Mike ross is a fraud, and I'm gonna make sure
迈克·罗斯是个骗子,我保证
he never sees the inside of a courtroom again
会让他再也看不到法庭是什么样子
unless he's wearing an orange jumpsuit.
除非他穿上那件橙色的囚服上庭受审
That woman doesn't get anything
那女人无法从起诉
by prosecuting a fraud like you,
你这样一个骗子中得到任何东西
but she would love to get Harvey Specter.
但她会很乐意抓住哈维·斯佩克特的
I'm not turning on Harvey.
我不会背叛哈维的
You gotta listen to me!
你最好听我的
I'm throwing you a goddamn lifeline!
因为我抛给了你一条救生索
I want to tell Jeff the truth about Mike Ross.
我也想告诉杰夫有关迈克·罗斯的事情
He told you he loved you, didn't he?
他告诉你他爱你,是不是
I just don't want to lie to him anymore.
我只是不想再对他说谎了
Your whole story about how Louis got his name on the door
你所说的关于路易把他名字弄上墙的办法
is bullshit!
都是瞎扯的
And I came here to tell you the truth.
我是来跟你说实话的
It's over. We're done.
都完了,我们结束了
Never even thought for a second
我从没想过
that you would even consider
你甚至会考虑
an idea so disgusting as turning on Harvey.
背叛哈维那么恶心的想法
The only reason I thought about it
唯一能让我考虑它的原因就是
is because I am scared to death of you going to prison.
因为我害怕你会进监狱,怕得要死
I explicitly told you to stay away from Mike's case.
我特地告诉你离迈克的案子远一点
I don't care.
我不在乎
Donna, I don't think you get it.
唐娜,你好像没懂
There is going to come a time where you're gonna
总有一天你要在
have to choose between yourself and them.
自己和他们之间做出选择
If they're gonna come for me, they're gonna come for me.
要是他们想冲着我来,随他们来
Are you saying you're coming back to me?
你是说你要回来为我工作
Yes, I am.
是的,我愿意
Then I'll see you back in the office tomorrow.
那我们明早办公室见
Dad, you know I have to practice.
爸爸,你知道我必须得练习
I know you do, sweetheart,
我知道,亲爱的
But there's something I have to tell you.
但有些事我必须告诉你
What is it?
什么事
We're moving to Connecticut.
我们要搬去康涅迪克州了
What? Why?
什么,为什么
Your mom and I think it's best for you.
我和你母亲认为这是对你最好的选择
And what if it's not best for me?
如果这不是对我最好的选择呢
Honey, it is.
宝贝,那是的
And I found us a great apartment just outside Hartford.
而且我在哈特福德市外找到了一间很好的公寓
Lot more kids. You're gonna love it.
有很多孩子,你肯定会喜欢的
An apartment.
一间公寓
That's right.
是的
It's gonna be so much better than this big, creaky
那会比这个又大又老的房子好多了
There's something you're not telling me.
你肯定有事瞒着我
No, there isn't.
不,没有
Yes, there is.
一定有
How do you know that?
你怎么知道的
I don't know,
我也不知道
But I do.
但我就是知道
Oh, okay, Donna.
好吧,唐娜
My...business hasn't worked out,
我的生意,不太顺利
and your uncle offered me a job.
你的叔叔为我找了一份工作
I'm so sorry, honey.
对不起,亲爱的
It's okay, daddy.
没事的,爸爸
I'll let you practice.
那你继续练习吧
Dad?
爸爸
Will there be a room for my piano?
那里有地方放我的钢琴吗
Honey, I'm afraid there won't be.
亲爱的,恐怕没有
But your aunt teaches musical theater
但你的婶婶就在几个镇以外
just a few towns away.
教音乐剧
I've already signed you up.
我已经给你报名了
Thanks, daddy.
谢谢,爸爸
Ms. Paulsen.
鲍尔森女士
Could I get you a drink?
你想喝点什么吗
I'm not gonna be here long enough to finish it.
我不会久留的
Oh, you're gonna be here till I tell you you can go.
直到我同意你离开前你都要待在这里
Which you're gonna tell me sooner than you think,
那你肯定要比你预期的更早同意
because I've don't have anything to say.
因为我没什么可说的
I get it.
我懂了
Harvey Specter was your boss for a long time
哈维·斯佩克特做你老板已经很久了
maybe even more than your boss
也许还有比老板更深的关系
In which case, there's no chance in hell
因此,你肯定知道
you didn't know that he was conspiring with Mike Ross
他在和迈克·罗斯
to break the law.
共谋违法
The only thing I know is...
我唯一知道的是
that unless you're gonna arrest me,
除非你逮捕我
I'm walking out that door right now.
不然我现在就要走
Good.
好吧
You're as tough as I expected you to be,
你跟我想象的一样难搞
so for now, you are free to go.
所以你暂时可以走了
I told you I wouldn't be here long.
我说过我不会久留的
You're gonna get the door for me?
你要帮我开门吗
Oh, I'm not opening the door to be polite.
我不是出于礼貌才为你开门的
I'm opening the door so I can see the look on your face
我只是想看一下
when you see who's in that room across the hall.
你看到对面房间里的人时的表情
Dad?
爸爸
What the hell did you do?
你到底做了什么
I didn't do anything.
我什么都没做
Turns out your father got himself involved
听说你父亲几年前卷入了一桩
in a shady real estate deal several years ago.
见不得人的地产交易中
My father has never done anything wrong in his life.
我父亲一辈子都没有做过什么错事
Just like Mike Ross and Harvey Specter
就像迈克·罗斯和哈维·斯佩克特一样
have never done anything wrong?
从没做过什么错事吗
Ms. Paulsen, maybe you should reassess
鲍尔森女士,也许你应该重新评估一下
the quality of the men in your life.
你生活中男人的品质了
Let me in that room.
让我进去
Sorry, not possible.
对不起,不可能
But next time you see your father,
但下次你见到你父亲的时候
maybe you explain to him you put his life on the line
也许你可以向他解释你为了你的老板
for the man you work for.
而让他命悬一线
You know, I never thought that I'd say this to another woman,
我从没想过自己会对另一个女人说这样的话
but you are a cold, heartless bitch.
但你是一个冷酷无情的婊子
I am, and I've got a card.
我是,而且我有名片
Why don't I just leave that in your purse?
还是把它放在你的包里吧
In case you change your mind
万一你要是想通了
about helping me out with Harvey Specter.
要帮我解决哈维·斯佩克特呢
What are you working on?
你在忙什么
I'm just trying to figure out what Gibbs is gonna do next,
我只是在想吉布斯下一步会做什么
figure out how to fight it.
再想一下对策
Is there anything I can do to help?
那我能帮你做些什么吗
Yeah, you can tell me what your father said
你可以告诉我你父亲之前
you should do about me.
让你如何处理我的事
How would that help?
那会有什么帮助
Because I can't really focus on this
因为如果我在担心这件事的话
while I'm worrying about that.
就无法集中精力做别的
He told me to look in the mirror.
他让我照照镜子
And?
然后呢
How do you expect him to react, Mike?
你还希望他作何反应,迈克
He's angry and he's hurt, and
他很生气,很受伤,而且
Rachel.
瑞秋
He told me to get rid of you.
他让我甩了你
Good.
好吧
Why good?
为什么好
Because you told me that you would stay with me no matter what,
因为你告诉我无论如何你都会陪着我的
and when you keep things like that from me,
如果你瞒着我这些事
it makes me wonder.
我就会怀疑
But when you tell me and I see that look in your eyes,
但当你告诉我并且让我看到你的眼神时
I don't.
就没有了
Mr. Litt, I'm all settled in.
利特先生,我已经安顿好了
I just wanted to say
我只想说
that I'm so thrilled to be a part of your te
我很高兴能跟随你...
Yeah, you're happy as a clam.
是啊,你乐的跟开口蚌似的
Let's get one thing straight.
我们先说清楚一件事
You may have filled Donna's shoes with Harvey,
你或许在哈维那里成功代替了唐娜
but it's not gonna be that easy filling them with me.
但要想让我满意可没那么容易
Well, if that's how you want to play it.
你想来硬的就来吧
I already know that. I heard all about you.
我早就料到了,你的事我都听说了
Yeah? From Donna?
