She cut off contact with her friends.
她与朋友们切断联系
Stopped playing.
足不出户
Even tried to hurt herself.
还有自残倾向
We found her a therapist.
我们给她找了个心理医生
Things... got better.
情况有了些好转
She said she might even be ready for college next year.
她说也许明年她就能去上大学了
And then
然而
a few months ago, I got this in the mail.
几个月前,我在信箱里发现了这个
It's a-a video of Eva with Brent Garvey.
是伊娃和布伦特·加维的录像
The night he...
就是他把她...
"Mr. Whitman, you will transfer $10,000 to the following account
惠特曼先生,汇1万美元到下面的账户
or this video will be posted online
不然这段视频就会被上传
and released to the media.
并泄露给媒体
Your daughter will be a star.
你女儿就出名了
Do not go to the police,
别去报警
do not attempt to identify me.
别试图找出我是谁
If I'm arrested or physically harmed in any way,
如果我被捕或受到任何伤害
I have a fail-safe in place,
我有个同伴随时准备着
an associate who will release the video for me."
会在需要时替我发布视频
Eva had come such a long way.
伊娃一路走来很不容易
I didn't want to see her get hurt again.
我不想看到她再受伤害
So you paid the $10,000.
所以你付了那一万美元
I didn't even tell my wife.
我都没告诉我妻子
I just did it.
直接就付了钱
But then... a few weeks later...
但几周后...
They asked for more money.
他们再次向你勒索
I paid again.
我还是照付了
The third demand came a few days ago.
几天前他们第三次勒索我
I finally lost it.
我终于忍不住了
Came close to falling off the wagon.
差点酒瘾复发
My sponsor was out of town, so I-I reached out to Alfredo.
我的担保人出城了,于是我去找了阿弗雷多
I-I just needed to talk to someone.
我得找人谈谈
But then he told me about you.
然后他向我说起了你
H-He said you might be able to help?
他说你也许能帮我
I have a particular disdain for blackmailers.
我特别鄙视勒索犯
They are...
他们
in some respects...
从某些方面来说
more despicable to me than even murderers.
比杀人犯更卑鄙
Ms. Watson and I will find the person who's been targeting you.
我和华生小姐会找到勒索你的人
We will also find their associate. Then...
我们也会找到他们的同伙,然后
we will destroy every trace of this vile recording.
我们会把这些视频全部清除干净
You think he's the blackmailer.
你觉得他就是那个勒索犯
My tech expert in London traced the account number
我在伦敦的技术专家追踪纸条上的账号
on the note to that man and this address.
查到了这个人和这个地址
Charles Augustus Milverton.
查尔斯·奥古斯塔斯·米尔弗顿
He certainly looks the part.
他看着就很像勒索犯
I'm just surprised how easy it was to find him.
我只是惊讶于,找他未免太容易了
Well, he's obviously confident in the protection
很明显,他对自己同伴提供的的保障
that his fail-safe affords him.
充满信心
I'll assess the threat he poses,
我去看下他发出的恐吓
and attempt to divine the identity of his accomplice.
试着推测其同伙的身份
Once both individuals are known to us,
一旦掌握了两人的资料
we will destroy their blackmail troves simultaneously.
我们就能一举清除那些性侵视频
Another reason to dislike Milverton...
又多了一条讨厌米尔弗顿的理由
he keeps cats.
他养猫
Well, he should get himself a real pet,
他应该养些真正的宠物
like a beehive.
比如蜂窝
You see anything?
看到什么了吗
Laptop.
笔记本电脑
He could have used it to burn the DVD that he sent.
可能就是用这台电脑刻录那些光碟的
What's happening?
什么情况
Ken Whitman said the man who assaulted his daughter
肯·惠特曼说侵犯他女儿的人
took two other teenaged victims, as well--
还有另外两名受害者
Tracy Bender and Karen Pistone.
特蕾西·班德和凯伦·皮斯通
There are videos of them here, as well.
这里也有她们的视频
You think he's blackmailing their parents?
你觉得他也在勒索她们的父母吗
Them. Others.
除了他们,还有其他人
"Others"?
其他人
It would seem Mr. Milverton is a professional blackmailer.
看样子米尔弗顿先生是个专业勒索犯
I'd estimate that his victims number in the dozens.
我估计受害者有好几十个
He's back.
他回来了
He must have just gone to get some groceries.
肯定只是去买点东西而已
He's heading for the door.
他朝门口走过去了
You could have specified back door, Watson.
你该具体点说是后门的,华生
What're you talking about? He's coming through the front.
你说什么呢,他走的是前门
Please...
求你...
Holmes.
福尔摩斯
What're you doing here?
你来这干什么
I'd like you to take a look at something.
我想让你看点东西
Then I'd like you to join me in the conference room.
然后来会议室找我吧
You want to tell me why you asked me to look at
能给我说说,为什么让我看
what appears to be the brutal rape of a teenage girl?
如此残忍性侵少女的录像带吗
I thought it was important you understand what was at stake.
我觉得得让你知道是谁身处险境
The man in that video is Brent Garvey.
视频里的男人是布伦特·加维
He was arrested in New Jersey several years ago
几年前在新泽西被捕
and convicted of sexually assaulting three young women:
性侵了三名女生
Eva Whitman, Tracy Bender, Karen Pistone.
伊娃·惠特曼,特蕾西·班德和凯伦·皮斯通
Eva Whitman's father received that DVD in the mail,
伊娃·惠特曼的父亲在信箱里收到了这光碟
along with a note which demanded that he pay $10,000
还有一张字条,要求他支付一万美金
or see it released on the Internet.
否则就将视频传到网上
Now, I identified the blackmailer earlier this evening.
我今晚早些时候查到了勒索犯的身份
I went to his home
我去了他家
and I realized that he had sent similar threats
发现他也同样威胁了班德小姐和
to the parents of Ms. Bender and Ms. Pistone.
皮斯通小姐的父母
So you're here to turn over the evidence.
所以你是来上交证据的
It's possible...
我来这
that I am here to report
很有可能是要报告
a murder.
一件凶杀案
Or perhaps I'm just here to...
也有可能我只是来
