手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法第一季 > 正文

福尔摩斯基本演绎法第一季(MP3+中英字幕) 第6集 调查坠机事故

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Too loud?

太响了
Sorry.
抱歉
I went downstairs to get some cereal.
我下楼去拿麦片
Didn't want to miss anything.
不想错过任何信息
This city has excellent scanner apps,
这个城市的对讲装置非常好
but there's nothing like the tactility
但是没什么能比得上
of the original devices-- all those dials and buttons.
原始设备的触感,那些调节器和按钮
You like pushing buttons; I'm stunned.
你喜欢按按钮(也指喜欢挑起争端),我很震惊
You've been glued to these for the last few days.
这几天你就黏在这上面了
It's a slow week.
这周不太景气
At least in regards to murder and mayhem.
至少在谋杀和故意伤害方面
Captain Gregson hasn't called once.
格雷森警监一个电话也没打来
Maybe some lunatic will
也许某个疯子
put his mother-in-law in the wood chipper,
会把自己的岳母塞进碎木机
give you something to do today.
给你点事情做
Uh, I need to talk to you about something.
我要和你说件事
That's never good.
肯定不是好事
Your father e-mailed me last night before I went to bed.
昨晚我睡前收到你父亲的邮件
He's coming into town for business.
他要来市里谈生意
Wants to have dinner.
想一起吃个晚饭
What's so funny?
有什么好笑的
Him. Dinner. Us.
你,他,我们
You.
吃完饭
Remind me, Watson: how many times
提醒我一下,华生,你真正见过
have you actually met the man?
那个男人几次
Never.
从没
That's because he secured your services
因为他把请你担任我的
as my sober companion electronically.
康戒陪护这件事电子化了
Yeah, but... And all of your
是的,但是... 你们后续的
subsequent correspondence has been via e-mail
所有通信都是通过电子邮件
or through one of his legion of personal assistants.
或者通过他私人助理团队的某个人
So? So, take it from someone
所以呢, 所以,听听一个
who has spent incrementally more time with him than you:
和他相处了更长时间的人说的话
he has zero intention of meeting us for dinner this evening.
他今晚根本不打算跟我们一起用餐
What are you talking about?
你说什么呢
...at Beach 17 Street.
...海滩17街
10-4, multiple units responding. 10-4
多个部门响应
Detective, show me 84 at the scene, over.
警探,在现场84 结束
What is it? Get dressed. We're leaving.
这是什么, 换衣服,马上出发
Do you want to tell me what you just heard?
能告诉我你刚才听到的是什么吗
"10-66." Code for "Unusual incident."
"10-66"是"不寻常事件"的代码
It can mean one of only three things.
只会出现三种情况
Location of the incident-Far Rockaway Beach--
事件发生地点,远洛克威海滩
indicates it's neither a train collision
说明既不是火车相撞
nor a building collapse, which leaves only one possibility.
也不是建筑倒塌,于是只剩下一种可能
Plane crash.
飞机失事
I didn't realize you also investigated accidents?
我不知道你还调查意外事故
We need to find Captain Gregson.
我们要找格雷森警监
He 84'd on the scanner. I heard his voice.
他通过对讲机84了,我听到了他的声音
"84" is confirmation he had arrived on the scene.
"84"是指确认他已经抵达现场
What are you doing here?
你在这干什么
I heard what happened on the scanner;
我通过对讲机知道了发生的事
I thought I might be able to be of assistance.
我觉得我能来帮个忙
This isn't a crime scene, it's a crash site.
这又不是犯罪现场,这是坠机现场
I'm a jack-of- many-trades.
我对很多事都略知一二
When it comes to aviation and air accidents,
不过说到飞机和空难
I'm something of an expert.
我可堪称专家
Good to know, but we've already got all the experts we need.
挺好的,但是我们的专家已经齐全了
This is their scene, not mine.
这里是他们的现场,不是我的
Department's just here to lend a hand.
局里只是来帮忙的
Captain Gregson?
格雷森警监
Yeah?
什么
Some of our looky-loos are getting a little too close for comfort.
一些围观群众离得太近,会妨碍工作
Sergeant, you hear that?
队长,你听到了
Excuse me, Miss, uh...
不好意思,女士...
Molinari.
莫里那瑞
What exactly are we looking at?
调查得如何了
Engine failure? Bird strike?
引擎故障,鸟群撞击
Fatigued wing spar?
翼梁疲劳
Ms. Molinari, uh, this is, uh, Sherlock Holmes.
莫里那瑞女士,这是夏洛克·福尔摩斯
He's a consultant with the NYPD.
他是纽约警局的顾问
Miss Watson.
这位是华生小姐
You have a consultant for plane crashes?
你叫了顾问来调查飞机坠毁
No, he's...
不,他是
A specialist in the field of deductive reasoning.
演绎推理领域的专家
And unraveling the complex chain of events
解决复杂的系列事件
that can turn a triumph of human innovation
能使得人类变革的胜利在几秒内
into a smoldering pile of wreckage in seconds--
变得就像闷烧的废墟
well, I can't think of a more compelling application than that.
我想不到还有什么更引人注目的用途
Well, thank you for the offer, Mr. Holmes,
感谢你的帮助,福尔摩斯先生
but I think we have things covered.
不过我们负责这里的事
Go home, okay?
回家,好么
If you really need something to do, I'll send you
如果你真的闲得没事做,我会给你
some cold case files when I get...
找一些悬案的档案,不过要等我
back to the precinct.
回到管辖区
Holmes!
福尔摩斯
How many of the passengers were attorneys?
有多少乘客是律师
All of them.
全部都是
How did you...? The toiletry kit.
你是怎么... 盥洗包
It's emblazoned with the logo "VeriScript."
上面印有"真实笔迹"的标志
That's a court reporting company
那是家法庭报告公司
hired to transcribe depositions.
雇人转录口供
Obviously given to the lawyers as some sort of promotional gift,
显然是作为某种促销礼物发给律师们
help drum up business.
推动业务发展的
This man's leg was nearly amputated by a piece of fuselage,
这个人的腿几乎要被飞机碎片给割掉了
yet there's virtually no evidence of blood loss on his pants.
但他的裤子上几乎没有出血的痕迹
Laceration like that while his heart was still pumping,
心脏仍在跳动时造成那样的裂伤
that'd make quite a mess, no?
肯定会有大量出血,是吧
To put it mildly.
毫不夸张
Blunt force trauma on the back of his head.
头部遭受钝力损伤
It's a nasty one at that.
可真严重
Someone caved his skull in before the plane hit the ground.
有人在坠机前就弄塌了他的头骨
This man didn't die in a plane crash...
这个人不是死于坠机
he was murdered.
他是被谋杀的
Note the distinctive shape of the wound, the depth,
注意伤口的特殊形状,深度
the severity of damage to the bone, gray matter.
骨头受损的严重程度,脑灰质
The murder weapon wasn't just heavy,
凶器不止很重
it had two prongs at the tip.
顶端有两根刺
A wrench?
扳手
Large one.
大号的
Blow would've killed him instantly.
打击能使他即刻丧命
Has the, uh, has the voice recorder been recovered from the cockpit?
找到机舱里的录音了吗
Not yet.
还没
Any eyewitness accounts of the crash?
有飞机坠毁的目击者吗
One, a jogger.
有一个慢跑者
She said that the plane was gaining altitude
她说飞机正在上升
when the nose suddenly went straight up.
机首突然直线向上
It climbed like that for a while, then shuddered,
那样爬升了一会儿,随后开始震动
tipped to the right and went into a tailspin.
向右倾斜,然后就一头跌落下来
I was thinking wake turbulence or elevator control failure.
我在考虑机尾乱流或是升降舵操作失败
Might want to add "Wrench-wielding madman" to that list.
你也许该把"挥舞扳手的疯子"加上去
The passengers were all attorneys with the same white shoe firm.
乘客都是来自同一家上流公司的律师
Two men, one woman.
两名男性,一名女性
The odds of one of them attacking the other
他们中的一个在这架小飞机的后面
in the back of this small plane with a wrench...
用扳手袭击了另一个人的可能性
You can see how that might be distracting to a pilot, no?
那肯定会令飞行员分心,对吧
Unless the pilot was the killer.
除非飞行员就是凶手
