Here's Owens, the Welshman.
拿球的是欧文,威尔士男子汉
Nice piece of skill to get past Neep.
漂亮得把球传给了尼普
Still Owens, heading toward the penalty area.
还是欧文,头球摆渡到罚球区
Wide it goes to Marwick.
球到了马维克脚下
Marwick with it. Touch inside to Williams.
马维克传给了威廉姆斯
Williams with a lovely chip toward the back post.
威廉姆斯一记漂亮的传球
Mountroy is there. It's in the net!
蒙特瑞在球门前
A scorching header from Mountroy,
蒙特瑞的头球,球进了
and Manchester United are back on top!
曼联又领先了
It's 2-1 here as Arsenal again caught ball-watching
现在是二比一,阿森纳...
What are bees doing in here?
这些蜜蜂在这里干吗
Buzzing. No. I mean,
在嗡嗡飞呢, 不,我的意思是
why aren't they on the roof with the others?
为什么它们不和其它蜜蜂在屋顶呆着
I'm seeing how the indoor temperature suits them.
我在观察它们是如何适应室温的
Our six weeks together are very nearly up, Watson.
我们六周的共同生活快要结束了,华生
In a matter of days, your room will be vacant.
几天之后,你的房间会空闲下来
I'm very seriously considering
我在慎重考虑是否
turning it into one large apiary.
将它作为一间大的养峰房
Finally the space will serve a purpose.
到那时那间房终于能有点用处了
Oh, you say the nicest things.
你就不能说点好话吗
The end of our companionship is actually what I wanted
在我陪护的最后部分我想要
to talk to you about. Do tell.
告诉你一些事, 说吧
Well, when I'm wrapping up with a client,
当我要和客户解除关系时
I like to carry out exit protocols.
会实施一个退出协议
Sounds ominous.
听起来不太吉利呀
No, we just need to carve out a time to talk.
不,我们仅仅需要挤出时间来谈谈
It's time I told you, Watson.
是时候告诉你了,华生
You place far too much emphasis on talking.
你将太多重点放在了谈话上
Most of what we humans have to say to one another is
我们人类想对其它人传递信息
communicated haptically.
大部分用的是触觉式交流
When I think of the many thousands of words
我都想到了数千个单词
that you yourself have wasted during your time here...
你却还在这浪费时间
We'll go to dinner, we'll talk--
我们去吃晚餐,我们交谈
verbally, haptically, whatever.
口头的,触觉式的,都行
I think the whole point is to reflect on your progress.
我认为重点应该反映在你的进步上
Reflection is for mirrors.
反射是对镜子而言的
Can't you just hand me a report card?
你就不能提交一份报告单吗
Well, I am working on a final assessment,
好吧,我一直在写最终评定
but that is for your father.
不过那是提交给你父亲的
Right, 'cause he's the one paying your exorbitant fees.
对了,因为他是付你过高薪的老板
Actually, my fees are the opposite of exorbitant.
事实上,我的报酬刚好和你说的相反
He'll probably put it on his fridge
他很可能会把它放在他的冰箱上
with his many colorful magnets.
用他五彩的磁石压着
Oh, no, wait. He doesn't have any magnets or interest in me.
等等,他对我没有任何吸引力或兴趣
Captain Gregson, how may I be of assistance?
格雷森警监,有什么可以帮到你的
The owner of the house is a CPA by the name of Ian Vickers.
房子的主人叫伊恩·维克斯,注册会计师
We're pretty sure he's also the victim.
我们十分肯定他是受害者
And by "Pretty sure," You mean...
你说"十分肯定"是什么意思
I mean there's no body.
我的意思是没发现尸体
Just blood.
只有血
This is all from one person?
这些血全来自一个人吗
Well, we pulled some hairs out of a comb in his bathroom
我们在浴室的梳子上取了一些头发
to check the DNA, so, yeah, for now.
去检测DNA 基本上是了
Vickers' secretary dropped off some files,
维克斯的秘书落下了一些文件
and found the place like this.
回来就发现了现场
Hard to like his chances, given all this.
真不幸,看到如此惨状
Hey. You okay?
你还好吧
So, aside from the blood, the scene is clean.
除了这些血迹,现场很干净
No footprints, no witnesses, no nothing.
没脚印,没目击证人,什么也没有
Whoever did this-- we don't know the first thing about him.
不管是谁干的,我们都一无所知
He's tall.
他是个高个子
I beg your pardon?
你说什么
He's tall. Strong, too.
他是个高个子,而且非常壮
He'd have to be to hang his victims from a hook.
他必须把受害者用勾子吊起来
Hook's gone now, but it was at one point attached
勾子现在不见了,不过它是被连接在了
to a tripod device of the killer's own design.
凶手自己设计的三脚架上
He assembled it after he incapacitated Vickers,
他使受害者丧失行动能力后,组装设备
then hung him upside down, slit his throat.
然后把他倒挂起来,割破喉咙
Gravity and the last few beats of his heart drove
重力和最后的心跳
every last ounce of blood from his body.
使他身体里每一滴血都流了出来
A tripod device?
一个三脚架设备
Here. It's from one of its legs.
这里,这痕迹来自其中一条腿
There are two more groove marks
还有两个凹槽
inside the perimeter of the blood-- there and there.
在血迹的边界里头,那里,还有那里
After he'd completely drained Vickers,
在放干了维克斯的血之后
he dismantled the device, taking it
凶手拆解了设备
and the exsanguinated corpse of his victim with him.
带着抽干血的尸体,离开了
How the hell did you deduce all that from this pool of blood?
你是如何仅从这滩血液里推理出这些的
I didn't deduce anything, actually.
事实上我没有推理任何东西
I've stalked this particular madman before.
我曾经追查过这个疯子
In London.
在伦敦
A simple moniker for a complicated monster.
给难懂的怪物起的一个简单的绰号
He is, without question, the most sinister taker of lives
毫无疑问,他是让我尝到失败滋味的
I have ever had the displeasure of pursuing.
最凶险的杀人凶手
He's been active since January 2002.
2002年二月开始他频繁活动
During the last ten years,
在过去的十年时间里
he has tallied a body count of 37.
