And where are you from, Mr. Brown?
你是哪里人,布朗先生
Sheldon, sir. I'm a retired police officer.
谢尔登,先生,我是退休警员
Well, then I can only imagine that Sheldon must be
那谢尔登一定是全州
one of the safest places in this state.
最安全的地方了
We do our best.
我们尽力而为吧
But my son, he's a marine, stationed at Camp Dwyer.
但我儿子,他是海军陆战队,派驻在德怀尔营
He keeps our country safer than I do.
他比我更能保护我们国家
Me and my wife were wondering,
我和我妻子想问
if he got sent over to the Jordan Valley,
如果他被派去约旦河谷
will that really keep us safer?
这真能保护我们的安全吗
Because it sure seems like the whole peacekeeping mission
因为看起来,整个维和行动
is only making things more dangerous.
只让局势更加危险了
Thank you for that. May I?
谢谢提问,可以给我吗
Well, first of all, let me say
首先,容我说
how grateful I am for your son's service.
我十分感激你儿子的奉献
I know we all feel exactly the same way.
我知道大家都很感激
And now, uh, let me try to answer your question.
现在,我回答你的问题
Have we run into some difficulties with the Russians?
俄方是否与我们产生了矛盾
Yes, we have.
是的
Is there tension between the Israelis and the Palestinians?
以色列和巴勒斯坦直接是否情势紧张
Absolutely.
没错
But, that is the very reason that this mission is so important.
但这正是此次行动如此重要的原因
We have gathered together a coalition of seven nations
我们集结了一支七国联合军队
to bring stability to a region
稳定一个数十载
that has suffered from unrest for decades.
动荡不安的地区
It will take time.
这自然需要时间
And there may be lives that will be lost.
可能会有人牺牲
But this is not just important for the Middle East's security,
但这不仅仅事关中东安定
it's important for the security
也关系到美国
of the United States and the rest of the world.
和整个世界的安全
And I hope that I've answered your question.
希望你的问题得到了解答
Now, who was next?
下面谁来
Uh, let's see here.
我看看
Well, how about this young woman right here?
这位年轻的小姐吧
Now, I'll give you my microphone,
我把麦克风给你
but only if you promise to give it back.
但你得答应还还给我
He seemed to want to hang onto it for a while.
他似乎不怎么想给我呢
There you are. Um, my name is Annie Wietz,
给, 我叫安妮·怀茨
and I'm also worried about what the officer was just saying.
我也担心那位警官所说的事
I want a safe world for my grandkids
我希望我孙辈能生活在安全的世界里
Give me back the mic and I'll answer your question.
把麦克风给我,我回答你
I haven't asked my question yet.
我还没提问呢
Apologies. I'm ahead of myself. Go ahead.
抱歉,我着急了,请
The covert operation, the one that caused the Israelis to invade.
那项秘密行动,导致以色列入境的
Was that us? Because that really seemed
是我们吗,因为看起来
to make a mess of everything.
这事把情况搞得一团糟
May I? Please.
可以给我吗, 请
Thank you. Now, Annie?
谢谢,安妮
Is that your name, yeah? Yes, sir.
是安妮吧, 是,先生
Now, I have said this on this matter before,
这事我已经说过了
and I know it may be frustrating, but it is the truth.
我知道大家或许有不满,但事实如此
When it comes to covert operations by any nation,
对任何国家的秘密行动
or matters of intelligence, for security purposes,
或情报问题,出于安全考虑
including the security of our own soldiers,
也包括我们本国战士的安全
I simply cannot comment on these issues.
我实在不能发表评论
But, sir, I'm sorry,
但是,先生,抱歉
but what is the point of having us ask questions
如果你不肯回答
if you won't answer them? Well, she's got me there. Uh...
我们还何必提问, 被她说找了
I can answer any question but that one.
除了这个问题我都能问
In fact, I hope that we can ask some questions
事实上,希望大家能问问
about how we're gonna focus on things right here at home.
我们如何解决国内的一些问题
How about someone up there in the cheap seats?
楼上二等座的人来问吧
Anyone have a question there?
有人想问吗
The situation in Jordan Valley,
约旦河谷的局势
it threatens to bleed across the border.
可能会引起境外流血冲突
We already have refugees requesting to enter Jordan.
已经有难民请求进入约旦了
Forgive me, Prince Ryad.
抱歉,里亚德王子
You may be dealing with a few hundred refugees,
你们虽然要应付几百个难民
but we are facing mortar attacks.
但我们可是要面对迫击炮袭击
Fourteen in the last two weeks.
这两周就发生了14起
None of your people have died yet.
你们还没死人呢
The last one came within 50 meters of a school.
最后的一次,离一所学校只有50米
Your troops have killed over a dozen Palestinians in house raids.
你们军队袭击民宅,杀死十数名巴勒斯坦人
You expect us not to fight back?
你还指望我们不还击吗
We need the violence to stop.
暴力冲突必须停止
If it continues, the peacekeeping mission will fall apart.
如果继续下去,维和任务会分崩离析
And it's our best hope for longterm stability.
而维和任务是长久稳定的最佳机会
Can you speak to Hamas and Hezbollah?
你能跟哈马斯和真主党沟通吗
Get them to agree to a ceasefire?
让他们同意停火
Israel has twice as many troops in the region
以色列自维和任务开始后
as before the peacekeeping mission began.
在当地的驻军几乎翻了一番
No, it is we who are defending ourselves.
不,我们才是在自卫
You agreed to remove two thousand troops.
你答应撤离两千士兵了
If there's a cessation of mortar attacks,
如果迫击炮袭击停止
and if the Russians leave.
如果俄军离开
A onethird troop reduction.
派军削减三分之一
That should be enough to convince your people, no?
这足以说服你们的人了吧
Once the troops leave, I engage them, but not before.
等以军离开,我再去找他们,之前不行
Show some goodwill. You'll still have 4,000 troops there.
显示点诚意吧,就算到时你还有四千士兵呢
Because we cannot accomplish anything
因为这样下去将毫无结果
unless we have proof of deescalation on both sides.
除非能证明双方都愿缓和局势
What about Russia?
那俄国呢
That's a separate issue. We will tackle that another time.
这是另外的问题了,我们改日再解决
Can you convey to Jerusalem
你能向耶路撒冷转达
the importance of this troop reduction?
此次部分撤军的重要性吗
Yes, but no promises.
可以,但结果无法保证
All right. Thank you, everyone.
好吧,谢谢各位
We'll meet again tomorrow morning.
我们明早再会面
Thank you, madam.
谢谢,夫人
Eliana.
伊莉安娜
We need to discuss the nofly zone.