You're saying that the pilot got up from his controls
你是说飞行员离开控制室
to attack a passenger?
去袭击乘客
Drivers get road rage.
驾驶员都有路怒症
Can a pilot get air rage?
飞行员会有空怒症吗
Would you come with me?
过来一下好吗
Let's talk logistics.
咱们来谈谈逻辑学
Did you find something?
发现什么了
Sand.
沙子
Well, yeah...
好吧
th-these granules aren't frosted.
这些颗粒表面很不平整
Natural sand is, um, it's smoother, weathered.
自然的沙子经历了风化,会更光滑
The city must have trucked in new sand
这个城市肯定运输了一批新沙
to offset the erosion on the beach.
用来抵消海滩的侵蚀
Are you okay? You seem a little off,
你还好吗,你看起来有点失常
even for you.
即使你本来就不正常
What? Four people are dead, Watson.
什么,死了四个人,华生
I'm just trying to do my part.
我只是想查清楚
I get it, but whoever killed that attorney
我理解,但是不论是谁杀害了那个律师
must have died in that crash, too, right?
肯定也死于空难了,是吧
Obviously.
很显然
Well, then if there's no killer on the loose,
如果凶手没有逍遥法外
I just, I don't understand why you're sticking around.
我不知道你还在这儿瞎转什么
Because the killer hasn't been identified yet.
因为凶手还没有被确定
We have three suspects.
我们有三个嫌疑人
Dead, alive, doesn't matter.
死的还是活的,无所谓
Two of them are innocent of the crime.
其中有两个是无辜的
Don't you think we owe it to their loved ones to prove that?
你不觉得我们该向他们的亲朋解释清楚吗
Absolutely, but all the police have to do is find the murder weapon.
当然,但是警察需要做的只是找出凶器
Then they can compare fingerprints.
然后他们就能对比指纹
What if they don't find it? What then? Hmm?
要是他们找不到呢,那该怎么办
Also, the killer committed a murder
还有,凶手在一架小飞机上
on a very small plane with a very large wrench.
用很大的扳手实施了一宗谋杀
Now, if the crime was spur-of-the-moment,
如果凶案只是一时冲动
what was the wrench doing there, hmm?
扳手是哪来的
If it was premeditated, what was the killer thinking?
如果是有预谋的,那这个凶手在想什么
He-- or she-- waited
他,或者她,等待着
until they were in an extremely confined space
直到和他们的受害者还有两名目击者
with their would-be victim
进入了一个极度封闭的空间里
and two witnesses. Hmm?
才作案
That seems like a strange time and place
对于一起暴力凶杀案来说
to commit a violent homicide,
这真是诡异的时间和地点
wouldn't you agree?
你同意吗
It's just...
这真是
there's a story here, Watson.
华生,这里面有内情
And we can help tell it.
我们可以解读出来
Or do we just need to stay busy enough
然后我们就可以因为公事繁忙
to miss dinner with your father?
而错过和你父亲的晚餐了
So, CSU's en route to process the scene.
犯罪现场调查组正赶来进行现场调查
NTSB will work their crash,
国家运输安全委员会来处理坠机事件
and we'll work our murder.
而我们去调查谋杀案
If I may make a suggestion, Captain.
警监,如果要我说
We start by speaking with the people
我们应该从询问
who were the last to have seen the victims alive.
最后见到受害者的人开始
Good idea.
好主意
Joe and I were
我和乔
friends for over 20 years.
是20年的老朋友了
This would be Joe Newell, the pilot?
是那个飞行员,乔·内维尔吗
Yeah.
是的
Were you very familiar with the passengers?
你熟悉那些乘客吗
Walter Devlin flew with us quite a bit.
沃特·戴夫林和我们一起飞过很多次了
But that was mostly for cases
多数情况下
that he or his law firm were taking on.
飞机都是他或他的律所雇用的
What about his associates?
那他的合作人呢
Uh, Hank Gerrard and Ellie Wilson?
汉克·杰拉德和艾莉·威尔逊
Yeah, they accompanied him once or twice,
有一两次他们和他一起
but I never actually met them.
但我从没真正见过他们
You weren't at the airstrip when the plane took off this morning?
今早飞机起飞的时候,你并不在机场
I own the company, I don't fly the planes.
我运营这家公司,但我不开飞机
So I'm not always there when they take off.
所以他们起飞的时候,我不是每次都在场
Your friend, Joe-- was he an irascible type?
你的朋友乔,是个脾气暴躁的人吗
Short-tempered? No.
易怒吗, 不
He's ex-military.
他以前在部队服役
Joe didn't have a temper.
乔是个老好人
We have reason to believe
我们确信
that there was an incident shortly after takeoff.
在起飞后不久,发生了一些变故
Uh, Hank Gerrard may have been attacked.
汉克·杰拉德可能被袭击了
I don't understand. And you think that's
我不明白,你们是认为
what might have brought down the plane?
这是飞机坠毁的原因吗
We're waiting for the NTSB
我们在等运输安全委员会
to make their official report.
给出官方报告
Look, I don't know how much help it'd be,
我不知道这能帮到你们多少
but we put a security camera in the parking area last year
但是自从去年发生了撬车盗窃
after a couple cars were broken into.
我们就在停车场装了摄像头
You might be able to see the passengers arriving.
你可以在录像里看到乘客到达飞机场
We'll take it, definitely.
我们会去查看的
But as far as Joe goes,
至于乔
all I can tell you is he was as good a man as he was a pilot,
我只想说他是个好人也是名优秀的飞行员
and he never had one problem with any passenger.
他不会和任何一个乘客发生冲突的
So, if Mr. Gerrard was attacked,
所以,如果杰拉德先生被袭击了
Joe wasn't the guy who did it.
绝对不是乔干的
Learn anything?
有收获吗
Only that the pilot's boss thought very highly of him.
只知道那个飞行员的老板对他评价很高
Doesn't mean he didn't go mental on a passenger, mind you.
但是请注意,这并不意味着他没袭击乘客
I just got an e-mail from your dad's personal secretary.
我刚收到你爸爸私人秘书的邮件
Ah, told you he'd back out.
告诉过你他会爽约
Actually, he was wondering
事实上,他只是想知道
if we could do dinner at Lure at 6:00.
我们能不能6点到达路亚餐厅吃晚饭
Look, I know you have your issues,
我知道你有你的工作
but I think it's important that we go.
但我认为这顿饭很重要
Of course you do.
你当然会这么想
He's signing your checks.
是他给你付工资
Remind me,
我给忘了
how are you paying for the brownstone again?
你是怎么买下那栋褐色砖墙的房子的
He obviously cares about you.
他显然是在乎你的
If he didn't, he would not have put you through rehab
如果他不关心你,他不会送你去戒毒
and he certainly would not have hired me to work with you.
也不会雇佣我来陪护你
I'm about to disabuse you of several notions,
我要纠正你几个概念
so please listen very carefully.
麻烦你听听好
One, my father does not care about me.
第一,我爸根本不会关心我
He does what he does out of a sense of familial obligations.
他所做的从某种意义上来说是家庭责任
Big difference.
这两者根本不同
Two, he does not care about you
第二,他也压根不在乎你
or what you think.
或者你的想法
Meeting you would be a formality.
见你不过是走形式而已
Three, as I've already told you,
第三,我告诉过你的
your concern is unwarranted, 'cause he has absolutely
你的担心是多余的,因为他
no intention of showing up tonight.
今晚压根不会出现
How could you possibly know that?
你怎么这么确定
Because he is a serial absentee.
因为他是习惯性爽约
A pathological maker and breaker of promises.
一个病态的,不遵守承诺的人
Been that way since I was a boy.
从我小时候就这样了
Fool me once, shame on you.
愚弄了我一次,可耻的是你
Fool me ad nauseam...
欺骗我到了令人作呕的程度
Holmes.
福尔摩斯
Got something for you and the captain.
我有进展要告诉你和警监
Captain, just got off the phone with
警监,刚刚接到沃特·戴夫林公司的
one of the junior partners at Walter Devlin's firm.
一个次级合伙人打来的电话
He said that Devlin, Hank Gerrard and Ellie Wilson
他说戴夫林,汉克·杰拉德和艾莉·威尔逊
were headed to a retreat in Martha's Vineyard to work on
是飞往玛莎葡萄岛闭关并致力于
a class action case against a company called Carmanto Foods.
同卡曼陀食品公司的集体诉讼案
There were allegations that the company's
