手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法第一季 > 正文

福尔摩斯基本演绎法第一季(MP3+中英字幕):第3集 连环杀手"气球男"

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Hey, Adam, remember me?

亚当,还记得我吗
Going to school, huh? Yeah.
去上学吗, 对
Come on, I'll give you a ride.
上车吧,我载你一程
It's okay. It's on my way.
没事,我顺路的
What are those for?
这些是干嘛用的
They're for your parents.
给你父母的
Get in, I'll explain.
上车吧,我会向你解释的
You're not dressed.
你还没穿上衣呢
You said you'd go jogging with me this morning.
你说过今早要跟我一起晨跑的
Doesn't sound like me.
不像是我会说的话
Have you been up all night?
你熬了一宿吗
I started digging through one of the files I keep
你昨晚去睡觉之后
on open serial murders after you'd gone to bed,
我开始钻研手头的连环杀人案资料
and I lost track of time.
然后就忘记了时间
Still losing track of it, as a matter of fact,
实际上我现在依然沉浸其中
so, no jogging. Sorry.
所以我就不去了,抱歉
I thought we both agreed that a little exercise would
我记得我们达成过共识
be a good addition to your sobriety regimen.
适当的锻炼对你戒瘾后的恢复有好处
For future reference, when I say that I agree with you,
以后记着,当我说同意你的观点时
it means I'm not listening.
意味着我完全没在听
You know what else is great? Jazzercise.
还有种很棒的运动,爵士健身操
I'll get you some leg warmers, a headband.
我会给你买副护腿和头带
You'll look awesome.
看起来会很帅的
I agree with you.
我同意
The Balloon Man?
气球人
Is that who you've been researching?
这就是你在研究的人吗
Yeah. Came to my attention
对,我还在伦敦的时候
while I was still living in London.
就注意到他了
New York's very own bogeyman.
纽约独有的怪人
Obviously, you've heard of him.
显然你听说过他
Yeah. He took his first victim
对,他的第一个受害人在七年前
from Cobble Hill about seven years ago.
从科伯山住宅区被带走的
I was living just a few blocks away.
我当时就住在几个街区之外
Adam. Adam something.
叫亚当,姓什么来着
I think he's taken six kids since then?
我记得,在那之后一共有六个孩子是吗
Seven as of last night. What?
从昨晚起就是七个了, 什么
I heard it on my police scanner app around midnight.
我半夜用警方广播程序听到的
Ten-year-old Mariana Castillo
十岁的玛莲娜·卡斯蒂洛
snatched from her bedroom in Astoria, Queens,
从她在皇后区阿斯托利亚的家中被带走
the abductor's signature batch of balloons
现场留下了一束
left fluttering behind.
诱拐者标志性的气球
I'd like to think that Fleet Street would have devised
我觉得伦敦新闻界肯定会想出个
a more inventive sobriquet than "The Balloon Man,"
比气球人更独特的绰号
but I do enjoy the inadvertent E.E. Cummings reference.
不过我还挺喜欢它对肯明斯的暗合
Well, if you only heard it on the scanner, then you haven't
如果你只是从警方广播中听到的
actually been assigned to the case.
那就说明你还没正式参与其中
Yet.
快了
Child abductions and serial murders mean
诱拐儿童和连环杀人,这意味着
psychiatric consultants and joint task forces,
需要精神科顾问以及多部门联合行动
which in turn means that Gregson can't call me in
也就是说,格雷森在警署总督许可前
until the police commissioner approves.
是没法给我打电话的
And he doesn't get in until 8:30 a.m. sharp.
而他最早也得8点半才能得到批准
Add approximately three minutes for coffee,
再花上三分钟买咖啡
another six for a trip to the loo.
六分钟撒泡尿
Should be calling me in about, hmm, 15 minutes.
大概15分钟内就会给我打电话了
Or sooner.
看来我低估他了
Holmes.
福尔摩斯
Crescent Street, Astoria.
阿斯托利亚,克雷森特街
I'll be there presently.
我马上到
I could have sworn I was wearing a shirt at some point.
我发誓我之前是穿着上衣的
The girl's bedroom is in the back.
女孩的卧室在后院
Perp forced the lock on her window around 9:30 last night,
嫌犯昨晚9点半破开她窗户的锁
took her, tied the balloons to her bed.
带走了她,在床上系上了气球
Mom's a painter. She went to a friend's gallery.
她母亲是画家,昨晚去了朋友的画廊
Dad went to the bodega on the corner
父亲9点45分左右
to get some wine around 9:45.
在街角的杂货店里买酒
That's freshly broken.
这是新折断的
By the girl, presumably, grabbing for a handhold.
我猜是小女孩抓在手里了
That's good. She's a fighter.
很好,她勇于斗争
If little girls could actually win fights
如果小女孩真能斗得过
against grown men, then, yeah,
一个成年男性的话,好吧
it would be a cause for great optimism.
你真够乐观的
What's this?
这是搞什么
Parents are making
女孩的父母正准备
a plea to the twist that took their kid. They mustn't.
向劫匪做出恳求, 绝对不能这么做
Why not?
为什么不行
Excuse me. You can't do this.
打扰一下,你不能拍
We're live in ten, buddy,
还有十秒就要直播了,哥们
so if you wouldn't mind.
不介意的话请让开
You don't understand. It's...
你不明白,这
We're on in ten, nine, eight, seven, six,
准直播送,十,九,八,七,六
five, four, three... Look, I'm sorry.
五,四,三, 很抱歉
Two, one. Hey. Sherlock!
二,一, 福尔摩斯
I'm sorry. I warned him!
很抱歉,我警告过他了
What is this? Who are you?
怎么回事,你是谁
I'm just the man who's trying
我只是一个
to keep these people from killing your daughter.
想阻止他们害死你女儿的人
Mr. Holmes is a consultant with the department, Mr. Castillo.
福尔摩斯先生是警署顾问,卡斯蒂洛先生
Daniel Peters, Kayla Jackson,
丹尼尔·皮特斯,凯拉·杰克逊
Billy Crawford.
比利·克劳福德
Victims two, three and five of the Balloon Man.
第二,三,五号气球人的受害者
The only ones whose bodies were found.
只有他们的尸体最终被找到
Forensics estimated he kept Daniel alive
证据表明他在掩埋丹尼尔之前
for a full day before burial, Kayla for half a day,
让他活了一整天,凯拉是半天
Billy for almost two days. Why the discrepancy?
比利则是近两天,为什么相差这么久
Sherlock, they lost their daughter.
夏洛克,他们已经失去女儿了
I think... Last night, I discovered a direct correlation
我想,昨晚,我发现了杀手
between the quickness with which the killer dispatched his victims
杀害受害者的时间,与被害者父母
and the extent of their parents' media exposure.
在媒体上曝光程度之间的联系
I could show you the spreadsheet,
我可以给你看我的演算表
but in sum-- the more interviews,
但是总的来说,采访越多
the faster the children died.
孩子死得越快
Is he right?
他说的对吗
Usually.
一般来说是的
I don't understand.
我不明白
What does it matter how many interviews we do?
这跟我们接受多少访谈有什么关系
The Balloon Man feeds off the public grief
气球人想要的就是大众对于
of his victims' families.
受害者家庭的悲痛之情
You nourish him, he'll get bored,
等你满足了他的需求,他开始厌倦
end the game.
一切也就结束了
Keep him hungry,
不要满足他
we might have two days.
我们也许就能有两天时间
You want to get your little girl back?
你想让自己女儿回来吗