累计杀了37个人
His image has never been captured.
他的图像从未被捕捉到
He is methodical.
他做事有条理
He is as efficient as he is clean.
高效且不留痕迹
And he also has no type or victim profile,
而且他也没有特定的受害者类型
which makes it almost impossible
这使得我们不可能预测
to predict when, where, or whom he might strike.
他何时,何地,或对谁犯案
His oldest victim in the U.K. Was in her late 80s.
他最老的受害者在伦敦,将近90岁
The youngest-- 12.
最年轻的, 12岁
He drains his victims of his or her blood,
他放干受害者的血
then dumps their bodies in the ocean.
然后弃尸到海里
Bodies of 21 of his victims were recovered
当中21具尸体在被冲到海岸时
when they washed up on the coastline.
已被找到
The other 16 were, presumably, carried out to sea.
其余的16具大概沉到海底了
And I wouldn't be surprised
如果维克斯先生的尸体
if the body of his latest victim,
在几天之后
Mr. Vickers, were to make an appearance
出现在某个海滩上
on one of your beaches in the next few days.
我不会感到吃惊
I'm gonna call the Coast Guard,
我会通知海岸警卫队
tell them to keep an eye out? Yeah.
注意观察的, 好的
I trust that the lab has by now confirmed
我相信现在实验室确定了
that the blood at the scene was Vickers'?
犯罪现场的的血是来自维克斯的
All 12 pints of it.
一共6.8升血,都是他的
M's fascination with blood is
M对血液的着迷
as mysterious as the man himself.
就像他本人一样捉摸不透
He mentions it in his, uh,
他在他与警察的通信当中
correspondence with the police...
提到了这些
but only rarely. You'll notice that he has
不过很少,你会注意到
a tendency to ramble.
他有漫谈的倾向
Do not be fooled.
不要被愚弄了
I have long suspected that M isn't nearly as mad
我一直怀疑M并没有疯到
as he would like us to believe.
他试图表现的那个程度
His letters are, in my humble estimation, a feint,
以我的估计,他的信件内容是假的
an attempt to make the authorities, or anyone
试图使官方或者
who would attempt to analyze him,
任何一个想去分析他的人
believe that he is one thing, when he is, in fact, another.
觉得他是这样的,而实则不然
Finally, M tends to kill
最后, M趋向于
in bunches, so the whole NYPD
连续杀人,所以纽约刑警
should be prepared for more bodies to drop.
应该准备着搜寻更多的弃尸
I've brought my own personal files
我把我自己的关于M的
on M to the station,
文件带来了
and I'm arranging them for your consumption.
我会分享这些文件,以便破案
Hey. How are you doing?
你怎么样了
Quite well. Why?
很棒,为何这么问
You seem oddly chipper.
你看上去胸有成竹
I do?
是吗
Yeah, and last night, at the crime scene--
是啊,还有昨晚在犯罪现场
the way you were staring at the blood.
你看那滩血的眼神
Well, I was struck, I suppose.
我想,我是太震惊了
I mean, the moment I laid eyes on the scene,
我是说,看到现场的时候
I knew it could only be the handiwork of... M.
我就知道这肯定只能是M的手笔
And this morning?
那今天早上呢
Ten years ago, when M first started killing,
十年前, M首次出现杀人时
I was an integral part of the investigation.
我是调查组的重要成员
By the time he had claimed his 36th life, however,
而在他宣称收割了第36条性命时
my addiction was out of control.
很不幸,我的毒瘾犯了
I was, I'm quite embarrassed to say,
说起来很尴尬,我那时
useless to the police.
对警察破案毫无帮助
Now, his appearance here in the States--
现在,他出现在美国
it's a second chance for me.
这是我的第二次机会
It's an opportunity to do what I should have done
这个机会,能让我完成很早以前就该
a long time ago-- bring a ruthless killer to justice.
完成的事,将一个残忍的杀手绳之以法
Let me ask you something.
有些事问你
This-this M character-- what, uh...
这个叫M的杀手...
What was his awareness of you back in London?
在伦敦时,他是怎么看待你的
Oh, he may have referenced me in a letter or two. Why?
他曾在一两封信中提到过我,怎么了
Seems sort of coincidental, don't you think?
你不觉得这一切太巧合了吗
Him coming to New York so soon after you?
他紧随你其后来到纽约
Well, I-I... I hadn't considered that.
我还没想到这个
Really? I suppose it is a little odd--
真的吗, 我觉得这有点奇怪
flattering if you think about it.
如果是这样,那他是在自鸣得意
Hmm. I'm gonna post a couple uniforms
我会在你寓所周围布置警力
in front of your place until further notice.
直到另行通知
Captain, I hardly think that's necessary.
警监,我觉得没必要
Much appreciated. Thank you.
十分感谢,谢谢
Hey, just a reminder that I have an appointment
提醒你一下,我过一会儿与人有约
in a little while, but I will be back in a couple of hours.
但我几个小时就会回来
I shall count the seconds until your return.
在你回来前我都会读秒的
Well, in the meantime, I thought I could dig into the M files.
在此期间,我能仔细查阅关于M的文件
You have so many. I can help.
有那么多文件呢,我可以帮你
Actually, Watson, it occurs to me
事实上,华生,寻求你的帮助
that help from you is the last thing that I need.
必须得成为过去式了
Much as it pains me to admit it,
承认这点对我来说很痛苦
you have become something of a crutch.
但你已经成为我不可或缺的拐杖了
I need to get used to working by myself again.
我得习惯再次一个人的工作
Are you sure? Positive.
你确定, 非常肯定
In fact, I encourage you
事实上,我鼓励你
to leave for your appointment immediately.
立即马上去赴你的约
This is good. Exciting.
这样很好,很刺激
I shall keep you apprised of my progress via e-mail.
我会通过邮件告诉你我的进程的
So, it's been a while since I've been here.
我已经有一段时间没来了
It's been really busy.
最近一直很忙
With?
和谁
Sherlock. It's our last week together,
夏洛克,这是我们在一起的最后一周了
so I'm trying to get us both ready.