有指证说他们公司的
sugar substitute causes cancer.
糖替代物致癌
Plaintiffs were seeking damages
原告要求赔偿
in the neighborhood of a hundred million.
接近一亿的巨款
Seems there was a lot of infighting
似乎死亡的三位律师
among our three dead lawyers about how to proceed.
在如何推进案子上起了内讧
Anyone particularly angry with the murder victim, Hank Gerrard?
有没有人同被害人特别不和
As a matter of fact, yeah.
事实上,有
He was butting heads with his boss, walter Devlin.
他和他的老板沃特·戴夫林是死对头
Devlin's inclination was to settle,
戴夫林倾向于和解
Gerrard's was to keep fighting.
杰拉德倾向于据理力争
They'd had a few loud arguments at the office.
他们好几次在办公室大声争执
Guy I spoke to thought Gerrard was gonna get fired
那个人认为,如果杰拉德态度不回转
if he didn't back down.
他就会被炒掉
Sounds like we've got our primary suspect.
看起来我们找到了主要嫌疑人
Still doesn't explain
但仍然不能解释
why the head of a successful law firm
为什么一个成功的律师事务所负责人
would've brought a wrench aboard a small aircraft.
会带着扳手乘坐一架小型飞机
It's possible
这有可能
we're about to find out.
我们马上就知道了
Ms. Molinari of the NTSB.
运输安全委员会的莫里那瑞女士
They just found the plane's black box.
他们刚刚找到了飞机的黑匣子
Key Star two eight three hotel foxtrot,
星之钥,高频283频道
state your position.
报告你的位置
Air traffic control.
这是塔台
Key Star two eight three hotel foxtrot...
星之钥,高频283
That's the pilot, Joe Newell.
那是飞行员乔·内维尔的声音
...endurance 90 minutes.
续航时间90分钟
Thank you, Key Star.
收到,星之钥
You're clear to climb to 3,400.
你可以攀升至3400米
What the hell's wrong with you, Hank?
汉克,你他妈搞什么鬼
Do you have any idea what's in stake here?
你知不知道当中的利害关系
You got to hear the transmission.
你得听听传动装置
You think I'm just gonna let it slide? Guess again.
你以为我会就这么算了吗,休想
What's happening here, Walter?
这是怎么回事,沃特
Walter Devlin, Ellie Wilson.
沃特·戴夫林,艾莉·威尔逊.
Come back here, we can talk about it.
快回这儿来,我们可以聊聊
Key Star to ATC, what's my best vector?
星之钥致塔台,我的最佳航线是什么
You cannot protect Hank, Ellie; not for me.
艾莉,你别再为汉克辩护了,而不是我
What the hell, what the hell's going on back there?!
见鬼,到底发生了什么
Key Star to ATC, we have an emergency.
星之钥致塔台,紧急情况
ATC to Key Star: Are you able to maintain altitude?
塔台致星之钥,还能保持高度吗
That's a negative.
不行
Brace! Brace!
布雷斯,布雷斯
I can't believe it, but it sounds like you were right.
真不敢相信,但似乎你是对的
No, I was mistaken. There wasn't any fight.
不,我弄错了,其实没有打斗
But you can hear...
但是可以听到
An entirely one-sided argument.
那个是完全片面的观点
Mr. Gerrard never says a word.
杰拉德先生没说一个字
But the junior partner that you spoke with
你询问的次级合伙人说
said that he and Devlin were prone to loud disagreements.
他和戴夫林常常大声争吵
Yet this morning, Hank Gerrard doesn't even get
但是今天早上汉克·杰拉德
a syllable in edgeways.
在旁边完全没出声
Also I'm assuming that if your people had found
而且我猜测,你的手下至今没发现凶器
a murder weapon by now, you would have told us.
不然你就会告诉我们了
It seems strange, given that
但是真奇怪啊
every other piece of debris
每一块残骸
seems to have been accounted for.
似乎都已经核查过了
Could've ended up in the water.
有可能掉到水里了
Well, nothing else seemed to.
可似乎没有别的东西掉进去
Okay, how do you explain the pilot's initial exchange
那好,你怎么解释飞行员和塔台
with air traffic control?
刚开始的交流
He says, and I quote, "Three souls aboard."
他的原话是, "三人已登机"
Three. Not four.
三个,不是四个
He could have meant three passengers.
可能他指的是三名乘客
Pilots often don't include themselves in the count.
飞行员通常没把自己计算在内
I believe this one did.
我相信他算在内了
What are you saying?
你想说什么
That he didn't know Hank Gerrard was in the cabin?
飞行员不知道汉克·杰拉德在客舱里吗
I'm saying Hank Gerrard wasn't in the cabin.
我想说汉克·杰拉德根本不在客舱里
But that's impossible. His body was in the wreckage.
不可能啊,他的尸体的确在废墟中
Allow me, if you will,
请允许我
another interpretation of the evidence.
阐述另一种可能的解释
Hank Gerrard wasn't killed on the plane,
汉克·杰拉德不是死在飞机上的
he was killed elsewhere, and earlier in the morning.
他是早些时候,在别的地方被杀的
It would explain why the wrench hasn't turned up,
这就解释了为什么找不到扳手
'cause it wasn't on the plane.
因为它根本不在飞机上
Because the crime scene, crash site,
犯罪现场和坠机现场
two entirely different places, hmm?
是两个完全不同的地点
The killer bludgeoned Mr. Gerrard, then, for reasons
凶手打死杰拉德先生后
yet to be determined,
出于某个未知的原因
conceals his body in the cargo hold.
把尸体藏在了货舱里
Mr. Devlin, he just assumes
戴夫林先生只是认为
that Gerrard has missed the flight,
杰拉德错过了登机时间
so he calls his absentee colleague to scold him.
所以他打电话给缺席的员工责备他
That's would explain why
这就解释了为什么
you don't hear Gerrard's voice on the recording,
在录音中听不到杰拉德的声音
'cause Devlin's tirade was a voice message.
因为戴夫林谩骂的对象是语音留言
Now Ms. Wilson, she tries to calm Devlin.
威尔森女士试着去劝服戴夫林
She leads him towards the back of the plane.
她把他带到飞机后面
Now, neither of them knows there's a 200-pound corpse
这俩人都不知道他们脚下
just inches below their feet.
有一具两百磅的尸体
The sudden weight imbalance threw the plane into a dive.
突然的重量不均让飞机开始俯冲
Did you recover Mr. Gerrard's cell phone?
你找到杰拉德先生的手机了吗
Yes, but it's damaged.
找到了,但是受损了
May I?
借用一下
If I'm right...
如果我没错的话
he'll have a new voicemail.
他会有条新的语音留言
What the hell is wrong with you, Hank?
你他妈到底怎么回事,汉克
Do you have any idea what's in stake here?
你知不知道其中的利害关系
You got to hear the transmission.
你得听听传动装置
You think I'm just gonna let it slide? Guess again.
你以为我会就这么算了吗,休想
What's happening here, Walter?
这是怎么回事,沃特
Mr. Devlin and Ms. Wilson did not kill Hank Gerrard;
戴夫林先生和威尔森女士没有杰拉德
they didn't even know where he was.
他们甚至都不知道他在哪
Joe Newell, an experienced pilot,
乔·内维尔是个经验丰富的飞行员
would've known better than to stash the extra weight
不可能冒着飞机失事的风险
of his body in the cargo hold and risk exactly
把尸体放到
the kind of accident that occurred.
货舱内
They may be dead,
他们的确是死了
but the person who killed Hank Gerrard is not.
但杀害汉克·杰拉德的凶手没死
We have a living, breathing murderer to find after all.
我们要找的终究还是一名活着的凶手
What was the killer thinking? Why stuff Gerrard's body
凶手到底是怎么想的,为什么把
in the hold of the plane, like so much luggage?
杰拉德的尸体塞进行李舱
Surely he knew it would be discovered
他肯定知道一旦飞机
when the plane reached Martha's Vineyard.
在玛莎葡萄岛着陆,尸体就会被发现
Did he want it found? If yes, why?
他想要尸体被发现吗,如果是的话,为什么
Was it intended as some sort of message?
是要传达某种信息吗
If so, to whom?
如果是的话,是给谁的
Can I ask you a question?
我能问你个问题吗
Can I stop you?
我能说不吗
Are you afraid of flying?
你害怕坐飞机吗
It's just you pursuing this case
只是一开始我就不明白
didn't make sense to me at first.
你为何要追查这个案子
As far as you knew, it was just an accident.
就你当时所知的,这就是场意外
But then at the crash site this morning,
今早到了失事现场
you weren't yourself.
你有点魂不守舍
"Myself"?
魂不守舍
You got distracted by sand on a beach.