seek the counsel of an investigator that I respect and admire.
咨询一下我平日很敬重的探员
Hypothetically,
假设说
the blackmailer was killed in his home tonight.
勒索者今晚于家中被杀
Hypothetically... I saw it happen.
再次假设...我目击了整个过程
Holmes...
福尔摩斯...
if you know anything about a murder,
如果对一件谋杀案知情
you gotta report it.
你得上报
There would be consequences.
那就会产生一些后果
The hypothetical blackmailer had a hypothetical accomplice.
那个假设的勒索者有个假设的同谋
That accomplice, upon learning of his partner's death,
那个同谋,在得知自己同伙死后
would release that video-- and others-- into the world.
就会把所有录像公诸于世
That is, of course,
当然,这只会是
if the accomplice learns of his partner's death.
在他得知自己的同伙死后
So you want to keep it a secret.
所以你想秘而不宣
It would give a motivated investigator
这样调查员就有足够时间
enough time to identify the accomplice,
找出那个同伙了
prevent him from enacting any offending fail-safes.
从而阻止他泄露出那些冒犯人的录像
Obviously you'd want to find the accomplice
很显然你是想揪出那个同伙
more than the killer but...
而不是凶手,但是...
what if the killer is the accomplice?
如果凶手就是那个同伙呢
Then all roads lead to Mecca.
那不是更加皆大欢喜吗
Blackmailer is foiled and a killer is caught.
阻止了勒索者,也抓到了凶手
All in one fell swoop.
一下子全搞定了
You have daughters, do you not, Captain?
你也有女儿,对吧,警监
So...
怎么样
Captain Gregson sees the wisdom
格雷森警监睿智地选择了
in keeping Milverton's death a secret. For now.
暂时不公布米尔弗顿之死
Well, I've been listening to the scanner since I got back
我从回来就一直在听对讲机
and there are no reports of gunfire
米尔弗顿的住所附近没有报告
or break-ins in Milverton's neighborhood.
发生枪击或非法闯入事件
Did you reach Alfredo?
你联系阿弗雷多了吗
Yeah, he said he would stay there as long as we needed him to.
联系了,他说如果需要他会一直待在那
He'd let us know if anyone came by.
如果有人过去他就通知我们
What about the materials I took from the dead man's desk?
我在死者桌子上拿的材料里有什么发现
Well, they're bills mostly. And some receipts.
大部分都是账单,还有些收据
Um, I did find this.
我还发现了这个
I think it's some sort of ledger.
好像是某种账簿
Records of payoffs from Milverton's victims probably.
可能是米尔弗顿受害人的付款记录
How are you doing?
你没事吧
You saw someone get murdered tonight.
你今晚看到有人被杀
You said you never got a clean look at the shooter.
却说没有看清凶手
Large man, approximately six foot two,
体型庞大,高约1米88
one hundred kilograms.
100公斤
His features were obscured by a mask,
脸部被面罩遮挡
his scent by the cat urine and kitty litter in Milverton's home.
身上沾有米尔弗顿屋里的猫尿和猫砂味
Even if I had reported the crime,
即使我真的报案
I would not have had much to offer.
也没什么有价值的口供
It's hard not to imagine that the killer was one of the people
不难想到凶手是米尔弗顿正在勒索的人
Milverton was blackmailing, but the captain raised
但是警监认为
the possibility that it was his accomplice.
有可能是米尔弗顿的同伙
Either way, our goal remains the same:
不管怎样,我们的目的不变
Find the fail-safe before he can release any salacious material.
在他的同伙放出性侵录像之前找到他
Well, if the killer was one of Milverton's victims,
如果凶手是米尔弗顿的受害人
why wouldn't he be worried about the fail-safe kicking in?
他为什么不担心那个同伙放出录像带
Well, it's possible that he solved whatever problem
可能是他已经清除了一切米尔弗顿
Milverton was taking advantage of.
可以泄露的东西
The fail-safe would mean nothing to him.
那个同伙已经对他毫无意义
Unfortunately, it still means a great deal
不幸的是,对米尔弗顿的其他受害人
to Milverton's other victims.
仍旧意义重大
The parents of the three young women raped
比如被布伦特·加维强奸的
by Brent Garvey, for example.
三个女孩的父母
I've arranged to pay him a visit in the morning.
我已安排明天与他见面
Garvey?
加维
What if Garvey was the accomplice Milverton entrusted
如果加维是米尔弗顿委托的
his fail-safe protocols with?
留后手的人呢
He's in prison-- how could he...?
他在监狱里,怎么能...
All he would need to release those videos is access
他放出这些录像只需要通过
to a smartphone or a computer.
一部智能手机或者一台电脑
Neither, I'm sorry to say, is impossible to come by in lockup.
很遗憾,在监狱里,这两样都有可能弄到
If he is not the accomplice,
如果他不是那个同伙
perhaps he can tell us who is.
或许他可以告诉我们谁是
Mr. Garvey.
加维先生
I heard the victimizers of children had a rough time in prison.
我听说欺负小孩的人在监狱里不好混
It's really nice to see that it's not just a rumor.
很高兴知道这不仅仅是谣传
Who are you?
你是谁
I'm Holmes, this is Watson.
我是福尔摩斯,这位是华生
We consult for the New York Police Department.
我们是纽约警察局的顾问
If this is about the guys who jumped me,
如果是关于打我的那些人
I already gave their names to the guards.
我已经把名字都告诉警卫了
We're here to talk to you about Charles Milverton.
我们想和你讨论下查尔斯·米尔弗顿
Before you say you've never heard of him, be advised
在你说从来没听过他之前,告诉你
we come fresh from a conversation with your warden.
我们刚刚与你的看守人谈过话
We know that he paid you a visit here several months ago.
我们知道他几个月前来看过你
Yeah, he's friends with my dad.
是的,他是我父亲的朋友
He came to see how I was doing.
他来看我过得怎么样
Is that why you gave him your collection of rape tapes?
所以你就给了他那些性侵录像带吗
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说什么
I've seen the tapes, Garvey.
我看过那些录像,加维
I have one in my possession.
我手里还有一份