所以我在尝试让彼此能接受离别
I'm your therapist, Joan.
我是你的治疗师,乔恩
My confidentiality protects your confidentiality.
我的保密性会保证你的隐私不外泄
How does he feel about you leaving?
他对你的离开是怎么想的
I think he's ready.
我想他做好心理准备了
I mean, he told me to take off early this morning
我是说,今早他告诉我早点离开
so that he could work on his new case without me.
这样他才能习惯查案时没有我在身边
You must have mixed feelings.
你的感受肯定很复杂
I know how invigorating you've found his work.
我知道你在和他工作时,又有了活力
You went from being a surgeon to an addiction counselor.
过去你从外科医生变成了戒毒陪护
There's no reason you couldn't make another change,
没道理说你不能再次改变啊
pursue work of a more investigative nature.
去从事一个有更多调查性的工作
Yeah-I-I'm not interested
我没有兴趣
in becoming an investigator.
成为一个侦探
I like what I do right now.
我喜欢我现在的工作
Well, there's the rub, I'm afraid.
恐怕这就是问题所在了
Short of your client falling off the wagon,
没有客户你就脱离了工作的范畴
your "Right now"
你所说的现在
is coming to an end.
也就是结束了
Thanks for the effort.
谢谢你的服侍
Thanks, baby.
多谢惠顾,宝贝儿
So, what do you do?
所以,你是做什么的
Before I go,
我走之前
you want another go?
还想再来一次吗
Do you mind, love?
亲爱的,介意让开点吗
The Arsenal are playing.
阿森纳正在比赛
Thanks again, baby.
再次感谢,宝贝儿
This was fun.
我很舒服
Hey. I got your text.
我收到你的短信了
Meet Ian Vickers.
来见见伊恩·维克斯
Washed up not long ago on Roosevelt Island.
前不久在罗斯福岛被冲上岸的
Thus narrowing M's dump site
因此将M的弃尸场所
to the entire east side of Manhattan.
缩小到了整个曼哈顿东区
My money's on the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
我觉得是在布鲁克林海军船厂
Oil in the hair.
头发上有油
I noticed.
我注意到了
There's a high concentration of industrial engine oil
海军船厂附近海域有高浓度的
around the navy yard.
工业润滑油
I donated to the cleanup effort a couple years ago.
几年前,我给那儿的清理工作捐过钱
I'm gonna miss this.
我会想念这个的
Well, maybe not this, but...
不是这个尸体
this.
是破案
Working with you.
和你一起破案
I think what you do is amazing.
我认为你所做的非同凡响
I wanted to tell you that at our "Wrap-up dinner"
我本想在我们的总结晚餐时告诉你的
but it seems less and less likely that's gonna happen.
但似乎这样晚餐的机会越来越少了
Anyway, I'm gonna wait outside-- just give me
好吧,我在外面等你
a five-minute warning, and I'll call a cab.
提前五分钟告诉我,我叫出租车
So, given that it's after 11:00, our delivery options
所以考虑到要在11点以后
are a little more limited.
我们的交付选项就多了很多限制
There is that Vietnamese place on 23rd,
23号街上有家越南菜馆
but I think you said it was a front for songbird smuggling.
但我记得你说过它是走私飞禽的掩护地
Watson, I need you to be very, very quiet right now.
华生,现在需要你非常非常安静
Why?
怎么了
Because I believe our home has just become a crime scene.
因为我想,我们家成了一个犯罪现场
"Men make plans, God laughs.
"谋事在人,成事在天
I am laughing at you now, as I always have.
而我就是天,一如往昔
You think you honor me with your pursuit,
你以为屈尊降贵追捕我,是我的荣幸
You do not.
你错了
You are a mouse chasing a lion,
自不量力,以卵击石
a mere planet in orbit of a raging sun."
必将自取灭亡"
You talk to Ellis and Hitch yet?
你问过艾利斯和希契了吗
Yeah. They were parked out front all night
问了,他们的车整夜都停在前门外
and never saw anyone come near the door.
没看见有人接近大门
He came in the back.
他是从后门进来的
The lock on the rear door was picked.
后门的锁被撬开了
Quite expertly, I might add.
我得承认,手段相当高明
I guess this answers the question
看来他来到纽约
about whether he came to New York for you, huh?
确实是为了你,对吧
My sincerest apologies, Captain.
向你表示最诚恳的歉意,警监
If I'd have had any notion that my presence here
要是我知道我在这里出现
would have drawn him to your city...
会把他也引来的话...
Hey, hey, uh, he's the twist, okay? Not you.
别这么说,犯罪的是他,不是你
You two should go pack a few things.
你们俩该去整理一下东西
I'm taking you to a safe house
在M的案子了结之前
until all this... M stuff gets resolved.
我会安排你们住在安全的地方
Captain, I hardly think that that's necessary.
警监,我觉得没必要
Wha...? There's a psychopath with 37 notches
什么,一个身背37条命案的
in his belt that is targeting you
变态杀手已经盯上你了
and was inside your home.
还潜入过你家
Look, if he wanted me dead, he would have lain in wait,
如果他真想要我的命,就不会干等
not left some bombastic note.
更不会留这么矫揉造作的字条
Holmes... He wants the game.
福尔摩斯, 他在玩一场游戏
He wants me fully engaged.
他想要我全情参与
That's all.
仅此而已
If you're concerned, feel free
你要是还担心
to leave additional security at the back of the building.
请随便在后门加派人手
But I assure you, I am safe as houses here.
但我向你保证,我在这比去哪都安全
I guess that leaves you, Miss Watson.
你意下如何,华生小姐
I'm staying.
我也留下
I go where he goes, remember?
我得和他在一起,你记得吗
Thank you very much.
非常感谢
Good night.
晚安
I'm heading to bed.
我要睡了
What's all that?
你在看什么
Oh, it's another of my father's properties.
这是我爸的另一处房产
I'm... thinking of moving when you and I part ways.
我在考虑等我们分道扬镳之后搬家
Since when?
什么时候想到的
Since our humble home
自从我们的陋居
was penetrated so easily by a madman.
