手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 纸牌屋 > 美剧纸牌屋第三季 > 正文

美剧纸牌屋第三季(MP3+中英字幕):第1集:研究竞选筹款改革

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Hey, Pop.

Been a while, hasn't it?
好久不见啊
Did you see that motorcade roll up?
看到车队驶过来了吗
It's the first time that the President of the United States
这是首次有美国总统
has visited Gaffney.
来到加夫尼
Can you believe it?
你能相信吗
Oh, I wouldn't be here if I had a choice.
如果有的选,我也不会来
But I have to do these sort of things now.
但我现在得做这种事了
Makes me seem more human.
让我显得更有人情味
And you have to be a little human when you're the president.
做总统就得有点人情味
He couldn't even afford to pay for his own gravestone.
他都没钱给自己买墓碑
I paid for it out of my own scholarship money from The Sentinel.
我用自己桑蒂诺军事学院的奖学金买的
Nobody showed up for his funeral except me.
他葬礼那天只有我去了
Not even my mother.
我母亲都没去
But I'll tell you this, though, Pop:
但我要告诉你,爸
when they bury me, it won't be in my backyard.
等我下葬的时候,绝不会是葬在自家后院
And when they come to pay their respects,
等人们前来吊唁的时候
they'll have to wait in line.
他们得排队
You should let us take a photo at the grave.
你该让我们在墓地拍张照
He wants privacy. The man's honoring his father, for God's sakes.
他想要点隐私,他可是在给父亲扫墓啊
Here's the info you were looking for.
这是你要的信息
And we have that scheduled for next Tuesday at 10 a.m.
我们把那个安排在了下周二早上10点
That's still good for you, right?
没问题吧
Excellent. I'll confirm it.
很好,我会确认的
Excuse me.
抱歉
Yes, sir?
什么事,先生
Yes, sir.
是,先生
The president is ready to see you now.
总统可以见你了
Jesus.
天呐
I'm devastated.
我伤心欲绝
I love this man as if he were my son.
我爱他如子
Now, he's a fighter, and I'm sure that he'll pull through.
他是个斗士,我相信他能挺过来
Our prayers are with him.
我们都为他祈祷
"...said President Underwood during a press conference yesterday. "
安德伍德总统昨日在一场新闻发布会上如是说
The Maryland State Police
马里兰州警方
and Federal authorities have yet to locate
和联邦有关部门尚未找到
Mr. Stamper's car or name any suspects."
斯坦普先生的车或提出任何嫌疑人"
You want more of this, brother?
还想听吗,弟弟
Or maybe the sports page?
或许听听体育版吧
"Game Six of the World Series "
世界职业棒球大赛第六场比赛
went scoreless for 13 innings
连续13局未得分
before a rain delay
紧接着又因大雨延迟
that turned an already epic evening
使这个已具有史诗性的夜晚
into one for the history books."
足以载入史册"
We need a doctor in room three-one.
31号病房需要医生
Douglas?
道格拉斯
Can you hear me?
能听到吗
I want you to blink if you can hear me.
如果能听到眨下眼睛
Again.
再来
My name is Dr. Lanjwani.
我是兰吉维尼医生
The president's office asked me to look after you personally.
总统办公室要求我亲自看护你
You're getting the very best of care, okay?
你能得到最好的护理,好吗
Douglas, I want you to blink if you can feel this.
道格拉斯,如果你能感觉到,就眨眼睛
Good. Good.
很好,很好
How about this?
这样呢
Okay. Excellent.
好的,很好
And this?
这样呢
How about here?
这里呢
Relax.
放松
Relax. Perfectly normal at this early stage.
放松,早期阶段这很正常
Relax.
放松
That's good.
很好
Okay. Get some rest.
好的,休息吧
Are you gonna hurt me?
你是不是要伤害我
I will do whatever you want, please just don't hurt me.
你让我干什么都行,求你别伤害我
Does that hurt? A little.
疼吗, 有点
All right, let's go ahead. Try and make a fist for me.
好了,我们开始吧,握拳
Remy. What's that?
雷米, 什么
Remy Danton. Was he here?
雷米?丹顿,他在吗
He was. Just checking on your progress.
他来过,来看你怎么样了
Go ahead, make that fist for me.
来,握个拳
Lion.
狮子
Rhinoceros.
犀牛
Camel. Good.
骆驼, 很好
What color is Rudolph's nose?
鲁道夫的鼻子什么颜色
Rudolph? Reindeer.
鲁道夫, 驯鹿
Red.
红色
It's red.
是红色的
The President of the United States?
美国总统
Douglas?
道格拉斯
Who is the President of the United States?
美国总统是谁
Frank Underwood.
弗兰克·安德伍德
What year are we in? 2014.
今年是哪年, 2014年
What month is it?
几月份
It's December.
12月
I have to get back to work.
我得回去工作
Douglas. Listen to me.
道格拉斯,听我说
You suffered a compound fracture--
你遭受了有创骨折...
I know what I fucking suffered!
我知道我什么毛病
I need you to hear me this time.
你好好听我说
There was damage to your left frontal cortex.
你左额皮质遭到了损伤
Your motor skills will be a struggle.
你的运动技能将有退化
Your emotions will be unpredictable.
你将情绪多变
There's a long road ahead, and we can't rush it.
前面的路很长,我们不能心急
Let's do the test later. No.
我们稍后做测试吧, 不
We'll finish it now.
现在就做完
What was your mother's name?
你母亲叫什么
She was young and beautiful.
她年轻漂亮
Jacob fell in love with her while she was watering a lamb, and...
雅各在她照看羊喝水时爱上了她
she became his wife after he worked seven years
他做了七年的工
to earn her hand in marriage.
才终于娶到她
Push back. Heel into my hand.
推,脚跟向我手里使劲
Breathe.
呼吸
Back up. Deep breath. Ready?
归位,深呼吸,准备好了吗
Push. Push.
推,用力
Doug.
道格
Focus.
集中注意
The report I submit to Congress today
我今天递交国会的报告
includes evidence that
所包含的证据
would normally warrant criminal prosecution,
通常足以展开刑事检控
but the Justice Department won't pursue charges
但鉴于总统特赦
in accordance with the presidential pardons.
司法部不会提出起诉
I'm grateful for the hard work Ms. Dunbar and her team
我很感激邓巴女士及其团队
have dedicated to their investigation.
对此次调查的尽心尽力