I'm very seriously considering telling your friends
我正在考虑在离开这儿之前
here about them before I leave today.
跟你朋友们说说录像带的事儿
Maybe they won't wait to find you in the yard next time.
也许下次他们就等不及去院子里找你了
Maybe they'll pay you a visit in your sickbed.
他们会直接来病榻前探望你
We know you gave Milverton the tapes.
我们知道你把录像带给了米尔弗顿
We just want to know if you have access
我们只想知道你是否能拿到
to any of his other blackmail materials.
他手里别的用来勒索的材料
Other materials? Milverton had an accomplice--
别的材料, 米尔弗顿有个帮手
someone who would put forth his materials
如果他被杀了或被关进监狱
in the event of his untimely death or incarceration.
那个人会把他的素材公诸于世
The fail-safe, yeah.
他的同伙,对
Yeah, I know.
这我知道
He told me all about him when he came to see me.
他来找我的时候把这些都告诉我了
He said if I went to the police
他说如果我去报警
and I told them he was blackmailing me,
告诉警察他勒索我
his partner would release the tapes.
他的同伙就会把录像泄露出去
Blackmailing you?
勒索你
I didn't give him the tapes.
我没有把录像带给他
I had them in a storage unit.
我把它们放在一个存储间里
When I got arrested, I couldn't keep up with the payments.
被捕之后,我没法再去交租金
The contents went into auction.
那些东西就被拍卖了
Milverton put in the highest bid.
米尔弗顿出了最高价
Said he bought old units all the time.
他说他一直在买旧存储间
Got a lot of dirt that way.
这样搞到了很多秘密
Let me guess-- you have a parole hearing coming up?
你马上要进行保释听证会了,对不对
I'm sorry, but I can't help you.
抱歉,我帮不了你
I'm not in on it with these guys.
我和那些人不是一伙的
I'm just another victim.
我只是个受害者
So, what's the verdict on Garvey?
加维的话你怎么看
Well, as far as rapists go,
作为一个强奸犯来说
it would appear he's an honest one.
他还算是个诚实的人
After Milverton's initial visit to him in prison,
米尔弗顿第一次去监狱看他之后
he sent...
他发了
he sent a series of e-mails to his parents,
一连串邮件给他的父母
begging for loans.
向他们借钱
The dates of those e-mails correspond
那些邮件的日期
to payments made in Milverton's ledger.
和米尔弗顿账本的进账日期吻合
So Milverton was blackmailing Garvey and Garvey was paying.
所以加维遭到米尔弗顿勒索,并付了钱
But we're still gonna tell the police
但我们还是得在听证会之前
about the videos before his parole hearing, right?
告诉警察那些录像带的事儿,对吧
We will discuss the matter with the three girls' parents
我们会在恰当的时间跟三个女孩的家长
at the appropriate time.
讨论这件事
The decision should and will be theirs.
这事应由他们决定
In the meantime, we will stay the course
与此同时,我们会继续
and attempt to identify Milverton's accessory.
调查米尔弗顿同谋的身份
Before he find out that Milverton is dead.
在他得知米尔弗顿已经死了之前
Got it.
明白了
I found something in his ledger.
我在他的账本里有所发现
He makes regular outgoing payments to someone
他定期向一个代号为
with the code name "HENRY8"
"亨利八世"的人付钱
You think that's the accomplice?
你认为那是他的同伙
The payments are consistently ten percent
给他的钱一直是米尔弗顿
of whatever Milverton has coming in.
所有进账的十分之一
Seems like a reasonable rate
看上去是给勒索犯同伙
for a blackmailer's assistant.
合理的分赃比例
It's Alfredo-- someone's at Milverton's door.
是阿弗雷多,有人去了米尔弗顿家
He's gone.
他走了
Right after I texted you, he hopped into a cab.
我刚给你发完短信,他就跳进了出租车
Tried to tail him but I lost him in traffic.
我试着跟踪他但是跟丢了
Description?
他长什么样
Tall, six feet, maybe, fat,
高个儿,大概一米八多,很胖
gray hair, mustache.
灰色头发,有小胡子
Suit and cowboy boots-- it's weird, I mean...
穿西装和牛仔靴,我觉得
something about him.
他有点儿奇怪
Something like what?
什么地方奇怪
He seemed familiar, like I knew him or something.
他看起来很眼熟,感觉我好像见过他
Any idea from where?
能想起来是在哪儿吗
I don't know. Maybe I saw him at a meeting or maybe...
不知道,也许是在某次互助会上
maybe I stole his car back in the day.
也许我以前偷过他的车
You said he was wearing cowboy boots. Yeah.
你说他穿着牛仔靴, 对
What matters is that your eyes beheld him.
重要的是你亲眼看到了他
Which means his image was transmitted
也就是说他的图像已被传送到了
to your posterior parietal cortex.
你的后顶叶皮质
So, once we regress you,
所以只要我们帮你回顾一下
you'll remember every detail,
你就能回忆起所有细节
including where you know him from.
包括你在哪儿见过他
Re-what me? Regress you.
帮我回什么, 回顾
Normally, we would use a sensory deprivation chamber.
通常我们会用感官剥夺室
But in the absence of that.
但在没有那个的情况下
You want me to get in there? Yeah.
你想要我待在这里面, 没错
You grew up in New York? Well, yeah.
你在纽约长大吗, 是的
You watch late-night TV? Ah, of course.
会看夜间电视节目吗, 当然
Is this the guy you saw?
你看见的是不是这个男人
Involved in an automobile accident?
您是否身陷交通事故的麻烦之中
Well, there's a new sheriff in town.
我是本地新来的律师
Me-Duke Landers, Esquire. That's him.
杜克·兰德斯绅士, 就是他
"Come on down and see Sheriff Duke."
"杜克律师,随时恭候您的到访"
If you're looking for justice and money,
花最少的钱,追求最大的公平正义
come on down and see Sheriff Duke.
杜克律师,随时恭候您的到访
Charles Milverton.
查尔斯·米尔弗顿
Sorry, name doesn't ring a bell.
抱歉,我对这名字没什么印象
That's funny, Sheriff,
那就有意思了,律师先生
because you were seen knocking on his door
因为有人看见你今早去敲了
in Staten Island this morning.
他在斯塔腾岛区房子的大门
Can you prove that?
你们有证据吗
No.
没有
Nor can we prove that Milverton was your client.
我们也没有证据说明米尔弗顿是你的委托人
Or that he left certain materials with you,
