手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 纸牌屋 > 美剧纸牌屋第四季 > 正文

美剧纸牌屋第四季(MP3+中英字幕):第2集:稳妥的竞选策略

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

He is a classless, graceless, shameless barbarian.

他是个没有格调,没有风度,没有羞耻的蛮人
What he did to you, Elizabeth, it was disgusting.
他那么对你,伊丽莎白,简直恶心
Awful. Just vile.
可怕, 太过分了
Can you pass the plate of... Yeah.
能递给我那盘... 好
But why didn't you tell us?
可你为什么没告诉我们
The thought of you fighting this alone, all those years...
一想到那么多年来,你一个人抵抗病魔
I didn't want pity.
我不希望人可怜
Is it true that they were arguing?
他们真的吵架了吗
No, she came down here to be with me.
不,她是南下来陪我的
Of course, we didn't expect
当然,我们没想到
that it was gonna be made a public display.
这事会被当众说出去
I guess he thought that was the best way to dispel the rumors.
他大概觉得那样最能打消传言吧
That man does not deserve to be president.
那人不配当总统
I've never wanted to speak ill of him, Elizabeth,
我一向不愿说他坏话,伊丽莎白
but when I think of the way he's treated you and Claire...
但我一想到他是怎么对待你和克莱尔的
Oh, stop now. He is still her soninlaw.
行了,他还是她的女婿呢
No, Bar's right.
不,芭说得对
He doesn't deserve to be president.
他不配当总统
You could... all help me, actually.
你们...其实都可以帮我
Anything. Just say the word.
什么都行, 随你说
Heather Dunbar.
海瑟·邓巴
We should be supporting her.
我们该支持她
With our checkbooks.
用我们的支票支持
You really want him to lose?
你真心希望他输吗
When he loses, Claire can begin her own career...
等他输了,克莱尔就能开启自己的事业了
which is far more important to me.
这对我来说更加重要
I don't know if we can really make a difference, but...
我不知道我们是不是能起到作用,但是
I'd rather do more than just sit around and badmouth him.
我想做点比坐在这儿说他坏话更实际的事
So, we just write a check?
那么,我们就写张支票吗
Now, Francis can't know.
不能让弗兰西斯知道
I mean, our donations will have to be... once removed.
我们的捐助得...曲线救国
That amendment has stalled for years.
那项修正案已经拖延多年了
Because we didn't have someone in Veterans Affairs.
因为我们在退休军人事务处没人
It isn't a veterans issue. It's public health.
这不是退休军人问题,是公共卫生问题
That's not my specialty.
这不是我的强项
Wait, you're telling me
等等,你是说
you don't know anyone who's had breast cancer?
你不认识任何得过乳腺癌的人吗
I mean in terms of legislation.
我是指立法方面
Fifty percent more.
多50%
That's how many more black women
黑人女性患乳腺癌后
die of breast cancer than white women.
死亡率比白人女性高50%
In our district, it's higher than the murder rate.
在我们选区,比率高于谋杀率
Help us get this clinic.
帮我们拿下诊所
I don't deny that it's an important issue,
我并不否认这一问题的重要性
but I have to pick and choose what I support.
但我得选好自己支持什么
You're in a tight race back home, Congresswoman.
你在家乡的竞选选情严峻,议员女士
We'll set up a super PAC.
我们可以建立超级政治行动委员会
Three million dollars.
三百万美元
You did this without talking to me?
你没跟我谈就这么做了
Claire and I spoke at length, Mother.
克莱尔和我好好谈过了,母亲
Claire?
克莱尔
You're calling the First Lady by her given name, now?
你对第一夫人都直呼其名了啊
Well, and I would hope you would, too, Congresswoman.
希望你也可以如此,议员女士
You went behind my back, Mrs. Underwood.
你背着我行动,安德伍德夫人
I'm not asking for a full endorsement.
我不是求你完全背书
I'm just asking for your blessing on Celia delaying her run.
我只是求你允许让西莉娅延迟竞选
And of course, a promise to not campaign against me.
当然,也保证不会跟我竞争
Jackie Sharp's big on Dunbar.
杰姬·夏普很支持邓巴
Why would she help you?
她为什么要帮你
This money isn't directly linked to us.
这笔钱不是直接给我们的
You mean the president's comfortable
你是说总统乐意
putting money in Jackie's war chest?
往杰姬的战争基金里存钱吗
He is, but we have to keep this quiet.
是的,但我们得保密
There can't be any communication between your office and his.
你们两个办公室之间绝对不能联络
Speech? Seth put in your latest edits.
讲话,赛斯把最新的改动加进去了
Once you approve, we'll send it to the teleprompters.
等您批准了,我们就拿给提词器的人
Has she arrived yet? A few minutes ago.
她到了吗, 几分钟前刚到
Please sit down.
请坐
If Jackie gets cold feet, we can't leave her any choice.
如果杰姬退缩,我们不能给她任何选择
I'm already on top of that.
我已经在处理了
How?
怎么处理
They always use the same hotel.
他们总去同一家酒店
I've got a guy set up across the street.
我找人在街对面守着了
I'm assuming you're being careful.