In response, I'll be forming a bipartisan commission
作为回应,我将组建跨党派委员会
to examine campaign finance reform so history does not repeat itself,
研究竞选筹款改革,以确保历史不再重演
and so that our nation can heal from these wounds.
也让我们国家愈合伤口
I got bacon-cheese and regular. Which one you want?
我有培根芝士和普通的,你要哪种
Just a minute.
等等
Remember when you'd never eat a burger
还记得你以前从不吃
if it didn't have bacon on it?
没有培根的汉堡吗
Dad would get so pissed
爸会发火
because he hated the smell of bacon grease on the grill.
因为他讨厌烤培根油的味儿
I'm trying to listen, Gary.
我在听呢,加里
The president's hands are tied. Might as well let him burn.
They're getting their marshmallows ready.
他们在准备棉花糖了
Look at Underwood's approval rating.
看看安德伍德的支持率
It's worse than Walker's before he resigned.
比沃克辞职之前的还糟
That's a deep, deep hole to climb out of.
要从那个坑里爬出来,会很不容易
The Republicans are gonna have their fun for a while.
共和党会得意一阵了
Plenty to hammer him on in the general.
普选时有很多可以拿来打击他的东西
And they're out for blood.
而且他们一心想伤人见血
They lost big on education and entitlement reform.
教育和福利改革他们都输得很惨
And if the rumors
还有,如果那些关于
about America Works are true...
《美国就业法案》的传言是真...
For the left, that's just too far to the right
这计划对左派太右
and for the right, it's too far to the left.
对右派太左
They need me back.
他们需要我回去
Where? The White House?
哪里,白宫吗
We got to turn the corner, start ramping up for 2016.
我们得扭转局势,开始为2016造声势
He might turn this around.
他或许能扭转乾坤呢
You don't really think he's gonna win, do you?
你不是真觉得他会赢吧
The guy's experienced. Underwood has a lot...
他经验丰富,安德伍德有很多...
He'll recover.
他会恢复的
He's a behind-the-scenes guy.
他是个幕后推手
He's not comfortable in the spotlight.
他在聚光灯下不自在
How about you recover first?
不如你先恢复吧
...glad-handing and kissing babies
假意热情,亲吻婴儿
This is gonna be a long 18 months if this proves any indication.
如果这证明了什么,就是这18个月会很漫长
It can be a lot of chest-thumping
会许下一堆空头承诺
but nothing really getting done.
但却毫无建树
The Xybenetrin will help with depression.
解忧灵有助缓解抑郁症
The buspirone is for anxiety. Here you go.
丁螺环酮是治疗焦虑的,给你
I'd like to prescribe you something for the pain, but with your...
我想给你开点止疼药,但鉴于你的...
Well, any patient with a history of addictive behavior--
所有有瘾史的病人...
I know. It's fine.
我懂,没事
I can handle the pain.
疼我撑得住
He looks a lot better.
他看上去好多了
No, he's still asleep.
不,他还在睡呢
I have to go.
我得挂了
Okay.
Is this a bad time?
打扰你了吗
No. It's fine.
没有,没事
No, it's just no one told me you were coming.
就是没人告诉我你要来
Francis sends his love.
弗兰西斯要我代好
He would visit himself, but with the media...
他很想亲自来,但是媒体...
No, I understand.
不,我懂
He did come before, when...
他之前来过的,那时...
Both of us. I know.
我们俩都来过, 我知道
I saw the flowers. Thank you.
我看到花了,谢谢
You look well. I'm getting there.
你看上去挺好, 我在好起来了
I just want to get better so I can get back to work.
我只想好起来,好回去工作
We're looking forward to that.
我们都盼着呢
We can use all the help we can get, actually.
我们真是需要一切帮助
Yeah. Been watching the news.
嗯,我一直在看新闻
Francis, he's at his wit's end. The Republicans...
弗兰西斯,他真是无计可施了,共和党...
won't send him a single bill he can sign.
不肯给他一张他能签的法案
And the Democrats aren't much better. Bob Birch?
民主党也好不到哪去, 鲍勃·博奇
Blind leading the stupid.
瞎子给蠢货带路
How's Remy working out?
雷米干得还好吗
Well, we'd much rather have you there, but he's doing a fine job.
我们更希望是你在,但他还不错
Doug, do you... recall anything?
道格,你...记得什么吗
About what happened? Why?
关于事发经过, 怎么
Did the police find something?
警察有什么发现吗
Not that we're aware of.
据我们所知是没有
And we've asked them to hold off questioning you
我们叫他们暂时不要讯问你
until you're feeling more like yourself.
直到你感觉好一些
Rachel, she...
瑞秋,她...
I don't remember.
我不记得了
Yes, you do.
不,你记得
A carjacking.
是劫车
A man. What sort of man?
是个男人, 什么样的男人
That part's fuzzy.
那部分记不清了
It could be anyone, then. Any man.
那就可能是任何人了,谁都可能
Yeah. Any man.
是啊,谁都可能
And he got frightened?
他被吓跑了吗
I chased him and that's all.
我去追他,然后就记不得了
Any idea where she is?
知道她在哪吗
No.
不知道
Because it's important that we find her.
我们一定得找到她
I really don't know.
我真不知道
That's the truth.
真的
I want you to tell all of this to the police,
你把这些都告诉警察
exactly what you told me,
你跟我说的原话
about the carjacking and the man. Nothing about her.
关于劫车,那个男人,别提她
I got it.
知道了
If you need anything, or remember anything
你如果需要什么,或记起了什么
It's good to see you. You, too.
见到你真好, 你也是
That's good. One more time. Up and forward. That's good.
很好,再来,向上向前,很好
Excellent. Breathe.
很好,呼吸
Good.
很好
Good. Good.
很好,很好
Okay.
好了
Let's try this one. You're doing a great job.
试试这个,你做得很好
Keep breathing. Good.
继续呼吸,很好
Good job, Doug.
很好,道格
Okay. Moving forward. You got it.
好的,向前来,你行的
Great. Great job.
很好,很好
Keep going.
继续
Good. Breathe.
很好,呼吸
Excellent. Good.
很好,不错
One more.
再来一个
Great job.
很好
One more time. It's almost done. Ready?
再来一次,就好了,准备好了吗
Keep breathing.
保持呼吸
Just his voice. He said, "Get out of the car."