被一个疯子轻而易举地闯进来之后
But you told Captain Gregson you weren't worried.
但你和格雷森警监说你不担心
I'm not.
我是不担心
I'm just thinking ahead.
我只是提前打算
My enemies are legion.
我的敌人不计其数
The next one might leave more than just a note.
下一个可能就不是留纸条这么简单了
So much for the giant apiary in my bedroom.
没什么比我卧室里的大蜂房更可怕了
Everyone else is gone, correct? It's just us?
大家都走了,对吗,就我俩吗
Just us.
就我俩
Yo, man, I got these knockoff Gucci shades--
老兄,我这有几副山寨的古驰墨镜...
20 bucks, and they're yours.
一口价20块,就归你了
No, thanks.
不用,谢谢
All right, too Euro-trash?
好吧,是不是太欧洲范儿了
I got more of an American feel for you.
我帮你找点更本土的
I got some movies. I got all the new releases.
我这有电影碟片,新上映的都有
Even got a couple Oscar bait in here. Back off.
连奥斯卡的热门片也有, 让开
Come on, man,
别这样,老兄
could you just check it out for me, please?
拜托你随便看看吧
I said back off!
我说滚开
Yo, dawg, you just broke my phone.
老兄,你把我手机摔坏了
Yeah, that's right, you better run.
做得对,你最好快逃
Sorry to bother you.
抱歉,打扰了
He was making his way up to your stoop.
他想从门前的露台上来
Claims to be a friend of Mr. Holmes.
声称自己是福尔摩斯先生的朋友
You know him?
你认识他吗
I don't. And Sherlock isn't here at the moment.
不认识,而且夏洛克现在不在家
Look, Holmes told me to text him, but I couldn't
福尔摩斯让我发短信给他,但我发不了
'cause I broke my phone. That's the only reason I'm here.
因为我手机摔坏了,所以我只能来这了
Say the word, and we'll send him on his way.
只要你说句话,我就把他带走
You a friend of his?
你是他的朋友吗
Associate. He doesn't have any friends.
同伴,他没有朋友
It's okay, he can stay.
没事,他能留下
Captain said stop anyone and everyone. Black?
警监说任何人都不能放过, 特别是黑人吗
You know, if I need you, I will use the radio
要是需要你帮忙,我会用贝尔警探
that Detective Bell left for me.
给我的无线电叫你的
All right.
好吧
Thank you.
谢谢
Are you a hooker?
你是妓女吗
No.
不是
I know how Holmes rolls.
我了解福尔摩斯的作风
Right. 'Cause you're his associate.
是啊,因为你是他的同伴
Hey... I've never actually been inside this place.
其实我还从没进来过
So, how do you know Sherlock?
你是怎么认识夏洛克的
A while back, me and a buddy
前阵子,我和一个兄弟
were scamming on Washington Square Park.
在华盛顿广场公园那偷东西
I'd chat the folks up, Levon'd steal their wallets.
我去找人搭讪,莱文趁机偷他们钱包
No one made us except for Holmes.
没人发现我们,除了福尔摩斯
He told us to give the stuff back.
他让我们把东西还回去
But he didn't turn us in.
不过他也没告发我们
Now he just uses us sometimes.
他只是偶尔利用一下我们
What do you mean he uses you?
他利用你们是什么意思
Little earlier he came up to me and a few of my boys
先前他来找我和几个兄弟
and told us to check out a few hotels, look for this guy.
让我们帮他调查几家酒店,找这个男人
Said he had a few hundred for whoever could find him.
悬赏几百块
And I found him-- so I'm here to collect.
我找到他了,所以我来这拿钱
If this is who I think it is, he's dangerous.
如果他就是那个人,那他很危险
You shouldn't have been near him.
你不应该接近他
Yeah, Holmes warned us about sticky to the public places.
福尔摩斯警告我们一定要在公众场所调查
I followed him, even got him to talk to me,
我跟踪了他,还逮着机会和他搭讪
so I could be sure it was him.
所以我敢肯定就是他
He's a Brit, just like Holmes said.
他是英国人,就像福尔摩斯说的
Is he gonna be here soon?
他快回来了吗
'Cause I need to get paid.
我想找他拿钱
Care to explain this?
想解释一下这个吗
I got it from a friend of yours-Teddy.
你的一个朋友,泰迪给我的
No?
否认
What about this?
那这个怎么说
I took a look around the house while you were out.
趁你不在家,我仔细检查了一遍这间房子
I found three others just like it.
又找出了三个一模一样的东西
I can only imagine
我无法想象
how many I didn't find.
还有多少我没找到
That's funny, when I moved in here,
有意思的是,我搬进来的时候
you didn't mention anything about your little,
你可没提到你的小型
uh... surveillance system.
监视系统
This is my sanctum sanctorum.
这是我的幽闭圣地
Did you honestly believe there wouldn't be security measures?
你真的以为这里没有安全措施吗
Okay.
好吧
Is that M?
这是M吗
You told a bunch of children to go to upscale hotels
你让一帮孩子去高档宾馆
to look for him. Why?
找他,为什么
Note the hands.
注意看双手
Vintage MG driving gloves -- quite expensive.
复古款马丁·汀曼牌驾驶员手套,很贵的
But not nearly as expensive as his John Varvatos shoes.
但仍然不及他的约翰·瓦维托斯牌皮鞋贵
M has money.
M挺有钱的
That much is obvious.
这是明显的
He's also a recent emigrant To New York.
他还是最近刚来纽约的外地人
Why did I assume that he would be in a hotel
为什么我会假设他待在一家宾馆里
as opposed to a property he might own?
而不是在他自己的房子里
Well, it's quite simple.
这挺简单的
I noted a curious scent
我注意到在他留的纸条上
on the note that he left.
有一股奇妙的香味
I quickly realized it was, in fact,
我很快就意识到
a combination of scents.
那是多种香味的混合
Those of the high-end hand soap
香味来自高档的香皂
and an even higher-end mint-based shampoo.
以及更高档的薄荷基的洗发水
Each product is used by various upscale hotels
城里面的多家高档宾馆都使用了
around the city, but only one chain,
其中之一,不过只有一家连锁
the Betancourt, stocks both.