It's simple. You do everything I say.
很简单,按我说的做
Kemper.
肯珀
That was the name of the Balloon Man's first victim.
这是气球人第一个受害者的姓
Adam Kemper. I just remembered.
亚当·肯珀,我才想起来
The police found those balloons on the sidewalk
警察在他带走亚当的人行道上
where he'd taken Adam, the ones that said, "Thank you""
发现了那些气球,写着,谢谢你们
Like Adam's parents had given him some sort of gift.
就如同亚当的父母给了他一份礼物
I read all the articles over the years.
我这些年读过所有的文章
I know it destroys the victims' families,
我知道这摧毁了受害者的家庭
but being here in person is just...
但是身处这里实在是
Perhaps you'd like to go outside.
你想出去走走吗
I'm fine, thanks. I just...
不用了,谢谢,我只是
No, it's not an expression of concern. It's a request.
这不是出于关心,这是个要求
You're distracting me.
你在让我分神
I'm distracting you.
我让你分神
Because clearly, this is all about you.
当然了,整个世界都是以你为中心
Excuse me! No, no, no, no, it's okay.
你想干吗, 没事没事
Mr. Castillo, you can't blame yourself for what happened.
卡斯蒂洛先生,你不必为此自责
Actually, he can.
实际上他应该自责
Excuse me?
你说什么
Not for your daughter's abduction, of course.
当然不是为了你女儿被绑架的事
The kidnapper would have found a way to take her eventually.
绑匪终归是会找到带走她的办法的
But you can and should blame yourself
但是你可以并且应当为
for impeding our investigation.
拖延我们的调查而自责
I told you everything.
我已经告诉你一切了
If everything includes one very big lie.
除非你把这个弥天大谎也算上
Where's the wine that you claimed you were buying
你声称昨晚女儿被带走时
when your daughter was taken last night?
正在买酒,酒在哪
In your hand.
在你手里
And there's the lie.
这就是谎言所在
Bodegas put the price tag on the cap itself.
杂货店会在瓶盖上打上自己的价签
It saves stacking time.
这样码货时可以节省时间
Tag-- bottom. You-- liar.
价签在瓶底,你是个骗子
Obviously, you bought this at another time,
很显然你是在其他时间买的酒
presumably from the liquor store on Atlantic where you purchased
大概是在大西洋城的酒铺
the case of Prosecco you have in your pantry.
你也是在那买了现在放在餐室的气泡酒盒
The bottle was already in your fridge,
瓶子已经放在冰箱里了
so it provided an effective cover
所以这可以有效地掩饰
as to why you were really out of the house.
你不在家的真正原因
Tell us her name, Mr. Castillo, right now.
说出她的名字,卡斯蒂洛先生,快点
Whose name?
谁的名字
His mistress.
他的情人
There's no point in trying to deny it.
没必要否认
Your lemon press gave you away.
你的柠檬夹具出卖了你
Well, presses, to be precise. One old.
夹具,确切的说,有一把很旧
One quite new, less than a year.
有一把很新,最多用了一年
The pattern repeats itself with your two corkscrews,
同样的还有两个开瓶器
the pepper mills.
和胡椒磨
The older items belong to you and your wife.
旧一些的属于你和你妻子
The doubles were bought by you when you moved
那一对儿,是你在搬入长岛的
into your own place on Long Island. How...?
新居时买的, 你怎么知道
I found a letter in your mail forwarded to you
我在你邮箱里找到一封写给你的信
from a long-term stay hotel chain in Islip.
来自利普市的一个公寓式连锁酒店
I assume that you and your wife separated
我猜你和你妻子分居过一段时间
for a while, and then reconciled?
后来又重归于好了
Which brings me to your Caller ID.
这让我想到你的来电显示
You took a 15-second call
就在昨晚,在你走出房门前
from a Long Island area code last night
接了一个来自长岛地区
right before you stepped out of the house.
时长15秒的电话
Presume, from the woman who precipitated your separation.
我猜,是导致你们分居的女人打来的
She rang, you walked out of the house.
她打来电话,接着你走出房门
Why else would you hide information from the police
你既然那么迫切希望女儿回来
when you're clearly desperate to get your daughter back?
那为什么还要向警官隐瞒线索
When Sara and I were separated,
我和萨拉分居那段时间
I dated a co-worker.
我和一个同事恋爱了
She called me last night, said she was in the neighborhood
她昨晚打电话给我说她在附近
and needed to see me, but I swear,
要见我一面,不过我发誓
I only went out to tell her the she had
我出去只是想告诉她
to stay away for good.
最好离这儿远点
How could you not say anything?
你竟然瞒着我
Where did you meet her?
你在哪见的她
On the street, a few houses down from here, but I swear,
在街上,几栋房子之外,但我发誓
I didn't go into her car. I just talked to her
我没进她的车,我只跟她隔着窗户
through her window. I'd like to speak with her.
说了几句话, 我要跟她谈话
She had nothing to do with this.
她跟这件事没有任何关系
Probably not, but can you think
恐怕有的,你能想起来
of anyone else who was parked on your block last night?
还有谁昨晚在你家附近停车了吗
'Cause if she was waiting for you,
如果她在等你
I assume she was facing your house.
她应该对着你的房子
If she was facing your house...
如果她对着你的房子
Maybe she saw something that
那么她很可能会看见些东西
could help us find the guy who took your daughter.
帮我们找出劫走你女儿的人
I'm sorry.
很抱歉
I just... I can't believe I'm the reason
我只是,我敢不相信,都是因为我
that lunatic got his hands on Roberto's daughter.
罗伯托的女儿才会被那个疯子劫走
If I hadn't called him, then...
如果我不给他打电话,就不会...
Now, Ms.-Ms. Thomas, it's all right.
托马斯女士,没关系
Did you see or hear anything out of the ordinary?
你有没有看到或者听到些不寻常的东西
I never got out of my car.
我一直在车上
So, what now?
现在怎么办
I was just looking at Roberto...
我一直在看罗伯托
Do we go back to the Castillo house, talk to the parents more?
我们要回卡斯蒂洛家,和孩子父母谈谈吗
You're doing it again-- talking.
又来了,絮絮叨叨
What? I'm not supposed to talk?
什么意思,我不应该说话吗
Situations like these,
像这样的情况
cases that require my total concentration--
我需要注意力百分百集中
I talk to you, never the other way around.
只能我主动跟你说话,反之,不行
What in the hell...?
什么破...
...and I headed for the corner,
我朝角落开去
and then, um, some other car ran the stop sign,
这时,另一辆车闯了禁停标志
almost hit me.
差点撞到我
This was approximately when? Never mind.
大概是在什么时候,没关系
I already know. 9:40.
我早知道了,在9:40
The vine that the girl managed
女孩拉住屋子旁边的树枝
to pull free from the side of the house-- it means
试图挣脱,这说明
she was awake and struggling when Balloon Man took her.
当气球人劫持她时她很清醒,还在挣扎
So?
所以呢
So, examinations of the three victims whose bodies
之前发现的三名受害者的尸检
were recovered indicated that he chloroformed them.
显示凶手用氯仿麻醉了他们
He got sloppy with Mariana Castillo, rushed things.
