Over 20 years?
20多年的
Thirty?
30年呢
Forty?
40
How about fifty? Fiftyfive.
50年呢,55年
Fiftyfive years.
55年
And what is your name ma'am?
你叫什么,女士
Agnes. Yeah I think you mean Saint Agnes.
艾格尼丝,是圣徒艾格尼丝吧,
Yes. Yes I do.
是的,没错
Well Francis and I are only halfway there
弗兰西斯和我的婚姻才到那一半的年头
but I bet you know your husband as well as you know yourself.
但我打赌你对你丈夫就像对自己一样了解
Am I right? Yes I do.
我说得对吗,对,是这样,
Well I know Francis Underwood.
我了解弗兰西斯·安德伍德
I know what keeps him up at night.
我知道什么让他夜不能寐
And I'm sure it's the same thing that keeps your husbands up too.
我确信那原因跟你们的丈夫一样
The future. How can I ensure a better future for my family?
是未来,我要怎么保证家庭的未来更美好
Except... Francis as President...
但是,弗兰西斯,作为总统...
his focus is on the progress of all American families.
他的目光关注着全美国的家庭
You know what he said to me last night?
你们知道他昨晚跟我说什么吗
He said "Claire my entire presidential agenda it's very simple.
他说"克莱尔,我整个总统工作目标很简单
I want to be able to look every single American in the eye
我想看着每一个美国人的眼睛
and know that I have made their lives better."
知道自己让他们过得更好了"
Yes.
请讲
I have to say Mrs. Underwood
我得说,安德伍德夫人
I find you very charming.
我觉得您很有魅力
And you seem quite honest.
看起来也很诚实
But I have trouble believing
但我无法相信
that your husband truly cares about people.
您丈夫真的关心人民
Well Francis Underwood is a good man.
弗兰西斯·安德伍德是个好人
He's dedicated and generous.
他甘于奉献,慷慨大方
And I have 28 years of proof.
我有28年的真实经历为证
And I can honestly say even if I wasn't married to him
而我可以说,即使我没嫁给他
he would definitely have my vote.
也会投票给他
Thank you.
谢谢你
Negligence. Nepotism.
渎职,任人唯亲
Misappropriation of federal funds.
侵吞联邦基金
A foreign policy fiasco and loose with the truth.
外交政策失败,还有隐瞒事实
What do these five fingers have in common?
这五根指头共同指向哪里
Francis J. Underwood.
弗兰西斯·J·安德伍德
Mr. King I would like to respond to that.
金先生,我想回应一下
This is a man who believes in the rule of lawish.
此人却藐视法律
The legislative processish. The Constitutionish.
不顾立法程序,罔顾宪法
Is this the man who should be president?
这样的人应该当总统吗
Ms. Dunbar like any good lawyer
邓巴女士,你像个好律师那样
you have a knack for rhetoricish.
有绝佳的辞令
But the American people are tired of words.
但美国人民听够空话了
What they crave is action.
他们渴望的是实际行动
My concern about focusing on the word "Action"
我担心我强调"行动"这个词
is that she'll just come back with failed actions.
她会用失败的行动回击
America Works the UN mission.
美就法,联合国维和任务
"Action" performed well with key demos in our last poll.
"行动"在上轮民调的关键人群中反响不错,
Yes but doesn't this take us off message?
是,但这不会偏离主题吗
We have been saying "A vote for Frank Underwood
我们一直说,"支持弗兰克·安德伍德
is a vote for America Works."
就是支持美就法"
That's what we've been running on.
我们一直在说那个
You need a word that goes beyond America Works.
你得找一个美就法之外的词
Something that can be used for anything.
任何情况都能用的
Remy what do you think?
雷米,你怎么看
We're talking about the word "Action."
我们在讨论"行动"这个词
Sorry I was uh...
抱歉,我刚刚...
my mind was on the foreign policy argument.
我在想外交政策的争论
I was just thinking ahead. What about "Vision"?
我想提前考虑好,"愿景"怎么样,
Isn't that too generic?
不会太泛泛了吗
That's what we want. I mean the more generic the better.
就是这目的啊,越概括越好
People can project anything they want on "Vision."
人们可以把任何事扯到"愿景"上
I'll get it polled before tomorrow.
我明天之前做好民调
We should work on Sharp next.
下面该准备与夏普的辩论了
You want me to play her?
要我扮她吗
Thank you for taking your role so seriously Donald.
谢谢你这么认真扮演,唐纳德
You should consider a career on the stage.
你应该考虑当演员
Because he sure as hell isn't gonna be on my ticket.
因为我是肯定不会选他的
You're good at this. They loved you.
你做这个很厉害,她们都喜欢你
Three decades of campaigns you learn how to read an audience.
竞选三十年,就知道怎么观察听众了
Selfpromotion gives me hives.
我受不了自我推销
Honestly I don't know how you do it.
说真的,真不知你怎么做到的
I'm promoting my husband not myself.
我是在推销我丈夫,不是我自己
That's a convenient way to spin it don't you think?
这借口真方便啊
Are you always this blunt?
你一向说话这么直白吗
I only have two days to tag along.
我只能再随行两天了
Mind if I ride with you since we have so little time?
介意我跟你一车吗,我们时间挺紧的
I need to make some calls. Maybe we'll find some time later.
我得打几个电话,也许以后吧
Remy you were distracted earlier. What's going on?
雷米,你之前走神了,怎么回事
Nothing. Everything's good.
没什么,都很好
I need you on your Agame Remy.
我需要你拿出最佳表现,雷米
This debate could make us the frontrunner.
这场辩论可能帮我们领先
It's just between the campaign and managing the White House
只是又要竞选,又要管理白宫
I'm a little burnt out.
我有点精疲力尽了
We still have months to go. A year before the general.
我们还有好几个月要忙,普选前还有一年
It's temporary. I'll get past it.
只是暂时的,我会好起来
If you can do it I can.
你能做到,我也能
Gavin?
嘉文
Hello Douglas. What do you want?
你好,道格拉斯,你想怎么样,
You still can't believe she's dead can you?
你还是不肯相信她死了,对吗
Well you shouldn't. 'Cause she's not.
你不该信,因为她没死
She's alive and I know exactly where she is.
她还活着,我知道她的确切住址
I've known for a while.
我早就知道了
What? Look on your laptop.
什么,看你的电脑,
No you... you showed me the picture.
不可能,你给我看过照片
Of her body. That wasn't her.
她尸体的照片,那不是她,
I forged it all so you'd lift my passport lock.
全是我伪造的,好让你给我的护照解锁
Well I'm out now Doug.
我已经逃出来了,道格
And I'm safe. But my friend isn't.
我很安全,但我朋友仍有危险
Talk to Green.
去找格林
Get him the same deal you got me all charges dropped.
给他拿到跟我一样的协议,撤销所有起诉
You do that and I'll tell you where she is.
你照做,我就告诉你她在哪
Hey Meechum. Sir.
密查姆,先生,
Mr. President.
总统先生
Thank you for coming all the way to Andrews.
感谢你赶来安德鲁空军基地
Did Remy walk you through the broad strokes?
雷米跟你说过总体方针了吗
No matter the policy question foreign or domestic
不论是政策,国际或国内问题
we hammer Dunbar's lack of experience.
我们都抨击邓巴经验不足
We bludgeon it.
要抓住这点不放
We cannot say "lack of experience" enough.
尽可能地强调"经验不足"
And no doubt she'll bring up Claire's recess appointment
毫无疑问,她会提起克莱尔休会任命一事
where I can't take the bait so I leave that entirely to you.