你被沙滩上的沙子分了心
And look at that board.
还有看看那白板
Normally, you would have put up every picture
通常来说,你会把从失事现场得到的
you had from the crash site.
所有照片都贴上去
But instead, there's just images of what
可这一次,却只有
the plane used to look like.
飞机失事前的图片
I've already examined those pictures,
我已经研究过那些照片了
and they yielded nothing.
没有任何发现
Now since you're a disgraced ex-surgeon
既然你是个有耻辱史的前外科医生
and not a disgraced ex-psychologist,
而非前心理学家
what say you stop analyzing me, okay?
你还是别分析我了吧
How did you get from London to New York?
你是怎么从伦敦来纽约的
Okay, well, maybe your father will tell me at dinner tonight.
算了,或许今晚吃饭时你父亲会告诉我
Hey. Just got the phone with the owner
刚和星之钥航空的老板
of Key Star Charters, Charles Cooper.
查尔斯·库珀,通过电话
They got the footage from their security camera.
他们拿到监控摄像头的录像了
Said there's someone we should see.
他说里面有个人我们该去看看
So, this is about 45 minutes before the plane took off.
这是飞机起飞前约45分钟
That's Mr. Gerrard.
那是杰拉德先生
I don't know who this other guy is, but
我不知道另一个家伙是谁,不过
obviously, he and Mr. Gerrard had words.
显然他和杰拉德先生有些争执
It's the model glue, isn't it?
受不了模型胶水的气味,是吗
It's murder on my senses.
简直是在谋杀我的嗅觉
Not to mention I'm under strict orders not to get high.
更不用说我还被明令禁止不能嗑药
This office is like one big huffing bag.
这间办公室就像个巨大的气喘袋
Ten minutes later, he leaves alone.
十分钟后,他独自离开
So now we know Mr. Gerrard arrived here alive and intact.
所以杰拉德先生抵达的时候仍毫发无伤
Gotta figure he was killed here, too.
那么他就是在这里被杀的
You got this from any other angles?
你还有其他角度的录像吗
Sorry. Only other camera got broke a few weeks ago.
抱歉,还有个摄像头几周前坏了
Hasn't been fixed yet.
还没修呢
Mr. Cooper, I'm gonna need you and Mister...
库珀先生,我需要你和这位...
Barts. - ...Barts to clear out of here for a while.
巴茨, 巴茨先生暂时离开这里
Meantime, we'll get this video to our experts,
与此同时,我们会把录像交给专家
see if we can't identify our mystery man.
看能否辨别出这个神秘人的身份
Any luck cleaning up that picture?
在图像上有什么发现吗
About as much luck as I had examining the hangar.
跟在机库一样都没什么发现
No sign of any crime being perpetrated there.
没有任何发生犯罪行为的迹象
No clarity with regards
这个胖子的面部特征
to our fat friend's facial features here.
也一点没有显示出来
On the bright side, I think I might know where he works.
但好消息是,我可能知道他在哪里工作
Arm To
胳膊
Carmanto Foods-- isn't that the company
卡曼陀食品公司,不就是
that Gerrard and his colleagues were suing, right?
杰拉德他们在起诉的那家公司吗
Almost anyone who works there would've had motive.
那家公司的每一个人几乎都有杀人动机
Unfortunately, rotund white male executives
不幸的是,矮胖的白人男性高管
at the company number in the dozens.
在公司的数量何其之多
Our suspect does have one distinguishing feature, however:
不过我们的嫌疑人的确有个独特的特征
the '90s-era "Pager" attached to his belt.
他腰间别了个九十年代的寻呼机
I'm gonna go get started getting ready to meet your dad.
我要去准备与你父亲见面了
Last chance to join us for dinner?
最后一次机会,跟不跟我们一起吃晚餐
Last chance to accept there is no dinner.
最后一次机会接受根本就没有晚餐
Dad... never... shows!
老爸,从不,现身
Say it with me, Watson.
和我一起说,华生
Maybe it'll sink in. Sherlock...
也许你慢慢就能接受了, 夏洛克
He's Lucy with the football.
他是拿着足球的露西
You're Charlie Brown.
而你就是查理·布朗
People don't make plans just to break them.
人们制定计划是为了要遵守的
People don't. My father does.
别人是这样,但我父亲不是
For the record, that's not a pager.
声明一下,那个不是寻呼机
It's an insulin pump. Your mystery man is a diabetic.
而是胰岛素泵,那个神秘人患有糖尿病
Ed Hairston?
艾德·海尔斯顿
Detective Bell, NYPD.
我是纽约警察局的贝尔警探
This is my colleague Mr. Holmes.
这是我的同事,福尔摩斯先生
We'd like to ask you some questions
我们想问你几个问题
about your relationship with Hank Gerrard.
了解一下你与汉克·杰拉德的关系
I'm sorry... I don't know who that is.
不好意思,我不认识你说的那个人
Odd. His firm is suing your company for $100 million.
怪了,他的事务所起诉你们公司赔偿一亿
Something about a sugar substitute that causes cancer.
关于一种致癌的糖替代物
We have surveillance video of you
我们有监控录像拍到你
talking to Mr. Gerrard in the Key Star Charters
在星之钥航空的停车场与杰拉德先生交谈
parking lot shortly before someone caved his skull in,
没过多久他的脑袋就被人打破了
stuck him in the hold of a small plane.
还被塞进了一架小飞机的舱内
It's how we found you, actually.
我们就是根据这个找到你的
Saw the Carmanto logo on your shirt,
看到你衣服上公司标志
insulin pump on your belt, made a few calls.
和腰间的胰岛素泵,然后打了几通电话
It's a bit ironic, isn't it?
说来有点讽刺,对不对
Diabetic working for a company that makes bad sugar?
糖尿病人为生产致癌糖的企业工作
I don't understand.
我不明白
I heard on the news Hank was killed in a crash.
我从新闻上听说汉克是因飞机失事死的
This would be the same Hank you don't know?
那跟你不认识的汉克是同一个人吗
I did know him, sort of.
我确实算是认识他
I was helping him.
我是在帮他
By showing his scalp what the inside of his skull looked like?
帮他了解头骨之下是什么样子吗
It happened with his case.
是关于这案子的
I'd been giving him informion
我在给他提供
to use against Carmanto.
用来对付卡曼陀公司的信息
You're a whistleblower?
你在告密
Hank was angry with me because I refused to testify.
汉克因为我不愿出庭作证非常生气
Carmanto had offered a settlement.
卡曼陀公司提供了一份和解协议
I thought it was more than fair.
我觉得已经十分公道了
Hank's boss was inclined
汉克的老板有意
to accept it, and Hank wanted more.
接受和解,但汉克还想要更多
He...
He asked me yesterday to reconsider taking the stand.
昨天他要求我重新考虑作证的事
I told him I couldn't.
我告诉他不可能
We argued. I left.
我们争吵了一番,接着我离开了
I never laid a hand on him.
我没动他一根手指头
The company knew that that sugar substitute was deadly.
公司明知道那种糖替代物是致命的
And Carmanto buried that evidence,
却故意隐藏证据
convinced everybody it was fine.
让所有人相信它是无害的
It looked like sugar, it felt like sugar...
看起来像糖,尝起来也像
but it wasn't.
但根本就不是
Thank you for your time, Mr. Hairston;
感谢你的配合,海尔斯顿先生
we'll be in touch.
保持联系
Thought you said that guy was our strongest suspect.
你不是说这家伙是最大的嫌疑人吗
Now that I've met him,
可现在我见到他
I know that he's our weakest suspect, literally.
知道他是最不可能的
Did you see how hard it was for him
你看到他多费劲
to open that pill bottle? So?
才拧开瓶盖吗, 所以呢
Type-2 diabetes can significantly affect
2型糖尿病会显著地削弱
grip strength, particularly in men.
你的握力,特别是对于男性
His is so bad
他的握力太弱
he's bought adaptive office supplies:
以至于要用特殊的办公用品
oversized ergonomic pens, a book holder.
超大的人体工学笔,固定书的架子
There's no way could he have grasped and swung
他绝不可能抓起那么重的扳手
the heavy wrench used to kill Hank Gerrard.
还挥动它杀死汉克·杰拉德
So, in other words, we got nothing.
那也就是说,我们又全无头绪了
Nope. We've got sand.
不对,我们还有沙子
Thank you.
谢谢
Mr. Holmes?
福尔摩斯先生
Ms. Watson, I presume.
你应该就是华生女士吧
You're early.
来得真早
Not as early as you. It's nice to finally meet you.
您更早,真高兴终于能见到您了
Uh, Zadie Smith is one of my favorite authors.
莎娣·史密斯是我最喜欢的作家之一
Let me guess: my son is parking the car.