两者都有,贝当古
My lieutenants and I
我的手下和我
each took a Betancourt, and watched for M.
各自在一家贝当古寻找M
That's all very impressive, but I want to know
这真厉害,但是我想知道
why you shared a photo of a wanted serial killer
为什么你把一张连环杀人犯的照片
with a bunch of kids instead of going to the NYPD.
给一群小孩看了,而不是去找警察
Several weeks ago, you learned of the existence
几周前,你听说过
of a woman named Irene Adler.
一位叫艾琳·艾德勒的女人
I told you she'd died.
我告诉你她死了
M killed her.
是M杀害了她
Obviously, he realized the degree to which I was assisting
显然他意识到在英国警方对他的缉捕中
the British police in their hunt to find him.
我在一定程度上帮了忙
He zeroed in on me, made things personal.
他将枪口对准我,这是私仇
As to why I am withholding information from the NYPD,
至于为什么我向纽约警署隐瞒消息
it's quite simple: I have no intention
很简单,我并没有
of capturing M.
逮捕M的意图
I have every intention of torturing...
我的意图是折磨他
and murdering him.
并且杀掉他
What do you mean you plan to torture and murder M?
你说你计划要杀死M是什么意思
Hard to imagine I could have been much clearer, Watson.
我说得不能再清楚了,华生
Hey, this isn't a joke.
这不是个玩笑
No. This is revenge.
不,这是复仇
Wait, how are you so calm?
等等,你为什么这么冷静
I'll let you in on a little secret.
我要告诉你个小小的秘密
I'm not calm.
我不冷静
I'm merely presenting a calm exterior.
我只是表面上装着很冷静
Inside, I am roiling.
我内心正在翻腾
I've been dreaming about this moment
我最近这段时间
quite some time: one year, six months,
一直梦见这个瞬间,具体来说是
22 days, to be exact.
1年零6个月22天
That's when he killed her.
那是他杀害她的时间
Irene.
艾琳
We'd been together seven months by then.
那时候我们在一起已经七个月了
I won't bore you with the details of our courtship.
我不会说那些无聊的恋爱细节
Suffice it to say...
简而言之
I was quite smitten.
我当时受到的打击挺大的
Up until that point in my life,
在那个人生的转折点之前
I'd found most women quite boring,
我以为女人都挺无趣的
a perfumed and pillowy means to a physiological end.
无非就是哄骗上床罢了
Irene was different.
艾琳则不同
You were in love.
你陷入爱河了
Prior to her murder, my drug use had been...
在她被谋杀之前,我吸毒...
recreational.
只是为了消遣
Something to do when I was bored
我无聊时做的事
or in need of a boost during a particularly
或是在解决非常棘手的案件时
challenging investigation.
需要的动力
After Irene, well, I lost control.
艾琳死后,我失去控制了
I used... various stimulants
在我试图帮助当局确认M的时候
as I tried to help the authorities identify M.
我服用了多种兴奋剂
Once went several weeks without sleeping. Yeah.
有一次我几周都没有睡觉
When the trail finally went cold,
当案件最后无疾而终时
I turned to opiates.
我开始服用鸦片制剂
Look, I'm grateful to know the whole story,
感谢你把整个故事告诉我
but you've come a long way since London.
但是你大老远从伦敦逃到这
I'm not gonna let you
我不能就这么让你
risk it all by chasing down a psychopath.
付出一切去追寻一个变态
You know, I don't think you understand, Watson.
我不认为你明白了,华生
Without you, none of this would have been possible.
没有你,这些就不会变成可能
Everything that you've helped me do these past six weeks--
近六周来你帮我做的所有事情
every-every meeting you've dragged me to,
你带我去的每个聚会
every exercise you've compelled me to perform--
你逼我做得每个练习
it's all been in preparation for this moment.
这一切都是为了这一刻而做的准备
I'm not throwing away anything I've learned.
我不是要将我所学的全部抛弃
I'm using it.
我在利用我学到的知识
I am as clearheaded and as focused as I have ever been.
我一如既往地神志清醒和聚精会神
There's a clarity to my thinking that's...
思维的清晰度
frightening.
让人战栗
I didn't help you stay sober so you could become a murderer.
我帮你戒毒不是要让你变成杀人犯
Well, you didn't realize that's what you were doing.
只是你没发觉而已
Nor did I.
我也没有
Not until I walked in
直到那天
on that crime scene the other day.
我走进犯罪现场
I saw M's handiwork.
看到M的杰作
I realized I'd been given a second chance.
我才意识到我得到了第二次机会
Is that why you didn't want me to help you
这就是为什么那天
with the M files the other day?
你不想让我看M的档案吗
Because you knew I'd see Irene's name
因为你知道我会看见艾琳的名字
and realize you were up to something?
并且意识到你在打鬼主意
I was the only one who could make that connection.
我是唯一能将二者联系起来的人
I'd hoped we would never have to have this conversation.
我希望我们从来没有进行过这段对话
I don't want you feeling responsible for something
我不想你认为,你要对我必须做的事
that I have to do.
负责任
You lied to me
你骗了我
because you know what you're planning to do is wrong.
因为你知道你计划做的事是错误的
If you were considering following me,
如果你考虑跟着我的话
I strongly advise against it.
我坚决劝告你不要这么做
I'm not gonna follow you.
我不会跟着你的
But you know
但是你知道
that I'm gonna have to call Captain Gregson.
我会打电话给格雷森警监
You do as you feel you must, Watson.
你做你认为应做的事,华生
I'll do the same.
我也一样
Theodore.
西奥多
Heard you met another of my associates today.
听说你今天见过我另一个同伴
She said you had something for me.
她说你有东西给我
That depends.
那得看情况了
You got something for me?
你有东西给我吗
Right.
这就对了
Now, tell me everything you saw today.
现在把你今天看到的一切都告诉我
What is it?
怎么了
Bavaro, you okay?
巴瓦洛,你怎么了
Where the heck did you get that?
你从哪儿找到的那个
Son of a bitch.
狗娘养的
I am pissed.
气死我了
I get revenge.