我不能发表看法,所以这个话题就交给你
This was one of the things that I was hoping to discuss.
这正是我希望跟你讨论的问题之一
Oh you don't want to call her "sexist"?
你不想说她性别歧视吗
The argument doesn't hold. It does hold.
这论点站不住脚,能站住脚,
She says that Claire was unqualified.
她说克莱尔不胜任那个工作
You say she wouldn't say that about a man with the same CV.
你说如果是男人有同样的履历她就不会这么说
I'm not sure that's true.
我觉得这未必
And calling another woman sexist
而且指责另一位女性性别歧视
when there's a man on the stage
特别是台上还有一位男性
And who else is better but you
没有比你更合适的人选
to call her out on what she's done for women
指责她在女性问题上
which is absolutely nothing?
根本无所作为
Whereas genderequality legislation is one of your hallmarks.
而通过立法促进性别平等是你的标志之一
But it could hurt me more than it hurts her.
但这对我的伤害可能远大于对她
I thought we had an understanding.
我以为我们已达成共识
You were gonna play pit bull while I play presidential.
你咄咄逼人,我保持气度
Will you get a little bloody? Yes probably.
你会惹火上身吗,对,有可能
But that's what people want in their debates.
但这不就辩论的目的吗
And then you and I together we bury her.
然后你与我携手,我们一起埋葬她
You drop out next week endorse me
再下个星期你退选,转而支持我
and the race is over.
竞选就此结束
I have no problem being forceful.
我不介意当打手
But this sexism thing and the whole school argument I
但这个性别歧视,还有择校的问题
You mean her kids.
你是说她的孩子
I really don't want to involve them.
我真的不想把他们扯进来
We have two things we want the American people to hear:
有两点我们希望美国人民知道
she lacks experience
她经验不足
and she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth.
还有她含着金钥匙出生
But there has to be another way.
但肯定还有别的方法
She wants to trumpet an equal playing field?
她想鼓吹同一起跑线
Then why does she send her own kids to private school?
那她为什么还送自己的孩子上私立学校
That is a clear and simple argument
这是一个简单清晰的观点
that everyone can get their heads around.
所有人都能明白
And it doesn't hurt
而且加分的是
that Iowa's biggest employer is the public school system.
爱荷华州最大的雇佣单位就是公立学校系统
Alan sends his kids to private school.
艾伦也送他的孩子上私立学校
Yeah but they're not your kids.
对,但他们不是你的孩子
They're my stepkids. And that makes me a hypocrite.
我是他们的继母,我会被攻击为伪君子
Is that really what you're concerned about?
这才是你真正在意的吗
Being a hypocrite?
被称为伪君子
It's my family.
这事关我的家人
Oh trust me they'll understand
相信我,等他们踏入了白宫
the moment they step into the White House.
他们就会理解你的
Jackie I really shouldn't have to convince you
杰姬,我想我不需要说服你
to do what it takes to get a set of keys.
该如何登上权利的顶端
I'll be the pit bull Mr. President.
我会咄咄逼人的,总统先生
Thank you Jackie.
谢谢你,杰姬
Are we all clear? The press has boarded sir.
准备好了吗,媒体已经登机,先生,
All right make sure no one sees her. Yes sir.
好,确保没人看到她,是,先生,
Flight time to Des Moines today will be two hours...
今天飞往得梅因将用时两小时
Such a pity how much ruthless pragmatism
真是可惜,她的坚决务实
gets weighed down by family values.
被家庭价值观拖了后腿
Without her doctor and his pimplyfaced brood
要是没有她那位医生和满脸粉刺的孩子
she could soar as high as this plane.
她本可以一飞冲天
Oh I know the marriage was my idea. Don't remind me.
我知道让她结婚是我的主意,不用你提醒
Doug.
道格
You okay? Yeah. I'm all right.
你没事吧,我没事,
What did you get locked out or something?
怎么了,被锁在门外了吗
I felt the need to drink.
我之前想喝酒
I got this far and I stopped myself.
我走到这儿,然后阻止了自己
Okay.
好吧
I wanted you to see it.
我想让你看到
That I could control it.
我可以控制自己
You wanna go back up?
你想回去吗
Yeah.
好,
I know it looks crazy.
我知道这看起来很吓人
But I had to do it.
但我必须那么做
Why?
为什么
There was this girl... before the injury.
有个女孩,我受伤之前认识的
She left me. So I started drinking.
她离开了我,然后我开始酗酒
I tried to shut her out
我试过忘记她
but I just kept checking my emails my text messages.
但我还是忍不住去查邮件和短信
It needed to stop.
不能再那样下去了
Who was she?
她是谁
You know what? That's okay.
算了,没关系
Doesn't matter.
无所谓了
What matters is that you got pushed to the edge today
重要的是,你今天被推到悬崖边
and you didn't fall off.
却没掉下去
You did what you had to do.
你做了你该做的
I don't judge you for it.
我不因此指责你
And I don't think it's crazy.
我也不觉得这吓人
We could've met somewhere a little warmer.
我们本可以在暖和点的地方见面
Walmart wanted to knock this down build a store here.
沃尔玛想把这片拆光,建起超市
But the community put a stop to it. I know.
但是被社区阻止了,我知道,
Because they wouldn't give a tax credit
因为他们不答应税收抵免
unless entrylevel wages were higher.
除非最低工资标准提高
So which is better? A shitty job or no job?
一份糟透了的工作和没有工作,哪个更好
Well I think I know your answer. Don't be so sure.
我想我知道你的答案,别那么肯定,
Jackie you have repeatedly
杰姬,你一再反对
opposed the minimumwage and CEO salary bill
我想让领导层推行的
I asked the leadership to introduce.
《最低工资和高管薪酬标准法案》
I've put a lot of thought into it.
我考虑了很多
This community took a stand.
这个社区表明了它的立场
If enough of them do Congress won't have a choice but to act.
如果足够多的人站出来,国会只能行动
Are we here to talk about legislation?
我们是为了讨论立法而来的吗
Because we both have a debate in six hours.
因为我们六个小时之后就都要参加辩论了
I want to endorse you.
我想支持你
I'll lay off you tonight. You and I attack Underwood.
今晚我不攻击你,我们一起攻击安德伍德
In three days I'll drop out and endorse.
三天后,我将退出并支持你
We haven't even had the first caucus.
我们还没开第一次党内会呢
You two are neckandneck.
你们俩势均力敌
I have 14 points in Iowa twelve in New Hampshire.
我在爱荷华有14%新罕布什尔是12%
You get my people you have a clear win in both states.
你得到我选民的支持,就能在两个州稳赢
My endorsement is valuable.
我的支持是很宝贵的
How much does Underwood value it?
那安德伍德有多看重呢
Highly. What did he offer you?
非常高,他开出什么条件,
I'm more interested in what you have to offer.
我更想知道你能开出什么价码
Did he promise a cabinet position?
他保证给你内阁席位
More than that?
还不止吗
He offered to put you on the ticket didn't he?
他要带你一起竞选,是吗
I wouldn't expect to be on your ticket Heather.
我不指望你会带我竞选,希瑟
You need a Southerner with a penis.
你需要个带把儿的南方人
I was thinking Secretary of Defense given my war record.
考虑到我的战争经验,我想要国防部长
But I'd be open to other ideas.
但其他可能性我也愿考虑
I would love your support Jackie but I offer you nothing.
我想要你的支持,杰姬,但我什么条件也不开
But... this is an easy win.