我们得讨论禁飞区的问题
It's only for the Russians, not the peacekeepers.
那是给俄国人定的,不是维和军
They can't stay if they have nothing to eat.
他们如果断了粮,就待不下去
What are you going to do, shoot down a supply plane?
你打算怎么做,把供给货机打下来吗
We hope they won't make us face that choice.
希望他们不会逼我们做这个选择
They'll ignore it.
他们会无视的
And you're just going to antagonize Moscow.
你这样只会激怒莫斯科
I'm sorry, but the nofly zone is above my pay grade.
抱歉,但禁飞区的事是上方定下的
Perhaps your husband can talk to the prime minister.
或许你丈夫可以去跟总理谈谈
When are we looking at?
什么时候开始
Could be tomorrow, could be a week.
或许是明天,或许一周后
I'm not a part of those conversations anymore.
那些事已经轮不到我插嘴了
We could vet the questions.
我们可以审查问题
That doesn't work in Iowa. It'll piss people off.
那在爱荷华州行不通,只会激起民愤
Even if we did, it wouldn't make a difference.
即便如此也无济于事
The country is preoccupied with the Jordan Valley.
整个国家的心思都在约旦河谷上
We're off message.
话题完全跑偏了
In the meantime,
现在
we can put the town halls on hold. Just do the stump.
我们可以暂停市政厅集会,只做巡回宣传
I think we should also postpone the debate.
我觉得辩论也最好延迟
Dunbar'll hit you hard for that. Say you're dodging.
邓巴会为此狠狠攻击你,说你在回避
Have Jackie request the postponement.
那让杰姬提出推迟
What's her reason? I don't care.
什么理由, 我不管
Just as long as it isn't coming from us.
只要不是我们提出来就行
Talk to her. Thank you, gentlemen.
跟她谈谈,谢谢了,各位
What's next?
接下来什么事
Uh, you're slated for fundraising calls until 4:15,
为竞选筹款打电话,直到4点15
then a DOD briefing.
然后是国防部的简报
Also, your friend from The Sentinel called, Tim Corbet.
另外,你桑蒂诺的朋友,蒂姆·科贝特打来了
Thank you.
谢谢
You know, I can fold my own clothes.
我自己会叠衣服
Took me two seconds.
不费事
You remember when we shared a room my senior year?
记得我大四那年我们睡一间房吗
And if I left, like, one sock on the floor, you'd freak?
我要是把一只袜子丢在地板上,你就会抓狂
Yeah, I started doing that on purpose, just to see you flip out.
我后来开始有意那么做,好看你发火
Yeah. I remember.
嗯,我记得
Come on, leave it. Be a rebel.
到了,别管了,随意点
Hey, sweetie.
亲爱的
Well, tell her if it wiggles, it means it's gonna fall out.
告诉她如果动了,就是要掉了
Okay. Let me talk to her.
好,让她听
Uh, now, listen to me. You
听我说
I know your mom doesn't want you playing with it,
我知道你妈妈不让你动
so you have to do what she says.
你得听她话
Well, because the tooth fairy doesn't want fingerprints all over it.
因为牙仙不喜欢上面沾满指纹
Okay, I'll do it, but you have to promise me
好,我答应,但你保证
that you and your brother will stop playing with your tooth.
你和你弟弟都不会再摆弄牙了
Okay, you ready?
好,准备好了吗
Are you super ready?
真的准备好了吗
Boogala, boogala, boogala, boogala, boogala.
咪咪喵,咪咪喵,咪咪喵
Okay. Put your mom back on.
好了,让妈妈听
How much of a postponement?
推迟多久
Until we get this crisis resolved.
直到我们解决危机
Dunbar will see right through that.
邓巴一眼就看穿了
Not if it's coming from you.
除非是你说
Say you want to focus on meeting people face to face,
就说你现在想当面接触民众
not a televised debate.
而不是电视辩论
We'll back you up.
我们会支持你
All right, I'll talk to my staff.
好,我跟我手下谈谈
We'll draft some language and I'll run it past you.
我们起草一下言辞,再给你看一下
Jackie?
杰姬
I want to talk to you about what happened a couple weeks ago.
我想跟你谈谈两周前的那件事
I crossed a line. Remy, you don't have to.
我越界了, 雷米,你不用解释
I want to. I want to explain myself.
我想解释一下
I still have strong feelings, I'm not gonna deny that.
我对你还有感觉,这我不否认
Maybe a different job... A different time, different place.
如果情况不同,或者我不做这个
But, uh...
可是...
Look...
听我说
I've loved people before, and I've learned to let 'em go.
我以前也放下过曾经爱过的人
I'm not gonna put you in that position again.
我再不会让你为难了
It's been hard for me, too.
我也不容易
You've got work.
你还有工作
I'm glad you said something.
我很高兴你说出来了
Hello?
喂
Tim, it's Frank.
蒂姆,是弗兰克
I'm sorry it took me all day to get back to you.
抱歉这么晚才回你电话
Ah, no worries. Your plate must be pretty full.
没事,你现在一定忙死了
Well, more than I'd like at the moment.
我的确希望现在没这么多事
Is this a bad time?
打扰你了吗
I think I can spare a few minutes
我还是能腾出点时间
for the President of the United States.
跟美国总统通话的
Are you good? Yeah.
你好吗, 挺好
Good. Uh, last kid got off to college,
最后一个孩子也去大学了
so Beth and I are on our own.
家里就剩贝丝和我了
Finally. Yeah, the business is strong.
总算,生意不错
I'm actually, uh, I'm thinking of expanding to Glenwood Canyon.
我还打算扩张到格伦伍德峡谷呢
That's great.
那好啊
Listen, I called because that,
听我说,我打来
that writer reached out to me.
那个作者来找我了
You know, the one doing your book.
给你写书的那个
Said, uh, he wanted to talk about The Sentinel.
说要跟我谈谈桑蒂诺的事
What'd you say?
你怎么说的
I said I was in a rush and I'd call him back later.
我说我有点急事,回头打给他
I didn't want to say more without talking to you first.
没跟你商量过,我不想多说什么
Well, he should've checked with me beforehand.
他应该先问我的
I don't want him harassing my friends.
我可不希望他去骚扰我的朋友
He wasn't harassing me at all. He's a nice guy, actually.
他倒是没有骚扰我,他人不错
I mean, I'm happy to talk with him if it'll help your book.
如果对你的书有用,我乐意跟他谈
Well, the book isn't really about The Sentinel,
这书不是讲桑蒂诺的
so I don't know why he'd bother,
真不知他是何必
but I'll talk to him and I'll let you know.
