Raising the age of retirement
提高退休年龄
is an unacceptable erosion of the American Dream.
是对美国梦不可容忍的侵蚀
If the Republicans fail to pass a reasonable Omnibus package
如果共和党无法通过福利改革
by demanding entitlement reform,
达成合理的综合解决方案
they will force the federal government into a spending freeze.
就会迫使联邦政府冻结开销
The frostbite will be on their hands. Not ours.
冻疮会长在他们手上,不是我们手上
Do you think that's a bit much? The frostbite bit?
这句是不是有点过了,冻疮那句
Well, it's the State of the Union, sir.
这是国情咨文,先生
We want to appeal to the flyover states.
我们想争取中部各州的赞同
They'll like that line.
他们会喜欢那句话的
I want something more forceful.
我想要点更有力的句子
Blood on their hands?
他们手上沾满血
No.
不行
Throw us back into the ice age.
把我们丢回冰河纪
I like that, Christina. Let's try that.
我喜欢那句,克里斯蒂娜,我们试试
Linda. Christina, you come up here, too.
琳达,克里斯蒂娜,你也过来
There are two types of vice presidents.
世上有两种副总统
Doormats and matadors.
受气包和斗牛士
Which do you think I intend to be?
你觉得我想做那种呢
Raymond.
雷蒙德
He's hung up on the domestic agenda.
他在为内政操心
Not a single word about China.
一句关于中国的话也没说
His instincts are right.
他的直觉是对的
If the government shuts down one day after the speech,
如果政府在演讲后第二天关门
not a single word in the speech matters.
他讲了什么就完全不重要了
We have to address the freeze now.
我们得马上解决冻结开销的问题
China comes later.
中国的事得靠后
Both parties have been wrangling over entitlements for months.
两党为了改革的事吵了几个月了
What makes you think a miracle
未来三天里
is gonna happen in the next three days?
怎么可能出现奇迹
We give the Republicans exactly what they want.
我们给共和党他们想要的
Retirement age?
退休年龄
Yes.
对
That's a line in the sand we cannot cross.
那是不可跨越的界限
We will cross it eventually, so why keep fighting it?
我们最终还是得跨,所以何必争下去呢
I can push this through the Senate.
我可以推动参议院通过法案
And once I do, the president will announce
一旦我做到,总统就能在国情咨文中
a major bipartisan agreement in the State of the Union.
宣布两党达成了一项重要协议
We avoid a government shutdown,
我们避免了政府关门
and the White House gets credit.
而功劳归白宫
It's a huge risk.
太冒险了
And if it fails, a huge embarrassment.
一旦失败,会颜面扫地
The embarrassment will be entirely my own.
那也是丢我的脸
This is on my shoulders.
这事我来担
Even so, the president is gonna require some serious persuasion.
即使如此,也不好说服总统
I'm happy to talk to him.
我去跟他谈
No. No. I'll do it.
别,我来吧
He'll be more amenable if it comes from a friend.
朋友去说,他更容易接受
You're right. A trusted confidant.
没错,可信的密友
Let me test the waters.
我去试试水吧
The Cult of Tusk. Membership: one.
塔斯克党,成员,一人
But that one disciple just so happens to be
不过那个信徒恰好是
the most powerful man in the free world.
自由世界最有权力的人
For now.
至少目前还是
The entitlements. Raising the age of eligibility to 67.
福利改革,把退休年龄提到67岁
Your people will never go for it.
你们那边不会同意的
They will if the leadership does.
领导层同意,他们就会点头
And the leadership will.
而领导层会同意的
They fought us on this since I was in diapers.
我还没断奶时这事就是两党的争议焦点
Assuming that I can get this past my people and convince them,
假如我能说服我党同意提高退休年龄
can you convince yours?
你能说服你那边吗
It's a tough sell.
这很困难
You're the Senate majority leader, Hector.
你是参议院多数党领袖,赫克特
You don't have to sell. You can dictate.
你不需要游说,可以直接命令
What do you want in return?
你想要什么回报
A working government. We stave off the freeze.
一个正常运转的政府,避免开销冻结
You won on education.
你在《教育法案》上赢了
We confirmed you as vice president.
我们让你当上了副总统
The Republicans need a win, Frank.
共和党需要赢一次,弗兰克
And that's what I'm offering.
我就是在提供赢的机会
You get a win on entitlements.
你们在福利改革上赢了
We avoid a shutdown.
我们避免了关门
Everyone gets points for bipartisanship.
两党合作,双方都得分
You know who I'm worried about.
你知道我担心谁
Curtis Haas.
柯蒂斯·哈斯
He's a troublemaker, Frank.
他是个麻烦,弗兰克
Who controls a third of your caucus.
还控制了你三分之一的党内成员
And he'll never go for this.
他绝不会同意的
He wants to see the Democrats suffer.
他就想看民主党不好过
Just bring him to the table.
让他考虑一下
That's all I'm asking.
我只求这个
Miss Gallagher? My name is Lucas Goodwin.
盖拉格小姐,我叫卢卡斯·古德温
I'm a deputy editor at the Washington Herald.
我是《华盛顿先驱报》的副主编
Mr. Goodwin, please.
古德温先生,拜托了
Just a few moments. That's all I'm asking.
只需要几分钟,我不求别的
If I wanted to talk to you, I would have returned your calls.
如果我想跟你说话,就会回你的电话
Did you read my emails?
你读过我的邮件吗
Yes. Which is why I didn't call.
读了,所以我没联系你
Give me a chance to walk you through it.
请给我个机会解释
I have to get back to the White House.
我得赶回白宫
I'm sorry. Peter Russo was killed.
抱歉, 彼得·罗素是被杀害的
Let go.
放手
So was Zoe Barnes. I was working with her.
佐伊·巴恩斯也是,我跟她是同事
Stop and listen --
住口,听我说...
Frank Underwood is the one who did this.
弗兰克·安德伍德是幕后黑手
Listen! This is nuts.
听着,这是一派胡言
The DUI. The brack hearing. All of it was part of --
酒驾记录,听证会,所有都是...
This has to stop. Okay?
你不能再这样了,好吗
Did Underwood talk to you?
安德伍德找过你了吗
Tell you not to speak with anybody? No.
让你不要和别人说这些事吗, 没有
Doug Stamper?
道格·斯坦普吗
Whatever you think happened,
无论你以为发生了什么
whatever compelled you to stalk me like this --
无论是什么让你这样跟踪我...
You're the only person who might know something,
你是唯一可能知道点什么的人
who could understand.
能理解得了的人
I've got -I've got no one else I can talk --
我没有别人可以说这事了
I don't understand. And I don't want to.
我不理解,也不想理解
Okay? There's no story here.
行吗,这里面没什么内情
Please, just five minutes.
拜托了,只要五分钟
Just think about what you're doing.
想想你自己的行为
Waiting outside of a building --
守在楼外
Peter would still be alive if it wasn't for Frank Underwood.