是吗,唐娜说的吗
From Norma.
诺玛说的
What?
什么
You knew Norma?
你认识诺玛
Damn skippy.
没错
Played mahjongg with that woman
过去三十年,我和她
every Tuesday night for the last 30 years.
每周二晚上都一起打麻将
Mrs. Fillstein's Game on 81st street?
81号街菲尔斯坦棋牌社
The very one.
就是那家
I've been trying to get into that game forever.
我一直想去那家棋牌社
You know she kept you out, right?
你知道是她一直不让他们放你进来的吧
Norma did that to me?
是诺玛不让我进去的吗
Well, I can't say as I blame her.
也不能怪她
Said it was her only peaceful night of the week.
她说那是每周最平静的一晚
30 seconds in, I can see what she means.
我进来30秒就懂她的意思了
But you could turn this around.
但你还有补救的机会
Play your tiles right with me, I could put in a word for you.
和我打牌,我能帮你说点好话
Oh, anything you could do would be so appreciated.
那我真是感激不尽
Yeah. That's more like it.
这才像话
I can do even better.
我还能更好呢
Please, make yourself at home. Take the day.
你今天就放假回家吧
Well, in that case, I'll see you tomorrow morning,
那样的话,我们就明早见了
bright and early.
明早见
You're here. I am.
你来了, 是啊
It's good to have you back, Harvey.
很高兴你回来了,哈维
Good to be back, Donna.
回来我也很高兴,唐娜
All right, enough sentimentality.
好了,多愁善感够了
I need you to
你得...
Clear your schedule for the next two months? Done.
推掉你接下来两个月的安排,已经搞定了
I also gave half your business to the partners that backed you
一半活给了支持你的合伙人
and the rest to Jessica and Louis.
其余的给了杰西卡和路易
I didn't ask you to do that.
我可没让你这么干
No, you asked me to come back to your desk.
是没有,你只让我当回你的秘书
I sure as hell did.
此话不假
What's next?
接下来呢
What's next is, get Mike into this office,
接下来把迈克叫来
and I don't want him wearing casual clothes;
可别让他穿的太随意
I want him with his superman outfit on.
让他把超人战袍穿上
He's gonna need a hell of a lot more
他需要的可不只
than a cape and some tights, because I just got
斗篷和紧身衣,因为我刚刚收到
a special delivery from the U.S. Attorney's office.
联邦检察官办公室的快递
Don't tell me; she's issued subpoenas
你可别告诉我她申请了查看所有
for every case Mike's ever touched.
迈克经手过案件的传票
She issued subpoenas for anything
她申请的是查看我们律所
anyone at this firm has ever touched.
所有人经手过的案件资料的传票
What does that mean?
那是什么意思
It means they're not just after Mike anymore.
意思是他们的目标不只是迈克了
They're officially coming after all of us.
他们正式盯上了我们所有人
Mike's already here. I'll get him.
迈克已经来了,我去叫他
I'm telling you, Harvey, this move is no joke.
我告诉你,哈维,这招可不是儿戏
That woman gets in the door, she will find something
要是让那个女人进门,她就会找出些什么
to pressure someone into saying whatever she wants,
逼迫某个人说出她想听的话
and I'll be damned if I'll let her rifle through my house.
要是我放任她在我的地盘撒野,我就完了
What exactly are you saying?
你是什么意思
I'm saying we need outside counsel.
我的意思是我们需要外部律师
Absolutely not. There's nobody we can trust.
绝对不行,我们不能相信任何人
There is one person we can trust,
有个人可以信
because you already told her Mike's goddamn secret.
因为你已经把迈克的破秘密告诉她了
Jessica, I am not bringing Scottie into this thing.
杰西卡,我不会把斯科特牵扯进来的
I'm telling you I can handle this.
我能搞定这件事
You don't even have a strategy to stop these subpoenas.
你连阻止那些传票的策略都没有
Well, then I guess it's a good thing I do.
好消息是我有办法
Well, then why don't you stop patting yourself on the back
那你就别等着人夸
and start telling me what the hell it is?
赶紧说吧
We go on offense.
我们主动出击
What exactly does that mean?
那是什么意思
It means that we don't have to prove
意思就是我们不需要证明
that she can't subpoena our records;
她不能传唤我们的记录
She has to prove that she can.
她得证明她能传唤
And she doesn't have a shred of evidence
而且她毫无证据
proving that you knew about me.
证明你知道我的事
If she got those subpoenas in the first place,
如果她能申请到那些传票
she must have something.
那她肯定有证据
Wrong, I worked in the D.A.'s office for five years.
错,我在地检署工作了五年
Judges give out subpoenas like candy.
法官发传票就像发糖一样随便
Then I suggest the two of you get the hell on down there
那我建议你们俩赶紧去找法官
and take that woman's candy away.
把那女人的糖抢走
The fact is, Your Honor, she has no grounds
法官大人,其实她根本没有
to even issue these things in the first place.
申请这些传票的依据
What is he even doing here?
他来干什么
I'm here because I'm a lawyer
我来是因为我是个律师
and I'm innocent until proven guilty.
在背叛有罪之前,我都是清白的
And those subpoenas aren't about coming after me;
那些传票根本不是冲我来的
They're about coming after him.
而是冲着他去的
You're damn right they are, because there's no way
一点没错,因为他不可能
he didn't know you're a fraud.
不知道你是个骗子
Where exactly is your evidence of either one of those things?
那你证明这些话的证据在哪儿
I see. They're not trying to fight these subpoenas.
我懂了,你们不是想撤销那些传票
They're trying to get me to turn over whatever evidence I have,
而是想让我交出手上的所有证据
which I don't have to do for another three weeks.
而我只需在三周后上交即可
You'll do whatever I say you have to do.
我说什么你就得做什么
Now, I want to know what started this whole thing.
现在我想知道这一切的起因是什么
We received an anonymous email from a reputable source.
一位有名望的线人发来一封匿名邮件
Yeah, and a stranger called me the other day
前几天还有个陌生人打电话给我
saying you killed six people.
说你杀了六个人
Can I subpoena her bank records?
我能传唤她的银行记录吗
You think this is a joke?
你当这是儿戏吗
You're damn right this isn't a joke.
你知道这不是儿戏就好
I'm being accused of a crime based on some bullshit email
因为一封没人见过的破邮件,我就被指控
no one's even seen.
犯罪了
I'd ask if you have that email on you, Ms. Gibbs,
我得问你带那封邮件了吗,吉布斯女士
but I wouldn't want to put you in the position of lying to me,
我也不想认为你在骗我
so let's have it.
拿出来看看吧
This is from a general Harvard faculty address.
这封邮件发自哈佛普通员工邮箱
It is. We are working on tracking down the sender.
确实,我们正在调查发信者的身份
Well, you'd better find them,
你最好找到他们
because without corroborating testimony,
因为没有确切证词
I'll not only quash these subpoenas;
我不仅不会准许那些传票
I'll toss the entire case.
还会叫停整个案子
Son of a bitch. It's Henry Gerard.
混蛋,是亨利·吉拉德
Harvey, if Gerard was gonna say something,
哈维,如果吉拉德想暴露我
why would he wait until now?
为什么要等到现在
I don't know, but it's the only goddamn person
不知道,但唯一可能出卖你的人
it could be.
就是他
All right, then I'm gonna go see him.
那我去找他
And do what?
然后呢
I'm gonna get to him before Gibbs does,
我要在吉布斯找到他之前找到他
get him to recant.
让他改变想法
This isn't testimony.
这不是证词
It's a tip to a crime you actually committed.
而是对你真实犯下的罪行的举报
I don't care. We have leverage on Gerard.
我不管,我们有吉拉德的把柄
Were you in there?
你还不懂吗
This woman has her sights on both of us.
这个女人对我们俩都紧盯不放
You go up to Boston, she's gonna have people
你前脚去波士顿,她后脚就派人
crawling all over Harvard,
把哈佛翻个底朝天
and you're gonna be the one who led her to Gerard.
那样你就会让她知道吉拉德
I can't just sit here and wait for the sword to drop.
我不能坐以待毙,等待厄运降临
Wait a second.
等一等
You can't go there, I can't go there,
你不能去,我也不能去
but I know someone who can.
但我知道谁能去
Jessica.
杰西卡
I was wondering when you were gonna show up at my door.