也没法证明他是否给你留了材料
and told you to disperse them should certain fates befall him.
让你在他遭受不幸之后散布出去
Say this Milverton guy is a client.
就算这位米尔弗顿是我的委托人
The law would proscribe me from discussing him
根据法律规定,我也无权告知你们
with you in any way.
他的情况
So, now, if you'll excuse me.
如果你们没事的话,恕不奉陪
"Duke Landers, Esquire."
"杜克·兰德斯绅士"
I take it the title refers to your law license as opposed
"绅士"的头衔应该是源于你的律师执照
to your birthright as the eldest son of a knight.
而不是作为爵士的家族光环
What are you doing?
你要干什么
Yeah. Thought so-- this paper is 24-pound stock
这张是24磅的纸
as opposed to the 80-pound favored by most institutions.
而不是大多数学校会使用的80磅厚纸
Watson, I added several tomes on handwriting analysis
华生,我前不久在你的阅读书单里
to your reading list the other week.
加了几本介绍笔迹分析的书
If you've properly absorbed them,
如果你融会贯通了的话
you'll find the signatures of both
应该会发现系主任和
the dean and the board president most interesting.
校理事会会长的签名里大有文章
Ah, Florence Costello and Martin Faber.
弗洛伦斯·科斯特洛和马丁·菲博
They have the same D'Nealian capital F's.
他们写大写F的笔法一致
That's because they were written by one person
那是因为根本就是一个人写的
attempting to mimic two different styles.
他特意模仿了两种不同的笔迹
This certificate from the Unified Court System
那张联邦法院系统的资质证书
looks a bit dodgy as well.
看起来也有点问题
Perhaps I should give them a call,
也许我应该给他们打个电话
see if you're actually licensed.
看看你是不是真有从业执照
I know him, okay?
好吧,我认识他
I know Charles Milverton.
我认识查尔斯·米尔弗顿
But he's not my client.
但他不是我的委托人
If anything, you could say that I was a client of his.
正相反,可以说我是他的委托人
Explain.
怎么说
A few years ago, I got him off a DWI charge.
几年前,我帮他解决了一桩酒后驾车的官司
He said if any sensitive information came across my desk,
他说如果我这有相关敏感信息的话
that he could use it to make some money for both of us.
他可以利用这些资料为我们俩共同谋利
Just so we're clear--
我得说清楚
that's all I did.
我就干了这些
That's all.
仅此而已
Hey, I'm not the one that was supposed to disperse materials
我不是那个在查尔斯出事之后帮他
if something happened to Charles-- that was someone else.
散布材料的人,那是别人干的
You're a liar who lies.
你是个谎话连篇的骗子
Charles never told me his name,
查尔斯从没告诉过我他的名字
but I know that he's out there.
不过我知道有这么个人
Charles used to call him his fail-safe.
查尔斯把他当做同伙
We need everything you have on Milverton.
你所知道关于米尔弗顿的一切,全告诉我们
And I do mean everything.
请注意,是所有的一切
Lots of evidence
大量证据
that Duke Landers is even scummier than we thought,
表明杜克·兰德斯比我们想的还卑鄙
but nothing helpful on Milverton's accomplice.
但对我们找到米尔弗顿的同伙毫无帮助
How are you doing with the, um...?
你处理得怎么样,那些...
Are those sobriety chips?
那些是戒毒徽章吗
I ordered a set online yesterday,
我昨天在网上订了一套
had them shipped overnight.
他们隔天就送到了
Wanted to see what all the fuss was about.
我想看看那到底是个什么玩意
Colors are a bit garish, no?
颜色太鲜艳了,是吧
More appropriate to a successful
看来更适合颁给在拉斯维加斯
first year as a Vegas showgirl.
成功登台演出一年的舞女
Have you been playing quarters with these?
你在用这些玩弹币游戏吗
I didn't drink anything, Watson,
我没喝酒,华生
I just wanted to see them bounce.
我只是想看看它们弹起来的样子
I don't believe you.
我才不信你
Smell my breath.
闻闻我的口气
I'm not talking about the drinking.
我不关心你喝酒的事
I'm talking about what you said yesterday
我只关心你昨天所说的你的戒毒事业
about me not weighing in on your sobriety. What?
和我再无关系的事, 什么
Listen, if you want to talk about your feelings
如果你想谈谈
about your one-year chip, I'm here.
对戒毒周年徽章的感受,可以和我说
You were asking if I'd found anything.
你问我有没有发现什么
The answer is...
答案是
maybe.
可能有新发现
Two years ago,
两年前
Charles Milverton referred a client to the Sheriff.
查尔斯·米尔弗顿向律师推荐了一位委托人
His name was Abraham Zelner,
那人名叫亚伯拉罕·泽尔内
a morbidly obese man who wanted to sue an airline
一个病态肥胖的男人,想要起诉航空公司
for removing him from a flight.
因为航空公司取消了他的行程
Zelner was the only client Milverton referred.
泽尔内是米尔弗顿推荐的唯一一位委托人
Earlier we were theorizing that
早些时候,我们认为
"HENRY8" was Milverton's accomplice.
亨利八世是米尔弗顿的同伙
Henry the Eighth, as I'm sure you're aware,
亨利八世,你一定了解
was the fattest monarch in British history.
是英国历史上最胖的一位君主
So you think Zelner was his accomplice
所以你认为泽尔内是他的同伙
and that Milverton gave him that code name
米尔弗顿给他这个代号
because he was heavyset?
因为他胖吗
Hmm, Orson Welles was heavyset.
奥逊·威尔斯算胖
Abraham Zelner could pull small moons out of orbit.
而亚伯拉罕·泽尔内都能力转乾坤了
Captain, what is the first thing that comes to mind
警监,当我说亨利八世时
when I say "Henry the Eighth"?
你首先想到的是什么
Herman's Hermits?
乐队赫尔曼的隐士们的歌
Listen.
听着
Call came in a little while ago
刚来了一个报案电话
from a night watchman at a construction site.
是一个工地守夜人打来的
He saw some, uh, suspicious activity.
他看到了可疑行为
The responding officers found a perp
警察发现一名嫌犯
trying to dump a corpse into some wet cement
正在将一具尸体扔进大楼地基
in the building's foundation.
的湿水泥中
Victim was shot three times in the chest-- the perp claims
死者胸部三处中枪,嫌犯声称
he did it 'cause he was being blackmailed.
他杀人是因为被勒索