如果不是弗兰克·安德伍德,彼得可能还活着
I've worked really hard to put Peter behind me.
我花了很大力气忘记彼得的事
So if I see you again, if I hear from you again,
如果我再看到你,你再来找我
I'll not only contact the police,
我不仅会报警
I'll let the vice president know what you're saying about him,
还会让副总统知道你在对他说三道四
and then you can deal with the Secret Service, too.
到时候你就等着特勤局来找上门吧
It's the usual overseas chatter. Bit of a bum in China,
都是正常的海外声音,中国那边有些杂音
but we chalk that up to the trade tensions.
但我们觉得原因在贸易紧张
Secret Service.
特勤局
Average number of death threats to both POTUS and the VP.
总统和副总统收到的死亡威胁数正常
We passed them along to our dear friends at the FBI.
我们都交给了联调局的好伙伴们
FBI?
联调局呢
The FBI confirms the level of activity
联调局向我们特勤局的
of our dear friends at the Secret Service.
好伙伴们确认了活动程度
We followed up on everything. No high-level threats.
我们全部进行了追踪调查,没有高级别的威胁
So nothing we need to report directly
我们没有需要直接
to the president or vice president?
向总统和副总统汇报的内容吗
No. Thank you, gentlemen.
没有, 谢谢,先生们
The email you sent. Has anyone else seen it?
你发的邮件还有别人看过吗
Except for the agent that alerted me, no.
除了告知我的特工外,没有了
Other agencies might have stumbled upon this.
其他机构可能会偶然看到
Even so, they probably ignored it.
即使如此,他们大概也不会在意
Any idea who's making the posts?
知道是谁发的帖子吗
Deep Web forums.
深网论坛
Almost impossible to trace. Lone wolf most likely.
几乎无法追踪,很可能就是一个人
I want you to find him.
我要你找到这个人
We need a direct threat to life.
得有对生命构成直接威胁的证据
The vice president just assumed office.
副总统刚刚上任
I can't have this conspiracy stuff going mainstream.
这类阴谋论绝不能甚嚣尘上
This sort of thing usually fizzles out -- I can't take the chance.
这类传言一般会渐渐平息, 我不能冒这个险
I want you to find him and put him away.
你去找到这个人,把他关起来
He hasn't committed a crime. But he wants to.
他并没犯罪, 但他有这个倾向
So help him.
那就来个推波助澜
That requires manpower.
那要耗费人力
You've got men.
你手里有人
It exposes me, Doug.
会暴露我的,道格
I've always kept you informed because you're an old pal
我一直给你透露消息,因为你是老朋友了
and I trust you. But...
我信任你,但...
We're talking about an operation.
你这是要我展开正式行动
I'm an old pal who now works at the White House.
我是你在白宫工作的老朋友
Between old pals,
老朋友之间说说
I've been stuck as the executive liaison for way too long.
我这个行政部门联络官已经当得太久了
How worried are you
您是否担心
that a mass shooting could happen in a school in your community?
您所在社区的学校内会发生大规模枪击事件
Great deal, somewhat, not so much,
非常担心,比较担心,不怎么担心
not at all, unsure?
完全不担心,还是不确定
You sound hot. Are you hot?
你的声音很性感嘛,人怎么样
Sir...
先生
Somewhat hot? A great deal hot?
比较性感,非常性感
Lynchburg Children's, Pediatric Division.
这里是林奇堡儿童医院小儿科
Can I talk to Cheryl Posner?
我找谢莉尔·波斯纳
Sorry. She's on duty right now.
抱歉,她正在值班
It's her daughter.
我是她女儿
Hold on one moment.
请稍候
Rachel? Rachel?
瑞秋,瑞秋吗
Sweetheart, are you there? Please, do--
甜心,你在听吗,请别...
Hello?
您好
Hello, Mr. Jay.
您好,杰伊先生
My name is Rachel
我叫瑞秋
and I'm calling on behalf of the National Firearm Education Center.
代表全国枪支教育中心向您致电
Would you be able to speak with me briefly
您能和我简单聊聊
regarding firearm legislation and Second Amendment legislation?
您对枪支立法和第二修正案的看法吗
So, you're Willa's top choice.
你就是薇拉力荐的人
Why should you be my husband's and my top choice?
那我丈夫和我为什么要选择你呢
Over the past 10 years
在过去十年中
the two of you combined have gotten less coverage
关于你们夫妇的报道加起来还不到
than the average junior congressman from Nebraska.
内布拉斯加州资浅众议员的平均水平
Well, we don't seek the spotlight.
我们不想太受瞩目
I'm not suggesting you should.
我不是说你们非要如此
But am I correct in assuming
但如果我没猜错
that your husband will be an active vice president?
你丈夫会是一位行事积极的副总统
It's harder to keep an active VP out of the press than in it,
想让媒体不去关注积极的副总统是比较难的
but it's possible if we give the media just enough
但我们可以让媒体刚好有些料可追
to keep them from starving.
不至于什么都拿不到
Where'd you grow up, Connor?
你在哪长大的,康纳
Texas. Just like you.
德州,和你一样
Dallas?
达拉斯吗
Lubbock.
拉布克
I had a much thicker accent to get rid of you than y'all.
我想改口音可比你们难多了
How do you know I had one?
你怎么知道我有口音
Your first joint interview,
你俩第一次共同接受采访
when your husband was running for state assembly in '86.
86年你丈夫竞选州议员时
That's on the internet?
网上有吗
No. No. I contacted the local affiliate in Greenville.
没有,我联系了格林维尔当地的电视台
They wouldn't send me the tapes via mail,
他们不愿邮寄录像带
so I went down there and watched in their vault.
我就亲自去资料库看了
To South Carolina?
跑到南卡罗莱纳吗
When I want a job, I do my homework.
应聘就得做好准备工作
I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
很期待你的表现
Thank you, Mrs. Underwood.
谢谢,安德伍德太太
Thursday.
周四见
I don't see how this is a victory for us.
这怎么能算胜利
Our choices are the freeze,
我们要么面临开销冻结
which the Democrats get blamed for, or --
民主党会为这个饱受责难
Not necessarily. The Republi--
不一定,共和...
No, which we definitely get blamed for.
我们也一样会受责难
Or we offer them -- Entitlements, Frank?
要么给他们, 福利改革吗,弗兰克
We took a stand. We can't turn back now.
我们已经表了态,不能回头了
I'd rather see the government grind to a halt.
我宁可让政府停转
Think of the headline:
如果头条是
"Democrat Leadership Enacts Entitlement Reform, Staves Off Freeze."
《民主党高层通过法案,避免开销冻结》
We show unity. We offer progress.
这是团结和进步的表现
Let's convert some lifelong conservatives.
我们说服几个中坚保守派吧
You have Mendoza's assurance he'll work with us?
门多萨答应合作了吗
I do.
是的
I don't want to put our necks out there
我可不想把头伸出去
just to have the guillotine fall.
