手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 纸牌屋 > 美剧纸牌屋第三季 > 正文

美剧纸牌屋第三季(MP3+中英字幕):第2集:我们都是靶子

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

I'm glad you brought up nepotism, Senator.

正好你提到任人唯亲,议员先生
Um, if this were an outright appointment,
如果这是总统委任我
that would be one thing,
情况肯定不同
but in this case, the president can only nominate.
但他只能提名我而已
It's the Senate that deems me worthy.
我的能力得由参议院认可
I'm here to convince you that I am.
也是来博得你们的认可的
Although, I must admit,
不过说实话
my husband never remembers to put the toilet seat down,
我丈夫上完厕所从不放下马桶圈
so he could be trying to make it up to me.
他也可能是想补偿我
My larger concern is your experience. You have very little.
我更担心的是你缺乏经验
Well, a decade ago, I founded a small nonprofit
十年前,我成立了个小慈善组织
and I built it into a major global player.
后来影响力逐渐强大
I shepherded a number of bills through Congress on its behalf.
我代表我的组织在国会通过了数项提案
And over the last year,
而去年一年
I've dedicated myself to sexual assault reform,
我都致力于性侵法案改革
and have made meaningful strides.
已经取得可喜进展
Now, while this may not qualify as statecraft,
虽然算不上治国才能
it does illustrate my effectiveness,
但也表明了我的能力
the same effectiveness I plan on bringing to the United Nations.
我也希望在联合国发挥我的能力
Thank you, Mrs. Underwood. I yield the remainder of my time.
谢谢,安德伍德夫人,我放弃我剩余的时间
Uh, Mrs. Wallace of North Dakota, you have eight minutes.
北达科塔州的华莱士夫人,您有八分钟
Thank you, Mr. Chairman.
谢谢,主席先生
Mrs. Underwood, allow me to get specific.
安德伍德夫人,我细说一下
What is your take on UN Resolution 9214,
您对联合国9214号决议
the imposition of sanctions on the Congo for the
强行赦免刚果境内
The illegal mining and smuggling of mineral resources.
非法采煤以及走私煤矿行为的看法吗
Yes. The United States voted against this resolution.
是的,美国投了反对票
The DRC is already wracked with economic hardship,
刚果共和国经济本就欠发达
compounded by an unstable government.
再加上政治局势不稳定
It ranks 192 out of 194 in GDP per capita.
煤矿几乎是唯一的GDP来源
I think we need to encourage foreign investment
我认为我们应该鼓励外国资本进入
and develop new forms of economic growth
发展新的经济增长模式
rather than make one of the world's poorest countries even poorer.
而不是让刚果一穷到底
From a national security perspective,
从国家安全角度考虑
the United States maintains
刚果的繁荣发展
a strong interest in the success of the DRC.
仍对美国是有利的
We want a stable nation... They're here.
我们需要刚果稳定... 他们来了
...that can help us in combating the spread
才能助我国对抗
of Islamic radicalism throughout the continent.
极端伊斯兰分子在非洲的扩散,肆虐
And in order to achieve that, we need to work as its ally,
要做到这点,我们得做他们的盟友
not its disciplinarian.
而不是监督人
Good morning.
早上好
Mr. President.
总统先生
Jackie.
杰姬
Terry.
泰瑞
Shall we?
坐吧
Now you all have the, uh... overview. But what we have here today
大纲你们都有了,今天要谈的是
is the comprehensive breakdown Sir, before we begin
细化过的... 先生,开始之前
Look, Bob, I know you have some serious doubts about this program.
鲍勃,我知道你对项目还有疑虑
But just let me flesh it out first,
先让我把它亮出来
and then I promise we can address any questions that you might have.
然后你有什么疑虑,我们再解决
Uh, Mr. President Ten million jobs.
总统先生,一千万个岗位
Can we all agree that that's a good thing for this country?
大家都同意这对国家是好事吧
Universal employment.
保障全体就业
It's the key for our keeping the White House in 2016.
这是2016年留在白宫的关键
It's the only chance we have of winning back majorities in Congress.
也是唯一一次赢回国会多数席位的机会
Now, the election's only 18 months away.
离大选只有18个月
We need to do something bold, something decisive.
我们得做点大胆,坚决的事
We need to redefine our party.
给我党改头换面
Actually, that's what we wanted to discuss.
我们想说的就是这个
You're right, we do need to redefine the party.
我党是要改头换面
We need to do it with a fresh face.
换个新面孔
2016. We don't want you to run.
我们不希望你参加2016大选
You weren't even elected to the office in the first place.
你本来就不是民选的总统
The pardons hurt you. Approvals are low.
你之前的赦免很致命,支持率非常低
We're not casting blame, sir.
我们不想怪谁,先生
We just believe that this is best for the party.
只是为党的利益考虑
I suspected this was coming, but months from now.
我猜到会有这一天,但不是这么快
I was hoping by then I'd have something to show for my efforts,
我还希望到时候能拿出点成绩
that I could preempt their doubts with progress.
用进展打消他们的顾虑
They're nervous. They're being impulsive.
他们很紧张,也太冲动了
It's a bit early to be deciding something like this.
现在做这种决定太早了吧
Shouldn't we revisit this when we're closer to the primaries?
等初选临近了再考虑吧
What do you think, Terry?
你说呢,泰瑞
Like you said, sir, we only have 18 months until the general.
您也说了,我们离大选只有18个月了
Less than half of that to Iowa.
离爱荷华州大选不到9个月了
We would want to settle on a candidate soon.
我们想尽快确定候选人
Someone who the whole party can get behind
能为全党保驾护航的人
like the Republicans are getting behind Mendoza.
就像共和党的门多萨
And who would that be?
是谁呢
We haven't had a discussion on that yet.
还没讨论过
We came to you first, out of respect.
我们出于尊重,先来找您
Well, there must be a shortlist. No, not yet.
总有几个人选吧,还没有
It'll be a process to find the right person.
找对人选需要时间
And we were hoping that you would be a part of that process.
而我们希望您也能参与其中
Obviously, this is a request, Mr. President.
当然了我们只是请求,总统先生
It's your decision.
拍板的还是您
But if you do run, sir, you won't have our support.
但如果您决定参选,恕我们不能支持您
Jackie?
杰姬
I stand by the rest of the leadership.
我支持党内的决定
Well, this is certainly a lot to think about.
好吧,还有许多事需要考虑
Let's table our discussion on America Works for another time,
我们改天再聊美国就业企划的事
but thank you all for being so forthright.
不过感谢各位如此直率
I'll get back to you on this issue a little later on.
我稍后会就此问题给你们答复
Would you like us to stick around for a while?
您介不介意我们先逗留一阵子
We wouldn't want the press to think we came all the way here
我们可不希望媒体觉得我们特地来跑一趟
for a fiveminute meeting. That's a very good idea.
就为了五分钟的小会,好想法
No raised eyebrows.