你会小心行事吧
I'm not just a tech outfit. I can go old school, too.
我不是单纯的技术员,我也会老法子
Ma'am? We have lunch prepared for you.
女士,我们为您备好了午餐
This is impressive.
真是气派
Well, soak it up while you can. We won't be here long.
趁现在好好瞻仰一下吧,我们一会儿就走
I'll be right back.
我就回来
Anatoly Rostropov. His empire's worth 30 billion.
阿纳托利·罗斯卓波夫,他的帝国价值300亿
Petrov had him killed last night.
佩特罗夫昨晚叫人杀了他
Stanislav Ustravich,
史坦尼斯拉夫·乌斯特拉维奇
founder of Turkas Oil.
特卡斯石油的创始人
Found dead early this morning.
今早早些时候被发现身亡
Igor Milkin, media tycoon worth 24 billion.
伊戈尔·米尔金,媒体大亨,身价240亿
Very outspoken against Petrov
被政府没收了
after the government seized his TV stations and newspapers.
电视台和报社后一直公开抨击佩特罗夫
His private plane landed in Bangor, Maine, two hours ago.
两小时前,他的私人飞机在缅因州班格尔降落
We've got him quarantined on the tarmac.
我们在停机坪上隔离了他
He's seeking political asylum. Says he's in fear for his life.
他寻求政治庇护,说自己担心性命有危险
We believe they've been formulating a plan to unseat Petrov.
我们认为他们一直在密谋推翻佩特罗夫
Brutus, Cassius, and the one that got away.
布鲁特斯,卡西乌斯,还有那个逃脱的家伙(刺杀凯撒)
Moscow's adamant we send him back immediately.
莫斯科坚决要我们马上把他送回去
Then send him back.
那就送他回去
I don't want the State of the Union
我不希望国情咨文被
overshadowed by some asylum dispute.
庇护纠纷盖过风头
He's Petrov's problem, not ours.
他是佩特罗夫的麻烦,不关我们的事
Legally, sir,
从法律上讲,先生
we are obligated to process his asylum request.
我们有义务处理他的庇护请求
Don't tell me the press knows he's here. No, sir.
媒体不是已经知道了吧, 不,先生
We jammed communications on his plane
他们一进入美国领空
as soon as it entered U.S. airspace.
我们就屏蔽了他飞机的通讯
Then we don't have a problem, do we?
那不就没有问题了吗
It's likely he'll be killed if we send him back.
如果我们送他回去,他很可能会被杀
So be it. He tried to slay a dragon and he missed the mark.
那又如何,他想屠龙,又没打中
Now he's gotta face the fire.
现在他得面对怒火了
Our fear is more killings, more company seizures.
我们担心会发生更多杀戮,更多公司被查抄
That leads to a run on the banks,
会导致银行挤兑
collapse of the ruble, default on debts.
卢布崩溃,债务违约
And we already know
我们已经知道
he's been backchanneling about a bailout
他一直在跟国际货币基金组织暗中联络
with the IMF.
讨论救市计划
Well, if you have a proposal to make, then make it quickly.
你如果有提议,就快点说
I have a speech to prep for. Yes, sir.
我还得准备讲话呢, 是,先生
Last year you wore the taupe, so maybe this is too similar?
去年您穿的是灰褐色,或许这件太像了
Come in.
请进
I was able to get Mrs. Hale on the phone.
我接通了黑尔太太的电话
Oh, great. Uh, could you excuse me for a moment?
太好了,能让我们单独待会儿吗
Mother? You doing okay, Mrs. Hale?
母亲, 您没事吧,黑尔太太
Yes, thank you.
是的,谢谢
Who was that?
那是谁
I'm treating myself to a pedicure.
我奖励自己做美甲呢
Nobody can hear me.
没人能听到我
You wanted to talk?
你想谈谈吗
Yes, I wanted to thank you, for all of your help.
是的,我想感谢你,感谢你的帮助
Uh, it looks like the congresswoman is leaning toward a yes.
看来议员女士倾向于同意了
You know, I was thinking, when you run,
我在想,等你竞选时
you should use your maiden name instead.
你该用你的娘家姓
Mother, I couldn't do that. It would look bad.
母亲,我不能那么做,面子上过不去
Well, then how about if you...
那可不可以...
if you use Claire HaleUnderwood?
叫克莱尔·黑尔安德伍德
That has a nice ring to it.
这听上去挺不错的
Maybe.
或许吧
Have you seen him yet? No, not yet.
你见他了吗, 还没
What are you gonna wear tonight?
你今晚打算穿什么
I was just deciding that now, actually.
其实我正在考虑呢
Something dark, I hope.
希望是件深色的
Well, it's between black and ivory, and to tell you the truth,
要么是黑色,要么是象牙白,老实说
this ivory is so beautiful
象牙白这件美极了
Oh, for God's sakes, don't wear ivory.
老天爷,别穿象牙白
Even with your figure,
就算是你那样的身材
it'll accentuate all the wrong places.
也只会突出各种不该突出的地方
Are you going to watch the speech?
你会看讲话吗
Mother?
母亲
Yes, I'm gonna...
嗯,我...
I'm gonna have Michael put a TV in the bedroom.
我会让迈克尔在卧室里摆台电视
Mrs. Underwood, the president is ready for you.
安德伍德夫人,总统在等您了
I'll be right out.
我就出去
Mother, I have to go.
母亲,我得挂了
Yes, I Of course. I'm sure you must be very busy.
嗯,当然,你肯定很忙
I'll see you when I get home?
回家见
If I'm asleep...
如果我睡了
Then I'll see you in the morning.
那我们早上见
Goodbye, Mother.
再见,母亲