只记得他的声音,他说"下车"
Anything you can say about the voice?
能描述一下他的声音吗
Was it, uh... Accent? Lisp? High? Low?
形容下口音,咬字,音调高低
Deep.
深沉
That's all I remember.
就记得这些了
Then I laid on the horn. I...
然后我鸣了笛
I remember him running.
我记得他跑了
Like a blur, I got out.
很模糊,我下了车
I chased him.
去追他
I'm not sure. I must have...
我也不确定,我一定...
What were you doing in that part of Maryland?
你去马里兰州那里做什么
Mr. Stamper?
斯坦普先生
Sir. What were you doing in that part of Maryland?
先生,你去马里兰州那里做什么
I drive sometimes to think.
我有时候会开车思考
There was a lot on my mind with work.
当时工作上有很多事
I drive to clear my head.
我只是开车清理思绪
Have you found the car?
你们找到车了吗
We don't have anything other than what you just told us.
我们目前只有你刚刚提供的信息
How's your mood been? Any episodes?
你的情绪最近如何,有过情绪爆发吗
No. The meds are working.
没有,药物很好使
You just telling me what I want to hear? Okay.
你只是跟我说好听的吗
I'm gonna sign your release today.
我今天就批准你出院
But it's important you take it easy at first.
但你一开始一定别太急躁
Everything's gonna be much harder in general.
一切都会变得难很多
I know.
我知道
Do you have someone who can look after you?
有人能照顾你吗
Yeah. My brother Gary's in from Ohio.
有,我哥哥加里从俄亥俄州过来了
Good. How long is he here for?
很好,他能待多久
A while, I guess. Okay, great.
能待一阵吧, 好的,很好
It's important you go to your meetings.
你一定要去参加互助会
Stay on top of your sobriety.
继续保持不沾酒
Take this. It's for the steroids I prescribed you.
拿着这个,用来注射给你开的类固醇
It's one shot into the right thigh, once a week.
每周一次,一针打在右腿大腿上
The nurse, she...
护士...
She showed me how. Okay.
她教过我了, 好
You do this?
你做的吗
No, it wasn't me.
不,不是我
I talked to my boss.
我跟我上司谈过了
I can stick around for another couple of weeks
你过渡期间,我可以
while you transition back.
再留两周
You should get back to your family.
你该回你家人那里
Nah... Sarah's fine with it.
没事,萨拉不介意
The kids are, too.
孩子们也是
Gary, we've hardly spoken in ten years.
加里,我们都十年没怎么通话了
You've already gone above and beyond.
你已经做了很多了
All right. You want me to go?
好吧,你要我走吗
I'm fine.
我没事了
Thanks for everything.
多谢你做的一切
Okay.
好吧
I mean, I'm just a phone call and a plane ticket away.
有事打给我,我立刻坐飞机过来
Safe travels.
一路顺风
Take care.
保重
Hey, Gary, I...
加里
Send me some pictures of the kids.
给我寄点孩子的照片来
Yeah, I will.
嗯,好
But one of the things I admire about you
我欣赏你的一点
is that in Washington, DC,
是在华盛顿特区
which is so gridlocked, you get things done.
效率这么低的地方,你总能办成事
And I understand you've got, um, a new piece of legislation,
据我所知,你有一项新的法案
a major new initiative you're rolling out. What is it?
你要推出一项重要的新法案,是什么
That is correct.
没错
It's a new jobs program that we're calling America Works.
是一项新就业计划,《美国就业法案》
So it's a fantasy novel.
那么是奇幻小说喽
This is a fundamentally different look
这项法案从根本上
at how to solve the problem of unemployment.
重新审视了解决就业问题之道
It has the size and the scope of the New Deal.
它有罗斯福新政的规模和深度
So it's a socialist redistribution of wealth
那么说是社会主义的财富重新分配政策喽
the baby boomers will latch onto the millennials like a lamprey
让婴儿潮一带像七鳃鳗一样吸住千禧一代wherein
and just keep sucking until they're as dry as a crouton?
一直到把他们吸干为止
This is about putting people to work
这项法案旨在促进就业
and avoiding the entitlements entirely.
完全避免福利政策
Well, I like the sound of that.
这我喜欢
So what, we're gonna privatize Social Security
怎么,我们要让私营公司经营社保
and then raise revenue by hunting the elderly for sport?
然后靠把老人赶尽杀绝提高税收吗
Good plan. Use that. No, as I said,
好计划,就这么办, 不,我说了
this is a fundamentally different approach entirely.
这是一种全新的方式
And you think that the Republicans
你觉得国会的
in Congress will cooperate with you?
共和党人会配合你吗
Oh, I think that it has been proved
我想事实已经证明
that both parties want the same thing.
两党的心愿是一致的
A new president in 2016?
2016年换个总统吗
No. No, I think actually, I think unemployment, eradicating it,
不,我认为,彻底根除失业
and I think a strong economy is something both parties want.
和强盛的经济,是两党共同的愿望
Okay, speaking of everyone,
好吧,说到大家的心愿
there's a recent poll by Reuters.
路透社最近做了一项民调
I wanna get this right. It says that eight out of ten Americans
我要说对了,结果显示,十分之八的美国人
agree that you lack, quote, "Effectiveness and leadership."
都认为你,缺乏"效率和领导能力"
Uh, look, I don't let polls like that bother me.
听我说,我不为这样的民调操心
I think that once the nation sees AmWorks in action,
我觉得等国人看到《美就法》执行
they will change their attitudes.
他们的态度就会转变
I'm sorry, "AmWorks?"
什么, "《美就法》"
I'm sorry-I didn't realize it was called AmWorks.
抱歉,我还不知道是叫这么个名字呢
Is that like Amway? Is it a pyramid scheme?
听着像安利啊,是传销吗
Is that what you're selling the American people?
这就是你向美国人民兜售的吗
No, it's actually just an abbreviation to make it easier to say.
不,只是个缩略语,说起来方便
Well, if you make it small enough,
如果缩得够小
uh, maybe it'll be easier to swallow.
或许咽回去就更轻松了
You know, even though you're a Democrat, I respect you.
要知道,虽然你是民主党人,我还是尊重你
But let's just take a look at the facts here for a second.