现在不能引起非议
I'll have some refreshments sent for you into the Map Room.
我会送一些茶点到地图室的
Wonderful.
很好
Thank you, Mr. President.
谢谢您,总统先生
As a vocal proponent for the Sexual Assault Bill last session,
作为上次会议性侵法案的主要支持者
are you concerned about your relationship with the US military?
你是否担忧你和美国军队的关系
No, I'm not, Senator.
我并不担心,参议员
I worked closely with the Joint Chiefs on that bill.
我和参联会在那项法案上合作密切
What if there were a peacekeeping mission in, say, Burma,
假设现在缅甸有一项维和行动
to quell civil unrest,
镇压平民暴动
and the United Nations asked us to contribute troops,
联合国要求我国出兵
to put our servicemen and women's lives in peril.
让我们的男女士兵冒生命危险
If you're using Myanmar as a hypothetical,
如果您用缅甸做假设的话
I think we're a long way from that, but as Ambassador
我觉得这一段时间内还不会发生,不过作为大使
My question concerns the use of US military.
我的问题关注的是美国军力的使用
The US military is irrelevant. The current situation
美军是无关紧要的,现状是...
Excuse me, Mrs. Underwood. The US military is irrelevant?
抱歉安德伍德夫人,美军无关紧要吗
Well, I That's not what I said.
我不是这个意思
You said verbatim: "The US military is irrelevant."
这是你的原话, "美军是无关紧要的"
Well, in the, in the context of I meant...
我所想表达的意思是...
uh, that there are plenty
这其中有许多...
I have the utmost respect and appreciation for our troops, sir.
我对美国军人无比尊敬,参议员
Not with statements like that, you don't.
你这话可不像是有多尊敬
Senator, if I may, I can explain.
参议员,请您允许我解释
How do we explain to the men and women who serve,
我们该怎么向海外服役的男女士兵
who put their lives on the line,
那些出生入死的人解释
that our ambassador thinks they're irrelevant?
我们驻联合国的大使认为他们无关紧要
I think that's an unfair characterization of what I intended
我觉得您这样说实在是曲解了我的本意
I am not characterizing anything,
我可没有曲解什么
Mrs. Underwood, you said the words.
安德伍德夫人,话是你自己说的
And now you're trying to backpedal your way out of it.
而现在你又想耍花招赖掉自己的话
You're trying to take my words Don't interrupt me.
您就是在片面理解我的,不要打断我
If you will stop interrupting me, I can explain
如果您能不打断我的话,我可以解释的
No, you see, we ask the questions, you answer them.
您瞧,问问题的是我们,你只管回答
You're not allowing me to answer the questions, Senator.
而您就是不让我好好回答问题,参议员
If you could maybe listen instead of grandstanding.
您只顾着哗众取宠,就是不肯听我讲
The position you're being considered for
您此次应征的职位
requires calm, cool diplomacy.
要求您有冷静沉稳的外交手段
What concerns me even more than the military comment
相比你对军方的言论
is your demeanor.
我们更担心您的举止
Is this what we're to expect from our ambassador?
我们就要让您这样的人去当大使吗
A hothead?
一个急性子
Go ahead, Mrs. Underwood, I'm listening.
那请吧,安德伍德夫人,我洗耳恭听
Maybe it's leverage for another play.
也许他们别有所图
Scare the wits out of me and then come with the big ask.
先吓破我的胆,然后漫天要价
You sure there is one?
你确定他们有价码吗
America Works. They want to kill it.
他们想毙掉美国就业企划
Or soften me up to consider another VP candidate for the ticket.
或者逼我考虑一换个总统竞选搭档
They're no fans of Blythe.
他们不喜欢布莱斯
Could be anything, any combination of things.
什么事都有可能,没准要求多着呢
What? You saw it?
怎么了,您还没看到吗
Saw what? The First Lady, sir.
看到什么,第一夫人,先生
Jesus.
天啊
I better call her.
我得赶紧打电话给她
She's still in the hearing, sir.
她还在参加听证
I need to see this whole thing. Let's get ahead of it if we can.
我要把整个过程看一遍,最好提前想想对策
The Solicitor General is here. Cancel it.
副检察长到了,取消会面
You've already postponed twice. Postpone it again.
您已经推迟两次了,那再推迟一次
We can't put it off, sir.
不能再推迟了,先生
It goes to the Supreme Court in less than a month.
还有不到一个月就要上最高法院了
We have bigger fish to fry.
我们有更大的事要处理
An American citizen was injured by a drone strike.
有一名美国公民在在无人机袭击中受伤
That Walker authorized, not me.
那是沃克下的令,不是我
But you're the sitting president.
但您是在任总统
If we lose this, it undermines your authority.
如果处理不力,对您的权威会有极大损害
The media is all over it.
媒体报道铺天盖地
We need our rhetoric in line with the Solicitor General's.
我们必须跟副检察长统一说辞
All right. Christ! Send her in.
行了,老天爷,让她进来
I'll put this clip on your computer, for when you're done.
我会把片段放到您的电脑上,方便您查阅
Terry Womack. Today. Privately.
私下联系泰瑞·乌麦克,我今天就见他
Ms. Dunbar.
邓巴女士
Before we begin, I'd like to clear the air.
在我们开始之前,有些话我要说清楚
Your report. You did good work, necessary work,
你的报告真的非常好,非常必要
and I admire you for it.
我对此表示敬意
I appreciate you saying that, sir.
谢谢您的肯定,先生
And you understand the position I was in with the pardons.
您也理解我下达赦免令的考虑
That's politics, sir. Not my expertise.
那是政治问题,我不在行
What's past is past?
那我们既往不咎了吗
My focus is the argument I'll present to the court.
我关注的是要在法庭上说什么
She sees me as the bank robber who made it to the county line.
她觉得我就是抢了银行逃到郡界的劫匪
But she's smart enough to leave her badge at the door.
但她很聪明,没把这态度带进门
So, the case.
那么,这案子
As you know, sir, we think the State secret defense is strong.
先生,我们觉得以国家机密来辩护十分可行
When I consulted with the CIA on the
我在咨询中情局时
I'm wondering if State secrets is the best tactic.
我在想用国家机密做辩护是不是最好的策略
Both of Mahmoud's legs were amputated.
默罕默德的两条腿都被截肢了
He will be in the gallery, in his wheelchair.
他会坐在轮椅上,出现在旁听席
That's a powerful image.
这画面非常震撼
Even Supreme Court Justices have hearts.
就算是最高法院法官也会心软
We need to stay in their heads.
我们得让他们理性思考
A procedural route is clearly
诉讼程序很明显...
Excuse me.
稍等
Yes?
是的
Uh, tell her I need to watch something
告诉她我得看点东西
and I'll call her back from my study in two minutes.
两分钟后在书房给她回电
It's my wife. I'm sorry. Please.
是我夫人,抱歉,没关系
...you answer them. You're not allowing me
你只管回答,而您就是不让我
to answer questions, Senator.
好好回答问题,参议员
Maybe you would benefit more
您只顾着哗众取宠
from listening than grandstanding.
就是不肯听我讲
I just watched. How can I help?
我刚看完,我能做什么
I'm calling Senators.
我在给参议员电话
I think it would be heavyhanded if you did too.
如果你也给他们打就太过了
Well, I don't blame you for getting upset.
你现在觉得沮丧,我理解
You didn't deserve that. I'm a target now.
你不应该被如此对待,我成靶子了