他劫持玛莲娜时却匆忙离开
Why? Because of the sirens.
为什么呢,因为警报声
What sirens?
哪来的警报声
Listening to my scanner last night,
昨晚我听广播时
I heard a report that preceded Roberto Castillo's call
听到一则消息,就在罗伯托·卡斯蒂洛
to 911 by mere minutes.
报警前的几分钟
Some sort of domestic dispute. A squad car was dispatched
由于家庭争端,一辆警车被派往
to an address less than two blocks from the Castillo home,
一处离卡斯蒂洛家不到两个街区的地方
sirens blaring.
所以有警笛声
You think the perp panicked, and thought the sirens were for him.
你认为他是恐慌,以为警车是来逮他
So he grabbed the girl and ran.
所以他掳走了女孩,匆忙逃离
Stashed her in his car, and then tore through the stop sign.
把她藏在车里,撞坏了禁停标志
Right in front of Ms. Thomas here.
就发生在这位托马斯女士面前
The car that almost hit you--
那辆车差点撞到你
do you remember what it looked like?
你记得车的样子吗
Um, actually, it was a van.
事实上,是辆面包车
It's a kidnapper's vehicle of choice.
绑架者通常会选这种车
What else? Make? Model?
还有吗,牌子,车型呢
It happened so fast.
整个过程太快了
Uh, I'm not really a car person.
再说了,汽车方面我很外行
Are you a color person? I'll get you started.
认颜色在行吗,我带你回忆
Red? Blue? Black?
红,蓝,还是黑色
Brown. Dark brown.
棕色,深棕色
So, what are we looking for?
我们在找什么
Home security camera?
家用保安摄像头
Neighbor with a photographic memory?
有神一般记忆力的邻居
Hey, care to explain what you said back at the station about,
愿意解释一下你刚才在局里说的话吗
you know, you talking to me, not the other way around?
你能跟我说话,反之则不行
Yes, well aware I'm doing it again.
好吧,我很清楚我又跟你说话了
I've found, over the years,
这么多年来,我发现
that nothing clears up a difficult case
像别人叙述案情可以
so much as stating it to another person.
更快解决复杂的案件
I talk, they listen, and in talking,
我说,他们只听
I make connections I may have otherwise missed.
但是谈话会让我有所遗漏
One-way street, not two.
单行道,不是双行
Who did you speak to back in London?
你在伦敦和谁说话
Oh, lots of people. Waitstaff, cabdrivers.
多了去了,服务员,出租司机
The occasional prostitute.
暗娼
Better listeners than you might think.
作为倾听者,她们比你想象的棒多了
Right. You don't look good.
好吧,你脸色看起来不好
My appearance has always meant so much to me.
外表对我来说很重要
You haven't eaten today, have you?
你今天没吃饭,是吗
No sleep, no food...
没睡觉,也没吃饭
Will make Sherlock a dull boy.
夏洛克会变成傻子
People in recovery have a tendency to relapse
在康复中的人如果不进食
when they haven't eaten...
会引起病情复发
You know what, Watson?
你知道吗,华生
I take it all back.
我收回我的话
I'm beginning to find the chatter
我开始觉得
that accompanies your companionship
有个喋喋不休的朋友陪着你
extremely useful.
非常有用
A bit like white noise.
就像白噪音(覆盖使人心烦的噪声的干扰音)
It puts me in a state where I think, and I observe better.
能让我处于思考状态,更好地观察
For example...
举个例子
What? If this is your idea of a brown van,
什么,如果你觉得这是棕色面包车
then you're even more sleep-deprived than I thought.
那你的睡眠不足比我想象的严重多了
Note the parking tickets. Hmm?
注意这里的停车罚单
It's been here for days.
在这儿好几天了
Yet there are small skid marks beneath each tire,
但是每个轮胎下都有细小的摩擦痕迹
indicating it's been moved several inches.
说明它被挪动了几英尺
Someone sideswiped it.
有人从侧面撞了它
My money is on a speeding van
我打赌是那辆
driven by a panicked kidnapper.
由落荒而逃的绑匪驾驶的超速面包车
Well, the paint from the other car is supposed to be...
那么那辆车留下的油漆颜色应该是...
It's dark brown as per Ms. Thomas' description.
是深棕色,和之前托马斯女士描述的一样
But there's blue and white paint
但是这还有蓝色和白色
mixed in with the brown. Means it's brown now,
混着棕色, 说明车现在是棕色
but was originally painted white and blue--
但本来喷得是白色和蓝色
a very distinctive white and blue as a matter of fact.
事实上,是很显眼的白色和蓝色
Detective Bell.
贝尔探员
Excuse me.
不好意思
We are looking for a decommissioned NYPD van,
我们要找一辆退役的警用面包车
presumably sold at auction, then painted brown.
大概被拍卖了,后来被漆成了棕色
It has a long scrape down one side
这辆轿车被它撞击的
where it struck this sedan.
那一面有擦痕
Issue the BOLO now,
尽快解决
we may find the Balloon Man before lunch.
我们要在午饭前找到气球人
I'm not sleeping.
我没在睡觉
I'm just reviewing the details of the case in my mind.
我只是在脑中回顾案件细节
I'm sorry, were you talking to me?
不好意思,你在跟我说话吗
'Cause I thought I was
因为我刚才
just a cavernous expanse between two ears.
耳朵里嗡嗡作响听不清楚
You mustn't be so sensitive, Watson.
你不必这么敏感,华生
The service you're providing is quite valuable.
你的服务很有价值
For a brief stretch in London,
简单说说在伦敦的生活
I talked only to a phrenology bust I kept in my study.
我只对用来做研究的一个半身像说话
I named him Angus.
我叫他安格斯
Wasn't the same.
不是凯尔特神话的那个爱神
I realized that when it came to listeners,
我才意识到,就倾听者而言
I preferred animate to inanimate.
我更偏爱有血有肉的人
Was quite a breakthrough, really.
这算是个突破了,真的
Angus.
安格斯
I'm glad I made it to the animate category.
我很高兴我是个有血有肉的人
Just got a hit on our BOLO.
刚才有人撞见了目标车辆
Car Five, you still got the eye?
五号车,还能看见吗
Yeah, driver's a male white wearing a hoodie.
能,司机是穿着帽衫的白人男性
All I can make out.
我能辨识出
Aviation One, you getting anything on the thermal imaging?
一号机,你能从热成像看出什么吗
Negative. We're too high to see if...
不能,我们的飞行高度太高了
He made us. Heading north on 78th.
他发现我们了,正在朝78街移动
Police! Stay where you are!
警察,站住
Stay on the ground.
趴在地上
Don't move!
别动
She's not here.
她不在这儿
Cap, that's not our guy.
队长,这不是我们要找的人
He would have been in sixth grade
气球人拐走第一个受害者时
when Balloon Man took his first victim.
他应该才六年级
Hey, Holmes. What are you doing?
福尔摩斯,你在干什么
Holmes. Sorry,
福尔摩斯, 不好意思
it's just that, well,
那个
according to that birthmark on his neck,
从他脖子上的胎记看来
you're quite right.
你是对的
This is not the man that took Adam Kemper back in 2005.
这不是2005年拐走亚当·肯珀的人
This is Adam Kemper.
他就是亚当·肯珀
Adam.
亚当
Adam, please talk to me.
亚当,说句话吧
Now, we know who you are, Adam,
我们知道你是谁,亚当
your fingerprints confirmed it,
你的指纹证实了这点
so come on,
赶紧的
tell me how you ended up in that van.
告诉我你怎么会在辆面包车里
We've got a psychiatrist coming,
有一位精神病医师要来