但是...这能轻巧取胜
I'm not gonna start selling off cabinet positions
在入主白宫之前
before I've won the White House.
我不会出卖内阁席位
Those decisions will be based purely on merit.
这种决定应该完全按资质做出
If I'm gonna lock up this nomination for you
我要是帮你拿下了提名
I deserve to be compensated.
我应该得到报酬
I plan on winning Jackie. Just... not your way.
我想获胜,杰姬,只是方法与你不同
And with or without your support.
不管你支不支持我
Then I'm sticking with Underwood.
那我可就跟安德伍德一条心了
You do what you have to do.
你做你该做的吧
Is Jackie in here?
杰姬在吗
Hi Bob.
鲍勃
Sorry I'm late.
不好意思我来晚了
How did your surgery go? Terrible.
手术进行得如何,糟透了,
The patient almost didn't make it.
病人差点没挺过去
But he's alive?
但是他还活着
She. And yeah. Stable condition.
是她,还活着,情况稳定了
It means so much to me that you came.
你能来对我意义重大
All done.
妆化好了
Do you like? It's good. Thank you.
还满意吗,很不错,谢谢,
So how'd it go with? Thanks.
那什么怎么样了,谢谢,
What'd she offer?
她开出什么条件
Nothing.
什么都没有
Nothing at all? I know I was surprised too.
一丁点都没有,我知道,我也很震惊,
It's foolish. She could lock this up.
太不明智了,她本可锁定胜局
I have to say I almost... respect it.
我不得不承认,我几乎心生敬意
Anyway you were right.
不管怎样,你是对的
Stick with the devil you know.
忠于你了解的那个魔鬼
Are the kids watching tonight?
孩子们今晚会看辩论吗
Yeah. They've got all their friends over at the house.
会的,他们把朋友都叫到家里了
Listen the ki
那个,孩子...
What?
怎么了
Nothing. How do I look?
没什么,我看起来怎么样
I'd throw you on that bed right now
我想现在就把你扔在床上
if it wouldn't mess up your hair.
可惜会弄乱你的头发
Watch me prep.
看我准备吧
You can mess up my hair all you want after the debate.
辩论结束之后你想怎么弄乱我头发都随你
She's here. There she is.
她来了,她来了,
Quiet guys. Quiet guys. Here she comes.
安静,安静,她来了
Quiet quiet!
安静
Thank you. Thank you. Hello everyone!
谢谢,感谢你们,大家好
Thank all of you so very much
非常感谢大家
for working so hard to make sure we take New Hampshire.
为我们能拿下新罕布什尔这么努力
It is field offices like this that win primaries
正是这样的办事处能让我们赢得初选
and the president wants you to know
总统想让大家知道
how much your dedication means to us.
你们的奉献对我们来说多么重要
Thank you so much. Thank you.
真的感谢大家,谢谢
Now who's ready to watch a debate?
谁想看辩论
There is a large crowd here in Sioux City tonight.
在苏城,人们齐聚一堂
I would say potential voters but of course here in Iowa
我想说潜在选民,但当然在爱荷华
citizens caucus instead of vote
市民们是通过党团会议而非投票的方式初选
and many of the people here in this room
而今天到场的许多人
will be doing just that on January 15th.
都会参加1月15日的党团会议
A CNN ORC poll has it as a tight race
一份CNN民意调查显示
between the two frontrunners.
目前两名领跑者的支持率不相上下
Heather Dunbar at 32 percent.
希瑟·邓巴的支持率为32%
President Frank Underwood at 30 percent.
弗兰克·安德伍德总统的支持率为30%
Congresswoman Jackie Sharp trails in third at 14 percent.
众议员杰姬·夏普以14%排在第三位
Twentytwo percent remain undecided.
还有22%尚未决定
You can switch it.
你可以换台
Really?
真的吗
Unless you want to watch.
除非你想看
No I thought you would.
不,我以为你想看
It's your last night here.
这是你在这里的最后一晚
I want to spend it with my brother
我想和我哥哥一起度过
not Frank Underwood.
而不是弗兰克·安德伍德
What do you want to watch instead?
那你想看什么
Anything. Whatever you want.
随便,你想看的就行
promising universal employment
保证全民就业,
and on Israeli Palestinian relations...
而在巴以关系上...
Oh shit. Have you ever seen Contagion?
天,你看过《传染病》吗
No.
没有
If you're a clean freak
如果你有洁癖
this'll definitely make you a germ freak.
这片子绝对能让你更加洁癖
I love this movie. Go for it.
我爱死这部电影了,那就看吧,
Welcome to the first
欢迎来到CNN举办的
Democratic nomination debate hosted by CNN.
第一场民主党提名辩论会
Our candidates tonight: Frank Underwood
今晚的候选人为,弗兰克·安德伍德
Jackie Sharp and Heather Dunbar.
杰姬·夏普和希瑟·邓巴
I'm John King and I'll be your moderator tonight.
我是约翰·金,今晚你们的裁判
Our debate will be divided in two parts
辩论分为两个部分
the first part focusing on foreign policy
第一部分主要关于外交政策
part two focusing on the domestic agenda.
第二部分则着重于国内政策
And our format will be as follows:
辩论形式如下
I will ask one candidate a question.
我会向每位候选人提一个问题
That candidate will have one minute to answer.
候选人有一分钟时间来回答
After that all of our candidates can engage in an open conversation
随后,所有候选人可以进行五分钟的
lasting for five minutes.
自由讨论
We begin though with opening statements.
首先还要请各位候选人进行开场陈述
And by lottery it was decided
经抽签决定
that President Underwood goes first.
先从安德伍德总统开始
Mr. President. Thank you. And good evening John
总统先生,谢谢,晚上好,约翰,
good evening to my fellow candidates
另外两位候选人晚上好
and to the good people of Sioux City.
苏城的好市民们晚上好
This nomination comes down to one word: vision.
这次提名归根结底就是一个词,愿景
I believe that I have shown a clear vision to this country
我相信我已经通过美国就业法案向全国人民
with America Works the most comprehensive jobs program
展现了我的愿景,近一个世纪以来
in nearly a century.
最全面的就业计划
We showed it could work in Washington DC.
我们已经证明该法案在华盛顿取得了成功
We need now to take what we did there and spread it nationwide
现在我们需要将我们的成功推广到全国
so that the American dream can become the American reality.
这样美国梦就能真正美梦成真
But that vision isn't enough on its own.
但是光有愿景还不够
You need someone with experience to make it happen.
你们需要一个有经验的人来实现这份愿景
And between my time in Congress and now at the White House
考虑到我在国会和白宫的经历
I have more experience than both of my opponents combined.
我的经验比两位对手加起来还要丰富
And uh when you hire someone for a job
当你考虑雇佣一个人的时候
are you gonna hire someone with 30 years' experience
你是会选择有三十年工作经验的人
or someone with less than ten
还是不到十年工作经验的人
or someone with no experience at all?
还是完全没有经验的人
Where I come from down south
在我南方老家那边
we call that as clear as a glass of moonshine.
我们管这种情况叫做显而易见
Former Solicitor General Dunbar is next.
下一位发言的是前副检察长邓巴女士
Your opening statement please. Thank you John.
请您致开场白,谢谢,约翰,
And thank you Iowa.
也感谢爱荷华人民
Well I agree with the President.
我同意总统刚才所说的
Vision and experience are exactly what America needs.
愿景和经验正是美国人民需要的
Unfortunately
不幸的是
he has the wrong vision and horrendous experience.