让我猜猜,我儿子正在停车吧
No, it's okay, Ms. Watson.
没什么大不了的,华生女士
No need for excuses. The truth is
没必要找借口,说实话
I'd have been much more surprised if he had come.
要是他来了的话,我会更惊讶
I've laid as many bricks in the wall between us as he has.
我俩之间的隔阂实在太多了
So, how's the old boy doing?
那小子最近如何
Good, actually.
其实挺好的
I think he's got a handle on his post-rehab life.
我想他对戒毒后的生活还挺适应的
I mean, he doesn't keep the healthiest hours,
虽说他的作息时间不怎么健康
but you know, work keeps him busy, focused.
但你也知道,工作让他忙碌,专注
Getting him to go to support group meetings
只是让他去参加小组互助会
can be tricky, though.
实在不怎么容易
Stubborn, criminally so.
顽固得要命
Always was.
总是这样
I remember when he was a boy,
我记得当他还是个孩子的时候
he'd climb the fence
他总爱翻过家里的围栏
around our property and walk from post to post.
在附近走来走去
I warned him it was dangerous, but he wouldn't listen.
我警告过他这很危险,但他不听
Then he falls and lands on his wrist.
后来有一次他摔倒在地,伤了手腕
Ugly business, bone jutting through skin.
摔得很惨,骨头错位了
But despite the pain,
虽然疼痛难忍
he set the bone and wrapped the wound himself.
但他自己正了骨还包扎了伤口
Took to wearing long-sleeve shirts for the next few days.
后来的那些天他都穿长袖
All to keep his father from telling him that he was right.
免得被他父亲发现后,说他不听老人言
You're kidding me.
开玩笑吧
Ended up with a scar right here.
最后在这儿留下了一处伤疤
Covered it with one of his barmy tattoos, if memory serves.
没记错的话,他纹了幼稚的纹身挡住了它
I am really glad we're doing this.
很开心我们能有这番谈话
Oh? I've had many different clients,
我曾有过很多客户
but Sherlock is definitely... unique.
但是夏洛克绝对是最特别的一个
There's just so much more I want know about him.
关于他,我想知道的太多了
I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.
想问什么尽管问,我很乐意回答
Would you mind terribly if I asked one of you first?
你介意我先问你一个问题吗
How's the sex?
他床上功夫怎样
I beg your pardon?
您说什么
The sex. The shagging.
和他做爱,滚床单
Is he enjoying it?
他乐在其中吗
I don't understand.
我没懂您的意思
I was told that was part of the "Service" you provided.
我听说这是你提供的"服务"之一
Satisfying your client's every need.
满足客户的每份需求
Why else would anyone pay your exorbitant fees?
别人付给你高昂的费用不就是因为这吗
You're not Mr. Holmes, are you?
你不是福尔摩斯先生,对吗
I don't believe this.
简直难以置信
I'm sorry, it's just...
抱歉,只是...
if you'd seen your face...
如果你看得到你现在的表情
Who are you?
你到底是谁
Actor.
演员
Well, a struggling one at that.
好吧,是有点费解
Your Mr. Sherlock
夏洛克先生
hired me from my manager.
从我上司那雇了我
Said it wouldn't be a problem if I took
他说我今晚
his father's place tonight because...
可以用他父亲的位子,因为
Dad never shows. Dad never shows.
他爸根本不会来, 他爸不会来
I was discussing an artificial sweetener
我刚在说一个
with a suspect earlier on.
有嫌疑的人造甜味剂
Yeah, looks and feels like regular sugar,
看起来很像一般的糖
but it's not.
但它不是
There are minute differences,
只有细微的不同
carcinogenic ones in that case,
却可能是致癌物
but it got me thinking about some unusual sand
这让我想起了在事故现场
I noticed at the crash site.
发现的一些不寻常的沙子
It was new, hadn't been weathered by the elements yet.
很新,还没有被风化
First I thought, "Well, the city must have trucked it in
刚开始我想"肯定是城建部门装运了它们
to offset erosion on the beach,"
防止在沙滩上被腐化"
but according to the Parks Department,
但根据城建部门说
they haven't done that at Far Rockaway
洛克威在过去的一年内
in over a year, so how did the sand
没有做过这事,那么这些沙
make it there?
怎么会在这儿
In the fuel tank.
在油箱里
Sand dumped into the fuel tank
沙子被倒入油箱后
would initially settle on the bottom.
起初会沉在箱底
Plane would take off, no difficulty.
飞机会照常起飞
But... during the course of the flight,
但是,在飞行过程中
more and more granules will get sucked into the filter,
越来越多的小沙粒被卷入燃油滤清器
clogging it and starving the engine
堵塞了它,导致了燃油发动机
of fuel mid-flight, regardless of the extra weight
在飞行过程中无法启动,坠机不是因为
of Hank Gerrard's body.
汉克·杰拉德使飞机超重
You think the flight was bound to crash.
你认为是有人蓄意造成坠机
Actually, Ms. Molinari,
没错,莫里那瑞女士
as of this moment, I know it was bound to crash.
直到这一刻, 我确信那不是意外
Same unfrosted grains
和我在事故现场
I saw at the crash site, looks and feels
发现的沙粒一样,未被风化
like beach sand, but it's not.
看起来像海滩沙,然而不是
These grains are comprised mostly of silica,
这些沙粒主要由硅组成
commercial sand.
是商业用沙
Somebody sabotaged the flight.
有人恶意破坏了飞机
Probably the same person who killed Hank Gerrard.
很可能就是杀汉克·杰拉德的人
What if Hank walked in on the saboteur?
汉克会不会接近过破坏者
Easier to bash his skull in
这样更容易袭击他的头部
then explain why you're funneling sand
并解释为什么他把沙子用漏斗
into a fuel tank, no?
倒进燃烧箱,不是吗
Then it's just a case of concealing the body.
关键就在于怎么隐藏身体
The cargo hold makes sense
既然飞机注定会坠毁
in that the flight was doomed to crash anyway.
那货舱就能用来藏人
As long as it crashed over water.
只要飞机在海面坠毁
Which it would do on its way to Martha's Vineyard.
就会靠近玛莎葡萄岛
Traces of sand would be washed away.
沙子的痕迹就会被冲走
Instead, it crashed prematurely due to the weight imbalance.
可最终,飞机因重力不均而过早地坠毁
So, we know why Hank Gerrard's body
这样一来,我们就知道为什么
was stuffed into the cargo hold.
汉克·杰拉德被塞进了货舱
The questions are: who put it there,
问题是,谁干的
and why did they want to bring down that plane?
他为什么要让飞机坠毁
You're home early.
这么早就回来了
Did you enjoy your time with dear old Dad?
和我亲爱的老爸相处得愉快吗
Oh, come on, Watson,
别这样,华生
show a little appreciation for a prank well played.
至少给这场精彩的恶作剧赞一个吧
To pull that off, I had to be
为了演好这出戏
absolutely certain my father wouldn't show.
我要费尽心思确认我父亲不会来
I did mention that he wouldn't show, didn't I?
我说过他不会来,不是吗
Just out of curiosity,
只是出于好奇
why did the old tosspot drop out this time?
那老酒鬼这次为什么放鸽子
Surely he's e-mailed you some sort of apology by now.
他肯定给你发过邮件道歉了
He was called away.
他被叫走了
On important business, yeah.
有要事在身
An old one, but a good one.
借口很老套,但也屡试不爽
Anyway, It's good that you're back.
不管怎样,你回来就好
I realized earlier this evening that the flight that crashed
我今天傍晚才发现失事的那架飞机
was sabotaged.
被动过手脚
The good news is I've been going over Key Star Charter's
好消息是我彻底审查了星之钥公司的
flight logs, and I believe I've found
飞行日志,我找到了
a mathematical quirk that has pointed me in the direction
一个数学奇才,他指引我
of a suspect.
找到了嫌疑犯
I would like to go and confront him.
我要去和他对质
So...
所以...
I waited for you.
我等你一起去
Hm? You should be grateful.
你应该感激我才对
If you want to go pound on some criminal's door,
如果你想登门拜访罪犯
I suggest you call the police.
我建议你该叫上警察
I'm going to bed.
我要睡觉了
You should've trusted me
你早就该相信我说的话
when I told you he wouldn't show.
我说过我父亲不会来
Trusted you?
相信你
I've been glued to your side for weeks now,
这几周来我天天跟着你
and you have refused to share
而你却拒绝和我分享