我还在纳闷你何时会来找我
So you've heard about Mike Ross.
那你听说迈克·罗斯出事了
Oh, everybody's heard about Mike Ross.
没错,所有人都知道迈克·罗斯的事情
Now I finally know what you were hiding from me the whole time.
现在我终于知道你一直以来对我隐瞒了何事
But what I don't know is how the hell
但是我不能理解的是
you let something like this happen in the first place.
你当初为何要让此事发生
We'll talk about that in a minute.
我们过一会再谈此事
But I'm not just here to apologize
我到此不仅是为我们之间的事
for what happened between us.
向你道歉
I'm here to ask for your help.
我是来寻求你的帮助
You want me to represent the firm.
你是想让我做律所的代理律师
If it comes to it, I want you to represent me.
如果事情发生到这一步,我想请你做我的律师
You got a lot of nerve coming in here to ask me that.
你到此向我提出如此要求脸皮可真够厚
Jeff, please.
杰夫,求你了
I made the mistake of not trusting you once.
我曾经因为没有信任你而犯错
I don't want to make that same mistake again.
我不想再犯同样的错误
Then you're gonna have to tell me the truth about everything
那你必须告诉我一切事情的真相
right now, and it's not gonna be protected
立刻告诉我,而且你我的谈话
by attorneyclient privilege,
不受律师与当事人保密协议的保护
And you're gonna have to trust that I'm not gonna turn you in.
而且你必须相信我不会出卖你
I was never worried that you were gonna turn me in.
我从未担心过你会出卖我
I was worried about putting you in a position
我是担心把你置身于一个难堪的境地
where you had to lie.
你不得不为此而撒谎
But I was ready to tell you that night anyway,
反正我在那天晚上就准备好要告诉你
so I might as well tell you now.
所以现在告诉你也无妨
Rachel, what's going on?
瑞秋,发生什么事了
I just got a call.
我刚刚接到了一通电话
They took Donna down to the U.S. Attorney's office.
他们把唐娜带去联邦检察官办公室了
We have to get down there right now.
我们必须马上赶过去
No, we don't. I'm gonna take care of her.
我们不去,让我来处理她的事
You go ahead and do what we were gonna do together.
你继续做我们之前计划好要做的事情
Harvey, Donna getting taken in changes everything.
哈维,唐娜被带走把一切都改变了
It changes nothing, so stop talking to me
什么都没有改变,不要再说了
and do what you have to do.
去做你的事情
It was Henry Gerard. What?
是亨利·吉拉德, 什么
The person who handed me in was Henry Gerard.
检举我的那个人是亨利·吉拉德
It was an anonymous email.
那是一封匿名邮件
No way. How would he even know that you're not a lawyer?
不可能,他怎么会知道你不是一名律师
That case we took last year, he figured it out.
去年我们接手的一个案子,他发现了破绽
Well, then why would he wait to turn you in now?
那为何他要等到现在才举报你
I don't know, but what I do know is,
我不知道,但我知道的是
you need to get up there and you need to get him to take it back.
你必须赶往波士顿,让他撤回那封邮件
How the hell am I supposed to do that?
这我怎么办得到
That's what you and I are gonna figure out right now.
这是你和我必须马上解决的事情
Wait a second. Where's Harvey?
等一等,哈维去哪儿了
He's got an important meeting that
他去参加了一个重要的会议
What could be more important than this?
还有什么事情比这件事情重要
Louis, it's a personal matter
路易,是一件私事
Where is he?
他在哪儿
They brought Donna in for questioning.
他们把唐娜抓去问话了
Goddamn it, this is what I was afraid of.
该死的,我就害怕发生这种事
I'm heading down there right now.
我马上赶过去
LouisLouis, listen to me.
路易,路易,听我说
They're gonna try and put pressure on Donna
他们会试着对唐娜施压
to turn on Harvey, and the best way
让她出卖哈维
to make that pressure go away is to make Gerard go away,
消除胁迫的最好办法就是摆平吉拉德
which can make this whole case go away.
这样也可以解决掉整件事情
Give me the goddamn email.
把那封该死的邮件给我
Now, before you go up there, we're gonna
现在,在去之前,我们必须...
I'm sorry. Wait a second.
对不起,等一下
Why would someone who knows you're guilty
为何会有明知你犯罪的人
call you a "potential" fraud?
把你说成是"潜在的"骗子
II don't know.
我不知道
He's trying to cover his ass somehow.
他可能是想保护他自己
"A potential fraud besmirching the sacrosanct name "
一个潜在的诈骗犯玷污了
of hallowed Harvard University
"哈佛大学圣洁的名声"
Louis, we really don't have time for this. Please.
路易,我们真的没有时间了,拜托
Mike, I know who wrote this email.
迈克,我知道是谁写的这封邮件
It's not Henry Gerard.
不是亨利·吉拉德
Excuse me, miss.
打扰一下,小姐
Are you alone, or can an old man pull up a seat?
一个人吗,我可以和你坐在一起吗
Hi, dad.
您好,爸爸
So have you looked over the deal?
你有没有仔细看这份协议
I have.
我看过了
And you see the potential I'm talking about?
你看出来我对你说过的潜力了吗
It's a great project.
的确是一个好项目
But?
但是呢
I'm not sure how wise it is
我不确定你再回去参与开发
for you to get back into development.
是不是一个明智的决定
I understand you would feel that way
我能理解在它对你造成的影响之后
after what it did to you, but
你会这样想,但是
I feel that way because of what it did to you.
我会这样想是因为它对你造成的影响
Donna, I told you.
唐娜,我对你说过
the banks are crazy for this kind of thing right now.
现在的银行很痴迷这种事情
All I need is $250,000.
我只需要二十五万美金
I can get a loan five times the size.
我就能申请到五倍数额的贷款
I don't know; that just sounds really risky.
我不知道,听上去真的很冒险
Aren't you always telling me that Harvey says
你不是总告诉我,哈维说过
if you want to get ahead, you need to take risks?
如果你想出人头地,你必须学会冒险
That's why you came to me.
这才是你来找我的原因
You're not looking for my money; you're looking for Harvey's.
你不是想要我的钱,而是想要哈维的钱
It would just be to secure the loan.
只是为了确保能得到那笔贷款
After the bank gives me the money, he's free and clear.
银行把钱给我后,就与他没有任何关系
Harvey's never gonna go for that.
哈维从来不会同意那样的事
I mean, even I know that's not legal.
我是说,就连我都知道那不合法
Donna, people do this kind of thing all the time.
唐娜,人们一直都在做这种事情
It's a sleight of hand, nothing more.
这就是一种戏法,仅此而已
Dad, you're doing fine.
爸爸,你现在干得不错
Do you really need to risk everything again?
你真的有必要再冒一次险吗
Donna, I manage a real estate office.
唐娜,我经营一家房地产公司
Everybody there makes more. Everybody there is doing better.
那里所有人都赚得比我多,干得都比我好
I used to be better.
我曾经干得更好
I know I can do this.
我知道我能办到
Please, all you have to do is ask Harvey.
求你,你只需要问问哈维
If he says no, he says no.
如果他拒绝,那就算了
Dad, I'm so sorry.
爸爸,对不起
Don't worry, sweetie.
别担心,宝贝
People have tried to rattle my cage plenty of times.
人们总是想尽办法惹我生气
It's never worked before, and it's not gonna work now.
以前都没成功过,这次也不会成功
That's what I told her. You're gonna be okay.
我就这样对她说的,你不会有事
Donna, can you give us a minute?
唐娜,能让我们单独谈谈吗
Harvey...
哈维
Yeah?
什么事
They're saying this has to do with that deal
他们说这与我在七年前对你提到过的
I talked to you about seven years ago.
那份协议有关
And?
然后呢
Is there something you're not telling me?
你是不是有什么事没有告诉我
The only thing I haven't told you
我唯一没有告诉你的事
is that I'm gonna get him out of this, no matter what.
就是我会把他救出来,不惜一切代价
What the hell did you do?
你到底干了些什么
What are you talking about?
你在说些什么
They didn't bring you in here
你要是七年前没做什么坏事
if you didn't do something seven years ago,
他们也不会带你过来
and if I'm gonna get you out of this,
如果要我帮你脱身
I need to know what you did.