但我会跟他谈谈,回头给你回复
Whatever you need, Mr. President.
随你,总统先生
Stop that.
你够了
Hey, listen, uh, we run a halfprice special for CommandersinChief.
听我说,我们给三军统帅打对折
So, uh... if you're ever in Colorado
你什么时候来科罗拉多州
with some time on your hands...
又有时间
Well, I hope the same goes for expresidents, too.
希望前总统也有这待遇
Nope. Only sittin' ones. So you better win that damn election.
不行,只针对在任总统,你最好拿下选举
I'll do my best. Nice talking to you, Tim.
那我尽力,跟你聊天真愉快,蒂姆
You too, Frank.
我也是,弗兰克
I want to set aside time for Tom Yates, in person. Tomorrow.
单独安排汤姆·耶茨明天来见我
Yes, sir.
是,先生
Yes.
嗯
Francis?
弗兰西斯
I just got off the phone with Cathy.
我刚跟凯茜打完电话
The Israelis are instituting the nofly zone.
以色列要实施禁飞区了
I'm scheduled to have a call tomorrow with the prime minister.
我安排了明天跟总理通话呢
They want to cancel the call.
他们要取消通话
Let me see if I can get him on the phone now.
我看看能不能现在接通他
They just sent out a communiqué to all embassies.
他们已向所有大使馆发布了公告
Good morning.
早上好
As you
诸位...
Excuse me. It's been a long night.
抱歉,昨晚很繁忙
Thank you.
谢谢
Israel instituted a nofly zone over the Jordan Valley,
以色列于当地时间今早6点,在约旦河谷上空
6:00 a.m. today, Israeli time.
实施了禁飞区
And while I disagree with this action,
我虽然反对此举
I understand the reason behind it,
我能理解其初衷
and we must stand with our ally.
我们必须与同盟同一阵线
Our chief goal remains deescalation in the region.
我们的主要目标仍是缓和当地局势
Ambassador Underwood and the State Department
安德伍德大使和国务院
are working with all interested parties toward that end.
在与各相关方为此目标进行努力
Our utmost priority is guaranteeing civilian safety.
我们的优先考虑是保证平民安全
And Israel has confirmed When are you off to Des Moines?
以色列已经证实... 什么时候去得梅因(爱荷华首府)
A couple of hours. I have to make some donor calls first.
两小时后,还得先给几个资助人打电话
You have surgery today?
今天有手术吗
A double bypass. Triple tomorrow.
两个搭桥手术,明天三个
But nothing scheduled for almost a week after,
但之后一周几乎没什么安排
so maybe I can come out to Iowa and we can
所以或许我可以去爱荷华州,我们...
Russian aircrafts that ignore this... What's going on?
俄国飞机如无视... 怎么了
...could potentially be subject to military action...
可能遭受军事打击
This Jordan Valley thing's a mess.
约旦河谷真是一团糟
He's in big trouble.
他有大麻烦了
...any such actions...
此类举动
And then there's the whole AmWorks thing.
还有美就法那档子事
All the baggage from last year.
去年留下的包袱
You having doubts? I don't know.
你后悔了吗, 不知道
Maybe.
或许吧
That sounds serious.
这好像挺严肃啊
If there was an ideal time to walk away, now is it.
如果说有抛弃他的理想时机,就是现在了
And then what?
然后呢
Focus on Congress.
专心于国会
Yeah, but you want more than that.
但你的野心不止如此啊
I could spend more time with you and the kids.
我可以多陪陪你和孩子
Well, I don't want a wife who's miserable
我不希望妻子
because she turned her back on the White House.
因为背弃了白宫而怨念不已
Look...
听我说
The thing about surgery is, once you're in, you're in.
手术一旦开始,就不能停下
There's a beating heart in front of you. Someone's life.
你面前是一颗跳动的心脏,别人的生命
There's no room for doubt.
不能有迟疑
So, whatever goes wrong...
不论出了什么问题
say hemorrhage or a blood clot, you deal with it.
比如大出血,或者血块,也只能去应付
You don't get to walk away.
你不能放弃
But that's life or death. This isn't.
但那是生死大事,这不是
It is for you.
对你来说是的
...to maintain international peace and security.
维持国际和平和稳定
The United States is committed to defusing this situation.
美国决心解决当前事态
We are here for Israel, we are here for Palestine,
我们会支持以色列,支持巴勒斯坦
we are here for Russia.
也支持俄罗斯
And we are here for
我们会...
Ready to go to your meeting? Yeah.
可以去参加会面了吗, 嗯
Come on.
走吧
I was thinking...
我在想
you know how a while back,
你前一阵
you mentioned the kids coming out from Ohio?
说要带孩子离开俄亥俄州
You want them to visit?
你希望他们来吗
Well, maybe you don't want them to see me like this?
或许你不希望他们看到我这样
Doing my 60 days? You've been doing great.
复健,戒酒, 你表现一直很棒
I'd be thrilled for them to come out here and meet their uncle,
我当然乐意让他们来看叔叔
if that's something you want to do.
如果你真想的话
I could hit the couch for a few nights.
我可以在沙发上睡几晚
You guys can have the bedroom.
你们睡卧房
I'll call Sarah.
我打给萨拉
I say to Israel, keep your airspace.
我要对以色列说,留着你们的领空吧
Keep your nofly zone.
留着你们的禁飞区吧
I will be flying through it, nevertheless.
我还是会飞过去
Shoot me down, if you wish,
你要是想,就把我打下来
because nothing can stop me
因为什么都别想阻止我
from standing side by side with my countrymen.
去跟我的同胞站在一起
I will embrace the men who serve this country,
我要去拥抱为国奉献的士兵
because I am Russian,
因为我是俄国人
and Russians... do not abandon their own.
俄国人,不抛弃自己人
Russian TV.
俄国电视台
Fortyfive minutes ago. It could be hot air.
45分钟前,可能是大话
Petrov wants the world to see this.
佩特罗夫想让全世界都看到
He wouldn't put it out there unless he meant it.
他如果不是真心,就不会公开放话
Israel says they're prepared to enforce the nofly zone.
以色列说他们打算执行禁飞区令
They'll never shoot down a head of state.
他们不会把一国元首打下来的
Yeah, which means they'll lose face and compensate
那他们就会丢面子,进而增加派军
by increasing their ground presence.
来挽回这个面子
I got Jerusalem to agree to a pullout.
我让耶路撒冷同意部分撤军了
Two thousand troops. Not if Petrov flies there.
两千士兵, 如果佩特罗夫飞过去就没戏了
If we downplay Petrov's move as political theatrics,
如果我们把佩特罗夫的行为说成政治作秀
I might be able to convince the Israelis to follow through.