Bye. Wear the black!
再见,穿黑的那件
I don't want even the slightest chance this gets out.
这事绝不能泄露出去
We set up a perimeter. And we'll cover the tail number.
我们设了警戒线,机尾号也会遮住
Good. Set up a call with Petrov, for after the speech.
很好,跟佩特罗夫约好讲话后通话
It'll be 5:00 a.m. in Moscow.
那时莫斯科是凌晨五点
Oh, I guarantee he'll be watching.
他肯定会看的
Sir? I think you should take this.
先生,您得接一下
Excuse me.
失陪
Hello, Congresswoman.
你好,议员女士
Sorry for the delay. Please sit down.
抱歉来晚了,请坐
Did you get the earrings?
你收到耳环了吗
I did. Thank you.
是的,谢谢
My mother's. Twocarat diamonds.
我母亲的,两克拉钻石
For tonight.
今晚戴吧
There's nothing quite like diamond earrings.
没什么比得上钻石耳环了
Shall we begin?
我们开始吧
Uh, this year, we're handling the arrival a bit differently.
今年,我们要改变一下出场方式
You'll be escorted to the rotunda for a photo op with the leadership
您将先被护送去圆形大厅与领导层合影
before going to the holding room.
然后再去等候室
I don't need to go to the holding room.
我不需要去等候室
You can take me directly to the gallery.
你直接带我去大厅
Yes, that's fine. Whatever the First Lady prefers.
没关系,都听第一夫人的
And we'll need two separate motorcades after.
之后我们需要分两个车队
I'll be going straight to the airport.
我要直接去机场
Two motorcades, then. Yes, sir.
那就两个车队, 是,先生
I'd like to brief you on the list of special guests attending
我想向你们汇报一下特别来宾名单
This all seems pretty straightforward.
看上去没什么问题
I'm good if you are.
如果你觉得没问题我也没问题
Yes, I'm fine. Thank you so very much.
嗯,没问题,多谢你了
Do you have a moment?
你有空吗
How's Elizabeth?
伊丽莎白怎么样了
She sends her regards.
她让我代她问好
I'll bet she does.
当然了
And the campaign?
竞选呢
Still exploring viability.
还在探讨可行性
Doris isn't on board yet?
桃瑞丝还没答应吗
Uh, we'll see.
回头就知道了
What have you offered her?
你给了她什么
Well, I want to put together a solid campaign strategy with LeAnn
我想先跟莉安策划一个稳妥的竞选策略
before engaging her again.
再跟她二次接触
Well, if you need my help, let me know.
如果你需要我帮忙,就告诉我
She and I were very close when I was whip.
我当党鞭时,我们关系很好
You've got a lot on your plate. No, it's no trouble at all.
你的事够多了, 不麻烦的
I'll let you know.
我再找你吧
See you tonight.
今晚见
You ready to prep, sir?
可以开始准备了吗,先生
I need to make some changes. I'll call the speech writers.
我要做些改动, 我去叫讲稿撰写人
No, I wanna do these myself. And track down Calista.
不用,我自己来,去把克丽丝塔找来
We have to make room for one more guest.
我们还可以再加一名宾客
Yes, sir.
是,先生
What's that?
怎么回事
I'm having it removed.
我要把文身洗掉
Well, that's too bad. I liked it.
太可惜了,我挺喜欢呢
Hmm, time to move on.
该向前看了
From what?
后面是什么
From the me that needed a tattoo.
需要文身的我
I don't have much time.
我没多少时间
When do you have to be at the Capitol?
你什么时候得去首都
Less than an hour.
不到一小时后
Whiskey or vodka? Vodka.
威士忌还是伏特加, 伏特加
How well do you know Doris Jones?
你对桃瑞丝·琼斯有多了解
Oh, uh, met her a few times. I don't know her that well, though.
见过她几次,不怎么了解
Why? Her daughter, Celia,
怎么, 她女儿,西莉娅
wants me to help them get appropriations
希望我帮他们弄到拨款
for a breast cancer clinic.
筹建一家乳腺癌诊所
In return, they want to pad my campaign with Texas money.
作为回报,他们愿用德州的钱资助我的竞选
How much? Three million.
多少, 三百万
To start.
可能还不止
Her district doesn't have that kind of money.
她的选区才没那么多钱
Celia says they're courting donors from outside the 30th.
西莉娅说他们的捐助人是30区以外的
But one of my aides
但我一个助手
heard that Claire Underwood and LeAnn Harvey
听说克莱尔·安德伍德和莉安·哈维
were in Jones' office today.
今天去了琼斯的办公室
LeAnn's someone I know.
莉安我认识
Glendon Hill was courting her a few years ago.
格兰顿希尔几年前想把她挖来
Did she turn you down?
她拒绝了你吗
We couldn't afford her.
我们请不起她
Look, I know you're out of the game, but this is a lot of money.
我知道你已经金盆洗手了,但这笔钱不是小数
If it's legit, it could really help me. But if it's not, I
如果是真,能帮我大忙,如果不是...
I'll talk to LeAnn and see what I can find out.
我去跟莉安谈谈,看能问出什么来
Here.
I want to taste you first.
我想先尝你
This is a special report.
下面是特别报道
President Francis Underwood's State of the Union address
弗兰西斯·安德伍德总统向国会联席会议
to a joint session of Congress.
发布国情咨文讲话
Tonight the eyes of the world are on Washington.