我得知道你到底做了什么
I did what everybody else did.
我做了大家都会做的事
I inflated my collateral because you shut me down,
我夸大了抵押品的价值,因为你拒绝了我
so don't come in here telling me this is my fault.
所以别跑过来告诉我这都是我的错
I shut you down to protect Donna
我之所以拒绝你
from getting involved in exactly something like this.
就是为了避免唐娜陷入这样的局面
This is on you, not on me.
这是你的错,不是我的
Well, aren't you high and mighty,
你就这么趾高气扬地跑过来
coming in here accusing me of putting my daughter at risk
指责我将我的女儿置于险境
when the whole reason she's in the position she's in
而她之所以落到这一步的原因
is because of something you did?
却是因为你的一些作为
That's right.
好吧
They told me this is because they're trying
他们告诉我这些是因为他们
to get Donna to testify against you,
试图让唐娜作证指控你
and they want me to help them get her to do it.
而他们希望我能帮他们劝说她
Then why don't you?
那你怎么不去呢
Because I know it would kill her,
因为我知道这会让她为难死的
and no matter what you may think,
而且不管你怎么想
I would never do anything to hurt my daughter.
我绝不会做任何伤害我女儿的事情
Did you talk to Donna?
你跟唐娜谈过了吗
I talked to Harvey, and he said it's gonna be there
我跟哈维谈过了,他说他会去
I don't care what he says.
我不关心他具体说了什么
What are they coming after her for?
他们为什么要针对她
Mike, Harvey asked me not to
迈克,哈维让我不要
Rachel, what are they coming after her for?
瑞秋,他们为什么要针对她
They're not coming after her for anything.
他们不是针对她
They're coming after her father.
他们的目标是她父亲
What?
什么
Turns out he was involved in some sort of real estate deal
据说他曾经涉足一些地产交易
and they're saying it wasn't on the upandup.
而有些交易是上不了台面的
Goddamn it!
见鬼
Mike, calm down. It's nothing.
迈克,冷静点,这没什么
Harvey's gonna get them out of it.
哈维会搞定的
Look, it's really just a minor violation,
这就是轻微的违规
and no one would even care if it weren't for
人们甚至不会在乎这个,如果不是因为
Me. You were just about to say if it weren't for me.
我,你打算说,如果不是因为我
Mike, I... That's it.
迈克,我...行了
I'm pleading guilty.
我要去认罪
I'm gonna take the reduced sentence,
我要去接受这个从轻处罚
I'm gonna do the time, and all of this
我会去服刑,然后这一切
is gonna go away once and for all.
都会消失,永远消失
That's not an option, and you know it.
这不可行,你知道的
The only reason they went after Donna's dad
他们来追究唐娜父亲的唯一原因是
is to get to Harvey and Jessica.
为了你背后的哈维和杰西卡
If you plead guilty, all you're gonna do is help them do that,
如果你去认罪,你只会帮了倒忙
so you're either gonna turn on the two of them
所以你要不然背叛他们俩
or you're gonna fight this thing out till the end.
要不然你就抗争到底
We need to talk.
我们得谈一下
About what?
谈什么
About what we're going to do
谈谈如果控方拿到传票
if that prosecutor gets a hold of those subpoenas.
我们该怎么做
You mean what we're gonna do about the letter that Mike has
你是说要怎么处理迈克手上那封能证明
that proves you knew he was a fraud.
你知道他是假律师的信件
Yes, that's what I mean.
我就是这个意思
I'm assuming you were smart enough
我猜想你应该足够聪明
to destroy that thing the second they let you out.
知道在他们放你出来之后就毁掉那封信
And I'm assuming you destroyed the affidavit
而我认为你应该已经销毁了那封你让瑞秋
that you had Rachel sign saying she knew the truth about me.
签署的证明她对于我的情况知情的宣誓书
I didn't,
我没有销毁
but I had the same conversation with Louis, we worked it out,
但我跟路易谈过了,我们达成了共识
and I'm here to tell you
我过来就是要告诉你
I will get rid of mine if you get rid of yours.
你毁了你手里的文件,我就毁了我的
I knew it; you're actually considering
我知道你在考虑
turning your back on me and Harvey.
背叛我和哈维
I'm not turning my back on anyone,
我不会背叛任何人
but we both know you've done some things
但是我们都清楚你做了一些动作
that make me question whether or not I can trust you.
让我开始怀疑自己是否应该继续信任你
Well, then, the least you can do
这样的话,你能做的就是
is find the time to speak with my attorney
在判决下达之前
before that ruling comes down.
找个时间跟我的律师谈一下
Your attorney?
你的律师
I'm sure you've heard of him.
你肯定听说过他
His name's Jeff Malone.
他的名字是杰夫·马龙
You're even lower than I thought you were,
你比我想象得还要下作
and I didn't even think that was possible.
我都没想到你能做出这种事
Coming from someone with your moral compass,
像你这样道德水准的人做出这种评价
I take that as a compliment.
我就当恭维好了
What gives you the right
你有什么权利
to come after my secretary's father?
去针对我秘书的父亲
I'm not the one prosecuting him.
我不是起诉他的人
It just so happens that one of my colleagues
事实是我的一个同事
is going after him on a completely unrelated matter.
由于一件完全不相干的事在起诉他
Bullshit, the only reason you're doing this
放屁,你这么做就是为了
is to put pressure on Donna to come after me.
向唐娜施压,让她来指证我
Well, now that you mention it, the judge did say
既然你提起来了,法官确实说过
I needed something tying you to Mike Ross's fraud
我得找出你跟迈克·罗斯欺诈的联系
in order to get those subpoenas,
才能得到传票
and maybe that something is Donna Paulsen.
也许唐娜·鲍尔森就是我要找的联系
I should ask her.
我得去问问她
You already did ask her,
你已经问过她了
and now you're manufacturing
现在你操纵一个莫须有的案子
a bullshit case against an innocent man,
来指控一个无辜的人
and I'm gonna make sure you pay for it.
我保证你会为此付出代价的
He's not in here because of what I did.
他陷入这种境地不是因为我做了什么
He's in here because of what you did.
是因为你做了什么
So instead of blaming me, take a look in the mirror,
别指责我了,好好看看自己
'cause all you have to do is admit what you did,
你该做的就是承认自己犯下的一切
and all of this goes away.
这些都会随之而去
Louis.
路易
What are you doing here?
你在这里干嘛
You know why I'm here.
你知道的
I'm here because of this.
我来这里是为了这个
I don't know what that is.
我不知道那是什么
Please, your language is all over it.
求你别装了
You might as well have signed your name.
你这信就差签上你的名字了
What I want to know is why.
我想知道的是你为什么要这么做
I got a call about an article
我当时接到一个电话,是一篇报道
on Mike Ross's meteoric rise to junior partner.
关于迈克·罗斯如何飞速蹿升到合伙人
Problem is, I remember every student that's ever gone here,
问题是我记得这里毕业的每个学生
and there is no Mike Ross,
其中没有迈克·罗斯
so I doublechecked my file room,
我又在档案室仔细查了一遍
and then I sent this.
然后我就寄出了这封信
Sheila, you are messing with my firm.
希拉,你会毁了我的律所
Why didn't you come to me first?
为什么你不先来问问我
Because it didn't occur to me that I had to.
因为我觉得没必要去问你
That is bullshit!
一派胡言
You reported it anonymously
你匿名报告了这个情况
because you didn't want to look bad.
因为你不想做坏人
You didn't trust me to keep you out of it.
你不相信我能保护你不受连累
No, I reported it anonymously
我之所以要匿名举报,是因为
Because I was ashamed that it happened on my watch,
我为自己任上发生这种事而感到羞愧
but I'm not gonna stand by while somebody besmirches
但是我不能容忍这种
the good name of Harvard University.
败坏哈佛大学名声的行径
You have no proof that Mike Ross besmirched anything.
你没有证据证明迈克·罗斯败坏了什么
Why are you defending this lowlife?
你为什么要维护这种败类
Because if you'd come to me first,
因为如果你先来找我
I could have stopped this whole thing from happening.
我本可以从一开始阻止这一切发生
Oh, my God.
我的天哪
You knew.
你早就知道
Sheila, please, you don't know him like I know him.
希拉,求你了,你不如我了解他
What exactly are you doing here, Louis?