That's the price of admission. We both are.
这是从政的代价,我们都是靶子
The leadership, they don't want me to run.
领导层不希望我参加竞选
What? Yeah, that's what they said
什么,他们是这么说的
before I could even present the program.
我都还没来得及呈递项目
This soon? Yeah, that's what surprised me.
这么快吗,是啊,我也很惊讶
The entire leadership? All of them, including Jackie.
整个领导层吗,所有人,包括杰姬
That woman has no sense of loyalty. Well, we'll see.
这女人毫无忠心,等着看吧
I'm gonna meet with Womack. Turn him around.
我要和乌麦克见面,让他改主意
They only have strength in numbers.
他们只是人多势众
Continue, please.
请继续
As I was saying, we think our procedural defense is strong.
正如之前所说,我们的程序性抗辩很可行
State secrets prohibit the introduction of evidence.
国家机密不允许被用作证据
Assuming they won't dismiss outright,
即使他们不直接撤案
the argument will focus on deference to the executive.
辩论也会聚焦于遵从领导层的命令
Separation between the courts and foreign policy.
法院和外交政策的独立性
They simply don't have the security intelligence
我们面对来自多领域的威胁
to secondguess covert operations
他们根本没有足够的安全情报
while we're facing threats on multiple fronts.
事后指戳秘密行动的合理性
Sir?
先生
I can't do this now. Excuse me, sir?
我现在无法处理,您说什么,先生
My office will be in touch. Apologies. Thank you very much.
我的办公室会与你联系,抱歉,谢谢
Maybe you would benefit more from listening than grandstanding.
您只顾着哗众取宠,就是不肯听我讲
Joining me now from Capitol Hill,
欢迎收看CNN国会首席记者
CNN's Chief Congressional Correspondent, Dana Bash.
达娜·巴什从美国国会发来的报道
Dana, what is the mood at the Capitol?
达娜,现在国会意向如何
Right, I understand, but...
没错,我理解
We already have several Senators publicly saying
已经有几个参议员公开表示
that they're gonna vote against Mrs.Underwood
由于安德伍德夫人的言论
because of her comments.
将会投票反对她
A number of others I've spoken to
而另一些参议员
have gone from supporting her...
从支持她
Right. ...nomination, to being on the fence.
好的,转变为了持观望态度
But, Dana, she's correct, isn't she?
但达娜,她说的对吧
Mendoza was grandstanding.
门多萨就是在哗众取宠
Maybe. But even so, if you look at the numbers here,
也许吧,但即便如此,看看支持率
this is doing real damage.
这事杀伤力太大
The vote was always going to be close...
投票结果本就接近
Yes.
是的
...things aren't looking good for the First Lady.
第一夫人的形式可不太好
No, I understand, but Could her military remark be...
我明白,但,她对美军的言论会否是
It's Mendoza. ...A slip of the tongue?
门多萨来电,口误吗
I appreciate your time, Senator. I hope you'll reconsider.
感谢您接听,参议员,希望您能再考虑
He's on now? Yes.
他在线吗,没错
Turn that off?
把电视关了
Senator, hi. Thank you for returning my call.
参议员,感谢你回电
Sorry it took so long. I had a ton of interview requests.
抱歉让你等这么久,我要处理一堆采访
I just wanted to apologize
我想表示道歉
if I came across as disrespectful in any way.
我今天无意失敬
That was wrong of me.
我不该那么说
I know you didn't mean it, Claire.
我知道你是无心的,克莱尔
It's just unfortunate how things are playing out.
很不幸事情发展至此
I realize you can't vote for me yourself,
我知道你本人不能给我投票
but I was hoping that maybe
但我希望也许
you would say something to the effect to
你你可以帮我说些好话
What, to the press?
什么,对媒体吗
Or even privately, to your colleagues. I can't do that.
或者私下里,对你同事,不行
Senator, the vote should center on my merits,
参议员,投票应该注重于我的优点
not a few moments where you and I took the gloves off.
而不是你我剑拔弩张的个别瞬间
Well, I think that was telling, don't you?
我觉得这很能说明问题
How you behaved under pressure?
你面对压力时的反应
Senator, you know you were taking out of context what I said.
参议员,你知道你是在断章取义吧
Of course I was. I was trying to rile you up.
知道,我故意惹怒你的
And I succeeded.
我也成功了
I wish I hadn't,
我真后悔
because it's gonna make things really tough for you.
因为你现在的情况真的不乐观
But, if you can convince my
但是如果你现在
colleagues to change their minds despite that...
还能说服我的同事改变主意的话
why, you'd make a great Ambassador.
你肯定能做个好大使的
Thank you for your time, Senator. Good luck, Claire.
叨扰了,议员,好运,克莱尔
He's a son of a bitch.
真是个王八蛋
Let's try Peterson next.
再试试彼得森
Approvals go up and down.
支持率总会变化
We can't allow ourselves to be held hostage by public opinion.
我们不能被公众的想法左右
We're being held hostage by the Republicans.
是共和党在逼我们
We can't beat them with you as the face of the party. Period.
由你代表我党是击败不了他们的,就这样
Have you all really thought this through?
你真的考虑清楚了吗
I'm a sitting president.
我是在任总统
But not an elected one.
但不是民选的
But still, to abandon the incumbent,
但就这么放弃我的职位
and all the advantages that that entails?
和其所代表的影响力吗
Which is the problem. We don't see any advantages.
问题就在这儿,你没什么影响力了
And if you were to come on board with us,
如果你跟我们的路线走
if you were to announce that you're not running,
公开宣布你不参选
it wouldn't seem as if we're abandoning you.
大家就不会觉得是我们抛弃了你
The party looks unified.
党还是统一的
Bob Birch has been trying to do me in
自从我强行通过教育法案
since I forced the Education Bill down his throat.
鲍勃·博奇就一直计划着坑我一把
I think he's using shaky logic to get you all on board
他是在用站不住脚的道理说服你们
so he can carry out some personal vendetta.
方便他向我寻仇
It was my idea.
是我的想法
Not Bob's.
不是鲍勃的
I hope you work with us.
希望你能跟我们合作
We meant it when we said it.
我们说的是真心话
We would like for you to be a part of the conversation.
我们希望听取你的意见
Hello? Hey, it's me.
喂,是我
I can't hear you. Hang on a second.
我听不见,等等
Seth? Yeah.
赛斯吗,对
I was just calling to check in. See how things are going.
我就想问问你有没有事
Good. Things are going really good.
没事,都挺好的
Hey, hold on one quick second.
等一下
Listen, uh, I know
我知道
you're rolling out the AmWorks program soon.
你们要推出美就法项目了
I'm sure Remy has a plan in place,
雷米也肯定有了计划
but I've been putting together a list.
但我也列了个单子
Some key representatives
关键人物
and what they might want in exchange for support.
和他们可能开出的价码
Skeletons in the closet, that kind of thing.
肮脏秘密什么的
Yeah, that's on hold for the moment.
那项法案现在搁置了
You're not rolling it out? It's just on hold.
不推出了吗,就是暂时搁置了
Is something up? No, everything's fine.
出什么事了吗,都挺好的
We're focused on the summit next month with Russia.