but I don't think it's going to make much difference.
但我不认为那会有什么作用
This kid just doesn't want to engage.
这孩子不肯合作
Well, have you notified his parents?
你们通知他的父母了吗
Commissioner made the call.
局长打过电话了
They're on their way.
他们正在来的路上
Should only take 'em an hour
他们要从外面的媒体中开出一条路
to fight through all the media outside.
也就需要一小时
Story of the century, this.
这是本世纪的焦点新闻
Missing boy presumed dead,
被推断为已故的失踪男孩
recovered after all these years.
几年后又重现人间
Well, the fact that he was found in a van that
事实是,他出现在一辆面包车里
we thought belonged to the Balloon Man.
而我们认为那辆车属于气球人
That's obviously more than a coincidence, right?
这显然不仅仅是巧合,对吧
I read about a case like this.
我读到过类似的案件
Police in Dubuque found
德比克的警察找到了
a 15-year-old who'd been missing for seven years.
一位已失踪七年的十五岁男孩
Now, the man who had taken him
如今拐走他的人
had enrolled him in school.
帮他登记入学
He even let him have friends over to the house.
那人甚至还允许他带朋友回家
The boy never tried to leave because he had grown
那男孩从没试图离开,因为他对绑匪
to sympathize with his captor.
产生了同情心
If that's what's happened here,
如果这个案件也是这样的
it would explain why Adam was running from the police
那就解释了为什么亚当在逃避警察
instead of to them.
而不是向他们求救
Because he's actually grown to care for the lunatic.
因为他竟对那疯子产生了关怀之心
If Adam's still alive,
如果亚当还活着
maybe some of the other victims are, too.
或许其他几个受害者也还活着
Adam was special-- his first.
亚当是特别的,是他的处女作
The Balloon Man's second and third victims are
仅有三个受害人被找到
two of only three to be recovered.
第二个和第三个受害人是其中两个
Their condition suggests that he rather liked the killing.
他们的情况暗示他喜欢杀戮
After he had a taste, I don't believe he ever looked back.
尝过那滋味以后,我不认为他还会回头
Question now is, what role did Adam play
目前的问题是,亚当在他们的遇害中
in their deaths?
扮演了什么角色
You think Adam helped him?
你认为亚当帮了他
Well, you said it yourself: he sympathized with his captor.
你自己说的,他同情绑匪
Question is, to what degree?
问题是,到什么程度
We did find him in that van.
他的确出现在了面包车里
CSU is processing it for evidence
犯罪现场调查小组正在从车里寻找
to try and prove whether Mariana Castillo was inside.
属于玛莲娜·卡斯蒂洛的证据
In the meantime, we've got Adam on auto theft,
同时,我们用盗用汽罪车拖住他
but if he doesn't start talking to us soon,
但如果他不尽快跟我们交谈的话
we're going to run out of time to find the Castillo girl.
我们就来不及找到卡斯蒂洛了
I want to talk to him.
我想跟他谈谈
I think I can get through to him.
我想我能让他弄清状况
Holmes, this is a delicate situation.
福尔摩斯,形势微妙啊
And I can, on occasion, be indelicate, I'm well aware,
我非常明白我有时候不太得体
but if you think I'd do anything
但是你认为我会做
to jeopardize the life of that girl...
危及那女孩生命的事吗
Intentionally, of course not.
蓄意的,当然不会了
We're talking about a kid here--
我们在说一个孩子
a kid that's been traumatized, maybe even brainwashed.
一个受到精神伤害,甚至被洗脑的孩子
A kid who wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for me.
如果没有我,那孩子也不会在这里
What, oh, you think that gives you the right to question him?
你以为这就给了你审问他的权力吗
You're a consultant, not a cop.
你只是个顾问,不是警察
And given the very real possibility
那个年轻人很有可能是
that the young man is accessory
几起恐怖罪行中的帮凶
to several horrific crimes, maybe "Not a cop"
或许没有警察身份的我
is exactly what he needs at the moment, hmm?
正是他目前需要的
Ten minutes-- that's all I ask.
十分钟,这就是我的全部请求
You've got five.
给你五分钟
Hello, Adam.
你好,亚当
My name is Sherlock.
我的名字是夏洛克
You can probably tell from my accent,
从我的口音或许能听出
I'm not a New York City police officer,
我不是纽约市的警察
nor am I a psychiatrist,
我也不是精神病医师
which makes me the only person you're going to talk to today
这让我成为了今天唯一一位
who isn't going to lie to you.
不会对你撒谎的倾诉对象
The people who were here earlier--
之前在这里的那些人
Detective Bell and the others--
贝尔警探还有其他人
they told you that the man who took you seven years ago
他们告诉你七年之前拐走你的人
was a bad man, that he hurt you, abused you.
是个坏人,他伤害了你,虐待你
But they don't know the whole story, do they?
但他们不知道实际情况,对吗
He also took care of you,
他还照顾你
kept a roof over your head,
让你住在屋子里
taught you to drive.
教你开车
Loved you.
爱你
My father packed me off
我父亲在我八岁的时候
to boarding school when I was just eight years old.
就把我打发到了寄宿学校
I was a little bit of a know-it-all--
我以前是个小灵通
well, massive know-it-all, actually.
好吧,其实是个万事通
Turned a lot of the other boys
学校里很多男孩
at the school against me, hmm,
都与我为敌
especially one by the name of Anders Larson.
尤其是一个叫安德斯·拉森的男孩
Now, over the course of the next year,
在接下来的一年里
Anders took his anger out on me
安德斯用了各种残忍和可怕的手段
in, uh, myriad cruel and terrible ways--
在我身上发泄他的愤怒
nothing close to what you experienced, of course,
当然这跟你所经历的比起来不算什么
but it seemed worth mentioning.
不过值得一提的是
You see... the more Anders hurt me...
安德斯越伤害我
...the more I felt gratitude
我就越感激
that he was actually paying attention to me.
因为实际上他重视我
That in, in tormenting me, he was attempting
通过折磨我,他在试图
to correct what I knew to be wrong with myself.
改正我所知道的自身的错误
One day,
一天
after a particularly brutal lesson...
一次特别野蛮的教训之后
...it left me in a very bad way,
我伤痕累累
a teacher asked me who was responsible.
一位老师问我这是谁干的
I said I'd fallen down the stairs.
我说我从楼梯上摔下来了
Funny, the things that we do
为我们关心的人
for the people that we care about.
干出的事,真可笑
Uh, did he do that to you--
那是他干的吗
the person that you care about?
那个你关心的人
No.
不是
I was in my room
那天晚上
the other night... and it was hot.
我在我的房间里,当时很热
I tried to open the window, but it was stuck,
我试图打开窗户,但是窗户卡住了
and my hand went through the pane.
然后我的手打破了玻璃
And he took care of me.
他照顾我
He put a bandage on it.
他包扎的伤口
Of course he did.
当然是他啦
He loves you.
他爱你
He does everything for me.
他为我做所有事情
He comes home every morning and brings me doughnuts.
每天早晨他都给我送来甜甜圈