他拥有的却是错误的愿景和糟糕的经验
You can call America Works visionary but in truth
你可以说美国就业法案有远见,但实际上
it is just an ultraconservative agenda
它只是一个存在了数十年的
that's been around for decades.
极其保守的议程
Dismantle the safety net and hang people out to dry.
破坏安全保障,让人们自生自灭
As for the President's experience
至于总统先生的经验
he was in the leadership during
他在领导层在任期间
one of the most ineffective decades in Congressional history.
正值国会历史上最低效的时期之一
As president he has failed at everything he's done.
作为总统,他经手的每一件事都失败了
America Works was illegal in the minds
美国就业法案在包括我在内的
of many legal experts myself included.
许多法律专业人士看来都是违法的
His Jordan Valley plan was a disaster.
他的约旦河谷计划彻底失败
If that's what you call experience
如果你把这些称为经验
you're not just padding the résumé you are fabricating it.
那你不仅是在美化履历,而是伪造履历了
President Underwood isn't presenting us with a vision
安德伍德总统并不是在向我们展示愿景
he is convincing himself of his own delusion.
而是在说服自己相信自己的妄想
Now my vision is to tackle corporate greed
我的愿景则是遏制大企业的贪婪
raise pay for those who need it most
为最需要的人们提高薪酬
and create jobs by growing the economy
通过刺激经济增长制造就业
not robbing people of their retirement and health care.
而不是抢劫人民的退休金和医保
My experience is 20 years defending the Constitution.
我的经验是二十年扞卫宪法的经历
You know when I take my presidential oath
所以你们能肯定当我宣誓就任总统时
I will mean every word of it.
我会遵守誓言的每一个字
Ms. Dunbar thank you. Congresswoman Sharp
邓巴女士,谢谢,夏普众议员女士
your opening statement please. Thank you.
你的开场陈述,谢谢,
As many of you know I am a US Army veteran.
很多人都知道我曾是一名美国军人
Now I've seen firsthand the great sacrifices
我曾亲睹我的战友们
my fellow servicemen and women have made defending this country.
为守卫这个国家做出的伟大牺牲
But how can we ask them to protect a system
但我怎能让他们去保卫这个
that isn't protecting us?
没在保护我们的系统
Take women for example.
比如说女性
There are two women at this debate running for president.
这儿有两名女性参与了总统竞选
That's extraordinary. But out in the general workforce?
十分了不起,可是在普通工作场合呢
Women earn 77 cents on the dollar compared to men.
男性赚一美元而女性只能赚77美分
Even worse is minority women earning 67 cents on the dollar.
少数裔女性甚至只有67美分
Now Ms. Dunbar can talk about balancing the scales
邓巴女士可以高谈阔论缩小贫富差距
but she inherited a multibilliondollar fortune
但她继承了亿万家产
and never had to earn any cents on the dollar.
从未需要去努力赚一分钱
Now I don't agree with everything
我不认同安德伍德总统
that President Underwood has done or proposes
所做或是提议的所有事
but at least he knows what it means to work for a living.
但至少他知道为生活辛苦打拼的滋味
I can give you even better than that.
我还能带给你们更多
I know what it means to fight for a living.
我知道为生活斗争的滋味
And I will fight for fairness here at home
我将在国内努力为公平而战
just as fiercely as I fought our enemies overseas.
正如我当初在海外与敌人拼死斗争
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you Congresswoman.
谢谢,议员女士
Let's move to part one: foreign policy.
我们开始第一部分,对外政策
And the first question is for you Mr. President.
第一个问题是给您的,总统先生
Given the recent volatile events in the Jordan Valley
鉴于近期约旦河谷多变的形势
do you still believe it was correct
您仍然认为集结
to assemble the United Nations coalition and to intervene
联合国多国军队进行干预,是正确的决定吗
or is it time now to call that intervention a mistake?
或者我们该承认此次行动是错误的
Well I will answer that question John
我会回答这个问题的,约翰
but I'd like to address first
但我首先需要反驳
something Ms. Dunbar said a few moments ago.
邓巴女士刚刚说的一些话
America Works is not some stale old conservative agenda.
美国就业法案不是陈旧保守的议程
You name me one Republican
你能说出一个共和党人
who has suggested using federal funds
曾建议我们拿联邦基金
to guarantee jobs for every American
为每一个想要工作的美国人
who wants one and I will eat my hat.
提供工作,我就把帽子吃了
This isn't about dismantling government. It is about
这不是在践踏政府,这是在...
Aren't we supposed to be talking about foreign policy?
我们不是该讨论对外政策吗
Yeah I will. But first I'd like to correct
我会谈到的,但首先,我想更正一下...
Because it's easier to talk about America Works
因为谈论美国就业法案
than to defend your indefensible UN mission.
比维护你站不住脚的联合国行动更容易
At least I have a record to defend Ms. Dunbar.
至少我有可维护的过去,邓巴女士
Speaking of your record Mr. President
说到过去,总统先生
you went on record saying you wouldn't run for president.
您曾公开表明不会竞选总统
And yet here you are. John it seems that
可却还是参选了,约翰,看起来,
your very thoughtful rules have gone out the window.
你精心制定的规则已经失效了
You have no respect for rules Mr. President.
您对规则毫不尊重,总统先生
Take FEMA for example.
比如联邦应急管理局
Oh you want to talk about FEMA now
你现在要说联邦应急管理局
instead of foreign policy.
而非对外政策了吗
I am just following your lead sir.
我只是顺着您的话往下接
See what a mess we get into
看我们在您的领导下
when we follow your brand of leadership?
陷入怎样的混乱啊
Well I must admit that Ms. Dunbar
我必须承认,邓巴女士
does have many years of experience
确实在辞令华丽的辩论方面
making rhetorical arguments in court.
有多年经验
You've just seen proof of that today.
今天看到的就是最好的证明
But serving the American people is not about what you say
可是服务美国人民并非靠口头上的功夫
it's about what you do.
而在于行动
And I would ask: what have you ever done?
我想问,你做了什么
I have to agree that Ms. Dunbar's lack of experience is a concern.
我同意,邓巴女士经验的缺乏令人担心
I find it ironic that the president talks about
总统居然提起经验的重要性
the importance of experience
讽刺的是
given the fact that he appointed his wife UN ambassador
他任命了毫无任何资质的妻子
despite her utter lack of credentials.
为联合国大使
That's a sexist comment.
这是性别歧视
Excuse me?
你说什么
You wouldn't be making that argument
如果是一名女性总统任命自己的丈夫
if a female president had appointed her husband.
你肯定不会这么说
A husband with the same lack of international affairs experience
一个像克莱尔·安德伍德那样
as Claire Underwood? Yes I would.
缺乏经验的丈夫吗,我还是会的
In fact it makes me question your advocacy for women in general.
事实上,这让我质疑你对于女性的支持
Well that's ridiculous.
真荒谬
What have you done to further gender equality?
你在推动性别平等方面做过什么
What have you done to balance the scales?
你在缩小贫富差距方面做过什么
That's your slogan and yet
那是你的口号
you've left half of the population out of the mix.
可你却无视了一半的人口
But that is simply not true.
事实不是这样的
Can can you name one specific thing?
你能说出一件事吗
Yes I can. Being a woman who has served as Solicitor General
当然,我是史上少有的
one of the few in the history of the court.
曾担任过副检察长的女性
Well that advanced your interests
这符合你个人的利益
but what did that do for 150 million women out there?
可那对于1.5亿女性有什么用呢
The very fact that a woman can hold that position
身为女性能够担任这样的职位
So you are a symbol. In a way yes I suppose I am.