现在的焦点是下周俄罗斯的峰会
But you're good? You getting stronger?
你还好吗,身体好起来了吗
Yeah. In good spirits?
嗯,精神呢
Never been better.
好得不得了
I'll email you my ideas. Let me know what he says.
我发邮件给你,他的想法记得告诉我
Will do. Thanks.
没问题,谢谢
Senator, when we met in your office last week,
参议员,上周在办公室见面时
we had a long, productive conversation.
我们进行了一次很长很有成果的谈话
I can't imagine ten seconds during the hearing would
我觉得听证会上的十秒说明不...
Senator, may I call you back in five minutes?
参议员先生,我五分钟后再打过去好吗
Thank you.
谢谢
Francis? No luck. It was his idea.
弗兰西斯,不行,根本是他的主意
What are you going to do?
你打算怎么做
Top 50 bundlers from last cycle.
找上次竞选前50的资助人
I don't need the leadership if I can get the money.
控制了资金我就不必靠领导层了
You? Too early to tell.
你呢,还没定
Well, I'm here if you need me.
我就在这儿,需要就来找我
I've always said that power is more important than money.
我一直说权力比金钱重要
But when it comes to elections, money gives power...
但竞选的时候,金钱才能让权力
well, a run for its money.
有竞争力
It's Francis Underwood.
弗兰西斯·安德伍德
I thought you said he was handsome.
你说他挺帅的来着
Sorry to interrupt.
抱歉打扰了
Well, if she doesn't receive a text with the word "Urgent,"
如果她没收到说是"急事"的短信
it's not an official date.
那就算不上约会了
How are you? Alan Cooke.
你好,艾伦·库克
Remy Danton. Nice to meet you.
雷米·丹顿,幸会
I'm just gonna go, uh... take a few calls.
我去...打几个电话
There's an espresso coming with your name on it, okay?
我替你点了杯咖啡
Nice meeting you.
再会
So here we are.
说说吧
I wasn't part of the decision. They told me ten minutes before.
我没有参与,十分钟之前他们才通知我
Who are they talking to? About running?
他们都找谁谈竞选的事了
No one yet, as far as I can tell.
据我所知还没有
There has to at least be a list. Even a mental one.
总归有个名单,哪怕还没说出来
Some ideas.
有些想法
We need you to find out.
我们需要你查出来
You know, when Walker resigned,
沃克辞职的时候
Frank's president, you're Chief of Staff.
弗兰克就职总统,你是幕僚长
But me? You're still in the leadership.
我呢,你还在高位
Assistant Whip. It's a bullshit title.
助理党鞭,就是扯淡
I'm out of the inner circle.
我不在核心圈子里
What do you want?
那你要什么
I want to be on the ticket. His VP.
我要做他的副总统
All we want is a little information.
我们只要一点点信息
What you're asking is... disproportionate.
你开的价,太高了吧
It's repaying a debt.
当做是还债了吧
A big one. I whipped the votes for impeachment.
好大一笔债呢,弹劾法案是我搞定的
I should get to cash in on that.
现在我要回报了
There's no way he'll go for this.
他是不会同意的
Then there's no reason for me to be your eyes and ears.
那我也没必要做你们的眼线了
I'll get back to you.
回头联系你
During business hours.
要在工作时间
No, Mark, we ran it in the White House screening room and I swear to God,
不行,马克,就在白宫的决策室,我发誓
when those jets crashed into one of our Seawolf subs,
当战斗机撞向海狼核潜艇的时候
the Joint Chiefs screamed.
参联会都喊出来了
No, they didn't want you to use it and certainly not for free.
他们肯定不希望你用,更不会免费给你
David, I'm not just asking you for money,
大卫,我不只是要钱
I'm asking you to be one of my campaign chairmen.
我希望你做我的竞选主席
That buys you a lot more than a night in the Lincoln Bedroom.
那可比在总统卧室睡一晚风光多了
Claire Underwood for Senator Hylbrook.
克莱尔·安德伍德找海尔布鲁克议员
I agree. We can never rely solely upon Security Counsel support.
我同意,肯定不能只靠安全委员会的支持
Scott, we're 18 months out.
斯科特,还剩18个月了
Now, if you wanna be on the ground floor,
你想参与进来
you got to shit or get off the pot.
就别想占着茅坑不拉屎
The key is to provide leadership, to lead by example.
关键是领导,做出榜样
I was hoping we could hit Maidstone for a quick eighteen.
我还想着一起去梅德斯通打打高尔夫呢
No, I'm a terrible golfer.
当然不是,我打得可差了
Exactly, you'd have the pleasure of beating a president.
是啊,你就可以打败总统了
Now wouldn't that be a good cocktail story?
以后跟人可有得讲了
I've spoken to almost every Republican in your committee, sir.
我和您委员会里的共和党人差不多都谈过了
Yes, they're taking their cue from you.
他们说都听您的
Is there another number where I can reach him?
还有别的号码可以联系上他吗
It's important that we speak this evening.
我今晚一定要跟他谈谈
Yes, anytime, no matter how late.
是的,不管多晚
A little faith, Tom. That's all I'm asking.
汤姆,我只希望你多点信心
Oh, yes! I know, I don't like being called "Ma'am" Either.
是啊,我也不喜欢别人叫我女士
If I made every decision based on what makes people feel good,
要是我做什么事都得哄大伙开心
I'd be a talk show host, not the president.
那我就去主持脱口秀了,当什么总统
Well, I know Admiral Jennings is a good friend of yours,
我知道詹宁斯上将是你的好朋友
I can call him personally. Don't let fear drive you.
我可以亲自打给他,别被恐惧左右
That's not how you run your business, is it?
你的生意不是这么做出来的吧
I know you've been in my shoes,
我知道你也曾被人曲解
and sound bites are not who we are.
那种断章取义不是我们本意
Pennywise and poundfoolish.
那是省小钱吃大亏
I'm so sorry, Senator, did I wake you?
抱歉,参议员,吵醒你了吗
Yes, no, I'll try back again tomorrow.
好的,没事,我明天再挂
I can't fault you for being shortsighted.
你目光短浅我不怪你
I hope you won't fault me for having a long memory.
但我记性好你也别怪我
Good night!
晚安
I'm waking people up now. I'll start again in the morning.
已经有人睡了,我明早再试
How's it looking? I had to flip a coin? I don't know.
怎么样,一点也说不准
You? Not a single backer yet.
你呢,还没人支持我
Not one? California's still awake.
一个都没有吗,加州那边还早
Maybe I'll have better luck out west.
也许我在西海岸运气能好点
I'm going for a run. I need to do something.
我出去跑一圈,我得做点什么
It's late. Well, I'm too restless.
太晚了,我闲不下来了
Well, I'll be here, singing for my supper.
那我一个人在这儿吃晚饭了
It's humiliating to have to beg from some kid who was on Facebook
求个脸书上的毛头小子
before his testicles descended, but that's
实在丢人的,但那是...
Derrick, Francis Underwood. Do you have a few minutes?
德里克,弗兰西斯·安德伍德,有时间吗
I'll be running along the Mall tonight.
我绕着国家广场跑
That requires a full detail.
那要出动全套安保
How soon can you be ready?
你们要多久准备好
We'd far prefer you ran on the track.
我们更希望您在附近跑
I'll be running along the Mall.
我去国家广场跑
Yes, ma'am. We're going to need the First Lady's detail, ASAP.
好的,夫人,第一夫人安保尽快出动
This is off the record. Agreed.
不可公开,可以