He doesn't need to, but he does.
他不需要这么做,但是他做了
I never even asked...
我从来都没要求过
No more questions.
不许再问了
He lawyered up.
他请律师来了
Via telepathy?
通过心灵感应吗
Via his parents.
通过他的父母
They're here.
他们来了
I'm sorry, I know you have questions for Adam,
对不起,我知道你们有问题要问亚当
but come on,
但是别装了
you think we don't know that you think Adam may have had
你们认定发生在其他孩子身上的事
something to do with what happened
跟亚当有关系
to the other children?
你们以为我们不知道吗
It's a possibility, yes,
是的,这是一种可能性
which is why we'd like to keep talking to him--
这就是为什么我们坚持与他交流
to see if he can help us find Mariana Castillo.
看看他能否帮助我们找到玛莲娜
I can't imagine what they're going through right now.
难以想象他们现在是什么感觉
By the way, that was really something
另外,你刚才对亚当讲的话
back there with Adam.
很感人
The story about your bully was really very moving.
关于你在学校受欺负的故事很让人感动
Any of it true?
里面有真话吗
I went to boarding school.
我真得在寄宿学校上学
You should know, Captain, that we've already broached
警监,我们已经和地方检察官
the possibility of an immunity deal
讨论了免责协议
with the district attorney's office.
的可行性
Adam would be given immunity for any crimes
如果是那个绑架他的人
he may have been compelled to commit
指使他犯罪的
by the individual who took him,
亚当可以受到免责保护
and in exchange he'd tell you everything he knows about the man.
作为交换,他要告诉我们谁是绑架犯
He'll also help you try and locate the bodies of the victims
他也能帮助你们找到
that were never recovered.
死者的尸体
We expect to hear back from the D.A. by morning.
我们明早会得到检察官的结果
By then it may be too late for the Castillo girl.
到那时,卡斯蒂洛会有生命危险
Which is why we very much hope
这也是为什么我们希望
that you'll support our proposal.
你们能支持我们的提议
Excuse me, I'm sorry.
不好意思,请稍等
Yes?
什么事
Support the proposal, don't support it.
支持不支持那个提议
It doesn't matter.
都无所谓
My conversation with Adam may have been aborted,
虽然我和亚当的谈话无法进行了
but it was far from a total waste.
但也不是毫无意义的
What do you mean? Adam said the Balloon Man
什么意思, 亚当说那个气球人
comes home every morning with doughnuts.
每天早晨都带甜甜圈回家
That means he works nights.
这就说明他在晚上工作
It doesn't sound like much, I know,
听起来可能无关痛痒
but it's more than we previously knew about him.
但总比我们之前了解得多
And you think you can run with that?
你认为可以从此处着手
From a drop of water, a logician can infer the possibility
通过一滴水,逻辑学家能够推断出
of an Atlantic or a Niagara
它来自大西洋还是尼亚加拉河
without having seen or heard of either one.
而不需要任何样本帮助
I've got my drop of water.
我已经有了这滴水
Now allow me to infer.
请允许我查下去
He worked nights-- you think that's really going
他上晚班,你真的觉得
to be enough to identify the Balloon Man?
这个线索能帮我们找到气球人吗
Of course not, but it's a start.
当然不能,但是个开始
Our previous suspect pool included
之前,全城的男人都是
virtually every man in the city.
我们的嫌疑犯
Now it's been reduced to every man who works nights.
现在起码缩小到上晚班的男人
You're gonna stay up all night again, aren't you?
你又准备通宵了,对不对
You can't stop me, Watson.
你拦不住我,华生
I don't care how I look, I don't care how I smell,
即使蓬头垢面,浑身臭气我也不在乎
I'm not going to sleep.
我不会去睡觉的
Well, I have no intention of stopping you.
我也没打算阻止你
I mean, what you're doing to your body isn't healthy,
我只想说,你这样的生活是不健康的
you know, especially for someone so fresh out of rehab,
尤其是你刚从戒毒所出来
but I get it.
但我知道那是徒劳
I will happily loan you my ears if it means
如果聆听能帮你找到
getting Mariana Castillo back alive and well.
玛莲娜·卡斯蒂洛,我很愿意
I appreciate that, but at the moment
很感谢,但是现在
I do not require a listener.
我不需要聆听者
I will have nothing to talk about
因为直到我看完这些文件之前
until I've reviewed all of these files.
我没什么要说的
All right, then, I'll take a box.
好吧,我负责一箱
No, no, no, it doesn't work like that.
不,不,不,那样不行
My brain is the filter
只有我的脑子
all this needs to go through, not yours.
才能驾驭这些文件,你可不行
I need to read every word, study every image.
我需要浏览所有的文字和图片
All right, then, I'll help you stay awake.
好吧,那我帮你保持清醒
All right, you know where the coffee is.
好的,你知道咖啡的位置
It's not about the coffee.
我说的不是咖啡
Whoa, then, what are you proposing?
那你有什么建议呢
I'm gonna teach you something--
我教你一个秘诀
a little trick that I learned back in medical school.
我从医学院学到的
This is what they taught you in medical school?
医学院就教这个吗
When I was cramming for a test and I was tired,
我准备考试或者感到疲劳的时候
I would do a hundred of these, get my blood pumping.
就做一百个蹲起,让我的血液狂奔
Kept me from falling asleep.
避免犯困
I was valedictorian.
我可是毕业生代表
I'm just saying.
说说而已
Watson!
华生
He changed jobs. Who?
他换工作了, 谁啊
The Balloon Man.
气球人
A few years ago, the FBI worked a theory
几年前,联邦调查局认为
that he was an exterminator.
他的工作是消灭虫害
Adam Kemper's family had had their house fumigated
亚当·肯珀失踪前
just the week before he disappeared.
家里曾经消过毒
Yes, I'm still holding, yes.
没事,我在听
No one thought much of it
当时没人多想
until these were taken
直到他们在
right outside the homes of victims two and three.
二号和三号受害者的房子周围发现这个
Oh, both neighbors had their houses tented.
周边的邻居都把房屋出租了
In 2008, the FBI interviewed all 35 of the employees
2008年,联邦调查局审问了
of the company that fumigated the Kempers' home,
为肯珀家做消毒的35个工人
but failed to elicit any strong suspects.
但是没发现任何嫌疑人
They eventually discarded their theory when no connection
他们最后放弃了这个假设
to extermination was found in or around the homes
因为后续的受害者都没有
of the subsequent victims.
相似的情况
See, the thing is, I think they were onto something.
但我认为他们的假设是对的
I think the Balloon Man was an exterminator,
气球人以前是做防治虫害工作的
but then changed jobs between victims three and four.
但在绑架四号受害人之前换了工作
See this?
看看这个
It's a copy of The Investor's Post.
这是一份投资者邮报
You can tell from the distinctive
从那橙色纸张
salmon-colored paper stock.
就能判断出来
The parents of victim number four had a subscription.
受害人的家庭都订购了这份报纸