所以你是一种象征,某种程度上我是,
Me and many other women including yourself
包括你在内的很多女性
Okay but how does that get us
可这样能够让我们
from 77 cents on the dollar to 100?
从挣77美分变成一美元吗
Real cents. Not symbolic cents.
真实的钱,不是象征意义的
Well now you're just aping the president's rhetoric.
你现在只是在模仿总统的说辞
Another sexist comment.
又是性别歧视
How could you possibly misconstrue my words?
你怎么可以这么扭曲我的话
I speak for myself.
我只代表自己
I am not aping the president or any other man.
我不是在模仿总统,或者任何男人
I'm sorry I won't engage with this
抱歉,我不会回应这种...
You know when things get tough on the battlefield
战场上,战事激烈的时候
we never say
我们可不会说
"Sorry I won't engage."
"抱歉,我不会回应(开火)"
We engage Ms. Dunbar.
我们做出回应,邓巴女士
And you need to confront the fact
而你得面对这个事实
that you do not have women's best interests at heart.
那就是你并未把女性的利益放在心上
John this is getting out of hand.
约翰,这样没法收场了
All right then let's move on to the next question.
好吧,开始下一个问题
We are in the foreign policy portion of this debate.
现在的辩论主题是外交政策
Ms. Dunbar let me bring this question to you.
邓巴女士,请允许我问你这个问题
You're critical of the president.
你不赞成总统的做法
You say it's indefensible what he has done in the Jordan Valley.
你说他在约旦河谷的所作所为完全站不住脚
But specifically what would you do differently?
如果换做是你,你具体会怎么做呢
Well John I'm glad you asked that.
约翰,我很高兴你问了这个问题
Sending troops into the Jordan Valley
在我看来,把军队派往约旦河谷
I need to go back to the hotel.
我得回酒店了
isn't what I call diplomacy.
可算不上外交
Everybody Mrs. Underwood needs to leave us now.
各位,安德伍德夫人得走了
I really wish I could stay
真希望我可以留下来
but I have a very full day tomorrow.
但我明天的行程很满
I should rest up. But again I want to thank you all
我得回去休息了,不过我想再次感谢所有人
for your hospitality and all of your hard work.
感谢你们的招待还有你们的辛勤工作
Thank you so much.
非常感谢各位
Good night everyone.
大家晚安
His trickledown diplomacy is another example of delusion.
他的滴入式外交政策只不过是又一个妄想
Mrs. Underwood.
安德伍德夫人
Oh you should go back inside with the volunteers
你该回去,跟志愿者待在一起
and have the full campaign experience.
感受竞选的氛围
I didn't come to New Hampshire for that.
我来新罕布什尔不是为了这个
I came to speak with you.
我是来找你谈话的
Tomorrow maybe. My brain is a bit fried.
也许明天吧,我现在头脑不清醒
Is it what Sharp said?
是因为夏普的话吗
Why you don't want to watch anymore?
你为什么不想再看下去了
The sexist comment? Oh I honestly don't care.
那个性别歧视的发言,我不关心那个,
It's all spectacle.
那不过是一场表演
Who can get the most points right?
看谁能拉到更多支持率,不是吗
Good night.
晚安
Now for part two of our debate: the domestic agenda.
现在进行辩论的第二部分,国内政策
And the first question goes to you Congresswoman.
第一个问题是给你的,议员女士
The President speaks of America Works.
总统提到了美国就业法案
Ms. Dunbar wants to raise minimum wage.
邓巴女士想要提高最低工资
Talks about regulating executive pay.
她提到了控制高管薪酬
But a lot of people aren't quite clear
但很多人还不清楚
about your economic policy.
你主张的经济政策
What specifically I underscore "Specifically"
具体来说,我特别强调"具体"
would you do if elected president?
你若当选总统会怎么做
Well I plan to do a lot. And we talked about this earlier.
我要做的有很多,这点我们之前已经谈过
First and foremost
第一点,也是最重要的一点
I want to press for gender equality
我想推动男女平等
and close the salary gap.
消除薪资差距
If half of the working population
如果一半的就业人员
has more money in their pockets
能拿到更多的工资
that will catalyze spending which will grow the economy
这会刺激消费,促进经济增长
which will in turn create more jobs.
最终创造更多就业机会
Mr. President what do you think of that?
总统先生,你怎么看
Oh I agree. I think that gender equality is very important.
我同意这种想法,我认为男女平等非常重要
And under my AmWorks program
在我主张的美就法中
there will be a provision that all AmWorks jobs
会有一项条款,美就法下所有的就业机会
there can be no discrepancy in pay between men and women.
都不能出现男女薪资不平等的情况
AmWorks jobs so that's the government.
美就法,这只是政府提供的工作
What about the rest of the private sector?
那其它的私人企业呢
Well I think we have to start by leading by example
我认为得先有榜样
then we introduce legislation...
再着手立法...
Leading by example?
榜样
If America Works is how you lead by example...
如果美国就业法案就是你所谓的榜样
I'm sorry please let me finish my point Mr. Dunbar.
抱歉,请让我说完,邓巴女士
If that is how you lead by example
如果这就是你所谓的榜样
then are we to assume that everyone should illegally
那我们是否要认为,每个人都要非法地
raid funds that they have no right to use?
占用他们不该占用的资金
Everyone should start robbing banks?
每个人都要去抢银行吗
Holding up liquor stores?
去打劫酒水店吗
Now Ms. Dunbar with all due respect
邓巴女士,无意冒犯
you can criticize my programs as much as you want
你可以尽情地批判我的计划
but to accuse me of illegal activity
但要指控我违法...
One thing you can't deny is that I am much more of an authority
有一件事你无法否认,那就是在宪法上
on the Constitution than you are Mr. President.
我懂的比你多得多,总统先生
Ms. Dunbar all three of us on this stage
邓巴女士,我们三个人
have taken oaths of office.
都曾进行过宣誓就职
I would have to say that we have all defended the Constitution.
我认为我们都扞卫了宪法
You don't have some special claim on the Constitution.
宪法不是你一个人的
The Constitution belongs to everyone in this room
宪法属于在座的所有人
and every citizen in the United States.
它属于美国的每一位公民
But I would ask Ms. Sharp
但我想问夏普女士
you voted in favor of dismantling America Works.
你投票同意废除美国就业法案
Was that because you thought it was in fact
这么做是因为你认为该法案
as Ms. Dunbar says illegal?
如邓巴女士所言,是非法的吗
I voted for dismantlement because I wanted to make sure
我当时投票废除法案,是因为我想确保
we were prepared for the hurricane
我们做好了飓风的应对工作
not because I thought your
而不是由于我认为
reading of the Stafford Act was illegal per se.
你对《斯塔福法案》的解读是非法的
Honestly you think the president had a right to do what he did?
真的吗,你认为总统有权做那种事吗
It's an appropriations issue not a legal one.
这是拨款问题,不是法律问题
What about his character?
那他的人格呢
He basically walked into FEMA and said
他相当于直接走进联邦应急管理局对大家说
up and show me where the vault is."
"举起手来,告诉我保险库在哪里" "Stick 'em
So now I'm a bank robber. Six Gun Underwood
我现在又成抢劫犯了,六抢·安德伍德
what they call me in South Carolina.
南卡罗莱纳就这么叫我
I'm sorry but I do not find this funny.
抱歉,但我不觉得这有什么好笑的
I say you are a hypocrite.
要我说你就是伪君子
You claim to care about the ten million people out of work
你声称在乎那些一千万失业人口
but you will steal their Disaster Relief Fund...