Some hypothetical bells obviously went off.
看来有些假设成真了
Was the victim's name, perchance, Milverton?
死者不会姓米尔弗顿吧
First name Charles.
名是查尔斯
The culprit didn't, by any chance,
嫌犯不会碰巧
confess to being his accomplice, did he?
承认是他的同伙吧
No, his name is Anthony Pistone.
不,嫌犯名叫安东尼·皮斯通
His daughter is Karen Pistone, Brent Garvey's second victim.
女儿是凯伦·皮斯通,布伦特·加维的第二位受害者
Yes, he was being blackmailed, too. Yeah,
对,他也被勒索了, 是的
and his attorney's already spinning his story to the media.
他的律师已经将消息公布给媒体了
So I'm afraid the news that Charles Milverton is dead
所以,查尔斯·米尔弗顿死亡的消息
is officially out.
已经不是秘密了
I got the first blackmail note...
第一次收到恐吓信
nine months ago.
是九个月前
It came with a DVD.
还有一张DVD
Hearing about it when it first happened,
第一次听到事情的感受
that was nothing compared to seeing it.
和看到光碟的感受无法比拟
I swear, if I could have got my hands on Garvey...
我发誓,如果我不能亲手抓到加维
Anthony,
安东尼
let's try to stay on topic.
别跑题
I did what I had to do.
我做了我该做的
I paid.
我付了钱
It wasn't easy.
那并不容易
My brother and I have a contracting business.
我和我弟弟做承包买卖
Work was slow.
盈利很慢
But no way was I gonna let that tape get out.
但我决不能让那个录像带公布于众
I thought that would be the end of it.
我以为付钱之后就没事了
I was wrong.
可我错了
A few weeks later I get an e-mail.
几周后,我收到了一封邮件
Same threat, same demand.
同样的威胁,一样的金额
How did you find Charles Milverton?
你怎么找到查尔斯·米尔弗顿的
He e-mailed me again last week.
他上周又给我发邮件
Asked for more money.
要更多的钱
I wrote him back and said I had it, but it was in cash.
我回信说我有钱,但只是现金
Said I'd borrowed it from a friend who runs numbers.
告诉他是从朋友手里借的
Couldn't deposit it in a bank without raising a red flag.
如果通过银行转账会引起注意
I left an envelope under a park bench.
我把钱装入信封,放在公园的长椅上
When he came to pick it up, I followed him home.
他来取的时候,我跟踪了他
A few nights later I broke in through his back door,
几晚后,我从后门闯入他家
shot him.
开枪杀了他
Grabbed his body and his laptop and took off.
将他的尸体和电脑拿走
Where's the laptop now? Smashed.
电脑现在在哪里, 被我摔碎了
I stomped on it and tossed it in some dumpster.
我用脚跺碎了,扔到垃圾桶里
I understand there was some postmortem damage
尸检报告显示死者死后
done to the victim's face.
脸部受过伤
When your guys came at me tonight,
当警察今晚找到我时
when I, uh, I realized I couldn't get away...
我知道我逃不了了
I looked down at Milverton,
我低头看着米尔弗顿
and it was like he was looking back at me.
感觉他正看向我
Like he was laughing.
像是在嘲笑我
I snapped.
我失控了
Lifted my boot up and just...
提起鞋打了他
He's got enough face left for an open casket.
剩下的半边脸也够他入棺了
It's more than he deserves.
这已经是善待他了
It's the guy you saw the other night, right?
他就是你那天晚上看见的家伙,对吧
The man I saw was wearing a mask,
我看见的那人戴着个面罩
but the height and weight are correct.
但是身高和体重都符合
And usually I feel so good
通常情况下当我将
when we've got a killer dead to rights.
凶手捉拿归案时我会很高兴的
The man is an idiot.
这人是个白痴
He's put all of Milverton's victims--
他将所有米尔弗顿的受害者
including his own daughter-- at risk.
包括他自己的女儿都置于险境
For all we know, internet is already flooded with their secrets.
众所周知,他们的秘密现在已经遍布网络了
I'm not saying I agree with what he did.
我并没说我支持他的做法
I'm saying I sympathize.
我只是觉得同情他
The guy plays his cards right,
这家伙很明白该怎么做
the D.A. won't ask for more than manslaughter in the first;
地检在初审时只会告他谋杀
he'll be out in three and a half years. Yeah.
三年半后他就能出狱了, 嗯
Holmes. I went to that address you gave me.
福尔摩斯,我去了你给我的地址
The one for the guy you thought
就是那个死去的勒索人
was working with the dead blackmailer,
的同伙的地址
Abraham Zelner.
亚伯拉罕·泽尔内
Tell me you have him in custody.
告诉我你已经把他拘留了
The address wasn't a residence,
那地址不是住址
it was a butcher shop in Chinatown.
而是唐人街的一家肉店
It gets worse.
还有更糟的
Can't find any record of the guy
我在国家犯罪信息中心和车管所
in the NCIC or the DMV database.
都找不到这个人的任何记录
None. Sorry. I know you thought it was a lead,
完全没有, 抱歉,我知道你觉得这是线索
but as far as I can tell, the name's a fake.
但是就目前看来,这是个假名
The brownstone is on fire, my bees have escaped
褐石屋着火了,我的蜜蜂都飞掉了
and there is a giant comet headed for Manhattan.
还有一颗巨大的彗星正朝曼哈顿飞来
Excuse me? The way the evening is going
你说什么, 以今晚的走势来看
I thought you could only be calling with more good news.
我觉得你要说的肯定是好消息了
I don't know what kind of news this is,
我不知道这消息是好是坏
but Alfredo was here and he thought we should know
不过阿弗雷多刚来过,他说
that his sponsor just got a new blackmail demand
他的担保人刚刚从查尔斯·米尔弗顿那里
from Charles Milverton.
收到了新的勒索条件
What do you think it means?
你觉得这是什么意思
Henry Eight.
亨利八世
You think his accomplice sent it?
你认为是他的帮凶发的
As Milverton's fail-safe, he would be privy
作为米尔弗顿的同伙,他会亲自
to all aspects of the operation.
督导这次犯罪的各个方面
He possesses the same prurient material that Milverton did.
他有跟米尔弗顿相同的色情素材
But instead of exposing it, as he was supposed to...
但是他没有像他应该的那样曝光材料
He's using it to take over the business.
而是利用这些材料接管了这桩生意
Milverton's murder has been all over
米尔弗顿的遇害消息在新闻上