You've called my office every day
过去六个月
for the last six months with one question.
你一直给我办公室打电话,问同一个问题
I call everyone in the leadership.
领导层的人我都联系过
I get the same nonanswer from all of you:
得到的都是同一套说辞
"Frank Underwood is our president..."
"弗兰克·安德伍德是现任总统"
He has our undivided support.
我们是他的坚实后盾
Birch slipped up once.
博奇有次说错了
He said "unwavering" instead of "undivided."
他说"不可动摇"不是"坚实"
I wanted to drugtest him.
我还以为他嗑药了
There was a meeting this morning in the White House.
今早在白宫有过一次会面
I was there on Pebble Beach when you came out.
你们出来时我看到了
It lasted four and a half minutes.
一共就谈了四分半
You were in there for an hour. We were inside for an hour.
你们进去了一个小时,是待了一个小时
Doesn't mean the meeting lasted that long.
但不代表就谈了一个小时
What happened? Why so short?
发生什么了,为什么这么快
You're the Pulitzer finalist.
你入围过普利策奖呢
America Works?
美就法吗
Is that why the president went to the Capitol this afternoon?
总统下午是为了这个去的国会山吗
No one from the White House would say.
白宫的人都不松口
Have a good night.
晚安
You chose me. What's your play?
你选了我,你想干什么
When you write about presidents, people pay attention.
只要是写总统的,人们都会关注
It'll come down to the wire.
得最后定胜负了
I'm confident, but I don't want to leave anything to chance.
我有信心,但我也不希望有什么事听天由命
Well, according to Erikson, I have 47 votes as of this morning.
据艾瑞克森的消息,我今早有47票了
Well, I know, Senator, but that's not enough.
我知道,参议员,但那还不够
I need yours.
我还需要您的票
I have every intention of running for president.
我非常希望竞选总统
I need to know you two are with me.
我得确定你们是支持我的
If you have any doubts, now's the time to let me know.
有任何疑虑,请现在说出来
Nancy, wipe the schedule clean.
南茜,清空时间表
Yes, everything.
全推掉
We don't leave this office until we have a plan.
不讨论出个计划就不出去
Ma'am? The Easter Egg Roll we were scheduled for?
夫人,复活节滚彩蛋游戏的事
Right. If this is a bad time...
是啊,如果不方便...
No, that's fine. Please, come in.
没什么,进来吧
Hello?
你好
Yes... Claire Underwood. He's expecting my call.
是的,克莱尔·安德伍德,他在等我电话
Hi, Sheila. They're beautiful.
你好,希拉,真美
Would you mind setting them up, please?
摆一下好吗
I have a couple more calls to make.
我还要打几个电话
Hello, Senator. Yes, I'm well. How are you?
参议员,我挺好,你好吗
The nomination of Claire Underwood, of Washington DC,
华盛顿特区提名克莱尔·安德伍德
to be the Representative of
担任美利坚合众国
the United States of America to the United Nations.
驻联合国代表
Yeas and nays have been ordered and the clerk will call the roll.
请听文员喊名字,投赞成和反对
Mr. Abner. Yea.
阿博纳先生,赞成
Mr. Braun.
博朗先生
Mr. Bray.
布雷先生
This one's a little too pink. Girls like pink.
这个太粉了,小姑娘都喜欢粉色
This is more than pink. It's neon.
这可不止是粉色了,几乎是霓虹色了
Uh, I'm choosing four? Yes, ma'am.
我要选四个吗,是的,夫人
Willa? Up by two: 48 to 46.
薇拉,领先两票, 48对46
Ma'am, we can finish up later. No.
夫人,我们可以稍后再做,不用
Uh, what's next? The commemoratives.
下面呢,纪念彩蛋
These are really special.
都很特别
A black egg?
黑蛋吗
Yes, with patriotic tipping. It's still a black egg.
有爱国元素点缀,那也是黑蛋
Engraved with POTUS and FLOTUS signatures.
刻着美国总统与第一夫人的签名
Ma'am? Final tally: 52 to 48.
夫人,最后结果, 52对48
Against.
反对占多
The press? In the briefing room.
媒体呢,在通气室
I'll just be a few minutes. Would you mind waiting?
我就回来,稍等一下好吗
Not at all, ma'am.
当然,夫人
I just heard.
我听说了
I'm so sorry.
真遗憾
The press is waiting.
媒体等着呢
Well, they can wait.
他们等去吧
Do you want me to come with you?
要我陪你去吗
No. I just want to get it over with. Good morning.
不用,我就想尽快了事
Naturally, I'm disappointed
参议院没有通过我的提名
that the Senate did not confirm my nomination today.
我自然很失望
But I'm very grateful to have been afforded the opportunity.
但能得到这个机会,我已经很感激
I'd be remiss if I did not thank my husband
我自然要谢谢我的丈夫
for all the faith and trust he placed in me.
感谢他对我的支持与信任
He's always supported me in achieving my goals.
他总会支持我达成梦想
I look forward to continued service as First Lady.
我希望继续履行第一夫人的职责
Thank you.
谢谢
Um, let's go with the... green, the blue, and the cream.
选绿的,蓝的,和米色的吧
And for the rare one? The Golden Ticket, so to speak?
纪念彩蛋呢,可以说是金券
Red. That one's beautiful.
红的,红的好看
Thank you. Excuse me, please?
谢谢,我先走了
You ever try to do this?
你试过吗
Balance an egg?
让蛋立住
We used to do this as kids.
我们小时候常玩
You can't change the laws of physics, can you?
物理法则是没法改的吧
I was wrong. It's too hard.
我错了,太难了
Sir?
先生
Fighting the leadership, raising money.
对抗领导层,筹集竞选资金
We can't get them to do what they're dead set against doing.
不能强迫他们做极不情愿的事
We'd need six months just to get them back to square one.
现在是负分,要拉到零都需要六个月
We have to reverse our thinking.
得逆向思维
When the wind's blowing at gale force,
当强风袭来的时候
there's no point in sailing against it.
没有必要逆风航行
What do you have in mind?
您有什么主意
The White House Counsel's office, please.
请接白宫法律顾问办公室
I don't care about their schedules.
我不管他们有什么安排
If not today, tomorrow morning.
今天凑不齐那就明天早上
Should I invite Jackie, too?
我们还请杰姬来吗
Well, she qualifies as leadership.
她毕竟还算是领导层里的
What about her ask? Stall her for now.
那她的条件呢,先拖着
Let's see how the meeting goes.
看看会面怎样再说
I want you to write the speech, every word.
我要你给我写份讲稿,要字斟句酌
Yes, sir. And no leaks.
好的,先生,不得外泄
You'll have a draft in three hours.
三小时内给您草稿
And, sir... Doug emailed me a lobbying strategy for AmWorks.
另外,道格给我发了份美就法的游说策略
Do you want to look at it? Of his own accord?
您要看一看吗,他自己写的吗
You didn't tell him? No, I didn't say a word.
你没告诉他吧,我什么都没说
It must be what he gathered from watching the news.
肯定是他看新闻自己琢磨出来的
How is he? Uh, Doug seems fine.
他怎样了,道格听起来还行
I've been calling him, like you asked.
按您的要求,我一直在给他打电话
But he seems all right? Well, he tells me things are good,
但他看起来如何,他告诉我一切都好
although I don't think he'd admit it if they weren't.
不过我估计就算不好他也不会说的
Why don't you stop by from time to time, since I can't.
不如你抽空去看看他,我抽不出身
See him in person. Yes, sir.
要亲眼见到他,好的,先生
And send me his email.