As do the parents of Mariana Castillo,
最新的受害者玛莲娜·卡斯蒂洛的父母
the most recent victim.
也是这样
I saw one in their kitchen yesterday.
我昨天在厨房看到了报纸
The parents of victims five, six and seven
五号,六号和七号受害人的父母
are not subscribers, but have neighbors who are.
没有订购,但是他们的邻居有订
So the Balloon Man was an exterminator;
所以气球人之前是防治虫害的
now he delivers papers at night for The Investor's Post.
现在他晚上为投资者邮报送报纸
Mm, he identified his first three victims through
他通过第一份工作盯上了前三位受害者
his first job, his last five victims through his second.
而通过第二份工作盯上了后五位受害者
I'm on the phone with the paper now.
我现在正在和报社通话
They're telling me the name of the man responsible
他们正在帮我查为卡斯蒂洛家
for the Castillos' route.
送报的员工
They think I'm a subscriber,
他们以为我订购了邮报
looking to send a belated tip.
正在等一份迟到的报纸
Yes, yes, hello.
是我,是我,你好
Thank you so much.
太感谢你了
Thank you.
谢谢
See any familiar names?
这名字眼熟吗
Samule Abbott
塞缪尔·阿伯特
Abbott's mother is listed
阿伯特的母亲
as the owner of the apartment, but she died six months ago.
是公寓的房主,但是她六个月前过世了
He put it as his home address the last time
他在驾照年检时
he renewed his driver's license.
登记了这个住址
Clear!
安全
Clear!
安全
Clear!
安全
We got nothing, Captain.
什么都没有找到,警监
The place is clean.
这个地方安全
What's that?
那是什么
Head back to that room.
回到刚才那个房间
"Congrats."
祝贺
To who?
祝贺谁
To us.
我们
For finding his place.
祝贺我们找到他的住处
What is that on the balloon?
气球上挂着什么
Bringing it to you, Captain.
带回去给你,警监
You have something that's mine.
你们有我要的东西
You have Adam.
亚当在你们手里
You know who I am and you know what I can do.
你们知道我是谁,也知道我的所作所为
I've already killed six people.
我已经杀了六个人了
If you haven't released my son back to me by noon tomorrow,
如果到明天中午,你们不把儿子还给我
you can make it seven.
她就是第七个
Please.
拜托您
Make the trade.
交换吧
Bring us back our daughter.
换回我们的女儿
I'm afraid it's not that simple, Mrs. Castillo.
卡斯蒂洛女士,事情没那么简单
The department can't trade one victim for another.
警局不能用受害者进行交换
Is that what you really think Adam Kemper is?
你们真的认为亚当·肯珀是受害者吗
I saw on the news this morning,
我今天早晨看新闻了
the D.A. Offered him an immunity deal.
地方检察院给了他免责权
If he's just a victim, what does he need immunity from?
如果他只是受害者,要免责做什么
Given the givens in this case,
现在这种情况下
the D.A. felt he had to offer that deal.
地方检察官也只得开出这样的条件
Now, I know the media has broached the possibility
我知道媒体正议论纷纷
of Adam being involved somehow in the Balloon Man's crimes,
认为亚当可能协同气球人作案
but we haven't confirmed any of that yet.
但这种可能性还没得到证实
So how long do we wait for you to confirm something?
那要等多久你们才能证实点东西出来
Um, an hour, a day, a week?
一小时,一天还是一星期
I mean, he just said we only have till noon tomorrow.
可他说只等到明天中午
Mr. Castillo Has anybody
卡斯蒂洛先生, 有人问过
asked Adam Kemper what he wants?
亚当·肯珀想怎么样吗
He's 19-- an adult.
他都19了,是成年人了
If he was really some sort of partner to this monster,
如果他真是那个畜生的帮手
then isn't it possible that he wants to go back?
他可能是想回去的吧
Victims of horrific abuse
经受严重虐待的受害者
are often protective of their abusers.
大多会保护施虐者
It doesn't mean we should send them back for seconds.
但并不意味着要把人送回去
No, listen,
不,听着
the immunity deal is on the table.
我们已经在讨论免责的事了
Then why hasn't he taken it?
那他为什么还不接受
Because he's been traumatized.
因为他精神上受到了创伤
He's hardly speaking, even to his own parents.
对自己的父母都不开口讲话
Come on.
我们走
If anything happens to our daughter,
假如我们女儿出什么事
your head is the one we're going to be calling for in the press.
我们会在新闻里让你身败名裂
So now what?
现在怎么办
We go back to the files.
再去查那堆档案
We see if there's any clue that we missed
看看有没有漏掉
as to where Abbott is keeping the girl.
能让我们找到被绑架者的线索
That's one option.
那确实是种选择
You have another?
你还有其他想法
When Adam's parents hired a lawyer,
亚当的父母雇了律师
they put a wall between him and the NYPD.
相当于在亚当和警察间砌了一堵墙
No cop can talk to him.
没有警察能和他说话
No cop.
不能是警察
That's interesting.
有趣的想法
And where is he now?
他现在人在哪
What? I'm sore.
怎么了, 疼
Only did about a thousand squats last night.
昨晚大概做了一千个蹲起
Listen, I wanted to thank you for all of your help.
听好了,我想谢谢你的帮助
Well, always happy to listen.
我总是乐于倾听
No, no, no, actually, Watson,
不不不,事实上,华生
I was the one who listened last night,
昨晚是我在倾听
and I heard someone who was willing to accommodate
我听到有人愿意改变自己
the difficult process of a difficult person
去适应一个难缠的人
for the greater good.
想让他变得更好
It's a rare quality, in my experience.
依我之见,这种品质很难得
I may even listen to you again in the future.
将来我没准会再听你的话
Not your sobriety twaddle, of course.
当然不是叫我节制之类的废话
Just your thoughts on cases.
只是你对案子的看法
Thank you for seeing me, Adam.
谢谢你愿意见我,亚当
You're the only one who gets it.
你是我唯一肯见的人
Well, you know by now we've identified him, don't you?
你知道我们已经清楚他的身份了吧
Samuel Abbott?
萨缪尔·阿伯特
Are you worried about him?
你担心他吗
He's my dad.
他是我爸
Is that why you've been hesitant to sign the immunity deal?
所以你才犹豫是否要签免责协议
Would you turn in your dad?
你会告发你爸吗
I'd trade my dad for a Tic Tac,
我曾经用我爸换了一颗的嘀嗒糖
but that's my dad, not yours.
但那是我爸,跟你的情况不一样
The sooner we find him, the better off he'll be.
我们越快找到他,对他就越有利
He hasn't hurt Mariana Castillo yet.
他还没伤害玛莲娜·卡斯蒂洛
You loved him...
你爱他
but you didn't love what he did.
但你并不爱他的所作所为
I can tell.
我能看出来
He did make you help with the others, didn't he?
他让你帮忙抓别的孩子,是不是
He's my dad.
他可是我爸
That doesn't mean it wasn't hard.
那并不意味着你该帮他
Is that why you didn't want to sign the deal?
你不签免责协议是不是因为
Because you don't feel you deserve it?
你觉得自己是罪有应得
I never...
我一直...
I never knew why it was so important to him.
我一直不明白为什么他非要做那种事
But I loved him.
但我爱他
And when he asked me to take-- help take the others,
当他叫我帮他,帮他抓人
then I told him I'd do that.
我就告诉他我会帮忙