等人家落刀
You won't. My neck will be right out there with you.
不会的,我们也会一起伸出去
Francis faints at the sight of blood.
弗兰西斯晕血
He'd never let them break the skin.
不会允许他们割伤他的皮肤的
To unity.
敬团结
No, no, no, no, no. Come on.
不不不,别这样
Larry, can you come by?
拉瑞,能来一趟吗
Something weird's going on with my computer.
我电脑不知道怎么了
Thanks.
谢谢
Come on!
别这样
Hey, what's the problem?
怎么回事
Nothing. It's fine. Uh, I fixed it.
没事,我修好了
Okay. Cool.
好吧
It's not as progressive as I'd like.
还不够革新
You mean radical.
不够极端吧
Raising retirement age to 67 makes entitlements solvent until 2055.
退休年龄升到67岁, 2055年前政府都能负担福利
And it saves us over a trillion dollars
还能省一万亿
without a single penny of taxpayer income.
不花纳税人的钱
68 would give us another 300 billion.
改到68岁能再省三千亿
And I'd like to eliminate early retirement.
我还想禁止提前退休
Entirely?
完全禁止吗
Forget it.
不可能
What about 68 and 64?
68岁退, 64岁早退呢
I have a responsibility to my constituents.
我要对选民负责
I promised I wouldn't waver when it comes to things --
我承诺过某些问题绝不妥协
Are we really going to allow the Tea Party to determine fiscal legislation?
难道要让茶党决定财政立法吗
I've never been beholden to the Tea Party.
我从没指望他们帮忙
Come on, Curtis.
得了吧,柯蒂斯
You wouldn't have won reelection
没有茶党政治行动委员会
if their PACs hadn't dumped 10 million into your campaign.
给你的一千万,你也赢不了重选
If their definition of budgetary conservatism
如果他们对缩减开支的看法
happens to overlap with mine, that's a function--
与我不谋而合,那就正好...
Curtis. Curtis. Let's show some goodwill.
柯蒂斯,柯蒂斯,友善一点
Can you stomach 68 and 64?
68岁和64岁可以接受吗
Effective immediately?
马上生效吗
Five years from now.
五年以后
Not interested.
没兴趣
Well, you know we can't throw this on people without any warning.
我们不能突然抛出这个提议
They need some time to digest.
得给他们时间消化
I'm sorry. I just can't do it.
对不起,就是不行
Okay. Meet with your staff. Consult with your colleagues.
好吧,回去跟你们的幕僚和同事商量一下
I'll consult with mine. And let's talk tomorrow.
我也回去商量,明天再谈
All right. I can agree to that.
好吧,没问题
But this is a good first step.
这第一步很不错
How do we make sure Curtis can't filibuster
修正案通过后,法案进行表决时
when we get the amendment passed?
柯蒂斯阻挠议事怎么办
Assuming we do.
如果能走到那步
Between you and me, I'm sure we can turn him around.
只跟你说,我觉得我们可以改变他的想法
I just want to be on the safe side.
我只是不想冒险
We make sure the passage of the amendment
我们让修正案的表决
constitutes the passage of the bill.
成为法案表决的一部分
By previous agreement.
事先约定
Yeah, that's right. We pass the amendment,
没错,修正案一通过
and then we're done. Wham, bam.
就完事了
Can we put that in writing?
能落到纸上吗
Have Erikson reach out to me.
让艾瑞克森找我吧
Muchos gracias.
非常感谢
There you go.
慢用
Lucas Goodwin?
卢卡斯·古德温
Good evening, Lucas.
晚上好,卢卡斯
Speak into the microphone.
对着麦克风说话
Who are you?
你是谁
Go to the home screen. Open the other app.
返回主屏,打开另一个应用
Tell me who you are.
先告诉我你是谁
You've done your research. You know who I am.
你调查过我,想必已经知道我是谁了
I I know who you claim to be.
我怎么知道那是不是你的真实身份
And if you're not convinced by now, goodbye.
你要是现在还不相信我,那就不必谈了
Wait.
别别
All right, I'm on the home screen.
听你的,我返回主屏了
Open the notary app.
打开验证程序
What is this?
这是什么
To ensure you aren't law enforcement.
确保你不为执法部门工作
I'm I'm not.
我不是
Then sign.
那就签了它
How?
怎么签
Hold your thumb to the camera and press "Capture."
把你的拇指按在摄像头上,然后点"扫描"
How do I know you're not law enforcement?
万一你是给执法部门的呢
Sign the document or walk away.
要么签了这文件,要么走人
All right. I did it.
好了,我签好了
Press "Send."
点"发送"
Where is this going?
发送到哪
I'm VPNing through Iran and 12 other countries.
我用了伊朗和其他12个国家的代理
Don't worry. It's secure.
你不用担心,链接很安全
Now, one last thing.
最后一件事
I need the twostep verification code
我要《华盛顿先驱报》
for the Herald's internal servers.
内部服务器的两步验证码
I I don't I don't even know how to do that.
我根本不知道该怎么做
Yes, you do. Check your email.
你当然知道,看你的邮箱
Destroy the iPad, especially the serial number
把这平板毁了,尤其要把产品序列号抹干净
and delete the email after you've memorized it.
邮件记牢之后就删掉
Good luck.
祝你好运
Hello?
还在吗
Raymond, are you there?
雷蒙德,还在听吗
Yeah.
在
Sorry, Frank. I I thought I saw an Inca dove.
抱歉,弗兰克,我还以为看到了一只印加地鸠
Must have flown the wrong direction for winter.
肯定是冬迁飞错方向了
It sounds windy. Where are you?
你那边好像风挺大,你在哪呢
Top of my building. Got a bird feeder up here.
在我家楼顶,装了个野鸟喂食器
Nice work with the President. I hear we have a green light.
总统的工作做得不错,听说他同意了
He pushed back in the beginning, but yeah.
他一开始也不愿意,但还是让步了
His writers are reworking the speech now.
他的写手正在改讲稿
I'm very close to a deal. 68/64 in five years.
我这边也快成了,五年后, 68退休, 64早退
Spending cuts as discussed.
按说好的削减开支
Is that rock solid?
说定了吗
Soon as we shake hands.
就差握手签字了
What's the holdup?
那是谁在作梗
Curtis Haas, which isn't a surprise.
柯蒂斯·哈斯,不过也在意料之中
I'm meeting with him soon. He's the final hurdle.
我过会儿就和他见面,他是最后的障碍了
Cutting it pretty close, Frank.
时间掐得太正好了,弗兰克
Well, this is this is historic.
这可是历史性的时刻
The Republicans have wanted entitlement reform since Johnson.
约翰逊当总统时共和党人就想推动福利改革了
Curtis will come around.
柯蒂斯会同意的
In the meantime we should get the new retirement age into the speech.
另外我们得在讲稿里提到延迟退休的事
I would stay away from the specifics, Frank.