今晚,世界的眼睛都盯着华盛顿
President Underwood will take the stage in just a few minutes...
安德伍德总统几分钟后就将上台
Take the food away.
把食物拿走
You didn't eat your lunch, Mrs. Hale.
您午饭就没吃,黑尔太太
Yeah, well, I didn't feel well.
我不舒服
Then you really should eat dinner. Your medication
那您就更该吃点晚饭了,您的药
Please don't make me ask you again, Michael.
别让我再说一遍了,迈克尔
Just take it away. The smell of it is making me ill.
拿走,这味儿熏得我难受
Yes, ma'am.
是,夫人
Ladies and gentlemen, the First Lady of the United States.
女士们先生们,美国第一夫人
Celia. Thank you so much for arranging this.
西莉娅, 谢谢你的安排
It's a big honor to be sitting next to you.
能坐在你旁边太荣幸了
Mr. Speaker, the President of the United States.
议长先生,有请美国总统
Interesting place to watch the SOTU.
在这里看国情咨文真有意思
It's more fun this way. You know, hanging with the hoi polloi.
这样更好玩,跟人民大众在一起
So, what brings you to D.C.?
你为什么来华府
Well, all of Congress in town, it's good for hustling work.
国会都到齐了,适合揽活儿干
Since when do you hustle? You turn people away.
你什么时候揽过活儿,你从来都是拒绝别人
How'd you know I was in town?
你怎么知道我在这儿
I might be retired, but I still have my ear to the ground.
我虽然退休了,但我还是眼观六路耳听八方
So that's true? The great Remy Danton has hung up his jersey?
是真的喽,伟大的雷米·丹顿解甲归田了
I've never felt better.
我从未这么痛快过
Don't tell me this is a social visit. No.
你不是来跟我寒暄的吧, 不是
Well, if it isn't business... It's business.
如果不是为公事, 是公事
Members of Congress... Okay.
各位国会议员, 好吧
...I have the high privilege... So
我十分荣幸, 那么
Oh, hold on. The show is starting. ...of presenting to you,
等等,节目开始了, 为各位请出
the President of the United States.
美国总统
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you so much.
非常感谢
Thank you. Mr. Speaker, Mr. Vice President,
谢谢,议长先生,副总统先生
members of Congress, my fellow Americans.
各位国会议员,我的美国同胞们
One year ago,
一年前
when I gave this address for the first time,
我第一次做这番讲话
it was during a very different period for our country.
当时我国处于完全不同的一个时期
Our nation was recovering from a political scandal
我国正在从一起政治丑闻和
and a trade crisis with China.
与中国的贸易危机中走出来
Before you stood a president no one had elected.
而你们面前的,是一位未经过选举的总统
But that same man stands before you now,
但现在,那个人依然站在你们面前
and the darkness is behind us.
而黑暗时期已经过去
The state of the union is bright, and getting brighter.
国家现在情势大好,前途愈发光明
We've had our challenges, yes.
我们遭遇过挑战,没错
Particularly with Russia.
尤其是跟俄国
There were some tense moments, to be sure,
的确有些很紧张的时刻
and yet we overcame those tensions.
但我们还是克服了那些紧张
President Petrov let us continue to build trust
佩特罗夫总统让我们继续建立信任
and show that we've learned from our experiences last year.
并表现出我们已从去年的经历中吸取了教训
And I'd personally like to acknowledge the First Lady,
我个人想感谢第一夫人
who led the way in repairing those burned bridges.
她为修复两国关系带了路
She's getting more applause than the president.
她得到的掌声比总统还多
Good for you, isn't it?
对你是好事吧
Quite a highprofile client.
好厉害的客户
Who told you that?
谁告诉你的
Just a guess. No, you guessed wrong.
只是一猜, 不,你猜错了
So what do you know about big Texas donors...
你知道有财大气粗的德州捐助人
who care enough about a poor Dallas district
就为了达拉斯一个穷选区
to donate money to a campaign in California?
会给加州的竞选捐钱吗
That went right over my head.
我没听说过
First Lady was in Dallas. You were in Dallas.
第一夫人去了达拉斯,你当时也在
The First Lady is here.
第一夫人来了这儿
Now you're here.
你也来了
I think you have far too much time on your hands, Remy.
我觉得你是太闲了,雷米
Your fingerprints are all over this money.
这笔钱上到处是你的痕迹
You're working for Jackie Sharp now?
你现在为杰姬·夏普工作了
No. Just friends.
不,只是朋友
Just friends, huh? Yeah.
只是朋友吗, 嗯
I think your fingerprints are all over her.
我觉得她身上也到处是你的痕迹
How about this?
这样如何
You don't poke around in my shit...
你别来刺探我的事
and I won't poke around in yours.
我就不去刺探你的
It was good to see you, Remy. Don't get too soft in retirement.
见到你很高兴,雷米,别退休就变怂了
Now, it's considered uncouth
一般来说
for a president who's in the midst of a campaign,
正在进行竞选的总统
to talk directly about the upcoming election, but tonight,
不该直接谈论即将到来的竞选,但今晚