但我们先看看事实
You've been president for six months,
你才做了六个月的总统
and again, I wanna get this right,
我还是...要说对了
unemployment has gone up,
失业率上涨了
our trade deficit with China has increased,
我们与中国的贸易逆差也上涨了
the number of vetoes has skyrocketed.
否决数也大幅激增
I'm not entirely sure that I'm confident
我不太确信
that you'll be able to eradicate unemployment the same way
你能像根除你的支持率那样
you've been able to eradicate your approval polls.
有效地根除失业
What, you know, what do you--
要知道...
How are you going to get it across to the American people?
你打算怎样让美国人民信服啊
Doug?
道格
Seth?
赛斯
Yeah, it's me.
嗯,是我
Mrs. Underwood, she gave me this phone, but--
安德伍德夫人,她给了我这部手机...
I know. Is something wrong?
我知道,有什么问题吗
No. I want to speak to the president.
没有,我想找总统
Is it urgent?
急事吗
I want to talk to him about the America Works program.
我想跟他谈《美国就业法案》的事
So nothing urgent.
那就不是急事喽
It's not an emergency, no.
对,不紧急
'Cause that's what this phone is for.
因为这电话是仅供紧急情况
Will you pass on my message?
你能转达下我的请求吗
You're late.
你来迟了
I switched cabs three times.
我换了三辆出租车
Were you being followed? Didn't want to take chances.
你被人跟踪了吗, 不想抱侥幸心理
You know why I asked you here.
你知道我叫你来做什么
I don't know where she is.
我不知道她在哪
Then you need to find out.
那你就给我找到
I ran her social, her name,
我查了她的社保号,名字
police records, taxes, everything.
警方记录,税务记录,都查了
She could be tossed in a ditch by a john for all I know.
她说不定被哪个嫖客丢在阴沟里了
You work at the FBI. What do I get in return?
你在联调局工作, 有我什么好处
My protection, like you asked.
我的保护,如你所说
I thought you had something to offer. Something real.
我以为你真有什么,货真价实的东西
Like money?
钱吗
Like getting me out of the Bureau.
比如帮我脱离联调局
You make that happen, maybe I can help you.
你实现这一点,我或许能帮你
That was a condition, for your charges being dropped.
说好的条件是撤销对你的指控
See, you don't still know people.
瞧,你现在没人脉了
I shouldn't have even come here.
我就不该来
I am your only safety net.
我是你唯一的安全保障
You think I would have turned over all the AT&T records
你以为我会交出那些美国电话电报公司的记录
without leaving a backup with somebody?
而不给谁留个备份吗
I'm not gonna blow my get-out-of-jail card on a wild goose chase.
我不会为了无用功报销我的免牢金牌
Does anyone suspect anything?
有人起疑吗
At the Bureau?
联调局那边
Nobody has a clue about her.
没人知道她
If that gives you any peace of mind.
如果能让你安心的话
Doug?
道格
Tell him it's urgent.
告诉他是急事
We're aiming for sometime in May.
我们希望能安排在五月
As soon as we agree on a date with the Russian delegation,
我们一跟俄国代表团敲定日期
you will be the first to know. Uh, Greg.
就马上告诉你,格雷格
The Summit with Petrov here in Washington,
与佩特罗夫在华盛顿的峰会
what'll be the focus of the talks?
会谈重点将是什么
A bilateral approach to the Middle East.
对中东采取的双边政策
As you know, the Palestinians have refused to negotiate
你也知道,以色列军队不撤离约旦河谷
until Israeli troops leave the Jordan Valley.
巴勒斯坦就拒绝谈判
We hope to address this with President Petrov
我们希望与佩特罗夫总统商议此事
so that we can move on to a whole host of other issues.
也好继续谈很多其他问题
Sara.
萨拉
So this bilateral approach doesn't include Israel and Palestine.
那么这项政策的商议不包含以色列和巴勒斯坦
The State Department is briefing all interested parties.
国务院在向所有相关方做简报
The summit's really just a first step. Ayla.
峰会只是第一步,艾拉
I'd like to change course to the America Works program.
我想就《美国就业法案》提问
Please.
请问
I've spoken to a number of the president's policy advisors,
我采访了多位总统政策顾问
who say there's been a lot of disagreement on the economic team
他们说经济团队在这项就业计划
as to exactly what form this jobs package should take.
该采取何种形式方面有很多分歧
Which advisors? Nice try.
哪些顾问, 想得美
To be clear, this is far more than just a jobs package.
我要说明,这并不仅仅是一项就业计划
It is a comprehensive plan,
是一项全面的计划
which aims at full employment within two years.
其目的是两年内实现全面就业
So as such, there are a lot of details to be worked out.
就此而言,还有很多细节问题有待解决
So your sources are inaccurate.
所以你的消息来源不准确
It's not so much a disagreement
并非是什么分歧
as it is debating the finer points of the plan. Jess.
而是就计划细节进行辩论,杰西
Just to follow up. What are some of the finer points?
我想再追问一句,都有些什么细节问题
Or the broad strokes, even.
甚至是计划大致是如何
No one from the White House has said anything.
白宫没有任何人透露任何信息
When we have a plan to present, we will present it.
等我们能拿出计划,我们就会拿出来
Jess?
杰西
Is America Works a reaction
《美国就业法案》是否是
to the president's low approval ratings?
针对总统低支持率的举措
An effort to offer some sign of progress ramping up to the elections? It has nothing to do with the approval ratings.
为给竞选造势,而向民众展现政绩
But as for the election... uh, whose turn is it to ask today?
但至于选举,今天该谁问了
Mark? Is the president running in 2016?
马克, 总统会参加2016年竞选吗
Today, the priority is good government, but...
今天,重点是好好执政,但是...
Ask me again tomorrow.
明天接着问吧
Thank you, everyone.
谢谢大家
We've got a window at ten.
10点钟有个空窗
I'll call him now.
我这就打给他
Please, sit down.
请坐
John. Samantha.
约翰,萨曼莎
You spoke to a journalist about disagreements in this room?