the news for hours now.
早已铺天盖地好几个小时了
Henry Eight knows and doesn't care.
亨利八世知道此事,但他不在乎
Hmm. I can't recall the last time I was so thankful
我都不记得我上一次我如此感激
for the essential avarice of the human condition.
人类贪婪本性是什么时候的事了
You're happy about this?
你对此感到高兴吗
Milverton's plan has backfired.
米尔弗顿的计划事与愿违
His fail-safe has shirked the duties for which he was hired.
他的同伙没有做他被雇来应做的事
Which means, that for the moment, the secrets
这就意味着,至少现在来说
of Milverton's blackmail targets are safe.
米尔弗顿的勒索对象的秘密还没被泄露
Abraham Zelner, as it turns out, was a pseudonym,
亚伯拉罕·泽尔内原来是个假名
but I still think that the fat man
但是我依然认为杜克·兰德斯
represented by Duke Landers is Milverton's accomplice.
所代表的那个胖家伙就是米尔弗顿的共犯
You're gonna open up Lander's files again.
你要重新翻看兰德斯的文件
Only lead we have at the moment, so, yes.
这是目前我们唯一的线索,所以是的
But not before tea. It's gonna be a long night.
不过先喝杯茶,这会是个漫长的夜晚
Thank you, Alfredo. You've been most helpful.
谢谢你,阿弗雷多,你帮了大忙
Want to, uh, check in with you about tomorrow before I go.
我想在走之前跟你确认一下明天的行程
We're going to a meeting.
我们要去互助会
You're getting your chip.
你会得到你的徽章
Yeah.
对了
About that. Um...
关于那件事
tomorrow's not really good for me.
明天恐怕不方便啊
Well, you're working, I get it. But...
你要工作,这我理解
your day is your day, man.
但我们说好了要去的,伙计
I promise, it'll only take a few minutes.
我保证就占用你几分钟时间
Look, Alfredo...
听着,阿弗雷多
it's not the case, it's the chip.
跟案件无关,是那个徽章
I can't accept it.
我不能接受
I know that to most addicts
我知道对于大部分瘾君子来说
it's a treasured token.
徽章是个珍贵的象征物
It's a very tangible representation of the their
这是他们的努力与决心的
hard work and determination, but...
有形的象征
I'm not most addicts.
但我跟那些人不同
To me it does not commemorate a period of success,
对我来说,它不是一段成功时期的纪念物
but rather, the end of a period of great failure.
而是一段失败的人生的结束
I failed when I abused drugs and
滥用毒品是我的失败
I would really rather not be reminded of that fact.
我不愿意,再回想起这个事实
I'm sorry if that's how you see it.
很抱歉你是这么想的
You know what I wish you got?
你知道我希望你明白什么吗
Milestones like this one...
像现在这样的转折点
they're yours, but they're not about you.
是你取得的,但不是为了你
They're about all the people who haven't got there yet.
是为了那些还没有做到的人
They see you do it, and they think why can't I?
他们看你做到了,就会想为什么我不能
You know, I know it's hard,
我知道这很艰难
but one of these days, you got to get over yourself.
但是总有一天,你要看开这些
I believe I've uncovered the real identity of Henry Eight.
我相信我已经知道亨利八世的真实身份了
It all starts with the corpulent Abraham Zelner.
这一切都源自胖胖的亚伯拉罕·泽尔内
It was an assumed identity used for
这个化名曾经用来
the expressed purpose of an obesity discrimination lawsuit.
提起过一起肥胖歧视诉讼
When the airline that Zelner sued
当被泽尔内起诉的航空公司
made its first lowball offer of settlement, he accepted.
第一次提出低价和解协议时,他接受了
Probably because he knew that his false identity
可能因为他知道他的虚假身份
would not stand up to scrutiny.
经不起仔细的推敲
This started me thinking.
这让我想到
What if he'd done it before?
他之前会不会也这么做过
So, you think he sued other airlines?
所以你觉得他起诉过别的航空公司
Airlines, theaters, restaurants.
航空公司,剧院,餐馆
To the professional fat man, these businesses
对一个专业的胖子来说,这些就是
are a veritable deep-fried buffet of nuisance lawsuits.
名符其实的要挟诉讼自助餐
Each one,
每一个
with a lucrative stream of income.
都带来了丰厚的收入来源
I dove into the records of similar lawsuits filed
我暗中调查了在东海岸提出的
on the East Coast and focused only on those
类似诉讼的记录,而且只专注于那些
that resulted in quick "Go away" payoffs.
以尽快私了告终的诉讼
Do you notice anything unusual about the names
你注意到这些原告的名字
of these plaintiffs?
有任何异常的地方吗
Abraham Zelner, Brad Yates,
亚伯拉罕·泽尔内,布拉德·耶茨
Cory Xavier, Declan Winchell...
科里·泽维尔,迪克兰·温切尔
The initials,
是首字母
A.Z, B.Y., C.X.,
A和Z B和Y C和X
D.W. They represent a pattern. D和W
这是种规律
First name starts with an "A" and moves forward,
名字以A开头,然后按字母表顺序往后
the last names starts with "Z" and moves backward.
姓以Z开头,然后反向往前
I believe they were all assumed by one man;
我认为他们都是同一个人的化名
the same man that Charles Milverton
即查尔斯·米尔弗顿在他的账簿里
refers to in his ledger as Henry Eight.
称作亨利八世的那个人
That's great, but it still doesn't tell us the real name.
太棒了,但这还是没告诉我们他的真名
Nope. But it did help me find photographs
确实没有,但是这帮助我发现了
of the plaintiffs in two of the nuisance suits.
这两起要挟诉讼中原告的照片
One appeared in a Queen's newspaper
一张出现在皇后区报纸上
regarding the complaint of an Ethan Varner
是关于一个叫伊森·瓦纳的人
against a tanning salon whose beds could not accommodate
抱怨一家日光浴会所的床无法容纳
his prodigious girth.
他过人的腰身
Four years ago, the rotund Stuart Bloom
四年前,又矮又胖的斯图尔特·布鲁姆
sued a cineplex in Dover, Delaware
起诉特拉华州多佛的一家电影院
for excessively small seats. He received a $50,000 payoff.
座位过小,他得到了五万美元的赔偿
It's the same man.
这是同一个人
Stuart Bloom does not match the pattern.
斯图尔特·布鲁姆这个名字不符合规律
Does not. Because I believe it was his first lawsuit.
确实不,因为我认为这是他的第一起诉讼
You think that's his real name?