我或许还能说服以色列人按原计划走
No, we need to respond to Russia directly,
不行,我们得直接回应俄罗斯
not waste our time with Israel.
而不是跟以色列浪费时间
Israel is our ally. We're far more likely
以色列是我们的同盟,跟他们谈
to have a productive dialogue with them than with Russia.
比跟俄罗斯谈更可能产生结果
Yes. What's our main objective here?
对,但我们的主要目标是什么
To get Russian troops out of the Jordan Valley.
让俄军撤离约旦河谷
Let's stop poking around from the sides.
我们别再拐弯抹角了
We need to tackle this head on.
我们得正面面对问题
Open up a line of communication with Moscow.
跟莫斯科取得联系
Tell them I'm coming to the Jordan Valley myself.
告诉他们我要亲自去约旦河谷
Sir, I
先生
I'm gonna meet with Petrov face to face, on the ground.
我要在当地跟佩特罗夫面谈
Mr. President, the risk factors of I'm well aware.
总统先生,这么做的风险, 我知道
I want to be notified the moment that Petrov is on his way.
佩特罗夫一动身就通知我
You work with the CIA and DOD
你跟中情局和国防部合作
to figure out any logistics and security you have to.
解决一切必要后勤和安全问题
Talk to Seth. Let's start drafting our message.
找赛斯,开始起草措辞
Cathy, I want to sit down with you and Defense,
凯茜,我要跟你和国防部谈谈
and work out bargaining chips.
看我们有什么筹码
Thank you all very much.
谢谢各位
I meant now.
马上来
I'm not to be disturbed. You have a meeting with Mr. Yates.
不得打扰我, 你安排了跟耶茨先生的见面
Have him wait and tell him it might be a while.
让他等,告诉他我得好一会儿
Yes, sir.
是,先生
You're on with Ambassador Moryakov.
莫里科夫大使为您接通了
Alexi? You're wasting your time, Claire.
亚历克西, 你在浪费时间,克莱尔
We can't let Petrov go.
我们不能让佩特罗夫去
I'm powerless.
我无能为力
Then tell me who we can speak to who can influence him.
那告诉我能找谁去说动他
His mind is made up. No one would dare challenge him on this.
他心意已决,没人敢为此跟他唱反调
All right, then I'll come to New York. Let's meet with Caspi.
好吧,那我去纽约,我们见见卡斯皮
We'll ease Jerusalem's fears together.
我们一起安抚耶路撒冷的担心
I can't. I'm on my way to Washington.
不行,我正要去华盛顿
What for? The embassy sent for me.
为什么, 大使馆召我去
I'm being recalled.
我被召回了
Is it because...? I don't know.
是因为... 我不知道
Alexi, if you need anything
亚历克西,如果你需要什么
The ambassador has ended the call, Mrs. Underwood.
大使已经挂断,安德伍德夫人
Mrs. Underwood. Hello.
安德伍德夫人, 你好
Edward? Wait here a moment.
艾德华, 稍等
Yes, ma'am?
是,夫人
What's he doing here?
他来干什么
The president wanted to meet with him.
总统要见他
He asked me to have him wait upstairs.
他叫我安排他去楼上等着
Thank you. Yes, ma'am.
谢谢, 夫人
If he wants the same terms as we had before,
如果他的要求还跟此前一样
I'll smooth it over with our NATO allies.
我会努力说服我们北约的盟国
It's tough to lose Poland, but I think that we can compensate
失去波兰的确不好,但我觉得芬兰海
with antimissile subs on patrol here in the Finnish Sea.
这里巡逻的反导弹潜艇可以起补偿作用
Thank you. Francis? Do you have a moment?
谢谢, 弗兰西斯,有空吗
I'll be right back.
我就回来
Give us a minute.
让我们单独谈谈
I think this is a mistake. You're chasing him.
我觉得这是个错误,你这是追他
Let me work with Israel. You've been working with Israel.
让我去做以色列的工作, 你一直在做
Now there's a nofly zone. One step forward, two steps back.
结果现在闹出个禁飞区,前进一步,退后两步
Diplomacy takes time.
外交需要时间
Iowa is in two months.
爱荷华两个月后就投票了
You can't let the campaign drive our foreign policy.
你不能让竞选决定外交政策
If I don't win in Iowa, there is no foreign policy.
如果我拿不下爱荷华,就没什么外交政策可言了
Excuse us, Mr. President.
抱歉,总统先生
Let's not talk out here.
我们别在这儿说了
If you go to the Jordan Valley,
如果你去了约旦河谷
you have to walk away with a solution.
就必须谈出个结果来
And he knows that, which means he gets all the leverage.
他也知道,这样筹码就都在他手里了
Well, it's not as if we have much leverage at the moment.
我们现在也没什么筹码啊
He's going to want the peacekeeping mission out.
他会希望中止维和任务
That's right. And the missile defense system, too.
没错,还有拆除导弹防御系统
And I'm prepared to give him both if necessary.
如果有必要,我两样都会满足他
What are you talking about?
你说什么呢
Don't toss the mission aside, Francis.
别放弃维和任务,弗兰西斯
Claire, you're too invested in this.
克莱尔,这事你太动感情
The mission is dead.
维和任务已经完了
It was dead the moment those troops got blown up.
那些士兵炸死的时候就完了
Your plan failed. I'm sorry.
你的计划失败了,很抱歉
It's my fault. I approved it.
是我的错,是我批准了
But now, I have to fix it.
但现在,我得去挽救
Why won't you place faith in a diplomatic solution?
你为什么不肯相信外交手段
This is diplomacy.
这就是外交
Sometimes it comes down to two men in a room.
有时候就得靠两个人,在一个房间里
I have no faith in the UN anymore.
我现在对联合国已经不抱希望了
I do have faith in my ability to negotiate with this man.
但我相信我可以跟此人谈妥
Francis, I know you value my opinion.
弗兰西斯,我知道你看重我的想法
Absolutely, above all others.
当然,超过一切
We have both put a great deal
我们对如果处理俄罗斯
of effort and thought into how to handle Russia.
都耗尽心思和努力
I'd like for this to be a decision we make together,
我希望这次我们能共同做决定
instead of an impulsive response
而不是冲动地回应...
Not right now. Petrov's in the air.
待会儿的, 佩特罗夫起飞了
Get Admiral Dale on the line.
接戴尔海军上将
Claire, I value your opinion.
克莱尔,我看重你的想法
I just don't agree with it this time.
但我这次不认同你
Mr. Yates.
耶茨先生
The president's gonna have to reschedule.
总统只能重新安排了
Thomas.