even the tiniest bit of your personal history.
一丁点你的私人生活
You know what, Sherlock, I don't trust you.
你知道吗,夏洛克,我不相信你
Because thanks to you,
因为多亏了你
we're still basically just strangers.
我们还只是陌生人
Ah, Mr. Holmes, right?
福尔摩斯先生,是吗
Mr. Barts, good to see you again.
巴茨先生,很高兴再次见面
You didn't mention when we met
我们上次见面时
that you're one of Key Star's pilots.
你没有说你是星之钥的飞行员
Well, yeah, I am.
对,我是
Is that a problem?
那有问题吗
Well, not for me, no.
对我来说没问题
But for your recently deceased colleague,
但是对你最近过世的同事
Joe Newell, maybe.
乔·内维尔来说,是个问题
I don't understand.
我不明白什么意思
Joe Newell's widow told me
乔·内维尔的遗孀告诉我
that you and he had a rather...
你和他上周
ugly disagreement on the telephone
在通电话时,发生了
last week.
激烈的争吵
He wouldn't tell her what it was about.
但他不愿告诉她争吵的原因
He just said that the problem was being taken care of.
他只是说问题已经在处理了
That was nothing.
没什么事
Yeah, I poached one of his regulars.
我撬走了他的一个常客
This rich guy who flies to D.C. every week.
那个富翁每周都飞华盛顿
Good tipper.
是个好主儿
Joe was angry, but we worked it out.
乔很生气,但我们后来和好了
We were thinking the argument may have been
我们觉得争吵的原因
over something else.
不只因为这个
You see, when I realized that Joe's plane
当我发现乔的飞机
had been sabotaged,
被动过手脚时
it occurred to me that the saboteur
让我想到破坏者
may have been satisfying a grudge,
可能心有怨言
not against one of the flight's passengers,
他所做的不针对乘客
but against the airline itself.
而是针对航空公司
Now I dug into some of the logs that the NTSB gathered
我研究了运输安全委员会从星之钥
from Key Star,
收集的飞行日志
and I noticed something strange.
我发现了些奇怪的东西
Every time you, Owen Barts,
每一次你,欧文·巴茨
piloted a plane back from Miami,
驾驶飞机从迈阿密返航
you recorded an onboard weight of exactly 66 pounds
你记录的机载重量都恰好超出
over the weight of the passengers and their baggage.
乘客和行李总重的66英镑
It's just a mistake with my math.
可能是我算错了
The same mathematical mistake, made again and again,
同样的数学错误,只有从迈阿密返航时
only when you return from Miami, Florida.
才犯了又犯
No.
不是的
You were accounting for extra cargo.
你在计算多出来的货物
You had to, because accurate weight calculations
你必须如此,因为精确的重量计算
are critical when determining the amount of fuel
在决定飞行所需的燃油量时
required for a flight.
起着重要作用
But why 66 pounds exactly?
但是为什么每次都恰好是66英镑
A strange number.
奇怪的数字
Until you factor in metric conversion.
用公制换算就不见得奇怪了
66 pounds is the equivalent of exactly 30 kilos.
66英镑相当于整整30公斤
Nice even number for cocaine smuggling, no?
对可卡因走私来说是个好数,不是吗
What happened?
然后怎么了
Did Joe find out and want a cut?
乔发现后想分赃吗
That's not likely,
不太可能
given his reputation, his military background.
鉴于他的名声,还服过兵役
It's more likely that he threatened to go
他很可能威胁你
to the authorities if you didn't stop.
如果你不收手,他就去报警
Either way,
无论是哪种情况
you engineered a plane crash to eliminate the threat.
你策划了一场飞机失事来消除威胁
Problem was,
但问题是
Hank Gerrard caught you in the act.
你作案时被汉克·杰拉德发现了
You improvised.
你临时起意
You killed him.
杀死了他
Concealed his body in the cargo hold of a plane
把他的尸体藏在你知道
that you knew was gonna crash.
注定会失事的飞机货舱里
It's quite a... quite a story.
真是个不错的故事
There's just one problem.
不过有一个问题
I was nowhere near the hangar this morning.
我今早根本没去过机库
I was with my boss, Charles.
我和我老板查尔斯在一起
His car stalled,
他的车抛锚了
so I had to stop by his place to give him a jump.
所以我去他那儿拖他的车
Don't believe me, go ask him.
要是不相信的话,自己去问他
He'll tell you.
他会向你证明的
I couldn't have killed Mr. Gerrard
我不可能杀了杰拉德先生
or sabotaged that plane.
或是破坏飞机
Holy...
我的天
You were right.
你说对了
Yesterday, when you suggested
你昨天认为我对飞机失事
I had a certain preoccupation with plane crashes.
抱有执念的看法是正确的
It is why I was drawn to this case.
这是我执着于这个案子的原因
I'm not phobic, mind you.
请注意,这不是心理疾病
Nothing so illogical.
是合乎逻辑的
I just... the amount I see
我只是... 在登机的时候看到的
when I board an aircraft...
种种情况令我无法释怀
The pilot looks confident,
飞行员看似信心满满
but I detect a slight tremor in his hands.
但我发现他的手在轻微颤抖
He's nervous. Is he hiding something?
他很紧张,是不是想隐藏些什么
If yes, what?
如果是,那是什么
Has he had a few drinks to settle his nerves?
他是不是为了舒缓情绪喝了两杯
What about the mechanic performing a last-second check?
为飞机做最后检查的机械师呢
Why does he look so unhappy? Does he hate his job?
为什么他情绪低落,是因为厌恶工作吗
If he hates his job, how much care is he taking?
要是他厌恶工作,那检查是否敷衍了事
I get it.
我懂了
You're still cross with me?
你还在生我的气
I was attempting to demonstrate my trust in you.
我正在试图表示对你的信任
How?
怎么表示
By telling me something I already figured out?
告诉我那些我已经发现的东西吗
You want more?
你还想听什么
Detective Bell?
贝尔警探
I just heard back from Charles Cooper.
我刚刚有了查尔斯·库珀的消息
He's on his way to the station.
他正在来警局的路上
Thought you might want to join us.
我觉得你可能想一起听听
Owen called me last night,
欧文昨晚打电话给我
uh, in a panic.
他非常恐慌
He said he needed my help.
他说他需要我的帮助
It's glue again.
又是这个胶水味
It's worse this time.
这次味道更大
It's like he bathed in the stuff.
好像他在那玩意儿里泡过一样
He told me he'd made a big mistake.
他告诉我他犯下了大错
That he'd used the Key Star planes to smuggle drugs.
他用公司的飞机来走私毒品
Mr. Cooper, are you okay?
库珀先生,你没事吧
You look a little pale.
你脸色有点苍白
No, I guess I'm just I shock.
我没事,我想我只是太震惊了
I mean...
我是说
O-Owen had worked for me for years.
欧文在我手下干了好多年
He was a friend, just like Joe was.
他和乔一样,都是我的朋友
But he said that, uh, Joe had figured it out
但他告诉我,乔发现了这件事
and threatened to call the police if he didn't stop.
并威胁他如果他不收手就去报警
But Owen didn't want to stop, and so... he, uh...
但欧文不想收手,所以... 他
Mr. Cooper, did Owen tell you
库珀先生,欧文是不是
he had something to do with the plane crash?
告诉你他和飞机失事有关
He wanted me to tell you guys that he was with me
他想让我告诉你们在杰拉德先生
at the time of Mr. Gerrard's murder.
被杀的时候他和我在一起
But he wasn't.
但他不是
Could you excuse us for a second?
原谅我们失陪一会
Get a team over to Owen Barts' residence right now.
立刻派一队人去欧文·巴茨的住处
I'm gonna call for a warrant.
我去申请搜查令
Ink will be dry before your foot goes through his door.
会在你们进入他家前准时送到
Yes, sir.
遵命,长官
No Barts?
巴茨不在吗
Lot of drawers tossed inside.
屋里都是散乱的抽屉
Looks like he packed a bag in a hurry.
好像他急匆匆地打包逃走了
Now, his car is gone too-- blue Toyota Camry.
他那辆蓝色的丰田凯美瑞也不见了
We got a BOLO out.
我们已经发出了通缉
What's weird is what is here.
奇怪的是有东西还留在这儿
Going by the dimensions, I'd say it's
从外形尺寸看
a safe bet this is the weapon used to kill him.
这很有可能就是杀人凶器
So let me get this straight: Owen Barts kills
让我确认一下,欧文·巴茨
Hank Gerrard with this wrench, but he doesn't dispose of it
用这把扳手杀了汉克·杰拉德
in some place we aren't gonna find it.
但他却没有把它藏到我们找不到的地方