你们跟记者说我们这屋里出现的分歧了吗
If that happens again, you're off the team.
再发生一次,你们就走人吧
And speaking of the disagreements in this room,
说到这屋里出现的分歧
we now have an even bigger one,
我们现在出现了更大的分歧
because Remy has shown me your work so far and...
雷米给我看了你们目前的成果
it's toothless.
无力
I stood in this room three months ago
我三个月前站在这间屋子里
and gave you all very clear direction.
给你们下达了明确的指令
Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid,
社会保险,医疗保险,医疗补助
every entitlement program that is sucking us dry,
所有这些在吸干国库的福利项目
I want it all on the table.
全都放在桌上
And this doesn't go nearly far enough.
这还远远不够
So we obviously have to get back to some basics.
所以我们显然是得回到一些基本问题上了
Remind ourselves of some of the facts that are before us--
回顾一些摆在我们面前的事实
Sir, if I may-- No, no, no, no.
先生,我能... 不不不
I will speak first, and then you will speak, Paul.
我先说,然后你再说,保罗
This is what the average senior citizen gets,
这是国民一年平均从福利项目
one year from entitlements,
得到的数额
whether they were a janitor or they ran a hedge fund.
不管是清洁工,还是对冲基金经理
That-This money is a job
这笔钱,就是一份
we could be giving to a single mother
我们本可给一位单身母亲
or a student just out of school.
或应届毕业生的工作
Now, at the moment,
现在呢
44 cents of every tax dollar goes to pay for these programs.
每一元的税中有44美分流向了这些项目
By 2030, it'll be over half, 62 cents.
到2030年,就将超过一半, 62美分
Entitlements are bankrupting us.
福利项目在让国家破产
Now, I had Remy conduct a little poll.
我让雷米进行了一项民调
Statement posed was: "Doing what's best for my country
提出陈述为, "做对国家有益的事
means doing some things that I don't like."
等于做我不喜欢的事"
Seventy-four percent agreed with this statement.
74%的人认同这一陈述
Seventy-four percent. Now, what does that tell us?
74% 这说明什么
We have to do the things that people won't like.
我们必须做人们不会喜欢的事
And even when we do,
即便我们做了
three out of four of them will go along with us.
也会有四分之三的人支持我们
And why? Because we're promising jobs.
为什么,因为我们能保证就业
And again, where are the three areas
再说一遍,我们要在哪三个领域
that we're gonna be creating these jobs from?
创造就业呢
Infrastructure at the state and federal level.
州和联邦基础建设项目
Increasing the size of the military,
扩大军队
and working with our friends in the private sector to start--
并与私营部门合作
I'm sorry, sir, but I have to interrupt.
抱歉,先生,我必须打断
The programs that you want to scale back or dismantle
你要削减或砍掉的项目
are the bedrock of the American dream.
是美国梦的基石啊
You work hard, you pay your taxes--
工作努力,交税
No, I'm sorry, they were the bedrock of the American dream.
不,抱歉,那曾是美国梦的基石
But they're not anymore.
但现在不是了
Certainly not for the ten million people who are out of work.
尤其是对那失业的一千万人来说
But practically speaking, a thousand special interests,
但从实际角度出发,数千特殊利益群体
organized labor, opposition in both parties.
工会,两党都有反对声音
Now, we can do a version of what you're proposing--
我们可以就你的提议折中一下...
I don't want a version.
我不要折中
I want a vision.
我要远大愿景
As head of this team, and I think I speak for everyone,
作为团队领袖,我认为我可以代表所有人说
we have done-- Speaking as the president,
我们已经... 作为总统
who chose this team and for whom it works,
我选择了这支团队,你们为我工作
I want five hundred billion dollars
我要拿到五千亿美元
to put ten million people to work.
给一千万民众工作
I don't care how much it hurts.
我不管这多让人肉疼
I don't care how controversial it is.
我不管这有多具争议性
Your job is to find a way.
你们的职责,就是找出办法
It's my job to convince Congress and the American people.
说服国会和美国人民是我的工作
Your job is not to sell me on your version of my program.
你们的工作不是向我推销你们的妥协方案
Now, are we all clear on what our jobs are?
大家都清楚自己该做什么了吗
Good, because I want to present this proposal
很好,因为我要在30天内
to leadership in 30 days.
向领导层呈递这份提议
Let's make it happen. Paul?
我们实现这个目标吧, 保罗
Your services are no longer needed. Excuse me?
我们不再需要你了, 什么
Let's keep it quiet, let's keep it cordial.
别声张,保持和气
Thanks for all your work. I'll get my things.
多谢你的辛劳, 我去收拾东西
I'll have them sent down to you in the lobby.
我会叫人给你送到大厅的
Hello?
Yeah. I'm on my way.
好的,马上就来
God!
天啊
God!
天啊
It'll be a few minutes. Please, have a seat.
请您稍等几分钟,请坐
How long have you known? Two months.
你知道多久了, 两个月
It hasn't impaired my judgment on the bench.
我作为法官的能力尚未受到影响
And it's early on.
而且目前只是早期
We don't expect any real symptoms for quite some time.
还要一段时间才会有一些明显的症状
I won't be wandering around the Supreme Court
暂时我还不会穿着
in my boxer shorts anytime soon.
短裤在最高法院乱晃
But I'd like to retire now, long before we get there.
但是我想现在就趁早退休,别到那一步
Well, Justice, I want to thank you for having the courage
大法官,我非常感谢你能有勇气来
to come and share this news with me.
告知我这个消息
Are you sure the diagnosis is correct?
你确定诊断无误吗
My doctor's the same that treated the Vice President's wife.
我的医生就是给副总统夫人看病的那位
He's the foremost Alzheimer's specialist in America.
他是美国最厉害的老年痴呆专家
Yes, I made Donald my vice president.
是的,我任命唐纳德为副总统了
I'd rather him be a pain in my ass here than over in Congress.