你到底来干什么,路易
I want you to retract that email.
我希望你收回那封邮件
Tell 'em that you made a mistake; you found the file.
告诉他们你弄错了,你找到文件了
I can't do that.
我做不到
Sheila, please.
希拉,求你了
When we broke up, I forced myself to accept it,
我们分手的时候,我强迫自己去接受
because ultimately I knew we wanted different things,
因为最终我知道我们想要的东西不同
but it killed me,
但我还是伤心欲绝
because I also knew that we were soul mates.
因为我知道我们是灵魂伴侣
But the fact that you're asking me to do this...
而你现在却让我做这样的事情
We are not soul mates.
我们才不是灵魂伴侣
I'm begging you.
我求你了
At least don't come forward.
至少不要站出来作证
I never was gonna come forward, Louis.
我本来就没打算站出来,路易
Now leave me alone.
离我远点
I thought I'd find you here.
我就知道你在这里
How are you doing?
你还好吗
Well, they're coming after my father
他们要给我爸爸扣上
for something he didn't do.
莫须有的罪名
How do you think I'm doing?
你觉得我还好吗
I'm sorry. Do you want to be alone?
对不起,你想一个人静一下吗
No. I'm sorry. It's just
不用,不好意思,我只是
Donna, please, you're worried sick
唐娜,别这样,你在为
for someone you love.
你爱的人而担忧
I get it.
我理解
It's just, last year my life was in Harvey's hands,
去年我的性命交付在哈维手中的时候
and he told me that my worrying about what would happen
他说我去担心他输了会怎么样
if he lost would only make it more likely for him to lose.
只会增加他输的可能
I know, and you can't help but worry about it,
我明白,而你又无法不担心
because it's your father.
因为那是你爸爸
No, I can't.
对,我没办法
And you can't help wondering,
你也没办法不去想
if it comes down to it, what will you do?
真的到了最坏的时候,你会怎么做
What?
什么
No, Rachel, how can you even ask me that?
不,瑞秋,你怎么能问这样的问题
I get it.
我知道了
Because if it comes down to it,
因为到了最坏的时候
you want Mike to consider turning on Harvey.
你想要迈克考虑出卖哈维
That's not what I said.
我不是这么说的
You know, if you're just here to get me
如果你来就是想要我
to think about doing that, I don't need that right now.
考虑出卖哈维,我现在不需要这个
No, no, no, Donna, I came in here
不不不,唐娜,我来这里
because I care about you and I am
是因为我关心你,我很
I'm sorry that I even brought it up.
我很抱歉我提了这件事
Are you sorry?
你抱歉吗
Excuse me?
你说什么
Do you think that I don't know
你以为我不知道
that all your problems are solved
只要我告诉他们这是哈维做的
if I tell them that Harvey did this?
你就万事大吉了
No, Donna, all of my problems are solved if Mike tells them.
不,唐娜,是迈克说了就万事大吉了
But, yes, my life gets a whole lot better
但你说得对,如果哈维能敢作敢当
if Harvey takes responsibility for what he did.
我的生活会好很多
What he did was give Mike a chance
他所做的就是给迈克一个
to make something of himself.
出人头地的机会
Which is why Mike's never gonna turn on him.
所以迈克绝对不会出卖他的
But you know what?
但是你知道吗
I would be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind
但如果说我没有想过迈克应该做个交易
that maybe mike should think about making a deal.
那是在说谎
And you can't tell me that since they picked up your father
你也别告诉我从他们抓走你爸爸开始
that the thought hasn't crossed yours too.
你没有过同样的想法
Well, thinking about it and talking about it
想过和说出来
aren't the same thing,
可不是一回事
and right now, I'm focusing on having faith in Harvey.
而现在,我要专注于相信哈维
Louis, what the hell?
路易,怎么回事
I've been looking for you all morning.
我找了你一早上了
What happened? It was her.
发生什么事了,是她
And?
然后呢
She's not gonna retract the email.
她不会收回那封邮件
Shit. What did she say?
见鬼,她说什么了
Oh, what the hell do you think she said?
你以为她说了什么
Said she knows you're a fraud,
她说她知道你是个骗子
she's not gonna take it back,
并且不会撤回邮件
and now that she's figured out that I've been a part of it,
现在她知道我也参与了这件事
she can't stand the sight of me.
她连看都不想看我了
All right, then we need to think of something else
好吧,那我们得想其他
Oh, did you just hear what I just said?
你听到我刚说的话了吗
She can't stand the sight of me.
她看都不想看到我了
Louis, I know you're feeling bad,
路易,我知道你现在不好受
but right now, Donna is under the gun.
但现在唐娜处境危险
What do you want me to do about that?
你要我怎么办
I don't know, but if she doesn't retract that email
我不知道,但是如果她不收回那封邮件
and they find her
他们找到她的话
No, they're not gonna find her,
不会的,他们不会找到她
because she sent it from a general faculty email
因为她是用教师公共邮箱发的
because she's ashamed of herself like she's ashamed of me.
因为她引以为辱,就像以我为辱一样
And this is all your fault,
而这一切都是你的错
so get the hell out of my office
所以从我的办公室滚出去
instead of trying to figure out a way
而不是想方设法
to cover your goddamn ass!
为你自己遮掩
You can believe this or not, Louis,
不管你相不相信,路易
but right this second,
但这一刻
I'm actually looking out for Donna.
我其实是在帮唐娜
I'm sorry, Mike.
对不起,迈克
Right this second, I cannot help you.
这一刻,我帮不了你
Good, you're here.
很好,你来了
Listen, I need you to take care of...
我要你去处理
Before we get to the game plan,
在我们讨论比赛策略之前
I need to know what's going on with Donna's father.
我需要知道唐娜的爸爸怎么样了
I'm taking care of it.
我在处理了
Did you get Louis to go see Gerard?
你叫路易去见吉拉德了吗
It wasn't Gerard. It was Sheila Sazs.
不是吉拉德,是希拉·赛斯
You gotta be kidding me.
开什么玩笑
Louis told his girlfriend about you?
路易把你的事告诉他女朋友了
No, Harvey, you told your girlfriend about me.
不,哈维,是你把我的事告诉女朋友了
Louis risked his neck to get Sheila
路易冒着生命危险去让希拉
to take that email back to save our asses.
收回那封信来为我们遮掩
What are you so bent out of shape for?
那你这么失控又是为什么
I'm bent out of shape because he couldn't do it,
我失控是因为他没能做到
And on top of that, Donna's dad is only in this mess
除此之外,唐娜的爸爸是因为我们
because of what we did, and you won't let me help.
才被牵扯进来,而你却不让我帮忙
That's right, Mike; I won't let you help,
说得对,迈克,我不会让你帮忙的
because you're under investigation
因为你正在因为诈骗
for being a fraud.
而接受调查
You're under investigation too,
他们也在调查你
there's nothing to be ashamed of,
问心无愧的话
then let's act like there's nothing to be ashamed of.
那我们就表现得问心无愧
Okay, that's all well and good, Mike,
好了,你说的都对,迈克
but I'm the one representing Donna's father, not you,
但我才是唐娜爸爸的律师,不是你
which means I'm the only one with a credible reason
也就是说只有我一个人有正当的理由
to pay a visit to the banker that gave him
去见那个最开始
that shitty loan in the first place.
给他那份糟糕贷款的银行家
Harvey, this is killing me!
哈维,这让我生不如死
I have to do something.
我必须得做点什么
Right now, the best thing you can do
现在,你能做的最好的事情
is think about what we're gonna do
就是想一下如果他们知道了
if they put it together about Louis's girlfriend,
路易的女朋友我们要怎么办
because if they find her, we're in deep shit.
因为如果他们找到她,我们就完了
How did you find me here?
你怎么知道我在这里
I remember every game you have
你的案子里的每一局
from our work on your case.
我都记得
And I knew I had to find you at a place
我知道我得在一个能让我们
where we couldn't be bothered by anyone from Harvard.
不被任何哈佛的人看到的地方见面
Because everyone from Harvard now knows you didn't go there.
因为现在哈佛所有人都知道你没有念过哈佛
Which is why I need someone from Harvard
正因为如此我才需要一个哈佛的人
to tell them that I did.
告诉他们我念过
Are you crazy?