He doesn't even clean it.
他甚至没把它擦干净
He just leaves it in his garage?
而只是随便丢在车库里吗
Like I said, weird.
所以我说,有点奇怪
Not just weird.
不只是奇怪
Utterly ridiculous.
简直是荒谬
What's that?
有什么发现
Spartina patens.
狐米草
It's a type of cord grass which grows only in brackish water.
这是一种只生长在淡盐水中的大米草
Brackish?
淡盐水
It's a combination of fresh and salt water.
盐度介于淡水与海水之间的水
It's still a bit moist,
上面还有一点潮湿
which means the wrench was in the water...
说明扳手曾被浸泡在水里
recently.
就在最近
I think someone did dispose of it and retrieved it...
我想确实有人把它扔掉之后又找了回来
and planted it here.
然后故意放在这儿
Probably right after they killed Owen Barts.
可能就在他们杀了欧文·巴茨之后
I get why you think the wrench was planted,
我理解为什么你认为有人故意放扳手在这
but what makes you think Barts is dead?
但你凭什么说巴茨已经死了
His car.
因为他的车
You said it as a Camry?
你说那是一辆凯美瑞
Solid, practical choice.
可靠实用的一款车
But look at this -- full-synthetic motor oil.
但是看看这个,全合成机油
It's high-end.
只有高端车才用
Used to maintain peak lubricity in high-performance engines.
用来保持高性能引擎的最佳润滑效果
Not the four-cylinder engine of a Camry.
只有四缸引擎的凯美瑞不适用
Imagine you're Owen Barts.
想象一下你是欧文·巴茨
You've just been told by your boss,
你刚刚被你的老板告知
Charles Cooper, that he won't alibi you
他不会在汉克·杰拉德的谋杀案中
for the murder of Hank Gerrard.
为你做不在场证明
You decide to go on the lam.
你决定逃之夭夭
You rush home...
你匆忙回家
you pack up your things,
打包好行李
and then you decide to leave what seems to be
但却把你冒险走私赚来的
between 50 and 100,000
五到十万美金的辛苦钱
of your hard-earned smuggling dollars in your garage.
留在了你的车库里
Not a chance.
这不可能
So who else may have been profiting
所以说还有谁可能
from the smuggling operation at Key Star Charters, hmm?
从星之钥航空的毒品交易中获利
Who else who would've seen Joe Newell as a threat
还有谁把乔·内维尔视为威胁
and had the technical know-how to sabotage his plane?
而且拥有让飞机失事的专业知识
The same guy who told us Owen Barts confessed to everything.
就是那个告诉我们巴茨已经坦白的人
Charles Cooper.
查尔斯·库珀
I don't know how many times I can tell you
我不知道要说几遍你们才肯相信
Owen called me last night.
欧文昨晚确实打电话给我
He told me that he sabotaged Joe's plane.
他告诉我是他破坏了乔的飞机
I'm sorry if you can't find him.
我很遗憾你们还没找到他
Have you ever seen a poorer excuse for a liar?
你见过骗子找比这更烂的借口吗
Are you sure he did everything you said he did?
你肯定你所说的一切都是他干的吗
Note the pallor, the perspiration,
看他脸色苍白,不停冒汗
the inability to hold eye contact.
不敢直视,眼神闪烁
All telltale signs of deceit.
全都是说谎的表现
And some serious medical conditions.
他还有严重的健康问题
I'm just saying, the guy looks like he's dying.
我只是一提,他看上去死期将至
He's our murderer and our saboteur.
他是杀人犯,还是飞机失事的肇事者
Now it's just a matter of getting him to admit it.
现在只要让他认罪就行了
Something wrong?
怎么了
No, I just never noticed that scar before, that's all.
没事,我只是以前从没注意过那道疤
How'd you get it?
怎么受伤的
Boyhood misadventure.
童年的意外事故
Fell off a fence.
从围栏上摔下来
A compound fracture, hence the scar.
开放性骨折,留下了疤
I just remembered an errand I forgot to run.
我刚想起来还有事要做
You gonna be okay on your own for a while?
你一个人呆会儿行吗
Somehow I'll soldier on.
我总有办法挺过去的
Bell, let's go.
贝尔,我们走
Problem?
有什么问题
He won't cop to it.
他拒不认罪
But he's on the precipice, you can tell.
但你也知道,他已经无路可退了
He's sweating, his hands are trembling.
他在冒汗,手也在抖
We've come at him with everything we got; he won't budge.
我们向他痛陈利害,但他不为所动
Because he knows we got no proof.
因为他知道我们没有证据
His frame-up of Owen Barts may not have been perfect,
他对欧文·巴茨的诬蔑虽然不是天衣无缝
but he knows we can't show he had anything to do with it.
但他知道我们拿他毫无办法
What?
怎么
It's got, it's got into you now. Model glue.
你身上也有模型胶水的味道了
That's probably why he looks so ill.
这可能是他看上去病怏怏的原因之一
Fumes are finally getting to him.
有害气体最终损害了他的健康
That's Cooper's glass, correct?
那是库珀的杯子,对吗
His third one, if you can believe it.
信不信由你,他已经喝了两杯了
Cut him off.
别让他喝了
No, no, no.
不,不用
I think you should bring him a pitcher.
我想你应该给他一个更大的水罐
I was wondering if you could help me...
不知你能否帮我个忙
Alistair.
阿里斯泰尔
Miss Watson.
华生小姐
What a surprise.
真是意外
But if you're here for an encore performance...
如果你是来让我再演一遍的话
I know you're not just some actor Sherlock hired.
我知道你不仅仅是夏洛克雇佣的演员
You know him.
你了解夏洛克
He engaged me through my representation.
他通过我的经纪人找到我
I've never even seen the man...
我从来没见过他
That story you told me
你告诉我的那个故事
The one about his broken wrist. It was true.
夏洛克摔伤手腕的事是真的
He would've never shared that with you
他不会把这种事情告诉
if you were just some actor.
一个毫不相干的人
Especially not to play some stupid prank.
更别说这个人是在恶作剧
How did you find me,
如果可以的话
if you don't mind me asking?
我想知道你怎么找到我的
The receipt you dropped.
你掉出来的那张收据
It had the name of this bookstore on it.
上面就是这家书店的名字
You got a 20% discount. Members get ten.
你有8折优惠,而会员只有9折优惠
I realized you must work here.
我就知道你是这里的员工
You've been spending quite a bit of time
你和他相处的时间很长了
with him, haven't you?
对不对
I really am an actor, you know.
我真的是个演员
In London, I had a small part in a radio drama.
在伦敦,我在广播剧中扮演小角色
Yeah, we still have those across the pond.
英国现在还有这种表演形式的
Sherlock wrote me a letter when he was ten, saying that I alone
10岁的夏洛克给我写了一封信
of all the cast truly captured the Yorkshire accent.
说我模仿的约克郡口音是剧组里最标准的
Yeah, I thought it was odd.
我当时觉得很奇怪
But I was also very flattered.
但是也感到高兴
So eventually, we met,
最终,我们见面了
so I could coach him on its nuances.
所以我能对他的发音做些指导
We became friends.
我们成了朋友
Sherlock doesn't have friends.
夏洛克没有朋友
Not in the traditional sense.
不是传统意义上的朋友
He drops in and out, appears at odd moments
他时不时的出现在奇怪的时间点
to make outrageous and highly specific requests.
提一些过分并且非常特异的要求
Respectfully, that doesn't sound much like a friendship to me.
恕我直言,这对我来说不是友谊
Then perhaps you better revise your definition.
那你也许该改改你心中友谊的定义了
You can't expect Sherlock Holmes
你不能指望夏洛克
to relate to you the way others might.
和你其他的朋友一样
The moment you do, he'll migrate
如果你那样做,他就会
out of your life, and you'll be the poorer for it.
从你的生活中消失,你会因此受伤的
You do realize that, don't you?
你意识到了这一点,不是吗
He told you about me, right?
他和你讲了我的故事,对吗
Yeah.
You know what my job is?
你知道我的工作性质
I do.
我知道
And for what it's worth, um...
不论如何
I'm very glad he has you.
我很高兴他有你
You knew him when he was using?
他吸毒的事情你知道吗
Well, after I first came here in '06,
在我06年来纽约之后
we mostly kept in touch by e-mail.
我们都是通过邮件联系
I knew he was dabbling on and off,
我知道他在吸毒
but I was confident that he would grow out of it.
但很自信地认为他不会上瘾
Nine months ago,
9个月前的一个晚上
he shows up at my flat at night,
他出现在我家门前