与其让他在国会惹事,不如放在身边
And even the Republicans
而且就算是共和党员
couldn't refuse a man who just buried his wife.
也不能拒绝刚刚经历丧妻之痛的人
Terrible how quickly Marjory went.
玛乔莉走得这么快真是可怕
I'm telling you this now
我现在就告诉你
so you have time to think about candidates
这样你就有时间考虑一下人选
before I announce my retirement.
然后我再宣布退休
How much time can you give me? How much do you need?
你能给我多长时间, 你需要多长时间
I'm about to introduce America Works to Congress.
我正要向国会提出《美国就业法案》
It's sure to be an uphill battle.
肯定不会轻松
And I'd prefer not to add a Supreme Court nomination to the mix.
还是不要再加个最高法院法官提名来添乱了
The Republicans will just use it as leverage.
共和党肯定会拿这个当筹码
I've heard rumblings. Entitlements on the chopping block?
我听到了一些风声,要拿福利开刀吗
All the more reason to keep you on the bench.
所以更需要你继续坐镇
It's sure to be challenged in the Judiciary.
司法部肯定会提出异议
Mr. President, I want to spend as much time
总统先生,我想和我妻子
with my wife as possible
尽量多在一起
in the good years that I have left.
趁着我这两年还清醒
When Marjory was ill, she wanted the same thing.
玛乔莉确诊的时候,她也是这么想的
She left the Smithsonian, and you know what?
她离开了史密森尼学会,但是你知道吗
She hated every second of being at home, of not being productive,
她在家每一秒都很烦躁,因为不能做事了
of not doing what she loved.
不能从事自己热爱的事业
It made her time with us much harder, and...
她那段时间过得很艰难
it made her deeply unhappy.
也非常不开心
Work is the best distraction. I wish she hadn't retired.
工作是最好的调剂,我真希望她当时没退休
And, uh... before she lost her lucid thought,
而且,她头脑还清楚的时候
she said she regretted it, too.
她说她也很后悔
Can you give me six months? A year at the most? That's all.
能不能再坚持六个月,最多一年
Just enough time to get this program up and running
让我在应付最高法院的争斗之前
before I have to face a Supreme Court fight.
能有时间让这个法案顺利开展
I need to think it over. Oh, of course.
我得考虑考虑, 当然
Speak to your wife. I'll walk you out.
和你夫人商量一下, 我送你出去
I better get that research center. Yes, a deal is a deal.
研究中心尽快给我落实, 说话算话
Now, good God, Donald, let's get something done.
上帝啊,唐纳德,咱们赶紧干活儿吧
Now you see why Donald said yes.
现在你知道为什么唐纳德会同意了
He may hate my guts,
他虽恨我入骨
but there's nothing like a death in the family
但是再没什么比家庭成员去世
to separate the wheat from the bullshit.
更能让人识时务了
Send him in.
让他进来吧
Yes, sir.
是,先生
The president is ready to see you now.
总统可以见你了
Doug.
道格
Mr. President.
总统先生
The doctor told me your recovery is going very well.
医生告诉我你恢复得很好
Yeah. Well, there's this.
是啊,就是要用这个
But everything else is as good as new.
别的地方都恢复如初
It's great to see you.
见到你真是太好了
Claire and I have been worried sick about you.
克莱尔和我担心得要死
Thank you for the gifts.
谢谢你们的礼物
For looking out for me.
也谢谢你们的照顾
I don't have that many close friends. I count you among them.
我没多少亲密的朋友,你是其中之一
I appreciate your saying that, sir.
我很感激你这么说,先生
Oh, drop the "Sir." We're old pals.
别叫我先生,我们是老朋友了
Well...
I'm the one who should apologize.
我才应该道歉
You gave me another chance. You trusted me.
你又给了我个机会,你相信我
And what happened, I take responsibility for that.
这一切我一人承担
No, for putting you in that position.
让你陷入那种处境
Stop. It's not necessary.
别,没这必要
I endangered you just as-- Yeah, but all I care about
我让你身陷危机, 没错,但我只在乎
is that you are alive and getting better.
你还活着,在逐渐恢复
Let the rest of it go.
其它的都过去吧
You know how devoted I am. You don't have to say it.
你知道我多忠心, 这不用你说
You proved it time and time again.
你一次又一次地证明了自己
Now, come on, come on, sit down.
来,坐下
Right here.
坐在这儿
I should've taken care of her when I had the chance.
当初有机会时我就该解决了她
I haven't found her yet.
我还没找到她
But when I do, I'll make sure that no one else does.
等我找到她,一定确保别人再找不到
You can count on that, sir.
我向你保证,先生
How is it, uh...?
你打算怎么办...
Probably better if we don't talk about it.
我不告诉你可能比较好
Right, of course.
嗯,是啊
Well, they told me you needed to see me.
他们说你要见我
Well, sir, I... I know that it's a lot to ask,
先生,我知道这要求很过分
and that I probably don't deserve it,
我给我们惹了这么大麻烦
considering the mess I put us in.
我或许也不配
And I'm sure you have your doubts.
你肯定也有顾虑
I realize it couldn't be anything too visible, but...
我知道我不能明目张胆,但...
I've been following everything with America Works.
我一直在跟进《美国就业法案》的报道
Well, that's a ways off.
这扯哪去了
But I was thinking that I could help.
我觉得我能帮上忙
There should be a targeted plan for lobbying committee leadership.
游说委员会领导层应该有明确目标
And I can work with the political team,
我能配合政治团队
coordinate with House leg directors, chiefs of staff--
协调国会立法主任和幕僚长
I was in Gaffney yesterday, visiting my father's grave.
我昨天去了加夫尼给我父亲扫墓
He never took care of himself.
他从不好好照顾自己
He ignored his heart problems and... he paid the price.
不顾自己心脏有病,最终付出代价
You have to respect your own mortality, Doug.
你得尊重自己终有一死的命运,道格
I don't want to be standing over your grave.
我不想给你收尸
Now, look...
告诉你...
There is a place for you here, I promise.
我保证你在这里会有一席之地
But we have to go about this slowly.