I feel compelled.
我觉得我必须谈
Because the votes our electorate casts
因为我们选民即将在
during the current primaries and the general election in November
目前的初选和11月的大选中投的票
will have a profound impact on everyone in this room.
将对在做的各位有深远的影响
Some of us, myself included, may find ourselves out of a job.
有些人,包括我,可能将失业
If we want to keep our jobs,
如果我们想保住工作
we have to listen to the American people.
我们就得聆听美国民众的声音
We have to work harder! We have to deliver!
我们就得更加努力,实现目标
Just like Doris Jones.
就像桃瑞丝·琼斯
She has kept her job in Congress for 34 years
她已经在国会任职了34年
because she never relented in the face of adversity.
因为她从未向逆境低过头
In fact, just today, she called me about a breast cancer clinic
事实上,就在今天,她还为一家她已经争取了
she has been fighting for over the past decade.
十年的乳腺癌诊所给我打电话
Now, her plan is bold.
她的计划很大胆
A VA hospital expansion open to the general public,
将退伍军人医院扩张,向普通民众开放
financed by federal money.
由联邦资金资助
A bold plan that will significantly increase successful diagnoses
这一大胆计划能通过科普,筛查
and treatment through education, screenings, and affordable care.
和可负担医保,大幅提升确诊和治疗的成功率
Now, she's gotten resistance, time and again...
她一次次遭遇阻力
from the Veterans Affairs administration,
来自退伍军人事务处的阻力
from her colleagues in Congress...
来自她国会同事的阻力
Can you turn it up a bit? ...from those who don't want to see
能调大声点吗, 来自那些不希望
government funds going to Planned Parenthood.
政府给计划生育组织拨款的人
And yet, when she called me today,
但是,她今天打给我时
she was just as passionate about this clinic as she was
她对建立这家诊所的热忱
when she first brought it up to me ten years ago.
一如十年前她第一次跟我提出时那般
Well, Doris, it worked.
桃瑞丝,你成功了
I'll be working with the Secretary of Veterans Affairs,
我会跟退伍军人事务部长
HUD and the congressional leaders to get you that clinic.
住房和城市发展部以及国会领袖合作帮你建立诊所
Because of you, we'll save lives.
因为你,我们将拯救生命
And that is exactly the sort of leadership the American people want.
这正是美国人民想看到的领导
More leaders like Doris Jones.
更多桃瑞丝·琼斯这样的领导人
And when she retires at the end of this term,
等她任期结束退休时
I'm delighted to say that her daughter, Celia,
我很高兴她女儿西莉娅
will run for the open seat
将竞选缺职
to continue delivering just like her mother has.
像她母亲那样,继续实现人民的愿望
No fucking way.
不会吧
And I, for one, will support
我本人会
your candidacy with everything I've got.
百分百支持你的竞选
And I know Claire will, as well.
我知道克莱尔也会的
Texans are tenacious.
德州人百折不挠
I'm proud to be married to one,
我很骄傲我娶了一位
and I'm proud to have served with one,
我很骄傲曾与琼斯议员女士
like Congresswoman Jones.
这样的德州人共事过
Thank you, Doris, for all your years of service,
谢谢你,桃瑞丝,谢谢你多年的服务
and thank you, Celia, for picking up the mantle.
也谢谢你,西莉娅,继承母亲的衣钵
Doris said her daughter spoke out of turn,
桃瑞丝说是她女儿说话冒失
that she didn't know about the deal she was brokering with Underwood.
她对她和安德伍德协商的交易并不知情
Did you connect with LeAnn?
你跟莉安联络上了吗
No, I didn't.
没有
She said she couldn't meet until tomorrow.
她说她得明天才能见我
Well, I guess there's no point now, anyway.
现在也没必要了
If the White House is orchestrating the funding,
如果是白宫在准备筹款
Underwood's not gonna want my help.
安德伍德肯定不需要我帮忙
Fuck! I really could've used that money.
该死,那笔钱本来能帮大忙的
Well, when it looks too good to be true...
如果看上去像天上掉馅饼
Yeah, I know.
是啊,我知道
When am I gonna see you again?
我什么时候能再见你
I don't know.
我不知道
I've been... feeling a bit stircrazy.
我有点...闷得发疯
If I'm retired, I should probably travel some.
如果我退休了,或许该出去走走
Well, you could travel to California.
你可以去加州啊
I'll be there more than here until November.
11月之前,我会更多待在那边
Yeah, maybe.
或许吧
Or don't.
不去也行
You know how to reach me.
你知道怎么联系我
Do you think it was Remy?
你觉得是雷米吗
Highly doubtful. I made it clear what we knew.
不太可能,我让他知道我们知道了
He knows you have proof?
他知道你有证据吗
He knows that I know. Not that I have proof.
他知道我知道,不知道我有证据
Maybe we shouldn't have played that card yet.
或许我们还不该把那张牌打出去
Remy was connecting the dots.
雷米把事情都串起来了
I needed to put the brakes on him.
我必须让他打住
Well, if it wasn't him,
如果不是他
Doris must've gone to Francis himself.