托马斯
You give us a few moments, Edward?
能让我们谈谈吗,艾德华
Yes, ma'am. I'll be by the stairs.
是,夫人,我就在楼下
How's the book coming?
书写得如何了
I've hit a bit of a roadblock.
我有点遇到障碍了
There's a big piece missing.
缺失了很大一块
What is it? You.
是什么, 你
He hasn't... mentioned me at all?
他完全没提我吗
Plenty of times, but... it's not enough.
提过很多,但不够
What has he said?
他怎么说的
You're putting me in an awkward position, Mrs. Underwood.
你这让我很难做啊,安德伍德夫人
You don't want to betray his trust.
你不想背叛他的信任
He and I have an agreement.
他和我有约
I understand. I shouldn't pry. I'll leave you be, then.
我理解,我不该打听,我不打扰你了
He said he loves you more than anything.
他说他爱你超过一切
That there wouldn't be a White House without you.
说没有你就不能入主白宫
He showed me your first house... in Gaffney.
他带我去了加夫尼,你们第一个家
Where you planted the tulips.
你种郁金香的地方
And he said he was ashamed.
他说他很羞耻
Of what?
为什么
That you married him. Because you deserve better.
你嫁给了他,因为你配得上更好的
You should really be in this book, Mrs. Underwood.
你真的应该在这本书里,安德伍德夫人
I've got a lot of stories from his perspective.
我有很多从他视角出发的故事
Not a single one from yours.
但没有一个是你的视角
Well, he's the one running for president, not me.
是他要竞选总统啊,不是我
Yeah.
嗯
I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong.
我也说不好,或许我是错了
I think people need to hear your voice to hear his.
我觉得人们要听听你的声音才能听到他的
Can we set up a time to meet?
我们可以安排一次见面吗
I'll think about it. Thank you, Thomas.
我想想吧,想想你,托马斯
Okay.
好吧
Seth, this is good, but downplay expectations even more.
赛斯,这不错,但再把期望降低一些
There's no telling what we'll walk away with.
结果还很难说呢
Yes, sir. We shouldn't inform the press
是,先生, 出于安全考虑
until after you land, for security purposes.
我们应该等到你着陆再通知媒体
Donald...
唐纳德
If anything should happen to me I'm prepared.
如果我出了事, 我准备好了
But nothing will. God help us.
但不会有事的, 上帝保佑
Danton will walk you through the full brief.
丹顿会给你完整的情况报告
Everything's set up in the Situation Room.
战况室都准备好了
Good luck, Mr. President. Thank you. I'll be right back.
好运,总统先生, 谢谢,我就回来
Now, listen, I know you have reservations about all this.
听我说,我知道你对此有反对
You're doing what you think is best.
你在采取你认为最好的办法
Please be careful out there.
一定小心
I will.
我会的
I love you. I love you, too.
我爱你, 我也爱你
Let's go.
走吧
Hello?
有人吗
Hello! Wow! You guys really look alike!
你好,天呐,你们还真像
Okay.
好吧
We're a hugging family.
我们一家人喜欢抱抱
I see.
看出来了
Hi, you must be Francine.
你是弗朗辛吧
No, I'm not! She likes Franke better.
才不是, 她喜欢叫弗朗琪
Nice to meet you, Franke.
认识你很高兴,弗朗琪
No. Yep.
不要, 没错
I told you! Careful.
我说了吧, 小心点
It's your Uncle Doug.
这是道格叔叔
Do you want to give your Uncle Doug a hug?
要去跟道格叔叔抱抱吗
Come here, you.
过来
We'll land in Tel Aviv,
我们会在特拉维夫市着陆
then take a special forces convoy
然后由特种部队护送
from there to the perimeter of the valley.
至河谷边界
The Israelis will provide air support until we get to the valley,
到达河谷之前,以色列都会提供空中支援
then our helos will take over.
然后我们的直升机接手
Once we get to the camp,
达到营地后
the Russians insist on ground units only.
俄国人坚持我们只保留地面小队
We'll pass through a checkpoint
我们会通过一个检查点
How secure is this location?
这里有多安全
The position is not fortified to our liking.
该地点的防守我们并不满意
It's not blastproof.
不能防爆
Sir, we're going to ask that you wear your Kevlar and helmet.
长官,我们要请您穿防弹衣戴头盔
Sir?
先生
Mary.
玛丽
Why were no press allowed to go?
为什么没有让记者随行
Given the security situation,
鉴于安全局势
we didn't want to put any press in harm's way,
我们不想让记者涉险
or risk any hostile elements knowing in advance.
或冒险让敌方提前得知消息
So the president has already landed?
那么总统已经着陆了吗
About 90 minutes ago.
大概90分钟前
Mark.
马克
What exactly does the president hope to achieve?
总统究竟希望达成什么目的
Ideally, we'd like the Russians to vacate the region.
理想情况是俄方离开该区域
We can't promise that they will.
但这无法保证
But the president hopes
但总统希望
that we can make progress toward a withdrawal.
我们就撤兵取得进展
Kate.
凯特
This could be seen as an election stunt.
这可被视为选举作秀
He's trailing Dunbar in the polls, so he wants to save the day.
他在民调中落后邓巴,所以想挽救大局
I guarantee you this is no stunt.
我保证,这绝非作秀
The president is taking extraordinary measures to end this crisis.
总统为解决这一危机采取了非常手段
Mr. President.
总统先生
You can take your vest off now, Mr. President.
你现在可以脱下防弹衣了,总统先生
We're safe here. You trust these walls?
这里很安全, 你相信这些墙吗
If you're frightened, you shouldn't have come.
你要是害怕,就不该来
When I was in the KGB, I spent six months in Afghanistan.
我在克格勃的时候,我在阿富汗待了六个月
This place is a palace
这地方比起
compared to the hole in the ground I lived in.
我当时待的地洞简直是宫殿
Here. You should stay hydrated.
来,你得保持水分
I brought a shipment of water in on my plane. Thank you.
我用飞机拉来了一箱水, 谢谢
So much for the Israelis stopping our resupply.
以色列还说要断我们的补给呢
I wish we were in the fertile part of the valley, though.
真希望我们能处在河谷更肥沃的地带
I hear it's quite green and beautiful.
听说有些地方绿意盎然,十分美丽
Well, this is better for pictures.
这里更合适拍照嘛
How do you mean?
什么意思
Well, if you flew into a paradise,
如果你飞去个天堂般的地方
wouldn't be as effective, now, would it?
那就没什么效果了,是吧
You do have a flair for the theatrical.
你这人的确有表演天赋
I can say the same about you,
我也可以这么说你
showing up on my doorstep like this.