把他的策略转给我
Claire?
克莱尔
I'll be in my study if you need me.
如果你找我,我就在书房
What're you working on?
你忙什么呢
Brought you a coffee. My savior.
给你带了杯咖啡,你可救了我的命了
The leadership meeting yesterday morning.
党领导层昨天开了个会
It lasted four and a half minutes.
只持续了四分半
Where'd you hear that?
你从哪听说的
That's not long enough to reject a major domestic agenda.
这么重大的内政议题不可能这么快就否了
I wasn't in the meeting. I don't know how long it lasted.
我又没出席,我怎么知道会开了多久
Something went down. If you say so.
事情不对,随你怎么说了
Uh, I didn't hear anything about it.
反正我是什么都没听说
Could've been the president was called away.
没准是总统有急事先走了
That happens all the time. Not this time.
经常这样,这次肯定不是
How do you know?
你怎么知道
Clearly, I have a source that knows more than you.
显然我有个知道的比你多的消息源
Most sources do. At least they pretend they do.
大多数消息源都这样,至少是假装这样
Thanks for the coffee.
多谢你的咖啡
Two sugars next time. I'll remember that.
加两包糖,我下次会记得的
You talked to Ayla Sayyad.
你和艾拉·萨伊德谈过了
I can either be an asset or a liability.
我既可以帮忙也可以帮倒忙
You think this puts you on the ticket now?
你以为这样就能保你成为副总统候选人了吗
Not if you tell him.
你去告密的话自然不会了
But the smart move would be to advocate on my behalf.
不过比较聪明的选择是替我说好话
Don't strongarm me, Jackie.
别逼我,杰姬
You're the man in the middle. Who else would I strongarm?
你是中间人,不逼你逼谁
I want to be on your team, Remy.
我想成为你们的一员,雷米
We do well when we're on the same team.
你我合作的时候结果一向不错
You have more calls?
你还有别的电话吗
No. I'm done.
没有,忙完了
Who spoke to her? I have no idea, sir.
谁向她泄密了,我不知道,先生
Well, it's your job to know. Things are moving fast.
你的工作就是知道,事情发展太快
I'm just trying to stay ahead of them.
我只是尽力控制局面
Well, we need to move faster. Has the meeting been set?
那我们动作得更快,会议定下来了吗
Eight AM tomorrow. I just heard back from Birch's office.
明早8点,博奇的办公室刚给我回了话
Good. Let's have the networks ready to go live by nine.
很好,联系媒体准备好9点直播
One more thing. Jackie.
还有个问题,杰姬
I think you should decide sooner rather than later.
我觉得您最好尽快做决定
If we're gonna go this route,
如果我们走这条路
we need every ally we can get.
就得争取尽可能多的友军
After the meeting. We'll discuss then.
等开完会,我们再谈
You've emerged.
你起来了啊
I took a nap. Last night was... I didn't get much sleep.
我小睡了一觉,昨晚我都没怎么睡
Me, neither.
我也是
We're gonna find something for you.
我们肯定会给你找个职位的
Some other position, or something as First Lady, I promise.
其它的职位,或作为第一夫人的职责,我保证
I know.
我知道
What are you doing up? I've got to go over my speech.
你不睡做什么,我在忙我的演说
It's happening tomorrow night.
我准备明晚发表演讲
What speech?
什么演讲
It's premature, isn't it?
有点太急了,不是吗
Read on.
读下去
Yes?
好吗
Yes.
Thank you. Please.
谢谢,请坐
I put a great deal of thought into what you've all asked of me.
你们的请求,我想了很多
I challenged myself to keep an open mind.
我让自己尽量保持开放的态度
And my decision is: I will not run for president.
而我的决定是,我将不参选下任总统
Look, they're thinking
你瞧,他们觉得
it's too good to be true, and it is.
这好的不真实,也的确不是真的
I lied in the Oval Office before.
我之前在椭圆办公室撒过谎
I didn't want to take the chance this time.
这次不想再触霉头
It's too big a deal to jinx myself.
万一真说中了可不好
At nine o'clock tonight,
今晚9点
I will announce to the nation my decision.
我就向全国宣布我的决定
What's the catch?
你什么目的
I wanted us to meet here in this room for a reason.
我要大家来这里见面是有原因的
For the past five months,
过去五个月
my team has sat at this very table, developing America Works.
我的团队就坐在这儿,起草美国就业法案
You know how much the program means to me,
你们知道这项目对我意义重大
and I want it to mean as much to you.
我希望你们也能像我一样重视
So there is a catch. No, an opportunity.
那你是有目的的了,不,是机遇
Look, we all know the
我们都知道
All right, let's just say for... argument's sake
单纯地打个比方
that this table here
这张桌子
represents the next year and a half, all right?
就是未来一年半
So, this is us right now.
我们在这儿
And down there at the end, that's the election.
那边的尽头是大选
Now, if I did run, I'd spend the next few months fundraising.
我要是决定竞选,接下来几个月我就得筹款
And then somewhere around here, I'd formally announce.
到这时左右,我要正式宣布
And then even if I did win the nomination,
哪怕我赢了党内竞选
say, somewhere around here,
比如说在这个时候
I'd start to have to face off
我就得面对
with a Republican challenger, probably Mendoza.
共和党的对手,很可能是门多萨
And then things would get brutal.
那可就是真刀真枪了
Daily, daily events.
每天都非常激烈
Fending off attacks.
防御对手的进攻
Launching my own.
同时进攻对手
And... you're right.
你们说得对
In the end
最后
I'd probably lose
我可能会输
I would spend 18 months campaigning,
我会花18个月的时间竞选
which would leave no time to govern.
就没有时间治国了
But you have opened my eyes.
你们让我看清了局势
I feel liberated.
解放了思想
I want to spend these next 18 months dedicated to one thing:
接下来的18个月我想专注一件事
America Works. But I need your help to do it.
美国就业法案,但我需要你们的帮助
You're putting an awfully big price tag on this, Mr. President.
你开的价码有点高啊,总统先生
No, you've put an awfully big price tag on this.
不,是你们开了高额价码
You're asking me to be a placeholder for 18 months
你们要我占18个月的位子
and I intend to govern.
而我想治国
And if America Works succeeds,
如果美国就业法案成功了
then whoever you choose to run in 2016
那不管16年谁来竞选
not only has the backing of a united party,
都会有全党的支持
but a formidable legacy.
更会有一笔可贵的遗产
But Social Security? Benefits. Entitlements.
社会保障呢,社会福利呢
We don't want to present a fresh face
我们可不想推选个新人
only to shoot ourselves in the foot.
反过来坑了自己
Then let's not pretend to unite the party,
那就别假装全党统一了
let's unite the party behind this legislation.
让全党统一支持这项法案吧
We'll never get it past the Republicans.
肯定过不了共和党那关
We are not here to negotiate!
我不是来谈判的
You want forwardthinking, Bob? Then think forward.
你要放眼未来吗,鲍勃,快放眼看啊
You want a fresh face for 2016? You wanna work together?
想16年推举个新人吗,想通力合作吗
Then present my program to Congress.
把我的法案递交给国会吧
And if it dies there, so be it.
如果通不过,那也没办法
But I want us to fucking try!
但我们至少他妈该试一下
I am prepared to vacate this chair.
我打算让位了