你认为这是他的真名
Abraham Zelner may not have a DMV record,
亚伯拉罕·泽尔内可能没有车管局记录
but Stuart Bloom most certainly does.
但是斯图尔特·布鲁姆显然就有了
He lives in Staten Island.
他住在斯塔腾岛区
Mr. Bloom.
布鲁姆先生
It's so dark in here.
这儿太黑了
What is it?
这是什么
It's cat litter.
这是猫砂
I don't think this was put down for cats.
我觉得这不是为猫撒的
I think it was put down to absorb odors.
我觉得这是为了吸收气味撒的
Very strong odors.
非常重的气味
Captain Gregson, meet Stuart Bloom,
格雷森警监,来见见斯图尔特·布鲁姆
aka Henry Eight,
也就是亨利八世
aka Charles Milverton's accomplice.
也就是查尔斯·米尔弗顿的同谋
Looks like
看起来
he's been here about a week.
他已经在这儿躺了大概一周了
Note the bruise pattern on his chest.
注意他胸部的瘀青
Is that a boot print?
那是个鞋印吗
Obviously the killer caught him unaware
很显然凶手出其不意地抓住了他
as he drove his head beneath the water.
然后把他的头强行按入水下
The body was too immense
尸体太大没法移动
to remove, so rather than dismember him,
与其将他肢解
Milverton left behind a decade's worth of cat litter
米尔弗顿留下了足够用十年的猫砂
to cover the stench of his decomposition.
来掩盖尸体腐烂的恶臭
Wait a minute, you think Milverton did this?
等一下,你认为是米尔弗顿干的
Why not Anthony Pistone?
为什么不是安东尼·皮斯通
He killed Milverton.
他杀了米尔弗顿
He would've had motive to kill Bloom, too, no?
他也有杀死布鲁姆的动机,不是吗
The bruise on Bloom's chest
布鲁姆胸部的淤青
suggests a shoe size between a six and an eight.
说明凶手的鞋码在六到八号之间
Milverton was a seven.
米尔弗顿穿七号的鞋
Mr. Pistone a 12.
皮斯通先生穿十二号
Also the cat litter spread about all over the place.
还有这地方撒满了猫砂
It's the same one that Milverton has in his home.
和米尔弗顿家里用的猫砂一样
I recognize the scent quite vividly.
那种气味,我辨别得出
We think if you run the credit cards,
如果你查下信用卡记录
you'll find that he purchased
就会发现他几周之前
an unusually large amount of the stuff a couple weeks ago.
买了远超出正常量的猫砂
Any idea why Milverton would kill his partner in crime?
知道为什么米尔弗顿要杀害自己的搭档吗
Bloom wanted a raise?
布鲁姆想加薪
I think the more pressing question, in my humble opinion,
恕我直言,我认为更紧要的问题
if Mr. Bloom hasn't taken over
应该是,如果不是布鲁姆先生
the blackmailing business, then who has?
接管了勒索业务的话,那会是谁
Well, this is a surprise.
这可真让人意外
I would've thought you would've covered
我以为这面墙
this wall with evidence by now.
会被你贴满证据呢
I did. I took it down.
我贴了,又拿下来了
Put it back up again. Took it down again.
再贴上去,再拿下来
Not helpful, I take it.
对你没帮助,我明白了
I've been through it all. So have you.
我已经深入考虑过,你也是
I need new data to move forward.
我需要新的资料以继续调查
I will take another look at it
我睡觉之前
before I go to bed.
会再考虑一遍
You were right about the sobriety chips that I ordered.
关于我被授予戒毒徽章的事你说得没错
I was trying to get a rise. I was...
我是想引起你的注意
trying to spark a conversation.
想跟你谈些事情
I told Alfredo that I, I could not accept
我告诉阿弗雷多我不想接受
my one-year chip
一周年徽章
'cause it would conjure memories
是因为它会唤醒我人生中
of a period of failure in my life.
那段失败时期的记忆
That's not true.
我撒了谎
I cannot accept my one-year chip
我无法在一周年纪念日时
on my one-year anniversary because...
接受我的一周年徽章是因为
it's not my anniversary.
那不是我的一周年纪念日
Are you saying you relapsed?
你是说你复用过毒品吗
It was a while ago. It was before I met you.
很久以前的事了,在遇到你之前
The day after I agreed to enter into rehab,
实际上,就在我同意入住
as a matter of fact.
康戒中心的的第二天
I had realized that my father was right.
我当时明白我父亲是对的
I needed to repair myself.
我得戒掉毒瘾
So I disposed of my drugs and destroyed my paraphernalia.
所以我处理掉毒品,毁掉了吸毒工具
The next day I entered Hemdale.
第二天就住进了汉德尔
The day after that...
但之后的一天
I got sick.
我生病了
And, uh, yeah, very sick.
很严重
So I devised a way to leave without being detected.
我想出了偷溜出去的方法
I got what I needed...
满足了我的需要后
returned.
再溜回来
And that was the last time I took drugs.
那才是我吸毒的最后一天
Not the day before.
而不是之前一天
Sherlock, I understand why you're upset,
夏洛克,我明白你为什么沮丧
but we're talking about the difference of one day.
但这只不过相差一天
It does not change what you did in the 364 that followed.
这并未改变在之后364天里你的努力
I decided to stop using drugs, yes?
我已决定了不再吸毒
I decided, me.
我决定了,我自己
And then 24 hours later...
结果24小时之后
It sounds like a mere detail...
听起来这只是纯粹的细节
but I'm a man of details.
但我要求每个细节都完美
And-and it, it matters to me.
这对我很重要
Now, I know that I need to tell Alfredo,
我知道我得跟阿弗雷多谈谈
but it's, uh, proving difficult.
但很难开口
And it just didn't seem right to tell him before you.
而且感觉不应该在你之前先告诉他
What is it?
怎么了
Charles Milverton's autopsy report,
查尔斯·米尔弗顿的尸检报告
which I would happily consider new data
如果他被枪杀时
were it not for the fact
我不在场的话
that I was there when he was gunned down.
也许就会认为这是新资料了
What?
怎么了
Uh, when you said that
你之前提到
Anthony Pistone stomped on Milverton's face,
安东尼·皮斯通踩伤了米尔弗顿的脸
I assumed it was all over,
我以为他整张脸都受伤了
but according to this, there's just damage to one side.
但看这些图片,伤只集中在一侧
They're gone.
不见了
What are?
什么不见了
His scars. There was patches of them here.
他的伤疤,原来这里有好几处
Very distinctive.
非常独特
Almost as though Pistone has targeted them.