我被摆了一道
I've lost friends on the job to scumbags.
我在抓捕坏人的过程中失去过朋友
Believe me, there's been more
相信我,我曾经
than a few times I thought about
无数次想过
taking things into my own hands.
要自己来处理这些事
But I didn't. Now, he may not be a cop,
但是我没有,现在他也许算不上是警察
but he's been around law enforcement
但他在这一行经验丰富
long enough to know that.
自己会有数的
This Teddy kid.
那个小孩
What did he say about the killer?
关于凶手他说了些什么
Just that he was staying at an upscale hotel.
只说他住在一家高档酒店
Sherlock deduced that it was, uh, the Betancourt chain.
夏洛克推断是贝当古连锁酒店
I'm gonna have my guys go to all the Betancourt hotels,
我会派人去查所有的贝当古酒店
see if we can't scoop him up.
看看我们能不能先抓住他
I don't think M is the only one we need to be looking for.
我不认为M是我们唯一要找的人
If he isn't at his hotel,
如果他不在酒店
Sherlock may already have him.
就说明夏洛克可能捷足先登了
Arsenal looking a bit ragged now as play continues.
比赛继续后,阿森纳看起来有点被动
Santiago moving right. The young Spaniard
圣地亚哥跑向右路,这个年轻西班牙球员
looking good here in his first match. Taylor tracking back
的处女秀表现得不错,泰勒从中场回防
through midfield, nipping at his heels.
紧随其后
Oh, and a hard tackle from Taylor.
泰勒一记凶狠的阻挡
Looks like Browns is reaching
看样子布朗在
for his pocket. Yes, a yellow card here
掏他的口袋了,没错,泰勒在进行到
for Taylor in the 70th minute. That'll certainly make things
70分钟时吃到一张黄牌,这下局势
interesting for the Gunners as they cling
对枪手来说一下子就变得有趣了
to a tenuous one-nil lead.
因为他们仅仅保持着1比0的微弱优势
That's a joke. He hardly touched him.
开什么玩笑,他几乎没碰到他
Arsenal fan.
阿森纳球迷
As if I didn't have enough reasons to despise you.
似乎你说的没错
You.
你
Me.
我
Baton.
看棒
I hope you don't mind being
我希望你不介意被
hung right-side up-I know you prefer the opposite
正面绑起来,我知道你喜欢站在
for your victims.
受害者的对面
You figured out where you're gonna start yet?
你想好从哪儿开始了吗
I have not.
还没
I had hoped to use the...
我想过要用
bees in some fashion, but then it occurred to me
蜜蜂来凑活凑活,但是我想到
you might be allergic.
你可能会过敏
After all this trouble,
经过这么多波折
I'd hate for our fun to be over too soon.
我不喜欢我们的乐趣这么快就结束
That would be a pity.
那太令人遗憾了
Bit surprised at you, though.
不过我对你有点惊讶
I thought you as more of a by-the-book kind of bloke.
我以为你是纸上谈兵的家伙
So, why here, huh?
为什么要带我来这里
Why not take me straight to the nick?
为什么不直接把我送进监狱
I think you know why.
我以为你知道的
I think I don't.
我觉得我不知道
Irene.
艾琳
Pretending the name isn't familiar to you
假装不知道这个名字
will not make things any easier for you.
对你没什么好处
Addison?
阿迪森
Adler.
艾德勒
Irene Adler.
艾琳·艾德勒
Got killed in her flat,
在她的公寓被杀
Camden Lock, about a year and a half ago.
在康登水闸那里,大约一年半以前
Sorry to disappoint you, mate,
很抱歉让你失望了,兄弟
but it wasn't me.
但那不是我
No, of course it wasn't.
不,当然不是你
It was probably the other blood-draining madman
有可能是另一个带着三角架的
with the tripod device, hmm?
着魔的疯子
I was banged up in Brixton for six months.
我当时在布里克斯顿蹲了六个月监狱
Not for the killing, of course.
肯定没机会下手
I had a misunderstanding with a Man United fan.
我和一个曼联的球迷有点误会
He was running around slagging off the Arsenal.
他到处诋毁阿森纳
Didn't paralyze him. I just bashed him up a bit.
我没打残他,只是把他稍微痛扁了一顿
And while I was doing the stretch,
当我在做这些的时候
read in the papers that the notorious "M" had struck again.
看到报纸上说臭名昭著的M又出现了
Imagine my surprise.
想想看我有多惊喜
But you disappoint me.
但是你让我失望了
And Scotland Yard, of course.
还有苏格兰场也是
Falling for that copycat so easily?
那么容易就上了一个模仿者的当
Tell me. You and Miss Adler
告诉我,你和艾德勒小姐
an item?
是一对吗
I have to say, I'm a little disappointed in you.
我不得不说,你让我有点失望
I thought you'd be a much better liar.
我以为你会更擅长说谎
I'm not lying.
我没说谎
Well, why would you--
那当你面对死亡时
when facing an agonizing death?
为什么会...
Ex-Royal Marine.
前皇家海军陆战队员
Death's an old friend.
死亡我见多了
Is he?
你确定
What about torture?
那酷刑呢
Is he an old friend, too?
你也见多了吗
You made me a shambles of a man.
是你曾让我生不如死
Now I'm simply returning the favor.
现在我要还给你
I was on the floor.
我当时倒在地板上
I was screaming,
我在尖叫
but the tape was so tight around my mouth, I cou...
但是胶带把我的嘴绑得太紧了
Oh, oh. I couldn't...
我不能
It's okay. It's okay, Ms. Cullen.
没事,卡伦夫人
Take your time.
慢慢说
That's when I saw the second man's feet.
那时候我看到了第二个男人的脚
He walked right by me.
他走到我右边
Did you get a look at his face?
你看到他的脸了吗
He said something to the man who tied me up,
他对绑我的人说了点什么
but I-I couldn't hear them over the TV,
但是我听不到他们说什么,电视太吵了
but then after a minute,
但是一分钟以后
the second man came back into the hall.
第二个男人回到了前厅
He said he would cut me free.
他说会放了我
He said he didn't want me to turn around.