但你却盗用了他们的赈灾基金
This is an appropriations issue Miss Dunbar.
这是拨款问题,邓巴女士
Social Security and health care.
社会保险和医疗福利
We put 50000 people to work in Washington DC.
我们在华盛顿特区创造了五万工作岗位
Heather Dunbar wants to balance the scales
希瑟·邓巴想要缩小贫富差距
to fix a broken system.
修复失衡的系统
And yet she sends her own kids to private school.
与此同时她却送自己的孩子上私立学校
With money she never earned but which she inherited.
用的并不是她工作所得,而是继承的遗产
Now it is easy to talk about the problems of the poor
出身显赫,却高谈贫困问题
with a silver spoon in your mouth.
是站着说话不腰疼
Am I welloff? Absolutely.
我是否家境富裕,确实如此
So was FDR when he developed the New Deal.
罗斯福推行新政时也是如此
Since when does one's income determine one's amount of empathy?
从何时开始人的同情心开始由收入决定了
Would you send your kids to public school?
你会送你的孩子上公立学校吗
Let's keep our children out of this.
不要再提及我们的孩子
You want your kids to have a head start
你希望你的孩子赢在起跑线上
to have an advantage over the kids in public schools.
胜过那些上公立学校的孩子
Lots of Americans of all ranges of income
许多收入水平各不相同的美国人
choose to send their children to private or parochial schools.
都选择送他们的孩子上私立或教区学校
But isn't it true that you want your children
但你希望你的孩子比其他孩子
to have a leg up on everyone else?
更胜一筹,不是吗
Is that balancing the scales? Or is that hypocrisy?
这是平衡差距吗,还是虚伪
Or maybe it's that you didn't want to raise them yourself
或许,你是根本不想亲自养育他们
so you sent them to boarding school.
所以送他们去上寄宿学校
You must really want to be president.
看来你真的很想当总统
I would never in a million years
我永远都不会
bring up your children in a debate.
在辩论中提到你的孩子
The way you choose to raise them is your business.
你想怎样养育他们是你的私事
Do I want the best for my kids? Yes I do.
我想给我的孩子最好的一切吗,当然
I imagine you're the same way.
我想你也一样
I hope you are.
我希望如此
Well I'm sure you're both excellent mothers.
你们两位肯定都是很棒的母亲
But perhaps we should get back to some
但也许我们该回到...
Congresswoman Sharp raised the issue of sexism earlier.
夏普议员女士之前提到性别歧视问题
Now it is an important point and we need to address it.
这是很重要的问题,需要进行讨论
Sexism is wrong. The Congresswoman is correct
性别歧视不可取,议员女士说得没错
in saying that all aspects of it should be illegal.
不论何种形式的性别歧视都应被视为违法
And then she accused me of being sexist
然后她指责我批评克莱尔·安德伍德
for criticizing Claire Underwood.
是性别歧视
But wouldn't that same logic hold true for you Ms. Sharp?
但这个逻辑放到你身上不也成立吗,夏普女士
Would you have come after my kids if I were a man?
如果我是男人你还会紧咬我的孩子不放吗
Aren't you trying to paint the picture that I'm a bad mother
你不就是想把我抹黑成一个糟糕的母亲
shipping my kids off to some farflung place?
把自己的孩子送去个偏远的地方
Because you know if you can make me seem like a bad mother
因为你知道如果你能把我抹黑成一个坏母亲
then how could anyone possibly support me?
不可能还会有人支持我
That's not hardball that is just disgusting.
这不是正面攻击,这只让人恶心
Well I have to say I do think Ms. Dunbar has a point.
我必须说我认为邓巴女士说得有道理
I mean speaking of hypocrisy
说到虚伪
don't you send your own kids to private school
你不是也送自己的孩子上私立学校吗
Congresswoman?
议员女士
Well that wasn't my point. I
那不是我的论点,我...
What was your point?
你的论点是什么
Well I was um...
我,
My... My point....
我的论点...
John I think I've said all I need to say on this subject.
约翰,我想在这个议题上我该说的都说完了
All right fair enough Congresswoman.
那好吧,议员女士
Next question goes to you Ms. Dunbar.
下个问题是问你的,邓巴女士
Okay guys first poll is coming in.
好了,观众们,第一轮民调结果出来了
Most of them give Frank Underwood the win.
大多数都支持弗兰克·安德伍德
Not by a lot.
但优势并不明显
But did he do enough to overtake Dunbar become the frontrunner?
但他所做的能打败邓巴,在竞选中领跑吗
George I don't think it's so much what Underwood did
乔治,我认为关键并不在于安德伍德做了什么
but what he didn't do.
而是他没做什么
He remained presidential.
他保持了总统的气度
And when the attacks came his way he held the high ground.
当他被攻击时,他保持了风度
Now Dunbar and Sharp they came out swinging
邓巴和夏普都出击凌厉
and I think it hurt them both.
我认为这对她们都不利
Yeah but Sharp had to do something.
没错,但夏普必须有所作为
She's 20 points behind the other two.
她落后其他两人20%
But the sexism thing? And going after Dunbar's kids?
但性别歧视的论调,还攻击邓巴的孩子
It seemed quite desperate.
感觉很孤注一掷
She did do some damage to Dunbar.
她确实对邓巴造成了一些伤害
I don't know about that. Dunbar could've fared far worse.
这我不敢肯定,邓巴的处境本可能糟
She took it on the chin held her own
她承受了打击,也主动出击
and in my opinion it was a tie.
在我看来这是平局
But bottom line does this debate change anything?
但最重要的是这场辩论会带来什么改变吗
Does it affect the caucus
这会影响党团会议结果吗
Does it affect the primary in New Hampshire?
这会影响新罕布什尔的初选吗
We're still over a month out.
现在离投票还有一个月
And so a lot could change in this process
这段时间里还有很多变数
but I do think the momentum could shift in Underwood's favor.
但我认为现在的形势对安德伍德有利
Let's not forget that it's remarkable that a sitting president
让我们别忘记,值得注意的是,现任总统
isn't considered the frontrunner to begin with.
原本并非竞选中的领跑者
That's an excellent point.
提得很好
No incumbent has ever had to fight back from this far...
从未有过现任总统,要从这么落后的位置往上拼
Yes? He said she's not picking up sir.
喂,他说她不接电话,先生,
Would you like me to have him knock on her door?
需要我叫他去敲她门吗
No that's all right. Thank you.
没关系,谢谢
You haven't said a word.
你什么话都没说
Well you've been prepping for days.
你准备辩论几天了
I thought you might want a break from talking.
我以为你想静一静
You're disappointed in me.
你对我很失望
That the kids got mentioned.
因为我提及了孩子
They're teenagers. They'll be fine.
他们还小,没事的
Probably thrilled... that they got mentioned at all.
估计还很激动自己被提到了
If I'm disappointed in anyone
要说我对谁失望
it's him for throwing you under the bus.
也是对他把你往火坑里推失望
I gotta fly back with you tonight.
我今晚跟你一块飞回去
Don't you have events tomorrow?
你明天不是还有活动吗
This is more important.
这事更重要
What is?
什么更重要
Thank you all for coming in.
感谢大家前来
If you want to head out this door right here.
请从这边出口出去
Thank you very much.
非常感谢
All right I'll give you some privacy.
好了,我就不打扰你了
This should only take 15 minutes.
大概只需15分钟
So just holler out if you need anything. Thank you.
有需要就叫我们,谢谢你,
Pull up a chair. We can talk while this finishes up.
拿把椅子来,我们可以边等边聊
I should be doing this too.