我看还是别说得太详细,弗兰克
I mean, I even if it passes, the House might
就算参议院通过了,众议院没准也...
I know the House better
我对众议院的了解
than you know birds, Raymond.
比你对鸟深入得多,雷蒙德
Believe me when I say they'll pass the Senate version.
相信我,他们肯定会通过参议院的版本
I'll talk to the President.
那我去跟总统说说
Just make sure this is airtight.
但这事绝不能有差错
Thank you. What is it?
多谢你,什么事
Lucas Goodwin.
卢卡斯·古德温
From the Herald.
先驱报的那个
He must have been working with Zoe.
他肯定在和佐伊一起调查
How much does he know?
他知道多少
No more than she did.
不会比她多
She knew enough.
她知道的可不少
I'm on it, sir.
我在办,先生
Proof?
有证据吗
Not yet.
还没有
Jesus, Doug.
怎么搞的,道格
It's under control. I just thought you should be aware.
局面在控制中,我只是想告诉你一声
I'm juggling the President, the Republicans, Tusk.
我在跟总统,共和党和塔斯克周旋
I can't And you should stay focused on that.
我不能... 你就继续忙你的
Goodwin's on my plate. Not yours.
古德温交给我处理,你无须担心
It wasn't until the 20th century
一直到20世纪
that the notion of noble objectivism came into the forefront.
客观主义理念才成为主流观念
But facts are facts.
但事实就是事实
1992. Fact: George Bush, Sr.
1992年,事实,有人拿出一张
is shown asking how a grocery scanner works,
老布什询问售货扫描机是如何工作的照片
and he gets nailed for it.
进而攻击他无知
Fact? They were showing him a new model.
真相是,他们向他展示的是一个新模型机
He was asking how the new one was different than the old one.
他只是在问新机器与旧机器的差别
Curiosity, not ignorance.
好奇而已,并非无知
But the lack of context told a more powerful narrative.
但语境的缺失却传达了一个更有冲击力的观点
There is no arrangement of acts
在对事实的诸多整理中
that is, uh, purely objective.
没有哪个是...完全客观的
We can finally do something. We have the means to act.
我们总算可以做点什么了,终于有手段了
Some teenage pimplefaced hacker
哪个毛都没长全的少年黑客...
This was a sophisticated infiltration.
这是很高端的入侵
It's not the work of a child.
不是小孩子做得出来的
Look. Here's the email.
你看,邮件在这里
Hieronymus Bot.
机器人希洛尼摩斯
The FBI's been hunting him for years.
联邦调查局已经追捕他很多年了
Lucas, listen to me
卢卡斯,听我说
If we get these records,
如果我们拿到了这些记录
I'll need your help tracking timelines,
我需要你帮忙理顺时间先后
piecing together the chronology of the
拼凑整件事的发展...
No. You want somebody to hold your hand
不,你只想找个人安慰你
and say it's okay to go on this fucking goose chase.
告诉你,做这些无用功没什么不对
You shouldn't be teaching in Ithaca. You're better than that.
你不该在伊萨卡教书,你的能力不止如此
You should be back home I belong here.
你该回华盛顿, 我就该待在这里
Droning on to a bunch of hungover English majors?
对一群宿醉未消的英语专业大学生唠叨吗
Exactly.
没错
You're wrong about the truth. There is objective truth.
你对真相的看法是错的,客观事实是存在的
He killed her.
他杀了她
You know it's a fact.
你知道这是事实
Here's a fact.
事实就是
My mom has 10, 15 years left at best.
我妈最多只剩10到15年了
I've seen her more in the past month than since I left for school.
我毕业后加起来也没有上个月跟她相处时间久
It's simpler here. It's quiet.
这里更简单,也很安静
I need that. She needs me.
我需要这样的环境,她需要我
I'm sorry, Lucas.
很抱歉,卢卡斯
I'm sorry that night how I reacted.
抱歉我那晚做出了那样的反应
I'm sorry you lost your girlfriend.
很遗憾你失去了你的女友
I'm sorry the world is this fucked up.
很遗憾世界就是这么操蛋
I really am.
我是真心的
But I can't help you.
但我帮不了你
Where's everyone else?
其他人在哪里
I did you a disservice yesterday.
我昨天给你帮了个倒忙
We shouldn't have put you on the spot in front of all the leadership.
不该在整个领导层面前让你为难
Have a seat, Curtis.
请坐,柯蒂斯
We know that you have an obligation to take a firm stance,
我们知道你必须坚守立场
but entitlement reform is something you ran on,
但承诺福利改革是你竞选的核心
and now it's within your grasp.
现在唾手可得了
So tell us your fears.
说说你的顾虑吧
That the Democrats get another win.
顾虑就是共和党又会赢一把
We suffer in the midterms,
我们在中期选举中失利
and the next Congress dismantles the agreement.
下一届国会就会废除协议
You think we're being disingenuous.
你觉得我们在玩花招
My constituents don't trust the administration.
我的选民不信任政府
I can't have them thinking the wool's been pulled over our eyes.
我不能让他们觉得我们受到了蒙骗
As I suspected. Hector?
如我所料,赫克特
Frank and I propose this:
弗兰克和我建议
We include a super majority point of order
我们加入一项简单多数条款
against revisiting the issue for 10 years.
十年内不再就这个问题进行新的立法讨论
You have it in black and white.
白纸黑字写下来
A serious, longterm commitment with no opportunity to dismantle.
达成一项长期的严肃承诺,不会被撤销
And that's on top of everything else we asked for.
这是加在其他要求之上
VA services and FEMA stay at current levels.
退伍军人事务管理局和联邦救灾署的经费维持不变
Everything else at 80 to 100 percent of the cuts you propose.
其他机构的经费削减为你提议的80%到100%
You get your win, Curtis.
你赢了,柯蒂斯
We just avoid disaster.
我们只想避免灾难
Maybe the country needs to see what disaster looks like.
也许国家应该见识一下灾难
The Tea Party has a strong voice, and you're its bullhorn.
茶党的影响力很大,而你又为他们宣传
Show your people that voice can translate into law
让你的人民看到,这份影响力能决定法律
and not just add to the noise.
而不仅仅是激昂的口号
15 years before revisitation. Not 10.
15年内不得重谈, 10年不够
Okay.
可以
And if the House fails to pass the bill after we do,
如果我们通过法案后,众议院没有通过
you go on record blaming your own party for the gridlock.
你得公开谴责你们党派造了这种僵局
I believe we have a deal.
我们这就算达成协议了
What are you listening to?
你在听什么
I'm sorry. I'll turn...
抱歉,我关...
No, it's nice. Can I listen?
别,很好听,我能听吗
My ears are clean. I promise.
我的耳朵很干净,我保证
Thanks.
谢谢
It's beautiful. Yeah.
真美, 是啊
It's so sad.
好哀伤
It helps me relax.
能让我放松
Long day?
今天很辛苦吗
I work at a call center.