Meet me halfway.
你们也妥协一下
Any moment now,
很快
the president will be addressing the nation live from the East Room.
总统就将在东厅向全国发表直播讲话
The White House has remained silent
关于总统讲话的内容
on the subject of the president's speech,
白宫一直闭口不谈
but sources in Congress say it will focus on the jobs initiative
但国会有消息称,是关于近几个月来
he's been planning to unveil for several months.
总统筹备的就业法案
The program, dubbed America Works,
该法案被称作美国就业法案
was developed in secret.
一直在秘密起草中
Any details are the byproduct of speculation,
具体细节尚不明了
but sources suggest it will have elements
但有消息称,该法案
from both liberal and conservative agendas.
既有激进的内容,又有保守的成分
What remains to be seen
而共和党控制的国会
is whether a Republicancontrolled Congress
会不会通过该法案
will cooperate in pushing the program forward.
就拭目以待了
The White House has faced significant opposition from the GOP
自本届国会成立以来,共和党一直
since Congress began its current session,
激烈反对白宫
and many speculate
很多人也推测
that the president's liberal application of veto power
总统自由行使否决权
may leave congressional leaders disinclined
可能会导致国会高层
to support this new jobs program.
不愿支持他的法案
Additionally, many Democratic supporters of President Underwood,
另外,自党鞭期间就支持安德伍德总统的
from his days as House Majority Whip,
部分民主党人士
were voted out of office in November,
也在去年11月离开了国会
diminishing his personal influence over legislators.
让总统在立法上的影响力进一步降低
Low approval ratings are a continuing concern
安德伍德政府的低支持率
for the Underwood administration.
一直是个问题
And congressional sources suggest
国会内有消息称
the choice to tackle unemployment
处理失业问题
may be part of a campaign strategy for 2016.
也许正是16年大选的策略
Recent polls indicate that
最近有民调显示
less than one third of all Americans say they would
不到三分之一美国人
consider voting for President Underwood...
考虑投给安德伍德总统
job growth has remained
提高就业率仍是
a popular platform in national elections,
总统竞选的热门话题
and if today's announcement is received well,
如果今天的讲话能受好评
President Underwood's
安德伍德总统的
campaign certainly has an opportunity to benefit.
竞选肯定有机会因此受益
Thank you.
谢谢
Sir, we're ready for you in five seconds.
先生,我们五秒后开始
Good evening.
晚上好
For too long, we in Washington have been lying to you.
一直以来,我们华盛顿的人都没说实话
We say we're here to serve you,
我们说为人民服务
when in fact, we're serving ourselves.
但其实,我们为自己服务
And why? We are driven by our own desire to get reelected.
为什么,因为我们只想着连任
Our need to stay in power eclipses our duty to govern.
我们渴望继续执政而忽视了治国之职
That ends tonight.
今晚,这到此为止
Tonight, I give you the truth.
今晚,我告诉你们实话
And the truth is this:
实话就是
The American dream has failed you.
美国梦让你们失望了
Work hard? Play by the rules? You aren't guaranteed success.
努力工作,遵守规则,不保证你们能成功
Your children will not have a better life than you did.
你们孩子的生活不会比你们好
Ten million of you can't even get a job,
一千万美国人非常想
even though you desperately want one.
找工作却找不到
We've been crippled by Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid,
我们被社保,医保,医疗补助,社会福利
by welfare, by entitlements.
所牵绊
And that is the root of the problem: entitlements.
这才是问题的根源,福利
Let me be clear. You are entitled to nothing.
我说明白了,没有天生的福利
You are entitled to nothing.
没有天生的福利
America was built on the spirit of industry.
美国的根基是勤劳精神
You build your future. It isn't handed to you.
未来靠自己努力,而非靠人施予
And the problem with Washington
华盛顿的问题
is that we haven't given you the tools to build it.
在于没有给你们打造生活的工具
The only way for us to serve you
政府为人民服务的唯一办法
is to give you the means to serve yourselves.
就是想办法让你们服务自己
Well, that's exactly what I intend to do.
这就是我想要做的
Not handouts. Jobs.
不施舍,而是给工作
Real paying jobs.
实实在在的工作
In the next few weeks, the Democratic leadership
在未来几周,民主党领导人
will introduce a program called "America Works."
会提出一个叫"美国就业法案"的项目
Its goal is simple:
其目的很简单
to put the ten million Americans who are unemployed to work.
让一千万没有工作的美国人有工作
All of them. If you want a job, you get one.
每一个想工作的人都会有工作
The cost is five hundred billion dollars.
这需要五千亿美元
Now, that's a lot of money.
这个数目很庞大
To pay for it, we'll need to rethink Social Security,
为了这笔钱,我们得完全重新思考
healthcare and benefits from the ground up.
社保,医保和福利政策
We can't maintain the welfare state as we know it.
我们不能维持现有的福利政策
Now, that's not a popular thing to say.
这么说很不讨人喜欢
Anyone running for office wouldn't dare utter those words.
任何竞选者都不会说这些话
Every advisor and consultant and staff member
每一个幕僚,顾问和下属
would beg a presidential candidate not to say them.
都不希望总统候选人说这种话
But I can say them.
但我可以说
Because I will not be seeking
因为2016年
the Democratic nomination in 2016.
我将不参与民主党竞选
Candidates are cautious.
候选人都谨言慎行
They must equivocate. They dodge and tiptoe.
他们含糊其辞,回避周旋,小心翼翼
But I'd rather leave this office
但我更愿离开
having accomplished something of value
这间办公室时,能完成有价值的事
than secure another four years having done nothing at all.
而不是为了再任四年而无所作为
Franklin Delano Roosevelt ushered in an era of hope and progress
富兰克林·德拉诺·罗斯福提出新政
when he proposed the New Deal.
让美国走向希望和进步的时代
And at the time, his reforms were considered radical.
当时,他的改革被认为很激进
But he once said, "This country demands bold,
但他说, "这个国家需要进行
persistent experimentation.
大胆而执着的实验
It is common sense to take a method and try it.
想办法试一试很正常
And if it fails, admit it frankly and try another.
如果失败了,坦白承认然后重新来过
But above all, try something."
但重要的,是要尝试"
Roosevelt would have understood better than anyone
罗斯福比谁都明白
the necessity for trying something different.
尝试特别办法的必要性
The New Deal succeeded for many years,
新政成功了那么多年
but we must now try something newer before it fails us.
但在新政失效前,我们得尝试更新的东西
If America Works succeeds,
如果美国就业法案成功了
we will reinvent the American dream.
我们将彻底改造美国梦
If we fail in our attempt,
如果我们的尝试失败
we will admit it frankly and try another.
我们会坦白承认然后重新来过