这样跑到我家门口
This isn't your doorstep.
这不是你家门口
You're squatting where you shouldn't be.
你跑到你不该来的地方了
I don't think my men will see it like that.
我觉得我的手下可不会这么看
Do your men know that
你的手下可知道
you're responsible for killing their comrades?
是你杀了他们的同志
Accusations.
指责
That's how you plan to convince me?
你就打算拿这个说服我吗
What do you require to pull out of the valley?
你要什么才肯撤军
That your troops leave as well,
你方军队也离开
and the entire peacekeeping operation.
结束整个维和行动
Well, as soon as your troops withdraw,
只要俄军一撤离
I'll make sure the UN forces do exactly the same.
我一定让联合国军队也撤走
And you scale back missile defense.
你还得削减导弹防御
As we agreed to twice already.
就像我们之前曾两次说好的那样
That's when we were making an entirely different deal.
当时我们的谈判可完全不同
The main difference now
现在最大的区别是
is that we're both standing in the desert,
如今我们都在沙漠里
and you can't leave with nothing to show but sand in your shoes.
而你不能只带着一鞋底的沙子出去
I'll agree to the scaleback. Same terms as before.
我同意削减防御,跟之前的条件一样
How soon can you mobilize a withdrawal?
你多快能开始撤军
Well, the moment UN forces begin to pull out, we will do the same.
联合国军队一撤,我们也会撤的
I've had the Pentagon
我已让五角大楼
come up with an exit plan that we can put into effect
制定一个最早明天就能执行的
as early as tomorrow. As for the rest of the UN forces,
撤退计划,至于其他联合国军队
I can reach out to the Secretary General immediately.
我可以马上联系联合国秘书长
You or... your wife?
你,还是你妻子
Well, yes, she would probably make the call on my behalf.
当然,她大概会代表我去打电话
I don't think she should.
我觉得还是不要了
You think I should make the call?
你想让我打电话吗
More than that.
不止如此
I think she should be gone.
我觉得她该走人
Gone in what way? Gone from these negotiations?
什么意思,不再参加谈判吗
As ambassador.
不再做大使
My final condition.
这是我最后的条件
That cannot be on the table.
这不能拿来商量
It is. And it's nonnegotiable.
能,而且没得商量
Ms. Dempsey. I'm a friend of Lisa's.
邓普西女士,我是丽萨的朋友
Uh, Max? That's right.
麦克斯, 对
Yes, she told me to tell you she's running a few minutes behind.
她叫我告诉你,她要晚一会儿
Okay, I'll just wait outside. Thank you.
好,那我在外面等,谢谢
No, it's... chilly.
不,外面太冷
You can come on up to her room.
进来去她房间吧
Okay.
好
I just want you to know... I'm so sorry.
我只想说,我很遗憾
Lisa told us and our prayers are with you.
丽萨告诉我们了,我们都为你祈祷
Thank you so much.
太感谢了
She said you and your husband were like parents to her. I see why.
她说您和丈夫就像她父母,的确不难看出
Come on in.
请进
Max, hey.
麦克斯
Sorry I'm late.
抱歉我迟了
Here, I want you to take that back.
给,拿回去吧
No, no, no, that money's yours.
不不,这钱是给你的
No, I can't. I can't take it.
不,我不能接受
Everyone at the fellowship pitched in.
团契的人一起凑的
Just give it back to 'em. I can't.
还给他们吧, 我不能
You said that you needed the money for the medicine.
你说你需要钱买药的
Yeah, sit down.
坐下吧
Sorry, please.
抱歉,请坐
Okay.
好吧
What I'm about to tell you is gonna sound fucked up,
我要跟你说的事,听上去会很糟糕
but just hear me out before you say anything, all right?
但你说什么之前,先听我说完,好吗
Okay.
好
I'm leaving.
我要走了
And I'm not coming back.
再也不回来了
And... I have to leave because I'm in danger.
我要走,是因为我有危险
My name isn't Max.
我不叫麦克斯
I don't have AIDS.
我也没有艾滋
Wait. Hold on. Let me finish, please.
等等, 听我说完,拜托了
I want to explain everything to you, but I can't.
我想向你解释一切,但我不能
The less you know, the better.
你知道得越少越好
But listen to me.
但听我说
If the FBI comes here, you can't say anything.
如果联调局找来,你什么都不能说
You have to tell them you don't know me.
你得告诉他们你不认识我
The FBI? Yes, and if they do,
联调局, 对,如果他们找来
I want you to contact this man. His name is Doug Stamper.
你去联系这个人,他叫道格·斯坦普
And he can help you. Max. This is crazy.
他能帮你, 麦克斯,这太疯狂了
It's not my name.
那不是我的名字
I made it up. I made up everything.
是我编的,我编造了一切
The name, the girlfriend, the clinic.
名字,女友,诊所
No, I was there with you.
不,我也去了
I faked it. I had to.
我装的,我没办法
If you're not Max... then who are you?
如果你不是麦克斯,你是谁
Take this. He will help you.
拿着,他会帮你
He can protect you.
他能保护你
Please. I know it's not fair.
求你,我知道这不公平
Please leave. Let me leave this with you.
你走吧, 你得收下这个
I don't want to have anything to do with it.
我跟这毫无关系
Please, just take it with you.
你拿走吧
Please leave.
你走吧
You're a good person, Lisa.
你是个好人,丽萨
I'm just not.
但我不是
And I'm sorry.
很抱歉
What can I offer you instead of her?
除了她,我还能给你什么
Nothing.
没了
What about a humanitarian relief fund,
人道主义救济金呢
for your allies in Africa?
给你在非洲的盟友
You can distribute it any way you see fit.
你可以随意使用
A few billion dollars? I'm not that easily bought.
几十亿美元吗,我没那么好收买
All right, let's say that we reexamine our base in Izmir.
那我们重新考虑伊兹密尔的基地呢
Congress would never let you.
国会不会允许的
And realistically,
而且现实点说
you're willing to barter major strategic airfields
你愿意拿重要战略性空港
on account of your wife?
交换你妻子吗
You can't make this about her.
你不能把这事扯到她身上
She was never equipped to be an ambassador.
她本来就没资格做大使
You know that.
你很清楚
I understand.
我理解
How could you say no to your own wife?
你怎么能拒绝自己的妻子呢
But she's blinding you.
但她让你蒙蔽了双眼
I'm doing you a favor. You are being petty.
我是在帮你忙, 你这是小心眼
The SEAL team you sent.
你派去的海豹突击队
Look how easily we manipulated her.
看我们多容易就耍了她
Moryakov didn't have to work too hard.