让我先别回去
And he said I should wait ten minutes
他还让我等上十分钟
and then call the police.
再报警
He even said, "Please."
他甚至对我说了"请"
Did he have an accent?
他说话有口音吗
I think he was British.
我觉得他是英国人
I think the first man was British, too.
我觉得第一个也是英国人
He was watching a British soccer game...
他在用我的电视
on my TV.
看英国的足球比赛
Do you remember any other details about either man?
你还记得有关他们任何人的细节吗
The second one,
第二个人
the one that set me free--
放我走的那个人
he had some sort of chalk
他的鞋子上有某种
on his shoes. Chalk?
记号, 记号
Powder.
粉末
It was white.
白色的
Miss Cullen?
卡伦小姐
Oh, I'm sorry. Excuse us.
对不起,失陪一下
I think I know where Sherlock went.
我想我知道夏洛克去哪儿了
Last night he was looking at photos
昨晚他看过
of one of his father's
他父亲在纽约的
other properties in New York.
另一处房产
He said he was thinking about moving.
他说他在考虑搬家
But maybe he was looking for a place
但也许他是在找地方
to take M after he found him.
准备抓到M以后囚禁他
Well, what makes you think that would be the place?
你为什么觉得会是那个地方
It was being renovated. There was white powder everywhere.
那里被翻新过,到处都是白色粉末
Do you have an address?
你知道地址吗
No.
不知道
I think I know how we can find one.
但是我想我知道怎么找到地址
Anybody ever tell you you punch like a woman?
有人说过你的拳头像女人一样无力吗
Yeah, a woman did once.
是的,有个女人这么说过
But she was much bigger than me.
但是她比我壮多了
And the abductor of young girls
还是个绑架年轻姑娘
that she used to turn a profit in the sex trade, so...
去卖淫的老鸨
Well, for a ponce, you move pretty quick.
对于一个娘娘腔来说,你动作还算快
What, I dropped my first body here, what, 72 hours ago?
我刚到这儿是什么时候, 72小时以前
What'd you do, jump on a plane?
你怎么做到的,从飞机上跳下来的吗
Where am I supposed to have flown in from?
你觉得我是从哪儿来的
Uh... London?
伦敦
What makes you think I'd gone back there?
你为什么会觉得我要回到那儿去
What are you talking about, "Gone back"?
你说什么, "回去"
You trying to tell me you live here now?
你想告诉我你现在住在这儿吗
You know I live here.
你知道我住在这儿
You were in my home the other night.
你前几天去过我家
You left a note. That's how I found you.
还留了字条,所以我才找到你的
That was your place?
那是你家
You don't look well, M.
你看起来不太好, M
You-You don't mind if I call you M, do you?
你不介意我叫你M 对吧
Something's not right.
有点不对劲
I'm not what you think I am.
我不是你想的那个人
I'm not a serial killer. I'm an assassin.
我不是连环杀人狂,我是个杀手
I have an employer.
我有雇主
Listen...
听着
I received the names of everyone I killed for him.
我接收他要杀的每一个人的名字
He pays me.
他付我报酬
I already told you you're a terrible liar, didn't I?
我已经说了你是个很烂的骗子
I'm not lying.
我没撒谎
He sold me out.
他把我出卖了
He never told me you was here.
他没告诉我你在这儿
Who didn't?
谁
My employer.
我的雇主
The MOs, the notes,
受害者,字条
all that "Serial killer" Bullocks!
所有关于连环杀人狂的东西都是胡扯
That was him!
那是他
Let's pretend that I believe you.
假设我相信你
What was his motive for killing 37 people?
他杀死37个人的动机是什么
I don't know. I never met him.
我不知道,我从没见过他
He sends me coded message on my cell phone.
他把密码短信发到我手机上
It's there in my jacket.
就在我的夹克里
Have a look if you don't believe me.
如果不信你就去看一下
Gobbledygook.
这真是天书啊
Proves nothing.
证明不了什么
Sebastian Moran-- that's my real name.
塞巴斯蒂安·莫兰,那是我的真名
Look it up!
好好想想
The fight I was in-- there was a trial,
我参与斗殴,因此吃过官司
it was in the papers.
有文件记载的
I couldn't have hurt your girl.
我不可能伤害你的姑娘
You'll see I'm telling the truth.
你会明白我说的都是实话的
He always talked about you.
他经常提到你
Must have been obsessed or something.
一定是弄错了或者什么
Had a fascination.
真有趣
He never told me you was here,
他从没说过你在这儿
and he sure as hell never told me
也绝对没有告诉我
that was your apartment I broke into.
我闯进的是你家
I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one that killed your
如果是他杀了你心爱的艾琳
precious Irene.
我一点都不会奇怪
No.
不
Don't let him play you as well.
别让他把你耍了
No.
不
It's you.
是你
Has to be.
就是你
Listen.
听着
You can kill me for all the others,
你可以为别人而杀了我
but your girl...
但是你的姑娘
that was him.
是他杀的
That was Moriarty.
是莫里亚蒂干的
Just heard from the Buildings Department,
刚从建设部门得到消息
and they said that Holmes' dad's company
他们说福尔摩斯父亲的公司
applied for a remodeling permit
六个月前申请过
about six months ago on a loft in Brooklyn.
布鲁克林一座公寓的改造许可
The address is 3203 North Sixth Street.
地址是北第六街3203号
They got any other building permits out at the moment?
那时候他们批过别的建筑许可吗
No.
没有
Well, then, let's assume that's the one we're looking for.
我们假设那就是我们要找的地方
Tell ESU to meet me there.
让紧急勤务小组在那儿见我
Moriarty's who you want, not me.
莫里亚蒂才是你要找的人,不是我
I seem to recall you saying you were not afraid to die.
我似乎想起来你说过你不怕死
It's not fear I'm feeling right now.
我现在不是害怕
It's anger.
是愤怒
Righteous anger.
委屈的愤怒
Moriarty sold me out, and I'm gonna get even.
莫里亚蒂出卖了我,我要报复
You're a monster.
你是个怪物
A sadist.
施虐狂
A murderer.
杀人犯
All of those...