我在客服中心上班
So, yeah. 200 strangers an hour.
一小时打电话给200个陌生人,是挺辛苦
I'll leave you alone.
我就不打扰你了
You probably don't want to talk to another one.
你大概也不想再和陌生人聊天了
It it's all right. As long as you don't hang up on me.
没关系,你不挂我电话就行
Do you ever just talk to them? The strangers?
你会和他们聊天吗,那些陌生人
We're not allowed to.
我们不允许
All I would want to do is ask them about who they are.
换了我,肯定想问问他们是什么样
What about you? What do you do?
你呢,你做什么工作
I, um, I work at the bookstore and the daycare center.
我...在书店和托儿所上班
I had that same look on my face
别人第一次给我宣传册时
the first time somebody handed me one of those.
我也是这个表情
Yeah, I'm I'm just I'm not religious.
我只是...不信教
Just keep it. Check it out, or don't.
留着吧,看不看都无所谓
We've got really good music there.
我们那儿有非常棒的音乐
I'm thank you.
谢谢你
The House sent a bill to the Senate.
众议院向参议院提交了一份法案
What Frank wants to send back bears zero resemblance.
和弗兰克期待的反馈完全不同
Because it's bipartisan. Unlike ours.
因为那是两党联合的,不像我们的这份
That sounds like something Frank would say.
听着像弗兰克的话
I'm not Frank.
我不是弗兰克
He has a desk in your office.
他是你办公室的常客
If this bill passes in the Senate
如果法案在参议院通过
It won't.
不可能
We should be prepared, Bob.
我们得有所准备,鲍勃
Well, I'm prepared to wait and see.
那我就拭目以待了
Have a good afternoon, ladies.
下午愉快,女士们
"Ladies"?
女士们
He's threatened.
他受到了威胁
He's a pig.
蠢猪一个
Give him time.
给他点时间
He used to have two white middleaged guys at his side.
以前他身边有两个中年白人男子
Now he's got a black guy and a woman 20 years his junior.
现在他只能依靠一个黑人和一个小他20岁的女人
Who knows how to shoot a rifle.
可这女人会开枪
We just need to keep at him.
我们得继续劝他
Yes?
什么事
Catalina Rodriguez is on line four.
凯特琳娜·罗德里格斯在四号线
Give me a moment.
你先下去
Catalina.
凯特琳娜
Ted told me it was you.
泰德告诉我是你干的
You there?
你在听吗
Yes, I'm here.
是的,我在听
The press won't leave us alone.
媒体对我们穷追不舍
For weeks they're showing up,
他们连续几周跑过来
trying to get pictures of me and Emily.
想拍到我和艾米莉的照片
It wasn't me.
不是我泄的密
You're the only one who knew.
只有你知情
I doI don't know how the story got out.
我不知道事情怎么会泄露
Why would Ted lie abut that?
泰德何必对我撒谎呢
I don't know. Maybe maybe he's ashamed.
我不知道,也许他感到羞愧
So what do I do? When will they leave us alone?
那我该怎么办,他们什么时候才会放过我们
I I don't know, Catalina.
我也不知道,凯特琳娜
I can't live like this.
我受不了这样的生活
I'm sI'm sorry. I don't know what to say.
我很抱歉,我不知该说什么
How how is Emily doing?
艾米莉还好吗
Catalina?
凯特琳娜
He's very confident.
他自信满满
Yeah, but does he have what it takes?
没错,但他有那个本事吗
We'll see when I get his media plan.
等他拿出媒体方案就知道了
What about his personality?
他个性如何
Charming. Direct. Very thorough.
迷人,直接,思维缜密
He found our first interview together, in '86.
他找到了86年我们第一次一起接受采访的录像
I would love to see that. Does he have a copy?
我很想重温一下,他有副本吗
I don't think so. The TV station made him watch it there.
我想没有,电视台只允许他在台里看
We should screen that for the president and the first lady.
我们该录下来给总统和第一夫人看的
Show 'em how it's done.
让他们学学怎么接受采访
Christina...
克里斯蒂娜
What about her?
她怎么了
Have you noticed anything strange between her and the president?
你有没有注意到她和总统有什么不正常
How do you mean?
什么意思
I passed them in the hall yesterday.
昨天我在走道里碰见他们
And they seem I don't know very intimate.
他们看上去,我说不好,很亲密
They did seem cozy at the prep session.
预备会议上他们是挺热络的
Do you think...?
你觉得...
No. Not necessarily.
不,不一定
An interesting thought, though.
不过这想法挺有意思
Sorry to interrupt, sir.
抱歉打扰,先生
We're having lunch.
我们在吃午饭
The Republicans are backing out.
共和党人变卦了
Mendoza's chief of staff just gave me the headsup.
门多萨的幕僚长给我提了醒
Get Mendoza on the phone.
马上帮我接门多萨
It's Curtis Haas. He got cold feet.
是柯蒂斯·哈斯,他临阵退缩了
Cages. It's really kinda like but,
笼子,差不多像那样,不过
you know, people look at 'em. It's kind of fun.
但大家会看,挺逗的
I got your email.
我收到你邮件了
Now good for you?
你现在有空吗
Yeah, sure. Can I call you right back?
当然,我过会儿打给你
What exactly did you need to know?
你究竟想问什么
We're doing some followup pieces on the cyber warfare thing.
我们在做网络战的后续报道
I just wanted to get a layman's understanding
我就想问问内行人知不知道
of how the Chinese might get through a firewall.
中国人会如何越过防火墙
It's a bit complicated, but I could show you the basics.
挺复杂的,不过我可以演示下基本原理
That's all I need.
那足够了
We use a standard Ntier architecture.
我们使用的是标准多层体系结构
Think of it like a big sandwich with layers of bread.
就像多层面包做成的大三明治
Between each is the lettuce, the tomato, the roast beef, whatever.
每层之间夹着生菜,番茄,烤牛肉之类的
What I'm pulling up here is the org code,
我现在输入的是组织代码
which, uh, separates the database
隔离了数据库
Shit. I forgot there's a meeting with sales in a couple minutes.
该死,我忘了马上要和销售部门开会
You want to do this later?
你想晚点继续吗
No. I'll just run over
不用,我现在跑过去
and let them know I'll be a few minutes late. Be right back.
跟他们说我要晚几分钟到,马上回来
Cool. I'll be here.
好,我就在这儿
Okay.
好的
Come on, come on, come on, come on.
快点快点
There.
来了
Come on.
快回复啊
Okay.
好
Go.
好嘞
Something wrong?
出什么事了
Can't find my phone. It it's weird.
我找不着手机了,真奇怪
I had it just a minute ago.
刚刚还在的
Here it is. Sorry about that.
找到了,不好意思
No problem.
没事
So the, uh, Ntier architecture.
那个多层体系结构
The hightech sandwich I was talking about.
我刚说的那个高科技三明治
I thought Mendoza was willing to work with us.