但心急吃不了热豆腐
I'll work from home. Only direct contact with you or Remy.
我在家工作,只跟你和雷米直接接触
You know the way that you can help me the best
要知道你帮我的最好办法
is to do exactly what you're doing right now,
就是好好恢复身体
focusing on your recovery.
不要分心
I would never forgive myself
如果我操之过急
if I put too much on your plate too soon.
让你压力太大,我绝不会原谅自己
You're right.
没错
I'm sorry.
抱歉
Thank you.
谢谢
I'm sorry, I have to go.
抱歉,我得走了
But look, I meant what I said.
但我说的都是真心话
When you are truly ready.
等你准备好了再说
Yes, sir.
是,先生
Stay as long as you like.
你想待多久待多久
Three hours ago, we pinpointed him here,
三小时前,我们定位到
in the Shabwa region of Yemen.
他在也门的夏卜瓦省
Cooperation?
配合方面呢
I spoke to the foreign minister a few minutes ago.
我几分钟前和外交部长谈过
Civilians? Two dozen, non-IDs.
有多少平民, 二十几个,不明身份
That's too many.
太多了
Our concern is that he could be on the move at any moment.
我们担心他可能随时离开
Sir, with Petrov coming to Washington--
先生,鉴于佩特罗夫要来华盛顿...
It's taken us two years to track Abdullah down.
我们花了两年才找到阿卜杜拉
We can't ignore every opportunity between now and the summit.
不能为了峰会就放弃一切机会
Do you have eyes on the village?
你们看到村子情况了吗
Yes, sir.
是的,先生
He's in this building here.
他就在这栋房子里
Kill zone is anyone within 50 meters.
50米内不留活口
If we take him out with no civilian casualties,
如果没有平民伤亡就能除掉他
I'll authorize the strike.
我就同意这次袭击
Sir, if I may, I really think--
先生,恕我冒昧,我真心认为
President Petrov is coming to Washington in less than two months.
还有不到两个月佩特罗夫总统就将来访华盛顿
Our entire Middle East policy hinges on that meeting.
我们整个中东政策都靠这次峰会
We don't want to give the Muslim community any viable reasons
如果可能,我们不想给穆斯林社会任何
to obstruct things if we can avoid it.
阻挠进程的借口
So find a way to do this without killing civilians.
想办法不杀死平民就除掉他
Thank you all very much.
非常感谢各位
May I have a moment? It's about Claire.
能单独谈会儿吗,是克莱尔的事
If your husband nominates you, I can't pull any punches.
如果你丈夫提名你,我不会手下留情的
Lack of experience. Nepotism.
没经验,任人唯亲
That's right.
没错
And you think I'm a dilettante.
你觉得我太业余
No. But plenty of people will.
不,但很多人会这么认为
I've been preparing since Francis took office.
打从弗兰西斯一就职我就在准备了
What I lack in experience I'll make up for in work ethic.
经验的缺乏我会用职业道德补上
Why Ambassador to the UN?
为什么要当联合国大使
You wield far more influence as the First Lady.
你作为第一夫人有更大的影响力
That's not the same as contributing in a concrete way.
那和切实地去做贡献不一样
If we vote down your confirmation,
如果我们投票否决了你
are you comfortable with that sort of public embarrassment?
你能接受在公众面前丢面子吗
I know that's a risk.
我知道有这风险
You're running in 2016, right? No comment.
你2016年会竞选吧, 无可奉告
Francis and I are impressed
弗兰西斯和我都惊讶于
by how the Republicans are consolidating around you.
共和党人如此支持你
You'll make a good candidate.
你会是一个优秀的候选人
Not by linking arms with the president's wife.
但不能和总统夫人勾结
If I'm a disaster, it makes for a good campaign ad.
如果我搞砸了,这会是有力的竞选广告
If I do a good job, nobody can fault you.
如果我做得好,那你更是无可指摘
Either way, it doesn't hurt your chances in 2016.
无论如何这都不会影响你2016的竞选
Well, I appreciate you coming by before going public.
我很感激你在公布消息前先来找我
It is classy, and thoughtful.
很有风度也很周到
I won't actively block you.
我不会故意阻碍你的
The rest is on your shoulders.
剩下就靠你自己努力了
Thank you, Senator.
谢谢,参议员
Tell the president I'm doing this out of respect to you.
告诉总统我这么做是出于对你的敬意
Frank's still on my shit list till I beat him in the general.
我在普选上打败弗兰克前,他都会在我黑名单上
I will.
好的
Why didn't you come right away?
你怎么不立刻过来
I had a meeting I couldn't miss.
我有个会面不能错过
Fucking Washington.
该死的华盛顿
This is gonna hurt. I know.
会有些疼, 我知道
Here's some Percocet. It'll help with the pain.
这是扑热息痛,能止痛
I'll write you a 30-day prescription.
我给你开个30天的处方
I can't.
我不能
I'm not supposed to-- What was that?
我不能... 什么
Nothing.
没事
All right. You're good to go.
好了,你可以走了
How did it go with Mendoza? Well, I think.
和门多萨谈得如何, 我觉得还不错
He'll support you?
他会支持你吗
He won't openly fight it.
他不会公开反对
Well, that is a big step forward.
那可以一大进步
How did it go with Doug? No real news.
道格说了什么, 没什么新消息
Hey, are you in here again tonight?
你今晚还要在这里睡吗
I'm still getting over this cold. I don't want to get you sick.
我感冒还没好,不想传染给你
Well, don't stay up with all that too late.
好吧,别做事做得太晚了
Francis?
弗兰西斯
When do we announce the nomination?
我们什么时候公布提名
Listen, I wasn't gonna bring this up tonight,
听着,我今晚本来不想谈这事
but you should know that there are some serious doubts
可你得知道国务院那边
from people at the State Department.
有很多疑虑
You mean Cathy.
你是说凯茜
And some on her staff.
还有她的一些手下
Like what?
什么样的疑虑
Well, in over your head, wearing two hats, the obvious things.
就是"能力不足""身兼两职"之类的
And are you saying this because you don't want to move forward?
你是不是不想这么做了才这么说
Not at all. I'm sharing with you so you fully understand
当然不是,我告诉你,是希望你完全明白
what you're getting into.
你要面对的情况
And I do.
我明白
Maybe we shouldn't rush this.
或许我们不该着急