你是疯了吗
No, I'm smart.
不,我理智得很
All they have is an anonymous tip
检察官手里只有匿名举报
and no corroborating evidence.
而没有确凿证据
You sign this affidavit saying that I was in your class,
你在这份证明我上过你的课的证词上签字
their whole case gets dismissed.
整个案子都会被撤销了
And what if it doesn't?
如果没撤销呢
Then I go to trial.
那我就出庭受审
This is reasonable doubt.
这是合理怀疑
I get acquitted, they can never try me again.
我无罪释放后,他们就拿我没办法了
Or it's not reasonable doubt, you don't get acquitted,
或者这不是合理怀疑,你被证实有罪
and I go to jail for perjury.
我就得因作伪证入狱了
I remember when you were willing to commit perjury
我还记得当时你作伪证
and we didn't just stop you; we saved your ass.
我们不但阻止了你,还救了你一命
I don't care. I'm not risking everything for you.
我不管,我不会为你冒这么大风险的
This isn't just for me, all right?
这不只是为了我,好吗
They are coming after everyone that I care about.
他们正在追查每一个我在乎的人
I feel for you, Mike,
我很同情你,迈克
which is why I never turned you in in the first place,
因此我绝对不会告发你
but I can't do what you're asking.
但我没法帮你这个忙
And what if I anonymously told Harvard
那如果我匿名向哈佛举报
that you took a bribe from a student for a grade?
说你接受过一个想得高分的学生的贿赂呢
You willing to bet everything that I won't do that?
你敢赌上一切确保我不会告发你吗
You do what you have to do,
你尽管去做吧
But I'm not putting my life in jeopardy
我不会把自己的一生都置入险境
by signing that goddamn thing.
就为了签那个鬼东西
Wait a minute, wait, wait.
等一下,等等
What if I had a way that you could help me
如果我有办法能让你不用作伪证
without having to perjure yourself?
就能帮到我呢
And how exactly would I do that?
怎么能做到
It's right in your wheelhouse.
就在你能力范围内
We're playing poker too.
咱们也来耍些小伎俩
I just...
我只是...
I just need you to help me bluff.
我只需要你帮我虚张声势就行了
Harvey, I need to ask you to do something.
哈维,我得请你帮我一个忙
Of course, Donna. I'd do anything for you.
没问题,唐娜,我会为你做任何事情
Well, it isn't for me. It's for my father.
其实不是为了我,是为了我爸
He wanted to know if you would consider
他想知道你是否有意愿
investing in his real estate project.
投资他的房地产项目
I'm sorry. I can't do that.
抱歉,我没法帮这个忙
You just said that you would do anything for me.
可你刚告诉我你会为我做任何事情
I meant I'd consider anything, and I just did.
我是说我会去考虑,我考虑好了
You haven't even looked at it.
你看都没看啊
I don't need to.
没必要看
You're family to me, he's family to you,
你是我的家人,他是你的家人
and you don't invest money with family.
而钱是不能投资给家人的
That's not what you said when Marcus needed money
马库斯因为餐厅的事需要钱时
for his restaurant.
你可不是这么说的
That's different. Why?
那不一样, 为什么
Because Marcus actually knew what the hell he was doing.
因为马库斯很清楚自己在干什么
You know what, Harvey? If you don't want to invest, don't invest,
哈维,你要是不想投资就算了
But I don't need a lecture from you
但我不需要你来告诉我
on what a bad businessman my father is.
我爸有多不擅长经商
Yes, you do.
你需要
Oh, really? Why's that?
是吗,为什么
Because if I know you,
因为我没猜错的话
you're thinking of giving him access to your 401K.
你正在考虑把你退休金给他
So? What if I am?
所以呢,是又怎样
Donna, this man lost your family's money once.
唐娜,这个人曾经把你家的钱给亏光了
You're gonna give him the chance to do it again?
你要给他多一次机会这么做吗
Harvey, this man is my father,
哈维,他是我爸爸
And he has been there for me my whole life.
他一直都支持着我
And I know what happened between you and your mother,
我知道你和你妈的事情
but don't you judge him for what she did.
但别因为她做的事就随便判定他
How dare you? This has nothing to do with that.
你怎么可以这样说,这和那事无关
You have a blind spot when it comes to him.
你看他的事情是有盲点的
I'm trying to protect you.
我这是在保护你
Well, you're not. You're being an asshole.
你不是在保护我,你这样做像个混蛋
And for your information, keeping me from being there
提醒你一下,让我远离我爸
for my father isn't protecting me.
才不是在保护我
It's pissing me the hell off.
而是在激怒我
Good, Donna, you're here. Look, I need you to
太好了,唐娜你在,我需要你去...
The only thing I need is for you to tell me what you did,
我只想听你说你干了什么
because I just found out that they're
因为我刚发现他们
formally charging my father with bank fraud tomorrow.
明天将正式以银行欺诈的罪名起诉我爸
Goddamn it.
该死
What did you do?
你做了什么
All I did was strongarm a banker.
我只是去逼了一个银行家
And why the hell would you need to strongarm a banker?
你为什么要去逼一个银行家
Because he had evidence that needed to get lost.
因为他手上有必须除掉的证据
I knew there was something you weren't telling me.
我就知道你有事没告诉我
What the hell happened seven years ago?
七年前到底发生了什么
What happened is, you came to me
发生的只是,你来找我
asking a favor for your father, so I went to him
让我帮你爸一个忙,于是我去找他
asking a favor of my own.
让他帮我一个忙
Bullshit. You don't ask people for favors.
胡说,你是不会让人帮忙的
You force them to do things!
你只会逼他们做事
You're goddamn right I do.
你说得太对了
I told your father if he took your money,
我告诉你爸如果他拿了你的钱
I'd pull every string I have to shut his deal down.
我就会用尽一切手段让他的生意完蛋
You had no right to do that.
你没权力这样做
I don't care if I had a right to do it or not.
我不管我有没有权力这么做
I wasn't gonna let you lose everything
我是不会任凭你失去一切
just because you couldn't see the truth about him.
只因为你没有看透他
The truth is, you went behind my back,
我看透的是,你没经允许掺和我的私事
and then he did something illegal,
他又做了些违法的事情
and now I have to choose between you and him
弄得我现在要因为你们的所作所为
because of what you did!
在你们之间做选择
What I did was keep you
我做的只有
from being involved in this mess.
让你不趟这趟浑水
No, Harvey, what you did was start this mess
不,哈维,那天你一意孤行
the day you went ahead and hired a fraud.
雇了个骗子进来,制造了这趟浑水
What happened?
怎么了
They're formally charging Donna's father,
他们要正式起诉唐娜的父亲了
and we need to figure out a way to get his case thrown out.
我们得找法子让他的案子撤回
Well, then we have to get my case thrown out,
那样我们得让我的案子撤回
Because then they won't care about Donna's dad.
因为这会让他们顾不得唐娜的爸爸
And how the hell are we gonna do that?
那该怎么做呢
I went to see Gerard.
我去见吉拉德了
God damn it, didn't I tell you not to do that?
该死,我不是让你别这么做吗
That was before we knew he wasn't the one
那是因为之前我们不知道
that tipped them off.
他没告发我
If he wasn't the one who tipped them off,
那如果他没有告发你
what the hell did you go to him for?
那你找他干什么
I went to him for this.
我找他是为了这个
This is a vaguely worded statement.
这是一份用词很模糊的声明
It doesn't even specifically say you went to Harvard.
并不能很好地说明你上过哈佛
It doesn't have to.
没必要说明
It says that he's known me to be an amazing lawyer,
这上面声称因为我掌握了他教的知识
that I've shown mastery of the material that he teaches,
他知道我会是名杰出的律师
and that as far as he's concerned,
而就他所知而言
I'm an outstanding student of the law.
我是一名杰出的法律系学生
It's total bullshit.
简直是狗屁
It's not total bullshit, all right?
这可不是狗屁,好吗
If they don't find Sheila and we do this,
如果他们没找到希拉,我们又有这个
we could get the whole case thrown out.
整个案子就会被驳回
Gibbs'll see right through this.
吉布斯会看穿这把戏的
She'll put Gerard on the stand,
她会让吉拉德出庭作证
and she'll ask him point blank
直截了当地问他
if he knows for a fact that you never went to Harvard,
他是否知道你没上过哈佛
and we'll have signed our own death warrant.