我也应该献个血
I'm sure we could get another lawn chair in here.
我相信我们能再给你拿把躺椅
I can't. I was a junkie once upon a time.
我不能献血,以前有毒瘾
What would you call this color? Scarlet isn't right.
你管这叫什么颜色,猩红色不贴切
It's not crimson or maroon.
也不是深红或褐红
Carmine. Carmine?
洋红色,洋红色吗,
You must be a writer.
果然作家就是不一样
No I know that. But you know she always tells everyone
不,我知道,但你也知道她总跟别人说
she bakes them herself and I know she doesn't.
她都是自己烤的,但我知道肯定不是
That's local.
这是本地新闻
Thank you for your support. I'll see you when I get there.
谢谢你的支持,等我到了之后见
Is there some reason we couldn't do this by phone?
为什么我们不能在电话里谈
This needed to be in person.
这需要当面谈清楚
Yes but you canceled all your events.
是,但你把你的活动都取消了
I want to talk about the debate.
我想跟你谈谈辩论的事
You know it wasn't the home run we hoped for
虽然不是我们期望中的大获全胜
but you did great Jackie.
但你干得不错,杰姬
She spent half the debate on the defensive.
她一半时间都在防守辩护
I humiliated myself.
我让自己难堪了
You got a little beat up that's all.
你只是受了点挫败
And you threw the biggest punch.
而你下了最重的一拳
Oh you mean the thing about your kids?
你是说你孩子的事吗
That wasn't what we discussed.
那不是我们说好的
I had to hit you hard so she wouldn't.
我得对你下重手这样她就不会了
And besides we had to dispel any suspicion
再说,我们得打消
that you and I might be in concert.
关于我俩关系的猜疑
I'm not comfortable with the dynamic we've established.
我不喜欢我们现在的这种关系
What dynamic is that?
什么关系
The leash you have me on.
你拴着我得那条绳索
How I'm supposed to roll over and do any trick you want.
我得对你言听计从
You're taking me for granted.
你是把我视作理所应当
What am I supposed to be uh...
不然呢,我该怎么着
appreciative of your lackluster enthusiasm?
感激你那乏善可陈的热情
How fortunate I am to have you "Sort of" on my team?
你"算是"跟我一队我有多幸运吗
You're not "Happy" with our dynamic?
你不喜欢我们之间的关系
Well I'm not happy with your attitude.
我还不喜欢你的态度
If anything you're taking me for granted.
再怎么说,也是你把我视作理所应当
Sir We had a deal Jackie.
先生,我们有协定,杰姬,
And I am perfectly willing to hold up my end of the bargain.
我很乐意履行约定
But do not be under any illusions.
但别想错了
This is not a partnership of equals.
这种合作关系并不平等
Nothing close to it.
完全不平等
If you are to be my Vice President you will do what I ask.
你要是想当我的副总统,就按我说的做
And we will not have this conversation
我们不能每次
every time you feel uncomfortable with what I ask you to do
你对我的要求有所不情愿,或不满我的行为
or how I choose to conduct myself.
就要这样争辩一番
That's our dynamic.
这就是我们的关系
Are we still sticking to the timeline?
我们还要继续按时间表来吗
I'm sorry I couldn't quite hear you.
对不起,我听不太清
Are we still sticking to the timeline? I drop out next week?
我们还要继续按时间表来吗,我下周退出
I see no reason why you shouldn't.
没理由不这么做
Thank you Mr. President. See you in Iowa.
谢谢你,总统先生,爱荷华见,
Why did you change your hair back to blonde?
你怎么又把你头发染回金发了
That's your burning question?
这就是你最想问的吗
I'm curious.
只是好奇
How does that help the book?
这对书有什么帮助
Who knows? But right now I got nothing.
谁知道呢,但现在我什么灵感都没有
We changed it because blonde polls better with the voters.
我们换回金发是因为选民更喜欢金发
We?
我们
There's a whole gaggle of people
有一群人
that weigh in on how you look and what you wear
来提议你的造型,穿着
whether an event calls for...
考虑活动需要什么
heels earrings no earrings.
高跟鞋,戴不戴耳环
You hate it don't you?
你不喜欢这样,不是吗
Campaigning?
竞选
Everybody hates campaigning.
没人喜欢竞选过程
Except for the politicians. They feed off the energy.
除了政客,他们总能从中吸取能量
And their spouses.
还有从他们配偶那儿
You think Francis feeds off me?
你觉得弗兰西斯在吸食我吗
You are literally giving your blood.
你可正在献血呢
Plenty of people give blood who aren't married to politicians.
很多配偶不是政客的人也献血
Very few people campaign for someone who just fired them.
没几个人会帮刚炒了自己的人竞选
He tell you that?
他告诉你的
He said he betrayed you.
他说他背叛了你
Three days later you change your hair back to blonde
三天后,你染回金发
and resign so you can quote "Devote yourself to the campaign."
然后辞职,以便"投入竞选"
I did the math.
一想就明白了
You and Francis you've....
你和弗兰西斯,你们...
We've what?
我们怎么
He's shared a lot.
他跟你说了很多
Does that bother you?
会困扰你吗
Why would it?
为什么会
Another betrayal?
这也是背叛吗
No.
不是
You're...
你...
Are you okay?
你没事吧
Just a little lightheaded.
只是有点头晕
Here. Thank you.
给,谢谢,
I was thinking.
我在想
About what?
想什么
Mrs. Underwood?
安德伍德夫人
Jumping.
跳下去
Jumping?
跳下去
You ever have that feeling?
你有过那种感觉吗
Conversation? Which feeling?
谈话时,什么感觉,
On a bridge you look over and...
站在桥上,向下看...
step back.
往后退
Do you need me to get someone?
要帮你叫人吗
He proposed and I said...
他求婚了,我说...
I said seven years.
我说七年
If it's still good another seven.
七年后还行,就再七年
If not...
如果不行...
Every seven years.
那就等七年
I don't hate campaigning.
我不讨厌竞选活动
What I hate is...
我讨厌的是...
how much I need us.
我有多放不下我们
How much you need each other?
你们有多放不下彼此
I didn't jump.
我没跳下去
I didn't step back.
也没后退
I didn't...
我没有...
Mrs. Underwood?
安德伍德夫人
What happened? She passed out.
怎么了,她晕了,
Let me see. Mrs. Underwood?
我看看,安德伍德夫人
Can you hear me? Mrs. Underwood?
能听到吗,安德伍德夫人
So all these three girls they got a different papi or what?
这三个姑娘,爸爸不是一个人还是怎么
They got the blonde they got the redhead they got the brunette.
一个金发,一个红发,一个黑发
And that's Petticoat Junction right? Sir?
这是《裙路口》的剧情吧,先生,
May we speak privately? Oh let me let y'all be.
能私聊吗,那我走了,
You're in the middle of your story. Sir if you don't mind.
你故事正讲到一半,先生,我想跟你私谈,
Is it classified? No it is not.
是机密吗,不是,
Then talk.
那就说
Jackie just stopped by my office. She's upset.
杰姬刚来我办公室,她很沮丧
I think we need to take her views more into consideration.
我觉得我们该多考虑她的想法
She's being ridiculous.
她在无理取闹
I think she made some valid points.
我觉得她挺有道理
Who do you work for me or her?
你为我还是为她工作
I'm just trying to communicate her concerns.
我只想转达她的担忧
She'd better get in line and so had you.
她最好照说照做,你也是
I'm never gonna win if I have to spend my time
如果总要费时间跟下属解释
explaining myself to my subordinates.