You're having doubts now, too. I didn't say that.
你现在也有疑虑了, 我可没这么说
Only you should put more thought into whether
只是你该多考虑考虑这么做
this is the right move for you. That's all.
是否对你合适,就是这样
Good night, Francis.
晚安,弗兰西斯
Feel better.
早日康复
Francis.
弗兰西斯
I want you to announce the nomination this week.
我想你这周宣布提名的消息
I don't want to wait. The timing will never be good.
我不想等了,没有什么好时机
And I don't want to waste time
我明明能积攒实战经验
when I can be getting real experience under my belt.
何必要浪费时间呢
So set a date, hold a press conference, and let's do it.
定个日子举办新闻发布会吧
Claire!
克莱尔
I was not trying to suggest that you not be the ambassador
我提到凯茜并不是说我认为
when I brought up Cathy. I was just--
你不该当大使,我只是...
We made a deal,
我们早说好了
and now you're trying to back away from it.
现在你却要食言了
That is not true. Then you would've told Cathy
不是这样的, 那你就会告诉凯茜
it's happening to make her peace with that.
事情就是这样,让她接受
It's not that simple. Yes, it is.
没那么简单, 就是那么简单
You're the president. I can't control Congress.
你是总统, 我不能控制国会
I'm trying to get two major initiatives off the ground
我想启动两项重要项目
and every move I make will have an effect.
我的每一步行动都将产生影响
We agreed to this before we ever stepped foot in this house.
我们早在走进白宫之前就已经说定了
I know what we agreed to. How am I supposed to run for office
我知道我们说定了, 如果我没有
at some point if I don't have a legitimate track record?
令人信服的资历,日后我怎么竞选总统
We have to survive the next 18 months,
我们必须撑过接下来这18个月
accomplish something, and then look ahead.
取得点成绩,再说后面的事
Francis, let's be realistic.
弗兰西斯,我们还是现实一点
There's no guarantee you'll get elected.
你能否当选总统完全是没准的事
I need to be prepared if you don't.
如果你落选,我得有所准备
You have that much faith in me, do you?
你对我还真是有信心啊
More faith than you have in me, it seems.
看来比你对我的信心要大
I believe in you more than anyone, Claire.
我相信你胜过任何人,克莱尔
Then show it. Nominate me.
那表现出来,提名我
I shouldn't have to convince you.
别让我再费口舌说服你
It's not about convincing.
不是说不说服的事
It's about being honest about the political climate
而是我们得看清当下的政治气候
that we find ourselves-- I'm almost 50 years old.
我们现在的处境, 我快要年过半百了
I've been in the passenger seat for decades.
几十年来我一直当你的贤内助
It's time for me to get behind the wheel.
也该让我自主一回了
That needs to start now. Before the election.
必须现在就开始着手,赶在大选之前
Because who knows what will happen?
因为谁知道那时会发生什么
What if you lose?
万一你输了呢
I will not be a placeholder president, Claire.
我不会只当个填座总统的,克莱尔
I will win. And I will leave a legacy.
我一定会赢,我会名垂青史
You mean we will.
你是说我们会名垂青史
Excuse me, sir.
打扰了,先生
The Secretary of Defense is on the line. He says it's urgent.
国防部长来电,他说有要事
Yes?
什么事
Okay.
好的
I'm coming.
我这就去
Not until I get there.
等我到了再开始
I'll be right down. Yes, sir.
我马上下去, 好的,先生
Get dressed. I want you to see something.
穿好衣服,我有东西要给你看
Come in.
进来
Here. Thank you.
给, 多谢
Okay, great.
那好
Get undressed.
去脱吧
How did this happen?
这是怎么回事
Doesn't matter.
不重要
Let me help you.
我来帮你
I'll... I'll do it.
让我来
I'll be gentle.
我会小心的
Don't be gentle.
不用小心
Like that?
像这样吗
Yeah.
没错
What the fuck? It's bourbon.
搞什么鬼, 是波本
I-- That's all. It's just bourbon.
我, 只是波本而已
Take it. I really don't want to.
拿着, 我真不想
Nothing's going through the skin.
不是用来注射的
I just want you to squirt it...
我只是想让你
into my mouth.
把酒射进我嘴里
Okay? Please.
好吗,拜托了
Is that our target? Yes, sir.
那是目标吗, 是的,先生
Mr. President, this is a highly classified operation--
总统先生,这次行动是高度机密
I'm clearing the First Lady for this operation.
我授权第一夫人在场旁观行动
Yes, sir. Forgive me, sir.
好的,请原谅,先生
We are armed and ready, sir.
随时准备发射,先生
Abdullah is in one of those vehicles.
阿卜杜拉就在那些车辆中
We can't tell which one.
具体哪一辆我们还不清楚
If they go in three different directions,
如果他们兵分三路行动的话
we wouldn't know where to strike,
我们将不知道该摧毁哪一路
and if he makes it back to the mountains,
如果让他逃回山中
we'll lose our satellite track on him.
我们的卫星就追踪不到他了
Are those children?
那些是孩子吗
I can't say definitely, sir, but they could be.
我不能确定,先生,但有这个可能
Do we have authorization, sir?
可以发动打击吗,先生
Proceed. Proceed with the launch.
行动吧, 执行打击
And ten seconds.
倒计时10秒
And five, four, three...
五四三
Target is destroyed, sir.
目标已摧毁,先生
Thank you, everyone.
谢谢各位
I still want it.
我还是要提名
All right.
那好吧
All right. Jobs Act)
那好吧,

重点单词   查看全部解释    
nepotism ['nepətizəm]

想一想再看

n. 裙带关系,任人唯亲

联想记忆
prosecution [.prɔsi'kju:ʃən]

想一想再看

n. 实行,经营,起诉

联想记忆
authorize ['ɔ:θəraiz]

想一想再看

vt. 授权,批准,委托代替

 
fell [fel]

想一想再看

动词fall的过去式
n. 兽皮
v

联想记忆
campaign [kæm'pein]

想一想再看

n. 运动,活动,战役,竞选运动
v. 从事运

联想记忆
lucid ['lu:sid]

想一想再看

adj. 明白易懂的,清晰的,神智清醒的

联想记忆
devastated ['devəsteitid]

想一想再看

adj. 毁坏的;极为震惊的 v. 毁坏;摧毁(deva

 
obstruct [əb'strʌkt]

想一想再看

v. 阻隔,妨碍,阻塞

联想记忆
convince [kən'vins]

想一想再看

vt. 使确信,使信服,说服

联想记忆
eradicate [i'rædikeit]

想一想再看

v. 根除,扑减,根绝

联想记忆


关键字: 美剧 第三季 纸牌屋

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。