那肯定是桃瑞丝自己去找了弗兰西斯
She saw an opening and
她看到了机会就...
Ma'am, there's been a change of plans.
女士,计划有变
Uh, hold on. What change of plans?
等等,什么计划有变
We're taking you back to the White House.
我们带您回白宫
No, we're going to Andrews.
不,我们得去安德鲁斯机场
I'm sorry, this is direct from the president.
抱歉,这是总统的直接命令
This is not gonna be as difficult as it seems.
这不会像看上去那么困难
Now, Terry's gonna be in touch with Veteran Affairs
泰瑞明天一早就跟退伍军人事务处
first thing tomorrow to draft an amendment.
那边接触,起草修正案
And if the Republicans give us any resistance in committee,
如果共和党在委员会那里给我们阻力
I'll start making calls.
我就开始打电话找人
No reason why this can't get to the floor
本轮会议结束之前
before the end of the session.
完全可以呈递给国会
Well, thank you, Mr. President.
谢谢你,总统先生
Thank yourself. You played this well.
谢你自己,你这手玩得漂亮
How did you play it?
你怎么玩的
Well, now, that's our little secret, isn't it?
那是我们的小秘密了
I'll walk you out.
我送你出去
Uh, Mr. President, I got this.
总统先生,我来吧
Oh, Claire.
克莱尔
Didn't the president make the most wonderful speech?
总统的讲话多棒啊
Oh, he certainly did.
是啊
And I thank you for convincing the president
多谢你说服总统
to mention Celia in his remarks.
在讲话中提到西莉娅
Well, it was my pleasure.
不客气
Good night. Good night.
晚安, 晚安
Good night, Claire.
晚安,克莱尔
We had a deal.
我们说好的
I showed up.
我来了
And used that opportunity to undermine the campaign.
却利用这个机会给我的竞选拆台
Why didn't you just ask me?
你为什么不问我
If you needed the clinic to convince Doris
如果你需要用诊所说服桃瑞丝
You don't want me to run, Francis.
你根本不希望我竞选,弗兰西斯
That's right, I don't. But we'd reached an understanding.
是的,我不希望,但我们已经达成谅解了
I think you said what you wanted me to hear.
我觉得你就是说了你想让我听到的
Well, then you misread me.
那你误解我了
I am looking out for myself. Just like you are.
我是在替自己着想,你也一样
And where did that get you,
你为自己着想
looking out for yourself instead of looking out for us?
而不是为我们两人着想的下场又如何
The 30th is dead now. You know that.
30选区现在没希望了,你明白的
You think I'm giving up?
你觉得我会放弃吗
What, you're gonna run against the Joneses?
怎么,你要跟琼斯母女竞争吗
You'll make a fool of yourself, Claire.
你会出丑的,克莱尔
The odds were against you even with their blessing.
即便他们支持你,你的胜算都不大
Now, I hoped you'd reach that conclusion on your own.
我本希望你自己能明白
But instead, you lied to me.
但你却对我撒谎
Now, I can't force you to see reason.
我没法逼你想通道理
But I will not allow you to become dangerous.
但我不允许你成为隐患
I'll take one.
我也来一杯
Take mine.
喝我的吧
Claire, look...
克莱尔,听我说
When I win the general, then we can concentrate
我赢下大选后,我们就可以专注于
on a Senate seat for you in Texas.
为你在德州赢得参议员席位
You don't want to be in the House, anyway.
你反正也不会想待在众议院
And neither of us could have predicted a Heather Dunbar,
我们两人都没想到会出现海瑟·邓巴
or how formidable she'd be.
那么厉害的对手
We are fighting for our lives here.
我们现在是在搏命
And when you run, you wanna do so from a position of strength.
等你竞选,你会希望处于有利地位
It's about timing.
关键在于时机
Maybe it's too soon. Maybe you're right.
或许是太早了,或许你是对的
But I need to think.
但我得想想
Fair enough.
好吧
I can't do that here.
我不能在这儿想
Back in Texas?
回德州吗
I'm not sure how long I'll need.
我不确定我得想多久
Well, take as long as you want.
需要多久都行
I should get going.
我该走了
It's late. You sure you don't want to spend the night?
已经挺晚了,你确定你不想留下过夜吗
Well, Mother was expecting me. All right.
母亲还在等我回去, 好吧
I'll walk myself out. You enjoy your drink.
我自己出去,你继续喝吧
You know, there was a boy
以前有个男孩
that lived down the street from me in Gaffney.
就住在我加夫尼老家一个街区外的地方
About my age. His name was Walter Wryson.
跟我年纪差不多,他叫沃特·莱森
He used to run away from home all the time and come to our house.
他以前经常从家里跑出来,来我们家
Not for any good reason.
并没什么充分的缘由
His daddy didn't beat him. He had clothes on his back.
他爸爸不打他,也不愁吃穿
The Wrysons had way more money than we did,
莱森一家比我们有钱多了
but run away he would,
但他还是要逃家
at least once a month and come straight to our place.
每个月至少一次,直接跑来我们家
Now, usually, my mother would call his mother
一般,我母亲会打给他母亲
and she'd come and fetch him.
然后她就会来接他