那都...
But I'm not
但我不是
a liar.
一个骗子
Reach out to Brixton Prison,
联系布里克斯顿监狱
they'll tell you that I was locked up
他们会告诉你艾琳被杀时
when Irene was killed.
我还被关在监狱里
No.
不
I couldn't have been in two places at once.
我不可能同时在两个地方出现
Look at me, Holmes.
看着我,福尔摩斯
I'm telling the truth. You killed her.
我说的是实话, 你杀了她
I never touched a hair on her head!
我从没碰过她
You killed her.
你杀了她
Moriarty said you was obsessed with puzzles.
莫里亚蒂说你痴迷于谜题
But he's greatest puzzle you'll ever come across.
他是你至今为止遇到的最难的谜题
You kill me now,
你现在杀了我
and you'll be killing the best clue you ever had.
你就失去了最好的线索
I knew you'd make the right decision.
我知道你会做出正确的选择
You're a rare thing in this world, Holmes.
福尔摩斯,你与众不同
You're an honorable man.
你是个可敬的人
A famous statistician once stated
一个著名的统计员说过
that while the individual man is an insoluble puzzle,
虽然每个人都是难解的谜
in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
可是把人类聚合起来,就有了定律
You can, for example,
例如,你不能
never foretell what any one man will do.
预测每一个人的做法
But you can, with precision,
但是你能准确地
say what an average man will do.
推算一个普通人的做法
Individuals vary,
每个个体都不同
percentages remain constant.
但比例保持不变
So says the statistician.
统计员也这么认为
I am not an average man.
我不是普通人
Stay here.
呆在这里
Holmes! If you're in here, get down on the ground right now!
福尔摩斯,如果你在里面,趴下别动
Clear!
安全
Clear!
安全
Yeah.
喂
Are you kidding me?
你在开玩笑吗
Were we too late?
我们来晚了吗
Yeah, we were.
是的,我们来晚了
Just got a call from Bell.
刚接到贝尔的电话
Holmes just walked into the station five minutes ago...
福尔摩斯五分钟前到了警局
with M.
还带着M
For the last time, mate, Holmes did not abduct me.
我再说一遍,福尔摩斯没有绑架我
I lured him to Miss Cullen's place,
是我把他引到卡伦女士家的
and then he followed me to that loft.
然后他又跟踪我到那栋阁楼
A loft just happened to be owned by his father?
那里碰巧是他父亲的财产
Yeah, I was aware of that.
我知道这些
I just thought it'd be pretty cool if they found Holmes' body
如果发现福尔摩斯的尸体躺在
at his father's property.
他父亲的房子里,这很棒
Can you explain your injuries
你能再解释一下
one more time?
你的伤吗
I went at him.
我扑向他
He defended himself.
他正当防卫
It's as simple as that.
就这么简单
He stabbed you.
他刺伤了你
Eventually, yeah.
最后刺到我的
Miracle, really.
真是个奇迹
He missed every major organ,
刚才给我检查的医生说
according to the doc that looked me over in the cell.
他没刺中要害
Lucky.
真幸运
What can I say?
我能说什么呢
I've led a charmed life.
我过着充满传奇的生活
You're missing out on quite a story back there.
你错过了一个好故事呢
The stab wound he sustained?
他身上的伤
He claims he got it in a struggle,
他说是在厮打中造成的
but I'm pretty sure if he had,
但我确信,如果情况像他所讲
there would've been more damage.
他应该不止这一处伤
Looks more like he was stationary.
看上去更像是站着不动
Maybe even restrained.
或者被吊了起来
I used to be a surgeon.
我做过外科医生
I don't know if I could've found a way to stab a man
我都不能保证刺伤一个人
without actually doing any real harm.
还能避开所有要害器官
If that's what you meant to do, I'm impressed.
如果你是故意这么做的,我很佩服
If you're trying to make some sort of point...
如果你是想要证明些什么...
He presumed to know me
警察假设他认识我
and he needed to be shown that he did not.
而他要证明他不认识我
He says he's willing to confess to all the murders,
他承认了所有的谋杀
but he won't give you up.
但是不会出卖你
He believes that he's been wronged.
他认为自己被冤枉了
He thinks I'm the best chance he has
他认为我是最有可能帮他找出
at bringing whoever wronged him to justice.
陷害他的人
Are you planning on helping him?
你打算帮他吗
He killed Irene.
他杀了艾琳
No.
不
As it turns out, he did not.
不是他做的
He was incarcerated at the time she died.
艾琳死时他还在监狱里
I confirmed it a short while ago.
我刚确认过
I'm sorry that I lied to you, Watson.
很抱歉对你说谎,华生
The last few days have been quite... vexing.
过去的几天令我很烦恼
Even now, I'm not certain
直到现在,我也不确定
if I've done the right thing in allowing M to live.
让M先生活下来对不对
It's strange, really.
这种感觉很奇怪
I'm rarely conflicted about the decisions I make.
我几乎从不怀疑自己的决定
That's the beauty of deductive reasoning, I suppose.
因为演绎法的准确率很高
It makes a science of almost everything.
它让所有的事都有了科学依据
Not this.
但这次不同
I'm gonna miss this.
我会怀念这一切的
Maybe not this so much.
也许不是这一段
But this.
而是所有的这一切
Working with you.
和你一起破案的时光
I think what you do is amazing.
你做得很棒
I'm sorry our last days together had to go so poorly.
很抱歉最后这几天过得这么差
Hi, this is Joan Watson calling from New York.
你好,我是纽约的乔恩·华生
Is Mr. Holmes available?
我找福尔摩斯先生
Okay.
好的
Can you just tell him...
麻烦你告诉他
I'm worried about his son
我很担心他儿子
and I'd like to stay on a bit longer?
希望能再呆一段时间
Watson, what is it?
华生,是什么
Um, I called your father last night.
我昨晚给你父亲打电话了
Given everything that's happened,
鉴于现在的情况
I recommended staying on a while longer.
我建议我多呆一段时间
And?
结果呢
He agreed.
他同意了
I suppose the apiary will have to wait.
看来蜂房要等些时间再造了