莫里科夫都没怎么下功夫
Did we blow up our own men?
我们是不是炸死了自家战士
Maybe we did.
或许吧
Maybe we didn't.
或许没有
But we made her believe that we did.
但我们让她以为我们做了
And she convinced you.
而她说服了你
Now, wouldn't you call that blindness?
这不叫被蒙蔽吗
You want to kill me now. I can see it.
你现在想杀了我,我看得出
I read an amusing article about, um...
我读过一篇有趣的文章
a Civil War reenactor,
一个内战情景重现演员
who said that your greatgreatgrandfather
他说你的曾曾祖父
killed a Yankee soldier with his bare hands.
赤手杀了一名北方兵
When I was in Afghanistan, we were ambushed by the Mujahideen.
我在阿富汗时,我们被圣战组织偷袭了
And the man who shot me here and here,
那个打中我这里和这里的人
he stabbed me when his rifle jammed.
他的枪卡住后,还刺了我一刀
I pulled the knife away and slit his throat.
我把刀拔了出来,割了他的喉
Yes, I know, you've told that story dozens of times to the press.
知道,这故事你跟媒体说过十多次了
The part I don't tell is
但我没说的是
that after I slit his throat, I kept going.
我割了他喉咙之后,我并没停下
We strapped his head to a donkey
我们把他的头绑在一匹驴上
so it would carry it back to his village.
让驴把他的头带回他的村子
I've killed a man with my bare hands.
我赤手空拳杀过人
It wasn't makebelieve.
那不是故事
Do you think you're capable?
你觉得你能做到吗
I think you are.
我觉得你能
You're ruthless.
你无情
Like me.
跟我一样
Sometimes we must be ruthless with those who hate us.
有时对恨我们的人,我们必须无情
And sometimes we must be ruthless with those we love.
有时候对我们爱的人,也要无情
I don't see why Claire means so much to you.
我不明白你为什么那么在乎克莱尔
Because she means so much to you.
因为你非常在乎她
And if you do this, I will know you're serious.
你如果答应,我就知道你是真心的
Your wife is on the line, sir.
你妻子打来了,先生
Tell her I'll call her back.
告诉她我再回电
I've told her that twice now.
我已经说两次了
Tell her again. Yes, sir.
再说, 是,先生
You don't have to do that, Sarah.
你不用洗的,萨拉
I don't mind. It doesn't take long.
没事,不费事的
No, no. Let us do it. You go relax.
没事,我们洗吧,你去放松
I'll move the monsters in a few minutes.
我待会儿就抱俩小坏蛋上床
Okay. All right.
好, 好
See you in bed.
床上见
See you tomorrow.
明天见
I wish I could sleep like that.
真希望我能睡那么香
You ever think of settling down?
你考虑过成家吗
Gettin' a couple of these for yourself?
自己也生俩孩子
Hasn't ever crossed my mind.
从没想过
Never?
从没
It's not for me. A life like that.
这不适合我,这种生活
You mean a life like mine?
我这种生活吗
That's not what I said. I know you've always felt that way.
我没那么说, 我知道你一直这么想
A mortgage, nine to five, wife, two kids, a dog.
房贷,朝九晚五,妻子,俩孩子,一条狗
No.
不是
It's just my freedom's important to me.
我就是重视自由
I'm freer than you are, pal.
我比你自由多了,伙计
I stayed in Columbus because I liked it,
我待在哥伦布是因为喜欢
not because anybody made me.
又不是有谁逼我
I chose to put down roots.
我选择了扎根
You've always been running from something.
而你一直在逃避
Hey, I don't judge you. Don't judge me.
我可没对你指手画脚,你也别来说我
Listen to your big brother for a second.
就听你哥哥说一句
No, last thing I need is a lecture right now.
不,我现在最不需要的就是教训
During your whole recovery,
你整个恢复期间
all you kept talking about was getting back to work.
一直说着要回去工作
Over a month I've been here,
我来了一个月
using all my vacation time and then some.
用我自己的假期,还请了假
If you don't want to be here, then maybe you should go home.
你如果不想来,那就回家啊
It's not about that, Doug.
不是为这个,道格
I'm here because you're family.
我来是因为你是我的亲人
Because you're more important than work.
因为你比工作更重要
If I lost my job because of you, I'd find another one.
我要是因为你丢了工作,我就另找个
What do you have?
你有什么
Frank Underwood? You don't even have that.
弗兰克·安德伍德吗,这你都没有
You got two pictures on your fridge,
你冰箱上有两张照片
and they're of my kids.
还是我的孩子
That's not freedom.
这不叫自由
Petrov wants a diplomatic change.
佩特罗夫要求外交人事变动
At the UN.
联合国的人事
Me. It was nonnegotiable.
我, 没得商量
Clearly, you didn't say no.
你显然没有拒绝
I wanted to discuss it with you first.
我想先跟你商量
I called more than once.
我打了好几次
I wanted to convince myself to refuse what he asked.
我想说服自己拒绝他
But... I couldn't do that.
但我做不到
I told you it was a mistake to go, Francis.
我就说你去是在犯错,弗兰西斯
And the resolution was a mistake. And Corrigan was a mistake.
提案也是错呢,科里根也是个错误
We could tally up all our mistakes, but we are where we are.
我们可以一个个细数错误,但情况就是这样
I need to concentrate on what's in front of me right now.
我现在得专心解决眼前问题
I am. I'm in front of you.
我,我就在你眼前
The Russians need to leave. It's as simple as that.
俄国必须撤军,就这么简单
You want me to say this is okay.
你要我说这样没事
No.
不
Francis, I would've preferred
弗兰西斯,我更希望
if you had walked in and just told me I was fired.
你直接走进来,告诉我我被解雇了
They played you, Claire.
他们耍了你,克莱尔
Moryakov was not having some crisis of conscience.
莫里科夫根本不是良心发现
It was all so that we would send our SEAL team in.
全是为了骗我们派海豹突击队去
So that we would provoke the Israelis.
好让我们激怒以色列
And I didn't see it, because I trusted you too much.
我没看出来,因为我太信任你了
I didn't look at it objectively...
我没能客观地思考
because you're my wife.
因为你是我妻子
Petrov told you that? Yes.
佩特罗夫说的, 是
And you believe him? I do.
你相信他, 是的
I'll resign.
我会辞职
I wish it didn't have to come to this.
真希望不用走到这一步
What do we say to the press?
我们怎么跟媒体说
That you want to focus on the campaign,
你想专注于竞选
that that was your plan all along.
本来就如此打算
That I want to see this crisis through, first.
但我想先看到危机解决
No one will question that.