我以为门多萨愿意合作
He is. The problem is Curtis Haas.
他是愿意,问题在柯蒂斯·哈斯
And have you spoken with him?
你跟他谈过了吗
His office isn't returning our calls.
他办公室不回我们电话
Neither is Mendoza's
门多萨也是
I should've stuck to my guns.
我不该让步的
The vote isn't until tomorrow afternoon.
明天下午才开始投票
I'll reach out to Mendoza first thing in the
我一早就会联系门多萨
This is the State of the Union, Frank.
这可是国情咨文,弗兰克
I won't be left in limbo.
我不能陷入尴尬境地
If we need to start rewriting that speech now,
如果我们得重写演讲
I don't want to waste a minute.
我一分钟也不想耽误
I can turn this around, sir.
我能扭转局面,先生
You know, Raymond told me this was your idea.
雷蒙德告诉我这是你的点子
To pursue this compromise.
做出妥协
I suggested it as an option.
只是提出建议
He said you bullied him into it,
他说是你逼他蹚这浑水的
that he thought it was a a mistake.
他认为这是个错误的决定
If he felt so strongly, he should have advised you otherwise.
如果他这么反对,他就应该劝阻你
Raymond is not a politician.
雷蒙德不是政客
He relies on our political expertise
他依赖于我们的政治意见
as much as we rely on his business acumen.
正如我们依靠他的商业头脑
Maybe we shouldn't point fingers until there's a problem.
或许我们应该到真出现问题再相互指责
Oh, you wouldn't call this a problem.
你管这不叫问题
Not if it's solved before it becomes one.
在成为问题之前解决掉就不是问题
You see, I wanted a Vice President who can manage Congress.
我要的是个能管理好国会的副总统
Not one who bites off more than he can chew.
而不是个不自量力的人
Then have faith you made the right choice, sir.
那就相信你做出了正确的决定,先生
Whatever faith I have is quickly evaporating.
我的信念正在迅速地消失殆尽了
Don't humiliate the administration, Frank.
别给政府丢脸,弗兰克
You're part of it now.
你也是其中一员了
Yes, sir.
是,先生
We're done.
我们谈完了
Thank you, Mr. President.
谢谢,总统先生
Give me the private line, please.
帮我接内线
Tusk is blocking my way. Goodwin at my heels.
塔斯克挡我道,古德温对我穷追不舍
There can be no false steps now.
现在一步也不能错
The higher up the mountain, the more treacherous the path.
越往上爬,尔虞我诈越多
Lucas Goodwin went up to visit her.
卢卡斯·古德温去找她了
They may be looking for you.
他们可能也会来找你
Nobody's contacted me. I don't think anyone knows I'm here.
没人找过我,应该没人知道我在这儿
Then we need to make sure it stays that way.
那我们要确保你不会被人发现
Don't speak to anyone you don't have to.
避免不必要的交谈
Don't go anywhere you don't need to be.
不要去不必要的地方
Tell me you heard what I said.
告诉我你听到我说的了
I heard you. I get it.
听到了,我知道了
I'm fine.
我没事
Put some ice on it. I said it's okay.
敷点冰, 我说了我没事
What is this?
这是什么
What, are you going through my garbage now?
你现在还翻我的垃圾吗
Someone gave it to me on the bus.
在公交上别人给我的
You let me know if anyone contacts you.
有人联系你,就来告诉我
Sorry I'm late.
抱歉我来晚了
No worries.
没事
How much more you want to do right now?
现在你要纹多少
Fill in this area?
填满这一块吗
Yeah. And, uh, one more poppy down here.
嗯,然后下面再多加一个罂粟
That's a lot for one sitting.
一次做这么多啊
I know.
我知道
Okay.
好吧
Francis?
弗兰西斯
You're heading in?
这就走吗
Mendoza's an early riser.
门多萨起的早
You'll figure this out.
你会解决好的
I need to prove what the Vice President is capable of.
我得证明副总统不吃素的
Don't prove it to them. Prove it to me.
别向他们证明,向我证明
Curtis has me by the tea bags, Frank.
柯蒂斯抓着我的要害,弗兰克
I don't have a working majority without him.
没他我的党派就要乱套
He wasn't elected leader.
可他不是多数党领袖
True. But I have to pick my battles.
是没错,但我也得选边站
If you can't control him on budgetary issues
你要是在预算问题上无法控制他
It's not just him. It's the 15 senators he has under his thumb.
不光是他,还有听命于他的15个参议员
I won't be the leader next year if they turn on me.
没他们支持我就不能连任
So he wants to be courted. Sit him down
他想我们求他,把他找来
I already tried talking to him. He wouldn't budge.
我试过和他谈了,但他不肯让步
Then we'll both talk to him.
那我们一起去跟他谈
He's made his position clear.
他已经表明立场了
We all shook hands at this table.
我们都在这张桌子旁握手了
The most I can do is put the substitute amendment
我最多只能保证限制替代修正案
on the floor with limited debate.
表决前的辩论
Now, your people can say whatever they want for the record.
你们那边公开怎么说随你们便
But we're gonna vote the amendment down.
但我们会投票否决修正案
I am not interested in symbolic gestures.
我对象征性姿态不敢兴趣
That's all I can offer.
我只能做到这样
Where's your courage?
你的勇气哪去了
My power has limits, Frank.
我权力有限,弗兰克
Five Republicans makes you the deciding vote.
再有五个共和党人,你那票就定胜负了
Now, it's highly doubtful
现在很难说
we can get them to vote against their own party.
我们能不能让他们违反党派意志投票
But they might abstain.
但他们可以弃权
You'd need 10.
那需要10人弃权
Entitlement is the Republicans' white whale.
福利问题是共和党人的长期追求
I can get at least two of 'em to flip.
我至少能说通两个人
And you'd only need six abstaining.
那就只需要六票弃权
Erikson's already making calls.
艾瑞克森已经在打电话了
Donner?
唐纳
And Pulaski.
还有普拉斯科
All right. Get me a call list so I can tagteam with him.
给我一份名单,我找几个人一起上阵
Got it right here.
在这儿
We have to get medieval.
我们得使狠招
When it comes to parliamentary procedure,
要说议会程序
there's not a rule I don't know, sir.
没有哪条规定我不知道,先生
Find me the ones we can bend.
给我找到能钻空子的
Mark, you're a sensible man.
马克,你是个明白人
Yes, I I know I understand.
是,我知道,我懂
What if tell you what.
如果,跟你说
What if both VA hospitals in your district yes, both of them.
如果你选区内的两家退伍军人医院,对,两家
Hold on. Who?
别挂,谁
Moriarty.
莫里亚蒂
I promised him an amendment for his bovine research center.
我答应给他的牲牛研究中心拨款
That makes six.
这就有六票了
Mark, if I can get you funding for both,
马克,如果我能给两家医院提供资金
are you with us?
你愿跟我们合作吗
Excellent.