It's okay. No, it isn't.
没关系的, 不,不是
Nothing's okay. I'm so confused.
那很要紧,我非常苦恼
I don't know what I'm supposed to do.
我不知道自己该怎么办
You told me the other day that you'd never lie to me.
你那天告诉我你不会对我撒谎
That's right.
So tell me if I sign that deal,
那你告诉我,如果我签了免责协议
and if I tell you where you can find him,
告诉你们他在哪里
do you think it'll make up for the things I've done?
是不是能弥补我做过的事
No, I don't.
不,不能
Six other children are dead, thanks to your dad.
六个孩子因为你爸死了
To whatever degree you assisted him,
无论你帮了他多少
you will never get their blood off your hands.
你手上的鲜血都永远不会洗清
But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try.
但那并不意味着,你不该试着赎罪
Okay.
I'll sign the papers.
我签
I'll tell you where we live.
我会告诉你我们住的地方
That's where you'll find the girl.
在那能找到那个女孩
NYPD
纽约警察
Drop it!
放下武器
Don't move!
不许动
Drop the gun and let her go.
放下武器,放开她
Let her go.
放开她
Now!
立刻
Tell Adam I'm sorry.
告诉亚当我很抱歉
Mariana's okay.
玛莲娜没事
She's terrified.
只是受了惊吓
She hasn't been hurt.
没受伤
You can go home, get some rest.
你回家去休息吧
You okay?
你没事吧
He wasn't what I was expecting.
他和我想象得有差距
Who? Samuel Abbott.
谁, 萨缪尔·阿伯特
He dominated Adam.
他控制了亚当
I was expecting a more virile man.
应该更有气场才对
Just seems a bit...
这人看来有点...
feeble.
And that back brace.
他还带着背撑
Three scars. Means major surgery,
有三条疤痕,是大手术
multiple operations, fused vertebrae.
动过很多次,做的是脊椎融合
Makes sense that he would've needed Adam
这样就说得通了,他需要亚当
to help him get around.
帮助他走动
Do you hear that?
你听见了吗
What? What...?
什么, 是什么...
My God. This is where Adam slept?
我的天,亚当就睡在这里
What's wrong?
哪里不对了
That man out there, Abbott, is not the Balloon Man.
阿伯特不是气球人
Hello, Adam.
你好,亚当
Mr. Holmes, what are you doing here?
福尔摩斯先生,你在这里干什么
Thought it was time for another one of our little chats.
我觉得我们有必要再聊聊
How did you get into my room? Through the window.
你怎么进我房间的, 爬窗呗
Somehow I managed to open it without slicing my hand.
但我没划到自己的手
You said that...
你说过...
you cut your hand trying to open a window in your room.
你的手是打开房间窗户时划伤的
Your room. Not Samuel Abbott's.
是你的房间,不是萨缪尔·阿伯特的
So imagine my surprise when I saw your room today.
知道我今天见到你的房间时有多惊讶吗
Two lamps, proper bed, television.
两盏灯,一张好床,还有电视
Virtual palace compared to Samuel's room.
跟萨缪尔的房间比起来简直是宫殿
All he had was a stained mattress and a tattered sheet.
他可只有一张破垫子和烂床单
No, you're talking about my room.
不,那是我的房间
That's where he made me sleep.
他让我睡觉的地方
No, don't lie to me, Adam, not again.
别再跟我扯谎了,亚当
You told me when we met
我们第一次见面时你告诉我
that you injured your hand
你的手是因为
trying to open a window in your room,
打开你房间的窗户
the master bedroom.
也就是主卧的窗户受伤的
That's where the broken pane was.
而破掉的玻璃窗就在主卧里
Samuel Abbott was not the Balloon Man.
萨缪尔·阿伯特不是气球人
You were.
你才是
Mr. Holmes, I-I could't under...
福尔摩斯先生,我不明白...
I examined the pillows in the larger room--
我检查了大卧室的枕头
I found nothing but short, dark hair-- your hair.
发现只有黑色的短发,是你的
On the pillows in the smaller room,
而小卧室的枕头上
I found nothing but Samuel's hair--
却是萨缪尔的头发
stringy and gray.
灰色的卷发
You occupied the master bedroom
你住在主卧
because you were the master.
因为你才是主人
You tricked me, Adam.
你玩了我一把,亚当
That doesn't happen very often.
这可不是常有的事
I thought you were a dullard.
我以为你是个笨蛋
You're actually...
你事实上...
quite brilliant.
挺聪明
It must take a huge intellect
一个小男孩能让
for a boy to turn the tables
诱拐他的人听命于他
on the man who abducted him.
他一定智力非常
You have no idea.
你根本不懂
Whose idea was it to take more children?
是谁想要诱拐更多的孩子
Was it his... or was it yours?
是他,还是你
I'd just turned 14; I was lonely.
我当时刚14岁,我很孤独
No. What you wanted was to make someone else the victim,
不,你只是想让其他人也成为受害者
hurt them...
伤害他们
like you'd been hurt.
就像你曾被伤害过
No, you're forgetting the parents.
不,你忘记了那些父母
They're the ones that I got to see on TV,
我想在电视上看到他们痛哭
crying, begging the monster
乞求带走他们子女的畜生
who took their son or daughter to give them back.
把孩子还给他们
See, when Samuel took me, it was very difficult at first.
萨缪尔刚带走我时,我真的很痛苦
I had to put up with a lot.
我要忍受很多
But he did let me watch TV,
但是他允许我看电视
and so I got to see my parents on the news
于是我能在新闻上看到我的父母
at least once a day, pleading
恳求萨缪尔放了我
with Samuel to let me go.
至少每天一次
And the funny thing was,
有趣的是
he wasn't the least bit affected.
他没有受到一丁点影响
But I was.
但是我有
You got off on it.
你觉得很享受
I really found myself.
我找到了自我
And as for how I turned the tables on him,
说到扭转局面
let's just say it's not very difficult
当绑架你的人智商低于90时
when your captor has an IQ south of 90.
那也不算多困难
Psychological abuse followed by physical--
心理虐待之后是身体虐待
all very standard.
这是标准模式
And the trade he proposed yesterday--
甚至他昨天提出的交换条件
Mariana for me-- wasn't even his idea.
用我交换玛莲娜,也不是他的主意
It was a contingency plan.
这是应急计划
If I ever got caught, he was supposed
一旦我被抓了,他就要
to use the hostage that we had,
用我们手上的人质
or take a new one, to secure my release.
或者抓一个新的,用来释放我
And the idiot didn't even have a clue that the police
那个白痴再怎么也想不到
would never go for that in a million years.
警察是万万不会那么做的
But you knew it would give them incentive
但是你知道这能迫使他们
to offer you an immunity deal.
和你签订免责协议
Must have taken everything you had
听到交易提出的时候
not to jump on that deal the first time it came up.
你肯定下了不少功夫来避免太过主动
Are you here to kill me, Mr. Holmes?
你是来杀我的吗,福尔摩斯先生
Because I have to admit
因为我必须承认
I find the possibility very... exciting.
我觉得这种可能性非常,令人兴奋
I'm gonna go brush my teeth now.
我现在要去刷牙
I don't think you're gonna be here when I get back.
当我回来的时候你应该已经离开了
If it's any consolation,
如果这能算安慰的话
I don't think I'm gonna stay in this city much longer.
我应该不久之后就会离开这个城市