没人会质疑的
Tell Petrov.
告诉佩特罗夫
And I will...
我会
make the announcement whenever you want me to.
在你需要的时候宣布
Claire.
克莱尔
You were right. I shouldn't have gone.
你说得对,我不该去
It was your decision to make. Not mine.
那是你该做的决定,不是我
Good night.
晚安
My decision.
我的决定
Sometimes I think the presidency...
有时候我觉得总统之位
is the illusion of choice.
是有选择的假象
What is it?
怎么了
I have to go to the White House.
我得去白宫
It's the middle of the night.
这大半夜的
He's the president.
他是总统啊
Thank you, Meechum.
谢谢,密查姆
Have a seat.
坐吧
I wake you up?
我吵醒你了
It's fine.
没事
I'm a light sleeper anyway.
反正我睡觉不实
If it wasn't you, it would've been a siren or a dump truck.
就算不是你,警笛,垃圾车也能吵醒我
I get woken up in the middle of the night all the time.
我经常大半夜被吵醒
Some crisis somewhere in the world.
世界什么地方出现危机了
Some... situation...
战况室
in the Situation Room.
出现了什么情况
Well, that's better than a dump truck.
比垃圾车好多了
You reached out to Tim Corbet.
你去找了蒂姆·科贝特
I did.
是啊
I spoke to him a few days ago.
我几天前跟他通了话
He called to let me know.
他打来通知我
So you two are still close.
那么你俩很亲密了
Not anymore.
现在不是了
At school we were.
在学校时是很亲密
I thought he might have some insight to how you were back then.
我觉得他可能知道你当时是什么样子
Those are formative years.
渐渐成熟起来的时期
More formative for you than for me.
可能对你更有价值
I learned how to march and shoot a gun, that's about it.
我也就是学会了走正步和开枪
I would've been better off in military school.
我要是去了军事学院的确会更好
Yeah? Why's that?
是吗,为什么
You go from turning tricks to being on the bestseller list
还不到合法喝酒的年纪,就从男妓
before you can legally drink, it messes with you.
一跃成为畅销书作家,这对人没好处
You told me your friend was the one who, uh...
你告诉我是你朋友...
I lied.
我撒谎了
Why? You ashamed?
什么,觉得耻辱吗
First time I did it, I was scared out of my mind.
我第一次那么做,简直吓死了
I knock on the door, it opens...
我打开门,门开了
guy's in a satin robe.
那人穿了缎子睡袍
He's fat.
他很胖
Stringy hair, combed over his bald spot.
头发粘粘的,梳过来盖住了秃顶的地方
Beads of sweat rolling down his cheeks.
脸上汗如雨下
I almost ran back to the elevator.
我差点掉头跑回电梯了
But you didn't.
但你没有
No.
没有
I needed the money.
我需要钱
Before I got undressed...
我脱衣服之前
he tells me that his wife just died.
他告诉我他妻子刚死了
Car accident.
车祸
Says they had plans to visit Tokyo in the spring.
他说他们本打算春天去东京玩
Tells me about his three kids.
还跟我说起了他的三个孩子
The one that was born with a cleft palate.
有一个生来唇腭裂
Describes his house in Westchester,
描述了他韦斯切斯特的房子
with a Juliet balcony in the living room.
有阳台,有起居室
Says how beautiful she was.
还说她是多么美
Tells me he doesn't want to die.
告诉我他不想死
Never touched me once.
根本没碰我
Sometimes it was just sex.
有时候只是性
But a lot of times, it wasn't.
但更多时候,不是的
They would tell me everything.
他们什么都告诉我
These men.
这些人
That access.
那种窥视
Those stories.
那些秘密
It was an addiction.
让人上瘾
I craved it.
我渴望它
I lived for it.
我期盼它
And then you wrote about it.
然后你给写下来
When I got famous...
我成名后
I had to stop.
我只能收手
I tried it once, I got recognized.
我又做了一次,被人认了出来
I wasn't invisible anymore.
我不再是透明人了
I couldn't escape myself.
我无法逃离自己
I wish I could do that sometimes.
有时候,我希望我也能做到
Escape myself.
逃离自己
Is it Claire?
是因为克莱尔吗
You didn't ask me here to talk about Tim Corbet.
你叫我来不是为了蒂姆·科贝特
What's in this for you?
你有什么好处
I'm addicted.
我上瘾
To me?
对我吗
I betrayed her.
我背叛了她
How?
怎么回事
I'm not asking as your biographer.
我不是作为你的传记作者问你
I'm asking as your friend.
我是作为你的朋友问你
Are we friends?
我们是朋友吗
We could pretend to be.
我们可以装作朋友
This isn't pretend.
这不是装
I'm real.
我是真的
You're hurting.
你在伤心
She's hurting more.
她更伤心
Everyone's hurting.
人人都有伤心事
Go home.
回家吧
You should get some sleep.
去睡会儿
And so should I.
我也该睡了
Thirty years is a long time.
三十年时间不短啊
You've made it this far.
你们都走到这一步了
Okay!
好啦
Double!
双重攻击
Jesus.
天呐
I didn't hear you come back.
我没听到你回来
I didn't want to wake you.
我不想吵你
What is it? MidEast bureau.
怎么了, 中东分局
They say the Russians are pulling out their troops.
说俄国人撤军了
Whatever he did out there must have worked.
他的努力显然是成功了
I wonder what it cost him.
不知道他付出了什么
We ran the different looks by a couple of focus groups.
我们找了两个焦点小组做调查
These are the three favorites.
这三个扮相最受欢迎
Not this one.
这个不要
Uh, this one. What do you think?
这个吧,怎么样
I like it.
我喜欢
The hair color as well? Do you mind going back to blonde?
发色也要染吗, 介意回归金发吗
I'd prefer it dark.
我更喜欢深色
The groups, in Iowa, in particular, they like the blonde.
焦点小组,尤其是爱荷华州的,喜欢金发
Fine. We'll go blonde then.
好吧,那就金发
You're popular among women.
你在女性中深受欢迎
We want to push those numbers as high as we can,
我们想尽可能提高支持率
and every little bit counts.
一点一滴都很重要
You don't have to explain. We'll do the color change
你不用解释,宣布辞职后
after we announce the resignation.
就染发
Thanks, Abbie.
谢谢,艾伯
If you don't want to, you don't have to do this.
如果你不想,就不必这么做
It's fine.
没事
The nomination is not gonna hinge on your hair.
提不提名,不会靠你的头发
You heard what Abbie said. Every little bit counts.
你听到艾伯的话了,一点一滴都很重要
We'll do what we have to.
我们做我们该做的,2011年,