But about the ninth or tenth time this happened,
但到了第九第十次时
Walter ran outside, climbed up into a tree in our backyard,
沃特跑到外面,爬上了我们后院的一棵树
and wouldn't come down for nothing.
无论如何不肯下来
Now, my mama said to his mama,
我妈妈跟他妈妈说
"Why don't you let us keep him for a while, "
你让他在我们这儿待会儿吧
until he feels like coming home?"
直到他肯回家了"
But man, oh, man, that boy was stubborn.
但是,那小子可真是倔
Night came, and he was still up there.
到了晚上,他还在树上
No food, no water... no toilet.
不吃不喝,不拉屎
And just before I went to bed,
我去睡觉之前
I looked out my window and I heard him crying.
我往窗外看,听到了他的哭声
And I said, "Walter, why don't you come on down?"
我说, "沃特,你为什么不下来呢"
And he just shook his head no.
他就摇头,不肯
Well, the next morning, I woke up, I looked out the window
第二天早晨,我醒来,往窗外一看
and Walter was still up in that tree.
沃特还在树上
So after breakfast, I walked over with a plate of eggs...
于是早饭之后,我拿着一盘鸡蛋过去
and I asked him if he wanted some.
问他是否想来点
And again, he just shook his head.
他又摇头
And I got angry.
我生气了
That boy had a good house, a good family,
那小子有个好房子,好家庭
the sort I would've killed for,
我求之不得的那种
and he didn't even realize it.
他自己却不自知
So I went into the tool shed and I took out an ax.
于是我去工具棚,拿来把斧子
And I said to Walter...
我对沃特说
"You want to know what it's really like to live at my house?"
"你想知道住在我家究竟是什么感觉吗"
And I gave that tree a good whack.
我一顿狂砍那棵树
And Walter cried out, but I kept on.
沃特大喊,但我没停手
I mean, you've never heard
你从没听过
screams like the one coming from Walter
我砍树时,沃特发出的
as I chopped at that tree.
那样的尖叫
He pissed his pants,
他都尿裤子了
and it came raining down on the ground,
淋了下来
but I didn't pay it no mind.
但我毫不在乎
I just kept whacking away.
我还继续砍
Well...
于是
it didn't take long before Walter was on the ground
没过多久沃特就下来了
and running back to his house.
跑回了自己家
You see, all he needed was a little motivation.
瞧,他不过就是需要点动力
So I'll give Claire some time.
所以我可以给克莱尔时间
But for her sake,
但为了她好
I hope she comes out of her tree
希望她能在我拿出斧子之前
before I have to bring out my ax.
就从她的树上下来
He wants me to hold off for Senate.
他要我等着竞选参议员
I told him I would think about it.
我告诉他我会考虑的
So it's over? Oh, no, it's not over.
那么结束了吗, 不,没结束
He endorsed Celia on national television.
他在全国电视上表示支持西莉娅
Forget the 30th.
别去想30选区了
We need to think bigger. This cycle.
我们得往大想,就在本轮
Then we need to talk seriously about my compensation.
那我们得好好谈谈我的酬金问题了
He on? Yes, sir.
接通了吗, 是,先生
I'm ready.
我准备好了
I'll connect you now, sir.
我这就给您接,先生
President Petrov, you are now on with the president.
佩特罗夫总统,您现在在跟总统通话了
Good evening, Mr. President.
晚上好,总统先生
Good morning, Mr. President.
早上好,总统先生
Your speech was good.
你的讲话很棒
Perhaps, a bit too...
或许有点太...
optimistic, hmm?
乐观了
I meant what I said about Russia.
我说的关于俄国的话都是真心的
It's just words. They mean very little.
那只是空谈,没多大意义
I'm willing to back them up with action.
我愿意用实际行动支持我的言论
First, we should talk about a bailout.
首先,我们该谈谈救市计划
I'm willing to work with the IMF to get you what you need.
我愿意跟国际货币基金组织合作,帮你拿到所需
And second, as a gesture of good faith,
其次,作为示好
we'd like to return Igor Milkin to Russia.
我们愿把伊戈尔·米尔金还给俄国
You should've done so already.
你早该送他回来了
I need your assurances he'll get a trial.
我需要你保证他会得到审判
What do you care about Igor Milkin? I don't.
你在乎伊戈尔·米尔金干吗, 我不在乎
You can send him to Siberia
你就是把他送去西伯利亚
and let him die of black lung in a coal mine, for all I care.
让他在矿井里死于黑肺病,我都不在乎
But I do care about your economy.
但我在乎你的经济
You keep killing highprofile businessmen
你继续这么杀害受瞩目的商人
and seizing their assets.
查抄他们的财产
That's no You mean, traitors?
那样不... 你是说叛徒吧
Look, I am aware that they were plotting a coup,
听着,我知道他们在密谋造反
but that still doesn't
但那还是不...
Yes, because you orchestrated it.
是的,因为是你策划的
Excuse me? Why else would Milkin fly to America?
什么, 否则米尔金为什么要飞去美国
We had nothing to do with this.
这事跟我们完全无关
You... you lied to me about the Jordan Valley,
你...在约旦河谷的事上就跟我撒过谎
you lied to me about Michael Corrigan.
你在迈克尔·科里根的事上跟我撒了谎