I think it's time to move someplace else,
我觉得是时候搬到新地方
meet new people.
见见新的人
I'm gonna miss our little chats.
我会怀念我们的谈话的
I just got an e-mail from my friend from the D.A.'s office.
刚刚收到检察院的朋友发来的邮件
He said the language from the immunity
他说免责协议的语言
agreement is pretty ironclad.
很严密
"Adam Kemper is immune from prosecution.."
"任何与萨缪尔·阿伯特..."
"For any crimes committed in consort with Samuel Abbott,
"又名气球人,一起犯下的罪行,亚当·肯珀
aka the Balloon Man."
都免予起诉"
Yes, I'm quite familiar with the phrasing.
是的,我对这些很熟
I've been reviewing it myself.
我自己审查过
Look, what that kid did is... disgusting.
那孩子的所作所为,很令人厌恶
I hate the fact that he's out there in the world.
我不能接受他还在逍遥法外
But you did make a difference.
但你确实帮到忙了
You saved Mariana,
你救了玛莲娜
and you told the police
你告诉警察
what kind of person Adam Kemper really is.
亚当·肯珀是什么样的人
I handed a psychopath a get-out-of-jail-free card.
我给一个神经病送去了出狱证
You're not the only one he fooled.
他愚弄的不止你一个
If you're trying to blow off steam, squats would be cheaper.
如果你想发脾气,蹲起会更省事
Easier on the decor, too. I can't.
也不需要破坏装修, 做不了
I overdid last night and pulled a muscle.
昨晚做多了,拉伤了肌肉
My back's been sore all day.
我的后背一整天都在痛
I said a hundred squats, not a thousand.
我说了是一百次,不是一千次
Back pain.
背痛
Yeah.
知道了
Thank you.
谢谢你
Dear sweet...
亲爱的
back pain.
背痛
Morning, Adam.
早安,亚当
You picturing those two begging for their son's life?
在想像那两人乞求你放过他们的儿子吗
No, it's nice out-I'm just passing the time.
不,外面挺好的,我只是在打发时间
You look kind of tired.
你看起来有点累
I'm getting that a lot lately.
最近一直这样
Listen, before you leave town, I wanted to ask you
在你离开之前,我想问你一些
about William Crawford.
关于威廉·克劳福德的事
Your fifth victim.
第五个受害者
Parents called him Billy.
父母喊他比利
You abducted him on April 3, 2009.
你们在2009年4月3日诱拐了他
Right, yeah. Blond boy. He cried a lot.
对的,金发男孩,总是哭
Well, yes, I'm sure you could reminisce all day.
是的,我知道你能回忆一整天
Still, not your cleanest work.
但是那次做得并不干净
The police found his body on April 7.
警察在4月7日发现了他的尸体
Yeah, we buried him deeper after that.
之后我们埋得更深了
Actually, let me be clear about that,
实际上,让我把话说清楚
in case you have somebody listening to our conversations.
以防你让别人到听我们的谈话
Mr. Abbott made me bury them deeper after that.
是阿伯特先生逼迫我把他们埋得更深了
Whoever had the idea, I think it was a good one,
不管是谁想出来的,都是个好主意
because the police found skin under William's fingernails.
因为警察在威廉的指甲里发现了皮肤
Definitely came from one of his attackers.
肯定来自于某个攻击他的人
We ran it against Samuel Abbott's DNA this morning.
我们今早对阿伯特的DNA进行了配对
And let me guess it didn't match.
让我猜猜,不匹配
Is this supposed to be scaring me?
你这是在吓唬我吗
It's probably mine. So what?
大概是我的,那又如何
I have an immunity deal.
我可是有免责协议的
Yes, you do. You cannot be prosecuted
是的,你有,你不会因
for any crimes committed, quote, "In consort with," Unquote,
和气球人,原话是"一起"犯下的罪行
the Balloon Man.
而被起诉
Thing is...
事情是
Samuel Abbott broke three vertebrae in his back
萨缪尔·阿伯特在2009年3月23日折断了
on March 23, 2009.
三块椎骨
That's why he couldn't work as an exterminator anymore.
所以他无法再做防治虫害的工作了
That's why he wore a back brace.
所以他穿着背撑
The surgery had him in hospital for three weeks.
手术让他在医院躺了三个星期
I believe he was in traction the entire time.
他那时一直在接受牵引治疗
Difficult to abduct and murder a young boy
就算你身体很好的时候,诱拐并杀害
when you're feeling well, I'd imagine.
一个小男孩都挺困难的
From a hospital bed, I'd say it was impossible.
在医院的病床上,我觉得那是不可能的
I have an immunity deal.
我有免责协议
For crimes committed in consort with Samuel Abbott.
豁免的是和阿伯特一起犯下的罪行
But you took William Crawford on your own, didn't you?
但你是一个人完成了克劳福德的案子,是吧
What happened?
怎么了
You get bored while your playmate was in hospital?
你的玩伴躺在医院,所以你无聊了
Actually, you know what, don't tell me,
事实上,你还是别告诉我了
'cause... I don't care.
因为,我不在乎
Are those for me?
他们是来抓我的吗
I called them right after
在你父母告诉我
you parents told me you were in the park.
你在公园之后,我就叫了警察
You're welcome to try and run.
欢迎你试着逃跑
I've recently started developing my core, you know?
我最近开始增强自己的体质了
Could use a bit of a workout.
可以做些锻炼了
Oh, no. A fair fight's not really your speed, is it?
不,光明正大的战斗你不太习惯吧
It was only one murder.
只是一起谋杀
And Samuel abused me.
萨缪尔还虐待过我
I'll be out soon.
我很快就会出来的
What are you doing?
你在干什么
Depriving you of all stimuli.
防止你受到外界刺激
It's time for you to get some sleep. What?
是时候补充睡眠了, 什么
No. No, no, no, no. No.
不不不
Right after you solve a case you're flushed with success.
在解决案件之后,整个人都会很激动
We should double down on work.
我们要加倍努力工作
We?
我们
You, me...
你,我
Angus.
还有安格斯
Some combination of the three.
我们三个的组合
You already know I favor you. Mm?
你知道我喜欢你的,是吧
Hey! No! No! This is...
不要,这是...
Right now I'm full of energy, ideas, momentum.
我现在充满了能量,想法,动力
What kind of tea is that? Drowsy-time tea.
那是什么茶, 安心睡眠茶
It detoxifies and cleanses the system.
它能去毒以及清理肠胃
Now is the moment when a true detective
现在该是一个真正的侦探
digs into his old files.
查阅旧档案的时刻
You see everything with a new light. You'll see.
万物都散发着崭新的光芒,你会看见的
I'm gonna solve three cases by nightfall.
傍晚前我要解决三个案件

重点单词   查看全部解释    
secure [si'kjuə]

想一想再看

adj. 安全的,牢靠的,稳妥的
vt. 固定

联想记忆
animate ['ænimit]

想一想再看

v. 使 ... 有生气,赋予生命,促使
ad

联想记忆
balloon [bə'lu:n]

想一想再看

n. 气球
vt. 使膨胀
vi.

联想记忆
deserve [di'zə:v]

想一想再看

vi. 应该得到
vt. 应受,值得

联想记忆
traction ['trækʃən]

想一想再看

n. 拖,拽,牵引,牵引力,附着磨擦力

 
surgery ['sə:dʒəri]

想一想再看

n. 外科,外科手术,诊所

 
core [kɔ:]

想一想再看

n. 果心,核心,要点
vt. 挖去果核

 
identify [ai'dentifai]

想一想再看

vt. 识别,认明,鉴定
vi. 认同,感同身

 
stretch [stretʃ]

想一想再看

n. 伸展,张开
adj. 可伸缩的

 
approximately [ə'prɔksimitli]

想一想再看

adv. 近似地,大约

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。