But above all, we must try something.
但重要的,是要尝试
Thank you, and God Bless the United States of America.
谢谢,天佑美利坚合众国
It's two in the morning.
现在是凌晨两点
Yeah, I just left the White House.
是,我刚离开白宫
The press conference, phone calls, emails,
新闻发布会,电话,邮件
the rest can wait until tomorrow.
其它的明天再说
Were you asleep? No.
你睡了吗,还没
This is a cool place.
这地方不错
How much is your rent?
租金多少
I thought you said AmWorks was on hold.
你不是说美国就业法案暂停了吗
Well, it was and then it wasn't.
当时确实是,现在不是了
The leadership didn't want him to run.
领导层不想让他参选
Who told you that?
谁告诉你的
Nobody. But I figure it's the only reason he'd make that speech.
没人,但我猜这是他那番讲话的唯一理由
He's still gonna run though, isn't he? He says he's not.
但他仍会参加竞选吧,他说不会
I know him better than you ever will, Seth.
我永远都比你更了解他,赛斯
There's no way he doesn't run.
他不可能不参选
Is that why you're here? Because he needs my help now?
这是你来的原因吗,因为他需要我帮他
No, I just I wanted to check up with you in person this time.
不,我就是想亲自来看看你的状况
He asked you to. Yes.
是他要你来的,是
I did send him your email, though.
不过我把你的邮件发给他了
What did he say? I'm not sure if he's read it.
他说什么,我不确定他看过没
You should probably get some sleep, huh?
你是不是该睡觉了
Big day for the press team tomorrow.
明天可是新闻团队的大日子
You can report back. Alive and well.
你可以回禀说我活得好好的
Is it okay if I stop by now and then?
我时不时来看你一眼可以吗
Do I have a choice?
我有的选吗
I don't, but I can't force you to open the door.
我没有,但是我也不能逼你开门
Whatever you want.
随便你了
Thanks.
多谢
I'll see you soon.
再见
Ms. Dunbar.
邓巴女士
Mr. President.
总统先生
I had a lot on my mind when we last spoke.
上次我们谈话时我心事重重
The speech last night, it was Yes, it was a big decision
昨晚的演讲,是一个重大决定
and I apologize if I was distracted.
如果我之前显得心不在焉,我很抱歉
Not at all, sir. So, the drone strike case.
完全不会,来谈谈无人机袭击案
You've been pursuing the State secrets defense.
你一直在走国家机密的抗辩策略
Yes, sir.
是的,先生
Heather May I call you Heather? Please.
希瑟,我能这样称呼你吗,请便
The American people are sick of secrets.
美国人民反感秘密
That's the point I was trying to make last night.
这就是我昨晚竭力想说明的
I promised the truth, and now we're going to deliver.
我承诺给大家真相,现在就要履行诺言
What truth is that, sir?
是什么真相,先生
A man had his legs blown off. An American citizen.
一个美国公民被炸断了腿
We're going to own up to that.
我们要承认
We're going to admit that the CIA conducted the drone strike
承认是中情局实施了那次无人机袭击
and explain the reasons why. That information is classified.
并且解释原因,这些信息是机密
Not anymore.
不再是了
You have my permission to make the classified brief public.
我准许你,公开机密
Sir, that is not a sound legal approach.
先生,这么做在法律上不合理
But it's what the country needs.
但这正是这个国家所需要的
We're not appealing to the country.
我们不是在向国家抗辩
We're appealing to nine justices. Wrong.
而是九个大法官,错
We're appealing to both by taking responsibility.
我们要承担责任,一石二鸟地博得好感
Yes, a man was maimed, his family members were killed.
是,有人残废了,他家人被杀
But hundreds, perhaps thousands of lives were saved as a result.
但因此,成百上千的生命得以获救
I understand the emotional logic,
我明白这种情感逻辑
but we can't You sat right there and told me
但我们不能,你坐在那儿对我说
even Supreme Court justices have hearts. Yes, but
就连最高法院法官也会心软,对,但
Far be it from me to tell you how to do your job.
我不能告诉你怎么做好你的工作
I've never practiced law a day in my life.
我这一生中,从未做过律师
But I have written them.
但我书写法律
And occupying this office, I know what the country needs.
我占着这间办公室,我知道国家需要什么
It needs closure.
它需要了结
Let me work on a new argument.
我去写新的抗辩了
Thank you, Heather. Thank you, Mr. President.
谢谢,希瑟,谢谢,总统先生
Where do you want these, ma'am?
总统夫人,您想把它们放在哪
Anywhere. Just not in here.
只要不是这里,哪都行
Okay.
Scott? Yes?
斯科特,怎么了
Here's a couple more.
这儿还有一些
Let the towns drift slowly by
让城镇从你身边漂过
Listen to the steel rails hummin
听铁路车轮哼鸣
That's a hobo's lullaby
这就是流浪者的催眠曲
Do not think about tomorrow
别为明天担忧
Let tomorrow come and go
让明天来,任明天去
Tonight you've got a nice warm boxcar
今晚你睡在温暖的车厢
You want a peanut butter and jelly?
想不想来份花生酱果0冻三明治
No, thanks.
不了,谢谢
Is everything all right?
一切都还好吗
I want the UN job, Francis.
我想做联合国大使,弗兰西斯
The Senate goes home in two weeks.
参议院两周后就休会了
I want a recess appointment.
我要你进行休会任命
I prepared for it. I can do this.
我为此做了准备,我能胜任
And after it's all over,
等一切结束后
if I've done the job I know I can do,
如果我成功胜任我知道我能胜任的工作
I'll be positioned for anything I want.
我今后做什么都行了
Claire
克莱尔
Now, I checked with the White House Counsel.
我和白宫法律顾问确认过了
There is precedent for a recess appointment
在提名被否决后
after a rejected nomination.
有休会任命的先例
Only once, but you wouldn't be the first.
只有一次,但你肯定不是首例
And I know you'll take a hit politically.
我知道你在政治上会遭非议
And I know people will think I don't deserve it.
我也清楚人们会认为我不配
They'll have doubts in me.
他们对我会心存顾虑
But what if... this is as far as we get?
可如果我们只能走到这一步了呢
What if it's all over in 18 months?
如果18个月后一切都将结束
I don't want to wait, or settle for something else,
我不想等,也不想屈就
when I've put all this work into Okay.
尤其是我已经投入了这么多好吧
I'll do it.
我会做的
You sure you don't want half? I'm not hungry.
你确定不来半块,我不饿
I'll be in my study.
如果你找我,

重点单词   查看全部解释    
specific [spi'sifik]

想一想再看

adj. 特殊的,明确的,具有特效的
n. 特

联想记忆
interview ['intəvju:]

想一想再看

n. 接见,会见,面试,面谈
vt. 接见,采

 
comment ['kɔment]

想一想再看

n. 注释,评论; 闲话
v. 注释,评论

联想记忆
opportunity [.ɔpə'tju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 机会,时机

 
agenda [ə'dʒendə]

想一想再看

n. 议事日程

联想记忆
hypothetical ['haipəu'θetikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 假设的,假定的,爱猜想的

 
legal ['li:gəl]

想一想再看

adj. 法律的,合法的,法定的

联想记忆
popular ['pɔpjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的

联想记忆
unemployment ['ʌnim'plɔimənt]

想一想再看

n. 失业,失业人数

 
deference ['defərəns]

想一想再看

n. 顺从,敬重

联想记忆


关键字: 美剧 第三季 纸牌屋

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。