非常好
You come by the White House
你这几天来白宫
and have lunch with me sometime soon.
跟我共进午餐吧
Byebye. We have the numbers.
再见,数目够了
Once you break the quorum call
你打断点名之后
it's gonna be a little tricky.
会有些麻烦
Tell me on the way.
我们路上说
Sir. Sir.
先生,先生
We might not have a majority. What?
我们票数可能不占多数, 什么
The Dems are poaching people.
民主党在挖墙脚
Donner, Pulaski. Maybe more.
唐纳,普拉斯基,可能还有别人
Voting for the amendment?
投票通过修正案吗
Some. Others abstaining. I'm still trying to figure out who.
部分支持,其余弃权,我还在查是谁
We need to delay and figure out what the fuck's going on.
我们得推迟,弄清到底是怎么回事
Quorum call. There's 49 hours until the recess.
点名,离休会还有49小时
We call a name an hour.
一小时叫一个人来
Mr. Avendale?
艾文戴尔先生
Here.
到
Excuse me. I do believe you're sitting in my chair.
抱歉,你坐了我的位置
Mr. Drewry, what is the order of business.
德鲁里先生,现在进行到哪里了
We are in a quorum call, sir.
我们正在点名,先生
Then why aren't you calling the roll?
那你怎么不点名呢
We are, sir. In a deliberate manner.
在点名,先生,不着急
Let's speed it up.
速度快点吧
Mr. Brown?
布朗先生
Here.
到
More expeditious than that.
动作再快点
Mr. Burr? Here.
博尔先生, 到
Ms. Cantwell? Here.
坎特维尔女士, 到
Mr. Cerini?
西里尼先生
Check.
到
Cornwall?
康维尔
Here.
到
Mr. Colson?
科森先生
Ms. Douster
道斯特女士
Here.
到
They have a quorum. We don't have the numbers.
法定人数够了,我们票数不够
Out. Let's get all our people out.
出去,让我们的人都出去
Mr. Demerell. Mr. Darling. Here.
达默尔先生,达令先生, 到
Mr. Daswani. Here.
达斯瓦尼先生, 到
Mr. Donner. Faster.
唐纳先生, 再快点
Mr. Dobben, Mr. Dwyer.
道本先生,德怀尔先生
Erinburgh, Engel, Erikson. Here.
埃伦伯格,安格,艾瑞克森, 到
Feld, Ferrison, Gentry.
菲尔德,法瑞森,詹特里
Mr. Haas.
哈斯先生
Mr. Whitehouse. Here.
怀特豪斯先生, 到
Mr. Wicker. Mr. Wyden.
维克先生,怀登先生
Mr. President, a quorum is not present.
副总统先生,没有达到法定人数
The chair recognizes the minority leader, Mr. Erikson.
主席允许少数党领袖,艾瑞克森先生发言
Mr. President,
主席先生
I move to direct the sergeant at arms
我提议命令警卫官
to compel the attendance of absent Senators;
强制缺席参议员到场
that warrants for the arrests of all senators not sick nor excused
对于无故缺席的所有参议员
be issued under the signature of the presiding officer.
请会议主席签发逮捕令予以逮捕
The question is on the motion. All those in favor say "Aye"
对动议进行表决,同意者说"赞成"
Aye.
赞成
All those opposed, "Nay."
反对者说"反对"
Nay.
反对
The ayes have it, and the motion is agreed to.
同意者占多数,动议通过
The sergeant of arms is hereby instructed
我命令警卫官
to compel the attendance of absent senators.
强制缺席参议员到场
It feels good to be back in Congress.
回国会的感觉真好
The Democrats have now empowered the Capitol Police
现在民主党人已经授予国会警察
to arrest absent members if necessary.
在必要时逮捕缺席参议员的权利
According to Republican Senator Curtis Haas,
共和党参议员柯蒂斯·哈斯
one of the staunchest opponents of the entitlement amendment,
福利改革修正案的坚决反对者之一
the vice president is, quote,
这样说道,副总统正在
"Replacing democracy with tyranny.
"用暴政取代民主
He's transformed the Senate into a police state within the Capitol."
他已经将参议院变成了国会里的极权国家"
But
但是
It'll be even harder to stay out of the news now.
现在想躲避媒体更难了
Then why the joint interview?
那为什么还要一起接受采访
I watched the South Carolina one again.
我又看了一遍南卡罗来纳的采访
Convinced them to make me a copy.
说服他们给了我一份拷贝
It's powerful. Here you go.
非常有感染力,给你
I thought you might want it.
我猜你可能想留一份
There's a moment where you ran your fingers through his hair.
采访中有一个瞬间,你用手帮他捋头发
It's intimate and human.
非常亲密,非常有人情味
That moment alone would've made me want to vote for your husband.
单是那一个瞬间就足以让我为你丈夫投票
Something like that will buy you months of flying beneath the radar.
像这样的小事,能给你几个月的清净
And who do you have in mind to conduct the interview?
你想让谁来进行采访
Does this mean I have the job?
这代表我被录用了吗
It means you still haven't been ruled out.
这代表你还没出局
Well, I'll consider that progress.
我就当是有进步了
This is the Democratic cloak room, Hector.
这里是民主党议员的衣帽间,赫克特
Yours is on the other side.
你们的在另一边
What you're doing won't work.
你的招数不会成功的
It might. Which is why you made the long walk over here.
有可能会,所以你大老远的跑过来了
Ice water?
冰水
I have my people in planes, trains, and automobiles.
我的人正坐着各种交通工具赶过来
All I need is six to make my quorum.
我只需要六票达到法定人数
Think what I can do with 26 votes.
想想我有26票能干什么
And I've got 45.
现在我都有45票了
You won't be able to get your planes and trains back here fast enough.
你的人再怎么赶也没这么快吧
I'll roll those dice.
我愿赌一把
The sergeant at arms is very good at his job.
会议警卫官的工作做得非常好
And this is a perfect way to show Curtis who's in charge.
这样正可以让柯蒂斯明白,究竟谁是老大
I'm doing you a favor, Hector.
我这是在帮你,赫克特
Tell me what you want.
告诉我你想要什么
What I've always wanted. The package we shook hands on.
我一直想要的东西,我们达成的协议
Then I'll give you your Senate back.
然后我就把参议院还给你
They can't come back voluntarily.
他们不能自愿回来吗
Pick your six best actors.
选六个演技最好的出来
We can't give in, Hector.
我们不能妥协,赫克特
We wouldn't be in this situation had you towed the party line.
如果你按党派路线走,我们就不会落到这个境地
Mr. Mendoza is present.
门多萨先生到场
Under protest.
表示抗议
Ms. Cornwall is present.
康维尔女士到场
Under protest.
表示抗议
Mr. Ullman is present. Mr. Walsh is present.
厄尔曼先生到场,沃尔什先生到场
Ms. Douster is present.
道斯特女士到场
And Mr. Haas is present.
哈斯先生到场
Mr. President, a quorum is now present.