就好像皮斯通是冲着它们去的
Mr. Pistone, such a pleasure to see you again.
皮斯通先生,很高兴再次见到你
I was so glad to hear that you made bail this morning.
听说你要今早要保释出狱,很为你开心
Thanks. My attorney said you had
谢谢,我的律师说
some more questions for me before I go home.
在我回家之前你想问我几个问题
Yeah. Remind us,
我们想再问你一次
when did you first identify Charles Milverton
你是什么时候知道查尔斯·米尔弗顿
as your blackmailer?
就是勒索你的人
A few nights ago, like I told you.
就前几天的事,我说过了
We now have reason to believe
我们现在有理由相信
that you actually crossed paths before that.
在那之前,你就和他认识了
Charles Milverton was savagely beaten four months ago.
查尔斯·米尔弗顿四个月前曾受殴打
He had to go to an ER.
伤情严重进了急症室
He said he was mugged, which is why
他声称被抢
the responding detectives took photographs,
所以办案的警探拍了照片留下来
but we think he lied.
但我们觉得他在说谎
He gave varying descriptions of his mugger to the police.
在描述劫犯特征时,他说法前后不一
The doctor who treated him chalked that up to concussion,
虽然医生说是脑震荡的缘故
but we think it was more than that.
但我们认为事实远非如此
We think that he couldn't tell the real story.
他无法说出实情
Which was that you found him and beat him until he surprised you
其实你早就找上门报仇,毒打了他
with an offer that you could not refuse:
但他的提议让你停住了拳头
a piece of his blackmailing business.
就是让你在他的勒索生意中分一杯羹
See these gashes, left temple?
看见他左太阳穴上的伤痕了没
Now these wounds bear a striking resemblance
这跟你戒指上的图案
to the emblem on your ring.
非常相似
Milverton was left with these scars.
你知道米尔弗顿脸上的疤痕
You knew this.
会对你不利
So when the police closed in on you two nights ago,
所以前晚警察围住你的时候
you trampled his face in a effort to obscure them.
你才会踩踏他的脸来消灭证据
You want to guess how many of these are out there?
这种戒指大街上到处都是
Mm. It's interesting that you failed to mention
还有件有趣的事
the other night that Karen is not your daughter,
你那晚并没有提到
but your stepdaughter.
凯伦不是你亲生的
According to your neighbors, you two fight a lot.
根据你邻居的口供,你们经常吵架
You found Milverton months ago.
你几个月前就找到了米尔弗顿
You intended to punish him, but he offered you
想要狠狠地惩罚他,但是
a piece of his operation in exchange for his life.
他为求保命提出跟你合伙
You needed the money.
而你正好需要钱
You took him up on his offer.
于是答应了他的提议
Charles now had two partners:
查尔斯这下有了两个同伙
his fail-safe Stuart Bloom and you.
斯图尔特·布鲁姆和你
Someone had to go.
但他只需要一个后援
Milverton murdered Bloom. Maybe you put him up to it,
也许是受你逼迫,也许是他自己的主意
maybe he did it of his own volition.
总之他杀了布鲁姆
Either way, I suspect a fifty-fifty split wasn't enough for you.
我猜五五分并没能满足你
These are theories, Captain. You're gonna need proof.
警监,光猜不行,你们得有证据
I agree. Which is why we conducted a thorough search
我同意,所以今早我们对你的委托人
of your client's business and home this morning.
的办公室及住所进行了彻底搜查
We found this laptop
我们在他的办公室
at his office.
找到了这台笔记本
It's Milverton's.
是米尔弗顿的
You told me you smashed it. Threw it in a Dumpster.
但你说你把它砸烂扔进垃圾箱了
Funny thing is we didn't find it in your desk,
怪的是,笔记本不是在你的桌里
but in your brother's.
而是在你兄弟的桌里找到的
He's already confessed to being your partner,
他已经承认他像斯图尔特·布鲁姆帮
the Stuart Bloom to your Charles Milverton.
查尔斯·米尔弗顿那样,做了你的同伙
He was the one who sent Ken Whitman
你被抓的那天
the new demand for money when
肯·惠特曼收到的勒索信
you were in police custody the other day.
其实是他送的
So it looks like you'll be spending
看样子
a few more decades in prison than you thought.
你得回牢里去再蹲上几十年了
Change your mind?
改主意了
I have not.
没有
What are you doing here?
那你来干什么
You okay?
你没事吧
There's something I'd like to discuss with you.
我有点事要跟你商量
Hey. I didn't hear you come in.
你什么时候回来的
You know me, stealthy as a shadow.
你知道的,我一向来无影去无踪
How'd it go with Alfredo?
跟阿弗雷多谈得怎么样
Liberating.
被治愈了
As you predicted.
你说得对
I'm lucky to have him.
有他在是我的福气
Look at the time.
时间到了
Happy real anniversary.
周年快乐
Regardless of the actual start date of my sobriety,
不管这什么纪念日是不是准确
I still have no interest in public celebrations,
我对公共庆典,励志演讲
speeches, encouragements or the bestowing of chips.
或是什么戒毒勋章授予仪式都不感兴趣
I know.
了解
Found it at a secondhand store.
在二手店买的
It's dark. It's not just for anyone, but
暗黑系,不是谁都适合的
I thought it was very you.
但我觉得很像你
I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you.
我只想让你知道,我在想着你

重点单词   查看全部解释    
shadow ['ʃædəu]

想一想再看

n. 阴影,影子,荫,阴暗,暗处
vt. 投阴

 
residence ['rezidəns]

想一想再看

n. 住处,住宅,居住

联想记忆
professional [prə'feʃənl]

想一想再看

adj. 职业的,专业的,专门的
n. 专业人

 
mask [mɑ:sk]

想一想再看

n. 面具,面罩,伪装
v. 戴面具,掩饰,遮

 
stream [stri:m]

想一想再看

n. (人,车,气)流,水流,组
v. 流动,

 
needle ['ni:dl]

想一想再看

n. 针
vt. 用针缝,激怒,嘲弄

 
foundation [faun'deiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 基础,根据,建立
n. 粉底霜,基

联想记忆
attorney [ə'tə:ni]

想一想再看

n. (辩护)律师

联想记忆
hypothetically [,haipəu'θetikəli]

想一想再看

adv. 假设地;假想地

 
decomposition [.di:kɔmpə'ziʃən]

想一想再看

n. 分解,腐烂,变质

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。