这样就等于我们判了自己死刑
She's not gonna do that, because it violates
她不会的,因为这违反了
the number one rule of being a lawyer that you taught me:
你教我的律师守则第一条
Don't ask a question that you don't have the answer to.
不要问你不知道答案的问题
It's too big a risk.
风险太大了
Harvey, Donna's dad is at risk,
哈维,唐娜的父亲处境危险
and he's at risk because of me.
而事情是因我而起
The only way to get him out is to have me to turn on you
唯一能让他脱身的办法就是我去告发你
or for us to get this whole thing thrown out,
才能把事情了结
so are you on board with this or not?
所以你到底同不同意
We better pray this bullshit works,
我们最好祈祷这招有用
because, if it doesn't, at least one of us
不然的话,明天我们俩至少有一个
is gonna end up in prison tomorrow.
要蹲监狱去了
All right, what are we doing here?
我们要干什么
Your Honor, we have a motion
法官大人,我们提出动议
to dismiss Mike Ross's case.
撤销迈克·罗斯的案子
On what grounds?
以什么理由
On the grounds that I have a letter here
理由是我这里有一封来自
from Professor Henry Gerard of Harvard Law
哈佛法学院亨利·吉拉德教授的信
saying that Mike Ross was in his class.
称迈克·罗斯当时在他的班级中
This is ridiculous.
真是可笑
Even if Mr. Ross were in that class,
就算罗斯先生在他的班级中
it doesn't mean he was matriculated.
也不能证明他就是哈佛的注册学生
You still haven't shown any evidence that he wasn't,
但你也没有任何证据表明他不是
which is why that document should get this case dismissed.
所以有了这份文件,这个案子应该被撤销
This document is
这份文件不过是
a cryptically worded piece of shit,
一张措辞模糊的废纸罢了
and you're a man who has a reputation
而且你又是个名声在外
for crossing the line.
不择手段的人
Ms. Gibbs, language. What are you implying?
吉布斯女士,注意言辞,你想说什么
Your Honor, there's a good chance
法官大人,这很有可能
he coerced this Professor Gerard into signing this thing.
是他逼吉拉德教授签的
So our exhibits are all from blackmail,
所以我们的证物都是敲诈勒索来的
but yours are squeaky clean because you're Mother Teresa?
只有你的证据是干净的,你是特雷莎修女啊
I may not be Mother Teresa,
我或许不是特雷莎修女
but I don't resort to coercion to get my evidence.
但我的证据肯定不是严刑逼供来的
Then what exactly are you doing
那你对唐娜·鲍尔森父亲的所作所为
with Donna Paulsen's father?
要怎么解释
Care to tell me what he's talking about?
介意告诉我他在说什么吗
I'll tell you. She fabricated a charge
我来告诉您,她针对一个无辜的商人
against an innocent businessman to pressure my secretary
进行虚假指控,以此来给我的秘书施压
into giving false testimony against me.
好让她做假证指认我
Your Honor, it's standard practice
法官大人,找到能对付重要证人的筹码
to find leverage against a vital witness.
并不出格
Oh, is it also standard practice to have
那让联邦法警在小隔间里
a federal marshal rough me up in a holding cell?
殴打我,也不出格吗
Ms. Gibbs, if I find out there's an abuse of power here,
吉布斯女士,如果我发现有滥用职权
I will be switching my focus to you.
那你就将是我的重点关注对象了
Then before you rule on their motion,
在您对他们的请求做出裁决之前
the state has the right
州检有权
to question this Professor Gerard.
对吉拉德教授进行提问
Your Honor, can Ms. Gibbs and I have a minute alone?
法官大人,我可以和吉布斯女士单独聊聊吗
Please.
请
You think I don't know this letter is complete bullshit?
你以为我不知道这封信就是在胡扯吗
I pull this clown up on the stand,
我把这个跳梁小丑拉到庭上来
he's gonna tell me the truth in a minute.
他马上就会说实话
Okay, this clown is one of
这个小丑可是国内最有名的
the most distinguished ethics professors in the country.
职业道德教授之一
You put him up there, this case is over for you
你把他拉到庭上,这个案子会在
before you even get started.
你开始之前就结束
Then why the hell isn't he here right now
那怎么现在不见他来
verifying this thing?
证明这事呢
Because that kid cares more about Donna Paulsen
因为比起他自己
than he does about himself.
这小子更在乎唐娜·鲍尔森
What do you want?
你想怎样
I want to make a deal that letter for Donna's father.
我想做个交易,这封信换唐娜的父亲
This is too good for you.
这也太便宜你了
If you really had Gerard, he'd be down here right now.
如果你真的有吉拉德这张牌,他早就来了
If it were up to me, he'd be down here right now,
如果真是我说了算的话,他早就到了
but this is Mike's call.
但这是迈克的决定
This is a onetime offer, and the clock's ticking.
机不可失,时间不等人
You still get to go to trial,
你还是要上庭审
we get Donna and her father off limits,
让唐娜和他父亲置身事外
and we both live to fight another day.
我们俩择日再战
I want my subpoenas too.
我还想要回我的传票
No way. Judge said no.
没门儿,法官说了不行
You try to pull this thing out at trial,
你要是把这件事在庭审上再说出来
I will rip your professor friend to shreds.
我就把你那位教授朋友撕个稀巴烂
Your honor, Ms. Gibbs and I have come to an agreement.
法官大人,我和吉布斯女士已达成协议
She's dropping all charges against James Paulsen,
她放弃对詹姆斯·鲍尔森的所有指控
and we withdraw our motion to dismiss.
我们撤回驳回此案的动议
See you next week.
下周见
Nice club.
俱乐部不错啊
Are you new?
新来的吗
Just visiting. Not much of a golfer.
随便看看,不爱打高尔夫
Unfortunately, neither am I.
真不幸,我也是
Harvey Specter.
哈维·斯佩克特
Jim Paulsen.
吉姆·鲍尔森
I assume this is about the opportunity
我猜这是关于唐娜
Donna brought you.
给你带去的那个机会
It'd be an opportunity if the numbers added up, jim,
如果数字合理的话才是个机会,吉姆
but they don't.
但并不合理
I don't understand.
我不懂
I thought you were the type of man
我以为你是那种
that was willing to take risks. I am ...
愿意冒风险的人,我是...
but not if it puts people I care about in jeopardy,
但若会置我在乎的人于险境,那就另当别论了
which is why I'm here to tell you
所以我来是想告诉你
that when Donna offers you her 401k,
如果唐娜要把她的养老金给你
you're gonna tell her you don't need it anymore.
请你拒绝
No offense, Mr. Specter, but what my daughter does
无意冒犯,斯佩克特先生,但我女儿
with her money is none of your business.
怎么处理她的钱,与你无关
Well, it became my business when Donna put you
当唐娜对你太崇拜以至于
so far up on a pedestal that she couldn't smell
她不能分辨你那满嘴胡话的时候
the bullshit you were dishing out.
我就必须要管了
It's not bullshit.
我没有在胡说
Yes, it is. I looked at that deal.
你有,我看过那个交易了
There's no way you're getting the kind of money you need
你不可能一点手脚都不动
without doing something shady.
就拿到那么大一笔钱
Inflating my assets to get a loan isn't shady.
夸大点我的资产获得贷款算不上动手脚
Everybody does it.
大家都这么干
That's what everybody thinks until the music stops,
大家完蛋前都是这么想的
which is why if you involve Donna in this deal,
所以如果你让唐娜牵涉其中
so help me god, I will pull every string I have
我发誓,我会用尽手段
to tie your project up in court for the next 20 years.
让你的项目在法庭上绑二十年
I'm just trying to make my way.
我只是在努力打拼罢了
All I'm telling you is, you can make it without Donna.
我想说的只是,别连累唐娜就行
You act as if you think I don't love my own daughter.
你好像觉得我连自己女儿都不爱一样
People who love other people
如果爱一个人的话
don't put them in positions to break the law.
是不会置他们于违法之地的
I just got off the phone with my dad.
刚跟我爸打完电话
He told me the good news.
他把好消息告诉了我
I told you I'd take care of it.
跟你说了,我会搞定的
What did you do?
你怎么做的
It's not important.