so high he could barely speak.
毒品让他失控到说不出话
Well, I flushed his drugs
我冲掉了他胃里的毒品
and I looked after him for a day or so.
我照顾了他一天
It was very...
这真得
difficult for me to see his mind so addled.
看到他如此混乱的生活让我很痛苦
He could barely stay conscious.
他一直都不清醒
And when he kept muttering the same name again and again...
当他一直在重复一个名字的时候
What name?
什么名字
It doesn't matter.
这不重要
I asked him about it the next morning.
我第二天问过他
He assured me it meant nothing.
他向我保证那个名字没有任何意义
Did you believe him?
你相信他吗
Look... I want to help him,
听着,我想帮助他
but I think you know how difficult that can be.
但我想你知道这有多困难
I thought, if I could talk to you,
如果你能告诉我他的故事
that maybe you could help me get a better sense of...
这可能更利于帮助他
of what to do.
恢复正常生活
Anyway...
无论如何
Thank you...
谢谢你
for your time.
能抽出时间和我谈谈
I'm sorry if I bothered you.
如果打扰到您了,对不起
Miss Watson?
华生小姐
I have a strong suspicion that that name
我有很强的预感,那个名字
meant more to him than he claimed.
对他来说很重要
I think perhaps you should have it.
我觉得你应该知道
Mr. Cooper.
库珀先生
Nice to see you again.
很高兴见到你
Do you need to urinate?
你需要上厕所吗
What?
什么
Do you need to urinate?
你需要上厕所吗
No, I'm good, thanks.
不,我很好,谢谢
Last night, when you struggled with your co-conspirator, Owen,
昨晚,你和你的同伙欧文打斗时
he nicked you with something.
他拿东西伤害了你
A kitchen knife, perhaps?
有可能是把菜刀
Excuse me? Obviously, you...
你说什么, 很明显,你
you got the better of him, but given your pallor,
控制住了他,但根据你惨白的面色
I'd say that the wound was significant.
我认为那个伤口很严重
I believed you earlier on when you said that you were in shock.
我同意你之前说的,你受到了惊吓
But now I think it's something else:
但现在我认为是别的原因
blood loss.
失血
Pint or two, if I had to guess.
要我猜的话,一到两品脱
That's why you're so thirsty.
这就是你这么渴的原因
Your body needs to replace the fluids that it's lost.
你的身体需要用水分来补充失血
If it didn't, then you'd have asked
如果不是这样,你早该要求
to visit the loo quite some time ago.
上厕所了
I'm sorry, but you think I'm a killer
不好意思,你就是因为我不上厕所
because I didn't go to the bathroom, hm?
而怀疑我是杀人凶手吗
That and the model glue.
还有模型胶水
You stink of it.
你浑身都是那种味道
Initially, I'd assumed that you just
起初,我以为你是不小心
spilled some on your clothing,
洒在了衣服上
but now that I know about the wound...
但是现在我知道你身上有伤
What wound?
什么伤
The one beneath your clothing.
你衣服下面的伤口
The one that you sealed with the adhesive
那个你用模型胶水
you use to build your model planes.
粘住的伤口
It's an old military trick.
这是军队常用的方法
Field medics use it to seal up a wound
战地医疗兵用它来粘合伤口
when there isn't time for stitches.
因为没时间来用针缝合
You used it to avoid a trip to the hospital
你用胶水粘合,避免了去医院的麻烦
'cause you didn't want the injury on record.
因为你不想有受伤记录
You know, I think I've given you guys
我认为你们今天已经
enough of my time today.
占用了我太多时间
Okay, you want to leave? That's not a problem.
好的,你想离开吗,没问题
Just take off your shirt and your pants, show us I'm wrong.
只需要脱掉衣服和裤子,证明我是错的
I cut my side open
我昨晚
on a sharp piece of metal in my hangar last night.
被机库里面的金属片划到了
I was going to get stitches, Owen called.
我准备去医院缝合的,欧文打电话来
I was upset.
我很生气
And I'd used glue on a cut before, so...
所以我就用胶水粘合了一下
Let's say he's right, Mr. Cooper.
假设你是对的,库珀先生
How much blood do you think ended up on Owen's body?
你认为有多少血沾在了欧文的身上
Do you know how easy it's gonna be for us
如果我们发现了的话,这很容易
to tie you to his murder, once we find it?
把你和谋杀联系到一起
I didn't murder anyone.
我没有杀害任何人
And there is no body. Course there is.
没有尸体证明, 当然有
I even think I know where to find it.
我甚至知道去哪里找
Jamaica Bay or Alley Pond Park.
牙买加湾或者爱莉潭公园
It was the wrench.
是那个扳手
You threw it in a body of brackish water
在你杀死了汉克·杰拉德后
after you murdered Hank Gerrard.
你把它扔到了淡盐水域里
The only ones in New York are the ones I just mentioned.
纽约唯一符合条件的就是刚才那两个地方
Last night, when Owen called you and told you we were onto
昨晚,当欧文打电话告诉你
the smuggling and the sabotage,
我们对他运毒起了疑心时
you went and retrieved it.
你去水边找到了扳手
You killed him,
杀了他
and then you planted it in his garage
还把扳手放在他的车库内
so we'd pin everything on him and him alone.
这样我们就会认定他是凶手
Was a lazy bit of framing, if you ask me,
我认为这是次很好的嫁祸
but you are wounded.
但是你受伤了
So...
所以
here's the thing, Mr. Cooper.
事情是这样的,库珀先生
I know that you killed Owen Barts,
我知道你杀了欧文·巴茨
just like I know that you killed your "Friend" Joe Newell
我也知道你害死了乔·内维尔
and his passengers.
和他的乘客
I also know that you like to hide things in brackish water.
我还知道你喜欢把东西藏在淡盐水域
Now, a dead body is considerably larger than a wrench,
一具死尸肯定比扳手大多了
but you were in no condition to dig a grave last night.
但你昨晚没有时间来掩埋他
Jamaica Bay and Alley Pond Park
牙买加湾和爱莉潭公园
are very large areas, but the NYPD
面积很大,但是纽约警局
is planning on searching them both.
准备在那里搜寻尸体
You could save them
你可以帮他们
a great deal of time and trouble,
省去大把的时间和精力
and tell them where Owen is, or you could continue to lie.
你只需要告诉他们欧文的尸体在哪里
Thing is, if you lie, you'll just give the D.A.
如果你说谎的话,你只会让地方检察官
more time to consider making this a federal case.
认为这是一起联邦案件
Uncle Sam doesn't take too kindly
政府对那些恶意制造飞机失事的人
to people who bring down planes.
是绝不手软的
The death penalty is a real possibility.
你很可能会被判死刑
My advice?
我的建议是
Tell us everything you know.
你如实交代一切
The great State of New York will only give you life in prison.
纽约州只会判你终身监禁的
I take it you made your case against Charles Cooper?
看来你已经解决了查尔斯·库珀案子
Ah, the police made the case.
警察解决了案子
I just lent a helping hand.
我只是帮忙
An enormous helping hand, but still.
但帮了个大忙
What is it?
怎么了
You look peculiar.
你看起来很奇怪
I guess there's a question I want to ask you.
我有个问题问你
About your past.
关于你的过去
Excellent.
好的
You wait here, I'll go to my room, shut the door.
你等在这里,我去我房间把门关上
As soon as you're absolutely certain I can't hear you,
当你确定我听不到你的声音后
ask away.
随便问
I know about Irene.
我知道艾琳了
I want you to tell me about her.
我希望你能说说有关她的事

重点单词   查看全部解释    
confront [kən'frʌnt]

想一想再看

vt. 面临,对抗,遭遇

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
panic ['pænik]

想一想再看

n. 恐慌
adj. 惊慌的
vt.

联想记忆
curiosity [.kjuəri'ɔsiti]

想一想再看

n. 好奇,好奇心

联想记忆
factor ['fæktə]

想一想再看

n. 因素,因子
vt. 把 ... 因素包括

联想记忆
insulin ['insjulin]

想一想再看

n. 胰岛素

 
complex ['kɔmpleks]

想一想再看

adj. 复杂的,复合的,合成的
n. 复合体

联想记忆
threat [θret]

想一想再看

n. 威胁,凶兆
vt. 威胁, 恐吓

 
critical ['kritikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 批评的,决定性的,危险的,挑剔的
a

 
irascible [i'ræsibl]

想一想再看

adj. 易怒的,暴躁的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。