我是赢不了的
Look let me let you No no. Now Freddy sit down.
我还是走吧,别,弗莱迪,坐下,
Do you remember when we talked about how you treat your staff?
记得我们谈过你是怎样对待下属的吗
You want to win?
你想获胜吗
You sure as hell won't do it without any of them.
没有他们,你绝对做不到
You keep on like this you won't have any of them left.
继续这样,他们都会离开你
Are you talking about loyalty?
你想谈忠诚吗
The only brand of that I accept is unconditional.
我只接受无条件的忠诚
Anything less is a Y'all should put this on payperview.
做不到就...这应该做收费节目,
But you. You a big guy. But this sucker
你个头大,但这家伙
I've seen him go through a rack of ribs like it was wet tissue.
我见过他吃肋排狼吞虎咽的样子
Who'd you put your money on?
你赌谁赢
Oh I'm not gonna fall into that trap.
我才不会上当
You. Sir? It's your wife.
当然是你,先生,您妻子出事了,
She passed out giving blood. What?
她献血晕过去了,什么,
She's okay but uh Mr. Yates is on the line.
没什么大碍,但耶茨先生打过来了
I'll take it in my private study.
我在私人书房接
Don't do no good callin' a man out like that.
你这么顶撞他毫无益处
It's like... blamin' a snake for having fangs.
这就像怪蛇有毒牙
I couldn't help myself.
我忍不住
Could you do me a favor? What's that?
能帮我个忙吗,什么,
Cover for me. I got work to do and he needs company.
帮我打掩护,他让我陪但我还有工作
Back at the ribs joint I could just walk back in the kitchen
原来在餐馆,我听腻了
when I got tired of hearing him talk.
就回厨房干活
Yeah. I'll tell him your boss came over. Thank you brother.
好,我就说你上司来了,谢谢,伙计,
Put her on the phone with me.
让她接我电话
She didn't want me to call but I thought I should.
她不让我打电话,但我觉得应该打
Well is she nearby? I think she's embarrassed.
她在旁边吗,她好像有点不好意思,
I'm her husband.
我可是她丈夫
The nurses are with her.
护士在照顾她
Maybe you should just hold off for a few minutes.
也许你还是再等等吧
Tell the head of her detail to get her on the plane right away.
让她的安保队长立刻送她上飞机
She has to come back here and see the White House physician.
她得回来看白宫的医生
My guess is she'd be even more embarrassed
我猜如果取消活动的话
if she had to cancel her events.
她会更不好意思
This isn't about how she feels.
这跟她的感受无关
This is about what's best for her.
这是为她好
She doesn't need a doctor. She needs you.
她不需要看医生,她需要你
What do you mean?
这是什么意思
She said some things about every seven years.
她说了些话,说到七年一次
About being in limbo on the edge of a bridge.
关于站在桥的边缘
Listen just because I may have shared with you
听着,就因为我告诉过你
a few things about our marriage
一些我们婚姻的事
does not give you the right to interfere with it.
并不代表你可以指手画脚
Now please have her call me when she's ready.
让她好点了给我打电话
Well... this is it.
结束了
Sixty days. Sixty days.
60天,60天,
That movie freaked me out.
那电影吓死我了
The whole world can fall apart in sixty days.
全世界可以在60天内分崩离析
Or a guy can get sober.
也可以让人彻底戒酒
I washed my hands for ten minutes last night before bed.
昨晚睡前我洗了十分钟的手
You turned me from an alcoholic to a germaphobe.
你把我从酒鬼改造成了洁癖
That's not a bad tradeoff.
这交易你不吃亏
The 14 years I got by on my own...
过去我自己度过的14年
they mean nothing compared to the last eight weeks
跟与你一起度过的这八周比
you've been here with me.
根本一文不值
You would have done the same for me.
换做是我你也会这么做
I'd like to think so.
我希望我能做到
Know so.
你会的
I love you brother.
我爱你,哥哥
Call me when you land.
到了给我打电话
Jesus you sound like Sarah.
老天,你简直跟萨拉一样
So we want to focus on adbuys
我们要在阔德城
more in the Quad Cities market less so in Des Moines.
投放更多广告,在得梅因减少投放量
You're stronger in the East
你在东部的支持率更高
and we want to turn our twos there into ones.
我们想巩固那里的领先地位
The "Vision" message really resonated
辩论之后,"愿景"这个口号
in our focus groups postdebate
在焦点小组中引起很大共鸣
so I think we should cut a new ad centered on that
我认为我们应该针对此拍个新广告
and weave it into the stump.
并把它纳入竞选宣传
Sir?
先生
I'm sorry what?
抱歉,怎么了
Are you good if we change the stump
如果我们把竞选宣传的主题
to focus on the "Vision" theme?
换成"愿景"你没意见吧
I want to go to New Hampshire tomorrow first thing.
我想明天一早去新罕布什尔
We have you going to Iowa.
您的行程安排是去爱荷华州
I know but I want to change the schedule.
我知道,但我想更改计划
In every campaign there comes a time for taking stock.
任何人竞选时,总得停下脚步评估形势
A time for soulsearching. And...
自我反省
in the past 24 hours I have done just that.
在过去的24小时里,我就是那么做的
And the conclusion that I have come to is this:
而我的决定如下
If the goal is a safer more prosperous America
如果目标是共建一个更安全,兴盛的美国
I don't need to run for us to achieve that.
并不非得我参选才能实现
All I need to do and what I encourage all of my supporters to do
我需要做的,我也鼓励我的支持者做的
is to help elect Heather Dunbar to the White House.
就是支持希瑟·邓巴成为美国总统
Judas bitch. While I may be ending my camp
叛徒婊子,虽然我的竞选结束了,
I'm just pissed off. I'm sorry if I offended.
我只是生气,如果冒犯你了我很抱歉
Yeah I wonder what she offered her.
不知道她给她了什么好处
Nothing.
什么都没有
Yeah right.
得了
I know for a fact.
我确定
You knew about this?
你早就知道她会这么做
You should call the President.
你应该给总统打电话
"A very hairy terribly scary tarantula named Tina.
"一只浑身是毛,超级可怕的狼蛛,名叫蒂娜,
I found her in a shoebox in New York City.
我是在纽约一个鞋盒里发现她的
When I first saw Tina I shrieked..."
我刚发现蒂娜时吓得直叫"
Were you scared?
你害怕吗
Oh I was terribly scared.
我吓死了
"Tina had poked her head up out of the left shoe..."
"蒂娜从左脚的鞋里伸出头来"
I didn't know you were coming. She doesn't either.
我不知道你要来,她也不知道,
"So there I was not knowing what to believe.
"所以我呆在那儿,不知道该怎么办,
Should I leave Tina in the shoebox or set Tina free?"
我应该让蒂娜留在鞋盒里还是放她出来"
Leave her in the box! Set her free!
把她留在鞋盒里,放她出来,
Set her free! Leave her in the box!
放她出来,把她留在鞋盒里,
Oh my Goodness! I don't know what to do!
我的天,我不知道该怎么办
Nothing! Do nothing!
什么都不做,不要管她
What should I do? Sir Mr. Grayson needs to speak with you.
我该怎么办,先生,格雷森先生找你,
Tell him I'll call him back. He says it's important.
告诉他我会打给他,他说这事很重要,
Later. I'm with my wife.
之后再说,我在陪我夫人
I don't know what to do!
我不知道该怎么办
You shouldn't do anything.
你什么都不该做
Let her out! Don't do anything?
放她出来,什么都不做吗,