那不重要
Harvey.
哈维
We withdrew our motion to dismiss Mike's case
我们撤回了撤销迈克案子的动议
in exchange for her leaving you alone.
以此为交换让她放过你
So I hurt mike's case.
所以我拖了迈克案子的后腿
No, you didn't.
不,你没有
The whole thing was based on a bluff
整件事都是在虚张声势罢了
that never would have held up anyway.
本来也站不住脚的
This way, we at least got something for it.
这样,至少我们还赚了一点
Thank you, Harvey.
谢谢你,哈维
And I'm sorry for what I said.
我很抱歉说了那些话
No.
不
You were right to say it.
你说的是对的
I never should have put you in this position, Donna.
我不该把你置于这种境地,唐娜
If you want to go back to work for Louis, I'll understand.
如果你想回去为路易工作,我能理解
No, you shouldn't have put me in that position,
你是不该把我置于这种境地
But if I was gonna leave you for hiring Mike,
但如果我要为你雇了迈克而离开你
the time to do that would have been years ago.
那我几年前就这么做了
I hope I'm not interrupting your premature celebration.
希望我没有打扰你们过早庆贺
You better not be reneging on our deal.
你最好不要在协议上食言
Oh, no, I'm gonna honor it.
不,我会遵守
I just dropped by to serve you with these.
我只是顺路过来给你这个
You and your partners are hereby subpoenaed
你和你的合伙人被传讯
to hand over every single document in the entire firm.
提供律所所有文件
No.
不
No way the judge granted that
法官不可能批准这个
just because we withdrew our motion to dismiss.
就为我们撤回驳回此案的动议
She didn't.
她没有
She granted it when a Sheila Sazs from Harvard
她是在哈佛一个叫希拉·赛斯的
came forward and said she wrote that anonymous email.
出现说是她写了匿名邮件之后批准的
That's right, Mr. Specter.
没错,斯佩克特先生
Your chances of winning this case just took
你们赢下这案子的形势
a mighty big turn for the worse.
急转直下了
What are you doing here?
你来这儿干嘛
You never came to see me,
你从没来看过我
So I thought I would come to you
所以我觉得我该来看看你
and find out why you're so willing
弄清楚你为什么这么愿意
to let all those dangerous letters
让那些危险的信件
just keep floating around out there.
一直在外面到处传
I think you mean letters that are dangerous to your client.
我想你是指那些会危及你客户的信件
Well, I'm holding one right here
我现在手里就有一封
that puts your woman in a world of trouble, Mike,
会给你的女人招来麻烦,迈克
So no, no, I don't.
所以,我不是那意思
Oh, I get it.
我明白了
I didn't crumble to Jessica, so now you're here
我没有服从杰西卡,所以你来
to take a shot at strongarming me into a trade.
强迫我接受交易
No, see, I came to see why,
不,我来是来看看
when the woman that's been protecting you for so long
为什么保护了你这么久的女人
asks you for a simple gesture of trust,
只要求你给一点信任
you seem to think that
你却好像认为
all she's doing is protecting herself.
她只是在保护自己
Because she is protecting herself.
因为她是在保护她自己
You're goddamn right that's what she's doing,
你说得没错,她是在保护自己
but that's not all she's doing,
但也不只是保护自己
because from the second that she found out about you,
因为从她发现你的事的那一刻起
she's had to lie for you,
她就一直在为你说谎
and she still treated you like family,
而她一直待你如家人
and it cost her everything.
那让她搭上了一切
Give me a break. Until now, it didn't cost her anything.
饶了我吧,到目前为止她什么也没失去
You better watch yourself.
你给我小心点
What the hell are you doing?
你在做什么
It cost her her relationship with me!
那让她失去了跟我的感情
You didn't know about that, did you?
你不知道,是吗
Well, now you do.
现在你知道了
So you'll destroy that if I give you mine?
所以如果我给你,你会毁掉吗
I'm an attorney. I can't destroy evidence.
我是个律师,不能毁掉证据
But you? You can do whatever you want.
但你,你想做什么都行
You trust me to do that?
你这么信任我吗
No, Mike.
不,迈克
Jessica does.
杰西卡信任你
Louis, I need you to sit down.
路易,我需要你坐下来
What is it? What happened?
怎么了,发生了什么
Is your father okay? I'll go down there right now.
你父亲还好吗,我现在过去
He's fine. Harvey took care of it.
他很好,哈维搞定了
Oh, well, then I don't need to sit down.
那我不需要坐下来了
'Cause whatever it is, if you're okay, I'll be okay.
因为不管什么事,你没事我就没事
Sheila came forward.
希拉站出来了
What?
什么
She admitted she was the one to write the email.
她承认是她写的邮件
That's not possible.
不可能
She promised me she wouldn't do that.
她跟我保证了不会做的
I'm sorry, Louis, but she did.
很抱歉,路易,但她做了
I need to be alone.
我得一个人静静
Louis, I don't think this is the time for you to...
路易,我觉得现在你不该...
I said get out.
我说了,出去
He did it?
他做了吗
He did.
做了
What did you say to him?
你跟他说了什么
I told him how much it cost you,
我告诉了他这件事让你损失了什么
and then I did what we talked about.
而后我做了我们讨论过的事
Well, it's a good thing you did,
那很好
because those subpoenas just came down.
因为这些传票刚刚送来
Jessica, I don't know that I've ever been
杰西卡,我知道我一直
much of a spiritual person,
都不太相信神灵
but I would be lying if I didn't admit
但我的确承认
that sometimes I think god has a plan.
有时我会觉得上帝自有安排
What are you saying?
你在说什么
I'm saying that maybe he's trying to show you
我说上帝可能是想告诉你
that there's more to life than
在皮尔森斯佩克特利特律所外
Pearson Specter Litt.
生活还有很多部分
I'm not gonna be your attorney on this one.
这件案子,我不会做你的律师
I think you can find someone better.
我觉得你可以找到更好的
No.
不
I trust you, and there's no way
我相信你,而且也不可能
I find someone that I trust more.
找到我更相信的人
Then find me when this is all over,
那就在这事结束之后来找我
and we'll see if we can put that trust to better use.
看看能不能把那份信任派上更好的用场
Gretchen, whatever it is, it can wait till tomorrow.
格雷琴,无论什么都可以等明天
This can't wait.
这个不能等
I want to apologize to you.
我想向你道歉
For what?
为什么
When Jack Soloff nominated Mike Ross for partner,
杰克·索罗夫提名迈克·罗斯做合伙人时
I know it hurt Harvey a little,
我知道那让哈维有点受伤
because he wanted to be the one to do it,
因为他希望是他提名迈克
so I called the "ABA Journal"
所以我给《美国律师协会杂志》打电话
to write an article about Mike.
要求报道迈克
I wanted to surprise Harvey with it.
我是想给哈维一个惊喜
You're saying the article that tipped Sheila off was you?
你是说那篇把信息泄露给希拉的文章是你弄的
Yes.
是的
Why are you telling me this?
你为什么要告诉我
Because I'm sorry.
因为我很抱歉
And if anyone ever asks, I'll deny ever saying this,
如果有人问,我会否认说过这些
but...I know you all knew.
但,我知道你们都知道
And I'm with you.
我支持你们
What's the matter?
那有什么重要的呢
I know I said I don't want you to keep things from me,
我知道我说过不希望你隐瞒我任何事
but I don't want to keep things from you either.
而我也不想隐瞒你
What are you keeping from me?
你隐瞒了什么
It's actually good and bad news.
其实有一个好消息和一个坏消息
We had a chance to get this whole case thrown out today,
我今天有机会把这个事完全搞定
and it didn't work, but we did get Donna off,
但最后没成功,但我们把唐娜的事搞定了
and for the first time, I actually started to believe
而且这是第一次,我真的开始相信
we can get out of this thing.
我们可以解决这件事
And why were you afraid to admit that to me?
那你之前为什么不敢跟我承认呢
Because I didn't want to get your hopes up.
因为我不想让你燃起希望
And I didn't really believe it before.
而我之前真的没信心
Yeah, what's up?
怎么了
Sheila Sazs came forward,
希拉·赛斯站出来了
which means they're gonna try and pit us all
意味着他们要更强硬地迫使我们
against each other even more.
所有人互相指认了