I am not trying to replace you, Viktor.
我不是想要推翻你,维克多
I'm trying to help you. But you have to help me.
我是想帮你,但你也得帮我
These threats of reducing your oil production, it won't work.
石油减产这样的威胁不会好使的
You think jacking up energy prices is gonna hurt us,
你以为抬升能源价格会伤到我们
but it's just extortion.
但那只是敲诈
And I will not respond to extortion.
我不会向敲诈低头的
Now, I'll send your traitor back,
我可以把你的叛徒送回去
but you've got to stop
但你不能再
seizing companies and making people disappear.
查抄公司,把人变没了
Igor Milkin is worse than a traitor. He's an American puppet.
伊戈尔·米尔金比叛徒还糟糕,他是美国的傀儡
Regime change, that's extortion.
改朝换代,那才是敲诈
Yes, but they acted on their own. You're being paranoid.
是啊,但那是他们自己的行为,你是多虑了
Send him back. No terms.
送他回来,别开条件
We're not going to get anywhere if you're not willing to negotiate.
你如果不肯谈判,我们不会有进展的
Well...
那...
then I believe we're finished.
我们没话可说了
And I believe you're right. Thank you, Mr. President.
是没什么可说了,谢谢,总统先生
Put Milkin in a secure location. He's not going anywhere.
把米尔金安置在安全地点,他哪都不去
Mr. Milkin.
米尔金先生
I need you to come with me.
请你跟我来
Where are we going?
我们去哪
A detainment facility.
羁押设施
I'm not being deported, am I?
我不是要被遣返吧
No, we're going to process your asylum request.
不,我们要处理你的庇护请求
Claire?
克莱尔
If you wanna smoke, you should smoke.
如果你想抽烟,就抽吧
I only wanted one drag.
我只是想抽一根
He hated how you used to go down to the stables with your cigarettes.
他讨厌你以前拿着烟去马厩
I didn't realize he knew.
我不知道他知道这事
He adored you. You got away with murder.
他那么爱你,你杀人他都不会在乎
Did you wait up for me?
你一直没睡等着我吗
No, it's the medication.
不,是药的关系
Keeps me tired all day, and then I'm up all night.
让我整天都感觉疲惫,然后又整宿睡不着
I... I watched the speech.
我...看了讲话
What are you gonna do?
你打算怎么办
It's late, Mother. Let's talk in the morning.
很晚了,母亲,我们早上再谈吧
By the way, those earrings are beautiful. I noticed 'em on TV.
对了,耳环真漂亮,我在电视上注意到了
They're Francis' mother's earrings.
是弗兰西斯母亲的耳环
They look like they're over a carat. Two carats.
貌似不止一克拉, 两克拉
No doubt she stole them from someone.
她肯定从谁那儿偷来的
The Underwoods never cease to amaze.
安德伍德一家永远能让人吃惊
Mother...
母亲
I'm going to need some money.
我需要点钱
For the clinic? Isn't
给诊所吗,不是...
A million five for LeAnn and some on top of that.
150万,给莉安,还额外再需要一点
Well, I thought your campaign was dead.
我以为你的竞选没戏了
It is, but I still need her to work for me.
是的,但我还是需要她为我工作
But, what for? I mean, I can't ask my friends for money and
但做什么呢,我可以向我的朋友借钱
Our money.
我们的钱
You mean my money.
你是指我的钱
Don't fight me on this.
别跟我争
Daddy would've done it, no questions asked.
爸爸会毫不犹豫地给我
Yes, well... I'm not as foolish as he was.
是啊,我没他那么傻
Well, I'll just have to sell the estate.
那我只能卖掉地产了
You what?
什么
The money is in the trust, but the land is in my name.
钱在信托里,但地产是在我名下
You wouldn't dare. Well, I'm asking for your help.
你不会敢的, 我在求你帮忙
If you refuse to give it Help?
如果你不肯, 帮忙
You didn't lift a finger to help me when I got sick.
我生病时你可完全没帮过我
You didn't tell me you were sick!
你没告诉我你病了
Because you had turned your back on me!
因为你已经背弃了我
Oh, you are such a disappointment.
你是那么让人失望
You don't want me to sell
你不希望我
this house out from under you, but I will.
背着你卖掉房子,但我会的
I am the mother.
我是你母亲
I am the mother!
我是你母亲,给你更佳追剧体验

重点单词   查看全部解释    
legislation [.ledʒis'leiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 立法,法律

联想记忆
election [i'lekʃən]

想一想再看

n. 选举

联想记忆
beat [bi:t]

想一想再看

v. 打败,战胜,打,敲打,跳动
n. 敲打,

 
district ['distrikt]

想一想再看

n. 区,地区,行政区
vt. 把 ... 划

 
social ['səuʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社会的,社交的
n. 社交聚会

 
address [ə'dres]

想一想再看

n. 住址,致词,讲话,谈吐,(处理问题的)技巧

 
cease [si:s]

想一想再看

v. 停止,终止
n. 停止

 
administration [əd.mini'streiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 行政,管理,行政部门

联想记忆
funds

想一想再看

n. 基金;资金,现金(fund的复数) v. 提供资金

 
replace [ri(:)'pleis]

想一想再看

vt. 取代,更换,将物品放回原处

 


关键字: 美剧 第四季 纸牌屋

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。