主席先生,法定人数已经够了
You can pass the amendment. I'll just filibuster the main bill.
你通过修正案吧,我会阻挠主法案的通过
No, you won't.
不,你不会的
Watch me.
看我会不会
As much as I'd like to see you hold your piss for two days,
尽管我特别想看你憋两天尿的样子
we struck a deal with Hector.
但我们已经和赫克特达成协议了
The passage of the substitute amendment
替代修正案通过
constitutes passage of the main bill.
主法案就也通过
I wasn't informed of that.
这我并不知情
Pay attention to the fine print, Curtis.
要多留意小字附条款,柯蒂斯
It's far more important than the selling price.
这比协议本身重要的多
Let's go.
我们开始吧
I want an immediate call of the roll.
现在立刻点名投票
Don't let half a second pass.
一秒钟时间都不要浪费
Yes, sir.
是,先生
A quorum is present.
法定人数已经够了
The question is on the adoption of the substitute
关于采纳HR 934号法案的
amendment to HR 934.
替代修正案
The yeas and nays have been ordered,
赞成或是反对
and the clerk will call the roll.
书记官将开始点名投票
Mr. Abner?
艾伯纳先生
Aye.
赞成
Mr. Avendale?
艾文戴尔先生
Aye.
赞成
Mr. Brown?
布朗先生
I'd like to propose an amendment to HR 934
我想为HR 934号法案提出一项修正案
Mr. Haas, you are out of order. The roll call has begun.
哈斯先生,请不要破坏秩序,点名投票已经开始
The clerk will continue to call the roll.
书记官将会继续进行点名投票
Mr. Brown? Mr. Burr?
布朗先生,博尔先生
Aye.
赞成
Ms. Cantwell?
坎特维尔女士
Aye.
赞成
Mr. Cerini?
西里尼先生
Aye.
赞成
Mr. Chess?
蔡斯先生
Aye.
赞成
Ms. Cornwall?
康维尔女士
Nay.
反对
Mr. Colson?
科森先生
I'm glad you came.
我很高兴你能来
Yeah. Me, too.
是啊,我也是
What'd you think?
你觉得怎么样
The music was really beautiful.
音乐非常美妙
Not what you expected?
跟你想的不一样吗
I wasn't sure what to expect.
我也不知道会是什么样
I'm Lisa.
我叫丽萨
Rachel. Sorry.
瑞秋,抱歉
No. We've got cookies and cake inside, if you...
没事,我们里面有饼干和蛋糕,如果你
I think I'm gonna...
我觉得我还是...
If you want to meet some of my friends.
如果你想见见我的一些朋友
Yeah. Okay. Yeah?
行啊,好, 行吗
Yeah. Yeah. Okay.
行, 走吧
We should add "Miracle worker" to your resume, Frank.
该把"奇迹创造者"写进你的简历,弗兰克
Lazarus makes for a good magic act,
拉撒路的魔术倒是精彩
but life would have been a lot easier
但如果那混蛋当初没死
if the bastard hadn't died in the first place.
日子会轻松得多
The president wanted to go ballistic, but I calmed him down.
总统本来要发脾气,但我安抚住他了
I said, "Don't worry. Frank'll pull this out.
我说,别担心,弗兰克会解决问题的
Did you? I don't blame you for being twofaced, Raymond.
是吗,我不会责怪你两面派,雷蒙德
It's good politics, as long as you don't get caught at it.
这是厉害的政治手腕,但不能被人发现
Now, Frank, if you think that I
弗兰克,如果你认为我
It's okay, Raymond. Jesus forgives you. Goodnight.
没关系,雷蒙德,主会原谅你,晚安
Hello?
有人吗
Hello?
有人吗
Care for some wine?
想来点酒吗
No.
不用了
Step in the room.
进来点
Closer. Closer.
近一点,再近一点
State your name and the date.
说一下你的名字和日期
Wait, why? I
等等,为什么,我
State your name and the date, please.
请说一下你的名字和日期
Lucas Goodwin. February 13th.
卢卡斯·古德温, 2月13日
Year.
年份
2014.
2014年
Are you currently or have you ever been a member of the
你现在或曾经在
What what what is this?
这是干什么
Are you currently or have you ever been a member
你现在或曾经在
of any law enforcement agency?
执法机构工作过吗
I already told you I wasn't.
我已经告诉过你我没有了
Twostep verification.
两步验证
No, I'm not. And I haven't.
不,我没有,以前也没有
Are you currently or have you ever been
那你现在或曾经向执法机构
an informant for law enforcement?
提供过情报吗
No.
没有
You think you might have been followed?
你觉得自己被跟踪了吗
Anything strange the past few weeks?
过去几周发生过什么奇怪的事吗
Th this is you know what?
这个...你知道吗
This is making me feel uncomfortable
这让我很不舒服
We're not fucking around here.
我们不是闹着玩的
If you think the FBI hasn't been tracking your posts,
如果你认为联调局没查过你的邮件
then you're naive.
那你就太天真了
You think they know who I am?
你觉得他们知道我的身份吗
No. You hid yourself well.
不知道,你隐藏得很好
What are you going to do with the Herald.
你要对《先驱报》做什么
Nothing.
不做什么
Then why did you want access?
那你为什么想要访问权限
I already had access.
我已经有访问权限了
It's how I contacted you in the first place.
我就是这样联系你的
Just needed to know if you were serious.
只是想知道你是不是来真的
That's Cashew.
那是腰果
Why did you contact me?
你为什么要联系我
Because you're desperate.
因为你走投无路了
And I'm not fond of authority.
我不喜欢当局
Just today, under the leadership of Vice President Underwood,
今天,在安德伍德副总统的主持下
the Senate passed HR 934,
参议院通过了HR 934号法案
along with an historic entitlement reform amendment.
同时通过了一个历史性的福利改革修正案
By raising the retirement age to 68 and 65
通过将正常退休和提早退休的年龄
for normal and early retirement, respectively,
分别提高到68和65岁
we will ensure entitlements for generations to come.
我们将确保未来几代人的福利得到保障
And when the House passes that bill in a few weeks,
几周后,等众议院通过这项法案
as I fully expect it to do,
对此我完全有信心
we will put the government freeze to rest.
我们就能结束政府的开销冻结
We will continue the business of serving our country,
我们将继续为我们的国家服务
rather than paralyzing it.
而不是让国家瘫痪
The American people deserve no less.
这是美国人民应得的
We stand at the altar of democracy.
我们站在民主的圣坛上
Let us stand together.
让我们站在一起
I spoke to Jackie. You have my support in the House.
我跟杰姬谈过,我会在众议院支持你
But it hasn't passed the House yet.
但现在众议院还没通过呢
There's a long march before it arrives on the president's desk.
在交给总统前,还长路漫漫
As for me, I used to be on the edge of the frame.
至于我,我以前总在镜头边缘
Now I'm only three feet away.
现在只有三英尺远了